PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Peevemor
07-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Random guess here but wouldn't surprise me if the derby is at murrayfield in a few weeks time.

There's no way they'll be allowed to use Murrayfield again this season.

Hibee87
07-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Last time was when Butcher was here just before the collapse. 2-1 new year game.
Good goal to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it not after that when ozturk smacked in a 45 yarder?

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 03:24 PM
So...The police man who wrote this is a bitter hibby. a hibs fan leaked it. Its all non issues. Why did the police feel the need to release this to the public. What about the celtic fans who stand? what about the rat droppings found at hibs a few years ago?
Have I missed anything?

Just had to have a look. Yep, you've covered most of it. Apparently all sorted after a meeting today!!!? Until it all goes horribly wrong at the Motherwell game this weekend I suppose.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173806-safety-certificate/

Roxyhibee
07-12-2017, 03:26 PM
You know it's a story when it knocks a headline off the top page about a woman (allegedly) biting off a guy's b*llock off for refusing her a threesome.!!

Incompetent buffoonery alive and well at Tinie. Long may it continue.

Firestarter
07-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Was it not after that when ozturk smacked in a 45 yarder?

Well over three years ago.

Firestarter
07-12-2017, 03:27 PM
From Paul Barnes twitter...

Hearts say Saturday's match against Motherwell at Tynecastle will go ahead. Club, police, and council reached a satisfactory outcome at a meeting today in which stadium and public safety concerns were discussed.

Shock.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Well over three years ago.It was such a traumatic event that the fall affected his memory, and his imaginary wife's.

Presumably the same issue when it happened again in minus one years time?

At least he'll know it's coming.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibee87
07-12-2017, 03:34 PM

Yeah, I was meaning the last time they equalised was then not under butcher :aok:

greenginger
07-12-2017, 04:00 PM
BBC have caught up with things at last

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270145

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 04:07 PM
BBC have caught up with things at last

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270145

What? They've just heard about the scabby boys imaginary wife being shoved down the steps by all those nasty yam fans just because they scored an equaliser at ER all those years ago (insert number of years here).

Diclonius
07-12-2017, 04:12 PM

It was just over three years ago.

The last time they were actually ahead against us was almost two years ago (2-2).

Firestarter
07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
It was just over three years ago.

The last time they were actually ahead against us was almost two years ago (2-2).

October 2014 is well over 3 years imo.

Last time they led us at Easter Road? I can't even remember.

brog
07-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Tiny stadium - massive problems - Smables FC

Below was taken from kickback.. PRICELESS...just admit your over priced dump of a main stand is not fit for purpose .

so in total we have:

- no trackside gates (a minor temporary problem. As if it's hard to jump over and get onto the pitch anyway)
- directors' box location (minor issue)
- craig levein got sent to the stand (police issue? - wtf)
- ticket scanners in the wheatfield went on the blink (this has happened how many times ever, and was related to the new stand how exactly?)
- floodlight issues against Ross County (because no other ground has ever had a floodlight go out before)
- section N standing up (just like they have for the past umpteen seasons? - why is it suddenly a problem?)
- a fire alarm went off (so what)
- lighting problems
- no water in the toilets (again, police issue? - wtf)

So in summary, a bunch of non-issues

police scotland, **** **** *****

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? Priceless.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
In the interest of balance and fairness they may have a point about snagging problems with constructions of this type. After all, when we opened each of our new stands on schedule there was .....................Oh wait!

Nope no comparison there then 😂

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Mrs Budge had a new outfit knocked up for this? ???

She could have waited until all these obvious concerns were addressed and had time to get the outfit sorted out properly.

Looking forward to the relaunch of the 8th Wonder.

i must say i've noticed she really does have atrocious dress sense, that checked turdy coloured coat thing she wears is just simply horrendous, suppose *the uggy boots make up for the lack of style*

* i think

Ronniekirk
07-12-2017, 04:50 PM
The reality is this should never have been opened when it was. The cec working night and day to get it opened. Now they have played the smaller teams be prepared for "we're moving to Murrayfieild for a couple of games to allow remedial works to be done". This will allow an increase in revenue for the hibs and celtic matches. The only thing more outrageous is the complete lack of comment by football authorities and the cec on how games were ever allowed to be played at a stadium that presents a risk of to the public in attendance.

Partick Thistle were quickly silenced when they complained All be it they waited till after the game

Hearts. Hibs at Murray field Cannae see the The Police being happy about that in the New Year Would certainly attract Big Hibs Support

Crazyhorse
07-12-2017, 04:51 PM
It was such a traumatic event that the fall affected his memory, and his imaginary wife's.

Presumably the same issue when it happened again in minus one years time?

At least he'll know it's coming.

Yeah it will be deja vu all over again.

hibbyfraelibby
07-12-2017, 04:58 PM
STV to lead on the Tiny omnishamles at 6pm. This story is growing arms and legs.Took a leaked letter to out the jumbo at the council who allowed his season ticket allegience to rule his professional head.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 05:01 PM
STV to lead on the Tiny omnishamles at 6pm. This story is growing arms and legs.Took a leaked letter to out the jumbo at the council who allowed his season ticket allegience to rule his professional head.

To be fair, he was maybe looking forward to trying the new chip thing out in the school view lounge when the thank you's are handed out.

Jack Hackett
07-12-2017, 05:08 PM
i must say i've noticed she really does have atrocious dress sense, that checked turdy coloured coat thing she wears is just simply horrendous, suppose *the uggy boots make up for the lack of style*

* i think

Looks like she's cut the corners off the bottom and used the bits for the lapels.

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Looks like she's cut the corners off the bottom and used the bits for the lapels.

:greengrin well tbf she does have form for cutting corners :agree:

Jack Hackett
07-12-2017, 05:23 PM
:greengrin well tbf she does have form for cutting corners :agree:

:greengrin

Joe6-2
07-12-2017, 05:57 PM
And people were asking for this thread to be closed as there's nothing to see :greengrin

😂😂😂😂

Joe6-2
07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
He could start a thread on yackback suggesting they probably shouldn't shove each other downstairs? Not even his imaginary wife?

Imaginary! Lol

Seveno
07-12-2017, 06:07 PM
I love the way that the Yams criticise the way the Police letter is badly worded. Presumably they do not actually read the Budge missives.

Joe6-2
07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Yeah it will be deja vu all over again.

Is that her name?

poolman
07-12-2017, 06:13 PM
I love the way that the Yams criticise the way the Police letter is badly worded. Presumably they do not actually read the Budge missives.

It's because they all thought it was a fake and written by a peg selling Hobo junkie :na na:

Peevemor
07-12-2017, 06:18 PM
I love the way that the Yams criticise the way the Police letter is badly worded. Presumably they do not actually read the Budge missives.It's not just that, they criticise everything, writing it off as some hobo plod conspiracy while ignoring that the points raised are real issues that will have to be addressed before their next match. They don't see any problem with standing in the steepest tightest stand in the league. They don't see a problem with directors and other club officials accessing their seats and sitting in among the proles. They don't see why the police should comment on dodgy wiring.

Because her budgieness has now said that my, after a meeting, everything's fine - it doesn't mean that all the issues have been rectified, only that Hahearts have obviously promised that they will be.

Bunch of spangles!

jacomo
07-12-2017, 06:35 PM
To be fair, he was maybe looking forward to trying the new chip thing out in the school view lounge when the thank you's are handed out.

Won't be for a while. Those fryers use a lot of electricity.

It's chips or floodlights - you can't have both at the same time.

Jack Hackett
07-12-2017, 06:39 PM
It's not just that, they criticise everything, writing it off as some hobo plod conspiracy while ignoring that the points raised are real issues that will have to be addressed before their next match. They don't see any problem with standing in the steepest tightest stand in the league. They don't see a problem with directors and other club officials accessing their seats and sitting in among the proles. They don't see why the police should comment on dodgy wiring.

Because her budgieness has now said that my, after a meeting, everything's fine - it doesn't mean that all the issues have been rectified, only that Hahearts have obviously promised that they will be.

Bunch of spangles!

Lest we forget... these are the same fuds who swallowed the "self-sufficient" crap. There's no hope for them... Not that I ever had any :lolyam:

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2017, 06:57 PM
The thread on Kickback is priceless, almost as good as their one when we won the cup.

On the point about the directors area I can’t see how that’s a quick fix?

Thye claim that every stand in the country is the same. Pretty sure ours has separate exits for officials and media and that there are barriers cordoning off that part of the stand.

I wonder what treats reads they’ll serve up at Christmas? Match postponed or abandoned leading to a points deduction or a win awarded to their opponents? :greengrin

Keep em coming Hearts :na na:

hibbyfraelibby
07-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Peter and Roughie about to get tucked in to Certificategate...

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 06:59 PM
The thread on Kickback is priceless, almost as good as their one when we won the cup.

On the point about the directors area I can’t see how that’s a quick fix?

Thye claim that every stand in the country is the same. Pretty sure ours has separate exits for officials and media and that there are barriers cordoning off that part of the stand.

I wonder what treats reads they’ll serve up at Christmas? Match postponed or abandoned leading to a points deduction or a win awarded to their opponents? :greengrin

Keep em coming Hearts :na na:

Anyone got a photo of the Directors box, would like to see what the problem is

Jack Hackett
07-12-2017, 07:01 PM

Link?

Kato
07-12-2017, 07:02 PM
won't be for a while. Those fryers use a lot of electricity.

It's chips or floodlights - you can't have both at the same time.

"ann!!! Ask craig if awright tae turn the floodlights oaf. Milligan's efter mair chunky yins."

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Matches to be categorised as higher risk meaning more police and stewards.

That’s got to mean more expensive too. Ouch.

Jack Hackett
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM

The problem is that it isn't a box, it's a few rows of seats separated from the plebs by stair and walkway, and a shared vomitorium for when the booing gets to Queenie

Aldo
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
This is a thread that always keeps on giving!

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2017, 07:10 PM

The seats with the white bits is the press area. The directors sit in the main section behind that. I think the problem was that fans in the sections to either side were held back to let the directors out. The other thing being that Levein would have had to sit there when sent to the stand. Imagine Lennon sitting there!!

Feel a bit dirty posting this...19892

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 07:26 PM
The seats with the white bits is the press area. The directors sit in the main section behind that. I think the problem was that fans in the sections to either side were held back to let the directors out. The other thing being that Levein would have had to sit there when sent to the stand. Imagine Lennon sitting there!!

Thanks. Can see it now. Ann is really exposed in there, if the team aren’t doing well!

Peevemor
07-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Feel a bit dirty posting this...19892The problem is that the directors don't have a dedicated access (vomitorium) to their seats. The only solution I can see is to stick them right up at the back so they can go directly to the doors that lead (via stairs) to the schoolview suite.

Our directors have their own access - you can see the 'extra' vomitorium.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171207/69ab5c66f8df990f8388c88eb40d443b.jpg

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 07:40 PM
The problem is that the directors don't have a dedicated access (vomitorium) to their seats. The only solution I can see is to stick them right up at the back so they can go directly to the doors that lead (via stairs) to the schoolview suite.

Surely they must known this in the planning stages?

Aldo
07-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Did they have plans??

Kato
07-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Ha. aye good yin. The planning stage was consumed by fitting as many seats in as inhumanly possible. An extra exit would cut that even more. Ordinary things like safety and convenience never occurred to them. The hornies are totally correct in pointing out that aspect. A visiting clubs officials and non-playing staff have to sit in there cheek by jowl with a crowd that often bay for blood at the slightest hint, or imagined hint, of grievance against their cheaty little team. Our manager has already been physically assaulted in that ground - how any Hearts fan can ignore the issue is beyond me. Saying that it's their own staff and officials that'll be bearing the brunt o any abuse for a good while yet. Ann will be cursing missing out on her own, dedicated vomitorium.

Peevemor
07-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Surely they must known this in the planning stages?The drawings submitted are nothing like what's been built so amendments would have been submitted at a late stage. They seemed to be making it up as they went along - Budge-up herself admitted during the work that they didn't know exactly how many seats they'd be able to install.

The Clydesdale fellie wants shot. It's incredible the number of design errors he's made in what is a fairly simple building (it's not as if there aren't enough examples to copy).

Moulin Yarns
07-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Partick Thistle were quickly silenced when they complained All be it they waited till after the game

Hearts. Hibs at Murray field Cannae see the The Police being happy about that in the New Year Would certainly attract Big Hibs Support

We have been through this before. There were two statements from Partick thistle. First on the Saturday morning the second on Sunday morning. Both raised the issue of lack of information and SPFL decision.

They did not wait until after the match.

lord bunberry
07-12-2017, 08:01 PM
The funny thing is that the rest of the cardigan wearing rover enthusiasts have to wait in their seats until the Budge has left the building.

G B Young
07-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Ha. aye good yin. The planning stage was consumed by fitting as many seats in as inhumanly possible. An extra exit would cut that even more. Ordinary things like safety and convenience never occurred to them. The hornies are totally correct in pointing out that aspect. A visiting clubs officials and non-playing staff have to sit in there cheek by jowl with a crowd that often bay for blood at the slightest hint, or imagined hint, of grievance against their cheaty little team. Our manager has already been physically assaulted in that ground - how any Hearts fan can ignore the issue is beyond me. Saying that it's their own staff and officials that'll be bearing the brunt o any abuse for a good while yet. Ann will be cursing missing out on her own, dedicated vomitorium.

And yet that Thomaso bloke on kickback is now breezily stating that the problem with the directors box can be easily rectified by leaving 'extra seats empty around it'.

How freakin amateurish a solution is that, not to mention the cost to the club of not being able to sell those seats? For a new purpose-built stand this thing is a bona fide shambles.

Out of interest, can the police override the council when it comes to issuing safety certificates - especially given the fact it looks like they'll have do devote extra resources to the stand on matchdays? Based on the police concerns raised, it's mind boggling that any kind of safety certificate was issued and I fail to see how the numerous concerns can be addressed before Saturday. Nothing, as far as I can see, has changed and you do wonder how close to the wind the over obliging council sail when it comes to helping Hearts get the OK to house fans in what remains primarily a building site.

Over budget, behind schedule, badly designed and unsafe. What a great legacy Budge has left the yams with this stand.

KDY Hibs
07-12-2017, 08:13 PM
But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? Priceless.

Lol, brilliant!

jacomo
07-12-2017, 08:21 PM

They had to make certain compromises to make sure Tiny Park had more seats than Easter Road.

I'm sure all the Yams agree that the wee added inconvenience is worth it.

hailhail22
07-12-2017, 08:21 PM

Recorded it and just watching it now, Didn't realise Peter Houston is working for Hearts now, Watches the players who are out on loan and writes up reports for levein

duffers
07-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Everybody that gets a ticket for the 27th should turn up in hard hats.

Ronniekirk
07-12-2017, 08:25 PM
We have been through this before. There were two statements from Partick thistle. First on the Saturday morning the second on Sunday morning. Both raised the issue of lack of information and SPFL decision.

They did not wait until after the match.

Well they left it late then and it was given short shrift That was jist of of my point

Deansy
07-12-2017, 08:56 PM
The drawings submitted are nothing like what's been built so amendments would have been submitted at a late stage. They seemed to be making it up as they went along - Budge-up herself admitted during the work that they didn't know exactly how many seats they'd be able to install.

The Clydesdale fellie wants shot. It's incredible the number of design errors he's made in what is a fairly simple building (it's not as if there aren't enough examples to copy).

I've no doubt they made it up as they went along - their big, plastic-coo was getting emptied daily and depending on how much was in it, it dictated if work was continuing the following day or not !. On such a basis, amendments were inevitable as, no matter what was in the building-plans, they would be impossible/scrapped if the coo was short !

hibbyfraelibby
07-12-2017, 09:04 PM

Their Directors and Visiting "dignatories" seating is a disaster waiting to happen. Only a matter of time before a visiting unstrippped player or director gets decked by a mutant.

I can see them having to rethink and move it to the area where the press seats are and moving the press all the way up to the back of the stand.

BurghHibby
07-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Do have my doubts about the letter, but there is a Bob ( Robert ) Park on the force.

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/Councillorsandcommittees/viewSelectedDocument.asp?c=P62AFQUT0G2UDXZL

Can't find any links to a John McNeil at the Council.

There is a John McNeil at Edinburgh council, he's from Musselburgh and a big yam!

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2017, 09:07 PM
The press area looks ridiculous and clearly should have been right at the back with the directors just in front.
They could have saved themselves a lot of bother by simply looking at how we did it :cb

Scott Allan Key
07-12-2017, 09:16 PM
The problem is that the directors don't have a dedicated access (vomitorium) to their seats. The only solution I can see is to stick them right up at the back so they can go directly to the doors that lead (via stairs) to the schoolview suite.

Well, one is a Main Stand and the other one is a product of delusional thinking.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Well, one is a Main Stand and the other one is a product of delusional thinking.

The lights were on and an outstanding view of the whole pitch tonight from the corporate facilities at the AGM tonight. The place looked fantastic. I notice we are now using those natural light racks that benefit the grass in the winter.

I'm sure they must have a similar view at tiny????

RoYO!
07-12-2017, 09:44 PM

Unfortunately the fag packet was chucked into the recycling. The napkin went through the wash.

monktonharp
07-12-2017, 11:07 PM
https://t.co/ojUItWBbOb?amp=1

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkUnrelated incidents? I refer to the comments reported by a gorgie mob representative. hoe the hell are they unrelated in any way? it's ALL about safety ya tit. they have been given the green light, nae pun, by a cack handed council run by a bunch of idiots. the place is not fit for purpose eg:- safe envirnonment for all that attend a football match in a supposed modern stadium with upwards of 15k people attending those matches. they have had a week by week safety certificate (if actually issued, or signed off) which seems to fly in the face of normal ity in this particular region. they're at it, and so are their council cronies.

monktonharp
07-12-2017, 11:12 PM
The police are covering themselves here.

If, God forbid, there is a serious incident at Tiny Park and any of the issues raised in the letter are seen as contributing factors, individuals at the Council could face criminal prosecution.they may be indeed covering themselves, but if you were in their position......../ the Police Scotland are in turmoil, with the latest revelations of top brass problems but at least the divisional mob have taken a grip of this situation and pointed out that they wont sit blindly by.

monktonharp
07-12-2017, 11:15 PM
And people were asking for this thread to be closed as there's nothing to see :greengrin:greengrinhow observant Mikey

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2017, 11:55 PM

The directors hospitality area and press room lead directly to the extra exit ..... Its incredible that Hearts haven't included similar in their new stand, its not a case of catering to the posh folk and press so much as accepting the fact that from time to time directors and staff of not just the away team but the home team as well get abuse and the last thing you want is them having to mix with the abusers. I'm sure Rod Petrie has been grateful for that exit from time to time :greengrin

Pete
08-12-2017, 01:07 AM

Ahh. Looking at that is a welcome interlude.

Here we have a perfectly constructed, well designed stand within a ground that has more than enough internal and external space. No begging or cash cows involved either.

Anyway, back to the big ground. There are still some prefabs in Moredun standing so you never know.

Deansy
08-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Unrelated incidents? I refer to the comments reported by a gorgie mob representative. hoe the hell are they unrelated in any way? it's ALL about safety ya tit. they have been given the green light, nae pun, by a cack handed council run by a bunch of idiots. the place is not fit for purpose eg:- safe envirnonment for all that attend a football match in a supposed modern stadium with upwards of 15k people attending those matches. they have had a week by week safety certificate (if actually issued, or signed off) which seems to fly in the face of normal ity in this particular region. they're at it, and so are their council cronies.

Or this bit -

'Following a satisfactory outcome to a meeting held today at the stadium, attended by all parties, the club is looking forward to welcoming Motherwell Football Club to Tynecaastle Park this Saturday'

No mention whatsoever of the concerns raised by the Police being addressed or even considered - just keeping up with their 'Big bros' over in Govan by arrogantly dismissing any of the problems mentioned in the letter !!

Guaranteed there'll be a full, back-page article by 'All-is' tomorrow and everything will be tickety-boo !!

Cabbage East
08-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Changing the word ‘safety’ to ‘security’ is telling. That statement is a disgrace.

SirDavidsNapper
08-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Their over use of the words "Tynecastle Park" is nauseating.

Brunswickbill
08-12-2017, 10:27 AM
The bit in the letter about fans standing in the front section is interesting. People in the front section have stood throughout the match whenever I have been in their wretched wee hovel. It’s going to be interesting to see what is done about this. The twirling hoard will not be happy. Good luck to the stewards.

Hibee87
08-12-2017, 10:56 AM
The bit in the letter about fans standing in the front section is interesting. People in the front section have stood throughout the match whenever I have been in their wretched wee hovel. It’s going to be interesting to see what is done about this. The twirling hoard will not be happy. Good luck to the stewards.

Is it not more to do with the design of the stand and the disabled support being behind them? In the old stand that section didnt need to worry about people behind them, now they do.

I love how they are getting their knickers in a twist over it and the whataboutry when Hibs or Celtic stand the full match.

Im sure they all stand at E.R as well, and when a whole stand IS standing then the police are pretty powerless, and the away fans wont be obscuring anyones view when they are all at it.

You can just see it now though, a wee section will stand. PC plod will tell them to sit to which they will reject and point to the away fans doing it. Resulting in their removal from the stadium should they continue to ignore it and all hell breaking loose in their wee section of fannies.
Its not difficult to be concious of your fellow supporters behind you, especially the disabled ones.

Andy.1875
08-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Are these safety concerns paving the way for a return to Murrayfield, for the Celtic and Hibs games, to allow them to rectify them.
Also guaranteeing them a much larger crowd as well.

Springbank
08-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Are these safety concerns paving the way for a return to Murrayfield, for the Celtic and Hibs games, to allow them to rectify them.

Always thought with this kind of situation, surely the away team has a bit of leeway to negotiate.

Scenario being, home team are approaching you to say they have fouled up, got a problem of their own making, and looking for ways out of a hole, by requesting the match be moved.

Surely the away team in these circumstances can reasonably say ok, Hearts can keep the ticket money up to 19,200 tickets (including season ticket holders) as that's all they could have shifted had the game been at Tynecastle.
But after that, it's a 50/50 split of all ticket money for tickets sold beyond 19,200 (with Season Books included in the 19,200) plus a cut of hospitality revenue (on the basis there wouldn't have been any worth mentioning at Tynecastle, whereas Murrayfield offers more scope)?

Since90+2
08-12-2017, 12:50 PM
I'd be amazed if Police Scotland allowed a derby to be played at Murrayfield on the 27th bearing in mind its a night game during the holiday season.

It would be an operational nightmare considering its never happened before and the Crowd could feasible be anything between 30-40,000.

jacomo
08-12-2017, 03:29 PM

The embarrassment of having to abandon Tiny Park again would surely be too much, even for them.

All I can see them doing is hiring a load more stewards and security to try and address the issues raised by the polis.

Or pull a few more all nighters to try and fix the stand.

Smartie
08-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Always thought with this kind of situation, surely the away team has a bit of leeway to negotiate.

Scenario being, home team are approaching you to say they have fouled up, got a problem of their own making, and looking for ways out of a hole, by requesting the match be moved.

Surely the away team in these circumstances can reasonably say ok, Hearts can keep the ticket money up to 19,200 tickets (including season ticket holders) as that's all they could have shifted had the game been at Tynecastle.
But after that, it's a 50/50 split of all ticket money for tickets sold beyond 19,200 (with Season Books included in the 19,200) plus a cut of hospitality revenue (on the basis there wouldn't have been any worth mentioning at Tynecastle, whereas Murrayfield offers more scope)?

Whilst I think this is a good idea, it would be quite nice to hear Hibs tell them to "Ram their 19,200".

Thegreenside
08-12-2017, 06:32 PM
All these hearts plums delighted that Dundee’s stand is shut tonight. Comparing their new mega stand to a 50+ year stand. Mugs

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 06:47 PM
All these hearts plums delighted that Dundee’s stand is shut tonight. Comparing their new mega stand to a 50+ year stand. Mugs

Dundee's stand is open just under occupied.

overdrive
08-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Dundee's stand is open just under occupied.

No, it is shut due to a broken pipe apparently according to BT Sport.

StevieT
08-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Perhaps Hearts could take a leaf out of the Dundee book and play in front of three stands.

Kato
08-12-2017, 07:22 PM

...and Hearts fans think that's funny. Wait until their clown car of a mega-stand is a couple of years old and everything starts popping out of place.

tamig
08-12-2017, 07:22 PM

There’s a lot of folk sitting in it then.

Edit - just realised it’s the shed where the cameras are opposite the main stand. ☺️

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 07:29 PM

I think you will find that BT Sport have a number of people in that stand so not closed... I know petty and pedantic.

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 07:34 PM
...and Hearts fans think that's funny. Wait until their clown car of a mega-stand is a couple of years old and everything starts popping out of place.

Maybe the Poleas Alba will force tgem to shut one of their stands on Saturday given it doesn't have any water either. Only fair.Won't be laughing then will they

jgl07
08-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Five reasons why Hearts made a mess of the ‘redevelopment’ of Tynecastle:

1. They should not have stayed there in the first place. It has been declared ‘not fit for purpose’ by Chris Robinson. Both Wallace Mercer and Robinson wanted to leave Tynecastle variously to Millerhill and Riccarton and later to groundshare with Hibs at Straiton. The site is far too tight to build a EUFA compliant 20,000 seater stadium. As things stand it requires an annual dispensation to even hold Premiership matches there let alone UEFA matches beyond the qualification rounds. They only stayed because Vlad committed to satisfy the orcs.

2. If they were going to stay, the Main Stand should have been developed years ago. Hibs did that over 15 years ago. It should have been given priority over the school end years back. Hearts wasted the opportunity with a long involved attempt to move away and they with the Vlad Mega Stand. This delay eventually led to Hearts painting themselves into a corner as they could not close the stand for part of a season without evicting season ticket holders.

3. The phasing of the works was something of a disaster. Despite spending nearly 12 months so far it is nowhere near complete and doubts have been cast on the safety certificate being renewed due partially to bad design as well as things not being complete. Hibs started work on the West at the end of January and it was ready for the start of the next season. They did have to take a hit on attendances due to restricted capacity. Hearts were unwilling to do this.

4. The procurement route selected was Construction Management. This means that there was no main contractor but a professional project manager organising a number of subcontractors. This approach was used for the Scottish Parliament Building and we all know what happened to the cost of that! There is no main contractor to absorb risks and assume responsibility. Hibs used a design build contractor, Barr Construction, for the North and South Stands. Barr constructed stands for half the Premier League teams in Scotland and knew what they were doing.

5. The choice of consultants was somewhat strange choices in appointing consultants. James Clydesdale was appointed to design the building but is a construction manager and not an architect. Hardies were appointed as project managers for the project. They are a primarily a property management and valuation practice. I assume that both were part of the ‘old pals’ act. Clydesdale as a director at Hearts under Wallace Mercer. I suspect that Hardies may be ‘friends of Hearts’ (or Ann Budge?).

So develop a stadium that should have been not have been developed, get the timing wrong by leaving it too late and doing it at the wrong time of the season. Then compound that with a cack-handed procurement route and appoint the wrong consultants. It's no surprise it went pear shaped.

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2017, 11:51 PM
There's a stand thred laughing at the hearts
They would like to dismiss it
but its true you Gorgie tarts

Tornadoes70
08-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Five reasons why Hearts made a mess of the ‘redevelopment’ of Tynecastle:

1. They should not have stayed there in the first place. It has been declared ‘not fit for purpose’ by Chris Robinson. Both Wallace Mercer and Robinson wanted to leave Tynecastle variously to Millerhill and Riccarton and later to groundshare with Hibs at Straiton. The site is far too tight to build a EUFA compliant 20,000 seater stadium. As things stand it requires an annual dispensation to even hold Premiership matches there let alone UEFA matches beyond the qualification rounds. They only stayed because Vlad committed to satisfy the orcs.

2. If they were going to stay, the Main Stand should have been developed years ago. Hibs did that over 15 years ago. It should have been given priority over the school end years back. Hearts wasted the opportunity with a long involved attempt to move away and they with the Vlad Mega Stand. This delay eventually led to Hearts painting themselves into a corner as they could not close the stand for part of a season without evicting season ticket holders.

3. The phasing of the works was something of a disaster. Despite spending nearly 12 months so far it is nowhere near complete and doubts have been cast on the safety certificate being renewed due partially to bad design as well as things not being complete. Hibs started work on the West at the end of January and it was ready for the start of the next season. They did have to take a hit on attendances due to restricted capacity. Hearts were unwilling to do this.

4. The procurement route selected was Construction Management. This means that there was no main contractor but a professional project manager organising a number of subcontractors. This approach was used for the Scottish Parliament Building and we all know what happened to the cost of that! There is no main contractor to absorb risks and assume responsibility. Hibs used a design build contractor, Barr Construction, for the North and South Stands. Barr constructed stands for half the Premier League teams in Scotland and knew what they were doing.

5. The choice of consultants was somewhat strange choices in appointing consultants. James Clydesdale was appointed to design the building but is a construction manager and not an architect. Hardies were appointed as project managers for the project. They are a primarily a property management and valuation practice. I assume that both were part of the ‘old pals’ act. Clydesdale as a director at Hearts under Wallace Mercer. I suspect that Hardies may be ‘friends of Hearts’ (or Ann Budge?).

So develop a stadium that should have been not have been developed, get the timing wrong by leaving it too late and doing it at the wrong time of the season. Then compound that with a cack-handed procurement route and appoint the wrong consultants. It's no surprise it went pear shaped.

Kudos to you for managing to write such a well constructed thoughtful insight into the yams approach to infrastructure development on a Friday night.

:aok:

I had a peek on their kickback and their season has morphed into 'lets hope we beat hibs or someone else beats hibs'. Their season is now all about us. Big team mentality!

wazoo1875
09-12-2017, 12:41 AM
There's a stand thred laughing at the hearts
They would like to dismiss it
but its true you Gorgie tarts

Bowie was my musical hero, but those lyrics are beautiful Bob 😂

Famous Fiver
09-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Wall of noise from Tynie on the radio today.

Aye right!!! You can hear the players shouting to each other!!!

Are they playing in front of three stands?

Bostonhibby
09-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Is Walter (wally) Noyze not one of the 7ft strikers that Colquhoun is trying to convince Potter is the new Kyle laugherty?

Famous Fiver
09-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Just as well they built this impressive world class stand to house another huge crowd.

15,000 odd.

A word of advice for wee Annie. You've just wasted £15 Mill+. How ungrateful of the 400,000 not to take advantage of this fantastic new facility you have provided. What do you mean, the lights are dodgy, the toilets are blocked, the seats are squashed together, and you're getting charged an arm and a leg?

Oh, ma sides!!!

mca
09-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Did anyone see the Security arrangement for Budgie and co leaving the stand...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09j0hlw/sportscene-09122017

about 24.15 on the vid.. Caught a Glimpse and couldnt help but laugh..

Deansy
09-12-2017, 08:01 PM

That'll work fine until, in true Jambo tradition, the cheque to pay the security-company gets lost in the post - repeatedly !

007 Mickey Weir
09-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Did anyone see the Security arrangement for Budgie and co leaving the

Hahahahearts total Amateurs

Is that how away team Directors will leave as well?

CossackBossack
09-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Hahahahearts total Amateurs

Is that how away team Directors will leave as well?

Why do you think (other clubs) police issued the statement [emoji848]

So unplanned it’s ridiculous, they missed the whole VIP area exit [emoji87]

Moulin Yarns
09-12-2017, 09:08 PM
All new buildings have problems. Some just deal with it better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-42292776

Renfrew_Hibby
09-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Big Rodders and Leeann should have their own personal security heavies for visits to Tynie. The whole VIP area in that 'stand' is farcical.

Sammy7nil
09-12-2017, 09:15 PM

Lol surely that causes more problems.

-Jonesy-
09-12-2017, 09:26 PM
This is the way all big club's big people leave their big stadia

MrSmith
09-12-2017, 09:32 PM

More the curtain of noise and like the glass, doesn’t exist!

hibbyfraelibby
09-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Maybe the should instal a glass curtain around the Directors box?

wookie70
09-12-2017, 09:44 PM
I doubt the wall of G4S will help if we turn them over by a few 2 games on the trot.

Thecat23
09-12-2017, 09:51 PM
How she going to get out after we pump them? Imagine the abuse she’s going to take 😂

Pete
10-12-2017, 01:22 AM
How she going to get out after we pump them? Imagine the abuse she’s going to take 😂

They’ll be sick as they head for the vomitorium.

Gmack7
10-12-2017, 07:31 AM

most of the tramps will be long gone before she attempts to remove her cheeks

Fife-Hibee
10-12-2017, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=Thecat23;5241131]How she going to get out after we pump them? Imagine the abuse she’s going to take 😂[/QUOTE There’s gonna be a few scraps in that stand in the coming weeks! Ho ho ho Cannae ****in wait !!🤣🤣🤣 GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Albanian Hibs
10-12-2017, 08:08 AM
So, under 16k again with 700 or so Well fans.

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Hahahahahahahahearts game on BBC Scotland and Richard Gordon complaining all the journalists are getting soaked :faf:
Nobody on here predicted that.................Aye right! :aok:

Even pondered whether it was safe with all the electrics about. "Think they need to rethink this" says Gordon

Alan62
12-12-2017, 06:41 PM
It’s bitterly cold too.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahearts game on BBC Scotland and Richard Gordon complaining all the journalists are getting soaked :faf:

Even pondered whether it was safe with all the electrics about. "Think they need to rethink this" says Gordon

It’s bitterly cold too.

#AllisBarry :greengrin

McD
12-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Naw naw naw....not having that, doesn’t Richard Gordon know that is a state-of-the-art, ahead of it’s time, designed by architectural giants, wonder of the modern age? theyve even almost got running water in there ffs! :wink:

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Teething problems though :jamboclow:lolyam:

Kato
12-12-2017, 06:47 PM

After their game there at the weekend at least one sportsound pundit grumbled about how "exposed" the journos felt in that area. Predicted on here as potentially open to a downpour.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Naw naw naw....not having that, doesn’t Richard Gordon know that is a state-of-the-art, ahead of it’s time, designed by architectural giants, wonder of the modern age? theyve even almost got running water in there ffs! :wink:

Sounds like they've more than they want atm... the good news is it'll be pissing down all game :thumbsup:

Kato
12-12-2017, 06:49 PM
It’s bitterly cold too.

Faces west, bonkers in this area of the country to have your "posh" seats look into the most common prevailing wind. Must be brass as.

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 06:50 PM
After their game there at the weekend at least one sportsound pundit grumbled about how "exposed" the journos felt in that area. Predicted on here as potentially open to a downpour.

:hmmm: That will not be the reason the directors area (no box) is behind the journalist area of course :yamlaugh:

Pete
12-12-2017, 06:52 PM

My heart goes out to them.

To be honest I’d rather paying supporters were protected from the rain than journalists.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Still giving... 330 pages in :lolyam:

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
My heart goes out to them.

To be honest I’d rather paying supporters were protected from the rain than journalists.

Previous posts on here were about the roof of the stand being inadequate to protect people from about the centre area down to the front. That includes the journalists area but also a significant amount of fans. It remains priceless

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
"Sitting in the new state of the art stand at Tynecastle where the roof doesnt do the job it was designed to do to keep the rain off you"

BBC SPORTSOUND

H113EE5
12-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Still giving... 330 pages in :lolyam:

Quote from BBC commentary.. 'Roof doesn't do too much if it's raining' Tee hee :na na: :na na::na na:

seanshow
12-12-2017, 07:00 PM
"Sitting in the new state of the art stand at Tynecastle where the roof doesnt do the job it was designed to do to keep the rain off you"

BBC SPORTSOUND

Potential of twatty Preston being electrocuted by radio equipment, very very unfortunate.

mca
12-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Wonder if the Budgie is getting a bit Wet... :greengrin

Slavers
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
"Sitting in the new state of the art stand at Tynecastle where the roof doesnt do the job it was desined to do to keep the rain off you"

BBC SPORTSOUND

Just heard this on the radio and it raised a big smile. I think after all the calamities building this stand then this is the topper. The fact the roof does not do it job will haunt them for years, years of sitting in pishing rain getting soaked watching dire football.

Who is going to be daft enough to buy a season ticket for one of the seats under a roof that does not cover them, sitting in the pishing rain most weeks.

Jack
12-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Look on the bright side jambos.

It's not snowing!

jgl07
12-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Just heard this on the radio and it raised a big smile. I think after all the calamities building this stand then this is the topper. The fact the roof does not do it job will haunt them for years, years of sitting in pishing rain getting soaked watching dire football.

Who is going to be daft enough to buy a season ticket for one of the seats under a roof that does not cover them, sitting in the pishing rain most weeks.
They can always switch to the seats behind the police box. That should keep most of the rain off.

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 07:14 PM
They can always switch to the seats behind the police box. That should keep most of the rain off.

:aok:

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Wonder if the Budgie is getting a bit Wet... :greengrin

The Tena Lady?

iwasthere1972
12-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Hearts. The raining champions.

Just Alf
12-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Just heard they're pushing for summer footy?? Can't imagine why! :-) :dunno:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

KerPlunk
12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Quote from BBC commentary.. 'Roof doesn't do too much if it's raining' Tee hee :na na: :na na::na na:

Wouldn’t be the first time Preston’s been very moist watching the hoofball at Tynecastle.:jamboak:

Aldo
12-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Do these journo’s know it’s the biggest, bestest and most modern non finished stadium with restricted views in the country.

I hope it hammers it down and they all get soaked

Biggie
12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
They could always retreat to hospitality and watch the game from there....oh wait

Kato
12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Do these journo’s know it’s the biggest, bestest and most modern non finished stadium with restricted views in the country.

You missed out how it's "the envy" of Scottish Football.

Aldo
12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
You missed out how it's "the envy" of Scottish Football.

Knew there was something but we have to remember there is so much that it gives!

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Just seen a picture on keekback taken during the first half. Roseburn stand next to empty, Gorgie looks same and Wheatfield about 1000 fans sitting up the back and the super duper state of the art shelterless tram shelter half empty.

If there are 8000 there you'll be lucky.

Bostonhibby
12-12-2017, 07:47 PM
You missed out how it's "the envy" of Scottish Football.Atmospheric.

There's a hole in your bucket, dear doctor, dear doctor

There's a hole in you bucket dear doctor, a hole.....etc

Song for the derby?

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Just heard they're pushing for summer footy?? Can't imagine why! :-) :dunno:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

well they get my vote for that :greengrin

Broken Gnome
12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Just seen a picture on keekback taken during the first half. Roseburn stand next to empty, Gorgie looks same and Wheatfield about 1000 fans sitting up the back and the super duper state of the art shelterless tram shelter half empty.

If there are 8000 there you'll be lucky.

The one taken during the warm-ups??

jgl07
12-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Hearts. The raining champions.

So says Gary Locke.

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
The one taken during the warm-ups??

No this one was defo during first half. Hertz ans Dundee players both standing next to each other all over pitch

StevieT
12-12-2017, 08:05 PM
15,556 according to BBC

WHAM
12-12-2017, 08:13 PM
No this one was defo during first half. Hertz ans Dundee players both standing next to each other all over pitch

Definitely the warm up. You can see the goalies warming up in the spare goal down the bottom right.

jacomo
12-12-2017, 08:17 PM
This thread has now turned into a match day thread.

:faf:

Oh Jambos, it's not gone well!

Bostonhibby
12-12-2017, 08:18 PM
A roof that disnae work? Teething problem.

Nothing a decent architect can't sort out, oh wait a minute.

Carheenlea
12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
State of the art facilities that are the envy of the SPFL

http://i67.tinypic.com/289eyvb.jpg

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 08:30 PM

That's a very telling image :greengrin

rotherhamrob
12-12-2017, 08:41 PM

I take it that's soaking all mics.

kaimendhibs
12-12-2017, 11:28 PM

It's not snowing!Wee look into the futurehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171213/5266819c46fce6cc3cb358cf6d787c5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greenfly
12-12-2017, 11:30 PM

It's not snowing!

Hail! Hail!

southern hibby
13-12-2017, 12:17 AM
This thread has now turned into a match day thread.

Oh Jambos, it's not gone well!

Let’s see how well I do the commentary.

Kick off and hoof. Hoof hoof out for a throw in. Throw in taken and and hoof hoof hoof.

GGTTH

greenlex
17-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Problems at half time today. Power problem triggering an alarm which was ignored. Is this thing safe?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Atmospheric.

There's a hole in your bucket, dear doctor, dear doctor

There's a hole in you bucket dear doctor, a hole.....etc

Song for the derby?

I hope not.

hibby6270
17-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Wee look into the futurehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171213/5266819c46fce6cc3cb358cf6d787c5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:greengrin:greengrin
Believe it or not that game was played to a finish with the pitch covered in about 10 inches of snow.
Apparently it wasn’t that cold either so the snow was soft and safe enough for play to continue!!

Famous Fiver
17-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Attendance today was reportedly around the 18,500 mark

I take it that the ground was full.

Well short of our 2 twenty thousand plus crowds in the last week.

Any Hearts lurkers on here care to comment?

hibbysam
17-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Attendance today was reportedly around the 18,500 mark

I take it that the ground was full.

Well short of our 2 twenty thousand plus crowds in the last week.

Any Hearts lurkers on here care to comment?

There was a whole section empty in the Gorgie stand behind the tv box. A section behind the goals of about 50 seats in the Celtic end taped off, and numerous empty seats in the main stand, couldn’t see wheatfield from the tele as that’s wher the cameras are. Probably talking about 1000 empty seats.

Famous Fiver
17-12-2017, 06:03 PM
I think the empty seats would be counted since they were probably season ticket no shows.

By my calculations using your info let's say 500 (at the most) empty unpaid seats.

Nowhere near 20,000 imho.

Over to Hearts Stadium Announcer for clarification.

17-12-2017, 06:51 PM
I think the empty seats would be counted since they were probably season ticket no shows.

By my calculations using your info let's say 500 (at the most) empty unpaid seats.

Nowhere near 20,000 imho.

Over to Hearts Stadium Announcer for clarification.

Looking forward to the attendance being announced by him on the 27th so we can do a sarcastic cheer, though it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't mention it.

Col2
17-12-2017, 07:33 PM
They have c150 tickets unsold. Today attendance should be a strong indicator of the new capacity.

greenlex
17-12-2017, 07:47 PM
They have c150 tickets unsold. Today attendance should be a strong indicator of the new capacity.

Less than 19k then.

Jack
17-12-2017, 09:05 PM
BBC

Attendance: 18,555

Famous Fiver
18-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Desperate to sell the restricted view seats and obviously claim them in the attendance figure.

You couldn't make it up but this is Hawrts we are talking about.

Why don't they just put a pile of seats in the piazza (another joke btw) so that they can listen to the crowd noise and add them to the attendance?

What a joke of a club.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2017, 11:53 AM
BBC

Capacity crowd then

lapsedhibee
18-12-2017, 01:40 PM
BBC

I forget now - in yamathematics, is 18,555 more or less than 20,000? I've a feeling it must be more, because for it to be less would mean that Mrs Bodge had lied to fans about the stadium's capacity, which she shirley wouldn't have done.

MrSmith
18-12-2017, 01:54 PM
I forget now - in yamathematics, is 18,555 more or less than 20,000? I've a feeling it must be more, because for it to be less would mean that Mrs Bodge had lied to fans about the stadium's capacity, which she shirley wouldn't have done.

Now now! MrsBudge wouldn't lie, its simply a misprint and meant to be 108,555.

Jack Hackett
18-12-2017, 04:07 PM

To be fair, she's always been a bit circumspect with the total figure... always using the word 'around' and never 'actual'. The 'simple' fans draw their own conclusions... depending on how simple they actually are.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 04:11 PM
To be fair, she's always been a bit circumspect with the total figure... always using the word 'around' and never 'actual'. The 'simple' fans draw their own conclusions... depending on how simple they actually are.The flaw in your argument is they think a conclusion is an occlusion.

Jack Hackett
18-12-2017, 04:36 PM
The flaw in your argument is they think a conclusion is an occlusion.

Never a nice thing to have in the vomitorium :greengrin

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Never a nice thing to have in the vomitorium :greengrin

:greengrin Hobos. we can only dream about fancy sounding names and made up big words.

HoboHarry
18-12-2017, 05:18 PM
:greengrin Hobos. we can only dream about fancy sounding names and made up big words.
Here ya bam - I'm a Hobo and know loads of fancy words.......

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Here ya bam - I'm a Hobo and know loads of fancy words.......

:greengrin☺

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2017, 05:24 PM
To be fair, she's always been a bit circumspect with the total figure... always using the word 'around' and never 'actual'. The 'simple' fans draw their own conclusions... depending on how simple they actually are.

No I'm pretty certain she said in one of her statements capacity would be just over 20k.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 05:31 PM
No I'm pretty certain she said in one of her statements capacity would be just over 20k.Am sure this was the case early on.

Her background is I T delivery. Over promise, under deliver and do it late and over budget. If you use big technical words and a few made up ones the client will never know. Allisbarry [emoji106]

Carheenlea
18-12-2017, 09:27 PM
State of the art facilities

http://i68.tinypic.com/k03pna.jpg

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 09:30 PM

What are the 2 numpties doing standing at the back of it? is there a dart board?

NAE NOOKIE
18-12-2017, 09:57 PM

Jeezo, that's sadder than sad and indicative of what a botched job their whole stadium has become, to not think of TV facilities in any one of the 4 stands and have to lose seats to a garden shed plonked on the bottom of a stand is amateurish in the extreme :faf:

Bostonhibby
18-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Jeezo, that's sadder than sad and indicative of what a botched job their whole stadium has become, to not think of TV facilities in any one of the 4 stands and have to lose seats to a garden shed plonked on the bottom of a stand is amateurish in the extreme :faf:On the positive side, could all the press guys not shelter underneath it when the rain starts? Got to be better than getting soaked like before.

jacomo
18-12-2017, 10:11 PM

At least it's a green box.

silverhibee
18-12-2017, 10:17 PM

That's surely not safe where it is, what a f***ing joke club the poppy thieves are.

And why the f*** are people sitting behind it in that single row to the end, they really are "simple people", roasters the lot of them, how can any simple person think that's acceptable for £15m+ for the poppy thieve stand.

Mentalbarnett
18-12-2017, 10:30 PM
How close are selling seats beside that thing. I could imagine fans shaking it and if it is as shoddy as it looks that could be dangerous.

18-12-2017, 10:50 PM

Exaggerating the truth is a concomitant feature of being a Jambo.

hibby6270
18-12-2017, 10:55 PM

That’s where it was situated on Sunday for the Celtic game. In the Gorgie stand.
They are apparently moving it to the Roseburn stand for our game on 27th.

See separate thread about the additional restricted view tickets for us going on sale Tuesday morning.

Tornadoes70
18-12-2017, 11:00 PM
On the positive side, could all the press guys not shelter underneath it when the rain starts? Got to be better than getting soaked like before.

Just surprised they didn't offer us another ten or fifteen tickets thereabouts whereby squeezing more money out of our fans by allowing us to sit underneath the shed thingy. They seem to have missed a trick there.

Ozyhibby
18-12-2017, 11:07 PM
It’s the same box sky use at Easter Road. I’m curious how they got it into Tynecastle though?

hibby6270
18-12-2017, 11:20 PM
It’s the same box sky use at Easter Road. I’m curious how they got it into Tynecastle though?

Flat pack!! :greengrin:greengrin

silverhibee
18-12-2017, 11:28 PM

Hope to f*** Kris Boyd isn't being allowed in the shed.:cb

Ronniekirk
19-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Through that Thunderbirds Flat in the Stand

snedzuk
19-12-2017, 07:51 AM

Looks like one of these plastic rentokil rat poison boxes you see about the place.

Austinho
19-12-2017, 08:01 AM

http://i68.tinypic.com/k03pna.jpgWhy are the front seats pinky/purple, and the seats at the back blood-turd brown?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Why are the front seats pinky/purple, and the seats at the back blood-turd brown?To help recreate the famous old characterful atmospheric ground we keep hearing about?

Alternatively they couldn't afford to make them all the same?

Carheenlea
19-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Charismatic hand rails

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ppzpm9.jpg

Ceiling a work in progress

http://i68.tinypic.com/16kxqps.jpg

Some provision to assist with restricted view - maybe adding all those blocks together could help reach that magical 20K figure.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ir9ke9.jpg

silverhibee
19-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Charismatic hand rails

Some provision to assist with restricted view - maybe adding all those blocks together could help reach that magical 20K figure.

Wow, just f***ing wow. What a s***hole.

Geo_1875
19-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Wow, just f***ing wow. What a s***hole.

A £15,000,000 s***hole if you don't mind.

GlesgaeHibby
19-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Cost now confirmed at AGM as being around £15m

KdyHby
19-12-2017, 12:49 PM
main stand to reach £15 million Hearts chairwoman Ann Budge and manager Craig Levein arrive at Tynecastle for today's agm. Pic: Greg Macvean BARRY ANDERSON Email Published: 12:58 Tuesday 19 December 2017 0 HAVE YOUR SAY Hearts owner Ann Budge has revealed that the final cost of Tynecastle Park’s new main stand will reach £15 million. Budge told shareholders at Tuesday’s annual general meeting that anonymous benefactors have agreed to provide an extra £1.5m to help with the project. The initial cost to rebuild the stand was to be £12m, a figure revised to £14m earlier this year. Budge confirmed that stadium redevelopment is now expected to total £15m. Benefactors were initially giving £3m towards the cost but will now contribute £4.5m in total by the time work is finished at Tynecastle in summer 2018. “I thought we were looking at £14m, I’m now telling you I think we are looking at £15m,” Budge explained to shareholders at the 111th Hearts AGM inside the stadium’s Gorgie Suite. Budge predicted that the new stand will earn Hearts around an extra £1m income per year. She added that the board have the use of a £1.75m loan facility to help with costs and are intending to use at least some of those funds over the winter months. There are no plans at the moment to rename the new stand through sponsorship but this has not been ruled for the future. Hearts still hope to replace the Tynecastle pitch next summer with a hybrid surface similar to that at Murrayfield. Budge explained that the price for this will be between £850,000 and £1m. Manager Craig Levein also addressed the AGM and said he expects another six or eight youth academy players to sign professional contracts with the Edinburgh club next summer. That follows the recent progress of 16-year-olds Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald into the first team this season. Levein also insisted Hearts’ recruitment must improve after six out of nine players signed in January this year were released during the summer. “I think the recruitment was better in the summer than it was in January. We got a real fright in January, when mistakes were made,” said Levein, who was director of football at that time with Ian Cathro head coach. “We are trying to limit mistakes but I don’t think we’ll ever get to a point where we don’t make any. “I’m glad I decided to go back into the dugout (in September). At least I go home on a Saturday night exhausted from shouting rather than sitting in the stand frustrated.” A question from the floor asked Levein when Hearts would “stop being bullied by Hibs in derby matches”. The Easter Road side have not lost any of the last eight meetings between the clubs since August 2014. “Nobody has sat in that stand feeling sick more than me,” replied Levein. “We’ve been poor in derby matches in the last couple of years and we will be ready for the next one. I can’t guarantee we’ll win but we won’t be bullied, that’s for sure.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agm-final-cost-of-main-stand-to-reach-15-million-1-4643058

-Jonesy-
19-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Don't get what Potter is saying about January/Summer recruitment...he was DOF, is he trying to pass the buck onto himself, what a total fanjob

Pete
19-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Charismatic hand rails

That top picture can’t be an area used by the public as those handrails are literally a death trap, especially for young kids.

I don’t know how these things work but if anyone has passed that area for public use they need investigated or sacked. If the rules say that’s Ok then that’s outrageous.

Keith_M
19-12-2017, 01:33 PM
You know, the Hearts Fans that just sat through a 4-0 win over Celtc the day after we were humiliated by Aberdeen, won't be caring a jot about what we think of their new stand.

Pete
19-12-2017, 01:44 PM
You know, the Hearts Fans that just sat through a 4-0 win over Celtc the day after we were humiliated by Aberdeen, won't be caring a jot about what we think of their new stand.

They will if one of their kids falls through that handrail.

Besides...this thread isn’t for them. :rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
19-12-2017, 02:46 PM

They will if their kid falls through the rails

ancient hibee
19-12-2017, 02:54 PM
They will if their kid falls through the rails
Those “rails” are clearly scaffolding .

JimBHibees
19-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Don't get what Potter is saying about January/Summer recruitment...he was DOF, is he trying to pass the buck onto himself, what a total fanjob

Yep he had no say right enough they were bringing in guys like Stockton who no way on this earth Cathro would have wanted and the main agent was one of Potters best mates.

Think he said they wouldnt be bullied in the last derby also.

The new Guardiola was certainly getting about yesterday think I must have seen or heard him about 4 times during the day.

Iggy Pope
19-12-2017, 03:04 PM

Commonly known as temporary edge protection.
Might meet construction industry regs in terms of height and intermediate rail, but certainly not suitable for public stair access. Assuming the photo in question is publicly accessed.
If this is masquerading as a balustrade I can't believe Building Control would see it fit for public occupation.

Albanian Hibs
19-12-2017, 03:16 PM

And?

ancient hibee
19-12-2017, 03:17 PM
And?
And what?

Billy Whizz
19-12-2017, 03:29 PM
I presume this additional £1 million they’ll make on match days, is for a full season?

Albanian Hibs
19-12-2017, 03:31 PM
And what?

So this scaffolding will stop a kid from falling through It?

Fuzzywuzzy
19-12-2017, 03:37 PM
BBC saying that the new stand will generate an extra £1m on match days??? Shirley there mushed be shome mishtake

MyJo
19-12-2017, 03:41 PM
BBC saying that the new stand will generate an extra £1m on match days??? Shirley there mushed be shome mishtake

£1m per year additional revenue.

green day
19-12-2017, 03:44 PM
I presume this additional £1 million they’ll make on match days, is for a full season?

Its the extra corporate they will make over the season in the new white elephant.

As most of it will happen on home games (as opposed to functions) it works out at around £50k per home match - I have no idea if thats good, bad or if thats profit or top line??

For what its worth, Hibs are also doing fantastically well in hospitality this year. A bunch of us are going at the next Aberdeen match (17th Feb).

When we booked, Gallery was totally sold out and we are in The Clubhouse (same deal, different room).

I tried to add another name today and its completely sold out.

ancient hibee
19-12-2017, 03:50 PM
So this scaffolding will stop a kid from falling through It?
It’s for construction workers not the public.

Golden Bear
19-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Also saying this:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42415484

Its enough to make you boak.

:sick:

Iggy Pope
19-12-2017, 04:15 PM
It’s for construction workers not the public.

Certain? I certainly hope so. More mischief from Hibbies with cameras then.

Deansy
19-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Also saying this:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42415484

Its enough to make you boak.

:sick:

'Mystery donors contribute £4.5m of stand redevelopement costs'

Once again these super-duper 'Mystery donors' dip in and help the Jambos out - though I wonder where these 'donors' were when Hearts were in danger of going under ??. They don't mind shelling out for what is basically, a face-lift for Tyney but they didn't want to save them ??.

It's probably Budgie herself as part of a tax-scam !

G B Young
19-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Is that single row of seats running up the side of the stand?! There's appears to be one literally jammed in directly behind a pillar.

greenginger
19-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Is that single row of seats running up the side of the stand?! There's appears to be one literally jammed in directly behind a pillar.

Yep, that's the Yams Johnny nae-mates section. :greengrin

G B Young
19-12-2017, 05:13 PM

That may be so. And yes, most fans would stand on a mudbank if they were watching a winning team week in week out. However that does not detract from the fact that the 'design' of this £15 MILLION stand is mind bogglingly inept. Those photos are extraordinary, especially the one of the guy standing on top of a lump of concrete to get a better view. There must have been fewer restricted view seats in the old Archibald Leitch-designed stand.

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-12-2017, 05:22 PM
I wonder what their debt is like now?

StevieT
19-12-2017, 05:43 PM

I might be wrong here, but doesn't the tv shed thing not also have a restricted view of one of the goals. Will you not need to press your face against the window (or glass curtain) to see across to the goals?

Velma Dinkley
19-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Hearts is the only club known to have spent 15 million quid to transform an awful stand into a ridiculously awful stand.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-12-2017, 05:57 PM
'Mystery donors contribute £4.5m of stand redevelopement costs'

Once again these super-duper 'Mystery donors' dip in and help the Jambos out - though I wonder where these 'donors' were when Hearts were in danger of going under ??. They don't mind shelling out for what is basically, a face-lift for Tyney but they didn't want to save them ??.

It's probably Budgie herself as part of a tax-scam !

It's a pity those "donations" weren't available when they were stealing everyone's money to get their ill gotten gains...

Liars, thieves, cheats,chancers, always have been always will be.

Alan62
19-12-2017, 06:28 PM
BBC and Darryl Broadfoot bigging up Budgie for the sterling job she's doing over the road on tonight's edition of Sportsound. It's the usual inexplicable love-in where praise is lavished and questions aren't asked. Ah well, it's still a carbuncle eh?

As an aside, Mr Broadfoot isn't at all happy that Aberdeen Council isn't doing everything it can to subvert planning law and help Aberdeen Football Club rip up the green belt. It's a disgrace, so it is.

Aldo
19-12-2017, 06:37 PM
£1m per year additional revenue.

Defo a year not per match!!

Ronniekirk
19-12-2017, 06:44 PM

They never seem short of mysterious investors what happened to fair play and Financial Transparency

Aldo
19-12-2017, 06:46 PM
They never seem short of mysterious investors what happened to fair play and Financial Transparency

A number of words there Ronnie that do not sit right when you talk about the yams and money! [emoji848]

hibbyfraelibby
19-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Forgive me but surely most of the hospitality will be taken up by their own fans migrating, many on a match by match basis as corporate hospitality nose dived when the latest anti corruption legislation was introduced and HMRC want their cut from the receiver, leaving as at ER the normal season ticket seat free.

Crowds wont rise and on the basis of £1m profit per season they would require a turn over uplift of close to £4m. Fantasy league stuff.

Aldo
19-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Forgive me but surely most of the hospitality will be taken up by their own fans migrating, many on a match by match basis as corporate hospitality nose dived when the latest anti corruption legislation was introduced and HMRC want their cut from the receiver, leaving as at ER the normal season ticket seat free. Crowds wont rise and on the basis of £1m profit per season they would require a turn over uplift of close to £4m. Fantasy league stuff.

They seem to spout figures and the BBC and all is Barry take it as red!

They've duped folk before and doesn't and wouldn't surprise me if they are it it/doing it again!

ancient hibee
19-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Forgive me but surely most of the hospitality will be taken up by their own fans migrating, many on a match by match basis as corporate hospitality nose dived when the latest anti corruption legislation was introduced and HMRC want their cut from the receiver, leaving as at ER the normal season ticket seat free.

Crowds wont rise and on the basis of £1m profit per season they would require a turn over uplift of close to £4m. Fantasy league stuff.
Think she said £1million revenue not profit.

wookie70
19-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Think she said £1million revenue not profit.

Would that not equate roughly to 3000 extra seats for a season. There will only be extra income if there are extra bums on seats. If they go on a poor run particularly if it includes no wins against us they won't sell enough tickets to fill the old attendance.

jacomo
19-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Would that not equate roughly to 3000 extra seats for a season. There will only be extra income if there are extra bums on seats. If they go on a poor run particularly if it includes no wins against us they won't sell enough tickets to fill the old attendance.

It's hospitality, mainly.

Just mind and wait for the directors before going for your half time refreshments though.

FilipinoHibs
20-12-2017, 12:41 AM
It's hospitality, mainly.

Just mind and wait for the directors before going for your half time refreshments though.
£1m over 18 home games is £55,555 extra income a game. Say at £50 pop a head then 1,111 corporates per game. Seems very ambitious. Do they have that many free seats? The corporates will have to sit in the general stand. Plus as somebody noted legislation makes it difficult to accept this sort of gift now.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2017, 06:30 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-say-hibs-restricted-view-seats-couldn-t-be-helped-1-4643469

The requirement for the gantry was always there and it used to be set up at the Roseburn side of the old stand.

This is symbolic of the shambles that the planning and design of the whole stand has been.

The Spaceman
20-12-2017, 06:53 AM

Hahaha!! That is a single row of seats! How utterly desperate.

oneone73
20-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Hahaha!! That is a single row of seats! How utterly desperate.

Been like that since the Roseburn went up. Sometimes it's a blessing to have that single seat!

jacomo
20-12-2017, 07:26 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-say-hibs-restricted-view-seats-couldn-t-be-helped-1-4643469

The requirement for the gantry was always there and it used to be set up at the Roseburn side of the old stand.

This is symbolic of the shambles that the planning and design of the whole stand has been.

A lesser club would be a bit embarrassed about this.

Proper Big Teams style it out and blame any problems on the visiting club.

brog
20-12-2017, 07:42 AM
A lesser club would be a bit embarrassed about this.

Proper Big Teams style it out and blame any problems on the visiting club.
Complete impertinence. Budgie says she doesn't know why their fans should be inconvenienced again! Em because it's you that's totally screwed up, in every way possible, the construction of your new bus shelter. Why should visitors be punished for their errors. Shameless.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2017, 08:11 AM
£1m over 18 home games is £55,555 extra income a game. Say at £50 pop a head then 1,111 corporates per game. Seems very ambitious. Do they have that many free seats? The corporates will have to sit in the general stand. Plus as somebody noted legislation makes it difficult to accept this sort of gift now.

Remember there’s at least another 2,500 seats in the new stand. Most will cone from extra income from that, providing they can fill the stadium

JimBHibees
20-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Complete impertinence. Budgie says she doesn't know why their fans should be inconvenienced again! Em because it's you that's totally screwed up, in every way possible, the construction of your new bus shelter. Why should visitors be punished for their errors. Shameless.

Yep absolutely shameless by Budge justifying it by saying the Hibs tickets werent on sale at the time the decision was taken. What an absolute balloon. Her mess, her lies, others responsibility.

“The Hibs tickets hadn’t gone on sale at that point so we were able to put the studio there. There will be some seats lost. I’ve sat in all the seats and you can’t see the corner flag. A supporter may feel really bad about that. “Hibs came down on Friday, had a look at the set-up and they know what’s required. There is frustration. If we were able to offer a studio without a pitch view it wouldn’t be an issue.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-say-hibs-restricted-view-seats-couldn-t-be-helped-1-4643469

Totally obnoxious as I think it is fair to say that fans behind the shed will have a little more than the corner flag blocked out.

Tornadoes70
20-12-2017, 08:27 AM

:top marks

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
20-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Yep absolutely shameless by Budge justifying it by saying the Hibs tickets werent on sale at the time the decision was taken. What an absolute balloon. Her mess, her lies, others responsibility.

“The Hibs tickets hadn’t gone on sale at that point so we were able to put the studio there. There will be some seats lost. I’ve sat in all the seats and you can’t see the corner flag. A supporter may feel really bad about that. “Hibs came down on Friday, had a look at the set-up and they know what’s required. There is frustration. If we were able to offer a studio without a pitch view it wouldn’t be an issue.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-say-hibs-restricted-view-seats-couldn-t-be-helped-1-4643469

Totally obnoxious as I think it is fair to say that fans behind the shed will have a little more than the corner flag blocked out.

Hibs should have just refused to take and sell those seats - make hearts take the hit on income. Wonder why they didnt?

Peevemor
20-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Hibs should have just refused to take and sell those seats - make hearts take the hit on income. Wonder why they didnt?

Given that they sold out almost instantly,the demand was obviously there. There would have been chaos if people discovered that Hibs decided not to sell 600 seats, albeit with restricted views.

JimBHibees
20-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Given that they sold out almost instantly,the demand was obviously there. There would have been chaos if people discovered that Hibs decided not to sell 600 seats, albeit with restricted views.

Agree totally Hearts have put Hibs in a pretty crap position with this nonsense. It is something that shouldnt be forgotten.

Nicho87
20-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Budge is a ****in cretin.

Thecat23
20-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Budge is a self-centred old cow. She’s doing everything to upset us for the derby. She actually thinks she is some sort of queen as well. Time someone bought her a new outfit the tramp that she is.

Imagine the seethe if they lose both games or draw one and lose the cup game. Her house will come crashing down around her.

greenlex
20-12-2017, 10:30 AM
It Hibs had to have the option of restricting some seats views at ER (no matter who was to blame)I’d hope they would do it to away fans. Makes sense to me.

lyonhibs
20-12-2017, 11:51 AM
It Hibs had to have the option of restricting some seats views at ER (no matter who was to blame)I’d hope they would do it to away fans. Makes sense to me.

Quite this. Of course our stadium isn't a joke so this won't happen but in principle I'm not at all surprised with what Budgie has done.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Quite this. Of course our stadium isn't a joke so this won't happen but in principle I'm not at all surprised with what Budgie has done.Tend to agree, the idiots will be chuffed at this and it's quite a distraction from how much she's actually cocked up and smokescreened a few other things along the way.

G B Young
20-12-2017, 11:59 AM

Amateurish as ever from Budge. "If we were able to offer a studio without a pitch view it wouldn’t be an issue". Yep, it's those pesky broadcasters who are fault for having the audacity to want to see the pitch!! What would be the point of having a matchday studio if those inside it can't see out? It would be no better than simply broadcasting from a studio in Glasgow with the telly on.

The truth, Ann, is that your new stand has caused no end of problems due to your obsession with cramming as many seats into it as possible. Had you designed it properly you could have allowed for both a new police control box AND space to house a TV studio without obscuring anybody's view (not to mention a directors box that doesn't inconvenience the paying fans from getting out of the stadium as well as a press box that doesn't get rained on). Instead you've ended up with this absurd situation whereby the TV studio gets shunted around to wherever you deem it to cause least interference.

The Pieman said Tynecastle wasn't fit for purpose more than a decade ago. Despite going £3 million pounds (and probably more) over budget on the new stand you've actually made it even less fit for purpose. Hard to believe it's possible to get things so wrong with a £15 million budget.

Firestarter
20-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Ansolute tramps. £15m spent on what exactly?

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2017, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=SingHibs;5252773]£1m over 18 home games is £55,555 extra income a game. Say at £50 pop a head then 1,111 corporates per game. Seems very ambitious. Do they have that many free seats? The corporates will have to sit in the general stand. Plus as somebody noted legislation makes it difficult to accept this sort of gift now.[/QUOTE

It’s £140 at ER for hospitality for the Ross Co game on Saturday.

Keith_M
20-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have the wee shed at the back of the stand, meaning nobody's view is blocked?

:confused: