PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Waxy
09-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Just spotted Anne Budge in B and M trying to get a discount on 1000 bottles of windowlene.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Just spotted Anne Budge in B and M trying to get a discount on 1000 bottles of windowlene.

Not necessary; the windae lickers who will occupy the seats will clean them for nowt.

fat freddy
09-11-2017, 03:48 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/20171109_124326.thumb.png.3e0e5cb03e9ff23d52b1be0d df67bffe.png

Apparently they've decided that they don't have the cash for a new stand after all, and have moved into the greenhouse at the Botanics. Smart move, if you ask me.

Caught a Chemtrail in that pic. They were busy over Edinburgh today. My daughter caught a load of videos of them spraying South Edinburgh. I was in Glasgow all day, they sprayed the Weegies all day, got some cracking shots of them.

Elephant Stone
09-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Can someone get on to Hibs to try and get them to release an official statement about that Lafferty tweet? I'm currently trying to get in touch with the police. It's a good job he never said anything derogatory about the stadium, I would be physically sick.

HoboHarry
09-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Can someone get on to Hibs to try and get them to release an official statement about that Lafferty tweet? I'm currently trying to get in touch with the police. It's a good job he never said anything derogatory about the stadium, I would be physically sick.
What Lafferty tweet? Is this a new one or the old one?

Borderlands
09-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Caught a Chemtrail in that pic. They were busy over Edinburgh today. My daughter caught a load of videos of them spraying South Edinburgh. I was in Glasgow all day, they sprayed the Weegies all day, got some cracking shots of them.

Likewise in the Borders ,woke up to bright blue skies 2 hours later it looked like snails had went mad, 99% dont notice too busy nose in mobile

seanshow
09-11-2017, 04:48 PM

I presume your taking the Lillian Gish here?

hibbyfraelibby
09-11-2017, 05:29 PM
I presume your taking the Lillian Gish here?

Its the kind of fantasy conspiracy theory yams believe. You guys sure you dont have webbing between your fingers and live in Dalry Rd?

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 05:58 PM
How are they going to get the cherry picker out now the end is filled in?Laugherty out, cherry picker in. It will probably manage 10 headed goals in a season and it will be more savvy on Twitter and definitely come across better in live interviews.

Cherry pickers don't have elbows.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
09-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Laugherty out, cherry picker in. It will probably manage 10 headed goals in a season and it will be more savvy on Twitter and definitely come across better in live interviews.

Cherry pickers don't have elbows.

Faster than Laugherty as well..... better mark tight in the next derby.....

shetlandhibee
09-11-2017, 06:09 PM
:top marks:agree:
Not necessary; the windae lickers who will occupy the seats will clean them for nowt. lol

HibbyDave
09-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Isn't it statement time yet?

Patience

Nakedmanoncrack
09-11-2017, 07:27 PM
So what was the offensive word in the Marathon bet tweet?

lapsedhibee
09-11-2017, 07:29 PM

HoboHarry
09-11-2017, 07:30 PM
M***o's

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2017, 07:34 PM
M***o'sMurdo?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

green day
09-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Murdo?

Mangos. The guy that posted it was considering a tropical salad.

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Mangos. The guy that posted it was considering a tropical salad.What a kumquat....

Archie 121188
09-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Do they do a panto at Christmas time for the wee yams? Must be a stick on to be Dick Turpin this year if so, with Dr Budge in the title role - 'Stand not delivered - your direct debit or your life!'

Deansy
09-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Jambo on 'Scottish Football banter without the old firm fans' on a thread about their stand

Derek Jambotaf Thomas (https://www.facebook.com/n/?derek.thomas.7334&aref=1510180665917816&medium=email&mid=55d800c8d7ea6G5af34a4f5094G55d8056238178G12e&bcode=2.1510180666.Abx3UT4Ca3kqliX3txc&n_m=a.deans59%40btinternet.com)

9:51pm Nov 8

better than breeze block fester road

Posted this saying 'Really ??'

Still waiting on a reply .......................

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Jambo on 'Scottish Football banter without the old firm fans' on a thread about their stand

Derek Jambotaf Thomas (https://www.facebook.com/n/?derek.thomas.7334&aref=1510180665917816&medium=email&mid=55d800c8d7ea6G5af34a4f5094G55d8056238178G12e&bcode=2.1510180666.Abx3UT4Ca3kqliX3txc&n_m=a.deans59%40btinternet.com)

Hearts breeze blocks. Thicker denser and greyer than ordinary breeze blocks.

Greenfly
09-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Do they do a panto at Christmas time for the wee yams? Must be a stick on to be Dick Turpin this year if so, with Dr Budge in the title role - 'Stand not delivered - your direct debit or your life!'

Oh no it isn't! ...

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Hearts breeze blocks

The kind they don't have. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/c4c7627b052b006b9c6ddfef715712b6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/72c031b4f4264923c16a6e1dfe5687e6.jpg

Deansy
09-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Hearts breeze blocks. Thicker denser and greyer than ordinary breeze blocks.

I suppose when you're told your club's building the equivalent of the '8th Wonder Of The World' that instead of breeze-blocks they'd have used gold-bars ??. Mind you, they also told them their attendance would be 20,000+ ....................... :faf:

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 10:59 PM
I suppose when you're told your club's building the equivalent of the '8th Wonder Of The World' that instead of breeze-blocks they'd have used gold-bars ??. Mind you, they also told them their attendance would be 20,000+ ....................... :faf:They've paid for gold bars and got breeze blocks.

They searched the world for a manager and Mrs Budge realised at the last minute that her footstool could cover it off.

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2017, 06:59 AM
I see an Aberdeen fan has extracted the urine over there. Poor lamb getting pelters. Quite amusing. Laughing stock of Scottish Football

calumhibee1
10-11-2017, 07:23 AM
I see an Aberdeen fan has extracted the urine over there. Poor lamb getting pelters. Quite amusing. Laughing stock of Scottish Football

They can try convince people that their new stand is incredible all they want but that post has really shown that the frustration of having a project that's months late, millions over budget only to look like a pile of ***** shows that deep down they know it's a shocker.

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Gable end still not complete and electrical testing not started yet. 9 days to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
10-11-2017, 07:28 AM
As someone that’s not from the construction or architectural industry could someone let me know what the problem with breeze blocks is please?

Not really following why that’s a reason for mocking and if it’s us that’s giving them pelters for it or the other way round?

lapsedhibee
10-11-2017, 07:37 AM
As someone that’s not from the construction or architectural industry could someone let me know what the problem with breeze blocks is please?

Not really following why that’s a reason for mocking and if it’s us that’s giving them pelters for it or the other way round?

When Drs Budge told them their new stand was going to be a marble palace, and they believed it, the yams scoffed at our stadium which was constructed of mere breeze blocks.

green day
10-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Some of the gimps are beginning to think it might not get its safety certificate in time for the Thistle match:greengrin

Theres a cracking picture over on JKB showing the dugouts with the press area immediately behind.

Now I know that all of us paupers in all other stadiums tend to put journos in the top tier, next to the exec seats - something to do with having a great view of the pitch with which to make your match reports perhaps?

But as we know, Ha Ha Hearts are breaking with many conventions in the construction of the best stand in the world :wink:

Back in the real world, it means the journos will get a poorer view and absolutely pissed on when its raining and there is even a slight west wind (which as we know is frequently in Edinburgh !).........which means that their laptops / equipment as well as themselves will get wet.

Is the project manager on this a hibby, or are they deliberately screwing it up themselves - or, are they just incredibly incompetent??????

Whatever, they are the gift that just keeps giving :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2017, 07:38 AM

They strangely mock our stadium for having breeze blocks for a reason known only to them. Must be some in house joke only Hearts fans understand.

GreenCastle
10-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Some of the gimps are beginning to think it might not get its safety certificate in time for the Thistle match:greengrin

Theres a cracking picture over on JKB showing the dugouts with the press area immediately behind.

Now I know that all of us paupers in all other stadiums tend to put journos in the top tier, next to the exec seats - something to do with having a great view of the pitch with which to make your match reports perhaps?

But as we know, Ha Ha Hearts are breaking with many conventions in the construction of the best stand in the world :wink:

Back in the real world, it means the journos will get a poorer view and absolutely pissed on when its raining and there is even a slight west wind (which as we know is frequently in Edinburgh !).........which means that their laptops / equipment as well as themselves will get wet.

Is the project manager on this a hibby, or are they deliberately screwing it up themselves - or, are they just incredibly incompetent??????

Whatever, they are the gift that just keeps giving :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very odd about the media.

Looks like an after thought.

I saw the pic - no seats so far for the Media.
Like you say rain or wind and papers / laptops will be soaked.

Going to be interesting to see how the Perspex they have used weathers in the near future.

bingo70
10-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Very odd about the media.

Looks like an after thought.

I saw the pic - no seats so far for the Media.
Like you say rain or wind and papers / laptops will be soaked.

Going to be interesting to see how the Perspex they have used weathers in the near future.

Without seeing it I’m guessing it’s a way of creating a space between the average yam and the dugouts?

green day
10-11-2017, 07:50 AM
Without seeing it I’m guessing it’s a way of creating a space between the average yam and the dugouts?

Sorry its not bigger, but looks like they have the "desk" bit for equipment and will install the seats later.

Mikers110
10-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Our stadium is not constructed from breeze blocks. Concrete blocks yes, breeze blocks, no.

Breeze blocks where the forerunner for modern concrete blocks and were made from a matrix of ash and cement. Breeze blocks were used where there was no need for more expensive bricks i.e non loadbearing situations.

AltheHibby
10-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Our stadium is not constructed from breeze blocks. Concrete blocks yes, breeze blocks, no.

Breeze blocks where the forerunner for modern concrete blocks and were made from a matrix of ash and cement. Breeze blocks were used where there was no need for more expensive bricks i.e non loadbearing situations.

Which probably ties in with the always hilarious "dressed as empty seats" comments.

jacomo
10-11-2017, 10:29 AM

Aha. The basic stand.

RyeSloan
10-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Sorry its not bigger, but looks like they have the "desk" bit for equipment and will install the seats later.

I thought they were installing a revolutionary new style of dug out? Did Dr Budge not promise that recently...

hibbymac
10-11-2017, 11:56 AM
I thought they were installing a revolutionary new style of dug out? Did Dr Budge not promise that recently...

They are, they're going to be below pitch level so as not to interfere with the views from the stands, .. just going to instal periscopes for the management team to watch the game :lurksub:

Ozyhibby
10-11-2017, 12:00 PM
They are, they're going to be below pitch level so as not to interfere with the views from the stands, .. just going to instal periscopes for the management team to watch the game :lurksub:

It’s telescopes the fans will need to see the ball.

Archie70
10-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Yam at work bragging about their new state of the art turnstiles, same as the big English clubs have. Unbelievable technology you just have to scan your season ticket and you get in. Oh the same as we put in about 4 years ago was my reply. Conversation over.

Jack Hackett
10-11-2017, 12:04 PM

'Revolutionary' is yamspeak for f****d up bodge job

GlesgaeHibby
10-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Yam at work bragging about their new state of the art turnstiles, same as the big English clubs have. Unbelievable technology you just have to scan your season ticket and you get in. Oh the same as we put in about 4 years ago was my reply. Conversation over.

Seriously?? :faf:

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 12:18 PM

He'll discover mobile phones soon. You can speak tae folk fae ootside!

10-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Wait don't most clubs have this - even half the championship clubs do.

Keith_M
10-11-2017, 12:42 PM

He'll soon be bragging about their revolutionary 'Print at Home' ticketing system and how you can also scan Tickets onto your mobile and use them.

No other club in the world has ever thought of any of that.

Nevi_SOL
10-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Can you see us over there
Can you see us
Can you see us

Should be sung at the next derby at PBS 😂

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2017, 12:48 PM
He'll soon be bragging about their revolutionary 'Print at Home' ticketing system and how you can also scan Tickets onto your mobile and use them.

No other club in the world has ever thought of any of that.

That's science fiction, like jet packs. Doesn't really exist. :greengrin

Springbank
10-11-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to keep up with the world class aspects and the world firsts that are quite literally happening in Gorgie right now.

* first stand to supply fried potato chips (or "chips" for short)
* first stand to open with a police control box obstructing the views of hundreds of seats
* the biggest glass curtain wall in Scottish football
* a piazza
* a brick layout in one part of the piazza that almost, from a distance, and if you squint your eyes, looks like an off-colour off-scale imitation of a hearts club crest
* a tunnel that doesn't allow sufficient space for both teams to walk out side by side, as it's too cramped
* innovative dug outs that are below ground level, flooding regularly, and offering a poor view to the management
* a press area that gets pelted with wind and rain and all the elements, most games
* a castle view suite that doesn't "view" the "castle", but does have a good view of a nearby school
* corporate facilities that don't face the pitch - why doesn't everyone do this? Because no-one else is The Famous :rolleyes:
* a 20,000 seater stadium with nearer to 19,000 seats
* and best of all, FULLY FUNCTIONING TOILETS.

Oh yes...

Geo_1875
10-11-2017, 01:15 PM
That's science fiction, like jet packs. Doesn't really exist. :greengrin

But we were promised!!!

Tynie01011973
10-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Wonder if they have completed the 3 week trialling of this new wonder system of allowing access to the super stand?
😀☺️

RyeSloan
10-11-2017, 01:35 PM
'Revolutionary' is yamspeak for f****d up bodge job

[emoji23][emoji23]

Deansy
10-11-2017, 02:28 PM

What's he said or can you give a copy/link, please ?

Maybe, due to their appalling treatment, the media will get pissed-off and actually start to be more open and honest in their articles - could mean the end of the over-embellishing of certain 'event's there ?. No more of the fictional 'Full-houses' or 'Fantastic atmosphere' or the countless number of other things that they've simply made-up to fill space over the years ??

Btw - their 'Revolutionary' new-style dug-outs ? (Drum-roll please) -

'Revolutionary' and 'new-style' - dug-oot canopies that are ****ing ROUND ??

Firestarter
10-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Wait don't most clubs have this - even half the championship clubs do.

It saves a lot of money so they must, surely?

I thought they didn't in the rose burn as it was part of the doop pump?

SirDavidsNapper
10-11-2017, 02:50 PM
So their press section is around their dugouts? Budge must have been worried fans would swear or shout at Craig so moved them away from the dugouts. Soft as ****.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2017, 04:41 PM
The stand looks awfy far away from the pitch. The famous Tynecastle atmosphere ie being close enough to assault players/managers must be under threat

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-11-2017, 04:52 PM
The stand looks awfy far away from the pitch. The famous Tynecastle atmosphere ie being close enough to assault players/managers must be under threat

Maybe they’re going for that UEFA pitch compliance to really stick it up us. We can’t have the only UEFA compliant stadium in the city plus a bigger capacity

CentreLine
10-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Maybe they’re going for that UEFA pitch compliance to really stick it up us. We can’t have the only UEFA compliant stadium in the city plus a bigger capacity

They’d better find room to make the pitch longer and wider then. Plus of course the run off areas...........Nope, not possible

jacomo
10-11-2017, 05:05 PM
They’d better find room to make the pitch longer and wider then. Plus of course the run off areas...........Nope, not possible

But...but... the Yams are already looking forward to European nights at Tynecastle Park. Under the floodlights!

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2017, 05:06 PM

Sadly their wee pitch ain't long enough so looks like we will, on both counts [emoji38]

Dibben
10-11-2017, 05:24 PM
What's he said or can you give a copy/link, please ?

Maybe, due to their appalling treatment, the media will get pissed-off and actually start to be more open and honest in their articles - could mean the end of the over-embellishing of certain 'event's there ?. No more of the fictional 'Full-houses' or 'Fantastic atmosphere' or the countless number of other things that they've simply made-up to fill space over the years ??

Btw - their 'Revolutionary' new-style dug-outs ? (Drum-roll please) -

'Revolutionary' and 'new-style' - dug-oot canopies that are ****ing ROUND ??

😂😂😂 So they have a Bus stop for a stand and a bicycle parking rail for dug outs??!

Oh ma sides!!!

KerPlunk
10-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Judging by the number of IKEA Billsta bar tables they’ve installed, they’re obviously expecting a serious number of ‘sports journalists’ to be in attendance. :aok:

lapsedhibee
10-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Just noticing there's about ten people standing across the players' and match officials' vomitory at Wembley. Do those fools at the FA not realise they could have got far more seats in the stadium if they'd built it so that only one person could stand there? :bitchy:

Jack Hackett
10-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Just noticing there's about ten people standing across the players' and match officials' vomitory at Wembley. Do those fools at the FA not realise they could have got far more seats in the stadium if they'd built it so that only one person could stand there? :bitchy:

It's only England's National Stadium, and it's been 10 years since they refurbished it... waaaay behind the yams in innovative design

Joe6-2
10-11-2017, 10:03 PM
He'll discover mobile phones soon. You can speak tae folk fae ootside!

Or even from as far away as the castle.........because you won't be able to see them

Not In The Know
10-11-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm trying to keep up with the world class aspects and the world firsts that are quite literally happening in Gorgie right now.

* first stand to supply fried potato chips (or "chips" for short)
* first stand to open with a police control box obstructing the views of hundreds of seats
* the biggest glass curtain wall in Scottish football
* a piazza
* a brick layout in one part of the piazza that almost, from a distance, and if you squint your eyes, looks like an off-colour off-scale imitation of a hearts club crest
* a tunnel that doesn't allow sufficient space for both teams to walk out side by side, as it's too cramped
* innovative dug outs that are below ground level, flooding regularly, and offering a poor view to the management
* a press area that gets pelted with wind and rain and all the elements, most games
* a castle view suite that doesn't "view" the "castle", but does have a good view of a nearby school
* corporate facilities that don't face the pitch - why doesn't everyone do this? Because no-one else is The Famous :rolleyes:
* a 20,000 seater stadium with nearer to 19,000 seats
* and best of all, FULLY FUNCTIONING TOILETS.

Oh yes...

It it will officially be the smallest glass curtain wall in Scottish football

Deansy
10-11-2017, 11:55 PM
But...but... the Yams are already looking forward to European nights at Tynecastle Park. Under the floodlights!

They still could do - I'm certain - for a price - Hibs will be easy enough to deal with in beaming our euro-games to the PBS live !!

Phil MaGlass
11-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Havent seen this anywhere but, hahaha

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-sponsors-poke-fun-at-hearts-new-main-stand-1-4607954

LeithSqualk
11-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Budge is a grass

haagsehibby
11-11-2017, 06:23 AM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-sponsors-poke-fun-at-hearts-new-main-stand-1-4607954

There's a whole thread on it ya eejit! :greengrin

Thecat23
11-11-2017, 06:25 AM

You been living in a cave 😁 This made the STV News! Hearts really spat the dummy on this one.

Phil MaGlass
11-11-2017, 06:55 AM
:faf: DOH!

Hibs4185
11-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Just been on brokeback for a early morning chuckle at our neighbours-I can't seem to post pics, but has anyone seen the pictures that have been posted showing their directors suite?

The floor isn't complete, however the false ceiling looks straight out of the 80's, it's a boring rectangle of a room, looks straight onto the high school and every Tom, dick and harry from the street can see straight in.

For a directors suite it is an absolute joke. You would think after spending £15 million, old budgey would've built herself something more luxurious than a 80's function hall with a school view.

lapsedhibee
11-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Just been on brokeback for a early morning chuckle at our neighbours-I can't seem to post pics, but has anyone seen the pictures that have been posted showing their directors suite?

The floor isn't complete, however the false ceiling looks straight out of the 80's, it's a boring rectangle of a room, looks straight onto the high school and every Tom, dick and harry from the street can see straight in.

For a directors suite it is an absolute joke. You would think after spending £15 million, old budgey would've built herself something more luxurious than a 80's function hall with a school view.

Revolutionary dugouts:

Eighties function hall:

Peevemor
11-11-2017, 08:44 AM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/B6B31F5D-358F-4421-BAE9-767A1B925566.jpeg.b8beace4e187ad7878f3a5293ed4d41d .jpeg

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/A6AD56F5-AA6A-44C6-B3DD-601FD91F681E.jpeg.c7cffcac9786793645714a1876d746ba .jpeg

Fluorescent strips FFS! Somebody must have had them lying about at the back of a cupboard.

Cardinal Hibernian
11-11-2017, 08:54 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/B6B31F5D-358F-4421-BAE9-767A1B925566.jpeg.b8beace4e187ad7878f3a5293ed4d41d .jpeg

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/A6AD56F5-AA6A-44C6-B3DD-601FD91F681E.jpeg.c7cffcac9786793645714a1876d746ba .jpeg

Fluorescent strips FFS! Somebody must have had them lying about at the back of a cupboard.Plus the ceiling does not cover the horizontal beams. I always thought the idea behind a suspended ceiling was to hide structural beams and the services.

Looking cheaper and nastier as each new picture comes in.

Value for £15M (and rising) not!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
11-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Fluorescent strips FFS! Somebody must have had them lying about at the back of a cupboard.

John Colquhoun? :dunno:

Bostonhibby
11-11-2017, 09:10 AM
John Colquhoun? :dunno:Nae room for them in his van as it's full of more international stars for Potter to cast an eye over like last January.[emoji6]

Jones28
11-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Fluorescent strip lights in the directors suite vs chandeliers in the supporters bar
😂😂😂

Hibernian Verse
11-11-2017, 09:43 AM
They look like LED Battens...not fluorescent strips.

Hibernian Verse
11-11-2017, 09:45 AM
But we were promised!!!

You deserve much more recognition than you got for that comment :greengrin

Peaks and troughs I suppose.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-11-2017, 10:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llfUGKW4KI

jacomo
11-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Wow.

It's like a step back through time.

Pete
11-11-2017, 10:35 AM

I’m thinking cork or wood panelling for the walls.

Maybe even a stand alone electric heater or two.

Peevemor
11-11-2017, 10:45 AM
They look like LED Battens...not fluorescent strips.Even so, suspended strip lights in a suite even though there's a suspended ceiling?

lord bunberry
11-11-2017, 10:49 AM
I’m thinking cork or wood panelling for the walls.

Maybe even a stand alone electric heater or two.
Add in a midi hifi with twin tape deck, turntable and graphic equaliser in the corner and it will look simply sensational.

Hibernia&Alba
11-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Add in a midi hifi with twin tape deck, turntable and graphic equaliser in the corner and it will look simply sensational.

:agree:

Had one in my bedroom as a kid; a Sharp. I thought it was the mut's nuts.

lord bunberry
11-11-2017, 10:58 AM

So did I :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
11-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Even so, suspended strip lights in a suite even though there's a suspended ceiling?LED panels are cheaper in most cases too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pete
11-11-2017, 11:01 AM

Mine’s was an Alba 😂

GreenCastle
11-11-2017, 11:07 AM

This must be temporary?

Even though the room hasn’t been fitted you get a sense of cheap job done. But then you realise they have spent around £14 million and it makes it even more funny.

Should hear on Monday if the Partick game will go ahead..probably will but like I’ve said before I wouldn’t fancy sitting in it without any testing.

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Stunning. Magnificent

RyeSloan
11-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Stunning. Magnificent

And will look all the better by the time the add the maroon carpet tiles and pink wall paint.

Eyrie
11-11-2017, 11:32 AM

We're all just seething with jealousy at their state of the ark facilities.

Tinribs
11-11-2017, 11:43 AM
We're all just seething with jealousy at their state of the ark facilities.

Class 👍

ancient hibee
11-11-2017, 11:50 AM

Is that the castle I can see through the window?

MurrayfieldHibs
11-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Is that the castle I can see through the window?

NO! :na na:

Carheenlea
11-11-2017, 12:01 PM
The TV's are awaiting installation - look a lot better once they're in place and will look smart as.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lt0myc.jpg

leithsansiro
11-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Maybe I'm not up to speed in the world of obstruction and design, but (as a genuine question) why are there so many support pillars going through the middle of rooms? I'm sure every internal photo shows at least one pillar I the middle of an open space. Surely the rooms should be designed and laid out to avoid this?

Hibs4185
11-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Maybe I'm not up to speed in the world of obstruction and design, but (as a genuine question) why are there so many support pillars going through the middle of rooms? I'm sure every internal photo shows at least one pillar I the middle of an open space. Surely the rooms should be designed and laid out to avoid this?

its what the big teams do in their new stands.

im not in the know but I presume if you have a cantilever design this removes the need for structural beams running through the building.

the problem with cantilever designs....they're expensive. A cheap stand (now expensive), for a cheap area and for a cheap team! GGTH

NAE NOOKIE
11-11-2017, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llfUGKW4KI

It would be quality if somebody could chuck that music over film of the Yams office :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
11-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Looks like a corridor, not a suite. They can’t get anything right.

Keith_M
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Stunning. Magnificent

I actually think it looks OK.

:duck:

greenginger
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Got to say I'm a bit confused with the exiting system for the new Tiny.

At the north end of the new stand they are constructing a set of stairs from concourse level 7.8 metres wide together with a 2 metre wide set of stairs from the lower level exit.

There already is a 7.8 metre wide staircase and a 4.5 walkway out of the Roseburn stand into this area.

All these exits are funneled into the one exit double gate at Mcleod Street which is max 13 metres wide.

One of the basic exiting rules is that exit routes must widen in the direction of escape. Here they have about 22 metres of exit width being forced into a pinch point 13 metres wide. :confused:

GreenCastle
11-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Got to say I'm a bit confused with the exiting system for the new Tiny.

At the north end of the new stand they are constructing a set of stairs from concourse level 7.8 metres wide together with a 2 metre wide set of stairs from the lower level exit.

There already is a 7.8 metre wide staircase and a 4.5 walkway out of the Roseburn stand into this area.

All these exits are funneled into the one exit double gate at Mcleod Street which is max 13 metres wide.

One of the basic exiting rules is that exit routes must widen in the direction of escape. Here they have about 22 metres of exit width being forced into a pinch point 13 metres wide. :confused:

They will enter the stand through the turnstiles which look like conservatory doors.

They will exit the stand through the Gorgie End side door and stairs next to turnstiles.

The roseburn end isn't connected and is only an exit for emergencies.

Having look at it and the plans I think the design may be an issue but only time will tell when the poor lambs get to sit in the office block for the 1st time and realise it's a replica of the wheatfield. :faf:

greenginger
11-11-2017, 01:22 PM
They will enter the stand through the turnstiles which look like conservatory doors.

They will exit the stand through the Gorgie End side door and stairs next to turnstiles.

The roseburn end isn't connected and is only an exit for emergencies.

Having look at it and the plans I think the design may be an issue but only time will tell when the poor lambs get to sit in the office block for the 1st time and realise it's a replica of the wheatfield. :faf:

Is it not even more important in emergencies that bottle necks are not built into the design ?

Also there is a maximum exiting time for a stadium even in non-emergency conditions and the width of that stairway ( noted as stair 7 ) is taken into account in the new stand exiting calcs.

Hibernia&Alba
11-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Mine’s was an Alba 😂

Alba was the hi-fi equivalent of Gola trainers; the one's yer maw would make you wear and you were terrified any of your pals spotted you in them :greengrin

RyeSloan
11-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Is it not even more important in emergencies that bottle necks are not built into the design ?

Also there is a maximum exiting time for a stadium even in non-emergency conditions and the width of that stairway ( noted as stair 7 ) is taken into account in the new stand exiting calcs.

Well the maximum exiting time can't be that demanding as we know, thanks to the age it takes to get out of the East!

None the less it's pretty clear there has been compromise after compromise for the Yams with this stand...their fundamental design using the truss and a single tier has hampered them from the get go.

Even so they clearly had little idea of what they were actually building, to realise only half way through that they needed to upgrade the power supply smacks of complete and utter incompetence. If you can overlook stuff like that no wonder they have obscured views, sunken dig outs, press areas in the wrong place etc etc etc

Kato
11-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Even so they clearly had little idea of what they were actually building, to realise only half way through that they needed to upgrade the power supply smacks of complete and utter incompetence. If you can overlook stuff like that no wonder they have obscured views, sunken dig outs, press areas in the wrong place etc etc etc

There's games coming up (if it opens) where they'll be using generators to supplement the existing juice. Could be interesting if there's a mega-rush on those "chip" things they say they'll be selling.

Of course, using temporary generators and thinking about upgrading the mains power supply near the end of a build rather than at the planning stage is what big teams do. It makes me want to sell pegs and shoot up through sheer seethe and jealousy etc etc.

greenginger
11-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Well the maximum exiting time can't be that demanding as we know, thanks to the age it takes to get out of the East!

None the less it's pretty clear there has been compromise after compromise for the Yams with this stand...their fundamental design using the truss and a single tier has hampered them from the get go.

According to the Green Guide to stadium safety, the max. exiting time for a capacity crowd to a place of safety is 8 minutes.

GreenCastle
11-11-2017, 02:39 PM

The Wheatfield is a joke to get out of - amazed how that’s allowed.

Our East takes forever too - luckily with good results recently it’s good to stay and enjoy the moment.

I’m sure in an emergency fans will go onto the pitch anyway.

They did change the new Hearts turnstiles as looked like a bottle neck. Even the way they have changed them doesn’t look good.

Entering the Wheatfield is so old school making you queue down the street as they have about 5 turnstiles. Another reason it’s a crap stadium.

Green_one
11-11-2017, 02:53 PM
According to the Green Guide to stadium safety, the max. exiting time for a capacity crowd to a place of safety is 8 minutes.

Which includes I presume opening up special exits such as gates onto the pitch at the East. So although it takes a time to get out of the East, there would be more exits in an actual emergency . Plus folk would not be blocking exits watching the end of the game. :rolleyes:

Not clear that commenting on Hearts emergency strategy is really going to get us anywhere. There is plenty wrong but it cannot all be rubbish.

RyeSloan
11-11-2017, 03:10 PM
There's games coming up (if it opens) where they'll be using generators to supplement the existing juice. Could be interesting if there's a mega-rush on those "chip" things they say they'll be selling.

Of course, using temporary generators and thinking about upgrading the mains power supply near the end of a build rather than at the planning stage is what big teams do. It makes me want to sell pegs and shoot up through sheer seethe and jealousy etc etc.

Even sillier is the plant room is in the Roseburn so this is work they could have completed before ANY rebuilding work took place on the main stand...but no planning permission only requested in August and granted just a week ago means they are using generators to power their stadium for the 'grand opening'.

Then there is the 'media room' afterthought which they only applied for planning for in October.

What a shambles! [emoji23][emoji23]

Arch Stanton
11-11-2017, 03:22 PM

But it isn't all about quickness is it? If it was too quick it would be a recipe for disaster surely.

I remember in the late 60s exiting down big straight stairs at Ibrox (not the disaster one I don't think but same idea). Quite frightening, my feet were hardly touching the ground.

Corstorphine Hibby
11-11-2017, 03:34 PM

Is that Edinburgh Castle that you can see through the windows ?

hibbyfraelibby
11-11-2017, 03:36 PM

Nope but it is a "castle" ...tyneCastle high school

Moulin Yarns
11-11-2017, 03:37 PM

That includes the pitch.

-Jonesy-
11-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Just coming back from the Scotland Rugby match, noticed that Murrayfield had its exits signposted as "Vomitorium 1,2 etc"

Another not quite first for the gunts

iwasthere1972
11-11-2017, 03:57 PM

Stirling Castle. Didn't you know that it's the biggest stand in the world. Can see for miles.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Stunning. MagnificentAs soon as the white lines are put down it won't be the very best example but it will surely be in the top half dozen multi storey car parks in West Edinburgh.

Deansy
11-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Even sillier is the plant room is in the Roseburn so this is work they could have completed before ANY rebuilding work took place on the main stand...but no planning permission only requested in August and granted just a week ago means they are using generators to power their stadium for the 'grand opening'.

Then there is the 'media room' afterthought which they only applied for planning for in October.

What a shambles! [emoji23][emoji23]

It's amazing how rapidly their (self-titled) 'Big team' persona is fast disappearing now that their access to 'Other People's Money' has been stopped ! Of course it was bound to happen but I think the speed of their return to the real Hearts, has surprised most of us with the obvious exception of them !. What you're seeing now - the shambles of a stand/team - is the Hearts that existed before Mercer started their 'Money Years' - a struggling, cheap, 2nd-rate wee-outfit, the East Coast version of Partick Thistle !. Thankfully, and not before time, they're well on their way back to their pre-1980 standards/levels - everyone's 'Granny's favourite team' !

Jack Hackett
11-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Just coming back from the Scotland Rugby match, noticed that Murrayfield had its exits signposted as "Vomitorium 1,2 etc"

Really!? Now we know where queenie got her inspiration for her statement. I'm 65 and had a decent education, but this is a word I had never heard/seen before in my life. Then it pops up in a statement after hertz have been playing at Murrayfield

How utterly pretentious of her... not that I'm surprised :rolleyes:

linlithgowhibbie
11-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Really!? Now we know where queenie got her inspiration for her statement. I'm 65 and had a decent education, but this is a word I had never heard/seen before in my life. Then it pops up in a statement after hertz have been playing at Murrayfield

How utterly pretentious of her... not that I'm surprised :rolleyes:

St Mirren have used the "vomitarium" word in their new stadium since it was opened. I had never heard of the word either till the first time I went there.

heretoday
11-11-2017, 06:04 PM
I had a look at the new stand today. The maroon and red glass panels at each end are quite attractive but the main bit in the middle is pure sixties office block. They could have made it more striking by adding some colour. It doesn't exactly invite one in.

The Hibs main stand is hardly a thing of beauty but at least it says Football and not Business.

KeithTheHibby
11-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I had a look at the new stand today. The maroon and red glass panels at each end are quite attractive but the main bit in the middle is pure sixties office block. They could have made it more striking by adding some colour. It doesn't exactly invite one in.

The Hibs main stand is hardly a thing of beauty but at least it says Football and not Business.

When you say quite attractive do you mean bogging?

O'Rourke3
11-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Are the changing rooms meant to have big windows?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
11-11-2017, 06:08 PM
I see some of them over there are saying the 19k ish capacity is too low and basing that on big crowds against the sheep and Sevco. Was it not 7k and 15k away fans respectively against those teams? To put it in perspective, they had 16k there last weekend against Killie. Also why are they a calling it Tynecastle park? Is it not just Tynecastle? I can't remember them calling it Tynecastle stadium all the time in previous years. Gimps.

jacomo
11-11-2017, 06:09 PM

Shame Ann Budge didn't visit any nice buildings before commissioning the basic office block then.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2017, 06:12 PM
I see some of them over there are saying the 19k ish capacity is too low and basing that on big crowds against the sheep and Sevco. Was it not 7k and 15k away fans respectively against those teams? To put it in perspective, they had 16k there last weekend against Killie. Also why are they a calling it Tynecastle park? Is it not just Tynecastle? I can't remember them calling it Tynecastle stadium all the time in previous years. Gimps.The cheap lettering can be altered quite quickly so if they fail to pay Mrs Budge back on time and all the interest they just need to put the C A R in and it's job done. The only bit planning there's been.

greenpaper55
11-11-2017, 06:25 PM
It's amazing how rapidly their (self-titled) 'Big team' persona is fast disappearing now that their access to 'Other People's Money' has been stopped ! Of course it was bound to happen but I think the speed of their return to the real Hearts, has surprised most of us with the obvious exception of them !. What you're seeing now - the shambles of a stand/team - is the Hearts that existed before Mercer started their 'Money Years' - a struggling, cheap, 2nd-rate wee-outfit, the East Coast version of Partick Thistle !. Thankfully, and not before time, they're well on their way back to their pre-1980 standards/levels - everyone's 'Granny's favourite team' !

Spot on, reality kicks in and not before time.

Feed McGraw
11-11-2017, 06:29 PM
I see some of them over there are saying the 19k ish capacity is too low and basing that on big crowds against the sheep and Sevco. Was it not 7k and 15k away fans respectively against those teams? To put it in perspective, they had 16k there last weekend against Killie. Also why are they a calling it Tynecastle park? Is it not just Tynecastle? I can't remember them calling it Tynecastle stadium all the time in previous years. Gimps.Novelty crowds - Sparryheid gimps can`t even understand that :rolleyes:.

Feed McGraw
11-11-2017, 06:33 PM
It's amazing how rapidly their (self-titled) 'Big team' persona is fast disappearing now that their access to 'Other People's Money' has been stopped ! Of course it was bound to happen but I think the speed of their return to the real Hearts, has surprised most of us with the obvious exception of them !. What you're seeing now - the shambles of a stand/team - is the Hearts that existed before Mercer started their 'Money Years' - a struggling, cheap, 2nd-rate wee-outfit, the East Coast version of Partick Thistle !. Thankfully, and not before time, they're well on their way back to their pre-1980 standards/levels - everyone's 'Granny's favourite team' !Perfectly put Deansy, bang on the money with that summation :thumbsup:.

ian cruise
11-11-2017, 06:51 PM
But we were promised!!!

Have you been listening to those Quiet Little Voices?

CyberSauzee
11-11-2017, 08:20 PM
They should have got rid of Fatty Foulkes before they had a trial run of the executive catering facilities. Good first effort though. Maybe splash out on a plate for the cheese?

Callum7
11-11-2017, 09:08 PM
What happens when/if hearts realise they can’t play at tynecastle what will happen? Where will they play?

scoopyboy
11-11-2017, 09:12 PM
What happens when/if hearts realise they can’t play at tynecastle what will happen? Where will they play?

It will simply be played at Tynecastle at a later date.

Callum7
11-11-2017, 09:13 PM
It will simply be played at Tynecastle at a later date.

Will they not get points deducted? Or am I just being over the top and thinking for the best?

lapsedhibee
11-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Will they not get points deducted?

No. The pitch will be accidentally flooded, so postponement won't have been their fault.

essexhibee
11-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Is it Monday they have to have the safety certificate approved by?

Be hilarious if it wasn't ready again.

johnbc70
11-11-2017, 09:43 PM
They are arguing amongst themselves over on sickback, something about lost turnstiles. Read there is only 6 turnstiles for the whole away end. Get there early for the Xmas derby!

Carheenlea
11-11-2017, 09:47 PM
They are arguing amongst themselves over on sickback, something about lost turnstiles. Read there is only 6 turnstiles for the whole away end. Get there early for the Xmas derby!

Is that not about all they had before?

johnbc70
11-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Is that not about all they had before?

Sure there was more than 6, maybe not.

Carheenlea
11-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Given that the stadium was "one of the most atmospheric in the world" before, how utterly incredible is it going to be when the new stand is completed?

You've got to assume a rogue Hibby was employed in their media department with this guff 😂

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/matchdayinfo

green day
11-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Given that the stadium was "one of the most atmospheric in the world" before, how utterly incredible is it going to be when the new stand is completed?

You've got to assume a rogue Hibby was employed in their media department with this guff 😂

That's some of the most sickening pish I have ever read. Especially the self serving crap about McRae's battalion.

****ing fannies.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2017, 10:29 PM
That's some of the most sickening pish I have ever read. Especially the self serving crap about McRae's battalion.

****ing fannies.Surely they've not owned up to doing the Macraes Battalion Trust out of money again?

Kavinho
11-11-2017, 10:29 PM
"We're in awe of our history, but that does not mean we look forward"

kaimendhibs
11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Sickening

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
11-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Semi-literate halfwits. :agree:

Mr White
11-11-2017, 10:45 PM
... or hearts for short :faf:

****wits

jakedance
11-11-2017, 10:51 PM

It’s incredibly badly written. It’s not even been proofread. They come up with some good marketing ideas but the quality of their web content and statements are very poor.

1875godsgift
11-11-2017, 10:52 PM

'The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh'

Who the **** wants to own a War Memorial?? Would it not be more charitable to gift it to the people of Edinburgh or something? :confused:

Bostonhibby
11-11-2017, 11:05 PM
'The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh'

Who the **** wants to own a War Memorial?? Would it not be more charitable to gift it to the people of Edinburgh or something? :confused:You've got the yam charity concept entirely the wrong way round. They take money from charitable causes and use it in pursuit of football success

No doubt about it since they produced their own creditors list. The list of shame.

Jack Hackett
11-11-2017, 11:15 PM

:jamboak:

Deansy
11-11-2017, 11:34 PM

You've got to assume a rogue Hibby was employed in their media department with this guff ��

'Our stadium – Tynecastle - is one of the most atmospheric in the world.....'

When even their own fans complain about the lack of atmosphere at the PBS ?? - just WHAT planet are these ****s on ??. 'Promoting yourself' is one thing but spraffing out-and-out KEECH is ....................... well, obviously it's a Jambo-thing !

Thank God we're lucky and play good and entertaining football to attract the crowds - unllike the yams we won't be facing charges of 'Blatant Fraudulent Misrepresentation' .....

Kato
12-11-2017, 12:26 AM

Who the **** wants to own a War Memorial?? Would it not be more charitable to gift it to the people of Edinburgh or something? :confused:

The war memorial was financed from the proceeds of matches played by Hearts, Hibs, Raith Rovers and a few other clubs. I didn't know they owned it now. Did Vlad buy it for from the council?

NAE NOOKIE
12-11-2017, 01:46 AM

Incredible .... its like there's nothing they cant screw up :faf:

"One of the worlds most atmospheric stadiums" .... some claim that, I presume there's statistical evidence for it, can someone remind us what awards and accolades they have received from the world wide football community .... their own boasts and Chick Young's slaverings are scant evidence :greengrin

As for "owning a war memorial" ....... who the hell claims to 'own a war memorial'? ..... I mean even if they do own one why the hell would they use it as a selling point?

What a bizarre outfit they are :crazy:

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 04:24 AM
Incredible .... its like there's nothing they cant screw up :faf:

"One of the worlds most atmospheric stadiums" .... some claim that, I presume there's statistical evidence for it, can someone remind us what awards and accolades they have received from the world wide football community .... their own boasts and Chick Young's slaverings are scant evidence :greengrin

As for "owning a war memorial" ....... who the hell claims to 'own a war memorial'? ..... I mean even if they do own one why the hell would they use it as a selling point?

What a bizarre outfit they are :crazy:

Do they realise this is the kind of thing they get mocked for? No set of fans in world football have delusions of grandeur like Hearts fans FACT.

marinello59
12-11-2017, 05:53 AM

Wow. That can’t be real, it just can’t be. If it is surely somebody there was capable of stopping it from being published.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 06:52 AM
Wow. That can’t be real, it just can’t be. If it is surely somebody there was capable of stopping it from being published.

I filled up reading that; what an incredible club. Modest too: they didn't even mention how they won World War One.

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 07:18 AM

And they wonder why everyone laughs at them

McD
12-11-2017, 07:48 AM

They also claim to have have been the first club to have players sign up to join the war effort - I assume they can back this up with evidence? There are after all, a good number of clubs across England, Wales and Scotland, and from what I’ve seen, most don’t feel the need to shove the efforts and sacrifice of their former players in everyone’s faces.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 07:57 AM
And they wonder why everyone laughs at them

Only seething Hobos laugh at the mighty Hearts, but those laughter tears are the crocodile tears of the envious; envy towards one of the biggest clubs in the world/Gorgie.

Springbank
12-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Only seething Hobos laugh at the mighty Hearts, but those are the crocodile tears of the envious; envy towards one of the biggest clubs in the world/Gorgie.

I wouldn't be surprised if your average Yam thought the Edinburgh Derby should be renamed "The World Series"

Dibben
12-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Not only that apparently they helped, by way of McCrae’s Battalion Trust, build a Cairn in Contalmaison NEAR France.

It’s in France - you can’t get any nearer to France!!

Unbelievably amateurish!!

The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh, and it actively supports McCrae's Battalion Trust who have built a Cairn in the village of Contalmaison near France.

Firestarter
12-11-2017, 08:14 AM
They own the war memorial at Haymarket? Never knew that.

hibbyfraelibby
12-11-2017, 08:17 AM
They "own" a war memorial...we own them

jacomo
12-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Wow.

I only wanted to know where the nearest car parking was.

Just wow.

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 08:39 AM

It's the best war memorial in the world

McSwanky
12-11-2017, 08:43 AM

You've got to assume a rogue Hibby was employed in their media department with this guff [emoji23]

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/matchdayinfoPartridge-esque!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
12-11-2017, 08:44 AM

You still don't know it, if your only source is the yams themselves.

Says here (http://www.scottish-places.info/features/featurefirst18663.html) they gifted it to the city in 1922.

And in 2008 the city still believed it belonged to the city:
Councillor Buchanan said: "I have not heard one voice for anything other than a return of the memorial to its home at Haymarket and as quickly as possible. "This issue is particularly significant to Hearts fans the world over, as the clock and monument were gifted by the football club in memory of the 13 players who fought for their country and most especially the seven who made the ultimate sacrifice with their lives.

Shirley Drs Budge wouldn't be claiming something that isn't true? :shocked:

theonlywayisup
12-11-2017, 09:05 AM
'Our stadium – Tynecastle - is one of the most atmospheric in the world.....'

When even their own fans complain about the lack of atmosphere at the PBS ?? - just WHAT planet are these ****s on ??. 'Promoting yourself' is one thing but spraffing out-and-out KEECH is ....................... well, obviously it's a Jambo-thing !

Thank God we're lucky and play good and entertaining football to attract the crowds - unllike the yams we won't be facing charges of 'Blatant Fraudulent Misrepresentation' .....

Someone needs to tell the world's journalists that they've got it all wrong.

https://talksport.com/football/best-atmospheres-world-football-20-football-reporters-and-presenters-reveal-stadiums-they?p=14

marinello59
12-11-2017, 09:06 AM
OPIt’s worthwhile taking a screenshot of all that before somebody with a grip on reality pulls it. Still there just now though.

theonlywayisup
12-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Someone needs to tell the world's journalists that they've got it all wrong.

https://talksport.com/football/best-atmospheres-world-football-20-football-reporters-and-presenters-reveal-stadiums-they?p=14

No mention of Tiny here either.

https://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-20-atmospheres-in-soccer/

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 09:11 AM
The atmosphere at Tyncastle can be very good (derbies for example) because the stands are so close to the pitch. For a big game it's a good place to watch football. It will be interesting to find out whether the new stand has any effect on that.

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 09:38 AM
The atmosphere at Easter Road can be brilliant but I'd cringe if someone put on the official website that it was one of the best in world football.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2017, 09:59 AM
The atmosphere at Easter Road can be brilliant but I'd cringe if someone put on the official website that it was one of the best in world football.

Just a wee bit of Donald Trumpesque exaggeration which Hearts are prone to: glass curtains, piazzas, war memorials etc etc.

007 Mickey Weir
12-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Just a wee bit of Donald Trumpesque exaggeration which Hearts are prone to: glass curtains, piazzas, war memorials etc etc.

Hearts. The Donald Trump of Scottish football. So fitting.

O'Rourke3
12-11-2017, 10:27 AM
That seems tohave been written by a 10 year old who hears adults discuss facts then write down their interpretation of what they understood. The Heart and soul of Edinburgh, FFS. Take out the "t and " from that sentance and we are getting somewhere.

Caversham Green
12-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Nothing to do with football rivalry here, if there's one thing in the world that no-one should claim to own it's a war memorial. I'm genuinely sickened by that statement, and I'd say the same if it was Hibs who were claiming ownership.

12-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Nothing to do with football rivalry here, if there's one thing in the world that no-one should claim to own it's a war memorial. I'm genuinely sickened by that statement, and I'd say the same if it was Hibs who were claiming ownership.

Sky sports are tweeting how “Players, staff and supporters of Hearts” are at the memorial just now. I always assumed that service was for the Edinburgh community and not just their crass little football club.

Velma Dinkley
12-11-2017, 10:37 AM
I think the Tynecastle atmosphere is something to do with all the asbestos particles in the air.

Keith_M
12-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Sky sports are tweeting how “Players, staff and supporters of Hearts” are at the memorial just now. I always assumed that service was for the Edinburgh community and not just their crass little football club.

As has been pointed out so often on here over the years, they seem to have taken great pride in claiming this as their own, and cynically exploiting the memories of the dead as a PR exercise.

It's actually pretty sick, when you think about it. Even worse when you consider the money they actually stole from related charities.

They really have no shame.

LithgaeHibby
12-11-2017, 11:24 AM
2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153
A1 Minibus & Coaches £100
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Arnold Clark Finance£6,764
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
AllStar Business Solutions£100
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290
Baltic Clipper£497
Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100
Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970
Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
BIG Hearts Community Trust£589
Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048
Business Line UAB£204,143
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Cameron Presentations£5,406
Campbell Medical Supplies£100
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Charlie Irons Coaches£100
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clearwater Technology£5,156
Clouds£6,870
Coerver Coaching Scotland£949
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
Corona Energy Retail£29,729
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
DJB Fire & Safety Training£48
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Daisy Communications£1,474
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
Fife Imaging Associates£903
Fountain Court Apartments£100
Football Safety Officers£230
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000
Green Star Media£77
Greentech Sportsturf£1,056
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
James Armstrong & Co£1,520
Johnston Carmichael£100
Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410
James Sandison£680
J Thomson Colour Printers£100
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Key Sports Management£23,049
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989
Ian Maclennan£335
McCraes Battalion Trust£100
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790
Michael Page International£100
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
North Lanarkshire Council£100
Northgate Vechile Hire£100
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
Pendrich Height Services£6,552
Performing Right Society£13,995
Pitch International£4,746
PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410
Rapide Communication£176
Respublikos Investicija£62
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Scottish Police Authority£18,585
Savills£20,602
Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454
Scomac Catering Equip.£100
Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544
Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467
Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254
Scottish Gas Business£347
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
Securevent Security£12,309
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Scottish Hydro Electric£139
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Stellar Football Ltd£5,750
Streamline Print Mgmt.£418
Superturas£26,636
Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378
City of Edinburgh Council£90,715
City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Technology Services Group£1,967
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Wallace Brown/Langstane£956
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562.

Skol
12-11-2017, 11:41 AM
I just saw a clip on Sky News from Haymarket and there was some guy in Hearts Jacket and hat. Really, what kind of weirdo goes to a war memorial in their football gear !

Hibernian Verse
12-11-2017, 11:43 AM
I just saw a clip on Sky News from Haymarket and there was some guy in Hearts Jacket and hat. Really, what kind of weirdo goes to a war memorial in their football gear !They won the war for us did you not do history at school?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JPrinty
12-11-2017, 12:15 PM
They are hilarious!

There's more info about the 1st World War than their football achievements!

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm genuinely worried Hearts sign Ronaldo and Messi in January. I've heard they feel they haven't achieved anything in the game untill they sample the Tynecastle atmosphere. It's one of the best in the world....yes not just Scotland.....the world. 16k jambos make the Nou Camp and Maracana sound like a morgue.

Deansy
12-11-2017, 12:21 PM
'players and supporters of other clubs joined The 16th Royal Scots - or as it became Sir George McCrae's Sporting Battalion' ................................ 'there's also a charity named after the Battallion but ....... ooops !!

RyeSloan
12-11-2017, 12:21 PM
They are hilarious!

There's more info about the 1st World War than their football achievements!

It's far from hilarious. The McCraes battalion was slaughtered at the Somme. To try and claim one ups manship from such an event and even claim 'ownership' of a memorial to the lives that were lost is a pretty sick thing to do.

ED Hibee
12-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Am sure if they did it would have been auctioned brick by brick to help contribute toward their ever growing debt.

JPrinty
12-11-2017, 12:31 PM
It's far from hilarious. The McCraes battalion was slaughtered at the Somme. To try and claim one ups manship from such an event and even claim 'ownership' of a memorial to the lives that were lost is a pretty sick thing to do.

I wasn't saying that the 1st World War was hilarious - they are for talking more about that than football

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2017, 12:40 PM
One of the reasons a dignified commemoration of the fallen is largely a thing of past in this country, is due to the 'look at me' attitude of pompous, virtue-signaling, self-serving war pornographers.

The Jambos are right up there with the very worst of them.

Tiresome mutants.

Thecat23
12-11-2017, 12:45 PM
One of the reasons a dignified commemoration of the fallen is largely a thing of past in this country, is due to the 'look at me' attitude of pompous, virtue-signaling, self-serving war pornographers.

The Jambos are right up there with the very worst of them.

Tiresome mutants.

This.

They actually see this is a one up it’s sickening!

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Sky sports are tweeting how “Players, staff and supporters of Hearts” are at the memorial just now. I always assumed that service was for the Edinburgh community and not just their crass little football club.Especially one with the creditors they had. Crass just hearts class.

NAE NOOKIE
12-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Not only that apparently they helped, by way of McCrae’s Battalion Trust, build a Cairn in Contalmaison NEAR France.

It’s in France - you can’t get any nearer to France!!

Unbelievably amateurish!!

The club owns Edinburgh's famous War Memorial at the Haymarket junction in west central Edinburgh, and it actively supports McCrae's Battalion Trust who have built a Cairn in the village of Contalmaison near France.

Dinnae, dinnae, ma sides, ma sides :faf::faf::faf:

Betty Boop
12-11-2017, 01:02 PM
2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153
A1 Minibus & Coaches £100
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Arnold Clark Finance£6,764
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
AllStar Business Solutions£100
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290
Baltic Clipper£497
Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100
Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970
Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
BIG Hearts Community Trust£589
Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048
Business Line UAB£204,143
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Cameron Presentations£5,406
Campbell Medical Supplies£100
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Charlie Irons Coaches£100
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clearwater Technology£5,156
Clouds£6,870
Coerver Coaching Scotland£949
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
Corona Energy Retail£29,729
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
DJB Fire & Safety Training£48
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Daisy Communications£1,474
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
Fife Imaging Associates£903
Fountain Court Apartments£100
Football Safety Officers£230
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000
Green Star Media£77
Greentech Sportsturf£1,056
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
James Armstrong & Co£1,520
Johnston Carmichael£100
Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410
James Sandison£680
J Thomson Colour Printers£100
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Key Sports Management£23,049
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989
Ian Maclennan£335
McCraes Battalion Trust£100
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790
Michael Page International£100
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
North Lanarkshire Council£100
Northgate Vechile Hire£100
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
Pendrich Height Services£6,552
Performing Right Society£13,995
Pitch International£4,746
PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410
Rapide Communication£176
Respublikos Investicija£62
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Scottish Police Authority£18,585
Savills£20,602
Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454
Scomac Catering Equip.£100
Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544
Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467
Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254
Scottish Gas Business£347
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
Securevent Security£12,309
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Scottish Hydro Electric£139
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Stellar Football Ltd£5,750
Streamline Print Mgmt.£418
Superturas£26,636
Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378
City of Edinburgh Council£90,715
City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Technology Services Group£1,967
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Wallace Brown/Langstane£956
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562.

The Cooncil nearly 91 grand Come on Hertz lets be having you at a time when the lowest paid are having hours cut. Pay up its public money after all.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 01:10 PM
They own the war memorial at Haymarket? Never knew that.Very similar situation when your average shameless yam yokel claims they own their training facilities.

How many folk would be comfortable with being associated with this sort of hype knowing that our team were directly linked with bumping charities so close to the cause out of money?

Shameless really doesn't cover it and shame on the media for encouraging it when the real story is somewhat different.

calumhibee1
12-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Did Sir Tom Farmer not clear their charity debts? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Did Sir Tom Farmer not clear their charity debts? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Not sure if all but certainly heard that about the poppy debts.

Jack Hackett
12-11-2017, 02:05 PM
We're in awe of our history, but that does not mean we look forward. It's just that by remembering the past we can influence the future.
I've read it a couple of times but it doesn't really flow.
It reads like a google translation .

Is that them putting their hands up for winning WWIII if/when it happens?

Deansy
12-11-2017, 03:20 PM
As has been pointed out so often on here over the years, they seem to have taken great pride in claiming this as their own, and cynically exploiting the memories of the dead as a PR exercise.

It's actually pretty sick, when you think about it. Even worse when you consider the money they actually stole from related charities.

It's just another example of Hearts imitating their role models - the Hun !. The Hun still have an 'Armed-Forces Day' despite bumping the tax that would've went towards more protective-clothing, better equipment, transport etc, etc for the people they're paying homage to. The Jambos are the exact same - making damn sure they're at the centre of todays events despite stealing from the charity set-up to help the very people they're saluting - and all so that they could play at being a 'Big team' !! And not one - from either club - shows the slightest trace of shame or regret at their actions ! 2 clubs with so much in common - through their financial mis-deeds both have brought nothing but shame to the game and Scottish Society in general and our bent/inept media stays silent !

SanFranHibs
12-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Don't know who, but my understanding is that it was paid and the reason why is because that was a crime and it was done to prevent an embarrassing criminal situation. Whatever else they got up to they go into admin and it can all be put down to bad management. Taking donations for the poppy fund and absconding with it or not giving it to the charity is theft, not bad management as the money was never theirs and not in any way a football income.

Sergey
12-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Brace yourselves - The new stand will propel Hearts to another level, according to this clown!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11123796/hearts-set-to-become-a-force-in-scottish-football-on-return-to-tynecastle-says-gary-locke

jacomo
12-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Brace yourselves - The new stand will propel Hearts to another level, according to this clown!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11123796/hearts-set-to-become-a-force-in-scottish-football-on-return-to-tynecastle-says-gary-locke

So now they use 'their' war memorial as a prop for club PR purposes on Remembrance Sunday?

Stay classy, Jambos.

jacomo
12-11-2017, 04:01 PM

Carheenlea
12-11-2017, 04:15 PM

"There is a lot going on at the moment. We've got the development of the stadium. It's a great time to be part of Heart of Midlothian but this makes it all a lot more humbling when you see the amount of people that turn up today. It shows what the club means to people."

Through the eyes of Hearts supporters, Rememberance Sunday is simply all about Hearts. Sums their pathetic club up.

Nameless
12-11-2017, 04:31 PM
"There is a lot going on at the moment. We've got the development of the stadium. It's a great time to be part of Heart of Midlothian but this makes it all a lot more humbling when you see the amount of people that turn up today. It shows what the club means to people."

Through the eyes of Hearts supporters, Rememberance Sunday is simply all about Hearts. Sums their pathetic club up.I honestly didn't think my opinion of that vile, pathetic sham of a football club could fall any lower. It beggars belief, the depths that they will plumb. This isn't football rivalry, it human ****ing decency, and it is something they lack in spades. They co-opt a time of dignity, honour and respect, and taint it with their lack of any of the above.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Arch Stanton
12-11-2017, 04:50 PM
This post was interesting -

"the hobos just need to look at themselves in how they are being conned with their HSL Poznan Scheme where £500,000 a year goes to the Farmer !!! "

And no, it's not because he doesn't realise Poznan is a place in Poland, that's just sad. It's because STF being repaid loans to the club is a terrible thing whereas I'm guessing that AB being repaid her loans is the exact opposite.

Also, the money to STF comes from the club - HSL money gets spent on players, SJM anyone?

WoreTheGreen
12-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Sir phisy breeks stealing money for being aMEMBER of the house of lords £300 per day plus expenses while tropps have not got proper equipment. Shame on that 'man' and that club

Seveno
12-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Claiming to ‘own’ a war memorial is incredibly poor taste and an insult to those that it commemorates. I find to be quite incredible that no-one in that organisation has the sense or decency to flag this up and have the reference removed.

greenginger
12-11-2017, 05:23 PM

"the hobos just need to look at themselves in how they are being conned with their HSL Poznan Scheme where £500,000 a year goes to the Farmer !!! "

And no, it's not because he doesn't realise Poznan is a place in Poland, that's just sad. It's because STF being repaid loans to the club is a terrible thing whereas I'm guessing that AB being repaid her loans is the exact opposite.

Also, the money to STF comes from the club - HSL money gets spent on players, SJM anyone?

Plus, STF's loan is interest free, whilst the Budge woman is charging an almost usury rate of 6 % :cb

Deansy
12-11-2017, 05:31 PM

"The stand is out of this world and I think it can help take the club to a different level'

Forget the stand urine-lover - the football your mob's playing is definitely sending them to a 'different level' !

The gash they spout gives you the boak but without it, 4:45/FT on match-day just wouldn't be so sweet when, knowing that the 'Simplest of Simpletons'(:jamboclow ) - desperate for the slightest crumb of comfort - have swallowed every single word and once again, realise that much gash has been spouted !!.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 05:33 PM

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11123796/hearts-set-to-become-a-force-in-scottish-football-on-return-to-tynecastle-says-gary-lockeAye, apparently they are going to rent the badminton courts for an hour straight after they get kicked off the football pitches at HWU when the schools turn up instead of just getting the bus home.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 05:40 PM
I know they've never built anything like this one tier stand with an office block on the back before but what the hell is it about it that they think is going to improve the situation at their club?

Crowds down and the capacity is less than ours.

They're in debt that's affecting the quality of the team on the pitch.

Will this average looking structure maybe make the stigma of all those bumped creditors go away? Especially the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, Big Hearts and the Macraes Battalion Trust.

The fact that they are so easily distracted by the latest illusion is part of their longer term problem.

Sit back and enjoy.

lapsedhibee
12-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Claiming to ‘own’ a war memorial is incredibly poor taste and an insult to those that it commemorates. I find to be quite incredible that no-one in that organisation has the sense or decency to flag this up and have the reference removed.

:agree: And claiming to own anything after you've given it away to someone else 95 years ago shows a fair degree of misunderstanding what giving is. They really are so much better at taking, except in the one, very specific, sense of being an institution which keeps on giving.

linlithgowhibbie
12-11-2017, 05:52 PM
I know they've never built anything like this one tier stand with an office block on the back before but what the hell is it about it that they think is going to improve the situation at their club?

Crowds down as the capacity is less.

They're in debt that's affecting the quality of the team on the pitch.

Will this average looking structure maybe make the stigma of all those bumped creditors go away? Especially the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, Big Hearts and the Macraes Battalion Trust.

The fact that they are so easily distracted by the latest illusion is part of their longer term problem.

Sit back and enjoy

How is there capacity less? It has been increased:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 05:55 PM
How is there capacity less? It has been increased[emoji106]Sorry, meant less than ours. Very important to them previously.

LithgaeHibby
12-11-2017, 06:08 PM

A bit off topic, but god knows why the creditors agreed to 0p in the pound. If they'd had any baws they'd have forced that lot into liquidation and then they would have had to scramble about arguing that the tainted trophies are still part of the newco's history.

Arch Stanton
12-11-2017, 06:56 PM
It wasn't about 'baws' but more about future business.
there was no money to share but the club would survive and need the services previously provided.
makes sense.

I assume creditors that became insolvent didn't get a say, but even just one of the others saying 'no' would have scuppered the deal, no?

jgl07
12-11-2017, 07:01 PM

I think the clown means a Ponzi Scheme:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Not that Hearts would ever indulge in such underhand activities such as conning supporters out of money for alleged 'shares' in a technically insolvent company.

Bostonhibby
12-11-2017, 07:08 PM
I think the clown mean a Ponzi Scheme:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Not that Hearts would ever indulge in such underhand activities such as conning supporters out of money for alleged 'shares' in a technically insolvent company.They really don't do very well with spelling, grammar or geography.

Or actually getting a share out of a share "issue" come to think of it.

Poznan, deary me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SirDavidsNapper
12-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Somebody should tell him remembrance day isn't for Hearts.

Deansy
12-11-2017, 08:06 PM
They really don't do very well with spelling, grammar or geography.

Or actually getting a share out of a share "issue" come to think of it.

Poznan, deary me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They're disadvantaged from the outset, mate - the whole 'Thought process' just ****s em ragged :jamboclow

12-11-2017, 08:45 PM
It wasn't about 'baws' but more about future business.
there was no money to share but the club would survive and need the services previously provided.
makes sense.

Not really. The only relevant creditors were the Lithuanian banks and I doubt Hearts are still banking with them.

HFCdeb
12-11-2017, 10:14 PM

Through the eyes of Hearts supporters, Rememberance Sunday is simply all about Hearts. Sums their pathetic club up.

That's an absolute shocker from Locke.

greenginger
12-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Does that mean only the bank could have opposed the offer?
appreciate they were the major creditor but it seems harsh on the others.

Its should not have been required for the Ukio Bank to oppose the offer. They were a " connected " creditor to HOMFC through Vlad being the majority share holder in the Bank and his son being chairman of Hearts.

There should have been a separate count of creditors votes amongst the " unconnected creditors ". The HMRC vote against the offer would have liquidated Hearts, but that did not happen because the administrator Bryan Jackson of BDO broke the insolvency regulations and ignored the rules calling for an unconnected creditor vote count.

Hearts got off the hook with a bit of cheating the system. No surprise there I suppose.

Criswell
12-11-2017, 10:16 PM
"The new stand is out of this world" A bog standard, off the shelf one-tiered structure is now being hyper-inflated into something of cosmic significance! Beyond parody!

Greenfly
12-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Its should not have been required for the Ukio Bank to oppose the offer. They were a " connected " creditor to HOMFC through Vlad being the majority share holder in the Bank and his son being chairman of Hearts.

There should have been a separate count of creditors votes amongst the " unconnected creditors ". The HMRC vote against the offer would have liquidated Hearts, but that did not happen because the administrator Bryan Jackson of BDO broke the insolvency regulations and ignored the rules calling for an unconnected creditor vote count.

Hearts got off the hook with a bit of cheating the system. No surprise there I suppose.

... but ... but ... they're a city institution, a national treasure, have copyright on the best stadium atmosphere, own a memorial to the war they fought and won single-handedly, can see the top of the castle from the stand roof, are beloved by Alex Salmond, make the third biggest chips in Scotland, employ the loveable Karl Sclafferty and, in any case, they're the big team. Why shouldn't they be above nonsense like laws and natural justice?

Tornadoes70
12-11-2017, 10:50 PM

There's very little doubt in my mind that Hearts should certainly have plunged into liquidation and there was a certain dubiety that they were put into administration instead, however, we've owned them for the last few years and long may it continue. Eight in a row and counting.

:giruy2:

CropleyWasGod
12-11-2017, 11:35 PM
There's very little doubt in my mind that Hearts should certainly have plunged into liquidation and there was a certain dubiety that they were put into administration instead, however, we've owned them for the last few years and long may it continue. Eight in a row and counting.

:giruy2:They weren't put into administration "instead" of liquidation. There was no dubiety about their going into administration. That was absolutely the correct and legal thing to do.

What the issue is, as GG has alluded to, is whether liquidation should have followed.

greenginger
12-11-2017, 11:37 PM
... but ... but ... they're a city institution, a national treasure, have copyright on the best stadium atmosphere, own a memorial to the war they fought and won single-handedly, can see the top of the castle from the stand roof, are beloved by Alex Salmond, make the third biggest chips in Scotland, employ the loveable Karl Sclafferty and, in any case, they're the big team. Why shouldn't they be above nonsense like laws and natural justice?

Yeah, above the law it would seem.

The administrator , Bryan Jackson left BDO shortly after the completion of the Club's administration and got a job with the accountancy firm Johnston Carmichael in Melville Street.

Johnston Carmichael are Heart's auditors.

Argylehibby
13-11-2017, 07:07 AM

If they own it I assume they pay for its maintenance etc.?

CropleyWasGod
13-11-2017, 07:39 AM

Hearts got off the hook with a bit of cheating the system. No surprise there I suppose.Did anyone make a complaint to the Insolvency Practitioners body about it?

Tornadoes70
13-11-2017, 07:51 AM
They weren't put into administration "instead" of liquidation. There was no dubiety about their going into administration. That was absolutely the correct and legal thing to do.

What the issue is, as GG has alluded to, is whether liquidation should have followed.

I think most folk might have realised I was referring to the fact they were only put into administration without subsequent liquidation but thanks for clearing that up. The dubiety being they were not liquidated as they should have been due to as GG refers to some sleight of underhandedness going on behind the scenes of which was suspected then. However we've owned them over the last few years so no real problem for me.

:aok:

SouthMoroccoStu
13-11-2017, 07:52 AM
If they own it I assume they pay for its maintenance etc.?

Ha ha! A very good point

Firestarter
13-11-2017, 07:57 AM
You still don't know it, if your only source is the yams themselves.

Says here (http://www.scottish-places.info/features/featurefirst18663.html) they gifted it to the city in 1922.

And in 2008 the city still believed it belonged to the city:
Councillor Buchanan said: "I have not heard one voice for anything other than a return of the memorial to its home at Haymarket and as quickly as possible. "This issue is particularly significant to Hearts fans the world over, as the clock and monument were gifted by the football club in memory of the 13 players who fought for their country and most especially the seven who made the ultimate sacrifice with their lives.

Shirley Drs Budge wouldn't be claiming something that isn't true? :shocked:

Shameless, not surprising though.

FilipinoHibs
13-11-2017, 08:18 AM
I think most folk might have realised I was referring to the fact they were only put into administration without subsequent liquidation but thanks for clearing that up. The dubiety being they were not liquidated as they should have been due to as GG refers to some sleight of underhandedness going on behind the scenes of which was suspected then. However we've owned them over the last few years so no real problem for me.

:aok:

If UKIO did not accept the CVA then it would have been liquidation. They would have got the ground but only valuable if they could turn into housing/Tesco. City establishment closed rank and made clear it would have made planning permission for such near impossible. So better take 2.4 mill minus BDO fee 350K than gamble on getting nothing.

lapsedhibee
13-11-2017, 08:35 AM

Yes, it would. Just like they actually did, in 1922. They seem to have 'forgotten' that it's not theirs.
Can't help wondering why they haven't considered selling off the Brooklyn Bridge to pay for their megastand to be completed on time. :confused:

greenginger
13-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Did anyone make a complaint to the Insolvency Practitioners body about it?

Not that I know of, but what could that body have done ? give BDO a rap on the knuckles. It would have taken a High Court challenge to get the CVA decision reversed.

I spoke to a friend who worked in quite a high position in HMRC enforcement section and he told me the fix was recognised by the tax people but they took no action as, whether it was a CVA or liquidation, all the proceeds were going to go to the secured creditor Ukio Bankas and it would be extra costs with no chance of a return of any of their owed ££££millions.

He also said the HMRC had not just forgotten about it. The taxman does not like how the insolvency system works at present. Too many bandits abusing the rules and proper purpose of the laws they way they have been written.

Next time there is a Parliamentary Revue of the insolvency process regulations , don't be surprised if the HOMFC administration gets a mention as an example of why administrators have too much power too little scrutiny .

The Yams could be famous , again ! :greengrin

lapsedhibee
13-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Not that I know of, but what could that body have done ? give BDO a rap on the knuckles. It would have taken a High Court challenge to get the CVA decision reversed.

I spoke to a friend who worked in quite a high position in HMRC enforcement section and he told me the fix was recognised by the tax people but they took no action as, whether it was a CVA or liquidation, all the proceeds were going to go to the secured creditor Ukio Bankas and it would be extra costs with no chance of a return of any of their owed ££££millions.

He also said the HMRC had not just forgotten about it. The taxman does not like how the insolvency system works at present. Too many bandits abusing the rules and proper purpose of the laws they way they have been written.

Next time there is a Parliamentary Revue of the insolvency process regulations , don't be surprised if the HOMFC administration gets a mention as an example of why administrators have too much power too little scrutiny .

That'd be good. Dancing persons on the tables in front of a Select Committee. No touching though! :tsk tsk:

Bostonhibby
13-11-2017, 08:59 AM
If UKIO did not accept the CVA then it would have been liquidation. They would have got the ground but only valuable if they could turn into housing/Tesco. City establishment closed rank and made clear it would have made planning permission for such near impossible. So better take 2.4 mill minus BDO fee 350K than gamble on getting nothing.

Exactly. Well covered in the Admin thread at the time and by better experts than me.

The media and council swung into action with all the hype that made the site unattractive for developers and therefore a very low value for what turned out to be Mrs Budge (presumably no one else wanted to "save" them).

We had tales of never being able to touch the famous historic atmospheric (asbestos ridden and wooden fire hazard) and it was to be protected by historic Scotland. Much was made of the land being of very low development value due to nearby buildings etc.

Look where we are today - there's no doubt the council played a blinder, from not pursuing debts and saying nothing pre admin to unstinting help thereafter.

Geo_1875
13-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Why are you posting photos of the New St Andrews House demolition site?

CropleyWasGod
13-11-2017, 09:03 AM

If the IPA had found BJ in breach of the rules, it would have been him that would have been censured, I reckon. (I would have welcomed a complaint, by the way, if only to allow BJ the opportunity to explain why he allowed the vote in that way. I know I've said this before, but having worked with him I would be surprised if he had done anything underhand.)

However, the bit in bold is, IMO, the important part. No-one was disadvantaged by the CVA vote going the way it did. One might argue that the secured creditor would have gained more in a liquidation, but no-one else would..... other than those who wished to see HMFC liquidated, of course. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
13-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Any enjoyment to be had during Hearts admin was tempered by the complete James hunt that Petrie was making of running Hibs at the time.

heretoday
13-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Anyone who says we are not unhealthily obsessed with our city rivals need only read this thread.

Bostonhibby
13-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Anyone who says we are not unhealthily obsessed with our city rivals need only read this thread.They say laughter is the best medicine and a great many hibbies like me have a lot to thank the maroon balloons for.

It really isn't that difficult to have a laugh at their expense, contribute to everyone else's merriment and do everything else l enjoy as well.

greenginger
13-11-2017, 09:52 AM
If the IPA had found BJ in breach of the rules, it would have been him that would have been censured, I reckon. (I would have welcomed a complaint, by the way, if only to allow BJ the opportunity to explain why he allowed the vote in that way. I know I've said this before, but having worked with him I would be surprised if he had done anything underhand.)

However, the bit in bold is, IMO, the important part. No-one was disadvantaged by the CVA vote going the way it did. One might argue that the secured creditor would have gained more in a liquidation, but no-one else would..... other than those who wished to see HMFC liquidated, of course. :greengrin

Bryan Jackson may have been a straight guy, but , back in 2013 he was being hailed as the " Saviour of Football Clubs ". Maybe the adulation went to his head and he came to the conclusion the the end justified the means.

I was told the reasoning behind the way the CVA vote was conducted was that Ukio Bankas was in administration too , therefor no longer considered a " connected " creditor.

There might have been some merit in that view if it were not for the fact Jackson had just finished the Portsmouth FC. administration (another club brought down by a dodgy Lithuanian Banker )

In their creditor vote there was a couple of connected companies who were in administration too. No distinction was made to them when the creditor votes were counted.

These companies votes were not counted in the non-connected creditors vote count, just as the Ukio Bankas should not have been allowed to out-vote HMRC .

All water under the bridge now, but I would love to know if Jackson was encouraged to save the Yams by persons high up in the political food chain. :cb

My_Wife_Camille
13-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Anyone who says we are not unhealthily obsessed with our city rivals need only read this thread.
What’s unhealthy about a single discussion thread? Better than 8 or 9 different threads about them.

Jack
13-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Exactly. Well covered in the Admin thread at the time and by better experts than me.

The media and council swung into action with all the hype that made the site unattractive for developers and therefore a very low value for what turned out to be Mrs Budge (presumably no one else wanted to "save" them).

We had tales of never being able to touch the famous historic atmospheric (asbestos ridden and wooden fire hazard) and it was to be protected by historic Scotland. Much was made of the land being of very low development value due to nearby buildings etc.

Look where we are today - there's no doubt the council played a blinder, from not pursuing debts and saying nothing pre admin to unstinting help thereafter.

It's been a double edged sword really.

They saved the club and the ground however they've more or less been forced to stay in that location and are severely restricted in how it can be developed - as the current monstrosity illustrates perfectly!

Not only that the extra cost incurred in the current development and the fact it cannot be further developed will leave them hamstrung for decades to come.