PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

CallumLaidlaw
16-11-2017, 11:03 AM
The biggest thing is still important to them then. Shame it isn't the biggest.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Well this is it. They are already reverting to "Edinburghs biggest football STAND" as its finally dawning on them that it won't be Edinburghs biggest football Stadium :greengrin

McSwanky
16-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Should be OK for Sunday by the look of it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJv8vAeXcAAlBih.jpg

The likeness is uncanny! :thumbsup:

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Well this is it. They are already reverting to "Edinburghs biggest football STAND" as its finally dawning on them that it won't be Edinburghs biggest football Stadium :greengrin

Is it bigger than our West?

Barney McGrew
16-11-2017, 11:16 AM

It probably isn't even the biggest, it will only have the largest capacity.

But then again, that's only because they've rammed in so many tiny seats.

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2017, 11:23 AM
"Another day closer to Edinburgh's biggest and best football stand opening"

Yes mate in Edinburgh's smallest and worst football stadium

Not only do they still 'not count the stands' they now seem to expect us to do the same.

Ronniekirk
16-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Couple of things:

For those who check in on kickback from time to time you'll have come across a poster called Thomaso ("by royal appointment to queen ann") who claims to be at the heart of the stand project, yet seems to have time to post updates what seems like every five minutes. Here's his latest:

Just back from a 'Breakfast talk-in' with Ann Budge in the Gorgie Suite.

She said that the Council from the top down are doing all they can to assist Hearts within the bounds of Health & Safety.

They had 6 Council Inspectors on site yesterday, and they are working with the Club to ensure there is safe access/egress for the fans. Areas and services are being signed off as they are completed and inspected on a rolling process. The Inspectors are in today and will be back tomorrow when it is hoped that late on a 'Temporary Completion Certificate' will be issued.

Anyone ever thought this guy is an 'Irvine Jambo' fantasist? If you take the time to scrutinise his posts you realise there's rarely, if anything, in them that folk couldn't work out for themselves.

Secondly, based on this pic taken today I find it hard to believe safety inspectors would even consider signing any sort of safety certificate before the weekend:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/23559899_10160167104050354_9070141105442290952_n.t humb.jpg.12dea3a31b7c50ec79d73113a87d5a2a.jpg

It will be temporary with a disclaimer making sure those that enter do so at their own risk
Six inspectors on site signing things off as they go along Man what waste of resource They really are having to pull out all the Stops
I notice they are saying get it all signed off by tomorrow late on Clearly font want to have to pay Staff Overtime Hearts probably said they couldn't foot the Bill and Taxpayers apart from Hearts fans ,would not be happy in these times of Austerity and Budget Cuts to hear of Council resources being used in this lavish way just because they couldn't get their Act together before now
Things will be so rushed corners are bound to be cut to try and meet this new deadline you would think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Boasting about having the biggest stand while having the smallest stadium is straw clutching of the highest order.

Peevemor
16-11-2017, 11:33 AM

The West seats about 6,400, so their new stand will probably have about 500 more seats.

lord bunberry
16-11-2017, 11:34 AM
The West seats about 6,400, so their new stand will probably have about 500 more seats.
I’ve just had to kill myself :greengrin

Hibs4185
16-11-2017, 11:37 AM
There were a couple of people on here yesterday telling us about how long they have to wait for building projects to be inspected by the Cooncil. Bet they - and other developers in a similar position - are totally impressed that SIX inspectors can be on site to clear work as it finishes. And presumably will be back today and tomorrow, as well.

Yeah it was me mentioning this yesterday. Continually I was told you're 3rd in line. 2 months later we were still 3rd in line. The officer said he was continually pulled off his workload to help with different sections. When I kicked a bit of a stink, he just said there was nothing he could do unless word came from higher up that I was to be prioritised. That's why I went to my councillor.

Wonder how how many of the bosses meet budgey at business events etc and likely half of them are jambos. Doesn't surprise me at all that those higher up are bending over backwards for them. Kick in the balls for the rest of us

Mango Man
16-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Hahaha, good find, that's spot on!!

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Peevemor
16-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Less width and legroom, that's for sure.

Ozymandias
16-11-2017, 11:44 AM
The ultimate 'Needle in a hay-stack' conundrum - spotting a 'Jambo Fantasist' over on 'Throw-back' !

More accurately looking for a needle in a needle stack

mutley
16-11-2017, 11:49 AM

HEY STOP KNOCKING IT!! This is the largest Glass Curtain Wall of any Scotmid store I'll have you know.

CallumLaidlaw

It's apparently just over 7k. No one really knows tho :greengrin

hibby6270
Another quote from the delusionally deluded on Kickback.

Kiwidoug shows that the stand doesn’t really matter but their obsession with getting one over on us is all that counts.

“Just to add to Maroonblood, one day soon in front of a packed stadium including that fabulous new stand, we will be treating Hibernian to a thrashing. Once again in fact, that will become a regular event.
That is what this is all about. Anne Budge understands it and most of the people on here understand it.”

I don’t think he/she is alone in fantasising about this Jambo obsession.

Dan Sarf
16-11-2017, 11:50 AM

I see they're holding a sale already :greengrin

lord bunberry
16-11-2017, 11:54 AM

That’s uncannily like it.

Waxy
16-11-2017, 12:02 PM

I really thought that was the stand.

Keith_M
16-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Have they still no finished the damn thing?

How difficult can it be? There's an almost identical stand directly opposite, so it's not like they don't have experience.

jacomo
16-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Kiwidoug shows that the stand doesn’t really matter but their obsession with getting one over on us is all that counts.

“Just to add to Maroonblood, one day soon in front of a packed stadium including that fabulous new stand, we will be treating Hibernian to a thrashing. Once again in fact, that will become a regular event.
That is what this is all about. Anne Budge understands it and most of the people on here understand it.”

Mocking these morons is just so easy, but yet again...

Inadvertent confirmation that these cretins are always measuring themselves against us.

WillowbraeHibby
16-11-2017, 12:25 PM
"Brings a tear to my eye, an amazing achievement"... What are that lot like... Ye would think it was the great Pyramid o' Giza.. Aye, you've got a pretty basic new stand, but yer team are hoaching... :greengrin

majorhibs
16-11-2017, 12:29 PM
That's because the yams were far too soft on Germany at Versailles, and didn't insist on English being the required language throughout Europe. If things had gone the other way, we'd be speaking Doitch all right!

Yep. But that was the only 1 time, mind!

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2017, 12:32 PM
If it was called Tynecastle Park in 1914, which it was, then out of respect for the fallen everyone should still call it that. Would you rather be speaking German?

Never mind German .... that looks like the signage you would see in one of those wild west theme parks where they recreate gunfights and folk dress up like Wyatt Earp :greengrin

G B Young
16-11-2017, 12:34 PM
He works for Henshaws who installed the curtain wall (he may even be the MD). I've no idea why he appears to be on site so often.

Indeed. If he's the MD, you'd assume his company would have other projects that required some input from him. He comes across as a starry-eyed yam who won a competition to install himself on site, follow queen ann around all day and spread glad tidings among her subjects at regular intervals throughout the day. From what he claims, those working on site are a merry bunch of Hearts-minded folk prepared to work all hours, do the job on the cheap and have their heroic efforts against the odds lauded by all.

leither17
16-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Funnily enough that is now a Tesco

GordonHFC
16-11-2017, 12:38 PM

Look ........... A big pink bus shelter with a mini pink bus shelter just outside. Cute

Iain G
16-11-2017, 12:38 PM

KiwiDoug isn't in New Zealand and probably isn't even called Doug.

What we have agreed on though is he is a fantasist jambo tw@t :greengrin

Why does having this new budget stand suddenly mean they will give us a thrashing? Was the old stand the problem?!? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 12:41 PM

I don’t think he/she is alone in fantasising about this Jambo obsession.He knows this how? Is it because he's doug the Kiwi?

--------
16-11-2017, 12:42 PM

I believe Tottenham Hotspur are considering scrapping the work already done at WHL and restarting the work as a replica of the Ann Budge Vomitorium and Piazza.

FIFA are raging that the stadia for next year's World Cup are so dreadfully inferior to the ABVAP, and Budgie has been nominated for next year's RIBA Royal Gold Medal (from now on to be known as the Budgie Badge), the Thomas jefferson Medal in Architecture (to be known as the Potter Prize), and the International Union of Architects Gold Medal (to be known in future as the Gorgie Gong).

She is also in line to become the first female Pope, the next Dalry Lama, and is now first in line to succeed HM Betty of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha as Heid Honcho of the Addams Family.

Real Emerald
16-11-2017, 12:43 PM

To the tune of “I am a music man”

I am a builder man I tried to build a stand.
What did you build?

I built a Scotmid 😂

hibby6270
16-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Why does having this new budget stand suddenly mean they will give us a thrashing? Was the old stand the problem?!? :greengrin

Aye. Can’t get my head round how a new stand will suddenly make a team full of mediocre (at best) players a team of world beaters. :confused::confused:

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Aye. Can’t get my head round how a new stand will suddenly make a team full of mediocre (at best) players a team of world beaters. :confused::confused:

The boy describes the stand as world class I think he may have a screw loose.

--------
16-11-2017, 12:54 PM
The boy describes the stand as world class I think he may have a screw loose.

The way they're rushing things now, so has the new stand, I bet! :greengrin

G B Young
16-11-2017, 12:54 PM
This from the Evening News editor (sorry if already posted). Nauseating, fawning nonsense which could have come straight from the keyboard of allisbarry. Basically confirms that the paper have accepted a role as the club's official, unpaid, mouthpiece:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/comment-ambition-is-what-builds-stadiums-1-4613923

And they're building a single stand, not a 'stadium'.

Cabbage East
16-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Funnily enough that is now a Tesco

Where is that?

KeithTheHibby
16-11-2017, 12:56 PM
May have been mentioned before however how many tickets are they selling for the game on Saturday?
Is the whole new stand available to buy a seat?
Can only assume it's nowhere near a sell-out otherwise mouthpieces like Banderson would be going on about it.

hibby6270
16-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Where is that?

Great Junction Street - top of Bonnington Road.

HoboHarry
16-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Have they still no finished the damn thing?

How difficult can it be? There's an almost identical stand directly opposite, so it's not like they don't have experience.
You may be on to something there. If they aren't going to be finished on time they could use one of those cherry pickers that are permanently built into the ground to install a gigantic mirror in front of the new stand. Should be good enough to fool those half-wits.......

KeithTheHibby
16-11-2017, 01:01 PM
This from the Evening News editor (sorry if already posted). Nauseating, fawning nonsense which could have come straight from the keyboard of allisbarry. Basically confirms that the paper have accepted a role as the club's official, unpaid, mouthpiece:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/comment-ambition-is-what-builds-stadiums-1-4613923

And they're building a single stand, not a 'stadium'.

What a load of *****. If this was such a momentous day for them the sold out signs would have went up weeks ago.
I cannot for the life of me think of another time when a clubs new stand has received such bull**** press.

Crazyhorse
16-11-2017, 01:08 PM
KiwiDoug isn't in New Zealand and probably isn't even called Doug.

What we have agreed on though is he is a fantasist jambo tw@t :greengrin

He sounds like a sad sack of *****. Mentioning him on here probably gives his life some meaning for a fleeting moment...

IWasThere2016
16-11-2017, 01:10 PM
The ScotMid and the new stand at The DumboDome look like they were separated at birth :faf:

#samesame

Sioux
16-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Thomasosad writes;

"2 cherry pickers are parked on the touchline. They may need to be partly dismantled to get them through the access tunnel - not a big issue. "

Ah so it was planned that way. I bet you see plant and machinery having to be partly dismantled on every building site in every part of the UK on a fairly regular basis. Not!

They've ***ked up again. Some dafty forgot they were there. This is what he should have said. He's such a 'look at me, look at me,' 'I've been places' fan eh

Jack Hackett
16-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Thomasosad writes;

"2 cherry pickers are parked on the touchline. They may need to be partly dismantled to get them through the access tunnel - not a big issue. "

Ah so it was planned that way. I bet you see plant and machinery having to be partly dismantled on every building site in every part of the UK on a fairly regular basis. Not!

They've ***ked up again. Some dafty forgot they were there. This is what he should have said. He's such a 'look at me, look at me,' 'I've been places' fan eh

:agree:

It's not what you know, it's who you claim to know

Deansy
16-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah it was me mentioning this yesterday. Continually I was told you're 3rd in line. 2 months later we were still 3rd in line. The officer said he was continually pulled off his workload to help with different sections. When I kicked a bit of a stink, he just said there was nothing he could do unless word came from higher up that I was to be prioritised. That's why I went to my councillor.

Wonder how how many of the bosses meet budgey at business events etc and likely half of them are jambos. Doesn't surprise me at all that those higher up are bending over backwards for them. Kick in the balls for the rest of us

Woudn't it be lovely if everyone that's waiting/held-up because of the council, all get together and make a combined-demand for an explanation as to why one particular business gets preferential treatment ??

MrSmith
16-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Thomasosad writes;

To be fair, I'd expected them to disassemble Johnny 5 before removing ;)

Green Blood
16-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Looks like their first home game at Tincastle won't be a sell out! Very surprised given the Glass curtain and the chips on offer! Big club my erse!

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 01:35 PM

It's not what you know, it's who you claim to knowElvis told him.

Doug the Kiwi is seething because he thought he was Elvis's best mate. He told his mum Elvis was coming round after school.

GloryGlory
16-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Woudn't it be lovely if everyone that's waiting/held-up because of the council, all get together and make a combined-demand for an explanation as to why one particular business gets preferential treatment ??

There is a public services ombudsman:

https://www.spso.org.uk/

If anyone felt like complaining about preferential treatment! :greengrin

Crazyhorse
16-11-2017, 01:50 PM
May have been mentioned before however how many tickets are they selling for the game on Saturday?
Is the whole new stand available to buy a seat?
Can only assume it's nowhere near a sell-out otherwise mouthpieces like Banderson would be going on about it.

Yeah I expected talk of a 20k sell out to be announced by Pravda Barry and then the official attendance of circa 18,300 being slipped out as quietly as possible.

greenpaper55
16-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Ha Ha

Nothing to worry about. We’re currently digging a tunnel to get the trapped crane out
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/69C1E601-0570-41F2-947F-2941A4ECD520.thumb.jpeg.705dd1fc5fc543edb28c717286 a99fe5.jpeg (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/69C1E601-0570-41F2-947F-2941A4ECD520.jpeg.56883bf27aa7f051ac4a204cccf5ce2b .jpeg)

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Yeah I expected talk of a 20k sell out to be announced by Pravda Barry and then the official attendance of circa 18,300 being slipped out as quietly as possible.

To be fair that would be an outstanding attendance and a huge shot in the arm for that side of the city. They aren't used to crowds that size down Gorgie way.

WhileTheChief..
16-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Petitions and letter writing to all and sundry eh!!

Man, we really need the football back. Folk on here are going insane without it!!

seanshow
16-11-2017, 02:06 PM
lol
Well said :)

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Delusion

Hiber-nation
16-11-2017, 02:15 PM
To be fair that would be an outstanding attendance and a huge shot in the arm for that side of the city. They aren't used to crowds that size down Gorgie way.

Really?!??

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Wow. Stunning.

Baader
16-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Kiwidoug. That guy is a complete and utter idiot. I mind him saying something about Andy Murray being no very good at tennis. 3 slams and 2 Olympic golds...

Thankfully the deluded buffoon is about as far away from us as you can be.

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Really?!??For them yes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jacomo
16-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Ha Ha

Nothing to worry about. We’re currently digging a tunnel to get the trapped crane out
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/69C1E601-0570-41F2-947F-2941A4ECD520.thumb.jpeg.705dd1fc5fc543edb28c717286 a99fe5.jpeg (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/69C1E601-0570-41F2-947F-2941A4ECD520.jpeg.56883bf27aa7f051ac4a204cccf5ce2b .jpeg)

Just what you need when you are working night and day to an impending deadline and need a safety certificate for the site.

Mind you don't undermine the foundations now, you rank amateurs.

Iain G
16-11-2017, 02:23 PM
He sounds like a sad sack of *****. Mentioning him on here probably gives his life some meaning for a fleeting moment...

He has had the special Graham Rix Easy Wipe Clean monitor installed for just such occasions, and you now there is wee backlit Hertz badge stuck to it, just like on their new megastand, and one of those solar powered waving queen figures with Ann Budge's face stuck on top of poor Liz...

Iain G
16-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Kiwidoug. That guy is a complete and utter idiot. I mind him saying something about Andy Murray being no very good at tennis. 3 slams and 2 Olympic golds...

Thankfully the deluded buffoon is about as far away from us as you can be.

You know he probably lives with his Mum in Dalry? :agree:

JeMeSouviens
16-11-2017, 02:26 PM

Tesco's in there now with boring old non-curtain brick walls. :rolleyes:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.9730812,-3.1759522,3a,75y,77.62h,94.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIK-gG3FhnqEcyfsxsiRXNw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

SouthMoroccoStu
16-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Far less than what they'll announce at the stadium once they actually play a game there...

McSwanky
16-11-2017, 02:38 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.9730812,-3.1759522,3a,75y,77.62h,94.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIK-gG3FhnqEcyfsxsiRXNw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Shocked that was allowed by the planning department - surely we should be preserving such iconic and world-class architecture instead of letting large conglomerates come along and deface it beyond recognition?

Geo_1875
16-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Ha Ha

How the hell are they getting a certificate for the Roseburn stand?

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Ha Ha

The Farce continues, hilarious, way better than any Panto that's on offer.

Kato
16-11-2017, 03:10 PM
As a matter of comparison:

While Hibs have been reluctant to name a target date for completion of the one-tier structure which will match the height of the three existing stands, when they announced their decision to go-ahead with the final phase of the redevelopment of Easter Road, it was stated they expected the work to be finished early next season. It is understood Hibs have asked the SPL that at least their first home match of next season be played away from home but a similar request as the West Stand neared completion resulted in a visit from Kilmarnock on the opening day.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/new_stadium_rapidly_taking_shape_as_hibs_ensure_co nstructioni_kept_to_schedule_1_1237498

mjhibby
16-11-2017, 03:22 PM
To be fair, I'd expected them to disassemble Johnny 5 before removing ;)

No disassemble, no disassemble. Such a good film. Whose Johnny she said. Sorry thread is dull so got sidetracked. What the office block isn't finished yet. Quel surprise.

Juice-Terry
16-11-2017, 03:27 PM

While Hibs have been reluctant to name a target date for completion of the one-tier structure which will match the height of the three existing stands, when they announced their decision to go-ahead with the final phase of the redevelopment of Easter Road, it was stated they expected the work to be finished early next season. It is understood Hibs have asked the SPL that at least their first home match of next season be played away from home but a similar request as the West Stand neared completion resulted in a visit from Kilmarnock on the opening day.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/new_stadium_rapidly_taking_shape_as_hibs_ensure_co nstructioni_kept_to_schedule_1_1237498

Mental.

mjhibby
16-11-2017, 03:30 PM

They really are totally bonkers and are way beyond obsession. Congalves said we're only ten points clear as we have played more home games than them forgetting we are unbeaten away from home and our home record isn't as good and berra pipes up to say we've a settled team forgetting we were down to 15 fit first teamers after the dundee game. The jambo at my work were full of themselves before the Derby but not a peep since. They just don't get that they have lived beyond their means for decades. Oh and they just need a couple of creative players to be challenging for second and that from a very sane jambo. They are funny on one level but totally creepy and deranged on another.

Kato
16-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Mental.

Makes perfect sense to me, just as all the obstacles the EC have put in front of Hibs over the 25 years make sense too.

Peevemor
16-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Ha Ha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2017, 03:40 PM
“Oh hokey-cokey-cokey-cokey....”

BSEJVT
16-11-2017, 03:42 PM
I spoke with one today, he isn't a bad guy but they are all like devotees of a mystic religion in that they all believe all they are told unequivocally and have identical thought paths.

"Once the stand is completed and we can turn our attention back to matters on the park, we will be fine and easily challenging for 2nd"

It is utterly pointless debating the issue with them, its not even "I am hoping" or "I would like to think" it is a statement of fact, without any thought it could be different.

I really hope we can keep on doing them and that one day the penny will drop when they have run out of excuses.

I doubt it though they have been fabricating reasons for their supposed superiority since the Mercer days and fantasists like them always find a way to rationalise failure.

G B Young
16-11-2017, 03:48 PM

There's been plenty of flak to throw at Petrie over the years, but when you re-read that and realise how 'textbook' and streamlined our whole stadium transformation was I'd say that he, Farmer and the boards of the time deserve credit for that. It really highlights Hearts' ongoing fiasco as the epitome of how NOT to do it.

I didn't actually remember our request for ONE away fixture being turned down, but when you see how Hearts had their requests to play so many games away from home waived through it does make you wonder.

And when it comes to favourable treatment from the council, did the Lochend Butterfy documents ever get released??
http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs-owner-in-demand-for-answers-to-land-sale-1-1337248

CyberSauzee
16-11-2017, 03:59 PM
They really are totally bonkers and are way beyond obsession. Congalves said we're only ten points clear as we have played more home games than them forgetting we are unbeaten away from home and our home record isn't as good and berra pipes up to say we've a settled team forgetting we were down to 15 fit first teamers after the dundee game. The jambo at my work were full of themselves before the Derby but not a peep since. They just don't get that they have lived beyond their means for decades. Oh and they just need a couple of creative players to be challenging for second and that from a very sane jambo. They are funny on one level but totally creepy and deranged on another.

I spoke with one today, he isn't a bad guy but they are all like devotees of a mystic religion in that they all believe all they are told unequivocally and have identical thought paths.

"Once the stand is completed and we can turn our attention back to matters on the park, we will be fine and easily challenging for 2nd"

It is utterly pointless debating the issue with them, its not even "I am hoping" or "I would like to think" it is a statement of fact, without any thought it could be different.

I really hope we can keep on doing them and that one day the penny will drop when they have run out of excuses.

I doubt it though they have been fabricating reasons for their supposed superiority since the Mercer days and fantasists like them always find a way to rationalise failure.

The stand/Budgie's Cludgie will get opened soon enough.

The reality will soon sink in though:

Unfinished 'industrial' interior with care home pink colouring throughout.

Well over budget (£3M+?) with Queen Anne charging them exorbitant interest.

If you're spending most of the income paying off £15M+ of building costs there's next to no cash to invest in the side. Years and years of mediocrity to follow.

G B Young
16-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Ha Ha

If Budge hadn't let this whole shambles go to her head she should be taking one look at that mess and thinking "We're a couple of days away from needing to have this supposedly showpiece stand fit for matchday and I'm looking at a pile of churned up muck. Time to put a halt to this madness, take another financial hit but get the thing right. Game's off."

From the pic below it's clear the rush for completion means there's no time think about giving the filthy lamposts outside even a cursory scrub down. Not Hearts' remit I know, but it sure lowers the tone.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/23559621_10160167104065354_7634565048732309746_n.t humb.jpg.440b759f6fd4c54366abbe0133ce4c1e.jpg

Souter96Mac
16-11-2017, 04:18 PM
By the looks of it, it will need a monumental effort in the next couple of days.

Anti-hoofbaw
16-11-2017, 04:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171115/01f86cc27557a482bbe9d126337e728b.jpg
About an hour ago. Still not finished the roof.

Jesus Christ!!! That design is truly and utterly absolutely honking.

mutley
16-11-2017, 04:37 PM

This was on their new stand thread, at least one of them has a sense of humour ( or was it one of us??)

Jack Hackett
16-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Still banging the drum at the EEN

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/building-inspectors-due-at-hearts-for-further-stand-inspection-1-4615421

Last paragraph

"The whole project – which is likely to run over the initial £12million (They've already said it will, £2m in August, probably a lot more now) budget and includes state-of-the-art dressing rooms (It's called a peg Malaury, much better than the floor), media facilities (don't forget to bring your umbrellas), hospitality suites (facing away from the pitch, but you'll catch the hoofs as they come over the roof), a Skyline restaurant (that means 'top floor' if you're normal) and a piazza area outside (again, for normal people, a square) – is not due for completion until summer 2018 (if you're very, very lucky and keep filling the cow), when the new main stand will be fully operational on every level. It is due to increase Tynecastle’s capacity to more than 20,000 people (Aye! Right! :faf:).

Baader
16-11-2017, 04:47 PM
By the looks of it, it will need a monumental effort in the next couple of days.

Its like Challenge Ann(eka).

Famous Fiver
16-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Jack

You're the man:not worth:not worth:not worth

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Ha Ha

I thought this was supposed to be a joke ....... they aren't actually literally having to dig a hole to get the machinery out .... surely? :confused:

Jack Hackett
16-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Jack

You're the man:not worth:not worth:not worth

Edinburgh Evening News... The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

GreenCastle
16-11-2017, 04:55 PM
I had a Hibs friend at the stadium today - some business meeting in the Gorgie suite.

Anyway said Locke spoke better than Budge and they do expect the stand to be ready for Sunday. It’s far from finished and they will have the minimum open as they don’t have a plan B except postponing game which could be costly for several reasons.

The hilarious thing about all of this is how they have managed to spend so much on it? If I was a fan of the pink team I would be asking serious questions why so much.

The project management has been a mess from the start and the statements a shambles also.

Gmack7
the costs will be going through the roof.theyre throwing money at companies for overtime and many are are working night shift aswell

Arch Stanton

Giving them a couple of days is generous - if they are not down to a few minor snagging details by Saturday afternoon then I don't see how they can possibly get the go-ahead.

Surely they have to demonstrate that the stand can be evacuated in an orderly way - going through a muddy building site hardly qualifies in my book.

Mind you, for forms sake they will probably wait till Sunday morning and blame red-tape for the call-off.

TrinityHibs
16-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Wonder if the state of the art ticket readers have been tested in the shed beside the hole.

Free the Gorgie 2

HibbyAndy
16-11-2017, 05:33 PM
You just ken for a fact they are going to claim the capacity is bigger than Easter rd when it's evident it's not.

Aldo
16-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Giving them a couple of days is generous - if they are not down to a few minor snagging details by Saturday afternoon then I don't see how they can possibly get the go-ahead. Surely they have to demonstrate that the stand can be evacuated in an orderly way - going through a muddy building site hardly qualifies in my book. Mind you, for forms sake they will probably wait till Sunday morning and blame red-tape for the call-off.

Saturday... Nope not for me. 5pm Friday.

All this uncertainty is not fair on PT and more importantly their fans.

So much for the 'everything will be done bar the seats' statement. LIES all LIES

Famous Fiver
16-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Has it ever been done before?

Has a cherry picker ever been buried in two days?

Another first for our Gorgie chums?

Aldo
You just ken for a fact they are going to claim the capacity is bigger than Easter rd when it's evident it's not.

Without a shadow of a doubt HA!

1van Sprou7e
How much was our new East stand again? £6m?

I know that was 7 or 8 years ago and the East isn't our main stand so it would naturally be much cheaper, but ****ing hell £14m+???

How have they even managed to waste so much money

Aldo
16-11-2017, 05:39 PM
How much was our new East stand again? £6m? I know that was 7 or 8 years ago and the East isn't our main stand so it would naturally be much cheaper, but ****ing hell £14m+??? How have they even managed to waste so much money

Some I know are comparing our single tier east to their new Megastand! Stating that we have the basic of basic facilities/amenities in that stand.

I pointed out that this is NOT, I repeat, NOT our main stand and that ours is opposite the east, is double tiered and has all the necessary facilities... Lounges/restaurants etc. Aye but you don't have an escalator or a piazza. I couldn't stop laughing!

Hibbyradge
16-11-2017, 05:41 PM

I know that was 7 or 8 years ago and the East isn't our main stand so it would naturally be much cheaper, but ****ing hell £14m+???

£3.5m

mca
16-11-2017, 05:41 PM
the costs will be going through the roof.theyre throwing money at companies for overtime and many are are working night shift aswell

Fingers Crossed they don't get the safety then... Hope it costs them Huge...

G B Young
16-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Still banging the drum at the EEN

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/building-inspectors-due-at-hearts-for-further-stand-inspection-1-4615421

Last paragraph

"The whole project – which is likely to run over the initial £12million (They've already said it will, £2m in August, probably a lot more now) budget and includes state-of-the-art dressing rooms (It's called a peg Malaury, much better than the floor), media facilities (don't forget to bring your umbrellas), hospitality suites (facing away from the pitch, but you'll catch the hoofs as they come over the roof), a Skyline restaurant (that means 'top floor' if you're normal) and a piazza area outside (again, for normal people, a square) – is not due for completion until summer 2018 (if you're very, very lucky and keep filling the cow), when the new main stand will be fully operational on every level. It is due to increase Tynecastle’s capacity to more than 20,000 people (Aye! Right! :faf:).

Pretty sure that reporter is actually a Hibs fan. I know someone who used to work with him. And if you read the piece again, the first few paragraphs could be interpreted as having a subtle dig at the shambolic nature of the project. Also, that's the first time I've seen ANY mention of running over the £12m budget in the Evening News. The 20k reference is also to when the stand is eventually (supposedly) completed next summer and they can start including all sorts of other areas in the alleged 20k+ capacity.

calumhibee1
16-11-2017, 06:07 PM

I want to say our East was £3m?

mjhibby
16-11-2017, 06:11 PM

So true. When they went ahead of us in the league for a few days it was the normal order resumed, then it was that they would beat rangers and Killie and now normal service will resume now, sometime, they will be at the pbs. If Potter doesn't win most of the home games then they will have to find another reason for failure then they will turn on budge and Potter. I really don't care what they do as long as we are top six and in and around third and forth. They just don't get most of us dont give a toss about them apart from the derbies. It's the glaring difference between the two supports.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2017, 06:15 PM
£3.5m

Price of steel was at a low level due to recession & over production in China (which it didn’t need) iirc.

Opportunistic master stroke by Le Tache.

Springbank
16-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Fingers Crossed they don't get the safety then... Hope it costs them Huge...

If hearts have to forfeit the fixture 0-3 those lost points and the minus three goal difference could just be the difference that relegates Levein's Losers in May...

Deansy
16-11-2017, 06:33 PM
So true. When they went ahead of us in the league for a few days it was the normal order resumed, then it was that they would beat rangers and Killie and now normal service will resume now, sometime, they will be at the pbs. If Potter doesn't win most of the home games then they will have to find another reason for failure then they will turn on budge and Potter. I really don't care what they do as long as we are top six and in and around third and forth. They just don't get most of us dont give a toss about them apart from the derbies. It's the glaring difference between the two supports.

Agreed - I just wasn't brought up to take them seriously, same as all my other Hibs-suppporting mates !. As far as I'm concerned, the 'Ugly Sisters' have always been our main rivals/challenge - I admit my loathing of Hearts has increased but that's solely down to their cheating and artificially/immorally affecting the derby-record while they hilariously tried to to pass themselves off as a 'Big team' but always with 'Other People's Money' !.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Agreed - I just wasn't brought up to take them seriously, same as all my other Hibs-suppporting mates !. As far as I'm concerned, the 'Ugly Sisters' have always been our main rivals/challenge - I admit my loathing of Hearts has increased but that's solely down to their cheating and artificially/immorally affecting the derby-record while they hilariously tried to to pass themselves off as a 'Big team' but always with 'Other People's Money' !.A man after my own heart[emoji106]

Joe6-2
16-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I’ve just had to kill myself :greengrin

We need smaller seats!!!!!

Joe6-2
16-11-2017, 06:53 PM

What did you build?

I built a Scotmid 😂
I honestly can’t stop laughing

Joe6-2
16-11-2017, 07:01 PM

That looks a hundred times better than their new super duper stand

1van Sprou7e
16-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Agreed - I just wasn't brought up to take them seriously, same as all my other Hibs-suppporting mates !. As far as I'm concerned, the 'Ugly Sisters' have always been our main rivals/challenge - I admit my loathing of Hearts has increased but that's solely down to their cheating and artificially/immorally affecting the derby-record while they hilariously tried to to pass themselves off as a 'Big team' but always with 'Other People's Money' !.

Christ

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the irony here

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2017, 07:21 PM

If I end up in a conversation with one of them I usually just agree with them in the most condescending manner I can muster, it ends the conversation quicker!

16-11-2017, 07:56 PM
The stand could have been finished ages ago if the Jambo workers had spent more time working and less time taking photos/videos and posting on social media.

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 08:23 PM
If I end up in a conversation with one of them I usually just agree with them in the most condescending manner I can muster, it ends the conversation quicker!

I work in an environment nobody is interested in Scottish football in fact football apart from a couple of African guys I took to Easter Road and I socialise with no jambos ever. Every single friend I have who I share interests with or just banter with doesn't like hearts and that's not done consciously it's just happened and delighted I could not be more.

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 08:26 PM
The stand could have been finished ages ago if the Jambo workers had spent more time working and less time taking photos/videos and posting on social media.

No it couldn't it has been done on time and the excuses made where to rip the fans off through season tickets and rip the spfl off asking for a couple of fixture changes then Murrayfield then postponed matches.

It's all been calculated from the start and fair do's they have made money and gotten away with it. Budge has played a blinder and behind all the laughs at delays that probably weren't even delays that club have gained a lot again.

Orourke73
16-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Christ

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the irony here

No you're not.
As yamesque a statement as I've read on here.
Deary me.

GreenCastle
16-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Just looked at a picture of the players lounge..

Someone please post it - looks like something out the 80s.

Just what are they spending money on ??

hibby6270
16-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Deary, deary me!!
Is that brieze blocks I see being used to build walls at the all new super duper Tinycastle.
Heaven forbid!! They’ll be black affronted in the Sky Lounge that they’ve even contemplated copying the ER building design.

RoYO!
16-11-2017, 08:39 PM
No it couldn't it has been done on time and the excuses made where to rip the fans off through season tickets and rip the spfl off asking for a couple of fixture changes then Murrayfield then postponed matches.

It's all been calculated from the start and fair do's they have made money and gotten away with it. Budge has played a blinder and behind all the laughs at delays that probably weren't even delays that club have gained a lot again.

Em.. apart from the fact it is millions over budget and that for every week and month of work will be thousands in wages.

Budge plays a blinder...

Ronniekirk
16-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Just looked at a picture of the players lounge..

Someone please post it - looks like something out the 80s.

Just what are they spending money on ??

You have to pay top dollar these days for a Retro Look

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Tweet from St Bernards tonight.

Guys unfortunately we have employed the same builders as Hearts and our new stand won't be completed until the 2037/38 season.Chips will be served though. :greengrin

Tynie01011973
16-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Guys unfortunately we have employed the same builders as Hearts and our new stand won't be completed until the 2037/38 season.Chips will be served though. :greengrin
😂👌

The_Exile
16-11-2017, 09:12 PM
As the great Dolly Parton once said........

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap"

Space cadets the lot of them. Hope they suffer for decades.

Tynie01011973
16-11-2017, 09:21 PM
So we built a Single Tier "Breeze Block"Stand for £3.5m on time\within budget and the Hertz build the same for £14+m 3 months late ?
🤣🤣🤣

bawheid
16-11-2017, 09:30 PM
So we built a Single Tier "Breeze Block"Stand for £3.5m on time\within budget and the Hertz build the same for £14+m 3 months late ?
🤣🤣🤣

Think I read it’s got a Scotmid built in though, so their stand just shades it IMO.

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Em.. apart from the fact it is millions over budget and that for every week and month of work will be thousands in wages.

Budge plays a blinder...

All wages will be paid using season ticket money and 15,000 sheep and Huns at Murrayfield.

If Budge told the truth at the start there would have been no block of away games first, no swaps and no Murrayfield when they fancied it.

They are conning ****s. Don't believe it your opinion but in mines the whole thing stinks. Over budget or not they have ripped the arse out the whole league. Patrick are still saying nothing having had their first match swapped and lost hospitality playing at a later time to avoid the old firm ****. Is any media picking up on this? No. Mental.

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Budge plays a blinder...

Oh and by the way, they are millions over budget and should be even more if they done the correct thing and played under 3 stands at their dump instead of lying then making money through their cosy deal with the sru.

YehButNoBut
16-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Looks about ready from this pic, still need to get that crane out though.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23722262_1525516450871998_7489750969653805513_n.jp g?oh=fc173bbe5b409573e5180e85bb304291&oe=5AAA78C0

tamig
16-11-2017, 10:10 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23722262_1525516450871998_7489750969653805513_n.jp g?oh=fc173bbe5b409573e5180e85bb304291&oe=5AAA78C0
That looks even tighter against the pitch than the old stand. They’ve still got a fair bit of work to do right along the front of it.

allezsauzee
16-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Where is the hotel?

macca70
16-11-2017, 10:21 PM

That is a shocker of a Main stand, we have all that comfy black seating for directors/hospitality but this just looks like our east stand, not even as good as our East stand

Just 6 entrances/exits, and they look narrow, is that not going to take ages to get out?

jacomo
16-11-2017, 10:27 PM

No one has contractors working night shifts if they can avoid it.

They have f***ed up Big Time.

Sammy7nil
16-11-2017, 10:44 PM

You almost sound like a Jambo. Our rivals are all the teams we play against. Proved by our recent relegation.

Sammy7nil
16-11-2017, 10:46 PM
That is a shocker of a Main stand, we have all that comfy black seating for directors/hospitality but this just looks like our east stand, not even as good as our East stand

Just 6 entrances/exits, and they look narrow, is that not going to take ages to get out?

The stand looks fine.

weecounty hibby
16-11-2017, 10:49 PM
The stand looks fine.

Indeed it does look ok. But we were all promised the 8th wonder of the world. And that it certainly ain't. From top to bottom completely delusional fuds every mother****ing last one of them!!!!

Criswell
16-11-2017, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=macca70;5221482]That is a shocker of a Main stand, we have all that comfy black seating for directors/hospitality but this just looks like our east stand, not even as good as our East stand

It is a decent enough stand but for a "Main Stand" it is somewhat lacking in character with little to differentiate it from the other stands, or indeed from our admittedly budget East Stand. The design brief appears to have been: "pack as many seats into it as is physically possible". The decision to place the press area just above the dugouts seems bizarre.

lapsedhibee
16-11-2017, 10:58 PM
The stand looks fine.

Drove in and out of the potholes and past multiple white vans double-parked on McLeod St today and have to report that there is an angle at which sunlight bounces off the glass wall thing in an effective, sunlighty sort of a way. The wall has a pronounced curve, perhaps sufficient that next year it can collect summer sunlight and focus it on the (by then) much-gobbed on monoblock crest. Would boiled spittle go with chips, d'ye think? :dunno:

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 11:05 PM
No one has contractors working night shifts if they can avoid it.

They have f***ed up Big Time.

For one match now they can't use Murrayfield maybe. The rest, I don't trust them one bit.

Work round the clock for the match they can't swap or use the rugby ground and come out as heros? In my opinion this was the match they aimed for from the beginning maybe Killie. Now they have nowhere to go and no choice to work the hours they are doing.

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 11:06 PM
The stand looks fine.

It's a fantastic basic stand.

NAE NOOKIE
16-11-2017, 11:06 PM

Do the fans have to rip the plastic off the seats themselves, or will the club do it for them?

lapsedhibee
16-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Do the fans have to rip the plastic off the seats themselves, or will the club do it for them?

If it's the former, Drs Budge has missed a trick. Club could have sold them to the simple fans as souvenirs from one of the great days in its history.

truehibernian
16-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Depends how hot and greasy these chips they're serving are mate :greengrin maybe that's why they're keeping it on. They are a bunch of slavers after all :aok:

Baader
16-11-2017, 11:19 PM
It's a fantastic basic stand.

Like our East but not as good. But this is supposed to be their main stand. Poor effort.

monktonharp
16-11-2017, 11:23 PM
I believe Tottenham Hotspur are considering scrapping the work already done at WHL and restarting the work as a replica of the Ann Budge Vomitorium and Piazza.

FIFA are raging that the stadia for next year's World Cup are so dreadfully inferior to the ABVAP, and Budgie has been nominated for next year's RIBA Royal Gold Medal (from now on to be known as the Budgie Badge), the Thomas jefferson Medal in Architecture (to be known as the Potter Prize), and the International Union of Architects Gold Medal (to be known in future as the Gorgie Gong).

She is also in line to become the first female Pope, the next Dalry Lama, and is now first in line to succeed HM Betty of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha as Heid Honcho of the Addams Family.love it

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Woudn't it be lovely if everyone that's waiting/held-up because of the council, all get together and make a combined-demand for an explanation as to why one particular business gets preferential treatment ??:agree: and all the regular tax payers and council tax payers non-related to the gorgie mob, complain to this bumbling council about the preferencial treatment that they hand out at our expense?

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Thomasosad writes;

They've ***ked up again. Some dafty forgot they were there. This is what he should have said. He's such a 'look at me, look at me,' 'I've been places' fan ehI love this bit. 2 cherry pickers, suddenly need a wee bit of a trim. do they expect a skyline hook to suddenly come along, to support the top sections as they dismantle/ I worked on these machines, and we needed crane or overhead workshop equipment to that sort of thing. guy's a tit.

monktonharp
17-11-2017, 12:28 AM

How have they even managed to waste so much moneyto be fair to our orgie chums which I am generally not, the steel price and even the construction price was pretty well rock bottom at the time of asking and Rod Petrie being the type of animal he is, took advantage. we also needed to get it done or our chance would have gone. all worked out in the end. paid for too. :wink:

Pete
17-11-2017, 12:35 AM
It is a decent enough stand but for a "Main Stand" it is somewhat lacking in character with little to differentiate it from the other stands, or indeed from our admittedly budget East Stand. The design brief appears to have been: "pack as many seats into it as is physically possible". The decision to place the press area just above the dugouts seems bizarre.

It'll be a tight wee ground but that’s what I was going to mention: character.

It’s basically four identical, plain stands and the only difference I can see is the rake being slightly flatter in the “main” one.

They’ll need to give the away fans 14000 tickets again to ensure a decent atmosphere because they don’t sing.

--------
17-11-2017, 12:39 AM
to be fair to our orgie chums which I am generally not, the steel price and even the construction price was pretty well rock bottom at the time of asking and Rod Petrie being the type of animal he is, took advantage. we also needed to get it done or our chance would have gone. all worked out in the end. paid for too. :wink:

Well, we needed to get it done sooner or later, and all credit to RP for taking advantage of low prices. Wisdom doesn't wait until a job has to be done regardless of cost; the Jambos have put off and put off replacing what was an absolute shambles of a structure that was way past being even a museum piece. The reason they did so was, I would suggest, their attitude towards Hibs - they spent every penny they had on beefing up their team to avoid losing face by losing games to us. Now years of bad management are coming home to roost; sure, they're going to be boasting about their "world-class" new facilities - that's if the thing's ever actually finished - but they're still saddled with the other three aging, shabby, deteriorating stands which aren't going to last forever, especially in view of the fact that the club has been doing the absolute minimum maintenance work on those stands over the last few years - again, to save money to be ploughed into the team.

mutley
17-11-2017, 05:03 AM

Looking at that photo, and comparing to the asbestos stand that was there before it, then yes, it’s a pretty decent improvement. And it now matches in with the rest of the stadium and almost mirrors the wheatfield stand. So to those points, I say, fair enough Jambo’s, fair enough, I even like the monoblock crest idea (even though that could have been done better) but as they have a very simple club badge it was easy to do. (Our badge is far to intricate to make with monoblock)

BUT the song and dance they have created around it, to say it’s the bestestest main stand it all existence etc etc is just plain silly..

What they have built is a fairly run of the mill, functional football stand that is basically our east stand with the office block / other facilities attached.

I am more than certain that they whole thing could have been built a lot cheaper than what they are paying, by simple planning a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

linlithgowhibbie
17-11-2017, 06:10 AM

I think you will find there are sections of padded seats available for the general public(and season ticket holders) that are very expensive compared to ours !

There is also another exit out of the picture. Will still take them ages to leave if they are mid to top of their stand but thats the same in most stands.:wink:

Ronniekirk
17-11-2017, 06:11 AM
the Tannoy system must be 5.1 Surround Sound No expense spared struggling to see where all that cash has gone from pictures seen to date

green day
17-11-2017, 06:26 AM
Had a look on JKB and they seem pretty confident. I hope it opens for Sunday, because what they will get is somewhere to sit......and that's it.

The rest of the stand will still be a building site and it might dawn on them what a mess they've made of this.

On another note, just how many brokebackers refer to their stand as "she" or "her" or "the old girl"?

They really are like a crappy online version of the bingo night at Gorgie mills bowling club, maroon cardigans and half pints of belhaven best.

Twats

The Spaceman
17-11-2017, 06:34 AM
From the inside it looks good - x4 near symmetrical stands all linked under the white steel frame...will be some atmosphere for the derbies.

From the outside it will date very, very quickly and they have spent a lot of money for that privilege. They also have no room for future growth, unlike us.

mjhibby
17-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Well, we needed to get it done sooner or later, and all credit to RP for taking advantage of low prices. Wisdom doesn't wait until a job has to be done regardless of cost; the Jambos have put off and put off replacing what was an absolute shambles of a structure that was way past being even a museum piece. The reason they did so was, I would suggest, their attitude towards Hibs - they spent every penny they had on beefing up their team to avoid losing face by losing games to us. Now years of bad management are coming home to roost; sure, they're going to be boasting about their "world-class" new facilities - that's if the thing's ever actually finished - but they're still saddled with the other three aging, shabby, deteriorating stands which aren't going to last forever, especially in view of the fact that the club has been doing the absolute minimum maintenance work on those stands over the last few years - again, to save money to be ploughed into the team.

The old stand wasn't fit for purpose in the 90s. Also the away dressing room is smaller than those on the links. A joke club and another example of their obsession with us. It all started with the 0-7 game apparently and wallet Mercedes vowed it wouldn't happen again. 6-2 ya plums.

Mainstandman
17-11-2017, 07:08 AM

Chances of getting a football right in the face looks odds on for anyone in the front rows

oneone73
17-11-2017, 07:11 AM
A joke club and another example of their obsession with us. It all started with the 0-7 game apparently and wallet Mercedes vowed it wouldn't happen again. 6-2 ya plums.

I doubt that. He was still a rugby fan then.

Zondervan
17-11-2017, 07:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/d077a6ea9fce30d13e7b5c11d4bce01a.jpg

A non-Jambo mate took this photo late last night. Was at a charity do in the Gorgie stand.

Looks good enough BUT as stated in many posts above it is a carbon-copy of the Wheatfield stand. For £15m. Of course they have the office block on the back but the cost for the whole build is ludicrous (and pleasing as they would say).

jakedance
17-11-2017, 07:38 AM
Sorry to piss on anyone’s chips but their new stand looks fine to me. We’ve both got good grounds that are roughly the same for size and facilities. I don’t go in for the ‘my stands better than your stand’ willy waggling but if that’s your thing then enjoy.

Where I’ve found pleasure has been in the dire project management of it, which most Hearts fans I know are desperately trying to convince themselves hasn’t been the case. It’s been a shambles but once it’s all finished that won’t matter too much to anyone.

Our team is better and that’s all that matters to me. All these new stand shenanigans have taken the heat off Levein and Budge’s disastrous management of the football team. They’re ***** and no amount of glass or monobloc is going to change that anytime soon.

calumhibee1
17-11-2017, 07:40 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/d077a6ea9fce30d13e7b5c11d4bce01a.jpg

A non-Jambo mate took this photo late last night. Was at a charity do in the Gorgie stand.

Looks good enough BUT as stated in many posts above it is a carbon-copy of the Wheatfield stand. For £15m. Of course they have the office block on the back but the cost for the whole build is ludicrous (and pleasing as they would say).

This. The actual stand part of it looks absolutely fine and functional. The bit I can’t get my head round is why as a main stand it’s a carbon copy of the one across from it and why there’s no boxes/rooms looking out onto the pitch or seemingly no executive seating. You look at the fact that basically the same thing cost us £3.5m and you have to wonder what the hell the other £10m above what we spent is going. Not that I have an issue with it of course.

mjhibby
17-11-2017, 07:44 AM
Sorry to piss on anyone’s chips but their new stand looks fine to me. We’ve both got good grounds that are roughly the same for size and facilities. I don’t go in for the ‘my stands better than your stand’ willy waggling but if that’s your thing then enjoy.

Where I’ve found pleasure has been in the dire project management of it, which most Hearts fans I know are desperately trying to convince themselves hasn’t been the case. It’s been a shambles but once it’s all finished that won’t matter too much to anyone.

Our team is better and that’s all that matters to me. All these new stand shenanigans have taken the heat off Levein and Budge’s disastrous management of the football team. They’re ***** and no amount of glass or monobloc is going to change that anytime soon.

As our Gorgie chums used to delight in telling us when we had a good balance sheet but a crap team it's all about the team on the park. And the management too I has en to add.

Iain G
17-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Reported in the Sun that they will give it to Saturday night until they make a call, hardly fair on the plans of the travelling Partick supporters is it? SFA/SPFL should tell them they have until Friday evening to get it signed off or they have to pull the game.

The fans should come first :agree:

mjhibby
17-11-2017, 07:47 AM
I doubt that. He was still a rugby fan then.

That was from a former chief superintendent who regularly chased them for bills and indeed they came within a week of being shut for not paying their bill. Their non payment of bills had been going on for decades before the proverbial hit the fan.

Carheenlea
17-11-2017, 07:48 AM
One way of making the ground looking smarter, and for not a lot of money, would be to replace the badges with just plain seats. Would make it look bigger as well, but for simple aesthetics it would look better without in my opinion.

mjhibby
17-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Reported in the Sun that they will give it to Saturday night until they make a call, hardly fair on the plans of the travelling Partick supporters is it? SFA/SPFL should tell them they have until Friday evening to get it signed off or they have to pull the game.

Joke of a club. Surely Partick will get reimbursed for all the costs to the fans if it's called off. I think we know the answer to that.

dangermouse
17-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Where's the statement on the official Hearts site about a football team no less taking the crap out of them now :greengrin

PatHead
17-11-2017, 07:52 AM
If the boot was on the other foot Hearts would be claiming three points just now.

17-11-2017, 07:53 AM

They'll keep them in place until 27th December when they'll be sh*tting their pants.

SirDavidsNapper
17-11-2017, 07:58 AM
If the boot was on the other foot Hearts would be claiming three points just now.

If this was Partick they'd be calling them an embarrassing wee team

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 08:04 AM

Yep. Potter and Preston etc would be bleating on and on about it.

Saturday evening is a joke and out of order for the away side.

SuperAllyMcleod
17-11-2017, 08:22 AM

Have they made any provision for disabled fans? I can’t see anywhere for them, unless there is space behind the police box?

Famous Fiver
17-11-2017, 08:23 AM
If, and it's a very big if, they get their safety certificate the orgasmic posts on Brokeback will be overwhelming.

Just think about it for a minute.

Celebrating a hugely over budget, hugely delayed, 60s office block monstrosity as if they've won the World Cup (and the First World War along the way) while their team on the park is rank rotten. And, by the way, not due for completion until some unspecified date in 2018. It took us 3 months, start to finish, with press areas, executive seats and boxes, and technical areas above ground level, on budget.

Coy silence on capacity and cost.

You couldn't make it up.

They'll be paying wee Budgie back for years at her very comfortable rate of interest. Fan ownership, oh ma sides!!

Pleasing.

lord bunberry
17-11-2017, 08:30 AM

I think most people agree that the stand looks fine. What it isn’t is an architectural masterpiece that hearts fans are claiming it to be. I’ve enjoyed laughing as they lurch from one deadline to another, making more and more ridiculous claims as they go. I hope they do get it open for Sunday as I want to get back to laughing at their on field problems.

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 08:32 AM
One way of making the ground looking smarter, and for not a lot of money, would be to replace the badges with just plain seats. Would make it look bigger as well, but for simple aesthetics it would look better without in my opinion.

:agree: I don't think there's any angle from which the badges don't look like something off a last century DOS computer game. Other than those the stand looks fine from the front.

KerPlunk
17-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Have they made any provision for disabled fans? I can’t see anywhere for them, unless there is space behind the police box?
According to original planning drawings, disabled fans located along first row of upper block, on walkway. 38 disabled spaces + carers if memory serves.

El Gubbz
17-11-2017, 08:53 AM
According to original planning drawings, disabled fans located along first row of upper block, on walkway. 38 disabled spaces + carers if memory serves.

I’m all up for having a laugh at the jambos and hoping they don’t get the stand open! But why do we care about this level of detail?

MyJo
17-11-2017, 08:55 AM
:agree: I don't think there's any angle from which the badges don't look like something off a last century DOS computer game. Other than those the stand looks fine from the front.

If they had any sense they would have just got white seats to spell out HMFC in massive letters, would have looked much better than the wonky minecraft-style badges they have put on.

SirDavidsNapper
17-11-2017, 08:57 AM

That's the Wheatfield. What about the new main stand?

Hibs07p
17-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Not just the disabled fans that have a problem by the looks of that photo though.
The first few rows at the bottom of that stand are going to be restricted view because of the perimeter fence along the front of the stand, unless the fence is made of glass. And if it is, there can't be any advertising boards in front of it. Double **** up, restricted view at the very front of the stand, or no advertising in full view of any TV cameras. As many seats as possible crammed into their expensive Main Stand answer to our budget East Stand, regardless of the view their paying customer will get.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Winston Ingram
17-11-2017, 09:11 AM
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/931451344300343296

Peevemor
17-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Chances of getting a football right in the face looks odds on for anyone in the front rows

It's Hearts you're speaking about here - more likely to get a ball in the coupon in the top rows.

surreyhibbie
17-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Not just the disabled fans that have a problem by the looks of that photo though.
The first few rows at the bottom of that stand are going to be restricted view because of the perimeter fence along the front of the stand, unless the fence is made of glass. And if it is, there can't be any advertising boards in front of it. Double **** up, restricted view at the very front of the stand, or no advertising in full view of any TV cameras. As many seats as possible crammed into their expensive Main Stand answer to our budget East Stand, regardless of the view their paying customer will get.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

I read on sickback that the fence is indeed made of glass so the disabled supporters can see.

Think I'd prefer a blindfold myself...

Mikey09
17-11-2017, 09:34 AM
I hope the game does go ahead. As someone else pointed out can you imagine the over dramatic posts re how famous they are, what an architectural masterpiece this £15million stand is, big team blah blah blah... and then they get pumped fi Partick!!

Iain G
17-11-2017, 10:07 AM

Badges by Ceefax :greengrin

G B Young
17-11-2017, 10:09 AM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1850170/hearts-deadline-partick-thistle-match-tynecastle/

Whatever one's views on the Sun, at least they're flagging up what an amateurish project this has been, unlike several other media sources.

What I don't get is why Hearts fans would regard securing an 11th hour temporary safety certificate as a some sort of wonderful achievement.

Most clubs, when opening a supposedly showpiece stand for business would want to do so with a bit of fanfare and have the thing looking at its best. Instead, they'll be sitting in a building site for months to come.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 10:20 AM

It's a single tier stand. There is no upper block.

I read on sickback that the fence is indeed made of glass so the disabled supporters can see.

Think I'd prefer a blindfold myself...

I hope they've gone for glass. It won't weather well.

Their management of the building of this new stand mirrors their management of player recruitment over the last few years. Nobody really has a clue what they're doing and they're chucking money at it hoping it turns out right.

Peevemor
17-11-2017, 10:22 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1850170/hearts-deadline-partick-thistle-match-tynecastle/

Whatever one's views on the Sun, at least they're flagging up what an amateurish project this has been, unlike several other media sources.

What I don't get is why Hearts fans would regard securing an 11th hour temporary safety certificate as a some sort of wonderful achievement.

Most clubs, when opening a supposedly showpiece stand for business would want to do so with a bit of fanfare and have the thing looking at its best. Instead, they'll be sitting in a building site for months to come.

I've posted this a couple of times already - here's the our East stand 5 WEEKS before it opened.

http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/s...r_road_stadium (http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/sco/easter_road_stadium)

http://stadiumdb.com/pic-buildings/sco/easter_road_stadium/easter_road_stadium051.jpg

http://stadiumdb.com/pic-buildings/sco/easter_road_stadium/easter_road_stadium053.jpg

Bristolhibby
17-11-2017, 10:23 AM

Are there any boxes/hospitality in their new mega-sonic stand?

J

jacomo
17-11-2017, 10:24 AM
If, and it's a very big if, they get their safety certificate the orgasmic posts on Brokeback will be overwhelming.

Just think about it for a minute.

Celebrating a hugely over budget, hugely delayed, 60s office block monstrosity as if they've won the World Cup (and the First World War along the way) while their team on the park is rank rotten. And, by the way, not due for completion until some unspecified date in 2018. It took us 3 months, start to finish, with press areas, executive seats and boxes, and technical areas above ground level, on budget.

Coy silence on capacity and cost.

You couldn't make it up.

They'll be paying wee Budgie back for years at her very comfortable rate of interest. Fan ownership, oh ma sides!!

Pleasing.

She has made an absolute mess of this project - no doubt about it.

The finished stand is average, no more. Tiny will look a lot more cohesive but they have made huge compromises to get there.

Fan ownership is a distant dream, unless Budge agrees to a long term loan arrangement like STF.

GloryGlory
17-11-2017, 10:25 AM

J

Yes - and luckily for the occupants they've been built without a view of the eye-bleeding hoofball on the pitch! :greengrin

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 10:27 AM

J

Does that abbreviate to masonic?

KerPlunk
17-11-2017, 10:32 AM
It's a single tier stand. There is no upper block.
Upper block of seating above the walkway.
Smartarse.:na na:

Aldo
17-11-2017, 10:35 AM
As stands go it looks ok but nothing more nothing less. It will however have no amenities or facilities until the cash coo’s are filled again.

You would think they are the only team that has built a stand FFS.

Mirrors or East imho with a lesser capacity (or there abouts)

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 10:41 AM

J

Aye, they are all facing the high school.

DarlingtonHibee
17-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Can someone please explain why they can't play with three stands? This is becoming a joke.

surreyhibbie
17-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Can someone please explain why they can't play with three stands? This is becoming a joke.

already sold too many tickets. they would have to give money back!

good luck with that...

Moulin Yarns
17-11-2017, 10:49 AM

good luck with that...

And???

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 10:50 AM

good luck with that...

They've got more season ticket holders than seats currently available. Only the jambo's!!!

where'stheslope
17-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Could maybe be on the concourse between the upper and lower levels, the same as the the other 3 stands?

The seats behind the Police box could be used by blind supporters with radio commentary as they did years ago in the same area in the old enclosure.

Www1875hfc
17-11-2017, 11:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/455b91c7bc6453af57c41ff71d3190ac.jpg

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 11:46 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/455b91c7bc6453af57c41ff71d3190ac.jpg

The Roseburn still looks like a neglected *****hole then!

Billy Whizz
17-11-2017, 11:47 AM
The Roseburn still looks like a neglected *****hole then!

My thoughts too Firestarter, and they haven’t been any fans in it since July. Thought they might have tidied it up a bit!

Waxy
17-11-2017, 11:47 AM

What did you build?

I built a Scotmid 😂lol brilliant

hibsforeurope
17-11-2017, 11:58 AM
If the stands not ready they should be made to play the match closed doors. The pitch and changing facilities are fine to play the game.

Nicho87
17-11-2017, 12:00 PM
This club has the hard neck to come out and spit the dummy out over Marathon bet ripping in to them on twitter. And here they are 48 hours before a match and their own fans and poor thistle fans don't know where they are going. Only Hearts.

NAE NOOKIE
17-11-2017, 12:05 PM
The enforced configuration of the PBS caused by restriction of space, lack of cash and proper planning should make it capable of a cracking atmosphere. But when it comes to the occupants its like taking Motorhead's speaker system and giving it to Marcel Marceau :greengrin

SRHibs
17-11-2017, 12:14 PM
The one thing I like about their ground is the symmetry, and the fact that the stands are so tightly packed that the corners aren’t open. ER with something in the corners would be MUCH better IMO - and would do a lot to improve sound levels within the stadium.

Ringothedog
17-11-2017, 12:19 PM
The one thing I like about their ground is the symmetry, and the fact that the stands are so tightly packed that the corners aren’t open. ER with something in the corners would be MUCH better IMO - and would do a lot to improve sound levels within the stadium.

Possibly but their ground was,is and always will be a *****hole

Winston Ingram
17-11-2017, 12:21 PM

This question must have been asked and answered about 100 times in this thread :greengrin

Billy Whizz
17-11-2017, 12:22 PM
This question must have been asked and answered about 100 times in this thread :greengrin

It’s never been answered though😄

Keith_M
17-11-2017, 12:26 PM
I think most people agree that the stand looks fine. What it isn’t is an architectural masterpiece that hearts fans are claiming it to be. I’ve enjoyed laughing as they lurch from one deadline to another, making more and more ridiculous claims as they go. I hope they do get it open for Sunday as I want to get back to laughing at their on field problems.

The finished product will be OK, very similar to the Wheatfield Stand. I wouldn't swap our Main stand for theirs but I'm probably biased.

Hearts have made a rod for their own back with the overblown claims of how good it's going to be and the total mess of any planning, added to the ridiculous cost of something that's, let's be honest, nothing special.

PaulC
17-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Have they asked Partick to give them a guard of honour as they take to the field?

jacomo
17-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Latest EEN update admits new stand likely to cost more than £12m - shock - and that Tynecastle will have a capacity of more than 20k people.

I suppose if you add capacity of all the new office block rooms, plus standing capacity in the piazza Plaza, to the number of seats... conceivably 20k plus could be accommodated at any one time!

Iain G
17-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Symmetry?? Aye it will be a graveyard when we bury them in the next derby :greengrin

McSwanky
17-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Have they asked Partick to give them a guard of honour as they take to the field?

:top marks Wouldn't put it past them!

Iain G
17-11-2017, 12:43 PM
The unique design of the stand continues to surprise me and Hearts should be applauded for pushing the boundaries of stadium design into the 20th century, as Craig Levein points out on the Beeb...

"I sat up in the back row of the new stand and looked down. It's a wonderful view - no pillars in your way or anything like that."

No pillars! Or even anything that's like a pillar! What kind of magic is this?!?! Impressive :agree:

Peevemor
17-11-2017, 12:44 PM
The unique design of the stand continues to surprise me and Hearts should be applauded for pushing the boundaries of stadium design into the 20th century, as Craig Levein points out on the Beeb...

"I sat up in the back row of the new stand and looked down. It's a wonderful view - no pillars in your way or anything like that."

No pillars! Or even anything that's like a pillar! Impressive :agree:

Luckily they're here to drag us into the 21st century. :agree:

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 12:48 PM
The one thing I like about their ground is the symmetry - "We've got 3 boring single tier, corrugated tin stands. lets make it symmetrical by building another one."

, and the fact that the stands are so tightly packed that the corners aren’t open. - They've got nowhere to build out the way so it has to be tightly packed.

ER with something in the corners would be MUCH better IMO - and would do a lot to improve sound levels within the stadium. - It's always sounded fine when it matters.

x

Aldo
17-11-2017, 12:50 PM

No pillars! Or even anything that's like a pillar! What kind of magic is this?!?! Impressive :agree:

LIES pure LIES

They have restricted view seats behind the Control Room and seats in behind pillars.

Once again they are making out like they are the first to have stands without pillars!

Newry Hibs
17-11-2017, 12:55 PM

That's some achievement - 17 years after it ended.

Mainstandman
17-11-2017, 12:57 PM
If the stands not ready they should be made to play the match closed doors. The pitch and changing facilities are fine to play the game.
Unless you slide off the pitch straight into that crane

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 01:14 PM
My thoughts too Firestarter, and they haven’t been any fans in it since July. Thought they might have tidied it up a bit!

It's their way of dealing with stuff I suppose Billy.

Iain G
17-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Luckily they're here to drag us into the 21st century. :agree:

No it's certainly the 20th century with that unique and groundbreaking design :wink:

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 01:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/8759420f691bf073dcb584448e85bb34.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/759c54d7ea6b27692875dd49debeb3be.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/2fddd409b0f13fa35c08540360cece41.jpg
3 minutes ago

Bishop Hibee
17-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Nothing to worry about 🤥 Bringing Scottish football into disrepute.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 01:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/8759420f691bf073dcb584448e85bb34.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/759c54d7ea6b27692875dd49debeb3be.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/2fddd409b0f13fa35c08540360cece41.jpg
3 minutes ago

If that was a normal building site you wouldn't expect to be open for business before Christmas.

HFC_NYC
17-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Registered Users A
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_member.gif
1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-safety-certificate-this-week-updated/&do=findComment&comment=6348407)

Been told that earlier in the week there was nearly 40 issues to be addressed. Earlier today they were 5.

Guess we’ll hear tomorrow.

Fair play to the council using taxpayers money to allow Saturday overtime for the inspectors also.

#establishmentclub

#knowyourplacepeasantfilth

This is the typical yam attitude that really winds me up. Are they really this arrogant?

jacomo
17-11-2017, 02:05 PM
If that was a normal building site you wouldn't expect to be open for business before Christmas.

Looking at that picture, it seems incredible they are even considering hosting a football match this weekend.

hailhail22
17-11-2017, 02:06 PM
I wonder how the segregation will work when we play them ? The turnstiles for the new stand look like they are very close to the away end

Thecat23
17-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/set_resources_3/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png
Registered Users A
1,749 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-safety-certificate-this-week-updated/&do=findComment&comment=6348407)

Been told that earlier in the week there was nearly 40 issues to be addressed. Earlier today they were 5.

Fair play to the council using taxpayers money to allow Saturday overtime for the inspectors also.

#establishmentclub

This is the typical yam attitude that really winds me up. Are they really this arrogant?

This is the typical Hearts fan. No wonder they are hated! Hope this prick trips down the stairs and breaks his legs.

Bristolhibby
17-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
Registered Users A
1,749 posts

#establishmentclub

It’s all they’ve got. Which is why fans of “establishment” clubs are such unquestionable tw@s. Same with the currants “we are the peepul” pish.

As much as it winds you up, think how they feel that the “jumped up upstart” dominates them both professionally, systematically, morally and on the playing field. That must drive them insane!

J

lapsedhibee
17-11-2017, 02:14 PM

You're probably being facetious but, in all seriousness, something like that would be appropriate. Assuming the game goes ahead they'll have managed to get the stand open in November, the same month as Armistice Day, and bearing in mind that if it wasn't for them there would be no such thing as football, never mind football megastands with chips, I believe there should be some form of respectful tribute. If not a guard of honour then a sacrifice of virgins - or something even more out of the ordinary, to reflect the uniqueness of the stand.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 02:16 PM
You're probably being facetious but, in all seriousness, something like that would be appropriate. Assuming the game goes ahead they'll have managed to get the stand open in November, the same month as Armistice Day, and bearing in mind that if it wasn't for them there would be no such thing as football, never mind football megastands with chips, I believe there should be some form of respectful tribute. If not a guard of honour then a sacrifice of virgins, or something even more out of the ordinary to reflect the uniqueness of the stand.

Plenty posting on Sickback.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2017, 02:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/d7cb91e07c28f26dc3d57e66e782431c.jpg

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 02:23 PM
This is the typical Hearts fan. No wonder they are hated! Hope this prick trips down the stairs and breaks his legs.

If being the establishment club means being the grown adult that constantly needs hand outs from mum and dad and can't do anything on their own without help then let them bash on.
Tramps.

patch1875
17-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
Registered Users A
1,749 posts

#establishmentclub

1. Finish the stand.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Elias Henry Furst

Squad Member
Registered Users A
1,749 posts

#establishmentclub

Answer is yes, they are blind bigoted delude fools, and that's putting it mildly.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Answer is yes, they are blind bigoted delude fools, and that's putting it mildly.

Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair. They are deluded muppets mind.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Whatever the outcome of this farce is you can bet the media will be covering up any problems by the shovel load, and by the looks of it there's plenty rubbish outside the ground to cover it.

Absolute fandans.

Big team?

:faf::faf::faf:

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Raining in central Edinburgh getting heavier.

Oops.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair.

Seriously? 100% are mate.

Firestarter
17-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Seriously? 100% are mate.

It is a minoless fee. Their club isn't based on bigotry like them in Glasgow is what I meant.

hibees 7062

Say what you really think :greengrin

Pretty Boy

Don't you be holding back now. :greengrin

SkintHibby
Wouldn't say they are bigoted to be fair. They are deluded muppets mind.

Are you serious? Have you never watched a Hearts v Celtic match???

Alan62
17-11-2017, 02:40 PM
They are the Establishment’s team. It’s just one of the reasons I am glad I am a Hibs fan. I wouldn’t want to be associated with the Establishment.

Iain G
17-11-2017, 02:40 PM

Nope, no way should that host a game of football on Sunday.

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

There is no pride or professionalism with this for anyone.

HFC_NYC
17-11-2017, 02:42 PM
They have no remorse whatsoever about making use of other people's money for their own benefit. They claim to be the establishment club, but they must be the most subservient fans in the world.......MR. Romanov (the Sweet Prince) , MRS. Budge (the Queen of Hearts). I'm fortunate to live far enough away that I never come face to face with any of these morons, but even if I lived on the moon, my blood would still boil listening to they way they go on.

Geo_1875
17-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Nope, no way should that host a game of football on Sunday.

The council will open themselves up to a whole host of risk and ridicule if it gets any kind of sign off and will put people in a position of potential harm.

The SFA / SFPL should have stated to Hearts they had until lunchtime today to get this sorted or the game is off.

And Hearts should be embarrased it has come down to this instead of reveling in the pride of making a half arsed job of it all and opening it up for the public when it isn't even finished.

There is no pride or professionalism with this for anyone.

Their first game in front of the new stand should have been a gala occasion with a grand opening by former players or local dignitaries.

Instead it's going to be a half-arsed rush job with minimal facilities available.

I imagine even the EEN will be too embarrassed to produce a 20 page pull-out lauding the event.

Jack Hackett
17-11-2017, 02:46 PM
They have no remorse whatsoever about making use of other people's money for their own benefit. They claim to be the establishment club, but they must be the most subservient fans in the world.......MR. Romanov (the Sweet Prince) , MRS. Budge (the Queen of Hearts). I'm fortunate to live far enough away that I never come face to face with any of these morons, but even if I lived on the moon, my blood would still boil listening to they way they go on.

Forelock tuggers... and other things.

greenginger
17-11-2017, 02:50 PM
With all this effort to get the new stand passed for opening they seemed to have overlooked the status of the changing rooms under the Wheatfield Stand. ( Assuming they are the ones to be used )

They had a temporary occupation certificate to allow use for the Dunfermline game at the start of the season but that permission expired at the end of July.

Still, plenty time for a fresh application.