PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

MrSmith
08-03-2018, 12:03 PM
The seats look like there peeling also

could be snow?? But as you say, "nothing to see here!" :na na:

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Apparently the rust's been fixed - it looks spanking new now.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_03/33D892CA-C60A-4193-B406-8E2E5480B357.thumb.jpeg.e7e6d58de6cde4aaec877715e0 a42c29.jpegIt's not new, it's nouveau style rust. Job done. Spurs will unveil something similar soon.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

overdrive
08-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Slightly off topic but do Kilmarnock have a similar arrangement for when managers get sent to the stand? It looked like Lennon had to walk through Killie fans to get to the directors' box.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2018, 12:16 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_03/33D892CA-C60A-4193-B406-8E2E5480B357.thumb.jpeg.e7e6d58de6cde4aaec877715e0 a42c29.jpeg

Look at the way the water is standing on it .... that's the effect you would get if you painted your car with Dulux. One of the selling points of this new stand was doing away with the enormous cost of maintaining the worlds most historic main stand anywhere in the world ever. It seems to me they have jumped out of a very small frying pan into a very big fire :greengrin

A bit like their escalators ... a very nice idea, very flash I'm sure ... but do these things not cost a fortune to maintain?

Geo_1875
08-03-2018, 12:44 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_03/33D892CA-C60A-4193-B406-8E2E5480B357.thumb.jpeg.e7e6d58de6cde4aaec877715e0 a42c29.jpeg

Is that visible rust behind the perspex curtain? Very attractive look.

Oscar T Grouch
08-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Look at the way the water is standing on it .... that's the effect you would get if you painted your car with Dulux. One of the selling points of this new stand was doing away with the enormous cost of maintaining the worlds most historic main stand anywhere in the world ever. It seems to me they have jumped out of a very small frying pan into a very big fire :greengrin

A bit like their escalators ... a very nice idea, very flash I'm sure ... but do these things not cost a fortune to maintain?

I am not sure about a fortune but they certainly cost more than stairs to maintain :greengrin

lapsedhibee
08-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Thomato will take his concerns about rust to The Queen, she'll explain it's not rust but a "ferric oxide finish", he'll dissipate the good news on ninepointsback and all will be well in Tinyland.

Peevemor
08-03-2018, 01:30 PM
All's well - they've got Potter on the job!

Daydreamer
08-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Anyone know when the date is for the '' Contractional Obligations'' to build the nursery is for? In Budge's statement she has used this excuse for very little work being done on the rust bucket of a stand

Ozyhibby
08-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Anyone know when the date is for the '' Contractional Obligations'' to build the nursery is for? In Budge's statement she has used this excuse for very little work being done on the rust bucket of a stand

June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
08-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Which June is this we are talking about?

Had a quick look out my window and didn't see any pigs flying over.

Is there any seat provision in the completion of this world class facility?

Any steel beams involved?

Arch Stanton
08-03-2018, 03:44 PM
The thing is -

whether you are looking in

or whether you are looking out -

what you see is the High School!

Now, is that no marvellous?

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 03:47 PM
The thing is -

whether you are looking in

or whether you are looking out -

what you see is the High School!

Now, is that no marvellous?

It is for managers and former managers.

Ozyhibby
10-03-2018, 05:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180310/966296f92a385f89cb62fff007799a56.jpg

Looks like they are starting to realise they made a balls up of the new stand. And that’s without mention of the rust.

marinello59
10-03-2018, 05:12 PM

Looks like they are starting to realise they made a balls up of the new stand. And that’s without mention of the rust.

‘We were designing a stand with restricted views.” :faf:

Jack Hackett
10-03-2018, 05:35 PM

I can imagine the 'this thread is reekin' responses that got :top marks

What's the thread title Ozy?

Bostonhibby
10-03-2018, 05:39 PM
‘We were designing a stand with restricted views.” :faf:Aye but the "architect" who isn't seems to be a yam so allisbarry, as they say. Pleasing for many years to come.

Ozyhibby
10-03-2018, 06:29 PM
I can imagine the 'this thread is reekin' responses that got :top marks

What's the thread title Ozy?

It’s the one about the financial concerns I think. Been chuckling at so many today I can’t remember.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 06:33 PM
It’s the one about the financial concerns I think. Been chuckling at so many today I can’t remember.

It’s called Financial situation, been reading it as well. Trying to blame a Hibee for starting it.
They don’t get it do they, they just think they can spend spend spend
Think it’s one of the reasons Levein is putting 16/17 year olds in the1st team. They need to put them in the shop window to sell them

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Their stand has been called many things on here, a lot of them less than complimentary.

Can I introduce a new title since lots of them aren't going back until Levein/management team/wage thifs have gone.

' The White Elephant.'

They've thrown millions at it and are going backwards at a great rate of knots.

Oh ma sides............

speedy_gonzales
10-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Seen a picture yesterday, apparently a massive lump of snow fell off the new stand last week and smashed in to the dug-outs below, perspex shattered and metalwork bent,,,, thankfully it happened when nobody was standing underneath!

Will be interesting to see if it's fixed in time for the next home game.

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Might not be able to see for the smoke bombs!!

jacomo
10-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Seen a picture yesterday, apparently a massive lump of snow fell off the new stand last week and smashed in to the dug-outs below, perspex shattered and metalwork bent,,,, thankfully it happened when nobody was standing underneath!

Will be interesting to see if it's fixed in time for the next home game.

Evidence required please.

jacomo
10-03-2018, 09:58 PM
It’s called Financial situation, been reading it as well. Trying to blame a Hibee for starting it.
They don’t get it do they, they just think they can spend spend spend
Think it’s one of the reasons Levein is putting 16/17 year olds in the1st team. They need to put them in the shop window to sell them

Bizarre team selection by Levein for a derby. Ah well.

speedy_gonzales
10-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Evidence required please.
No can do, the photo was shown to me but deliberately not given to me.
I guess we'll see any damage or repair when they play Partick next week.

greenginger
19-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Passed by through McLeod Street this morning. Mobile crane and low loaders taking away the site huts that were brought in for the Budge Folly construction.

Work must be finished ? Or that’s all they can afford for the now. :greengrin

Look forward to to seeing if they are going to get a temporary occupation certificate to let them use the erection legally ! Or just carry on without any authorisations in place.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Passed by through McLeod Street this morning. Mobile crane and low loaders taking away the site huts that were brought in for the Budge Folly construction.

Look forward to to seeing if they are going to get a temporary occupation certificate to let them use the erection legally ! Or just carry on without any authorisations in place.Job done. Gaze in wonder hobos. Maybe they're just clearing the way for the revolutionary anti rust laser gun to be brought in and fired at the newly rusting mega stand?

The tomasso guy will be along with the correct explanation for what's going on I'm sure.

s.a.m
19-03-2018, 12:27 PM
...I see Bryan Jackson (cadaverous administrator) has written a play called 'the Pieman Cometh') about the insanity of Scottish football. He says it's "dark". The article was in the Scotsman in the past few days.

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2018, 12:30 PM
...I see Bryan Jackson (cadaverous administrator) has written a play called 'the Pieman Cometh') about the insanity of Scottish football. He says it's "dark". The article was in the Scotsman in the past few days.

It's a comedy, allegedly. :greengrin

Daydreamer
19-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Spoke to a Yam on Saturday who is not deluded and in the know and he was telling me that most of the Hospitality suites and lounges in the new stand will not even be ready for the start of next season. iI asked him why and his reply was Budge is now avoiding some serious questions regarding the build. Make of that what you want.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Spoke to a Yam on Saturday who is not deluded and in the know and he was telling me that most of the Hospitality suites and lounges in the new stand will not even be ready for the start of next season. iI asked him why and his reply was Budge is now avoiding some serious questions regarding the build. Make of that what you want.

I made a paper plane.

Kato
19-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Job done. Glaze in wonder hobos. Maybe they're just clearing the way for the revolutionary anti rust laser gun to be brought in and fired at the newly rusting mega stand?

The tomasso guy will be along with the correct explanation for what's going on I'm sure.

Fixed a wee bit there.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Fixed a wee bit there.[emoji23]

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Spoke to a Yam on Saturday who is not deluded and in the know and he was telling me that most of the Hospitality suites and lounges in the new stand will not even be ready for the start of next season. iI asked him why and his reply was Budge is now avoiding some serious questions regarding the build. Make of that what you want.A papier mache hospitality suite and seats made out of toilet roll holders?, like they used to do on Blue Peter.

Stuart93
19-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Look forward to to seeing if they are going to get a temporary occupation certificate to let them use the erection legally ! Or just carry on without any authorisations in place.

You need a certificate to use an erection legally?? Jeez I'm trouble

GreenCastle
19-03-2018, 01:58 PM
If you google Tynecastle Nursery you can find the latest news update, well March 2018.

It says they have been consulting with Hearts and still aim to move to new nursery in August 2018.

Famous Fiver
19-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Low loader etc probably taken away by whoever they hired them from because either
a) they have not been paid for.
b) no further work envisaged for a while until they get this super duper team on the park ( five years anyone?)
c) they have no further money to chuck at it.

Take your pick.

Jack Hackett
19-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Low loader etc probably taken away by whoever they hired them from because either
b) no further work envisaged for a while until they get this super duper team on the park ( five years anyone?)

Take your pick.

That's a trick question, isn't it? ... It's all 3 obviously

hibbyfraelibby
19-03-2018, 03:03 PM

Take your pick.

All plus a few other issues if you ask me.

Over on Brokeback they are querying why their season ticket sales are starting two full months early. Classic signs of a "cash flow event".

1. They are having to completely rejig the Gorgie Library project to rectify the mistakes made by Clydesdale.

2. They have to find close on £400k to build the nursery and have it handed over within 3 months

3.The suckers cannot be suckered out of extra cash in their non-existant hospitality suites.

4. The pitch is going to cost all of next years FOH direct debit contributions.

5. They are getting zilch PATG

6. The mystery benefactors are right out of readies.

7. They need to pay Naismith now the Scottish Cup gamble failed out of reserved

8. They are focussed on paying off HMRC first to avoid a reportable incident.

9. The "golden" generation were crafted from fools gold and not worth a brass farthing between them.

10. The good Doctor has spent the grandkids inheritance and the family are revolting.

Other than that they are financially sound and awash with the resources to bring in 9 new players in the summer and pay off the duds.

Sauzee16
19-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Our season tickets have went on sale before theirs.

I did see on twitter I think he that ours went on sale as an act of desperation and not because they have regularly went on sale around this time. 2 weeks later theirs is on sale. It’s good business practice once the Christmas lil is over. I don’t think either way one of the clubs are in bad shape off the field. It fact it’s probably never been better.

hibbyfraelibby
19-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Our season tickets have went on sale before theirs.

I did see on twitter I think he that ours went on sale as an act of desperation and not because they have regularly went on sale around this time. 2 weeks later theirs is on sale. It’s good business practice once the Christmas lil is over. I don’t think either way one of the clubs are in bad shape off the field. It fact it’s probably never been better.

Ours have been on sale at this time of the year for a number of years whereas they have after Vlad stuck to May. We have a rolling 12 month year, they have just gone to a 10 month year. We have a seven figure reserve in our accounts because of our accounting practise they dont.

We are in rude health...they are on steriods and supplements

wallpaperman
19-03-2018, 03:25 PM
And i see that they gave away many hundreds of free tickets for the Patrick game via their charity (which is why crowd was not sub 17k).

Are they just stealing all our ideas now? :-)

Jack Hackett
19-03-2018, 04:01 PM
And i see that they gave away many hundreds of free tickets for the Patrick game via their charity (which is why crowd was not sub 17k).

Come on... It's not like they've a history of stealing things. The very idea :rolleyes:

19-03-2018, 04:02 PM
If you google Tynecastle Nursery you can find the latest news update, well March 2018.

It says they have been consulting with Hearts and still aim to move to new nursery in August 2018.

So at least 2 months after the deadline contractually agreed with the council.

CapitalGreen
19-03-2018, 04:04 PM

Is it true they sold the tickets to their charity before the charity handed them out for free?

Aldo
19-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Now correct me if I am wrong but for weeks maybe even months I have been told by yams in my acquaintance that ‘ALL’ yes ‘ALL’ the finances were/are in place for this sooper dooper all singing/dancing bestest stand in the world.

Now I am bemused at this and queried as to why work had stopped considering it was nowhere near completion. I mentioned that this to me indicated that there was a ‘funding’ gap and that they had no money to finish it.

Apparently the Nursery is now the priority and Work will commence on that before anything else.

For me all the signs of a club being skint are on show and they are going to have to find even more cash to

Add a media shed
Remove the Control room
Sort out the flaws

All this money and it’s nowhere near completion and to think for the same cost as the mega stand we have built a double tiered main stand, the east stand - with a capacity over 20k and is UEFA/FIFA compliant and our own training centre.

This sticks in their throats but will never ever admit it.

Let the embarrassment continue as for me they are a laughing stock in my eyes. More than 14 months to get to this stage where Spurs have nearly built a whole stadium!

Keep up the good work

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Over on Brokeback they are querying why their season ticket sales are starting two full months early. Classic signs of a "cash flow event".

1. They are having to completely rejig the Gorgie Library project to rectify the mistakes made by Clydesdale.

2. They have to find close on £400k to build the nursery and have it handed over within 3 months

3.The suckers cannot be suckered out of extra cash in their non-existant hospitality suites.

9. The "golden" generation were crafted from fools gold and not worth a brass farthing between them.

10. The good Doctor has spent the grandkids inheritance and the family are revolting.

Other than that they are financially sound and awash with the resources to bring in 9 new players in the summer and pay off the duds.How's their share issue going?

Kato
19-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Now correct me if I am wrong but for weeks maybe even months I have been told by yams in my acquaintance that ‘ALL’ yes ‘ALL’ the finances were/are in place for this sooper dooper all singing/dancing bestest stand in the world.

Now I am bemused at this and queried as to why work had stopped considering it was nowhere near completion. I mentioned that this to me indicated that there was a ‘funding’ gap and that they had no money to finish it.

Apparently the Nursery is now the priority and Work will commence on that before anything else.

For me all the signs of a club being skint are on show and they are going to have to find even more cash to

Add a media shed
Remove the Control room
Sort out the flaws

All this money and it’s nowhere near completion and to think for the same cost as the mega stand we have built a double tiered main stand, the east stand - with a capacity over 20k and is UEFA/FIFA compliant and our own training centre.

Let the embarrassment continue as for me they are a laughing stock in my eyes. More than 14 months to get to this stage where Spurs have nearly built a whole stadium!

Keep up the good work

Aye but escamalators though.

One Day Soon
19-03-2018, 07:41 PM

Other than that they are financially sound and awash with the resources to bring in 9 new players in the summer and pay off the duds.

Just splendid reading.

jacomo
19-03-2018, 08:00 PM

Yet more broken promises from Budge.

‘Hoping’ to be done by August doesn’t sound good.

jacomo
19-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Add a media shed
Remove the Control room
Sort out the flaws

Keep up the good work

Was this inevitable?

I suppose they could have asked the questions we were asking at the outset of this project, but better to shout down the vermin spoon burners and trust all will be fine.

How long does this thread have to run? It should have been wrapped up months ago!!

Eyrie
19-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Was this inevitable?

I suppose they could have asked the questions we were asking at the outset of this project, but better to shout down the vermin spoon burners and trust all will be fine.

How long does this thread have to run? It should have been wrapped up months ago!!

Given how quickly that stand is being built, I'd say this thread is only 30% complete.

Springbank
19-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Given how quickly that stand is being built, I'd say this thread is only 30% complete.

I'd say given the rust that is showing after just 6 months that this thread is in the rudest of health with a long time to run yet...

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Given how quickly that stand is being built, I'd say this thread is only 30% complete.Indeed, it's starting to rust and corrode already. And we've still got to watch a nursery being built.

Jack
19-03-2018, 09:32 PM

Aww naw!!! ... another 1,000 page yamthread! ;-)

------------------

The reason the nursery needs to be completed is because they are contractually obliged by a third party, albeit the council.

If they can't find the half million to get that done (must be the plushest nursery in the UK at that price) AND complete the rest of their stadium it suggests to me there's nothing left in the cow.

One Day Soon
19-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Christ, what's wrong with these incompetent pink idiots?

I'm 53 and my son is 11 - I'll brief him on the thread and inform him of his long term obligations to take over for me after I'm gone. I suggest you all do the same, this thread looks like it's going to become inter-generational...

19-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Aww naw!!! ... another 1,000 page yamthread! ;-)

------------------

The reason the nursery needs to be completed is because they are contractually obliged by a third party, albeit the council.

If they can't find the half million to get that done (must be the plushest nursery in the UK at that price) AND complete the rest of their stadium it suggests to me there's nothing left in the cow.

If they don't have the money to complete the nursery on time then could it be deemed that by making Naismith and the other January transfers a priority then they have maybe chosen to operate outwith their means and effectively use other people's money to buy "success" on the pitch?

Maybe Doctor Budge could loan the club the £500k to get the nursery built on time and then recoup the money from season ticket sales.

Eyrie
19-03-2018, 10:14 PM
If they don't have the money to complete the nursery on time then could it be deemed that by making Naismith and the other January transfers a priority then they have maybe chosen to operate outwith their means and effectively use other people's money to buy "success" on the pitch?

Maybe Doctor Budge could loan the club the £500k to get the nursery built on time and then recoup the money from season ticket sales.
And she'll receive 6.2% interest on her newest loan.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Maybe Doctor Budge could loan the club the £500k to get the nursery built on time and then recoup the money from season ticket sales.Very good points and the whole mess could easily be avoided if the good doctor just decided to raise some money by having a share issue.

Oh wait a minute. .

PatHead
20-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Look it is only 486 days since they started work on the new stand. These things take time to do it properly.

Kato
20-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Look it is only 486 days since they started work on the new stand. These things take time to do it properly.

There are Hearts fans out there who think the thing is finished and the £15,000,000 has been spent.

Its' not and it hasn't.

Budge must have that Cambridge Analytica lot doing there PR.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Their new stand is rank. It’s better than the crumbling wreck but it’s an actual tip. We know it and deep down they will too.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2018, 05:37 PM
I think Tynecaste looks good squared off now, The atmosphere in derbies is always something I enjoy.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 05:42 PM
I think Tynecaste looks good squared off now, The atmosphere in derbies is always something I enjoy.

It’s a tip close to the pitch. Let’s call it what it is. Not even designed that way on purpose for their atmosphere, built on the cheap with nowhere to expand.

Deansy
20-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Indeed, it's starting to rust and corrode already. And we've still got to watch a nursery being built.

I really hope the council/nursery have some say in the materials that will be used in the build - last thing anyone wants is children being based in a smaller version of their stand ?

There are Hearts fans out there who think the thing is finished and the £15,000,000 has been spent.

Its' not and it hasn't.

Budge must have that Cambridge Analytica lot doing there PR.

With the Jambos collective IQ she'll use her usual (and much cheaper) tool to capture 'Hearts and minds' - the EEN's 'All-is' !

Famous Fiver
20-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Perhaps CWG can enlighten us on how to identify through a study of their accounts if we can get a handle on how much they have spent so far? I realise it may not be appearing in any accounts yet.

I am not sure the start and end date of their financial year, when accounts have been/will be lodged, and I take it we will have to add up cumulative costs if it is taking them over a year to complete. In my opinion the final figure is nowhere near reached yet. Might take years to find out.

My guess is £16/17 million. Is there any way they can disguise some of the expenditure under repairs and maintenance, for example?

Do they have Budget and Actual columns so that the overspend can be identified so they can find out where they went over the original estimate of £12 Million? In percentage terms can it be put in the same box as the trams for percentage overspend?

A thousand questions. I wonder if anyone will ask them at their regular FOH meetings?

Over to you CWG. How long is a piece of string?

Oh, and it was going to be finished last August iirc.

Mantis Toboggan
20-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Perhaps CWG can enlighten us on how to identify through a study of their accounts if we can get a handle on how much they have spent so far? I realise it may not be appearing in any accounts yet.

I am not sure the start and end date of their financial year, when accounts have been/will be lodged, and I take it we will have to add up cumulative costs if it is taking them over a year to complete. In my opinion the final figure is nowhere near reached yet. Might take years to find out.

My guess is £16/17 million. Is there any way they can disguise some of the expenditure under repairs and maintenance, for example?

Do they have Budget and Actual columns so that the overspend can be identified so they can find out where they went over the original estimate of £12 Million? In percentage terms can it be put in the same box as the trams for percentage overspend?

A thousand questions. I wonder if anyone will ask them at their regular FOH meetings?

If they stuck much of it through their income statement it would be pretty obvious from doing a year on year comparison.

BSEJVT
20-03-2018, 06:35 PM

So you think Tynecastle looks good squared off, but cant find any positives over your move to Musselburgh on the PM thread?

As they say there is nowt stranger than folk

Hiber-nation
20-03-2018, 06:38 PM
So you think Tynecastle looks good squared off, but cant find any positives over your move to Musselburgh on the PM thread?

As they say there is nowt stranger than folk

:tee hee:

Joe6-2
20-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Surely the council will ask questions? 🙄

Keith_M
20-03-2018, 06:52 PM

See, we all knew you were a Yam!

:wink:

Bostonhibby
20-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Surely the council will ask questions? [emoji849]How can we help you out of this one? Is likely to be high up the cooncils list of questions.

kaimendhibs
20-03-2018, 08:13 PM
I think Tynecaste looks good squared off now, The atmosphere in derbies is always something I enjoy.I enjoy it from our end G but the only time you hear them is if they are winning. Nothing better than Hibs end getting it right round them. Imo the new stand makes the pitch look even smaller

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

20-03-2018, 09:14 PM
How can we help you out of this one? Is likely to be high up the cooncils list of questions.

Maybe if they focused less of their time on helping out the Jambos then they wouldn't forget the things they're supposed to be doing like putting into action their plans for tackling motorbike crime. You know, the sort of worthwhile things tax payers like us would expect our money to be spent on.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Maybe if they focused less of their time on helping out the Jambos then they wouldn't forget the things they're supposed to be doing like putting into action their plans for tackling motorbike crime. You know, the sort of worthwhile things tax payers like us would expect our money to be spent on.Fair point but that looks a bit beyond them, last trip up it didn't look like they had even cracked bin emptying yet.

Greenfly
20-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Christ, what's wrong with these incompetent pink idiots?

I'm 53 and my son is 11 - I'll brief him on the thread and inform him of his long term obligations to take over for me after I'm gone. I suggest you all do the same, this thread looks like it's going to become inter-generational...

I'd do the same but my son's also my dad or is it my brother? That's because my sister and my wife are also my mum ... or something like that ... Sorry, it's a Hobo thing apparently.

green day
21-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Maybe if they focused less of their time on helping out the Jambos then they wouldn't forget the things they're supposed to be doing like putting into action their plans for tackling motorbike crime. You know, the sort of worthwhile things tax payers like us would expect our money to be spent on.

You would expect the council to deal with motorcycle crime?

Sure it's not a police matter?

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 06:52 AM

Yeah it looks decent as any modern stadium should. Still not a patch on Easter Road.

Alan62
21-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Latest update from auld Annie. All is, indeed, barry. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6600

Geo_1875
21-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Latest update from auld Annie. All is, indeed, barry. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6600

The worst written pile of wind and pish topped off by the scariest photo I've seen in a long time.

greenginger
21-03-2018, 08:16 AM

Reading that, I guess the anonymous donors will have to be tapped up again.

Famous Fiver
21-03-2018, 08:18 AM
More questions than answers.

How much has the stand cost so far? How much has still to be spent? How has the project gone over budget and not been delivered to pre start timescale? Not a word on these points.

If I was funding this project I think I would be asking some pertinent questions, not meekly accepting her blandishments.

And they wonder why we laugh at them?

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 08:29 AM

Season ticket now on sale, is this not early for them?

Edit, 15th May last year
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5931

Liberal Hibby
21-03-2018, 08:29 AM

Anyone have the foggiest what this sentence means?

I find it hard to believe it is now 6 months since I gave a full briefing – albeit, I hope our regular updates on specifics have ensured the big picture continues to be well understood.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 08:31 AM

An attempt at an "upbeat" statement to coincide with ST sales time, they're being ordered to acknowledge that allisbarry in the football department, if that's how they measure success you've got to hope the doctor budge and doctor football combination stick with it.

Don't really know where to begin on the position re the 8th wonder of the world stand so you've got to think the fans are happy given their silence.

A nice wordy missive basically telling them they've got a stand to finish somehow but its okay because of the progress in the football department. Pleasing, as they say.

Oscar T Grouch
21-03-2018, 08:35 AM
What an uninspiring campaign slogan “backing”
Compared to the last few Hibs ST campaigns it is pathetic and they should be looking at their marketing department. “Backing” is ambiguous, at least they could have gone for “backing your team”.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 08:35 AM
Anyone have the foggiest what this sentence means?

I find it hard to believe it is now 6 months since I gave a full briefing – albeit, I hope our regular updates on specifics have ensured the big picture continues to be well understood.

I either forgot to tell you anything on the scale of my previous statements, or I chose not to but hopefully you picked up on the one off statements I've made regardless? Because I can I am making the assumption that you are all capable of working out what's going on especially since it has been so clearly explained.

Now buy some season tickets.

GreenCastle
21-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Read the above and then read her last statement on 27th Oct 2017 - http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6291

Previous :fibber::fibber:

Control Room.. We will not be carrying out this work for the initial opening as we have scheduled this to be completed over the winter break......:cb

The Main Stand concourse is now complete and joins up with the Gorgie concourse - (THE CONCOURSE STILL ISN'T COMPLETE ANN)
The latest article basically says they are skint and need more money for anything else to be sorted..she tries to spin it in the final part but lost count how many times she says “backing”.

Going to be an expensive few months at the Tiny Library - Edinburgh's smallest football stadium and pitch :faf:

Caversham Green
21-03-2018, 08:53 AM

The expenditure appears in Tangible Fixed Assets, initially under the heading 'Assets in the course of construction' but now that the stand is in use it will probably go straight into 'Land and buildings freehold'. As at 30 June 2017 expenditure under the first heading totalled £6.912m of which £1.4m was transferred to the second heading.

The accounts to 30 June 2018 will probably be available in the Autumn and we're unlikely to hear how much has been spent before then.

Kato
21-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Please be assured that we will continue to invest in our various programmes and indeed in our supporting infrastructure …both physical and in people terms …at Riccarton.

I wonder what they are building at Riccarton?

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Please be assured that we will continue to invest in our various programmes and indeed in our supporting infrastructure …both physical and in people terms …at Riccarton.

People by the sounds of it

therealgavmac
21-03-2018, 08:58 AM
I'd do the same but my son's also my dad or is it my brother? That's because my sister and my wife are also my mum ... or something like that ... Sorry, it's a Hobo thing apparently.

Shouldn’t you be our selling pegs instead of being here wasting time posting messages...... you won’t be able to feed your junkie habit you know!!

Kato
21-03-2018, 09:00 AM
People by the sounds of it

SoO The Rangers are Zombies and the gunts are Frankenstein's monsters.

21-03-2018, 09:03 AM
You would expect the council to deal with motorcycle crime?

Sure it's not a police matter?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/council-leader-sorry-he-forgot-about-motorbike-crime-plan-1-4706610

Here's the story I was referring to, they completely forgot about their action plan.

One Day Soon
21-03-2018, 09:04 AM
SoO The Rangers are Zombies and the gunts are Frankenstein's monsters.

'Zombies and Monsters' would make a great title for an alternative history of Scottish football.

hibbyfraelibby
21-03-2018, 09:06 AM

What a load of pathetic, late night post session drivel.

The Yams of course will see this a "backing" their belief in the sainted doctors stewardship but in reality its a list of significant financial problems requiring more cash than their coffers can currently support so they need to get 2018/19 season ticket money in early, at increased prices, just to meet 2017/18 expenditure.

This is an "amber" alert to the Yams that expectations should be lowered, the ovens fired up and more poppies sold.

A hidden gem is the painting the metalwork in the new stand...it is rusting because they specified the wrong metal finish (i.e. none) and now its rusting they need to waste more scarce cash.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 09:09 AM

Oh, and it was going to be finished last August iirc.Short of getting Cambridge Analytica to "harvest" (this week's word) their financial data, there's no way of knowing any of that. Their accounts date is the summer (June IIRC), so the 2017 accounts only show the cash spent up until then.

We'll have to wait until the end of this calendar year to find out how much they've spent this season.

Until then, it's open season for informed guesses, speculation and bull**** [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 09:09 AM
What a load of pathetic, late night post session drivel.

The Yams of course will see this a "backing" their belief in the sainted doctors stewardship but in reality its a list of significant financial problems requiring more cash than their coffers can currently support so they need to get 2018/19 season ticket money in early, at increased prices, just to meet 2017/18 expenditure.

This is an "amber" alert to the Yams that expectations should be lowered, the ovens fired up and more poppies sold.

A hidden gem is the painting the metalwork in the new stand...it is rusting because they specified the wrong metal finish (i.e. none) and now its rusting they need to waste more scarce cash.

Pricing plan, as always, is interesting

Kato
21-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Exactly. "We need to paint this now its seen all that rainfall."

I said ages ago on this thread that left to their own devices they were the most cack-handed club in Scottish football. This whole project, even half finished, shows that to be true.

Not In The Know
21-03-2018, 09:41 AM

I notice she never mentioned anything about prices being the same as last year. Have they gone up?

Ozyhibby
21-03-2018, 09:42 AM

My tickets in section 40 in the east cost me £520 for myself and my 11 year old.
If I was a Yam :jamboak:the equivalent seats in the Wheatfield would cost me £715.

It's expensive being a Yam.

Steven79
21-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I notice she never mentioned anything about prices being the same as last year. Have they gone up?

The prices have went up and they have done away with the under 13's so now it's either under 11 or under 16 so any child that is 12 is now double the price.

greenginger
21-03-2018, 09:48 AM
My tickets in section 40 in the east cost me £520 for myself and my 11 year old.
If I was a Yam :jamboak:the equivalent seats in the Wheatfield would cost me £715.

It's expensive being a Yam.

Yeah, but you would get to see the Big team at the Edinburgh Emirates ! :greengrin

Steven79
21-03-2018, 09:54 AM

https://i.imgur.com/1e8Pcw8.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/EQzDcTF.jpg

Ozyhibby
Their prices are up 10%. Thats quite a hike.

Billy Whizz

From a Jambo season ticket holder
For years now it been u13 for season tickets for £50 now they’ve changed to u11 that will £55 and £110 big jumpin prices

I noticed that as well. It's a steep increase with an 11 and 12 year old both now in the Platinum U16 category!!

For myself and a 14, 12 and 11 year old, I'm looking at a cost of £1155 for next season!!

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 09:55 AM

That’s what you have to pay for a “ hoof ball” style of football

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Is their collective patting on the back for breaking even taking into consideration the mystery backing they have had for however millions? They probably owe it to themselves anyway.

That statement looks to me like one big massive guilt trip and self praising of the people in charge of them ie Budge and Potter.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but you would get to see the Big team at the Edinburgh Emirates ! :greengrinCorrect so long as you are not paying top money for one of their unique famous atmospheric restricted view seats that seem to have become a built in design feature. If you are one of the special people you get to see a bit of the big team.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Looks like the hybrid pitch has been downgraded to a quality new pitch. [emoji3]

jacomo
21-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Why oh why the continual use of... speech marks for “backing”... near unreadable.

Judging by this “update”... this thread is going to run and run.

I also think she’s putting pressure on Levein here: he’d best deliver lots of promising young players into the First Team squad.

jacomo
21-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Looks like the hybrid pitch has been downgraded to a quality new pitch. [emoji3]

Over promise, under deliver. It’s the Jambo way.

Dashing Bob S
21-03-2018, 10:23 AM
That’s what you have to pay for a “ hoof ball” style of football

On the positive side, many of the seats are restricted view.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 10:24 AM
On the positive side, many of the seats are restricted view.

Do you mean looking upwards

MB62
21-03-2018, 10:38 AM
I also think she’s putting pressure on Levein here: he’d best deliver lots of promising young players into the First Team squad.

I thought she was hinting to the Yams that, of these 10 new players that H.P. has been going on about during the close season, 07 of them will have to be more young lads from their youth set up. Some of them will be fine for short periods but over a season, they will struggle again.

calumhibee1
21-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Claiming there league position on the fact they played so many away games in a row without then acknowlodging that they’re squared up now home and away games wise. Your league position is because you’re crap ya clown, no cause you played more away games earlier in the season - something that you requested by the way.

hibbyfraelibby
21-03-2018, 10:47 AM
The prices have went up and they have done away with the under 13's so now it's either under 11 or under 16 so any child that is 12 is now double the price.

Not just the child that is 12yo. An 11yo is also caught by Budgie's New Stand Stealth Tax. Under 11 means a child still in P7 is paying the same as a teenager twice the size in S3. Add to that no early bird discound some ticket holders are facing 20% increases and kids 100% even those who paid the £100 conned out of money for the no price increase guarantee. Old habits die hard down next to the Gorgie Highways Depot.

Destroying your future fan base by pillaging their parents pockets is real short term thinking.

green day
21-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Woof ! I think the auld bird has surpassed herself here -

It is, as always, pretty much a stream of consciousness, doesnt appear to be edited in any coherent way and as always is grammatically messy.

Her use of "inverted commas" is always funny, but when she uses it to ask for supporters backing to renew season tickets earlier, verges on parody.

Main Stand - so, I think I have this right.....

Phase 1 (wtf!!) is just basically snagging the current shambles.
Phase 2 appears to be pulling out all the stops to open our first supporters bar and coffee shop in the main stand, along with our new retail shop and ticket office but with no solid dates there - natch.
Phase 3 is work on the 2nd floor or indeed to the top floor restaurant. This is all at the planning stage at present and as soon as these plans are finalised

Followed by another begging note!

It sounds like they need money to do all the work above - How is this even possible, she assured them all the money was in place for the mega project, and later in this update tells them the finances are broadly ok??????

Oh ma sides :lolyam:

EH54
21-03-2018, 10:48 AM
I don't pay much attention to Hearts but I don't think there league position has changed all that much even when they were playing majority away from home. They aren't better than either of the sides above them so its hardly a reason they are sitting 6th

green day
21-03-2018, 10:52 AM

My main stand ticket will cost me £380 (ok thats early bird).

Tynecastle equivalent is £495 !!!

dangermouse
21-03-2018, 10:55 AM
WTF does
We are approximately 2 years away from becoming the largest fan-owned Club in the UK. With your continued “backing”, we will, together, make history. really mean? Does that mean they will surpass our level of fan ownership (where you actually get a share certificate :greengrin)

EH54
21-03-2018, 10:56 AM
@dangermouse (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?4071-dangermouse) I'm sure it was 2 Years 3 Years ago all part of the 5 year plan

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 10:57 AM
WTF does really mean? Does that mean they will surpass our level of fan ownership (where you actually get a share certificate :greengrin)

FOH already have a higher percentage of the share ownership than HSL.

I'm not sure where the overall fan ownership percentage sits.

IIRC, the plan is to transfer a further block this summer, which would take the FOH ownership to about 35%.

However, to answer your question.... nae scoobie :greengrin

SteveHFC
21-03-2018, 11:01 AM
In 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

NAE NOOKIE
21-03-2018, 11:02 AM

So.

Work on the 2nd floor and restaurant are "still at the planning stage" .... What? ...... Over a year since demolition of the old stand commenced and plans for the layout and fitting of two floors aren't even finalised, never mind work started on them, somebody is taking the piss :faf:

"we are about to start the painting project on all the metalwork in the new stand, this is not a small undertaking" ........ surely you paint steel before you put it in place, not after. What a cock up :faf:

And my favourite .... "and a final decision will be taken on what type of pitch we need to lay" ..... Wait a minute, hadn't we all decided it was to be a super duper Arsenal type hybrid pitch? I can see it now, you get a letter asking you to renew your ST and a packet of seeds enclosed to grow a part of the new pitch in your back garden for later transfer to the rust arena where it will be joined with the others .... the biggest 'fan grown' pitch in Europe :faf:

Celebrating having full electricity connected months after the stand was opened .... having to re jig the bogs coz they couldn't even get that right :faf:

The amount of money wasted on this project has to be substantial and they are stiffing their fans to pay for it. They start threads every year on JKB speculating that we are skint coz of when we start our ST campaign. They have their owner on the official site admitting they need the fans cash early because they need it to ensure they can finish something they should have had done, dusted, and paid for months ago.

Incompetent doesn't even begin to cover it :lolyam:

G B Young
21-03-2018, 11:24 AM
So.

Work on the 2nd floor and restaurant are "still at the planning stage" .... What? ...... Over a year since demolition of the old stand commenced and plans for the layout and fitting of two floors aren't even finalised, never mind work started on them, somebody is taking the piss :faf:

"we are about to start the painting project on all the metalwork in the new stand, this is not a small undertaking" ........ surely you paint steel before you put it in place, not after. What a cock up :faf:

And my favourite .... "and a final decision will be taken on what type of pitch we need to lay" ..... Wait a minute, hadn't we all decided it was to be a super duper Arsenal type hybrid pitch? I can see it now, you get a letter asking you to renew your ST and a packet of seeds enclosed to grow a part of the new pitch in your back garden for later transfer to the rust arena where it will be joined with the others .... the biggest 'fan grown' pitch in Europe :faf:

Celebrating having full electricity connected months after the stand was opened .... having to re jig the bogs coz they couldn't even get that right :faf:

The amount of money wasted on this project has to be substantial and they are stiffing their fans to pay for it. They start threads every year on JKB speculating that we are skint coz of when we start our ST campaign. They have their owner on the official site admitting they need the fans cash early because they need it to ensure they can finish something they should have had done, dusted, and paid for months ago.

Incompetent doesn't even begin to cover it :lolyam:

The steelwork is the one that jumped out at me. Unbelievable. Presumably in order to do the job properly (ie sand down all the rust and ensure uniform coverage of all the steel) they would have to remove all the seats? Can you see that happening? Unlikely in the extreme.

Kato
21-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Presumably in order to do the job properly

:faf:

(ie sand down all the rust and ensure uniform coverage of all the steel) they would have to remove all the seats? Can you see that happening? Unlikely in the extreme.

Budge'll bodge it. :aok:

Geo_1875
21-03-2018, 11:33 AM
So if it's basically still a building site how did they get a safety certificate?

Thecat23
21-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Budged it 😁

Ozyhibby
21-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Walk up prices for the yams will need to be £28. [emoji106]

Elephant Stone
21-03-2018, 11:53 AM
A tough run against Premiership sides took us to the Quarter-Final stage of the Scottish Cup; our first appearance there since 2012. Losing to Motherwell was a blow to “our dreams” but rest assured, we go again next season, with renewed efforts to reach Hampden!

Since returning “home”, the boys have indeed tried hard to make Tynecastle “the fortress” of times gone by, as evidenced by the fact that we are still unbeaten since coming “home”. I can assure you that everyone here is totally focussed on securing a top 6 finish!

Hooray! Just makes you want to twirl a scarf right above your head.

Kojock
21-03-2018, 11:56 AM
This bit jumped out at me, "I can assure you that everyone here is totally focussed on securing a top 6 finish!"

What happened to fighting Aberdeen for 2nd place and playing in Europe?

21-03-2018, 11:58 AM
The worst written pile of wind and pish topped off by the scariest photo I've seen in a long time.

She is an IT "expert", has she worked out how to use the spelling and grammar check function yet?

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 11:59 AM
This bit jumped out at me, "I can assure you that everyone here is totally focussed on securing a top 6 finish!"

What happened to fighting Aberdeen for 2nd place and playing in Europe?Revisionism.

The stands completion date keeps moving for a variety of reasons.

The nursery that was to be done by June now seems to have been revised to August.

The revised target for football success is winning a top 6 place.

All this in the same season as they paint the newly rusting new stand. Success indeed.

GreenLake
21-03-2018, 12:03 PM

But they are training to hoof the ball 20% higher next season.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2018, 12:10 PM
What an uninspiring campaign slogan “backing”
Compared to the last few Hibs ST campaigns it is pathetic and they should be looking at their marketing department. “Backing” is ambiguous, at least they could have gone for “backing your team”.

‘Eye watering prices for eye bleeding football’ would have been a more accurate slogan.

Oscar T Grouch
21-03-2018, 12:11 PM
The problem with bringing their ST sales forward due to cash flow problems is the same as getting a cash advance on your salary, it fixes the immediate problem but it needs to be paid back and your left short again the next month. I would imagine that they will be skint again this time next year or probably sooner given the commitments that they have to meet (continued stand works, nursery needing built, new pitch needing installed, including drainage and water systems and not forgetting their squad needing 10 players according to the DoF/Manager, oh and I think they're investing in their training ground and staff at Riccarton too). :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
21-03-2018, 12:12 PM
‘Eye watering prices for eye bleeding football’ would have been a more accurate slogan.

Marketers never tell the truth :wink:

Elephant Stone
21-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Walk up prices for the yams will need to be £28. [emoji106]

The boys gave it a really "good try" this season and for that we all should be saying "well done". The innovative footballing brains of Ann Budge and Craig Levein have put an entertaining system in place, price rises will be welcome.

Hooray for the boys!!

Billy Whizz
21-03-2018, 12:14 PM
The problem with bringing their ST sales forward due to cash flow problems is the same as getting a cash advance on your salary, it fixes the immediate problem but it needs to be paid back and your left short again the next month. I would imagine that they will be skint again this time next year or probably sooner given the commitments that they have to meet (continued stand works, nursery needing built, new pitch needing installed, including drainage and water systems and not forgetting their squad needing 10 players according to the DoF/Manager, oh and I think they're investing in their training ground and staff at Riccarton too). :greengrin

Probably thinking of using the money to improve the pool, get a great start in the League, and the suckers will turn up again in good numbers!
That’s my thinking on their strategy anyway

Oscar T Grouch
21-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Probably thinking of using the money to improve the pool, get a great start in the League, and the suckers will turn up again in good numbers!
That’s my thinking on their strategy anyway

A proven strategy of failure or at its best a long shot gamble, so it sounds like a brilliant plan for them :greengrin

ScottB
21-03-2018, 12:18 PM
So if it's basically still a building site how did they get a safety certificate?

Same way they got one for the crumbling, asbestos filled one?

HibbySpurs
21-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Hahahaha... Reading that made another wise dreary lunch break most entertaining.....

Weren't the yams going on about us releasing ST'S early (even though we do it same time every year) as an indication we were in financial soapy bubble (they wish).... To be fair to the old budgie at least she is up front about and is begging the deluded to "fill up the coffers" so they can afford a new pitch......

All is indeed barry.... Unless your a yam.....

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 12:26 PM
A tough run against Premiership sides took us to the Quarter-Final stage of the Scottish Cup; our first appearance there since 2012. Losing to Motherwell was a blow to “our dreams” but rest assured, we go again next season, with renewed efforts to reach Hampden!

Since returning “home”, the boys have indeed tried hard to make Tynecastle “the fortress” of times gone by, as evidenced by the fact that we are still unbeaten since coming “home”. I can assure you that everyone here is totally focussed on securing a top 6 finish!

Hooray! Just makes you want to twirl a scarf right above your head.

What melt said all that?

CropleyisGod
21-03-2018, 12:28 PM

The standard of the English is poor. Words in quotation marks when the meaning is clear and understood (for example "backing" which means, ermm, backing; "our dream" which presumably means 'our dream'). The multiple uses of the word 'our' instead of 'the'. Whoever they are employing to write the 'wind and pish' should be sacked.

Elephant Stone
21-03-2018, 12:29 PM
What melt said all that?

The part in italics was Budge, the bit about twirling scarfs was me.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Did he just call you a melt?

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 12:31 PM

What a cuddly, fluffy wee football club they are. No edge or backbone anywhere from top to bottom. Soft as sh*t. Celebrating a quarter final and trying hard. Deary me.

I'd be livid if Rod or Leeann came out with pish like that

HibbySpurs
21-03-2018, 12:40 PM
The steelwork is the one that jumped out at me. Unbelievable. Presumably in order to do the job properly (ie sand down all the rust and ensure uniform coverage of all the steel) they would have to remove all the seats? Can you see that happening? Unlikely in the extreme.

Paint splatter everywhere....

I really hope that they aren't talking about intumescent paint here to fire protect the steelwork???? Nah, they wouldn't have got a safety certificate if that wasn't applied....

What a shambles though.... At best the finished paintwork should have been factory applied prior to delivery and erection or at least painted during the construction work in-situ and prior to other finishes being attached to the structure (be that cladding on structural steel or glazing to balustrades etc.)

The benefits of saving a few hundred K by not employing a main contractor are well seen on this project..... Dear oh dear....

Velma Dinkley
21-03-2018, 12:49 PM
The eventual possibility of fan ownership is a huge threat to the existence of Hearts FC. While the club was massively overspending its way to the grave the fans were cheering, gloating and twirling their scarves. The idea that they somehow saved their club is a myth, which they fabricated to try to make themselves feel better and generate unwarranted sympathy. If Hearts fans ever actually own their club there will be nobody to save them after they try to cheat their way to success, and they will all be far too busy twirling as their club dies.

Jack
21-03-2018, 12:50 PM

The only thing they've built at Riccarton is a huge debt they didn't pay!

Scott Allan Key
21-03-2018, 12:55 PM
My main stand ticket will cost me £380 (ok thats early bird).

Tynecastle equivalent is £495 !!!

There is more than financial reasons obviously but it is one reason why new and absent fans, including families are coming to ER this season. We’re attractive, generally.

Elephant Stone
21-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Did he just call you a melt?

:tee hee:

What a cuddly, fluffy wee football club they are. No edge or backbone anywhere from top to bottom. Soft as sh*t. Celebrating a quarter final and trying hard. Deary me.

I'd be livid if Rod or Leeann came out with pish like that

They have been going about their business in a pretty calamitous way for a while so maybe she just is genuinely pleased that they have achieved some mid-table security.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2018, 01:08 PM
They have had to paint the white press tables at the front of the new stand as well. They are maroon now. I don’t think their new stand is going to be as low maintenance as they hoped.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 01:09 PM
There is more than financial reasons obviously but it is one reason why new and absent fans, including families are coming to ER this season. We’re attractive, generally.Certainly the case in my wider family. Our family yams wife and daughters go to ER and are hibbies, My cousin who is the only hun in our entire family takes his daughter to ER as he is " fed up of all the sectarian hate stuff" even comes to ER with me.

The future's green and white.

fat freddy
21-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Throwing light on the pitch and her plans for the future..

A (nother) major undertaking

Who taught her to spell?

Surely its either 'A major undertaking' or 'Another major undertaking' ?

Never seen A (nother) used in my puff.

Mantis Toboggan
21-03-2018, 01:28 PM
English not her strong point then.
Along with project management, dress sense, etc.
Would expect better from a "Doctor".

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Who taught her to spell?

That's E (nough) of that

Tynie01011973
21-03-2018, 01:51 PM
"A loan at say 6% per annum (to pluck a number from the air!) would IMO be very much worthwhile if needed to bridge the funding gap. I think if the club offered an interest bearing facility at say 6% per annum over 3 to 5 years in the form for example of a 500 club scheme this would be readily snapped up by fans - certainly none of my savings attract as good a

One of the Muppets come up with this idea to fund their cash pleas 😁

Like the good Doctor is gonna offer a 6%pa return on any loans the fans might make.

hibbyfraelibby
21-03-2018, 02:07 PM
"A loan at say 6% per annum (to pluck a number from the air!) would IMO be very much worthwhile if needed to bridge the funding gap. I think if the club offered an interest bearing facility at say 6% per annum over 3 to 5 years in the form for example of a 500 club scheme this would be readily snapped up by fans - certainly none of my savings attract as good a

One of the Muppets come up with this idea to fund their cash pleas 😁

Like the good Doctor is gonna offer a 6%pa return on any loans the fans might make.

So lets get this right someone wants to give their club a loan at 6% to pay off loans from the good lady doctor owner already attacting a 6% premium. When yo7 compound those interest rates over 3 ro 5 years you are into payday loan levels of repayment. They have not learned that now they dont owe it to Lithianian pensioners they need to sell more poppies...😉😉😉

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Yeah it looks decent as any modern stadium should. Still not a patch on Easter Road.

Naw, it looks a *****hole from the front, inside and from the castle too. Horrible monstrosity, only a gimp would like to watch their football from.

hibbyfraelibby
21-03-2018, 02:14 PM
"Looks like our season tickets are generally cheaper than Hibs."

Belter from resident Brokeback roaster Flogel.

They are actually 30% more expensive at the Rust Bucket Arena and they wonder why their sums dont add up.

Daydreamer
21-03-2018, 02:19 PM

Ask John mcNeill at Edinburgh Council. Was Hearts season ticket for years. Not sure now but still attends games. He is and was culpible for issuing the ones last November

Jones28
21-03-2018, 02:46 PM

To summarise;

We need more cash to finish the stand

We need YOUR money to lay a new pitch

We are half through our 3-phase stand construction which will be nearly 2 years in the making by the time it's finished

All deadlines are as tight as a ducks arse - expect delays and further letters asking for more money

Our youth products are being chucked in to games too soon because we have no cash to sign players

Kato
21-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Who taught her to spell?

But it's A(nn) Budge though.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 02:55 PM
First QF since 2012 lol

I'm not really sure Ann Budge "gets it"

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 02:58 PM
So lets get this right someone wants to give their club a loan at 6% to pay off loans from the good lady doctor owner already attacting a 6% premium. When yo7 compound those interest rates over 3 ro 5 years you are into payday loan levels of repayment. They have not learned that now they dont owe it to Lithianian pensioners they need to sell more poppies...[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]Presses play.

"She's not charging them interest just now."

Presses stop.

[emoji41]

Jones28
21-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Someone on kickback greetin at the statement 😂😂😂

Jack Hackett
21-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Someone on kickback greetin at the statement 😂😂😂

Tears of pride? From a balcony in Bulgaria? Touching

EH54
21-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Two weeks ago. JKB - Hibs are on the brink of financial trouble which is why they have put STs on sale this early.

Now JKB - Great statement Anne budge the savior

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Ann Budge season 2018/19 targets in order of priority..

1. Open coffee shop in main stand.
2. Buy another maroon tartan dress for next interview
3. Ask supporters for more money
4. Install new drainage system under pitch
5. Introduce more youngsters into the first team regardless of ability
6. Secure a top six finish and reach another QF

Plan!

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Ann Budge season 2018/19 targets in order of priority..

1. Open coffee shop in main stand.
2. Buy another maroon tartan dress for next interview
3. Ask supporters for more money
4. Install new drainage system under pitch
5. Introduce more youngsters into the first team regardless of ability
6. Secure a top six finish and reach another QF

Plan!

😂👍

Velma Dinkley
21-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Once they've laid their new pitch, how long will it be before it starts to show signs of rust?

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Once they've laid their new pitch, how long will it be before it starts to show signs of rust?

It wouldn’t susrprise me if they are fielding all these youngsters, advising that their youth productivity is amazing so they can go running to the SFA first r even more handouts to help with the pitch.

The complete frothing from them about their academy, Celtic take all the best youngsters in this country, that is fact and even if Hearts do get one or two it’s not as if our national team is like Spain. One every wee while there will be quite decent one. I’m still convinced we have a much better young midfielder than Cochrane too, we just don’t have to blood him in regularly at that age because we have an actual midfield.

Out of interest, how did they manage to get Cochrane and Macdonald topped up from the SFA performance School when they aren’t from Edinburgh? And is there any Hibs players going To any of the schools assisted by them? Seems a bit like Potter is getting some of the perks of being a former employee?

Kato
21-03-2018, 03:32 PM

I thought you were attempting a Haiku poem there.

Once they've laid their new
pitch, how long will it be be-
fore it starts to rust?

Mmm. Nice.

21-03-2018, 04:02 PM
two weeks ago. Jkb - hibs are on the brink of financial trouble which is why they have put sts on sale this early.

Now jkb - great statement anne budge the slaver

ftfy

green day
21-03-2018, 04:07 PM
There is more than financial reasons obviously but it is one reason why new and absent fans, including families are coming to ER this season. We’re attractive, generally.

Obviously we are attractive we are Hibbies ! Good guys and much better looking than the cardigan and flares clad radges across the way. There was one Jambo at my old work who was quite tidy, but I think she played for the netball team..........

In all seriousness - £100 a season - thats a pie and a bovril every home game. Robbing Jambos, never change.

Springbank
21-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Is Jim Clydesdale growing the grass, and (Leicester City style) trimming a design into the grass?

He's not qualified to do either of these things as far as I know.

But when has that stopped him in the past....

Borderhibbie76
21-03-2018, 04:58 PM
To summarise;

We need more cash to finish the stand

We need YOUR money to lay a new pitch

We are half through our 3-phase stand construction which will be nearly 2 years in the making by the time it's finished

All deadlines are as tight as a ducks arse - expect delays and further letters asking for more money

Our youth products are being chucked in to games too soon because we have no cash to sign playersIn a nutshell mate...perfect summary [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
21-03-2018, 05:15 PM
CWG

Thanks for the insightful info.

Don't know how many pages this thread still has to run (pass the popcorn) but it would be useful to keep score on the expenditure although it will take years to tot it all up.

I take it the steelwork painting will come under 'Repairs and Maintenance' and not capital expenditure so it will take quite a sharp cookie to keep score of the eventual overall cost.

We certainly won't get the information in the form of an official statement, methinks.

Hamish
21-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Presses play.

"She's not charging them interest just now."

Presses stop.

[emoji41]

I did laugh out loud at this.

KerPlunk
21-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Is Jim Clydesdale growing the grass, and (Leicester City style) trimming a design into the grass?

He's not qualified to do either of these things as far as I know.

But when has that stopped him in the past....
I thought Clydesdale had been “invited to leave” the greatest architectural wonder since The Great Pyramid of Cheops ? :confused:

GlesgaeHibby
21-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Budge buzzing about getting to a QF :faf:

Her writing style is absolutely horrific. Constantly putting "words" in inverted....commas...etc

Also seemed to acknowledge that some snow damage did happen.

This main stand will take longer to complete than Spurs new stadium!

jacomo
21-03-2018, 06:38 PM
First QF since 2012 lol

Big Team achievement that.

Imagine the party if they make it to Hampden!

jacomo
21-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Budge buzzing about getting to a QF :faf:

Her writing style is absolutely horrific. Constantly putting "words" in inverted....commas...etc

Also seemed to acknowledge that some snow damage did happen.

This main stand will take longer to complete than Chelsea’s new stadium!

Ftfy

Aldo
21-03-2018, 07:44 PM
So much for having 'all' the finances in place for this single tiered thingy!! This latest statement has showed what an utter shambles it has been since raising that girder! The beLIEvers are totally deluded if they think 'allisbarry' down Tiny way with another 'gie iz your money' again plain and clear to see!!

Spend spend spend is what I say!!

21-03-2018, 07:51 PM
First QF since 2012 lol

She gets it alright, it's the new natural order called a level playing field so 1 QF every 6 years is not bad by their new standards.

Crazyhorse
21-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Oh yeah their infrastructure at Riccarton. I hadn't realised they had purchased those facilities, must have missed the big announcement. They are like someone who hires a Rolls Royce for a day and drives around asking everyone what they think of their new car. Truly a sad tiny team.

fat freddy
21-03-2018, 08:28 PM
I popped over the road to see the reaction to the Budge statement. They never fail to amaze me, they are overjoyed, euphoric and beside themselves with love and admiration for all that the good doctor has done for them.

One of them admitted to crying tears of happiness when he read her 3rd form essay, he actually cried. Let that sink in...a grown man cried whilst reading a statement which explained painting rust on a new stand was normal.

A (nother) declared the quater final defeat to Motherwell as a great leap forward in their plans for bottom 6 domination.

It would appear that they have an anti critical filter on their forum, there is not a single dissenting voice, the rust, the toilets,(the men now use the womans toilets in the new stand and the women presumably sit cross legged) the lack of corporate facilities, the 16 year old laddies getting slaughtered every week, the altered time frame for project completion, the hybrid pitch not being a hybrid pitch anymore, it is just ignored as they give praise to her open and transparent policy of informing them that everything in the garden is rosey.

I found it disturbing in the same way I find Rangers fans forums disturbing, the complete lack of critical analysis and blind faith in the words uttered by their leaders regardless of the obvious failings of these leaders.

Creepy, fawning, cap doffing weirdos

Pretty Boy
21-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Every day that passes sees Hearts become more and more like the shambolic entity that was Hibs a few years ago.

My biggest criticism of Hibs at that time was that all our ‘marketing’ was just about money, no ambition, no goals but just give us your money or else bad things might happen. That’s essentially what Budge says in her several paragraphs of waffle. Add to that a belief that everything will be better next year and a persistence with repeating the same mistakes again and again and you have a recipe for failure.

Hibs learned from it eventually and we are in a better place now; Hearts seem to be caught in the cycle of transition, January overhauls and expectation rapidly being revised downwards. It’s very enjoyable to watch.

The brass neck of folk on JKB who suggested our early ST sales, which isn’t any earlier than it has been for a decade, was a sign of impending doom now hailing Budge a genius and saviour for openly admitting they have to launch their campaign earlier than usual to manage cash flow is more than a little amusing.

O'Rourke3
21-03-2018, 08:37 PM
I like the idea of The Heritage Tour. Haymarket obviously, Gardner Crescent where the memorial moved to and then? Morrison St. The famous pub owned by record medal holder Gary Mc was near here. Distillery. Here's the site that gives our club that unique smell and may blow up at any minute.. Longstone bus depot. Where you can see loads of maroon buses. Saughton Park, em we've not told you about our plans yet... Then a free trip to the club museum. We now exhibit the calor gas fire that heated the JR Lounge, Mr Romanovs fax machine and the stair rod we are blaming for nearly killing Robbo. £50 a pop...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

21-03-2018, 08:59 PM
I popped over the road to see the reaction to the Budge statement. They never fail to amaze me, they are overjoyed, euphoric and beside themselves with love and admiration for all that the good doctor has done for them.

One of them admitted to crying tears of happiness when he read her 3rd form essay, he actually cried. Let that sink in...a grown man cried whilst reading a statement which explained painting rust on a new stand was normal.

A (nother) declared the quater final defeat to Motherwell as a great leap forward in their plans for bottom 6 domination.

It would appear that they have an anti critical filter on their forum, there is not a single dissenting voice, the rust, the toilets,(the men now use the womans toilets in the new stand and the women presumably sit cross legged) the lack of corporate facilities, the 16 year old laddies getting slaughtered every week, the altered time frame for project completion, the hybrid pitch not being a hybrid pitch anymore, it is just ignored as they give praise to her open and transparent policy of informing them that everything in the garden is rosey.

I found it disturbing in the same way I find Rangers fans forums disturbing, the complete lack of critical analysis and blind faith in the words uttered by their leaders regardless of the obvious failings of these leaders.

Taken in by the spin doctor.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Every day that passes sees Hearts become more and more like the shambolic entity that was Hibs a few years ago.

My biggest criticism of Hibs at that time was that all our ‘marketing’ was just about money, no ambition, no goals but just give us your money or else bad things might happen. That’s essentially what Budge says in her several paragraphs of waffle. Add to that a belief that everything will be better next year and a persistence with repeating the same mistakes again and again and you have a recipe for failure.

Hibs learned from it eventually and we are in a better place now; Hearts seem to be caught in the cycle of transition, January overhauls and expectation rapidly being revised downwards. It’s very enjoyable to watch.

The brass neck of folk on JKB who suggested our early ST sales, which isn’t any earlier than it has been for a decade, was a sign of impending doom now hailing Budge a genius and saviour for openly admitting they have to launch their campaign earlier than usual to manage cash flow is more than a little amusing.

Yeah thought this myself. They are the Hibs of a few years ago. Constant rebuilding, no real direction, more interested in off the field issues. I really dont think Queen Ann has much clue about the football side of things. There's something missing, the passion has gone, theres no connection with the team or management. All very pleasing.

jakedance
21-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Some(one) should really “proof” read these ...”statements” for her! Albeit snow damage. “Backing”! ...

Haymaker
21-03-2018, 09:32 PM
It’s very enjoyable to watch.

That's a ****ing understatement PB

FilipinoHibs
21-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Some(one) should really “proof” read these ...”statements” for her! Albeit snow damage. “Backing”! ...
Translation No dates, no money. Carry on living in the rusty, leaking shed.

hibby6270
21-03-2018, 10:23 PM
An interesting aside to the early plea for cash via early ST sales at Tynie.

We have a very generous 11 month interest free payment period with Zebra Finance. Not quite the same at Tynie. This, lifted straight from their marketing bumph.....

4) Spread the cost of your season ticket through Zebra Finance. Two plans are available: (i) Through a four-month interest free plan (a 4.5% admin fee applies, taken with your first payment), or (ii): through a ten-month interest bearing plan. Applications can only be filled out at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/default.aspx

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but does this tell us something about their credit situation (cant or won’t absorb the interest fully) or are they just extracting more cash from the poor old Gorgie followers?

Deansy
22-03-2018, 12:16 AM
Big Team achievement that.

Imagine the party if they make it to Hampden!

For a taster of their reactions, have a look at the half-time scenes from the last derby with the scarf-twirlers ecstatic at going in at 0-0 !

cocteautwin
22-03-2018, 01:11 AM
She gets it alright, it's the new natural order called a level playing field so 1 QF every 6 years is not bad by their new standards.

We are still not on a level playing field. By my reckoning they've burnt through close to £15m of "additional" money over the past 5 years to get where they are today. Let's knock this "level playing field" myth on the head.

jgl07
22-03-2018, 06:06 AM
I like the idea of The Heritage Tour. Haymarket obviously, Gardner Crescent where the memorial moved to and then? Morrison St. The famous pub owned by record medal holder Gary Mc was near here. Distillery. Here's the site that gives our club that unique smell and may blow up at any minute.. Longstone bus depot. Where you can see loads of maroon buses. Saughton Park, em we've not told you about our plans yet... Then a free trip to the club museum. We now exhibit the calor gas fire that heated the JR Lounge, Mr Romanovs fax machine and the stair rod we are blaming for nearly killing Robbo. £50 a pop...

How about a framed 1986 Double Winners tee-shirt and the infamous light bulb from the former stand? There are so many options:

A commemorate wall poster with all the creditors stuffed in Hearts’ insolvency event?

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan: Ronnie Corbett?

A frayed and faded ‘22 in-a-row’ banner to remind them of the ‘good old days’?

Pretty Boy
22-03-2018, 06:15 AM
How about a framed 1986 Double Winners tee-shirt and the infamous light bulb from the former stand? There are so many options:

A commemorate wall poster with all the creditors stuffed in Hearts’ insolvency event?

Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan: Ronnie Corbett?

A copy of the cheques used when St Rudi 'donated' his time for the cause?

A Russian hat complete with dusty footprint?

The Vlad signed training top from the meets the plums YouTube video?

The possibilities are endless.

IGRIGI
22-03-2018, 07:15 AM
I think it's cute how a trip to Hampden is such a big thing for them now.

givescotlandfreedom
22-03-2018, 07:28 AM
It's quite interesting they're having to beg for money again seeing as they also got sizeable sums from their mystery benefactor. They simply won't live within their means. And they're still getting pumped by us.

Bostonhibby
22-03-2018, 07:32 AM
I think it's cute how a trip to Hampden is such a big thing for them now.They're selling premium VIP elite unique atmospheric options on each of their future trips.

" Available to the first 400,000 applicants only. Non refundable cash up front, demand is sure to be high so buy now so we can finish the nursery and get the rust painted."

KerPlunk
22-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Waxworks of Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov? Add in their celebrity fans, or rather celebrity fan Ronnie Corbett.
Just you haud oan, ya spoon burnin’ wee tramp..:rules:........they’ve got Auld Pishy Breeks Foulkes and Alex ‘Make Mine A Double’ Salmond......get it right, FFS !! :stirrer:

dchibs
22-03-2018, 08:12 AM

Yams I know hated when I said I will have to get my Hampden season ticket out again.

lapsedhibee
22-03-2018, 08:21 AM

Why do they even still want to go to "Hampden"? Didn't they "get" to keep "the" Scottish "Cup" after they won it so often? Like "Brazil" got to keep the World "Cup" when they won "it" three times?

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 08:51 AM

Even more cute that a QF is deemed an achievement

Jack Hackett
22-03-2018, 08:51 AM
I see "quotation" marks are trending. Fully expect Donald to make liberal use of them next time he has some "fake" news to rubbish

jgl07
22-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Why do they even still want to go to "Hampden"? Didn't they "get" to keep "the" Scottish "Cup" after they won it so often? Like "Brazil" got to keep the World "Cup" when they won "it" three times?

They could add a waxworks of Ken Stott provided that he is in Rebus mode brandishing a Hibs Supporters Club card as if it was a Warrant Card.

Not In The Know
22-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Yeah thought this myself. They are the Hibs of a few years ago. Constant rebuilding, no real direction, more interested in off the field issues. I really dont think Queen Ann has much clue about the football side of things. There's something missing, the passion has gone, theres no connection with the team or management. All very pleasing.

They never had passion the thing thats missing is MONEY!

Not In The Know
22-03-2018, 10:27 AM
So if you do not renew before THIS season ends you lose your seat!

Thats grim.

Alan62
22-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Thats grim.

Not just grim, dim. I'm sure a lot of people will miss the deadline of 2nd May - 10 days before the last game of this season! Wait until they find their seats have been freed up and other folks have bought them. I foresee some angry punters storming the ticket office at the Rustbowl and refusing to put any more change in the plastic cow.

EH54
22-03-2018, 10:52 AM
No doubt they will extend it if Ticket sales are low and the initial date is set to force people to renew early

Geo_1875
22-03-2018, 11:04 AM

Thats grim.

Their business model in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_GOoBPKfQ

Pretty Boy
22-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Not just grim, dim. I'm sure a lot of people will miss the deadline of 2nd May - 10 days before the last game of this season! Wait until they find their seats have been freed up and other folks have bought them. I foresee some angry punters storming the ticket office at the Rustbowl and refusing to put any more change in the plastic cow.

A few swift kicks to a tartan jacket will make their displeasure clear.

green day
22-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Thats grim.

Have not read it, but is it not just an early bird offer, like ours?

hibbyfraelibby
22-03-2018, 12:26 PM

This is not an Early Bird scheme. Its a Vulture Scheme...you know just like when a corpse lies rotting and the carion circle overhead.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2018, 12:27 PM

A tour of the Hearts Museum in Dickens Bar loft.

Ozyhibby
22-03-2018, 12:28 PM

Yip. Think we only have till April 6th or we lose our seats. Although the yams are looking at falling season ticket sales so it’s likely their seats will go unsold. Ours are likely to be snapped up quick sharp if we don’t renew on time, especially if you have decent seats.

Jones28
22-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Yip. Think we only have till April 6th or we lose our seats. Although the yams are looking at falling season ticket sales so it’s likely their seats will go unsold. Ours are likely to be snapped up quick sharp if we don’t renew on time, especially if you have decent seats.

No, early bird offer is a discount, seat release isn't till the summer

Alan62
22-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Naw. Early bird offer gives you a cheaper deal. Seat release is 1 June. A whole month after our pink pals.

Alan62
22-03-2018, 12:47 PM

I also just popped over to see if it was as bad as you suggest. Indeed it is. There's a lesson on bias in there somewhere though. We read her statement and see nothing but begging for cash and veiled admissions that the whole project is a complete cock-up. They read her statement and see an honest account of the enormity of the task they faced, a frank admission of a few mistakes they made and a heart-warming plea to continue to give the "backing" that the club deserves. Somewhere in the middle, I guess, is the truth.

I predict that the Hearts faithful will renew their season tickets and keep paying the FoH tax until they eventually do turn it all round again and are fully restored to their pre-doping position as a modestly successful, frequently awful, usually mid-table, occasionally relegated Scottish football club. Auld Reekie's cardigan-wearing Rover polishers will continue to support them with pride.

Jack Hackett
22-03-2018, 04:02 PM
This is not an Early Bird scheme. Its a Vulture Scheme...you know just like when a corpse lies rotting and the carion circle overhead.

Very apt :agree:

greenginger
22-03-2018, 04:59 PM

We have until 1st June to renew our season tickets, next day anyone can buy them.

Mikey
22-03-2018, 05:23 PM
An interesting aside to the early plea for cash via early ST sales at Tynie.

We have a very generous 11 month interest free payment period with Zebra Finance. Not quite the same at Tynie. This, lifted straight from their marketing bumph.....

4) Spread the cost of your season ticket through Zebra Finance. Two plans are available: (i) Through a four-month interest free plan (a 4.5% admin fee applies, taken with your first payment), or (ii): through a ten-month interest bearing plan. Applications can only be filled out at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/default.aspx

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but does this tell us something about their credit situation (cant or won’t absorb the interest fully) or are they just extracting more cash from the poor old Gorgie followers?

Hibs don't pass that charge on to the fans, it's absorbed by the club.

weecounty hibby
22-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Jambo at my work told me today that he and his son are not renewing next year. He was claiming that it was to do with his son playing on a Saturday morning and not having time etc etc. Speaking to him over the past few weeks though I think that is an excuse. He has been saying for weeks that the football is honking and that its just not worth the money. He is also talking about stopping his jambo tax, erm I mean his FOH DD.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Jambo at my work told me today that he and his son are not renewing next year. He was claiming that it was to do with his son playing on a Saturday morning and not having time etc etc. Speaking to him over the past few weeks though I think that is an excuse. He has been saying for weeks that the football is honking and that its just not worth the money. He is also talking about stopping his jambo tax, erm I mean his FOH DD.

No chance he's the only one thinking that way!

WhileTheChief..
22-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Budge gonna be on Sportsound shortly talking about their kids academy. Best in the land apparently.

green day
22-03-2018, 05:38 PM
.....and predictably, Sportsound is at Tynecastle tonight hearing about the good work that Big Hearts are doing in the community.

While I'm sure they are doing great work, the cynic in me says that the timing is very suspect. Budge about to come on and - no doubt - state to the radio listeners how all in the garden is rosy.

Their PR is spot on......

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Budge gonna be on Sportsound shortly talking about their kids academy. Best in the land apparently.

I agree

Where else in the country can 16 year olds not ready for the professional game get first team football?

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 05:43 PM
.....and predictably, Sportsound is at Tynecastle tonight hearing about the good work that Big Hearts are doing in the community.

While I'm sure they are doing great work, the cynic in me says that the timing is very suspect. Budge about to come on and - no doubt - state to the radio listeners how all in the garden is rosy.

Their PR is spot on......

At least we wont see her maroon tartan number on the radio

green day
22-03-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm unsure how she made so much money, she comes across as clueless. Totally clueless.

Famous Fiver
22-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Up for an award too, I hear.

Get it sorted, Petrie!!!

tamig
22-03-2018, 05:59 PM
As good a grilling as I’ve heard auld Anne get on Sportsound just now. Thoroughly unconvincing answers.

green day
22-03-2018, 06:02 PM
As good a grilling as I’ve her auld Anne get on Sportsound just now. Thoroughly unconvincing answers.

This is comedy gold, anyone who hasn't listened, I implore you to record or listen again 😄😄😄😂😂😂

tamig
22-03-2018, 06:04 PM
This is comedy gold, anyone who hasn't listened, I implore you to record or listen again 😄😄😄😂😂😂

And it’s still rolling on. Great listening!

WhileTheChief..
22-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Squirming. Love it.

green day
22-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Her running Scottish football! FFS, She's utterly out her depth

Velma Dinkley
22-03-2018, 06:12 PM
When I listen to her talk about football management I get the same feeling I get when I watch people attempt to sing on episode 1 of an X Factor series. Absolute cringe. I can't listen!

22-03-2018, 06:17 PM
I actually don't think she's coming across too badly. Hope they ask her if the chimp that does her typing is working on the complete works of Shakespeare.

jacomo
22-03-2018, 06:18 PM
I also just popped over to see if it was as bad as you suggest. Indeed it is. There's a lesson on bias in there somewhere though. We read her statement and see nothing but begging for cash and veiled admissions that the whole project is a complete cock-up. They read her statement and see an honest account of the enormity of the task they faced, a frank admission of a few mistakes they made and a heart-warming plea to continue to give the "backing" that the club deserves. Somewhere in the middle, I guess, is the truth.

I predict that the Hearts faithful will renew their season tickets and keep paying the FoH tax until they eventually do turn it all round again and are fully restored to their pre-doping position as a modestly successful, frequently awful, usually mid-table, occasionally relegated Scottish football club. Auld Reekie's cardigan-wearing Rover polishers will continue to support them with pride.

I’m sure they will continue their “backing”. They’ve got nowhere else to go.

But I also remember them ridiculing criticism of their main stand project and dismissing us as bitter and jealous. It turns out the project has been an utter disaster, still with no definitive end date or final cost.

“All is Barry” is an apt rallying cry for a support who will believe anything they are told, it seems. Over and over again.

Contrast to Hibbys who, if Petrie told them it was Thursday, would ask him to prove it.

green day
22-03-2018, 06:19 PM
I actually don't think she's coming across too badly

You are joking? She comes across as a rank amateur

ekhibee
Is English a Yam after all? He was just saying "if we don't get to Hampden next year..."

WhileTheChief..
Hopes to have the stand finished by the end of the year!!!

Velma Dinkley
22-03-2018, 06:21 PM
She said she wasn't sure if Craig Levein actually takes the players for training. Sounds like she's well on top of things :greengrin I couldn't listen to anymore.

22-03-2018, 06:26 PM

I like having a dig as much as the next person but haven't picked up on much to laugh at so my comment was based on that. I must be having an off night.

green day
22-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Is English a Yam after all? He was just saying "if we don't get to Hampden next year..."

Think he was just paraphrasing her. It was certainly a horrible interview.

I think they have sussed her out now, gave her a lot of rope.

As someone above said - she said they were hoping the stand is finished this calendar year !!!!

22-03-2018, 06:52 PM

I like having a dig as much as the next person but haven't picked up on much to laugh at so my comment was based on that. I must be having an off night.

That said, the bit about the bi-annual overhaul of the team having not cost them in financial terms. Even the most deluded Hearts fan isn't going to buy that....and arguably it is the deluded Hearts fans' money that has been wasted. I'm sure most of them could reel of numerous players that have been a waste of a wage in the Budge era.

Kato
22-03-2018, 06:53 PM
But I also remember them ridiculing criticism of their main stand project and dismissing us as bitter and jealous. It turns out the project has been an utter disaster, still with no definitive end date or final cost.

From 24-07-2017

No chance. It'll be ready- I don't know who your source is but as I've said previously it's on track. I know I'll get called a yam but it's actually ahead of schedule for their game v the sheep. The steel will be put in in a week and it will be ready. As I said before my mates working on it and has no reason to lie

8 months ago and now there could be at least 9 months left.