PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

fat freddy
26-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Did you miss the thread about the School-line Restaurant?

We need a comprehensive list of Greenhouse Construction mishaps

Feel free to add any cluster****ues that I may have left out.

£3 million over budget.

Skyline view of castle with restricted view of castle but good view of teachers and schoolchildren in classrooms.

50 tills in mega kiosk which sells new invention containing potatoes.

Seats with a view of the back of a police control box.

Behind schedule by 2/3/4 months. (Delete dependi g on when you read this)

Hospitality suites facing away from the pitch.

Spending £14 Million to remain non Uefa compliant.

Selling season tickets for a section that wont be ready till the top six split.

Feature facade that resembles Wernham Hogg offices.

Pile driving reinforcing piles resulting in demolition of nearby tenements.

Carrying out works without the necessary safety certs and insurances.

Building steel infrastructure prior to demolishing existing stand resulting in huge delays to internal construction.

Ordering seating from China because it is cheaper but not organising transport.

Sending a man to China to arrange transport of cheap seating.

Playing home games at Murrayfield until December because the seating is in a container at Tilbury Docks awaiting haulage to Edinburgh.

Being too skint to sack Cathro.

Alan62
26-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Korea not China for the seats. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
26-07-2017, 06:02 PM
They wish :jamboak:

The pics of the new RED (Aberdeen colours) and maroon panels look horrendous.

They could have saved a lot of money if they stayed away from this glass nonsense they have tried to install.

Pics can be seen here - http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-lower-pitchside-steelwork-started-updated/page-311

That is absolutely horrible and cheap and nasty

It looks like something your children would create out of Lego or the like

Fair play to them for building the stand which they had to do, but they could have built something a bit less ugly

Those panels will never finish needing maintained and in 2 or 3 years the shiny structure will look like the rest of the ****hole, a post war Soviet block type construction made out of the cheapest crap available and guaranteed to fall apart within 25 years

fat freddy
26-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Whatever...Chris Rea, Korea, Diorrhea, the important thing is they are stuck on a very slow barge in the middle of the Indian Ocean

Alan62
26-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Indeed it is!

greenginger
26-07-2017, 06:56 PM

And its not the seats, its the decking the seats will be fixed to that's due to come from Korea.

Its also the probable cause of the delay in them taking delivery of the Creagh Concrete order . I take it they will be gangway steps that will overlap the seat decking material and must be fitted once that decking is in place.

Just need to wait until the boat comes in.

jacomo
26-07-2017, 07:49 PM
They wish :jamboak:

The pics of the new RED (Aberdeen colours) and maroon panels look horrendous.

They could have saved a lot of money if they stayed away from this glass nonsense they have tried to install.

Pics can be seen here - http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-lower-pitchside-steelwork-started-updated/page-311

They seem to getting themselves in a lather over a supposed subliminal 1-5 in the design.

Why not go the whole hog and paint it green n white?

Skol
26-07-2017, 08:16 PM
They seem to getting themselves in a lather over a supposed subliminal 1-5 in the design.

Why not go the whole hog and paint it green n white?

Lets hope its strengthened glass

green is good
26-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Will they be putting in a mixture of seat colours so that it matches the other stands?

macca70
26-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Have they sold season tickets for the new stand?

Bostonhibby
26-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Will they be putting in a mixture of seat colours so that it matches the other stands?

It will be very hard to replicate the famous, atmospheric, faded and mismatched original seats so expect there to be some bright shiny new ones contrasting sharply with the shabbier ones around them. Always assuming the container turns up from South Korea on time.

cocteautwin
27-07-2017, 12:22 AM
It will be very hard to replicate the famous, atmospheric, faded and mismatched original seats so expect there to be some bright shiny new ones contrasting sharply with the shabbier ones around them. Always assuming the container turns up from South Korea on time.

From my many years experience shipping containers around the world from Asia I can say that nothing ever turns up on time. Maybe about 3 containers from about 500 that I've shipped over the past 10 years. Everything is always at least a week or two late with the customer. No getting round it except I hope they've built in some contingency time for shipping and customs delays.

GlesgaeHibby
27-07-2017, 01:16 AM
From my many years experience shipping containers around the world from Asia I can say that nothing ever turns up on time. Maybe about 3 containers from about 500 that I've shipped over the past 10 years. Everything is always at least a week or two late with the customer. No getting round it except I hope they've built in some contingency time for shipping and customs delays.

I hope they haven't :greengrin

SChibs
27-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Big windaes for the beautiful people to marvel at their reflections with :greengrin

...**** knows how the other 380,000 of them will get look in though.:greengrin

Radges.

I wonder how they'll clean all those windows...

The_Todd
27-07-2017, 06:46 AM

Ian Black doesn't have anything better to be doing right now...

Pedantic_Hibee
27-07-2017, 06:46 AM

With 400,000 tongues.

Jack
27-07-2017, 07:10 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows the name of the boat this stuff is/was on?

Bostonhibby
27-07-2017, 07:39 AM
I don't suppose anyone knows the name of the boat this stuff is/was on?The Vital Spark?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
27-07-2017, 07:46 AM

Good point, my friend who lives in Aberdour has a marine app so he can track boats (don't ask!!) would b good to know

cocteautwin
27-07-2017, 07:49 AM

Yeah, that's an idea. If anyone knows the name you can track the vessel online:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4

Hope it's still parked in Busan.

Hibs07p
27-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Yeah, that's an idea. If anyone knows the name you can track the vessel online:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4

Hope it's still parked in Busan.

MSC LEANNE

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:4849568/imo:9767390/mmsi:636017686/vessel:MSC%20LEANNE

Kato
27-07-2017, 10:00 AM

They'll soon lick them into shape.

ACLeith
27-07-2017, 10:16 AM

Marie Celeste?

southsider
27-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Lets hope its strengthened glass
The glass used should comply with BS6262 (no joke ). Toughened glass manufactured in the UK will. You can buy cheeper stuff from China, Eastern Europe etc but it is not as good. Not saying this was done but it seems there were a spate of toughened glass garden tables exploding recently. Now, I wouldn't wish that to happen at Tynie........

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Yammy McYamface?

Famous Fiver
27-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Titanic?

I feel a movie coming on.........

TICK TOCK

Sean1875
27-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Have they sold season tickets for the new stand?

Yes :agree:

Crazyhorse
27-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Titanic?

I feel a movie coming on.........

TICK TOCK

How about the Nostromo?

Hearts of Darkness anyone?

Waxy
27-07-2017, 11:12 AM
The whole stand build is just a Budge ego thing and will be a long term disaster for them.

Jack Hackett
27-07-2017, 11:59 AM
The whole stand build is just a Budge ego thing and will be a long term disaster for them.

I don't think they had a choice. Given the whole un-prepared and hasty nature of the project, I suspect an ultimatum was issued concerning a new safety certificate, but kept quiet.

ian cruise
27-07-2017, 12:20 PM

It's the exact opposite of that, it was a necessity and a headache I'm sure she could have done without. I'm glad it's being done and the stadium will look better for it. However they have seemingly made a total farce out of the preparations for building it and the fan fare they've tried to create around it is doing them no favours.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 12:27 PM
I actually think it'll look quite smart... when it's finally finished.

:duck:

jacomo
27-07-2017, 12:46 PM
This is the bigger picture as I see it.

Cathro's troubles are just froth in comparison.

The pie man was right - Tynecastle is not fit for purpose for a club that aspires to be at the top of Scottish football. It cannot accommodate the highest level fixtures and capacity is limited.

I'm all for clubs staying in their communities but sometimes a move is inevitable. Tynecastle is boxed in and faces significant challenges.

Budge has just ignored all these and ploughed ahead with a very expensive rebuild on the existing site. Before too long the other three stands will need attention and that will be expensive too.

In some ways Hertz are to be applauded. They are staying in Gorgie and keeping that historic link going.

But they are also limiting their ambition. Even if a genuine Russian billionaire were to buy them tomorrow and throw money at the team there will never be top level European football nights in Gorgie. They will never be more than 20k capacity.

Guaranteed mediocrity.

GloryGlory
27-07-2017, 01:01 PM
and the fan fare they've tried to create around it...

Chips with everything! :greengrin

GreenCastle
27-07-2017, 01:02 PM
It's the exact opposite of that, it was a necessity and a headache I'm sure she could have done without. I'm glad it's being done and the stadium will look better for it. However they have seemingly made a total farce out of the preparations for building it and the fan fare they've tried to create around it is doing them no favours.

Agreed - if you read kickback and those who are involved at the site - the stand had to built as the planning permission and issue with the nursery was about to expire.

What should be happening is the nursery should be the first part ready for the kids that have had to move into portacabins!

The other issue is the increased costs - basically Budge becoming more rich as people will owe her even more money!

Like others I'm happy the death trap stand was replaced but this project like many recent projects in Edinburgh has several problems and more will occur before it's finished due to the rushed and lack of proper planning due to time.

44 days and counting..till Aberdeen game

southsider
27-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I,for one, will NEVER be in it so I don't give a sh*t what it looks like. All I want from them is to keep Cathro as their head coach. And McPhee as his ugly assistant.

brianmc
27-07-2017, 01:24 PM
I,for one, will NEVER be in it so I don't give a sh*t what it looks like. All I want from them is to keep Cathro as their head coach. And McPake as his ugly assistant.

McPake?

southsider
27-07-2017, 01:35 PM
McPake?
McPhee.....sorted.

Keith_M
27-07-2017, 01:39 PM
I,for one, will NEVER be in it so I don't give a sh*t what it looks like. All I want from them is to keep Cathro as their head coach. And McPhee as his ugly assistant.

Even if we reach the League Cup semi-finals (again)?

:greengrin

PeeKay
27-07-2017, 01:43 PM

I was in the old main stand for our cup game against St. Johnstone and given that Tynecastle is our nearest neutral venue, it is likely that the SFA will send us there again at some point in the future. So I am very glad that I will never have to be in the old death-trap again.

greenginger
27-07-2017, 01:48 PM
I don't think they had a choice. Given the whole un-prepared and hasty nature of the project, I suspect an ultimatum was issued concerning a new safety certificate, but kept quiet.

Could be true, would certainly explain the Council turning a blind eye to the numerous breaches of building regs.

Saves the politicians from shutting the stand and losing Yam votes or renewing the safety cert. and risking jail if there was a serious incident.

I wonder when the new nursery will open to let the Gorgie sprogs out of their chicken coup in Wheatfield street.

Thats when Mrs Budge has to pay the Council the £200 K pittance agreed for the land the stand is built on. Vlad was asked to pay £ 1.1 million for the same land IIRC.

mutley
27-07-2017, 02:06 PM

To be fair, so do I, as with anything that is brand new, it will look modern and up to date etc, however, the other effect it will have is to make the other 3 stands look even worse than they already are.

The_Todd
27-07-2017, 02:11 PM

Only because it'll be surrounded by their cheap nasty pink tin bus shelters though with the bleached seats. Anything will look quite smart compared to them.

Pete
27-07-2017, 02:20 PM

Maybe not the stand, but this whole glass fronted extra bit smacks of that.

It's like "look at how big we are...especially compared to hibs".

All it's really doing is brining the total usable floor space in line with ours while looking like a cross between Tesco Corstorphine and the Omni centre.

GreenCastle
27-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Surely they must know the capacity by now if the seating plan is online (see link below)

Looks like the stand is nearly full - except the Premium Seats.

Though they have the dugout seats / security between these and the fans / restricted view seats behind police box and hospitality - which is going in the middle sections of the stand - to think about. I will be amazed if it's over 20,000.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1495

Crazyhorse
27-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Surely they must know the capacity by now if the seating plan is online (see link below)

Looks like the stand is nearly full - except the Premium Seats.

Though they have the dugout seats / security between these and the fans / restricted view seats behind police box and hospitality - which is going in the middle sections of the stand - to think about. I will be amazed if it's over 20,000.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/details/event.aspx?itemref=1495

It won't be. It'll be between 19,300 and 19,700 depending on how many seats they have to sacrifice for dug outs etc.

It will however probably be the best sub-20k stadium in Scotland but this will grate on the average yam, given their Trump-like obsession with bigness. It will be another stick to beat Queen Anne with when this season goes down the pan.

where'stheslope
27-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Could be true, would certainly explain the Council turning a blind eye to the numerous breaches of building regs.

Saves the politicians from shutting the stand and losing Yam votes or renewing the safety cert. and risking jail if there was a serious incident.

I wonder when the new nursery will open to let the Gorgie sprogs out of their chicken coup in Wheatfield street.

Thats when Mrs Budge has to pay the Council the £200 K pittance agreed for the land the stand is built on. Vlad was asked to pay £ 1.1 million for the same land IIRC.

Was that amount not towards the funding of the trams as they ran along Murrayfield?

Vlad took umbridge as the trams were not going through gorgie.

greenginger
27-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Was that amount not towards the funding of the trams as they ran along Murrayfield?

Vlad took umbridge as the trams were not going through gorgie.

No, but that was another strange one.

Vlad was told there would be a large contribution to the tram scheme because of the sites proximity to the trams.

The Budge Scheme is considered outwith the tram route contribution area :confused:

jacomo
27-07-2017, 10:33 PM
No, but that was another strange one.

Vlad was told there would be a large contribution to the tram scheme because of the sites proximity to the trams.

The Budge Scheme is considered outwith the tram route contribution area :confused:

Well they've built it now, so...

greenginger
27-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Well they've built it now, so...

Built what , The stand or the trams ?

Morganleith
27-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Seriously you need to get in touch with either the Council or MP because everything you list reaks of corruption or incompetence. If it bothers you as much as it appears then maybe if they gave you answers to all you say it will help because its obsession on a grand scale.
I can't believe for a second that the Council , HSE etc are all turning a blind eye, cooking the books, or completely lost the plot to the extent that individuals are committing crimes in allowing their stand to be built and eventually occupied without any planning consents, owned land, safety certificates or whatever else.
I'd love it if it overran in timescales and it looks weird etc etc but you are obsessed

monktonharp
28-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Seriously you need to get in touch with either the Council or MP because everything you list reaks of corruption or incompetence. If it bothers you as much as it appears then maybe if they gave you answers to all you say it will help because its obsession on a grand scale.
I can't believe for a second that the Council , HSE etc are all turning a blind eye, cooking the books, or completely lost the plot to the extent that individuals are committing crimes in allowing their stand to be built and eventually occupied without any planning consents, owned land, safety certificates or whatever else.
I'd love it if it overran in timescales and it looks weird etc etc but you are obsessedI actually think he has his eye on the ball, and does his homework quite well. he has followed the situation from day one, and I think you are being slightly over zealous with your comments , are you not? it is only his opinion, but I tend to go with his. I don't care if they overrun, but I do care and certainly believe that the council have been much more than "generous" in their agreements and allowances in this "project", shall we say? all in the need for the community I suppose :rolleyes:

Kato
28-07-2017, 01:34 AM
I'd love it if it overran in timescales and it looks weird etc etc but you are obsessed

It wouldn't be the first time the council have acted illegally regarding planning for stadium building in Edinburgh. Given their history with the Lochend Butterfly its all to easy to believe. If you feel so strongly about it why not check the council"s website for the relevant permissions yourself and prove him wrong?

Pete
28-07-2017, 02:50 AM

Why does his input bother you? You're becoming obsessed with him for some reason.

lucky
28-07-2017, 03:21 AM
I actually think he has his eye on the ball, and does his homework quite well. he has followed the situation from day one, and I think you are being slightly over zealous with your comments , are you not? it is only his opinion, but I tend to go with his. I don't care if they overrun, but I do care and certainly believe that the council have been much more than "generous" in their agreements and allowances in this "project", shall we say? all in the need for the community I suppose :rolleyes:

But surely the corrupt council line must have changed because we have a new administration or is it all the council is corrupt now?
I've never bought into the corruption conspiracy

Kato
28-07-2017, 03:35 AM
But surely the corrupt council line must have changed because we have a new administration or is it all the council is corrupt now?
I've never bought into the corruption conspiracy

Personnel changes, culture continues. Compulsory building orders from only a few years back shows exactly how corrupt and criminal they can be.

lucky
28-07-2017, 05:19 AM
Personnel changes, culture continues. Compulsory building orders from only a few years back shows exactly how corrupt and criminal they can be.

But are people really claiming the council is corrupt with regards to sale of land, building certificates, H&S issues, a kids nursery, tram scheme payments? If it was as bad as that I'm sure some newspaper, investigatory journalist, TV station, councilor, MSP, MP, official, whistleblower or a member of the public would have brought this corruption to light.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 05:20 AM
But are people really claiming the council is corrupt with regards to sale of land, building certificates, H&S issues, a kids nursery, tram scheme payments? If it was as bad as that I'm sure some newspaper, investigatory journalist, TV station, councilor, MSP, MP, official, whistleblower or a member of the public would have brought this corruption to light.

Incredible eh. People see what they want to see.

Kato
28-07-2017, 05:25 AM

Where were those people regarding the council"s illegal actions re-The Lochend Butterfly? What was the outcome, when a few years later, their actions were found to have done Hibs over?

Kato
28-07-2017, 05:27 AM
Incredible eh. People see what they want to see.

So was the Compulsory Repair Order thing a mirage?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 05:30 AM
So was the Compulsory Repair Order thing a mirage?

The way people are talking you'd think hearts had bypassed all rules and regulations and just pressed ahead using cowboy builders as the erectors of this stand. I have no idea why there's such a hoo ha about it anyway. It will still be a ****yer stadium than ours, let's concentrate on us and the exciting season we have ahead.

Kato
28-07-2017, 05:35 AM
The way people are talking you'd think hearts had bypassed all rules and regulations and just pressed ahead using cowboy builders as the erectors of this stand. I have no idea why there's such a hoo ha about it anyway. It will still be a ****yer stadium than ours, let's concentrate on us and the exciting season we have ahead.

I am looking forward to seeing Hibs this season, very much so. I don't spend all that much time thinking about their new (crappy, cheapo) stand. Its a humourous distraction though.....and you didn't answer my question. People sometimes see what they want to see but when faced with the truth they look away.

Pete
28-07-2017, 05:36 AM
Where were those people regarding the council"s illegal actions re-The Lochend Butterfly? What was the outcome, when a few years later, their actions were found to have done Hibs over?

Makes you wonder.

FilipinoHibs
28-07-2017, 05:57 AM
Makes you wonder.

The council part of the protestant establishment of our city. They saved Hearts by making it clear no building permt for non football stadium. Otherwise the Liths would have made them bankrupt.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 06:01 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Hibs this season, very much so. I don't spend all that much time thinking about their new (crappy, cheapo) stand. Its a humourous distraction though.....and you didn't answer my question. People sometimes see what they want to see but when faced with the truth they look away.

What is it you're referring to? What repair orders?

Kato
28-07-2017, 06:16 AM
What is it you're referring to? What repair orders?

Sorry, I thought this was common knowledge, maybe you were seeing what you wanted to see at the time. The only reason this came to light was because a local resident, who was to be charged £600,000 for repairs by the council had his own estimates carried out and the repairs could have been done for a tenth of that figure i.e. £60,000, badgered a BBC journalist to look at the scheme. No whistle blowers, concerned council employees or MP's gave a monkeys. The upshot was the council swapped a few posts, the scaffold company went bust and started up the following week under a different name. No charges brought, loads of people shafted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_Repairs,_Edinburgh

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/15-people-arrested-in-fraud-swoop-1131593

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Sorry, I thought this was common knowledge, maybe you were seeing what you wanted to see at the time. The only reason this came to light was because a local resident, who was to be charged £600,000 for repairs by the council had his own estimates carried out and the repairs could have been done for a tenth of that figure i.e. £60,000, badgered a BBC journalist to look at the scheme. No whistle blowers, concerned council employees or MP's gave a monkeys. The upshot was the council swapped a few posts, the scaffold company went bust and started up the following week under a different name. No charges brought, loads of people shafted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_Repairs,_Edinburgh

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/15-people-arrested-in-fraud-swoop-1131593

Or or maybe I didn't see this because I don't read that red top rag or scour the completely trustworthy Wikipedia.

Kato
28-07-2017, 06:28 AM
Or or maybe I didn't see this because I don't read that red top rag or scour the completely trustworthy Wikipedia.

Errm, sorry bud but that's just two hastily acquired links from a search on my crappy phone in the bright sunlight of beautiful Figuretes. The story was all over the press and TV a few years back. Maybe you were averting your gaze elsewhere back then too, people tend to see what they want to see.

fat freddy
28-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Im surprised that you dont know about this, I know people caught up in this scam, hundreds of residents were ripped off, many losing their houses as they couldnt afford the bills for the unnecessary repairs. 13 staff from the council office were implicated and I think three of them done time. You must have been hiding under a rock to have missed this as it went on for years and the inquiry was widely reported

JimBHibees
28-07-2017, 06:42 AM
You can also throw in the lack of any sort of effort on the councils behalf to chase up non payments yet a resident doing that is chased down promptly. There was also a council report re Hearts new stadium under the romanov years which again looked very irregular. Throw in the butterfly and compulsory repair corruption then anything they do should be checked out rigorously.

JimBHibees
28-07-2017, 06:42 AM

So it didnt happen.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-07-2017, 06:47 AM

Its a well known story.

There were always rumours of a whiff of corruption around the trams debacle to, amd i heard that from people involved in political parties.

Im not saying every hearts / council corruption story is true, but i certainly believe they are possible.

Kato
28-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Its a well known story.

There were always rumours of a whiff of corruption around the trams debacle to, amd i heard that from people involved in political parties.

Im not saying every hearts / council corruption story is true, but i certainly believe they are possible.

I could tell you at least one scam surrounding the trams but I'd have to pepper it with "allegedlys", so maybe not worth it given the level see no evil on here.

Ozyhibby
28-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Corruption in Edinburgh council is rife and if people can't see that they are walking around with their eyes shut.
In the ten years up to the repairs scandal breaking, a few roofing and scaffolding companies in Edinburgh were growing at a rapid rate. It was a boom town for them. And it was all about good old fashioned brown envelopes.
It still happens. Scott and co regularly take council staff to the rugby, spa days at gleneagles etc. Anyone involved in the awarding of contracts is well looked after.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 07:33 AM
So it didnt happen.

Don't recall it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why would you say that?

Aldo
28-07-2017, 07:34 AM
Seriously you need to get in touch with either the Council or MP because everything you list reaks of corruption or incompetence. If it bothers you as much as it appears then maybe if they gave you answers to all you say it will help because its obsession on a grand scale. I can't believe for a second that the Council , HSE etc are all turning a blind eye, cooking the books, or completely lost the plot to the extent that individuals are committing crimes in allowing their stand to be built and eventually occupied without any planning consents, owned land, safety certificates or whatever else. I'd love it if it overran in timescales and it looks weird etc etc but you are obsessed

I will give you the 100 or so grand council tax they failed to pay (is still outstanding btw) and not an eye batted by ECC. During this period plenty of folk got letters or even invites into the council after failing to make 1 or 2 payments and then had an admin fee added to their arrears.

So in a word Mrs Jones from Lochend is chased for failing to make a number of payments totally a couple of hundred quid yet the yams rack up over 100K and the council roll over and accept that??

Kato
28-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Don't recall it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why would you say that?

Maybe because just a couple of hours ago you were scoffing at the suggestion of any council corruption existing.

lucky
28-07-2017, 07:46 AM
The compulsory repairs scheme was a disgrace and if I recall 4 people got jailed but what's the link with the building of the PBS new stand ?

Hermit Crab
28-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Maybe because just a couple of hours ago you were scoffing at the suggestion of any council corruption existing.

No, I said its being made to look like hearts are disregarding every rule in the book, and how would anyone would know that there is naughties going on without breaching the data protection act, if that applies.

The_Todd
28-07-2017, 08:10 AM
The council part of the protestant establishment of our city. They saved Hearts by making it clear no building permt for non football stadium. Otherwise the Liths would have made them bankrupt.

While it's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone or the other on the council may have pulled the odd string in Hearts favour, I can't believe we're now banging on about "protestants".

Bostonhibby
28-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Im surprised that you dont know about this, I know people caught up in this scam, hundreds of residents were ripped off, many losing their houses as they couldnt afford the bills for the unnecessary repairs. 13 staff from the council office were implicated and I think three of them done time. You must have been hiding under a rock to have missed this as it went on for years and the inquiry was widely reportedMy mate, a good hibby was a sub contractor who lost quite a bit of money when the rather abrupt collapse of one of the contractors here occurred. He'd actually pulled out of a job when he cottoned onto what the contractor was up to.

He actually had an unsatisfied judgement against them and some of their equipment in his custody. Ironically the same individuals popped up on a new job but they had to be clear of court judgements against them personally to get the contract, so 3 years later he got paid plus interest and the exact same people got the contract.

Won't be naming the parties but needless to say my mate doesn't get any of these contracts any more.

Kato
28-07-2017, 08:15 AM
The compulsory repairs scheme was a disgrace and if I recall 4 people got jailed but what's the linke with the building of the PBS new stand ?

I brought it up in the context there being a lack of council whistleblowers, concerned mps etc in that case, as someone had said surely there would be those people pointing out any potential shenanigans with Hearts' new covered enclosure. Read the thread and you'll see.

Kato
28-07-2017, 08:17 AM
No, I said its being made to look like hearts are disregarding every rule in the book, and how would anyone would know that there is naughties going on without breaching the data protection act, if that applies.

What's obvious here is that you haven't been following this thread at all.

jacomo
28-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I could tell you at least one scam surrounding the trams but I'd have to pepper it with "allegedlys", so maybe not worth it given the level see no evil on here.

At the very least, the tram project reeks of gross incompetence.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was corruption involved.

lucky
28-07-2017, 08:40 AM
I brought it up in the context there being a lack of council whistleblowers, concerned mps etc in that case, as someone had said surely there would be those people pointing out any potential shenanigans with Hearts' new covered enclosure. Read the thread and you'll see.

So there was problems in past but that does mean there is corruption now.

Keith_M
28-07-2017, 09:23 AM
The building repairs scam was real, and quite widespread, but it doesn't prove anything in regard to the council breaking any rules for Hearts' new stand.

If somebody has genuine evidence of rules being deliberately broken, they really should report it so something can be done.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if rules have or haven't been broken, but if they have, it really needs to be declared to more than just a Football Website.

Kato
28-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Are you telling me this or asking me this?

Geo_1875
28-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Maybe not the stand, but this whole glass fronted extra bit smacks of that.

It's like "look at how big we are...especially compared to hibs".

All it's really doing is brining the total usable floor space in line with ours while looking like a cross between Tesco Corstorphine and the Omni centre.

It's their attempt at transparency after the murky mismanagement of Vlad & Co.

Geo_1875
28-07-2017, 10:07 AM
The building repairs scam was real, and quite widespread, but it doesn't prove anything in regard to the council breaking any rules for Hearts' new stand.

If somebody has genuine evidence of rules being deliberately broken, they really should report it so something can be done.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if rules have or haven't been broken, but if they have, it really needs to be declared to more than just a Football Website.

It's been mentioned before, probably somewhere in this thread, that building work started before all permits were in place. There are outstanding complaints about the project registered with the Council but work continues unabated. There is the matter of them purchasing land from the Council at a price vastly below the price agreed with the previous owners. There may not be "evidence" of rules being broken but they are being stretched.

Bishop Hibee
28-07-2017, 10:23 AM
The idea of corruption in the City of Edinburgh Council being "rife" is simply untrue and an insult to the vast majority of the employees. Is it rife in Children and Families Dept for example? Former Cllr Euan Aitken (and I don't vote Labour) fought on the side of the victims of the building repairs scam if I recall and pretty much quit politics in disgust, As for the trams fiasco, blame the councillors for the vanity project and the council's lawyers for signing an awful contract.

Back on topic it's pretty clear history shows us Hearts get an easier ride than Hibs from the council. How they got away with the uncovered Georgie Road end and the asbo stand is a disgrace.

greenginger
28-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Data protection act ! :confused: :confused: :confused:

The information is on the council website site for anyone to access.

Hermit, you really need to get out of your shell more often. :greengrin

lucky
28-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Are you telling me this or asking me this?

Telling you that as there has been no evidence to the contrary

Kato
28-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Telling you that as there has been no evidence to the contrary

Ok.

Probably.

hfc rd
28-07-2017, 01:16 PM
They will need to ensure that the advertising gates are more safer than the ones they have in the gorgie stand

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yX2UTuADdU&time_continue=52&ebc=ANyPxKrR_RGM4L242Q_d7-Gt0Jw4vI8z7dU_9QuYYj4dT4qNJ58g3WlFox26OBM5EOTIMoR6 1LB_ZtRl14J82Y7vrHLoeADRFw

Ozyhibby
28-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Went past today. The steel for the bottom half of the stand that was supposed to only take a week to put in must have hit a snag. They started on Monday and the only have two bays done now.

SanFranHibs
28-07-2017, 02:01 PM
They will need to ensure that the advertising gates are more safer than the ones they have in the gorgie stand

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yX2UTuADdU&time_continue=52&ebc=ANyPxKrR_RGM4L242Q_d7-Gt0Jw4vI8z7dU_9QuYYj4dT4qNJ58g3WlFox26OBM5EOTIMoR6 1LB_ZtRl14J82Y7vrHLoeADRFw

In case anyone is interested and not seen them hold Peterhead to 1 goal difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEKrzoLxSI

stantonhibby
28-07-2017, 02:13 PM
In case anyone is interested and not seen them hold Peterhead to 1 goal difference

Lovely. I see the full name of that Hearts player is Grzelak Booked !!

Crazyhorse
28-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Cheers! Looks like the hahahearts defence is gonna leak like a sieve this season. They were getting torn to pieces at times by part-timers who had just done a days work.
Still big Aaron will add a bit of pace when he's fit...

Big_Franck
28-07-2017, 02:28 PM

That's a great watch. The fact that the crowd consisted of a single row of people standing along the edge of the pitch shows the level of team Hearts were up against...and came off second best to. Pleasing.

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2017, 02:33 PM
The compulsory repairs scheme was a disgrace and if I recall 4 people got jailed but what's the link with the building of the PBS new stand ?

Well the stand was in need of compulsory repair wasn't it?

Gordon Quinn
28-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Their new stand is due to open exactly 6 weeks and one day from when this photo was taken (Wed 26th). I know hee haw about building projects but surely there's no way it will be ready??18975

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Their new stand is due to open exactly 6 weeks and one day from when this photo was taken (Wed 26th). I know hee haw about building projects but surely there's no way it will be ready??18975

It won't be but once again they will use the usual excuses and still have the media drooling over this heap of a ground.

100% Fuds.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-07-2017, 10:18 PM

Are they playing Aberdeen on a Thursday?

monktonharp
29-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Their new stand is due to open exactly 6 weeks and one day from when this photo was taken (Wed 26th). I know hee haw about building projects but surely there's no way it will be ready??18975still, it's fairly taking shape though

Libby Hibby
29-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Precast for phase 2 now 7 weeks late.

greenginger
29-07-2017, 07:32 AM

Precast concrete what ?

Steps, landings, goalposts. ?

Ozyhibby
29-07-2017, 07:43 AM
And matchday so no progress today.
Today is the day most yams will realise it's not going to be ready when they see the lack of progress from last week. If anything work appears to be slowing down.

Aldo
29-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Today is the day most yams will realise it's not going to be ready when they see the lack of progress from last week. If anything work appears to be slowing down.

Pleasing o so very pleasing!!

They still won't get that though Ozy!

Gordon Quinn
29-07-2017, 08:31 AM

How do you know this? If true surely the Budgie is going to have to make an announcement within a week or so and decide to play Aberdeen with only 3 stands open. That will keep them happy, especially STs in the new breadbin.
P.s. got my day count wrong above. 6 weeks today it's meant to open.

lucky
29-07-2017, 08:32 AM
If the stand is running late it gives them more time to raise the cash to actually pay for it. TBF most jambos don't expect it to finished on time either

GreenCastle
29-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Whatever the outcome here it's going to go down to the wire.

The previous bus shelters went up pretty quickly internally with the seats / landings and steps being installed.

This one seems it may accelerate in speed - but it was the lightweight landing slabs (not sure technical term) they were waiting on.

They still have the roof and sides of the stand to sort - I'm sure the side is a just a few panels and the roof similar but the thought of several thousand people actually sitting in it in 6 weeks is crazy.

Logistical nightmare if it isn't ready for them - surely a week or 2 before the game they will need to let fans know if they have to play elsewhere. Until then it seems they are confident it will be finished / ready to sit in.

greenginger
29-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Any hints on late payments to suppliers or contractors ?

lack of commitment to the program is usually a result of payment delays.

fat freddy
29-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Its now beyond doubt that the project is behind schedule and will not be ready for the Aberdeen match. If only two of the lower bays were completed this week it is obvious that it is all going horribly wrong for them on the construction as well as the playing side of things. These type of constructions tend to go in one of two ways, either a straightforward programme where all timelines and procedures occur as planned or, as we are seeing at Tynie, a series of missed deadlines that produce a knock on effect to other parts of the programme resulting in further delays. For example, the steel may be on site awaiting erection but if the locking bolts to which the initial uprights are secured arent in place delays will occur. This has the knock on effect to other trades that will be waiting to work within the finished steel infrastructure, sparks, plumbers, joiners ect. If the plan was to have the steelwork completèd in the next week or so and they now find themselves behind schedule, it knocks the whole project into an undeterminable mess. As someone mentioned earlier, the new Boroughmuir High School project has become bogged down in numerous contractural and planning issues which has resulted in multiple missed deadlines and is now several months behind schedule. This isn't an isolated case, from the Parliament to the PPI schools projects in East, West and Mid Lothian, these projects are often poorly managed and are usually completed behind schedule. Casting an eye over the current progress I am of the opinion that it would take a miracle for this to be ready on time. Ann Budge doesn't do miracles so they will play Aberdeen in front of three stands just as we did Maribor. Its no big deal, she just has to let the ST holders know, they'll be OK, it's only one game.. or two.. or maybe three...

Ozyhibby
29-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Any hints on late payments to suppliers or contractors ?

lack of commitment to the program is usually a result of payment delays.

No idea but when the customer admits they are £5m short of funds to finish the build then I'm sure the contractors will be looking at each other wondering who is getting bumped. [emoji3]
The roof appears to have been in that messy half built way for about two weeks now. Lower half of the steelwork has stalled and not a single step had been put in. And still a lot of M+E to go in.
I wonder how long before they let the yams know that it's delayed?

Michael
29-07-2017, 08:55 AM
If the stand is running late it gives them more time to raise the cash to actually pay for it. TBF most jambos don't expect it to finished on time either

Depends on the contract they have in place. It could cost them more.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Depends on the contract they have in place. It could cost them more.

Absolutely. Delays on a building project are never good for a budget. Lots of people end up getting paid to wait for things.

Aldo
29-07-2017, 09:20 AM
I will find out from my Yam associates attending today's game what they think. They already beLIEve that there will be a delay but are now concerned at the lack of communication from Budge and co regarding what sort of delay and costs this will occur!

Slightly off topic they are also concerned at the latest signing and that he is another unknown loanee. No depth or real quality out with their starting 11.

truehibernian
29-07-2017, 10:56 AM
I will find out from my Yam associates attending today's game what they think. They already beLIEve that there will be a delay but are now concerned at the lack of communication from Budge and co regarding what sort of delay and costs this will occur!

Slightly off topic they are also concerned at the latest signing and that he is another unknown loanee. No depth or real quality out with their starting 11.

I spoke with someone this week Aldo who claimed there was not only going to be a delay but also a huge overspend - also told me a story about 'lost steel':faf:......apparently there was a delay in getting steel to Tynecastle weeks ago as a ship coming from the Far East went 'awol' ! :cb.........if he is to be believed of course :greengrin

Oh and the temporary changing rooms and tunnel in the Wheatfield flooded last weekend too :greengrin:aok:

Aldo
29-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I spoke with someone this week Aldo who claimed there was not only going to be a delay but also a huge overspend - also told me a story about 'lost steel':faf:......apparently there was a delay in getting steel to Tynecastle weeks ago as a ship coming from the Far East went 'awol' ! :cb.........if he is to be believed of course :greengrin

Oh and the temporary changing rooms and tunnel in the Wheatfield flooded last weekend too :greengrin:aok:

Thanks TH. Delay and huge overspend?? Wonder if this is already on top of the extra already needed?

Budge and co will need to infirm the hordes at some point though but the question will be when??

Ozyhibby
29-07-2017, 12:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170729/9cb6d1d681cdfa406cbadc7c61ec92d5.jpg
Latest pic.
Massive progress from last week. Not. [emoji23]

Deansy
29-07-2017, 01:02 PM

WTF was 'Laff-at-me' up to with his goal (01:41) - can't see it but it looks like he's either clutching the badge or making a gesture at the crowd behind the goal ??

matty_f
29-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Do you think Dunfermline felt the heat today?

Arch Stanton
29-07-2017, 04:53 PM
still, it's fairly taking shape though

Indeed - and in a few weeks I expect it could actually be the same shape as a football stand.

Could be a while after that before it actually looks like one though. :agree:

cad
29-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Spoke to guy on Thursday ,Henshaw`s have thrown a bit of glass in filled the outside , the corners are being worked on ,there was a problem guy didnt go into to much detail
" I suggested the stand facing the pitch ":agree::agree:
"Will it be on time"
" maybe mid Sept if they are lucky but I never said that :wink:"
"2017 or 2018 ":tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

Danderhall Hibs
29-07-2017, 09:19 PM
I heard that they've asked to play at Murrayfield as the stand won't be ready. Talks have been held with the various parties.

Presumably as a contingency but having seen the lack of work done on the stand they might have to go to plan b?

--------
29-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Latest pic.

Wouldn't it be hilarious - sorry, a tragedy - if they ran out of money and the thing was left looking just like that?

Libby Hibby
29-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Even if they went 24/7 on the stand I think they are struggling for the Aberdeen game.

To me, there looks to be at least 12 or 13 weeks work left to do by the time you complete the steel election, install the precast, complete the roof and cladding and ensure you have a completion and occupation certificate in place for September.

Aldo
30-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Clubs would have to agree to this as it maybe seen as an advantage or even a disadvantage to them or others.

It's all beginning to unfurl however I wonder when Budge will tell the roasters this given the promises made.

The good thing about is it's going to cost them even more money!

macca70
30-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Latest pic.

The right hand side looks like it comes to the pitch edge and there's no gap between stand and floodlights but the left side is away back from the pitch. What's going on there?

macca70
30-07-2017, 07:32 AM
The right hand side looks like it comes to the pitch edge and there's no gap between stand and floodlights but the left side is away back from the pitch. What's going on there?

Ahhhh, the front lower bit isn't in place on the left but it is on the right.

That looks like there will be no room for machinery etc once that left side is same as the right.

I'm sure working in that confined space is going to slow this project down even more.

Ozyhibby
30-07-2017, 07:35 AM

That looks like there will be no room for machinery etc once that left side is same as the right.

I'm sure working in that confined space is going to slow this project down even more.

That gap will stay there as that is their emergency vehicle access.

greenginger
30-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Thats because only only half of the front section has been erected.

Also a bit of an optical illusion. The picture is not on the centre line.

FilipinoHibs
30-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Clubs would have to agree to this as it maybe seen as an advantage or even a disadvantage to them or others.

It's all beginning to unfurl however I wonder when Budge will tell the roasters this given the promises made.

The good thing about is it's going to cost them even more money!

Probably why they can't sack Cathro as will need to pay him compensation.

Ozyhibby
30-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Yams on kickback saying they have had tickets for Murrayfield v Aberdeen added to their E-accounts? Not sure what these are but could be an early sign they now know it won't be ready. How much does Murrayfield cost to hire per match?

Jack Hackett
30-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Yams on kickback saying they have had tickets for Murrayfield v Aberdeen added to their E-accounts? Not sure what these are but could be an early sign they now know it won't be ready. How much does Murrayfield cost to hire per match?

Someone posted an e-ticket image on another thread showing this to be true... they even spelled 'Murryfield' (sic) wrong, so I guess it's genuine :faf:

GreenCastle
30-07-2017, 08:50 AM

The stand will pretty be identical looking to the Wheatfield.

Only differences will be..

Police box and restricted view seats on right.
Tunnel for players and lower sections in middle for players / mangers.
Further up more expensive seats and hospitality - media crammed in somewhere also.
Bottom left a small access tunnel near corner flag left open for ambulance access.

41 days till first game..

lucky
30-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious - sorry, a tragedy - if they ran out of money and the thing was left looking just like that?

For us Hibbies it would be pleasing but for Scottish football it would be embarrassing

GreenCastle
30-07-2017, 09:01 AM
For us Hibbies it would be pleasing but for Scottish football it would be embarrassing

It's probably very low on the list of embarrassing things that have happened to men's Scottish football over the last few years and the current state of the national team. It won't stay like that - the issue is will it be finished on time for Aberdeen - it probably will..let's just all hope it's safely put together!

Kato
30-07-2017, 09:49 AM
for Scottish football it would be embarrassing

That would be if anyone outside Scotland gave a hoot, which they don't.

Skol
30-07-2017, 12:59 PM
According to Kickback, season ticket holders in the new stand if they log in to e-ticketing have been allocated a seat at Murrayfield for the Aberdeen game. This raises a number of questions

1) Is this contingency planning or is it admission they will not be ready
2) Why just seats in the new stand, will they be getting a beamback while the game is played in front of 3 stands or will STs elsewhere get allocated shortly

30-07-2017, 01:33 PM
If they sack Cathro (which seems to be looking likely now) they will have to pay him off. They've already been rattling the begging bowls to pay for this stand, they really could do without forking out for Cathro. Bring a new manager in and his player budget will be next to nothing, leaving him with the same bunch of duds.

Happy happy days. I'm starting to finally believe that karma does exist!

GlesgaeHibby
30-07-2017, 01:48 PM
If they sack Cathro (which seems to be looking likely now) they will have to pay him off. They've already been rattling the begging bowls to pay for this stand, they really could do without forking out for Cathro. Bring a new manager in and his player budget will be next to nothing, leaving him with the same bunch of duds.

Happy happy days. I'm starting to finally believe that karma does exist!

They'll have to sell Walker to pay him off, further weakening an already dross team. Agent Cathro has played a blinder here, going through a transfer window and leaving them with an atrocious midfield.

Moulin Yarns
30-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Is Edinburgh allowed to have 2 disgraces?

Deansy
30-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Hopefuly whatever it is the chaps at Murrayfield are well aware of what happened (or rather - didn't happen) with Heriot-Watt's facilities and insist on top-dollar AND up-front !

Hibby70
30-07-2017, 02:39 PM
...have happened to men's Scottish football

Are you Andy Murray? ;)

Gmack7
30-07-2017, 06:01 PM
If they play Aberdeen at Murrayfield I'm sure they would have to play a full round of fixtures there

Slavers
30-07-2017, 06:12 PM
If they play Aberdeen at Murrayfield I'm sure they would have to play a full round of fixtures there

What a pickle they are in if that's true!

Skol
30-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Hearts diectors with their plush spacious seats

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ian-cathro-s-hearts-future-under-scrutiny-as-directors-discuss-position-1-4517621

greenlex
30-07-2017, 07:36 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ian-cathro-s-hearts-future-under-scrutiny-as-directors-discuss-position-1-4517621
:confused: They are in the Wheatfield stand.

Skol
30-07-2017, 07:38 PM
:confused: They are in the Wheatfield stand.

I believe it may be the gorgie stand - but shows just how cramped the seats are

SuperAllyMcleod
30-07-2017, 09:00 PM
What do the temporary dugouts actually look like - I watched the highlights on BT Sport but I didn't see a wide shot of both technical areas - looked like they were just sitting in with the fans.

Hibee87
30-07-2017, 09:13 PM

That's my understanding also. 1 game at a stadium as your 'home' match you have to play every team in the league there fr a full round of fixtures.

worcesterhibby
30-07-2017, 09:42 PM
That's my understanding also. 1 game at a stadium as your 'home' match you have to play every team in the league there fr a full round of fixtures.

Unfortunately I believe that Budge already has an agreement with the rest of the league that they can play just a couple of games at Murrayfield if needed.

Bostonhibby
30-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately I believe that Budge already has an agreement with the rest of the league that they can play just a couple of games at Murrayfield if needed.Her new pals at the rangers will certainly be supportive.

worcesterhibby
30-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Her new pals at the rangers will certainly be supportive.

Quote below is seemingly from her Epic 10 page statement in April (I pinched this of JK)

"We have, however, an agreement in principle, to play any Ladbrokes Premier League Home fixtures at BT Murrayfield, in the event that our Building Programme runs late.
We have discussed both of these scenarios with the appropriate footballing authorities and we have the necessary agreements in place. I would also mention that my request to other Premiership Clubs for their support of our proposed contingency plans was very generously given by every club in the Division."

Sounds like WE have agreed to let them use Murrayfield for matches if needed ...the "very generously" bit suggests it's only as long as they need, not the whole first round pf matches.

GreenCastle
30-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Great pic!

The current 3 stands have crammed them in and the new stand will be the same except maybe the extra £2 million overspend is so Ann and co can get decent comfy seats?!

The current set up has the dugouts in the Wheatfield - very close to the fans - will be amazed if they keep this as it's an accident waiting to happen for fans having a go at away management - though it may actually be home management 1st at this rate :greengrin

Interesting to read across the road that the realisation that the new stand may not be ready is slowly creeping in...next 3 weeks going to be interesting as Budgie will have to make an announcement one way or another where the game is taking place as fans plan travel etc.

lapsedhibee
30-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Interesting to read across the road that the realisation that the new stand may not be ready is slowly creeping in...next 3 weeks going to be interesting as Budgie will have to make an announcement one way or another where the game is taking place as fans plan travel etc.

Would travel plans be that different if the game was moved all the way from Tinycastle to Muddyfield?

Hermit Crab
30-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Would travel plans be that different if the game was moved all the way from Tinycastle to Muddyfield?

Easier for fans to get to imo.

GreenCastle
31-07-2017, 02:02 PM

They couldn't make it more ugly if they tried! :jamboak:

High-On-Hibs
31-07-2017, 02:04 PM

But you just know they'll try anyway.

The_Todd
31-07-2017, 02:05 PM

The hell is that pattern meant to be? EE? Is it an advert for a mobile operator?

Callum7
31-07-2017, 02:06 PM
The hell is that pattern meant to be? EE? Is it an advert for a mobile operator?

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

SanFranHibs
31-07-2017, 02:09 PM

At least they did not go with Virgin

H-E-E-R-T-S...if you cannae spell it, then here's what it says.

Since90+2
I know football fans will always give their rivals stick but that stand is genuinely horrid. It looks ****ing ridiculous.

Moulin Yarns

You just know the architect was playing Tetris when he was drawing the elevations, and printed the wrong thing :wink:

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 02:15 PM

They couldn't make it more ugly if they tried! :jamboak:It's the travel lodge in Barcelona https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/fc64deccc5b4b3480783acfd95e62ee8.jpg

Hibby70
31-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Looking at some of the photos on Kickedback and it actually looks smaller than the Wheatfield. (I know its not smaller but it looks rubbish)

Hibs90
31-07-2017, 02:40 PM

:faf:

Apparently these panels are in these days

Salt N Sauzee
31-07-2017, 02:41 PM
They really are an absolute shambles at the moment.

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 02:44 PM

Surely there's going to be something going on top of that?

ian cruise
31-07-2017, 02:47 PM
:faf:

Apparently these panels are in these days

If that's the finds it is a style that would age very quickly. Like all those wonderful examples of 70s architecture that are now regarded as eyesores. I suspect it's going to look very cheap right from the off after seeing that.

Hibby70
31-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Are those just big E's for Early Exit, that light up each time they get pumped out of a cup?

Jack Hackett
31-07-2017, 02:54 PM
It's the travel lodge in Barcelona https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/fc64deccc5b4b3480783acfd95e62ee8.jpg

They had dreams back in the day, of a hotel... This is all they can afford now. So sad :greengrin

jacomo
31-07-2017, 03:03 PM

"It's a subliminal 1-5 ken? The hivs are gonna be seething when they see this haha vermin."

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 03:07 PM
"It's a subliminal 1-5 ken? The hivs are gonna be seething when they see this haha vermin."WTF?

Isn't it just that they got a job lot of assorted reddish panels from the same scrappy in Bolton as they got the world's finest girder from?

Subliminal? Subnormal more like. Will they ever stop making absolute erses of themselves?

The_Todd
31-07-2017, 03:07 PM
"It's a subliminal 1-5 ken? The hivs are gonna be seething when they see this haha vermin."

So subliminal absolutely nobody will get it.

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 03:09 PM
WTF?

Isn't it just that they got a job lot of assorted reddish panels from the same scrappy in Bolton as they got the world's finest girder from?

Subliminal? Subnormal more like. Will they ever stop making absolute erses of themselves?

It's done that way so it matches all the different coloured seats in the other 3 stands.

The_Todd
31-07-2017, 03:13 PM
It's done that way so it matches all the different coloured seats in the other 3 stands.

:hilarious

Easier and cheaper than actually doing something about the rest of the PBS I suppose. Smart move, Mrs Budge.

SanFranHibs
31-07-2017, 03:15 PM

There have been a few on Kickback that were salivating at the prospect of that.

Although I don't believe they would do it, I honestly would love it if they did. Talk about an inferiority complex and being defined by us. I know that they romped the Championship but since their 1-5 cup win all they seem to have is the 1-5 hand salute. And it is usually a desperate attempt to buttress their morale as they face the reality of how bad they are and how tough it is trying to play the game 'honestly'.

I actually thought glass might have made a nice main stand but of course I was foolish enough to expect a good design. The pictures show an ugly structure with an outdated design.

They certainly can now claim another Tynecastle sell-out.

CapitalGreen
31-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I see one of their directors has confirmed via email to a poster on JKB that the Police Box will not be removed. They will however try and reduce it's size during Phase 2 of the project.

Kato
31-07-2017, 03:19 PM
I see one of their directors has confirmed via email to a poster on JKB that the Police Box will not be removed. They will however try and reduce it's size during Phase 2 of the project.

Which begins around 2031.

greenlex

What a ****ing mess!!!!!! The red ones surely must be undercoat.

Roxyhibee
That is not the finished look.??! Surely.???!!

Mikey
31-07-2017, 03:21 PM

It matches the shading difference in the seats in the other 3 stands.

Hibby70
31-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Do the wee metal bits have to come off round the glass, a bit like tile spacers when doing the shower/kitchen?

GreenCastle
31-07-2017, 03:22 PM

This is my favourite pic so far - not quite sure how they will install the steel / seating for the lower corner if they aren't removing the police box anytime soon (basically they can't afford to move it and it's home to where Cathro charges his laptops).

Also notice the lovely pink floodlight poles still clearly visible. Maroon...Red...Pink...they are a bit confused with their identity. :greengrin

Hibby70
31-07-2017, 03:24 PM

This is my favourite pic so far - not quite sure how they will install the steel / seating for the lower corner if they aren't removing the police box anytime soon (basically they can't afford to move it and it's home to where Cathro charges his laptops).

Also notice the lovely pink floodlight poles still clearly visible. Maroon...Red...Pink...they are a bit confused with their identity. :greengrin

The seats behind the police box are now priced along with the platinum ones.

Described as having a Blue line view.

After Stockton's miss I can see why they'd be highly sought after

The_Todd
31-07-2017, 03:34 PM

:rotflmao:

"Try". They're saying it was designed with keeping that right in front of the stand all along with a "we might try do something about it later"?

No guarantee they'll do anything, no guarantee they even can. Amazing.

Green Blood
31-07-2017, 03:38 PM
That is not the finished look.??! Surely.???!!

Think it is, see image! Looks terrible.

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 03:42 PM

The architect must surely be on the wind up, or the bevvy. That is a mess.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 04:02 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

psychedelic mix of colours, which is a shame as you don't really need to hypnotise them to get them running about like a load of farm animals and hand over their cash for imaginary shares, plastic crap and old sanitary fittings.

Roxyhibee
31-07-2017, 04:09 PM

Jeez.! Horrific enough now but it will not wear well as it gets grubby and deteriorates (a bit like them.!)

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 04:23 PM
To think what they were proposing back in 2007/08. Actually looked smart. Now they're building a cheaper/smaller version in a very expensive way. Chuckle.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/c89f3bd95e0787b86b741456b236e0b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fat freddy
31-07-2017, 04:30 PM
To think what they were proposing back in 2007/08. Actually looked smart. Now they're building a cheaper/smaller version in a very expensive way. Chuckle.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/c89f3bd95e0787b86b741456b236e0b6.jpg

This was an unrealistic proposal, it fails to show the police control box which obscures the view of the goals for around 300 season ticket holders (platinum)

GreenCastle
31-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Another genius drawing with the floodlight pole on the left blocking the view of the goal :greengrin Maybe these goal posts move?

At least that looks like a main stand - 2 tiered and different to the rest. Hearts have gone for the cheap option - but it's not very cheap..put up in the quickest possible time.

Least it's UEFA compliant now...or not....biggest matches it will hold will be Hibs in the League Cup semi final if it's lucky!

Green Blood
31-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Close Encounters of the Relegation Kind

3pm
31-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Take it's a bit too simple to suggest a round of games at Murrayfiled against Hibs, Rangers and Celtic would plug any gaps in finance?

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 04:44 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

psychedelic mix of colours, which is a shame as you don't really need to hypnotise them to get them running about like a load of farm animals and hand over their cash for imaginary shares, plastic crap and old sanitary fittings.
My theory is that they need to try and make it look as cheap and nasty as possible, in order to make them feel at home. The fact that the best culinary ideas they can come up with is chips only strengthens my opinion.

greenginger
31-07-2017, 04:51 PM

This must have been Vlad's master plan to make the Tiny pitch UEFA compliant by adding another seven metres to the pitch length.

Never mind that a huge swathe of simple fans won't see one goal or the hoarding just behind the goals as a cert. leg breaker. And, if you are lucky enough to get row A in the Wheatfield you get to hold the bottom of the nets.

Shambles then, shambles now.

greenlex
31-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Take it's a bit too simple to suggest a round of games at Murrayfiled against Hibs, Rangers and Celtic would plug any gaps in finance?

Not sure about all their fixtures but they play Celtic away at the weekend so that's it reduced a third.

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 04:56 PM
This must have been Vlad's master plan to make the Tiny pitch UEFA compliant by adding another seven metres to the pitch length.

Never mind that a huge swathe of simple fans won't see one goal or the hoarding just behind the goals as a cert. leg breaker. And, if you are lucky enough to get row A in the Wheatfield you get to hold the bottom of the nets.

Shambles then, shambles now.

But we now know that Vlad had absolutely no intention of delivering any of the many promises and they were all just a means of keeping the ball rolling and cash churning whilst the believers believed.

The fact that they swallowed pictures of a pile of boxes full of drawings based on the picture above which was unattainable for obvious reasons tells its own story about why they are where they are today with the one shambles of a stand part built and the others still shabby boxes that need work.

greenginger
31-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Not sure about all their fixtures but they play Celtic away at the weekend so that's it reduced a third.

Extra gate receipts might just cover SRU charges.

I can see games getting played at Tiny in front of 3 stands and the new stand season ticket holders housed in Murrayfield watching the game on big screens.

Oh, and they will arrange for chips to be served. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
31-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Probably crossed Budgie's mind

jgl07
31-07-2017, 05:19 PM
The architect must surely be on the wind up, or the bevvy. That is a mess.
I thought it was James Clydesdale who was responsible?

And he isn't even a qualified architect

Moulin Yarns
31-07-2017, 05:19 PM

They have the blood red ones to prove that it doesn't show on the maroon ones.

Elephant Stone
31-07-2017, 05:28 PM

They only ever really wanted one tier though, and with a wee ipsos-mori call centre joined on the back of it.

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 05:33 PM
If their new stand ages as quickly as the other 3 identical ones then god help them. They should have just sold Tynecastle and built a new ground somewhere. It's not even built yet and already looks cheap and tacky.

Seveno
31-07-2017, 05:37 PM

I like the green bit.

Coco Bryce
31-07-2017, 05:51 PM

SirDavidsNapper
31-07-2017, 05:51 PM
19016🤣🤣🤣

GreenCastle
31-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Someone must still have the pic with the boxes they posted on their official website a few years back :greengrin

Aldo
31-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Sure the original design incorporated the Police control room in its current position.

Might be a daft question but I take it the stand and seating is going to be to ground level in this section?? I ask as at this moment and from the picture there are 9 rows behind the Police Control Room that would be affected by this and they would also lose a good number of seats in the 9 rows to the ground where the Police box is.

This surely cannot be correct??

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Sure the original design incorporated the Police control room in its current position.

Might be a daft question but I take it the stand and seating is going to be to ground level in this section?? I ask as at this moment and from the picture there are 9 rows behind the Police Control Room that would be affected by this and they would also lose a good number of seats in the 9 rows to the ground where the Police box is.

Aldo my friend, this is hearts we're talking about. They'll sell those seats as restricted view and the idiots sitting in them will never see a goal at that end of the pitch.

GreenCastle
31-07-2017, 06:57 PM

Floor plan is attached - found online after a quick search - 19017

This is the E-ticketing site - showing the front section - some blanked out and still selling some pretty close to the sight line of the police box.

Aldo
31-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Aldo my friend, this is hearts we're talking about. They'll sell those seats as restricted view and the idiots sitting in them will never see a goal at that end of the pitch.

LB [emoji23][emoji23] I think I knew that but Thought I was seeing things. I honestly didn't think the club had the baws to do it and those gullible roasters not to notice but good the look on the faces will be funny as

tamig
31-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Another genius drawing with the floodlight pole on the left blocking the view of the goal :greengrin Maybe these goal posts move?

At least that looks like a main stand - 2 tiered and different to the rest. Hearts have gone for the cheap option - but it's not very cheap..put up in the quickest possible time.

Least it's UEFA compliant now...or not....biggest matches it will hold will be Hibs in the League Cup semi final if it's lucky!

It's a pathetic drawing. Also look how close the goal is to the Roseburn. No room for nets.

Aldo
31-07-2017, 07:03 PM

This is the E-ticketing site - showing the front section - some blanked out and still selling some pretty close to the sight line of the police box.

[emoji23][emoji23] cheers

Smartie
31-07-2017, 07:04 PM

Would I be right in suggesting that this is essentially a schematics issue?

lord bunberry
31-07-2017, 07:18 PM
LB [emoji23][emoji23] I think I knew that but Thought I was seeing things. I honestly didn't think the club had the baws to do it and those gullible roasters not to notice but good the look on the faces will be funny as

I'm just waiting for the photos from the disgruntled punters who have paid top dollar for a seat that doesn't include a view of both goals. They will have chips though. :faf::faf::faf:

Skol
31-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I read a post on kickback that speculated that it was all OK and in plan and these seats with no view of the pitch were being set aside for the blind supporters who go along for the atmosphere

Thats so bad I couldnt have made it up

Aldo
31-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I'm just waiting for the photos from the disgruntled punters who have paid top dollar for a seat that doesn't include a view of both goals. They will have chips though. :faf::faf::faf:

They won't get it until they take their seats even though it's been there from the off.
If Budge and co haven't seen this then OMG.

I wonder if it is being moved as there will now be no games there fir a while and no need for the Control Room??

Bostonhibby
31-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I read a post on kickback that speculated that it was all OK and in plan and these seats with no view of the pitch were being set aside for the blind supporters who go along for the atmosphere

Thats so bad I couldnt have made it upThe deaf customers will get to sit next to the singing section which itself will be reserved for mutes only. ;)

greenlex
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I am hearing Murrayfield is not going to be an option. This could be fun.

CapitalGreen
01-08-2017, 03:37 PM
The Red Squares are a nod to their former links with Russia.

surreyhibbie
01-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Apparently its not just the police control box, its where they control all the CCTV; Turnstyles, fire alarms etc etc etc... it aint going anywhere!!:greengrin

Waxy
01-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Temporary stand at saughton enclosure?

greenlex
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Temporary stand at saughton enclosure?

3stand games at Tynie and new stand season ticket holders kicking off. I'm getting the popcorn.

Mikey
01-08-2017, 03:58 PM

There is another stadium in Edinburgh that they could rent.........

Hibby70
Could the Murryfield e-ticket some of them are seeing is actually for a live beam back at the ice rink?

Haymaker
There is another stadium in Edinburgh that they could rent.........

Meadowbank?

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Meadowbank?

Undergoing redevelopment works. :wink:

greenginger
01-08-2017, 04:05 PM
3stand games at Tynie and new stand season ticket holders kicking off. I'm getting the popcorn.

The mugs who bought new stand seats with lounge access are getting a 5% discount because the lounges won't be ready until next January.

They could increase the discount to 7.5 % if they're not getting a seat either. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
01-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Undergoing redevelopment works. :wink:

Should feel just like home then :greengrin

Ómaigh-Hib
01-08-2017, 05:29 PM

It does remain an option, I'm afraid to say. The brother in law is a commercial lawyer and he has seen the in-principle agreement. Yams pay SRFU £25k and meet costs of G4S staff. SRFU keeps income from food stands.

ancient hibee
01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
However there are a few internationals coming up at Murrayfield.

Ómaigh-Hib
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM

But not until November. If they having got the ground sorted out by then they are well and truly scoobyed.

greenginger
01-08-2017, 06:02 PM
It does remain an option, I'm afraid to say. The brother in law is a commercial lawyer and he has seen the in-principle agreement. Yams pay SRFU £25k and meet costs of G4S staff. SRFU keeps income from food stands.

Who pays police charges ? Power , cleaning etc etc ?

TrinityHibs
01-08-2017, 06:08 PM

Not doubting you but the cost of leasing Murrayfield is normally significantly higher than that. Murrayfield takes 67,000 even assuming they only take 20,000 at £24 you are saying that they get an income of £480,000 and pay £25,000 seems a bit of an imbalance. SRU are not interested in the fact they have x number of season tickets.

Skol
01-08-2017, 06:16 PM

And repairs

macca70
01-08-2017, 06:20 PM

November 11th, 18th & 25th I think

Jack Hackett
01-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Not doubting you but the cost of leasing Murrayfield is normally significantly higher than that. Murrayfield takes 67,000 even assuming they only take 20,000 at £24 you are saying that they get an income of £480,000 and pay £25,000 seems a bit of an imbalance. SRU are not interested in the fact they have x number of season tickets.

Especially when hertz will pocket the income from the Dons support, which will probably be larger than normal owing to the novelty value

Ómaigh-Hib
01-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Hearts also pay Murrayfield 'stadium costs' - includes groundkeeper costs and so on. They would be paying cops themselves if game was at at Tynecastle anyway.,

Morganleith
01-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Their schedules on track so it's all hearsay. Of course they would of had contingency plans with the SRU but that's not to say they will require it. There's been nothing from their heirarchy to say it won't be ready. They need the basics - turnstiles, seats and bogs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Their schedules on track so it's all hearsay. Of course they would of had contingency plans with the SRU but that's not to say they will require it. There's been nothing from their heirarchy to say it won't be ready. They need the basics - turnstiles, seats and bogs.

They don't seem to bother about those in the other stands at that complete midden.

CapitalGreen
01-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Lighting, fire exits and signage, emergency alarms and PA system.

Skol
01-08-2017, 08:08 PM

There is a chance that their schedule was created by Cathro who discovered he had Microsoft Project on a free months trial with the new laptop his Mummy bought him on getting his first real job.

Billy Whizz
02-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Someone on KB suggesting that the 1st 3 "Home" league games will be played at Murrayfield, Aberdeen, Partick and St Johnstone. That would mean the opening of the new stand will be in front of Rangers, on 28th October, well behind schedule. Hope they haven't been mucking the SPFL with fixtures, knowing this all along!

You could see they were practicing their penalty kicks on Saturday, in advance of this!

bigwheel
02-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Someone on KB suggesting that the 1st 3 "Home" league games will be played at Murrayfield, Aberdeen, Partick and St Johnstone. That would mean the opening of the new stand will be in front of Rangers, on 28th October, well behind schedule. Hope they haven't been mucking the SPFL with fixtures, knowing this all along!

You could see they were practicing their penalty kicks on Saturday, in advance of this!

lol @ Penalties..

feels more realistic in terms of the current state of progress..

GORDONSMITH7
02-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Who gives a **** to be perfectly honest

Spot on amigo. 98,000 views. **** me!

BIG G

scoopyboy
02-08-2017, 11:49 AM

It's behind ok.

They have no seats for example.

Apart from your wee list there is also the small issue of a safety certificate being issued.

All to be done by four weeks on Saturday.