PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

SanFranHibs
09-08-2017, 05:25 PM
As withh any building project of this scale warrant applications are staged. There are 2 so far, stage A, Demolition of existing main stand, erection of a proposed new main stand. STAGEA - Foundation and superstructure (Steel work) and stage B, STAGE B - Building Envelope (Demolition of existing main stand, erection of a proposed new main stand) neither appear to have been granted to date, but have a cost estimate of £6,400,000 which fits with the 'raised half the amount' scenario.

Yes. An out of date stand, dreadful to look at and the knocking down of the old stand to make way for it.

jonty
09-08-2017, 05:40 PM
And if that pics is taken today then I can't see a single person working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because its standard practice to dress as a seat while at tynecastle. Which also explains why the seats were never ordered - procurement looked out the window and thought they were there already.

brog
09-08-2017, 05:54 PM
BSB structural are the steel company and they were very good at putting a pic up every couple of days of the progress. There have been no updates now since the 1st August when they posted this pic.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170809/661fa6b13393e561a56481ee492ef8c3.jpg
Looking at the pic taken today it appears that work must have stopped shortly afterwards?

What size is that pitch? There's bigger at the Gyle!

Joe6-2
09-08-2017, 06:53 PM
I think people criticising the lack of progress are being unfair.

There's been some freak weather recently.

Yeah, sunshine!

Lancs Harp
09-08-2017, 06:58 PM
BSB structural are the steel company and they were very good at putting a pic up every couple of days of the progress. There have been no updates now since the 1st August when they posted this pic.
Looking at the pic taken today it appears that work must have stopped shortly afterwards?

They must have a few security isues it looks like they are employing one of those North Korean short term nuclear missle jobies.

Criswell
09-08-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm no expert in these things, but, undertaking a major construction project without having the necessary funding in place (and some!) always struck me as a high-risk strategy. Could be that the chickens are eyeing up more comfortable accommodation methinks.

Super_JMcGinn
09-08-2017, 10:02 PM
What size is that pitch? There's bigger at the Gyle!

It's not nicknamed Tynie for nothing :wink:

majorhibs
09-08-2017, 10:46 PM
It's only prudent that they postpone further construction work while nuclear Armageddon hangs over our heads.

If the radioactive fallout creates more mutants they'll need a bigger stadium.

I just love this post. Bigger stadium needed. Occupants going from 12 fingers to 14!

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2017, 04:04 AM

Looks like cash flow problems. Why work looks to have halted. A few More DDs and JUMBLE sales needed.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Looking at the recent pictures from the front of their new stand, is it going to be one of those raised stands like they have at Hamilton?

As for the untrained eye, that's what it looks like to me? :confused:

SirDavidsNapper
10-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Looking at the recent pictures from the front of their new stand, is it going to be one of those raised stands like they have at Hamilton?

Probably. If only to make it appear bigger than ours.

Pete
10-08-2017, 07:03 AM

I don't even think the people building it know what it's going to look like when it's finished.

hibsforeurope
10-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Looking at their Facebook updates, they seem to have secured a job lot on identikit steel frameworks to cover both Tynecastle and the Woodside Health Centre in Glasgow...wonder if we'll see patients using the new health centre before we see punters sitting in the new stand? ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/BSB-Structural-Ltd-445307042486538/

It looks like some of the steel used on the hospital is maroon, would they be using pieces originally earmarked for tynie because the NHS (or whoever is funding) has paid them in full...

fat freddy
10-08-2017, 07:26 AM

There is still one more section to be installed which will bring the seating down to pitch level similar to the other three stands. It appears work has practically ground to a halt as very little progress has been made since they announced the delay. Undercover Hibs fans on JKB are suggesting that they have ran out of money and may have borrowed £5 million from the main contractor to finish the project, this has resulted in deeply embedded undercover Hibs fans and long term sleeper Hibs fans calling them out as Hibs fans as a means to strengthen their undercover identities, the few genuine Hearts fans that still go on to that site are so confused by the various levels of undercover work being carried out that they now have no idea who is genuine and who is a Hobo infiltrator.

Hibrandenburg
10-08-2017, 07:29 AM
Glass curtain? more like Beef Curtain!

Was gonna say most Jambos would not look amiss behind beef curtains.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2017, 07:30 AM
There is still one more section to be installed which will bring the seating down to pitch level similar to the other three stands. It appears work has practically ground to a halt as very little progress has been made since they announced the delay. Undercover Hibs fans on JKB are suggesting that they have ran out of money and may have borrowed £5 million from the main contractor to finish the project, this has resulted in deeply embedded undercover Hibs fans and long term sleeper Hibs fans calling them out as Hibs fans as a means to strengthen their undercover identities, the few genuine Hearts fans that still go on to that site are so confused by the various levels of undercover work being carried out that they now have no idea who is genuine and who is a Hobo infiltrator.

:aok: Cheers matey, they better get a move on then, as that does not look like it will be ready for next month? :wink:

3pm
10-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Any fines coming from the SPFL yet?

SteveHFC
10-08-2017, 07:42 AM

No expert but looks like that since roof is on the front part of stand cant be added until the back row of seating decks are lifted into place due to limits of height and reach of lifting gear

aljo7-0
10-08-2017, 07:46 AM
They have totally missed a trick which would save them a heap of money. If they simply asked their fans to bring their cake bake collection buckets each week to turn them upside down they could use them as seats and collect money from each other at half time

Keith_M
10-08-2017, 08:27 AM
I see Hearts' plans for a new stand have been scaled back a bit...

https://randomranger.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/polish_football_cage_2.jpg

MrSmith
10-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Was out on the shore last night for a wander and pint with my missus. Met up with a couple of friends, one of whom is a jambo and the other is my missus friend. We were discussing the new stand and its unique properties or before and after aesthetics ha ha ;) Its was very interesting to hear him defend the new look after all the talking up and greatness of Willy Wonka's great glass curtain, as its clear they have settled for the lesser office look and are also stating the glass curtain was only ever an artist's impression.

however and that said, walking my missus to her work this morning brought about a little chortle. When walking through Granton to get to Edinburgh College, we passed Granton Primary School where she blurted out "that building looks like Hearts new stand" She not even interested in football ha ha :D

http://www.grantonhistory.org/schools/schools_pri_granton.htm

Keith_M
10-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Maybe the steel wasn't ordered in time?

Or maybe they weren't being paid?

Oxford United experienced such problems in the construction of a new stadium:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassam_Stadium

Funnily enough, that's not the only similarity to Oxford...

"A distinctive feature of the stadium is a reflective glass panelling that makes up the main entrance."

The_Todd
10-08-2017, 08:34 AM
I see Hearts' plans for a new stand have been scaled back a bit...

https://randomranger.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/polish_football_cage_2.jpg

It's nice they've given the Gorgie Young Team somewhere nice to sing their little ditties about playing the flute. Hopefully they've forgotten to put an exit on it.

mutley
10-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Just had a wee peek on their thread, there is a hell of a lot of Hibs posters, and it's not even subtle [emoji3].
I'm not believing the 5mil loan from a construction company but I don't think that it will be ready anywhere near their timescales. Oh and the front of it looks horrendous. I do think they are missing a very simple trick to make the front look all the same rather than clear and grey panels. Look at most new office building that use coloured mirror glass and panels which all look the same.
And I will say this though, when it first opens, it will look nice and new and shiny, but I just don't think it will age well.
And as for their 3 existing stands- they think they are awesome, but in reality, their time is ticking too, they are old, rusty and filthy (not to mention cramped).
Oh we will have a lot of mileage in ripping then apart for years to come

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fat freddy
10-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Just had a wee peek on their thread, there is a hell of a lot of Hibs posters, and it's not even subtle [emoji3].

There's more Hibs fans on JKB than there is Hearts fans. There's never been a better time to go undercover, just start a post with "this place is hooching with Vermin" and you're in...it's better comedy than The Fringe and it's free!

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Is it just me or does that stand begin to look worse and worse as it starts to take shape ......... the fabled truss seems to be way out of proportion to the seating deck underneath it, making the whole thing look cramped and smaller than it should.

In fact when you see more panoramic shots from inside the 'stadium' as the new stand makes the whole thing more enclosed the interior begins to look smaller and smaller overall .... when its finished and with all that depressing maroon all over the place its going to be like watching football in a cave .... now the Yams will make a big deal of how that will make it a 'cauldron' which it might well do, but that cauldron of noise is going to be provided by the away fans in the Roseburn stand when Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen and Sevco come calling ... the rest of the time it will just revert to the library even Hertz fans admit it has been over the last few seasons, just a library that's even more dark and depressing to sit in.

Geo_1875
10-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Is it just me or does that stand begin to look worse and worse as it starts to take shape ......... the fabled truss seems to be way out of proportion to the seating deck underneath it, making the whole thing look cramped and smaller than it should.

In fact when you see more panoramic shots from inside the 'stadium' as the new stand makes the whole thing more enclosed the interior begins to look smaller and smaller overall .... when its finished and with all that depressing maroon all over the place its going to be like watching football in a cave .... now the Yams will make a big deal of how that will make it a 'cauldron' which it might well do, but that cauldron of noise is going to be provided by the away fans in the Roseburn stand when Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen and Sevco come calling ... the rest of the time it will just revert to the library even Hertz fans admit it has been over the last few seasons, just a library that's even more dark and depressing to sit in.

If they have a glass roof and walls, basically a greenhouse, it'll give it a light spacious appearance and actually look bigger than it is in reality.

SanFranHibs
10-08-2017, 12:38 PM
If they have a glass roof and walls, basically a greenhouse, it'll give it a light spacious appearance and actually look bigger than it is in reality.

And learning from that, they are going to paint the lines around the pitch narrower to make the pitch look larger.

Their ingenuity amazes me. Future generations will be reading in awe how far ahead of their time they were, even though they were far behind in their bills.

G B Young
10-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Project at a standstill. Rumours the steel erectors have gone off site. Explains the lack of pics the last couple of days as most of the pics from inside come from their Facebook page.
No idea why they would go off site.

Curious rationale on kickback today for the lack of work going on:

"It looks like the structural work has paused at the Roseburn end because they need the space to get the heavy plant in etc."

Although, we shouldn't worry because:

"The mount for the badge is up, that's the most notable change."

tamig
10-08-2017, 07:49 PM
And learning from that, they are going to paint the lines around the pitch narrower to make the pitch look larger.

Their ingenuity amazes me. Future generations will be reading in awe how far ahead of their time they were, even though they were far behind in their bills.

And don't forget chips. Never forget.

Billy Whizz
10-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Jamie Walker back in the squad for Saturday, must be needing to put him in the shop window

Sergey
10-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Jamie Walker back in the squad for Saturday, must be needing to put him in the shop window

:agree: They have hundreds of shop windows, and glass walls and the like, but he has to be sold this window.

I detest The Rangers - but I'll hate them a little less if the shaft their flute band chums for much needed £££.

Kato
10-08-2017, 08:18 PM
:agree: They have hundreds of shop windows, and glass walls and the like, but he has to be sold this window.

Don't forget the glass ceiling, and all their smashed ones.

greenginger
10-08-2017, 08:42 PM
http://www.hardies.co.uk/news/hearts-main-stand-delayed-after-club-forgot-to-order-seats

I see Hardies have put Budge's grovel on the top of their news page on the Company news website.

Publicly admitting entire responsibility for the project delays is the second stupidest thing Mrs Budge has ever done. Its a gift to all contractors and subcontractors on the site to get claims in for delay , disruption and all sorts of additional costs and the Yams will have to pay up. After all , they caused the problem.

The stupidest thing Grannie Annie ever did was, of course, to get involved with the Yams in the first place. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Curious rationale on kickback today for the lack of work going on:

"It looks like the structural work has paused at the Roseburn end because they need the space to get the heavy plant in etc."

Although, we shouldn't worry because:

"The mount for the badge is up, that's the most notable change."

macca70
10-08-2017, 10:07 PM

Don't wish an injury upon anyone but could you imagine if he picked up an injury ruling him out for the season!! That would rule out any £500k transfer fee.

Ozyhibby
10-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Don't wish an injury upon anyone but could you imagine if he picked up an injury ruling him out for the season!! That would rule out any £500k transfer fee.

I very much doubt they are getting £500k for Walker. I hope he stays with them rather than go to Sevco. Don't want them strengthened and that Hearts squad is week with or without Walker.

Captain Trips
11-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Budge puts forward plans if seats do not arrive:

https://images.gasbuddy.com/images/blogimages/20150727101101drive_in.jpg

HappyAsHellas
11-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Drove past the wongadome this morning and I cannot believe that some on here are pouring scorn on what is truly an architectural masterpiece in the making. The rectangular panes of glass seamlessly fit their individual frames providing us with a hitherto unseen construction proposition. Take your collective heads out of the sand people, stand back and lo and behold HERE is the future......

Salt N Sauzee
11-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Drove past the wongadome this morning and I cannot believe that some on here are pouring scorn on what is truly an architectural masterpiece in the making. The rectangular panes of glass seamlessly fit their individual frames providing us with a hitherto unseen construction proposition. Take your collective heads out of the sand people, stand back and lo and behold HERE is the future......

That is actually hideous.

Green Blood
11-08-2017, 08:26 AM
That is actually hideous.

So seventies!

Tobias Funke
11-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Gantin'

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2017, 08:41 AM

When you look at that its pretty clear a huge amount of poetic licence was lavished on the original artists impressions of what it was going to look like. It is possible to use glass to great affect .... if its going to look anything like that when its finished Herts have spectacularly failed in that objective.

Don't get me wrong, its a massive improvement on what they had, but that's not saying much :greengrin

greenginger
11-08-2017, 08:46 AM

Is it curtains for Scottish Football's greatest glass curtain ? :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
11-08-2017, 08:46 AM

😂😂😂 What a sh...hole!

The_Todd
11-08-2017, 08:51 AM
TBH for a cheap main stand it's not bad. But it's not the architectural marvel that Hertz fans seem to have got themselves believing. It's not going to get added to any list of modern wonders of the world. It's just a cheap office block with added seats (well, if they ever remember to buy them) which will functionally work, which is all they need.

It's the fact Budge has hyped it up to be something on par with the Louvre and they've all fallen for it which is hysterical.

Hibby70
11-08-2017, 08:55 AM
It's actually looking worse as it progresses.

GreenCastle
11-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Thought that was the old St James Centre / Hotel.

It's hideous and they know it and we know it.

But as others have pointed out it's better than previous death trap and hopefully more safe. It's just amazing they spent so much and I wonder if we will ever know he final cost..

30 days till Sept 9th when all those seats should be installed according to Budgie.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
TBH for a cheap main stand it's not bad. But it's not the architectural marvel that Hertz fans seem to have got themselves believing. It's not going to get added to any list of modern wonders of the world. It's just a cheap office block with added seats (well, if they ever remember to buy them) which will functionally work, which is all they need.

It's the fact Budge has hyped it up to be something on par with the Louvre and they've all fallen for it which is hysterical.She can, and does tell them what she wants, it's Vlad all over again but she used her own cash at the beginning and wants it back.

Her problem is weaning the addicts off the entitlement drug and the illusion they've been living. The fiasco surrounding the one tacky stand they're building should be a reality check but as the Cathro episode wasn't neither will the stand, just the one stand.

I think Budge was well intentioned and it will be interesting to see how far away they end up from their original ambitions. A battle of financial acumen versus utter stupidity.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bigwheel
11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Do people really care this much about this new stand? it's only a stand after all

It will eventually get up, and I'm sure it will be decent...albeit late and over budget...

BSEJVT
11-08-2017, 09:01 AM

I don't think that's an actual photo of the new stand at the PBS is it?

It can't be its hideous

Iain G
11-08-2017, 09:03 AM

But as others have pointed out it's better than better and hopefully more safe. It's just amazing they spent so much and I wonder if we will ever know he final cost..

30 days till Sept 9th when all those seats should be installed according to Budgie.

It looks like a project at demolition stage and not nearing completion! It's a bog standard stick built facade and not the all singing all dancing architecturally glazed facade they had alluded to...cheap and not very cheerful!

GreenCastle
11-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Do people really care this much about this new stand? it's only a stand after all

It will eventually get up, and I'm sure it will be decent...albeit late and over budget...

I think this thread has gone on for so long because the hilarity of the situation and the frenzy our pink neighbours made when announcing it and building it.

Only for it to be late, ugly and over budget...with a skyline view now loookng into kids classrooms.

If it had been built like our stands I doubt this thread would be anywhere near the top of the page. But they have given typical moments of laugher which you would expect from a 2nd rate club.

Sergey
11-08-2017, 09:12 AM
It looks like a project at demolition stage and not nearing completion! It's a bog standard stick built facade and not the all singing all dancing architecturally glazed facade they had alluded to...cheap and not very cheerful!

I agree, it looks atrocious and heaven only knows what it will look like in 10 years time.

WTF is with the red corner panels? Who on earth designed and approved that?

hibsforeurope
11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I wonder if there are any Hibs supporting teachers in those class rooms the 'skyline' lounges look up to. Would be good to get some Hibs reminders put up in the windows of the school or class room walls for thm to look in on while in the new John Robertson memorial greenhouse lounge.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
So seventies!

Hibs were great in the 70s :wink:

Andy74
11-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I agree, it looks atrocious and heaven only knows what it will look like in 10 years time.

I'm assuming there is still glass to go in front of all this? Certainly looks like there is stuff around the sides to attach something to.

Fife-Hibee
11-08-2017, 09:48 AM

It's the fact Budge has hyped it up to be something on par with the Louvre and they've all fallen for it which is hysterical.
15 million 😂😂😂

Ronniekirk
11-08-2017, 09:48 AM
It's actually looking worse as it progresses.

Wait till they paint it Maroon(oh forgot they cant afford the paint )

CapitalGreen
11-08-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm assuming there is still glass to go in front of all this? Certainly looks like there is stuff around the sides to attach something to.

Just the remaining capping. It has been done on the left side of that picture but not the right.

Ronniekirk
11-08-2017, 09:51 AM

Its nice to have a bit of fun at their expense now now and againPersonally couldn't care less if theirs is bigger than ours Its squad quality and results that count

Keith_M
11-08-2017, 09:53 AM

Mrs B?

Iain G
11-08-2017, 10:09 AM

The cynical part of me would suggest they forgot to order all of the maroon panels and the red ones were all that could be bought at short notice to fill the gaps vs the architect thought it would break up the depressing tedium of all that dull maroony colour...

You know this whole thing reminds me of one of those Grand Designs where the owner keeps making awful design decisions, decides to project manage it themselves and forgets to order key components in time....

Andy74
11-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Just the remaining capping. It has been done on the left side of that picture but not the right.

Ah, get it now, in that case I agree it is going to look nothing like the design.

In contrast Easter road looks pretty much exactly like the model I saw 20 odd years ago!

brog
11-08-2017, 10:13 AM

But as others have pointed out it's better than previous death trap and hopefully more safe. It's just amazing they spent so much and I wonder if we will ever know he final cost..

Exactly that, is it coincidence that the old St J centre/King J hotel were supposedly demolished just before the new Tynie ( or Tynie new ) stand appeared like a phoenix on McLeod St? I think not! :wink:

G B Young
11-08-2017, 10:14 AM

No, the much-vaunted 'glass curtain' was quietly ditched in favour of the 70s office/college windows look. If you can be bothered delving back through this thread you'll see the difference between the genuinely quite impressive original artist's impression and the new revised, cheap look. They're still claiming the two rows of windows represent Scottish football's biggest glass curtain though...

matty_f
11-08-2017, 10:22 AM

:hilarious

It's horrendous! :faf:

I've genuinely wondered what the fuss has been about seeing them building a stand. They had a stand already, they're just replacing it - I didn't get the big deal about it.

However, seeing the monumental arse they're making of the whole thing AND how hilariously bad it looks, I can see why folk are interested now.

Tiny was already a midden, it's amazing that they're somehow managing to spend upwards of £12m to make it look worse!!

Bostonhibby
11-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Its nice to have a bit of fun at their expense now now and againPersonally couldn't care less if theirs is bigger than ours Its squad quality and results that count

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think that our over exuberance at the saga is directly proportionate to their inflated view of the significance of the renewal of their one dilapidated stand.

That and we keep getting new mis spelt thoughts from chairman Anne to help us along the way [emoji1]

Geo_1875
11-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Is it curtains for Scottish Football's greatest glass curtain ? :greengrin

Are you blind? It's a 60s classic.

Geo_1875
11-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Looks like a job lot of cheap aluminium cladding suddenly came on the market.

Edinburgh Green
11-08-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't think that's an actual photo of the new stand at the PBS is it?

It can't be its hideous

Yip, that's it.

wazoo1875
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
It looks like a pish Rubik's cube

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2017, 11:10 AM

I don't think it would have created as much discussion if it wasn't Hearts. But because its Hearts two things come into play, the first being that as expected they will claim that this is the best thing to be built in Edinburgh since the castle, the second that it will be bigger, better, faster and stronger than anything we have built.

If nothing else the Yams can rightly claim that what they are building presents a far more substantial façade to the passing public and folk visiting the ground than the main stand at Easter Road does. What they fail to understand on that score is two things:

1) When we built our main stand we already had two brand new stands up and running with modern facilities and function suites included, housed between two decks with views of the pitch, we didn't need to go mental on the main stand.

2) Unlike the Wongadome the only place you can see the front of our main stand from is the small car park directly outside it, a club would be daft to spend a load of money on the façade of a stand nobody can see .... as it is the front of the stand is perfectly fine to look at without being spectacular.

Of course, the other thing which has kept this thread running is the number of comedy gold moments project Gorgie Greenhouse has provided since it started .... the irony being that most of them have only been funny because they are directly in contradiction to the Gorgie faithful's inflated opinion of what their club is compared to the reality and the dawning realisation that what they were promised isn't actually going to be delivered.

That started pretty quickly with the truss lift ..... they just couldn't help comparing it to the lifting of the truss at Anfield, a giant feat of construction which required massive industrial cranes and could be seen from miles around .... compared to a couple of Cherry pickers which could be witnessed from ... well McLeod street basically.

Then you had the Skyview lounge, promising panoramic views of the castle in compensation for the fact that it didn't have views of the pitch which is what you would naturally have expected at a football stadium ..... the 'wha' 'wha' 'whaaaa' moment when it turned out all you can see from it ( unless you stand on the tables ) is the roof of Tynecastle high school was hilarious.

Then you have the admission that the stand wont be functioning in time for the Aberdeen match because the club forgot to order the seats .... I mean c'mon, fans all over Scotland are laughing at that one .... could they have looked any more amateurish?

Now as the outside of the stand finally takes shape its becoming clear that the 'glass curtain' façade which was promised isn't going to be anything of the sort, its going to be a bland 70s style office block which could just as well be the outside of a call centre as a football club's signature main stand ..... if that is indeed the finished article my comparisons between what they are building and my local TESCO in Gala have been unfair, my local TESCO looks better.

Chuck in the continual upward trajectory of the construction costs and the farcical attempt at meeting the shortfall by fund raising events that would be more appropriate for a team playing in a local pub league and what you have is a club which appears to have massively underestimated the task it has undertaken and massively overestimated the ability of the people in charge to bring it to fruition on time and on budget.

And finally ............ Since the start of the Budge era that club have gone out of their way to have themselves seen as an example to Scottish football, shouting everything from the rooftops whenever they do it .... the living wage ... the convoluted 'Save the Children' shirt sponsorship ... the owner pontificating about why 'small clubs' should be cast adrift from the SPFL. All the while seemingly forgetting the fact that they are bloody lucky to be in existence at all.

Its not us who are responsible for the length of this thread .... its them for providing so much materiel for it to thrive :greengrin

SmithyHibee
11-08-2017, 11:16 AM

But but it's got escalators! 😂

Bostonhibby
11-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I don't think it would have created as much discussion if it wasn't Hearts. But because its Hearts two things come into play, the first being that as expected they will claim that this is the best thing to be built in Edinburgh since the castle, the second that it will be bigger, better, faster and stronger than anything we have built.

If nothing else the Yams can rightly claim that what they are building presents a far more substantial façade to the passing public and folk visiting the ground than the main stand at Easter Road does. What they fail to understand on that score is two things:

1) When we built our main stand we already had two brand new stands up and running with modern facilities and function suites included, housed between two decks with views of the pitch, we didn't need to go mental on the main stand.

2) Unlike the Wongadome the only place you can see the front of our main stand from is the small car park directly outside it, a club would be daft to spend a load of money on the façade of a stand nobody can see .... as it is the front of the stand is perfectly fine to look at without being spectacular.

Of course, the other thing which has kept this thread running is the number of comedy gold moments project Gorgie Greenhouse has provided since it started .... the irony being that most of them have only been funny because they are directly in contradiction to the Gorgie faithful's inflated opinion of what their club is compared to the reality and the dawning realisation that what they were promised isn't actually going to be delivered.

That started pretty quickly with the truss lift ..... they just couldn't help comparing it to the lifting of the truss at Anfield, a giant feat of construction which required massive industrial cranes and could be seen from miles around .... compared to a couple of Cherry pickers which could be witnessed from ... well McLeod street basically.

Then you had the Skyview lounge, promising panoramic views of the castle in compensation for the fact that it didn't have views of the pitch which is what you would naturally have expected at a football stadium ..... the 'wha' 'wha' 'whaaaa' moment when it turned out all you can see from it ( unless you stand on the tables ) is the roof of Tynecastle high school was hilarious.

Then you have the admission that the stand wont be functioning in time for the Aberdeen match because the club forgot to order the seats .... I mean c'mon, fans all over Scotland are laughing at that one .... could they have looked any more amateurish?

Now as the outside of the stand finally takes shape its becoming clear that the 'glass curtain' façade which was promised isn't going to be anything of the sort, its going to be a bland 70s style office block which could just as well be the outside of a call centre as a football club's signature main stand ..... if that is indeed the finished article my comparisons between what they are building and my local TESCO in Gala have been unfair, my local TESCO looks better.

Chuck in the continual upward trajectory of the construction costs and the farcical attempt at meeting the shortfall by fund raising events that would be more appropriate for a team playing in a local pub league and what you have is a club which appears to have massively underestimated the task it has undertaken and massively overestimated the ability of the people in charge to bring it to fruition on time and on budget.

And finally ............ Since the start of the Budge era that club have gone out of their way to have themselves seen as an example to Scottish football, shouting everything from the rooftops whenever they do it .... the living wage ... the convoluted 'Save the Children' shirt sponsorship ... the owner pontificating about why 'small clubs' should be cast adrift from the SPFL. All the while seemingly forgetting the fact that they are bloody lucky to be in existence at all.

Its not us who are responsible for the length of this thread .... its them for providing so much materiel for it to thrive :greengrinNail, hammer, heid.

I might even give up now.

Until the next wheel falls off the clown's bicycle and they make the next proclamation of greatness.

BSEJVT
11-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Yip, that's it.

**** me its horrible

Its worse than a Soviet Bloc nuclear power station

Sean1875
11-08-2017, 11:23 AM

Its not us who are responsible for the length of this thread .... its them for providing so much materiel for it to thrive :greengrin

Outstanding post :applause: :cup:

bigwheel
11-08-2017, 11:44 AM

haha Brilliant Nae Nookie

This should be a blog post..it's too good to just be a thread post - my favourite of the year so far :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Geo_1875
11-08-2017, 11:45 AM
But but it's got escalators! 😂

So did Goldberg's.

And that looked good in the 60s.

FilipinoHibs
11-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Brilliant sums up their complete absurdity. And why they are a laughing stock.

YanYansen
11-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Superb :agree:

Thecat23
11-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Mic drops and walks away. 👏🏼👏🏼

Deansy
11-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Joking apart, is that honestly a picture of it ??

southsider
11-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Looks like a job lot of cheap aluminium cladding suddenly came on the market.
I hope, and not trying to be funny, it has been properly tested.

Edinburgh Green
11-08-2017, 12:12 PM
http://www.hardies.co.uk/news/hearts-main-stand-delayed-after-club-forgot-to-order-seats

I see Hardies have put Budge's grovel on the top of their news page on the Company news website.

Publicly admitting entire responsibility for the project delays is the second stupidest thing Mrs Budge has ever done. Its a gift to all contractors and subcontractors on the site to get claims in for delay , disruption and all sorts of additional costs and the Yams will have to pay up. After all , they caused the problem.

The stupidest thing Grannie Annie ever did was, of course, to get involved with the Yams in the first place. :greengrin

They had to issue that statement to stop the growing unrest with the contractor, who were threatening to walk off site due to the stories in the media suggesting that they were to blame for the delays.

Forthview
11-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I wonder if they shipping company knows that they're getting blamed for the programme slipping

Oscar T Grouch
11-08-2017, 12:44 PM
The yams have attempted something quite modern, curtain walls do look good, especially in glass. The problem with these type of projects is to make them look good you need to make the floors look like they are floating from the outside, this takes expensive fittings and a lot more time and work than they have allocated to the project. So what hertz have managed to do here is take a modern architectural outer covering and made it look like a normal run of the mill 1970's office building. To disguise the 'normal' fitting used in the build they have used opaque glass to cover the floors, which totally defeats the purpose of a glass curtain wall. I think it will look okay on completion, there are lots of tricks you can use to disguise a cheap build. Tarting up the surrounding area is one way and going by the drawing it should look nice and modern, stick a crest on the glass and it'll look like it has something to do with a football club. Imho they would have been better going for a practical cladding instead of the glass curtain. I would suppose the external wall will be the least of their worries at the moment though, which is nice :wink:

I do thank our city neighbours for being such a weird little club, since the mad russian's days they have been a source of endless amusement for myself and long may it continue!

kaimendhibs
11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
That is actually hideous.You spelt hilarious wrong 🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Monopolyguy
11-08-2017, 12:53 PM

This looks like the main block of my old school, and that was a **** hole too.

HappyAsHellas
11-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Joking apart, is that honestly a picture of it ??

Yes, that was what I drove past this morning, and didn't stop laughing till I got back to corstorphine.

G B Young
11-08-2017, 01:37 PM
The yams have attempted something quite modern, curtain walls do look good, especially in glass. The problem with these type of projects is to make them look good you need to make the floors look like they are floating from the outside, this takes expensive fittings and a lot more time and work than they have allocated to the project. So what hertz have managed to do here is take a modern architectural outer covering and made it look like a normal run of the mill 1970's office building. To disguise the 'normal' fitting used in the build they have used opaque glass to cover the floors, which totally defeats the purpose of a glass curtain wall. I think it will look okay on completion, there are lots of tricks you can use to disguise a cheap build. Tarting up the surrounding area is one way and going by the drawing it should look nice and modern, stick a crest on the glass and it'll look like it has something to do with a football club. Imho they would have been better going for a practical cladding instead of the glass curtain. I would suppose the external wall will be the least of their worries at the moment though, which is nice :wink:

I do thank our city neighbours for being such a weird little club, since the mad russian's days they have been a source of endless amusement for myself and long may it continue!

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread it's hard to see how the scaled-back version can even be described as a curtain wall (even though they're still claiming that's what it is). It seems, as you say, little different to many 70s office blocks of a similar design.

Not quite on the budget scale of Kenny Waugh's covering of the East Terracing back in the 80s (mind-boggling even then how we ended up with a set of pillars holding that up!), but the word which springs to mind every time I see a pic of the new stand at Tynecastle is 'cheap'. You could say the same of the whole stadium come to think of it.

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2017, 01:37 PM

The architect must be a Hibby on the wind up surely...

Iain G
11-08-2017, 01:38 PM

In fairness to them the stick built facade they have used has been around since at least the 70's! They would have been just as well using a unitised facade than trying to be fancy, quicker to install, cheaper and better quality contol and would probably look more up to date!

No point in using a CW system if you then use solid spandrel panels at the intermediate floor to disguise that it is a curtain wall! May as well have it spanning floor to floor!

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Am I right in thinking their new stand will hold more than our east/west stands? Find that hard to believe as looks quite small from the photos

Keith_M
11-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Am I right in thinking their new stand will hold more than our east/west stands? Find that hard to believe as looks quite small from the photos

That's the theory, yeah. I think it has 3 more rows than our West Stand and is planned to have narrower seats, so they can fit more in.

If the roughly 20,300 figure they announced is actually achieved, that would make their new stand capacity about 7,500.

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
That's the theory, yeah. I think it has 3 more rows than our West Stand and is planned to have narrower seats, so they can fit more in.

If the roughly 20,300 figure they announced is actually achieved, that would make their new stand capacity about 7,500.It will end up being like Rugby Park. No legroom

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
11-08-2017, 02:54 PM

If the roughly 20,300 figure they announced is actually achieved, that would make their new stand capacity about 7,500.

I'm surprised they don't just announce it as a trailblazing standing area (yes I know other people had them first) and let 10,000 squeeze in every 2 weeks.

Smartie
11-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Never mind, I'm sure the chips will be barry.

Pete
11-08-2017, 03:41 PM

It's surely like when you buy a shiny new telly or something with scratchable surfaces, these grey bits are just the layer of film you peel off to reveal the newness underneath.

If not, it's looking like one of the worst examples of late sixties/early seventies architecture I've ever seen. They could have at least used slabs of concrete to let everyone know they mean business.

marleyhib
11-08-2017, 03:48 PM
I thought the whole point of building a new stand was to improve on what was there before?

Crazyhorse
11-08-2017, 04:29 PM

They mind very much which is why we hear so much about:
1. longest glass curtain in Scotland (sadly not actually being built now but they thought of it first so there)
2. chips
3. Kiosks
4. Toilets
5. More nonsense to come to divert attention from the question of stadium capacity...

Keith_M
11-08-2017, 04:33 PM
They mind very much which is why we hear so much about:
1. longest glass curtain in Scotland (sadly not actually being built now but they thought of it first so there)
2. chips
3. Kiosks
4. Toilets
5. More nonsense to come to divert attention from the question of stadium capacity...

You missed out the Sky Lounge, with the Castle View.... even though there's not actually a view of the Castle.

Oh and did I mention it's not actually facing the pitch?

Lancs Harp
11-08-2017, 04:48 PM
I thought the whole point of building a new stand was to improve on what was there before?

To be fair the carcass of a stand as it currently exists is better than what they had before.

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Could the new stand be a New Chesser House
Architects drawing below of ....Chesser House!

http://www.ema-architects.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Street-View.jpg

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-08-2017, 04:58 PM
You missed out the Sky Lounge, with the Castle View.... even though there's not actually a view of the Castle.

Oh and did I mention it's not actually facing the pitch?

Sky lounge?

Will they be showing Sky Sports in this lavish new Sky lounge? Can't see that lot paying the subscription to be honest, probably show some hooky internet stream knowing that shower of thieves and vagabonds...

Arch Stanton
11-08-2017, 05:32 PM
What they're saying now is that progress is currently stopped to allow heavy plant to come in at Roseburn end.

Now, either this heavy plant is currently being driven up from Outer *****lia or it is the other type of plant which will take a few years to grow to be heavy enough.:confused:

Edit: Outer Mong-olia is obviously sufferring from S****horpe syndrome.

SuperAllyMcleod
11-08-2017, 06:49 PM
In fairness to them the stick built facade they have used has been around since at least the 70's! They would have been just as well using a unitised facade than trying to be fancy, quicker to install, cheaper and better quality contol and would probably look more up to date!

No point in using a CW system if you then use solid spandrel panels at the intermediate floor to disguise that it is a curtain wall! May as well have it spanning floor to floor!

Are you expecting anyone on here to actually understand all of that? I know I'm struggling. [emoji3]

Just Alf
11-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Are you expecting anyone on here to actually understand all of that? I know I'm struggling. [emoji3]Thought it was me (and the fact I've been in the pub since 4)

:faf:

ian cruise
11-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Here's the thing, their the architects (pun not intended) of their own downfall because they've tried to make such a big fan fare about the whole thing. If it had been humbly put across as "our stand is dated and we need to replace it, please bare with us guys" then all these delays and such would not be met with the same laughter/disbelief that it has been, additionally the fact it looks so basic wouldn't be getting vast up so much. They put out a massive press release which was Trump-esque in its pomp and glory along side designs which I have to admit, while nowhere near as nice as our stand, definitely looked good. If it was a full glass facia I think they'd have had something quite smart but in reality it's just another bog standard football stand.

As always they are their own worst enemy.

Edit - Wish I'd read the full thread, NaeNookie summed it up way better than I did.

ian cruise
11-08-2017, 07:17 PM
The cynical part of me would suggest they forgot to order all of the maroon panels and the red ones were all that could be bought at short notice to fill the gaps vs the architect thought it would break up the depressing tedium of all that dull maroony colour...

You know this whole thing reminds me of one of those Grand Designs where the owner keeps making awful design decisions, decides to project manage it themselves and forgets to order key components in time....

The red panels were included in the original design, why though I've no idea.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Thought it was me (and the fact I've been in the pub since 4)

:faf:

Sent from my SM-G925F using TapatalkAll big teams use spandrels, if you cross a spaniel with an espadrille that's what you get isn't it?

jacomo
11-08-2017, 08:01 PM
As I've mentioned earlier in the thread it's hard to see how the scaled-back version can even be described as a curtain wall (even though they're still claiming that's what it is). It seems, as you say, little different to many 70s office blocks of a similar design.

Not quite on the budget scale of Kenny Waugh's covering of the East Terracing back in the 80s (mind-boggling even then how we ended up with a set of pillars holding that up!), but the word which springs to mind every time I see a pic of the new stand at Tynecastle is 'cheap'. You could say the same of the whole stadium come to think of it.

Looked rubbish. But it ended up brilliant.

Deansy
11-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Yes, that was what I drove past this morning, and didn't stop laughing till I got back to corstorphine.

Cheers - by ****** THAT is so, so ..................................... underwhelming !!.

Once again, the 'Jambo-mouth' has out-slavered their actual abilities and finances !

majorhibs
11-08-2017, 09:47 PM
**** me its horrible

Its worse than a Soviet Bloc nuclear power station

Barry. Big blowup, nae drama, mutants already ensconced.

Criswell
11-08-2017, 10:08 PM

Considering their new stand looks about half the height of our West Stand I am intrigued as to how it will hold over a thousand seats more. I know it is deeper but it also shorter than ours. Make you wonder how much legroom there will be and how big will the seats be? Maybe selling chips won't prove such a good idea!

Peevemor
11-08-2017, 10:26 PM

There were pillars because a cantilever roof would have cost far, far more. The roof was built on the existing terracing which, structurally speaking, was a pile of crap/landfill. The foundations to support a cantilever set-up would probably have cost a fortune.

I can't think of many stands built on converted terracing that don't have pillars - Hampden is one but that was mega expensive for a mediocre result.

Glory Lurker
11-08-2017, 10:42 PM
I don't buy scran at ER and don't pay much attention to what folk are stuffing in their gubs. If you'd asked me a few weeks ago "Do Hibs sell chips?" I would have struggled. Gut reaction would be to say "yes" because I had a vague impression of folk eating them/.net posters blaming them for the seagulls.

But, brain ruling the gut, hmfc wouldn't be bigging up chips if it wasn't actually impressive to be selling them.

Hats off to them, in fairness.

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2017, 11:00 PM
For 12m they could have at least made more of an effort with the exterior. It's absolutely honking.

The brick on the old stand was far superior to this nonsense. They really have screwed this up big time and will be stuck with it for decades. How did they get it so wrong?

Somehow they think that is the best looking stand in the country and the envy of fans everywhere? I mean, ffs, it just beggars belief. Honking. Again.

Ozyhibby
11-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Considering their new stand looks about half the height of our West Stand I am intrigued as to how it will hold over a thousand seats more. I know it is deeper but it also shorter than ours. Make you wonder how much legroom there will be and how big will the seats be? Maybe selling chips won't prove such a good idea!

All their stands are much smaller than ours. Smaller seats and less leg room is the only way they can keep their capacity close to ours.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Drove past there today and I'm not being biased but it looks absolutely horrific when you consider the money being spent.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Need to give them the benefit of the doubt. I remember hearing an advert on the radio stating that their stadium is going to be the best on the East Coast.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished, I'm sure Lothian Buses are already changing their tourist bus routes to ensure such a magnificent stadium is 'the' top attraction.

Dibben
12-08-2017, 06:33 AM

Come on guys... it looks fairly similar!!

:thumbsup:

Off the bar
12-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Come on guys... it looks fairly similar!!

:thumbsup:

It looks like a burger from a late night take away. There's that picture on the board of a beautiful burger in a perky bun with fresh lettuce poking out, a slice of gleaming tomato. It looks delicious.
Then the real thing arrives, a slice if cardboard in a limp bun with something that used to be salad hanging forlornly out the side of the polystyrene tray. You look up to the picture on the board and back to your burger and sigh.
Or pish yourself laughing at your backward mate and his crap burger as you ate earlier at a respectable establishment full in the knowledge you're not going **** the bed later when the full horror of the burger reveals itself.

SirDavidsNapper
12-08-2017, 07:10 AM
The new stand looks bad now. What's it going to look like in 20 years time? Monumental balls up by them.

Alan62
12-08-2017, 07:26 AM
It looks like a burger from a late night take away. There's that picture on the board of a beautiful burger in a perky bun with fresh lettuce poking out, a slice of gleaming tomato. It looks delicious.
Then the real thing arrives, a slice if cardboard in a limp bun with something that used to be salad hanging forlornly out the side of the polystyrene tray. You look up to the picture on the board and back to your burger and sigh.
Or pish yourself laughing at your backward mate and his crap burger as you ate earlier at a respectable establishment full in the knowledge you're not going **** the bed later when the full horror of the burger reveals itself.

Hahahahaha! Funniest post ever.

A Hi-Bee
12-08-2017, 11:05 AM
The new stand looks bad now. What's it going to look like in 20 years time? Monumental balls up by them.

Why 20 years time, give it 20 months. **** them is about the best comment I can come up with in regard to them.

Geo_1875
14-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Any updates? Has this mornings rain put them further behind schedule? Will it be ready in time for the League Cup semi-final if we squeeze past Livi?

Kato
14-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Any updates? Has this mornings rain put them further behind schedule? Will it be ready in time for the League Cup semi-final if we squeeze past Livi?

No progress. As an aside there was mention of Hibs increased attendances on Off The Ball after the matches on Saturday. Stuart Cosgrove said that soon Hibs wouldn't be able to fit everyone in and that it might be idea for Hibs to rent Tynecastle once the new "Megastand" was fitted.

This shows how Hearts PR goes unquestioned. "We are big. We are building a "Megastand", it is big. The stand will be EUFA compliant and, did we mention, it's big - really big. Our stand will be big." Cosgrove just assumed that Tynie, once/if finished, would hold more people than than Easter Road, no-one in the studio questioned this. Some time later a caller's message is read out stating that (can't remember the actual numbers, but something like) "Easter Roads' capacity is 20,400 and Tynecastle including the new stand, will be 19,700". I don't know if Cosgrove was being disingenuous but if so he's pretty good at it.

Have the seats arrived yet?

Ozyhibby
14-08-2017, 01:07 PM
No progress. As an aside there was mention of Hibs increased attendances on Off The Ball after the matches on Saturday. Stuart Cosgrove said that soon Hibs wouldn't be able to fit everyone in and that it might be idea for Hibs to rent Tynecastle once the new "Megastand" was fitted.

This shows how Hearts PR goes unquestioned. "We are big. We are building a "Megastand", it is big. The stand will be EUFA compliant and, did we mention, it's big - really big. Our stand will be big." Cosgrove just assumed that Tynie, once/if finished, would hold more people than than Easter Road, no-one in the studio questioned this. Some time later a caller's message is read out stating that (can't remember the actual numbers, but something like) "Easter Roads' capacity is 20,400 and Tynecastle including the new stand, will be 19,700". I don't know if Cosgrove was being disingenuous but if so he's pretty good at it.

No seats and no pre cast decking on site yet.
And they were due to play Aberdeen in 25 days. [emoji23]

Kato
14-08-2017, 01:10 PM
No seats and no pre cast decking on site yet.

That'll be publicized as waiting on a "BIG" delivery. I doubt anyone will be sitting in this stand this year.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Cosgrove is good at trolling the hearts fans. They hate him.

Alan62
14-08-2017, 01:23 PM

This shows how Hearts PR goes unquestioned.

There's a lot of truth in this. Despite the length of the releases that come out of Tynecastle, the poor grammar and the spelling mistakes, the take-out by the media always seems to paint them in a positive light. Their stand project is a disaster on so many levels but there's an assumption that things are moving in a very positive direction.

Long term, they will, of course, finish that stand. The legend of the Tynecastle cauldron will continue to be perpetuated by the pundits and we'll continue to scratch our heads when we go there and wonder how they've managed to spin an atrocious excuse for a stadium into something that's revered as one of Scotland's finest.

Fortunately at derby matches we never have to actually sit down. I tried that at the Bonnyrigg game and despite only being 5'4" had to continually apologise for pushing my knees into the guy in front of me.

hibee_girl
14-08-2017, 01:29 PM

The semi final is in October. The stand isn't due to open until November

Geo_1875
14-08-2017, 01:33 PM
The semi final is in October. The stand isn't due to open until November

Any particular date in November? Definitely November this year?

hibee_girl
14-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Any particular date in November? Definitely November this year?

5th November apparently

Hibbyradge
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3f/81/28/3f8128aa0994a866fa155459b1d8f106.jpg

Sergey
14-08-2017, 01:49 PM
5th November apparently

IIRC - that's when the Scottish Rugby season starts and they won't have access to Murrayfield.

G B Young
14-08-2017, 02:09 PM

I didn't hear the show, but it sounds as though Cosgrove might have been having a dig at Hearts with that comment?

G B Young
14-08-2017, 02:11 PM
IIRC - that's when the Scottish Rugby season starts and they won't have access to Murrayfield.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/tickets...7-autumn-tests (http://www.scottishrugby.org/tickets-events/2017-autumn-tests)

Sergey
14-08-2017, 02:15 PM
http://www.scottishrugby.org/tickets...7-autumn-tests (http://www.scottishrugby.org/tickets-events/2017-autumn-tests)

Cheers - I knew I read it somewhere.

As an aside; I'm certainly no rugby fan, but £15 for an adult isn't a bad price for a ticket, albeit a friendly.

Kato
14-08-2017, 02:15 PM
I didn't hear the show, but it sounds as though Cosgrove might have been having a dig at Hearts with that comment?

If he was it was a slow burner. Could've been though.

jacomo
14-08-2017, 02:58 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3f/81/28/3f8128aa0994a866fa155459b1d8f106.jpg

What cheap effort is this? Like a half-hearted bungalow compared to the world record breaking all glass skyline mega big stand being built by our neighbours.

Sioux
14-08-2017, 03:41 PM
The red panels were included in the original design, why though I've no idea.

Here's why!

"The different coloured glass panels, could be a subtle nod to a certain heart on the royal mile?"

Signed
F Balloon

Sean1875
14-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Here's why!

"The different coloured glass panels, could be a subtle nod to a certain heart on the royal mile?"

Signed
F Balloon

Imagine paying tribute on your new 'super stand' via some glass panels to a collection of cobbles that everyone gobs on :faint:

G B Young
14-08-2017, 05:28 PM
This pic is apparently from today. Every time I think the stand can't possibly look as bad as everyone says, the latest pics confirm just how staggeringly awful it really is!

https://random.carrd.co/assets/images/gallery01/01_original.jpg?v55077950372051

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Here's why!

Signed
F BalloonBest ignored, it's another one of their bogus "special relationship" situations where they claim things, or even events as their own.

The stones are nothing to do with them pre dating their existence by some time.

It's a bit like claiming to be the Pope because you've got a big white pointy hat.

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 05:42 PM
This pic is apparently from today. Every time I think the stand can't possibly look as bad as everyone says, the latest pics confirm just how staggeringly awful it really is!

Wow, that's a lot of glass!

SuperAllyMcleod
14-08-2017, 06:01 PM

They do advertise themselves as "the most petty, and I'll informed, show on the radio".

You should listen to Cosgrove on teams that have gone through admin - no wonder the Jambos don't like him.

SuperAllyMcleod
14-08-2017, 06:06 PM

And a lot of visible frames to hold it in - what happened to the smooth 'curtain' facade?

Quite relieved though, I was so bitter and jealous when I saw the artists impression. [emoji6]

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Best ignored, it's another one of their bogus "special relationship" situations where they claim things, or even events as their own.

The stones are nothing to do with them pre dating their existence by some time.

It's a bit like claiming to be the Pope because you've got a big white pointy hat.

That's the KKK mate :greengrin

lapsedhibee
14-08-2017, 06:14 PM
And a lot of visible frames to hold it in - what happened to the smooth 'curtain' facade?

It's more like a venetian blind than a curtain.

Bostonhibby
That's the KKK mate :greengrinKeep sevco out of it please.

They're a bit sensitive the now, you'll get a statement from the grand wizard of club 1690.

SirDavidsNapper

I can only assume the darker areas are some sort of glass protection and will be removed later on? Only thing I can think of as it's not really a glass curtain wall.

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 06:15 PM
They will need it, just in case they forget to order light bulbs:wink:

Sergey
14-08-2017, 06:20 PM

One solitary worker and he looks to be on the phone.

Hardly a thriving building site working to a tight deadline. There looks like a lot of work to be done before 5th November.

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Keep sevco out of it please.

They're a bit sensitive the now, you'll get a statement from the grand wizard of club 1690.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Its fine, absolutely fine ...... Its a long overdue replacement for a death trap which should have been condemned 20 odd years ago and will bring Hearts up to scratch compared to most premiership clubs and ahead of a few others with regard to corporate facilities, offices, changing rooms, press facilities and a few other things.

What it is not is the shining example to the rest of Scottish football of what a new stand should be that Hearts were proclaiming it was going to be. It is not anywhere close to the glass curtain wall homage to 21st century architecture the Hearts fans were promised, in actual fact it is no different to a number of functionary office buildings which have been thrown up around the UK since the 1970s which have little or no architectural or aesthetic merit and add little or nothing to the areas that surround them.

If that is what it is going to look like when its finished adding a Hearts badge over the entrance and landscaping the area in front of it is not going to improve the basic look of the building ............ In 20,30,40, 50 a hundred years time when it gets bulldozed I doubt it will attract any more hand wringing or sadness amongst the residents of Auld Reekie than the demolition of St James centre has.

In short ..... it aint bonny :bitchy:

Jack Hackett
14-08-2017, 06:42 PM
It's an office block... end of!

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Its fine, absolutely fine ...... Its a long overdue replacement for a death trap which should have been condemned 20 odd years ago and will bring Hearts up to scratch compared to most premiership clubs and ahead of a few others with regard to corporate facilities, offices, changing rooms, press facilities and a few other things.

What it is not is the shining example to the rest of Scottish football of what a new stand should be that Hearts were proclaiming it was going to be. It is not anywhere close to the glass curtain wall homage to 21st century architecture the Hearts fans were promised, in actual fact it is no different to a number of functionary office buildings which have been thrown up around the UK since the 1970s which have little or no architectural or aesthetic merit and add little or nothing to the areas that surround them.

If that is what it is going to look like when its finished adding a Hearts badge over the entrance and landscaping the area in front of it is not going to improve the basic look of the building ............ In 20,30,40, 50 a hundred years time when it gets bulldozed I doubt it will attract any more hand wringing or sadness amongst the residents of Auld Reekie than the demolition of St James centre has.

In short ..... it aint bonny :bitchy:Utilitarian is the best I can muster.

Ronniekirk
14-08-2017, 06:45 PM

Tyncastle Beach Maybe going to build a training facility there so they can uncover the next Brazilian Super Star right on their door step
Any sign of those Seats

Not In The Know
14-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Edinburgh Green
14-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I can only assume the darker areas are some sort of glass protection and will be removed later on? Only thing I can think of as it's not really a glass curtain wall.

It's all glass, the grey areas are spandrel panels that are trying to hide floor slabs, ductwork etc

BSEJVT
14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Budgie isn't daft

The construction as evidenced by today's photos is a fall back plan for their inevitable total demise.

The back of the stand will be re-let in a heartbeat for cheap office space and that will help fund the demolition of the PBS and the long awaited redevelopment to flats flats glorious flats.

My respect for the woman's business acumen grows daily:fibber:

Blocks Biloxi
14-08-2017, 07:00 PM
It looks like Edinburgh Airport... which was built in the mid-70s.

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 07:01 PM
It's all glass, the grey areas are spandrel panels that are trying to hide floor slabs, ductwork etcOh dear. What mess.

SanFranHibs
14-08-2017, 07:08 PM

If you don't have a midfield get yourself a minefield.

fat freddy
14-08-2017, 07:19 PM
The Glam Stand... it just screams SEVENTIES !!

Has the Wernham Hogg sign arrived from Slough yet ?

Eyrie
14-08-2017, 07:30 PM

It's a shame that the Carbuncle Awards have stopped, because that stand would be a surefire winner and it was Hearts best chance of winning anything in the next twenty years.

Jack
14-08-2017, 07:49 PM

So they will be inside this prefab looking oot wee windaes longing for the chance to lick the bigger windaes that are somehow glued on to this so they can see the street outside and the nondescript school across the road?

Then after they've paid over 2 grand a season (half season this season) for hospitality where they sit with their knees up round their necks for 90 minutes they go back, for what I have to say is a decent grub and bevvy, waiting for the real curtain to be drawn to block out the crap view?

Maybe the real curtain will have a picture of the castle on it!

Remember The Castle only appears on our badge. It's ours!

They will be celebrating the Hibees!

Kato
14-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Is it that colour because they used to have a second strip the same? Or is it because its cheap (as chips).

Aldo
14-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Is anyone able to provide an eticketing overview with what seats are still available to buy in the megastand??

rotherhamrob
14-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Jeezo,I'd love that!
Just to clarify,I'm a window cleaner for a living. In this instance money upfront of course.

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Is anyone able to provide an eticketing overview with what seats are still available to buy in the megastand??

Seats?

Aldo
14-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Seats?

Aye if one was to purchase a ST!

Not for me but might confirm something!
I am sure someone posted a dot count overview i.e. Eticketing

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 08:13 PM

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1495

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Aye if one was to purchase a ST!

Not for me but might confirm something!
I am sure someone posted a dot count overview i.e. Eticketing

Aye, it was me. See above post.

Aldo
14-08-2017, 08:15 PM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1495

Cheers HC however a version where I can see the dots! If that makes sense

Jack Hackett
14-08-2017, 08:15 PM
One solitary worker and he looks to be on the phone.

Hardly a thriving building site working to a tight deadline. There looks like a lot of work to be done before 5th November.

I've found 3 :greengrin

That'll help getting it back on track

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 08:18 PM
I've found 3 :greengrin

That'll help getting it back on track

4 👍

Jack Hackett
14-08-2017, 08:21 PM
4 👍

... Goes back and has another butchers...

Callum7
14-08-2017, 08:23 PM

19184191851918619188191891919019191Is this what you're looking for?

Jack Hackett
14-08-2017, 08:24 PM
... Got him! Behind orange jacket... Well spotted :aok:

Aldo
14-08-2017, 08:25 PM
19184191851918619188191891919019191Is this what you're looking for?

Yip. I take it yellow means limited seating and I see section T has been sold right to front rows.

Calum thanks for that.

Deansy
14-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Every time I see a picture/update of their new stand, an old adage keeps coming to mind - 'It's like putting lip-stick on a pig' - dunno why ??

CapitalGreen
14-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Yip. I take it yellow means limited seating and I see section T has been sold right to front rows.

Calum thanks for that.

If you are checking regarding the police box, the seats behind it have never been available for sale via their eticketing site.

Aldo
14-08-2017, 08:33 PM
If you are checking regarding the police box, the seats behind it have never been available for sale via their eticketing site.

Ah! Indeed I am! That whole section for at least 10 rows back would be restricted!!

That would be quite a few seats

greenlex
14-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Ah! Indeed I am! That whole section for at least 10 rows back would be restricted!!

Can you do a dot count and confirm capacity?

Criswell
14-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Jeezo,I'd love that!
Just to clarify,I'm a window cleaner for a living. In this instance money upfront of course.

Normally, like the vast,vast majority I suspect, the appearance of the outside of the opposition's stadium would be one of complete indifference; however, I will take exception to that thing and say: it is Hideous!!!

Brunswickbill
15-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Normally, like the vast,vast majority I suspect, the appearance of the outside of the opposition's stadium would be one of complete indifference; however, I will take exception to that thing and say: it is Hideous!!!

I wouldn't go so far as saying it's hideous. It's clearly built on the cheap, lacking imagination, uninspiring, lacking flair, dul and boring; pretty much reflects their team as I see it.

southern hibby
15-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Heard a little rumour that the reason it's behind schedule is that Herts had to buy frying pans, deep fat driers and a thing called a microwave ( totally new invention by all accounts) so they can practice cooking these chips, including microwaveable chips.

This leads on to the training the staff have to receive cooking said chips with newly bought items. However rumour has it someone forgot to order the potatoes and training is now behind schedule and means CHIPS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST 2 HOME TIES IN THE GREENHOUSE STAND.

Really not sure how the fans will react to this news as no doubt that's why they're buying season tickets to go there. Well it's not to watch A decent Herts team is it?

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
15-08-2017, 08:11 AM
They seem to think they will have huge lettering on the stand saying Tynecastle Park. I think they'll be dissapointed.

Aldo
15-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Can you do a dot count and confirm capacity?

Will try later from the details Calum provided. At a glance it looks like at least 10 rows in Section T will be affected by this.

At this early count I would suggest approx 200 seats could be in this area!!

If any of our resident attendees could try and get a photo from that area it would give us a better idea!

CapitalGreen
15-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Here's a picture from when tickets went on sale that I posted earlier in the thread. You can see the L shaped section cut out the bottom left of the stand where the Police box is located. Working back from this at an angle, you can see that the seats are unavailable (every 6 rows back, the available seats move one across).

https://s13.postimg.org/a358p996f/222.png

CapitalGreen
15-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Will try later from the details Calum provided. At a glance it looks like at least 10 rows in Section T will be affected by this.

At this early count I would suggest approx 200 seats could be in this area!!

If any of our resident attendees could try and get a photo from that area it would give us a better idea!

About 95-100 I'd say based on my previous post.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Wonder if all that heavy rain last night set them back another month? :greengrin

--------
15-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Jings, that's awful. Who's the architect? The ghost of Walter Ulbricht? The four square holes in the centre panels - is that where they're going to put the Purple Pomegranate?

Aldo
15-08-2017, 08:59 AM
About 95-100 I'd say based on my previous post.

Thanks for that.

Your image is better than the one yesterday.

Agree re numbers.

100 is still alot.

I still think those sitting in the full rows in that section will struggle to see. As mentioned a photo from the rear would be beneficial!

--------
15-08-2017, 09:16 AM
http://www.lansh.scot.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/motherwell-hc_1565-500px-500x375.jpg

I knew it reminded me of something - Motherwell Health Centre.

They've even copied the railing along the edge of the roof.

rotherhamrob
15-08-2017, 10:49 AM

I agree about its looks.
I was on about cleaning them😎

Edinburgh Green
15-08-2017, 12:17 PM

Craigmount High School, or Hearts new stand? :dunno:

southsider
15-08-2017, 12:22 PM
I agree about its looks.
I was on about cleaning them😎
Ah,but wait, they have self cleaning windows ! Works will with bird-**** lol.

The_Sauz
15-08-2017, 12:39 PM

That's the old Craigmount High :agree: The one I went too many moons ago :greengrin

Sean1875
15-08-2017, 12:53 PM
That's the old Craigmount High :agree: The one I went too many moons ago :greengrin

I was lucky enough to move into the new fancy upgraded Craigmount in its second year :smug:

Probably took less time to construct that school than the yams new stand too!

Hibee87
15-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Does anyone else think the architect just walked past the old Cirrus Logic building on Westfield road after a game one day and thought, a bigger version of this would be cracking.

jacomo
15-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Does anyone else think the architect just walked past the old Cirrus Logic building on Westfield road after a game one day and thought, a cheaper version of this would be cracking.

:cb

Jack Hackett
15-08-2017, 03:13 PM
There are thousands of buildings which look like that...

... None of them are football stadiums

:lolyam:

G B Young
15-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Some quotes from kickback on the latest pics to be posted of the yams' new office block:

"I'd just like to make the point that the glass facade is now covered in site dust and has lost its lustre until it get a final clean."

"Sadly its going to take a lot more than a bit of windowlene to get rid of that horrendous 'grid' type lines all over the façade http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png
I remain hopeful that the end caps will hide some of it, but based on the answers I've had - I don't think they'll hide it as well as most will have hoped."

"Seeing wee bits like the corner end caps and the mount for the badge (I assume) just give the feel of it all coming together. Boys on site must be working like trojans."

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Some quotes from kickback on the latest pics to be posted of the yams' new office block:

"I'd just like to make the point that the glass facade is now covered in site dust and has lost its lustre until it get a final clean."

"Sadly its going to take a lot more than a bit of windowlene to get rid of that horrendous 'grid' type lines all over the façade http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png
I remain hopeful that the end caps will hide some of it, but based on the answers I've had - I don't think they'll hide it as well as most will have hoped."

"Seeing wee bits like the corner end caps and the mount for the badge (I assume) just give the feel of it all coming together. Boys on site must be working like trojans."

They must be working like 4 trojans as there were reports of as many as 4 high visibility jackets on site just recently.

This is how to run a major project. On budget and on time.

Firestarter
15-08-2017, 03:31 PM
It's a **** tip. Suits them to a tee.

It's like a fat old gadge from Gorgie getting a 4th hand LCD screen from cash converter to replace the one with the giant boxes he's had for 30 years. They will be happy enough with it thinking it's wonderful, let them be. :cb

stantonhibby
15-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Me too

Ozyhibby
15-08-2017, 03:45 PM
They must be working like 4 trojans as there were reports of as many as 4 high visibility jackets on site just recently.

This is how to run a major project. On budget and on time.

Passed it about an hour ago. There are not a lot of men on site.

Malthibby
15-08-2017, 03:45 PM

That last one must be one of us, shurely?

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAny trojans? Or trojans horses?[emoji1]

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2017, 04:03 PM

Wow, that does look scarily similar, even more scary that apparently it's been demolished and replaced with a 'modern' building. I would imagine any Yams who are Craigmount old boys with seats in the new stand wont be sure if they are about to watch a football game or sit through a double period of maths :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
15-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Brand spanking new stand, envy of most clubs., miles better than the hobos Ikea lego stand, but hell mend us for the ******g "grid type lines". ***

Someone actually said that on Kickback 🤣🤣🤣🤣

greenginger
15-08-2017, 05:13 PM

I had a peak in this morning . Lots of men in hard hats , trouble was , most of them were standing in circles looking at plans and scratching their heads.

Very little construction actually taking place.

mca
15-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Speaking to a jambo fan dan at the weekend and he Believed it was Going to Look like Bolton`s ground...

I Just wish i had Known what Bolton's Looked like at the time..... They really are deluded !!!

mutley
15-08-2017, 08:49 PM

Oh that is SOOOO similar, please please please someone post that up on JKB

SirDavidsNapper
15-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Speaking to a jambo fan dan at the weekend and he Believed it was Going to Look like Bolton`s ground...

I Just wish i had Known what Bolton's Looked like at the time..... They really are deluded !!!

Was down there with Hibs for their keepers testimonial a few years back. Nice stadium. In no way is it like the pbs 😂

mca
15-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Was down there with Hibs for their keepers testimonial a few years back. Nice stadium. In no way is it like the pbs 😂

Didnt know at the time.. But Now i Know !!! Thinking about it - maybe glad i never knew at the time or i might have done a pishy breeks on myself.. :wink:

I told him it looked more like this - 19212.. He wasn't very happy and he left soon after..

Mantis Toboggan
15-08-2017, 08:55 PM

Macron is indeed excellent and has good transport links to make up for being out of town.
PBS has more in common with Gigg Lane.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 09:04 PM

19211Probably confused as they did get some second hand girders from a scrap metal dealer in Bolton.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2017, 10:03 PM

What !!! .... ha ha ha.

He must have been winding you up mate ..... I was there when Hibs played them and the Wongadome is light years behind Bolton's place, as is Easter Road to be honest, probably the best medium sized ground in the UK.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2017, 11:23 PM
This from JKB's new stand thread:

"No other club has such a loyal fan base, I will say this though that this stand will be a standing legacy of just how loyal a fan base we have. A standing dominant reminder to all those Hibs ***** that wanted us dead that we as a support refused to go quietly in the night , that we as a support did not walk away , that we as a support will go down in history that stood by that glorious institution that is Heart of Midlothian. FTH."

All they need now is Mel Gibson with his face painted Maroon, cardigan blowing in the wind, standing through the sun roof of his Rover shouting ........ Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeedom !!! :faf:

Kato
16-08-2017, 12:19 AM

"No other club has such a loyal fan base, I will say this though that this stand will be a standing legacy of just how loyal a fan base we have. A standing dominant reminder to all those Hibs ***** that wanted us dead that we as a support refused to go quietly in the night , that we as a support did not walk away , that we as a support will go down in history that stood by that glorious institution that is Heart of Midlothian. FTH."

All they need now is Mel Gibson with his face painted Maroon, cardigan blowing in the wind, standing through the sun roof of his Rover shouting ........ Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeedom !!! :faf:

Do they ever not mention Hibs when they have these "inspirational" moments. I really do miss the "open letter" era. Maybe it'll make a come-back.

Mainstandman
16-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Me too

And me

greenginger
16-08-2017, 07:55 AM

That'll be the same muppets who sold their shares in their Club to a crook like Romanov for the promise of " investment ".

Some would say it was them who had the death wish for HOMFC rather than us just laughing on the sidelines.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2017, 08:00 AM

I've always felt that this is a Mr Hearts image, replete with stadium backdrop.

lord bunberry
16-08-2017, 08:13 AM

You forgot the faux leather driving gloves mate :greengrin

worcesterhibby
16-08-2017, 08:28 AM
What !!! .... ha ha ha.

He must have been winding you up mate ..... I was there when Hibs played them and the Wongadome is light years behind Bolton's place, as is Easter Road to be honest, probably the best medium sized ground in the UK.

I've been to Boltons ground too and the Old Burden park and I have to say I felt that although the facilities inside the new ground are excellent, it does feel like a very soulless place when it comes to match day experience. I love walking along real streets to approach a football ground...I get excited when i first see the floodlights poking out from behind a tenement or a row of back to backs. I love going to the local pub that has been there for years and the chippy round the corner. I love that moment when the stands first properly come in too view. Seeing floods of supporters arriving from all directions, programme sellers on street corners, dodgy badge sellers, police horses...all set within the backdrop of a real community, a community that grew the club, that loves the club, that the club represents

You get none of that with The Reebok or whatever they call it now. It's just big soulless piece of concrete with a big car park, off a dual carriageway...like the Ikea of football grounds..set away in a bland, concrete retail park with no community around it.

Can you imagine the irony of the Hibs fans singing "Sunshine On Leith" if we had moved to our very own soulless Reebok stadium at Straiton ?

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better. I do understand that sometimes to fund improvements and because of the constraints of being in amongst housing, selling your ground and moving out of town is the best thing...St Johnstone have an excellent stadium and fair play to them..but for me a proper football ground is in the heart of the community.

Although I have to admit, the fact that Hearts new stand looks like a 1970's office block or technical college is quite funny and I am enjoying their incompetence with the seats and the general mickey taking...I will also be pleased when it is built, we need the infrastructure of Scottish football improved, we need other clubs to follow Hibs example.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I've been to Boltons ground too and the Old Burden park and I have to say I felt that although the facilities inside the new ground are excellent, it does feel like a very soulless place when it comes to match day experience. I love walking along real streets to approach a football ground...I get excited when i first see the floodlights poking out from behind a tenement or a row of back to backs. I love going to the local pub that has been there for years and the chippy round the corner. I love that moment when the stands first properly come in too view. Seeing floods of supporters arriving from all directions, programme sellers on street corners, dodgy badge sellers, police horses...all set within the backdrop of a real community, a community that grew the club, that loves the club, that the club represents

You get none of that with The Reebok or whatever they call it now. It's just big soulless piece of concrete with a big car park, off a dual carriageway...like the Ikea of football grounds..set away in a bland, concrete retail park with no community around it.

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better.

Although I have to admit, the fact that Hearts new stand looks like a 1970's office block or technical college is quite funny and I am enjoying their incompetence with the seats and the general mickey taking...I will also be pleased when it is built, we need the infrastructure of Scottish football improved, we need other clubs to follow Hibs example.

Agreed, it really is a good stadium, I used to do a lot of work for a firm who are based in the stadium, I stayed in the hotel that is part of the development often, maybe this is where the yam is getting confused - he thinks they are actually building the Romanov box of drawings based megasuperhotelstadium that they all believed in, instead of what they are actually getting all excited about which is the replacement of just one old stand with a rather bland, over budget and overdue box with windows that they think is unique.

No wonder clever people keep taking advantage of them

Iain G
16-08-2017, 08:50 AM
They seem to think they will have huge lettering on the stand saying Tynecastle Park. I think they'll be dissapointed.

Signage has gone up this morning...

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2017, 08:51 AM

19215🤣

Is It On....
16-08-2017, 08:52 AM

That is brilliant..

Hibbyradge
16-08-2017, 09:14 AM

What does "We as a support" mean?

Is it different to ""we"?

Geo_1875
16-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Can you imagine the irony of the Hibs fans singing "Sunshine On Leith" if we had moved to our very own soulless Reebok stadium at Straiton ?

It won't be a popular sentiment on here, but I for one am very glad that Hearts have chosen to try to upgrade Tynecastle..it needed doing and it's good for Scottish football as a whole and I'm sad to hear all the talk about Aberdeen building a Reebok style out of town stadium. Let's be clear, Hibs (and possibly Celtic) have been the two shining lights in ground development in Scotland. We have a fantastic stadium in the heart of Leith, that is a credit to our club and to Scottish football. The sooner clubs like Hearts and Dundee and the rest start following suit the better. I do understand that sometimes to fund improvements and because of the constraints of being in amongst housing, selling your ground and moving out of town is the best thing...St Johnstone have an excellent stadium and fair play to them..but for me a proper football ground is in the heart of the community.

They are wasting time and money building their new stand while the rest of the ground is in it's current state. If they want to stay in Gorgie they should have followed Tottenham's example rather than Liverpool's. Move out clear the site and rebuild a modern sustainable stadium that won't need further massive investment when the rusty sheet metal starts falling around their ears. However, that would have taken more time and more money, neither of which they have.

Is It On....
16-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Apparently "Our new stand will look amazing when finished, just glad it'll not look like like a breeze block cheap and nasty effort like ER"

kaimendhibs
16-08-2017, 09:34 AM

All they need now is Mel Gibson with his face painted Maroon, cardigan blowing in the wind, standing through the sun roof of his Rover shouting ........ Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeedom !!! :faf:[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
16-08-2017, 09:39 AM

They are right on one point, Hibs wanted us dead🤣

Only kidding, we wouldn't have so many laughs if they weren't around

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Apparently "Our new stand will look amazing when finished, just glad it'll not look like like a breeze block cheap and nasty effort like ER"

There's Easter Road and then there's that mess

Firestarter
16-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Imagine slagging off Easter Road when you have that utter midden in every stand.

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Imagine slagging off Easter Road when you have that utter midden in every stand.

It's a bit like a Salford fan slagging off Old Trafford

Is It On....
16-08-2017, 10:25 AM

Man United are the biggest team in Salford 😂

Firestarter
16-08-2017, 10:26 AM

👍

green day
16-08-2017, 11:10 AM
What does "We as a support" mean?

Is it different to ""we"?

He said it three times, so it must be an important grammatical device..........or, hes a fanny ?

worcesterhibby
16-08-2017, 11:18 AM
They are wasting time and money building their new stand while the rest of the ground is in it's current state. If they want to stay in Gorgie they should have followed Tottenham's example rather than Liverpool's. Move out clear the site and rebuild a modern sustainable stadium that won't need further massive investment when the rusty sheet metal starts falling around their ears. However, that would have taken more time and more money, neither of which they have.

We built the new stands one at a time didn't we ? and our ground was a bloody shambles in the 1980's

Iain G
16-08-2017, 11:18 AM
He said it three times, so it must be an important grammatical device..........or, hes a fanny ?

So they are the big team but admit they have a we support? :greengrin

jacomo
16-08-2017, 11:45 AM

So they are building the stand because of Hibs?

Who is in who's shadow again?

Geo_1875
16-08-2017, 11:47 AM
We built the new stands one at a time didn't we ? and our ground was a bloody shambles in the 1980's

Yes we did. They don't have the access to develop much more unless they purchase property surrounding the site. That won't happen.

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Some flump over there comparing Tynecastle to Borussia Dortmunds stadium. Heard it all now.