PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Crazyhorse
16-01-2018, 11:38 PM
The e-mail reply options clearly aren't inviting any criticism - Kim Jong Un could learn a thing or two there.

Yeah they should really have a virtual forelock tugging app.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2018, 06:00 AM
This new stand really is the gift that keeps giving. Sicksack up in arms about it. They apparently forgot to build a TV gallery in it so they are putting one in section N of the Wheatfield and relocating the incestuous Jambos there. And reducing the stadium capacity to 17.5 k - round about what it was before the built the new stand.

TrinityHibs
17-01-2018, 06:25 AM
I noticed yesterday that they have binned their design guru Jim Clydesdale:taxi:violin::violin::violin:

Peevemor
17-01-2018, 06:36 AM
I noticed yesterday that they have binned their design guru Jim Clydesdale:taxi:violin::violin::violin:

Ha ha - a bit late for that, the damage is done.

oneone73
17-01-2018, 06:37 AM
The e-mail reply options clearly aren't inviting any criticism - Kim Jong Un could learn a thing or two there.

That's a stock gmail feature. Nothing to do with Hearts.

Jones28
17-01-2018, 07:26 AM
Is this still going?!

macca70
17-01-2018, 07:45 AM
No area for housing a temporay TV studio
Folk saying the location/layout of male toliets isn’t great
No easy access to the exec/director seating
Electrics aren’t fit for purpose

The new stand is a disaster.

When are the interiors due to be complete? they still don’t even have changing rooms!!

Firestarter
17-01-2018, 07:57 AM
Wait u til we end their season again and the section N mutants are in with budge and co 😂

😂

Tornadoes70
17-01-2018, 08:05 AM
No area for housing a temporay TV studio
Folk saying the location/layout of male toliets isn’t great
No easy access to the exec/director seating
Electrics aren’t fit for purpose

The new stand is a disaster.

When are the interiors due to be complete? they still don’t even have changing rooms!!

:top marks

Nor do they have a pitch thats fit for purpose.

Have the yams signed Pele yet? Sorry Steven Naismith :greengrin.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Springbank
17-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Someone saying Hearts have got around 2000 tickets unsold still for the derby???

Just as well they spent all that money on the shonkey shan stand

GreenCastle
17-01-2018, 08:42 AM
The foundation plaza sign is hilarious - must have run out of money.

I’ve never known a new stand to have so many issues from its opening - wasn’t the Police box due to downscaled now or is it end of the season? Can’t wait to see how they manage that.

Confirmed by attending the last derby - a terrible stadium and rubbish surface to play football. All very amatuer.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Someone saying Hearts have got around 2000 tickets unsold still for the derby???

Just as well they spent all that money on the shonkey shan stand

The 18k capacity has proven a bit of an overbuild. Where are those 400,000 glory hunters - still dining out on two World Wars I presume?

Jack Hackett
17-01-2018, 09:12 AM
The 18k capacity has proven a bit of an overbuild. Where are those 400,000 glory hunters - still dining out on two World Wars I presume?

Given the general incompetence at tinycastle, maybe they just forgot to inform all of the people on their 'famous' waiting list from the Vlad era, that their new mega stand is open for business.

jacomo
17-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Is this still going?!

They haven’t finished building it yet.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2018, 09:37 AM
They haven’t finished building it yet.They're building their way down to about 18000 capacity. It takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Biggie
17-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Wait u til we end their season again and the section N mutants are in with budge and co 😂

Not so much budge and her crew, do the hibs board not sit beside them......they should be worried.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Been told that they are having them clacker things that Leicester had the season they won the league on every seat, to improve the atmosphere when they play Motherwell.

Can you imagine the confusion they will have when they are twirling their scarfs and clacking away with those bloody things, there could be fatalities with those morons.

:faf:

Andy.1875
17-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Been told that they are having them clacker things that Leicester had the season they won the league on every seat, to improve the atmosphere when they play Motherwell.

Can you imagine the confusion they will have when they are twirling their scarfs and clacking away with those bloody things, there could be fatalities with those morons.

They could just knock their heads together!

jacomo
17-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Bad idea. I’m worried these war heroes will think it’s the sound of gunfire and start having flashbacks.

Bostonhibby
17-01-2018, 02:17 PM

:faf:Any idea how much she's charging them for the clackers?

HoboHarry
17-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Any idea how much she's charging them for the clackers?

I wouldn't touch Budgies clackers if she was paying me.........

greenginger
17-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Where was that about ?

When does the legal suing stuff start ? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
17-01-2018, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't touch Budgies clackers if she was paying me.........I know, and apparently she's putting them on every seat as well. Hopefully just the home fans seats.

AltheHibby
17-01-2018, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't touch Budgies clackers if she was paying me.........

Thanks. I just lost half my mega expensive latte!!!! 😂

Ozyhibby
18-01-2018, 02:30 PM
On top of sacking the architect and having to redesign the inside the itk’s on kickback are now saying that all work on the new stand has been frozen for now while they concentrate on improving the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
18-01-2018, 02:33 PM
On top of sacking the architect and having to redesign the inside the itk’s on kickback are now saying that all work on the new stand has been frozen for now while they concentrate on improving the team.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWonder if the police and council will still have one eye on the health and safety issues at the halfbuilt arena that the police wrote to them about recently.

Firestarter
18-01-2018, 02:37 PM
The EEN doing Hertz' job for them again: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/hibs-and-hearts-fans-told-to-behave-ahead-of-scottish-cup-clash-1-4665230

hibbyfraelibby
18-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Wonder if the police and council will still have one eye on the health and safety issues at the halfbuilt arena that the police wrote to them about recently.

So the penny has finally dropped and realisation that what has been built is a potential death trap needing new architects to redraw everything from acess,egress , downsizing the dressing rooms and rebadging Ladies as Gents toilets to abandoning the fit out of the Gorgie Library Annex because they have run out of money.

The £1.75m loan facility is being splurged on Naismith not the infrastructure, the Walker dosh is already gone
and the Good Doctoress is no longer bailing them out is how I read it.

Its a joy to watch Thomaso, aka budgie's mouthpiece from the ticket office staff, drowning trying to put a positive spin on things.

If you are going on Sunday be safe cos the brown envelope bungs to season ticket holding council inspectors may not cover your health.

Famous Fiver
18-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Not sure if that is the TV studio behind Naismith in the press photos today but if it is, I've seen better constructed pigeon lofts.

They could have shown some imagination and made it into a Budgie cage!

EastCalderHibby
18-01-2018, 07:40 PM
They could just knock their heads together!

tooooooooooo hollow

greenginger
18-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Wonder if the police and council will still have one eye on the health and safety issues at the halfbuilt arena that the police wrote to them about recently.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Just checked out the Council webpage and see that there was another Temporary Occupation Certificate issued for the accommodation under the Wheatfield Stand that covers them until February. Unfortunately due to some oversight the Temporary Occupation Certificate allowing them to use the new stand expired last November 19th.

Still plenty time tomorrow to get the permissions in order for Sunday's game........or , just do what they usually do, ignore any and all legal requirements that happen to inconvenience them knowing the Council lap dogs will look the other way.

Bostonhibby
18-01-2018, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Just checked out the Council webpage and see that there was another Temporary Occupation Certificate issued for the accommodation under the Wheatfield Stand that covers them until February. Unfortunately due to some oversight the Temporary Occupation Certificate allowing them to use the new stand expired last November 19th.

Still plenty time tomorrow to get the permissions in order for Sunday's game........or , just do what they usually do, ignore any and all legal requirements that happen to inconvenience them knowing the Council lap dogs will look the other way.

An interesting mess should they ever have an incident where they need to get an indemnity from their liability insurers. It doesn't really sound like they have a safe means of entry and exit.

greenginger
18-01-2018, 08:31 PM
An interesting mess should they ever have an incident where they need to get an indemnity from their liability insurers. It doesn't really sound like they have a safe means of entry and exit.

Certainly at the Roseburn Stand exit gate.

The combined width of stairs coming out of the North end of the new stand and the exits from the Roseburn stand are more than twice the width of the exit gate.

It should never have been allowed to be built that way.

Also , the visitors turnstiles. Planning permission was granted for a design that had 8 turnstiles for visiting fans. Only 6 have been installed causing problems seen at both our game and the Celtic visit but nothing has been done to make them carry out the work to the specification approved by the Council.

Bostonhibby
18-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Certainly at the Roseburn Stand exit gate.

The combined width of stairs coming out of the North end of the new stand and the exits from the Roseburn stand are more than twice the width of the exit gate.

It should never have been allowed to be built that way.

Also , the visitors turnstiles. Planning permission was granted for a design that had 8 turnstiles for visiting fans. Only 6 have been installed causing problems seen at both our game and the Celtic visit but nothing has been done to make them carry out the work to the specification approved by the Council.

So they continue to take their responsibilities seriously then, throwing money at players in an attempt to win Sundays game when it might have been better spent executing work along the lines of the planning permission.

McSwanky
18-01-2018, 10:05 PM
So they continue to take their responsibilities seriously then, throwing money at players in an attempt to win Sundays game when it might have been better spent executing work along the lines of the planning permission.It's an absolute scandal. Once again I find myself hoping there will be no major incident at that end, the consequences don't beat thinking about. And I'm not talking about Hearts' inadequate insurance.

Stay safe, Hibees.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
19-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Where was that about ?

When does the legal suing stuff start ? :greengrin

One of the guys working on the site who provides regular updates

Peevemor
19-01-2018, 10:33 AM
One of the guys working on the site who provides regular updates

:agree: Thomaso - the patent glazing guru.

Famous Fiver
19-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Surely the certificate issue should be raised by the Match Commander before the game?

He can't possibly be asleep on the job, surely?

Has he heard of Hillsborough?

Defies belief.

greenlex
07-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Just over a year passed since the much heralded Truss was erected. Must be finished by now.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Just over a year passed since the much heralded Truss was erected. Must be finished by now.:greengrinLooking forward to the big anniversary parade. The good doctor will probably sell them all trusses for the occasion.

greenginger
07-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Just over a year passed since the much heralded Truss was erected. Must be finished by now.:greengrin

The Empire State Building only took 1 year and 45 days to finish !

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/11/us/empire-state-building-fast-facts/index.html

PatHead
07-02-2018, 06:50 PM

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/11/us/empire-state-building-fast-facts/index.html
But it does not have a massive glass curtain.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2018, 06:53 PM
But it does not have a massive glass curtain.Or a view of a school roof.

PatHead
07-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Or a view of a school roof.

An exclusive one at that.

EastCalderHibby
07-02-2018, 06:55 PM

can you see the castle fi there :cb

PatHead
07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
can you see the castle fi there :cb

As well as you can from Tincastle.

EastCalderHibby
07-02-2018, 06:59 PM
As well as you can from Tincastle.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Just Alf
07-02-2018, 07:03 PM
As well as you can from Tincastle.Good point

Well made

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

greenlex
07-02-2018, 07:15 PM

And it has 8 escalators.

matty_f
07-02-2018, 07:25 PM
And it has 8 escalators.

No sheer glass though. Or chips.

Aldo
08-02-2018, 05:44 AM
All paid for according to yams I know. So the question must be asked.... Why is it not finished??

Does anyone know if there is work being carried out??

jax67
08-02-2018, 05:54 AM
But it does not have a massive glass curtain.

Pretty sure they don’t have chips either.

Hibby70
08-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Pretty sure they don’t have chips either.

They do, in the Heartland Brewery bit.

greenginger
08-02-2018, 07:40 AM
All paid for according to yams I know. So the question must be asked.... Why is it not finished??

Does anyone know if there is work being carried out??

Do these knowledgeable Yams have any idea who coughed up the £ 4.5 million anonymous donation to bail out the Budge folly ?

jacomo
08-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Do these knowledgeable Yams have any idea who coughed up the £ 4.5 million anonymous donation to bail out the Budge folly ?

The little people (aka the simple fans) do not ask awkward questions. It’s a fundamental principle of Yammery.

Velma Dinkley
08-02-2018, 08:52 AM
No sheer glass though. Or chips.

It's got fries and tater tots.

surreyhibbie
08-02-2018, 10:34 AM

Right next door. Was in there a few times in October. Not bad at all! :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
08-02-2018, 11:15 AM
The little people (aka the simple fans) do not ask awkward questions. It’s a fundamental principle of Yammery.
Yes that very round 4.5 mill came from Queen Anne. Sure she will get something in exchange or just filter the money off FOH DD.

Jack
08-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Yes that very round 4.5 mill came from Queen Anne. Sure she will get something in exchange or just filter the money off FOH DD.

Rumour among the very wealthy yams is it was the Earl of Rosebery. Those yams were recently asked to make room for a very large group, including the Earl, who were being fussed over in a way that sort of money would encourage.

Aldo
08-02-2018, 04:07 PM

Indeed they do not hence the reason I asked if anyone knew if any work was being carried out!! If not then I would suggest there is still the shortfall to complete it and no work will be carried out until it is found.

No one wants to give them ‘tick’ because they cheated folk out of millions before!

Bostonhibby
08-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Rumour among the very wealthy yams is it was the Earl of Rosebery. Those yams were recently asked to make room for a very large group, including the Earl, who were being fussed over in a way that sort of money would encourage.Is this the fellow?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/tory-fundraiser-marked-by-auschwitz-joke-gaffe-8488721.html%3famp

HoboHarry
08-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Is this the fellow?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/tory-fundraiser-marked-by-auschwitz-joke-gaffe-8488721.html%3famp

Naw, that looks mair like Craig Gordon's dad with that coupon.......

Bostonhibby
08-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Naw, that looks mair like Craig Gordon's dad with that coupon.......This might help the identification process?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/e5ff2693a71f6ca5aa74c60d7fe310ec.jpg

hibbyfraelibby
08-02-2018, 07:03 PM

Nah they are not chips they are "fries"

hibbyfraelibby
18-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Yams over on Keekboak are none too have that their fandabydozy new library extention is already rusting and corroding.

Looks like its going to rot away before they actually get it finished.

Greenfly
18-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Yams over on Keekboak are none too have that their fandabydozy new library extention is already rusting and corroding.

Looks like its going to rot away before they actually get it finished.

It'll be all that salt from the chips to blame.

Hibby70
18-02-2018, 10:22 PM
I suppose that they really want all 4 stands to feel one and the same - down to the rust.

Same company as the Springfield Monorail by the looks of it.

Ozyhibby
19-02-2018, 12:48 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/804ca93f03d55b2e058ade8d75b27789.jpg
Apparently the roof is leaking as well. [emoji3]

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2018, 12:53 AM

This is what happens when you don't use breeze blocks :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 07:19 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's not rust. This is the eighth wonder of the world we're talking about.

As any fool can tell, it's gold, they've struck gold at the gorgie yukon.

McSwanky
19-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Is this the fellow?

Just seen this. Loving the quote:

"His friends defended him last night, highlighting that he had raised £120 million for charity by offering his services as an auctioneer free. they said last week alone, he presided, unpaid, over four charity events."

Seriously? He single handedly raised £120 million by working a few hours for free? :rolleyes: What about the people that actually bought the stuff he was auctioning?

Brummie_Hibs
19-02-2018, 08:43 AM
It is en-vogue shabby chic.

It is trying to attract the hipster pound.

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Just seen this. Loving the quote:

"His friends defended him last night, highlighting that he had raised £120 million for charity by offering his services as an auctioneer free. they said last week alone, he presided, unpaid, over four charity events."

Seriously? He single handedly raised £120 million by working a few hours for free? :rolleyes: What about the people that actually bought the stuff he was auctioning?They seem to have crossed the threshold where everything is true. There's a few more less "charitable" quotes available on tinternet, allegedly.

McSwanky
19-02-2018, 08:45 AM
That's not rust. This is the eighth wonder of the world we're talking about.

As any fool can tell, it's gold, they've struck gold at the gorgie yukon.

Lucky bassas always fall on their feet. First they find a rich bigot prepared to pump millions into their club to buy superstars like Naismith and Lafferty, then they strike gold at the Nonce Arena.

With all this luck, they might even make the top 6 this season.

Ronniekirk
19-02-2018, 10:07 AM
This is what happens when you don't use breeze blocks :greengrin

Its got a nice Rustic Quality to it Must be comforting to know they they are sitting in cramped luxury having overspent by Millions and knowing you are continuing to be fleeced by your Club who now take your contributions for granted and cant even be bothered giving the fans something substantial that will stand the test of time

hibbymac
19-02-2018, 10:21 AM

That's because the gap is getting bigger :hyper

Aldo
19-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Is this single tiered stand not finished yet?? Having been told the funds are all in place by numerous yam associates there does not seem to be any updates regarding this amazing feat of engineering??

SirDavidsNapper
19-02-2018, 11:20 AM
That's what happens when you build an exact replica of the other crumbling 1990's stands. They should have moved to Murrayfield when they had the chance.

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Is this single tiered stand not finished yet?? Having been told the funds are all in place by numerous yam associates there does not seem to be any updates regarding this amazing feat of engineering??

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere's a bedding in period, they're leaving what they've built so far to go that atmospheric historical famous rusty brown colour then they'll crack on with fixing the leaks, the electrics, the restricted view seats, the turnstiles, the toilets, the police box, wonky seat numbering system, hospitality facilities, the fit out behind the stand and bob's your uncle, or in their case your auntie.

Aldo
19-02-2018, 11:25 AM
There's a bedding in period, they're leaving what they've built so far to go that atmospheric historical famous rusty brown colour then they'll crack on with fixing the leaks, the electrics, the restricted view seats, the turnstiles, the toilets, the police box, wonky seat numbering system, hospitality facilities, the fit out behind the stand and bob's your uncle, or in their case your auntie.

Ah I see. So no deadline just ‘bob a job’ folk popping in when they can!

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Ah I see. So no deadline just ‘bob a job’ folk popping in when they can!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's what big teams do. They're in a race with spurs to see who can get the completion certificate first.

Aldo
19-02-2018, 11:38 AM
It's what big teams do. They're in a race with spurs to see who can get the completion certificate first.

Spurs might even beat them to it. Built a whole stadium in the time it’s taken them to get to where they are!

G B Young
19-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Sorry if already posted further back on this mega thread, but here are Sunday Times journalist Graham Spiers' observations from a few weeks back:

Work in progress...
Ann Budge and Hearts have rightly received many plaudits. Budge seems a caring and competent Hearts owner, and her work in conjunction with the Foundation of Hearts is something to behold. On top of this, you have this terrific new main stand at Tynecastle, with its 7,000 spectators looming over the field and breathing down the necks of the players.
One thing, though. My goodness, behind and beneath what you see of this new stand from the pitch, what an utter bomb site it remains. The front of the new stand looks stylish and the view from the field is wonderful. But inside? There is debris, buckets, building implements, paint brushes and slabs of cement everywhere.
As well as Budge and Hearts have done, the suspicion remains that they haven’t half rushed their new stand into public use.

PaulG
19-02-2018, 12:49 PM
This the new stand

Jack Hackett
19-02-2018, 02:58 PM
This the new stand

By the time it's finished, it'll be a bit of a stretch to call it 'new'

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Sorry if already posted further back on this mega thread, but here are Sunday Times journalist Graham Spiers' observations from a few weeks back:

Work in progress...
Ann Budge and Hearts have rightly received many plaudits. Budge seems a caring and competent Hearts owner, and her work in conjunction with the Foundation of Hearts is something to behold. On top of this, you have this terrific new main stand at Tynecastle, with its 7,000 spectators looming over the field and breathing down the necks of the players.
One thing, though. My goodness, behind and beneath what you see of this new stand from the pitch, what an utter bomb site it remains. The front of the new stand looks stylish and the view from the field is wonderful. But inside? There is debris, buckets, building implements, paint brushes and slabs of cement everywhere.
As well as Budge and Hearts have done, the suspicion remains that they haven’t half rushed their new stand into public use.And aided & abetted by the council when it comes to getting past the health & safety issues associated with having thousands of members of the public accessing the partbuilt arena.

Nice to see a journo actually comment on it even if he did feel he had to fawn all over them first.

SuperAllyMcleod
19-02-2018, 07:08 PM

Work in progress...
As well as Budge and Hearts have done, the suspicion remains that they haven’t half rushed their new stand into public use.

Thanks for that, I tried to read this at the time but I couldn’t get past the paywall [emoji3]

Jack Hackett
19-02-2018, 07:24 PM
And aided & abetted by the council when it comes to getting past the health & safety issues associated with having thousands of members of the public accessing the partbuilt arena.

Nice to see a journo actually comment on it even if he did feel he had to fawn all over them first.

Strange use of the phrase 'suspicion remains', when it's actually 'pretty bleedin' obvious'

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Strange use of the phrase 'suspicion remains', when it's actually 'pretty bleedin' obvious'Needs to be careful though or he'll lose his seat at the open air prison dinner table that masquerades as the press area in the Rustbowl.

Jack Hackett
19-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Needs to be careful though or he'll lose his seat at the open air prison dinner table that masquerades as the press area in the Rustbowl.

:agree:

That unique 'close to the action' perspective, and the opportunity to regress to pen and paper because you don't want to fry your lappy in the rain, is a powerful incentive

Biggie
19-02-2018, 09:09 PM

Work in progress...
Fur coat and Nae knickers

G B Young
20-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Has the police box which blocks off views of the pitch been moved yet? Seem to recall that was supposed to happen in the winter break.

Hard to believe those pics of the rusting metalwork. What a shambles this whole project has been. Though I'm sure that Thomaso bloke on kickback will be silencing any dissenting voices with his (allegedly) expert reassurances.

EH54
20-02-2018, 10:47 AM
@G B Young (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?32664-G-B-Young) Now taking place after the season ends

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Has the police box which blocks off views of the pitch been moved yet? Seem to recall that was supposed to happen in the winter break.

Hard to believe those pics of the rusting metalwork. What a shambles this whole project has been. Though I'm sure that Thomaso bloke on kickback will be silencing any dissenting voices with his (allegedly) expert reassurances.

He's an owe to ourselves kinda guy, probably doesn't even know they've been in administration..................

G B Young
20-02-2018, 11:06 AM
@G B Young (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?32664-G-B-Young) Now taking place after the season ends

Cheers. I hadn't heard the plans had changed, but then they do seem to have been making the whole project up as they go along.

Just had a look on kickback for the first time in ages and this guy sums it up well:

"At some point we will have to admit that for our £15m and counting this has not been an unqualified success. From the initial lies about the initial delay on."

Carheenlea
20-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Work expected to be carried out any time from May onward. Weeks, months, years. I'm going to guess that police box will still be in situ at start of next season in its current form.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Work expected to be carried out any time from May onward. Weeks, months, years. I'm going to guess that police box will still be in situ at start of next season in its current form.

It's beginning to look like they are forming yet another one of their "special relationships" this time with a big shed on some stilts planted right in the line of sight of some believers, another world first no doubt.

Mikey
20-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Here's an interesting post from over the road, which needless to say has been ignored completely......

If the metalwork rusting is a manufacturing issue then it’s still the contractors responsibility to resolve. Unless the club bought the materials and told the contractor to use them (ie same process as the seats), but this would be unusual.

Isn't that exactly what they did? They ordered the seats (eventually) themselves and I thought they did the same with the steel.

Anything to save a few quid eh.

:lurksub:

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Lick o' paint and the whole thing will be fine :na na:

Pete
20-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Here's an interesting post from over the road, which needless to say has been ignored completely......

Isn't that exactly what they did? They ordered the seats (eventually) themselves and I thought they did the same with the steel.

Anything to save a few quid eh.

:lurksub:

Metalwork rusting? :confused:

FFS it’s only been up about a month!

G B Young
20-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Metalwork rusting? :confused:

FFS it’s only been up about a month!

Keep calm, it's all easily dealt with according to Thomaso:

"Looks to me that in the rush to get this metalwork installed, it has not been properly galvanised or pre-coated. At this stage I think it is a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating."

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...

hibbyfraelibby
20-02-2018, 12:33 PM

"Looks to me that in the rush to get this metalwork installed, it has not been properly galvanised or pre-coated. At this stage I think it is a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating."

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...
It's wide spread. Remember they ordered the seats and the fittings themselves to their own specification so no contractor will be picking up the bill for this shambles. No compo or retention withheld.

They owe it to themselves

Keith_M
20-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Lick o' paint and the whole thing will be fine :na na:

Exactly!

You're all just jealous Hobos and you wish you had a stand as grand as they have at the Wongadome

Geo_1875
20-02-2018, 02:06 PM

You wouldn't galvanise or pre-coat on-site so this has been delivered as ordered by the architect or quantity surveyor.

As for "a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating" , that's what they said when they built the first Forth Bridge.

PatHead
20-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Is the distressed, rusty look not fashionable just now? Look at the old Jocks Lodge. Obviously they are trend setters as well.

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 02:22 PM

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...The one thing Tomato isn't is a structural engineer. I've just ran this scenario by one who is having a right chuckle to himself. He wonders why they didn't buy galvanised pre treated steel. Cost saving is the only professional explanation.

Alternatively tomato is a structural engineer or similar and is the very bad one who is in charge of oversight at the Rustbowl.

Got to hope they just paint it.

jacomo
20-02-2018, 02:22 PM

I guess it’s a relatively simple process to move the police box after building the new stand around the existing one?

FFS what a shambles.

Sergio sledge
20-02-2018, 02:23 PM
You wouldn't galvanise or pre-coat on-site so this has been delivered as ordered by the architect or quantity surveyor.

As for "a relatively simple exercise to rub down and paint with a rust inhibitor coating" , that's what they said when they built the first Forth Bridge.

From the looks of the photo, if it is similar over the whole stand (I don't see why it won't be the same finish on the steel work elsewhere) I'd imagine they'll have to take the seats off in order to complete the task. That could mean taking every seat in the stand out. Not exactly a "relatively simple task," especially when every fixing and surface will need done also.

It would be interesting to see who is liable for rectifying it, potentially a massive amount of labour involved. If there has been an installation error then the contractor will be liable, if it has been ordered wrongly then whoever did the purchasing will be liable, if it was specified incorrectly then whoever made the specification will be liable. Could be some interesting discussions amongst the project team sorting that out.

KerPlunk
20-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Wee Budgie has What'sApp'd Ian Black to see if he can nip over for a bit of o/time............

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 02:42 PM
It's beginning to look like they should have built the stand that Vlad drew up and sent to the council in the pile of cardboard boxes.

Even if it was only a trick with smoke and mirrors for the believers it couldn't have worked out any worse surely.

lapsedhibee
20-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Could be wrong but I think there's been a fancy paint used on the FRB for a couple years now, so that the whole thing doesn't need to be continuously painted. If so, there might be a few guys kicking their heels just now who know how to paint the same metal structure over and over again. If so, this'll be in the EEN and wider MSM as excellent planning by The Queen to be able to take advantage of that particular labour market.

Sioux
20-02-2018, 03:34 PM
According to Thomato heid these snagging things are to be expected ;

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 03:42 PM

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."Because it's never been done properly in half the time at half the cost before? What a bellend, surely they can't be regarding this as the fountain of knowledge on how a stand should be built.

Kato
20-02-2018, 04:20 PM

"The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges."

What does he mean "was" - it's still unfinished and the cracks/rust are showing already.

heretoday
20-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Let's hope the Hearts aren't too successful or they could literally "bring the house down".

Should be safe enough I reckon.

greenginger
20-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Hardies, the contract managers for the Budge Folly, have been very quiet of late.

http://www.hardies.co.uk/news/hearts-main-stand-delayed-after-club-forgot-to-order-seats

In fact they've not mentioned the erection in their company blog since August. I'd guess they don't want to be seen to be associated with this project any more.

The Pointer
20-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Only thing I can think of is a brush on galvanising paint called Zinga, but you'd need to dismantle loads of fittings etc and get into all the nooks and crannies to do a half decent job.

Edinburgh Green
20-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Only thing I can think of is a brush on galvanising paint called Zinga, but you'd need to dismantle loads of fittings etc and get into all the nooks and crannies to do a half decent job.

There is a product called galvafroid, but as you say it’s only meant for touching up. For them to stop the corrosion they would have to remove all fixings from it and paint it....which you would never do on site.

Seveno
20-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Is that ‘half decent’ as in half finished? Sounds just the job.

lapsedhibee
20-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Could they not bus over a load or two of Lithuanian pensioners to help? They'll have plenty of time on their hands, especially being without any money to spend on leisure activities.

fat freddy
20-02-2018, 05:35 PM
This is wonderful news for those of us who became hopelessly addicted to this thread during last summer.
The Spiers revelation that the inside resembles Coventry during The Blitz brought a nostalgic tear to my eye but this was trumped by the beautiful picture of the rusty metalwork.
As Neil Young once sang, Rust Never Sleeps, and the prospect of next seasons transfer budget being spent on a massive paint job provides us with yet another chapter in this never ending comedy of errors.
I take my hat off to Queen Anne, she has given us more ammunition in the last two years than Vlad gave us in his entire time in Gorgie.

EastCalderHibby
20-02-2018, 05:46 PM
There is a product called galvafroid, but as you say it’s only meant for touching up. For them to stop the corrosion they would have to remove all fixings from it and paint it....which you would never do on site.

surely nuts and bolts need to be galvanised also

Ozyhibby
20-02-2018, 05:52 PM
The fact that they have had to sack the architect tell you that something serious has gone wrong.

Pete
20-02-2018, 05:56 PM
The fact that they have had to sack the architect tell you that something serious has gone wrong.

They used a real architect?

Hibee87
20-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Surely to god Hearts are not going to be left footing the bill to sort rust? The supplier of the steel, wether done by themselves or ordered by the contractor they in no way would be liable to extra costs? Maybe just inconveinience.

It has been quiet from them since it opend. I assume the certificate of saftey is all done and dusted now yeah?

Ozyhibby
20-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Surely to god Hearts are not going to be left footing the bill to sort rust? The supplier of the steel, wether done by themselves or ordered by the contractor they in no way would be liable to extra costs? Maybe just inconveinience.

It has been quiet from them since it opend. I assume the certificate of saftey is all done and dusted now yeah?

Depends on who was responsible for ordering the steel and what type was specified. They didn’t have a main contractor so it’s possible, like the seats, they ordered it themselves. Even if it was supplied by a contractor, it’s possible that that is the type of steel specified by the club. In that case it can hardly be blamed on the contractor.

hibbyfraelibby
20-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Depends on who was responsible for ordering the steel and what type was specified. They didn’t have a main contractor so it’s possible, like the seats, they ordered it themselves. Even if it was supplied by a contractor, it’s possible that that is the type of steel specified by the club. In that case it can hardly be blamed on the contractor.

The metalurgists over on boakback are laughing at some guy who mentioned "inferior steel". They seem to think all steel is the same ignoring the fact that steel is a combination of minerals and the manufacturing process all combine to produce steels of various grades and qualities. Apparently you are just a v****n Hobo troll if you think Jambo steel is not world class even if it is rusty.

wallpaperman
20-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Not beyond the realms of possibility that the steel contractor told Annie and the Gang that the steel needed treating, but were told that it had to be installed right away, no further delays allowed, due to their ridiculous original timescale. If so, the club would be responsible.

Velma Dinkley
20-02-2018, 07:27 PM
To be fair, at least they remembered to order the steel.

kaimendhibs
20-02-2018, 07:38 PM

How much of the metalwork are we talking about here?! If it's the the whole lot that was installed to hold the seats in place then 'pre-coating and galvanising' it doesn't sound like such a 'simple exercise' to me...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

gordonced18
20-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Could be wrong but I think there's been a fancy paint used on the FRB for a couple years now, so that the whole thing doesn't need to be continuously painted. If so, there might be a few guys kicking their heels just now who know how to paint the same metal structure over and over again. If so, this'll be in the EEN and wider MSM as excellent planning by The Queen to be able to take advantage of that particular labour market.Ian Black.... Come on down!!!

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

mca
20-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Ian Black.... Come on down!!!

:thumbsup:

Seveno
20-02-2018, 09:21 PM
To be fair, at least they remembered to order the steel.

:lolyam:

Hibs4185
20-02-2018, 09:29 PM
FFS Petrie!

First you buy galvanised steel, then you top it off by painting it green! Why can we no have rusty steel like the big teams??!

Petrie OUT!

jgl07
20-02-2018, 10:47 PM
They used a real architect?

No they used James Clydesdale who is a Construction Manager and not an Architect.

They used a Proprty Manager (Estate Agent) as Project Manager.

Both appointments were bizarre. They were probably pals of La Budge and came in cheap?

Criswell
20-02-2018, 11:57 PM
I admit I've never been Rod's greatest fan but I will admit that he did AFAIK deliver the re-development of the ER pretty much on time and within budget without any major quality or design concerns throughout. Job done!

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 12:33 AM
I admit I've never been Rod's greatest fan but I will admit that he did AFAIK deliver the re-development of the ER pretty much on time and within budget without any major quality or design concerns throughout. Job done!

The FF and South stands were designed by the same architects that did Celtic Park and were built by Barr Construction, ie. both stadium specialists. Although the construction team changed for the West and East, it was basically more of the same

Jim Drysdale was on Hearts board and was already their stadium "architect" before the re-development Because the site at Tynecastle is simply too small, they tried to reinvent the wheel with their corner pylon set-up which has since caused them various problems. Whoever took the decision to use the same design for their new stand should be shot.

They keep going on about how complicated a project it was. It didn't need to be. A football stand of that size should be very straightforward for people that know what they're doing.

Libby Hibby
21-02-2018, 03:54 AM
The FF and South stands were designed by the same architects that did Celtic Park and were built by Barr Construction, ie. both stadium specialists. Although the construction team changed for the West and East, it was basically more of the same

Jim Drysdale was on Hearts board and was already their stadium "architect" before the re-development Because the site at Tynecastle is simply too small, they tried to reinvent the wheel with their corner pylon set-up which has since caused them various problems. Whoever took the decision to use the same design for their new stand should be shot.

They keep going on about how complicated a project it was. It didn't need to be. A football stand of that size should be very straightforward for people that know what they're doing.

I’m sure Barr built the West too

Rattler
21-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Yip, looks like it was Barr for our West / Main stand as suggested

https://www.mclh.co.uk/projects/hibernian-football-club-main-stand-edinburgh/

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 06:21 AM

Yip, looks like it was Barr for our West / Main stand as suggested

https://www.mclh.co.uk/projects/hibernian-football-club-main-stand-edinburgh/

Barr did build the West, but the Architect changed. The end stands were done by Percy Johson-Marshall (now JM Architects) but they didn't do the other two.

stevie-bee
21-02-2018, 06:41 AM
On most new buildings the contractors are liable for any defects until 1 year after completion, so the steel company will have to repair the rusting steel , this will be no cost to hearts ,

Hibby70
21-02-2018, 06:48 AM
On most new buildings the contractors are liable for any defects until 1 year after completion, so the steel company will have to repair the rusting steel , this will be no cost to hearts ,

But this is a unique build. I wouldn't rule anything out of this shambles.

Hibee87
21-02-2018, 07:36 AM

So unique they ordered or instructed the order from the steel.company to be prone to rust?
As the other poster said. This will be at no cost to hearts.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 07:37 AM
On most new buildings the contractors are liable for any defects until 1 year after completion, so the steel company will have to repair the rusting steel , this will be no cost to hearts ,It depends on what type of steel they, or their agent deliberately ordered. If they bought untreated steel or lower grade steel what they are seeing now is probably the direct and foreseeable consequences of it.

Mikey
21-02-2018, 07:42 AM

Unless that's exactly what they ordered, to cut costs. And if it turns out that they have been stiffed by a tin pot steel company in China they'll just ignore their complaints anyway.

We'll never know for sure as Hearts won't say and their fans won't ask the awkward question, but if it isn't rectified we'll have a good idea :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2018, 07:48 AM

You can pretty much guarantee the steelworks supplier will bear no liability in this case. The supplied what was instructed to specification. The fact the spec was wrong is not their problem the fact HMFC placed the order direct for the seating means they have to rectify their error from their own funds. Did a senior HMFC employee not already walk for his part in the seats shambles?

Arch Stanton
21-02-2018, 07:50 AM
It's not rust, it's patina.

Geo_1875
21-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Which contractors would that be?

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 08:02 AM
It's not rust, it's patina.

:greengrin Gold mate, they don't do patina, patsies they definitely do.

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Scenario

Contractor - Due to constant changes and the construction drawings being late, delivery of the specified steel will knock the programme back 3 months. We can get slightly lower grade stuff on time from another source, but we strongly advise against it.

Kid-on architect - Wisnae me - that bloody woman cannae make up her mind what she wants.

Kid-on project manager - F***!

Budge - Just go for it, got to keep the believers happy.

Contractor - OK, but we want our reservations well documented.

Kid-on architect - Me too!

Kid-on project manager - Me 3!

Outcome - Mystery benefactor may well have to stump up for the remedial works.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Scenario

Contractor - Due to constant changes and the construction drawings being late, delivery of the specified steel will knock the programme back 3 months. We can get slightly lower grade stuff on time from another source, but we strongly advise against it.

Kid-on architect - Wisnae me - that bloody woman cannae make up her mind what she wants.

A likely scenario, but luckily the yams have Thomaso so they are unlikely to have any problems putting this right and getting any litigation sorted out.:ostrich:

stevie-bee
21-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Which contractors would that be?

There would have been a steel fabrication company, I don’t know who it was ,

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 08:21 AM
I thought they had ordered second hand steel from some place in Bolton

greenginger
21-02-2018, 08:22 AM

BSB Structural Ltd.

Pretty well established and highly experienced.

Geo_1875
21-02-2018, 08:31 AM

Who would have delivered stock as specified by the "architect" and quantity surveyor. Unless the steel fabricators knowingly supplied dodgy stock they won't be liable.

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Who would have delivered stock as specified by the "architect" and quantity surveyor. Unless the steel fabricators knowingly supplied dodgy stock they won't be liable.

Or unless, for whatever reason (cost, programme...), they supplied a lesser quality but with a suitable warning/disclaimer.

Jack Hackett
21-02-2018, 08:51 AM
It's an easy fix... Thomaso has said so, and who are we to question?

Mikers110
21-02-2018, 09:24 AM

The "Architect", Contractor, QS, Budge etc would have asolutely no input into the steel grade. This is soley the responsibility of the Consulting Structural Engineers on the project.

Geo_1875
21-02-2018, 09:46 AM
The "Architect", Contractor, QS, Budge etc would have asolutely no input into the steel grade. This is soley the responsibility of the Consulting Structural Engineers on the project.

The Consulting Structural Engineers would make the customer aware of the minimum legal requirement and options available. The customer then makes their choice based on cost. Guess which option this customer chose?

jacomo
21-02-2018, 10:01 AM

This is a belter. Possibly my favourite so far.

FFS Jambos this thread should have been wrapped up months ago, but you just keep on with the comedy.

What an absolute shower.

jgl07
21-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Barr did build the West, but the Architect changed. The end stands were done by Percy Johson-Marshall (now JM Architects) but they didn't do the other two.

Barr built half the new stadiums and stands that went up in Scotland in the 1990s. I thought that the North and South Stands were design-build by Barr.

Bill Barr owned Ayr United at the time. Strangely Somerset Park was one stadium that never felt the rumble of Barr plant.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 10:11 AM
The Consulting Structural Engineers would make the customer aware of the minimum legal requirement and options available. The customer then makes their choice based cost. Guess which option this customer chose?

Yep, that's how it would work in the real world.

There's a suggestion their architect wasn't an architect, as in the qualified Architect sense, a member of RIBA.

Consulting Engineer? yep the clues in the name, the consulting part. They'll advise the client who consults them but the client will decide which financial option they want to take. In my experience the professionals generally cover themselves when offering advice.

Mind you the yams have got Thomaso so they'll solve this one okay.

Mikers110
21-02-2018, 10:12 AM
The Consulting Structural Engineers would make the customer aware of the minimum legal requirement and options available. The customer then makes their choice based cost. Guess which option this customer chose?

I can assure you the client has no say in the matter. This is a structural design issue, therefore what the engineer says is required cannot be changed or ignored by the client, unless they and the contractor want to find themselves in front of a Sherrif explaining why they erected a potentially dangerous structure.

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I can assure you the client has no say in the matter. This is a structural design issue, therefore what the engineer says is required cannot be changed or ignored by the client, unless they and the contractor want to find themselves in front of a Sherrif explaining why they erected a potentially dangerous structure.

Rust on steelwork doesn't necessarily make it structurally unsound.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Rust on steelwork doesn't necessarily make it structurally unsound.

Nail, hammer, heid:aok:

Galvanised nail obviously.

KerPlunk
21-02-2018, 10:20 AM

If memory serves, the East was designed by Halliday Munro Architects. (Now Halliday Fraser Munro.) These guys were brought in by The Tache.
The interior fit outs of the lounges in the North were done by Gibson Laing and Partners, who back in the day were STF’s architects for all KwikFit depots.

Springbank
21-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Scenario

Why, that's Daylight Rosebery

Hibs4185
21-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Looks very much like hearts have went down a self build route rather than a fully managed route. There was talks of getting quotes of £20 million from main contractors so a type of self build was chosen with selected contractors carrying out works. Probably why you have Thomasso who specialises in one thing, being a committed Yam and helping where he can.

Hearts and Queen Anne will have probably sourced the materials required by themselves-seats being one of them, and then had the materials on site for the tradesman.

The advantages of this are that it does save a fortune. A company will buy something at the nearest merchant for say £50 and then charge the client £60-£70. By shopping around on the internet etc the client can find the same product or similar spec for £30 with free delivery.

The problem here I would imagine is that the ‘similar spec’ steel has came from China(Look up Chinese dumping cheap steel in Europe) or somewhere else abroad.

Once it has arrived and not quite what you imagined, you have a problem of sending it back and costing a fortune-tons and tons of steel, in postage and more importantly time, or you go with what you have and make it work. It’ll meet all safety requirements I am sure but the overall quality will be nowhere near as good.

You can can buy most things on alibaba, including steel and seats. Good luck when some of it arrives though. I know some guys who fly out and check the goods before they are delivered. A £500 flight could save thousands on time and hassle.

I’d bet a lot of money this is where hearts problems lie

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Barr built half the new stadiums and stands that went up in Scotland in the 1990s. I thought that the North and South Stands were design-build by Barr.

Bill Barr owned Ayr United at the time. Strangely Somerset Park was one stadium that never felt the rumble of Barr plant.

If memory serves, the East was designed by Halliday Munro Architects. (Now Halliday Fraser Munro.) These guys were brought in by The Tache.
The interior fit outs of the lounges in the North were done by Gibson Laing and Partners, who back in the day were STF’s architects for all KwikFit depots.

This is getting complicated. :greengrin

Percy Johnson-Marshall, having already done Murrayfield, McDiarmid Park and Celtic Park (which was done only about a year before our end stands) were the Architects for the redevelopment of ER. The original focus was on the North, South and East stands.

https://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/stands011294pic.jpg

They definitely oversaw the construction of the FF and South stands - I know because I was at college with the person who ran the job.

Barr probably were "design and build" in that their own engineers calculated/designed the structural elements in accordance with the Architect's plans.

Other Architects may well have been brought in for the internals.

This is all perfectly sensible horses for courses stuff.

Hearts on, the other hand, stuck with the same guy that had already done 75% of Tynecastle - it had aged terribly, a huge but basic error had been made regarding pitch size and there was a chronic lack of accommodation/facilities below the stands. They themselves produced a document pronouncing it "not fit for purpose". I find it incredible that they seem to have picked up where they left off with their new stand.

Horses for courses, or donkeys?

Hibs4185
21-02-2018, 11:34 AM
This is getting complicated. :greengrin

Percy Johnson-Marshall, having already done Murrayfield, McDiarmid Park and Celtic Park (which was done only about a year before our end stands) were the Architects for the redevelopment of ER. The original focus was on the North, South and East stands.

They definitely oversaw the construction of the FF and South stands - I know because I was at college with the person who ran the job.

Barr probably were "design and build" in that their own engineers calculated/designed the structural elements in accordance with the Architect's plans.

Other Architets may well have been brought in for the internals.

This is all perfectly sensible horses for courses stuff.

Hearts on, the other hand, stuck with the same guy that had already done 75% of Tynecastle - it had aged terribly, a huge but basic error had been made regarding pitch size and there was a chronic lack of accommodation/facilities below the stands. They themselves produced a document pronouncing it "not fit for purpose". I find it incredible that they seem to have picked up where they left off with their new stand.

Horses for courses, or donkeys?

Having your chosen architect come up with the scheme and submit for planning and then a main contractor doing a design build is the safest way. They have their own architect and engineers they are comfortable with do the technical drawings etc. That means if their is anything wrong on site then it is the contractors problem and not the clients. You pay a premium for design and build but there is a lot of protection for the client.

Once again the Hibees doing thing properly whilst our neighbours become a laughing stock yet again

MrSmith
21-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Looks very much like hearts have went down a self build route rather than a fully managed route. There was talks of getting quotes of £20 million from main contractors so a type of self build was chosen with selected contractors carrying out works. Probably why you have Thomasso who specialises in one thing, being a committed Yam and helping where he can.

Hearts and Queen Anne will have probably sourced the materials required by themselves-seats being one of them, and then had the materials on site for the tradesman.

The advantages of this are that it does save a fortune. A company will buy something at the nearest merchant for say £50 and then charge the client £60-£70. By shopping around on the internet etc the client can find the same product or similar spec for £30 with free delivery.

The problem here I would imagine is that the ‘similar spec’ steel has came from China(Look up Chinese dumping cheap steel in Europe) or somewhere else abroad.

Once it has arrived and not quite what you imagined, you have a problem of sending it back and costing a fortune-tons and tons of steel, in postage and more importantly time, or you go with what you have and make it work. It’ll meet all safety requirements I am sure but the overall quality will be nowhere near as good.

You can can buy most things on alibaba, including steel and seats. Good luck when some of it arrives though. I know some guys who fly out and check the goods before they are delivered. A £500 flight could save thousands on time and hassle.

Unfortunately for them, this 'self build' hasn't saved them any money at all! Promised a £9m fully operational stand that has now cost £15m with costs running out of control. Had they gone with the £20m quote you mention, it would potentially saved them an awful lot. However, has provided us with so many laughs that you couldn't put a price on it :D

Jack
21-02-2018, 12:01 PM

Indeed. I understand that as the Queensferry Crossing was being built the contractors had a team in China testing the quality of the steel and ensuring the bits all fitted together before it was shipped.

They would have therefore had the option then to reject anything that wasn't up to standard.

It would seem hearts didn't bother with that and weren't able to reject it, for whatever reason, once it has arrived.

For what should have been a low maintenance stand this could end up more expensive to maintain than the fire hazard.

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Nothing to see here ...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_02/6F8A1A6A-B5C7-4E1D-9F22-7C03E3A9F46A.thumb.jpeg.79f80b379676a50e5d0dcc5f3b c6e168.jpeg

Not In The Know
21-02-2018, 12:14 PM
That cant seriously be the new stand?

Arch Stanton
21-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Looks like we had a curved corrugated curtain back in the day. :agree:

As they say, you don't know what you got till it's gone.

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Their new TV studio, which is being prefabricated off-site, is almost ready for delivery.

WhileTheChief..
21-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Gotta hand it to that Thomaso guy on kickback.

When work started on the stand he was involved with installing the windows, nothing else.

Since then he has become an expert in structural engineering, lighting, acoustics, steel work, paint, H&S, project management etc etc.

They hang on every word he says and anyone questioning him is obviously a vermin troll.

He learnt all that in the under 12 months.

Impressive.

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Their new TV studio, which is being prefabricated off-site, is almost ready for delivery.

A few costs of antioxidant and turd coloured paint and Bob's yer aunty.

FilipinoHibs
21-02-2018, 12:51 PM
A few costs of antioxidant and turd coloured paint and Bob's yer aunty.

Rust never sleeps !

Deansy
21-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Although I will never, ever set foot in the place - I love their new stand !. The entertainment it's provided (not hard considering the level of 'football' played there !) has been top-quality and will continue to be so long into the future !

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 01:01 PM

The Pointer
21-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Now what if there are aluminium fittings against steel? Things could go downhill fast.

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Now what if there are aluminium fittings against steel? Things could go downhill fast.Nae offence but I'm waiting for Tomatoes guidance on such scientific matters. What would us non metallurgical hobo types know about such matters.[emoji6]

SirDavidsNapper
21-02-2018, 02:26 PM

🖒

Archie70
In Rod we trust
In Anne we rust

southsider
Rust never sleeps !
QA "right Neil, nip down to B & Q and get 500 litres of Hammerite"
Ok Boss.
Ring Ring..."QA here" "Eh boss, it dizny come in Pink......

Hibby70
21-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Away down in Gorgie
At Tynecastle Park
There's a wee bit of rust
That'll never look smart

They’ve built a ***** stand from lots of cheap parts
There’s nae other team to compare with the Hearts

Deansy
21-02-2018, 03:25 PM
In Rod we trust
In Anne we rust

Apmsl on reading this - 10/10 !!

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Away down in Gorgie
At Tynecastle Park
That'll never look smart

i like

lapsedhibee
21-02-2018, 04:00 PM
That cant seriously be the new stand?

Could have said that about pretty much every one of the pics that have come out of The Eighth Wonder.

21-02-2018, 04:05 PM
It is now appropriate to stop calling it their "new" stand and start referring to it as the main stand or the rusty stand.

jacomo
21-02-2018, 04:13 PM

Just because.

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Away down in Gorgie
At Tynecastle Park
That'll never look smart

Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
There's a rusty bus shelter
That's painted maroon
It smells like a toilet and the rats are a plague
And the whole thing was paid for by the good Lady Haig

T-H-I---E-V-E-S and if you cannae spell it then here's what it says

THIEVES THIEVES scoundrels and thieves
They've stole from the half of the toun
Their fans are a blight and the fitba team's *****
And the whole thing will surely fall doon

This is their story, this is their song
No matter what Hearts do, they'll still do it wrong
Their sister's their aunty and their brother's a thief
And will always be mastered by the boys from down Leith

haagsehibby
21-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Panic over !!

"It’s a presentational issue rather than structural at this point and looks easy to fix". According to one of the admins on JKB.

CentreLine
21-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

Where’s the like button?

.Louise.
21-02-2018, 04:41 PM
I thought they had ordered second hand steel from some place in Bolton

That’s what I thought too! :dunno:

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 04:48 PM
If they're not careful they'll be leaving every home game with even bigger brown stains on their trousers than usual.

The majority in their brown corduroy strides should be okay.

EastCalderHibby
21-02-2018, 04:56 PM
In Rod we trust
In Anne we rust

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

EastCalderHibby
21-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

:top marks we have a new song for the derby :flag::flag::flag::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
21-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Tynecastle stadium/park whatever they're calling it these days is a ****hole. It's been a very poor stadium literally all my life. Cheap pink faded seats, cracking brickwork and rusty steelwork then there's the 3 older stands.

Joe6-2
21-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

Excellent 😂😂😂

WoreTheGreen
21-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Six percent she charges she only charges you clowns six percent. Repeat or add ?

Skol
21-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Thomaso as far as I can make out is an expert in installing glass curtains. Windows to you and I. He is however being accepted as gospel on all matter relating to stadium construction.

PatHead
21-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Thomaso as far as I can make out is an expert in installing glass curtains. Windows to you and I. He is however being accepted as gospel on all matter relating to stadium construction.

So he is a glazier?

Seveno
21-02-2018, 08:11 PM
I don’t see what the big issue is here. They bought cheap steel so that it instantly matches the other three stands. Quite clever really. Tynerustle Stadium.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-02-2018, 08:29 PM
This is a belter. Possibly my favourite so far.

FFS Jambos this thread should have been wrapped up months ago, but you just keep on with the comedy.

What an absolute shower.

Steady, that might exacerbate the corrosion issue.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-02-2018, 08:31 PM
I don’t see what the big issue is here. They bought cheap steel so that it instantly matches the other three stands. Quite clever really. Tynerustle Stadium.

:greengrin

21-02-2018, 08:39 PM

Even Alastair Campbell couldn't put a positive spin on how they've handled building that stand.

Bumped into a our former Club Secretary in a pub in Corstorphine a couple of weeks ago. Decent guy who I've not seen in ages. Had a good football chat and conversation came round to Easter Road and the Training Centre. Found out that East and West Stands plus the Training Centre were built for about the same ££ as its cost Hearts to build their Main Stand. Before heading back to the wife, who was giving me daggers, I told him Easter Road was looking great, thanked him for a job well done, bought him a pint and asked him when he was coming back to finish the corners! He just laughed but did say that it was actually something he'd future proofed into the design.

To be fair to him he even bought me and the wife a drink before he left.

21-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Nothing to see here ...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_02/6F8A1A6A-B5C7-4E1D-9F22-7C03E3A9F46A.thumb.jpeg.79f80b379676a50e5d0dcc5f3b c6e168.jpeg

Must have cost a fortune to get all those little brown speckles on the steel.

Skol
21-02-2018, 08:46 PM
To be fair that bolt looks to be decent quality. Not clear what it’s purpose is mind but it’s a decent looking bolt.

stevie-bee
21-02-2018, 08:46 PM
So he is a glazier?
I don’t think he done the curtain walling at Tynecastle, the company that done it was henshaws, just round the corner from Tynecastle ,

Peevemor
21-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Puts me in mind of an Australian singer - Patina Arena!

21-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Nothing to see here ...

The inclusion of the Foundation of Hearts thing is like it is saying "This is what we've spent your money on folks."

Bostonhibby
21-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Nothing to see here ...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_02/6F8A1A6A-B5C7-4E1D-9F22-7C03E3A9F46A.thumb.jpeg.79f80b379676a50e5d0dcc5f3b c6e168.jpegI used to have a Ford Cortina with a paint job like that.

Deansy
21-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

THIS - printed/photo-copied/hand-written whatever and passed around now - imagine a packed Easter Road belting THAT out in full-voice on the 9th of March 2018 ??. The chorus alone will be enough to send the pink scarf-twirling, 'Girls of St.Trinians', 'Jolly Hockey-sticks' support over-the-edge completely !!

The only change I'd suggest would be to replace 'scoundrels' with '****-bags' - 'scoundrel' being a bit establishmentish !.

Greenfly
21-02-2018, 09:31 PM

... and blood doesn't show on a rusty girder.

Greenfly
21-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Nothing to see here ...

Is it no just grease stains from all the chips?

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Gotta hand it to that Thomaso guy on kickback.

When work started on the stand he was involved with installing the windows, nothing else.

Since then he has become an expert in structural engineering, lighting, acoustics, steel work, paint, H&S, project management etc etc.

They hang on every word he says and anyone questioning him is obviously a vermin troll.

He learnt all that in the under 12 months.

Impressive.

Not bad for someone who actually works in their ticket office eh...😉😉😉

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Away down in Gorgie
At Tynecastle Park
That'll never look smart

Singing section and Section43ers are you ready to belt this out?

21-02-2018, 09:49 PM
https://youtu.be/q-RVJyNpfDk

Hey now, hey now now, sing this corrosion to me
Hey now, hey now now

1875godsgift
21-02-2018, 09:52 PM

All in a day's work for Craig Levein.....

RyeSloan
21-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Just to be clear that is the metal seating deck that’s rusting?

The same seating deck that they have used in the majority of he stand instead of pre cast concrete sections...

jacomo
21-02-2018, 10:43 PM

They’ve got prodigious talent running right through the club right now.

Kato
21-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Just to be clear that is the metal seating deck that’s rusting?

The same seating deck that they have used in the majority of he stand instead of pre cast concrete sections...

Yes. It's really, really modern. It's rusty but modern.

Big90inOz
22-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

Brilliant, I hope to hear this from Australia at the next derby :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

RyeSloan
22-02-2018, 06:04 AM
Yes. It's really, really modern. It's rusty but modern.

Wow that’s concerning (for them!). A wee zoom on the picture shows it’s more than just minor oxidation...looks like it has corroded quite badly already in a few areas.

There was always some doubt about the scale of use of that decking, now we see why! What a rust hole [emoji23]

Arch Stanton
22-02-2018, 07:19 AM
I used to have a Ford Cortina with a paint job like that.

I assume you touched up the bad bits and sold it on. :greengrin

Imagine if you couldn't do that and just had to sit and watch it corrode into a big heap. :agree:

Bostonhibby
22-02-2018, 07:28 AM
I assume you touched up the bad bits and sold it on. :greengrin

Imagine if you couldn't do that and just had to sit and watch it corrode into a big heap. :agree:[emoji23]

On the positive side I didn't have to pay extra to sit in the faded plastic drivers seat I'd already paid for and the view through the windscreen was completely unrestricted.

green day
22-02-2018, 07:47 AM
Nothing to see here ...

That's quite embarrassing, given its only been operating a few months.

Even assuming it's structurally sound, how the hell is that seating deck going to look in 15 years (i.e. when it's the age of our main stand) ?

Shambles, but funny 😁😁

fat freddy
22-02-2018, 07:50 AM
I had a wee peep over at RustBack to see what the reaction of the believers was to this very real structural issue. I saw myself re quoted and mercilessly mocked for my sad addiction to their new stand adventures but what struck me most was the lack of critical analysis, they are treating this as an expected occurance and something that can be fixed with a quick lick of paint. Not one of them see this as a long term problem or a financial disaster. Tomato, the site volunteer labourer, has whipped them all into line and the herd happily accept that rust is an essential ingredient in new stand design. One of them suggests that rust has been around since steel was discovered and rust is a part of steel and without rust steel would be wood or something to that effect. Its comedy at its finest. Hopefully I get another Craig Levein pic and a lesson on natural order for posting this.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2018, 08:08 AM
I had a wee peep over at RustBack to see what the reaction of the believers was to this very real structural issue. I saw myself re quoted and mercilessly mocked for my sad addiction to their new stand adventures but what struck me most was the lack of critical analysis, they are treating this as an expected occurance and something that can be fixed with a quick lick of paint. Not one of them see this as a long term problem or a financial disaster. Tomato, the site volunteer labourer, has whipped them all into line and the herd happily accept that rust is an essential ingredient in new stand design. One of them suggests that rust has been around since steel was discovered and rust is a part of steel and without rust steel would be wood or something to that effect. Its comedy at its finest. Hopefully I get another Craig Levein pic and a lesson on natural order for posting this.Deary me.

It's not even as if rusting is part of the natural order any more. Mankind has long ago invented solutions and prevention but the problem is you have to decide to use treated steelwork and pay for it.

Long may the village be full of idiots who think and accept as they do / the tomato tells them.

Since90+2
22-02-2018, 08:10 AM
State eh that stand awready :faf: :faf:

Tramps.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Good forward planning though, if the rusting continues at the present rate they will be able to name it the Billy Brown stand by the end of the season.

Kato
22-02-2018, 08:12 AM
I had a wee peep over at RustBack to see what the reaction of the believers was to this very real structural issue. I saw myself re quoted and mercilessly mocked for my sad addiction to their new stand adventures but what struck me most was the lack of critical analysis, they are treating this as an expected occurance and something that can be fixed with a quick lick of paint. Not one of them see this as a long term problem or a financial disaster. Tomato, the site volunteer labourer, has whipped them all into line and the herd happily accept that rust is an essential ingredient in new stand design. One of them suggests that rust has been around since steel was discovered and rust is a part of steel and without rust steel would be wood or something to that effect. Its comedy at its finest. Hopefully I get another Craig Levein pic and a lesson on natural order for posting this.

What do you expect mate? It's the best stand ever, ever and we're all just jealous vermin - jealous even of the rusty bits.

KerPlunk
22-02-2018, 08:24 AM
What do you expect mate? It's the best stand ever, ever and we're all just jealous vermin - jealous even of the rusty bits.
https://www.steelconstruction.info/Corrosion_protection
Knock yourselves out......:greengrin:agree:

Carheenlea
22-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Just rename the place The Rusty Sheriffs Badge and be done with it.

JohnMcM
22-02-2018, 08:53 AM

I didn't need to read any further than the first couple of paragraphs. All was explained when I saw a reference to "a corrosive environment".

To to be honest, I've never seen Tynecastle spelt that way. :lolyam:

Moulin Yarns
22-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Nothing to see here ...

It's OK, that will effectively create an anti-slip coating to stop Hearts fans taking a nose-dive down the stairs :wink:

brog
22-02-2018, 09:33 AM
I lifted this sentence from the Steelspotting guide kindly provided above!

Conversely, a steel structure exposed to an aggressive environment needs to be protected with a high performance treatment and may need to be designed with maintenance in mind if extended life is required.

Well thank goodness Edinburgh is situated in a warm, calm climate & not subject to snow, rain & winds that would scare a polar bear! I see it's a balmy 6 degs today & may limp above freezing for most of next week. The stand & thread that keeps giving!

lord bunberry
22-02-2018, 09:43 AM
My car is made of steel. If after a couple of months it looked anything like that absolute midden of an erection, I would send it back. Steel only rusts if it’s exposed to the elements. Building it with bare steel is the reason the stand is rusting. It’s yet more evidence of cutting corners.

Bostonhibby
22-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Interesting read, however I think I am probably going to wait for Ladybird to Publish Thomaso Builds a Stadium - an easy guide to defective erections. The definitive publication.

Should probably be out for Xmas.

Mikey
22-02-2018, 10:08 AM

I'd be more inclined to think that he works in their PR dept. He's got an answer for everything.

Iain G
22-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Really, no, it wasn't complex at all :agree:

JohnMcM
22-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Interesting read, however I think I am probably going to wait for Ladybird to Publish Thomaso Builds a Stadium - an easy guide to defective erections. The definitive publication.

Should probably be out for Xmas.

That might just describe that to@@ers sex life:greengrin

G B Young
22-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Any sign of allisbarry taking a look at this story?

Thought not.

Iain G
22-02-2018, 10:24 AM
I think what they have done here is order some Cor-Ten steel (https://www.kloecknermetalsuk.com/products/corten/)which is all the rage (or radge?) around the planet in architectural circles, but the really really clever part of this, which has saved them a lot of money and time, is that they are putting it through the weathering process themselves, so it will rust in-situ, in effect it is self rusting steel.

Pure construction genius :agree:

KerPlunk
22-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Really, no, it wasn't complex at all :agree:
In an ideal, planned scenario you are spot on.
I suspect that they effed it up for 3 main basic errors .......
1. Timescales not realistically analysed.
2. Open ended/unfinalised brief re. Internal layouts - the chickens are now coming home to roost on that, it would appear.
3. James Clydesdale was way, way out of his depth, hence his being binned.

(Also seat fiasco and their woeful attempts to do the PM.......:brokenyam::jamboclow:jamboclow:jamboclow )

G B Young
22-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Here's a letter which appeared in the Scotsman last year which warned against the perils of a rush job.

Stand and deliver

The Scotsman
21 Nov 2017

I have observed from afar, and with increasing bemusement, the saga of Heart of Midlothian’s new main stand.With delay following delay and an undignified dash having taken place to gain a temporary safety certificate, I have found The Scotsman’s coverage of the affair to be rather lacking in objectivity. Hearts, in my view, have botched this project by setting wholly unrealistic timescales and instead of the grand opening one might expect for a new stand we have had a rather amateurish 11th hour debut. The tone of Scotsman coverage, however, seems largely to be that of lauding a great battle against the odds rather than voicing criticism of a situation which, it should be recalled, was apparently compounded by the club forgetting to order the seats! As somebody whose late husband worked on the reconstruction of Celtic Park, I can’t help but wonder why Hearts didn’t try to negotiate a season long deal at Murrayfield in a similar way Celtic decamped to Hampden and thus allow the construction project to be carried out at a more realistic pace.The willingness of Edinburgh City Council to extend such close assistance to Hearts on this will not sit well with Hibernian supporters who recall the council’s unhelpful approach when Sir Tom Farmer was attempting to secure the Lochend Butterfly land to assist with the club’s stadium development. Nor will many have forgotten how Hibs’ request to host their opening match away from home as their own main stand neared completion was rewarded by a home game to open the season! ( DR) ANGELA BURNETT

Bostonhibby
22-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Here's a letter which appeared in the Scotsman last year which warned against the perils of a rush job.

Stand and deliver

The Scotsman
21 Nov 2017

I have observed from afar, and with increasing bemusement, the saga of Heart of Midlothian’s new main stand.With delay following delay and an undignified dash having taken place to gain a temporary safety certificate, I have found The Scotsman’s coverage of the affair to be rather lacking in objectivity. Hearts, in my view, have botched this project by setting wholly unrealistic timescales and instead of the grand opening one might expect for a new stand we have had a rather amateurish 11th hour debut. The tone of Scotsman coverage, however, seems largely to be that of lauding a great battle against the odds rather than voicing criticism of a situation which, it should be recalled, was apparently compounded by the club forgetting to order the seats! As somebody whose late husband worked on the reconstruction of Celtic Park, I can’t help but wonder why Hearts didn’t try to negotiate a season long deal at Murrayfield in a similar way Celtic decamped to Hampden and thus allow the construction project to be carried out at a more realistic pace.The willingness of Edinburgh City Council to extend such close assistance to Hearts on this will not sit well with Hibernian supporters who recall the council’s unhelpful approach when Sir Tom Farmer was attempting to secure the Lochend Butterfly land to assist with the club’s stadium development. Nor will many have forgotten how Hibs’ request to host their opening match away from home as their own main stand neared completion was rewarded by a home game to open the season! ( DR) ANGELA BURNETT

The reason for the hootsmans silence is obvious.

The only real answer to such a well thought out and far sighted letter in view of the many many botch ups culminating in Rustgate is ...........................................Hobo.

Iain G
22-02-2018, 10:47 AM
In an ideal, planned scenario you are spot on.
I suspect that they effed it up for 3 main basic errors .......
1. Timescales not realistically analysed.
2. Open ended/unfinalised brief re. Internal layouts - the chickens are now coming home to roost on that, it would appear.
3. James Clydesdale was way, way out of his depth, hence his being binned.

(Also seat fiasco and their woeful attempts to do the PM.......:brokenyam::jamboclow:jamboclow:jamboclow )

I still liken it to one of those watch through the fingers bad early episodes of Grand Design where the house developer is so up their own backside and full of their own self importance that they dont feel the need to employ professional people to design and build their new tasteless house, usually with the kind of "I am an experienced high flying person in the complex and modern world of IT, how hard can it be to build a house, I will apply all of my management skills to this and save money and time..."

Basically their arrogance and hubris are the big issue here :agree: