PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Diclonius
14-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Just found an old STV link which has told us what they've been neglecting to mention.

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1369686-hearts-given-approval-for-new-12m-main-stand-at-tynecastle/

It's 20,099.

monktonharp
14-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Just found an old STV link which has told us what they've been neglecting to mention.

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1369686-hearts-given-approval-for-new-12m-main-stand-at-tynecastle/

It's 20,099.that makes it official. big club, wee ground

WhileTheChief..
15-06-2017, 12:18 AM
They've been saying that since day one.

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2017, 01:11 AM

It's 20,099.

It's smaller than that.

Baader
15-06-2017, 01:17 AM
Whatever it is it will still be smaller and inferior to Easter Road.
:flag:

greenginger
15-06-2017, 03:41 AM
I'm pretty sure the PBS capacity will be toiling to make 19,000 never mind 20,000.

There is a stadium exiting plan as part of the new stand planning application and it notes their Wheatfield, Roseburn, and Gorgie stands as having capacities of, 5,918 , 3551 , and 3340 respectively.
A total of 12,809.

The deck area of their new stand is made up of seven section of 28 seats and two wing sections with 6 seats in a row. Our East has the same seven sections of 28 seats but our wing sections have 11 seats in them. We have ten seats more per row in our longitudinal stands because our pitch is 6 metres longer than the PBS.

Their new stand will lose seating area for the directors box, dug-out area , press box, stair exits, and bigger seats for the executive bums. 6,200 will be a tight squeeze in that stand, which would be 19009.

Remember the Club has already said there are only just over 5,400 season ticket seats available in the new stand so over 20,000 is a Yam figure pure and simple.

Fife-Hibee
15-06-2017, 04:08 AM
i'm pretty sure the pbs capacity will be toiling to make 19,000 never mind 20,000.

There is a stadium exiting plan as part of the new stand planning application and it notes their wheatfield, roseburn, and gorgie stands as having capacities of, 5,918 , 3551 , and 3340 respectively.
A total of 12,809.

The deck area of their new stand is made up of seven section of 28 seats and two wing sections with 6 seats in a row. Our east has the same seven sections of 28 seats but our wing sections have 11 seats in them. We have ten seats more per row in our longitudinal stands because our pitch is 6 metres longer than the pbs.

Their new stand will lose seating area for the directors box, dug-out area , press box, stair exits, and bigger seats for the executive bums. 6,200 will be a tight squeeze in that stand, which would be 19009.

Remember the club has already said there are only just over 5,400 season ticket seats available in the new stand so over 20,000 is a yam figure pure and simple.

like 😂

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2017, 04:31 AM
It's like finding out you're bigger than your ex girlfriend's new boyfriend

As a jambo would say - pleasing...

Pedantic_Hibee
15-06-2017, 06:56 AM
It's like finding out you're bigger than your ex's girlfriends new boyfriend

I have no idea what that's like.

lyonhibs
15-06-2017, 07:05 AM
It's like finding out you're bigger than your ex's girlfriends new boyfriend

The above is a classic example of why correct apostrophe usage is key.

California-Hibs
15-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Mental how they're building a new stand and will STILL have a smaller stadium than Easter Road. That would get under my skin big time! 😂

SirDavidsNapper
15-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Only big teams have a smaller stadium than their city rivals

dchibs
15-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Yes but once they get their standing area, it will go up to 400k surly.

Hibs07p
15-06-2017, 08:04 AM
There is no online seating plan for the new stand as per the complaints from the greeting faced jambo fuds who are trying to swap seats from the existing stands to the new stand. If they are trying to swap by phone / online they are being given any old seat, and if they want a specific seat they are having to go to the ticket office and queue to pick a seat from their seating plan.
What are they hiding?

GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2017, 08:09 AM
The above is a classic example of why correct apostrophe usage is key.

Oops lol :wink:

I want to blame my iphone...

green&left
15-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Who gives a **** to be perfectly honest

CockneyRebel
15-06-2017, 08:15 AM

Exactly

Tobias Funke
15-06-2017, 08:38 AM

The Jambos do. A lot.

Velma Dinkley
15-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Their other three stands will still be not-fit-for-purpose crumbling death traps, unfortunately.

Crazyhorse
15-06-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the PBS capacity will be toiling to make 19,000 never mind 20,000.

There is a stadium exiting plan as part of the new stand planning application and it notes their Wheatfield, Roseburn, and Gorgie stands as having capacities of, 5,918 , 3551 , and 3340 respectively.
A total of 12,809.

The deck area of their new stand is made up of seven section of 28 seats and two wing sections with 6 seats in a row. Our East has the same seven sections of 28 seats but our wing sections have 11 seats in them. We have ten seats more per row in our longitudinal stands because our pitch is 6 metres longer than the PBS.

Remember the Club has already said there are only just over 5,400 season ticket seats available in the new stand so over 20,000 is a Yam figure pure and simple.

The final capacity should be 19,788 but you make a good point about forced reductions - they already have had to cut seats from Georgie and Roseburn due to the cramped environment. The 'official' figure for the new main stand may be revised downwards. Anyone interested will be able to find out but their media pals/other propagandists will continue with the smoke and mirrors to perpetuate the lie that it's a 20,000 + stadium.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 09:48 AM
There is no online seating plan for the new stand as per the complaints from the greeting faced jambo fuds who are trying to swap seats from the existing stands to the new stand. If they are trying to swap by phone / online they are being given any old seat, and if they want a specific seat they are having to go to the ticket office and queue to pick a seat from their seating plan.
What are they hiding?

GGTTH

I don't read sickback but from what others have mentioned on here there would appear to be a lack of threads regarding their new capacity!!

This is what I think they are maybe not so much hiding but keeping quiet!!

Most teams have a seating plan online so fans can pick seats!! Wonder why they don't have one??

Stand will be delayed meaning those who buy tickets for new stand are forking out money for new seat but will have to sit in olds stands....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colr
15-06-2017, 09:51 AM

It's 20,099.

Shows a small minded attitude. At least when Spurs are building their new stadium, they have the front to ensure its bigger than their rivals one over at the Arsenal Library.

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2017, 12:42 PM
some rumours going around that all seats will have seatbelts attached due to the steepness of the big pink stand, health and safety or something

livi hibs 1875
15-06-2017, 01:09 PM
some rumours going around that all seats will have seatbelts attached due to the steepness of the big pink stand, health and safety or something

That's the budge trying to keep the ****ers in when we're 3 nil up at half-time

Ozyhibby
15-06-2017, 02:51 PM

The new stand is less steep the their existing ones I think.

greenginger
15-06-2017, 03:15 PM
The new stand is less steep the their existing ones I think.

The new stand angle is 32 degrees, the Wheatfield is 34 degrees from horizontal.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 03:50 PM
My yam associates still think it will be all singing and dancing for the time specified! I said no chance cos they were skint and the begging bowl is out again!! I am apparently jealous of the goings on down PBS way!

Now I asked about the capacity once it has been finished and was again told 'bigger than yours'.

I was wide and asked what the capacity would be and I reckoned it would be 20,099 at most.... The response was priceless.... That's a wee team capacity but skirted around this trying to change the subject!

I get the impression that it's a subject they don't really want to talk about!!

Keith_M
15-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Is this another "mine's bigger than yours" argument?

I hate them, I always lose

:boo hoo:

Greencore
15-06-2017, 04:10 PM
I remember hearing an interview and scott Wilson pointed out how it would be a bigger stadium then the hibs one
..😂😂😂😂😂😂

Colr
15-06-2017, 05:53 PM

Some will double a commodes as well.

Deansy
15-06-2017, 06:58 PM
I don't read sickback but from what others have mentioned on here there would appear to be a lack of threads regarding their new capacity!!

This is what I think they are maybe not so much hiding but keeping quiet!!

Most teams have a seating plan online so fans can pick seats!! Wonder why they don't have one??

Stand will be delayed meaning those who buy tickets for new stand are forking out money for new seat but will have to sit in olds stands....

For 'Lack of threads regarding their new capacity' read - 'NO THREADS WHATSOEVER regarding their new capacity' - their collective silence/avoidance of THAT particular subject confirms the truth !.

To be honest I cannot believe there wasn't protests from the scarf-twirling Muppets as soon as the design/details etc was announced - surely 1 out of the 400,000 can count ??. Being further honest, I still can't believe that with all the expense (well - IF they find the money for it ??) and inconvenience/upset etc, that when they were dealing with the architect, they didn't demand that the end-result had to be that the PBS would hold more than ER - even 1 (one) seat MORE would've been enough to satisfy a support that's rabidly-obsessed with 'Size' ?. Think it shows the naievety of Budge as it show that she really doesn't understand the mentality of the people who support HER club !

Aldo
15-06-2017, 07:13 PM
For 'Lack of threads regarding their new capacity' read - 'NO THREADS WHATSOEVER regarding their new capacity' - their collective silence/avoidance of THAT particular subject confirms the truth !. To be honest I cannot believe there wasn't protests from the scarf-twirling Muppets as soon as the design/details etc was announced - surely 1 out of the 400,000 can count ??. Being further honest, I still can't believe that with all the expense (well - IF they find the money for it ??) and inconvenience/upset etc, that when they were dealing with the architect, they didn't demand that the end-result had to be that the PBS would hold more than ER - even 1 (one) seat MORE would've been enough to satisfy a support that's rabidly-obsessed with 'Size' ?. Think it shows the naievety of Budge as it show that she really doesn't understand the mentality of the people who support HER club !

Really! Ha that's brilliant!

You could guarantee that if it was indeed bigger they would be shouting it from the rooftops!!

All very pleasing!!

HibbySpurs
15-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Shows a small minded attitude. At least when Spurs are building their new stadium, they have the front to ensure its bigger than their rivals one over at the Arsenal Library.

I didn't like to say :greengrin

Arch Stanton
15-06-2017, 07:51 PM
For 'Lack of threads regarding their new capacity' read - 'NO THREADS WHATSOEVER regarding their new capacity' - their collective silence/avoidance of THAT particular subject confirms the truth !.

They do have an amazing capacity for collective avoidance, don't they.

Not a murmer about financing the new stand and the affect it will have on player recruitment. The collective opinion is that they will make some big signings which will result in 15k ST sales.

They are absolutely pleased as punch about the pics showing progress with their new stand when there actually isn't any. Anyone who casts doubts is a hobo plain and simple.

Their club has managed to implement an *rse about t*t version of the Liverpool main stand which they were supposed to be emulating - have a look and see the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II118auUJA0

and the end of the following timelapse (world of difference!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlFDkwqLLo

Big clue - which one is adding a tier to an existing stand and which is having to demolish an asbestos-ridden relic and replace it with a completely different seating structure.

At the end of the day, all that will be delivered on time is their stupid glass curtain and they will be as happy as larry about it!

magpie1892
15-06-2017, 07:58 PM
What are they hiding?

GGTTH

That the Wheatfield and Roseburn have now reached and breached the 20-year lifespan they were designed for and it's a case of move or improve? The former's now obviously out, so there's a bit of a conundrum there...

jacomo
15-06-2017, 08:09 PM
That the Wheatfield and Roseburn have now reached and breached the 20-year lifespan they were designed for and it's a case of move or improve? The former's now obviously out, so there's a bit of a conundrum there...

:agree:

Tynecastle was always built on the cheap it seems.

John_HFC
15-06-2017, 08:29 PM
How is the building of the nursery within the main stand going? Not meant to be ready for well into next year. The hospitality facilities are getting built first. They will then beg their fans for more money.

StevieT
15-06-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed either here or elsewhere but what happens if the new stand is delayed and the SPFL tell them that they need to play home games in front of a reduced capacity? If you have bought a season ticket for the new stand, at a hugely inflated price, and the new stand isn't ready do you need to sit in one of the decrepit stands? Are you due a refund (not that they would ever ask for one mind you)?

magpie1892
15-06-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed either here or elsewhere but what happens if the new stand is delayed and the SPFL tell them that they need to play home games in front of a reduced capacity? If you have bought a season ticket for the new stand, at a hugely inflated price, and the new stand isn't ready do you need to sit in one of the decrepit stands? Are you due a refund (not that they would ever ask for one mind you)?

I've been told from two independent sources that work is on schedule. They play a 'three stand' friendly against NUFC on July 14, then have dispensation for one home game and two betfred games in the 'three stand' ground.

If they over-run, and have to play more competitive games in a ground with three stands, then neither the SFL or the SPFL will give them any grief because they are at least trying to improve the place.

So good on them, in a perverse sort of way. Football-wise, they will not see us for dust.

Kato
15-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Was told today that the finished capacity will be 1,875.

jacomo
15-06-2017, 09:54 PM
I've been told from two independent sources that work is on schedule. They play a 'three stand' friendly against NUFC on July 14, then have dispensation for one home game and two betfred games in the 'three stand' ground.

If they over-run, and have to play more competitive games in a ground with three stands, then neither the SFL or the SPFL will give them any grief because they are at least trying to improve the place.

So good on them, in a perverse sort of way. Football-wise, they will not see us for dust.

The Famous 3 stand friendly.

Once again our neighbours go where others can only dream.

Except Falkirk.

magpie1892
15-06-2017, 10:03 PM

I'll let you know how it goes.

Kato
15-06-2017, 11:19 PM
I'll let you know how it goes.

Great gig for you, bud. Wangle a job backstage. Drop the Falkirkesque gag in your copy.

MyJo
15-06-2017, 11:24 PM
It's ok because with the millions of pounds they are going to have available after getting decent transfer fees for the in-demand players they have in thier team as well as the well structured, interest free debt they are paying back at an affordable rate they will be able to fill in the corners of thier stadium to increase the capacity waaaay above what we have..................oh wait

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2017, 01:25 AM
The ground will always look shabby as those tramps will be running around skips to find the materials to finish it.

greenginger
16-06-2017, 03:49 AM
Sorry, I made an error back in post 6 when I said there were 5400 season tickets available in the new stand . Hearts own figure is 5115 published back April.

They have now published details of the executive seats and lounges. They have another 810 seats linked to five lounges and a further 62 seats in private boxes.

I make that a total capacity of 5987 for the new stand and added to the capacity of the other three stands of 12,809 gives a total ground capacity of 18,796.

All the figures I have used have been published by Hearts themselves but I doubt anyone at the PBS will be doing the addition and telling the media .

It would cost them a lot of direct debits to FoH who , after all , will be paying the for the Budge folly.

GlesgaeHibby
16-06-2017, 04:04 AM
Sorry, I made an error back in post 6 when I said there were 5400 season tickets available in the new stand . Hearts on figure is 5115 published back April.

They have now published details of the executive seats and lounges. They have another 810 seats linked to five lounges and a further 62 seats in private boxes.

I make that a total capacity of 5987 for the new stand and added to the capacity of the other three stands of 12,809 gives a total ground capacity of 18,796.

All the figures I have used have been published by Hearts themselves but I doubt anyone at the PBS will be doing the addition and telling the media .

It would cost them a lot of direct debits to FoH who after all will be paying the for the Budge folly.

The yams on bokeback reckon it has 37 rows. With 7 sections of 28 and 2 sections of 6 that would give a capacity of 7,696 before taking into account tunnel, dugouts, exec seating etc. May just hit the 20k mark.

Deansy
16-06-2017, 05:28 AM
Sorry, I made an error back in post 6 when I said there were 5400 season tickets available in the new stand . Hearts own figure is 5115 published back April.

It would cost them a lot of direct debits to FoH who , after all , will be paying the for the Budge folly.

'Budge folly' soon to be known as the 'Tiny-Tyney' ??

ian cruise
16-06-2017, 06:49 AM

Once again our neighbours go where others can only dream.

Except Falkirk.

What about Caley, or does watching from the bridge count as the forth stand?

Marco G
16-06-2017, 07:18 AM
The yams on bokeback reckon it has 37 rows. With 7 sections of 28 and 2 sections of 6 that would give a capacity of 7,696 before taking into account tunnel, dugouts, exec seating etc. May just hit the 20k mark.
And yet today's Scotsman, in the article about John Soutar, talks about the new 7200 capacity main stand!
Guess we will only know once it is built. Am happy that I can sit in the same seat at Easter Road season after season in comfort. Then when I am at Tynecastle the contrast with the poor quality of the current stands is so obvious. Sounds like there will be issues with the new one as well, but that's what happens when you are trying to shoehorn it in to a restricted size of ground.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 07:57 AM
They are publishing a seating plan today so I'm sure the dot counters can get to work.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Family yam reckons that the rumours are it will be "around 20,000 probably less than Easter Road but not bothered as the seating will be better standard"

He doesn't know how it will be but he won't be affected as he says he reckons it will be too expensive for him to go this year.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Family yam reckons that the rumours are it will be "around 20,000 probably less than Easter Road but not bothered as the seating will be better standard"

He doesn't know how it will be but he won't be affected as he says he reckons it will be too expensive for him to go this year.

And we already know that the seats are a lot smaller than ours.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 09:39 AM
A yam on kickback has done a dot count now that the seat plan is out.

----------------
Got my computer to count the dots on eTicketing:

Section N

Lower: 244
Upper: 898

Section P

Lower: 280
Upper: 473

Section Q

Upper: 557

Premium Middle

Upper: 225

Section R

Lower: 180
Upper: 633

Section S

Upper: 500

Section T

Lower: 310

Total eTicketing dots: 5758

Hospitality is another 810 seats, so that brings the total to 6568.

Throw in the other three stands and it is 19,377.

Presumably the director seats etc will bring the total to over 20,000.
-----------------

Crazyhorse
16-06-2017, 09:44 AM
And yet today's Scotsman, in the article about John Soutar, talks about the new 7200 capacity main stand!
Guess we will only know once it is built. Am happy that I can sit in the same seat at Easter Road season after season in comfort. Then when I am at Tynecastle the contrast with the poor quality of the current stands is so obvious. Sounds like there will be issues with the new one as well, but that's what happens when you are trying to shoehorn it in to a restricted size of ground.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

If you take the 7,200 as true you get a capacity of 19,788. However as others have noted it will probably be revised downwards. That is what happened with the other stands due to space restrictions.

tamig
16-06-2017, 11:43 AM
They do have an amazing capacity for collective avoidance, don't they.

Not a murmer about financing the new stand and the affect it will have on player recruitment. The collective opinion is that they will make some big signings which will result in 15k ST sales.

They are absolutely pleased as punch about the pics showing progress with their new stand when there actually isn't any. Anyone who casts doubts is a hobo plain and simple.

Their club has managed to implement an *rse about t*t version of the Liverpool main stand which they were supposed to be emulating - have a look and see the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II118auUJA0

and the end of the following timelapse (world of difference!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlFDkwqLLo

Big clue - which one is adding a tier to an existing stand and which is having to demolish an asbestos-ridden relic and replace it with a completely different seating structure.

At the end of the day, all that will be delivered on time is their stupid glass curtain and they will be as happy as larry about it!

Arse about face is a fine way to describe their approach. Big difference between tiny and Anfield is that the Liverpool guys have inside access from the pitch. They seem to be doing everything to try and avoid having to use their new playing surface.

Jack
16-06-2017, 11:57 AM

----------------

Section N

Section P

Section Q

Premium Middle

Section R

Section S

Section T

-----------------

I wonder if when the other 3 stands were 'thrown in' it took account of the reduced seating as a result of wee bits and bobs.

adhibs
16-06-2017, 12:36 PM

----------------

Section N

Section P

Section Q

Premium Middle

Section R

Section S

Section T

-----------------

So 800 hospitality seats and another 700 for directors by his reasoning. Surely not, would imagine the directors seats being for 100 max.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 12:37 PM
So 800 hospitality seats and another 700 for directors by his reasoning. Surely not, would imagine the directors seats being for 100 max.

I imagine the directors seats will be among the 810 exec seats?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Sure we had like 20,200 odd at the Replay this year and thats about 150-200 off our max capacity. So even if the Jambos sold out their entire new allocation it will never be as much as us. But they're the big team remember 😭👍🏻

adhibs
16-06-2017, 12:45 PM
I imagine the directors seats will be among the 810 exec seats?

Would make sense. So there still about 1000 short of our capacity. I wonder how theyl explain the drop from the expected over 20k.

Crazyhorse
16-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Would make sense. So there still about 1000 short of our capacity. I wonder how theyl explain the drop from the expected over 20k.

They will do their best to avoid explaining it.

However I think we shouldn't be churlish, when finished Tiny will be one of the best sub 20k stadiums in Scotland. It will be almost as good as Rugby Park for example.

Green Blood
16-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Surely to allow all of their 400,000 fans a chance to watch the "famous" they should ditch season ticket sales, ban away fans and free up capacity so each fan can see one home game per season.

Whatever the capacity of the polished turd bowl, it still is the largest bus shelter in the world, ratified I am sure by Guinness Book of World Records.

Keith_M
16-06-2017, 02:24 PM
They will do their best to avoid explaining it.

However I think we shouldn't be churlish, when finished Tiny will be one one the best sub 20k stadiums in Scotland. It will be almost as good as Rugby Park for example.

Wouldn't it be funny if the capacity was actually smaller than Rugby Park as well...

magpie1892
16-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Great gig for you, bud. Wangle a job backstage. Drop the Falkirkesque gag in your copy.

LOL. I'm not sure it will travel!

Aldo
16-06-2017, 05:38 PM
A yam on kickback has done a dot count now that the seat plan is out. ---------------- Got my computer to count the dots on eTicketing: Section N Lower: 244 Upper: 898 Section P Lower: 280 Upper: 473 Section Q Lower: 280 Upper: 557 Premium Middle Upper: 225 Section R Lower: 180 Upper: 633 Section S Lower: 280 Upper: 500 Section T Lower: 310 Upper: 898 Total eTicketing dots: 5758 Hospitality is another 810 seats, so that brings the total to 6568. Throw in the other three stands and it is 19,377. Presumably the director seats etc will bring the total to over 20,000. ----------------- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality absolute Quailty Ozy!!

The hordes will not be happy!

12 million plus for a single tier stand which will hold less than 20K.

That a helluva lot of dosh for an extra 2500 seats. BOOM!!

Kato
16-06-2017, 06:05 PM
We won't know the capacity until the jobs complete. Going by where I sat at Saints semi they'll be cramming in extra singles and doubles in any old nook and crannie. The odd stool, bean-bag and pouffe here and there chucked wherever they think those will go for them.

Kato
16-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Quality absolute Quailty Ozy!!

The hordes will not be happy!

12 million plus for a single tier stand which will hold less than 20K.

That a helluva lot of dosh for an extra 2500 seats. BOOM!!

How many Directors seats are there at ER? Even 500 sounds like quite a lot. Of course they might need more given half the EC will be stuffing their mouies with chips down there every second week.

Aldo
16-06-2017, 06:19 PM
How many Directors seats are there at ER? Even 500 sounds like quite a lot. Of course they might need more given half the EC will be stuffing their mouies with chips down there every second week.

Not sure but wouldn't suspect there are that many!!! Not 810 (ish) anyway!!

greenginger
16-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Most of the 810 Yam lounge dwellers are allocated seats in the Platinum section . The Sky loungers seem to have separate section behind the directors box.

Its detailed on the Hearts web page but per usual it is very complex.

It also quotes prices for season membership of the lounges and goes on to say they will not be available until next January. :confused:

Aldo
16-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Most of the 810 Yam lounge dwellers are allocated seats in the Platinum section . The Sky loungers seem to have separate section behind the directors box. Its detailed on the Hearts web page but per usual it is very complex. It also quotes prices for season membership of the lounges and goes on to say they will not be available until next January. :confused:

Wonder why they would delay the use of these lounges??

Money issues I would suggest!!

Pleasing all the same though!! I wonder when the penny will drop over PBS way?

southern hibby
16-06-2017, 07:49 PM

Would imagine there would be enough for Edinburgh Councillors and guests.

GGTTH

Aldo
16-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Would imagine there would be enough for Edinburgh Councillors and guests.

GGTTH

Ah yes there would!!

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Wonder why they would delay the use of these lounges??

Money issues I would suggest!!

Pleasing all the same though!! I wonder when the penny will drop over PBS way?

Use? They are not first in line to get fitted out. Changing rooms for the teams and toilets for the cave dwellers have to be done first.

Aldo
16-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Use? They are not first in line to get fitted out. Changing rooms for the teams and toilets for the cave dwellers have to be done first.

O yes I forgot about that!!

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 08:19 PM
O yes I forgot about that!!

Easily done. Big teams do it. It's not really for the likes of us :faf:

Aldo
16-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Easily done. Big teams do it. It's not really for the likes of us :faf:

Indeed we don't!

PatHead
16-06-2017, 10:22 PM
So it is tiny then.

----------------

Section N

Section P

Section Q

Premium Middle

Section R

Section S

Section T

-----------------

Hfcwilson3192
16-06-2017, 10:58 PM
It'll no matter what they're capacity is as they'll still say they're ****hole holds more than the holy ground. They are the scientologists of world football.

Aldo
17-06-2017, 07:23 AM
It'll no matter what they're capacity is as they'll still say they're ****hole holds more than the holy ground. They are the scientologists of world football.

For me it will matter to them and to them big time. Spending all that money to increase the capacity by only a couple of thousand and with a smaller capacity than us.

Scott Wilson will be spewing following his comments about having a bigger stadium!!

All very pleasing!!

Ozyhibby
17-06-2017, 07:48 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170617/073327d900cebb19e6e4bb02d55c4a1f.png
Seat plan for their new stand minus the premium seats.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 08:11 AM
When the clown show finally ends and a structure is finally up they will presumably insure it - yes I know it's the poppy thieves - when they do they have to disclose the true capacity for public liability cover at least.

I'm sure it will leak out but in the end it will be possible to truly count if they ever fit the rest out just add that into what has already been disclosed above. Won't be extra thousands though.

iwasthere1972
17-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Scott Wilson will be spewing following his comments about having a bigger stadium!!

Didn't know that but not surprised. Any link to his comments.

He lived in the same neighbourhood as me when I was growing up and I'm sure his hoose was bigger than mine.

Aldo
17-06-2017, 08:21 AM
It was posted on here at end of season. Someone may be able to provide the quote!!

magpie1892
17-06-2017, 08:57 AM

It's just a guestimate but they're right in front of the press seats and I'd say there's about 140-150 seats for directors/sponsors/girlfriends/family/etc.

Sioux
17-06-2017, 09:16 AM
In case you didn't know the new stand will have Wifi, and you can get a phone signal.

Well F me old boots! We really are the wee team. 'Wifi n fone signals n that'! Quite why they (fans) need to get the trumpets and streamers out for that is classic yam behaviour.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 09:22 AM
In case you didn't know the new stand will have Wifi, and you can get a phone signal.

Well F me old boots! We really are the wee team. 'Wifi n fone signals n that'! Quite why they (fans) need to get the trumpets and streamers out for that is classic yam behaviour.

If you can use the wifi to order this chip thing they've discovered then I fear for the rest of Scottish football. We'll never keep up.

I hear they are going to be the first club in Scotland to take advantage of a Mr Thomas Crapper's new invention the flushing water closet as well.

magpie1892
17-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Um... our main stand has WiFi (password protected, to be fair) and has done for about six years.

AngloHibs
17-06-2017, 01:11 PM
I think we're in danger of being obsessed about them being obsessed with us.
Hearts fans that I know aren't bothered about about capacity relative to us. They're just happy to finally have 4 matching stands to form a proper arena.
Anyway, our bigger ground only gives us kudos if we can regularly sell all our tickets, otherwise it just means we have more unsold seats than them.

Aldo
17-06-2017, 01:43 PM
I think we're in danger of being obsessed about them being obsessed with us. Hearts fans that I know aren't bothered about about capacity relative to us. They're just happy to finally have 4 matching stands to form a proper arena. Anyway, our bigger ground only gives us kudos if we can regularly sell all our tickets, otherwise it just means we have more unsold seats than them.

Eh!

Are the really. I know plenty of yams who all think their new mega stand will bring their capacity beyond ours! When they a usually find out they will not be happy!

I want us to be better than them in every single way!

Even when we play them I want to win everything!

AngloHibs
17-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Eh!

Are the really. I know plenty of yams who all think their new mega stand will bring their capacity beyond ours! When they a usually find out they will not be happy!

I want us to be better than them in every single way!

Even when we play them I want to win everything!

Fair dos. I'm English, so I don't know all that many Hearts fans (I don't know too many other Hibs fans either, to be honest).
It will be good to finally do our talking on the pitch again, as it feels like ages since we finished the season above them. Even when they had the points deduction Terry Butcher managed to muck things up and actually win fewer points than they won.

Keith_M
17-06-2017, 02:28 PM

Seeing as we're using rough guesses to calculate the new Yam Stand's capacity, here's my uneducated calculations

The new Yam Stand has 37 rows and, if your figures are correct, there are 208 seats in each row.

Hibs Main Stand has 34 rows (16 upper, 18 lower) and a capacity of 6,100

So, that's 3 rows more, three times 208, so 624 seats.

Add the 624 seats to the capacity of Hibs Main stand and you get 6,724

Add that figure to the capacities of their other stands and it makes their stadium capacity roughly 19,300

A very rough estimate but there you go. :greengrin

greenginger
17-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Seeing as we're using rough guesses to calculate the new Yam Stand's capacity, here's my uneducated calculations

The new Yam Stand has 37 rows and, if your figures are correct, there are 208 seats in each row.

Hibs Main Stand has 34 rows (16 upper, 18 lower) and a capacity of 6,100

So, that's 3 rows more, three times 208, so 624 seats.

Add the 624 seats to the capacity of Hibs Main stand and you get 6,724

Add that figure to the capacities of their other stands and it makes their stadium capacity roughly 19,300

A very rough estimate but there you go. :greengrin

Hibs stand has 218 seats per row, the wing sections are 11 seats wide because of our longer pitch.

Their new stand also has a chunk of seats missing from the bottom section adjacent to the Roseburn Stand for a vechicle access, about 100 seats less there.

I don't think their new stand will have many more than our West.

Keith_M
17-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Hibs stand has 218 seats per row, the wing sections are 11 seats wide because of our longer pitch.

Their new stand also has a chunk of seats missing from the bottom section adjacent to the Roseburn Stand for a vechicle access, about 100 seats less there.

I don't think their new stand will have many more than our West.

Fake News. SAD!

green day
17-06-2017, 04:04 PM
They must know its smaller already. We all know the Jambo is a blowhard, maroon cardigan wearing radge with serious jealousy issues (Scott Wilson?).

If it was even one seat larger, they would be using that in their ST campaign.

Case closed.

connerg
17-06-2017, 04:26 PM
They must know its smaller already. We all know the Jambo is a blowhard, maroon cardigan wearing radge with serious jealousy issues (Scott Wilson?).

If it was even one seat larger, they would be using that in their ST campaign.

Case closed.

They'd be screaming about it and giving us all that "wee team" rubbish.

Looks like the laugh's on them. Tiny(Tynie) has a new meaning now. :greengrin

connerg
17-06-2017, 04:53 PM
I think we're in danger of being obsessed about them being obsessed with us.
Hearts fans that I know aren't bothered about about capacity relative to us. They're just happy to finally have 4 matching stands to form a proper arena.
Anyway, our bigger ground only gives us kudos if we can regularly sell all our tickets, otherwise it just means we have more unsold seats than them.

I think you've been taken in by them. They are spewing about it.

Have they told you they wanted us to win the Scottish Cup too?

Pete
17-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Fair dos. I'm English, so I don't know all that many Hearts fans (I don't know too many other Hibs fans either, to be honest).
It will be good to finally do our talking on the pitch again, as it feels like ages since we finished the season above them. Even when they had the points deduction Terry Butcher managed to muck things up and actually win fewer points than they won.

Thanks for that closing sentence. Good to see Captain feelgood has finally joined the board. ;-)

As for your yam mates, the only reason they aren't going on about capacity is that they are pretty sure their stadium will be smaller. If they were certain it would have even one more seat than ours they would be guffawing and bragging constantly.

CapitalGreen
17-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Hearts are retaining their police command box in the corner between their Main stand and Gorgie stand. This means there is a number of seats at that furthest end of the main stand which won't be able to see the goals.

You can see where the police box is from the gap on the far bottom left of the seating plan. You can then see that there are seats greyed out from this gap back towards to top corner at an angle. These seats haven't been sold, they are being withheld from sale as folk sitting there won't be able to see the goals.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170617/073327d900cebb19e6e4bb02d55c4a1f.png

SirDavidsNapper
17-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Make no bones about it. Hearts fans are spewing their new stadium is smaller than ours. If it was bigger could you imagine the piss taking? I find it hilarious.

Pete
17-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Hearts are retaining their police command box in the corner between their Main stand and Gorgie stand. This means there is a number of seats at that furthest end of the main stand which won't be able to see the goals.

You can see where the police box is from the gap on the far bottom left of the seating plan. You can then see that there are seats greyed out from this gap back towards to top corner at an angle. These seats haven't been sold, they are being withheld from sale as folk sitting there won't be able to see the goals.

I very much doubt that anyone would build a modern stand with any seats that couldn't see the goals.

...or maybe there won't be goalposts. :hmmm:

greenginger
17-06-2017, 05:47 PM

That gap is at Roseburn Stand end and is for vechicle access on to the pitch. It is shown on the planning drawings and takes away about 100 seats.

Is It On....
17-06-2017, 06:28 PM

"muck things up" is being exceptionally charitable to "the butcher"..

jacomo
17-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Whatever it is it will still be smaller and inferior to Easter Road.
:flag:

Tiny.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Thanks for that closing sentence. Good to see Captain feelgood has finally joined the board. ;-)

As for your yam mates, the only reason they aren't going on about capacity is that they are pretty sure their stadium will be smaller. If they were certain it would have even one more seat than ours they would be guffawing and bragging constantly.
[emoji106]

Never knew there were any hibbies in Angola. Got to cut them some slack when it comes to understanding what matters to the Midlothians and how much they're hurting.

SuperAllyMcleod
17-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Um... our main stand has WiFi (password protected, to be fair) and has done for about six years.

I went to the open day last year and the password for the press wi-if was on a piece of paper stuck to the wall. I duly took a note of it for the coming season [emoji3]

Unfortunately the wi-if range didn't extend as far as the back of the East Stand!

As for the new stand at the PBS, well I'm jealous - I'm not sure why I'm jealous but my Jambo mates tell me I am, so I must be! I think it's because they have increased the cost of tickets in the other stands due to 'enhanced facilities' - I can only assume that means they no longer need to look at an eyesore. [emoji4]

Jack
17-06-2017, 08:04 PM

These seats could be in demand when we play them. They'll not see the goals as we pump them first and second half! Indeed Cathro might take the goal posts away completely and claim a draw!

AngloHibs
17-06-2017, 09:01 PM
[emoji106]

Never knew there were any hibbies in Angola. Got to cut them some slack when it comes to understanding what matters to the Midlothians and how much they're hurting.

Angola?

AngloHibs
17-06-2017, 09:09 PM

Captain Feelgood? I said I'm looking forward to finally finishing a league season above Hearts, so that we can put this "wee team" rubbish to bed for the first time in ages. I know we've dominated them in cup games recently, but they've still been able to chuck the "3 years in a part time league" stuff back at us. This time next year, hopefully, they will look at the league table and have nothing.

CapitalGreen
17-06-2017, 09:10 PM
That gap is at Roseburn Stand end and is for vechicle access on to the pitch. It is shown on the planning drawings and takes away about 100 seats.

There is also a gap at the Gorgie end (smaller than that at the Roseburn end). This is to accommodate the police control box staying in place, which is also on the planning drawings. Try and buy a seat behind this police box, you won't be able to as you cannot see the pitch.

https://s13.postimg.org/a358p996f/222.png

Bostonhibby
17-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Angola?

Even further away than England.

Which could account for missing out on how big an issue the wee pitch wee capacity and wee stadium thing is for the thieves?

Dunno?

Angola?

Captain Trips
17-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Should it not be 1m capacity so everyone with a badge can get in.

AngloHibs
17-06-2017, 10:53 PM
I've not really made myself clear on this thread, and I apologise.
I want Hibs to do really well this season, so well that our crowds are regularly close to capacity and we have more money to put into the club, so that we can be even more successful in the future.
If that happens, then fantastic! But if it doesn't happen, then all this chat about having more seats than another club is irrelevant, and makes us look obsessed. There's no point in having more seats unless there are bums on them.

RyeSloan
17-06-2017, 11:15 PM
I've not really made myself clear on this thread, and I apologise.
I want Hibs to do really well this season, so well that our crowds are regularly close to capacity and we have more money to put into the club, so that we can be even more successful in the future.
If that happens, then fantastic! But if it doesn't happen, then all this chat about having more seats than another club is irrelevant, and makes us look obsessed. There's no point in having more seats unless there are bums on them.

I think you are talking this a bit too seriously!

It's close season, nothing else to do but speculate on signings that won't happen and have a laugh at our maroonic neighbours and their new Tiny Tynie [emoji23]

livi hibs 1875
17-06-2017, 11:32 PM
I think you are talking this a bit too seriously!

It's close season, nothing else to do but speculate on signings that won't happen and have a laugh at our maroonic neighbours and their new Tiny Tynie [emoji23]
Lol had a wee chuckle there. tiny tynie so small they named it twice.

famousfife
18-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Make no bones about it. Hearts fans are spewing their new stadium is smaller than ours. If it was bigger could you imagine the piss taking? I find it hilarious.
Have too correct you there, it's not a stadium anymore, there reverting back to a park because they are obviously embarrassed too call their Tynie pink shed a stadium.

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2017, 02:03 AM
Dinky little teensy tiney toy town peasants with their tinny little box.

FilipinoHibs
18-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Remember too that seats in the new stand are purely hypothetical. It's a wish but not yet reality.

GreenCastle
18-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Tiny Tynie - that will stick.

Drove past the stadium the other day and expected it to be a bigger structure.

The depth is deeper than previous but the stand itself is same height (not as tall as Hibs east or west stands).

This new glass curtain is going to be interesting to see how they maintain as with Scottish weather it won't stay clean for long so constant cleaning for that plus the sun shining onto it will make it a greenhouse inside - I assume AC and blinds (which will look ugly) will help.

The odd bit of the new stand will be both end sections. The police box blocking views at one end and the tractor entrance at the other end.

I want to know if they have provided more leg room as having sat in all parts of the stadium that was seriously lacking and felt uncomfortable. Surely new stand will have more leg room for cooperates etc. But wouldn't count on it as they try and squeeze everyone in!

Remember ER can still be developed while this is it for Tiny Tynie.

Keith_M
18-06-2017, 01:11 PM

The depth is deeper than previous but the stand itself is same height (not as tall as Hibs east or west stands).

The East stand s bigger than the West, so maybe it's somewhere between the two.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 05:41 AM
I can see a "you're not very big" chant becoming fashionable at our next visit to Tineycastle.

That would really annoy them.

Deansy
19-06-2017, 06:08 AM
I can see a "you're not very big" chant becoming fashionable at our next visit to Tineycastle.

That would really annoy them.

Or 'Tiny-Tyney - Tiny-Tyney' ??

grunt
19-06-2017, 03:40 PM
They've just released for sale "Premium Seat" season tickets in the middle of the main stand.
£695, wider seats, one invite to the Directors' suite per season.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5987

hibbie02
19-06-2017, 03:46 PM
They've just released for sale "Premium Seat" season tickets in the middle of the main stand.

Do the Premium Seats face away from the pitch? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
19-06-2017, 03:53 PM

And only 250 of them? Wasn't there meant to be 810?

greenginger
19-06-2017, 04:12 PM
And only 250 of them? Wasn't there meant to be 810?

The 810 were seats that gave access to their various lounges and cost £1500 - £2500.

They only get platinum grade seats amongst the plebs.

tamig
19-06-2017, 04:24 PM
The 810 were seats that gave access to their various lounges and cost £1500 - £2500.

They only get platinum grade seats amongst the plebs.

I take it these plusher seats will be about the same width as our standard seats?

Topographic Hibby
19-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Required because of the availability of chips, perhaps?

Keith_M
19-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Premium Seats.

Why does that make me think of their Upper and Lower Tier seats... in a Single Tier stand.

Super_JMcGinn
19-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Or 'Tiny-Tyney - Tiny-Tyney' ??

Or to the chorus of soley soley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm_bhJ7-ddA

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2017, 11:03 PM
The size thing will hurt them badly as a support.

jgl07
19-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Premium Seats.

Why does that make me think of their Upper and Lower Tier seats... in a Single Tier stand.

Not from the drawings I saw when the thing was proposed. The Upper Tier is currently under construction. The Lower Tier can only start when the old Main Stand is demolished/falls down.

It may appear to be a single tier but it is being constructed as two tiers.

Captain Trips
19-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Not from the drawings I saw when the thing was proposed. The Upper Tier is currently under construction. The Lower Tier can only start when the old Main Stand is demolished/falls down.

It may appear to be a single tier but it is being constructed as two tiers.

There will be tears alright.

Hibbycol
20-06-2017, 12:25 AM
I don't want to hijack the thread but about the 'wee team' big team fixation that spews from the moo-ruin hoards , have they never twigged that and I quote " away up in groggie at tiny tiny castle park THERE'S A WEE FITBA TEAM THAT IS KNOWN AS" err them ! . THEY SING ABOUT BEING THEE WEE TEAM !!!! , for the last 50 YEARS , is that not quite ironic ha ha . sorry for hijacking but I point this out to EVERY ****my bow Strongbow follower I have the misfortune to meet, and when the penny drops ( singing their stupid song in their heads) you know when they get to the "WEE FITBA TEAM " bit , it's just priceless. Again sorry for thread hijack but thought I would share.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GreenLake
20-06-2017, 03:12 AM
It's just a modern version of a pig shelter with seats and an indoor/outdoor feel.

dchibs
20-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Noticed they where saying that season tickets were hitting 13k mark, and if this continues they will have to fill in there corners or put another tier on the wheatfield stand, I thought it wasn't possible for them to fill in the corners.

ian cruise
20-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Noticed they where saying that season tickets were hitting 13k mark, and if this continues they will have to fill in there corners or put another tier on the wheatfield stand, I thought it wasn't possible for them to fill in the corners.

I'm not even sure how they'd fund another tier or filling in the corners, they haven't got the funding to complete the one they have started building. Additionally an increase in season tickets doesn't necessarily translate in to bigger crowds over the season as there's a good chance the new season ticket holders were previously walk ups. It's only at the end of the season when you measure actual demand can you tell whether expansion is needed, and probably more than one seasons figures before you commit.

Saying that's, it is Hearts so why let common sense dictate their actions, wait a minute while I get some popcorn.

Kato
20-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Fill in the corners and watch the game through the floodlight supports which also hold all the stands up? Hope they go ahead with that one.

tamig
20-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Fill in the corners and watch the game through the floodlight supports which also hold all the stands up? Hope they go ahead with that one.

Exactly. Their corners are the supports for the stand roofs. Nothing can go in there. They don't seem to think much over there.

Kato
20-06-2017, 08:48 AM
They don't seem to think much over there.

Blabbermouths, open their gobs and let their belly rip.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-06-2017, 09:16 AM
If you can use the wifi to order this chip thing they've discovered then I fear for the rest of Scottish football. We'll never keep up.

I always wondered why that new fangled Chip and Pin thing was invented.

Kato
20-06-2017, 10:19 AM
To the point of this thread. Does anyone have an exact number to put on their capacity? Even a ballpark exact number?

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2017, 10:22 AM
To the point of this thread. Does anyone have an exact number to put on their capacity? Even a ballpark exact number?

It's Jambo 25,000 or 18,832.

Kato
20-06-2017, 10:26 AM
It's Jambo 25,000 or 18,832.

So, somewhere between those two numbers, thanks for that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-06-2017, 10:37 AM

I cannae believe we've got folk bothered enough to dot count on their website.

Kato
20-06-2017, 10:43 AM
I cannae believe we've got folk bothered enough to dot count on their website.

Ach, it's just a giggle, mate.

Was with a Hibby pal yesterday who works with some Jambos regularly. Said Jambos are wetting themselves as they think the capacity is going to bigger than ours and are going on about it on and off to him. If it was then, to me, that's just life, big deal. I informed my mate it isn't going to be, and he saw this the same as me - an opportunity to watch them wriggle and anguish over something that means the world to them. If it's under 19,000 they will be devastated.

magpie1892
20-06-2017, 10:48 AM
I went to the open day last year and the password for the press wi-if was on a piece of paper stuck to the wall. I duly took a note of it for the coming season [emoji3]

[emoji4]

Tut, tut. Yes, it's on the wall in the press lounge. The range in the main stand is quite limited. I think this is the idea. However, the press WiFi at St James' Park reaches the entire stadium so I always make a note of that the first game of the season I am in the press so that you can still get a signal at half-time when 52,000 people start trying to check their coupons online and the cell gets filled.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Is it true they ordered the wrong turnstiles and now need to raise more cash?

NAE NOOKIE
20-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I take it these plusher seats will be about the same width as our standard seats?

I would guess so .... its pretty obvious when you go to the Wongadome that their seats are narrower than Easter Road's, not to mention there is clearly less leg room .... they currently have a 15,000 capacity 'stadium' made to accommodate 16,700 or so by fitting it out with the narrowest seats they can get away with.

Perhaps these 'posh' seats in the new mega stand should be advertised as 'The Easter Road experience' :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2017, 11:35 AM
So, somewhere between those two numbers, thanks for that.

Yes, but far closer to the second than the first.

Sergey
20-06-2017, 11:43 AM

The capacity is supposedly 20,099 - at least that's what I read somewhere.

Kato
20-06-2017, 11:45 AM
- at least that's what I read somewhere.

Which is why I was asking for a more truthful figure.

Sergey
20-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Which is why I was asking for a more truthful figure.

Ah - I see what you're getting at now :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
20-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Don't know exactly but Scott Wilson says it's going to be the biggest football stadium in Edinburgh

Sioux
20-06-2017, 12:02 PM
There's a thread over the road comparing the new stand with Anfield. It's getting f*****g mental!

"the new stand at Liverpool is an ugly, red brick giant (IMO). It's a huge improvement on what they had previously but it is far from pretty.
I was in Edinburgh last week and went for a look at the new stand : I think we'll win aesthetically , hands down. It may not be bigger but it is far more imaginitive and better looking. "

"new stand (Anfield) is all about corporate and what money corporate money can bring in.
I now believe if the final finish and interior at Tynecastle Stadium are what we believe, the stand will be worth everything that supporters and senior management have put in to it and hopefully the future income will enable us to have a team that we all deserve."

Deansy
20-06-2017, 02:11 PM
There's a thread over the road comparing the new stand with Anfield. It's getting f*****g mental!

"the new stand at Liverpool is an ugly, red brick giant (IMO). It's a huge improvement on what they had previously but it is far from pretty.
I was in Edinburgh last week and went for a look at the new stand : I think we'll win aesthetically , hands down. It may not be bigger but it is far more imaginitive and better looking. "

"new stand (Anfield) is all about corporate and what money corporate money can bring in.
I now believe if the final finish and interior at Tynecastle Stadium are what we believe, the stand will be worth everything that supporters and senior management have put in to it and hopefully the future income will enable us to have a team that we all deserve.

Sorry Muppets but you are already well on the way to getting a team you all deserve - it's just not reached rock-bottom yet .................................. but it will ......................

Jack Hackett
20-06-2017, 07:20 PM

:
I now believe if the final finish and interior at Tynecastle Stadium are what we believe, the stand will be worth everything that supporters and senior management have put in to it and hopefully the future income will enable us to have a team that we all deserve."

Emmm... So it's done then :dunno:

I think someone is letting their 'imaginitive' run away with itself. :spammy:

Bostonhibby
20-06-2017, 07:48 PM

They don't have a clue what the final finish and interior will be. Dependent on whether the red coo is filled with notes, coins or something uniquely yammish.

A lot also rides on the auctions and the basic stupidity of the drones who are being asked to shell out for discount cards, guaranteed seats and all the other tricks the snake oil salesman are currently working on to raise cash for the fit out.

Have they given up on the "special relationship" with Liverpool already?

Kato
20-06-2017, 08:13 PM

SirDavidsNapper
20-06-2017, 08:18 PM

How can the yams compare the two? That artists impression of Tiny makes the new stand look really low. It must be quite deep.

Waxy
20-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Steamy windows........

Kato
20-06-2017, 08:30 PM
How can the yams compare the two?

Because, my friend, they are bams.

OxoHibby
20-06-2017, 09:31 PM
How can the yams compare the two? That artists impression of Tiny makes the new stand look really low. It must be quite deep.

But they've got windaes at the back. Some might even open to serve chips

tamig
21-06-2017, 10:12 PM

Latest pics from the hole today. The main block bolted on to the back of the stand where the glass curtain will proudly stand is fairly deep. Some glass already in there. I didn't get a pic of that though.

Bostonhibby
21-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Two John Robertson lounges in the bottom picture by the looks of it as well. Presumably the chips are sold through the window hole.

Hibee87
21-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Latest pics from the hole today. The main block bolted on to the back of the stand where the glass curtain will proudly stand is fairly deep. Some glass already in there. I didn't get a pic of that though.

Is that the terrace angle on your second pic at the top? Looks like it's going to be very steep

iwasthere1972
21-06-2017, 10:38 PM

Difficult to work out which is the new build and which is remnants from the Queen Victoria Shed.

Velma Dinkley
21-06-2017, 11:04 PM
The trees look nice. The rest is so bland it's hard to believe they actually had an architect involved at all.

tamig
21-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Is that the terrace angle on your second pic at the top? Looks like it's going to be very steep

Yes. The pitch of the seating deck looks pretty steep.

GreenLake
22-06-2017, 12:12 AM
It won't have a pool though - but I think we can say that's a good thing with their issues.

FilipinoHibs
22-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Seating finished by end August the news says. You're having a laugh even if they had the money.

Kato
22-06-2017, 12:27 AM
Where is the hotel going?

cabbageandribs1875
22-06-2017, 12:31 AM

i made the understandable mistake of looking at the first photo first and thought..Mmmm have to hand it to our pink chums that it does indeed look not too shabby at all

THEN i looked at the bottom one and saw the dark pink badge and reality hit :hilarious

CapitalGreen
22-06-2017, 02:47 PM
It must be galling for Hearts fans to think they were supposed to end up with the below 10,000 seater but are now just getting a replica of the Wheatfield Stand with some more expensive seats added.

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/images/jpgs/hearts_stadium_hmfc230108_2.jpg

Ozyhibby
22-06-2017, 03:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170622/47bb804deedd747c2a4f12857a0ae29a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170622/4d4a285f2e27f257b9da4858ccf725b4.jpg

tamig
22-06-2017, 03:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170622/47bb804deedd747c2a4f12857a0ae29a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170622/4d4a285f2e27f257b9da4858ccf725b4.jpg

Cracking pics. Did you get into the site or did someone take them for you? I popped by yesterday and a steward type guy took the pics for me. Did you see the birth of the beautiful curtain?

The guy told me demolition of the relic is expected to be complete by 15 July.

Ozyhibby
22-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Cracking pics. Did you get into the site or did someone take them for you? I popped by yesterday and a steward type guy took the pics for me. Did you see the birth of the beautiful curtain?

The guy told me demolition of the relic is expected to be complete by 15 July.

I lifted them from kickback.

iwasthere1972
22-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Where is the hotel going?

It's gone.

Bostonhibby
22-06-2017, 04:33 PM
It's gone.
So it's not the megasuperhotelstadium that the believers were drooling over when Vlad sent the pile of boxes full of plans to the council?

The council did a feasibility study and everything, where did it all go wrong?

Kato
22-06-2017, 04:51 PM
So it's not the megasuperhotelstadium that the believers were drooling over when Vlad sent the pile of boxes full of plans to the council?

The council did a feasibility study and everything, where did it all go wrong?

It went wrong when the council got involved. Oh, and Vlad and Hearts. Wonder how much the council spent on them for that nonsense.

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2017, 04:52 PM
It must be galling for Hearts fans to think they were supposed to end up with the below 10,000 seater but are now just getting a replica of the Wheatfield Stand with some more expensive seats added.

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/images/jpgs/hearts_stadium_hmfc230108_2.jpg

Stunning, absolutely stunning ............ The joke is that if they hadn't waited and waited and waited for all those years and allowed their club to be run by crooks and charlatans they could have had something like that instead of a stand out of page one of the 'basic stand' catalogue. Mercer had enough money to try and buy Hibs, but apparently not enough to improve the asbestos arena.

Shame :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
22-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Is their new stand single tier? And if so, am I right in saying they ripped into us for building a single tier stand? (A single tier stand that isn't even our main stand may I add)

iwasthere1972
22-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Is their new stand single tier? And if so, am I right in saying they ripped into us for building a single tier stand? (A single tier stand that isn't even our main stand may I add)

Don't forget that both the Gorgie and Roseburn Stands are single tier also but they like to call them lower and upper tiers and charge accordingly.

Bloody scoundrels.

Waxy
22-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Is their main stand a single tier job? Please tell me it is?

iwasthere1972
22-06-2017, 05:07 PM

:agree:

Fatty Foulkes claimed that when the new stand is finished it will give their stadium the finished look.

Just like their team it's had that finished look for years.

WoreTheGreen
22-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Did Foulkes bid for a bath because he sure could do with one

JeMeSouviens
22-06-2017, 05:11 PM

Looks like it ...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-raring-to-go-as-tynecastle-s-new-stand-approved-1-4256491

iwasthere1972
22-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Did Foulkes bid for a bath because he sure could do with one

Adapted it into a trough from what I've heard.

Hibs07p
22-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Looks like it ...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-raring-to-go-as-tynecastle-s-new-stand-approved-1-4256491

If that's an accurate reflection of the stand in that picture, it looks the front seats will be below pitch level.

GGTTH

Waxy
22-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Looks like it ...

Yes that looks like a single tier stand. They've taken a row of seats out a third of the way up to give it that two tier feel though.

Waxy
22-06-2017, 07:08 PM
The back of the stand looks like a 'greenhouse' and has a lovely green hedge surrounding it. The reality is it will all probably look pretty shabby very quickly.

GreenLake
22-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Looks like it ...

Wow! Look how steep the rake of that stand is. That tumbling jambo from a few years back better sit near the front.

It gives me vertigo just looking at it.

At least they won't need to worry about someones head being in the way. They could all wear their dunce's caps and still see the wee tatty patch.

Kato
22-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Wow! Look how steep the rake of that stand is. That tumbling jambo from a few years back better sit near the front.

It gives me vertigo just looking at it.

At least they won't need to worry about someones head being in the way. They could all wear their dunce's caps and still see the wee tatty patch.

Its the biggest rake in Scottish football though.

Ozyhibby
05-07-2017, 10:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/43e686d5dae7f1416dcb84a191d766e7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/76aa884e975aec85ee9f49535849c8df.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/33f570cd952da4da4223d3dbfa1cece5.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/05bd427007a82a21c720ceb431809b4b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170705/7a884b4a89fac688247f591b7f7f742c.jpg
Latest pics. Finishing and being ready to host Aberdeen in 9 weeks time is going to be quite some achievement.
And their new changing rooms look crap as well.

Hibby70
05-07-2017, 10:30 PM
That's a fire door being propped open in the last pic.

I'm phoning the council in the morning.

bruno
06-07-2017, 04:51 AM
Latest pics. Finishing and being ready to host Aberdeen in 9 weeks time is going to be quite some achievement.

That's the community pitch changing rooms under the wheatfield which are temporary for using until the new stands ones are ready

Waxy
06-07-2017, 05:45 AM
Youd think theyd still have to put foundations in under where the old stand was.

California-Hibs
06-07-2017, 06:06 AM
What a shambles, they'll never have a patch on how good Easter Road is

lyonhibs
06-07-2017, 06:16 AM
That's 2 tier in Jamboland. Just like when you get tickets for Roseburn "Upper" and "Lower" and all there is to separate these 2 tiers is a bloody walkway!!

Carheenlea
06-07-2017, 06:44 AM
That's the community pitch changing rooms under the wheatfield which are temporary for using until the new stands ones are ready

Haven't seen any pictures of the temporary tunnel and dug outs. Seems a lot of work for just a few games, but they will claw some of that back by selling the laminated dressing room door sign and other assortments.
Where do all the directors, guests and press go in this time? Have temporary facilities been provided for this as well? Would involve quite a few season holders getting moved would it not?
Looks a lot to be done in 9 weeks, but it can often be a surprise how quickly these things get thrown up.

LeithSqualk
06-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Look at all the steel in the structure. It looks like the rooms in their new hospitality areas will have metal supports through it every 10 meters or so. They really have went for the cheapest option. Scaffs

Libby Hibby
06-07-2017, 07:01 AM
If the majority is precast then it will take shape pretty quickly, after that the roof can go on but that doesn't really need to be finished for the deadline.

What could be a problem is the basic amenities being complete like toilets, disabled toilets, lighting and emergency lights, disabled access, fire alarms along with the complete fire strategy plan which are all warrantable items.

Also, it depends on how the building warrant has been submitted and if it has been suitably staged to allow a partial opening without the stand being fully complete in the corporate side.

I don't think CEC are issuing temporary inhabitation certs anymore so they may have to go for a full one which means they will have to have everything fully compliant and operational based on what has been submitted at warrant stage.

Peevemor
06-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Look at all the steel in the structure. It looks like the rooms in their new hospitality areas will have metal supports through it every 10 meters or so. They really have went for the cheapest option. Scaffs

What like Easter Road and any other stadium?

I'm all for taking a pop at the Merricks but... :rolleyes:

Libby Hibby
06-07-2017, 07:04 AM
What like Easter Road and any other stadium?

I'm all for taking a pop at the Merricks but... :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Steel frame and precast concrete is probably the make up of all modern stadiums in the last 20 years.

Peevemor
06-07-2017, 07:05 AM
If the majority is precast then it will take shape pretty quickly, after that the roof can go on but that doesn't really need to be finished for the deadline.

What could be a problem is the basic amenities being complete like toilets, disabled toilets, lighting and emergency lights, disabled access, fire alarms along with the complete fire strategy plan which are all warrantable items.

Also, it depends on how the building warrant has been submitted and if it has been suitably staged to allow a partial opening without the stand being fully complete in the corporate side.

I don't think CEC are issuing temporary inhabitation certs anymore so they may have to go for a full one which means they will have to have everything fully compliant and operational based on what has been submitted at warrant stage.

Unless they submit an Amendment of Warrant application to either introduce phasing or simply delete the unfinshed, non-essential areas.

Libby Hibby
06-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Unless they submit an Amendment of Warrant application to either introduce phasing or simply delete the unfinshed, non-essential areas.

That is correct but would it not depend on how the initial stages were submitted? Phased hand overs or mothballing areas for future development are common but would that not come under the 'temporary inhabitation' which the CEC are currently not issuing.

I don't think (could be wrong) an amendment to warrant can introduce or reduce building warrant stages once the initial plans have been submitted, more to be used for material changes and / or layout changes.

If the fit out of the stand was submitted as a whole and as a single stage then they may have an issue to gain a inhabitation certificate if sections of the stand are not fully are not complete from a warrant point of view.

Deansy
06-07-2017, 07:30 AM
What happened with the complaint (Building warrant ??) someone had raised with the council about the work being done at the PBS, it was about a month ago - no-one really knew what it was about or for ?

greenginger
06-07-2017, 08:18 AM
What happened with the complaint (Building warrant ??) someone had raised with the council about the work being done at the PBS, it was about a month ago - no-one really knew what it was about or for ?

The complaint was that they have not been issued with a Building Warrant to even start the stand construction. The conditions of the Planning Permission was that they were not meant to start work on the stand until the safety work to the North British Distillery was complete ( that has only just got passed by the planners )

The second rule break was with the work at the Wheatfield Stand. There is a Building warrant Issued for that work , but no completion certificate or certificate for partial occupation been issued but they have been using the ticket office, shop and offices for months without the necessary permission.

The complaint which was made at the beginning of March is " pending consideration " on the desk of planning officer David Givan.*

Our Council in the Yam pockets per usual.

* Apologies to Mr Givan , he was the planning officer who issued the planning permission, its a Brian Fleming who is meant to be dealing with the breach of conditions complaint.

Iain G
06-07-2017, 08:23 AM

So its not a cantilevered roof then and the steel truss and columns to the front are taking the load to the ground so you continue that cheap and cheerful look of the other stands with the big white trusses on show.

It just looks a bit naff...

bruno
06-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Haven't seen any pictures of the temporary tunnel and dug outs. Seems a lot of work for just a few games, but they will claw some of that back by selling the laminated dressing room door sign and other assortments.
Where do all the directors, guests and press go in this time? Have temporary facilities been provided for this as well? Would involve quite a few season holders getting moved would it not?
Looks a lot to be done in 9 weeks, but it can often be a surprise how quickly these things get thrown up.

These dressing rooms will remain in place for use by teams/coaching sessions using the community pitch. I think Hearts ladies will also use as their home

A link to the picture of the new temporary tunnel is below which involved the removal of some seats in the Wheatfield and therefore temporary movement for the season ticket holders affected

https://twitter.com/Matthias_Ward/status/882682665979326465

Moulin Yarns
06-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm looking at these photographs and looking at the rake of the new stand, and is it just me, or a trick of perspective, but is there enough room between the pitch and the stand for the seating to continue to ground level at the same angle? my impression is you won't see the near touchline from the seats at the back of the stand.

It must be a trick of the light!

greenginger
06-07-2017, 12:18 PM
These dressing rooms will remain in place for use by teams/coaching sessions using the community pitch. I think Hearts ladies will also use as their home

A link to the picture of the new temporary tunnel is below which involved the removal of some seats in the Wheatfield and therefore temporary movement for the season ticket holders affected

https://twitter.com/Matthias_Ward/status/882682665979326465

The planning conditions for the Wheatfield changing rooms are they get closed after the new stand is complete or maximum 3 years time.

http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/C81F0B4DED710F98860DF5D739CB10FD/pdf/16_01277_FUL-DECISION_NOTICE-3393226.pdf

Still they ignore all other planning conditions, so they will no doubt get to ignore this one as well.

Moulin Yarns
06-07-2017, 12:32 PM

1 The use of the building shall cease upon the completion and occupation of the redeveloped main stand (in the event that the main stand is redeveloped) or, in any event, by no later than 3 years from the date of the grant of planning permission

Reasons:-
1. In the interests of the health and safety of occupants of the building in relation to its proximity to the neighbouring major hazard site at the distillery.

Sioux
06-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Observation: Does the new structure look similar to Edinburgh Airport Terminal? To me it does, so can we have a new name to replace the PBS?

Maybe that would be plane stupid.

BSEJVT
06-07-2017, 03:57 PM
I think the PBS is a great and belittling name for that ****hole and is able to be proclaimed on any social occasion without causing other than the offence it is intended to cause. I.e. no bad or inappropriate language.

Leave it alone

GreenLake
06-07-2017, 04:17 PM

I have to laugh thinking a team that hasn't kicked a ball and nobody has heard of is building a stadium (https://lafc.com/live-lafc-stadium-cam/) that makes the Tynie look hilarious. They call themselves 'the famous'. :faf:

Ozyhibby
11-07-2017, 11:06 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/326e78f8f4ab144e9b963f6d73ed36cc.jpg
A pic taken this morning. 59 days till they play Aberdeen.

FilipinoHibs
11-07-2017, 11:09 AM

😀😀😀😀 They are having a laugh.

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 11:14 AM
(pic removed)

Can you possibly just install a webcam, so we can watch the progress?

:wink:

FWIW, while I think they're cutting it a bit fine as regards the deadline, I think the new stand will be a great improvement* on the previous structure.

* Although anything would be an improvement on that previous monstrosity.

Moulin Yarns
11-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Can you possibly just install a webcam, so we can watch the progress?

:wink:

FWIW, while I think they're cutting it a bit fine as regards the deadline, I think the new stand will be a great improvement* on the previous structure.

* Although anything would be an improvement on that previous monstrosity.

I had a look for one at a well know Webcam provider

http://www.camvista.com/webdir/Scotland-Live-Aerial-Map-Views/1000180.html?map_type=live&item_id=101147&lat=55.938939&lng=-3.232319&lvl=18&v=2&scene=28424232

:greengrin

GreenCastle
11-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Been following this thread and it's been a pretty hilarious read at times...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-wall-of-glass-almost-complete-updated/page-266

They were complaining about the type of glass being used...they were complaining about the stand looking like a 70's office block or the old building in front of the main stand. They reckon they will get Scotland games even though the pitch is too small and ER has a bigger capacity and better facilities.

They now have the issue of the Skyline Lounge not getting the full city / castle views as shown in the pictures before as the High School blocks the view :faf:

60 days and counting till the opening game v Aberdeen......someone is going to be putting in some long hours to make sure it's ready on time and also safe!!

greenginger
11-07-2017, 12:02 PM
A pic taken this morning. 59 days till they play Aberdee

They play Newcastle on Friday night and the visitors are meant to be in the Roseburn stand.

Aldo
11-07-2017, 12:08 PM
They play Newcastle on Friday night and the visitors are meant to be in the Roseburn stand.

If they can host a friendly they can play league games!

Springbank
11-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Been following this thread and it's been a pretty hilarious read at times...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-wall-of-glass-almost-complete-updated/page-266

They were complaining about the type of glass being used...they were complaining about the stand looking like a 70's office block or the old building in front of the main stand. They reckon they will get Scotland games even though the pitch is too small and ER has a bigger capacity and better facilities.

They now have the issue of the Skyline Lounge not getting the full city / castle views as shown in the pictures before as the High School blocks the view :faf:

60 days and counting till the opening game v Aberdeen......someone is going to be putting in some long hours to make sure it's ready on time and also safe!!

aHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA the views looking outwards from their new hospitality suite are hilarious.

So, from hospitality, you can't see the pitch (as the suite looks the wrong way) AND you can't see the castle.

All you CAN see is the High School and the (Ann) Budget insulation works of the balcony.

If anyone can repost here the images from that thread on sickback of (i) Hearts pre-application images of the castle skyline view and (ii) the *actual* shan view of the High School [no castle] they are well worth a giggle, to compare and contrast! Hearts fans have been taken for a ride here

Ozyhibby
11-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Artists impression
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/71abe41145efa8f75624ebf76bf6bced.png
Actual[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/0c479d769a3224cc5a3cd1642e1466de.jpg

Aldo
11-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Artists impression

That's priceless.

Alan62
11-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Haha. That's hilarious. As for timescales, still a lot of chat from folks close to the job that there is no chance it will be ready for the Aberdeen game.

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Artists impression

(removed)

Actual

TBF, I can actually make out the top of the Castle (I think), just at the right end of the school roof.

Bit of a cheek calling it the Skyline Lounge though

GreenCastle
11-07-2017, 12:44 PM

Wonder how they will scan the Newcastle tickets...don't see any turnstiles ? :confused:

Springbank
11-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Artists impression

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A PLANNING APPLICATION...
:rotflmao::rotflmao:

1van Sprou7e
11-07-2017, 12:51 PM
"The Skyline Lounge" hahaha that's great

Salt N Sauzee
Artists impression

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

NAE NOOKIE
Now they are even making comments that when its finished their hole will be more imposing and spectacular 'if that word can be used for either stadium' than Easter Road .............. I wont deny any bias on the subject, but c'mon have a look at these two pictures and tell me the depressing and dull looking object in pic 'A' is better to look at than the fine upstanding bright looking object in pic 'B'

A

https://s18.postimg.org/pbg1z41jd/image.jpg

B

http://3point.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Easter-Road-Stadium-Hibernian-FC.jpg

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-07-2017, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5097985]Artists impression
I'm surprised the artist missed the unicorns grazing in the surrounding fields!

greenginger
11-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Haha. That's hilarious. As for timescales, still a lot of chat from folks close to the job that there is no chance it will be ready for the Aberdeen game.

I had a blether with a couple of the Hardie's guys ( they're the contract managers ) last week. One of them was just back from Korea as he had to go out and make sure the seat decking units got put on a boat asap.

These units comprise two thin sheets of steel with a sandwich of polyurathane resin in between shaped to the profile of the stand seating area. They are in containers in the middle of the Indian Ocean I'd guess, and will need to be docked ,off-loaded , transported to Gorgie and fitted before any seats can be fitted.

Anyone any idea how long it takes for a container ship to travel from Korea to Yamsville ?

BegbieHSC
11-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Looks dreadful already

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-07-2017, 01:02 PM
Now they are even making comments that when its finished their hole will be more imposing and spectacular 'if that word can be used for either stadium' than Easter Road .............. I wont deny any bias on the subject, but c'mon have a look at these two pictures and tell me the depressing and dull looking object in pic 'A' is better to look at than the fine upstanding bright looking object in pic 'B'

A

https://s18.postimg.org/pbg1z41jd/image.jpg

B

http://3point.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Easter-Road-Stadium-Hibernian-FC.jpg

Needs those corners filled in :greengrin

GreenCastle
11-07-2017, 01:03 PM
"The Skyline Lounge" hahaha that's great

The High School Lounge...

The comparisons make me laugh too - they use old pics of ER with no new East Stand or back of the West Stand with no badges on stand etc to compare.

They need to remember ER can still be expanded / changed / built onto if required - like the corner of the East and North Stands.

The PBS will be finished and stuck with a pitch smaller than most Lowland League teams! :faf: and seats that have minimal leg room for the ever growing human being!

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Needs those corners filled in :greengrin

I agree ...... but that's the point, that picture of the Asbestos Arena is as good as its going to get for them, Easter Road already looks better and when the day comes when the corners are filled in ... and it will come ... it will be like comparing a back green to Princes street gardens :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Artists impression

Typical yam class.

:faf::faf::faf:

1van Sprou7e
11-07-2017, 01:11 PM
I agree ...... but that's the point, that picture of the Asbestos Arena is as good as its going to get for them, Easter Road already looks better and when the day comes when the corners are filled in ... and it will come ... it will be like comparing a back green to Princes street gardens :greengrin

Have to disagree there, think it's very unlikely it will ever happen unless Scotland hosts an international tournament and we get an upgrade

Alan62
11-07-2017, 01:12 PM
I had a blether with a couple of the Hardie's guys ( they're the contract managers ) last week. One of them was just back from Korea as he had to go out and make sure the seat decking units got put on a boat asap.

These units comprise two thin sheets of steel with a sandwich of polyurathane resin in between shaped to the profile of the stand seating area. They are in containers in the middle of the Indian Ocean I'd guess, and will need to be docked ,off-loaded , transported to Gorgie and fitted before any seats can be fitted.

Anyone any idea how long it takes for a container ship to travel from Korea to Yamsville ?

45 days from Gwangyang to Grangemouth. Weather permitting. Nothing to see here. Move along. ;)

See here. https://www.msc.com/routefinder#

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Have to disagree there, think it's very unlikely it will ever happen unless Scotland hosts an international tournament and we get an upgrade

The minimum capacity for a stadium in the Euros is 30k. As it's only possible to build in two of the corners at ER (NE & SW), that would only raise capacity to somewhere between 23-24k. So, we'd need a second tier on top of the East Stand with room for over 6k.

Even if there was room for that behind the East Stand (which I doubt) I can't see the residents of the nearby flats being too keen ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Artists impression

To be fair there is indeed a skyline ............. oh dear, oh dear, it all appears to be going wrong ..... a brand new stand with a section of seats you cant actually see all of the pitch from and a corporate section advertising views of the castle with no actual view of the castle ...... H..E..A..R..T..S :faf:

1van Sprou7e
11-07-2017, 01:27 PM
The minimum capacity for a stadium in the Euros is 30k. As it's only possible to build in two of the corners at ER (NE & SW), that would only raise capacity to somewhere between 23-24k. So, we'd need a second tier on top of the East Stand with room for over 6k.

Even if there was room for that behind the East Stand (which I doubt) I can't see the residents of the nearby flats being too keen ;-)

Looking at satellite images, NE looks doable but is there even room in the SW corner?

Aldo
11-07-2017, 01:33 PM
To be fair there is indeed a skyline ............. oh dear, oh dear, it all appears to be going wrong ..... a brand new stand with a section of seats you cant actually see all of the pitch from and a corporate section advertising views of the castle with no actual view of the castle ...... H..E..A..R..T..S :faf:

Are those the seats directly behind the Police Control room. I was looking at some older pictures an couldn't make out if this was the case.

It's what big teams do remember!!

Keith_M
11-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Looking at satellite images, NE looks doable but is there even room in the SW corner?

Yeah, it would be a bit of a tight squeeze.

Carheenlea
11-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Edinburgh will have two similarly sized stadiums with 20,000 capacities. Only one will be fully compliant to host internationals but both will be great venues for neutral cup ties, and Scottish football will be all the better for it. What ground will be the biggest by a handful of seats? Honestly doesn't matter to me one iota.

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2017, 01:42 PM

30 odd years ago Easter Road looked like this mate, and I cant recall Scotland hosting too many international tournaments since then.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.AsEfxb8xReoDUJY8VaNY6QEsDf&w=231&h=169&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.05&pid=1.7

Outwith what the team is doing the upgrade of Easter Road is probably my favourite subject. As I say on all of the numerous threads where the subject is raised, it doesn't have to mean an increase in capacity, there are a number of innovative ideas the club can look at which would lead to the stadium being more enclosed and in effect 'finished' without adding more seats ......... look at stadiums all around the world, many of them have paid attention to ensuring the finished article is fully enclosed with the corners filled in without that meaning seating for spectators.

The Yams have achieved this by accident .... we will have to work harder to get to that stage, but if the club has any ambition for the stadium going forward they have to recognise that getting to that stage is A) desirable .... and B) a hell of a long way from impossible.

Oscar T Grouch
11-07-2017, 01:45 PM

It takes roughly 40-50 days sailing. There aren't many ships that dock in Scotland so it will probably land in felixstowe or gateway london. It takes about 3 days to unload and clear customs (unless they cease the container for inspection (I have had container delayed by a week for this, but in truth it takes or should take no more than 2 days). Inland transport is as fast as youre willing to pay for. It can be a 24 hour service at an increased cost or 48-72 hours on a budget service. Most container ships do not sail directly from one port to another, there are usually a few stops along the way. So they could struggle to have seats in the stand for completion day. Also given the slight havoc cause by maersk's software being hacked recently I wouldn't be surprised of other unscheduled delays.