PDA

View Full Version : Sibbald to Hibs

Gordy M
16-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Just heard from a season ticket holder at Falkirk that the rumours there are Craig Sibbald to hibs, with Alex Harris going the other way. He is normally quite reliable with Falkirk rumours.

hibs#1
16-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Just heard from a season ticket holder at Falkirk that the rumours there are Craig Sibbald to hibs, with Alex Harris going the other way. He is normally quite reliable with Falkirk rumours.

Was Harris not already released?

iwasthere1972
16-06-2017, 08:07 PM

Yes.

Gordy M
16-06-2017, 08:08 PM

Yeh sorry, i didnt mean it was a swap deal.....just that Harris waa signing with them

bingo70
16-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Would be delighted with this, always thought he was a good player.

Good scoring record against us as well I think?

cabbageandribs1875
16-06-2017, 08:10 PM
i'm sure his hibby brother will be pleased anyway (or maybe not)

B.H.F.C
16-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Would be delighted with this, always thought he was a good player.

Good scoring record against us as well I think?

Think he scored against us in 3 games last season but we won them all.

Never been particularly impressed by him but gets goals from midfield sommust do something right.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2017, 08:16 PM

He has, but maybe we are due a development fee?

Heisenberg
16-06-2017, 08:17 PM

Would take that. Falkirk are due a huge compo payment for him if he leaves though, might take another player (Stanton?) and a massive sell on clause to get him.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Good young player with lots of games under his belt. Think it would be a great signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordy M
16-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Would take that. Falkirk are due a huge compo payment for him if he leaves though, might take another player (Stanton?) and a massive sell on clause to get him.

Well he told me a few days ago that both Stanton and Harris were going to Falkirk but said today it was only Harris?? He seemed pretty confident of his info...but who knows.

weecounty hibby
16-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Never been too impressed by him in any games I've seen him play. But if Neil Lennon thinks he'll work for us then happy to go with it

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 08:25 PM
If it's true he'll need to score a barrow load quickly. For an alleged Hibs fan the celebration of every goal scored against us was designed to wind the crowd up. Always in among the pushing and shoving and early kicking beloved by the bald Levein.

Stevie Reid
16-06-2017, 08:31 PM

As far as I'm aware we would only be due a fee for Alex if we had offered him a new contract on the same or better terms as his old one.

Big_Franck
16-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Never seen why some rated him, he's always been bang average whenever i've seen him. He's also very weak on the ball. He's been playing with Falkirk for years and if he was half decent he'd have moved on by now. The championship is his level IMO.

Captain Trips
Good player but with McGinn and Swanson both very likely to be first picks where does he sit? Good player to have though.

Libby Hibby
Great wee player and would be pleased if he signed for us.

orourke
16-06-2017, 08:36 PM

Spoke to Alex last week and asked what he had planned, his reply was looks like iam going to Falkirk !. i think if we can get Sibbald it would be a great move

Hibernia&Alba
16-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Never seen why some rated him, he's always been bang average whenever i've seen him. He's also very weak on the ball. He's been playing with Falkirk for years and if he was half decent he'd have moved on by now. The championship is his level IMO.

I'd willingly give him the chance, if possible.

Stevie Reid
16-06-2017, 08:37 PM

As far as I'm aware we would only be due a fee for Alex if we had offered him a new contract on the same or better terms as his old one.

ancient hibee
16-06-2017, 08:49 PM
If it's true he'll need to score a barrow load quickly. For an alleged Hibs fan the celebration of every goal scored against us was designed to wind the crowd up. Always in among the pushing and shoving and early kicking beloved by the bald Levein.
It's called playing for the jersey.The very least you should expect from a player.

3pm
16-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Can't see it.

3pm
16-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Great wee player and would be pleased if he signed for us.

Give it a rest.

My_Wife_Camille
16-06-2017, 08:54 PM
He's been playing for Falkirk for years but he's still a young guy. Younger than John McGinn and only about 3 months older than Jason Cummings.

He's come on leaps and bounds this year too and will be moving to a decent club this summer. Would be happy enough if it's us

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 09:01 PM
It's called playing for the jersey.The very least you should expect from a player.

I forgot shocking haircut. There are plenty of players who play for he jersey who don't wind up opposition. I can't think he was singled out for abuse so had a point to prove. I've never booed anyone in a Hibs shirt and look forward to any signing being the next legend. For me the debit column is below zero and I'm pretty tolerant. There's many out there pretty unforgiving. He's going to have to prove himself quickly -if he is coming at all- was the point.

Biggie
16-06-2017, 09:09 PM
One of those players you hate when he played against us, but if he played for us, we'd love him.
He takes no *****, and gives us more steel......perfect for playing the yams..

H18 SFR
16-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Not someone I'd like to see at ER.

Onceinawhile
16-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Would take him.

Kato
16-06-2017, 09:15 PM
He certainly got himself noticed in games against us. Think he's well worth a punt. Always looked hungry.

supermcginn
16-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Average player, no thanks

RMQ1967
16-06-2017, 09:26 PM
One of those players you hate when he played against us, but if he played for us, we'd love him.

Agreed - very talented boy with a bit of steel about him. I think he's another guy like Murray who has bags of energy & will run all day for the team. Maybe typical of the kind of player NL is looking to bring in.

Keyser Sauzee
16-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Very average player in a very average league, we can and should do much better.

truehibernian
Not someone I'd like to see at ER.

What were your honest thoughts when we signed John McGinn ?

I'd take Sibbald and he's been on a few ex managers radar so it wouldn't be a surprise him going to Hibs. He's a technically gifted midfielder, one worry would be physicality and he's not the bravest player.

I'd also worry that this would mean we won't pursue Henderson - a player we should be moving heaven and earth to get back to Easter Road.

Libby Hibby
Give it a rest.

if it happens you won't be disappointed as I think he is a terrific wee player.

SirDavidsNapper
16-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Not for me. There's a reason Sibbald has been stuck at Falkirk for years.

dmc1875
16-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Not for me. There's a reason Sibbald has been stuck at Falkirk for years.

He's 22 and it isn't his ability or professionalism..

Big_Franck
16-06-2017, 09:52 PM
He's been playing for Falkirk for years but he's still a young guy. Younger than John McGinn and only about 3 months older than Jason Cummings.

He's come on leaps and bounds this year too and will be moving to a decent club this summer. Would be happy enough if it's us

I disagree. When I seen him last season he was no better than when we first played them 3 seasons ago. He hasn't progressed as you would have hoped which is why he has played 5 seasons at Falkirk without being picked up. Hope he signs for Hearts as he's not good enough to succeed in the Premiership IMO.

hibs#1
16-06-2017, 09:55 PM
He's 22 and it isn't his ability or professionalism..

Yeah he could have ran down to some crappy league 1 team in England 2-3 years ago and played next to no games and his career would just fizzle out.but he stayed and played regular football and learned his trade at falkirk and his career will be better for it,as you say still only 22.

Some people just don't see the bigger picture.

HoboHarry
16-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Don't sign McGinn he's s***e ................ aw wait he's great
Don't sign Commons he's s***e ................ aw wait he's great
Don't sign Ambrose he's s***e ................ aw wait he's great
Don't sign Sibbald he's s***e ................

snooky
16-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Seems Sibbald is splitting the Hibsnetters like a referendum :sairhead:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Said before that Sibbald would benefit from a season or two with us just to progress a wee bit further even if it meant giving Falkirk half the sell on fee .

Lago
16-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Seems Sibbald is splitting the Hibsnetters like a referendum :sairhead:
Whats new?

jeffers
16-06-2017, 10:02 PM
I think he's a decent player, has an eye for a goal and a bit of a nasty streak about him. However if the reported fee of £450,000 that Falkirk want in compensation is true I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere.

Ilovehibs
16-06-2017, 10:06 PM
I think he's a decent player, has an eye for a goal and a bit of a nasty streak about him. However if the reported fee of £450,000 that Falkirk want in compensation is true I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere.

Absolutely NO thanks if that's the fee involved!!!

Winston Ingram
16-06-2017, 10:12 PM
We are not due a development fee for Harris as we would have had to have offered him a new deal of at least the same amount of money that he was on. We didn't offer him a deal at all.

Craig Sibbald is not coming to Hibs as Falkirk are a due £450k dev fee.

Andy74
16-06-2017, 10:14 PM
We are not due a development fee for Harris as we would have had to have offered him a new deal of at least the same amount of money that he was on. We didn't offer him a deal at all.

How do you know what fee would be set?

HoboHarry
16-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Reported where?

J-C
16-06-2017, 10:23 PM

Saves me writing this. :agree:

Sir David Gray
16-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Personally not a name I would automatically go for and don't think he's anything special but if it happens then I'll happily welcome him and see what he can do.

jeffers
16-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Reported where?

On here ! So I should have said.

Only newspaper report I've seen puts the actual figure at £240,000 - big difference.

18Hibee75
16-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Would be a decent signing but not the type of signing that would get me excited. He's done well in the championship and is one of Falkirks best players, but would he really help us finish top four?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

J-C
16-06-2017, 10:30 PM
On here ! So I should have said.

Only actual newspaper report I've seen puts the actual figure at £240,000 - big difference.

Sibbald will cost around the same as McGinn did, he's played the majority of his career in the Championship and is a good prospect with a lot of games under his belt for a young player, offer them £150K with 30% sell on.

jeffers
16-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Sibbald will cost around the same as McGinn did, he's played the majority of his career in the Championship and is a good prospect with a lot of games under his belt for a young player, offer them £150K with 30% sell on.

Yeah - I'm not sure where the £450,000 came from. My bad for believing what I read on here I really should know better.

madhatter
16-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Would be a decent signing but not the type of signing that would get me excited. He's done well in the championship and is one of Falkirks best players, but would he really help us finish top four?

No idea but what did you think when McGinn signed? Did you honestly think he'd become one of our best players pretty much instantly?

Let's be honest Sibbald has always played well against us barring a couple of games and is only 22. He has ability so its a chance for success. If there is little to no money involved in bringing him in and this is more than just a rumour, I'm happy enough with it. Only time will tell with any signing, Swanson could be mince for us but like all fans I'm hoping he is a superb signing.

Juice-Terry
16-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Great player. Sign him up.

Heisenberg
16-06-2017, 10:46 PM

450k is massive. Don't quite understand it tbh. McGinn went for much less and played all his games at a higher level. Think Falkirk would be extremely lucky to get anywhere near that.

jeffers
16-06-2017, 10:56 PM
450k is massive. Don't quite understand it tbh. McGinn went for much less and played all his games at a higher level. Think Falkirk would be extremely lucky to get anywhere near that.

Admittedly from the Daily Record:

Bairns assistant manager James McDonaugh also admits it could be time for Sibbald to spread his wings.
Falkirk’s offer protects their £240,000 development fee if he he decides to move and McDonaugh said: “We want him to stay but you have to appreciate what he’s given the club and what he wants for his own future.

SteveHFC
16-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Would be a good signing. Sure his brother is a hibby.

cabbageandribs1875
16-06-2017, 11:38 PM

i've never saw it mentioned on here that he is an alleged hibs fan, he's not a hibs fan, but his brother is

:)

Unseen work
17-06-2017, 12:35 AM
Iv never been overly impressed when i have seen him play but he always seems to score.

i would be willing to give him a chance if the deal was right as he is a young guy

Interestingly I notice he has never been capped at 18,19,20 or 21s for Scotland? That can't be right surely?

the amount of players that have got a cap for them you surely think as he has been playing top first team for 6 years he would have got a call up?

CMurdoch
17-06-2017, 12:37 AM
Admittedly from the Daily Record:

Bairns assistant manager James McDonaugh also admits it could be time for Sibbald to spread his wings.
Falkirk’s offer protects their £240,000 development fee if he he decides to move and McDonaugh said: “We want him to stay but you have to appreciate what he’s given the club and what he wants for his own future.

Would rather we add another £200k to that and sign Boyce.
We could live without Sibbald but will desperately need more goals especially if Cummings is gone.

green day
17-06-2017, 04:41 AM

This is Falkirk (same as many clubs do) playing the development fee system.

The guys out of contract, they put the same offer on the table in the knowledge that very few clubs in Scotland can afford that outlay.

I know it was introduced to stop bigger clubs hoovering up talent, but it feels almost like a restriction on his movement/choices.

What happens if no club wants to pay the fee? Does he have no option other than taking the offer from Falkirk?

Vault Boy
17-06-2017, 05:15 AM
He's a player you would much rather play with than against. Always a nuisance, capable of goals from anywhere and works his socks off for his team. Would be a very good signing IMO.

J-C
17-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Yeah - I'm not sure where the £450,000 came from. My bad for believing what I read on here I really should know better.

Like you I have no idea of the development fee and Hibs wouldn't pay £240k either, as far as I'm aware we did a deal for McGinn that gives a decent chunk of any fee to St Mirren with a small fee, another deal like that would suit Hibs.

I first thought he was being brought in as McGinns replacement but with SJM doing the new strip photo shoot I expect it's not, that's if we're even after him.

jeffers
17-06-2017, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=green day;5073276]This is Falkirk (same as many clubs do) playing the development fee system.

The guys out of contract, they put the same offer on the table in the knowledge that very few clubs in Scotland can afford that outlay.

I know it was introduced to stop bigger clubs hoovering up talent, but it feels almost like a restriction on his movement/choices.

What happens if no club wants to pay the fee? Does he have no option other than taking the offer from Falkirk?[/QUOTE

I agree to an extent, but in Falkirk's defence I believe they offered him a new deal because they want to keep him. If he was to help get them promoted this season that may worth more to them than any development fee. Equally if he were to leave I would imagine that kind of money would be a lot to a club the size of Falkirk.

I imagine unless he tries his luck in America he has no option but to stay with Falkirk if noone will pay the fee. I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him, but like another poster said if we are to pay a fee I'd rather we did so for a striker. Of course we may not even be interested in him, could just be speculation on here.

bingo70
17-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Thing about sibbald for me is that he gets into the box, he creates and he scores. From midfield we've not had an awful lot of players like that.

He might not catch the eye in terms of being the quickest or likely to beat a man but he strikes me as a good team player.

I'd be delighted if we signed him and would be dissapointed if hearts got him.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Cracking player and I'd like to seem him at Hibs.

The fact so many seem to dislike him speaks volumes to me. The kind of player you hate when he's playing against you. He'd win Hibs fans over pretty quickly if he got a fair crack imo.

Pretty Boy
17-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Iv never been overly impressed when i have seen him play but he always seems to score.

i would be willing to give him a chance if the deal was right as he is a young guy

Interestingly I notice he has never been capped at 18,19,20 or 21s for Scotland? That can't be right surely?

the amount of players that have got a cap for them you surely think as he has been playing top first team for 6 years he would have got a call up?

Same thing happened with James McCarthy and James McArthur. Both playing regularly for Hamilton at 16, both ignored by Scotland at youth level.

3pm
17-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Have Falkirk won anything while he's been playing? No caps? Where does the £240K come from then?

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Would rather we add another £200k to that and sign Boyce.
We could live without Sibbald but will desperately need more goals especially if Cummings is gone.

Apparently £440k is not the amount that triggers his release clause, its £500k, how much do you think a £500k player would want in wages?

Springbank
17-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Have Falkirk won anything while he's been playing? No caps? Where does the £240K come from then?

They' have reached the Scottish Cup final, he scored the goal that won the semi final (when Fyvie, Allan et al couldn't rise enough to that occasion)

IanM
17-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Cracking player and I'd like to seem him at Hibs.

The fact so many seem to dislike him speaks volumes to me. The kind of player you hate when he's playing against you. He'd win Hibs fans over pretty quickly if he got a fair crack imo.

This.. he's a midfielder who chips in with goals, something badly missing

Wasn't long ago it was 'reported' that a range of top SPl and English championship teams were interested. Would do more than fine in our make up and under Lennon would undoubtably improve

Aldo
17-06-2017, 07:19 AM
I'd rather we signed Liam Henderson however Sibbald would be a good addition.

I wonder if we could see us losing SJM and Sibbald as a replacement??

JimBHibees
17-06-2017, 07:20 AM
I'd rather we signed Liam Henderson however Sibbald would be a good addition.

I wonder if we could see us losing SJM and Sibbald as a replacement??

That would be my first thought also think if he comes in SJM goes may be wrong.

Aldo
17-06-2017, 07:28 AM

Replacing 2 or 3 fringe players with Sibbald is a no brainer however not sure he would be a starter.

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 07:38 AM

Why, what did he say? [emoji6]

Libby Hibby
Replacing 2 or 3 fringe players with Sibbald is a no brainer however not sure he would be a starter.

I was just going to post the same. He may or may not be a regular starter but he improves our squad depth and squad ability if you compare him to the likes of Stanton and Harris.

S4uzee
Are we even interested?

Aldo
17-06-2017, 07:41 AM
I was just going to post the same. He may or may not be a regular starter but he improves our squad depth and squad ability if you compare him to the likes of Stanton and Harris.

I don't want to lose SJM but if we do I would see Sibbald as a good replacement! He's still young with a lot of games under his belt!

A step up and the potential to sell on for a profit.

J-C
17-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Apparently £440k is not the amount that triggers his release clause, its £500k, how much do you think a £500k player would want in wages?

FFS don't start G, we had enough of that on the other thread :greengrin

thebausburst
17-06-2017, 07:49 AM
They' have reached the Scottish Cup final, he scored the goal that won the semi final (when Fyvie, Allan et al couldn't rise enough to that occasion)

My recollection of that game was Allan was virtually unplayable for a long period and IMO one of the best displays I'd seen from a hibs midfielder at hampden!

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2017, 07:55 AM
FFS don't start G, we had enough of that on the other thread :greengrin

:tee hee: Its true though, i mean come on, does anyone really think we would pay half a million for 1 player, plus the wages they'd command?

Gordy M
17-06-2017, 07:56 AM
Are we even interested?

It was myself who started the thread, so to put a bit of context around what i posted. I spoke to a Falkirk season ticket holder who said he had 'connections' at Falkirk. What those are, im not sure.

He told me that Falkirk had held talks with Alex Harris and Sam Stanton. Apparently Stanton had played left back for Dumbarton last year?? And falkirk had lost their left back to a club down south so were looking to replace him with Stanton.

He text me last night amd said that he wasnt sure what was happening with Stanton but that Harris was close to signing. He then said that Hibs had approached Falkirk with regards to signing Sibbald. Thats all he knew....may be nothing but just thought id pass it on.

Jones28
17-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Hungry, tenacious and a bit of a fud. I like him.

Onion
17-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Good player, always plays well against us. Wonder if he can make the step up to play for a proper football team, though ?

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2017, 08:08 AM
I think he's a very good player who was on the verge of becoming a great one a few seasons ago. He probably now needs to move from Falkirk to do this as he's stagnated a bit.,

I recall the semi against Falkirk where Scott Allan seemed to dominate the game with his classy range of movement and passing.,But the reason Falkirk beat us that day was because Sibbald was almost as good and far more effective, scoring the winner.

The Fallirk fans who watch him week in week out rate him very highly. To me that's a better indicator of his suitability for a Hibs jersey than his celebrations of a goal against (in this case us) a rival side. People really have to stop taking that sort of nonsense personally.

3pm
17-06-2017, 08:19 AM
I think he's a very good player who was on the verge of becoming a great one a few seasons ago. He probably now needs to move from Falkirk to do this as he's stagnated a bit.,

I recall the semi against Falkirk where Scott Allan seemed to dominate the game with his classy range of movement and passing.,But the reason Falkirk beat us that day was because Sibbald was almost as good and far more effective, scoring the winner.

The Fallirk fans who watch him week in week out rate him very highly. To me that's a better indicator of his suitability for a Hibs jersey than his celebrations of a goal against (in this case us) a rival side. People really have to stop taking that sort of nonsense personally.

The Falkirk fans are a 'reliable source' I suppose Robert? :o)

18Hibee75
17-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Not true.

AlbertK86
17-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Allan and fyvie both better players than Sibbald in my opinion.

It was Dylan that never rose high enough that day !!!!

Anyway if Fraser Fyvie is leaving I would take Sibbald as he is a goal scorer and that is what we need from midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Unseen work
17-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Sibbald is nowehere near Mcginn and not a similar player or replacement.

the only thing they have in common is that they're left footed imo.

can imagine him playing a similar role to Keatings

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2017, 01:04 PM
They' have reached the Scottish Cup final, he scored the goal that won the semi final (when Fyvie, Allan et al couldn't rise enough to that occasion)Allan was the best player on the park that day, by miles. A goal doesn't change that. Sibbald is a decent player but lets not be daft.

Unseen work
17-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Allan was the best player on the park that day, by miles. A goal doesn't change that. Sibbald is a decent player but lets not be daft.

100%

Allan was the only player that looked like he actually wanted to win/willing to do something about it

He gets alot of stick by some on here for not trying etc but that day he was dragging the whole team to try win the game

weecounty hibby
18-06-2017, 10:03 AM

I was at a wedding a few months back that was full of Falkirk fans. The best he got from any of them was a he's all right. Slow as **** was on of the comments. My brother in law and nephews have STs for them and none of them rate him too highly. If he signs and does well, then fine, but I would hope that we could sign better. I would rather keep Fyvie than sign Sibbald

Andy74
18-06-2017, 10:11 AM
100%

Allan was the only player that looked like he actually wanted to win/willing to do something about it

He gets alot of stick by some on here for not trying etc but that day he was dragging the whole team to try win the game

Yet Sibbald won the game. This is what we've been missing from our midfield.

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2017, 11:02 AM
The Falkirk fans are a 'reliable source' I suppose Robert? :o)

They told me this themselves

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2017, 11:06 AM
I was at a wedding a few months back that was full of Falkirk fans. The best he got from any of them was a he's all right. Slow as **** was on of the comments. My brother in law and nephews have STs for them and none of them rate him too highly. If he signs and does well, then fine, but I would hope that we could sign better. I would rather keep Fyvie than sign Sibbald

I agree - would rather have FF. Yes, I do get them impression that Sibbald is seen as a player who's career has gone into decline over the last couple of seasons. Whether it could be resurrected at Hibs or elsewhere, I don't know, but sticking around at Falkirk has been a bad move for him.

edwards
18-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Would be a good replacement for Fyvie and is true would match what Lennon is after he scores goals from midfield with him and Swanson in midfield this would be an added bonus.

CMurdoch
18-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Think Sibbald will have a decent career playing for the teams in the bottom half of the Premiership.
Would rather we kept FF.

SirDavidsNapper
18-06-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't want us going back to the powder puff midfield of a few years ago. Sibbald would get bullied at this level. Craig Sibbald in an Edinburgh derby 🙈

dchibs
18-06-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't want us going back to the powder puff midfield of a few years ago. Sibbald would get bullied at this level. Craig Sibbald in an Edinburgh derby 🙈

yes reminds me a bit too much like Danny Handling.

Andy74
18-06-2017, 01:08 PM
yes reminds me a bit too much like Danny Handling.

Nothing like Handling at all.

He's also played 3 to 4 times more games and scored about 7 times as many goals.

Onion
18-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Allan was the best player on the park that day, by miles. A goal doesn't change that. Sibbald is a decent player but lets not be daft.

Also much easier for players at smaller clubs to raise their game for a one-of against better opposition - happens at every level of football all over the world.

madhatter
18-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Craig Sibbald played every week in a team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year...Harris and Stanton couldn't hold down a place in our team and Stanton is regularly loaned out to teams in the lower half of the championship...how is he the same as them?

AlbertK86
18-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Craig Sibbald played every week in a team that knocked us out of the playoffs last year...Harris and Stanton couldn't hold down a place in our team and Stanton is regularly loaned out to teams in the lower half of the championship...how is he the same as them?

The ref knocked us out the play offs with by not giving the most blatant hand ball ever

Andy74
18-06-2017, 06:56 PM
The ref knocked us out the play offs with by not giving the most blatant hand ball ever

It didn't help but that's just a cop out.

They finished above us and put us out over two games.

Libby Hibby
18-06-2017, 07:43 PM
And knocked us out of the SC the previous season with Sibbald scoring the winner.

Falkirk are a stuffy, well organised side, they don't play the game the way I like to see it but they are pretty handy and would compete in the bottom 6 easily.

Sibbald would be an excellent addition to our squad IMO.

DublinHibs44
18-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Would be a reasonable signing, don't think he would necessarily be first pick but certainly improve the squad

Wilson
18-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Would be a reasonable signing, don't think he would necessarily be first pick but certainly improve the squad

Simon Murray won't be first pick. Sibbald wouldn't be first pick...

We might want to start signing players that could walk right into our team!

dchibs
18-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Would be a good replacement for Fyvie and is true would match what Lennon is after he scores goals from midfield with him and Swanson in midfield this would be an added bonus.

Personally think we could do better.

MWHIBBIES
18-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Simon Murray won't be first pick. Sibbald wouldn't be first pick...

We might want to start signing players that could walk right into our team!Like Efe Ambrose?

JimBHibees
18-06-2017, 09:19 PM
It didn't help but that's just a cop out.

They finished above us and put us out over two games.

Didn't help must be the biggest underestimate ever.

Andy74
18-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Didn't help must be the biggest underestimate ever.

We had two games. Keeper chucked one first game, we defended very badly for last goal. We might have missed the penalty.

It was a poor decision but we lost the games because, as with finishing below them, we just couldn't put them away.

monktonharp
18-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Very average player in a very average league, we can and should do much better.an average player, in a very average league? sounds like he is a bit over the very average players he'd be playing against then, is he not? might do well.

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Any signings at Hibs have to be speculative. If we sign an established star they will come with some baggage. Sibbald wouldn't be a promenade signing that would send ST sales rocketing, but he'd be a decent enough punt.

dmc1875
19-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Sibbald has shown glimpses over the last few years of being a decent midfielder. Scored many a goal against us for someone who has apparently not "done anything" against us, and has a good head on him.

Remember his age. He is only 22 and has four seasons under his belt playing for a fairly decent Falkirk team who punched above their weight.

He's a player that could turn out to be very good no reason why we shouldn't be looking at him IMO

Cameron1875
19-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Hibs need to be careful they don't slip back into the dark days of a few seasons ago, signing players that look decent in spells then cack themselves playing for a bigger club.

Nearly 12k ST holders means there's a demand to give next season a good go no? Sibbald is a Partick Thistle signing, not Hibs.

I'm aware how snobby that might look but ah well.

ekhibee
19-06-2017, 01:03 AM
He scores goals and most of our midfield don't, or only rarely. For 3 seasons he was scoring against us and other teams in the same league as us. He's only 22 and still could be developed as a player. I'd sign him. Whether he'd be a 1st team choice is open to debate, but it'd be good to have another option instead of purely relying on the strikers to score every goal. I still hate Houston though.

My_Wife_Camille
19-06-2017, 01:06 AM
People on here are hugely underestimating Sibbald. Someone said that his career has been on the decline recently but in reality it's quite the opposite. He's matured a lot as a player this year and keeps developing every year. He's only 22 years old, was included in the Championship team of the year and is nowhere near his peak either. People comparing him to Danny Handling or saying he's a Patrick Thistle type signing are way off the mark. In fact, I think Sibbald has scored more goals against Hibs alone than Danny Handling has scored for Hibs. He already has 245 first games under his belt too which is a very decent return for someone of his age.

J-C
19-06-2017, 08:37 AM
People on here are hugely underestimating Sibbald. Someone said that his career has been on the decline recently but in reality it's quite the opposite. He's matured a lot as a player this year and keeps developing every year. He's only 22 years old, was included in the Championship team of the year and is nowhere near his peak either. People comparing him to Danny Handling or saying he's a Patrick Thistle type signing are way off the mark. In fact, I think Sibbald has scored more goals against Hibs alone than Danny Handling has scored for Hibs. He already has 245 first games under his belt too which is a very decent return for someone of his age.

To a certain extent I agree with all of this but after saying all that, why has no bigger club snapped him up yet?

I would've thought someone like Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone or us would've taken a punt on him 2-3 years ago.

CapitalGreen
19-06-2017, 08:42 AM
To a certain extent I agree with all of this but after saying all that, why has no bigger club snapped him up yet?

I would've thought someone like Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone or us would've taken a punt on him 2-3 years ago.

Fee maybe? I don't think Hibs or Hearts were paying a great amount of fees 2-3 years ago.

Also, maybe he wanted to stay and continue his development at a club renowned for producing good players. Would he have got to 250 odd games if he'd joined one of the clubs above as an 18/19 year old?

Just need to look at Chelsea's youth ranks to see the number of highly rated youngsters with careers that have stalled after joining a bigger club too soon.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2017, 09:03 AM
I dont see the fuss about him tbh...alright player but nothing special

JDHibs
19-06-2017, 09:29 AM
"Will get bullied at this level" Like he did when he frequently scored against us? Or put in great performances against us aswell as The Rangers?

"Would rather we kept Fyvie" How goals has Fyvie scored for us? How many assists did Fyvie get for us? What does he offer going forward? Where our main problem has been for the past 3 seasons, scoring goals.

Sibbald has just turned 22 and has played 245 games, scored 33 goals and got 40 assists, keeping in mind the past 3 seasons we have been in the league, The Rangers for 2 seasons and Hearts for 1 season, yet he still has very good stats. Would be a cracking signing for us, never hides, scores goals and gets stuck in!

Sioux
19-06-2017, 09:29 AM

Right, so we should only sign players that Herts, Aberdeen or St Johnstone should sign? Why 2-3 years ago? An untried untested young player not long out of development league - is that where we should be? Don't think so.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 09:36 AM
"Will get bullied at this level" Like he did when he frequently scored against us? Or put in great performances against us aswell as The Rangers?

"Would rather we kept Fyvie" How goals has Fyvie scored for us? How many assists did Fyvie get for us? What does he offer going forward? Where our main problem has been for the past 3 seasons, scoring goals.

Sibbald has just turned 22 and has played 245 games, scored 33 goals and got 40 assists, keeping in mind the past 3 seasons we have been in the league, The Rangers for 2 seasons and Hearts for 1 season, yet he still has very good stats. Would be a cracking signing for us, never hides, scores goals and gets stuck in!How many goals and assists does Bartley have for us? Why are players, in 2017, still being judged on stats? Fyvies contribution is so much more than stats.

Here is another stat. Fyvie has an FA cup winners medal and a Scottish cup winners medal while Craig Sibbald can't even get out of the Championship.

Diclonius
19-06-2017, 09:45 AM
5 pages and there isn't even a credible rumour about him.

Big90inOz
19-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Why not let the manager manage ?

Craig_in_Prague
19-06-2017, 09:57 AM

Exactly. A bit chat from a mate of someone who supports Falkirk.

Suppose it'd be quiet during silly season without some gossip, 99% of which is pure greggs.

I actually don't think Lennon will sign any of the current rumoured players.

JDHibs
19-06-2017, 10:09 AM
How many goals and assists does Bartley have for us? Why are players, in 2017, still being judged on stats? Fyvies contribution is so much more than stats.

Here is another stat. Fyvie has an FA cup winners medal and a Scottish cup winners medal while Craig Sibbald can't even get out of the Championship.

Bartleys a defensive midfielder, and only that. Very rarely even ventures over the half way line.

Fyvie is seen as a forward thinking player, how are forward thinking players judged? By goals, assists and stats. Thats why, even in 2017, stats are used to judge players. Never mind personal opinions from seeing both players several times.

Can you phone Buffon and tell him hes a crap keeper because Dudek has a champions league medal and he doesnt? Stats are all very well and good if you know how to use them, i.e you picked a stupid one and i used a relevant one? Winning trophies doesnt make an individual great, have you seen Andersons tophies from when he was at Utd? Dont think Griezmanns won much as a player? Is Fyvie better than him?

CapitalGreen
19-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Bartleys a defensive midfielder, and only that. Very rarely even ventures over the half way line.

Fyvie is seen as a forward thinking player, how are forward thinking players judged? By goals, assists and stats. Thats why, even in 2017, stats are used to judge players. Never mind personal opinions from seeing both players several times.

Can you phone Buffon and tell him hes a crap keeper because Dudek has a champions league medal and he doesnt? Stats are all very well and good if you know how to use them, i.e you picked a stupid one and i used a relevant one? Winning trophies doesnt make an individual great, have you seen Andersons tophies from when he was at Utd? Dont think Griezmanns won much as a player? Is Fyvie better than him?

Assists are only counted as the final pass before a goal is scored. They do not determine which was the key pass to a goal being scored.

For example if a midfielder plays a pin-point through ball which cuts through the opposition defence and puts attacker X in behind. Attacker X then plays a pass to his strike parter attacker Y who finishes into an empty net. Attacker X gets credited with the assist, however in actual fact, it was the midfielder who created the opportunity with vision and skill to open up the opposition defence.

As shown here:
https://youtu.be/an91NbI_ysk?t=1m29s

CraigHibee
19-06-2017, 10:36 AM

My thoughts exactly! From what others have said he ISN'T a signing target

The Captain....
19-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Seemed a pretty average Championship midfielder to me, file with Andreu under 'meh' in the current transfer rumours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDHibs
19-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Assists are only counted as the final pass before a goal is scored. They do not determine which was the key pass to a goal being scored.

For example if a midfielder plays a pin-point through ball which cuts through the opposition defence and puts attacker X in behind. Attacker X then plays a pass to his strike parter attacker Y who finishes into an empty net. Attacker X gets credited with the assist, however in actual fact, it was the midfielder who created the opportunity with vision and skill to open up the opposition defence.

As shown here:
https://youtu.be/an91NbI_ysk?t=1m29s

I understand how assists work, but thanks for the clarification.

But even if we take 3 or 4 steps back from the assist, i cant remember when Fyvies made a "key pass" as you would put it, or a defence splitting pass. Its normally a sidewards pass or a back pass.

Dont get me wrong i think Fyvie is a decent player and has his skills, but to say you would rather have Fyvie over Sibbald is wrong. Sibbald offers what Fyvie does but adds in goals and assists. If we were to lose Fyvie and get Sibbald id be delighted. All season on here lack of goals were the main problem, barely any goals from midfield was key to that, our top scoring midfielder was McGinn with 6 or 7, Sibbald got 10 in a worse team than ours from the same position. If require a defensive mid we have Bartley, Fyvie and Bartley have proved countless times that they cant play together.

Ozyhibby
19-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story but if Fraser Fyvie is to be considered an forward thinking player then his career total of 4 goals is poor. I see him as more of a defensive mid though.
Sibbald would be a good signing in my opinion.

CapitalGreen
19-06-2017, 10:58 AM
I understand how assists work, but thanks for the clarification.

But even if we take 3 or 4 steps back from the assist, i cant remember when Fyvies made a "key pass" as you would put it, or a defence splitting pass. Its normally a sidewards pass or a back pass.

Dont get me wrong i think Fyvie is a decent player and has his skills, but to say you would rather have Fyvie over Sibbald is wrong. Sibbald offers what Fyvie does but adds in goals and assists. If we were to lose Fyvie and get Sibbald id be delighted. All season on here lack of goals were the main problem, barely any goals from midfield was key to that, our top scoring midfielder was McGinn with 6 or 7, Sibbald got 10 in a worse team than ours from the same position. If require a defensive mid we have Bartley, Fyvie and Bartley have proved countless times that they cant play together.

So you didn't watch the video then or attend that game?

Come back to me when you do.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Fyvie is the transition between midfield and attack, those players dont typically get assists. Doesnt mean he isnt extremely good at his job. Judging a player like that by his trophies is better than goals and assists.

Sibbald and Fyvie are totally different players, not going to waste my time comparing them.

ekhibee
19-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Fyvie is the transition between midfield and attack, those players dont typically get assists. Doesnt mean he isnt extremely good at his job. Judging a player like that by his trophies is better than goals and assists.

Sibbald and Fyvie are totally different players, not going to waste my time comparing them.
Good, because the thread was about Sibbald, not Fyvie, and the rumour's very probably a load of nonsense anyway.

Hibee87
19-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Heard form falkirk fan we have bid 200k plus a player (stanton he thinks) for him. Pinch of salt required i know....he also said contact had been made from down south and its really up to Sibbald where he goes.

stevie-bee
19-06-2017, 03:09 PM
The rumour started by say Sibbald to hibs Harris to Falkirk ,
Harris bit was right

Ritchie
19-06-2017, 03:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40331999

That's Harris confirmed to Falkirk

allezsauzee
19-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Comparing Sibbald to Fyvie based on their goal scoring stats is ridiculous. Even our centre halves get to be in goalscoring positions more often than Frazer, he was there to break up play and move the ball on. That said I think Sibbald could be a decent signing and along with Swanson should ensure that we are less reliant on strikers for goals.