PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

bigwheel
16-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Was surprised that the men’s toilets at the end I was sitting had no urinals. Just cubicles.
Seems bizarre and took ages

sure you were in the mens ? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-10-2018, 07:42 PM

Aye I was😄

WoreTheGreen
16-10-2018, 07:44 PM

Prostrate?😖

Kojock
16-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Was surprised that the men’s toilets at the end I was sitting had no urinals. Just cubicles.

It's because all the Jambos sit down to p155.

CropleyWasGod
16-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Prostrate?[emoji37]No. He was standing up.

Rimshot.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

StevieT
16-10-2018, 09:28 PM
The magnificent school view lounge with its view of the flags at the castle on a clear day if you're standing on the megastand roof.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The cracks in the table ends of the nearby flats

BILLYHIBS
16-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Had the same experience once until I heard the high heels clicking off the tiles on the toilet floor! :greengrin

Joe6-2
16-10-2018, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=BILLYHIBS;5577684]Had the same experience once until I heard the high heels clicking off the tiles on the toilet floor! :greengrin[/QUOTE

Me too! 😂😂

TrinityHibs
17-10-2018, 11:00 AM
They should be an issue though. That's the point he's making.

In theory you shouldn't start work before a warrant is issued.

Without a warrant there can't be a completion certificate.

There is no sign of any completion certificates or even current temporary occupation certificates for Tynecastle.

This is far from normal for buildings that receive the public.

A nursery which is meant to open next week but, as yet, doesn't appear to have a Building Warrant? That's ludicrous no matter how you try to explain it away - especially in a new-build where there aren''t the same "deemed to satisfy" grey areas or relaxation applications that are often associated with work to existing buildings.

To be fair Peevemor they can only get a completion certificate when the works are complete and they are a long way of that. To be accurate they are short of 2 completion certificates one for Building Warrant and also a Notice of Completion of Development in respect of the planning consent. I am sure the omissions are not needed for any insurance policy and if a claim was to be forthcoming the insurance companies would honour the spirit of their agreements. Like they always do.

Peevemor
17-10-2018, 11:56 AM
To be fair Peevemor they can only get a completion certificate when the works are complete and they are a long way of that. To be accurate they are short of 2 completion certificates one for Building Warrant and also a Notice of Completion of Development in respect of the planning consent. I am sure the omissions are not needed for any insurance policy and if a claim was to be forthcoming the insurance companies would honour the spirit of their agreements. Like they always do.

In that case the unfinished areas should have been removed from the Building Warrant (by an Amendment of Warrant if need be) thus enabling the statutory bodies to inspect and "sign off" the parts that are up and running.

Subsequent warrant applications for the ongoing work could then be submitted (as seems to be the case with the nursery).

Why they weren't forced to proceed in this manner is a mystery.

I've been involved in a good few projects in Edinburgh involving buildings open to the public, and have been involved in the Planning/Warrant/Certification (completion and occupation) process from A-Z. I would never have got away with something as shambolic as what has gone on at Tynecastle.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Walking to the ground with a couple of 11 year olds. You can see the main building has a curve on the ouside where the Hearts badge is.

One of the young lads asked if it was meant to have a curve?
To be honest I didn’t know what to say, was it meant to be curved, or built wrongly🤣

Juniper Greens
17-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Walking to the ground with a couple of 11 year olds. You can see the main building has a curve on the ouside where the Hearts badge is.

To be honest I didn’t know what to say, was it meant to be curved, or built wrongly🤣

Don't talk ill of the glass curtain. The first of it's kind, anywhere, ever

Keith_M
17-10-2018, 12:24 PM

How dare you! That's the most innovative and largest curvy Glass Curtain of all time!

The fact that Spurs have nearly finished their itsy-bitsy wee stadium faster is only because the new Stand at Tynecastle is of a standard that tiny wee clubs like Spurs could only dream off.

Hibs4185
17-10-2018, 12:47 PM
I have planning for 9 flats in Edinburgh. In order to finalise planning I had to agree to a section 75 agreement-essentially a tram contribution, it was approximately £50k.

These section 75 agreements apply to all developments in Edinburgh and vary depending on a few things. This is why it would’ve cost more to cancel the trams than finish them as they’d have to refund all the hotels at the Gyle etc. It was also one of the major reasons behind the delay in starting the old social work at shrubhill. Council wanted about £3milliom contribution.

Wonder how much the old jambos had to fork out for this? My guess not a lot.

CapitalGreen
17-10-2018, 12:57 PM

I think those ones were probably the ones that used to be female toilets but when they realised after the first few games that a lot more men attend football than woman they changed them.

Kato
17-10-2018, 01:10 PM
I have planning for 9 flats in Edinburgh. In order to finalise planning I had to agree to a section 75 agreement-essentially a tram contribution, it was approximately £50k.

These section 75 agreements apply to all developments in Edinburgh and vary depending on a few things. This is why it would’ve cost more to cancel the trams than finish them as they’d have to refund all the hotels at the Gyle etc. It was also one of the major reasons behind the delay in starting the old social work at shrubhill. Council wanted about £3milliom contribution.

From memory: At a council meeting mentioned on this board a councilor contended that "Hearts fans don't use the tram" so the tram fee was waived. I work at Sighthill and see Hearts fans on the tram if they have a midweek game. So they must just be using the tram to go a boozer rather than using it to get to the game itself. :confused:

HoboHarry
17-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Don't talk ill of the glass curtain. The first of it's kind, anywhere, ever
I've actually incorporated a good number of glass curtain wall systems into my projects over the last 5 years but in the case of exterior stores, none of them were expected to be around for more than 10 years before the system was replaced though that was for aesthetic reasons as opposed to structural issues. They are ok but not a long term solution that a football stadium should require.

With regards to Hearts however, I did say at the time of construction that the vinyl seals will be shot within 10 - 15 years and the younger Hearts fans will see a second facade built in their lifetimes.

murray26
17-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Is it true the hospitality suite is facing the car park and has no view of the pitch..?

greenginger
17-10-2018, 01:39 PM

The answer is Nil.

They argued that very few of their supporters used the tram to get to games therefor it would be unfair to make them pay.

The Council accepted this claim and the tram contribution was dropped.

Hibs4185
17-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Every man and their dog can claim they don’t use the tram, but it is still a major new development within Edinburgh and within a certain distance of the tram line. A refurbishment of the old stand wouldn’t need a section 75 but this is the 8th wonder of the world we are talking about.

Section 75’s don’t just cover the tram contribution, all manner of stuff is thrown in. Bus real time information etc, improving traffic flow etc etc.

Seems there is one rule for some and another for others. Or HMFC doing what they do best and bumping the council and taxpayers out of more money.

brog
17-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Brog did you add my quote by mistake??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, no idea how it happened, apologies.

Aldo
17-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Yes, no idea how it happened, apologies.

No worries.

jacomo
17-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Just wondering... are we going to get to the 12 month anniversary of the ‘grand opening’ (Budge in saviour mode) and it’s still not finished?

Keith_M
17-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Just wondering... are we going to get to the 12 month anniversary of the ‘grand opening’ (Budge in saviour mode) and it’s still not finished?

Well this thread started in June last year...

Famous Fiver
17-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Think they should have a statue to her in her 'Jesus' pose.

'Keep funding my Fantasy Football project, this isn't costing me a penny'.

You really couldn't make it up.

LeithSqualk
17-10-2018, 08:21 PM
Imagine they had someone competent running the show. If they did they would have a bigger capacity, they do not. They could attract more hospitality customers, they do not. They have their own bar with the cheapest prices of any pub in the area so minimising any profit. It’s guaranteed to be open three days a week, unless it’s only 2 days with no prior notification. They could have exclusive director and hospitality access like every other stadium I’ve been in but they don’t, so need to employ a wall of stewards to protect the plums who are paying for the privilege.

monarch
17-10-2018, 08:35 PM

And next month will be the two year anniversary of the erection of the scaffold framework thing that represented the start of the project.

lapsedhibee
17-10-2018, 08:54 PM
The answer is Nil.

They argued that very few of their supporters used the tram to get to games therefor it would be unfair to make them pay.

The Council accepted this claim and the tram contribution was dropped.

That's ******* outrageous.

Jack Hackett
18-10-2018, 05:24 AM
That's ******* outrageous.

It would be if it wasn't par for the course for the tramps. Nothing to see here...

GreenCastle
18-10-2018, 08:50 AM
I find it hilarious they STILL haven't sorted the changing rooms and tunnel out yet.

It's a joke of a stadium and structure - Hearts class.

Spurs have spent a fortune on their new stadium but a whole stadium will be finished before the yams can even finish 1 single tiered stand :faf::faf::faf:

Billy Whizz
18-10-2018, 10:07 AM
An other thing I was surprised about the other night. The seating in the new shiny stand is less spacious than our stand
Really tight

greenginger
18-10-2018, 10:21 AM
I see there has been one update on the Council website of the ongoing Building Warrant shambles at the Budge folly.

A Building Warrant has been granted to allow the reduction of the profile of the police control box.

This was passed yesterday 17th Oct and the website updated this morning.

Its not the website that isn't up to date as has been suggested, its simply the whole new stand is be occupied without Building Warrants or occupation certificates.

greenginger
19-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Further update, I see a temporary occupation certificate has been issued for the new nursery , so it will be opening on Tuesday .

No building warrant yet, but a completion certificate ? that's a new one for me ??

At least Budge will now have to hand over the cash to the Council for the land the Yam erection was built on.

Col2
19-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Further update, I see a temporary occupation certificate has been issued for the new nursery , so it will be opening on Tuesday .

No building warrant yet, but a completion certificate ? that's a new one for me ??

At least Budge will now have to hand over the cash to the Council for the land the Yam erection was built on.

Kyle Lafferty funds I imagine..

Chic Murray
19-10-2018, 09:17 AM

And their Champions League appearance money from next year, plus the 30m from Barca for Cochranaldo.

haagsehibby
19-10-2018, 09:50 AM
The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona has just received a building licence 136 years after work was started!!

GlesgaeHibby
19-10-2018, 09:56 AM

That plus the prize money for winning the league.

greenginger
19-10-2018, 10:06 AM
The council is selling the land for £ 260,000.

8 years ago it was £ 1.2 million Vlad was asked to pay.

Kato
19-10-2018, 10:27 AM
The council is selling the land for £ 260,000.

8 years ago it was £ 1.2 million Vlad was asked to pay.

Good to see the council maximising income for the City's budget without fear or favour. :rolleyes:

Hibs4185
19-10-2018, 02:05 PM
The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona has just received a building licence 136 years after work was started!!

I thought that record was in danger over in gorgie!

tamig
19-10-2018, 02:18 PM
An other thing I was surprised about the other night. The seating in the new shiny stand is less spacious than our stand
Really tight

Why did that surprise you? There is very little space about that place and they try and cram as much out of any area that they can. The tight/small seats and associated lack of legroom have been mentioned many times on this thread.

Jack Hackett
19-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Why did that surprise you? There is very little space about that place and they try and cram as much out of any area that they can. The tight/small seats and associated lack of legroom have been mentioned many times on this thread.

The yam lurkers occasionally need reminding as their own forum ignores the subject.

tamig
19-10-2018, 03:08 PM
The yam lurkers occasionally need reminding as their own forum ignores the subject.

Fair point bud 👍

Www1875hfc
12-11-2018, 06:23 AM
I see from today’s Evening news that the cost has risen to £18 million !!! States that the new main stand holds 7,290 seats. What does the Roseburn/gorgie/ wheatfield take the attendance figure up to now. When was the last time they had 20k watching a match ?

Barney McGrew
12-11-2018, 07:24 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-wants-highest-standards-as-tynecastle-upgrade-costs-hit-18m-1-4827850

Leith's finest
12-11-2018, 07:24 AM
It has got a playground outside mainstand/roseburn stand lol must have cost them about a fiver, at least I think it a playground

GlesgaeHibby
12-11-2018, 07:38 AM
I see from today’s Evening news that the cost has risen to £18 million !!! States that the new main stand holds 7,290 seats. What does the Roseburn/gorgie/ wheatfield take the attendance figure up to now. When was the last time they had 20k watching a match ?

Budge talks some amount of Tam Kite. Claims that once they got the stand open they slowed down as they realised the scale of the project and opportunity available. My arse, they slowed down because they were skint - late and way over budget.

£18m and it's still smaller than ER and will take another 12-18 months to finish :faf::aok:

green day
12-11-2018, 07:55 AM
£18m, sure the kickback idiots will think its all cash well spent :greengrin

Having said that, not all of that is the stand, £1m for the new pitch (which is a good investment imo), but its pretty clear that the cockup of the original build has cost them a lot.

I am quite amazed at how long its taking to complete, esp if they have the cash available - they officially opened it a year ago, and it will be at least another year until it is "finished".

I wonder what Aberdeen will spend on their new stadium? Was out with a (Raith fan) that lives in Aberdeen and he said their wealthy backers were putting in a fair chunk of cash.

Based on Hearts stadium build, Aberdeens could be £50 / £60m - which really puts into perspective what we spent on Easter Road.

Famous Fiver
12-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Mouthpiece AllisBarry desperately trying to put a spin on what was a disastrously planned project from day one.

Four hundred pages on here demonstrates exactly what has been going wrong.

£18 Million? Aye, and the rest. They have got it wrong up to now so experience tells us it will hit at least £20 million.

We got value for money in a well planned, financially viable project of which we can all be proud.

Hen's march to the midden doesn't even begin to describe their efforts.

And the gullible keep giving.

greenginger
12-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Hardly worth repeating, but they still don't have a certificate of temporary occupation for the new stand, or even been issued with a building warrant for the supporters bar, the club shop, the TV studio etc.

Applications for the building warrants were made back in April/May but so far nothing has been issued, but they've gone ahead and built and opened the facilities.

The new nursery is even stranger. No building warrant, but a certificate of temporary occupation was issued . :confused:

Don't suppose AllisBarry raises any of that.

green day
12-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Hardly worth repeating, but they still don't have a certificate of temporary occupation for the new stand, or even been issued with a building warrant for the supporters bar, the club shop, the TV studio etc.

Applications for the building warrants were made back in April/May but so far nothing has been issued, but they've gone ahead and built and opened the facilities.

The new nursery is even stranger. No building warrant, but a certificate of temporary occupation was issued . :confused:

Is any of that relevant?

Presumably they have a safety certificate which is all that must be required for them to play football.

greenginger
12-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Is any of that relevant?

Presumably they have a safety certificate which is all that must be required for them to play football.

Its relevant to all building projects.

Its also relevant to their insurance company. No certificate of legal occupation, no cover.

K.Marx
12-11-2018, 08:24 AM
So who’s bankrolling these extra costs? Budge personally or her chronies? Or will more FOH dosh be used?

Winston Ingram
12-11-2018, 08:34 AM
So who’s bankrolling these extra costs? Budge personally or her chronies? Or will more FOH dosh be used?

Their mysterious benefactors are undoubtedly stumping up here. They've already put £4.5m which doesn't even cover the over spend.

They were then somehow able to sign 17 players in the summer on top of this. There's no way they could fund it otherwise.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Barry at his best

The £18m total incorporates the cost of the stadium’s plush new main stand, a new piping and heating system, a fans’ bar, dressing rooms, corporate suites and restaurants, the Foundation Plaza, a new £1m hybrid pitch, redevelopment beneath the Wheatfield Stand, plus other smaller improvements in the surrounding area.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-wants-highest-standards-as-tynecastle-upgrade-costs-hit-18m-1-4827850

Imagine, dressing rooms in a new main stand. What a concept

Alan62
12-11-2018, 09:11 AM
Allisbarry's latest piece is the biggest pile of succulent lamb journalism since Jabba was in his pomp.

What an absolute pile of sycophantic nonsense. Everything is given a positive spin. Somehow a huge overspend is made to look like an opportunity to do something even better. Bad planning has become serendipity. Does he even know what the word 'plush' means? Has he seen the photos of the 'major hospitality and conference destination'?

In these Trumpian times when fake is the news, apparently the bigger the lies you tell, the more people believe you.

All is, indeed, barry while you're squashed into a tiny little seat, rain lashing your laptop, knees wrapped round the ears of the guy in front of you, surrounded by hostile punters because there's no designated access route to the 'press box'. £18M and rising. Bargain.

Oscar T Grouch
12-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Barry at his best

The £18m total incorporates the cost of the stadium’s plush new main stand, a new piping and heating system, a fans’ bar, dressing rooms, corporate suites and restaurants, the Foundation Plaza, a new £1m hybrid pitch, redevelopment beneath the Wheatfield Stand, plus other smaller improvements in the surrounding area.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-wants-highest-standards-as-tynecastle-upgrade-costs-hit-18m-1-4827850

Dressing rooms they don’t even use, over a year since the stand was opened 🤨

Alan62
12-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Dressing rooms they don’t even use, over a year since the stand was opened 🤨

They don't use them because they aren't there yet.

Plush.

Hibs4185
12-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Barry at his best

The best one though is ‘restaurants’, is that the sky lounge with the views of tynecastle high? Where’s the other restaurant to make it plural or do our mighty pink chums now take their grandeur to a new level and call pie stands restaurants?? 😂😂

G B Young
12-11-2018, 10:30 AM

"Ann Budge has commissioned extra cash..." What does that mean?!

As others have said, the a**e-licking attitude of the EN towards the yams is pathetic. This story can't be described as journalism/reporting. It could have been lifted straight from the Hearts website or programme. Nothing wrong with Allisbarry carrying the quotes from Budge, but come on...this is a project which is now running £6m over its initial £12m budget and "won't be completed until well into the 2019/20 season". How about raising some questions about that?? The costs seem to be rising by around £3m every six months so by 2020 who's to say the whole thing won't be costing them double the original figure?

G B Young
12-11-2018, 10:37 AM

None of this is ever raised by the EN. I can only assume they're worried Hearts will stop talking to them if they raise any awkward questions.

Out of interest, have you ever pointed any of this out to the EN or indeed the media at large and if so, has anyone given you the impression they're interested in looking into it? It's the sort of thing that reporters back in the day might at least have done a bit of digging around. These days it appears that clubs simply issue a press release and guys like AllisBarry do little more than swallow it whole.

Alan62
12-11-2018, 10:37 AM
"Ann Budge has commissioned extra cash..." What does that mean?!

Perhaps 'commissioned', like 'plush' is a word that Barry hasn't quite understood. Unless of course he's using it in the sense of 'bringing something in to working condition' - like the changing rooms which will be 'commissioned' in a year or two's time.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Perhaps 'commissioned', like 'plush' is a word that Barry hasn't quite understood. Unless of course he's using it in the sense of 'bringing something in to working condition' - like the changing rooms which will be 'commissioned' in a year or two's time.They "commissioned" a "plush" corporate area with views of the castle and look how that worked out.

itslegaltender
12-11-2018, 11:00 AM
None of this is ever raised by the EN. I can only assume they're worried Hearts will stop talking to them if they raise any awkward questions.

Out of interest, have you ever pointed any of this out to the EN or indeed the media at large and if so, has anyone given you the impression they're interested in looking into it? It's the sort of thing that reporters back in the day might at least have done a bit of digging around. These days it appears that clubs simply issue a press release and guys like AllisBarry do little more than swallow it whole.

I think there is quite a few Hibees blocked by AllisBarry on twitter, difficult to challenge him now.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2018, 11:05 AM
I think there is quite a few Hibees blocked by AllisBarry on twitter, difficult to challenge him now.Think that stems from when he got mocked for his use of yamanomics around their self sufficient period when he got his millions mixed up with his thousands in an article?

Peevemor
12-11-2018, 11:40 AM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?322200-Hearts-New-Stand-Thread-(Merged)&p=5185125&viewfull=1#post5185125

greenginger
12-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Talking to a work colleague today. He lives in McLeod St. His block of flats has sustained damage during the construction to the tune of 80k. There’s a bun fight going on about who pays for the repairs. It happened during the driving of the piles.

Had a look at this on my way past this morning.

The bulge in the front of the tenement has increased, and a second floor sash and case window, where the bulge is most pronounced, has separated from the stone surround. There is about a 4 inch gap between the wooden casement and the stonework with a chance the whole thing could fall to the street below.

Has your work colleague had any updates as to how the building will be repaired ?

lapsedhibee
12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
"Ann Budge has commissioned extra cash..." What does that mean?

Means that poppy charity coffers are full at this time of year, and ripe for another raid.

JimBHibees
12-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Allisbarry's latest piece is the biggest pile of succulent lamb journalism since Jabba was in his pomp.

What an absolute pile of sycophantic nonsense. Everything is given a positive spin. Somehow a huge overspend is made to look like an opportunity to do something even better. Bad planning has become serendipity. Does he even know what the word 'plush' means? Has he seen the photos of the 'major hospitality and conference destination'?

In these Trumpian times when fake is the news, apparently the bigger the lies you tell, the more people believe you.

All is, indeed, barry while you're squashed into a tiny little seat, rain lashing your laptop, knees wrapped round the ears of the guy in front of you, surrounded by hostile punters because there's no designated access route to the 'press box'. £18M and rising. Bargain.

:faf::faf:

Jack Hackett
12-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Means that poppy charity coffers are full at this time of year, and ripe for another raid.

The 'famous' wouldn't stoop as low as to steal from a charity with connections to the war they won... Would they?

Naaah!

Seveno
12-11-2018, 05:15 PM

The bulge in the front of the tenement has increased, and a second floor sash and case window, where the bulge is most pronounced, has separated from the stone surround. There is about a 4 inch gap between the wooden casement and the stonework with a chance the whole thing could fall to the street below.

Has your work colleague had any updates as to how the building will be repaired ?

Surely the Main Contractor will have been required to arranged insurance under JCT Clause 21.2.1?

Oh wait, there wasn’t a Main Contractor was there?

Smartie
12-11-2018, 05:19 PM

Aye, but at least you're close enough to rain sectarian abuse down on opposition managers, and if he gives a bit back you don't have far to go to get your hand into your pocket to hoy a coin at him.

greenlex
12-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Nope. Still a bun fight going on. He reckons the biggest problem is the majority of the flats are in the rental sector and getting everyone on the same page to collectively push it on us almost impossible. Absent landlords not giving it their immediate attention it seems.

Keith_M
12-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Even taking off the 1 million they splashed out on the pitch, the (currently estimated*) cost has increased from 12 to 17 million, i.e. a 41.6% increase on the original estimate.

For that, they'll have a single tier stand, with no dedicated Director's Box**, Executive Seating with no dedicated entry***, no Executive boxes, seats at the end with a blocked view and a hastily constructed TV Studio, also without a dedicated entry****.

All that and they now expect to finish it roughly 18 months late.

* That's only the current estimate, with further increases likely
** Director's are down the front, open to the rain, and have to enter and exit with the fans.
*** All that extra money and they also have to enter and exit with the rest of the fans,
**** ....as do the TV Pundits.

Meanwhile, Hibs finished a Two Tier, fully fitted Stand, a proper Director's Area with it's own entrance, a large Press Area, a Restaurant with a view of the pitch...on time and on budget for less than half that price.

Famous Fiver
12-11-2018, 05:47 PM
And fully paid for from profits, no sugar daddies, gullible fans or poppy tins involved.

greenlex
12-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Even taking off the 1 million they splashed out on the pitch, the (currently estimated*) cost has increased from 12 to 17 million, i.e. a 41.6% increase on the original estimate.

For that, they'll have a single tier stand, with no dedicated Director's Box**, Executive Seating with no dedicated entry***, no Executive boxes, seats at the end with a blocked view and a hastily constructed TV Studio, also without a dedicated entry****.

All that and they now expect to finish it roughly 18 months late.

* That's only the current estimate, with further increases likely
** Director's are down the front, open to the rain, and have to enter and exit with the fans.
*** All that extra money and they also have to enter and exit with the rest of the fans,
**** ....as do the TV Pundits.

Meanwhile, Hibs finished a Two Tier, fully fitted Stand, a proper Director's Area with it's own entrance, a large Press Area, a Restaurant with a view of the pitch...on time and on budget for less than half that price.
Aye but they were able to keep playing at Tynecastle with minimum dusrution during the construction by basically building the new stand round the old one before demolis..................no wait a minute.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Has your work colleague had any updates as to how the building will be repaired ?Maybe the good doctor was able to ignore normal project management and construction rules because they "commissioned" a "plush" bulge in local gable end walls as part of the overall local community benefits proposal?

Maybe there's a connected journalist that could put a spin on this side benefit?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jack Hackett
12-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Aye but they were able to keep playing at Tynecastle with minimum dusrution during the construction by basically building the new stand round the old one before demolis..................no wait a minute.

A minute? :greengrin

#allisbarry trumpeting work commencing on 18th Nov '16

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/work-starts-on-hearts-main-stand-as-demolition-begins-1-4293112

We have an upcoming anniversary folks :lolyam:

greenginger
12-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Nope. Still a bun fight going on. He reckons the biggest problem is the majority of the flats are in the rental sector and getting everyone on the same page to collectively push it on us almost impossible. Absent landlords not giving it their immediate attention it seems.

The Council has a number to report unsafe buildings.

The way the sash and case window is detached from its surrounds makes it qualify.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20123/shared_repairs/343/unsafe_buildings_and_emergency_repairs

It might get the other owners attention if they got a letter from the Council.

jacomo
12-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Barry at his best

Budge wants to ‘do something special’ with the ‘highest standards possible’?

Didn’t realise she was going to knock it down and start from scratch. That will certainly increase the budget.

weecounty hibby
12-11-2018, 07:16 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/work-starts-on-hearts-main-stand-as-demolition-begins-1-4293112

No way!! two full years and still not complete? It almost makes you wonder if there was something else that happened in 2016 that forced their hand in trying to get some positive news regarding Poppy Thieves FC. Anyone think what that could have been?

EastCalderHibby
12-11-2018, 07:27 PM
They don't use them because they aren't there yet.

Plush.

Did the queen forget to order them seats as well deary me

Keith_M
12-11-2018, 07:47 PM

"The entire project is due for completion in September 2017 and will finish the rebuilding of the stadium."

Funny that, cos the same AllIsBarry just told us that it will now be some time in Season 2019/20, i.e at least two years late.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Budge wants to ‘do something special’ with the ‘highest standards possible’?

Didn’t realise she was going to knock it down and start from scratch. That will certainly increase the budget.

Anyone thinking a statue might be in the offing?

All in the best possible taste naturally. Their most successful modern day owner - 18 ft tall polystyrene statue of agent Romanov, dressed in maroon faux suede, one hand pointed skyward as if pointing to the stand they could have had if he'd hung around, and in the other a big sack with a £ sign on it.

greenlex
12-11-2018, 07:48 PM

The way the sash and case window is detached from its surrounds makes it qualify.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20123/shared_repairs/343/unsafe_buildings_and_emergency_repairs

:aok:

cocteautwin
13-11-2018, 08:51 AM
So, £17m (and rising) for a decidedly average new stand.

Does anyone know how this compares to other football stands recently built around the country? Is this good value or has someone seriously messed up . . . . . or is someone at it with a bit of money laundering?

Gloucester Hibs
13-11-2018, 09:24 AM

:grr: Succulent chip journalism you mean!

Kojock
13-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Does anyone know how this compares to other football stands recently built around the country? Is this good value or has someone seriously messed up . . . . . or is someone at it with a bit of money laundering?

ER costs:

Famous Five and South Stands 1995 - about £7m all in for the two
West Stand 2001 about £7m
East Stand 2010 £6m

So £20m in total for a fully fit for purpose stadium with directors box, dressing rooms, hospitality suites, press box etc. Oh and add 5 million for East Mains not a bad bit of business compared to the 17 million f@@@ up.

Deansy
13-11-2018, 10:12 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-owner-wants-highest-standards-as-tynecastle-upgrade-costs-hit-18m-1-4827850

It struggles to reach the giddy heights of a 'decidely average new stand' !

jacomo
13-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Anyone thinking a statue might be in the offing?

All in the best possible taste naturally. Their most successful modern day owner - 18 ft tall polystyrene statue of agent Romanov, dressed in maroon faux suede, one hand pointed skyward as if pointing to the stand they could have had if he'd hung around, and in the other a big sack with a £ sign on it.

Surely a statue of Queen of Hearts in her Jesus pose would finish off the Plaza nicely?

Bostonhibby
13-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Surely a statue of Queen of Hearts in her Jesus pose would finish off the Plaza nicely?But she's not won as much as agent romanov [emoji5]

Famous Fiver
13-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Jacomo

I completely agree and I am sure said statue will be put in place as soon as she persuades the gullible FOH hordes that she will be the cherry on the icing of a very rickety cake.

You heard it here first.

Bostonhibby
13-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Jacomo

I completely agree and I am sure said statue will be put in place as soon as she persuades the gullible FOH hordes that she will be the cherry on the icing of a very rickety cake.

You heard it here first.I'm warming to this idea now, the idea of an incomplete poorly constructed statue seems appropriate. If they made it a couple of hundred feet tall you might be able to see it from the castle.

A cheap construction option? How about a waxwork or maybe they could bake one.

DarlingtonHibee
13-11-2018, 11:08 AM
ER costs:

East Stand 2010 £6m

So £20m in total for a fully fit for purpose stadium with directors box, dressing rooms, hospitality suites, press box etc. Oh and add 5 million for East Mains not a bad bit of business compared to the 17 million f@@@ up.

Think the East was less as hall construction needed the work and the steel price was very low.

hibbydad
13-11-2018, 11:14 AM
From what I remember the East cost between 3 and 4 and the west about 8

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-11-2018, 12:15 PM
I think her Hibs loving brother is doing a fine job 😅

Steven79
13-11-2018, 12:21 PM
From what I remember the East cost between 3 and 4 and the west about 8

The East was an utter bargain! I'm hopefully switching it to next season as the 7 year old is now going on a regular basis and wants to see the game side on.

Alan62
13-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Add to the £17M and counting the cost of refurbishing the other three stands which, frankly, aren't great and, I think, were originally built with a relatively short lifespan.

Liberal Hibby
13-11-2018, 12:43 PM
ER costs:

East Stand 2010 £6m

Prices have roughly doubled since 2001 so it would cost around £14m at today's prices to build the West stand. Still suggests £17+ million for an inferior single tier stand at Tynecastle is overpriced (but not by as much as the raw figures suggest).

Winston Ingram
13-11-2018, 12:50 PM
ER costs:

East Stand 2010 £6m

Are these official figures Kojock?

IIRC the east only cost £3.2m

From what i can remember it was quite a bleak time in the construction industry and Barr Construction approached us and gave us it for bargain price.

It was built on time and on budget as it was quite basic build. By basic i mean no corporate facilities, changing rooms, offices etc, just a stand, seats, pie stalls and toilets.

Keith_M
13-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Think the East was less as hall construction needed the work and the steel price was very low.

The East Stand cost 3.5 million.

Keith_M
13-11-2018, 01:27 PM
ER costs:

East Stand 2010 £6m

This is the cost, taking into account inflation since each of those stands was built (plus the East only cost 3.5M)

FF & South 13.32M
West Stand 11.2M
East Stand 4.48M

Total Cost of rebuild, in real terms (inflation adjusted): 29M

SirDavidsNapper
13-11-2018, 01:38 PM
The East Stand cost 3.5 million.

Incredible really.

Ozyhibby
13-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Do you have a picture of this damage?

Peevemor
13-11-2018, 03:11 PM

I'm surprised it's not on the Hearts website given their love of curved walls.

DarlingtonHibee
13-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Rod to thank for that.

Alan62
13-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Rod to thank for that.

Crazy talk. You'll be called a Jambo Lurker and thrown out for this incendiary comment. :cb

DarlingtonHibee
13-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Rod did that deal.

Golden Bear
13-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Are these official figures Kojock?

IIRC the east only cost £3.2m

From what i can remember it was quite a bleak time in the construction industry and Barr Construction approached us and gave us it for bargain price.

It was built on time and on budget as it was quite basic build. By basic i mean no corporate facilities, changing rooms, offices etc, just a stand, seats, pie stalls and toilets.

:agree:

Steel was at rock bottom prices which I think prompted the decision to go ahead when it did.

Keith_M
13-11-2018, 05:45 PM

Steel was at rock bottom prices which I think prompted the decision to go ahead when it did.

Yeah but it was a waste of money and we'll never fill it.

cabbageandribs1875
13-11-2018, 06:14 PM
I think her Hibs loving brother is doing a fine job 😅

and also her Brothers Son :agree:

who of course is her Nephew :)

greenginger
13-11-2018, 07:15 PM

No, but you can't miss it.

Second floor , third window from the end gable on Mcleod Street. Its where the bow in the front wall is most pronounced.

If you take a look, check the cracking in the ground floor window mullion next to the stair door. There is also a split stone window ground floor sill appeared in the adjacent block No 3 .

The Modfather
13-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Rod to thank for that.

Don’t think anyone disputes that Petrie negotiated an excellent deal on the East Stand build, also difficult to argue the football side fell off a cliff around the same time too under his watch.

Leith Green
13-11-2018, 07:21 PM

Thats total madness. U could almost build a new stadium for that 😂

The 90+2
13-11-2018, 07:43 PM

Wasn’t it permission from nearby flats expiring?

Hibs4185
13-11-2018, 08:00 PM
If I remember correctly, Petrie said on average a new stand is £1000-£1300 per seat as a general indication depending on finishes. This kind of price ties in with the estimated costs of our stands. The east was built for £500 a seat I’m sure.

The yams are currently around £2600 per seat and rising for a future carbuncle winner

O'Rourke3
13-11-2018, 08:04 PM
Wasn’t it permission from nearby flats expiring?Not permission from flats as they were not there when permission was first granted. There was a risk letting permission run out that there would be challenges for an extension. A lot of stars lining up same time as steel was cheap and a recession making quotes cheaper.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
13-11-2018, 08:05 PM
If I remember correctly, Petrie said on average a new stand is £1000-£1300 per seat as a general indication depending on finishes. This kind of price ties in with the estimated costs of our stands. The east was built for £500 a seat I’m sure.

The yams are currently around £2600 per seat and rising for a future carbuncle winner
And space between seats is a lot smaller than our East. I’ve been in their new stand twice, for Scotland under 21 games, and legroom is less than our East

13-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Rod did that deal.

The person responsible for East Stand (West Stand and East Mains) is no longer at the club.

Combined cost of all three was less than Hearts have paid so far for their incomplete Main Stand.

Moulin Yarns
13-11-2018, 09:17 PM
No, but you can't miss it.

Second floor , third window from the end gable on Mcleod Street. Its where the bow in the front wall is most pronounced.

If you take a look, check the cracking in the ground floor window mullion next to the stair door. There is also a split stone window ground floor sill appeared in the adjacent block No 3 .

When did they start fracking at Tynecastle?

WeAreHibs
14-11-2018, 05:59 AM
Surely a statue of Queen of Hearts in her Jesus pose would finish off the Plaza nicely?

Thought she'd already commissioned it.

Winston Ingram
14-11-2018, 06:16 AM

Of which 300 con only see 3/4 of the pitch

LeithSqualk
14-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Don’t want to post another tread on the poppy thieves but can someone tell me how they have managed to post a 1.8million profit whilst building the tiny new cute stand? It’s been a while since I did higher Accounts but I’m perplexed.

jacomo
14-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Don’t think anyone disputes that Petrie negotiated an excellent deal on the East Stand build, also difficult to argue the football side fell off a cliff around the same time too under his watch.

Indeed it did. Hearts seem to have avoided that fate so far. But I can’t help but think that the money will run out at some point and it will go pear shaped for them.

superfurryhibby
14-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Don’t want to post another tread on the poppy thieves but can someone tell me how they have managed to post a 1.8million profit whilst building the tiny new cute stand? It’s been a while since I did higher Accounts but I’m perplexed.

We await their annual accounts with eagerness. The dissection by our wonderful in house financial analysts should be very interesting.

So, 18 million and no end in sight. The seats are well padded though.

hibbyfraelibby
14-11-2018, 11:07 AM
The person responsible for East Stand (West Stand and East Mains) is no longer at the club.

Combined cost of all three was less than Hearts have paid so far for their incomplete Main Stand.

Garry O'Hagan did us proud.

hibbyfraelibby
14-11-2018, 11:10 AM

I reckon its the £2m cash donation from benefactors toward the carbuncle plus a £1m donation from FOH being used to hide an actual "clean" £1.2m real operating loss.

I know CWG will explain things differently but I'm just a simple sucker...

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2018, 12:08 PM
I reckon its the £2m cash donation from benefactors toward the carbuncle plus a £1m donation from FOH being used to hide an actual "clean" £1.2m real operating loss.

I know CWG will explain things differently but I'm just a simple sucker...

See my comments on the main thread.

Your sucking is no bad. :greengrin

O'Rourke3
14-11-2018, 06:48 PM

:confused::confused:

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2018, 06:56 PM
:confused::confused:Damn. That was meant to be in a private message.

O'Rourke3
14-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Damn. That was meant to be in a private message.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[emoji23]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
16-11-2018, 05:11 PM

Ma granny taught me...well about eggs any way😏😏😏

FilipinoHibs
16-11-2018, 11:42 PM

3 mill in donations is a 1.2 trading loss. See CWG.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2018, 08:05 AM
3 mill in donations is a 1.2 trading loss. See CWG.To be fair, though, 1m of the donations was ring-fenced for players. The assumption is that, without that, the money wouldn't (couldn't?) have been spent. It's therefore more like a 200k loss.

Jack Hackett
17-11-2018, 09:38 AM
To be fair, though, 1m of the donations was ring-fenced for players. The assumption is that, without that, the money wouldn't (couldn't?) have been spent. It's therefore more like a 200k loss.

Quite right bud... it's not like they have a history of doing that sort of thing when they're skint :wink:

FilipinoHibs
18-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Quite right bud... it's not like they have a history of doing that sort of thing when they're skint :wink:

Spending money they dont really have on players they cant afford. Yes not like them. They can't depend on those donations year in year out. The round figures of these donations and the fact they never appeared when Hearts needed saving - just add up all the donations including the shirt sponsorship scam. It all points to one person Queen Anne. A desperate attempt to make Hearts financially successful on their own genuine income. They only way she will get her money back.

Gloucester Hibs
18-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Anyone remember a year or so ago, the photo of the stairs leading to nowhere? Was it ever established if that was completed?! In my mind it’s still like that; Gorgie’s own platform 9 3/4

Seveno
27-11-2018, 01:33 PM
I heard on the radio that there were temporary traffic lights on Gorgie Road at the junction with McLeod Street. I wondered if it might be anything to do with the tenement with the bulging wall?

Keith_M
27-11-2018, 01:42 PM
I think their new stand looks quite smart, actually.

From a distance obviously.

Bostonhibby
27-11-2018, 01:49 PM
I think their new stand looks quite smart, actually.

From a distance obviously.Looks characterful, historic and atmospheric just like the old one.

Sounds like they've managed to capture some of it's worst features as well as introducing innovations like restricted views and higher prices. And can any other club match the Al Fresco executive press lounge?

greenginger
27-11-2018, 02:54 PM
I heard on the radio that there were temporary traffic lights on Gorgie Road at the junction with McLeod Street. I wondered if it might be anything to do with the tenement with the bulging wall?

Are you sure they said McLeod Street. I passed along Gorgie rd at 12.00 and there were no lights at McLeod st, but temp lights at the junction with Westfield rd causing hold ups.

The wall is still bulging , and the cracks still widening. :aok:

Seveno
27-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Are you sure they said McLeod Street. I passed along Gorgie rd at 12.00 and there were no lights at McLeod st, but temp lights at the junction with Westfield rd causing hold ups.

The wall is still bulging , and the cracks still widening. :aok:

That’s what BBC Radio Scotland said. They said it was causing congestion but clearly got the exact location wrong.

Does the damage look dangerous?

Sioux
18-12-2018, 08:34 PM
The budgie announced today that so far the running costs are £20.7 million!!!!!!!!!

Club resources - £6.7m

Benefactors - £6.75m

FOH - £3m

Supporter initiatives - £2m

Loan facility - £1.75m

Lease funding - £0.5m

Further spending on the stand includes £0.8m on the changing rooms (Jun 19), £0.6m on the 3rd floor lounge (Jun 19), £1.6m on the 2nd floor (19/20 season) and ongoing refurbishment of £0.5m.

So, by next year, or thereabouts, total cost £24.2 million. Bargain.

WTF are supporters initiatives? Must be some amount of bake sales and face painting.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2018, 08:52 PM
£24.2m for one stand. :doh:

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 09:01 PM

It’s not just any stand though.

GreenCastle
18-12-2018, 09:21 PM
The budgie announced today that so far the running costs are £20.7 million!!!!!!!!!

Club resources - £6.7m

Benefactors - £6.75m

FOH - £3m

Loan facility - £1.75m

Lease funding - £0.5m

Further spending on the stand includes £0.8m on the changing rooms (Jun 19), £0.6m on the 3rd floor lounge (Jun 19), £1.6m on the 2nd floor (19/20 season) and ongoing refurbishment of £0.5m.

WTF are supporters initiatives? Must be some amount of bake sales and face painting.

If you search google - last year Budge says it would be £15 million.

It’s hilarious how much it’s cost and how long it’s taken to finish..and it’s still not complete - March or June...if they are lucky..

RyeSloan
18-12-2018, 09:26 PM

It’s hilarious how much it’s cost and how long it’s taken to finish..and it’s still not complete - March or June...if they are lucky..

Not really a problem when you get some one else to pay for it though is it?

Alan62
18-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Luckily for them, the rest of the stadium is in tip top condition and won’t need upgrading in the near future.

The 90+2
18-12-2018, 09:30 PM
How on Earth (politely) do they just go on and on spending other people’s money all of the time? Benefactors? They ***** £7m in a year but don’t wont to buy the club when it’s puckering up its bj lips, again?

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 09:37 PM
That's serious cash! Imagine if they had done this properly and saved c£15m, the squad of world cup stars they could have assembled!

GreenCastle
18-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Luckily for them, the rest of the stadium is in tip top condition and won’t need upgrading in the near future.

Luckily for them there is room for expansion and space to develop further or not ! Hahahahahahaha..

Surely they sorted that 5 a side pitch they have - nah they didn’t sort that either !

Shambles FC

Elephant Stone
18-12-2018, 09:43 PM

Looks like they spent about 40 quid building the other three stands though, doubt they're worried about the cost of replacing those.

One Day Soon
18-12-2018, 10:22 PM
What kind of utterly incoherent financial incontinence results in spending £24 million on one deeply average stand? How the **** can a dressing room cost £800,000?

I'm not sure even Vlad was quite that mental.

Saturday Boy
18-12-2018, 10:46 PM
What kind of utterly incoherent financial incontinence results in spending £24 million on one deeply average stand? How the **** can a dressing room cost £800,000?

Now now, remember that it’s us who are throwing money down the drain because we only sell half the South stand to the old firm.

I think some people are really hurting after Friday night 😄

CMurdoch
18-12-2018, 11:38 PM

£800k for dressing rooms sounds nuts.
Can't believe they will spend more than £200k
Hibs dressing rooms look like circa £40k. Basic as a basic thing.

cocteautwin
18-12-2018, 11:53 PM

Mental is indeed the word to describe the HMFC funding process. Fans have injected over £22.4m into their recovery project since Admin and the above figures would suggest that it will need to be even more. Their recent published accounts showed they had eff all cash at the end of June, in a period when most other clubs have cash balances from early season ticket renewals and they needed another major cash injection in their new financial period (at least £3.25m, plus the monthly FoH contributions). Their accounts also showed they had almost double the playing and coaching staff of their nearest competitors and one can presume this will rise further after some more Levein panic buys in January.

And all for what? A 5-0 pumping from Livi on a cold December Friday night?

It's like they never learned their lesson the last time.

Ryan69
19-12-2018, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=One Day Soon;5634504]What kind of utterly incoherent financial incontinence results in spending £24 million on one deeply average stand? How the **** can a dressing room cost £800,000?

It's nice that Budges brother is creaming off them too..😁

Springbank
19-12-2018, 06:40 AM
a big win for us in the derby will set hearts back years

théy are in a right state

Famous Fiver
19-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Don't forget the view of the Castle not achieved by the creation of the super restaurant/lounge lah de dah.

I get a free view of the Castle every day on the 26 bus with my Bus Pass!! Didn't cost me £20 Mill+.

hibbysam
19-12-2018, 08:22 AM
a big win for us in the derby will set hearts back years

théy are in a right state

100%. Especially now we’re right up their ***** again. They thought this season showed last year was just a blip, when in reality this season is looking like one of our many seasons 10 years ago, cracking start, sit top of the league, then fall to bits and either scrape top 6 or plummet into bottom 6.

Peevemor
19-12-2018, 08:48 AM
What's the difference between a main stand and the others? The changing rooms, the director's box and the press box. At Tynie the changing rooms aren't even done yet and the other 2 aren't fit for purpose.

It really is a ridiculous amount of money considering the sub-standard result.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2018, 09:17 AM
What's the difference between a main stand and the others? The changing rooms, the director's box and the press box. At Tynie the changing rooms aren't even done yet and the other 2 aren't fit for purpose.

It really is a ridiculous amount of money considering the sub-standard result.

That can't be right. I keep hearing how far ahead of us all this money is making them.

G B Young
19-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Go back a little further and you'll see that the original projected cost 'for the entire redevelopment of Tynecsastle' was £12 million.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-unveil-plans-for-new-12-million-main-stand-1-4116908

So the costs have now more than doubled - and that's just for the one stand, not the entire redevelopment of the stadium.

GreenCastle
19-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Go back a little further and you'll see that the original projected cost 'for the entire redevelopment of Tynecsastle' was £12 million.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-unveil-plans-for-new-12-million-main-stand-1-4116908

So the costs have now more than doubled - and that's just for the one stand, not the entire redevelopment of the stadium.

£24 million and counting for new stand..:faf:

56 years and counting since they won the League Cup :faf:

Less than a week since they got pumped 5-0 by Livi !

Greenworld
19-12-2018, 10:34 AM
One thing is they have a wealthy benefactor pumping money in and interesting link up with USA clubs ..

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

cookin_on_gaz
19-12-2018, 11:03 AM

So the costs have now more than doubled - and that's just for the one stand, not the entire redevelopment of the stadium.Don't forget that for that £12 million they were also given an artists impression of a stand with a pretty impressive glass curtain wall. Now for 20 odd million they have a building that looks like a 1970's office block. We'll done Jambo's

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

19-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Club resources - £6.7m

Benefactors - £6.75m

FOH - £3m

Loan facility - £1.75m

Lease funding - £0.5m

A slap in the face for the 200 unpaid creditors.

Aldo
19-12-2018, 11:51 AM
It’s not just any stand though.

Indeed Billy.

It’s a single tiered one with restricted views, unfinished interior, it’s starting to rust and has a capacity of under 20,000

Mind you I’m just a jealous peg selling Hobo!

Keith_M
19-12-2018, 11:56 AM

In real terms, the cost of their one stand is fast approaching the overall cost of our whole stadium.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my calculations from earlier in the thread...

This is the cost, taking into account inflation since each of those stands was built (plus the East only cost 3.5M)

FF & South 13.32M
West Stand 11.2M
East Stand 4.48M

Total Cost of rebuild, in real terms (inflation adjusted): 29M

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2018, 12:45 PM
A clue as to the identity of the benefactors:-

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-hearts-benefactors-have-no-say-on-spend-but-have-one-condition-1-4845978

So, 2 things we know:-

1. they are allowed in the Directors' box.

2. at least one of them will be a tramp.

Should be easy to spot then. :cb

Bostonhibby
19-12-2018, 12:48 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-hearts-benefactors-have-no-say-on-spend-but-have-one-condition-1-4845978

Should be easy to spot then. :cbJeez, I never knew John McGlynn had that much money.

19-12-2018, 12:51 PM

I hope it is Tommy Robinson.

Oscar T Grouch
19-12-2018, 12:51 PM

So an Edinburgh schemie who won the Euro millions then :greengrin because you'd assume if they had amassed a good fortune they probably did it by not giving millions to a football club for no return apart from letting them wear a shellsuit in the directors box!!It is much easier to chuck a fortune away if you won it.

jacomo
19-12-2018, 12:55 PM

I find this story about ‘mysterious benefactors’ less believable the more times I hear it.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2018, 01:05 PM
I find this story about ‘mysterious benefactors’ less believable the more times I hear it.

Who would gift them £4m without wanting something for it?

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2018, 01:14 PM

To be fair, there's no evidence that any single person has given them that much. That is the total of all donations last season.

And, yeah, there are some people who have that kind of money to be philanthropic with. Were it me, I wouldn't be wanting publicity either.

Jack
19-12-2018, 01:16 PM

They'll be getting a decent pie at half time!

McSwanky
19-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Budge describes them as 'philanthropic.'

Just pause for a minute to review the dictionary definition of philanthropy (from dictionary.com):

"altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons, by endowment of institutions of learning and hospitals, and by generosity to other socially useful purposes."

So by that definition, we can only assume that Hearts, being neither an institution of learning or a hospital, must fall into the category of 'needy persons.'

Sounds about right.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Budge describes them as 'philanthropic.'

Just pause for a minute to review the dictionary definition of philanthropy (from dictionary.com):

"altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons, by endowment of institutions of learning and hospitals, and by generosity to other socially useful purposes."

So by that definition, we can only assume that Hearts, being neither an institution of learning or a hospital, must fall into the category of 'needy persons.'

Sounds about right.

Socially useful purposes.

Keeps the streets of Gorgie clean for a couple of hours at a time. :greengrin

truehibernian
19-12-2018, 01:37 PM
They'll be getting a decent pie at half time!

....and chips............don't forget the chips :greengrin:aok:

McSwanky
19-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Socially useful purposes.

Keeps the streets of Gorgie clean for a couple of hours at a time. :greengrin

Fair point, that. Fair point.

greenginger
19-12-2018, 03:09 PM
If the donors wanted anonimity , Budge has all but identified them. Casual dress wearers in the directors box and boardroom .

That's if its not a Budge squirrel to stop folk looking elsewhere.

If its true, it can only be a syndicate of Yams getting lucky on the lottery. If you had worked for the money you would think long and hard about bailing out the Board's incompetence .

Famous Fiver
19-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Livingston had a lottery winning 'investor' a few years back.

Biggest loser in their administration event, I think.

Ended up sleeping on the floor at his Mum's when the cash ran out, if I remember correctly.

G B Young
19-12-2018, 03:45 PM
In real terms, the cost of their one stand is fast approaching the overall cost of our whole stadium.

The project has now more than doubled in cost and it sounds as if the spending isn't done yet. In most cases a building project where costs spiralled out of control to that extent would see those responsible branded incompetent (Scottish Parliament and the trams spring to mind). Yet the Evening News continues to greet every extra couple of million added to the cost as good news!

BSEJVT
19-12-2018, 04:26 PM
That can't be right. I keep hearing how far ahead of us all this money is making them.

I don’t think you do

What you may read is that when they finally get their act together it should give them an advantage .

The numbers don’t lie.

But presumably you are advocating that we wait and see if it does or not ?

I can’t think of one single instance in the history of mankind where allowing a small problem to become a big one has worked out well

Can you?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2018, 04:40 PM
I don’t think you do

What you may read is that when they finally get their act together it should give them an advantage .

The numbers don’t lie.

But presumably you are advocating that we wait and see if it does or not ?

I can’t think of one single instance in the history of mankind where allowing a small problem to become a big one has worked out well

Can you?

Nope. I mostly have agreed with your views on why we need HSL then it's successor for those of us who don't want total ownership.

What I was actually having a lighthearted swipe at (maybe unsuccessfully! ) was the yam view of it all.

In my lifetime there's been many cash rich businesses gone west because of funds being used wastefully or negligently. It's not always what you've got, but what you do with it.

Joe6-2
19-12-2018, 05:15 PM
....and chips............don't forget the chips :greengrin:aok:

Forgot about the chips!!!

Keith_M
19-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Forgot about the chips!!!

FilipinoHibs
19-12-2018, 06:11 PM
To be fair, there's no evidence that any single person has given them that much. That is the total of all donations last season.

And, yeah, there are some people who have that kind of money to be philanthropic with. Were it me, I wouldn't be wanting publicity either.

Yes a whole team of shell suited lucky millionaires. Must be what the Baillie Gifford partners spend their bonuses on. The story gets more ridiculous with every passing day. The truth will come out eventually. Hope I am alive when it does. Will leave a permanent smile on my face.

cocteautwin
20-12-2018, 12:54 AM
If the donors wanted anonimity , Budge has all but identified them. Casual dress wearers in the directors box and boardroom .

That's if its not a Budge squirrel to stop folk looking elsewhere.

If its true, it can only be a syndicate of Yams getting lucky on the lottery. If you had worked for the money you would think long and hard about bailing out the Board's incompetence .

Some might say incompetence but one should note that the Hearts' board have done a pretty spectacular job of extracting over £10m from anonymous donor/donors to waste on their fruitless project. Imagine sitting down in front of the telly last Friday at 7:30pm and saying to yourself "OK, let's see what my £10m has got me . . . . . . . ".

JoJo_07
12-03-2019, 05:50 PM
BBC Sportsound have announced they can't broadcast the Cup game live from Tynecastle tonight because the press area is getting too wet and their H&S team have deemed it unsafe for their electrical equipment.

Albanian Hibs
12-03-2019, 05:56 PM
BBC Sportsound have announced they can't broadcast the Cup game live from Tynecastle tonight because the press area is getting too wet and their H&S team have deemed it unsafe for their electrical equipment.

🤣 what a shambles

WoreTheGreen
12-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Is this a wind up I really hope not . Money well spent

12-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Revoke their safety certificate.

Saturday Boy
12-03-2019, 06:04 PM

I was speaking to one of the SFA delegates recently. He moaned about having to work at Tynecastle because he spent most of the time listening to complaining journalists. Not only do they get wet, but need the flexibility of a teenage gymnast to plug their kit into the power sockets.

I’m sure it’s gonna be great when it’s finished 😄

Keith_M
12-03-2019, 06:04 PM

At least our empty seats are just missing Supporters!

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2019, 06:07 PM
how much for this super modern stand :faf: hertz will always be the gift that just keeps on giving, 'kin laughing stock

WoreTheGreen
12-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Pity a shock to wee chick and preston and all the other old firm mouthpieces would have been karma

Sammy7nil
12-03-2019, 06:08 PM
I was speaking to one of the SFA delegates recently. He moaned about having to work at Tynecastle because he spent most of the time listening to complaining journalists. Not only do they get wet, but need the flexibility of a teenage gymnast to plug their kit into the power sockets.

I’m sure it’s gonna be great when it’s finished 😄

They also said that getting in to the seat was very difficult older unfit guys lying on the floor trying to get in his seat. :greengrin

Jones28
12-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Haha what a shambles 😂

Bostonhibby
12-03-2019, 07:24 PM
BBC Sportsound have announced they can't broadcast the Cup game live from Tynecastle tonight because the press area is getting too wet and their H&S team have deemed it unsafe for their electrical equipment.Yet another example of how far ahead of us I keep hearing they are. Guess this is what all those extra millions get if everyone thinks it's all good.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
12-03-2019, 08:18 PM

Aye but it’s got an escalator and and and and......

PatHead
12-03-2019, 08:22 PM

Lots of windows.

Joe6-2
12-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Lots of windows.

Glass curtain! How many times!!

Bostonhibby
12-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCouldn't all the wee pet journos at the beeb just all huddle up underneath the escalator when it's raining?

Aldo
12-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Couldn't all the wee pet journos at the beeb just all huddle up underneath the escalator when it's raining?

They could!

Moulin Yarns
12-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Revoke their safety certificate.

What safety certificate? 🤔

Bostonhibby
12-03-2019, 09:13 PM
What safety certificate? [emoji848]Give them a safety certificate so it can be revoked

mca
12-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Chips... never tried them yet but they sell chips... :wink:

Deansy
12-03-2019, 09:34 PM

Couldn't they broadcast it from Edinburgh Castle seeing as Hertz have such a beautiful view of the castle from their stand ........................

JohnMcM
12-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Chips... never tried them yet but they sell chips... :wink:

Good Grief!

When will you learn, if ever at all?

They do not have chips. They done upon pomme de terre a la cuisine deep fried.

:flag:

fiolex1
12-03-2019, 10:39 PM
Should’ve set up in the toilets as they cost about £1 million, shambles of a club

Greenfly
12-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Could we not do the neighbourly thing and lend them all these yellow Kagoul things we had when the Dunbar end was benched?

Since452
13-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Did the whole crowd go in the mega stand last night? Heard only 10k bothered to turn up?

dchibs
13-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Did the whole crowd go in the mega stand last night? Heard only 10k bothered to turn up?

10k that's less than half of there capacity.

jacomo
13-03-2019, 07:34 AM
10k that's less than half of there capacity.

And just 2.5% of their global fan base.

Famous Fiver
13-03-2019, 07:45 AM
But the pitch was great!!!

That was all I heard from that tube Preston when I switched on last night about 9.45.

You couldn't make it up.

dchibs
13-03-2019, 08:07 AM
But the pitch was great!!!

That was all I heard from that tube Preston when I switched on last night about 9.45.

You couldn't make it up.

And did he not mention the greatest atmosphere ever.

hibbyfraelibby
13-03-2019, 08:45 AM
Lots of windows.

...and a surfiet of window lickers

Sean1875
13-03-2019, 08:57 AM
When did they start constructing that **** heap of a stand? 2 years ago? Aand its still not finised? :faf:

PatHead
13-03-2019, 10:31 AM
When did they start constructing that **** heap of a stand? 2 years ago? Aand its still not finised? :faf:

18th November 2016. 845 days ago.

Crazyhorse
13-03-2019, 11:17 AM
18th November 2016. 845 days ago.

Which will be finally sorted first, yams one tier s hitshow stand or Brexs hit?

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Big team right enough.

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2019, 09:33 PM

It was only a cup 1/4 final. Mind they won the league back in September.

Carheenlea
14-03-2019, 08:50 AM
I’m baffled as to how the press facilities sited where they are, got past the planning stage. In a modern world of stringent health and safety practices, to have sockets and electrical equipment open to the elements if the wind blows a certain way is laughably incompetent, and while it doesn’t say much for the planning department in passing the drawings, I’d not be employing the services of the architect who thought this was a great site within the stand for media facilities any time soon.

Kato
14-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Is there anything in the news about this at all? Can't see anything.

Aldo
14-03-2019, 09:01 AM
I’m baffled as to how the press facilities sited where they are, got past the planning stage. In a modern world of stringent health and safety practices, to have sockets and electrical equipment open to the elements if the wind blows a certain way is laughably incompetent, and while it doesn’t say much for the planning department in passing the drawings, I’d not be employing the services of the architect who thought this was a great site within the stand for media facilities any time soon.

I think they knew exactly what they were doing and stuck the media section there to cram as many seats in as possible further back!

Such a big song and dance over a bloody single tiered stand which still isn’t finished.

Spurs have just about completed a 66,000 stadium in the time they have taken to get this far.

Steven79
14-03-2019, 09:07 AM
I think they knew exactly what they were doing and stuck the media section there to cram as many seats in as possible further back!

Such a big song and dance over a bloody single tiered stand which still isn’t finished.

Spurs have just about completed a 66,000 stadium in the time they have taken to get this far.

That's pretty much what I was going to say, it was all about selling the seats further back to make money in the "prime section" while giving the media crap seats near the front.

Our West Stand craps all over their one tier effort.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2019, 01:43 PM

No. The reporters' notebooks were soaked and illegible.

Moulin Yarns
14-03-2019, 02:34 PM
No. The reporters' notebooks were soaked and illegible.

And the laptops are in a bowl of basmati :wink:

Keith_M
14-03-2019, 06:26 PM
That's pretty much what I was going to say, it was all about selling the seats further back to make money in the "prime section" while giving the media crap seats near the front.

Our West Stand craps all over their one tier effort.

Taking inflation into account, our Two Tier West Stand, with a proper Press area and Executive Seats with their own entrance and exits, cost roughly 10m.

Their single tier stand, with Press and Director's Boxes as an afterthought, isn't even finished yet and has already cost more than double that.

PatHead
14-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Taking inflation into account, our Two Tier West Stand, with a proper Press area and Executive Seats with their own entrance and exits, cost roughly 10m.

Their single tier stand, with Press and Director's Boxes as an afterthought, isn't even finished yet and has already cost more than double that.

Proves that they are a big club. I

Jack Hackett
14-03-2019, 07:47 PM
The updates from the club seem to have dried up... you know, those ones that keep the faithful updated on when the re-scheduled completion will be re-scheduled so it will finish on schedule :dunno:

tamig
14-03-2019, 07:49 PM

They managed to broadcast it eventually. The engineer managed to rig some kit up at the very back of the stand and Preston, Richard Gordon and co were all singing his praises. The written press weren’t so lucky as their area was soaked and some of them wouldn’t use their laptops for safety fears. It really is pathetic but a real danger too - as others have mentioned.

Seveno
15-03-2019, 11:39 AM
The updates from the club seem to have dried up... you know, those ones that keep the faithful updated on when the re-scheduled completion will be re-scheduled so it will finish on schedule :dunno:

They must be delighted that something has dried up.:greengrin

Criswell
15-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Maybe it's not the 8th wonder of the world after all. It's just a basic one-tiered badly designed botch-up. A salutary lesson in "how not to build a stand"

green day
16-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Maybe it's not the 8th wonder of the world after all. It's just a basic one-tiered badly designed botch-up. A salutary lesson in "how not to build a stand"

You are right, and there are other "basics" that Hearts didnt take into account.

The weather in Edinburgh generally arrives from the west. This means that our main stand takes a battering from wind / rain at the back, but anyone in it is usually well sheltered - especially if they are in the upper tier.

Tynecastle faces the opposite way - their main stand faces toward the west.

Its not like this is news though..............even someone with no building experience should have known that wind and rain would hit the lower part of the stand, and to place journalists and all the associated electrical outlets etc in that area was laughable.

They can change it to put the journos upstairs - but not for at least another season as they have just launched STs and it wont be cheap - Jambos, the gift that keeps giving:aok:

Green_one
16-03-2019, 07:14 AM
You are right, and there are other "basics" that Hearts didnt take into account.

The weather in Edinburgh generally arrives from the west. This means that our main stand takes a battering from wind / rain at the back, but anyone in it is usually well sheltered - especially if they are in the upper tier.

ok:

Plus the sun will be in their faces. I know this sitting in the East at ER.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Plus the sun will be in their faces. I know this sitting in the East at ER.

With money no object, I think Budge will look at ways to move the sun.

lapsedhibee
16-03-2019, 08:21 AM
With money no object, I think Budge will look at ways to move the sun.

:agree: Pop it behind the Castle.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2019, 08:21 AM
With money no object, I think Budge will look at ways to move the sun.[emoji23]

Or just call it the Sun View stand?

Moulin Yarns
16-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Tynecastle was an answer on a quiz show on the telly yesterday....

Pointless :greengrin

Hibby70
16-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Tynecastle was an answer on a quiz show on the telly yesterday....

Pointless :greengrin

Give it a few years and it will be making an appearance on scrapheap challenge.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2019, 09:52 AM

Cicetero doesn’t do formal?

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2019, 10:40 AM

Its not like this is news though..............even someone with no building experience should have known that wind and rain would hit the lower part of the stand, and to place journalists and all the associated electrical outlets etc in that area was laughable.

They can change it to put the journos upstairs - but not for at least another season as they have just launched STs and it wont be cheap - Jambos, the gift that keeps giving:aok:

Biggest design flaw is that it was built facing the pitch.

greenginger
27-03-2019, 04:23 PM
I see the opening concert of this year's International Festival is to be held in the Budge-dome.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/mar/27/edinburgh-festival-sets-contemporary-tone-amid-darker-political-themes

Do you think it will be finished in time ? :greengrin

Fuzzywuzzy
27-03-2019, 04:50 PM
I see the opening concert of this year's International Festival is to be held in the Budge-dome.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/mar/27/edinburgh-festival-sets-contemporary-tone-amid-darker-political-themes

Do you think it will be finished in time ? :greengrin

A couple of rogue octaves bringing the whole place down

The 90+2
27-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Good publicity for them for the festival.

Famous Fiver
27-03-2019, 05:36 PM
No doubt followed by Stand Up comedy every day thereafter.

southsider
27-03-2019, 05:53 PM
No doubt followed by Stand Up comedy every day thereafter.

Despite ER being far superior it has never once was picked but they allow a half finished, building that pisses water when it rains and no completion certificate to be centre piece. Corrupt or what ?