PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Unseen work
15-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Heard he is signing for Dundee.

Would be another great signing for Dundee if they were to sign him along with Allan.

dunedinhibs
15-06-2017, 03:20 AM
Heard he is signing for Dundee.

Would be another great signing for Dundee if they were to sign him along with Allan.

That would be an amazing signing for them. Next they will be buying Mcginn off us.

eastcoasthibby
15-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Where are Dundee getting the money from ..must be at least part of Scott Allan wage and now potentially Fyvie ..??

Pretty Boy
15-06-2017, 06:19 AM
Where are Dundee getting the money from ..must be at least part of Scott Allan wage and now potentially Fyvie ..??

Paul Hartley said last year £800 a week was a 'big wage' at Dundee.

No idea if they have had investment since then although Celtic will still be paying the bulk of Allans wage.

CorrieHibs
15-06-2017, 06:31 AM

They have previous for over spending!

eastcoasthibby
15-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Even if they pay 20% ~ about 2k and.fyvie will look for.similar ...I suppose Allan's signing might add a few.to the season tickets or as.has been done.beforw an independent.spinsor.might pick up his wage !!
Either way having.both of.themin their.midfeild makes.that area.of the.team pretty decent !

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2017, 06:36 AM

No idea if they have had investment since then although Celtic will still be paying the bulk of Allans wage.

Did they not sign some players from ICT and at the time Yogi said that they could not come near to matching the wages on offer.

J-C
15-06-2017, 07:48 AM
That would be an amazing signing for them. Next they will be buying Mcginn off us.

Fyvie is out of contract and McGinn has 2 years left. :confused:

WeeRussell
15-06-2017, 07:51 AM

I'm not sure he was bein all that serious.

dunedinhibs
15-06-2017, 07:56 AM
was only kidding bud

Golden Bear
15-06-2017, 08:08 AM
It's a friggin disaster to lose such a talented player as Fyvie, especially when he seems happy to go to a Club like Dundee.

makaveli1875
15-06-2017, 08:13 AM
It's a friggin disaster to lose such a talented player as Fyvie, especially when he seems happy to go to a Club like Dundee.

theres a reason he's happy to go to dundee , obviously nobody better wants him . Although his fan club on here keep insisting he'd walk into any team bar celtic . The reality is he wouldnt get a game at any top 6 sides because he's not that good

greenlex
15-06-2017, 08:14 AM

It is but if the boy wants a guarantee to play every week it's something he must feel he has to do.

keep the faith
15-06-2017, 08:34 AM
This will be interesting as I would have had fyvie and Allan at the centre of our team next season. A missed opportunity IMO.

Of course if they both fail at Dundee then it will show I know nothing (again!)

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:42 AM
was only kidding bud

Fair enough 😁

TBH if Fyvie was such an important player for us, why has Lennon not done more to keep him?

For me he's an average to decent midfielder who on his day can be very good but is very inconsistent with too many off days. I feel Lennon thinks Bartley can do the dirty work against the bigger teams and bring in a more attacking midfielder for the others, also I'm hoping Martin steps up this season and maybe fills that gap.

Brightside
15-06-2017, 08:52 AM

FF wont get much more than that if other teams aren't knocking down the door for him.

Brightside
15-06-2017, 08:54 AM
This will be interesting as I would have had fyvie and Allan at the centre of our team next season. A missed opportunity IMO.

Of course if they both fail at Dundee then it will show I know nothing (again!)

Allan has played about a hour in 2 years. Beyond me why people think we would want him.

easty
15-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Allan has played about a hour in 2 years. Beyond me why people think we would want him.

How many hours had he played in the 2 years previous to signing for us and being our best player by a mile?

makaveli1875
15-06-2017, 08:58 AM
FF wont get much more than that if other teams aren't knocking down the door for him.

The fact that he's available for free and teams arent knocking down the door for him tells its own story IMO

jeffers
15-06-2017, 09:01 AM
How many hours had he played in the 2 years previous to signing for us and being our best player by a mile?

Exactly. Noone who wanted him back knew if he would be the same player for us, but they saw how good a player he was. I don't care if he's an utter dick, I don't care if he loves the Huns, I care that he was our best midfielder by a long way and if he returned to that form would be again.

J-C
15-06-2017, 09:01 AM
The fact that he's available for free and teams arent knocking down the door for him tells its own story IMO

Rumours are he wants guaranteed 1st team football may put off some teams, so if he's playing crap he still wants to get picked, not the best attitude to have.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Rumours are he wants guaranteed 1st team football may put off some teams, so if he's playing crap he still wants to get picked, not the best attitude to have.

You shouldn't believe every rumour you hear.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 09:03 AM

The same, by the looks of things, could be said of Fraser Fyvie. By all accounts Hearts were very keen on Allan, maybe there were others.

J-C
15-06-2017, 09:05 AM
You shouldn't believe every rumour you hear.

Not believing it just trying to figure out why teams aren't fighting for his signature if he was such a top player.

neil7908
15-06-2017, 09:06 AM
He's a good player and if him and Allan can get working well together in midfield they'll be a formidable pairing.

However, a lot of folk on here were talking king about him ending up at Aberdeen, Hearts or Rangers. Given he's a free agent, to end up with a club that narrowly avoided relegation last year is quite telling.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Not believing it just trying to figure out why teams aren't fighting for his signature if he was such a top player.

Who says he doesn't have options? Has he even signed for Dundee yet? Maybe he and his young family don't want to stay to far from Aberdeen?

You are just cherry picking a rumour to back up your negative opinion of the player - a Scottish Cup winning one at that.

KWJ
15-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Hardly. Surely a player just wants to know that the manager sees him as a key player and will generally play a big role providing he's fit and not out of form.

It's about more than money for him at this stage and he knows with Bartley, McGinn, McGeouch, Swanson, Martin, Fraser Murray and any new signings that even if he's at his best he's not certain to be playing at Hibs.

Think it's quite impressive really and I'd be happy to see him kick on and potentially be around the Scotland squad this time next year. So long as he has howlers against us mind!

makaveli1875
15-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Hardly. Surely a player just wants to know that the manager sees him as a key player and will generally play a big role providing he's fit and not out of form.

It's about more than money for him at this stage and he knows with Bartley, McGinn, McGeouch, Swanson, Martin, Fraser Murray and any new signings that even if he's at his best he's not certain to be playing at Hibs.

Think it's quite impressive really and I'd be happy to see him kick on and potentially be around the Scotland squad this time next year. So long as he has howlers against us mind!

You cant be serious :confused:

J-C
15-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Who says he doesn't have options? Has he even signed for Dundee yet? Maybe he and his young family don't want to stay to far from Aberdeen?

You are just cherry picking a rumour to back up your negative opinion of the player - a Scottish Cup winning one at that.

I'm not negative towards Fyvie, I think he's a decent player but not the very good one some on here think he is, Lennon obviously couldn't guarantee him playing every week as it's a squad game nowadays, so he's looked elsewhere. We thank all our cup winning team for what they done but teams evolve and players move on, just look at Keats.

Thecat23
15-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Fyvie is a standard midfielder who has some good games and some crap. Will we miss him... I doubt it to be honest! Think he'll be easily replaced and we won't be left with some big void.

I wish him all the best though.

supermcginn
15-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.

easty
15-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Some of the comments on here are incredible, he couldn't get a sniff of a game most of the time the last few months and is an average player who creates little on the whole and has zero goal threat along with a knack of misplacing the most simple pass, good luck to him at his new club.

:faf: aye ok then

KWJ
15-06-2017, 09:43 AM

Indeed they are. Opinions eh!

:kettle: (never used that before :greengrin)

KWJ
15-06-2017, 09:46 AM
You cant be serious :confused:

I think he has the potential to elevate his game to that level yes. He had bags of potential at Aberdeen and he showed it occasionally at Hibs. If he can play at his best more often than not then he'd be chapping on the door.

I'm not saying he will or that I even think he will but I do believe he has a high enough ceiling to be a Scotland player.

LancsHibs
15-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Not that disappointed to see FF go tbh, out of Bartley & Fyvie we have retained the right player. I'm sure we can replace with better, hope so anyway!

supermcginn
15-06-2017, 10:03 AM

2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.

Just Jimmy
15-06-2017, 10:05 AM
That is all. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170615/f7e4e225e46ae819370f6ac9abd2cc78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ElginHibbie
15-06-2017, 10:07 AM
2 goals in 54 games and he hardly got a game since january in the second tier of scottish football, hopefully his wages will go towards someone who is a guaranteed starter.

Bartley hasn't scored any goals for us, should we have got rid of him as well?

I like Fyvie, but when everyone is fit and playing well he wouldn't be a starter for me, so if he wants to leave to go somewhere he would be good luck to him

GreenOnions
15-06-2017, 10:55 AM
If FF is off to Dundee then I will be sad to see him go but wish him the best of luck. For me - he's a good player and I always liked the way he helped us play football from the back. He will certainly improve Dundee's midfield. If they can get Scott Allan fit and motivated too then that is a really good start for Dundee in building their team for next year.

Marco G
15-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Fair point, but interesting that he -Scott Allan -has played a third of all his professional games, for Hibs, in one season, out of his 8 years as a pro! Think that says it all about his ability, or lack of, to get into a team and hold his place.

I think Fraser Fyvie, on the other hand, wants to leave because he is not happy to pick up a wage and not be a starter.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2017, 11:13 AM
The folk who are happy to see him go will be the same ones moaning when we are kicking the ball long without him next season. We always played better, more fluid, more calculated football with him in the side. Without him and McGeouch we often looked lost and devoid of any plan to score a goal.

I really dislike the decision to let him leave, I think it is a big mistake and he'll go on and do very well somewhere else. He is exactly the type of player we wanted for years when we were struggling. Young, talented, committed, passionate and a Scottish cup winner with Hibs. What more could we possibly ask for.

B.H.F.C
15-06-2017, 11:20 AM
The folk who are happy to see him go will be the same ones moaning when we are kicking the ball long without him next season. We always played better, more fluid, more calculated football with him in the side. Without him and McGeouch we often looked lost and devoid of any plan to score a goal.

I really dislike the decision to let him leave, I think it is a big mistake and he'll go on and do very well somewhere else. He is exactly the type of player we wanted for years when we were struggling. Young, talented, committed, passionate and a Scottish cup winner with Hibs. What more could we possibly ask for.

We didn't 'always' play better with him. We struggled to score goals with and without him in the team. No real difference with or without.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 11:22 AM

His and Dylan McGeouchs contribution to the team are greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Both decent players but contribute nowhere near enough in terms of chances created or goals scored. I'd rather we signed players like that and have Bartley there to do the dirty unspectacular work, which again in my opinion he does better than Fyvie.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2017, 11:23 AM
His and Dylan McGeouchs contribution to the team are greatly exaggerated in my opinion. Both decent players but contribute nowhere near enough in terms of chances created or goals scored. I'd rather we signed players like that and have Bartley there to do the dirty unspectacular work, which again in my opinion he does better than Fyvie.And how does the ball consistently reach those players in damaging positions? Every great team for the last 20 years has had a deep play maker.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 11:37 AM
And how does the ball consistently reach those players in damaging positions? Every great team for the last 20 years has had a deep play maker.

That would suggest to me that you felt Fyvie was regularly passing the ball to players in damaging positions. My view was that he didn't do that nearly enough.

keep the faith
15-06-2017, 11:39 AM

I agree with all of this.

tamig
15-06-2017, 11:43 AM
That is all. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170615/f7e4e225e46ae819370f6ac9abd2cc78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fantastic pic. FF will be missed and I'm sad to see him go. I think he'll do very well at Dundee.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2017, 11:52 AM
That would suggest to me that you felt Fyvie was regularly passing the ball to players in damaging positions. My view was that he didn't do that nearly enough.No, he was the link between the back 4 and the dangerous players. Plenty of examples of this, a quick look at some highlights from the last 2 years will show this. The cup final showed this.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 11:56 AM
No, he was the link between the back 4 and the dangerous players. Plenty of examples of this, a quick look at some highlights from the last 2 years will show this. The cup final showed this.

You're wasting your time mate. Unless you score lots of goals or make lots of crunching tackles you are no good at football.

Borderhibbie76
15-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Funny according to some posters on here the likes of Aberdeen, Sevco and the like would be courting Fyvie's signature...clearly not. As I've always thought he is a decent competent midfielder but nothing more

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Funny according to some posters on here the likes of Aberdeen, Sevco and the like would be courting Fyvie's signature...clearly not. As I've always thought he is a decent competent midfielder but nothing more

I don't think Rangers will be interested under their new management but who says Aberdeen are not courting Fyvie's signature?

Borderhibbie76
15-06-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't think Rangers will be interested under their new management but who says Aberdeen are not courting Fyvie's signature?
If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 12:03 PM
If they are why is he signing for Dundee?? Not knocking him as I said in my post but he hands down wins the award for most overrated Hibs player on .net

Has he signed for Dundee?

lucky
15-06-2017, 12:10 PM
FF is an excellent player who played a major part in our cup final win. For me I'd play him every week before Bartley but Lennon obviously sees it differently. If FF signs for Dundee I'll give him a warm reception when he returns to ER

Borderhibbie76
15-06-2017, 12:11 PM
FF is an excellent player who played a major part in our cup final win. For me I'd play him every week before Bartley but Lennon obviously sees it differently. If FF signs for Dundee I'll give him a warm reception when he returns to ER
Yes I would also

B.H.F.C
15-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Yes I would also

Likewise. I don't think he as good as others would have you believe. But he won the Scottish Cup with Hibs and I will always be grateful for his contribution in doing so.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 12:33 PM
You're wasting your time mate. Unless you score lots of goals or make lots of crunching tackles you are no good at football.

Please point me to any post where I've said Fyvie is no good at football. More than once I've said he's a decent player I just don't rate him as highly as others on here.

makaveli1875
15-06-2017, 12:36 PM

ok how many goals did he score last season ? 0
how many assists ? 0
how many misplaced passes ? 100's

SON OF PADDY
15-06-2017, 12:43 PM

Maybe some folks ken a good footballer 🤔
whilst others don't 😉

Overrated my Arse.... As I previously stated
"Try facing the pitch" FF will be sadly missed.

hibs4life
15-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Sad to see him go - thought we usually played better with him in midfield and felt he helped keep a decent tempo when we played through him in midfield.
I'm sure he'll do well wherever he goes next and I wish him all the best...

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Fyvie was alright, however I'm not too fussed about his departure. When it comes to player archetypes, he's one of the easier ones to replace. Mind you, what do I know, I rated Shinnie after all.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 01:03 PM

Has he signed for Dundee?

Kenny Millar‏ @Kenny_Millar 20 minutes ago
Replying to @Billychaotic182
No, nothing in Fyvie and Dundee as it stands. Checked that earlier.

IanFaeClerrie
15-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Lennon correctly saw Fraser as a real talent.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

RIP
15-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Lennon correctly saw Fraser as a real talent.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

We are losing Fyvie, Cummings, Holt and have lost Kea tings. 4 of my favourite players from last season. No equivalent replacements yet (Sorry Simon - but you're no Cumdog).

At the moment my cup is half empty. Neil, George, Leeann - please fill it up.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Maybe he can hang it next to his most underrated player at Hibs award.

Speedway
20-06-2017, 06:50 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-accepted-hibs-contract-offer-but-was-too-late-1-4480268

Steve20
20-06-2017, 06:58 AM
I don't see how it's too late. We've not brought in a replacement so looking for one is going to take longer than keeping him. Plus he's a very good player.

MacGruber
20-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Seen that, some clarity.

Think it's a terrible decision whilst understandable

It's not like we had an alternative waiting in the wings or if we did, looks like we've either missed out or waiting for them to accept our offer in their own time.

Quite clearly Fyvie divides opinion so no pitch here to convince anyone of his merits. Personally, think the boy is quality. Gutted we couldn't have just done the deal when he chaged his mind. Will be pleasantly surpised if his replacement is an improvement.

Onion
20-06-2017, 07:03 AM

:agree: Would be a shock to his system to have to work for a living rather than sitting on his erkie watching others play football on a Saturday. A waster.

Michael
20-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Sounds like we probably had some players in mind after he rejected the contract. Difficult to find better than FF on our budget though.

B.H.F.C
20-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Shame that one of the cup winners leaves in this manner. But if he rejected our offer thinking he could get something better and we were his fall back, then that's his problem.

People say we will do well to get better than Fyvie. I think the same can be said for him, don't think he'll get a better club than Hibs.

Heisenberg
20-06-2017, 07:13 AM
He's only got himself to blame if that scenario is correct.

RossScott1991
20-06-2017, 07:22 AM
Always feel a wee bit sad when a Scottish Cup winner leaves. Prediction for who will be the last remaining ? Hanlon or Stevenson I reckon

Marco G
20-06-2017, 07:27 AM
I don't see how it's too late. We've not brought in a replacement so looking for one is going to take longer than keeping him. Plus he's a very good player.
Two issues imho. Presume when he rejected the offer we would have began to find a replacement. That might be well down the road before Fraser reconsidered. Too late for us to stop. We will find out soon enough and if Lennon thinks the guy we are going for is better than Fyvie then it also explains why the offer had been taken off the table.

Second, we can't have players mucking us about. It sounds like this is not Fyvie saying I want more time to think about it. This is him saying No Thanks. Then presume when nothing else cropped up he says, hang on I have changed my mind?

Big_Franck
20-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Shame that one of the cup winners leaves in this manner. But if he rejected our offer thinking he could get something better and we were his fall back, then that's his problem.

People say we will do well to get better than Fyvie. I think the same can be said for him, don't think he'll get a better club than Hibs.

Agree with all of this. At least we now know he rejected Hibs' offer. A situation all of his own making.

Sad to see any of our cup winners leave though and if he returns to Easter Road as a visiting player I hope he gets the respect he deserves, at least until the game starts :greengrin

calumhibee1
20-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Two issues imho. Presume when he rejected the offer we would have began to find a replacement. That might be well down the road before Fraser reconsidered. Too late for us to stop. We will find out soon enough and if Lennon thinks the guy we are going for is better than Fyvie then it also explains why the offer had been taken off the table.

Second, we can't have players mucking us about. It sounds like this is not Fyvie saying I want more time to think about it. This is him saying No Thanks. Then presume when nothing else cropped up he says, hang on I have changed my mind?

That's what I'm getting from it. Sounds like a guy who wanted to move on, then never got any half decent offers so decided we were infact the best he could get. I have no issues with that from Fyvies point of view, he hadn't been playing as often as I'm sure he'd like so it's fair enough that he wanted to look elsewhere, but it's not exactly the commitment you're looking for from a player is it? A sort of "awch, nothing else came up so I'll just stay" sort of feeling to it. Neither party is in the wrong here but I reckon Hibs have done the right thing.

Thanks for your efforts Fraser, you'll forever be a legend at Hibs and good luck wherever you go next.

LancsHibs
20-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Would rather have player who are committed to playing for and are exited to play for Hibs! Not players who wanted away and only when they can't find anything better think 'oh well, you'll have to do'

Brightside
20-06-2017, 07:44 AM
He rejected the offer....then after having no one else trying to sign him he comes back and says nah I'll take the offer?? No brainer for me. Good luck to the boy.

MacGruber
20-06-2017, 07:54 AM
That's what I'm getting from it. Sounds like a guy who wanted to move on, then never got any half decent offers so decided we were infact the best he could get. I have no issues with that from Fyvies point of view, he hadn't been playing as often as I'm sure he'd like so it's fair enough that he wanted to look elsewhere, but it's not exactly the commitment you're looking for from a player is it? A sort of "awch, nothing else came up so I'll just stay" sort of feeling to it. Neither party is in the wrong here but I reckon Hibs have done the right thing.

Thanks for your efforts Fraser, you'll forever be a legend at Hibs and good luck wherever you go next.

All conjecture though. We don't know the reason and although it sounds that way iy could equally have been the terms he rejected and not simply staying with Hibs. Length of contract for example. Maybe he wanted longer, Fontaine signed for a year for example.

Gutted he's away. It's a detriment to the team IMO.

Not miffed at Hibs though, it's been fair enough. Just feel both parties will lose out now. All a bit Levein/Steven Fletcher-esque.

BSEJVT
20-06-2017, 08:00 AM
He rejected the offer....then after having no one else trying to sign him he comes back and says nah I'll take the offer?? No brainer for me. Good luck to the boy.

Pretty much this

I like Fyvie and my preference would have been for him to stay.

I also respect his right to look for better elsewhere but it seems to me he has handled it poorly / been advised poorly.

If I had been in his shoes and was looking at options, I would have known what was available elsewhere and would have had my mind made up by the day after Hibs offer landed.

Its possible that he had another offer that was subsequently withdrawn elsewhere and if that's the case he is unlucky, but still deserves to find himself in the situation he is.

Likewise I wish him the best of luck

Col2
20-06-2017, 08:11 AM
I can still see him signing for us over next few weeks.

We wanted him a few weeks ago and unless we have someone materially better lined up (which we would probably heard about by. I) then we have made our point to him and all, but we should still sign him up.

J-C
20-06-2017, 08:12 AM

This was what I was told a few weeks ago, on the other hand Boyle told the club he would sign on his return from holiday and duly did, if Fraser thought he could get better elsewhere then hell mend him. Fraser on his day is very decent midfielder but latterly his form had dipped and he found himself on the bench more often than not, we need players on their game 80% of the time not as inconsistent as Fyvie was.

MacGruber
20-06-2017, 08:21 AM
I can still see him signing for us over next few weeks.

We wanted him a few weeks ago and unless we have someone materially better lined up (which we would probably heard about by. I) then we have made our point to him and all, but we should still sign him up.

Hope so.

If not good luck to the guy - cup winning legend

keep the faith
20-06-2017, 08:29 AM
If he is willing to take the terms we originally offered then sign him up.
We won't get better.

snooky
20-06-2017, 08:29 AM
"With Hibs eager to begin preparations at the earliest opportunity for their impending return to the Premiership, offers were made under the proviso that players had to give a swift indication of whether they intended to accept them."

That is the key part to me. There's no ambiguity there. It more or less says sign now or goodbye, thank you very much.
I would really like FF to stay but it looks like he made his own bed in all this.

Col2
20-06-2017, 08:30 AM
We won't get better.

I agree. Make it happen Hibs.

we are hibs
20-06-2017, 08:34 AM
We won't get better.

yes we will.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Looks like it was sign or move on. If that was made clear I don't know why FF thought that there was a third option just for him.

Elephant Stone
20-06-2017, 08:52 AM
We won't get better.

Why has no one else signed him if he is the absolute best central midfielder available right now?

CRAZYHIBBY
20-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Disgraceful way to treat a cup winning legend.... football's a short career and hes a young guy...wouldnt you want to keep your options open incase you had the chance to earn more money elsewhere.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Seems like a bit of kok-up, from both sides

If he wants to stay, and we want to keep him, then it should be possible to get a deal done, even now.

scoopyboy
20-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Disgraceful way to treat a cup winning legend.... football's a short career and hes a young guy...wouldnt you want to keep your options open incase you had the chance to earn more money elsewhere.

So should Hibs just have waited forever on an answer and let targets slip away in the meantime?

I wanted FF to stay but he played a form of Russian Roulette................... and lost.

lucky
20-06-2017, 09:09 AM
If this version is correct FF was a bit daft but Hibs have not replaced him so to withdraw the contract offer is also daft

JDHibs
20-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Cup winner or not HE rejected us, then realized we were probably his best option and came back. His own fault for this mess, he could have asked for time to reflect on the offer, he didnt, he rejected it then came running back when no better offers came in.

Made his own bed, he can sleep in it. Only want players at this club who want to be here for the right reasons, not because nobody else wants them.

worcesterhibby
20-06-2017, 09:14 AM
typical poor reporting from EEN

"The Aberdonian’s departure means John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch and Bartley are the only senior midfielders currently available to Lennon, although young duo Scott Martin and Fraser Murray will be pushing for more prominent involvement in the upcoming campaign."

I think they forgot about Danny Swanson !

jacomo
20-06-2017, 09:18 AM

I don't get this attitude.

If we can agree terms with FF, why wouldn't we?

Pretty Boy
20-06-2017, 09:20 AM
The EEN report seems to suggest he actually rejected the offer as opposed to just stalling. I'd probably take a harder line on that than I would if he had simply taken a week or 2 to weigh up his options tbh.

In saying that he's a good player so if a deal could still be done I'd be tempted to try and do it.

CraigHibee
20-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Unless we have a gautenteed 1st choice signing target coming in then I think it's silly, I can see it from the club's point of view where we want players who want to sign on the dotted line without having to take over and above any time that has been set out.

ancient hibee
20-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Surely you're missing the point.He rejected the offer and the club accepted his decision.End of story is it not.

SirDavidsNapper
20-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Nobody is bigger than the club. I'm afraid Fraser has made a right mess of it. Good luck to him though. Can see him ending up at Dundee United or Falkirk.

Smartie
20-06-2017, 09:34 AM
I wonder if Lennon might have been questioning his attitude and was in some ways testing him/ all of the out of contract players?

He looked like his head went down during the second half of the season, I wonder if his attitude maybe wasn't all it should have been and that has been reflected in this carry on?

ancient hibee
20-06-2017, 09:38 AM
I really can't understand some of the comments .How was Lennon testing him?He was offered a contract and didn't want it .

Smartie
20-06-2017, 09:41 AM
I really can't understand some of the comments .How was Lennon testing him?He was offered a contract and didn't want it .

It's more trying to explain why the contract was pulled in spite of Fyvie changing his mind.

He signs the contract - he's committed and good to go.

He pisses about - he's not committed so lets move on.

We've got the players who were committed, we've lost the ones who were not.

Super_JMcGinn
20-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Maybe he can hang it next to his most underrated player at Hibs award.

Lewey has easily won that particular award for the past 3 seasons or more.

HAZ2000
20-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Good player but clearly not commited

Pretty Boy
20-06-2017, 09:53 AM
It's more trying to explain why the contract was pulled in spite of Fyvie changing his mind.

He signs the contract - he's committed and good to go.

He pisses about - he's not committed so lets move on.

We've got the players who were committed, we've lost the ones who were not.

From what I take from the story the contract wasn't pulled, it was rejected. It then wasn't offered again when FF came calling.

Super_JMcGinn
20-06-2017, 09:55 AM
I wonder if Lennon might have been questioning his attitude and was in some ways testing him/ all of the out of contract players?

He looked like his head went down during the second half of the season, I wonder if his attitude maybe wasn't all it should have been and that has been reflected in this carry on?

I think he was still smarting from the cup semi when he was hooked and went in the huff. No pun intended :wink:

Monts
20-06-2017, 09:57 AM
It doesn't really seem to add up though, does it? Why would he turn up to sign the deal if he had already rejected it? It sounds like a lack of communication to me. If you were offered a job and rejected it, you wouldn't go back to the employer a few weeks later looking to take the job.

Real Emerald
20-06-2017, 10:20 AM
It's more likely that he thought the contract wasn't good enough through cash or length. Hibs have probably said that's the best you're getting take it or leave it, so he left it. He's gone on holiday, mulled it over and thought maybe it was a good deal after all and decided to go for it. Unless Hibs have someone better waiting to sign I just can't see the point of us not agreeing.

Whether anyone thinks he is or isn't good enough, it's a bit off that he wasn't given a bit leeway on this. It is after all his future and wages for the next few years. I would add that we've no idea the amount of time Hibs were waiting on an answer or any other details behind it, so can't really blame the club without having all the facts.

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Don't buy the not committed thing. The truth is that every player wants the best possible deal for himself in terms of a) money b) high profile suitors c) involvement in first team action.

Fyvie tried to pursue his best interests. It was probably bad tactics on his part and it didn't work. Doesn't mean you shut the door. Everything is negotiable.

lapsedhibee
20-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Whether anyone thinks he is or isn't good enough, it's a bit off that he wasn't given a bit leeway on this. It is after all his future and wages for the next few years. I would add that we've no idea the amount of time Hibs were waiting on an answer or any other details behind it, so can't really blame the club without having all the facts.

Though you just have.

brog
20-06-2017, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=worcesterhibby;5075984]typical poor reporting from EEN

"The Aberdonian’s departure means John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch and Bartley are the only senior midfielders currently available to Lennon, although young duo Scott Martin and Fraser Murray will be pushing for more prominent involvement in the upcoming campaign."

The EEN report I read said "senior central midfielders". I think they see Danny as more of a wide player or even a #10. Not one to defend the EEN but they're correct this time.

brog
20-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Don't buy the not committed thing. The truth is that every player wants the best possible deal for himself in terms of a) money b) high profile suitors c) involvement in first team action.

Fyvie tried to pursue his best interests. It was probably bad tactics on his part and it didn't work. Doesn't mean you shut the door. Everything is negotiable.

Sums it up perfectly for me. If we end up spending money to get in a lesser player than FF then we're just cutting our noses off. Let's kiss & make up.

MacGruber
20-06-2017, 10:50 AM
We played some of our best football when we had Fyvie, McGinn & Dylan interchanging in the middle. 3 talented and young midfielders with their best years ahead of them.
Fyvie is an asset.
Can see it from both points of view but hoping it can be put behind them, get back to the table and sort it out.
Love it if he were to stay

Real Emerald
20-06-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm going on the information available and think that' it's a bit off from Hibs if true. However, I've also said that we don't have all the facts so can't really blame anyone without these facts. I've also not made any judgment on whether or not we should sign him again as I don't know what we may replace him with. I'm also sure John McGinn or Jason Cummings would have been given a second chance, which probably says it all regarding Neil Lennon's thoughts on FF.

hibsdaft
20-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Yep.

We should now go to him with a slightly poorer offer (very slightly) than the one he originally turned down but is now happy with. Hibs retain a cracking player, and don't get seen to be played around, Fyvie gets a new contract, everyone's a winner.

Seems a no brainer to me, what am I missing?

Can't help but feel this all goes back to Fyvie getting subbed off against Aberdeen in the semi final, which will have really hurt his pride. You can't really blame him for taking the hump after that. Had to be done but very few players would take it on the chin imo

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2017, 10:57 AM
If there is anything I have learnt over the last few weeks it is not to take the media version of events as gospel, as simple word such as rejected changes the whole context of the situation between Fyvie and Hibs. I'm not sure what to believe any more.

lapsedhibee
20-06-2017, 10:58 AM
I heard Leeann doesn't like to have too many gingers associated with the first team squad - makes us look too Irish - and with Simon Murray coming in either Fraser or Neilly had to be nudged out. Disgrace if true.

GreenOnions
20-06-2017, 11:02 AM
I'm going on the information available and think that' it's a bit off from Hibs if true. However, I've also said that we don't have all the facts so can't really blame anyone without these facts. I've also not made any judgment on whether or not we should sign him again as I don't know what we may replace him with. I'm also sure John McGinn or Jason Cummings would have been given a second chance, which probably says it all regarding Neil Lennon's thoughts on FF.

This is probably the key. I am one of the FF fans on this board and would have him in the team most weeks but accept that sometimes you have to prioritise. NL maybe felt that with McGinn, McGeouch, Bartley plus Martin and maybe new players he's identified who could play there (perhaps Whittaker?) that central midfield is less of a priority than other areas of the team.

I read on here that Fraser didn't use an agent when he spoke to the club. I hope he's not lost out here because of the lack of a professional adviser liaising with the club. Clubs moan often enough about having to deal with agents and it would be ironic if this situation highlights to players the importance of involving a third party.

KWJ
20-06-2017, 11:04 AM
I'd imagine LD, GC and NL had a budget set out for if the players renewed. FF didn't do it in time and they moved on to the next budget which they are already working towards and probably making progress on.

I like FF but I'm not going to criticise our successful transfer ops team without knowing the facts, ken.

scoopyboy
20-06-2017, 11:08 AM
People posting it's not too late to offer Fyvie a deal as we haven't signed anyone.

How do they know we've not signed anyone and just not announced it yet?

makaveli1875
20-06-2017, 11:08 AM
of the 2 players weve recently lost 1 of them is gong to be hard to replace and it aint Fyvie . Good luck to him but im confident we will get a better midfielder in to replace him

Lago
20-06-2017, 11:10 AM
People posting it's not too late to offer Fyvie a deal as we haven't signed anyone.

Exactly.

MacGruber
20-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Because we haven't.... FACT.....

Go on Scoopy.. bite ;)

Borderhibbie76
20-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Not another Fraser Fyvie thread jeezo...can we just move on please it's been done to death on here...several times over 🙈🙈

Stokesy's on fire
20-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Is this 100% off the table or can Hibs and Fraser sit down and sort this out?

scoopyboy
20-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Is this 100% off the table or can Hibs and Fraser sit down and sort this out?

Don't suppose it will be 100% off the table until FF signs for someone else or Hibs announce it won't be happening.

My take is if it was going to be revisited it would be done by now.

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Not another Fraser Fyvie thread jeezo...can we just move on please it's been done to death on here...several times over 🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkOr we can talk about it considering it is happening right now and this is a forum for things like that.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2017, 01:38 PM

Oh you tease. :greengrin

Personally i hope we can come to some arrangement with FF, he's a decent player when on form and knows the club.

If not we will get someone else in as usual, we have to hope whoever it is, is better. :pray:

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2017, 01:43 PM
I heard Leeann doesn't like to have too many gingers associated with the first team squad - makes us look too Irish - and with Simon Murray coming in either Fraser or Neilly had to be nudged out. Disgrace if true.

This is probably the most ludicrous post I've seen on here.

Greenworld
20-06-2017, 01:51 PM
To be fair it's funny

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibbie02
20-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Says the 5pm man.... :wink:

Billychaotic182
20-06-2017, 02:54 PM
He adds quality to the first team but he'd be a high earner and probably was after even more wages. If he is willing to sign on the original offer I don't see why we wouldn't resign him. We haven't signed anyone in his position so I think we should look to get him signed. Unless we have a better player lined up

007 Mickey Weir
20-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I know someone VERY close to him and this is actually what happened.

No timescale was given to fraser to accept the offer. He went on holiday the week after finished and went back to hibs the day after he came back from holiday to agree the contract and was told offer was off the table. Surely with there not being a deadline than the stance by the club is harsh to somone who has helped them achieve so much in the last few years.
Maybe

He still hopes a deal can be done and hasn't given up on being a Hibs player next season as he loves it at Hibs. Lennon my have a different opinion as Fraser delayed on deciding on the deal. He has had a hard time with injuries and disappointments and wanted to get the best deal for him and his family.

But ultimately Lennon has to decide if Fraser is part of his plans or not.

MrSmith
20-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Would be silly to let him walk away as consistency is key to success. Last years team are capable of finishing top 6 and with a few additions, most likely top 4. Again though with the exception of those who re-signed, we are dragging our feet pre-season where it is important to have the team together and prepared. We are atrocious or stingy at for pre-season.

poolman
20-06-2017, 07:13 PM

You must be pished or just at the wind up

SirDavidsNapper
26-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Nobody is bigger than the club. I'm afraid Fraser has made a right mess of it. Good luck to him though. Can see him ending up at Dundee United or Falkirk.
Well done me 👏👏👏😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
27-06-2017, 04:35 AM

I'm sure the solicitors Reeves and Mortimer will be at the ready if their clients wish them too look at discrimination as a case

#SpinSpinSpinTheWheelOfJustice