PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52

G B Young
03-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Its only been a week, but worth reposting this picture of the quality conference facilities £15 mil buys :greengrin20696

Is that for real?!

Bostonhibby
03-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Is that for real?!If you've got £15m and rising you too can have this sort of thing.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
03-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Is that for real?!

Sadly it is true.

Hearts have just redefined the boardroom style away day experience, and the world of corporate events is in awe.

We can only dream of magnolia walls and obstructive pillars.

Peevemor
03-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Sadly it is true.

Hearts have just redefined the boardroom style away day experience, and the world of corporate events is in awe.

We can only dream of magnolia walls and obstructive pillars.

Just as well they used lightweight metal decking for the stand to reduce the amount of supporting structure required - can you imagine if they'd gone for concrete?

Springbank
03-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Well, I for one am already looking forward to queueing, in the Blade Runner Dystopian No-mans-land of McLeod Street, for at least 25 minutes, when I arrive at the new state of the art Tynecastle Park on Wednesday and try to gain access to a seat in a stand that I have a ticket for...

This is 21st Century Gorgie folks...

Bostonhibby
03-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Just as well they used lightweight metal decking for the stand to reduce the amount of supporting structure required - can you imagine if they'd gone for concrete?They'll have a weighbridge installed at the top of the escalator so absolutely no overweight people in the corporate area. They're miles ahead with their design and planning again.

GreenCastle
03-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Its only been a week, but worth reposting this picture of the quality conference facilities £15 mil buys :greengrin20696

Oh dear...

They really are useless and the pillars would be ideal for all types of meetings..

Deansy
03-05-2018, 04:30 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5098

There will be no restricted views on sale in the new stand and no pillars.

Are there any plans for electronic scoreboards or big screens?

Yes, the club are currently looking at the options for two screens.

Are there any plans to fill in the corners of the stands?

No. This is not viable given the structure of the existing stands.

What will the capacity be after the completion of the new stand?

Capacity will rise to over 20,000 seats

Lets see....

Restricted views? Check!

No screens? Check!

Capacity under 20,000? Check!

:greengrin

Were their 'over 20,000 seats' whopper anywhere near the truth then the Jambos would be shouting it from the roof-tops (tho I wouldn't recommend doing that on their new-stand roof !!) in much the same way that we've been shouting it from the roof-tops about ER being bigger than 'Tiny-Tyney' !. The fact there's not been one solitary thread or post on 'Throw-back' regarding their capacity just confirms it - even 'All-is' hasn't dared to 'Stick his head over the parapet' on this particular issue !. For years the Muppets have been obsessed with 'Size' yet now the 'wee team' has the 'Biger stadium' and their silence is deafening ........................ as well as 'Pleasing' !

green day
03-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Well, I for one am already looking forward to queueing, in the Blade Runner Dystopian No-mans-land of McLeod Street, for at least 25 minutes, when I arrive at the new state of the art Tynecastle Park on Wednesday and try to gain access to a seat in a stand that I have a ticket for...

This is 21st Century Gorgie folks...

Last league game it was exactly like that. Temporary floodlights, police kettling us together in a staging area before pushing into the tiny turnstile area.

Crap stadium, poorly planned access for away fans, andey have the cheek to charge £30 for the pleasure.

Famous Fiver
03-05-2018, 04:44 PM
It has gone quiet over there about alterations to their old stand.

Wonder why?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-05-2018, 07:35 PM

Is that real? ��

The ideal venue for the meeting attendee who wants a crafty wee post-lunch nap without his boss at the other side of the table noticing

Crazyhorse
03-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Were their 'over 20,000 seats' whopper anywhere near the truth then the Jambos would be shouting it from the roof-tops (tho I wouldn't recommend doing that on their new-stand roof !!) in much the same way that we've been shouting it from the roof-tops about ER being bigger than 'Tiny-Tyney' !. The fact there's not been one solitary thread or post on 'Throw-back' regarding their capacity just confirms it - even 'All-is' hasn't dared to 'Stick his head over the parapet' on this particular issue !. For years the Muppets have been obsessed with 'Size' yet now the 'wee team' has the 'Biger stadium' and their silence is deafening ........................ as well as 'Pleasing' !

What's the capacity?
20,000 says Budge
Why lie? It's weird. She knows it's a lie. All the yams know it's a lie. If Leanne or Petrie went around insisting ER had a capacity of over 20,000 but we all knew it was just over 19,000 would no one comment on this?
It's all a bit Trump-esque over at Tinystadiumland.

CapitalGreen
03-05-2018, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Scott Wilson will read the attendance out at the next derby. He bottled it at the last 2.

Greenfly
03-05-2018, 09:49 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5098

There will be no restricted views on sale in the new stand and no pillars.

Are there any plans for electronic scoreboards or big screens?

Yes, the club are currently looking at the options for two screens.

Are there any plans to fill in the corners of the stands?

No. This is not viable given the structure of the existing stands.

What will the capacity be after the completion of the new stand?

Capacity will rise to over 20,000 seats

Lets see....

Restricted views? Check!

No screens? Check!

Capacity under 20,000? Check!

... and ... "We do not anticipate having to move any domestic fixtures away from Tynecastle." - makes Donald Trump look honest and competent.

Kato
04-05-2018, 08:14 AM
It's weird.

They're weird. Not just slinging that around as a mere insult, they are. The symptoms are shown all over this "project".

WhileTheChief..
05-05-2018, 08:37 AM
They’re opening a new fans bar in the main stand tomorrow after the Celtic game.

I think we tried opening up BTG after games for a while but the demand just wasn’t there?

They say it will stay open until 7pm. If you had just seen your team get pumped off Celtic would you hang around ER for a few hours in the bar?

I don’t think this will be the money spinner they’re expecting.

RoYO!
05-05-2018, 08:44 AM
They’re opening a new fans bar in the main stand tomorrow after the Celtic game.

I think we tried opening up BTG after games for a while but the demand just wasn’t there?

They say it will stay open until 7pm. If you had just seen your team get pumped off Celtic would you hang around ER for a few hours in the bar?

Yep it's a shame when money spinners don't work out the way you'd planned...

adhibs
05-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Their complete awe at the greatest one tier football stand ever built will probably see it busy regardless.

southsider
05-05-2018, 09:14 AM

That game will be finished around 2pm. Fans going to stay for 5 hours ? I think not. Who dreams up this mince ?

hibbyfraelibby
05-05-2018, 10:51 AM
That game will be finished around 2pm. Fans going to stay for 5 hours ? I think not. Who dreams up this mince ?

...and their support will be home before one o'clock.

O'Rourke3
05-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Their complete awe at the greatest one tier football stand ever built will probably see it busy regardless.

More like they've designed it like airports, can't get to departure lounge without walking through the perfume sellers. There'll be such a queue to get out a few will shrug and buy pint of warm tartan special served in a lego glass shaped like a bus. For £70 more you keep the glass.....

greenginger
05-05-2018, 11:08 AM

That'll be the new supporters bar where the building warrant is still " pending consideration ". ie no building warrant to construct the place , never mind a completion certificate.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/searchResultsBack.do?action=back

Still no probs at Tiny as the officials are told to look the other way.

Greentinted
05-05-2018, 12:31 PM
I live fairly close to Tynecastle and whenever I pass by the new big pink tram-stop, it really does look, well, a wee bit crap (and that’s not the rivalry talking)
I know little about the nuances of the construction industry but it always seems to be ‘a work in progress’ with portacabins, Herras fencing and the odd bloke in a hard-hat wandering around aimlessly (muttering something about ‘natural orders’...probably)
On and off the park it all just seems to have this ‘make it up as you go along’ feel, and what with them being a ‘big team’ you’d expect a wee bit better.
I daresay they’ll make a few bob selling pints of piss poor lager the morra purely out of curiosity but it’ll have to go a bit to compete with the amiable surroundings and bright lights of Stratfords wine and spirits emporium.

jacomo
21-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Craig Levein says paying for new stand will impact his budget for 18/19

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-paying-for-stand-will-impact-on-my-2018-19-budget-1-4742202

Also, have Hearts explained why their dug out area is off centre? I know ours is, but that was an unavoidable consequence of only being able to reset the pitch after we had built the main stand.

An unavoidable quirk, in other words.

Their stand just looks sh*t. Their dig out area isn’t centred on the half way line nor is it plumb centre in the stand itself.

Kato
21-05-2018, 12:26 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-paying-for-stand-will-impact-on-my-2018-19-budget-1-4742202

Also, have Hearts explained why their dug out area is off centre? I know ours is, but that was an unavoidable consequence of only being able to reset the pitch after we had built the main stand.

Their stand just looks sh*t. Their dig out area isn’t centred on the half way line nor is it plumb centre in the stand itself.

One year and £1.5M left to finish it. You can guarantee that those figures are lies.

Keith_M
21-05-2018, 12:51 PM

That's actually more common than you might think. Stands are often built with whopping great support pillars right in the centre, so they need to have the tunnel to the side of them.

RyeSloan
21-05-2018, 01:50 PM
One year and £1.5M left to finish it. You can guarantee that those figures are lies.

As is the myth of a greatly improved revenue because of it...have they not decided to leave their hospitality where it is?

Just how will this stand deliver such huge revenue boosts?

theonlywayisup
21-05-2018, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Scott Wilson will read the attendance out at the next derby. He bottled it at the last 2.

Pretty sure he announced it at 19,300 - it looked pretty full to me. Didn't see many spare seats.

So is 19,300 their capacity - thought it was about 20,000

jacomo
21-05-2018, 10:45 PM
As is the myth of a greatly improved revenue because of it...have they not decided to leave their hospitality where it is?

Just how will this stand deliver such huge revenue boosts?

World class conference facilities. The board room set up is second to none.

21-05-2018, 10:59 PM

Good to see Levein buying himself more time by getting his excuses in nice and early for next season. Most of them will fall for it.

I wonder what the players he's just signed make of a statement like that. He's effectively saying "We would normally have brought in better players but you're all we can afford right now."

Ozyhibby
22-05-2018, 05:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/5634e3050a2efdfcb5baed7c9a01d6af.jpg
Their new pitch getting installed. Actually sounds like a decent surface getting installed so should make trips there a bit easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
22-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Pretty sure he announced it at 19,300 - it looked pretty full to me. Didn't see many spare seats.

So is 19,300 their capacity - thought it was about 20,000

There were loads of empty seats in all 3 of the stands.

Skol
22-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I just read the following from Thomaso:

The bottom line - £15m is a snip for a new stand that incorporates dressing rooms, media centre, numerous hospitality suites, a rooftop facility, Club shop, Fans bar, a nursery, large plaza..........and of course that impressive glass façade. :thumbsup:

But wait:

Dressing Rooms - not in use yet and presumably still to be kitted out
Media centre - so thats the desks at the front where expensive laptops get ruined when it rains - or is that the yet to be built TV studio ?
Hospitality Suites - but they have decided not to use them any more and live with the existing ones and see if they can now hawk them out as conf facilities
Rooftop facility - except its not on the roof and has a view of the historic tynecastle high
Club Shop - is that in existence yet or still in wheatfield ?
Fans Bar - give them that
Nursery - does it exist yet ?
Large Plaza = the benefit this brings is unclear
Impressive Glass facade - ya beauty

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 06:31 PM
I just read the following from Thomaso:

The bottom line - £15m is a snip for a new stand that incorporates dressing rooms, media centre, numerous hospitality suites, a rooftop facility, Club shop, Fans bar, a nursery, large plaza..........and of course that impressive glass façade. [emoji106]

But wait:

Dressing Rooms - not in use yet and presumably still to be kitted out
Media centre - so thats the desks at the front where expensive laptops get ruined when it rains - or is that the yet to be built TV studio ?
Hospitality Suites - but they have decided not to use them any more and live with the existing ones and see if they can now hawk them out as conf facilities
Rooftop facility - except its not on the roof and has a view of the historic tynecastle high
Club Shop - is that in existence yet or still in wheatfield ?
Fans Bar - give them that
Nursery - does it exist yet ?
Large Plaza = the benefit this brings is unclear
Impressive Glass facade - ya beautyTomato has been done to death in the preceding months so all I have left is to ask if he's comfortable with the £15m and rising figure. Especially as he was the go to expert on all the previous figures☺

They just move from swallowing and paying for whatever they are told, plus inflation busting interest.

It's a contractors dream.

Jones28
22-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Tomato has been done to death in the preceding months so all I have left is to ask if he's comfortable with the £15m and rising figure. Especially as he was the go to expert on all the previous figures☺

They just move from swallowing and paying for whatever they are told, plus inflation busting interest.

It's a contractors dream.

It's being run by the kind of people that get trades in on an hourly rate :aok:

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 07:04 PM
It's being run by the kind of people that get trades in on an hourly rate :aok:There's bound to be a hibby making money as well.

Which is pleasing.

There's the going rate, and there's the rate you can get away with charging the givers.

Velma Dinkley
22-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Have they started fixing the rust yet?

O'Rourke3
22-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Have they started fixing the rust yet?

Rust? That's authentic Archibald Leach aging. They couldn't consider Tynie without some issue that gives the site character.....

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Have they started fixing the rust yet?Big teams don't do rust. They have atmospheric metal.

One day they hope to get their premium seat fans who sit near it to take advantage of the opportunity to fund it's preservation.

You and I call it painting on the hammerite

green day
22-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Has anyone else seen this **** Spiers fawning over FoH on Twitter again? I swear he's ****ging auld budge.
****in Hun prick

Gmack7
22-05-2018, 08:16 PM
There's bound to be a hibby making money as well.

Which is pleasing.

There's the going rate, and there's the rate you can get away with charging the givers.

There is.the good doctors brother is heavily involved in the interior fit put

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 08:17 PM
There is.the good doctors brother is heavily involved in the interior fit putIndeed, and a few others.

Keith_M
22-05-2018, 08:46 PM
#alliisbarry says FoH have paid over the final installment of the three million they're paying towards the new stand.

He pointed out that Budge has put any interest on hold while they were paying for it, meaning that she effectively paid 300k toward it in the process.

I don't think I'll ever understand his logic.

Kato
22-05-2018, 09:03 PM
#alliisbarry says FoH have paid over the final installment of the three million they're paying towards the new stand.

He pointed out that Budge has put any interest on hold while they were paying for it, meaning that she effectively paid 300k toward it in the process.

His logic states that #alliisbarry therefore no jambo has to worry their pretty, pitted little heads about it because #alliisbarry.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2018, 09:03 PM

I don't think I'll ever understand his logic.The price of the partially built stand keeps rising, the good doctor keeps telling them this, they respond by handing over even more share money, the money gets handed over to the contractors, and so on?

green day
22-05-2018, 09:54 PM
"Budge was speaking as Hearts confirmed the receipt of £3 million from FoH which had been redirected towards the redevelopment of Tynecastle, which will now come it at around £15 million and is set to be completed by next summer"

So, +£15m, includes £3m from the chumps and won't be finished til NEXT SUMMER!!!

Full article here - http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/05/22/hearts-owner-ann-budge-reflects-on-toughest-season-at-tynecastle-but-is-open-to-staying-at-club-beyond-2020/?platform=hootsuite

RyeSloan
22-05-2018, 10:42 PM

I think this line comes from Budge herself...sure it was in one of her ramblings at the start and was her ‘contribution’

O'Rourke3
22-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Most interesting stat.. Yesterday Craig says about £1.5M today Anne says £2M.

Not receiving 300000 in interest is replayed as contributing 300000 which doesn't seem like the same at all. #isitjustme

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 06:59 AM
Most interesting stat.. Yesterday Craig says about £1.5M today Anne says £2M.

Not receiving 300000 in interest is replayed as contributing 300000 which doesn't seem like the same at all. #isitjustme

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkI see the logic.

The club hasn't been paying interest to her, therefore that money can be put towards the new stand.

I'm not sure about the arithmetic, though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
23-05-2018, 07:22 AM
I see the logic.

The club hasn't been paying interest to her, therefore that money can be put towards the new stand.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkThe claim is she has put in the money. If she had they have raised 3,30000. She's facilitated more money quicker but not contributed directly...

Iain G
23-05-2018, 07:25 AM
So Spurs will have demolished, moved, rebuilt, fitted out and opened their entire new stadium prior to this tin pot, cheap and nasty stand being complete! In construction terms this project is a complete disaster but nobody is questioning it!! :greengrin:confused:

GloryGlory
23-05-2018, 07:29 AM
The claim is she has put in the money. If she had they have raised 3,30000. She's facilitated more money quicker but not contributed directly...

I wonder if she has added it on to the sum she wants for her shares? :greengrin

GreenCastle
23-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Reading that they will continue to use the Wheatfield tunnel and changing rooms for all of next season.

Surely they could have sorted that in the new main stand ?

It’s hilarious how long this over priced dodgy made stand is taking to complete.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 07:53 AM
The claim is she has put in the money. If she had they have raised 3,30000. She's facilitated more money quicker but not contributed directly...

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkHad she taken the interest, and then repaid it directly towards the stand, the effect would have been the same.

Directly or indirectly, she has contributed. And she hasn't been slow in telling people, which is perhaps the point.

O'Rourke3
23-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Had she taken the interest, and then repaid it directly towards the stand, the effect would have been the same.

That's the issue really. We have nothing to say she would have so claiming she did. To be fair I'm not sure she is the one claiming it, #allisbarry is doing the usual Haw Haw and using all 12 fingers to get the sums wrong [emoji23]

Geo_1875
23-05-2018, 10:59 AM
"Budge was speaking as Hearts confirmed the receipt of £3 million from FoH which had been redirected towards the redevelopment of Tynecastle, which will now come it at around £15 million and is set to be completed by next summer"

So, +£15m, includes £3m from the chumps and won't be finished til NEXT SUMMER!!!

Full article here - http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/05/22/hearts-owner-ann-budge-reflects-on-toughest-season-at-tynecastle-but-is-open-to-staying-at-club-beyond-2020/?platform=hootsuite

Haven't read the article but the string says she's open to staying on.

Of course she'll stay until the last penny has been squeezed from the fans.

Have FoH got any shares in return for their "contributions"?

G B Young
23-05-2018, 11:58 AM
The £15 million final figure was based, as far as I can see, on the stand being finished THIS summer. Here's what was said at last year's AGM:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agm-final-cost-of-main-stand-to-reach-15-million-1-4643058

Hard to imagine that cost will remain the same when you factor in a further year's delay. As others have said, it's mind-boggling how few in the media have seen fit to question quite why completing ONE stand can take significantly longer than some clubs take to construct an entire stadium.

Jack Hackett
23-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Haven't read the article but the string says she's open to staying on.

Of course she'll stay until the last penny has been squeezed from the fans.

Have FoH got any shares in return for their "contributions"?

They have a large share of the escalating cost of the rust elephant.

FilipinoHibs
23-05-2018, 12:09 PM
That's the issue really. We have nothing to say she would have so claiming she did. To be fair I'm not sure she is the one claiming it, #allisbarry is doing the usual Haw Haw and using all 12 fingers to get the sums wrong [emoji23]

Crops is saying could have taken the interest and paid it to stand fund or not taken interest and had an extra 300k to the stand. Both equate to her pumping 300k of her own money into the shed. But where did that round £4.5 mill come from?

RyeSloan
23-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Had she taken the interest, and then repaid it directly towards the stand, the effect would have been the same.

Directly or indirectly, she has contributed. And she hasn't been slow in telling people, which is perhaps the point.

I’m still curious about this interest. Is it clear if she has written it off or simply deferred payment?

And if it’s deferred is she planning on charging interest on the rolled up amount?

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 01:16 PM
I’m still curious about this interest. Is it clear if she has written it off or simply deferred payment?

And if it’s deferred is she planning on charging interest on the rolled up amount?

The account say that it's an "interest holiday" from 1 July 2016 to 31 May 2018.

I read that as no interest being due for that period. Had it been deferred, the auditors would have insisted on its being accrued in the accounts.

I now see where AIB gets his £300k from. 23 months at 6.5% on £2.4m is £299k. I'll bet he had help with that, though. :wink:

Keith_M
23-05-2018, 01:20 PM
I see the logic.

No way Pedro.

Temporarily waving the excessive interest payment is definitely NOT the same as putting 300k towards the new stand.

The only reason they've stopped paying money for the purchase is because Budge asked them for an extra 3 million, to be paid towards the Stand. She was the one that enacted the delay in the repayments, not FoH, so it's only right that she's not charging them interest.

lord bunberry
23-05-2018, 01:22 PM

That’s what I was thinking. If it’s deffered then it will still have to be paid, so she isn’t putting any of her own money in.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2018, 01:24 PM
No way Pedro.

Temporarily waving the excessive interest payment is definitely NOT the same as putting 300k towards the new stand.

The only reason they've stopped paying money for the purchase is because Budge asked them for an extra 3 million, to be paid towards the Stand. She was the one that enacted the delay in the repayments, not FoH, so it's only right that she's not charging them interest.She does what she wants, she does what she wants, just the one shareholder, doctor Budge does what she wants.

Romanov lite.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2018, 01:24 PM
No way Pedro.

The only reason they've stopped paying money for the purchase is because Budge asked them for an extra 3 million, to be paid towards the Stand. She was the one that enacted the delay in the repayments, not FoH, so it's only right that she's not charging them interest.

Point of order:
You can't wave interest payments. You can wave wads of notes (as Harry Enfield used to do in the eighties). In this case, The Queen has done neither. :wink: :nerd:

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 01:47 PM
No way Pedro.

She isn't charging FOH interest, though, it's the club that she's charging.

In the short-term, the club are £300k better off through not paying that. She is £300k worse off. Hence the logic that, through not charging them, the club don't need to find that £300k for the stand.

In the longer-term, there will be no difference to either party, as the loan period has been extended. FOH are out £3m, but they will keep on giving until the cash cow has died.

greenginger
23-05-2018, 02:54 PM
She isn't charging FOH interest, though, it's the club that she's charging.

In the short-term, the club are £300k better off through not paying that. She is £300k worse off. Hence the logic that, through not charging them, the club don't need to find that £300k for the stand.

In the longer-term, there will be no difference to either party, as the loan period has been extended. FOH are out £3m, but they will keep on giving until the cash cow has died.

Budge put her £ 2.5 million into her company Bidco1874 and the company bought HOMFC . She did not lend the club money she bought an asset. Should her payments not be considered income with the relavent NI charge, at least paid by the company given Budge is past retiral age ?

lapsedhibee
23-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Budge put her £ 2.5 million into her company Bidco1874 and the company bought HOMFC . She did not lend the club money she bought an asset. Should her payments not be considered income with the relavent NI charge, at least paid by the company given Budge is past retiral age ?

If UEFA see it that way, will Hearts be out of Europe next season? :dunno:

RyeSloan
23-05-2018, 03:48 PM
The account say that it's an "interest holiday" from 1 July 2016 to 31 May 2018.

I read that as no interest being due for that period. Had it been deferred, the auditors would have insisted on its being accrued in the accounts.

I now see where AIB gets his £300k from. 23 months at 6.5% on £2.4m is £299k. I'll bet he had help with that, though. :wink:

Cheers Crops that makes sense, esp. if the loan period has been extended accordingly.

But May 2018 is now upon us and although the stand is STILL nowhere near finished the holiday surely is..nicely timed with FOH paying over the last of their dough.

So unless otherwise informed we can assume that as of next week Budge will be looking to get her 6.5% back up and running...which I think would be about 13k a month, not fortunes but a nice little drag on their budget none the less.

I’m now though confused as to how her money is to be repaid. Is the plan for FOH to build back up their piggy bank and to repay the loan and get shares in the club in return? If so do we know what percentage of the club they are expecting to get for their £2.4m (which is really £5.4m after their stand ‘donation’)

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 03:54 PM

There's a loan from Bidco in the accounts.

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Cheers Crops that makes sense, esp. if the loan period has been extended accordingly.

But May 2018 is now upon us and although the stand is STILL nowhere near finished the holiday surely is..nicely timed with FOH paying over the last of their dough.

So unless otherwise informed we can assume that as of next week Budge will be looking to get her 6.5% back up and running...which I think would be about 13k a month, not fortunes but a nice little drag on their budget none the less.

I’m now though confused as to how her money is to be repaid. Is the plan for FOH to build back up their piggy bank and to repay the loan and get shares in the club in return? If so do we know what percentage of the club they are expecting to get for their £2.4m (which is really £5.4m after their stand ‘donation’)The FOH repayments will continue. Once the loan has been repaid, AN will probably bow out.

As far as the shares are concerned, I think part of the deal for the stand was that voting rights of x% ...can't remember how much...would be transferred to FOH. That may have already been done.

Ownership of the shares passes to FOH when the loan has been repaid.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2018, 04:39 PM
If UEFA see it that way, will Hearts be out of Europe next season? :dunno:

Think the league table will take care of that next season as well.[emoji3]

RyeSloan
23-05-2018, 04:45 PM
The FOH repayments will continue. Once the loan has been repaid, AN will probably bow out.

As far as the shares are concerned, I think part of the deal for the stand was that voting rights of x% ...can't remember how much...would be transferred to FOH. That may have already been done.

Ownership of the shares passes to FOH when the loan has been repaid.

Ahh OK so FOH’s will now start to pay down the loan on behalf of the club and once complete they get the whole shooting match?

CropleyWasGod
23-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Ahh OK so FOH’s will now start to pay down the loan on behalf of the club and once complete they get the whole shooting match?Yup.

Don't forget that they have already contributed £2.8m (maybe more...Ozy?...) to working capital. That makes the shares pretty expensive [emoji16]

Alan62
23-05-2018, 05:03 PM
The thought of 100% ownership of Hearts by 10,000 or so FOH punters who have sacrificed the bairns' holidays to save their club is an exciting one. The combination of their sense of entitlement and the reality of trying to elect a successful board of directors could get messy. I'm not dismissing fan ownership as a model but it's extremely tricky to manage the punters' expectations and run a financially viable football club.

As ever, pass the popcorn.

Eyrie
23-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Very generous of Budge to stop taking 6.2% interest from Save Hearts In Trouble for a couple of years.

Just think of how much better off Hearts would have been if she'd charged a normal rate of interest, or even didn't charge any interest like Farmer.

BILLYHIBS
24-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Budgie announced today that it will be another 12 months before the Macleod Street stand will be completed so they will continue to use the Wheatfield Stand changing rooms until then.It just means that Potter will have another season of doing the walk of shame.No mention made of the inadequate turnstile arrangements for visiting fans which are surely not fit for purpose.Dont call me Shirley!

cocteautwin
25-05-2018, 01:42 AM
The thought of 100% ownership of Hearts by 10,000 or so FOH punters who have sacrificed the bairns' holidays to save their club is an exciting one. The combination of their sense of entitlement and the reality of trying to elect a successful board of directors could get messy. I'm not dismissing fan ownership as a model but it's extremely tricky to manage the punters' expectations and run a financially viable football club.

This is when the fun starts. Club being owned by 10,000 rabid football supporters. There will be calls for a manager change every second week. A few bad results and the new manager blames it on not having "his team" yet. Time for a new manager . . . . . "it's not my players out there" . . . . a few losses . . . . new manager . . . . rinse and repeat . . . sounds good to me.

green day
25-05-2018, 06:10 AM

Not picking on you, but I hear this a lot.

It really depends how Hearts manage it.

During the stand rebuild they have been poor, but the club/FoH/donors will have spent a huge sum on that stand in this period.

Once it's done, and Budge is bought out, their financial advantage on us (ST sales being equal) will be something like £1.5m per year, due to FoH donators.

They donate as much in a month as we give to HSL in a year.

That is perhaps the difference between 6th and 2nd/3rd in terms of player quality, not to mention bragging rights.

If we don't bridge that gap, they will get ahead and stay ahead of us for years.

HSL is the way, easy sign up, and all the money goes to Lennon for players.

GordonHFC
25-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Budgie announced today that it will be another 12 months before the Macleod Street stand will be completed so they will continue to use the Wheatfield Stand changing rooms until then.It just means that Potter will have another season of doing the walk of shame.No mention made of the inadequate turnstile arrangements for visiting fans which are surely not fit for purpose.Dont call me Shirley!

Was told recently by someone involved in the insurance of the pink palace that they have absolutely no money to finish the new stand and they would be lucky if it was completed by the start of 2020.

jacomo
25-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Was told recently by someone involved in the insurance of the pink palace that they have absolutely no money to finish the new stand and they would be lucky if it was completed by the start of 2020.

More to the point, I just don’t think it will deliver the expected boost in revenues once it is finished.

They’ve spent £15m + for approx. 2,000 extra seats and very poorly designed hospitality facilities, apparently now ‘conference’ facilities.

And they’ve tied the new structure to the crumbling old stands, rather than design in the flexibility to redevelop Tynie in the future.

These decisions are going to prove to be huge mistakes.

O'Rourke3
25-05-2018, 09:17 AM

During the stand rebuild they have been poor, but the club/FoH/donors will have spent a huge sum on that stand in this period.

Once it's done, and Budge is bought out, their financial advantage on us (ST sales being equal) will be something like £1.5m per year, due to FoH donators.

That is perhaps the difference between 6th and 2nd/3rd in terms of player quality, not to mention bragging rights.

If we don't bridge that gap, they will get ahead and stay ahead of us for years.

HSL is the way, easy sign up, and all the money goes to Lennon for players.The assumption is that all the donors are willing to put the same or more for the rest of their lives and that the descendants/wives/husbands are all fully on board for this to continue. FOH was an emotional decision. As soon as there is 100% fan ownership they'll be looking for a buyer - major partner.

Chic Murray
25-05-2018, 09:41 AM

By that logic, Sevco and Celtic would finish first and second every season.

Having more money to spend doesn't necessarily equal success. In the hands of a Cathro, it can result in disastrous signings.

Then they do a Malaury Martin, and sit on their erchie picking up their wages.

JimBHibees
25-05-2018, 09:59 AM

Having more money to spend doesn't necessarily equal success. In the hands of a Cathro, it can result in disastrous signings.

Got to be said not sure Cathro had much if any say in the signings blitz under his managership. More than likely Potter and his agent mate.
Brendan Rodgers alluded to it at the time.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2018, 10:03 AM

From 1996 until Rangers were liquidated in 2012, only once did Rangers and Celtic not finish 1st and 2nd. Since they've been promoted from the Championship, they've finished 3rd twice - this season they had more points, and were closer to second than the year before. Generally, the teams with the most money do better - especially in Scotland, where the gap between the OF and everyone else is so vast.

We can't afford to be complacent about the FoH situation. People have been predicting at various points that the contributions will drop off, but they haven't - even over the last two seasons where they've been really poor. There's probably more chance of the contributions increasing if they actually start to do well.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2018, 10:06 AM
The assumption is that all the donors are willing to put the same or more for the rest of their lives and that the descendants/wives/husbands are all fully on board for this to contune. FOH was an emotional decision. As soon as there is 100% fan ownership they'll be looking for a buyer - major partner.

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkThere's also the big assumption about how they'll target the use of the money. It's already been substantially diverted with who knows what coming next.

It's also fair to say it's not how much they've got but how it's spent and by whom.

jacomo
25-05-2018, 10:09 AM
From 1996 until Rangers were liquidated in 2012, only once did Rangers and Celtic not finish 1st and 2nd. Since they've been promoted from the Championship, they've finished 3rd twice - this season they had more points, and were closer to second than the year before. Generally, the teams with the most money do better - especially in Scotland, where the gap between the OF and everyone else is so vast.

We can't afford to be complacent about the FoH situation. People have been predicting at various points that the contributions will drop off, but they haven't - even over the last two seasons where they've been really poor. There's probably more chance of the contributions increasing if they actually start to do well.

It is clear that more income = better chance of success.

HSL is great for those that can afford it. Others may choose to support Hibs in other ways and that’s great too - we must not overlook how important high attendance at ER is to our club.

It isn’t about Hearts or whatever they do. Hibs just have to be the best we can be and the rest will take care of itself.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2018, 10:17 AM
It is clear that more income = better chance of success.

HSL is great for those that can afford it. Others may choose to support Hibs in other ways and that’s great too - we must not overlook how important high attendance at ER is to our club.

It isn’t about Hearts or whatever they do. Hibs just have to be the best we can be and the rest will take care of itself.

Totally agree - I'm in no way trying to pressure people to contribute to HSL. My contribution is at the lowest end per month, and with my ST, I feel that that's all I can afford right now.

My point was just that the demise of FoH has been predicted for quite a while now, and it hasn't happened.

G B Young
25-05-2018, 10:37 AM

I agree HSL has the potential to be an excellent asset for the club and as a previous donor I intend to restart my direct debit. However, it's understandable that a scheme like this is a slow burner at a club like Hibs where the financial management has been very astute for a good many years. FOH only came into being because Romanov had run the club into the ground and for the Hearts fans it was either stump up or lose your club. There are no such panic stations at Easter Road and it sticks in the craw somewhat to see FOH being lauded by the more fawning among the media as making Hearts fans in some way better than others whose clubs weren't mismanaged to the point of extinction.

IMHO Hibs do a great job in making football as affordable as possible for fans (brilliantly priced kids season tickets, Hibs Kids options etc) but football remains a pricey day out for families when you throw in the cost of adult tickets, food, souvenirs etc. For those who can afford to join HSL that's great, but I don't think fans should feel under pressure to make additional contributions to the club, in particular if you've already committed to a season ticket.

Chic Murray
25-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Got to be said not sure Cathro had much if any say in the signings blitz under his managership. More than likely Potter and his agent mate.
Brendan Rodgers alluded to it at the time.

Money in the wrong hands can be a dangerous thing. :agree:

BonnieFitbaTeam
25-05-2018, 11:16 AM

The whole point of FOH was to buy out Budgie. Putting aside the diversion of 100% of those fund so far, when they do finally pay off her loan and have the mythical cure-all that some seem to think fan ownership represents, do you think all those DDs will continue?

jacomo
25-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Totally agree - I'm in no way trying to pressure people to contribute to HSL. My contribution is at the lowest end per month, and with my ST, I feel that that's all I can afford right now.

My point was just that the demise of FoH has been predicted for quite a while now, and it hasn't happened.

FoH was born out of crisis, and Hearts did well to lean so heavily on their supporters to dig them out of a hole.

Our circumstances are different, but we have certainly had our crises in the past and our fans have proved willing to stand up and be counted.

I really am not envious of Hearts’ situation at all. I think we are in a better place on and off the park.

Kavinho
25-05-2018, 11:37 AM
The whole point of FOH was to buy out Budgie. Putting aside the diversion of 100% of those fund so far, when they do finally pay off her loan and have the mythical cure-all that some seem to think fan ownership represents, do you think all those DDs will continue?

Not all, but I'd say the majority

Stevie Reid
25-05-2018, 11:39 AM
FoH was born out of crisis, and Hearts did well to lean so heavily on their supporters to dig them out of a hole.

Our circumstances are different, but we have certainly had our crises in the past and our fans have proved willing to stand up and be counted.

I really am not envious of Hearts’ situation at all. I think we are in a better place on and off the park.

Completely agree with all of this.

hibsforeurope
25-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Is there any evidence of work starting on the new Super, never seen before, pitch they are installing at FOH's great expense?

Iggy Pope
25-05-2018, 12:11 PM

That's not strictly true. I can assure you that every bad defeat or other embarrassment results in several drop outs.
They lost a significant amount after both cup defeats to us for example. They don't take these lightly and see every defeat to us as funds mis-spent.

To be fair, HSL nearly lost my ongoing contribution for other reasons over one of those cup ties but I managed to overcome my fickleness.

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2018, 12:16 PM
I don’t get why everyone is trying to slag off Hearts fans here? However you try to cut it, it’s pretty impressive how much they have, and continue, to donate.

If we were pumping as much money in we’d be back slapping ourselves non stop.

They don’t care if their donations are used for the stand, the pitch, the squad or to buy the shares to lead to fan ownership.

jacomo
25-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Is there any evidence of work starting on the new Super, never seen before, pitch they are installing at FOH's great expense?

Yes I think the breathless coverage has started in the EEN.

No photo op of Budgie driving a tractor accompanying a, “Statement”, as yet though. Maybe she’s on her yacht?

Iggy Pope
25-05-2018, 12:20 PM
I don't get why everyone is trying to slag off Hearts fans here? However you try to cut it, it’s pretty impressive how much they have, and continue, to donate.

If we were pumping as much money in we’d be back slapping ourselves non stop.

They don’t care if their donations are used for the stand, the pitch, the squad or to buy the shares to lead to fan ownership.

I wasn't slagging them off, just a wee pointer. However, they are fair game and always will be. Slagging them off is our job.

Dan Sarf
25-05-2018, 12:26 PM
I wasn't slagging them off, just a wee pointer. However, they are fair game and always will be. Slagging them off is our job.

:top marks

Ozyhibby
25-05-2018, 12:29 PM
The assumption is that all the donors are willing to put the same or more for the rest of their lives and that the descendants/wives/husbands are all fully on board for this to continue. FOH was an emotional decision. As soon as there is 100% fan ownership they'll be looking for a buyer - major partner.

The yams see it as a life long commitment. Despite claims on here, there has been no fall off in their numbers.

Iggy Pope
25-05-2018, 12:31 PM
The yams see it as a life long commitment. Despite claims on here, there has been no fall off in their numbers.

There has.

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Haha, yeah I get that but it’s a whole load of straw clutching really.

Folk on here worrying about rates of interest that Budge may or may not get. Who cares? Certainly not Hearts fans, the ones who actually pay the money!!

We get all exited at raising £500k but somehow they’re mad for raising millions? Kinda weird take on things no?

O'Rourke3
25-05-2018, 12:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'd agree for some it is but it won't be for all. And some of those lives will end sooner than others and then the game changes. I'm not having a go at FOH, I'd like to think we'd step up as well but there are limits. My guess is that limit will be reached at the point Anne washes her hands - says tata and thanks for all the fish. The club has to get investment and with 10000 owners selling shares might be a laugh. They cannot have a business model of donations only. Those other capital projects won't go away....

Velma Dinkley
25-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Haha, yeah I get that but it’s a whole load of straw clutching really.

Folk on here worrying about rates of interest that Budge may or may not get. Who cares? Certainly not Hearts fans, the ones who actually pay the money!!

We get all exited at raising £500k but somehow they’re mad for raising millions? Kinda weird take on things no?

The money HSL raises is used to buy shares and the cash is used to boost the player budget of a well run club. I think Hibs fans can be pleased and proud of their contributions. The money FOH raises is constantly diverted to pay for Hearts' mismanagement. If the Hearts fans continue to support that then they haven't learned anything from the past decade or so.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-05-2018, 01:19 PM
The money HSL raises is used to buy shares and the cash is used to boost the player budget of a well run club. I think Hibs fans can be pleased and proud of their contributions. The money FOH raises is constantly diverted to pay for Hearts' mismanagement. If the Hearts fans continue to support that then they haven't learned anything from the past decade or so.

This..

matty_f
25-05-2018, 01:41 PM

100% agree with this post. :agree:

green day
25-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Apologies, started talking about FoH and disappeared.

I don't disagree with much of the sentiment here, but it is a fact that there has been little drop in FoH donations.

I'm off for a beer with a sensible Jambo shortly. And I can guarantee that he gives not one **** where his £10 a month goes, as long as it improves the club.

He thinks levein is a prick, and that we are unquestionably better on and off the park right now.

But, if this is them as a shambles, when they get their act together they could (only could) overtake us.

Complacency is not helpful.

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2018, 02:43 PM
This..

Not that at all! It makes no sense whatsoever!

G B Young
25-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Not that at all! It makes no sense whatsoever!

As I posted earlier, I don't think many are denying that Hearts fans raising millions to keep their club afloat is a good and laudable thing. FOH, however, would not have come into being had the crackpot Romanov regime not dragged the club to the brink of liquidation, yet many Hearts fans have quickly ditched their once slavish 'Vlad can do no wrong' mindset and instead adopted a rather smug, self-congratulatory mantra that they are in some way a paragon of excellence when it comes to showing us all the best way to run a club - as though they, and they alone, could have rallied around in such a way during a crisis. That's what I find distasteful about it.

HSL v FOH should not be seen as some sort of rivalry. They were brought into being in entirely different circumstances, their ultimate aims are different, and as such HSL is a slower burner (though one that has already yielded benefits to the club that would not previously have existed).

lord bunberry
25-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Correct, it’s a job I take very seriously.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2018, 04:20 PM
As I posted earlier, I don't think many are denying that Hearts fans raising millions to keep their club afloat is a good and laudable thing. FOH, however, would not have come into being had the crackpot Romanov regime not dragged the club to the brink of liquidation, yet many Hearts fans have quickly ditched their once slavish 'Vlad can do no wrong' mindset and instead adopted a rather smug, self-congratulatory mantra that they are in some way a paragon of excellence when it comes to showing us all the best way to run a club - as though they, and they alone, could have rallied around in such a way during a crisis. That's what I find distasteful about it.

HSL v FOH should not be seen as some sort of rivalry. They were brought into being in entirely different circumstances, their ultimate aims are different, and as such HSL is a slower burner (though one that has already yielded benefits to the club that would not previously have existed).

This hits the nail on the head. Its not the effort the Hearts fans have put in to save their club, more than one poster on here, myself included, has grudgingly acknowledged how impressive the way they rallied around was ... it would be absolutely churlish to deny it.

But in typical Yam fashion that's not enough for them, they have to make ludicrous claims that no other fans would have stepped up in the way they have and make ridiculous comparisons to what happened to us at the start of the 90s ... totally ignoring the fact that a movement like FOH would have been neigh on impossible in the days before the advent of mass social media and online banking being available to everybody. Hands off Hibs had the backing of every Hibs fan and took the only steps possible at the time to save the club .... they did it very well as I recall.

Stuff like this utterly defines Hearts and is the reason there's at least anecdotal evidence that they are the most disliked club in Scotland outside of the Ugly Sisters. Only the Yams could take something fans of other clubs would normally applaud them for and gain them their respect and make those same fans hate them for it.

green day
25-05-2018, 04:59 PM
That's all fine, but frankly IDGAF about hearts.

What I am concerned with is us and if these plums (idiots/hopeless project managers or not) have more money than us - then history suggests that they will ultimately end up above us in the league..

We can ignore this, but if we do there will probably be only one outcome.

monarch
25-05-2018, 05:01 PM
This hits the nail on the head. Its not the effort the Hearts fans have put in to save their club, more than one poster on here, myself included, has grudgingly acknowledged how impressive the way they rallied around was ... it would be absolutely churlish to deny it.

But in typical Yam fashion that's not enough for them, they have to make ludicrous claims that no other fans would have stepped up in the way they have and make ridiculous comparisons to what happened to us at the start of the 90s ... totally ignoring the fact that a movement like FOH would have been neigh on impossible in the days before the advent of mass social media and online banking being available to everybody. Hands off Hibs had the backing of every Hibs fan and took the only steps possible at the time to save the club .... they did it very well as I recall.

Stuff like this utterly defines Hearts and is the reason there's at least anecdotal evidence that they are the most disliked club in Scotland outside of the Ugly Sisters. Only the Yams could take something fans of other clubs would normally applaud them for and gain them their respect and make those same fans hate them for it.

And at the 90s/ Hands Off Hibs era STF paid of all creditors. Now remind me how did Hearts deal with their debt ? :wink:

25-05-2018, 05:15 PM
The 18 points difference and us qualifying for Europe is really hurting them right now. They are continually reminding themselves of 5-1, Hibsing it moments and relegation parties. The more they do it, the more it shows how much pain they are in. Love it!

Chic Murray
25-05-2018, 05:26 PM

:agree: It's not how much money you raise, it's where it ends up.

G B Young
25-05-2018, 05:44 PM

It's also the fact that while most yams privately know fine well that Romanov was a mercenary asset stripper who never had Hearts' interests at heart and ended up abandoning them to their fate, few can bring themselves to admit it. The reason? Because of a misguided belief that the Romanov era was responsible for them winning the 2012 cup final, which therefore made the subsequent shambolic descent into administration 'worth it'. Truth is Vlad had lost interest by 2012 and only a couple of unlikely cup runs by a bang average Hearts side (albeit still on inflated, unsustainable wages) and one of the poorest Hibs sides in living memory saw that match come about. Nowt to do with Vlad's 'masterplan'. However, instead of looking back on that era in horror, that one result means that most Hearts fans adopt a shake of the head approach to 'mad old Vlad' while now seeking to reinvent their club as one we should all aspire to emulate, with FOH and Queen Ann leading them on to imagined future glories.

lapsedhibee
25-05-2018, 05:56 PM
And at the 90s/ Hands Off Hibs era STF paid of all creditors. Now remind me how did Hearts deal with their debt ? :wink:
That wasn't really fair, the way he paid off all of our creditors and only one of Hearts'.

jabis
25-05-2018, 05:58 PM
According to keekback,they're having the sale to end all sales.
As I read it,it seems one cardigan festooned chap paid £100 to have a gander at a directors box.wonder which director?

Keith_M
26-05-2018, 10:41 AM

My local shopkeeper is going to buy a new house. Every Friday, he goes with his takings to deposit them in the bank, roughly 10k.

I was going to rob him on his way there, last Friday, but decided not to do it after all.

Does that mean I just contributed 10k to his new house?

:dunno:

CropleyWasGod
26-05-2018, 10:51 AM
My local shopkeeper is going to buy a new house. Every Friday, he goes with his takings to deposit them in the bank, roughly 10k.

I was going to rob him on his way there, last Friday, but decided not to do it after all.

Does that mean I just contributed 10k to his new house?

:dunno:He's taking in half a million a year? Do Tesco know? [emoji6]

Bostonhibby
26-05-2018, 11:13 AM
As I read it,it seems one cardigan festooned chap paid £100 to have a gander at a directors box.wonder which director?Listen if he's paid his money he can do whatever he likes in the directors box, it's the hearts way.

You've really got to feel sorry for the poor goose though.

SuperAllyMcleod
26-05-2018, 05:09 PM
As I read it,it seems one cardigan festooned chap paid £100 to have a gander at a directors box.wonder which director?

Why? It’s exactly the same as the rest of the stand, with the exception of having stewards giving a guard of honour to get to your seat.

Jack Hackett
26-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Why? It’s exactly the same as the rest of the stand, with the exception of having stewards giving a guard of honour to get to your seat.

Why not? Seems a more economical method of throwing away cash than paying £4k for a plastic owl... even if you do get to keep the owl.

I came to the conclusion a while back that the 'simple fans' are as financially clueless and profligate as the club

4WAW
26-05-2018, 06:46 PM
That wasn't really fair, the way he paid off all of our creditors and only one of Hearts'.

It was truly a magnificent gesture from STF to assist the Hurts by settling their debt to a major charity, but does stating this unarguable fact in isolation not ignore the equally magnificent gesture of the Hurts in cancelling the rental debt incurred by one of their own charities that had occasional use of some offices adjacent to Tiny? If I remember correctly, the debt owed to Hurts was allegedly cancelled out by the money raised by the charity for good causes? The Hurts didn't lose out and the charity beneficiaries didn't benefit, ergo no loss overall?

Maybe someone more familiar with the details can elaborate.

Happy to issue an apology if I have misunderstood and no hurt intended.

Keith_M
26-05-2018, 06:54 PM
He's taking in half a million a year? Do Tesco know? [emoji6]

It's in Glasgow and he sells a LOT of Buckfast

:na na:

bodhibs
26-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Why not? Seems a more economical method of throwing away cash than paying £4k for a plastic owl... even if you do get to keep the owl.

I came to the conclusion a while back that the 'simple fans' are as financially clueless and profligate as the club

I just spent a fraction of that price on a similar owl and got a plastic peregrine falcon thrown in. Seagulls laughed at both. What was special about that owl to justify that price? Will a Jambo 4k owl scare away ' vermin'?

Hibs07p
27-05-2018, 05:42 AM
It was truly a magnificent gesture from STF to assist the Hurts by settling their debt to a major charity, but does stating this unarguable fact in isolation not ignore the equally magnificent gesture of the Hurts in cancelling the rental debt incurred by one of their own charities that had occasional use of some offices adjacent to Tiny? If I remember correctly, the debt owed to Hurts was allegedly cancelled out by the money raised by the charity for good causes? The Hurts didn't lose out and the charity beneficiaries didn't benefit, ergo no loss overall?

Maybe someone more familiar with the details can elaborate.

Happy to issue an apology if I have misunderstood and no hurt intended.

My understanding is that the poppy thieves had collected money on behalf of their own charity, but had failed to pass that on before they went into administration, which then showed the charity as a creditor on the debtor list. The administrators then converted that debt into "backdated imaginary rent" which cancelled out the debt. IMO no credit due to the poppy thieves, but maybe one less debt to be paid under any "football debts" criteria that might have been in place at the time.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2018, 06:45 AM
If they made a Terminator sequel set in Edinburgh the Hearts stadium would be the last building standing as it would be the only one not worth bothering to destroy.

Alan62
30-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Just had a wee nod in over the road and looked at their 'Hybrid Pitch' thread. The latest pictures show a sand layer which goes down before the soil and also houses the undersoil heating pipes. Anyway, the point it that the pitch now seems to be sitting high with a run-off similar to the pitch at Old Trafford. Not as high, but still significantly higher than it has been. Bearing in mind that the run-off is at an angle, if the pitch ends up like this, surely it will be even smaller and, if it's raised, you'd imagine it will affect the view from the front rows.

Take a look over if you dare. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176791-hybrid-pitch/&page=7

RyeSloan
30-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Just had a wee nod in over the road and looked at their 'Hybrid Pitch' thread. The latest pictures show a sand layer which goes down before the soil and also houses the undersoil heating pipes. Anyway, the point it that the pitch now seems to be sitting high with a run-off similar to the pitch at Old Trafford. Not as high, but still significantly higher than it has been. Bearing in mind that the run-off is at an angle, if the pitch ends up like this, surely it will be even smaller and, if it's raised, you'd imagine it will affect the view from the front rows.

Take a look over if you dare. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176791-hybrid-pitch/&page=7

Ahh but digging down and putting the pitch at the right height would have cost them...solution...botch it.

Looks like it will be significantly higher than the old one (although you would need a ‘good’ pic of the old one to compare)

As ever with Budge it’s probably going to be a big spend with plenty of negative compromises, something she’s pretty damn good at.

It’s also pretty apparent little or no thought has gone into it and how it will fit with the planned height of the pitch when the stands were built. And ,you can bet your bottom dollar the new stand was not built with this height of pitch considered in advance.

Tynie no matter what they do will always throw up this sort of botch, the place has always been just that bit too small for a proper modern stadium yet they have failed to grasp that nettle and will now have a half ersed effort for ever more. Half of their new stand is still boarded up for gawds sake.

Jack
30-05-2018, 07:04 PM
If they dug down deep enough they might find where they buried the ghost of football past.

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:08 PM
If they dug down deep enough they might find where they buried the ghost of football past.

That was seen at every home game last season under that jurassic manager they've got. They went from lap-top boy straight back to the neolithic.

FilipinoHibs
30-05-2018, 07:13 PM

But will it be ready in time? First few games all away from home again😀

greenginger
30-05-2018, 07:23 PM
One of the kickback pictures shows scaffolding around the police control room.

Don't tell me they are altering this iconic view inhibiting structure. :greengrin

Kato
30-05-2018, 07:30 PM
One of the kickback pictures shows scaffolding around the police control room.

Don't tell me they are altering this iconic view inhibiting structure. :greengrin

Sad day, eh bud?

Its going from "blimey that gets in the way" to "y'know, sticks out a wee bit".

Jack
30-05-2018, 08:46 PM
That was seen at every home game last season under that jurassic manager they've got. They went from lap-top boy straight back to the neolithic.

TBH I was thinking more like 50 years ago!

Keith_M
30-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Have they built the new TV studio yet?

Where in the ground is it supposed to be?

Hibby70
30-05-2018, 09:08 PM
If they made a Terminator sequel set in Edinburgh the Hearts stadium would be the last building standing as it would be the only one not worth bothering to destroy.

Is it directed by James Camaroon?

I'll get my coat....

30-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Is it directed by James Camaroon?

I'll get my coat....

They're not a big club they're a titanic club.

tamig
30-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Have they built the new TV studio yet?

Where in the ground is it supposed to be?

There was talk of it being in one of the corner supports. I’m sure greenginger posted plans up.

Greenfly
30-05-2018, 10:13 PM
Donkey rides, beach volleyball and sandcastle competitions - just a wee fundraising idea.

greenginger
30-05-2018, 10:48 PM
There was talk of it being in one of the corner supports. I’m sure greenginger posted plans up.

Yeah, its meant to be in the corner support between the Roseburn stand and the new 8th wonder of the world stand.

Only problem was that to make any space would require the removal of sections of cross-bracing threatening the collapse of the whole place.

I don't know what they are waiting for. :greengrin

Captain Trips
30-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Their stadium, pitch, manager and squad are all *****. End Of.

MSK
31-05-2018, 05:34 AM
If they dug down deep enough they might find where they buried the ghost of football past.Going by that view from one of their two tunnels the players will need steps tae get onto the pitch, more cost to install a ramp or stair lift for Aaron Hughes & McLean 🤭

Peevemor
31-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Maybe instead of changing their style of play and keeping the ball down, they're trying to take the pitch to the ball? :dunno:

Sergio sledge
31-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Yeah, its meant to be in the corner support between the Roseburn stand and the new 8th wonder of the world stand.

Only problem was that to make any space would require the removal of sections of cross-bracing threatening the collapse of the whole place.

Did they not change that because they realised it would make some more seats restricted view like the police box on the other side? I think there was talk of them putting it at the back of the stand but that they might lose a few seats because of it.

greenginger
31-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Did they not change that because they realised it would make some more seats restricted view like the police box on the other side? I think there was talk of them putting it at the back of the stand but that they might lose a few seats because of it.

There's not been any changes to the planning application drawings for the media centre approved last year.

The building warrant application submitted at the same time is still " pending consideration " as there is no design certificate attached to the the application.

In other words , they can't get their structural engineer to sign off the removal of the bracing.

Still think Budge to carry on regardless. :greengrin

GreenCastle
31-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Maybe instead of changing their style of play and keeping the ball down, they're trying to take the pitch to the ball? :dunno:

Laugh out loud moment ! Haha

McSwanky
31-05-2018, 08:42 AM

:top marks:faf:

Bostonhibby
31-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Maybe instead of changing their style of play and keeping the ball down, they're trying to take the pitch to the ball? :dunno:[emoji23]

brog
31-05-2018, 09:07 AM
But will it be ready in time? First few games all away from home again😀

I did think it was funny that a few weeks before the end of the season, & while theoretically Yams could still achieve 4th place & Europe, they announced the pitch would be ready in time for the League Cup sectional games. Looks like reality has set in at least in some parts of Gorgie, but I suspect the deluded didn't even notice..

green&left
31-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Pretty sure they announced a while back they're building the tv studio at the top of the new main stand facing the pitch. I'm assuming Sky/BT/BBC didn't fancy having a rusting iron flood light being the main focal point behind their presenters and not the football pitch.

Geo_1875
31-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure they announced a while back they're building the tv studio at the top of the new main stand facing the pitch. I'm assuming Sky/BT/BBC didn't fancy having a rusting iron flood light being the main focal point behind their presenters and not the football pitch.

Was there not a plan for one of the boxes to be built around the support struts?

green&left
31-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Was there not a plan for one of the boxes to be built around the support struts?

No idea. This was said a couple of month back.

Q: Is there a plan to build a TV studio?

AB: Yes, there is a preferred plan, and that is to house it at the top/rear of the new stand. It would be approximately mid-way between the halfway point and the corner nearest the control room. It would have a glass fronted window overlooking the stadium. Current designs might see the loss of a couple of rows of seats directly in front of it. This is still being checked out by our structural engineers.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2018, 10:43 AM

AB: Yes, there is a preferred plan, and that is to house it at the top/rear of the new stand. It would be approximately mid-way between the halfway point and the corner nearest the control room. It would have a glass fronted window overlooking the stadium. Current designs might see the loss of a couple of rows of seats directly in front of it. This is still being checked out by our structural engineers.So even less seats at a time when there's talk of them magicing up more.

I love the eighth wonder stand.

RyeSloan
31-05-2018, 10:57 AM
So even less seats at a time when there's talk of them magicing up more.

I love the eighth wonder stand.

Forward planning is clearly Budge’s strong point....

Crazyhorse
31-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Forward planning is clearly Budge’s strong point....

The whole project reminds me of Spinal Tap's Stonehenge extravaganza...

jacomo
31-05-2018, 02:11 PM

AB: Yes, there is a preferred plan, and that is to house it at the top/rear of the new stand. It would be approximately mid-way between the halfway point and the corner nearest the control room. It would have a glass fronted window overlooking the stadium. Current designs might see the loss of a couple of rows of seats directly in front of it. This is still being checked out by our structural engineers.

I’d call Hearts rank amateurs, but rank amateurs will complain that they are being insulted by the comparison.

Keith_M
31-05-2018, 02:13 PM

Isn't that where the Police Box is though?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the Roseburn Stand and the Main stand aren't even next to each other. Did you mean between the Gorgie and Main Stands?

Bostonhibby
31-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Isn't that where the Police Box is though?All big teams have the fuzz sitting with the hacks in the same shed halfway up a pylon.

Real Emerald
31-05-2018, 02:19 PM

It will also be very dangerous for players running off the surface due to the slope and the limited run off area. Could be an impending safety issue.

Alan62
31-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Isn't that where the Police Box is though?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the Roseburn Stand and the Main stand aren't even next to each other. Did you mean between the Gorgie and Main Stands?

The Roseburn Stand is the one we get. The Wheatfield Stand is the one opposite the 8th Wonderstand and the Gorgie Road Stand is the one with the Josef Fritzl Lounge.

The proposed TV shed in the support struts was between the 8th Wonder and the Roseburn. Now it will just be up the back of the new stand where some seats will have to be removed. Access to the TV area will presumably be through the usual vomitories.

Alan62
31-05-2018, 02:28 PM
It will also be very dangerous for players running off the surface due to the slope and the limited run off area. Could be an impending safety issue.

I'm sure they'll have checked out any Health and Safety issues. Oh wait ...

Rumble de Thump
31-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Barry Anderson is training to become a police community support officer to help make this workable.

Skol
16-07-2018, 08:05 PM
I found myself passing by the Foundation Plaza at the weekend.

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.

Kato
16-07-2018, 08:11 PM

The temporary barriers have been removed. Well moved back closer to the brand spanking new mega structure.

What struck me was the absolute mess that is the plaza. Its covered in seagull **** and chewing gum. But worst of all are the weeds growing through. Mt driveway was laid by a bunch of cowboys over 10 years ago, but I still dont have weeds like that.

I would imagine the jambo faithful will be asked to turn up with a trowel on sunday for a mass clean up.

They'll find a way to sell them the weeds, some "historic" "unique chance to own" mumbo jumbo. Jumbos.

JollyGreenGiant
16-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Older Jambo guy I know decided to buy a season ticket in the new stand last season, but he has had to move as he can't go up the steps to his seat as it's too steep :hilarious

CapitalGreen
16-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Older Jambo guy I know decided to buy a season ticket in the new stand last season, but he has had to move as he can't go up the steps to his seat as it's too steep :hilarious

The new stand is less steep than the older stands.

bodhibs
16-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Glad this thread got a bump, one of my favourites. Will it ever be complete and compliant? Will they ever get 20k?

MagicSwirlingShip
16-07-2018, 09:17 PM
The new stand is less steep than the older stands.

But much steeper than the old Main stand. Poor old boy!

jgl07
17-07-2018, 03:07 AM
But much steeper than the old Main stand. Poor old boy!

Serves him right for supporting Hearts!

Famous Fiver
17-07-2018, 05:44 AM
When is the official opening?

I would have thought it would have been a glittering affair attended by the great and the good of Edinburgh society, royalty and World Cup stars.

Have I missed something?

dp00
17-07-2018, 02:37 PM
To be fair to them, there pitch does look in good condition . If they sorted the seats which are faded then from a picture perspective the stadium would prob look half decent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McSwanky
17-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Surely they could pull in a few favours from the Council? They must be owed a few as they never EVER get preferential treatment to other businesses/football clubs. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
17-07-2018, 02:57 PM
But much steeper than the old Main stand. Poor old boy!Maybe they could move the unique atmospheric escalator to here where it might do some good, when they can get it to work obviously.

where'stheslope
17-07-2018, 03:02 PM
As I recall its the same at Ipox, the front row seats are lower than the pitch, good if your an ankle man????

HoboHarry
17-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Maybe they could move the unique atmospheric escalator to here where it might do some good, when they can get it to work obviously.

How do you know it doesn't work? You were inside weren't you? I would feel dirty........

SirDavidsNapper
17-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Weeds? Are you sure it's not just the saplings of the maroon trees we saw in the artists impressions of the new megastructure? The glass curtain wall can't be far away now.

Bostonhibby
17-07-2018, 03:11 PM
How do you know it doesn't work? You were inside weren't you? I would feel dirty........

:greengrinIt's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption[emoji4]?

Only been inside the deathtrap once since mercer tried to shut us down.

HoboHarry
17-07-2018, 03:13 PM
It's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption[emoji4]?

Never been to Tyncastle, damn I felt manky even passing the place and had to go home and shower any time I did. It was never enough.....

CockneyRebel
17-07-2018, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;5467768]It's inside the megastand so it's a reasonable assumption[emoji4]?

Never been back since then - I'm not bitter.

jacomo
17-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Glad this thread got a bump, one of my favourites. Will it ever be complete and compliant? Will they ever get 20k?

This thread keeps going until the daft project is finished.

Prepare for a long wait.

Itsnoteasy
17-07-2018, 11:23 PM

I would have thought it would have been a glittering affair attended by the great and the good of Edinburgh society, royalty and World Cup stars.

Have I missed something?

Aye Rudi S

SirDavidsNapper
18-07-2018, 05:47 AM

Have I missed something?

Apparently they're hanging fire to see if the English FA accept the joint bid with the SFA for the 2030 world cup. They'll have the grand opening for the World cup final. The FA are believed to be very keen to use Tynecastle instead of Wembly to attract sponsorship and investment to the UK which will filter down to England.

Springbank
18-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Apparently they're hanging fire to see if the English FA accept the joint bid with the SFA for the 2030 world cup. They'll have the grand opening for the World cup final. The FA are believed to be very keen to use Tynecastle instead of Wembly to attract sponsorship and investment to the UK which will filter down to England.

I just looked on the dark web, and turns out your idea is not so far-fetched.

I discovered that Eamonn Bannon, Steve Bannon's less hirsute father, is gently pulling the strings of the western world.

Having come to prominence during WW1 and again in 1986, Hearts are the obvious choice for a rogue militray-industrial complex plan.

Ann Budge is an anagram of "Banged UN" [i checked] which suggests the United Nations has cause for concern.

And as the "foot in the door" to bring down western democracy from within, if Trump/Pence had failed to reach Office in the West, then Vladimir Putin (who brazenly shares a first name with Romanov) had groomed Leslie Deans/Gary Medals Mackay to be the operational back up plan at the Edinburgh town Corporation.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2018, 12:53 PM

If we get it, we’ll need to fill in the corners at ER to increase the capacity

Keith_M
18-07-2018, 01:49 PM
The Roseburn Stand is the one we get. The Wheatfield Stand is the one opposite the 8th Wonderstand and the Gorgie Road Stand is the one with the Josef Fritzl Lounge.

The proposed TV shed in the support struts was between the 8th Wonder and the Roseburn. Now it will just be up the back of the new stand where some seats will have to be removed. Access to the TV area will presumably be through the usual vomitories.

:aok:

I realised a bit later that I was having a brainfart and got mixed up with the Wheatfield

Alan62
18-07-2018, 02:23 PM
:aok:

I realised a bit later that I was having a brainfart and got mixed up with the Wheatfield

Easily done. They all look the same.

SirDavidsNapper
18-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Easily done. They all look the same.

Faded pink seats and patches of rust

greenginger
28-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Just passed down Mcleod Street and see some new construction work at the visitor turnstile block.

Looks like they've been forced to add the 2 gates they cut out as a money saver when the Budgie budget was beginning to spiral .

The approved drawings had shown 8 turnstiles for accessing visiting supporters but they thought they'd get away with 6. That caused problems with ourselves and no doubt the Weegie teams.

Adding the two new booths as an extra will double the price of their projected saving, another masterstroke by the good doctor :greengrin

Although by the rusting manky appearance of the two new metal gate assemblies , they must have been acquired second hand .

Carheenlea
28-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Can’t see another two making that much of a difference to the queuing and build up of fans in the holding area. One small single block of turnstiles all close together is what causes the congestion in my opinion. Just a duff and inadequate ground all round really.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2018, 02:54 PM
The nursery that had to be finished in June is still a building site as well.

Blaster
28-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Can’t see another two making that much of a difference to the queuing and build up of fans in the holding area. One small single block of turnstiles all close together is what causes the congestion in my opinion. Just a duff and inadequate ground all round really.

An extra 2 will make a decent difference. There will still be queues but should move a bit quicker. Still a dump though

Famous Fiver
28-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Was the completion of the nursery due in June 2018 or an unspecified year?

Maybe someone has forgotten to order the nappies?

Jack Hackett
28-07-2018, 04:54 PM

I'm sure Craig will have a stash somewhere... just in case

CropleyisGod
28-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Apologies for being a lazy *** (I did skim through a few hundred posts) but did the EPL quality hybrid pitch get laid or did Harry Potter just go to B&Q for some cheap fertilizer?

Famous Fiver
28-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Unfortunate turn of phrase there, Crops, talking about getting laid in the context of anything involving the Hearts hierarchy.

I think the hybrid pitch has perhaps been installed. :greengrin

HoboHarry
28-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Apologies for being a lazy *** (I did skim through a few hundred posts) but did the EPL quality hybrid pitch get laid or did Harry Potter just go to B&Q for some cheap fertilizer?
Doesnae need fertilizer with the amount of s***e placed on the field every other Saturday....

Bostonhibby
28-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Just passed down Mcleod Street and see some new construction work at the visitor turnstile block.

Looks like they've been forced to add the 2 gates they cut out as a money saver when the Budgie budget was beginning to spiral .

The approved drawings had shown 8 turnstiles for accessing visiting supporters but they thought they'd get away with 6. That caused problems with ourselves and no doubt the Weegie teams.

Adding the two new booths as an extra will double the price of their projected saving, another masterstroke by the good doctor :greengrin

Although by the rusting manky appearance of the two new metal gate assemblies , they must have been acquired second hand .So, in your obviously blinkered opinion, do you think the unique, atmospheric and etc... blah blah blah stand will still be delivered on time, on budget, complianty with all the relevant sign offs in place before the nursery reopens?

Criswell
28-07-2018, 10:26 PM

Hmm... Genesis released an album in the 70's called "Nursery Cryme". Hope it will not turn out to be prophetic!

CapitalGreen
29-07-2018, 07:51 AM

It got laid and it looks good from what I’ve seen.

greenginger
29-07-2018, 08:08 AM
The nursery that had to be finished in June is still a building site as well.

The application for a Building Warrant to construct the new nursery was only submitted to the Council on 20th June and has not been issued yet.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Suppose its only paperwork and of no concern to the Gorgie masterbuilders.

Alan62
29-07-2018, 08:16 AM
The application for a Building Warrant to construct the new nursery was only submitted to the Council on 20th June and has not been issued yet.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Suppose its only paperwork and of no concern to the Gorgie masterbuilders.

How do they get away with this?

Betty Boop
29-07-2018, 08:27 AM

Obviously naebody cares except Hibs fans.

green day
29-07-2018, 08:55 AM
obviously naebody cares except some hibs fans.

ftfy

Chic Murray
29-07-2018, 09:20 AM

To be fair, it's probably as much about the corruption and inefficiency of Edinburgh Council as some Yam conspiracy. The city is rotten from top to bottom.

An example is Cammo. The bulldozers were doing groundwork, on the same day that the EEN was reporting that the builders were "hoping" to be given planning permission.

The Ross Trust are on social media frequently discussing what their vision is for West Princes Street Gardens and how they are going to be staging a lot more events there. Problem is, they haven't even been given control of the Gardens, as future use is out for "public consultation".

Public consultation is actually a questionnaire full of loaded questions, which is open to anybody from anywhere to complete, and can easily be answered more than once.

This town stinks, so it's hardly any surprise that the Yams fly under the radar when it comes to playing the system. As far as the council is concerned they are diddy locals, not worth bothering about.

hibees 7062
30-07-2018, 10:03 PM
https://scontent.flhr6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38033387_2242068169143018_1841854183238533120_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=8e2399b2fa50b8279746109cef7f90d9&oe=5C04E309

G B Young
31-07-2018, 08:11 AM
I had the misfortune to be driven past the stand yesterday for the first time since it was built. Underwhelming in the extreme. It's a lot smaller than I expected and the supposed 'glass curtain' has been made to look a lot more striking by clever photography. I had thought the glass had some sort of reflective quality, thus giving it a uniform mirrored effect but in reality it's just a drab, grey windowed frontage. Office block with a Hearts badge stuck on the front sums it up. Quite how £13 million plus has been spent on this beggars belief.

green day
31-07-2018, 08:24 AM
To be fair, it's probably as much about the corruption and inefficiency of Edinburgh Council as some Yam conspiracy. The city is rotten from top to bottom.

This town stinks, so it's hardly any surprise that the Yams fly under the radar when it comes to playing the system. As far as the council is concerned they are diddy locals, not worth bothering about.

Someone steal your sweeties or something? :rolleyes:

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2018, 08:28 AM
I had the misfortune to be driven past the stand yesterday for the first time since it was built. Underwhelming in the extreme. It's a lot smaller than I expected and the supposed 'glass curtain' has been made to look a lot more striking by clever photography. I had thought the glass had some sort of reflective quality, thus giving it a uniform mirrored effect but in reality it's just a drab, grey windowed frontage. Office block with a Hearts badge stuck on the front sums it up. Quite how £13 million plus has been spent on this beggars belief.

In 10/20 years time it'll be winning Carbuncle awards.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Should we still be calling it a new stand? A year old, still not finished but it's a year old or thereabouts.

We could call it nearly new, used, work in progress, unfinished, half baked or part baked.

Technically, incomplete newer stand might be more accurate.

Chic Murray
31-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Sorry, don't know what came over me there. Not enough bread or circuses probably.

Chic Murray
31-07-2018, 08:40 AM

Sorry, don't know what came over me there. Not enough bread or circuses probably.

Do you work for the council by any chance?

green day
31-07-2018, 08:44 AM

Do you work for the council by any chance?

Odd question?

Semi / Mostly retired.......and not from the council.

AltheHibby
31-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Odd question?

Semi / Mostly retired.......and not from the council.

Not really. Your reply made me wonder too.

Still, better than being called a yam. 😊

Green Man
31-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Not really. Your reply made me wonder too.

Still, better than being called a yam. 😊

Working for the council, being a yam - same thing is it not? :greengrin

green day
31-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Working for the council, being a yam - same thing is it not? :greengrin

To be fair, I generally take no lip off nobody and I do clear litter from my gutter if necessary :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2018, 09:06 AM
To be fair, I generally take no lip off nobody and I do clear litter from my gutter if necessary :greengrin

Do the children call you Bogey?

green day
31-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Do the children call you Bogey?

Hate sailing though 🤣

GreenCastle
31-07-2018, 09:14 AM
I find it hilarious they still haven’t opened up the tunnel and new dressing rooms yet.

Even the police control box which has been scaled back still has restricted view seats behind it.

They love a half done job - Shambles F.C.

Chic Murray
31-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Hate sailing though 🤣

Never seen you walking down our street either.

jacomo
31-07-2018, 12:01 PM
In 10/20 years time it'll be winning Carbuncle awards.

Not at all convinced it will still be standing in 20 years.

Some day, someone at Hearts will bite the bullet and rebuild from scratch or move the club and redevelop that site.

Jack Hackett
31-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Not at all convinced it will still be standing in 20 years.

Some day, someone at Hearts will bite the bullet and rebuild from scratch or move the club and redevelop that site.

Given the standard of design, re-design, workmanship and the amount of sticking plasters already applied... I give it 5 years

hibby6270
03-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Here’s the latest fantasy our Gorgie chums are creaming themselves over.
Gorgie to the left, Wheatfield to the right.
What they just cannae get into their heads that any proposal like this is just not structurally possible, given the essential nature of the floodlight pylons that hold the damn roof trusses up.

You’ve got to laugh. :greengrin:rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Budge has done another lengthy statement about, well, everything and nothing. On their website.

SuperAllyMcleod
03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Budge has done another lengthy statement about, well, everything and nothing. On their website.

Link please,I love a Budget statement [emoji3]

Keith_M
03-08-2018, 05:55 PM

They don't want to get too far behind their pals The Rangers in the Statement League for the new season.

PatHead
03-08-2018, 05:56 PM
They don't want to get too far behind their pals The Rangers in the Statement League for the new season.

Are they not ahead yet?

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Are they not ahead yet?

They are, 3-2 now

HFC_NYC
03-08-2018, 05:57 PM
I tried to paste the statement here, but couldn't due to the fact that it exceeded the number of characters permitted per post. That right there sums up how full of hot air she is. I couldn't get through the whole thing, but I did learn that the new pitch is the first pitch in the world to have a 24/7 monitoring system. What is it with these clowns and the need to constantly blow their own trumpets?

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Link please,I love a Budget statement [emoji3]

Apologies, that should have said tome, not statement.

Brummie_Hibs
03-08-2018, 06:00 PM
but I did learn that the new pitch is the first pitch in the world to have a 24/7 monitoring system. [
What? Is it to stop the pitch from absconding and laying itself in a proper stadium!!??

O'Rourke3
03-08-2018, 06:01 PM
It's huge. They bought a team to play in the Reserve league. They've laid a pitch which is a world first and they've managed to get an infrastructure project in one time against "impossible deadlines". They've operned a bar - I hope someone bought the license. There's about another 10 paragraphs which I can't be ersed reading.

Treadstone
03-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Budge "Hibs have had a good result, what can we do?"
Potter "4-6-0"
Budge "I know, release a statement"

CockneyRebel
03-08-2018, 06:09 PM
I tried to paste the statement here, but couldn't due to the fact that it exceeded the number of characters permitted per post. That right there sums up how full of hot air she is. I couldn't get through the whole thing, but I did learn that the new pitch is the first pitch in the world to have a 24/7 monitoring system. What is it with these clowns and the need to constantly blow their own trumpets?

Like the one's some of them wear around their ankles?

weecounty hibby
03-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Deflection tactics. Hibernian qualify for another round in Europe, sign a world cup striker, hearts have planted some grass. Let's call it special grass that is so special that we need to watch it 24/7! Suppose it's better than actually watching hearts hoofball!

Mibbes Aye
03-08-2018, 06:14 PM

They've got to do something with all those huddies they've signed, I suppose.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Budge has done another lengthy statement about, well, everything and nothing. On their website.Saw it...fell asleep after the 1st paragraph...utter drivel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
03-08-2018, 06:18 PM
What’ better watching paint dry or grass grow

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Deflection tactics. Hibernian qualify for another round in Europe, sign a world cup striker, hearts have planted some grass. Let's call it special grass that is so special that we need to watch it 24/7! Suppose it's better than actually watching hearts hoofball!They Muppets will fall for it...good news week for Hibs so the good Dr comes out with 300 paragraphs of utter drivel to keep the sparryheids happy

PatHead
03-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Hints the council are the reason for the delay on the nursery.

madsen5
03-08-2018, 06:22 PM
They Muppets will fall for it...good news week for Hibs so the good Dr comes out with 300 paragraphs of utter drivel to keep the sparryheids happy

Shame the pitch isn't big enough 😂😂

tamig
03-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Here’s the latest fantasy our Gorgie chums are creaming themselves over.
Gorgie to the left, Wheatfield to the right.
What they just cannae get into their heads that any proposal like this is just not structurally possible, given the essential nature of the floodlight pylons that hold the damn roof trusses up.

You’ve got to laugh. :greengrin:rolleyes:

Lol. Have any of the others raised the question? They could of course cantilever it all from the back with all that spare land they have.

RyeSloan
03-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Does she get a chocolate coin for every time she mentions Tynecastle Park in her statements? Or maybe it’s for words in inverted commas or does that explain her over use of ellipses?

A rather rambling statement as per normal but did love the fact that not only is the monitoring system for their pitch the first of its kind in the world it also means that Tynecastle Park will become one of the most monitored venues in the world!

greenginger
03-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Lol. Have any of the others raised the question? They could of course cantilever it all from the back with all that spare land they have.

Nah , sky hooks are all that's required :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
03-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Does she get a chocolate coin for every time she mentions Tynecastle Park in her statements? Or maybe it’s for words in inverted commas or does that explain her over use of ellipses?

A rather rambling statement as per normal but did love the fact that not only is the monitoring system for their pitch the first of its kind in the world it also means that Tynecastle Park will become one of the most monitored venues in the world!

She’s missed a trick, this could have been split into 4 or 5 statements and put them well clear of the The Rangers in the statement league.

Mibbes Aye
03-08-2018, 06:39 PM

I was just about to post re the inverted commas and ellipses and her wording in general. It's like an Atari console has become sentient and is trying to pass itself off as human.

What was more interesting was the reference to an 'all-singing, all-dancing' sprinkler system.

That will explain why I saw Lockie coming out of the Stella Mann College the other day.

hibees 7062
03-08-2018, 06:40 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51XUwI24XqL._SX940_.jpg

Captain Trips
03-08-2018, 06:42 PM
The stadium was a dump on the first page of this thread and it remains so.