PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

ElginHibbie
14-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Plenty of disquiet on kickback at the prospect of yet another delay, with some even daring to be openly critical of Queen Ann.

But even now, the delusion lives on for some...

"20,000 Tynecastle is a big asset for the SPFL.

Makes the game that bit more modern and strong. SPFL don't want to be punishing us and certainly don't want to be seen to."

That's just a threat of moving to play in England away from being a Sevco response to a potential punishment for their own wrongdoing

Firestarter
14-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Spot on Sean, but I have a feeling they will get away with it. They knew fine what they were doing this whole time IMO.

Of course they will. Then they do **** like tell Aberdeen on o bolt when they want to train on their then rented rugby pitch.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Ffs is there any word at all that they don't misspell over there? Flak, F L A K. As in flaky.

Naw, it is flack. As in Roberta.... Killing them softly with our songs.

Deansy
14-11-2017, 04:12 PM
I've backed Thistle to win - what happens to it if the game doesn't go ahead but Partick are awarded the win/points ?

Hibs90
14-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Brick Tamland said:
To the ***** from Leith on here, go back to your *****y wee lives. Oh and 5-1 we know it still hurts.
To the Sevco ***** on here, you let your club die.
To the trolls on here, get a life.
To the real hearts fans on here, the support we have given the club has been exceptional and we will be rewarded with a magnificent stadium and in time a team that will be worthy of playing in it and worthy of our outstanding support.
And finally to Obua and Sifter - get some more pics up!!

:faf:

G B Young
14-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Have Partick had anything to say about this? A colleague of mine is organising a stag weekend for a pal who professes to support the Jags and was thinking to adding the game at Tiny to the weekend agenda. He called Firhill about ticket availability and asked if they could clarify whether the game's likely to go ahead. He was apparently told they 'couldn't comment'?!

I'd suggest Partick are entitled to feel annoyed at this ongoing uncertainty (I would be if it was Hibs involved). Presumably the week's training is shaped around this game, so an early call-off would presumably be appreciated rather than leaving it until the 11th hour. Disrespectful from Hearts I say.

CapitalGreen
14-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Weather forecast for Sunday?

Rain
30mph Winds
and a RealFeel temp of 1 oC

Lovely

Mikey
14-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Apparently the budgie's getting peed off;

Thomaso

"Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!"

:greengrin
There may be trouble ahead...............

She's presided over a monumental **** up and deserves all the grief she gets. The buck stops with her.

HFC_NYC
14-11-2017, 04:32 PM
kingdannyb

The Eternal Optimist
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/av-1863.jpg
Paid Member_10
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/team_premium.gif
1,357 posts
Location - Linz, Austria

Posted 13 minutes ago (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-safety-certificate-this-week-updated/&do=findComment&comment=6343934)

Six weeks tomorrow we will be pumping them under the lights in front of 20,000+
Who cares if there's another delay or postponement, this is a project for the future.

20,000+........NO
Pumping the Hibs........NO
Project for the future..........YES. The stand will be finished sometime in the future.

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2017, 04:34 PM
[QUOT0)E=G B Young;5219678]Have Partick had anything to say about this? A collea;;gue of mine is organising a stag weekend for a pal who professes to support the Jags and was thinking to adding the game at Tiny to the weekend agenda. He called Firhill about ticket availability and asked if they could clarify whether the game's likely to go ahead. He was apparently told they 'couldn't comment'?!

I'd suggest Partick are entitled to feel annoyed at this ongoing uncertainty (I would be if it was Hibs involved). Presumably the week's training is shaped around this game, so an early call-off would presumably be appreciated rather than leaving it until the 11th hour. Disrespectful from Hearts I say.[/QUOTE]

Were Partick Thistle not the victims of the Yams highly unfortunate flooding incident prior to the cup tie replay at Easter Road? If the Jags and the Yams survive to play in the premiership next season Thistle's fixture list should read:

Hibs (h)
Aberdeen (a)
Celtic (h)
Motherwell (a)
Hamilton (h)
Hearts (a) ....... Possibly ... every chance the game will take place .... we're reasonably confident this time ... but supporters are advised not to book tickets relying on a specific date ..... if the game does take place we advise not to make presumptions about the venue either as this may well change.

Firestarter
14-11-2017, 04:34 PM
They will wait till the last minute possible to say they tried when in reality they will already know it's not.

If the game was going ahead they would be shouting it from the roof tops all week long. Silence is deafening from the Budgie.

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 04:35 PM
They will wait till the last minute possible to say they tried when in reality they will already know it's not.

If the game was going ahead they would be shouting it from the roof tops all week long. Silence is deafening from the Budgie.

Heavy rain is the forecast for Sunday. Hope they’ve got the pitch covers on

greenginger
14-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Just been checking the Council website.

The Building Warrant application has moved on. From still pending consideration this morning to " objections cleared " dated 14/11/2017.

Brown envelope has passed over or wtf has taken a year to to be cleared.

Has Budge and Co agreed to comply with the regulations, or has pressure been put on the Council building inspectors to accept something inferior in the way of design or materials ?

I think we should be told , but I'm guessing there's no chance of that.

IlDiavola
14-11-2017, 04:51 PM
It would be a shame if the game doesn't go ahead.

They are on such a fine run and won't want to break their momentum.

Aldo
14-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Just been checking the Council website. The Building Warrant application has moved on. From still pending consideration this morning to " objections cleared " dated 14/11/2017. Brown envelope has passed over or wtf has taken a year to to be cleared. Has Budge and Co agreed to comply with the regulations, or has pressure been put on the Council building inspectors to accept something inferior in the way of design or materials ? I think we should be told , but I'm guessing there's no chance of that.

GG I would suggest that the yams do what they want and nowt gets said

Pretty Boy
14-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Absolutely laughable.

Other clubs have built main stands with comparable facilities, including us, with minimal fuss and gone about business quietly and efficiently. This monstrosity has been a shambles from start to finish (?) and the constant updates and statements are pathetic. The whole thing is so small time and amateur hour.

Anyone with a sense of themselves would be embarrassed by the total fiasco but, as is always the case, those drones just lap it up and accept it.

Bostonhibby
14-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Absolutely laughable.

Other clubs have built main stands with comparable facilities, including us, with minimal fuss and gone about business quietly and efficiently. This monstrosity has been a shambles from start to finish (?) and the constant updates and statements are pathetic. The whole thing is so small time and amateur hour.

Anyone with a sense of themselves would be embarrassed by the total fiasco but, as is always the case, those drones just lap it up and accept it.

They're like club 1872 only without grammar and spellchecker.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
14-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Apparently the budgie's getting peed off;

Thomaso

"Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!"

:greengrin
There may be trouble ahead...............

She shouldn't have made such an absolute mess of the project then.

Tornadoes70
14-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Just been checking the Council website.

The Building Warrant application has moved on. From still pending consideration this morning to " objections cleared " dated 14/11/2017.

Brown envelope has passed over or wtf has taken a year to to be cleared.

Has Budge and Co agreed to comply with the regulations, or has pressure been put on the Council building inspectors to accept something inferior in the way of design or materials ?

I think we should be told , but I'm guessing there's no chance of that.

Their exclusive golf club memberships were at stake :greengrin.

Kato
14-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Their exclusive golf club memberships were at stake :greengrin.

Our councillors aren't that slick, Pie Eating Club memberships maybe.

Baw187
14-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Absolutely laughable.

The irony of them calling themselves the Big Team given the way they conduct their business is brilliant. Shambles of a club.

Keith_M
14-11-2017, 06:04 PM
This is Tynecastle we're talking about, the 8th Wonder of the World. The Director's Box and the Executive Seating areas will be so spectacularthat it will put every other Scottish Stadium to shame.

There's no way it's those seats just behind the Dugout that look exactly the same as the rest of the stadium.

hibbysam
14-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Of course they will. Then they do **** like tell Aberdeen on o bolt when they want to train on their then rented rugby pitch.

Easy done when two of the three board members are Budge herself and Hun representative Stewart Robertson. Hibs will of course bend over and take their ***** as well, like we agreed to all their fixture changes earlier in the season. Partick won’t have any complaints either since this game was actually swapped in the first place so they could play the Huns in front of a bumper crowd at Murrayfield.

G B Young
14-11-2017, 06:07 PM
From Budge's 4th August statement:

"One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.
Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September."

Which, if any, parts of this statement are actually true?!

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 06:07 PM
This is Tynecastle we're talking about, the 8th Wonder of the World. The Director's Box and the Executive Seating areas will be so spectacularthat it will put every other Scottish Stadium to shame.

There's no way it's those seats just behind the Dugout that look exactly the same as the rest of the stadium.
Think the ones behind the dugouts are press seats

jacomo
14-11-2017, 06:09 PM
From Budge's 4th August statement:

"One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.
Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September."

Which, if any, parts of this statement are actually true?!

Noted, Budgie. Noted.

Hibs4185
14-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Cheer up Anne Budge
Oh what can it mean
Do Ah
old wrinkly jambo and a
***** Football Stand

just seen from someone in the know on brokeback-Thomasso, seemingly she's starting to wonder what she's let herself in for after the stand debacle and the abuse she's getting. Let's push her over the edge and put those CeeUNextTuesday's back into admin where they belong!

Hibbyradge
14-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Cheer up Anne Budge
Oh what can it mean
Do Ah
old wrinkly jambo and a
***** Football Stand

just seen from someone in the know on brokeback-Thomasso, seemingly she's starting to wonder what she's let herself in for after the stand debacle and the abuse she's getting. Let's push her over the edge and put those CeeUNextTuesday's back into admin where they belong!

Do Ah?

Sorry, but :faf:

Keith_M
14-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Now THAT'S a Main Stand

Mainstandman
14-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Rain
30mph Winds

Lovely
Media will love it

MyJo
14-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Media will love it

I'm sure they will also love being in throwing distance from the yam hordes, next disagreeable article in the paper or comment on the radio and the next time your in tynecastle it'll be raining pies (wouldn't want to waste the world-class chips now) towards the media section at the bottom of the stand.

SuperAllyMcleod
14-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Now THAT'S a Main Stand

Are you sure?

There seems to be too large a press area and the directors box is clearly discernible from the other seats - that can’t be right?

There’s also no visible evidence that chips are on sale!

Joe6-2
14-11-2017, 06:45 PM
All Is claiming that it would be "fitting" if the new stand was called the Bryan Jackson Stand. Dribbling idiot.
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/big-interview-hearts-new-stand-marks-future-says-bryan-jackson-1-4612088

Big Interview????

Skol
14-11-2017, 06:45 PM
There is talk of playing in front of three stands. The slight problem here is that there is currently no safe access to one of those three stands due to the incomplete building works !

Carheenlea
14-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Hearts fan, know-all, expert on everything and general bore Mark Donaldson got a VIP tour from Budge last week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539/permalink/1485992308134212/

mutley
14-11-2017, 07:13 PM
I sometimes wonder if any of them send her emails to ask what is going on? And if they get any replies?

I’ll say that this game is not going ahead, and on the bright side, that’s another weekend without a defeat for the Yams !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe6-2
14-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Hearts fan, know-all, expert on everything and general bore Mark Donaldson got a VIP tour from Budge last week.

Her daily walkabout!!

Jack Hackett
14-11-2017, 07:25 PM
I sometimes wonder if any of them send her emails to ask what is going on? And if they get any replies?

I’ll say that this game is not going ahead, and on the bright side, that’s another weekend without a defeat for the Yams !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

... and on an even brighter side... a possible 13pt gap. :greengrin

OxoHibby
14-11-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm sure they will also love being in throwing distance from the yam hordes, next disagreeable article in the paper or comment on the radio and the next time your in tynecastle it'll be raining pies (wouldn't want to waste the world-class chips now) towards the media section at the bottom of the stand.

Let's be fair. The statement said chios would be served. No mention of them being world class 😀

hibbyfraelibby
14-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Easy done when two of the three board members are Budge herself and Hun representative Stewart Robertson. Hibs will of course bend over and take their ***** as well, like we agreed to all their fixture changes earlier in the season. Partick won’t have any complaints either since this game was actually swapped in the first place so they could play the Huns in front of a bumper crowd at Murrayfield.

Lets be clear Rodders did not agree to all Hearts fixture rescheduling. The decision was taken by the SPFL Premiership teams last season. Hibs were never asked and have clean hands in all of this shambles.

lapsedhibee
14-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Big Interview????

It's an interview about Hearts, therefore it's big. Simply must be.

Deansy
14-11-2017, 08:32 PM

'the amount of work that's been done in less than six months is phenomenal'

Which makes you wonder what else they've been doing for the WHOLE YEAR they've been there ??

Another stunning and hilarious piece of 'Jamboganda' straight from the school of 'All-is' !!

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Which makes you wonder what else they've been doing for the WHOLE YEAR they've been there ??

Another stunning and hilarious piece of 'Jamboganda' straight from the school of 'All-is' !!

Another person from the media who’s been bought

Green Badger
14-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Another person from the media who’s been bought

Who are they going to roll out next, that fud Ewan Murray??

Joe6-2
14-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Jamboganda! 😂😂😂

calumhibee1
14-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Its hard to illustrate the size of the new stand? Is it not the same size as the one opposite it?

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Its hard to illustrate the size of the new stand? Is it not the same size as the one opposite it?

The seating part is, it’s the office block part of it, that’s hugeeeeeee

calumhibee1
14-11-2017, 09:05 PM
The seating part is, it’s the office block part of it, that’s hugeeeeeee

:greengrin Also, the guy says you'll be able to walk between stands? Surely that's going to be an H&S issue? You could have 14000 at half time all standing in the stand behind the goals in theory :confused:

Winston Ingram
14-11-2017, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/jkbmeltdown/stat...61941990510592

Got this off @JKBmeltdown

Games off apparently. My work deal with Hearts and Hibs for staffing matches and Hearts told our office today that no staff are required as the game will be postponed
😀

kaimendhibs
14-11-2017, 09:29 PM
They aren’t exactly creating a large media space are they? I count 24 seats - how are the worlds press going to squeeze in there?

I’m looking forward to Open All Mics when Preston has to tell the listeners that he doesn’t know who scored because Craig Levein happened to stand up just before the goal went in.The badges are all squint🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
14-11-2017, 09:44 PM

😀

Boooooooo
Means this thread will run and run

poolman
14-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Hmmm? Did he have a " daily walkabout " with Budgie six months ago to confirm this " phenomenal " amount of work that has been done ?

Another plum

Deansy
14-11-2017, 10:28 PM

😀

'I think we were misled into believing the stand would be ready in September and this was to sell season tickets'

Ha-ha-ha - No s**t Sherlock !!. I do believe it's possible that some of the windae-lickers are actually starting to get it !.

AgentDaleCooper
14-11-2017, 10:32 PM
drove past it yesterday, looks hilariously crap :aok:

monktonharp
15-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Armrests? How the hell would you fit them in between this board of directors?

https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/w_700,f_auto,ar_3:2,c_fill/http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.4517443.1501353210!/image/image.jpg

It's interesting that when the board sat in the Gorgie stand they had an empty row in front of them and security to protect them from the angry masses. I wonder what the plan is for the new stand seeing as there is a walkway directly in front of their new 'Directors Box'.Does look a wee bit "ticht" for those high heid yins altogether there is it not?

monktonharp
15-11-2017, 01:47 AM

😀Boooo. cant get the link. gutted for them if it's true though

Gmack7
15-11-2017, 05:49 AM

The amount of work done in 6 months is phenomenal. to have 150 men working full time on that size of project and still not at completion is truly phenomenal.thankfully for budgie she'll have inserted penalty clauses with the principal designer/contractor.

GloryGlory
15-11-2017, 06:54 AM
drove past it yesterday, looks hilariously crap :aok:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/council-safety-chiefs-give-hearts-every-chance-to-get-new-stand-ready-1-4613381

I note the Cooncil is, as usual, bending over backwards to accommodate Hearts. I wonder if someone wanted to open a new shop or factory whether Cooncil workers would make themselves available on Saturday or Sunday to help them do so. Aye, right!

Kavinho
15-11-2017, 06:56 AM
So, has there been an official postponement yet?
Any announcement?

Iain G
15-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Its not like the Jambos have cronic injury problems and a postponed game would benefit them in anyway....

Read that as chronic irony problems!! 😁

green day
15-11-2017, 07:09 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/council-safety-chiefs-give-hearts-every-chance-to-get-new-stand-ready-1-4613381

I note the Cooncil is, as usual, bending over backwards to accommodate Hearts. I wonder if someone wanted to open a new shop or factory whether Cooncil workers would make themselves available on Saturday or Sunday to help them do so. Aye, right!

Sensible PR by the council.

They are telling Hearts that the council won't be "to blame" if the match is postponed.

In reality, the SPFL won't allow this to run into Sunday morning.

Kojock
15-11-2017, 07:14 AM
From Allisbarry, Budgies mouthpiece.

Other areas of the structure must also be completed but the Council are keen to do everything to help Hearts.

The Glasgow club enjoy a cordial relationship with their Gorgie counterparts and the Evening News believes they would not be unduly difficult to deal with over a possible postponement.

It will increase Tynecastle’s capacity to more than 20,000 people.

Dearie me !!!

Peevemor
15-11-2017, 07:16 AM

Any Council should bend over baxkwards to help local businesses.

Sensible PR by the council.

They are telling Hearts that the council won't be "to blame" if the match is postponed.

In reality, the SPFL won't allow this to run into Sunday morning.

The police certainly won't.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Any Council should bend over baxkwards to help local businesses.

The police certainly won't.

Tell that to Hibs when we wanted to buy the butterfly site.

jacomo
15-11-2017, 07:23 AM

Now Barry.

Even if Hearts are allowed to play at Tynecastle this weekend, it's not going to be 'finished' is it? Not even Budge is claiming that.

Iain G
15-11-2017, 07:38 AM
This taken from the EEN, juxtaposition of headline and photo made me laugh...

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2017, 07:38 AM

Other areas of the structure must also be completed but the Council are keen to do everything to help Hearts.

The Glasgow club enjoy a cordial relationship with their Gorgie counterparts and the Evening News believes they would not be unduly difficult to deal with over a possible postponement.

Dearie me !!!

I bet the council is bending over backwards

And they're still peddling the 20k capacity nonsense

GloryGlory
15-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Dearie me !!!

Funny how The Herald today is saying Thistle are concerned about the possibility of a last minute postponement and want a decision quickly. Reasonably points out that a postponement would mean Thistle possibly having to play 9 times in December, and a last minute postponement would disrupt training schedules and the ability to get practice by arranging a bounce match.

Not to mention supporters clubs need to book buses, etc...

Iain G
15-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Now Barry.

Even if Hearts are allowed to play at Tynecastle this weekend, it's not going to be 'finished' is it? Not even Budge is claiming that.

Why is nobody in the media questioning any of this? The reason this is all so much of a late last minute panic is down to incompetent management of the whole project and trying to do it on the cheap without employing a proper project manager or proper main contractor.

It's like one of those grand designs where some pompous battleaxe decides that because she has run a succcessfull business selling snow to the eskimos that she can run a complicated construction project without bothering to pay for an architect, a QS and a project manager and we all sit around laughing as Kevin McCloud* climbs through the shell of the building, half buried in snow and long abandoned since the owner fell out with the contractor, ran out of money and forgot to order the windows...

* In this story, Hibs.net is Kevin McCloud, Ann Budge is, ummm, Ann Budge and the windows are actually seats :greengrin

Cabbage East
15-11-2017, 07:55 AM
That Evening News article. Wow. Barry ****ing Anderson, just look at him. Says it all.

GreenCastle
15-11-2017, 07:59 AM
I would expect a statement today. Usually they are published around 11am or 5pm.

With all the talk in the media and fans forums surely the yams will confirm today if the game is on or off.

For travelling fans / local fans and everyone working on the day you would think they will announce the outcome.

If they don’t - then they are an even bigger shambles of a club than one can imagine.

If they postpone the game last minute then they should face severe consequences for not being able to find a venue to host a game as planned atthe start of the season. If they blame it on health and safety and get away with it - it’s another sign of Scottish Football being run by muppets.

It seems they will host on Sunday but I can imagine many teething problems (turnstiles for example as we found with new system when implemented). They are desperate to get people inside to try make some money back (plus they don’t have a plan B).

Overall they remain such an amateur club and even spending £14 million can’t fund class. Can’t wait till they realise they won’t get over 20,000 and still have a funding gap to sort in the near future which will affect the already dire playing squad.

Gettin' Auld
15-11-2017, 08:35 AM

Surprised to see Freddie Garrity watching the yams.... :)

jacomo
15-11-2017, 08:38 AM
It's like one of those grand designs where some pompous battleaxe decides that because she has run a succcessfull business selling snow to the eskimos that she can run a complicated construction project without bothering to pay for an architect, a QS and a project manager and we all sit around laughing as Kevin McCloud* climbs through the shell of the building, half buried in snow and long abandoned since the owner fell out with the contractor, ran out of money and forgot to order the windows...

:agree:

Seeing as it's basically a copy of their Wheatfield stand with a very basic office block tacked on the back of it, they probably thought it would be easy.

The Basic Stand for Basic People.

FilipinoHibs
15-11-2017, 09:20 AM
I would expect a statement today. Usually they are published around 11am or 5pm.

With all the talk in the media and fans forums surely the yams will confirm today if the game is on or off.

For travelling fans / local fans and everyone working on the day you would think they will announce the outcome.

If they don’t - then they are an even bigger shambles of a club than one can imagine.

If they postpone the game last minute then they should face severe consequences for not being able to find a venue to host a game as planned atthe start of the season. If they blame it on health and safety and get away with it - it’s another sign of Scottish Football being run by muppets.

It seems they will host on Sunday but I can imagine many teething problems (turnstiles for example as we found with new system when implemented). They are desperate to get people inside to try make some money back (plus they don’t have a plan B).

Overall they remain such an amateur club and even spending £14 million can’t fund class. Can’t wait till they realise they won’t get over 20,000 and still have a funding gap to sort in the near future which will affect the already dire playing squad.

They have council inspectors on standby for Saturday according to the news. Ridiculous on fabscand Thistle. They should have final inspection today. To give everybody sufficient notice.

hibbymac
15-11-2017, 09:20 AM

They should be made to play the game using the 3 stands only, honouring the tickets for these stands, including the away fans, and refund ticket holders for the new stand.

It would cost them money but, tough, it's a situation of their own making.

Hibs4185
15-11-2017, 09:30 AM
I've said before on this thread that for a living I buy and sell properties. I have a property on sale just now in Edinburgh that has had 2 offers fall through on. The reason is purely and simply City of Edinburgh Council.

every lawyer, surveyor, architect and property professional knows the council planning and building standards are in meltdown. Short staffed and far too much work.

i know a guy who's building warrant has been shipped out to Argyll & Bute council. So if they need to have a meeting with their Building Standards Officer they need to go through there.

i have been waiting 14 months for a building warrant. Was told to start work before it was in place. Now I have been waiting 6 months for warrant sign off and now I'm told 2-3 months for a site visit.

How on earth the council have the resources to be on site several days this week and advise hearts is disgusting.

SirDavidsNapper
15-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Let them play the game at Easter Road. £500k should cover it

Alan62
15-11-2017, 09:38 AM
The creative approach taken by The Herald almost makes the AB Arena look good. :na na:

ian cruise
15-11-2017, 09:43 AM
The creative approach taken by The Herald almost makes the AB Arena look good. :na na:

I actually think that makes it look worse, if possible! As others have said, the stand will be functional and was much needed, the main reason we're all getting so much amusement out of it is down to their incessant need to try make it seem more than it is with the statements every two minutes and all the bluster that came with its announcement.

Alan62
15-11-2017, 09:43 AM

Actually, that's not such a bad idea. Huge embarrassment for them and some unexpected rental income for us. The game would go ahead and everyone would be happy. Their fans would also have the opportunity to closely compare our high quality football stadium before moving back to their place and they'd actually be able to accommodate a crowd of over 20,000 for the last time until they rent Murrayfield again. Win-Win if you ask me.

Alan62
15-11-2017, 09:45 AM
I actually think that makes it look worse, if possible! As others have said, the stand will be functional and was much needed, the main reason we're all getting so much amusement out of it is down to their incessant need to try make it seem more than it is with the statements every two minutes and all the bluster that came with its announcement.

The fish eye perspective makes the 'office block' look like it's part of the stadium and you could imagine that it was some kind of steel and glass bowl-shaped, purpose built affair rather than just a bunch of temporary stands with an ugly, boxy office block stuck on one side.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 09:50 AM
I've said before on this thread that for a living I buy and sell properties. I have a property on sale just now in Edinburgh that has had 2 offers fall through on. The reason is purely and simply City of Edinburgh Council.

every lawyer, surveyor, architect and property professional knows the council planning and building standards are in meltdown. Short staffed and far too much work.

i know a guy who's building warrant has been shipped out to Argyll & Bute council. So if they need to have a meeting with their Building Standards Officer they need to go through there.

i have been waiting 14 months for a building warrant. Was told to start work before it was in place. Now I have been waiting 6 months for warrant sign off and now I'm told 2-3 months for a site visit.

How on earth the council have the resources to be on site several days this week and advise hearts is disgusting.

I have a good friend in the same game. Let's just say his experiences are similar to yours. He says they are actually costing him and his businesses money. Being cynical I asked for examples, sadly it's true.

How can they do it for Hearts? I guess the answer lies somewhere in the mindset that says it's okay to let them accrue tens of thousands of business tax debts and do nothing to diligently pursue it.

You know why they need all that corporate entertainment space in the school view lounge.

--------
15-11-2017, 09:52 AM

I'm sure the morons think that's what it actually looks like.

Drink enough Buckfast, and it probably does ....

LithgaeHibby
15-11-2017, 09:53 AM

Nah, let them keep their "dirty protests" to their own cess-pit.

Alan62
15-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Obviously, they'd have to pay for any damage. That would be in the hire contract.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 10:01 AM

The usual nauseating stuff from allisbarry, attempting to portray this fiasco as some sort of heroic battle against the odds by Hearts. Pathetic.

A couple of points from this story:

"COUNCIL chiefs in Edinburgh say they will make safety officers available throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday..."

Given the flak the council take over spending cuts, health and social care, parking, leisure facilties, education, bin collections, potholes etc does it not seem like skewed priorities to devote such resources to ensuring a shambolic football stand project gets over the line?!

"All concerned remain hopeful work will be completed in time and a temporary certificate granted to allow the match to go ahead as planned."

Maybe somebody in the trade will oblige with some info, but what is a 'temporary' certificate? I didn't realise there were halfway house measures when it comes to safety ie 'it'll do for now but it's not permanently safe'. Surely it conforms to safety regulations or it doesn't?

jacomo
15-11-2017, 10:09 AM
If the game gets postponed, more embarrassment for Budgie.

But probably a better outcome for her than letting the media etc see their half-finished Basic stand up close.

MONKEY'S ERSE
15-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Re HIBS 4185 & BOSTON HIBBY'S POSTS ( #7584 /#7590) I run a home improvements company and can echo exactly what they have said; trying to get any kind of action from EDC is an absolute farce on Building Warrants / Planning / Visits / Inspections / Replies etc- by far the worst in the country. The Argyll & Bute thing is correct and I was told this week that Aberdeen council are now dealing with some things too plus Housing officers are being sent out to jobs,returning to the offices and saying "Not our department" which is adding to the delays. Yet, Hearts get to start the work without a BW in place ( remember that one,guys?) and now "Officers are in place to help" . I wish the rest of us could get that kind of service-amazing what happens when there is contacts around,eh?

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Pantomime season starts early at tiny-castle

Hilarious stuff.

oneone73
15-11-2017, 10:26 AM

A few papers have that pic. Supplied by our pink chums I would guess.

Hibs4185
15-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Re HIBS 4185 & BOSTON HIBBY'S POSTS ( #7584 /#7590) I run a home improvements company and can echo exactly what they have said; trying to get any kind of action from EDC is an absolute farce on Building Warrants / Planning / Visits / Inspections / Replies etc- by far the worst in the country. The Argyll & Bute thing is correct and I was told this week that Aberdeen council are now dealing with some things too plus Housing officers are being sent out to jobs,returning to the offices and saying "Not our department" which is adding to the delays. Yet, Hearts get to start the work without a BW in place ( remember that one,guys?) and now "Officers are in place to help" . I wish the rest of us could get that kind of service-amazing what happens when there is contacts around,eh?

My building standards officer is part time and he seems to be on holiday an awful lot. Eventually after visiting a councillor and the threat of legal action my warrant was signed off.

I would like like to say that it isn't the staff's fault as they don't determine budgets but they all seem to be on a go slow-possibly due to the working conditions they are facing.

Funnily enough they have shifted resources to planning to meet targets so I have had pretty good experiences with planning recently but the building standards department is not fit for purpose.

Given my hibs persuasion and my experiences with the Council it drives me mad to hear that officers are available all week to sign off their **** heap.

CapitalGreen
15-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Even if the game goes ahead on Sunday they have done a great job of winding up their opponents. Partick are going to be well fired up for the game and hopefully ruin the party.

Geo_1875
15-11-2017, 10:39 AM

Looks like Livingston Designer Outlet with a hertz badge stuck on it.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 10:40 AM
I bet the council is bending over backwards

And they're still peddling the 20k capacity nonsense

Not to mention the '£12 million' cost.

Costs, I think it would be fair to say, have rocketed since that figure was bandied about in August. Overtime payments alone must be sky high.

Oscar T Grouch
15-11-2017, 10:42 AM
My building standards officer is part time and he seems to be on holiday an awful lot. Eventually after visiting a councillor and the threat of legal action my warrant was signed off.

I would like like to say that it isn't the staff's fault as they don't determine budgets but they all seem to be on a go slow-possibly due to the working conditions they are facing.

Funnily enough they have shifted resources to planning to meet targets so I have had pretty good experiences with planning recently but the building standards department is not fit for purpose.

Given my hibs persuasion and my experiences with the Council it drives me mad to hear that officers are available all week to sign off their **** heap.

You guys should go to your MP and MSPs about this, the council are giving hearts priority over normal working folk then this has to be looked at and your MP is the best placed to do this for you. Hearts are just another company trying to finish a building project and they certainly shouldn't get priority over anyone else in the city.

Geo_1875
15-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Not to mention the '£12 million' cost.

Costs, I think it would be fair to say, have rocketed since that figure was bandied about in August. Overtime payments alone must be sky high.

You're just trying to confuse them with numbers. Easily done.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Looks like Livingston Designer Outlet with a hertz badge stuck on it.

It just needs a wee photoshopped badge ...

https://www.yell.com/static/image/79ba77f4-c6d2-469f-8133-7ed453ff17fc_image_jpeg

Iain G
15-11-2017, 10:50 AM
A few papers have that pic. Supplied by our pink chums I would guess.

I would be embarrassed to take / issue that photo, it's so dull, unfinished and boring that we need to use a fisheye lens to warp and distort it to give it some kind of interest...

GreenCastle
15-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Even if the game goes ahead on Sunday they have done a great job of winding up their opponents. Partick are going to be well fired up for the game and hopefully ruin the party.

I don't think they are planning a party! They are in a relegation battle and the mood is sour with the yams right now. All you need to do is read their message boards to see the infighting and frustration as they realise they are crap.

Winston Ingram
15-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Kickback is comedy gold right now:greengrin

BonnieFitbaTeam
15-11-2017, 11:22 AM
You guys should go to your MP and MSPs about this, the council are giving hearts priority over normal working folk then this has to be looked at and your MP is the best placed to do this for you. Hearts are just another company trying to finish a building project and they certainly shouldn't get priority over anyone else in the city.

As long as neither of them is in Edinburgh South :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
15-11-2017, 11:31 AM
This thread used to be good fun but it’s all gone a bit weird recently!

Skol
15-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Playing in front of three stands is not currently possible as there is no safe access to the away end or safe use of the emergency exit from the new stand. Looks tight but doable just to finish that bit.

If they don't get approval then It should be played behind closed doors

Sammy7nil
15-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Rain
30mph Winds

Lovely

Not in Edinburgh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Cash upfront

Pete
15-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Cash upfront

🤣

hibsforeurope
15-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Hibs should stir the boat a bit and publicly offer use of Easter Road to host the game.

Keith_M
15-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Yet another puff piece in today's Evening News, trying to make out everything's going swimmingly.

Don't they ever get embarrassed printing this stuff?

NAE NOOKIE
15-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Hibs should stir the boat a bit and publicly offer use of Easter Road to host the game.

Probably too late now ... I would imagine it takes about a week to organise corporate facilities and none of the turnstiles would work with Yam tickets, as I understand it only the new supermega stand at the PBS will use scan tickets anyway. meaning you would need turnstile operators.

It would have been funny though :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2017, 12:17 PM

If you can get a hold of todays Evening News and have a look at "From The Deputy Editor" on page 3, equally high levels of arse licking.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2017, 12:20 PM
I kinda hope their goes ahead on Sunday, and Thistle pump them!

truehibernian
15-11-2017, 12:27 PM

With you on that Billy - they are on a run of poor form and poor results so long may that continue :aok: add into that players like Laugherty and Hughes are coming back from a painful international exit.

PatHead
15-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Would love it if they were forced to play it behind closed doors. Absolutely no reason why not.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2017, 12:39 PM

All of that plus a couple of H&S issues arise to create some legal issues.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 12:48 PM
All of that plus a couple of H&S issues arise to create some legal issues.

Game gets 11th hour go-ahead on Saturday evening to mass yam rejoicing, only for a catastrophic structural fault to bring down the roof of the new stand overnight, dragging with it the roofs of the adjoining stands and rendering Tynecastle little more than a heap of smoking rubble.

All without injury to a single person I should add.

KeithTheHibby
15-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Yet another puff piece in today's Evening News, trying to make out everything's going swimmingly.

That fanny Banderson is an embarrassment to journalism. He has been spoon fed this **** from Tynecastle for years now.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 12:57 PM
That fanny Banderson is an embarrassment to journalism. He has been spoon fed this **** from Tynecastle for years now.

God knows how he gets away with it like.

bingo70
15-11-2017, 01:03 PM
God knows how he gets away with it like.

I'm sure it's a problem reporters of all local papers have to deal with.

If he was to come out and be honest it would destroy his relationship with the club and for him to have a job he needs to have a good working relationship with them. On top of that the vast majority of his readers are Hearts fans, do you think they would thank him for being negative about their club?

I'm not saying he'll be up for winning any awards soon but it's not quite as simple as some suggest.

If it's a good objective piece of journalism you're looking for then don't read local papers.

CapitalGreen
15-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Not in Edinburgh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

Depends on your source
https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/edinburgh/eh1-3/daily-weather-forecast/327336?day=5

southsider
15-11-2017, 01:09 PM

All this is very, very unfair on Partick Thistle. They should demand to know at least 36 hours before the scheduled kick-off. How can they possibly prepare properly for a fixture which, in all likelihood, is not going to be played.

G B Young
15-11-2017, 01:24 PM

If he was to come out and be honest it would destroy his relationship with the club and for him to have a job he needs to have a good working relationship with them. On top of that the vast majority of his readers are Hearts fans, do you think they would thank him for being negative about their club?

I'm not saying he'll be up for winning any awards soon but it's not quite as simple as some suggest.

If it's a good objective piece of journalism you're looking for then don't read local papers.

I agree to an extent, but by the same token the club shouldn't see the Evening News as a free platform for positive publicity. Previous 'Hearts' reporters at the News were nothing like as compliant as allisbarry. I don't know if David Hardie still covers the Hibs beat, but from what I recall he used to get the balance about right between establishing a decent working relationship with the club and being critical when it was merited.

Do all Hearts supporters REALLY lap up the sort of perfumed prose allisbarry puts out? Judging by some of the more tunnel vision posters on kickback I guess a good many do, but you'd think at least some would want to read something a bit more insightful than sugar-coated copy spoon fed direct from the club's PR.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 01:30 PM
All this is very, very unfair on Partick Thistle. They should demand to know at least 36 hours before the scheduled kick-off. How can they possibly prepare properly for a fixture which, in all likelihood, is not going to be played.Yep, once again the fans right at the bottom of the pile when the suits do their behind the scenes deals. The yam won't care who they stand on along the way.

Smartie
15-11-2017, 01:33 PM

Banderson hero-worships Craig Levein and Gary MacKay and presumably thinks that actually winning things is over-rated anyway.

jacomo
15-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Banderson doesn't deserve to be called a journalist. His output is laughable.

I understand your wider point but there is no need to be so subservient.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 01:59 PM

True and agree with what you post but whys the papaers editor letting him post such guff day after day after day? The whole things a shambles yet it's appearing to be super on scheduled amazing stadium competition when it's a tin pot stand that parallels out east imo

bingo70
15-11-2017, 02:07 PM
True and agree with what you post but whys the papaers editor letting him post such guff day after day after day? The whole things a shambles yet it's appearing to be super on scheduled amazing stadium competition when it's a tin pot stand that parallels out east imo

Because he'll be doing so upon the Editors instructions.

If Bazza was to write the truth the hierarchy at the club wouldn't call Barry, they'd be on the phone to the editors and their bosses.

Plus it comes back to the average EEN buying yam laps up this guff so nobody would benefit from a really honest story about it being a complete shambles from start to finish.

I'm not saying that's right, imo that's just the way of the world and the local press now though.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-11-2017, 02:16 PM
If Bazza was to write the truth the hierarchy at the club wouldn't call Barry, they'd be on the phone to the editors and their bosses.

Hearts would probably phone hibs first to complain, then marathon bet before realeasing a wonderfully unifying statement.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Plus it comes back to the average EEN buying yam laps up this guff so nobody would benefit from a really honest story about it being a complete shambles from start to finish.

I'm not saying that's right, imo that's just the way of the world and the local press now though.

Fair dos. Gets my goat shoved down our throats daily mind.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2017, 02:35 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171115/01f86cc27557a482bbe9d126337e728b.jpg
About an hour ago. Still not finished the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
15-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Why have they got red windows?

jacomo
15-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Phase 2. Obviously

Big Team building projects don't worry about completing the outer shell first before moving on to fit out.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Why have they got red windows?Special relationship with Aberdeen?

Winston Ingram
15-11-2017, 02:49 PM

I thought that was some Rubiks Cube themed soft play area:confused:

Deansy
15-11-2017, 02:55 PM

They've told their windae-lickers they're strawberry-flavoured - it's a smart move by Hearts as it makes sure their windaes get cleaned every game !

green day
15-11-2017, 03:04 PM

There was something on AllisBarry column in EEN today saying that they have confirmed that the "Project" will not be complete until Summer 2018 !

So, even if they are in on Sunday, its going to be a total cowp for several months - FFS its not the sistine chapel, its a friggin fitba stand !!!

greenginger
15-11-2017, 03:25 PM
I was speaking with one of the site supervisor chaps about an hour ago.

He told me it was still touch and go , whether the match was on ,on Sunday , but it would not be with lack of effort from everyone on site and they were all getting a bit peed off with all the criticism .

He went on to tell me of another problem that had just arisen. Seems the 2 cherry-pickers they have been using pitch side can't get out of the emergency vehicle exit as they are too high.

I asked if it was a case of dismantling the machines or bringing in a large mobile crane.

He said they were trying to work that one out . :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
15-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Is it true most of the so called "inspectors on stand-by" are currently committed to making sure a greater priority is dealt with first. The Edinburgh Christmas Festival is scheduled to open on Friday and the sites are currently a shambles with CEC yellow jackets crawling over the various locations

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 03:34 PM
They've told their windae-lickers they're strawberry-flavoured - it's a smart move by Hearts as it makes sure their windaes get cleaned every game ![emoji23]

Clerie Green
15-11-2017, 03:37 PM
They’ve booked their staff Christmas part in the Big Function Hall in the new stand !
For next YEAR! :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

Clerie Green
15-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Party ffs :wink::wink:

jacomo
15-11-2017, 03:38 PM

He told me it was still touch and go , whether the match was on ,on Sunday , but it would not be with lack of effort from everyone on site and they were all getting a bit peed off with all the criticism .

He went on to tell me of another problem that had just arisen. Seems the 2 cherry-pickers they have been using pitch side can't get out of the emergency vehicle exit as they are too high.

I asked if it was a case of dismantling the machines or bringing in a large mobile crane.

I thought Levein was going to play them up front?

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 03:50 PM
I thought Levein was going to play them up front?They've already got an immobile vertically ineffective lump that they can't get rid of and costs a fortune for very little return up front so don't see the point of another two.

SirDavidsNapper
15-11-2017, 03:54 PM
It grinds my gears them constantly calling it Tynecastle Park. It's Tynecastle! Stadium/park or ****hole it's Tynecastle ffs the same as Easter Road is Easter Road!

Hibbyradge
15-11-2017, 03:56 PM

I agree with both of your posts.

car1973
15-11-2017, 04:29 PM
https://provieroadpod.com/2017/11/12/hultoon-herald-budge-fing-sick-of-cing-stand/amp/

JohnMcM
15-11-2017, 04:35 PM

They are not windows you silly thing you.

They are uniquely coloured ocular assistance viewing aids.

There are no others like them in the whole wide world, and if there ever should be, they would be inferior ones.

JohnMcM
15-11-2017, 04:40 PM

If this turns out to be accurate, I will not need any other Christmas pressies this year.

Ringothedog
15-11-2017, 04:47 PM
It grinds my gears them constantly calling it Tynecastle Park. It's Tynecastle! Stadium/park or ****hole it's Tynecastle ffs the same as Easter Road is Easter Road!

We should change ours to Hibernian Park

hibbyfraelibby
15-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Budge will order them left where they are and with his defensive problems Potter will use one to park in front of goal and play the other one up front fully extended to try and make contact with the hoofballs from Berra that Laughter cannot reach.

brianmc
15-11-2017, 04:50 PM
https://provieroadpod.com/2017/11/12/hultoon-herald-budge-fing-sick-of-cing-stand/amp/

:not worth:not worth:not worth

southern hibby
15-11-2017, 04:50 PM

Just spoke to my father about it getting called Tynecastle park as that's what he's always called it and he said it's always been known as that but got called tynie for short.

I did my taxi exam in May 2014 and studied with one of the Taxi knowledge company's in Edinburgh and they were teaching it as Tynecastle Park incase it came up in a question.

I would probably assume that the council would want the official name for it on the test, but being Edinburgh Council who know's?

GGTTH

-Jonesy-
15-11-2017, 05:09 PM

“We only went ahead with the stand cos Hibs finished their ground. And there’s Leeann Dempster with her WhatsApp messages. The last one was just 200 seat emojis then a crying with laughter face. Cow.

😂😂😂

G B Young
15-11-2017, 05:11 PM

If slavishly accepting everything Hearts tell them as gospel is Evening News editorial policy then fans are as well checking the match programme or the club website for their info rather than looking for anything more insightful from their local paper.

I noticed while passing the newspaper display in the supermarket today that allisbarry's latest on the Hearts stand is actually the front page story - in which case it becomes a news story and as such the somewhat looser criteria which applies to sports stories don't apply here. Objectivity is required, yet here the News simply continues to parrot the '20,000 capacity' and '£12 million cost' lines without a quibble. Yes, it may seem like nit picking to bang on about the capacity but when it's clear that Hearts are unwilling or unable to commit to an accurate figure it's a fair question to ask. As for the costs, any journalist should surely be savvy enough to calculate that with two delays having followed since Budge said costs had risen to £12m back in August that the figure can't fail to have escalated.

No, the stand isn't being funded by the tax payer like Edinburgh's trams fiasco or the Scottish Parliament saga but it IS, as far as I'm aware, being built on the back of Foundation of Hearts funds so the club should be answerable to some harder hitting questions about why this has turned into such a fiasco than anything allisbarry is prepared to put to them.

My guess is that the News are all but sure the stand will scrape over the line for Sunday and by building up the supposed 'suspense' all week they want to emblazon their front page on Saturday with a celebratory 'Game On!' story. Hence the lack of any real criticism of Hearts.

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 05:21 PM

If it was called Tynecastle Park in 1914, which it was, then out of respect for the fallen everyone should still call it that. Would you rather be speaking German?

macca70
15-11-2017, 05:35 PM

To resemble poppies and their affiliation with Macraes Batallion/the war which they seem to think they were the only football club affected by.

Baw187
15-11-2017, 05:37 PM
If it was called Tynecastle Park in 1914, which it was, then out of respect for the fallen everyone should still call it that. Would you rather be speaking German?

I appreciate it was called Tyncastle Park before but what has that got to do with the war? I’m assuming that’s what your refer to when you mention the fallen and speaking German.

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 05:39 PM
I appreciate it was called Tyncastle Park before but what has that got to do with the war? I’m assuming that’s what your refer to when you mention the fallen and speaking German.
Hearts traditions are very, very important. The free world depends on them.

Baw187
15-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Hearts traditions are very, very important. The free world depends on them.

[emoji23][emoji23]

SirDavidsNapper
15-11-2017, 05:50 PM

That's actually an improvement on their new stand

bawheid
15-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Wow, that latest pic is a thing of beauty. I take back all I’ve said about the new stand.

WeveGotMcginn
15-11-2017, 05:55 PM
They've told their windae-lickers they're strawberry-flavoured - it's a smart move by Hearts as it makes sure their windaes get cleaned every game !

[emoji23][emoji23]

green day
15-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Ahhh, memories of that entrance when it was the away end, leaving the match with the terracing running with piss as the toilets were like something out a shanty town.

New stand looks like its keeping these traditions alive

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Wow, that latest pic is a thing of beauty. I take back all I’ve said about the new stand.

Drs Budge has got the punctuation wrong, mind (another Hearts tradition). It should be either "PLC" or "P.L.C." "PLC." doesn't make any sense at all. :nerd:

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Ahhh, memories of that entrance when it was the away end, leaving the match with the terracing running with piss as the toilets were like something out a shanty town.

"Beware of Pickpockets." Yet the simple fans still don't.

Keith_M
15-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Zu spät!

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 06:02 PM
"Beware of Pickpockets." Yet the simple fans still don't.

Advert for the share issue.

Deansy
15-11-2017, 06:29 PM

I get the bit about his relationship with them but where's the balance - where's the 'journalist' who waxes lyrical about everything Hibs-related* ??. It's meant to be a 'local paper' but only caters for the one club - one club who's actions caused local business-closures/job-losses/embarrasment in Ednburgh and all of it quite recently !

* Tbh - I wouldn't like a Hibs version of 'All-is' - I'd find it really embarassing, and in truth that sort of 'journalism' really taps into their collective-mentality !

Seveno
15-11-2017, 06:39 PM
What happened to Budge’s ‘three weeks of testing’. I think she must be a graduate of Trump University.

WoreTheGreen
15-11-2017, 06:41 PM
👌👌👌

Alan62
15-11-2017, 06:45 PM
David Hardie isn’t a mouthpiece like Allisbarry because he sees the job differently - often to the annoyance of his employers who seem to prefer the Barry love in.

I'm_cabbaged
15-11-2017, 06:46 PM
👌👌👌

Ok what?

Ronniekirk
15-11-2017, 06:47 PM
On the news though here in the West Clearly saying it looks like work will continue till Sunday and a decision made then if it gets go ahead So talk of it going down to the wire may be right
You have to assume that they will at Least be given a temporary safety certificate unless there is a problem with those cherry pickers

tamig
15-11-2017, 07:00 PM

I mentioned a while back that I couldn’t see how they were going to get some of the machinery out the Roseburn end as soon as they started putting the tunnel and lower decking into that side of the stand. Glad it’s become an issue. Excellent news GG.

gaz1875
15-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Game gets 11th hour go-ahead on Saturday evening to mass yam rejoicing, only for a catastrophic structural fault to bring down the roof of the new stand overnight, dragging with it the roofs of the adjoining stands and rendering Tynecastle little more than a heap of smoking rubble.

All without injury to a single person I should add.

I couldn't have put this any better :devil: :faf:

Skol
15-11-2017, 07:10 PM
The latest picture shows little ;progress with safe access to the away stand / emergency exit from the home stand or a perimeter fence around the turnstyle block. Doable in 2 days but helluva last minute !

The Pointer
15-11-2017, 07:12 PM
I've been told by a Jambo that, realising it won't be ready for Sunday, the next deadline is for the Motherwell game next month - and that the SFA are looking to play a friendly against Morrocco in the new year! (Oh ma sides!)

Can someone confirm whether or not the ground will be UEFA compliant?

jgl07
15-11-2017, 07:13 PM
On the news though here in the West Clearly saying it looks like work will continue till Sunday and a decision made then if it gets go ahead So talk of it going down to the wire may be right
You have to assume that they will at Least be given a temporary safety certificate unless there is a problem with those cherry pickers

Keep the cherry pickers where they are. Hearts have been cherry picking which rules they abide by and which they ignore.

1van Sprou7e
15-11-2017, 07:15 PM
I've been told by a Jambo that, realising it won't be ready for Sunday, the next deadline is for the Motherwell game next month - and that the SFA are looking to play a friendly against Morrocco in the new year! (Oh ma sides!)

Not sure if this is correct but I don't think it will be, due to the pitch size

I think it'll be fine for friendlies though

The Pointer
15-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Cheers but I thought it was due to the proximity of the stands to the touchline.

Could be wrong though.

tamig
15-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Cheers but I thought it was due to the proximity of the stands to the touchline.

Could be wrong though.

The too short run off areas is one reason but the pitch is also too wee.

jgl07
15-11-2017, 07:24 PM

It is not and can never be fully UEFA complaint without demolishing the whole thing and starting from scratch.

They rely on annual dispensations to play top division SPFL matches. It can be used to qualifying rounds for the Champions League/Europa Qualifying Rounds. It cannot stage matches in the Group Stages and Knockout Stages (R16/R32 onwards) and maybe not the Playoff Round Matches (that is between the Qualifying Rounds and the Group Stages).

I would assume it can stage International Friendly Matches but not UEFA European Championship Qualifiers.

I do not know what the status of the forthcoming UEFA Nations League. This will largely replace International Friendlies from September 2018 onwards?

green is good
15-11-2017, 07:30 PM
If they had just played their game against Partick earlier in the season at Murrayfield they wouldn't have to be scrambling around trying to get the world class mega stand finished to the bare minimum standard for Sunday.

hibbyfraelibby
15-11-2017, 07:30 PM

It doesnt have to be for a friendly but for a proper UEFA or FIFA match their new stand lacks badic facilities to get a level 2 rating even without the pitch issue whereas ER complies to L3 standard

Famous Fiver
15-11-2017, 07:35 PM
3 simple questions for the Jambo lurker hordes on here.

1) When will the new stand be ready?
2) What will the new ground capacity be?
3) What is the cost?

I think we should be told.

MyJo
15-11-2017, 07:38 PM

3) What is the cost?

Dr Budge doesn't even know the answer to any of those questions.

HoboHarry
15-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Dr Budge doesn't even know the answer to any of those questions.
Craig Levein does but he's too feartie tae tell her in case he gets a kick in the yaks........

Ringothedog
15-11-2017, 07:47 PM

1) When will the new stand be ready? Sometime in the future
2) What will the new ground capacity be? Who cares Hobo 1-5 ya bass
3) What is the cost? Doesn't matter because it will take us to the next level ya jealous hobo

I have put their standard answers next to your questions, they are such a sanctimonious, gullible,ugly,smelly,vile,minging,6 fingered, webbed footed shower of tosspots who believe anything that they are told. Idiots the lot of them.

Skol
15-11-2017, 07:49 PM

3) What is the cost?

1) Soon
2) More than it used to be
3) More than we estimated.

Whats your problem?

Nicho87
15-11-2017, 07:50 PM
19499 roasters sitting with hard hats on Sunday. Craig Levein doesnt need one though.

jacomo
15-11-2017, 07:56 PM

3) What is the cost?

The lurkers are here trying to find out themselves.

As usual, Hibs.net is your reliable source for information. Anyone who thought this stand would be ready in September just wasn't paying attention!

HFCdeb
15-11-2017, 08:10 PM

Brilliant 😂👏

jonty
15-11-2017, 08:11 PM

“We only went ahead with the stand cos Hibs finished their ground. And there’s Leeann Dempster with her WhatsApp messages. The last one was just 200 seat emojis then a crying with laughter face. Cow.

scoopyboy
15-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Partick Thistle should be approaching the SPFL for clarification regarding the fixture.

Surely there has to be a cut off point where if there is no certificate then the game is off.

Shambles but the SPFL have the power to nip it in the bud.

Springbank
15-11-2017, 08:19 PM
There's a story from Brazilian club football that .net firebrand The Green Goblin once told me. Hearts fans take note..
A club in Brazil, noted for its hubris and superiority complex, called Associação Portuguesa Londrinense, built a new stadium in 1950.
A ground breaking design, the club crowed and crowed about how much better it would be than any other Brazilian ground.
It was eventually completed as an atmospheric bowl of a ground
Only one problem remained...they had completed the stadium but left a tractor on the pitch and couldn't get it out the stadium.
Their solution.. they buried it underneath the centre circle.

Don't know about you but I can't see any similarities with our gorgie chums there, can you 😊

B.H.F.C
15-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Partick Thistle should be approaching the SPFL for clarification regarding the fixture.

Surely there has to be a cut off point where if there is no certificate then the game is off.

That's a very reasonable point. However, the one flaw is that it's the SPFL we're talking about here. They'll simply be sitting back and hoping for the best.

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 08:29 PM

Could be wrong though.

Their stand is a **** tip with no corporate facilities until the summer at the least. No danger Scotland will be playing a friendly there.

Winston Ingram
15-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Only in Scotland...

Firestarter
15-11-2017, 08:35 PM
That's a very reasonable point. However, the one flaw is that it's the SPFL we're talking about here. They'll simply be sitting back and hoping for the best.

Budge is on the board as is the hun boy. Great timing for the scam.

Say the stand will be ready by September, get the season ticket money in and get the spfl to make the first fixtures away from home with a postponement.

Say the stand is running late due to some seats pish, go to Murrayfield and play the Huns and Aberdeen to recoup any losses whilst making a profit and not losing money playing under 3 stands.

Just happens to be ready right before Murrayfield can't be used anymore but give it a big push for the Killie game but switch at the last minute because they are still trying.

Nowhere to go against Patrick who already switched the original match? Leave it until the last minute and said we really tried and get the game postponed.

They really have everyone convicted too. Actual ludicrous when you look at it.

alhibby
15-11-2017, 08:36 PM

Absolutely correct, Partick fans have buses to organise, train tickets, car pick ups etc, grossly unfair on them to be left in Limbo at this late stage

Bostonhibby
15-11-2017, 08:36 PM
There's a story from Brazilian club football that .net firebrand The Green Goblin once told me. Hearts fans take note..
A club in Brazil, noted for its hubris and superiority complex, called Associação Portuguesa Londrinense, built a new stadium in 1950.
A ground breaking design, the club crowed and crowed about how much better it would be than any other Brazilian ground.
Only one problem remained...they had completed the stadium but left a tractor on the pitch and couldn't get it out the stadium.

Don't know about you but I can't see any similarities with our gorgie chums there, can you [emoji4]So they're going to bury the police control box, the pylon and the tea trolley press desks in the underground dug outs?

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 08:39 PM
If this turns out to be accurate, I will not need any other Christmas pressies this year.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 08:45 PM

Remember that from my first ‘visit’

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Even after a 0-7 drubbing?

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 08:48 PM
I get the bit about his relationship with them but where's the balance - where's the 'journalist' who waxes lyrical about everything Hibs-related* ??. It's meant to be a 'local paper' but only caters for the one club - one club who's actions caused local business-closures/job-losses/embarrasment in Ednburgh and all of it quite recently !

* Tbh - I wouldn't like a Hibs version of 'All-is' - I'd find it really embarassing, and in truth that sort of 'journalism' really taps into their collective-mentality !

This, all of it!

macca70
15-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me if they are delaying announcing it will go ahead, just to upset Partick.

Hearts players could easily have been told it is 100% goining ahead whereas it’s massively unsettling for Partick not knowing if they are playing or not.

They should be made to make an official announcement on Thursday, not fair on Partick and surely there needs to be Policing, Stewarding etc in place.

They are a shambles, I can’t see how this game can be going ahead and they should be hammered for calling it off so late and not having a contingency plan.

Mainstandman
15-11-2017, 08:55 PM

Got to pull you up on that speaking German thing. You may not have noticed that they don't speak English in Germany despite losing

lapsedhibee
15-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Got to pull you up on that speaking German thing. You may not have noticed that they don't speak English in Germany despite losing
That's because the yams were far too soft on Germany at Versailles, and didn't insist on English being the required language throughout Europe. If things had gone the other way, we'd be speaking Doitch all right!

SuperAllyMcleod
15-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Don't know about you but I can't see any similarities with our gorgie chums there, can you [emoji4]

The other story from Brazil is Chapecoense who were fined by the authorities for not fulfilling the final fixture of the season - despite the reason being 19 players died in a plane crash.

They had no control over the circumstances, unlike the Yams, who should be fined heavily if this is postponed at the last minute.

Of course, the later they cancel the more it will cost them for their own costs - programmes, catering, etc.

HoboHarry
15-11-2017, 09:27 PM
The yams wouldn't bury the cherry pickers nuh huh....... they'll tell their idiot support that they are the new homes for all of those daft owls they sold and for a mere 50 pounds recurring monthly payment they can rent a space on them........

Nakedmanoncrack
15-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Was in Gorgie this afternoon so had a first look at the glass curtained masterpiece - what a carbunkle, frankly awful!

60 North
15-11-2017, 09:37 PM
The yams wouldn't bury the cherry pickers nuh huh....... they'll tell their idiot support that they are the new homes for all of those daft owls they sold and for a mere 50 pounds recurring monthly payment they can rent a space on them........
There is another option for the cherry pickers....how many extra seats could they fit on each one??

Joe6-2
15-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Was in Gorgie this afternoon so had a first look at the glass curtained masterpiece - what a carbunkle, frankly awful!

You’re just saying that! 😂

Carheenlea
15-11-2017, 09:55 PM
What is quite exciting about all this is where this incredible stadium with the world renowned atmosphere will sit in the league table of Scottish footballing arenas once the new capacity is revealed.
Currently sitting in 7th place with Meadowbank breathing down it's neck, but the added capacity should put a bit of daylight between the Edinburgh rivals :

1 Celtic Park 60,832
2 Hampden Park 52,025
3 Ibrox 51,082
4 Pittodrie 20,866
5 Easter Road 20,420
6 Rugby Park. 18,128
7 Tynecastle Park 17,420
8 Meadowbank 16,500
9 Tannadice 14,209
10 Fir Park 13,742

Hibee87
15-11-2017, 10:08 PM
What is quite exciting about all this is where this incredible stadium with the world renowned atmosphere will sit in the league table of Scottish footballing arenas once the new capacity is revealed.
Currently sitting in 7th place with Meadowbank breathing down it's neck, but the added capacity should put a bit of daylight between the Edinburgh rivals :

1 Celtic Park 60,832
2 Hampden Park 52,025
3 Ibrox 51,082
4 Pittodrie 20,866
5 Easter Road 20,420
6 Rugby Park. 18,128
7 Tynecastle Park 17,420
8 Meadowbank 16,500
9 Tannadice 14,209
10 Fir Park 13,742

Meadowbank??

HoboHarry
15-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Meadowbank??
Ok then, Ferranti Thistle for you ya auld barsteward......... :greengrin

Carheenlea
15-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Meadowbank??

If Stadium database lists it as 16,500, that'll do for me.. :greengrin
http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/sco/meadowbank_stadium

monktonharp
16-11-2017, 12:13 AM

He said they were trying to work that one out . :greengrincould they not just park them at trackside with the booms up? could hold another 6 fans in each basket, as long as they are issued with harnesses:wink:

hibsfan7
16-11-2017, 12:32 AM
they could just park them in front of the police box and they would be able to put a few fans in there

jax67
16-11-2017, 03:22 AM
they could just park them in front of the police box and they would be able to put a few fans in there

If they park them in front of the goals, there’s a chance, albeit a very small one, that they could get a point on Sunday.

jgl07
16-11-2017, 05:23 AM
If they park them in front of the goals, there’s a chance, albeit a very small one, that they could get a point on Sunday.
No, they would have to move the bus first.

Jack
16-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Looks like this chips thing is catching on!

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gala-bingo-26

Iain G
16-11-2017, 07:38 AM
could they not just park them at trackside with the booms up? could hold another 6 fans in each basket, as long as they are issued with harnesses:wink:

Hang a sign around one of them stating "Castle View Lounge" and charge a fortune for four folks to go up in the air, only way you will be able to see the castle!

They need to keep the other one in case the hoofball gets stuck in the big new truss and they have to get it down :agree:

Ronniekirk
16-11-2017, 08:06 AM
I see the papers are continuing to build up the suspense I just cant see the game not going ahead
Its now just all media hype to laud them when it officially gets the go ahead
Anyone got connections with Thistle to know what they are saying about it

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2017, 08:25 AM
I see the papers are continuing to build up the suspense I just cant see the game not going ahead
Its now just all media hype to laud them when it officially gets the go ahead
Anyone got connections with Thistle to know what they are saying about it

Edinburgh based Jags fan on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EdinJag

Stuart93
16-11-2017, 08:34 AM
I can't wait for them to get into this new stand, the novelty to where off and the realisation to set in that their team on the pitch are still *****

GlesgaeHibby
16-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Pretty peculiar turnstyle arrangement. Seems bizzare that the set on the right hand side of the pic is rotated 90 degrees compared to the set on the left.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/EFEA1674-734E-4A42-A6AE-798438ACD0C4.thumb.jpeg.7c6a97de8551071a3c11e1d0f1 4ad481.jpeg

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2017, 09:03 AM
More rubbish from 'AllIs' and Biscuits!!!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/allan-preston-applaud-ann-budge-for-hearts-stand-legacy-1-4614435

McSwanky
16-11-2017, 09:29 AM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/allan-preston-applaud-ann-budge-for-hearts-stand-legacy-1-4614435

Every. ****ing. Day. There's a sooky article in that rag about them. It's not quite hit 'The Sun' proportions for me, but there isn't a snowball's I'll be buying that paper ever again.

Seething. :wink:

Deansy
16-11-2017, 09:36 AM

'That new stand is Ann Budge's legacy'

What a rotten, ungrateful wee-******* Preston is - she might've made some mistakes but there's no need for that !

“That new stand is Ann Budge’s legacy

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/allan-preston-applaud-ann-budge-for-hearts-stand-legacy-1-4614435

Alan62
16-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah, they're a bit premature in killing auld Budgie off.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 09:50 AM

What a rotten, ungrateful wee-******* Preston is - she might've made some mistakes but there's no need for that !

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/allan-preston-applaud-ann-budge-for-hearts-stand-legacy-1-4614435It's just staggering isn't it. She gets a "legacy" not a particularly impressive one granted but who actually pays for it.

The legacy really only amounts to we had loads of dilapidations to deal with and we've dealt with the one stand.

Alan62
16-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Also great to hear that Biscuits thinks that the recent work has guaranteed the next 100 years at Tynecastle. Presumably, he's factoring in some lengthy redevelopments to get the other three stands up to scratch.

Winston Ingram
16-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Also great to hear that Biscuits thinks that the recent work has guaranteed the next 100 years at Tynecastle. Presumably, he's factoring in some lengthy redevelopments to get the other three stands up to scratch.

They'll be lucky to see out another 10. They're an absolute state.

Sergio sledge
16-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Pretty peculiar turnstyle arrangement. Seems bizzare that the set on the right hand side of the pic is rotated 90 degrees compared to the set on the left.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/EFEA1674-734E-4A42-A6AE-798438ACD0C4.thumb.jpeg.7c6a97de8551071a3c11e1d0f1 4ad481.jpeg

Probably to do with egress after the game and in an emergency situation. They'll open up the doors without turnstiles at them and people will be able to move down the stairs and straight out without any turnstiles slowing them down and causing a bottleneck.

jacomo
16-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Budge's legacy is acceptance that 'The Famous' aren't even the biggest club in Edinburgh, yet alone any more fanciful notions of grandeur.

That should be quite healthy in the long run.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/allan-preston-applaud-ann-budge-for-hearts-stand-legacy-1-4614435

G B Young
16-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Couple of things:

For those who check in on kickback from time to time you'll have come across a poster called Thomaso ("by royal appointment to queen ann") who claims to be at the heart of the stand project, yet seems to have time to post updates what seems like every five minutes. Here's his latest:

Just back from a 'Breakfast talk-in' with Ann Budge in the Gorgie Suite.

She said that the Council from the top down are doing all they can to assist Hearts within the bounds of Health & Safety.

They had 6 Council Inspectors on site yesterday, and they are working with the Club to ensure there is safe access/egress for the fans. Areas and services are being signed off as they are completed and inspected on a rolling process. The Inspectors are in today and will be back tomorrow when it is hoped that late on a 'Temporary Completion Certificate' will be issued.

Anyone ever thought this guy is an 'Irvine Jambo' fantasist? If you take the time to scrutinise his posts you realise there's rarely, if anything, in them that folk couldn't work out for themselves.

Secondly, based on this pic taken today I find it hard to believe safety inspectors would even consider signing any sort of safety certificate before the weekend:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/23559899_10160167104050354_9070141105442290952_n.t humb.jpg.12dea3a31b7c50ec79d73113a87d5a2a.jpg

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 10:27 AM
To be fair to allisbarry and biscuits there's bound to be a cardigan and corduroy evening with lambrini and cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks when the one stand finally opens, so they're both just working for their ticket.

surreyhibbie
16-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Couple of things:

For those who check in on kickback from time to time you'll have come across a poster called Thomaso ("by royal appointment to queen ann") who claims to be at the heart of the stand project, yet seems to have time to post updates what seems like every five minutes. Here's his latest:

She said that the Council from the top down are doing all they can to assist Hearts within the bounds of Health & Safety.

They had 6 Council Inspectors on site yesterday, and they are working with the Club to ensure there is safe access/egress for the fans. Areas and services are being signed off as they are completed and inspected on a rolling process. The Inspectors are in today and will be back tomorrow when it is hoped that late on a 'Temporary Completion Certificate' will be issued.

Anyone ever thought this guy is an 'Irvine Jambo' fantasist? If you take the time to scrutinise his posts you realise there's rarely, if anything, in them that folk couldn't work out for themselves.

Secondly, based on this pic taken today I find it hard to believe safety inspectors would even consider signing any sort of safety certificate before the weekend:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/23559899_10160167104050354_9070141105442290952_n.t humb.jpg.12dea3a31b7c50ec79d73113a87d5a2a.jpg

he seems to have a lot to say about curtain walls and things, but yes, he replies to everyone quickly so how does he have the time if he is actually working on at the site?

I had a feeling it was AB's brother (who is a Hibby I believe) but he appears to be a "PHM"

Pete
16-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Probably to do with egress after the game and in an emergency situation. They'll open up the doors without turnstiles at them and people will be able to move down the stairs and straight out without any turnstiles slowing them down and causing a bottleneck.

:agree:

The next time we play them it will make it so much easier for them to pile out after we’ve scored our third.

Peevemor
16-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Should be OK for Sunday by the look of it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJv8vAeXcAAlBih.jpg

Deansy
16-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Couple of things:

The ultimate 'Needle in a hay-stack' conundrum - spotting a 'Jambo Fantasist' over on 'Throw-back' !

Peevemor
16-11-2017, 10:43 AM
he seems to have a lot to say about curtain walls and things, but yes, he replies to everyone quickly so how does he have the time if he is actually working on at the site?

I had a feeling it was AB's brother (who is a Hibby I believe) but he appears to be a "PHM"

He works for Henshaws who installed the curtain wall (he may even be the MD). I've no idea why he appears to be on site so often.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 10:46 AM
He works for Henshaws who installed the curtain wall (he may even be the MD). I've no idea why he appears to be on site so often.Looky Looky man?

Firestarter
16-11-2017, 10:47 AM

Bit of a kick in the teeth to the support who are actually paying for it and paying back her loan.

JeMeSouviens
16-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Couple of things:

If the parties involved were any other than HMFC and the Edinburgh council, I would 100% agree.

GloryGlory
16-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Couple of things:

There were a couple of people on here yesterday telling us about how long they have to wait for building projects to be inspected by the Cooncil. Bet they - and other developers in a similar position - are totally impressed that SIX inspectors can be on site to clear work as it finishes. And presumably will be back today and tomorrow, as well.

SirDavidsNapper
16-11-2017, 10:56 AM
"Another day closer to Edinburgh's biggest and best football stand opening"

Yes mate in Edinburgh's smallest and worst football stadium

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 10:56 AM
There were a couple of people on here yesterday telling us about how long they have to wait for building projects to be inspected by the Cooncil. Bet they - and other developers in a similar position - are totally impressed that SIX inspectors can be on site to clear work as it finishes. And presumably will be back today and tomorrow, as well.Your council in action.

Wonder if they sent 6 people along to recover the unpaid business tax before they put themselves into administration to avoid paying.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2017, 10:58 AM
"Another day closer to Edinburgh's biggest and best football stand opening"

Yes mate in Edinburgh's smallest and worst football stadiumThe biggest thing is still important to them then. Shame it isn't the biggest.