PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

JimBHibees
16-06-2017, 08:17 AM
I see there was an article in the Sun which seemed to be indicating that he was now fully fit for the new season. Great news.

https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar

WestEndHibee
16-06-2017, 08:39 AM
READY FOR ACTION Hibs star Paul Hanlon has declared himself fit for the Premiership kick-off after operation made injury woes worse
The centre-back had an injury-plagued second half to last season, with a pelvic problem resulting in him only featuring twice for the Hibees after January

The centre-back had an injury-plagued second half to last season, with a persistent pelvic problem resulting in him only featuring twice for the Hibees after he initially broke down in January.

Paul Hanlon is ready for Premiership action with Hibs
And the 27-year-old revealed the depth of his treatment table woes – after an operation made the situation WORSE.

Hanlon said: “I’ve been back in with the physio from the start of this week.

“I came in before the rest of the boys to work with him and hopefully I can do most of the pre-season work, even if I’ll maybe miss the first couple of days. I’ll soon be back involved.

“Frustration is probably the only word for it. I got an operation in February and things only got worse after that. I kind of wish now that that had never happened.

“Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I felt much worse after the operation than I did before it, but it’s done now and I need to deal with it.

“I probably tried to come back too early a couple of times, due to an eagerness to play rather than being 100 per cent fit. I’ll learn from that and hopefully keep myself fit for the whole of this season.

“It was a ligament issue. Before I had the operation, my only problem was kicking a ball.

“I’d get a shooting pain through my pelvis when I hit a ball hard. Twisting, turning, movement, that was all fine.

“After the operation – which everyone said I needed, and I do trust them – it was worse but there’s always that chance.

“Not ever operation will work for you and it didn’t work out for me.

“There have been complications and setbacks. It’s has been tough. No-one wants to be stuck in the stand watching their team-mates on a Saturday.”

It was rough on Hanlon, who had been enjoying an impressive campaign, with SunSport columnist Jim Duffy even consistently tipping him for a Scotland call-up.

HE'LL FIRE 'EM UP Grant Holt is sure former Hibs strike pal Jason Cummings will be a smash hit at Nottingham Forest
The former Under-21 captain feels he’s returning to the top-flight a better player than the one who left it three years ago, and knows he’ll have to be at the top of his game to even start with competition from Darren McGregor and Efe Ambrose.

He added: “I definitely feel like I’m a better player. I feel like I’ve come on a lot in the last few seasons, probably through experience as much as anything else.

“I’m looking forward to testing myself in the Premiership again and getting a good gauge of where I am in my career.

“We’re pretty strong in defence going into the new season but we’re going to need everyone.

“It will be a long campaign. You only need to look at last season when Darren McGregor and I played every game for the first half of the season, when all of a sudden he was the only centre-back we had left fit.

“We had to bring in replacements and we’re lucky the club were in a position to be able to do that.

“To get signings like Efe Ambrose in through the door is great.

“He’s an international player who has done it at the very highest level. That’s exactly what you want.

“We all want Hibs to do well and the more quality players we can get in, the better.

“It must have been a big decision for him to come here. He must have enjoyed his time with us last season and I’m delighted he’s back.

“We’ve also been linked with a few quality players, which is exciting for the fans.

“It’s such a great place to be just now. The feel-good factor is still there. Winning the Scottish Cup obviously helped but it’s snowballed since.”

Paul Hanlon was speaking at the launch of Hibernian‘s new home and away kits, manufactured by Macron and sponsored by MarathonBet and Eden Mill.

The home kit will be available from Friday, June 16 in the club shop and online, while the away version goes on sale on Friday, June 30.

The DVD ‘Hibernian Reborn’, which charts the club’s Championship-winning season, will also be on sale shortly.

JDHibs
16-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Said at the kit launch that he was getting there, had been working with the physio last few days to get a head start on the other lads.

Hopefully he gets a good run, top notch player for us!

Brightside
16-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Hes not even close to fit yet. The headline doesnt even match what Paul says!! He will hopefully be a week or so behind the rest of the squad.

Billy Whizz
16-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Hes not even close to fit yet. The headline doesnt even match what Paul says!! He will hopefully be a week or so behind the rest of the squad.

He's still on antibiotics

KWJ
16-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Really big season for Paul. He could be in the Scotland squad by the end of it or fighting for a place on the bench at Hibs.

Fingers crossed for the former - love the guy, he's one of our own and is kinda overshadowed by McGregor.

superfurryhibby
16-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Really big season for Paul. He could be in the Scotland squad by the end of it or fighting for a place on the bench at Hibs.

Fingers crossed for the former - love the guy, he's one of our own and is kinda overshadowed by McGregor.

Agree with all, aside fo m the overshadowed by McGregor bit. Very different players, they compliment each other really well. Paul has more ability on the ball and is a more complete footballer.

I really hope he has an injury free season. Injury has cost him and Hibs over the past three seasons. Like you say, he has the ability and is a good shout for a Scotland cap if he finds form and fitness.

KWJ
16-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Agree with all, aside fo m the overshadowed by McGregor bit. Very different players, they compliment each other really well. Paul has more ability on the ball and is a more complete footballer.

I really hope he has an injury free season. Injury has cost him and Hibs over the past three seasons. Like you say, he has the ability and is a good shout for a Scotland cap if he finds form and fitness.

I agree, I was meaning more off the pitch where Daz seems to get more of the attention as being one of our own by the media while Hanlon is a local Hibs fan and has been with us almost as long as Lewy!

CapitalGreen
16-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Hanlon was my Player of the Season last year before his injury.

Brightside
16-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I agree, I was meaning more off the pitch where Daz seems to get more of the attention as being one of our own by the media while Hanlon is a local Hibs fan and has been with us almost as long as Lewy!

Paul gets less attention because he's incredibly dull..... and thats his words! All he cares about is playing football.

JDHibs
16-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Paul gets less attention because he's incredibly dull..... and thats his words! All he cares about is playing football.

Him and Lewy are the same, hate the limelight! Just love football!

superfurryhibby
16-06-2017, 08:41 PM

The media are irrelevant, Paul knows he`s going down as a great for his fine service to the Hibees. He`ll never be allowed to forget this all his days.

Mikey09
16-06-2017, 11:08 PM

He's our Andy Murray.

Bay Area Hibees
17-06-2017, 01:39 AM
I love paul Hanlon
Magic player, no fuss.
I might be biased but we have team of guys that seem spot on, doesn't seem to be a bad egg among them.

SChibs
17-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Going by the 10 year rule he'll be due a testimonial at some point. He made his debut as a 17 year old vs Inverness in the cup if I remember correctly

Badabing
17-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Playing left back I think. I think we won 3-0 memorable for a Dean Shiels hat trick and it being Mixus first game in charge.

Mcpakeisgod
17-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Playing left back I think. I think we won 3-0 memorable for a Dean Shiels hat trick and it being Mixus first game in charge.

Yeh I remember that game very well, straight from kick off Caly lumped it to our inexperienced Paul Hanlon who clattered there right winger in a 50/50 header. Didn't put a foot wrong iirc

3pm
17-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Going by the 10 year rule he'll be due a testimonial at some point. He made his debut as a 17 year old vs Inverness in the cup if I remember correctly

10 years in January 18 mate.

Haymaker
17-06-2017, 02:22 PM
10 years in January 18 mate.

Wonder who we'll play in HIS testimonial..?

KWJ
17-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Wonder who we'll play in HIS testimonial..?

Scottish Cup 2016 side ;)

danhibees1875
17-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Scottish Cup 2016 side ;)

The 2016 champs vs the 2018 champs would be great! :wink:

Probably just play Charlton at £30 a ticket though... :greengrin