PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

KeithTheHibby
04-08-2017, 08:07 AM
What we need to remember is this situation is horrendous for the yams on and off the pitch. Playing all these games away from home,(the and coupled with the fact that a delay in the stand will be hitting them in the pocket is not good news.
Does anyone really expect them to get bumper crowds at Murrayfield? Realistically are many more Hearts fans going to attend a game because it's getting played there?
They've sold approx 14k season tickets so how many more walk ups? If they are lucky they will get 20k at the Huns game. The other ones much less.
Need to get a wee bit of perspective here guys.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Statement released by them to say they are 2 months delayed on superstand..... playing at least three matches at Murrayfield. Cue meltdown on JKB over how this could have happened, how many tickets will the hubs get etc etc

Your thread is even later than their stand! :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
04-08-2017, 08:10 AM
25000 Hearts & 20000 Rangers fans in a 67000 stadium should be easily segregated. There are plenty of options to send fans there separate ways after the game. It will cost money but with a decent increase in the attendance it will be easily covered. Clubs don't pay for policing outside the ground or additional public transport

Those figures are pie in the sky and plucked from nowhere.
I also think clubs do pay for policing outside the stadium, why should the tax payer take the hit?

Renfrew_Hibby
04-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Surely the police will have a say in the size of the crowd? Murrayfield should be restricted to 20,000 for these games?

Hermit Crab
04-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Those figures are pie in the sky and plucked from nowhere.
I also think clubs do pay for policing outside the stadium, why should the tax payer take the hit?

Clubs pay for policing the public streets around the ground? :confused:

Diclonius
04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
How long does this take them into? I'd love a derby at Murrayfield.

matty_f
04-08-2017, 08:27 AM

:hilarious

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2017, 08:30 AM
P.s Whittaker has signed

lapsedhibee
04-08-2017, 08:32 AM
25000 Hearts & 20000 Rangers fans in a 67000 stadium should be easily segregated. There are plenty of options to send fans there separate ways after the game. It will cost money but with a decent increase in the attendance it will be easily covered. Clubs don't pay for policing outside the ground or additional public transport

How are there going to be 25000 Hearts fans? Does the worldwide yam diaspora have some reason to congregate in Edinburgh on the day?

southsider
04-08-2017, 08:35 AM
How long does this take them into? I'd love a derby at Murrayfield.
First away Derby 27th Dec. Although we might draw them in the League Cup ooops might not

KeithTheHibby
04-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Clubs pay for policing the public streets around the ground? :confused:

Are you asking me if they do? Surely if the police are required in the ground then the club pays. Would the same not apply outside the stadium?

ancient hibee
04-08-2017, 08:38 AM
How are there going to be 25000 Hearts fans? Does the worldwide yam diaspora have some reason to congregate in Edinburgh on the day?

No a draw will be arranged among the 400,000 and a lucky 25,000 will be allowed to go.

Just Jimmy
04-08-2017, 08:38 AM
whilst at Murryfield they should be capped at selling the same number of tickets as previously at the piggery. As with ICT they should be made to play a full round of fixtures at the same venue.

anyway it won't happen we all know they are the establishment club and scottish football doesnt give a flying one about integrity.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
04-08-2017, 08:39 AM
And we're trying to get Stokes.Negotiations are ongoing.

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 08:39 AM

The worst part of all of this is the additional zombie fans going to be in Edinburgh that day - was bad enough when Celtic played recently but police presence will have to be pretty big.

HibbySpurs
04-08-2017, 08:44 AM
What we need to remember is this situation is horrendous for the yams on and off the pitch. Playing all these games away from home,(the and coupled with the fact that a delay in the stand will be hitting them in the pocket is not good news.
Does anyone really expect them to get bumper crowds at Murrayfield? Realistically are many more Hearts fans going to attend a game because it's getting played there?
They've sold approx 14k season tickets so how many more walk ups? If they are lucky they will get 20k at the Huns game. The other ones much less.
Need to get a wee bit of perspective here guys.

Agree that the touting of 40k plus crowd is lala land stuff. Sure they will probably get more than the PBS would hold but 25k tops is my feeling.

No danger will 25k yams turn up for one league game, they couldn't even sell that for LC final against St. Mirren at Hampden and sevco will sell a fair bit more but 20k+? Unlikely.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Already another thread on this. They're not upset at all, they're celebrating all the extra tickets they'll get and how many more they can sell to Rangers to add to their coffers.

There WAS.

Some mean Admin merged it with the other thread about the new stand capacity

:boo hoo:

broondog
04-08-2017, 08:52 AM
I am sure many of you have seen that the Yams new stand has been "delayed" due to unforeseen circumstances that they neglect to mention.After years of cheating financially in various ways I for one do not accept that this is something that has happened unintentionally.

They will now be moving to their "contingency plan" which happens to involve calling upon Scottish Rugby who we know are at their constant beck and call, and play 3 home fixtures at Murrayfield, which happens to have a capacity of around 67,000.

The first thing I take issue with is the fact Scottish Rugby bends over backwards to help them out time and time again. what are they actually getting out of this arrangement? the cheats shouldn't be allowed to expose another sports body, which is totally independent from Hearts for their own financial gain. they should be forced to play far away from Edinburgh somewhere else.

The second thing that is totally unacceptable is the fact they are able to expose Murrayfield's huge capacity and earn a lot more money off the back of these fixtures to finance the new stand that they have already cheated to build. Two of the three fixtures happen to coincide with big matches against Rangers and Aberdeen.You can see attendances of around 30,000 for those due to the Yams chomping at the bit to get in and huge travelling supports. if they were playing Kile or Hamilton I don't think that they would have this "delay".

My mates I go to the games with and others we know will be writing to Scottish Rugby to express our views and put pressure on them to not give the Yams permission to play there. they should be forced to play outside of Edinburgh somewhere and not expose other organisations for their own financial gain. For anyone else that wishes to join us, the email and address are below.

This is taken from the Scottish Rugby website:

"If you have an issue to raise about any aspect of Scottish Rugby please contact us by email only at feedback@sru.org.uk."

BT Murrayfield
Edinburgh EH12 5PJ
Tel: 0131 346 5000
Fax: 0131 346 5001

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2017, 08:56 AM
In no way shape or form should they be allowed to gain financially from playing at Murrayfeild

Baw187
04-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I hate the Hearts as much as the next Hibby but this is somewhat OTT.

They've had a delay, and have agreed a contingency option with the SRU. Big deal. Who cares?

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2017, 09:00 AM
I am sure many of you have seen that the Yams new stand has been "delayed" due to unforeseen circumstances that they neglect to mention.After years of cheating financially in various ways I for one do not accept that this is something that has happened unintentionally.

They will now be moving to their "contingency plan" which happens to involve calling upon Scottish Rugby who we know are at their constant beck and call, and play 3 home fixtures at Murrayfield, which happens to have a capacity of around 67,000.

The first thing I take issue with is the fact Scottish Rugby bends over backwards to help them out time and time again. what are they actually getting out of this arrangement? the cheats shouldn't be allowed to expose another sports body, which is totally independent from Hearts for their own financial gain. they should be forced to play far away from Edinburgh somewhere else.

The second thing that is totally unacceptable is the fact they are able to expose Murrayfield's huge capacity and earn a lot more money off the back of these fixtures to finance the new stand that they have already cheated to build. Two of the three fixtures happen to coincide with big matches against Rangers and Aberdeen.You can see attendances of around 30,000 for those due to the Yams chomping at the bit to get in and huge travelling supports. if they were playing Kile or Hamilton I don't think that they would have this "delay".

My mates I go to the games with and others we know will be writing to Scottish Rugby to express our views and put pressure on them to not give the Yams permission to play there. they should be forced to play outside of Edinburgh somewhere and not expose other organisations for their own financial gain. For anyone else that wishes to join us, the email and address are below.

"If you have an issue to raise about any aspect of Scottish Rugby please contact us by email only at feedback@sru.org.uk."

BT Murrayfield
Edinburgh EH12 5PJ

How much are they paying the SRU for rent of the stadium?

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Hearts want to pay the SRU money to rent our their stadium 3 times and you want me to write to the SRU and tell them not to take this nice little earner because I'm a Hibs fan and it'll make me upset?

Really?

Really?

Yes, it has a capacity of 67k.

No, they won't come close to any sort of sellout.

Hearts are having to pay rent on Murrayfield, they'll have to pay for more security than usual to make up for the fact Murrayfield isn't designed for segregation, they'll be playing no home matches til November (by home I mean home not a neutral venue) and to top it off as usual they've overstreched themselves and made an arse of it. I find it all delightfully amusing, I'm certainly not going to write letters whining about it.

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 09:02 AM

They've had a delay, and have agreed a contingency option with the SRU. Big deal. Who cares?

It does smack of cheating, AGAIN.... Horrible club, horrible support.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 09:03 AM

BT Murrayfield
Edinburgh EH12 5PJ

Where are these huge travelling supports materialising from?

I can't remember the last time Aberdeen sold out their allocation at ER and my Rangers supporting mate usually has no bother picking up spares outside the ground for the away end at Easter Road.

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2017, 09:04 AM
It does smack of cheating, AGAIN.... Horrible club, horrible support.

How is it cheating?

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:05 AM
There's some serious pant wetting going on here.

Winston Ingram
04-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Bit of an over reaction. This is a JKBesque post.

The SRU are a business and the stadium can be hired by anyone and i've heard it's £100k a game. It's not being used on the dates that they needed so fair enough. It was for the Partick match, therefore they had to flip it.

On top of that, they're not going to sell many more tickets. I cannot think for one moment the prospect of rattling about in that stadium with St Johnstone fans is really going to set a run on ticket sales.

It's likely going to be an almighty hit in the pocket. Stadium hire, lost catering money, extra security, increased admin costs to plan the move for 3 games.

I'm delighted they've had to do this.

Mikey
04-08-2017, 09:07 AM
The bigger issue for us should be Aberdeen and Rangers playing them at a neutral venue whilst we still play them at Tynecastle. It's not a level playing field.

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 09:07 AM

BT Murrayfield
Edinburgh EH12 5PJ

Most people won't care where they play other than Hearts fans, don't see the issue to be honest.

Cabbage Lad
04-08-2017, 09:08 AM
It's not cheating.
This plan will have been in place from the start.
Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:08 AM
The bigger issue for us should be Aberdeen and Rangers playing them at a neutral venue whilst we still play them at Tynecastle. It's not a level playing field.

:agree:

If there's an issue it's this. Hearts are gaining no advantage from this at all, and certainly not a sporting one.

green day
04-08-2017, 09:09 AM
I dislike the jambos as much as any other right thinking hibby, but come on !!

The SRU are pretty skint themselves - I am fairly sure (although not 100% certain) that they will be the main beneficiaries of this move.

They will have guaranteed rent, maybe even a portion of any additional tickets sold (?), and in addition Hearts will be paying for a lot more security, police, etc than usual. I would be very surprised if the SRU are not getting the lions share of any additional money spent on catering / hospitality (if any exists).

I am certain that hearts would have preferred to be at home - if this was some kind of ruse to make cash, they would have said it would be ready now and played home matches from August to November there.

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 09:09 AM
For someone who is supposedly a canny businesswomen, Anne Budge's running of Hearts just lurches from one shambles to the next. Long may it continue.

cocteautwin
04-08-2017, 09:11 AM
I sort of agree with the sentiment of this post. They seem to fall on their feet every time when it comes to finances. Even after they went in to Admin they only suffered for one year and then everything back to normal. Sickening. Hope there's a boycott of the matches by the away fans.

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:11 AM
I sort of agree with the sentiment of this post. They seem to fall on their feet every time when it comes to finances. Even after they went in to Admin they only suffered for one year and then everything back to normal. Sickening. Hope there's a boycott of the matches by the away fans.

This is not a good thing for Hearts financially, it's going to cost them.

CMac1988
04-08-2017, 09:12 AM

This is pretty much where I'm at.

Let's be honest SRU are most likely getting a cut of the home gates as they ain't getting money up from in the form of 'renting' out the stadium. I doubt there will be that much profit from it.

The one thing that's irksome though is that it's a neutral venue in some sense for their first few home games. This gives teams that could be seen as are main rivals for the season given an advantage we and others won't.

Also I still can't see it being ready in their revised date. Mutrayfield will no longer be an option as the national side has tests coming up, leaving Easter Road the only viable option as playing in an unfinished stadium comes with many issues but before all that their season ticket holders wouldn't all be able to attend. Same if they were to try and use Livingstons stadium.

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 09:14 AM
How is it cheating?

Probably lying about the delay because they think they can gain from it....

Baw187

Let's be honest SRU are most likely getting a cut of the home gates as they ain't getting money up from in the form of 'renting' out the stadium. I doubt there will be that much profit from it.

The one thing that's irksome though is that it's a neutral venue in some sense for their first few home games. This gives teams that could be seen as are main rivals for the season given an advantage we and others won't.

Also I still can't see it being ready in their revised date. Mutrayfield will no longer be an option as the national side has tests coming up, leaving Easter Road the only viable option as playing in an unfinished stadium comes with many issues but before all that their season ticket holders wouldn't all be able to attend. Same if they were to try and use Livingstons stadium.

I get the neutral venue bit but my personal preference is for Hearts to get pumped every time they take the field. So despite Aberdeen and Rangers potentially being our rivals, I'd always want them to beat Hearts in any case.

degenerated
How are there going to be 25000 Hearts fans? Does the worldwide yam diaspora have some reason to congregate in Edinburgh on the day?They can't muster that number for cup finals so how would they expect that number for a game that's on TV.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
By the time they actually play games at Murrayfield they'll be down towards the bottom of the league struggling big time. They won't get great crowds when they've got 4 points after 7 games and the fans are baying for Levein's blood.

Let them play at Murrayfield as long as they want. I can't imagine the rent is cheap.

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Certainly wouldn't put it past them.

green day
04-08-2017, 09:16 AM

I dont think that would be allowed to happen when they have a perfectly workable stadium of their own. They sold STs for a stand they havnt built? Tough titty, deal with your own fans, the matches can still take place.

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2017, 09:17 AM

How are they going to gain from it, though?

Jones28
04-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Well this is pretty sad. Am I bollocks taking time to write to the SRU to
complain about them using murrayfield. Who gives a ****? They have to rent the stadium from them and the 15/160000 jambos will rattle around a 1/3 full stadium with no atmosphere.

Jones28
04-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Talking to yourself or..?

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 09:21 AM

Because they probably expect bumber crowds against Rangers and Aberdeen.

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 09:25 AM
And I'm not saying that they WILL gain from it, but that they BELIEVE they'll gain from it.

WhileTheChief..
It's not cheating at all, get a grip.

FFS when did hibs fans turn into a bunch of greetin faced wee lassies.

Thecat23
When hearts are sitting bottom I doubt the crowds will be anywhere near 30k. Leave them too it.

snooky
04-08-2017, 09:26 AM
If anyone is gaining an advantage it's Rangers and Aiberdeen as they get to play Hearts at an away venue instead of the Jambo's home ground.
Surely the disadvantage is to the teams who have to play Hearts at Tynie.

JeMeSouviens
04-08-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm not really sure why anyone would think there would be a demand from 20k huns to come to Edinburgh for a normal league game tbh.

:agree: When Killie give the OF both ends of Rugby park they don't always fill it. Add in that Pedro's paupers will hopefully be toiling big time by October. :wink:

cocteautwin
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
This is not a good thing for Hearts financially, it's going to cost them.

It depends on the away support against The Rangers surely? There's a chance their fans might turn out in force and add an extra 15,000 to the attendance.

HibbyDave
04-08-2017, 09:30 AM

Cheers!

I do my best.
Lets hope they're still at Maurrayfield in January.

JeMeSouviens
04-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Cheers!

I do my best.
Lets hope they're still at Maurrayfield in January.

Given their results in world wars the 6 Nations should be a piece of piss. :wink:

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Why would 20,000 The Rangers Fans go to an away game against Hearts?

I'd imagine there'd be some novelty value in watching your team play at Murrayfield, but I can't see it attracting that many.

hibbysam
04-08-2017, 09:40 AM

I'd imagine there'd be some novelty value in watching your team play at Murrayfield, but I can't see it attracting that many.

Because for 90% of their STH's it is a home game through here.

I'm_cabbaged
04-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Unfortunately there's thousands in the local community that don't get the chance to go to games that often?

dalkeith stu
04-08-2017, 09:43 AM

They should be playing infront of 3 stands and losing the revenue from 6k season ticket holders for however long it takes!!

G B Young
Remember this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3329539.stm

14 years down the line and they still haven't got their stadium issues resolved.

Anyone got that pic of Craig Gordon picking up the rugby ball that got thrown on to the pitch at ER during a derby around that time?

Just Alf
This contingency has been in place since early in the project, all the teams had agreed to it if it was needed (including Hibs)

Cost wise I was told around £50-60 per game. Not sure if that includes use of the bar facilities etc, there will still be police etc costs on top of that, in the case of the Hun that'll work out more than at the Begging Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 09:45 AM
If their glass conservatory isn't ready after the three games at murrayfield are played do they get another three until the conservatory is finished ?

04-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Does Murrayfield serve chips though

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Does Murrayfield serve chips though

Yes, and they're rubbish.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Surely after they have paid the fine to the SPL board for not having a fit for purpose ground after the season has started, they won't have much cash left from the Murrayfield takings?

Just Alf
04-08-2017, 09:51 AM
A couple of extra points...

I was also told that there's a ceiling on crowd numbers and if the Yam want to go above it they'll need to pay more :D

Also finally remember Sydney the "letter writer".... Yams STILL think we all send off emails and letters about them despite him eventually being outed as one of THEM.

OP... Don't fall into their trap.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Remember this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3329539.stm

"Council planners would also object to any expansion of the McLeod Street Stand beyond its present boundaries. "

Apparently not.

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Maybe somebody in the know can tell me . Murrayfield doesn't have segregated ends so when teams come to visit policing and stewarding is going to cost a packet at the poppy thieves expense ,correct ? Or am I wrong ?

RoxburghHibs
04-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Cost wise I was told around £50-60 per game.

Really wow! Might hire the stadium for a mates kick about at those prices! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
04-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Maybe somebody in the know can tell me . Murrayfield doesn't have segregated ends so when teams come to visit policing and stewarding is going to cost a packet at the poppy thieves expense ,correct ? Or am I wrong ?

Correct. The whole back of the stadium will need segregated as well.

Hiber-nation
04-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Not another hearts thread......:brickwall

Just Alf
04-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Really wow! Might hire the stadium for a mates kick about at those prices! :greengrinLol... Missed some 0's off that! :D

Hibbycol

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo outside the egg cheaper ground we the public pay for it ? And inside hertz pay for it ? Or am I wrong in thinking this ?

G B Young
"Council planners would also object to any expansion of the McLeod Street Stand beyond its present boundaries. "

Apparently not.

"Structural Engineers are also concerned about corrosion of the internal steel beams, evacuation routes, the asbestos roof and the timber frame of the old stand."

Remarkable how long they were able to delay finally demolishing it.

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 10:02 AM
So outside the egg cheaper ground we the public pay for it ? And inside hertz pay for it ? Or am I wrong in thinking this ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using TapatalkEgg chaser (flipping predictive text lol )

PeeKay
04-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Two questions come to mind here. Will the pitch at Murrayfield be the same size as at Tynecastle? Who will pay when the huns trash the seats and toilets?

leithsansiro
04-08-2017, 10:05 AM
In no way shape or form should they be allowed to gain financially from playing at Murrayfeild

As much as I'd love this to be an issue, it's not. Any profit gained from an increased attendance at Murrayfield is only going to be used to actually pay the rent. SRU are no mugs. They are as desperate for cash as anyone, and, trust me, Hearts will be paying through the nose for this.

leithsansiro
04-08-2017, 10:07 AM
This contingency has been in place since early in the project, all the teams had agreed to it if it was needed (including Hibs)

Cost wise I was told around £50-60 per game. Not sure if that includes use of the bar facilities etc, there will still be police etc costs on top of that, in the case of the Hun that'll work out more than at the Begging Bowl.

£85k-£100k per match, with larger attendances towards and past the top of the scale. Add policing and stewarding costs, both of which Hearts would be liable for at Tynecastle anyway.

Hibby70
04-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Remember the Diets v Full Fats is on Sky at 12:30.

Theres no way they'll bring 20,000 through.

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
The bill for disinfecting the seats after hertz and the Huns have had their jolly will bankrupt hertz (hopefully[emoji16]) .

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 10:09 AM
If anyone is gaining an advantage it's Rangers and Aiberdeen as they get to play Hearts at an away venue instead of the Jambo's home ground.
Surely the disadvantage is to the teams who have to play Hearts at Tynie.

Yeah.

A lot of over reactions here.

While I find it very funny and not surpisred their new stand won't be ready. I really don't have an issue then moving to play elsewhere.

Any Hearts fan would prefer the game at the PBS for obvious reasons.

There was talk of £25,000 per game at Murrayfield rent and Hearts keep food sales - seems quite a low price to me. But x3 games plus extra security costs etc inside stadium (haven't a clue about how hospitality will work/be paid for) will add up. Plus they will be worried about outside stadium effect too. No bad press from mass brawls with Rangers fans etc.

Murrayfield is sitting empty most of the year so SRU are desperate for money so of course they are keen to host.

I'm just hoping the new main stand costs rise further and they have more delays as Scotland will be using stadium from November so not sure what plan C would be for playing games !! That's 7 home games in a row they have..hope their new pitch can take it !!

hibee316
04-08-2017, 10:10 AM

Are Hearts putting a slope on the pitch to go along with their new stand?

:wink:

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 10:11 AM
£85k-£100k per match, with larger attendances towards and past the top of the scale. Add policing and stewarding costs, both of which Hearts would be liable for at Tynecastle anyway.So that will swallow up their season ticket money paying 100,000 A game ?? Yes ,no,mibbies ?

Cod Boy
04-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Rumour doing the rounds it's going to take at least 16 weeks to finish.

Hibbycol
04-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Rumour doing the rounds it's going to take at least 16 weeks to finish.16 WEEKS !!!!! . If I was a season ticket holder at the pbs I would be thinking wtf did I pay that for! . THEY are surely seething at Mrs budget for the lies and false assurances she spouted.

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Rumour doing the rounds it's going to take at least 16 weeks to finish.

The stand was due for completion in 2018 - but can't imagine it will take that long to sort the seats etc.

Though all depends when this container arrives from the Far East..

If only someone had the tracking number we could have some fun!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2017, 10:21 AM
IIRC we managed to build a new stand twice and never had to ask the SPL if we could have some games at "another " ground. On both occasions we took the hit of extra policing costs in the South for mixed supports but unless I have missed something we managed to do that in time for kick off for the following season. But it seems Hearts can't and it also seems that it is petty to point out that they aren't following the rules again?

surreyhibbie
04-08-2017, 10:23 AM
the lengths they will go to to claim they are in the biggest stadium in Edinburgh...

:greengrin

heretoday
04-08-2017, 10:25 AM

Exactly. I've seldom read a more mealy-minded thread.

lord bunberry
Laugh at them and ridicule them, writing letters to the SRU is borderline obsessive imo.

DarlingtonHibee
They are able to play League cup games and friendliness at Tynecastle, but not fit for Spl games.

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 10:26 AM
IIRC we managed to build a new stand twice and never had to ask the SPL if we could have some games at "another " ground. On both occasions we took the hit of extra policing costs in the South for mixed supports but unless I have missed something we managed to do that in time for kick off for the following season. But it seems Hearts can't and it also seems that it is petty to point out that they aren't following the rules again?

At the end of the day they sold season tickets for a stand they couldn't guarantee would even be open. From planning to execution it's a mess.

Amusing.

euro Hibby
04-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Sometimes, we get too concerned about what they do ! Frankly if they have a bad start to the season or any of the teams they will play at Murryfield , then you might see a pretty empty stadium.
I think also if I was a season ticket holder, i would be pissed off. They seem to be on a downer and no amount of paper talk is going to help them. They are just a couple of bad results away from
more pain.

Oscar T Grouch
04-08-2017, 10:28 AM
To be fair to Budge, there has been issues in international shipping over the last month or so, a number of lines had their IT systems hacked, including Maesk which did cause a few delays, but not 7 week delays. Anyone with knowledge of the construction industry would know trying to squeeze a project of that size into such a tight timescale was just asking for trouble. It is no surprise to many that the stand is delayed.

The thing about this whole episode that annoys me is that other clubs who developed their stadiums all had to take it on the chin in regards to accommodating the rules. In ICTs case, when they redeveloped they had to play a half season at Pittodrie, even though their stadium was finished well before the half season mark. When we redeveloped the east, we had to relocate a number of ST holders elsewhere at the end of a season to ensure the construction was finished for the next season (we actually took into account that construction projects are often delayed).
What hertz have done is try and squeeze a construction project into an unrealistic timescale and then expect everyone else to bend over backward to accommodate their mistake. They have got away with bad planning without any consequences at all, in fact if they manage to sell more tickets in muddyfield they will actually benefit financially from their mistake.

What should have happened is they should have been made to play at the piggery in front of 3 stands and refund the punters who's seats are sailing across the Indian Ocean, or they should have had to make arrangements to play their home games at a neutral venue for one round of fixtures. It seems that hertz are treated differently to other teams in this league, but then again it was the teams in this league that has allowed that to happen.

Salt N Sauzee
Who cares?

They're an absolute shambles the now. Let them get on with making an erse of themselves.

Hibee87
Im sure its as simple as they didn't have enough seats. Im sure last seasons season ticket sales were higher than what the capacity has been reduced to, or would have been when allocating away fans tickets.
For this reason alone they can hardly say to existing season ticket members 'your not allowed to renew'.

matty_f
04-08-2017, 10:29 AM

lucky
04-08-2017, 10:47 AM
If the 16 week timescale to finish the stand is correct it will mean we will play them at Murrayfield. All whose claiming that attendances should be restricted to PBS limits will be changing their minds and demanding Hibs get as many as we can sell.

Hearts have had the contingency plans in place for a while so it's no surprise they are using them. I don't see this as an advantage, they've got a crap team and a rookie head coach and have to play away from the PBS potentially until Christmas. They could be cut a drift at the bottom of the league, their two confirmed Murrayfield games are against sides that regularly hump them

Juice-Terry
04-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Talking to yourself or..?

Only way to guarantee an intelligent conversation.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 10:54 AM
If the 16 week timescale to finish the stand is correct it will mean we will play them at Murrayfield. All whose claiming that attendances should be restricted to PBS limits will be changing their minds and demanding Hibs get as many as we can sell.

How do you work that out?

16 weeks from now would be November 24th, we play them December 27th.

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 10:56 AM

Hearts have had the contingency plans in place for a while so it's no surprise they are using them. I don't see this as an advantage, they've got a crap team and a rookie head coach and have to play away from the PBS potentially until Christmas. They could be cut a drift at the bottom of the league, their two confirmed Murrayfield games are against sides that regularly hump them Unless im being thick 16 week would take them up till the begining of December, we play them at the end. However can you imagine we were giving as many tickets as we could shift......that would be some game especially if they are struggling and were flying, would we even be allowed to potentially sell more ticket as the away team than the home team do?

lucky
04-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Correct about the beginning of December not January but the point about Hibs allocation is still valid

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 11:54 AM

I'm sure they'll be able to work out how to do that, though.

For instance, put the away Fans in the North End of the ground, put temporary fences in between there and the rest of the stadium and then make them leave via the Ice Rink Exit.

If it doesn't work and there's trouble at the game, then that's their problem.

Sean1875
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Unless im being thick 16 week would take them up till the begining of December, we play them at the end. However can you imagine we were giving as many tickets as we could shift......that would be some game especially if they are struggling and were flying, would we even be allowed to potentially sell more ticket as the away team than the home team do?

Happens all the time with Killie against the OF :agree:

Aldo
04-08-2017, 11:57 AM
To suggest (as I mentioned before) that the away teams... especially Celtic or Sevco bring 20k fans would create major issues not just within but external to the ground.

Having that amount of fans in a rugby stadium with little or no proper segregation is dangerous imho and I am sure the Police will have an input on this.

A line of banners/stewards between 20,000 fans is not enough imho and poses a real risk to public safety.

Jones28
04-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Only way to guarantee an intelligent conversation.

Thouche 😂

Not In The Know
04-08-2017, 12:00 PM
I don't get how they can play League cup matches at tincastle but not SPFL games. Its a blatant cash grab from hearts to make sure they don't lose out on extra paying punters. The move to Murrayfield reeks even more.

we played with 3 stands as have countless other teams throughout the UK.

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Happens all the time with Killie against the OF :agree: Oh I know the OF take more to some grounds, what I meant was would WE be allowed to take more than hearts I.E even if we sold out our allocation in 20 minutes would hearts hand over more? its all a moot point really as I dont suspect we will play them at murrayfield anyway

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 12:03 PM
http://www.rampantscotland.com/graphics/murrayfield1841a.jpg

:greengrin

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:04 PM
I don't get how they can play League cup matches at tincastle but not SPFL games. Its a blatant cash grab from hearts to make sure they don't lose out on extra paying punters. The move to Murrayfield reeks even more.

I answered this on the last page. im sure it was because they already had too many season ticket holders. Lat seasons total vs the tickets they would need to give to the away team and I think some current season ticket holders would be told they are not allowed to renew.

Sergey
04-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Good post, but in the wrong tense!

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I answered this on the last page. im sure it was because they already had too many season ticket holders. Lat seasons total vs the tickets they would need to give to the away team and I think some current season ticket holders would be told they are not allowed to renew.

I think the point is more that they should have been told to suck it up and accept that they couln't sell Season Tickets for a Stand that wasn't going to be ready for the new season.

Any complaints that they might then have had about playing in front of only three Stands and they should have then been told to play the first half of the Season at Murrayfield, as per the rules applied previously to ICT.

Why should rules apply to some clubs and not to others?

Jack Hackett
04-08-2017, 12:16 PM

That's probably because those were not ST games and with much smaller attendance expectations

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:18 PM
I think the point is more that they should have been told to suck it up and accept that they couln't sell Season Tickets for a Stand that wasn't going to be ready for the new season.

Any complaints that they might then have had about playing in front of only three Stands and they should have then been told to play the first half of the Season at Murrayfield, as per the rules applied previously to ICT.

Why should rules apply to some clubs and not to others? I know what your saying, just repeating what I think I read in that even if they didnt sell any new season tickets but every current one renewed then there would not have been enough seats and its hardly fair to tell a supported your not allowed to renew (even if it is one of them). And I also believe that all teams were consulted about what they were planning on doing and they all said they were fine with it. I would be amazed if the possibility of playing at murrayfield or A.N other stadium was not also mentioned at the same time. If Hibs and every other team were happy for this to happen then not much complaints can be made form the rival fans.

Geo_1875
04-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Yeah.

A lot of over reactions here.

While I find it very funny and not surpisred their new stand won't be ready. I really don't have an issue then moving to play elsewhere.

Any Hearts fan would prefer the game at the PBS for obvious reasons.

There was talk of £25,000 per game at Murrayfield rent and Hearts keep food sales - seems quite a low price to me. But x3 games plus extra security costs etc inside stadium (haven't a clue about how hospitality will work/be paid for) will add up. Plus they will be worried about outside stadium effect too. No bad press from mass brawls with Rangers fans etc.

Murrayfield is sitting empty most of the year so SRU are desperate for money so of course they are keen to host.

I'm just hoping the new main stand costs rise further and they have more delays as Scotland will be using stadium from November so not sure what plan C would be for playing games !! That's 7 home games in a row they have..hope their new pitch can take it !!

I don't think they've reached Plan B yet. Their stadium project was never going to complete on time. The rain and missing Asian freighters have nothing to do with it. They are at it, pure and simple.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I don't think they've reached Plan B yet. Their stadium project was never going to complete on time. The rain and missing Asian freighters have nothing to do with it. They are at it, pure and simple.

The delay in the seats is a strange one, they are nowhere near ready to install seats, even if they are on a slow boat from China they have not held up progress so far. You can't ask for an extension to a contract because something hasn't arrived on site before it was due to arrive.

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2017, 12:33 PM
The delay in the seats is a strange one, they are nowhere near ready to install seats, even if they are on a slow boat from China they have not held up progress so far. You can't ask for an extension to a contract because something hasn't arrived on site before it was due to arrive.

The seats haven't been held up. Its quite simple.

They've no paid for them yet :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin

hibbysam
04-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Few Jambo's at my work have been advised today that it is right up until the Winter break that the stand won't be ready. It isn't a surprise. If they are blaming the weather up until now, Scotland's Autumn's are hardly bone dry.

MrSmith
04-08-2017, 01:01 PM
We need to name their new thing, remembers:

the PBS
tincastle

mt favourite 'the wonga-dome" which now leads me to "the wonky-undone"

next?

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Don't forget those rugby internationals which are to be played at Murrayfield in the autumn and the Ultra Marathon taking place finishing at Murrayfield.

Makes it very funny that they spent money on the new changing rooms and tunnel in the Wheatfield and they may only use it for a few games now. Least it will mean more money owed to Budge - she's going to have a nice pension after all of this.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Correct about the begging of December not January but the point about Hibs allocation is still valid

But your point is now redundant as your dates were wrong.

NOLA
04-08-2017, 01:31 PM
They shouldn't be allowed to benefit financially from the rangers game now being at Murray field. Should only sell what they could get for a full tynie

green is good
04-08-2017, 01:45 PM

the PBS
tincastle

next?

I saw a quote earlier on that kickback twitter account that one of the maroon balloons said he was looking forward to seeing the huns get pumped in front of a fool hoose and I think that Fool Hoose is a perfect name for Tynecastle.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 01:51 PM
A line of banners/stewards between 20,000 fans is not enough imho and poses a real risk to public safety.

But isn't that how it's done at most football stadiums anyway?

Very few grounds have fences between Fans nowadays.

Aldo
04-08-2017, 01:59 PM
But isn't that how it's done at most football stadiums anyway?

Very few grounds have fences between Fans nowadays.

To an extent yes but that's with minimal away support usually 3k max. I don't know the make up of Murrayfield but would suggest they don't have shutters in the concourses like at ER and PBS.

I know most clubs don't but this has disaster written all over imho.

lapsedhibee
04-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Well this is pretty sad. Am I bollocks taking time to write to the SRU to
complain about them using murrayfield. Who gives a ****? They have to rent the stadium from them and the 15/160000 jambos will rattle around a 1/3 full stadium with no atmosphere.

That's just the ST holders - there'll be another couple hundred thousand walk-ups so no rattling around and no room for The Thes and so no scope for trouble. Everything fine over at Famous Towers!

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 02:05 PM
To an extent yes but that's with minimal away support usually 3k max. I don't know the make up of Murrayfield but would suggest they don't have shutters in the concourses like at ER and PBS.

I know most clubs don't but this has disaster written all over imho.

OK Aldo, I get your point now.

:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2017, 02:14 PM

EDEN-MILL is an Official partner of scottish rugby, Macron are the Official kit suppliers to the Scottish national Rugby team, write to them as well and get this move to murrayfield stopped :greengrin

Aldo
04-08-2017, 02:23 PM
OK Aldo, I get your point now.

:aok:

No worries. Sorry if it wasn't too clear K. I appreciate that most grounds don't have fences any more but can you imagine trying to separate both bunch of roasters!! [emoji106]

Green Blood
04-08-2017, 02:35 PM

the PBS
tincastle

next?

The Poppy Stand ( "Lest We Forget)

After all, that horrible red glass panelling is poppy red in colour

SanFranHibs
04-08-2017, 03:35 PM
The seats haven't been held up. Its quite simple.

They've no paid for them yet :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin

And it is all about getting bums on seats and nowhere is that more apt than Tynecastle.

greenginger
04-08-2017, 03:51 PM
I had a blether with a couple of the Hardie's guys ( they're the contract managers ) last week. One of them was just back from Korea as he had to go out and make sure the seat decking units got put on a boat asap.

These units comprise two thin sheets of steel with a sandwich of polyurathane resin in between shaped to the profile of the stand seating area. They are in containers in the middle of the Indian Ocean I'd guess, and will need to be docked ,off-loaded , transported to Gorgie and fitted before any seats can be fitted.

Anyone any idea how long it takes for a container ship to travel from Korea to Yamsville ?

This is the main spoke in wheel of the Yam project.

Budge going on about a wet June/July is a smokescreen for their own incompetence.

These months could have been as dry as the Gobi desert and it wouldn't have help site progress. If the decking had been available the upper tier where the steel is in place would have been decked out.

They must have known about this unavoidable delay ages ago, but went out and sold season tickets for a stand that was never going to be available.

Shows how desperate Budge was to get the season ticket dosh before Cathy was able to show his new squad to the believers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-08-2017, 04:22 PM
EDEN-MILL is an Official partner of scottish rugby, Macron are the Official kit suppliers to the Scottish national Rugby team, write to them as well and get this move to murrayfield stopped :greengrin

Wheres our old letter writing friend Sidney when we need him? :-)

lucky
04-08-2017, 04:27 PM
She's now admitting it was their own fault. Total amateurs

The Club has issued a couple of statements this week, the aim of which was simply to keep fans advised of key decisions as they were taken, but without getting into too much detail. It is my objective here to put a little bit more meat around the bones of these announcements and thereby to minimise speculation and offer some clarity.

On the football front, as you all know, Ian Cathro has now left the club and the board are carefully considering all options regarding the future management of the first team.

As stated in our earlier announcement, this decision was not taken lightly. At all times, Ian gave total commitment to helping to build and re-shape our first team squad, bringing in players who, we are confident, will enable our supporters to watch entertaining football and achieve success on the pitch moving forward.

I want to stress that the board is in no doubt that Ian will go on to be successful in his chosen career and we wish to thank him wholeheartedly for everything he has done to help prepare us for the coming season.

Since the announcement that Ian has moved on, we have been swamped by applications to take over his role. It is heartening that so many experienced coaches are keen to join our club and speaks volumes for the respect that the club, and our football operation in particular, has earned over recent times.

We are in the very fortunate position of having an extremely strong football management team in place, with a Director of Football, an Assistant Head Coach and a team of first class coaches, able and willing to hold the fort. This being so, we have the luxury of time to ensure we make the right decision for the club going forward.

As has already been announced, Jon Daly will fill the Head Coach role on an interim basis, ably supported by Austin MacPhee and Liam Fox and I want to thank every one of them for so willingly rising to the challenge. There has been some speculation as to why Austin, as Assistant Head Coach, has not been asked to take the lead on this. I would simply say that this decision was taken in discussion with all parties, knowing that a permanent appointment will not be rushed. Austin has some upcoming and very important games for Northern Ireland and in addition, he has been heavily involved in our summer recruitment programme. As we have previously stated, we are still anticipating some new signings with the transfer window still open until the end of August. For these reasons and for reasons of continuity we believe that this is the most appropriate interim arrangement.

Turning now to the other important announcement of the week, let me expand a little on the latest plans for opening our new Main Stand.

As everyone knows we set a very ambitious target of September 9th to open part of the stand to supporters, albeit with a contingency plan in place to play home games at BT Murrayfield should we be unable to meet that date.

Unfortunately, it became clear a few days ago that we would have to implement the contingency, hence my announcement of yesterday evening. I would like to explain why this has happened and outline our new plans.

Firstly, I want to make it absolutely clear that the delay is entirely down to an error on the part of the club and is in no way down to any failure on behalf of Hardies, or any other of our construction partners.

Derek Ferrier, Director of Hardies, has been unbelievable in his drive and commitment to achieving the September target date. Every day, we were faced with different problems and every day he found solutions. Despite inevitably falling behind at times, due to the appalling weather in June/July, somehow or other he always managed to drive our on-site teams to catch-up. Had we, the club, not “dropped the ball”, I have absolutely no doubt that Derek and his team would have achieved the September target date.

So what went wrong? The club, quite simply, did not process the order for the seats in the required timescale to ensure delivery in line with our plan. Unfortunately, the supplier did not escalate this and as a consequence our production slot was missed and the required shipping dates could not be met. By the time this came to my attention, there was nothing that could be done to expedite delivery.

As Chief Executive of the Club, the buck stops with me and I have apologised to Derek and his team for our mistake. On a more positive note, the relationship between the club and our construction partners, is such that we are already looking positively ahead.

One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.

Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September.

The remainder of the programme remains unchanged with 2nd floor hospitality lounges and new player facilities still opening after the winter break, and the ground floor facilities being completed by 30th March, 2018.

In short, therefore, while the Phase 1 target date has slipped, the overall programme remains on schedule.

In conclusion…

Thank you all for your continued support and keep watching our social media channels and official website for updates. We will aim, as ever, to keep you posted with accurate information on everything that is happening.

Onceinawhile
04-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Forgot to order the seats ffs 😂😂😂

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 04:35 PM
"One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats."

That's a rather major feaure to be missing, surely.

:faf:

greenlex
04-08-2017, 04:38 PM
There is no delay. Everything will be ready except it won't have any seats.:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Andy74
So the stand hasn't really been delayed, it will de delivered on time, just with no seats in it. That's clear Anne, thanks.

Pete
What if it starts raining again?

Sean1875
04-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Thankfully we got lucky and experienced half a year of drought in Scotland otherwise I can only imagine our East stand would have been as much of a shambles as this :greengrin

Imagine forgetting to order seats.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2017, 04:44 PM
So never had the money to order the seats, blamed the builder for not getting it done in the rain. Builder goes raj and makes her release another statement to apologise.

How embarrassing.

bringbackbenny
04-08-2017, 04:45 PM
wow. just wow. They truly are incompetent at every level, bottom to top.

aljo7-0
04-08-2017, 04:46 PM
I know the fringe has started but really that is too funny. They literally took the word stand at face value and saw no need for seats

broondog
04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
It's not cheating at all, get a grip.

FFS when did hibs fans turn into a bunch of greetin faced wee lassies.

Very yammish post. If you think they wouldn't set up something like this to gain from it, you obviously have forgotten the past 10 or so years. hardly greeting faced lassies calling them out for trying to do it again.

they will be paying minimal money to rent the stadium as the SRU seems to be full of Hearts fans and will be entitled to ticket revenues from the match which will be bumped up by a load of huns coming through. if they get a bigger crowd than what their current stadium holds (3 stands, maybe 12000), it's cheating. I fail to see why some people are even disputing this

MurrayfieldHibs
04-08-2017, 04:57 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
:lolyam:

Hermit Crab
04-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Very yammish post. If you think they wouldn't set up something like this to gain from it, you obviously have forgotten the past 10 or so years. hardly greeting faced lassies calling them out for trying to do it again.

they will be paying minimal money to rent the stadium as the SRU seems to be full of Hearts fans and will be entitled to ticket revenues from the match which will be bumped up by a load of huns coming through. if they get a bigger crowd than what their current stadium holds (3 stands, maybe 12000), it's cheating. I fail to see why some people are even disputing this

This fact is it?

Shrekko
04-08-2017, 04:59 PM
There is no delay. Everything will be ready except it won't have any seats.:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

The stand will be a match for any other stand in the country if you take away the seats....

jgl07
04-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Some clown on Kickback was going on about Hearts being able to claim Liquidated and Ascertained Damages from the main contractor until it was pointed out that there was no main contractor as Hearts are running a DIY operation. They have appointed a project manager to control the subcontractors (or work packages). It sounds like the 'Construction Management' approach.

That is the same system as was used for the Scottish Parliament Building. That was completed around three to four years late with the final cost at £414 million as compared to an initial estimate of £40-£65 million.

Not In The Know
04-08-2017, 05:02 PM
That's probably because those were not ST games and with much smaller attendance expectations

Thats pretty much my point. All this messing about is so they can make as much cash as possible.

If they didn't sell 1 ticket for the new stand (cash up front to pay for the thing btw) and done what any respectable club would have done and sold half season tickets from Xmas onwards everything would be fine.

Still cheating every system they can.

Not In The Know
04-08-2017, 05:04 PM
:wink:
Good post, but in the wrong tense!

lapsedhibee
04-08-2017, 05:04 PM
"Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats."

Yours

Comical Annie

:faf: :faf:

SanFranHibs
04-08-2017, 05:05 PM
wow. just wow. They truly are incompetent at every level, bottom to top.

No, like other people I believe they did not care if there was a delay and probably hoped for it, as their contingency plan was seen as another money grabbing opportunity for them. If stand is structurally completed but without seats they should be made to play their games there in front of 3 stands.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Here's a replacement for their, now defunct, 1902 song (to the same tune)

:singing:

"You forgot about seats,
you forgot about seats,
your new stand won't be ready in time,
you forgot about seats"

:singing:

BSEJVT
04-08-2017, 05:08 PM

The Club has issued a couple of statements this week, the aim of which was simply to keep fans advised of key decisions as they were taken, but without getting into too much detail. It is my objective here to put a little bit more meat around the bones of these announcements and thereby to minimise speculation and offer some clarity.

On the football front, as you all know, Ian Cathro has now left the club and the board are carefully considering all options regarding the future management of the first team.

As stated in our earlier announcement, this decision was not taken lightly. At all times, Ian gave total commitment to helping to build and re-shape our first team squad, bringing in players who, we are confident, will enable our supporters to watch entertaining football and achieve success on the pitch moving forward.

I want to stress that the board is in no doubt that Ian will go on to be successful in his chosen career and we wish to thank him wholeheartedly for everything he has done to help prepare us for the coming season.

Since the announcement that Ian has moved on, we have been swamped by applications to take over his role. It is heartening that so many experienced coaches are keen to join our club and speaks volumes for the respect that the club, and our football operation in particular, has earned over recent times.

We are in the very fortunate position of having an extremely strong football management team in place, with a Director of Football, an Assistant Head Coach and a team of first class coaches, able and willing to hold the fort. This being so, we have the luxury of time to ensure we make the right decision for the club going forward.

As has already been announced, Jon Daly will fill the Head Coach role on an interim basis, ably supported by Austin MacPhee and Liam Fox and I want to thank every one of them for so willingly rising to the challenge. There has been some speculation as to why Austin, as Assistant Head Coach, has not been asked to take the lead on this. I would simply say that this decision was taken in discussion with all parties, knowing that a permanent appointment will not be rushed. Austin has some upcoming and very important games for Northern Ireland and in addition, he has been heavily involved in our summer recruitment programme. As we have previously stated, we are still anticipating some new signings with the transfer window still open until the end of August. For these reasons and for reasons of continuity we believe that this is the most appropriate interim arrangement.

Turning now to the other important announcement of the week, let me expand a little on the latest plans for opening our new Main Stand.

As everyone knows we set a very ambitious target of September 9th to open part of the stand to supporters, albeit with a contingency plan in place to play home games at BT Murrayfield should we be unable to meet that date.

Unfortunately, it became clear a few days ago that we would have to implement the contingency, hence my announcement of yesterday evening. I would like to explain why this has happened and outline our new plans.

Firstly, I want to make it absolutely clear that the delay is entirely down to an error on the part of the club and is in no way down to any failure on behalf of Hardies, or any other of our construction partners.

Derek Ferrier, Director of Hardies, has been unbelievable in his drive and commitment to achieving the September target date. Every day, we were faced with different problems and every day he found solutions. Despite inevitably falling behind at times, due to the appalling weather in June/July, somehow or other he always managed to drive our on-site teams to catch-up. Had we, the club, not “dropped the ball”, I have absolutely no doubt that Derek and his team would have achieved the September target date.

So what went wrong? The club, quite simply, did not process the order for the seats in the required timescale to ensure delivery in line with our plan. Unfortunately, the supplier did not escalate this and as a consequence our production slot was missed and the required shipping dates could not be met. By the time this came to my attention, there was nothing that could be done to expedite delivery.

As Chief Executive of the Club, the buck stops with me and I have apologised to Derek and his team for our mistake. On a more positive note, the relationship between the club and our construction partners, is such that we are already looking positively ahead.

One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.

Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September.

The remainder of the programme remains unchanged with 2nd floor hospitality lounges and new player facilities still opening after the winter break, and the ground floor facilities being completed by 30th March, 2018.

In short, therefore, while the Phase 1 target date has slipped, the overall programme remains on schedule.

In conclusion…

Thank you all for your continued support and keep watching our social media channels and official website for updates. We will aim, as ever, to keep you posted with accurate information on everything that is happening.

That is better than I could have hoped in my wildest dreams

Their builders have obviously threatened them with action for dropping them in it and they have been forced to relate a version of the facts palatable to them whilst grovelling shamelessly.

That statement is the literary equivalent of her giving them a blow job. not a picture you want in your mind just before tea.

To paraphrase

We were skint and couldn't afford the seats until the season ticket money came in.

The builders now have us over a barrel and I am liberally applying the KY jelly to prepare for the monumental shafting we are going to get from them.

Prepare for yet more cost over runs and big ones at that!

Nanny isn't up to the job and Cathro has signed yet another pile of ***** so we are going to have to raid the FOH share purchase cash to sign yet another bunch of duds

Other than that "All is barry"

Don't think I have missed anything?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-08-2017, 05:08 PM

In conclusion…

Sooo,

Fhe delay is hearts' fault, but there is no delay. The stand will be ready on time. Apart from having seats in it, so it wwont be ready.

Does nobody read this pish before she sends it out??

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Sooo,

Fhe delay is hearts' fault, but there is no delay. The stand will be ready on time. Apart from having seats in it, so it wwont be ready.

Does nobody read this pish before she sends it out??

Sounds like perfect Trumpism to me.

"The claims that the new Stand isn't going to be ready is FAKE NEWS!

Here's some 'alternative facts'...

It's bigly gonna be ready!

SAD!"

SanFranHibs
04-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Sounds like perfect Trumpism to me.

"The claims that the new Stand isn't going to be ready is FAKE NEWS!

Here's some 'alternative facts'...

It's bigly gonna be ready!

SAD!"

Imperfect CNN or NYT perhaps.

Trump would have had it built on time and under budget. Some of his business ventures have failed but his building projects are usually very successful.

Would have under budgeted-Budge.

Hearts knew this was going to happen and 'budgeted' for it with their contingency plan which really should have been called their certainty plan.

Not In The Know
04-08-2017, 05:21 PM
"Seats in a stand? Sorry Anne I'm not sure what you mean?"

Heard muttered from the last HoMFC board meeting

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Forgot to order the seats .... how the hell can you bust a gut to get a football stand ready to hold fans for a set target date and forget to order the seats :faf:

Its pretty clear from the tone and content of Budge's statement that the builders have told her in no uncertain terms to make it clear that this is Hearts cock up and not theirs. Given the recent shocking lack of professionalism in the spelling and grammar side of recent statements emanating from the Gorgie Greenhouse the order form probably looked like this:

Deer Coreins

Can youz send us 7,000 seets, they huv tae be mooroon with an ability to fade to pink within 6 munths, coz wee need thum tae fit in with the shan look of the other 3 stands.
They huv to get to Gorgie by the Aberdeen game so pleez huv them on a boat before we play thum, we are the famous so youz will ken when that is.

P.S. ..... Sorry aboot the lack of a stamp on the envulop ..... 5 - 1 ... FTH

Engels74
04-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Here they are in transit

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Why are the club ordering the seats? See if you get an extension done on your house - who orders the bricks?

Hibbyradge
04-08-2017, 05:33 PM
If I ask a plumber to quote for refitting my bathroom, and I give him the job, I wouldn't be expected to order the shunky and the shower. Would I?

Similarly, if I gave a contractor the job of building a shiny new stand, I wouldn't expect to be required to order the seats.

That's the contractor's job, no?

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Mind and post up your reply from the SRU.

BSEJVT
04-08-2017, 05:37 PM
If I ask a plumber to quote for refitting my bathroom, and I give him the job, I wouldn't be expected to order the shunky and the shower. Would I?

Similarly, if I gave a contractor the job of building a shiny new stand, I wouldn't expect to be required to order the seats.

Normally yes

But they have may have tried to save money but not appointing a site manager type thing ( sorry don't know correct terminology) and are just in effect "hiring" in the labour to be directed by them

That could be where the first £2m over run has arrived

Pete
04-08-2017, 05:38 PM

When I got my bathroom redone I ordered a lot of the stuff myself while the plumber fitted it.

If I'd forgotten to order the toilet and suggested it was his fault I'd be expected to apologise or get a punch in the face.

brog
04-08-2017, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;5130210]If I ask a plumber to quote for refitting my bathroom, and I give him the job, I wouldn't be expected to order the shunky and the shower. Would I?

It depends how cheaply you want to do the job. It's fairly standard practice to go into a showroom & order a kitchen or a new bathroom suite then arrange for someone else (or oneself) to fit it. It's what big teams do!

Kaiser1962
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM
That is better than I could have hoped in my wildest dreams

Their builders have obviously threatened them with action for dropping them in it and they have been forced to relate a version of the facts palatable to them whilst grovelling shamelessly.

That statement is the literary equivalent of her giving them a blow job. not a picture you want in your mind just before tea.

To paraphrase

We were skint and couldn't afford the seats until the season ticket money came in.

The builders now have us over a barrel and I am liberally applying the KY jelly to prepare for the monumental shafting we are going to get from them.

Prepare for yet more cost over runs and big ones at that!

Nanny isn't up to the job and Cathro has signed yet another pile of ***** so we are going to have to raid the FOH share purchase cash to sign yet another bunch of duds

Other than that "All is barry"

Don't think I have missed anything?

Pretty much my thoughts. Suppliers wanted cash up front (cant have been a surprise to the Yams) and the Yams didn't have it so the order was delayed until they did. Simple as that.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2017, 05:41 PM
When I got my bathroom redone I ordered a lot of the stuff myself while the plumber fitted it.

If I'd forgotten to order the toilet and suggested it was his fault I'd be expected to apologise or get a punch in the face.

:top marks:faf:

If the Yams keep providing these comedy moments this thread is gonna end up in the vault :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
04-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Some clown on Kickback was going on about Hearts being able to claim Liquidated and Ascertained Damages from the main contractor until it was pointed out that there was no main contractor as Hearts are running a DIY operation. They have appointed a project manager to control the subcontractors (or work packages). It sounds like the 'Construction Management' approach.

That is the same system as was used for the Scottish Parliament Building. That was completed around three to four years late with the final cost at £414 million as compared to an initial estimate of £40-£65 million.

Please let the overspend be proportionate - £100m for 3000 extra seats would be tremendous. They would be paying for it (at 6%) for decades to come and the playing budget would take the major hit.

Bristolhibby
04-08-2017, 05:45 PM

This is my issue with the whole thing.

They should have to play half the season at Murrayfield or forfeit the points.

Definitely an advantage for the Huns, Sheep and anyone else who plays there.

J

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Imperfect CNN or NYT perhaps.

Trump would have had it built on time and under budget. Some of his business ventures have failed but his building projects are usually very successful.

Would have under budgeted-Budge.

Hearts knew this was going to happen and 'budgeted' for it with their contingency plan which really should have been called their certainty plan.

I was referring to the statement, not the construction

Bostonhibby
04-08-2017, 05:48 PM
This is the main spoke in wheel of the Yam project.

Budge going on about a wet June/July is a smokescreen for their own incompetence.

These months could have been as dry as the Gobi desert and it wouldn't have help site progress. If the decking had been available the upper tier where the steel is in place would have been decked out.

They must have known about this unavoidable delay ages ago, but went out and sold season tickets for a stand that was never going to be available.

Shows how desperate Budge was to get the season ticket dosh before Cathy was able to show his new squad to the believers.Aye but what do you know? [emoji6]

A genuine ITK man[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pete
04-08-2017, 06:02 PM

If the Yams keep providing these comedy moments this thread is gonna end up in the vault :greengrin

:greengrin it's a true story though and I did it to save money. Cheaper but more responsibility and it sounds like Hearts have done something similar.

Bathrooms are fine but if I was doing an extension I would pay the extra and get the security that comes with it. Similarly, if I was building a shell like our East I maybe wouldn't bother with a main contractor but a main stand? More to take on and you'd better not **** up.

O'Rourke3
04-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Clubs pay for policing the public streets around the ground? :confused:I think he meant Heats don't. They have form...

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 06:14 PM

Imagine their surprise when they break open the pallets and find they've ordered them in a fetching emerald green 😂

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Forgot to order the seats ffs 😂😂😂

"If you exclude the seats it is as good a stand as Celtic have" - Dalry Lama

green is good
04-08-2017, 06:21 PM
I wonder how long Hearts have been sitting on this news. I'm guessing they didn't just find out yesterday that the seats were going to be late.

Mick O'Rourke
04-08-2017, 06:22 PM
They could still use the basic structure to sit on before the installation of bucket seats.
Worked for Wembley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okf5enMCQmc

Col2
04-08-2017, 06:26 PM
What a shambles. A total joke of a club. Forgot to order the seats.

So Cathro says the game is even if you take away the goalposts.

Budge now saying the stand will be ready on time if you discount the seats

😂😂😂😂😂🤡

davy malcolm
04-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Forgot to order the seats .... how the hell can you bust a gut to get a football stand ready to hold fans for a set target date and forget to order the seats :faf:

Its pretty clear from the tone and content of Budge's statement that the builders have told her in no uncertain terms to make it clear that this is Hearts cock up and not theirs. Given the recent shocking lack of professionalism in the spelling and grammar side of recent statements emanating from the Gorgie Greenhouse the order form probably looked like this:

Deer Coreins

Can youz send us 7,000 seets, they huv tae be mooroon with an ability to fade to pink within 6 munths, coz wee need thum tae fit in with the shan look of the other 3 stands.
They huv to get to Gorgie by the Aberdeen game so pleez huv them on a boat before we play thum, we are the famous so youz will ken when that is.

P.S. ..... Sorry aboot the lack of a stamp on the envulop ..... 5 - 1 ... FTH

Hahahahaha

macca70
04-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Does the ship have a tracking device, i'm sure it would provide much entertainment to watch these seats float there way from Korea to Gorgie.

What if the captain has forgotten his piece half way here and needs to pop back for it?

Real Emerald
04-08-2017, 06:34 PM
When they realised their mistake there must have been downright panic to quickly get the order sent. Chinese whispers can take over in these situations so who knows what might be in these boxes when they eventually turn up!

Glory Lurker
04-08-2017, 06:41 PM
This is so surreal I'm half thinking I will wake up soon.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Breaking news, the new queensferry crossing has been delayed until the forth runs dry.

fat freddy
04-08-2017, 06:47 PM
The speed with which this second Budge announcement followed yesterdays revelations is significant. The first announcement suggested that the delay was caused by the weather as well as the seats being late, todays retraction suggests that the main contractor doesn't want his companies name tarnished by being seen to be behind schedule due to a few drops of rain. The grovelling apology from Budge to Hardie's would have been written with a legal gun at her head. I would be surprised if she hadn't had threats of legal action from Hardie's if they weren't absolved of all blame.

Bostonhibby
04-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Does the ship have a tracking device, i'm sure it would provide much entertainment to watch these seats float there way from Korea to Gorgie.

What if the captain has forgotten his piece half way here and needs to pop back for it?They chucked them in the south China sea 2 months ago fully expecting them to turn up on cramond foreshore but mad vlad intercepted them so they've got to pay more than 6% interest to get them on time.

Comedy gold. Big team though.

Morganleith
04-08-2017, 06:52 PM
So it was on track to be ready but we forgot the seats. Hilarious.
Also so what the fek did weather have to do with anything. Comedy gold

Col2
04-08-2017, 06:52 PM
The speed with which this second Budge announcement followed yesterdays revelations is significant. The first announcement suggested that the delay was caused by the weather as well as the seats being late, todays retraction suggests that the main contractor doesn't want his companies name tarnished by being seen to be behind schedule due to a few drops of rain. The grovelling apology from Budge to Hardie's would have been written with a legal gun at her head. I would be surprised if she hadn't had threats of legal action from Hardie's if they weren't absolved of all blame.

Exactly what I thought. At no point would Budge after the week from hell dream up the idea to release a statement that embarresses her and the club if it wasn't as part of reaction to yesterday's vague announcement. Even the weather factor suggests the contractor can deal with some rain.

HibbyDave
04-08-2017, 06:57 PM
It was patently clear they were miles away with the stand at the pars game. Bugger all to do with seats not arriving. There is only a shell there and they will be lucky to be ready by November. What a surprise. What happens if the money runs out. Shambles of a club.

Permanent move to Murrayfield and clearance of the building site for flats before Ann and Craig ride off into sunset?

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2017, 06:59 PM
19087Jambos heading for tynie

Caversham Green
04-08-2017, 07:01 PM

Here's the relevant sentence from the first statement:

The wettest June/July in years, coupled with the late delivery of seating from the Far East, due to shipping issues, means we will have to invoke our contingency plan and play our first few home fixtures at BT Murrayfield.

How much of that ties in with what's being said now? And they're praising "Queen Ann" for her honesty.

greenginger
04-08-2017, 07:02 PM
http://www.hardies.co.uk/case-studies/new-main-stand-at-tynecastle-park-for-heart-of-midlothian-football-club

Hardies certainly claim to be Principal Contractor for the project , however if a component is specifically requested by the client , like these Chinese seats, it can classed as a Nominated Supplier and it becomes the responsibility of the client or client's architect ( Clydesdale ) to process the order.

I did wonder why they didn't just go for a local stadia seating supplier, like maybe the Spectator Seating Group from Wolverhampton.

Then I checked their creditor's list from Vlad's days, bumped for £ 13,000. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
04-08-2017, 07:08 PM
http://www.hardies.co.uk/case-studies/new-main-stand-at-tynecastle-park-for-heart-of-midlothian-football-club

Hardies certainly claim to be Principal Contractor for the project , however if a component is specifically requested by the client , like these Chinese seats, it can classed as a Nominated Supplier and it becomes the responsibility of the client or client's architect ( Clydesdale ) to process the order.

I did wonder why they didn't just go for a local stadia seating supplier, like maybe the Spectator Seating Group from Wolverhampton.

Then I checked their creditor's list from Vlad's days, bumped for £ 13,000. :greengrin

Intrepid work old boy.

GloryGlory
04-08-2017, 07:12 PM
They chucked them in the south China sea 2 months ago fully expecting them to turn up on cramond foreshore but mad vlad intercepted them so they've got to pay more than 6% interest to get them on time.

Comedy gold. Big team though.

Did he drive his submarine all the way from the Baltic? :greengrin

Gmack7
04-08-2017, 07:22 PM
I feel we may be doing the big team a disservice regarding the seats,I'm sure it will be classed as safe standing

Ozyhibby
04-08-2017, 07:28 PM
I feel we may be doing the big team a disservice regarding the seats,I'm sure it will be classed as safe standing

Now we know why they said they were looking into safe standing at the end of last season. [emoji23]

Bostonhibby
04-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Did he drive his submarine all the way from the Baltic? :greengrinRest assured, someone somewhere is feeling their erses over this seat fiasco. Metaphorically speaking of course as they are deficient to the tune of several thousand seats already so there are no seats to put the erses on.

Big team though.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2017, 07:30 PM

I wondered about that as well when I heard they were getting seats from the other side of the world ...... that would explain it, no UK company will deal with them ..... Sickbag's thread keeps going on about there being a lot of 'good Hearts men' being involved in the project .... Aye, coz no other builder who thinks with their head rather than their heart will do work for that club unless they are paid up front :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
04-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Here's the relevant sentence from the first statement:

How much of that ties in with what's being said now? And they're praising "Queen Ann" for her honesty.
You'd think the might be a bit less gullible after Vlad but nope they're that deluded they've surpassed themselves again.

Deansy
04-08-2017, 07:46 PM

In conclusion…

Wow - they're not holding back on praising themseves on the football side of things, eh - everything and everyone there are so wonderful it's an enigma why they actually need a coach

Mantis Toboggan
04-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Wow - they're not holding back on praising themseves on the football side of things, eh - everything and everyone there are so wonderful it's an enigma why they actually need a coach

Statement someone manages to be nauseatingly self congratulory while admitting to a colossal **** up. Genuinely quite impressive.

Rocky
04-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Outstanding trolling from Hibs on Facebook - last two posts have mentioned seats. One talking about 'buy your seats' for tomorrow when they'd always normally say buy your tickets.

The Falcon
04-08-2017, 08:03 PM

They are also telling any prospective new "head coach" that the staff are in place and they are staying (because they cant afford to pay them off)

Joe6-2
04-08-2017, 08:04 PM

A case of coming back to bite you on the arse!

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Amateur at best from our pink chums

Hibernianinc
04-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Hands up who wants herts to get results against the sheep or huns ?

Right, doesn't matter where they play. Herts get pumped off everyone, including us. Level playing field and we concentrate on doing better than the aforementioned.

I'd love herts to get relegated. Love it.

SanFranHibs
04-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Hands up who wants herts to get results against the sheep or huns ?

Right, doesn't matter where they play. Herts get pumped off everyone, including us. Level playing field and we concentrate on doing better than the aforementioned.

I'd love herts to get relegated. Love it.

I would like to Hearts to get results.....BAD results. REALLY BAD results.

I laugh when people here say 'I hope they beat Celtic and they will keep Cathro' , or ' get a result and they will think they are better than they are before coming down to earth'....or words to that effect. (Appreciating the first is now out of date).

They will realise how bad they are when they lose consistently.

But they will have a nice new shiny stand to enjoy it from.

Aldo
04-08-2017, 08:56 PM
So it was on track to be ready but we forgot the seats. Hilarious.
Also so what the fek did weather have to do with anything. Comedy gold

But did you not say it would be ready regardless of its current state and everything was on track??

lapsedhibee
04-08-2017, 09:01 PM
So it was on track to be ready but we forgot the seats.
You did indeed.

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 09:17 PM
I would like to Hearts to get results.....BAD results. REALLY BAD results.

I laugh when people here say 'I hope they beat Celtic and they will keep Cathro' , or ' get a result and they will think they are better than they are before coming down to earth'....or words to that effect. (Appreciating the first is now out of date).

They will realise how bad they are when they lose consistently.

But they will have a nice new shiny stand to enjoy it from.
Oh yes. Catastrophic results that leave the lot of them dreading coming to Easter Road.

CraigHibee
04-08-2017, 09:22 PM

Cheap product from China for a very cheap team..

mca
04-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Cheap product from China for a very cheap team..

Probably from E-Bay..as well.. :wink: is this why Cathro Really got the Sack ???

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2017, 09:29 PM

Good to see their previous behaviour catching up with them,

Pescarese
04-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Statement someone manages to be nauseatingly self congratulory while admitting to a colossal **** up. Genuinely quite impressive.
Also impressively makes a lot of the project all being on time, apart from the bit that isn't. No mention of whether it's still on budget. Wonder why?

MartinfaePorty
04-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Sure Sportsound will be all over this tomorrow....I don't think. Willie Miller yesterday saying it's normal for building projects to go over time and over budget. Tomorrow it'll be that anyone could make such an error and it's a great opportunity to make more money at Murrayfield!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jgl07
04-08-2017, 09:49 PM

I am amazed that any work was done on the seating at Tynecastle judging by the faded state of the plastic. Was the debt related to design work on the ill-fated 'megadome' project?

I don't think there is a principal contractor for this project, just a series of work packages under the control of a Project Manager appointed by Hearts.

Hence all of the work package contractors are in the clear and the responsibility comes back to the client, their Project Manager and their Architects (except that James Clydesdale is a Construction Manager and not an Architect).

crash
04-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I am amazed that any work was done on the seating at Tynecastle judging by the faded state of the plastic. Was the debt related to design work on the ill-fated 'megadome' project?

).

The £13,000 would have been the money they charged us/ Celtic for seat damage in the away end. Naturally they didn't pass this money on to the Spectator Seating Group. What a surprise.

Criswell
04-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Some of Budgie's comments in her statement read like something from a long lost Monty Python sketch!

Jack Hackett
04-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Also impressively makes a lot of the project all being on time, apart from the bit that isn't. No mention of whether it's still on budget. Wonder why?

Which budget is that... the original or the 'revised'? The original, definitely not. The 'revised' will probably take another revision to bring it in line with the latest ****-up... so that will be a 'no' as well.

Cue some more pleas to stuff some more dosh in the cow...

I can't help but applaud their 'Believe' campaign way back in the day. Brainwashed the herd so thoroughly, they now 'Believe' any old ***** tossed in their direction

jacomo
04-08-2017, 11:08 PM
Some of Budgie's comments in her statement read like something from a long lost Monty Python sketch!

I cannot believe she has published that.

Wee Effen Bee
04-08-2017, 11:23 PM
"One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats."

Sorry for for sounding a wee bit daft but, was the stand to be open for business by 9 September? Is there a delay or not? It's late and I may be misreading this but if they weren't expecting to play home games till November anyway, what's the issue? I was thinking wee bits and pieces were not going to be ready but not the main part - the effing stand!:confused:

Mantis Toboggan
04-08-2017, 11:38 PM

Sorry for for sounding a wee bit daft but, was the stand to be open for business by 9 September? Is there a delay or not? It's late and I may be misreading this but if they weren't expecting to play home games till November anyway, what's the issue? I was thinking wee bits and pieces were not going to be ready but not the main part - the effing stand!:confused:

Proper doublespeak from Budge.
Everything will be there apart from the most important thing.

Criswell
04-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Actually, building a new stand and forgetting to order seats is a completely understandable error. A few years ago I decided to build a swimming pool in my back garden. After all the work had been done I stepped out expectantly on that first morning for my first dip... Doh!.. I had completely forgotten about the water supply!! Shame, but these things happen I suppose.

Not In The Know
05-08-2017, 12:26 AM

Amazing work.

Mikey09
05-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Nae seats.

Nae manager.

Nae morals.

Nae shame.

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Nae seats.

Nae manager.

Nae morals.

Nae shame.

Nae local seat supplier...Nae wonder!

LeithSqualk
05-08-2017, 05:11 AM
When did she find out about the delay. Was it not just a few weeks ago they stated everything was fine. Lying to the fans yet they still love their 'queen'

lapsedhibee
05-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Proper doublespeak from Budge.
Everything will be there apart from the most important thing.

And now here's Neil Alexander saying 'throda was a big success, apart from getting the team to play well on matchdays: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40830522)

Gmack7
05-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Shooorly they can now confirm what the stadium capacity will be,now that they've ordered the seats

WoreTheGreen
05-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Shooorly they can now confirm what the stadium capacity will be,now that they've ordered the seats

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but could the fans bring their own seats assorted bar stools deck cheis park benches and of course a few Jim'll fix it seats

macca70
05-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but could the fans bring their own seats assorted bar stools deck cheis park benches and of course a few Jim'll fix it seats

Like the tins collected from the food bank collection, maybe we could have a seat collection for them, bring along any old seats you wish to donate.

CentreLine
05-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Couldn't they contact everyone that was at their auction and get them to loan back the old seats until the spanking new ones finally arrive? They are going to need a plastic owl as well I imagine. 😂

WoreTheGreen
05-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Couldn't they contact everyone that was at their auction and get them to loan back the old seats until the spanking new ones finally arrive? They are going to need a plastic owl as well I imagine. 😂

I have got a couple of old east stand seats from ER they can borrow them but would want the owl as deposit

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Actually, building a new stand and forgetting to order seats is a completely understandable error. A few years ago I decided to build a swimming pool in my back garden. After all the work had been done I stepped out expectantly on that first morning for my first dip... Doh!.. I had completely forgotten about the water supply!! Shame, but these things happen I suppose.

Next week - Barbie and Ken in exciting masturbating contest.

Newry Hibs
05-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Now I'm not a builder or anything, but I like have thought seat installing would be about the last thing to do. So if budge is saying everything but the seats will b delivered on time, then presumably on September 9th there will be a complete structure there just without seats? I Doubt that.

Caversham Green
05-08-2017, 08:02 AM
So was this the real plan all along?

The SPFL would probably have been less amenable if HoMFC had said outright that they wanted to play their first few home games at Murrayfield and then switch to Tynie mid-stream. They would more likely have invoked the rule about playing each club at the same venue or made them play in front of three stands. That would have meant they could not sell all their sell season tickets, uptake of which would almost certainly have been affected by the delay anyway.

Instead they claimed the stand was expected to be ready in time, but presented Murrayfield as a contingency (did they mention this contingency when they were marketing their season tickets?).

Many knowledgeable, sensible people were saying from the outset that it would never be ready in time, and lo and behold it isn't. Frankly, "Oops we forgot to order the seats - what are we like?" doesn't wash with me.

NGP
05-08-2017, 08:08 AM
We've got 4 stands
Super big 4 stands
I don't think the yams understand
They are all complete
We've even got the seats
We've got super big 4 stands

Ozyhibby
05-08-2017, 08:08 AM

The SPFL would probably have been less amenable if HoMFC had said outright that they wanted to play their first few home games at Murrayfield and then switch to Tynie mid-stream. They would more likely have invoked the rule about playing each club at the same venue or made them play in front of three stands. That would have meant they could not sell all their sell season tickets, uptake of which would almost certainly have been affected by the delay anyway.

Instead they claimed the stand was expected to be ready in time, but presented Murrayfield as a contingency (did they mention this contingency when they were marketing their season tickets?).

Many knowledgeable, sensible people were saying from the outset that it would never be ready in time, and lo and behold it isn't. Frankly, "Oops we forgot to order the seats - what are we like?" doesn't wash with me.

I doubt it was the plan all along but don't be surprised to see further delays. That is not a well managed build. If they are forgetting to order obvious items like seats then there will be other things being missed all over the place.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 08:22 AM
So what happens if a new seat breaks ?

Do they have to order from the Far East and wait months ?

I thought it was the light composite base that was being shipped from Far East ?

Anyway interesting to see on Sept 9th how far along they are with the stand.

Budgie where your seats .. Budgie Budgie where your seats..

The_Todd
05-08-2017, 08:22 AM

When it comes to Hearts I'm usually cynical about their motives but in this case I honestly think it's ****-poor planning (to not start the work earlier and not to limit ST sales until they could be sure of a completed stadium), pig-headed arrogance to think they could even do it in this timeframe and just plain idiocy.

jgl07
05-08-2017, 08:24 AM
I doubt very much if they 'forgot' to order the seats. More likely they didn't have the 💰 in place and the Chinese would have wanted cash up front. There was a £3 million shortfall in the funding from the start.

Even when it is finished they will still have a non-UEFA compliant stadium with less than 20,000 capacity and will have prospects of expanding capacity or getting a full size pitch without starting from scratch.

GloryGlory
05-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I doubt it was the plan all along but don't be surprised to see further delays. That is not a well managed build. If they are forgetting to order obvious items like seats then there will be other things being missed all over the place.

Be interesting to see if they cut corners to speed up completion and the Council/Fire Brigade, etc have to make a decision re issuing safety certificates, etc. :greengrin

AltheHibby
05-08-2017, 08:31 AM
From their thread about her statement :

"Chris Robinson was an absolute disgrace. Should never be allowed into our ground without paying as far as I'm concerned. Never a more arrogant roaster could you meet."

Suddenly I have a weird liking for the pie man. 😁

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Shall we bring a seat for you!

macca70
05-08-2017, 08:37 AM
They are proper screwed if it's not ready for November as Scotland's 3 rugger Internationals are in November.

At that point they should be made to play at Tynie with 3 stands, if the new one is still not ready.

Mainstandman
05-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to the 9th sept when it will all be ready apart from the seats according to budge

greenginger
05-08-2017, 08:47 AM
So what happens if a new seat breaks ?

Do they have to order from the Far East and wait months ?

I thought it was the light composite base that was being shipped from Far East ?

Anyway interesting to see on Sept 9th how far along they are with the stand.

Budgie where your seats .. Budgie Budgie where your seats..

Certainly it was the composite steel seating deck I was told was the problem back in June.

Also, it was Korea , not China that the Hardie's guy had been to, to speed up the shipment.

Half truths and spin is the usual from Gorgie.

RyeSloan
05-08-2017, 08:51 AM
So Budge is saying she only realised a few days ago that they had ****** up the seat order and there was no way to get them quicker...so then had to 'invoke contingency'....aye right.

Lies on top of lies.

Good to know their football side is so strong and world renowned though...

degenerated
05-08-2017, 08:59 AM

That's the contractor's job, no?Only if you appointed a contractor to manage the whole process. What hearts have done is appoint Hardies to project manage the build with them being responsible for the procurement (aided by their project manager and his appointed design team)

It will take out the overhead & profit that a proper main contractor will add on but comes with inherent risks like not having a credible procurement function [emoji16] and as procurement appears to be within the clubs terms of reference then L & A damages for incompetence like this are something they can only dream of. [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
05-08-2017, 09:05 AM
I would hate to think that anyone would go along and place some seats there with a funny wee note attached and put the photos on social media !:wink:

Www1875hfc
05-08-2017, 09:09 AM
What gets me is that, they can host a pre season friendly against Newcastle with 3 stands ?
They should have been made to play there home games in that scenario as well.
No dispensation