PDA

View Full Version : There MUST be signings in place.

munchar
15-06-2017, 09:07 AM
With the imminent departure of JC, as well as the exits of Holt & Keatings, there must definitely be major signings lined up. With the trust rebuilt between board & fans, I don't think for 1 second that we would sell our star striker without having a ready made replacement. Personally, I would've kept Holt & Keatings, but if we have chose not to, I will trust Lennon & Dempsters judgement. I would also have taken Scott Allan when he became available. This small mindedness from some fans about the way he left is ridiculous. He was our player of the year, didn't fancy another year in the championship, and we got a great deal from his transfer.
As I say, we have to trust the club to bring in top class personnel, but I'm checking this site every hour or so every day for some news.
🙏⚽️🇳🇬

BSEJVT
15-06-2017, 09:39 AM
To coin a phrase from Dad's Army " Don't Panic"

Firstly we offered Holt & Keatings terms, they turned them down.

I have little doubt we will sign better.

Its catch 22 with Cummings, we cant sign replacements until we have been paid for him

We will know exactly whom we want to sign who fits within our budget and I have every confidence we will sign them in a ample time.

All is well

munchar
15-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Its catch 22 with Cummings, we cant sign replacements until we have been paid for him

We will know exactly whom we want to sign who fits within our budget and I have every confidence we will sign them in a ample time.

All is well

I admire your confidence.
GGTTH
😳🇳🇬😁

Andy74
15-06-2017, 09:43 AM
I admire your confidence.
GGTTH
😳🇳🇬😁

It's the middle of June. We will know what we need and work our way through it.

munchar
15-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Yeah, but can't help think of years gone by when we have signed the left overs at the end of transfer window. Need players in for start of pre-season, get to know team mates and fitness levels same as everyone else.

JDHibs
15-06-2017, 09:51 AM
The transfer window only opened 6 days ago, even by .net standards, panicking about signings at this stage is premature...

We will bring in 4 or 5 players.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 09:53 AM
With the imminent departure of JC, as well as the exits of Holt & Keatings, there must definitely be major signings lined up. With the trust rebuilt between board & fans, I don't think for 1 second that we would sell our star striker without having a ready made replacement. Personally, I would've kept Holt & Keatings, but if we have chose not to, I will trust Lennon & Dempsters judgement. I would also have taken Scott Allan when he became available. This small mindedness from some fans about the way he left is ridiculous. He was our player of the year, didn't fancy another year in the championship, and we got a great deal from his transfer.
As I say, we have to trust the club to bring in top class personnel, but I'm checking this site every hour or so every day for some news.
🙏⚽️🇳🇬
JC transfer has not caught Hibs offguard. I wouldn't say major signings (Boyce/Moult for example) but there are targets identified. It takes a while to get a player in as sometimes there is a chain with other clubs finding their replacements. Hibs will be looking to replace JC 20+ goals a season with two 10 goals a season strikers. Much cheaper. Add in Swanson (and hopefully Mcginn) and that covers what our front men did last year. Relying on 1 player for goals is dangerous...loss of form/injury...and we would be bang in trouble. Better off with 4 players being able to score 10 each than 1 player scoring 20+ and the rest on single figures. Could get away with it in the championship but not the premiership. I have no doubts that although JC and his goals are away...that this season we will have more firepower from the whole team! NL and LD will do the business...im sure of that!

🙏⚽️🇳🇬

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
15-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Players are on holiday.

sleeping giant
15-06-2017, 09:57 AM
For the first time in years , I have no concerns regarding our squad for next season .

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 09:58 AM
For the first time in years , I have no concerns regarding our squad for next season .
Agreed

Arch Stanton
15-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Yeah, but can't help think of years gone by when we have signed the left overs at the end of transfer window. Need players in for start of pre-season, get to know team mates and fitness levels same as everyone else.

We are not starting from zero though - we already have a decent enough squad that can compete in the SPL.

No harm at all in now trying for players who have other options to consider, as the decent players will definitely have. That said, it wouldn't do ST sales any harm if we got players signed now.:aok:

munchar
15-06-2017, 10:02 AM
The transfer window only opened 6 days ago, even by .net standards, panicking about signings at this stage is premature...

We will bring in 4 or 5 players.

It's not panicking mate, but who's to say our targets will sign. Money talks. Sooner the better for me, (and us all).
🇳🇬

JDHibs
15-06-2017, 10:11 AM
It's not panicking mate, but who's to say our targets will sign. Money talks. Sooner the better for me, (and us all).
🇳🇬

If our targets dont sign then so be it, dont want players here who just want to pick up a wage like years gone by (McGivern for example), we want players hungry to be here!

Keith_M
15-06-2017, 10:21 AM
It would be nice to see Hibs look beyond the current limited scope of new signings, which seems to consist largely of players Lennon has previously worked with.

Do we have a decent scouting system in place?

:dunno:

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 10:21 AM
🇳🇬

Don't u think it is more important to get the right person?

munchar
15-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Don't u think it is more important to get the right person?

History says the right person goes elsewhere & we end up with dross.
I trust the board now though, so we shall see.

mjhibby
15-06-2017, 10:30 AM

The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game. Nl I'm sure has his list of targets and other teams will be in the same position as us and waiting for players moves to be finalised. Stokes for instance won't go anywhere until he gets a payoff or a team meets Blackburn valuation. Patience is the key. We have the defence sorted,the midfield nearly there just the keeper and strikers to sort. We are in the best position on and off the pitch for decades let's just let Nl and Ld gets the players in.im sure everyone at hibs were anticipating Jason going so let's just let events unfold. Interesting nothing from hibs at all but as Jason hasn't gone yet nothing to report.

GloryGlory
15-06-2017, 10:31 AM
It would be nice to see Hibs look beyond the current limited scope of new signings, which seems to consist largely of players Lennon has previously worked with.

When did he work with Simon Murray and Danny Swanson?

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 10:32 AM

Remind me again where Lennon worked with Danny Swanson and Simon Murray?

You are conflating rumours with what Hibs are actually doing.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 10:33 AM

Snap

iwasthere1972
15-06-2017, 10:34 AM

Or

We're Doomed.

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 10:35 AM
History says the right person goes elsewhere & we end up with dross.
I trust the board now though, so we shall see.

Leave it to the management team, also we will need a contract agreed with Forest before we commit that money. Forest have had a tricky time recently....

NAE NOOKIE
15-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Its early days .... Its as bad signing players for the sake of it at the start of the window as it is panic buying at the end of it. We will know who we want, the trouble is the players we would like to sign will have other options.

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Ffs..

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-06-2017, 10:41 AM
To think the club won't have replacements in mind for when JC leaves would be naive. The club will be well aware that the likelihood is that he will leave this summer (i just hope SJM now stays after advertising the new kit)

Our recruitment will be no different from any other club. NL will provide a list of targets to whoever deals with transfers. Ideally we will end up with Player A who was first choice but in all probability we'll be down at B or C.

Make no mistake though, whoever we sign, will be enthusiastic about signing for us. We are a completely different club from that of 4 years ago.

Our signings this summer have already got me buzzing. I eagerly await our next announcement. Cannot wait for it all to begin next month:flag:

Greenworld
15-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Hers a thought maybe Jason has been down had a look and doesn't fancy it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

munchar
15-06-2017, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=mjhibby;5071259]The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game.

Really?
I'm bothered about league cup. Getting to Hampden is something we all want is it not?
Getting players in a couple of weeks before season starts means they will miss pre-season. It's vitally important that they are in and fit before season starts.

Callum_62
15-06-2017, 10:44 AM

Is that what youve heard?

Salt N Sauzee
15-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Beginning to think that myself.

Geo_1875
15-06-2017, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=mjhibby;5071259]The window is open for a long time. I'm not bothered about the league cup ties as long as the players are in a couple of weeks before the first league game.

Really?
I'm bothered about league cup. Getting to Hampden is something we all want is it not?
Getting players in a couple of weeks before season starts means they will miss pre-season. It's vitally important that they are in and fit before season starts.

I seriously doubt they are sitting at home eating pies and watching Sky Sports News. If they aren't training over the summer do we want them?

Thecat23
15-06-2017, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=munchar;5071275]

I seriously doubt they are sitting at home eating pies and watching Sky Sports News. If they aren't training over the summer do we want them?

They can keep fit all they want over the summer, but getting a proper pre season in is completely different. I think any targets we get are in quickly to allow the boys to get an understanding of each other's game. That way it's much easier to click so to speak when the season started

J-C
15-06-2017, 10:58 AM

There is always that scenario, the fact he's been down means he's looking to move on.

JDHibs
15-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Very few players nowadays dont go mental after the season finished due to how they are expected to preform in preseason.

Was at the kit launch last night and Stevenson, McGinn, Hanlon and Swanson all looked in decent shape. These players are professionals, they will want to keep trim all year round. Just makes pre season harder if they dont. Video doing the rounds online of Scott Sinclair in the gym whilst in Ibiza.

My mate plays professional in Czech and trains all year round.

Greenworld
15-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Is that what youve heard?
No mate just noticed on a mcgregor interview he mentioned if? JC goes and with the time it's taking I'm wondering and hoping

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Very few players nowadays dont go mental after the season finished due to how they are expected to preform in preseason.

Was at the kit launch last night and Stevenson, McGinn, Hanlon and Swanson all looked in decent shape. These players are professionals, they will want to keep trim all year round. Just makes pre season harder if they dont. Video doing the rounds online of Scott Sinclair in the gym whilst in Ibiza.

My mate plays professional in Czech and trains all year round.

Harry Forrester on the other hand

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCRoXNDW0AAW1vq.jpg

Pretty Boy
15-06-2017, 11:16 AM
There WILL be signings in place.

No one at Hibs is going to be complacent, we are looking to build a very good team here.

maturehibby
15-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Heard that Simon Murray is so keen to hit the ground running at Hibs has been working with a Personal Trainer .
Good for him doing this as to me it shows the Professional attitude from the boy and i think we have signed a "Good Yin"

Deansy
15-06-2017, 11:25 AM

THAT would be ideal - c'mon God, make it happen ??

Forza Fred
15-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Lennon knows what players he wants, and who is available and for how much.

Previous seasons we were left with the dross of last minute signings...this won't be the case this season, although to be honest I don't expect any WOW signings, more like competent professionals.

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 11:35 AM
JC transfer has not caught Hibs offguard. I wouldn't say major signings (Boyce/Moult for example) but there are targets identified. It takes a while to get a player in as sometimes there is a chain with other clubs finding their replacements. Hibs will be looking to replace JC 20+ goals a season with two 10 goals a season strikers. Much cheaper. Add in Swanson (and hopefully Mcginn) and that covers what our front men did last year. Relying on 1 player for goals is dangerous...loss of form/injury...and we would be bang in trouble. Better off with 4 players being able to score 10 each than 1 player scoring 20+ and the rest on single figures. Could get away with it in the championship but not the premiership. I have no doubts that although JC and his goals are away...that this season we will have more firepower from the whole team! NL and LD will do the business...im sure of that!

I don't agree at all. Having a 20+ a season goalscorer is much, much more valuable than having 10 goals from 3-4 players. The 20+ player only takes one spot in the team up. If we'd had 2 mediocre strikers with tallies of 10 last season then we would've really struggled.

We need to add goals from midfield and the 2nd forward position, however these should compliment a 20+ goal striker, and not replace him.

calumhibee1
15-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I don't agree at all. Having a 20+ a season goalscorer is much, much more valuable than having 10 goals from 3-4 players. The 20+ player only takes one spot in the team up. If we'd had 2 mediocre strikers with tallies of 10 last season then we would've really struggled.

We need to add goals from midfield and the 2nd forward position, however these should compliment a 20+ goal striker, and not replace him.

Agreed. Jason Cummings has been our most important player for the last 3 seasons because of his goals.

Andy74
15-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Don't get that. You want the most goals overall that you can get.

It would be great if the others could score and your main guy still gets 20 or more, however, quite often that type of striker means either he scores or no one does.

Give me more goals shared around any time. You are saying you would prefer 20 goals to 40 goals?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 11:42 AM

I see what you're saying...a 20+ goalscorer would be ideal! We just cant afford them ie Moult/Boyce. We had a gem in JC. He has gone for just over £1mil...that means to replace him like for like...we need to spend £1mil...we wont as we dont have the budget. The next best option is to get several players scoring 10+ a season. I agree with you that a 20+ a season and back up of 10+ is exactly what we need and what we all want! The reality is that we simply dont have the budget for that

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Don't get that. You want the most goals overall that you can get.

It would be great if the others could score and your main guy still gets 20 or more, however, quite often that type of striker means either he scores or no one does.

Give me more goals shared around any time. You are saying you would prefer 20 goals to 40 goals?

No, I'm not saying that. My post was mainly targeted at his assertion that we'll be replacing JC with 2 '10 goal a season strikers'. I'm sure you can understand why having 2 people do the job that a single player did the season before is not a step in the right direction.

Like I said, we shouldn't be getting in goal-scoring midfielders at the expense of a prolific striker, but to supplement one. If we don't replace JC with a proper goalscorer then we are going to really struggle, regardless of how strong the spine of our team is. You never get the 'full package' in a player on an SPL team, so if a midfielder is a goalscorer, then it's likely at the expense of other qualities. In my opinion, it's inherently better to have goals condensed to less players leaving the others to add different qualities to the team.

It shouldn't be a case of "he scores or no-one does". We should've scored a lot more last season even with JC scoring 20+.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I see what you're saying...a 20+ goalscorer would be ideal! We just cant afford them ie Moult/Boyce. We had a gem in JC. He has gone for just over £1mil...that means to replace him like for like...we need to spend £1mil...we wont as we dont have the budget. The next best option is to get several players scoring 10+ a season. I agree with you that a 20+ a season and back up of 10+ is exactly what we need and what we all want! The reality is that we simply dont have the budget for that

How do you know we cannot afford those players!! You posted the same yesterday!!

It's about quality not quantity and if NL sees fit to bring 2 quality players rather than 4 of not so good a quality then I trust his judgement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 11:57 AM
No, I'm not saying that. My post was mainly targeted at his assertion that we'll be replacing JC with 2 '10 goal a season strikers'. I'm sure you can understand why having 2 people do the job that a single player did the season before is not a step in the right direction.

Like I said, we shouldn't be getting in goal-scoring midfielders at the expense of a prolific striker, but to supplement one. If we don't replace JC with a proper goalscorer then we are going to really struggle, regardless of how strong the spine of our team is.

It shouldn't be a case of "he scores or no-one does". We should've scored a lot more last season even with JC scoring 20+.
Last season Holt Keatings Graham scored 14 goals between them. JC got 19. Thats 33 league goals from 4 forwards. 3 forwards on 10+ makes exactly the same. Boyle, Swanson and hopefully Mcginn will add from midfield. I totally agree having a 20+ goalscorer would be brilliant...we just dont have the budget for that.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 12:11 PM
How do you know we cannot afford those players!! You posted the same yesterday!!

It's about quality not quantity and if NL sees fit to bring 2 quality players rather than 4 of not so good a quality then I trust his judgement!

When was the last time we sold a player for 7 figures and went out and bought a direct replacement for the same or anywhere near?
Did we replace Scott Brown with a 4.4mil player? No.
Did we replace Kevin Thomson with a 2mil player? No.
Did we replace Steven Fletcher with a 2.5mil player? No.
The list goes on.....
Why? Because we dont have the budget. I have no doubt that if NL needed 200k for a player he would get it but no direct replacements for the same cash. The reality is we do not have the budget. I guarantee you come the end of the transfer window we will not have spent 500k on 1 single player.
Im not having a go at Hibs or nor am i being negative...its just the reality! I am so pleased with our club and who we have there...best its been in years! Whoever we bring in i will be delighted as i trust NL/LD to get the best they can within budget!

mmmmhibby
15-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Steven Whittaker, Charlie Mulgrew, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Mackay-Steven and Rocky Marciano.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 12:15 PM
It's not about spending the fee on one player it's investing it in quality rather than quality. Still think we can afford it though!

I think you have missed my point... you said we cannot afford/budget to spend 500k on a player... I disagree!

With a rise is attendances, ST money and transfer money we could afford it.

This is my point!

flash
15-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Steven Whittaker, Charlie Mulgrew, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Mackay-Steven and Rocky Marciano.

So you keep saying.

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 12:28 PM

Meanwhile back in the real world.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2017, 12:37 PM
The transfer window doesn't close until August 31.

That's 11 long weeks.

Better invest in plenty Tena if you're this anxious already! :wink:

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 12:41 PM
The transfer window doesn't close until August 31.

That's 11 long weeks.

Better invest in plenty Tena if you're this anxious already! :wink:

The way people go on on here, you'd think our transfer budget was a Tena.

KeithTheHibby
15-06-2017, 12:52 PM

I don't get your logic.

What if that 20 goals a season player gets injured? Or is off form?

Look what happened last season. JC scored over 20 goals, the rest next to nothing.

Surely it is better to spread the goals around meaning if 1 is having a mare then the others can compensate.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 12:52 PM
It's not about spending the fee on one player it's investing it in quality rather than quality. Still think we can afford it though!

I think you have missed my point... you said we cannot afford/budget to spend 500k on a player... I disagree!

With a rise is attendances, ST money and transfer money we could afford it.

This is my point!

I agree...invest in quality. But that quality will cost us nearer 200k than 500k. We will see who is right come 31st August. It will be me but i genuinely hope its you!

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't get your logic.

What if that 20 goals a season player gets injured? Or is off form?

Look what happened last season. JC scored over 20 goals, the rest next to nothing.

Surely it is better to spread the goals around meaning if 1 is having a mare then the others can compensate.
This is exactly what i mean! Its a team effort not a 1 man show. JC was a great goalscorer and will be sorely missed. We dont have the budget for a like for like so spreading the goals is the next best!

Aldo
15-06-2017, 01:31 PM
I agree...invest in quality. But that quality will cost us nearer 200k than 500k. We will see who is right come 31st August. It will be me but i genuinely hope its you!

It's not about being right... again you fail to read my post... my point is that we could afford/budget for that type of transfer i.e. 500k. I didn't say we would spend that!!

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 01:34 PM
It's not about being right... again you fail to read my post... my point is that we could afford/budget for that type of transfer i.e. 500k. I didn't say we would spend that!!

Well thats like saying we could afford/budget 5 million though! Realistically we can only afford 200k. So we cant budget/afford 500k at all. Any number above 200k (250k max) we cant afford or budget for

Aldo
15-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Well thats like saying we could afford/budget 5 million though! Realistically we can only afford 200k. So we cant budget/afford 500k at all. Any number above 200k (250k max) we cant afford or budget for

You are at it and trolling big time IMHO!!

J-C
15-06-2017, 01:48 PM
This is exactly what i mean! Its a team effort not a 1 man show. JC was a great goalscorer and will be sorely missed. We dont have the budget for a like for like so spreading the goals is the next best!

I don't see your logic :confused:

Moult and Boyce are both the type of striker that Cummings was, we're getting around £1m, spend half of that on either and we could easily afford £3k per week they'd want, don't see how we can't budget for that.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 02:02 PM

What makes you think that?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:20 PM
You are at it and trolling big time IMHO!!

Im not at it...and im not trolling. Hibs will not pay more than 250k max for a player. Not because they dont want to, its because they dont have the finances. End of

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't see your logic :confused:

Moult and Boyce are both the type of striker that Cummings was, we're getting around £1m, spend half of that on either and we could easily afford £3k per week they'd want, don't see how we can't budget for that.
We cant spend 500k on either of them as 500k is too expensive for us.
I totally that Boyce/Moult are exactly what we need...but we wont get either as they arw ou of our price range

Aldo
15-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Im not at it...and im not trolling. Hibs will not pay more than 250k max for a player. Not because they dont want to, its because they dont have the finances. End of

Your post do however state otherwise! And the last sentence proves I am not far off the mark!! I would suggest that the Yams are the Ines that don't have the finances and that is also FACT!

You are not willing to look at the FACT and will continue with your insistence that you are correct!

The fact is the increased attendances, Record ST sales and transfer funds. Unlike our poorer cousins along at the PBS we have lived well within our means and are now benefitting from this!

With all that in mind I now suggest you give up the ghost or try Brokeback and discuss finances over there!!

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:27 PM
What makes you think that?
We have not spent 500k plus on a player since De la cruz. We are not financially in a position to spend that kind of money...if we were...we would. We havn't so we are in no position to. Why sell JC for £1million if we didnt have to? We cant turn down that kind of money so how on earth can we spend that kind of money?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:29 PM
What is the FACT? That we have loads of money?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Your post do however state otherwise! And the last sentence proves I am not far off the mark!! I would suggest that the Yams are the Ines that don't have the finances and that is also FACT!

You are not willing to look at the FACT and will continue with your insistence that you are correct!

The fact is the increased attendances, Record ST sales and transfer funds. Unlike our poorer cousins along at the PBS we have lived well within our means and are now benefitting from this!

With all that in mind I now suggest you give up the ghost or try Brokeback and discuss finances over there!!

I will guarantee you Boyce/Moult etc will not sign as we cant afford them. Simple as that.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 04:32 PM
We have not spent 500k plus on a player since De la cruz. We are not financially in a position to spend that kind of money...if we were...we would. We havn't so we are in no position to. Why sell JC for £1million if we didnt have to? We cant turn down that kind of money so how on earth can we spend that kind of money?

You're making a few assumptions there.

1. you're saying "Why sell JC for £1million if we didnt have to?". Given the talk about the so-called "release clause", is that actually the case?

2. you're saying "we can't turn down that kind of money". What's your evidence for that? Again, by rumour admittedly, we turned down more than that a year ago.

3. that we're not able to spend the majority of the JC money. What makes you think that?

Aldo
15-06-2017, 04:34 PM
What is the FACT? That we have loads of money?

FACT is

We have increased attendances = increased revenue.

We have record season ticket sales = increased revenue.

We have assets we can sell = increased revenue

So we have a bigger budget then we have had for years!

So we have an increased revenue and I believe that that revenue would allow us to spend it on quality!!

I also know this FACT...... you are so it

LTYF

Michael
15-06-2017, 04:38 PM

We would turn it down if JC wanted to stay.

BTW I'm pretty sure Stokes was over 500k.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:43 PM
FACT is

We have increased attendances = increased revenue.

We have record season ticket sales = increased revenue.

We have assets we can sell = increased revenue

So we have a bigger budget then we have had for years!

So we have an increased revenue and I believe that that revenue would allow us to spend it on quality!!

I also know this FACT...... you are so it

LTYF

So if we have this bigger budget and we dont spend it...what reason will you give because we havnt?

Aldo
15-06-2017, 04:47 PM
So if we have this bigger budget and we dont spend it...what reason will you give because we havnt?

What are you in about?? You make no sense!

Does there have to be a reason! How will anyone know what is spent!

You really don't get it do you??

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 04:49 PM

There are many reasons why a business doesn't spend its budget. Sometimes, it's not necessary to do so. Sometimes, it's not possible to do so.

I'd rather Hibs underspent, and achieved success on the park, than overspent and failed.

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 04:49 PM

The main reason is because our transfer budget is potentiality bigger (relatively) than our wage budget. We can afford to pay a decently higher transfer fee (by SPL standards) however we aren't really in the position to meet the wage demands of a 500k-1m pound player.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:51 PM
You're making a few assumptions there.

1. you're saying "Why sell JC for £1million if we didnt have to?". Given the talk about the so-called "release clause", is that actually the case?

2. you're saying "we can't turn down that kind of money". What's your evidence for that? Again, by rumour admittedly, we turned down more than that a year ago.

3. that we're not able to spend the majority of the JC money. What makes you think that?
If there is a release clause then Hibs will have agreed to that and decided £1million was too good to say no to. If they thought £1million wasnt too good to turn down then a release clause would've been set higher. No?
They wont spend the money on like for like because Hibs cant afford it. There is a reason Hibs sold JC for £1million. It suited all parties. Hibs need to make money out of the deal so cant spend it all

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 04:53 PM
If there is a release clause then Hibs will have agreed to that and decided £1million was too good to say no to. If they thought £1million wasnt too good to turn down then a release clause would've been set higher. No?
They wont spend the money on like for like because Hibs cant afford it. There is a reason Hibs sold JC for £1million. It suited all parties. Hibs need to make money out of the deal so cant spend it all

Again, why not? You said earlier that we can't spend any more than £250k of the JC fee. Why would we need to retain £750k?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 04:56 PM
The main reason is because our transfer budget is potentiality bigger (relatively) than our wage budget. We can afford to pay a decently higher transfer fee (by SPL standards) however we aren't really in the position to meet the wage demands of a 500k-1m pound player.

Our wage bill is far far higher than our transfer budget. This is the point. We cant afford a 500k player as we cant afford the wages. The whole deal is unsustainable

jeffers
15-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Or possibly the only way Jason Cummings agreed to sign his last contract was if we agreed to a release clause of £1m.

And why wouldn't we spend all the money we receive for his transfer ? What do you think we are going to do with the money ?

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:00 PM
I do get it...you dont! You think we are going to spend 500k on 1 player...we arnt. This will not happen. Its not difficult to get so i dont know why you arnt understanding?
There must be a reason if we have a huge budget like you say and we dont spend it on 500k players? You cant give me one though.
I'll tell you now...500k will not be spent on a single player.
We dont have a huge budget so we cant spend it. Simple.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Again, why not? You said earlier that we can't spend any more than £250k of the JC fee. Why would we need to retain £750k?

Exactly my point CWG!

Our wage bill is far far higher than our transfer budget. This is the point. We cant afford a 500k player as we cant afford the wages. The whole deal is unsustainable

What's our wage bill got to do with the transfer budget?

Why could we not afford the wages??

Unsustainable?? Why??

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:04 PM
There are many reasons why a business doesn't spend its budget. Sometimes, it's not necessary to do so. Sometimes, it's not possible to do so.

I'd rather Hibs underspent, and achieved success on the park, than overspent and failed.
I see where you are coming from. I have budget i dont always spend. When i need to...i do. The point im making is that if we had a big budget...in the football world we would spend it. We dont have the budget so we wont stretch ourselves and leave ourselves in schtook

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:05 PM
For other players...wages...debt...agents fees...day to day running

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Or possibly the only way Jason Cummings agreed to sign his last contract was if we agreed to a release clause of £1m.

And why wouldn't we spend all the money we receive for his transfer ? What do you think we are going to do with the money ?
Do you honestly think we will spend £1million on transfers this summer?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Exactly my point CWG!

Unsustainable?? Why??

Glad it's not just me I'm lost too. Fwiw I don't expect us to pay £500,000 for one player but equally I don't see how our finances wouldn't allow us to if we wanted. It might mean we have to sign one less player in doing so.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Exactly my point CWG!

Unsustainable?? Why??

How much do you think we spend on the entire squads wages? Including management and full infrastructure (every employee)? Just at a guess?

Aldo
15-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Glad it's not just me I'm lost too. Fwiw I don't expect us to pay £500,000 for one player but equally I don't see how our finances wouldn't allow us to if we wanted. It might mean we have to sign one less player in doing so.

I thought it was just me! [emoji848]

Agreed! My post from early sees our finances pretty healthy and as you've mention we are in a very good position to spend on some quality player or players should the time arise!

Great being a Hibby at the moment!!

jacomo
15-06-2017, 05:12 PM
🙏⚽️🇳🇬

Why did he try to engineer a move to Sevco then?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 05:13 PM

Do I think we will spend £1 million in transfer fees ? No is the answer to that and if that is the point you have been trying to make we are in agreement. But as I posted above if we wanted to sign one player for £500,000 I think we could do so. I don't think we will because I think it will be viewed as too much of a gamble paying that much for one player.

However I do believe the tranfer money received for Cummings will be reinvested in the playing side.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:15 PM
He didnt amd never has

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Do I think we will spend £1 million in transfer fees ? No is the answer to that and if that is the point you have been trying to make we are in agreement. But as I posted above if we wanted to sign one player for £500,000 I think we could do so. I don't think we will because I think it will be viewed as too much of a gamble paying that much for one player.

However I do believe the tranfer money received for Cummings will be reinvested in the playing side.
Ok...slight middle ground for us there! Phew! 500k is too much for us for one player

Aldo
15-06-2017, 05:17 PM
How much do you think we spend on the entire squads wages? Including management and full infrastructure (every employee)? Just at a guess?

A question that I have no answer for but I do know that the day to running costs are budgeted for as is the money owed to STF!!

I wouldn't even hazard a guess! Now I will wait for you to dazzle me with your financial whizz and you'll provide me with the exact transfer budget from the remained of the working cost!!

Iggy Pope
15-06-2017, 05:18 PM

Yes.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Yes.
Id love it if we did!

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:21 PM
A question that I have no answer for but I do know that the day to running costs are budgeted for as is the money owed to STF!!

I wouldn't even hazard a guess! Now I will wait for you to dazzle me with your financial whizz and you'll provide me with the exact transfer budget from the remained of the working cost!!

Well thats what iv asked you? You have no idea so you dont know how much of JC transfer will be used on non signing budgets?
We could go round in circles. Lets agree to disagree.
I believe Hibs dont have the budget to spend 500k. You do! I hope you are right!

easty
15-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Yes.

No chance

CropleyWasGod
For other players...wages...debt...agents fees...day to day running

We already cope with all of those costs out of our current income. We've done it quite successfully over the last 24 months and more without the need of an overdraft.

Now that our income is increasing, what has changed to necessitate the retention of £750k of transfer income?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
:top marksthats it in a nutshell! we might buy 4 or 5 players or,, 500k for 1 player and 1 more at 150k[:agree:well within our finances:thumbsup:QUOTE=jeffers;5071807]Glad it's not just me I'm lost too. Fwiw I don't expect us to pay £500,000 for one player but equally I don't see how our finances wouldn't allow us to if we wanted. It might mean we have to sign one less player in doing so.[/QUOTE]

Aldo
Well thats what iv asked you? You have no idea so you dont know how much of JC transfer will be used on non signing budgets?
We could go round in circles. Lets agree to disagree.
I believe Hibs dont have the budget to spend 500k. You do! I hope you are right!

Whatever!!

snooky
15-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Hard to say really. If only the fans would start buying STs ..... :rolleyes:

Flyingwaitor
Well time will tell if we have it to spend...shall we continue this on 1st september?lol

cmcd

As far as I know JC hasn't been sold yet

Platinum Scotty
15-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Well time will tell if we have it to spend...shall we continue this on 1st september?lol

You seem hell bent on trying to create something out of this - agree it's a forum and all fans can chip in but you seem to be going out of your way to play down the team and it's finances as if to make some other team in the town seem not so bad

sambajustice
What a completely piss thread this has turned into!

Tobias Funke
There is an extreme reek of jobbies in this thread.

Iggy Pope
Id love it if we did!

Exclamation marks are an unnecessary reminder of a pants pisser.

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2017, 05:30 PM
When was the last time we sold a player for 7 figures and went out and bought a direct replacement for the same or anywhere near?
Did we replace Scott Brown with a 4.4mil player? No.
Did we replace Kevin Thomson with a 2mil player? No.
Did we replace Steven Fletcher with a 2.5mil player? No.
The list goes on.....
Why? Because we dont have the budget. I have no doubt that if NL needed 200k for a player he would get it but no direct replacements for the same cash. The reality is we do not have the budget. I guarantee you come the end of the transfer window we will not have spent 500k on 1 single player.
Im not having a go at Hibs or nor am i being negative...its just the reality! I am so pleased with our club and who we have there...best its been in years! Whoever we bring in i will be delighted as i trust NL/LD to get the best they can within budget!

This is spot on. The transfer fee is almost an irrelevance now. It's about how much we're able/prepared to spend on player salaries.

This is why Hearts will struggle and be devastated as a club by being forced to live within their means.

scoopyboy
15-06-2017, 05:32 PM
We already cope with all of those costs out of our current income. We've done it quite successfully over the last 24 months and more without the need of an overdraft.

Now that our income is increasing, what has changed to necessitate the retention of £750k of transfer income?

I don't think we will retain it CWG but equally I can't see us spending it all to other clubs in transfer fees.

The odd fee perhaps but I think it is more likely to be spent on salaries being increased.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't think we will retain it CWG but equally I can't see us spending it all to other clubs in transfer fees.

The odd fee perhaps but I think it is more likely to be spent on salaries being increased.
I would hope that salary increases will.be met by the increased income. But i take your point.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 05:43 PM

I wouldnt think we'd pay 500k for a player either, as the wages that player would command would be a lot more than we'd be prepared to pay in my opinion.

I might be wrong, but what type of wages could a 500k player want?

silverhibee
15-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Had a look at what ?

Greenworld
15-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Had a look at what ?
The birds?
The area the club the people the manager a long way from mummy and daddy

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 05:56 PM
This is spot on. The transfer fee is almost an irrelevance now. It's about how much we're able/prepared to spend on player salaries.

This is why Hearts will struggle and be devastated as a club by being forced to live within their means.
Correct...live within our means. The yams blew the budget and where did it get them?

silverhibee
15-06-2017, 06:00 PM

Are we including staff who sell chips at the food kiosks.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 06:02 PM
You seem hell bent on trying to create something out of this - agree it's a forum and all fans can chip in but you seem to be going out of your way to play down the team and it's finances as if to make some other team in the town seem not so bad
I love Hibs...always will! I am so happy with the way the club is going and the way we are being run. I trust NL/LD to make the right signings. The feelgood factor is immense and im a very happy hibee!

CropleyWasGod

We don't need to guess. That's in the accounts.

Jag7
What a completely piss thread this has turned into!

Agree a lot of hot air with numerous assumptions .. nobody knows what Hibs will pay ... all total speculation !!

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 06:03 PM
No as thats an outside company and Hibs wont pay their individual salaries direct

jeffers
I wouldnt think we'd pay 500k for a player either, as the wages that player would command would be a lot more than we'd be prepared to pay in my opinion.

I might be wrong, but what type of wages could a 500k player want?

I honestly don't know bh. Would they accept £5000-£6000 per week ? I suppose it depends on what they were on before they signed if they viewed that as a decent salary. Again I think we could possibly pay that, but it runs the risk of causing friction with players already there and it would probably mean we could sign less players as a result.

I think we are more likely to use the Cummings money on paying wages to sign players who are out of contract.

scoopyboy
I would hope that salary increases will.be met by the increased income. But i take your point.

A poor scientist is always going to find it difficult to win a financial argument with yourself CWG and I probably didn't word it very well.

I was meaning rather than shelling out transfer fees to other clubs I would try and get players who were out of contract (or pay ~£200,000) and raise the salaries of current players signing new deals and newcomers to the club.

I wouldn't want to bust the wage structure on one or two players as this has lead to animosity within dressing rooms in the past.

I wasn't meaning in any way or form to stash the cash.

silverhibee
15-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Is that a Friday night, if so can't post as I'm meeting a work colleague and it's a 60 mile drive to where I'm going.

Hi Heid Yin
15-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Like the majority of Hibbies I have no idea what Hibs can afford to lay out on a player. You appear to have insider knowledge. Can you confirm that the 250k you stress has been divulged to you by someone high up at Easter Road?
This will help your case. Cheers

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 06:07 PM
A poor scientist is always going to find it difficult to win a financial argument with yourself CWG and I probably didn't word it very well.

I was meaning rather than shelling out transfer fees to other clubs I would try and get players who were out of contract (or pay ~£200,000) and raise the salaries of current players signing new deals and newcomers to the club.

I wouldn't want to bust the wage structure on one or two players as this has lead to animosity within dressing rooms in the past.

I wasn't meaning in any way or form to stash the cash.
Yep that's a fair shout.

That's decent planning, and a lot more sensible and positive than the argument put forward that we need to pay STF half of what we get for JC. It's that kind of thinking that has my knitting ripped. 😝

silverhibee
15-06-2017, 06:07 PM

The cash cow will sort them out for a few sheckles.

jacomo
15-06-2017, 06:38 PM
He didnt amd never has

Sorry, what?

Football is all about opinions but let's accept the facts eh?

Scott Allan asked to leave Hibs for Rangers on 28 July 2015.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33695005

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:11 PM
I honestly don't know bh. Would they accept £5000-£6000 per week ? I suppose it depends on what they were on before they signed if they viewed that as a decent salary. Again I think we could possibly pay that, but it runs the risk of causing friction with players already there and it would probably mean we could sign less players as a result.

I think we are more likely to use the Cummings money on paying wages to sign players who are out of contract.

I dont know either, although its a fair guess it would be those figures you quoted or even more.

In my opinion i think we'd not pay that on one player or even more, and we'd rather up the wage structure a little by paying players the type of money Aberdeen have been paying, and spreading it over a few out of contract players?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-06-2017, 07:15 PM

I'm glad you asked the question about how much we spend on infrastructure.

The answer is a heck of a lot less than if we hadn't invested some of the dosh from the players sold like Brown, KT, Whitty, Fletch, Murphy, Ivan yes the list did go on. We didn't replace like for like.

We took a hit as a consequence however if you go toe-to-toe spending-wise with lunatics like Vlad or numpties like SDM you end up like lemmings going over the cliff with or before them!

So McCann and The Tache charted a different path. Who was right long term?

mjhibby
15-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Loads of people purporting to be in the know. To get an idea of what we are likely to spend just look at the accounts for the last few years. Simple. No Scottish club outside the gruesome twosome pay transfer fees and I'm sure Mcinnes has spent only £250,000 in fees to get the dons second place. Hibs are not going to pay a fee unless it's for a youngster with potential like we did with mcginn. There is just not enough money in Scottish football with the pathetic TV deal we have. So many nonsense posts in the last few days you can tell it's the close season and fans want a fix of some rumours. I'll believe anybody has signed/ left the club if and when we either see them in a hibs strip or of the club they are going to. Scott Allan would have been a waste of a wage as his heart is not in it anymore. Whittaker would be a cracking signing with his versatility a huge asset,obviously rocky is a no brainer. I'm sure forwards will be signed in plenty of time. Panicking on the 15 th June is surely ridiculous. If none were signed in 3 weeks time then I'd be concerned but at this moment. Really. Every club is gradually signing players. We know the positions we need covered. Keeper,another winger and at least two strikers proven at spl level. Let's let those who are in control of transfers at er get on with getting players in. By all means let's have loads of rumours but panic. Negativo.

J-C
15-06-2017, 07:17 PM
How much do we reckon Boyce is on at Ross C, around £1k, surely we can offer half again or even double that, even if we offer £500k his wages shouldn't be out our limits, same goes for Moult.

I'm not saying we'll pay that, just we could.

mjhibby
15-06-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm sure wages will not be a problem in Scottish terms but we can't compete with English championship sides. I'm sure Boyce and moults agents know what they can get and will wait as long as poss to get the player and agent the best deal.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:20 PM
How much do we reckon Boyce is on at Ross C, around £1k, surely we can offer half again or even double that, even if we offer £500k his wages shouldn't be out our limits, same goes for Moult.

Why would someone who can command a 500k transfer fee accept 2k a week?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 07:21 PM
I dont know either, although its a fair guess it would be those figures you quoted or even more.

In my opinion i think we'd not pay that on one player or even more, and we'd rather up the wage structure a little by paying players the type of money Aberdeen have been paying, and spreading it over a few out of contract players?

Yes I agree with that too big a risk of disharmony amongst the other players if you pay one much more than the others. Saying that I'm imagine Ronaldo and Messi earn more than their team mates ! Extreme example I know :greengrin

The trouble is replacing Cummings goals will be difficult. The last time I remember us selling a good striker and paying a big fee to sign a better replacement was when we sold Paul Wright and brought in Keith Wright. It's a big challenge for NL to get it right.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Yes I agree with that too big a risk of disharmony amongst the other players if you pay one much more than the others. Saying that I'm imagine Ronaldo and Messi earn more than their team mates ! Extreme example I know :greengrin

The trouble is replacing Cummings goals will be difficult. The last time I remember us selling a good striker and paying a big fee to sign a better replacement was when we sold Paul Wright and brought in Keith Wright. It's a big challenge for NL to get it right.

Aye he has a job on his hands, although i'm sure in the summer there will now be players available that every team bar Celtic and sevco would want, but only us and the dons could afford.

Interesting times. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-06-2017, 07:28 PM

Or Marciano or Holt or Graham or Laidlaw or Shinnie.

J-C
15-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Why would someone who can command a 500k transfer fee accept 2k a week?

My post is hypothetical G, we have the finances in place. Everyone going on about wanting Stokes, how much per week do you reckon he'll cost if he's on 5 figures down south, I can't see Moult or Boyce wanting the same as Stokes. There's talk of Stewart coming back up from England, also Whittaker, these guys are gonna be at the top of the earning tree at Hibs if they come.

So we could pay a decent fee and wage but miss out on signing others due to paying higher fees.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Aye he has a job on his hands, although i'm sure in the summer there will now be players available that every team bar Celtic and sevco would want, but only us and the dons could afford.

Interesting times. :greengrin

Definitely. After years of disappointment it's a good time to be a Hibby !

Sir David Gray
15-06-2017, 07:29 PM

All is well

Did we offer Holt a contract?

My memory says that we didn't but I might be wrong.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:31 PM
My post is hypothetical G, we have the finances in place. Everyone going on about wanting Stokes, how much per week do you reckon he'll cost if he's on 5 figures down south, I can't see Moult or Boyce wanting the same as Stokes. There's talk of Stewart coming back up from England, also Whittaker, these guys are gonna be at the top of the earning tree at Hibs if they come.

So we could pay a decent fee and wage but miss out on signing others due to paying higher fees.

Stokes is completely different, there would be no transfer fee involved and Stokes would be negotiating a big pay off.

Moult and Boyce would command transfer fee's as well as a bigger than normal wage that we have paid in the past.

Cant see us doing both.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Definitely. After years of disappointment it's a good time to be a Hibby !

SHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSHHH :greengrin

jacomo
15-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Did we offer Holt a contract?

My memory says that we didn't but I might be wrong.

It was rumoured that all first team players who were out of contract were offered a new deal. I think Lenny confirmed this but not sure.

Holt said he and Lenny talked about plans for next season. I think we can guess that he was offered reduced terms and he turned it down.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2017, 07:58 PM
No as thats an outside company and Hibs wont pay their individual salaries direct

That's not the case. We do our catering in-house, and employ the staff.

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm glad you asked the question about how much we spend on infrastructure.

The answer is a heck of a lot less than if we hadn't invested some of the dosh from the players sold like Brown, KT, Whitty, Fletch, Murphy, Ivan yes the list did go on. We didn't replace like for like.

We took a hit as a consequence however if you go toe-to-toe spending-wise with lunatics like Vlad or numpties like SDM you end up like lemmings going over the cliff with or before them!

So McCann and The Tache charted a different path. Who was right long term?
Agreed, thats exactly my point! We sell on players for big bucks and invest the money wisely. We live within our means

IanM
15-06-2017, 08:05 PM
The pervert in me wants Kyle lafferty

GordonHFC
15-06-2017, 08:15 PM
The pervert in me wants Kyle lafferty

Literally ?

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:16 PM
What makes you think 1k?

Just a guess going by what we generally pay, I wouldn't think anyone at Hibs is on more than £2-2.5k pw and that's the top earners, as I said in another post all hypothetical, plus I can't see Ross C paying more than us.

livi hibs 1875
15-06-2017, 08:17 PM

He he he like that

IanM
15-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Literally ?

Something you shouldn't like but gives you a buzz..

munchar
15-06-2017, 09:17 PM

He tried to engineer a move away. Do you honestly think he thought we would sell him to our biggest rivals at the time? He drummed up
Interest, and we done very well out of it. I'm just glad he never signed for them, because he would be a match winner against us.

jdships
15-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Like the majority of Hibbies I have no idea what Hibs can afford to lay out on a player. You appear to have insider knowledge. Can you confirm that the 250k you stress has been divulged to you by someone high up at Easter Road?

:agree::thumbsup::top marks

cmcd
15-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Loads of people purporting to be in the know. To get an idea of what we are likely to spend just look at the accounts for the last few years. Simple. No Scottish club outside the gruesome twosome pay transfer fees and I'm sure Mcinnes has spent only £250,000 in fees to get the dons second place. Hibs are not going to pay a fee unless it's for a youngster with potential like we did with mcginn. There is just not enough money in Scottish football with the pathetic TV deal we have. So many nonsense posts in the last few days you can tell it's the close season and fans want a fix of some rumours. I'll believe anybody has signed/ left the club if and when we either see them in a hibs strip or of the club they are going to. Scott Allan would have been a waste of a wage as his heart is not in it anymore. Whittaker would be a cracking signing with his versatility a huge asset,obviously rocky is a no brainer. I'm sure forwards will be signed in plenty of time. Panicking on the 15 th June is surely ridiculous. If none were signed in 3 weeks time then I'd be concerned but at this moment. Really. Every club is gradually signing players. We know the positions we need covered. Keeper,another winger and at least two strikers proven at spl level. Let's let those who are in control of transfers at er get on with getting players in. By all means let's have loads of rumours but panic. Negativo.
Great post

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Our budget...as widely reported...is similar to aberdeen and the yams. As far as insider knowledge goes all i can say to you is come the 1st of september we will not have spent £500k on an individual transfer fee. Money will be spent though. We also will not have a 20+ striker (unless they exceed expectation) the goals will be spread out amongst the team. I will get asked who my source is (and get dug up for not naming) but just wait and see what happens. I dont have a crystal ball but i know.
I realise loads of folk post guff and if anyone thinks i am then that is fine as i would probably think the same. Im quite happy to take the greif and we will all see what the situation is come 1st sept

Flyingwaitor
15-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Totally agree. I trust NL/LD to sign the right players

snooky
15-06-2017, 10:24 PM

:agree: Relax and play the fiddle - just like Nero. Nae probs. :wink:

J-C
16-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Our budget...as widely reported...is similar to aberdeen and the yams. As far as insider knowledge goes all i can say to you is come the 1st of september we will not have spent £500k on an individual transfer fee. Money will be spent though. We also will not have a 20+ striker (unless they exceed expectation) the goals will be spread out amongst the team. I will get asked who my source is (and get dug up for not naming) but just wait and see what happens. I dont have a crystal ball but i know.
I realise loads of folk post guff and if anyone thinks i am then that is fine as i would probably think the same. Im quite happy to take the greif and we will all see what the situation is come 1st sept

You are Neil Lennon and I claim my £10

Captain Trips
16-06-2017, 02:00 AM

Once they sell striker Assombalonga for a massive fee they can then replace him with JC for a pittance in comparison I am sure.

mjhibby
16-06-2017, 07:04 AM

Apologies for being cynical but who we are after and who we get are two different things entirely. I've had good sources at er up until a few years ago. One worked as part of the coaching staff another who still works at er plus a couple of players whose kids went to the same activities as my kids. Most of the stuff on net is pure conjecture with no basis on any real info and when I had my sources I used to laugh my head off at stuff on here that was so wide of the mark. As regards transfer targets only those who are in the main coaching team at er have any idea who we are after and I doubt they go spreading stories to anybody as I'm sure Neil Lennon wouldn't be happy bunny. As Darren mcgregor has shown the players aren't kept in the loop re transfers although they do get an inkling when guys are leaving ie them missing training. I do enjoy reading rumours like the next guy but quotingvexactly what and who we are getting is pointless as it depend on a number of factors and as we seem many times before you end up looking a tad bit silly. Hibs will sign two,possibly three strikers. Who they are I have no idea but I trust Neil to get it right. BTW how long does Jason medical at Notts forest take. Mmmm

mjhibby
16-06-2017, 07:11 AM
BTW whose to say Simon Murray won't score twenty. I would bet he'll get between ten and fifteen.

sleeping giant
16-06-2017, 07:38 AM
BTW whose to say Simon Murray won't score twenty. I would bet he'll get between ten and fifteen.

So you think they are right then ?

CropleyWasGod
16-06-2017, 08:37 AM

But will you accept that we don't have to give STF half of the money we might get for JC?

Hibbyradge
16-06-2017, 08:54 AM
BTW whose to say Simon Murray won't score twenty.

I would bet he'll get between ten and fifteen.

You just did.

The Captain....
16-06-2017, 09:15 AM

That would be a very decent return imo as I'm not convinced that Murray will be a certain starter. My impression is that Lennon sees him as a longer term project and we'll see him used more as an impact sub in most games. That obviously assumes that we'll sign a couple of more experienced 'name' strikers..I think we will...towards the end of the window tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we are hibs
16-06-2017, 10:00 AM

he'll be lucky to get 10 goals because he wont be a regular starter.

bigwheel
16-06-2017, 10:09 AM

If I'm honest, I'd be disappointed to see Murray as a regular starter ..it would signal that we have failed to bring in two additional quality forwards ...that said, if he seizes his early chances and goes on a scoring run - then I'd be delighted !

mjhibby
16-06-2017, 10:14 AM

Not so sure about that. As Darren mcgregor said he's always snapping at the heels of chs and can finish. Certainly not the finished article but is much more mobile than holt or Graham and I can see him creating space for others to run into. All the teams in the bottom six of the spl lost a lot of goals and I can easily see him hitting double figures at least. Hertz lost 52 and well 69 with others in between. That's shows none from 5th down were good defensively where we clearly are. Lennon may well play a cagey game in the spl and can see a few 1-0 and 2-1 wins,

J-C
16-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Not so sure about that, the way Lennon was praising him up in the play offs I think he may see him as a starter, huge amount of pace, gives defenders no peace and can score goals, we've been crying out for someone like that for ages. I can see us going 4-3-3 this season and maybe changing to 3-5-2 against harder teams, squad rotation will be important playing players on form and for certain games, keeping them all happy will be another thing but I assume he's told them that already and the reason Fyvie hasn't signed and Keatings left.

Baker9
16-06-2017, 10:45 AM

:agree: I see on an earlier thread that he has a personal trainer to help get him physically ready. I have a feeling that he may be a real find for us.

Aldo
16-06-2017, 11:33 AM
But will you accept that we don't have to give STF half of the money we might get for JC?

Good luck with that!! Broken record it seems!!

ancient hibee
16-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Not so sure about that. As Darren mcgregor said he's always snapping at the heels of chs and can finish. Certainly not the finished article but is much more mobile than holt or Graham and I can see him creating space for others to run into. All the teams in the bottom six of the spl lost a lot of goals and I can easily see him hitting double figures at least. Hertz lost 52 and well 69 with others in between. That's shows none from 5th down were good defensively where we clearly are. Lennon may well play a cagey game in the spl and can see a few 1-0 and 2-1 wins,
Not so sure that we are clearly good defensively.Against Aberdeen we could not cope with their quick pressing game and their will be plenty teams who noticed that.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2017, 11:50 AM
:agree: I see on an earlier thread that he has a personal trainer to help get him physically ready. I have a feeling that he may be a real find for us.

Delighted to hear that!

It shows real commitment from the lad

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-06-2017, 10:04 AM
You just did.

😂

Spike Mandela
18-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Simon Scored 7 in 22 Premier League games and 10 in 32 Championship games for Dundee Utd.

He seems more of a 1 in 3 guy rather than a 1 in 2 guy. Will be delighted if he gets between 10-15 goals next season.

Aldo
18-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Simon Scored 7 in 22 Premier League games and 10 in 32 Championship games for Dundee Utd.

He seems more of a 1 in 3 guy rather than a 1 in 2 guy. Will be delighted if he gets between 10-15 goals next season.

I'd be happy with him hitting double figures. We didn't score enough goals last year from MF and I'm hoping Lennon has addressed this with the signing of Swanson. I also expect him to hit double figures next season.

Bring in another couple or three strikers that will get 15-20 goals and we will be moving in right direction