PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

SteveHFC
17-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Nope, no way should that host a game of football on Sunday.

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

There is no pride or professionalism with this for anyone.

They could have called it off on Monday took the fallout from it and moved on instead of a rush job that will be cutting corners and costing more money now and more money when all the faults start to show, Of course we don't know what is being said behind closed doors by the SPFL and Thistle

Iain G
17-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Their first game in front of the new stand should have been a gala occasion with a grand opening by former players or local dignitaries.

Instead it's going to be a half-arsed rush job with minimal facilities available.

I imagine even the EEN will be too embarrassed to produce a 20 page pull-out lauding the event.

Just sums up that they have no class or desire to do things the right way.

JohnMcM
17-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Registered Users A
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-safety-certificate-this-week-updated/&do=findComment&comment=6348407)

Been told that earlier in the week there was nearly 40 issues to be addressed. Earlier today they were 5.

Guess we’ll hear tomorrow.

Fair play to the council using taxpayers money to allow Saturday overtime for the inspectors also.

#establishmentclub

#knowyourplacepeasantfilth

This is the typical yam attitude that really winds me up. Are they really this arrogant?

I would like to think that the cost of those Inspectors will be re-imbursed by the club.

JimBHibees
17-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Nope, no way should that host a game of football on Sunday.

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

There is no pride or professionalism with this for anyone.

That is the bottom line there should have been a reasonable cut off time when it was a yes or no not this maybe, maybe not shambles.

SuperAllyMcleod
17-11-2017, 02:55 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/8759420f691bf073dcb584448e85bb34.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/759c54d7ea6b27692875dd49debeb3be.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/2fddd409b0f13fa35c08540360cece41.jpg
3 minutes ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that they don’t plan to use that are of the ground and instead have Partick fans entering the Roseburn from the other side?

That in itself would cause some segregation issues but probably not too many given the opposition.

Looking at these pictures, they don’t seem to be in too much of a hurry to get that end up to scratch.

SteveHFC
17-11-2017, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/931551782110670848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hmfckickback.co.uk%2Finde x.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller% 3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fclydes sb%2Fstatus%2F931551782110670848

Thecat23
17-11-2017, 03:03 PM
No safety certificate today. Back tomorrow!

Fife-Hibee
17-11-2017, 03:09 PM

HAHAHA! They'll give Partick a phone about half 2 and claim the 3 points when they don't turn up in time 😂

BSEJVT
17-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Excellent

Keep throwing money at it you fools!

Maybe you will get a certificate, maybe not, but all this rush will have resulted in a botched job with corners cut for which you have grossly overpaid and which will come back to bite you on the arse.

I would actually quite like them to get a certificate and for it to go badly tits up in the absence of proper testing, obviously with no-one getting hurt though.

Kojock
17-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Excellent

Keep throwing money at it you fools!

Maybe you will get a certificate, maybe not, but all this rush will have resulted in a botched job with corners cut for which you have grossly overpaid and which will come back to bite you on the arse.

I would actually quite like them to get a certificate and for it to go badly tits up in the absence of proper testing, obviously with no-one getting hurt though.

I would love the game to go ahead and them get horsed by Partick.I can hear the boos now ringing around the ground, dug 5h1te

RoYO!
17-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Sorry if this key question has been asked and answered, but...

What odds for Partick 3-0?

:D

Answer 50-1 one bet365. Got a cheeky £2 on that! :P

Radium
17-11-2017, 03:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/0e9a2805d872cca3084798f406cecfd5.jpg

This Thistle fan seems to have summed it up.

Craig_HFC
17-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Your phone needs charged, mate.

Waxy
17-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Anyone got a charger?

Waxy
17-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Hearts of scotmidlothian

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 03:23 PM
There really should be a cut off point much earlier than 24 hours before the scheduled kick off time.

To treat the opposition and the fans like this is just shambolic.

What a farcical laughing stock they are.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Must be really bad considering their old stand was regularly passed as safe.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Is it possible that they don’t plan to use that are of the ground and instead have Partick fans entering the Roseburn from the other side?

That in itself would cause some segregation issues but probably not too many given the opposition.

Looking at these pictures, they don’t seem to be in too much of a hurry to get that end up to scratch.

No, those stairs are emergency exits for the new stand. It can’t open without them.

Radium
17-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Your phone needs charged, mate.

Up to 14% [emoji51]

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Are there any boxes/hospitality in their new mega-sonic stand?

JNope, not if your hoping too watch football from them, but they have discovered something called chips which will more than compensate for this minor oversight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Their first game in front of the new stand should have been a gala occasion with a grand opening by former players or local dignitaries.

Instead it's going to be a half-arsed rush job with minimal facilities available.

I imagine even the EEN will be too embarrassed to produce a 20 page pull-out lauding the event.

Budgie probably imagined 400,000 prostrating themselves on the piazza Plaza while she waved from the Skyview patio and Locke showered them with chips.

Instead it will be less than 20k cursing after negotiating a building site to get in, fuming at lack of facilities, and booing another hoofball performance.

Good times.

Iain G
17-11-2017, 03:35 PM
There really should be a cut off point much earlier than 24 hours before the scheduled kick off time.

48 hours before kick off minimum, it's not as if it's the pitch failing a late test from the ref it's the ground failing a late test from the Council on the grounds that IT ISN'T FINISHED ON TIME. :greengrin

Sorry if this key question has been asked and answered, but...

What odds for Partick 3-0?

:D

Answer 50-1 one bet365. Got a cheeky £2 on that! :P

Bet Victor had it at 75/1 but when I went to put the bet on it came up saying there has been a price change to 70/1. I wonder why that is. :-)

Not In The Know
Budgie to the Partick Thistle Chairman "Gies a ring on Sunday when you reach Harthill and we will let you know...."

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Up to 14% [emoji51]

Get your Bluetooth off, nae need all the time.

Game will be off, guaranteed and they will play the we tried card and the league won't do anything about it.

Official website about a tweet? Where's your update to your loyal plumbs queen budgie?

Thistle should complain too. Or speak to Dundee who got relegated on the back of them conning the league.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 03:37 PM
I've decided I want it to go ahead. Partick are 7/2 with paddy power. Investing a lump of my Kilmarnock money.

Radium
17-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Get your Bluetooth off, nae need all the time.

Done, syncing the Fitbit, 4h 32 mind sleep after night shift [emoji31]

GlesgaeHibby
17-11-2017, 03:42 PM

They don't care about others though. Their arrogance knows no bounds, with the bragging about the council bending over backwards by providing staff for an inspection tomorrow and the whole establishment club pish.

As others have said, they'll be back at tynie soon enough but still forced to watch an utterly dross team managed by an arrogant clown. Plus the final cost of the stand will be £14m + which will need paid off before they can invest in the playing squad.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Budgie to the Partick Thistle Chairman "Gies a ring on Sunday when you reach Harthill and we will let you know...."

Partick should be raging. Silence from them having swapped the initial game. You have to wonder why. Hearts are a shambles.

hibbyfraelibby
17-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Have they craned the cherry picker out yet?

They can maybe just about pass the council checks but once the referee, and the visiting team, have seen where that cherry picker is parked...game off.

TrinityHibs
17-11-2017, 03:45 PM
A statements been issued by the Doc

RobR27
17-11-2017, 03:45 PM
LOL

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6332

"Restrictions

Returning again to the fact that this is still a “work-in-progress”, I want to stress that the building is, in large part, still a building site. As such, a number of points need to be noted, in order to set expectations and ensure supporter safety.

1. Only part of the Ground Floor (Main Reception area, the Players’ Lounge and the Supporter Turnstiles) will be open for business. All other areas are strictly out-of-bounds.

2. While the main concourses (North and South) are fully operational, a few facilities will be unavailable, namely one kiosk in both North and South sections and the disabled toilets in the North section.
Large kiosks in both concourse areas, with 10 serving points in each, will however be fully operational, which will provide more than sufficient capacity for supporters.
In terms of disabled toilets, supporters in the North section who wish to use disabled toilets will, for this match, require to make their way to the South section where disabled toilets are fully available.

3. I want to stress that not all concourse areas have been decorated to the finished standard, particularly in the North section. However, we will have everything fully completed and decorated to a high standard over the coming weeks.
Our principal objective has been to get back to playing our games at Tynecastle as soon as possible and, as such, our main focus has been related to safety issues, not décor.
In particular, I would mention that we still have to complete some ceiling sections (especially in the North section), but please be assured that everything is perfectly safe.

4. Everything above concourse level is totally out of bounds. Please adhere to barriers and to the stewards and do not attempt to gain entry to the higher levels. This would be a major Health & Safety risk and would almost certainly give us major problems in terms of gaining Safety Certificates for future games.

5. For the first few games, we will be restricting access to the new stand concourse area to main stand ticket holders only. While we appreciate that supporters in other stands may wish to “have a look”, we feel this restriction is necessary until all facilities are available and fully operational.

6. Please note that there will be no smoking facilities available to Main Stand users for this match. We will provide limited external areas for smoking as soon as practicable in the same manner as with other stands. However, at this point in time, please remember there is no smoking or vaping allowed.

7. Access between the North and South ends of the stand will, in future, be available via the walkway between the upper and lower tiers. However, in the short-term, this will only be allowed for disabled supporters needing to access toilet facilities in the South Stand.
Stewarded barriers will be in place and we would seek your cooperation by staying in your own concourse area for now.

To conclude, we are all very excited about getting back to Tynecastle Park for our game on Sunday. If, for whatever reason, this does not happen, it will not be for the want of trying. Club Staff, Construction Workers and Council Officials have all worked tirelessly to make this happen. If it can be done, it will be!

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding while we move forward with our development plans."

BoomtownHibees
17-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Budgie probably imagined 400,000 prostrating themselves on the piazza Plaza while she waved from the Skyview patio and Locke showered them with chips.

Instead it will be less than 20k cursing after negotiating a building site to get in, fuming at lack of facilities, and booing another hoofball performance.

Good times.

No sure it would be chips that Locke was showering them in

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Have they craned the cherry picker out yet?

They can maybe just about pass the council checks but once the referee, and the visiting team, have seen where that cherry picker is parked...game off.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1511213.main_image.jpg?strip=all

wpj
17-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Was in Gorgie this afternoon so had a first look at the glass curtained masterpiece - what a carbunkle, frankly awful!

well jel hobo etc.

Iain G
17-11-2017, 03:55 PM
LOL

"Restrictions

Returning again to the fact that this is still a “work-in-progress”, I want to stress that the building is, in large part, still a building site. As such, a number of points need to be noted, in order to set expectations and ensure supporter safety.

1. Only part of the Ground Floor (Main Reception area, the Players’ Lounge and the Supporter Turnstiles) will be open for business. All other areas are strictly out-of-bounds.

2. While the main concourses (North and South) are fully operational, a few facilities will be unavailable, namely one kiosk in both North and South sections and the disabled toilets in the North section.
Large kiosks in both concourse areas, with 10 serving points in each, will however be fully operational, which will provide more than sufficient capacity for supporters.
In terms of disabled toilets, supporters in the North section who wish to use disabled toilets will, for this match, require to make their way to the South section where disabled toilets are fully available.

3. I want to stress that not all concourse areas have been decorated to the finished standard, particularly in the North section. However, we will have everything fully completed and decorated to a high standard over the coming weeks.
Our principal objective has been to get back to playing our games at Tynecastle as soon as possible and, as such, our main focus has been related to safety issues, not décor.
In particular, I would mention that we still have to complete some ceiling sections (especially in the North section), but please be assured that everything is perfectly safe.

4. Everything above concourse level is totally out of bounds. Please adhere to barriers and to the stewards and do not attempt to gain entry to the higher levels. This would be a major Health & Safety risk and would almost certainly give us major problems in terms of gaining Safety Certificates for future games.

5. For the first few games, we will be restricting access to the new stand concourse area to main stand ticket holders only. While we appreciate that supporters in other stands may wish to “have a look”, we feel this restriction is necessary until all facilities are available and fully operational.

6. Please note that there will be no smoking facilities available to Main Stand users for this match. We will provide limited external areas for smoking as soon as practicable in the same manner as with other stands. However, at this point in time, please remember there is no smoking or vaping allowed.

7. Access between the North and South ends of the stand will, in future, be available via the walkway between the upper and lower tiers. However, in the short-term, this will only be allowed for disabled supporters needing to access toilet facilities in the South Stand.
Stewarded barriers will be in place and we would seek your cooperation by staying in your own concourse area for now.

To conclude, we are all very excited about getting back to Tynecastle Park for our game on Sunday. If, for whatever reason, this does not happen, it will not be for the want of trying. Club Staff, Construction Workers and Council Officials have all worked tirelessly to make this happen. If it can be done, it will be!

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding while we move forward with our development plans."

What a joke of an organisation they are :agree:

Eaststandee

Good times.

What an image!

Bostonhibby
LOL

"Restrictions

But, but months ago they were sorting out all the other stuff whilst they were just waiting on the seats to finish it all off?

Did I dream this or did the good doctor actually say it in one of her sermons from the mount?

Firestarter
Done, syncing the Fitbit, 4h 32 mind sleep after night shift [emoji31]

Get tae sleep then for tomorrow 😂

bingo70
17-11-2017, 03:56 PM
LOL

"Restrictions

What an absolute farce this is.

If I was a jambo (god forbid) I don't think i'd want the game to go ahead with all these conditions and warning.

I think i'd rather just give it a week or two until it's properly ready. No way everything will have been tested properly so if it does go ahead it'll be a shambles.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 03:57 PM
I genuinely can't wait to get there just after Xmas and to a chorus of what the *** hell is that!

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 03:58 PM
What an absolute farce this is.

If I was a jambo (god forbid) I don't think i'd want the game to go ahead with all these conditions and warning.

I think i'd rather just give it a week or two until it's properly ready. No way everything will have been tested properly so if it does go ahead it'll be a shambles.

Can you just imagine the flack Petrie would be getting? Yet they are all rimming the cludgie.

Every single article I read from her I have dame Edna's queen speech voice too. Well amusing.

madjock9
17-11-2017, 03:59 PM
The SFA should be stepping in now and saying the game is off.

Given the comments I would not be happy too many areas off limits and is a barrier and yellow jacket temp going to stop someone wanting to go looking or a group pushing through.

The comment that it is still a building site should be enough for the safety cert to not be issued.

Clearly they dont care for the safety of their own people I for one would not have been happy to walk into a building site without any of those hard hats boots and other safety items you see on the posters.

A disgrace all round from Hearts to SFA, Edinburgh Council for this.

G B Young
17-11-2017, 04:00 PM
LOL

"Restrictions

"A final visit will take place tomorrow at 12noon, following which I hope to be able to issue a “we are open for business” message early tomorrow afternoon. However...no guarantees!"

I love the breezy "However...no guarantees!" as though she's speaking to a crowd of over-excited kids waiting for her to hand out sweeties for good behaviour. I do sometimes think Budge has lost the plot.

Haymaker
17-11-2017, 04:01 PM
I genuinely can't wait to get there just after Xmas and to a chorus of what the *** hell is that!

:agree:

Hibs90
17-11-2017, 04:02 PM
There is a smell on this thread.

greenginger
17-11-2017, 04:05 PM
With all this effort to get the new stand passed for opening they seemed to have overlooked the status of the changing rooms under the Wheatfield Stand. ( Assuming they are the ones to be used )

They had a temporary occupation certificate to allow use for the Dunfermline game at the start of the season but that permission expired at the end of July.

Still, plenty time for a fresh application.

Spoke too soon.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=comple tionCertificate&keyVal=O4JFW9EW01O00

Temp. occupation certificate for 1 month just popped up on Council Building Control web site.

Mind you the building also houses the Yam shop, ticket office, and the club offices and have been occupied every day of the week without any authorisation.

Just a small detail for the incompetents of Gorgie.

StevieCowan
17-11-2017, 04:06 PM
So you think the SPFL would’ve sidestepped this issue if it was a game v one of the bigger clubs on the league..

Sporting integrity my erse, it’s Partick Thistle so who cares seems to be the shout.

I don’t blame Hearts, they’ll do what’s right for them but it’s the people running (ruining!?) our game which is the problem

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 04:08 PM
So you think the SPFL would’ve sidestepped this issue if it was a game v one of the bigger clubs on the league..

Sporting integrity my erse, it’s Partick Thistle so who cares seems to be the shout.

I don’t blame Hearts, they’ll do what’s right for them but it’s the people running (ruining!?) our game which is the problem

Why are Partick not publicly slating this? Makes no sense.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Piss?

Hibs90
17-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Piss?

Nah I don't think Mr. Locke posts on here.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Nah I don't think Mr. Locke posts on here.

You never know. Saying that it's too clean for him.

It's Golden Gary by the way.

1van Sprou7e
17-11-2017, 04:15 PM
"A final visit will take place tomorrow at 12noon, following which I hope to be able to issue a “we are open for business” message early tomorrow afternoon. However...no guarantees!"

I love the breezy "However...no guarantees!" as though she's speaking to a crowd of over-excited kids waiting for her to hand out sweeties for good behaviour. I do sometimes think Budge has lost the plot.

Am I missing something? It doesn't say that anywhere in the statement

Maybe it's you who's lost the plot?

E: I'm an idiot, it says exactly that in the original statement :faf:

green day
17-11-2017, 04:15 PM
That statement from Budge......what an absolute redder.

And some people criticise Petrie 👍

Aldo
17-11-2017, 04:16 PM
The cut off should have been 5pm today however the yams being the yams they will push on regardless.

I bet no other build in Edinburgh gets these sort of timescales. EDC should hang their heads in shame along with the yams.

I cannot fathom why the SFA or SPFL haven’t intervened. Shocking and disgraceful

GlesgaeHibby
17-11-2017, 04:18 PM
That statement from Budge......what an absolute redder.

And some people criticise Petrie 👍

She loves the phrase 'in short' whilst delivering a load of long winded rubbish.

green day
17-11-2017, 04:19 PM
If you read Alan Archibald stuff on BBC, he doesn't want the confusion or potential postponed game.

I assume it's his board bending over to the auld boot.

Smartie
17-11-2017, 04:21 PM

To be fair to the horrific shower of 12 fingered gimps, there is finally a smell of chips in the air round Gorgie way.

The last time there was such a keen sense of anticipation in those parts, Craig Levein had just squirted his way through his 36th roll of Andrex.

"It's jist like fizzy gravy hen. Ah dinnae ken whaur it keeps comin' fae! Git doon tae Scotmid and git me anither faimly pack!"

SeanWilson
17-11-2017, 04:22 PM

That's the bit that says to me they already know they've next to no chance and just trying to short term appease. Shambles.

.Sean.
17-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Embarrassing from the lying auld trout 😂

Thought the stand wiyh with it being put back would be basically complete for opening?

Disgraceful and I can't believe the league and Partick are being so lenient and happy to be having the pish ripped from them.

Beefster
17-11-2017, 04:25 PM
What a ****ing shambles.

hibbyfraelibby
17-11-2017, 04:26 PM
If you read Alan Archibald stuff on BBC, he doesn't want the confusion or potential postponed game.

I assume it's his board bending over to the auld boot.

Of course he weants the game played. His team are begining to roll and the Yams are honking just now and ripe for the taking.

Alan62
17-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Partick also have no other scheduled fixtures until they play us in December and half 8 games in December to negotiate. They want that game on.

macca70
17-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Surely, if Council officers have been there today, they are saying, you can’t get a safety cert now but if this, that and that are sorted by tomorrow lunch, we’ll come back and grant a certificate.

Surprised that any public event with that size of crowd and knowing the stand will be full to capacity gets the go ahead with significant amount of work still unfinished and certain walkways/entrance/exits not available for use yet.

IlDiavola
17-11-2017, 04:37 PM

If you think that's bad (which it is), you should have a wee look at their stand thread!

Seems to be more Hibs fans than Hearts posting there, it's really winding them up so, if it's any of you guys, a big thumbs up to you :thumbsup:

Between that, their resident moaners and the so called ITK guys, Keekback is not a good place for these idiots tonight.

Long may it continue :greengrin

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 04:38 PM
LOL

"Restrictions

What a complete car crash of a statement, worse than anything that we ever came out with in the bad, old days when our PR was honking.

Total embarrassment.

miy00015
17-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Think it's about time Hearts got their main stand up to date and now that it's about to open I'm wondering when they'll update the other 3 not fit for purpose stands?

jacomo
17-11-2017, 04:40 PM
What a joke of an organisation they are :agree:

Football club run like a village hall.

Any supporter would be cringing with embarrassment to read a statement like that from the owner... surely?

'No idea if the match in two days' time is going ahead... if it does, mind the place is a total building site... any disabled supporters needing the toilet better hold it in because it's a long way to the facilities...'

All with the jaunty 'it's a phased project - what do you expect?'

Gmack7
17-11-2017, 04:42 PM
after reading that mumbo jumbo nonsense with all these areas unfinished have the 150 workers been on strike

jacomo
17-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Sorry posted my reply before reading this. You are dead right.

I bet Budge is genuinely astonished that anyone could even think of criticising her.

Eaststandee
17-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Brilliant how a couple of mentally deranged individuals on Kickback are claiming to be workies working on the delaydium, slavering about everything being rosy and "nearly over the line" even when Dr Budge is releasing statements saying loads of it is ****ed.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Football club run like a village hall.

Any supporter would be cringing with embarrassment to read a statement like that from the owner... surely?

'No idea if the match in two days' time is going ahead... if it does, mind the place is a total building site... any disabled supporters needing the toilet better hold it in because it's a long way to the facilities...'

All with the jaunty 'it's a phased project - what do you expect?'

Talking of village halls I'm surprised there's no mention of cash cows or a special raffle for those entering the stand to win a photo with the cow (not the cash one) on Sunday should the council grant them access on Sunday .

Craig_HFC
17-11-2017, 04:47 PM
That statement is absolutely honking

:faf:

Betty Boop
17-11-2017, 04:50 PM
There's no danger Council officials are working 'tirelessly on a Fri. lol

IlDiavola
17-11-2017, 04:56 PM
There's no danger Council officials are working 'tirelessly on a Fri. lol

Do they ever?

:greengrin:greengrin

weecounty hibby
17-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Can you imagine what Rod and Leeann are saying to each other about all of this. They will be absolutely pissing themselves about it. Never have I been as glad as I am now to be a Hibs fan and not a forelock tugging, bend over and take it, subservient, lover of the establishment jambo. They really are an embarrassment.

IlDiavola
17-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Can you imagine what Rod and Leeann are saying to each other about all of this. They will be absolutely pissing themselves about it. Never have I been as glad as I am now to be a Hibs fan and not a forelock tugging, bend over and take it, subservient, lover of the establishment jambo. They really are an embarrassment.

:greengrin:wink::thumbsup::agree:

truehibernian
17-11-2017, 05:11 PM

....ahem......don't you mean established embarrassment weecounty :greengrin
Ann Budget is making this new stand sound like an assault course rather than a main stand :faf:......still no mention of these chips :cb outraged !

kaimendhibs
17-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Not happyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/37f5cdcd4d0cc0c2d1ac5549734d194c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

G B Young
17-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Partick also have no other scheduled fixtures until they play us in December and half 8 games in December to negotiate. They want that game on.

Some good stuff from Archibald here. Diplomatic but a veiled dig at Hearts' selfishness over this whole shambles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42028871

DarlingtonHibee
17-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Partick should be given the points if the game is cancelled.

GlesgaeHibby
17-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Partick should be given the points if the game is cancelled.

They'll be given the points if it goes ahead. Hearts are honking.

truehibernian
17-11-2017, 05:20 PM

Coffee over screen moment :faf::faf::faf: liked that one Glesgae :aok:

True as well hopefully :greengrin

17-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Complete and utter shambles from the start. Hearts at it big time.

BSEJVT
17-11-2017, 05:24 PM
That statement is absolutely honking

:faf:

It's not good but in her defence it looks like the drunken ramblings of an old woman who simply cant compute all that has gone wrong and is scratching about delivering sermons from the mount that simply reinforce most folks opinion of her as an old windbag who has lost the plot.

Corporal Jones in Dad's Army anyone?

IlDiavola
17-11-2017, 05:24 PM

:greengrin:greengrin Top notch sir!!

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Maybe a 20-page pull-out lauding the valiant but ultimately unsuccessful attempt to overcome the forces of bureaucracy, City of Edinburgh Council.

SuperAllyMcleod
17-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Why are Partick not publicly slating this? Makes no sense.

What benefit would they get from doing that publicly? Privately they may have had a word or may actually be hoping the game goes ahead so that they can play Hearts while they are on a poor run of form.

Corstorphine Hibby
17-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Not happyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/37f5cdcd4d0cc0c2d1ac5549734d194c.jpg

They're lucky it's Partick that they are due to play on Sunday. If it was either of the bigot brothers they were supposed to be playing i don't think they would have got the same amount of ' understanding '

Skol
17-11-2017, 05:39 PM
I reckon Hearts know there are unpalatable sanctions if the game doesnt go ahead hence the last minute nature of hoping they can get something basic approved. If it was a rap on the knuckles and/or token fine with a postponement, then that call would have been taken to postpone already

I reckon that there is a substantial fine (more than the cost of all the overtime), game awarded to partick, points deduction or closed doors game or even some combination of these possibilities.

Lets not forget this was supposed to be at Partick, but rather than move it to Murrayfield, Partick agreed to switch the fixtures.

WoreTheGreen
17-11-2017, 05:40 PM
It's not good but in her defence it looks like the drunken ramblings of an old woman who simply cant compute all that has gone wrong and is scratching about delivering sermons from the mount that simply reinforce most folks opinion of her as an old windbag who has lost the plot.

Corporal Jones in Dad's Army anyone?

Maybe if spent less time lording over winning WW1 single handed and more time like ordering seats. Shambolick and shameless

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I reckon Hearts know there are unpalatable sanctions if the game doesnt go ahead hence the last minute nature of hoping they can get something basic approved. If it was a rap on the knuckles and/or token fine with a postponement, then that call would have been taken to postpone already

I reckon that there is a substantial fine (more than the cost of all the overtime), game awarded to partick, points deduction or closed doors game or even some combination of these possibilities.

Lets not forget this was supposed to be at Partick, but rather than move it to Murrayfield, Partick agreed to switch the fixtures.

I would be surprised if they faced anything more than a fine if this game doesn't go ahead on Sunday.

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2017, 05:43 PM

:top marks

The one thing that highlights the difference between them and us more than history or fan culture is their 'boast' about being the establishment club and the way they see that as something to be proud of ..... I couldn't think of anything worse!
:confused:

Skol
17-11-2017, 05:48 PM
I would be surprised if they faced anything more than a fine if this game doesn't go ahead on Sunday.
It must be sizeable then otherwise why not just postpone and get ready for whatever the next home game is

Iggy Pope
17-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Failing to fulfil a fixture wouldn't necessarily result in a monetary penalty I don't think and it wouldn't be one that's much use to Partick Thistle or the position they find themselves in either.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 06:05 PM

😂😂😂

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 06:07 PM
It must be sizeable then otherwise why not just postpone and get ready for whatever the next home game is

To make it out to the league they are really trying when they can't postpone for that reason. Every effort made pish.

Hibs4185
17-11-2017, 06:19 PM
I've made a couple of posts about how bad edinburgh building standards etc but I've also had a few environmental visits and talk of being shutdown because guys started work half an hour before the permitted hours or working late to catch up.

Another example of the council letting them away with murder. Anyone else would be subject to all sorts of environmental orders for working through the night.

Aldo
17-11-2017, 06:23 PM
FFS it’s a single tiered stand their building not a ****ing stadium!

Total and utter shambles but it does show that they don’t have a lot of cash about.

Imagine the scenes on Sunday if it does go ahead. The celebration of a shell with seats!

Brunswickbill
17-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Statement tonight:- “We are agreed that good progress has been made, there is more to be done, but we should move forward together towards that point where sufficient progress can be declared.” Theresa May sounds awful like Dr Budge.

Kato
17-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Hearts of scotmidlothian

:not worth

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Statement tonight:- “We are agreed that good progress has been made, there is more to be done, but we should move forward together towards that point where sufficient progress can be declared.” Theresa May sounds awful like Dr Budge.So they're proceeding in a forwardly direction in a spirit of togetherness remaining focussed on the ultimate time bounded delivery of the objective whilst recognising the fluidity of the situation going forward?

Classic IT delivery waffle for the client just before telling them it's going to be delivered late and over budget.

givescotlandfreedom
17-11-2017, 06:37 PM
As mentioned, what other business would have council staff on call 24 hours a day to rubber stamp it's business application? Especially one that's previously scammed it out and for thousands of pounds.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 06:43 PM
As mentioned, what other business would have council staff on call 24 hours a day to rubber stamp it's business application? Especially one that's previously scammed it out and for thousands of pounds.

:tsk tsk: Haven't you heard? Calling out lying, favouritism and financial chicanery will spoil all the good feeling at ER and we've to move on. It will dissipate our energy too much, apparently.

green day
17-11-2017, 06:51 PM
:tsk tsk: Haven't you heard? Calling out lying, favouritism and financial chicanery will spoil all the good feeling at ER and we've to move on. It will dissipate our energy too much, apparently.

<slow handclap>

Turning a thread slagging off hearts into something critical of our own club, congratulations !

Joe6-2
17-11-2017, 07:05 PM
I would like to think that the cost of those Inspectors will be re-imbursed by the club.

😂

Kato
17-11-2017, 07:08 PM

Dunno but not Hibs anyway.

GreenCastle
17-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Hahahahahaha Hearts.

What an amateur club to support - national media across the UK picking up on the mess and making fun of them now also.

Even the Queensferry crossing had less hype than this over priced tin can.

I have a friend who has a spare hospitality seat though his business for this Sunday for the stand - he asked me if I wanted to go - tempted to go and see how bad it is and take some pics.

GlesgaeHibby
17-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Coffee over screen moment :faf::faf::faf: liked that one Glesgae :aok:

True as well hopefully :greengrin

Here's hoping. Partick are a better side than their league position to date suggests.

jacomo
17-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Hahahahahaha Hearts.

What an amateur club to support - national media across the UK picking up on the mess and making fun of them now also.

Even the Queensferry crossing had less hype than this over priced tin can.

I have a friend who has a spare hospitality seat though his busines for this Sunday for the stand - he asked me if I wanted to go - tempted to go and see how bad it is and take some pics.

Ewan Murray must still be writing his piece. He normally loves writing about Hearts...

Joe6-2
17-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Chances of getting a football right in the face looks odds on for anyone in the front rows

If it’s a hertz player, 25-30th row

fat freddy
17-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Drove past earlier, could see Budge & Potter trying to dismantle a cherry picker through a gap in the corner of the Roseburn and the new stand.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 07:24 PM
<slow handclap>

Turning a thread slagging off hearts into something critical of our own club, congratulations !

1. One post out of 8100 will not 'turn the thread'.
2. Afaik the club hasn't spouted pish about not having enough energy to both look after our own future and right wrongs of the past - though some on .net have.
3. Commenting on Hibs, including any failings which Hibs might conceivably have, doesn't have any bearing at all on how much Hearts can be slagged off.
I don't think you've really thought through your stance there.

Jack Hackett
17-11-2017, 07:27 PM

If that money had been scammed from individual councillors rather than the city's budget, I seriously doubt hertz would be getting the level of 'cooperation' they now enjoy. As it is, the prospect of a complementary chip butty and glass of prosecco ensures a continuing cordial relationship.

green day
17-11-2017, 07:34 PM
1. One post out of 8100 will not 'turn the thread'.
2. Afaik the club hasn't spouted pish about not having enough energy to both look after our own future and right wrongs of the past - though some on .net have.
3. Commenting on Hibs, including any failings which Hibs might conceivably have, doesn't have any bearing at all on how much Hearts can be slagged off.
I don't think you've really thought through your stance there.
I don't have "a stance". You, on the other hand, are slagging hibs off on a thread about hearts. Doesn't need much thinking through, much like your response.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 07:36 PM
If that money had been scammed from individual councillors rather than the city's budget, I seriously doubt hertz would be getting the level of 'cooperation' they now enjoy. As it is, the prospect of a complementary chip butty and glass of prosecco ensures a continuing cordial relationship.

:greengrin The only bit I disagree with is the Prosecco bit, it'll be Cinzano or advocaat.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 07:45 PM
I don't have "a stance". You, on the other hand, are slagging hibs off on a thread about hearts. Doesn't need much thinking through, much like your response.

You can't deny this is a good picture, one which puts our East to shame:

kaimendhibs
17-11-2017, 07:52 PM
As mentioned, what other business would have council staff on call 24 hours a day to rubber stamp it's business application? Especially one that's previously scammed it out and for thousands of pounds.It defys belief they are getting so much help from.council and leniency from media. The old trout blatantly lied about only needing the seats. They are pissing all over everyone including their own deluded fandans

Ringothedog
17-11-2017, 07:53 PM

Nope don’t see it myself 👍

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Nope don’t see it myself 👍

It's the one with the glass. :confused:

weecounty hibby
17-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Not for me, it's just a big square block of glass that you can find in any city centre, usually built during the 60s/70s. Not horrible but not fantastic either. Then again I'm just a bitter peg selling hobo who is seething with rage.

Kato
17-11-2017, 08:00 PM

Nice pic. Why would any Hibs fan be ashamed of the East Stand? I don't really understand the comparison.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Not for me, it's just a big square block of glass that you can find in any city centre

Where is there a curved glass wall like that in Edinburgh city centre, pls? It's the curve that makes it special for me, rather than the glass. I can't even see the curtain that Drs Budge rabbits about.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Nice pic. Why would any Hibs fan be ashamed of the East Stand? I don't really understand the comparison.

Ashamed is too strong. I withdraw that word. But we could have had a curved wall on the East if Petrie hadn't been penny pinching at the time.

Jones28
17-11-2017, 08:05 PM

Puts out East to shame? No.

But you're comparing apples with oranges.

And fwiw I wouldn't change them - and nor would a Jambo swap with ours.

HFC_NYC
17-11-2017, 08:06 PM
The bottom line is, the pitch is playable, so the game MUST go ahead as scheduled. This mob have been extracting the urine for far too long. Partick are not without fault here either. They should be kicking up a rammy over this as their pre-game preparations are up the air yet they stay quiet.

Postponements should be for weather related issues and not because they made a Geoff Hunt of their construction project.

GreenCastle
17-11-2017, 08:07 PM

Haha! Nope.

It’s missing half the stand plus it’s probably photoshopped.

I would say their old main stand had more character and that was pretty ugly.

17-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Ashamed is too strong. I withdraw that word. But we could have had a curved wall on the East if Petrie hadn't been penny pinching at the time.

You’d be better comparing it to the west stand champ.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Police Scotland have appealed for information on the whereabouts of several items reported missing from Tynecastle Park, the home of Edinburgh's Big Club, namely a safety certificate, an uninterrupted view of the pitch and any semblance of consideration for Partick Thistle FC and their fans........

Kato

Rotten attempt at a wind-up, mate. Way too clunky. If your serious :rolleyes: email Rod. I'm sure he listen and waste some money on something that'll impress exactly nobody.

bigwheel

A curved wall???? Wtf. Who cares - I’d rather have our stadium and our team than a curved wall ...what’s that about

LithgaeHibby
17-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Pal of mine at work is a Jags fan. He's raging about the whole farce and the prospect of Thistle having 9 games in December if the game's off. He knows a Jags fan who's travelling down from Inverness for the game. Of course Hertz will look after his costs if the plug's pulled... my ***e.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Haha! Nope.

Not photoshopped I don't think. I haven't seen the megastand from the angle in the pic, but have from the equivalent angle at the other end and the pronounced curve on it is genuinely impressive - sorry!

Cabbage East

What are you doing?

Bostonhibby
Haha! Nope.

:agree: The giant fish tank is apparently going to take them to "another level" - it's undoubtedly another level of debt.

I don't know why the opposition would want to bother turning up at all - now that they've got an office block facing away from the pitch and overlooking a school it'll be 3 points every home game now and the old Champions league special relationship will be rekindled, except they won't be able to play real CL games there.

Kato
17-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Not photoshopped I don't think. I haven't seen the megastand from the angle in the pic, but have from the equivalent angle at the other end and the pronounced curve on it is genuinely impressive - sorry!

Impressive in that it.......? Curves?

Green Badger
17-11-2017, 08:14 PM

Can you explain why this picture of the outside their main stand puts our East Stand to shame? We all know our West is the main stand.

What is the primary purpose of a football stand in your eyes that leads you to determine our East stand is something to be ashamed of?

jax67
17-11-2017, 08:14 PM

My thoughts exactly!!

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:15 PM
What are you doing?

Giving credit where it's due. The process of building the megastand has been a shambles, but there's nothing really wrong with the structure (except the ceefax badges inside on the seats and outside in monoblock).

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Yes as office blocks go, it's a wee belter.

GreenCastle
17-11-2017, 08:16 PM

Luckily they did the right thing and sorted the nursery out for the young kids and parents who have had to move out just so a community club can play Partick several months late.

Priorities of Shambles FC.

Driven past the new stand several times and even was at the Newcastle friendly in the away end and the PBS with a new stand or not is still a dump. Some curved glass needing a lot of cleaning won’t help change that.

Carheenlea
17-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Altogether now...

http://i67.tinypic.com/igxgf7.jpg

RoYO!
Where is there a curved glass wall like that in Edinburgh city centre, pls? It's the curve that makes it special for me, rather than the glass. I can't even see the curtain that Drs Budge rabbits about.

Not driven past the Omni centre recently no?!

jax67

Is that Edinburgh Castle reflecting off the super dooper curtain wall?
Nope, just a ****ty gorgie slum.

DarlingtonHibee
17-11-2017, 08:19 PM

I'm not sure if you are at the wind up, but the east was a fantastic bit of business by rod

Ringothedog

I like curves but their stand is bogging, and yes I am biased. Our old East stand was better than that carbuncle

tamig

Penny pinching? What an outlandish comment. The club took the opportunity to complete the stadium at a time when the market was in our favour. Consultation with the fans on the design also. There is plenty of scope for further development in the East. But why would anyone want a curved block bolted on to a stand that doesn’t even pretend to be a main stand?

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 08:20 PM
I just want it to end now, can the good doctor not just declare it open, have them all traipse in through the mud, and pretend they've gone through a virtual turnstile before eating raw potatoes and sitting on their cheap wee seats to watch the cranes until the generators run out of fuel and plunge the whole thing into darkness?

I miss the simpler days when we could just come on every couple of days and call them poppy thieves.

Stuart93
17-11-2017, 08:21 PM
ashamed is too strong. I withdraw that word. But we could have had a curved wall on the east if petrie hadn't been penny pinching at the time.

ltyf

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Altogether now...

That has to be a Hibs fan on the wind up.

Thecat23
17-11-2017, 08:24 PM

Our East isn’t our main stand. You really are talking ***** but crack on. Let us know how the game goes if they get it ready. 👍🏼

Bostonhibby
Altogether now...

They've got a song:faf::faf::faf:

Please let it be true.

Cabbage East
Penny pinching? What an outlandish comment. The club took the opportunity to complete the stadium at a time when the market was in our favour. Consultation with the fans on the design also. There is plenty of scope for further development in the East. But why would anyone want a curved block bolted on to a stand that doesn’t even pretend to be a main stand?

I think he’s trying to ‘wind people up’ on the internet. Which is actually just really, really sad.

tamig
Altogether now...

Ingenious. What a sad shower.

lapsedhibee
Not driven past the Omni centre recently no?!

Drive past the Omni Centre a fair bit but am ashamed to say I've never noticed whether or not it's curved. Is it? :dunno:

Kato
Altogether now...

They'll be lucky if 4 people even attempt to sing that and if they do it'll taper off after 20 seconds.

tamig
17-11-2017, 08:26 PM
I think he’s trying to ‘wind people up’ on the internet. Which is actually just really, really sad.

He’s had a few bites but his comments are just ridiculous.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Our East isn’t our main stand. You really are talking ***** but crack on. Let us know how the game goes if they get it ready. 👍🏼

I assume it's a sell-out but if not I might sneak in and post some pics from behind the polis box.

G B Young
17-11-2017, 08:28 PM

Well for starters I walk past this one on Lothian Road every other day:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrVs1MGUa54P85r-XJonqWJvttdd_no6ZtcoXPvCPFh4w1ACYS

Proper 'curtain' effect too :wink:

I'm assuming you're trying to wind folk up, but in case you're serious there's no comparison between our £3.5 million East Stand and Hearts circa £15 million main stand. Ours was delivered on time, on budget and does everything it's supposed to. Why on earth would Rod have thought forking out a curved wall was money well spent?! I salute him for helping to bring our whole ground in at the price he did.

Now if Hearts had built a stand where the section that faces the pitch (ie the only bit that really matters) was curved well, yes, then I might grudgingly admit it looked quite good. But to plough millions into what is, after all, a scaled-back version of their original grand plan just seems needless when you bear in mind how cash strapped they are.

Anyway, don't know why I'm even getting involved with this. 9.30pm and that's my shift finished. Time for a pint...

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Not really. There's plenty pish to be taken out of the yams for the way that they've been lied to, the farce of the building process, their delusions about the megastand, but the stand itself, can't see anything substantially wrong with it beyond the sunken dugouts and rainsoaked press box.

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 08:31 PM
They've got a song:faf::faf::faf:

Please let it be true.
It’s a miracle. The original version had something about 1902, but it’s been edited.

green is good
17-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Can't be long until they release a new special kit to commemorate the new unfinished stand. Hard hat, hi-viz vest and steel toecap boots.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Well for starters I walk past this one on Lothian Road every other day:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrVs1MGUa54P85r-XJonqWJvttdd_no6ZtcoXPvCPFh4w1ACYS

Proper 'curtain' effect too :wink:

Ta.

Kato
17-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Drive past the Omni Centre a fair bit but am ashamed to say I've never noticed whether or not it's curved. Is it? :dunno:

You seem to be ashamed a lot.

G B Young
17-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Ta.

Oh, and before I go, I just remembered this one too...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrBiWqBBcfKQzV3csE3q1IeMNqFsvcZ S6kl5T4bPVbYSYjKueoYg

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 08:33 PM
A lack of perception is a shame I share.

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 08:34 PM
this thread has been a fantastic read from start to.....now. long may it continue and let's hope it is embellished with some lovely additions of punishments to the gorgie mob when the curtain is closed and the press lambast them for this mess created by them. roll on tomorrow, when the spfl sfa and ecc have to take a decision. they all should hang their heads in shame for putting the real Jags fans through the hoop. Us?, well we are just loving it.

Beefster
17-11-2017, 08:34 PM

You’ve totally ruined the East for me now. How the **** am I supposed to sit in there every fortnight now, knowing that we could have had a curved wall?

This is like that time Mrs Beefster told me she almost bought a ‘comedy’ gnome for the garden but it was too expensive. I couldn’t even look at the back garden for theee months without thinking about what might have been.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:37 PM

Just for living near the Omni Centre since it was built and not knowing whether or not it's curved, that's the only thing. Have you imagined something else? :confused:

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 08:37 PM
It’s a miracle. The original version had something about 1902, but it’s been edited.

I know it, as one nil to the Arsenal, one nil to the Arsenal - that was in the days where they had a defence.

I hope the yam do adopt the grovelling version above though:greengrin

Kato
17-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Just for living near the Omni Centre since it was built and not knowing whether or not it's curved, that's the only thing. Have you imagined something else? :confused:

Yes. I've imagined your waffling a load of floury bap, oh hold on that's true.

lord bunberry
I know it, as one nil to the Arsenal, one nil to the Arsenal - that was in the days where they had a defence.

I hope the yam do adopt the grovelling version above though:greengrin
So do I. It would another world first for the famous. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
You’ve totally ruined the East for me now. How the **** am I supposed to sit in there every fortnight now, knowing that we could have had a curved wall?

This is like that time Mrs Beefster told me she almost bought a ‘comedy’ gnome for the garden but it was too expensive. I couldn’t even look at the back garden for theee months without thinking about what might have been.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 08:45 PM

It's not really the same thing I know, but if it helps you get over the lost opportunity I think I know where you can get a good deal on a plastic owl instead of the gnome. £4000 if you're interested, you'll need to be quick though as demand is high.

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 08:55 PM
I've made a couple of posts about how bad edinburgh building standards etc but I've also had a few environmental visits and talk of being shutdown because guys started work half an hour before the permitted hours or working late to catch up.

Another example of the council letting them away with murder. Anyone else would be subject to all sorts of environmental orders for working through the night.absolutely correct. my nephew telling me his squad of steel erectors working in an industrial area of Granton, being sanctioned for operating high work machines after agreed shutdown time of 5pm!!

Mikey
17-11-2017, 08:57 PM

He's more interested in having a pop at Hibs tonight because of the Rangers thing. Best ignored.

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 09:00 PM
:greengrin The only bit I disagree with is the Prosecco bit, it'll be Cinzano or advocaat.Never. Advocaat is for Dicks

17-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Altogether now...

That’s a belter.

Bizarrely, a Jambo was saying to me after the last derby how poor the hibs support was. He said we should have been more boisterous given we were 1-0 up and dominating. I was completely perplexed to be honest.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Never. Advocaat is for Dicks

:greengrin

Maybe a wee sherry for the cardigans then.

Jonnyboy
17-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Replace Tynecastle Park and remove the badge to be replaced with "Tynecastle High School" and you'll get a view of what it actually does look like, curved glass wall 'n all

Ronniekirk
17-11-2017, 09:09 PM
On the news just now saying Tynecastle Failed to get a SafteyCertificate Headline only so. O doubt when it comes on it will be but work remains ongoing round the clock to fix the snagging items needed to be fixed for Sunday

The Captain....
17-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Altogether now...

That encapsulates jambos for me..in all their forelock tugging, cardigan wearing beigeness. They truly are a breed apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seveno
17-11-2017, 09:14 PM
If Hearts are unable to fulfil the fixture then they should forfeit the points. Is that not the way it works?

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Replace Tynecastle Park and remove the badge to be replaced with "Tynecastle High School" and you'll get a view of what it actually does look like, curved glass wall 'n all

I'm obviously in a minority liking the curve. Totally agree that from a less acute angle the elevation is much less impressive, far more officey/schooly than theatrey (like the Lyceum or Festival).

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 09:16 PM
If Hearts are unable to fulfil the fixture then they should forfeit the points. Is that not the way it works?
Normally I think it is, but I think they’ll get away with a postponement. The Partick manager was on the news earlier talking about a rearrangement.

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm obviously in a minority liking the curve. Totally agree that from a less acute angle the elevation is much less impressive.

I love the curve, you can be outside and get from one end to the other much quicker than you can at Easter Road. That’s important.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 09:24 PM
I love the curve, you can be outside and get from one end to the other much quicker than you can at Easter Road. That’s important.
Faster anyway because the length of the pitch and run off combined is so much shorter/more atmospheric.

tamig
17-11-2017, 09:32 PM
That back-lit signage is pretty tacky looking imo. Another good thing is their next leccy bill is going to be some size - unless it’s wired into Sainsburys or the distillery. These floodlights have been on full blast the past week.

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 09:33 PM
If Hearts are unable to fulfil the fixture then they should forfeit the points. Is that not the way it works?I think you are perfectly correct. there is no mention in the rules of "just failed to meet the deadline" or possible quotes like "we almost managed it" or not by the lack of trying etc. all of these phrases are more than likely already in the Ann Budge book of gullable phrases. most Gorgie types have read that book back to front.

Fife-Hibee
17-11-2017, 09:37 PM
That back-lit signage is pretty tacky looking imo. Another good thing is their next leccy bill is going to be some size - unless it’s wired into Sainsburys or the distillery. These floodlights have been on full blast the past week.

Knowing these ****s' they'll have a pin in the meter !

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Knowing these ****s' they'll have a pin in the meter !

Will there even be a meter, or would they have got their chums in the council to classify Tiny Park as a tenement stair/street light supply?

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2017, 09:48 PM

Damn it, know what you are right .... now you have highlighted it you can see the east bears no comparison, we should be ashamed that the east cant hold up to that .... I dread to think what the main stand at Tynecastle looks like if that's their version of Hibs east stand.

That's pretty bloody shocking ... I'm thinking of E Mailing Petrie and Dempster about this !!! :grr:

Sir David Gray
17-11-2017, 09:51 PM

It's all about the semantics.

jabis
17-11-2017, 09:54 PM

So you're pro-lapsed.:smokin

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 10:05 PM
So you're pro-lapsed.:smokin

Many important buildings, old and new, in Edinburgh have curved walls - Usher and McEwan Halls, Lyceum and Festival Theatres, Cask and Barrel to name a few. There's even a whole Georgian Street, Royal Circus. Shirley it's not too much to ask that the megastand also be granted World Heritage Site status?

Springbank
17-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Many important buildings, old and new, in Edinburgh have curved walls - Usher and McEwan Halls, Lyceum and Festival Theatres, Cask and Barrel to name a few. There's even a whole Georgian Street, Royal Circus. Shirley it's not too much to ask that the megastand also be granted World Heritage Site status?

As long as the "in situ" cherry picker is preserved and included in the listing, along with the police control box and the annual February cup tie (that Hibs win after a replay) then I am all for this

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Faster anyway because the length of the pitch and run off combined is so much shorter/more atmospheric.

That’s true, I’m quite short and I’ve always considered myself to be quite atmospheric.

Nicho87
17-11-2017, 10:17 PM
They're obsessed of us being obsessed with their stand 😂

SRHibs
17-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I think the stand looks fine. £15m fine? Probably not, but if it was neutrally coloured it would be one of the nicer stands in Scottish football. Their issue is that there’s no room for progression from here, unless they create a stadium from scratch. Conversely, if we continue to go from strength to strength then we can look forward to getting the corners filled in.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 10:25 PM
That’s true, I’m quite short and I’ve always considered myself to be quite atmospheric.

Which reminds me of another feature the yams' new stand has which our East doesn't - reduced prices for people with extraordinarily short legs (say 2 feet) and extraordinarily long upper bodies (say 20). Section T lower. They've thought of everything!

Peevemor
17-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Faster anyway because the length of the pitch and run off combined is so much shorter/more atmospheric.On brokeback they keep referring to the PBS as a cauldron. Cauldrons are, of course, curved - so that's important too.

There are also a lot of curvy bits on their badge. Unfortunately the templates they used for the monoblocs and seats were printed out from a PC with an 8 bit graphic card that Budgie kept back when she flogged her IT business.

Sioux
17-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Fandango
Registered Users A

132 posts
Posted 58 minutes ago

"I would just like to say I'm sitting here feeling very proud, with a wee tear thinking of how great our club is. I can only see positive things in our future.... Roll on Sunday when I take my seat in the new totally gorgeous stand and applaud all who made it happen. "

FFS! Whatever next.

truehibernian
17-11-2017, 11:07 PM
Fandango
Registered Users A

132 posts
Posted 58 minutes ago

"I would just like to say I'm sitting here feeling very proud, with a wee tear thinking of how great our club is. I can only see positive things in our future.... Roll on Sunday when I take my seat in the new totally gorgeous stand and applaud all who made it happen. "

FFS! Whatever next.

Probably a few years of mediocrity seeing as they are skint and have a squad of unhappy players :aok:

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Which reminds me of another feature the yams' new stand has which our East doesn't - reduced prices for people with extraordinarily short legs (say 2 feet) and extraordinarily long upper bodies (say 20). Section T lower. They've thought of everything!

Are you being funny? You know I’ve only got 1 foot.

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Fandango
Registered Users A

132 posts
Posted 58 minutes ago

FFS! Whatever next.

Someone call the Bulgarian ambassador.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Are you being funny? You know I’ve only got 1 foot.
Be sure never to sit in the north end of the megastand then, as you'll have to walk the whole length of the ground to go for a pish in disabled toilets. That's about 60 metres.

Criswell
Are we to believe that it may be less than 24 hours notice given that this match will be allowed to be played? Where on earth is the SPFL board in this ongoing farce? There should have been a ruling days ago!

G B Young

Definitely curved (as is the John Lewis building opposite):

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgUvOeO6ceOxHy0ORyZbzZnMdmER1TO EQ60iod17pBy7YowMDA

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Definitely curved (as is the John Lewis building opposite):

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgUvOeO6ceOxHy0ORyZbzZnMdmER1TO EQ60iod17pBy7YowMDA

Ta.

poolman
17-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Altogether now...

Words fail me

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Fandango
Registered Users A

132 posts
Posted 58 minutes ago

FFS! Whatever next.

Ach, what's wrong with that, his club have indeed replaced an aging death trap not fit for purpose with what will eventually be a perfectly acceptable new stand, which will complete Tynecastle's shoe box appearance .. I get why he would be proud of that to be honest.

What brings a tear to my eye is the delusion of so many Yams who try to convince themselves that what is a basic stand is God's gift to football architecture. The outside is a bog standard office block and the seating deck is no better than our east or their own Wheatfield and lacks the finer points you would expect to see in a 'main' stand when it comes to corporate seating areas, press areas and their directors box.

So yes, Hearts are due a large amount of credit for finally building a new stand .... for what they have built, not so much.

Jack Hackett
18-11-2017, 12:13 AM
Words fail me

They obviously failed the Herbert as well

silverhibee
18-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Story in the Sun where Partick manager is having a go at the tramps for putting money before fans and that the game should just be played in front of just 3 stands.

Can't post a link, sorry. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
18-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Story in the Sun where Partick manager is having a go at the tramps for putting money before fans and that the game should just be played in front of just 3 stands.

Can't post a link, sorry. :greengrin

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1854246/archibald-partick-thistle-hearts-tynecastle-money-first/

Pete
18-11-2017, 02:46 AM

Looks like a scene from the opening credits of Dallas.

That administration...it was all a dream.

crewetollhibee
18-11-2017, 03:06 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1854246/archibald-partick-thistle-hearts-tynecastle-money-first/

There’s a cracking photo of Dr Budge in that article, if someone’s able to copy and paste please.....

givescotlandfreedom
18-11-2017, 03:09 AM

givescotlandfreedom
18-11-2017, 03:10 AM
There’s a cracking photo of Dr Budge in that article, if someone’s able to copy and paste please.....

There's you go :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
18-11-2017, 07:00 AM

😂😂😂 what a state

Libby Hibby
18-11-2017, 07:01 AM

Are those steel toe cap Uggs?

Peevemor
18-11-2017, 07:04 AM
😂😂😂 what a state

She's dressed for going on site - no big deal (except it's no longer meant to be a building site).

Heisenberg
18-11-2017, 07:17 AM
They are a shambles. Suppose that’s what happens when your owner hires her brothers wee tinpot company to build a multi million pound stand. They also all seem to be getting a bit upset about Hibs fans taking the piss. I’m sure if the roles were reversed they would be full of support and backing for us. Pricks.

Bostonhibby
18-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Ach, what's wrong with that, his club have indeed replaced an aging death trap not fit for purpose with what will eventually be a perfectly acceptable new stand, which will complete Tynecastle's shoe box appearance .. I get why he would be proud of that to be honest.

What brings a tear to my eye is the delusion of so many Yams who try to convince themselves that what is a basic stand is God's gift to football architecture. The outside is a bog standard office block and the seating deck is no better than our east or their own Wheatfield and lacks the finer points you would expect to see in a 'main' stand when it comes to corporate seating areas, press areas and their directors box.

So yes, Hearts are due a large amount of credit for finally building a new stand .... for what they have built, not so much.Ach, the boys maybe just a cranespotter and really looking forward to getting loads of photos up close and two more new serial numbers in his wee school jotter.

Ronniekirk
18-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Are we to believe that it may be less than 24 hours notice given that this match will be allowed to be played? Where on earth is the SPFL board in this ongoing farce? There should have been a ruling days ago!

It will go ahead its all part of the Charade being played out
But Sunday game time the faithful will be hysterical and It will be a Media Frenzy and they are hoping the Atmosphere will be enough to spur them on to victory
They will no doubt be cheering their Leader It will be stage managed like the North Korean s do

Moulin Yarns
18-11-2017, 07:56 AM
Apologies if already posted.

On site yesterday.

https://twitter.com/McBookie/status/931560326444797953

Aldo
18-11-2017, 08:00 AM
They are a shambles. Suppose that’s what happens when your owner hires her brothers wee tinpot company to build a multi million pound stand. They also all seem to be getting a bit upset about Hibs fans taking the piss. I’m sure if the roles were reversed they would be full of support and backing for us. Pricks.

O yes indeed. They have penny pinched from the start and rather than pay someone to properly manage it they have tried to save money by wining it, which in turn has ended up costing them.

I am also still getting some strange messages from yams about their new stand being better than our east and having better facilities. I told them for the umpteenth time that the east is not our Man Stand but they don't get it! Absolute **** Witts

jacomo
18-11-2017, 08:05 AM

Impressive that their new stand can be so expensive and so cheap at the same time.

Admittedly, from the right angle and in flattering light the curtain wall makes an ok mirror. From every other angle the shoddiness shines through.

It looks like it will last about 5 years.

Aldo
18-11-2017, 08:06 AM
It will go ahead its all part of the Charade being played out But Sunday game time the faithful will be hysterical and It will be a Media Frenzy and they are hoping the Atmosphere will be enough to spur them on to victory They will no doubt be cheering their Leader It will be stage managed like the North Korean s do Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronnie the roasters can be as hysterical as they want but deep down everyone bar them can see they have spent £14million on a shell and few seats (costs rising) . It's a bloody stand FFS nothing more nothing less. They go on about it like its the first one ever built yet when you look at it they are years behind us in the facilities//infrastructure stakes.

Absolutely ****ing idiots the lot of them

Firestarter
18-11-2017, 08:12 AM

On site yesterday.

Statement incoming.

G B Young
18-11-2017, 08:25 AM
Altogether now...

I'm assuming it's a child who wrote this, but I still feel embarrassed for them.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2017, 08:25 AM
😂😂😂 what a state

“Dismayed at the construction delays, the QoH decided to lead by example and complete the stand herself. Thus thousands who were expecting to be deprived of weekend football could enjoy the sporting contest. This can-do attitude, so lacking in Britain today, is truly inspirational.’

G B Young
18-11-2017, 08:27 AM

On site yesterday.

"So… in short, everyone at the Club is working flat out."

Not everyone clearly Ann.

G B Young
18-11-2017, 08:30 AM

And one more...former Scotsman offices, now Rockstar at Holyrood. Not so much glass on show but a nice curve nonethless...

Ronniekirk
18-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Ronnie the roasters can be as hysterical as they want but deep down everyone bar them can see they have spent £14million on a shell and few seats (costs rising) . It's a bloody stand FFS nothing more nothing less. They go on about it like its the first one ever built yet when you look at it they are years behind us in the facilities//infrastructure stakes.

Absolutely ****ing idiots the lot of them

Agree Aldo They seem to be playing the our stand is better then your East I wouldn't rise to the Bait They are deflecting away You notice they are not saying Our Main Stand is better than your Main Stand , because they know it isn't
Some of them are in for a fright when they see their reflection in yon Mirror set up

Jack
18-11-2017, 08:33 AM
And one more...former Scotsman offices, now Rockstar at Holyrood. Not so much glass on show but a nice curve nonethless...

http://www.hibs.net/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxMSEhUTEhIVFRUXGBYVFxUYFxcXFxgXFhUWFxUXFx cYHSggGBolHRUXITEhJSkrLi4uFx8zODMtNygtLisBCgoKDg0O GxAQGi0lHx0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLystLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS 0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLf/AABEIAQcAvwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAABBQEBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAQIDBQYABwj/xABJEAABAwEEBAkHCgQGAgMAAAABAAIRAwQSITEFQVFhBhMiMn GBkaGxByNissHR8BQkM0JScnOCs8I0dOHxJWODoqTDQ5JTZIT/xAAZAQADAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQMCBAX/xAAmEQACAgICAQMFAQEAAAAAAAAAAQIRAyESMUEEEyIyQlFxgW Hw/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwAezVRrzRDbOHHkoBrUdZq0HpXutfg4Ewl tnvC6gq iXB27arOi8SFbMohzcVJycTdWYirTjBRli0GldGnNow1qnfThW jK0YaoFurrqnuJLi0IgurrqnuJCxICC6uuqcsSXUAQXUl1T3El 1AEF1IWqYtSFqAIC1Nuqe6mlqBkBakLVOWppagCAtUVaoG4nWY RRaszpe0uqVLtMxdxn42 Cjny 3G/JSEOTL1pBxGKddWaoaSdTMVAR6Q9o1q7sekGuGrpHtGpTx qjLT0alia6NWWpWiCpbiUMXUc1ltYaQddK0NGymFnNDyHZ4LaW JwIx1hcmbR0Y9mf0k0wRCylopmTK9C03ZSW4ZrI6QoxrW8MrRn KilLEl1FGmkfShdBEGupLqnLF1xAA5akuoi4kuICwe6kLUQWJt xAWDlqQsRBamlqB2DlqaWogtSFqABi1NLUQWKK0PDGlxyHxCG6 2aRU6btgpsjWdXTkOv3rMua7mg8rnPcPtHIIq12o1HmpnBu0xq LtbugewrqNC7hmcydp1leNny 5Kzuxw4ogZayOTWZeH2gPEJBYjz6D /470UWoc2fG8wlp2hSspR6tcThTU9xSU2r3TySGjM4YLXaIcTBm TCyt2CrTQ9quOkiVLLG0bhKmbKpQlhwxWJ05YS0yRnktzZq4ew EZKr01ZA9uWLZidi5MUnGR0ZFyRgLqRzFZ1rPBQrmLvTs5GCXE hYiuLXPpp2AJcSGmibiQtQAKWJLqJLElxMAUsTSxFFiaWIAFLU 0sRJYmlqABixZLhVpG84UaZx1nZtPj3rQcIdIihTJ sctv99X9lh7NZy8kuzdi7c081vX4RtXD6vN9i/p1YIX8mT2SnMOjAC6wbtvSc xSVAZCKu4FREQQvOZ2ojaEzioyRToKjyQB7CbPjBTDTRhpkjPF RMpr27PIZAae5S2cAEKVtGSphZTB3JNgi 0ZVIbAiE6rWkYnah9AVBk5WlpsDb0jJccqUqZ0xtxMtbKWZjrV S6jit3W0UDqkZ5rP6RsoYTHgr48qekSnBoonU4SPYdaLc3FI5q vZICuJtxGXEnFosAMsTSxGGmm8UnYAZYmuYrAWaRgoX0kWAEWK G0PDGlzsh8QjyxYLhppe 75PSO287UAOc4nYMR27lPLl9uNlMcOboptIW35TVLiJa0gMbqc/f6IHd0omnTuja4mSdpOZ NS6wWYNE5ACGzgQ3Mk kcz1DUodK2zi2yOeQQ0bBtPxsXkNtu2eilSCy2MPjeoXNlEaup QvKyzaEaNqZUEKQFKWhAHtrQEy6USGKZrdy9izyAFjCixSlo1H WFwbBlKWYykwJ7I2HDPpVxWrXgACelVFB8GMwrJtIkT2KGRbtl YPQVTtIbgTkh7WKVQG8OtDcSTj3qahTnMqfBLdm begKrodkG7nGElU1exObm2Fr6TWnAnFdatHgtiZ1jPwWo5 LpieO1aMSaSa6mrCpRgkKN1JdaZzgPFpzDCJNNMdTTFYNUeSIU BYjTTQek7S2jTdUecGjtOoItJD22Z7hZpcWelAxe7BoGeOAjef edS8 sVkvOJdiZ5Z1OdmGD0W4dg2Ka1W59qqmqSZcSGYYNbkXwewdHS jm0wwBowAGJ2DWSdv8AVeXmyvJI9LFjUIkVprBjS93NHedQCyt d7qz/AEnEADUJwA6ERpW3Gs4Bs3Bg0bTlMbSpbLZTTtFNjswWT1mfas RjbNSZeOyTQ3JOLk0qZQUtTbyQPCcKU4iEWB74aaVjUSWJAxer yPHIRRUvyMjP qnYFPq2rEps0kgWjZjIRslo2hMa2E 01JAwUpNtm1pD LBGClpWcBJZMtindS2EqMpeCsVasYKABwCncwEYpWCEyu/DKVi22VVJWU9s0ZJkIF9O6IIWioDsVZpECYAXVjyNumc04pK0U hpphpo51NNNNdVkCvqNABJwAxJ2AZkrybhtpo2urxVOeIYYcRg XnUweke4Z5FX/AJRuE PySzuF4zxjtTQM5Owd5w1Qcloyx3AJnCboOeObj6Tj2YDp4/UZr KO30 GvkxbJQ4tpmJPUBGQGxoHtKp9P20kNY08lwvE5XsTA6MPBXdro XoaSI uNeohvRkTt6FScIWcsbmjxcuTydfgBsNLlUjtd 8D2K0tg ejpZ4BCWBv0H3v wo62N fDpb4BdcFUV 0c8u/4H3V1yVKKeE6vFRudkuM6QOqC0omgRqTa4TgEgPow00nFos00n Frt5nk0C3FIMoU3FpeLScgOpuEQQonMUtxODVm6HdkVJ8dCsab pCDDFO0b1mdMrik0yTBKWhMa2F5/wu8pjKEss9x0YGs88idjBIv9OXSsJN9HRHrZvnuiIXmnlG4cU6 F9lBwvDB9QY3T9lm1 /V05YW3 Uyu8Om11HSCLrW3AdwIaAF57b7W s687LU0ZNG73rd8Be3b2abRvD vRJujkyTF4g4nXBgnplapvlDrVaF1rYfUlrCYBgc5wIiAPtR3w vNNG2IOIc8S0m61uRqO2DY3aVpNG2EmalSDIgxzYGVNmxg17ej PHuyXkp7cX2h9Gyg8omRN69re77R9EQLo3A7EuldICzt21XA3W/ZEc4/G7ap9J29tBl92LiSKdPaQOcdgEj 5Czlisjq76lWo4kik6r0m7g3cBPcsxVmpOix0ASaV5xJLnOJJz O9B6f5/5R4uVnoVsUW9fiq3hA7l/lHiUmqZpdEOjm/Qfe/7SjrWPn/W3wCF0YP4fp/7SjbeLtsc85Nuyd8CBvJ2LrTqNv8nO1cv4WVZ oZIZynco301xs6SF4lOJTamYCf3pIZ9NXV11SXV11Ws8/gR3V11SXV0IsOBHdXXVJdXXUWHAZCWE6FQ8ONPNsNkqViYdBaz 7xBxjXABO ANaBqBiPK9w9FFpstEyTIqEHnH/AOOdTR9Y/l2rwe12p9R155k9w3AagpNJW11ao6o8mSdZmBOU6 nWSUKAsyfhHSkOY4g4Zq90PZC4X6gvNMhoyc8j7J1NGt2Q6VS0 aLnkMYJc7AAaz7lu7LY3AcuMgDsMfVaNVMbNevemtWaXYFYtHy TUeQdQIwaG/ZYNTdp19GZ1WviGAgOIJaDjgNZGxCaY0oKXJAvPgkM2YTedu3f AA0PZanHh9Wb7qd/EjJx5OWQuxgs0 x34G8JKIusGJ5xJOJJN2SUToVnm3/yx8GpOEuTOh37VNoZvm6n8qfBqrh7M5eh ifom9B8SqvT45f5R4lWujB5pnQfEoTSVAOqCRJgQ0GJxOZ q3HPsU5P5G10C2EQ2i/YCQBmXB5IAHwFZsoknjKmLswNTZ2bTv8FJZrKGxOLoA2ADU1o1 BSXC7LAbfd70OTloFFLYqYSuSgLJoY8LgwJXYpbpQhH05C6E5c tEqQ26uhOXIDihsLoTlyApAtvtlOhTNSq4Na3MnuAGsnKF86eV zhn8uqtpMwp055MzBn6xyLsASBlAG1fQmntDUrZSNGteuEg8lx Y4EZEObjrXjXDTyb6KsgN21WhtU82iOLqndhdBA3k9q0mqCtnj iewd/htVhadElk44DcPYVbcEtHUKlSKl57wCW0y3kADW4688ssda1CP J0KT4qyy4IaI4unxzhy6g5Pos1dufYrKqcSN6vX2Nwi 0sGEEtMYjDuVJaBDnAbSreoiowSRPBLlJsylezD5S47b8/wDqVd1RFob/AC9H1Wqrqj5wf9TwKuazfnI/l6HqMUF9DKv60VPCJvN6HftROhm aq/yp/Ym6colxaANTt2zEnUE x2d0AAkC61pdkSGgc3WBhnnsjNZhLianHkSaObFJoIxjHdjMHY cUjhDydwHefeiGUwIDRACrtJ6SbRcSW3jAujfjMnUFm7ZvpBda o1jS qbrdh17t53BUlS31LRWZSZyGuIOwkZ8o6hAyCZZKTrTWoGqSQ5 wBaMAAal0huzDXmrR9nazSTmMaGtaYAGAAFMq0YWr8EpT8BbWJ rmp1PAb12vFQLDS1OvJrhilhCA nFy5ctEjlybUqBoJcQAMyTAHWVlNN UWw2eWioazx9SiL52ZjCN6ANaqzTWn7PZG3q9VrNjc3HoaMSvL dM UW2WhsWcNs7Tr5743uwAP3cVknWe881Kj3Pfre5xJ3m8cGztEI HRsOEvlKtFYupWRjqDI lcJqGcobPJ7R06lkaFmMFz3l7jJcScSTjyjr6MsdaFrW4B4oUm GpVcWgMbhJe5rWy90AAlwx3oqyB9wGoGhxL8GzAuvczM5nkZpM aKLSIg1Ol2XWiuALQbU7DKk45 mwe1DaRzqdLvaouDWlxZa4c5stc00ybwbdBc03sRjzcsM8wqYn UrMZVcT1W3W15vMY5/FOjkOM5AbZ2LLaQe59V7nHlFxJO8lH2rhFZ20m1S6Q 6Q0QXi9IxAMCIOvUc1WveHEuGTiSDlgcs9yt6lriqI mTTZmi3z7v9T2q6ruBtEg/ Ci3rbTYHdhEIWnY5e9 WLhJg/Wxge09iMp0mjIdJzM7ztXLz1R1cd2R1mBz2zkATGqQRBI1xiur VgBJIa0ZuOA7/jpQembfxJDi0uwMDLWMTuwQ9isZtDbRVrOJ4uz8ZTaMGhzrjTI 188 9EY2EpUWNirNqMvtmCTEyJgxOOKpeErMT0BW2i2xRYBsPrOVRp 4cs9AR5DwScGm8uzfiN/VCsLUP8Vqfed k5CcFx5yy/iN/VR1pH LVfvVO6k9dMfpX7OeX1P9EtNiaWynBIcFyHUJGCa0rnVUsoA mly5ctkjG VSzh9jBOYqNjrDgV446pSa66ILvsNF90xPMYMMATjGS9l8qf8F/qM8HLyDQbB8oefjChaVqKvQN0rILfbHiiXtaJuhzQ70gCJAywO 1SUbEQGVH1HuPn8OawXHUmiGN3PdnOag0t9CPuUv02K2ePN0/8A9X61AJryJvoqtGNm3sjMvpAHPHjqMZoylN0TtfHRxr/bKg0O4NtzHuya i49DatInuCJo4tbAgi8Os1Hu/cpvo2uzN6TqAGp0uHeULo/Q9S0cym98EDDBuY1nCc 0La2XQdmYz5TaqrSC93myQ1rW8rlY84yBGrxQ2kOH1JhIslK/dgNdzKYg5xskXhhAK0tLRluyot/BJ9ChUrVXAFl6GZmeUIn7IuR1b1YWB3mqZP2GeqFk9McI7RaCT VqyDJLGYDlYnHpzjNazR8cVT1chnqhZk3Wxx7BKulKdMOaSXPl 54tucXjnszH9VOw1hXLKt1oFNj7jcY4wMe2XRiQ1wyjElU9Rg4 953P8AWWl0sPntT8GzD/j0Cn9oX8ig4TjmzsPiFZaEHza2H/6jPXoqs4S5tHonxVrob Et26y0u pRTxhkGaOb5tmP1f3FUmnncsxsCvNHtmnT 77SqXTrQHnoHgs/caXQVwSHnrIP8xv6pRlpH L1 mv3UaiG4HibRY/xB oUTa3hulrSTgA60DrNKo0d5Cun8SD r EzWYJr0ofKUhcx1EJphdcT9ac5qEI lly5ctkjH VP CH4rPBy8e0ZaBTqPc4HEnKJxo12eNRq9g8qh ZD8VnqvXjtiJqPdTYDIvEkkNbhTqVTiJOVJwyzI6U0D6I7W2 0DKWsb1tYG/tRdMvcWguEC/A/EcHO2a2jPYhNJVCymHAC9da8TJHKYHQcpzVrTsoaGPc5xkWiRg G btFOm3AD7LjrzKW6Y9aCa1GmxkwMcC4kAThhjmg6dcGC3KNWWz DsRugtJA26jdY29x1BhdGN01AInrVZR5lP7s/73KUY62VlLejE6de81nuIJAc6CSXXQDgADgEVwQ4Nv0jVdTFUU wxl8uILsLwENaCBMnaEbpOmCXz6XiVrPIvZ2m02j8H97VSMrey ORUrRb6M8nFhoQXMdXcNdUyP/AEENjpBVHb6YFWoGgAB7gABAADjAAGS9Tq08V5dpA eq/iP9YqmWqVEsDbbsyVQ df8An9ZafTQ fV/w7MP NQWVefOv/P6y1emagNvtEEEXLMMDOVnpA5bxHUseC/3Ga4SmSPu 1W h/wCC0gdlmoDtrUlUcJ8wfRy6yjLHVIstuAJA4qgCNovtIB6xKId BIJsOFKn90e1UOnn8sncPBXtjb5qn91vgqPhABfdHo AS 4fgn0FPHWYAkYTgccSTgRl1J1Nvz tu431HpdBN cWUeg31ZTqA f2j/W9V6r4MeQ9ilYEyE4CVAqRualYUj04IQH0suXLlskYvysuixD8 VnqvXknB14FZ8kZVteyyWv3jtXrHlbg2NgIBmq04icmvnxXiVG nRY4ufSpu5VYcpsjGzVGtw3Oc0jeAdSaDwG6ed5vCOZSxMmPNN 2Ed6baKdsxAr0y1tOs8A045LrW5rxhOJfRDs9yG0iBxIuhrQQ3 BoujmQcEay0kuqS7/xVBqy WWl0duKQxnAxlU26zl72nz9mLgG5zUBEGcOxWBpXGUx6A9ZxVX oH JpQSPPWcYHefcibFUmlTnGW 0rLNIq9J0xdcR6Xitf5E6UWi0H/ACR oFjLYWw XNbic51mNQKvPJ9wnoaOq1nVi596mGRTaSWw68Sb0YYISozPaP aKrRK8i0ifPVfxKnrlaO1eVuwu5IZaCD9ljSRljz1lK1e 5zhMOJcJzhxkTvxTbbM440ZS086p0O9cLTWwRbrTuFH9Jqy9pd yqnQ71wtRpFrm2 1BwII4kEGJ iaRMbkPooUXCYyZ9H2lGWU/Nbf8Acs/rhA8KHY/lHrFF2WzudZLe8PutY2zXmRN 63HVdInenHoTDrKPNU/uN8AqDTw5bur1QrvRx80zoVLp36R3V6oS8j8B3B/wDirNgTDG4ASeZs6UyjWAt1cnCTVaAcDLrwgg5HdmiuALHO0hY gx118mHQDBDHnI4HCR1oa0u/xK13sXcbXxj6wqOJMasj2rdmSyXOdBSNJTmuUkUGOMpwcknHch 3W5k4OToR9BcItPtoURUDgLwN2ccYkYDFUNi8oTbrnVGXiHQAz nGS6MCcojFeRad4X2m0MDHUmCMZk/H9lTjTFoYfqA3pwaTqiOd0KEVlat6ZV 0tdnrflI05StNGlxZMhzpBERIESvKW8qoWEkfTvy zReR4d6ms lqlS8apEAF2AjXiY6lDpau8A8s6xqyy2K0VLjvsk6vXRPpIXaI AyAaP8AaoH1Yc94Y 6WvEhsyeOrYckYEBwHVsgCDTVqPFCMMhP5SjW1nOoteXGSxroE AYidi0KxujwTaabQ6CX0scRGIxw6VZaKbNKnEDkj2rGutji5r5 xBB9qt9HaUIptEc3kzn8ZpuLFyItNU4D9mPiorHULeNaBg zhp3ckY93enaR0kXMc2M/f/AGVe61m 4j7Bb/tj2rKUqB0XHACs9lrJbTc9wpVhdbMyGyJgZXg1p 91GwraUq8aWENAkg8ll6TnJcLwOYwVXwY4Smy2o2h1O8C17S3D N5B tI qjKdjFR3Glxkm9EDXjEo3bsSora3Pf0O9cLS2t7jbbSXuvO83J wxIptAy3YLMVzy3dB9cK6o29ta016jJDX3HC8AHc1oMgEjMbSm 0/wDv4aVFdwpz/IPWKIpWots1rZjD20Z2ch0ie1DcJzjPoj1ioKtohlVuPKAyOHJ jnDXmmloXk0GjXeaZOzwwCpNOnlu6vVCt9GfRM6PaVS6cPLf1e qELsfgO4JVXNtVmcx11wBIcNXId7JQ7qh X1i4yTVqydpLnSe0oChaXU7j2mC1og7JEe1OsVQutN4mS514na TJJ7U6d3/grVUapj5UdckJwahbZViOtYNEdorwFXWZ2IlOt***CzHtVsaMS HE1scGmR8a09r6omWNP5o96sQzo7U7iRu70e2zFgTXkhwLQJBG c5lM0hUL/qntCPNEJjqQ2J8B8iotj7zWsuOAB2jUMNStW4Wdg/y2 qEl0DV3BNnp7kOAKRmmiQMEbZHkCAJx9ytarp39MO8UyGa6bQd rbzfAwimFoqbRTdOIj 6Q2d059 5WlWyscZvOB3wR7FC/R7vq1W9bXDvBKQyt4h0xh8Sr xmA3H4hVbrBWzF133XN9sIqziqyLzTO8AhKwoCtJx7faitCPIL o2BLaagIALG68hH1TsU9mdTEmHCYnGRlvR4AH008k47B4lBV3m T0HwarG20mvPPjpEISvYziQQZGGO2Br6EIC6sFpPFtEZDd71Ua Zqy53V6oVlQBa0AgiBHcqbSZxPSPAJVsd6In1MB90BSWCpFUHf 1CuByjUpbAJqtG/9pWmI2FB8icclBbow6/YpqAhjehCaRzEb/YpFCtrlMo5JtoldTOB NitAnIvT8YLg0/H9U4dJSuAOxWJkbj8YD2JpHx8BODAlO7wCQDA0fAXAxr7gpATt 7vckjp7CkAl4ppB JUgnYE5rT9aI6vckMGc2c57FG ns8Ea6k3Z3hDPaJwkdQTAgdTJ2pAwjX4hTR0pbzdh7f6JUBGL2 vHccfFSFrSPowegFITsntXEFLih8mDOpDW0jodHiojZwdZHVOu cwiy/aAoHuCXt/6HIc1zhzao6CT7QkhxxLA7eI9ijvTrKW7GodkeCOD/I SInMZMuYWGcZBChstBoe0tdPKj/a7461YMrvGonr964svZ0xOfN9wScWFotmUnQB4IK3kiOtNZVqt yJ6CSfFQW61VzEN7D/X4hY47N8ivtTimh3J6h4hR13VjmI7UgMNO3 qpFUYbs1Fzaly8Fy5VMDrp AkuH7XcuXJANcRkS49iR0Rme1cuQAgZv70oZsXLkAJI2JCdwXL khiNpzrjtUvyQ6yO9cuQAw2Ufa7v6qJ1GMiuXIAQ0zu OpRupjYlXIEI1gKXiQNoXLkwELowvFMeHanFcuSGMh/2vjtTS07Uq5NCIbh2pW0yVy5aA//Z

I'm surprised they can see through all that lettering!

G B Young
18-11-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm surprised they can see through all that lettering!

oops, pic seems to be to big to reproduce :rolleyes:

O'Rourke3
18-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Impressive that their new stand can be so expensive and so cheap at the same time.

Admittedly, from the right angle and in flattering light the curtain wall makes an ok mirror. From every other angle the shoddiness shines through.

It looks like it will last about 5 years.A bit like the old Internet game. ass or elbow?. All they've done is a add stone cladding like The Duckworths did all those tears ago in Corrie in a vain attempt to stand out.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

ehf
18-11-2017, 08:39 AM
I'm assuming it's a child who wrote this, but I still feel embarrassed for them.

He posts on here as Son of Haggart; usually quite sensible, assume he had a few too many last night.

SirDavidsNapper
18-11-2017, 08:44 AM

It is better than our East yes but only because our East is a bog standard stand. If they are comparing their main stand to our East stand then that says it all.

Velma Dinkley
18-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Will the fans have to wear hard hats?

Eaststand
18-11-2017, 08:47 AM

That's the game...slag off her brothers business, even though he's a good Hibby

GGTTH

TheGreenMan
18-11-2017, 08:53 AM

Ann Budge is a fanny she wears a workies hat
She hangs about construction sites in Uggs with steel toe caps
And when she built a new stand it had a big glass wall
But Hearts are still ***** on the park and gonna win **** all! HOOOOOOOF!

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 08:53 AM
That's the game...slag off her brothers business, even though he's a good Hibby

GGTTH

Just because her brother is a Hibby doesn’t mean folk can’t laugh at how much of a shambles this whole thing has been. After this I certainly wouldn’t hire him or his company, I’ve also got mates who are tradesmen and support Hibs but wouldn’t let them near my house.

Simple fact is, Budge and her brother along with the whole project have been a laughing stock and long may it continue.

Thecat23
18-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Will the fans have to wear hard hats?

Yes, those high balls dropping out the sky could end up hurting someone so it should be standard 😁

Eaststand
18-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Just because her brother is a Hibby doesn’t mean folk can’t laugh at how much of a shambles this whole thing has been. After this I certainly wouldn’t hire him or his company, I’ve also got mates who are tradesmen and support Hibs but wouldn’t let them near my house.

Simple fact is, Budge and her brother along with the whole project have been a laughing stock and long may it continue.

I've laughed as much as anyone at the saga over at the pink palace, and fwiw i agree that just cos he's Hibby doesn't exclude him or any other Hibby from any criticism, but do you know how involved in the rebuild budgies brothers business actually is ? Is he a major player in this project or just one of many businesses on site ? If you're not sure, is it fair to be calling a fellow Hibby's business 'tinpot' nah, that's just a daft cheap shot where i come from

GGTTH

cleanyman
18-11-2017, 09:06 AM
I haven't been really paying attention but hold on.

It still no done yet?

My God.

cleanyman
18-11-2017, 09:07 AM
And if tomorrow's game doesn't go ahead they should get whacked with a points deduction because this is a farce.

jacomo
18-11-2017, 09:08 AM
It is better than our East yes but only because our East is a bog standard stand. If they are comparing their main stand to our East stand then that says it all.

I refuse to accept it's better than our East.

Good architecture is all about purpose and context. Our East stand is perfectly fit for purpose (the majority were in favour of a single tier design) and fits its context very well.

The Yams can't even ensure all their seats have an unrestricted view :faf: and their pointlessly curved office block looks awful and ignores the past 40 years of progress in building design.

Basic basic basic.

green day
18-11-2017, 09:10 AM
A reminder, in case anyone missed Budges latest comical press release.........

With all these restrictions in mind, I really hope it passes the safety inspection by a bawhair so they get to see what £14m buys these days :lolyam:

"Returning again to the fact that this is still a “work-in-progress”, I want to stress that the building is, in large part, still a building site. As such, a number of points need to be noted, in order to set expectations and ensure supporter safety.

CockneyRebel
18-11-2017, 09:13 AM
I've laughed as much as anyone at the saga over at the pink palace, and fwiw i agree that just cos he's Hibby doesn't exclude him or any other Hibby from any criticism, but do you know how involved in the rebuild budgies brothers business actually is ? Is he a major player in this project or just one of many businesses on site ? If you're not sure, is it fair to be calling a fellow Hibby's business 'tinpot' nah, that's just a daft cheap shot where i come from

GGTTH

I wonder if cash flow (or lack of it) has contributed more to the fiasco than the builders themselves?