PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 10:44 AM
The new Tynie entrance isn't very grand is it.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23316449_10159533444650402_1504275826684379073_n.j pg?oh=85c33553ed112c00eef481e7dde586d7&oe=5A690B25

Especially in comparison to our entrance at Easter Road.

http://www.liberoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/HibsNEW11.jpgArsenal fan I'm sitting next to asked me why they've put a line right through the middle of the letters. Is it because they're too small and want to start again?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Kato
08-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Despite this, Budge continues to wax lyrical about the curtain wall. Why is this?

It's stunning. Their pomposity that is.

CapitalGreen
08-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Arsenal fan I'm sitting next to asked me why they've put a line right through the middle of the letters. Is it because they're too small and want to start again?

Also, in every picture I've seen of it the black lettering and the black shadow combine to make it look blurred as the typeface they have used is too cramped together to distinguish the individual letters.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Also, in every picture I've seen of it the black lettering and the black shadow combine to make it look blurred as the typeface they have used is too cramped together to distinguish the individual letters.Maybe it's just the ink running in the rain? Never planned for rain in Scotland.

Peevemor
08-11-2017, 10:50 AM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23316449_10159533444650402_1504275826684379073_n.j pg?oh=85c33553ed112c00eef481e7dde586d7&oe=5A690B25

http://www.liberoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/HibsNEW11.jpg

You're wrong. It's orgasmic - I read it on brokeback.

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2017, 10:55 AM
A replica and a good effort.

looks like they have started using the toilets already, but, being inbred yams, they hit the wall on the right hand side instead and it dribbled on the floor.

McSwanky
08-11-2017, 10:59 AM
What does it say above the badge on the wall? It's not very clear but the second word looks as if it might have four letters in it so I'm thinking maybe "Hogg"?

It's a struggle to make it out.

Maybe "Kidd"?

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:00 AM
You're wrong. It's orgasmic - I read it on brokeback.

I really don't wish to picture a Jambo having an orgasm

G B Young
08-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Arsenal fan I'm sitting next to asked me why they've put a line right through the middle of the letters. Is it because they're too small and want to start again?

I read somewhere on this thread that the letters light up at night so the 'line' is something to do with the electrics required for that to happen. Even if that's the case it looks like something done on the cheap, like when you see those wee strips of boxed-in wiring running along walls rather than have it flush beneath the plaster.

KerPlunk
08-11-2017, 11:09 AM
I read somewhere on this thread that the letters light up at night so the 'line' is something to do with the electrics required for that to happen. Even if that's the case it looks like something done on the cheap, like when you see those wee strips of boxed-in wiring running along walls rather than have it flush beneath the plaster.

When it’s illuminated, it’ll say “Trunkingcastle Park”.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:11 AM

It's a couple of the tube bulbs you have in your bathroom behind the sign. Very cost effective.

G B Young
08-11-2017, 11:17 AM
In construction / manufacturer technical speak what they have there would certainly be classed as a curtain wall system. It is a facade that supports nothing but it's own weight (and any loading placed on it from the wind etc) and is connected back to the primary structure.

What it isn't is the lovely architectural Planar glazing system clearly shown in their architectural images.

Interesting. So in other words this type of 'curtain' doesn't actually screen anything? And the overall look is really just office windows, with their current, vaguely streamlined look (give or take a row or four of grey panels and a few white ones under the badge) set to be compromised once they fit out the offices with desks, screens, shelves and assorted office clutter?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6U9WFhyS4fquLwxbQ-njGmImKn_2FKT4vo1rP4q6qqI7pvXcJ

Peevemor
08-11-2017, 11:19 AM

Apparently the letters are backlit - probably by LED strips stick to the back.

The 'line' is a rail to which the individual letters are fixed, which in turn is fixed to the vertical aluminium glazing sections. Without this the letters would have to be fixed directly to the glass, which doesn't really work.

GlesgaeHibby
08-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Those pictures showing the police box just highlight how farcical this whole project has been from start to finish. Poorly designed, poorly managed, over budget and late.

Out of interest, now that the have this grand plaza/piazza or whatever they're calling it, where are players/staff etc going to park?

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Those pictures showing the police box just highlight how farcical this whole project has been from start to finish. Poorly designed, poorly managed, over budget and late.

Out of interest, now that the have this grand plaza/piazza or whatever they're calling it, where are players/staff etc going to park?

In the underground car park they've just built, of course. The biggest underground car park in Scotland.

Ronniekirk
08-11-2017, 11:24 AM

I don't want to be premature but it would probably be fake i don't normally like comparisons but the frontage is nothing more than bog ordinary standard office / shopping mall look The badge and name are completely add ons done on the cheap ,further evidence this structure hasn't been well thought out
They can talk it up all they want but in private a lot of them must be wondering how it cost what it did for such a poor return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
08-11-2017, 11:26 AM
It's fantastic to mock these imbeciles! However a wee bit off topic-ish, could folk using our own toilets at Easter Road please stop pissing in the sinks! It's ****ing disgusting and believe it or not it's where we wash our hands! Thanks.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 11:28 AM
A very poorly managed over budget project for a bog standard dated looking stand that looks nothing like the plans and only marginally increases their capacity. Genuinely could not make HMFC up.

Geo_1875
08-11-2017, 11:30 AM
In the underground car park they've just built, of course. The biggest underground car park in Scotland.

Probably still be using the old council car park for free.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2017, 11:33 AM
It's fantastic to mock these imbeciles! However a wee bit off topic-ish, could folk using our own toilets at Easter Road please stop pissing in the sinks! It's ****ing disgusting and believe it or not it's where we wash our hands! Thanks.

I’ve never seen anyone do this at Easter Road? The toilets are huge and you never have to wait long?

Col2
08-11-2017, 11:33 AM
They have started a dot count and this is confusing them all re final capacity.

To avoid the thorny subject of 20k or less they have made broad assumption that any gap will be down to huge number of premium and hospitality seats, rather than go with an accurate capacity figure.

Oh and by the way they haven’t sold out yet despite the grand opening of the new mega dome.

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Photos from the twitter feed

19642 19643 19644

Peevemor
08-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Well if there was a picture, it'd be a selfie.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 11:37 AM

19642 19643 19644

The picture on the right shows the seats behind the police box. They should be ashamed if they're charging money for those. Anyone towards the front won't see a thing - totally pointless being there.

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
The picture on the right shows the seats behind the police box. They should be ashamed if they're charging money for those. Anyone towards the front won't see a thing - totally pointless being there.

Brokebackers assure us that the 200 seats that have this blocked view have not been sold. The Police Box will be removed next year.

It begs the question - Why not remove it in the first place when you’re spending millions on the new stand? Why open a brand new stand where you have restricted view seats...pretty sure their mega ‘chips will be sold’ announcement stated there would be no restricted views.

Pete
08-11-2017, 11:48 AM

19642 19643 19644

So even if they do cut the police box back, there will still be seats that can’t see one of the goals due to the pink girder.

I’m beginning to think they’ve made a hash of this.

green day
08-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Brokebackers assure us that the 200 seats that have this blocked view have not been sold. The Police Box will be removed next year.

It begs the question - Why not remove it in the first place when you’re spending millions on the new stand? Why open a brand new stand where you have restricted view seats...pretty sure their mega ‘chips will be sold’ announcement stated there would be no restricted views.

Unless, of course, Budge etc were fully aware that they could not complete the new police box on time, as it will be part of the internal fit out which was never going to be ready on the first, second or any other deadline in 2017.

I think she has lied to the gimps all along - any other clubs fans I would have a smidgin of sympathy - but these radges accept whatever queen anne tells them so hell mend them.

Eaststandee
08-11-2017, 11:56 AM
The puddle drinkers are trying to get a whip-round going to pay for the stand. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173272-cash-towards-new-stand/

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 11:57 AM

When you put it like that 😂😂

Kojock
08-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Even if they do remove the police box the floodlight pylon will still obscure the view from some seats as it goes right through the middle of the box.

Jack Hackett
08-11-2017, 11:59 AM
https://random.carrd.co/assets/images/gallery01/12_original.jpg?v95297968800151 (https://random.carrd.co/assets/images/gallery01/12_original.jpg?v95297968800151)

Will that be the way the office windows are lit once the stand's open? ie will you be able to see people working and assorted office furniture etc? I had thought the purpose of the glass curtain was to present a kind of seamless screen that you wouldn't actually be able to see through? That seemed to be what the original plans showed before they were scaled back:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwM9PO_fomRqsQXE3R7q2OF4I52ox3O KZjbBvUxfz7-b110EiAlA

This Jambo got a telling off for looking at the stand at night time, apparently the curtain wall magically appears in daylight !

It looks like an annex to the school

jeffers
08-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Either I'm being really thick or just missed the explanation, but how the F can you knock down a stand and erect a new one with a police control box blocking the view of some of the seats ??

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Even MarathonBet are getting in on ripping the stand on Twitter

#pleasing

Jack Hackett
08-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Either I'm being really thick or just missed the explanation, but how the F can you knock down a stand and erect a new one with a police control box blocking the view of some of the seats ??

This is the club that proclaimed Cathro 'The future of Scottish football' before he'd managed a single game. Foresight is not one of their specialities...

... Or competence!

My_Wife_Camille
08-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Didn’t Budge say in one of her statements that the box was going to be cut back during the winter break?

Plenty to laugh at but the police box thing doesn’t seem like one of them...yet

Iain G
08-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Interesting. So in other words this type of 'curtain' doesn't actually screen anything? And the overall look is really just office windows, with their current, vaguely streamlined look (give or take a row or four of grey panels and a few white ones under the badge) set to be compromised once they fit out the offices with desks, screens, shelves and assorted office clutter?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6U9WFhyS4fquLwxbQ-njGmImKn_2FKT4vo1rP4q6qqI7pvXcJ

Nope its just the terminology used to describe a facade that doesn't support the weight of any of the building elements, unlike a traditional masonry building for example where the external walls support the roof (and will partly transfer the loads from the roof down to the foundations).

Here the primary internal structure (the steelwork) takes all of the load and the curtain wall keeps the rain out and the Yams in!

jeffers
08-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Didn’t Budge say in one of her statements that the box was going to be cut back during the winter break?

Plenty to laugh at but the police box thing doesn’t seem like one of them...yet

Maybe so, but why would they even need to if they'd done it right in the first place ? I'm assuming they must have built the new stand around the old control box ?? Any other reason defies logic.

G B Young
08-11-2017, 12:13 PM
So even if they do cut the police box back, there will still be seats that can’t see one of the goals due to the pink girder.

I’m beginning to think they’ve made a hash of this.

Those pics are causing a fair bit of outrage on kickback, with demands for the 'Hibby photographer' to be sacked from his job on site and claims that the angle the pics are taken from make the situation look worse than it is.

My favourite quote so far tho is:

"Priorities are to get the stadium built to standards that mean we can open. 200 restricted view seats is nothing when you consider us being able to get back home."

Hibs4185
08-11-2017, 12:18 PM
What the f***ing hell is that!"

can't wait for a few rendetions of this on the 27th...if its ready that is 😂😂

what a shambles of a club

Springbank
08-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Those pics are causing a fair bit of outrage on kickback, with demands for the 'Hibby photographer' to be sacked from his job on site and claims that the angle the pics are taken from make the situation look worse than it is.

"Priorities are to get the stadium built to standards that mean we can open. 200 restricted view seats is nothing when you consider us being able to get back home."

As we enter Panto Season, I read the part in bold and had Little Maroon Riding Hood's story in mind

LMRH - "Why what a big stand you have"

Jambos - "All the better to Booooooo you with at half time and full time my dear"

EH54
08-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Think I'll show my appreciation to Marathon bet by putting on a tenner on Hearts being relegated :D

O'Rourke3
08-11-2017, 12:34 PM
The puddle drinkers are trying to get a whip-round going to pay for the stand. You couldn't make it up.

"Apparently we are needing more money for the stand, I know, let's have a whip round" - got to be a Hibby. Hooked many with that one :thumbsup:

I especially like the guy that's asking for details of a salary sacrifice - must be another Hibby.

All the PHM who aren't already Foundation. Is the the thrid or fourth Christmas where Santa's not visiting?

Biggie
08-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Gotta laugh, on the EEN article it says hearts have already been in touch with Hibs about this......wtf ?
I hope Hibs told them to **** off, why contact hibs ?.....

yams "boo ****ing hoo, your sponsers ripped the pish out of us"........
Hibs "aye, and what do you want us to do about that ?"

Having said that, bit of a gamble by Marathonbet whilst quite funny, dangerous game ripping the pish out of potential customers.

MagicSwirlingShip
08-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Craig Fowler greeting about it in his article on EEN.

Anyone after a good laugh should check out his “analysis” on The Monday Night Football Podcast from after the recent Derby.

Almost Cathro-esque ramblings 😂

MyJo
08-11-2017, 12:41 PM

200 restricted view seats is nothing.....in a brand-new, purpose built stand designed and built from the ground up and costing £15m :faf:

Scott Allan Key
08-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Even MarathonBet are getting in on ripping the stand on Twitter

#pleasing

Got a link? Can’t find on MBets twitter feed.

HibbySpurs
08-11-2017, 12:46 PM
https://random.carrd.co/assets/images/gallery01/12_original.jpg?v95297968800151 (https://random.carrd.co/assets/images/gallery01/12_original.jpg?v95297968800151)

Will that be the way the office windows are lit once the stand's open? ie will you be able to see people working and assorted office furniture etc? I had thought the purpose of the glass curtain was to present a kind of seamless screen that you wouldn't actually be able to see through? That seemed to be what the original plans showed before they were scaled back:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwM9PO_fomRqsQXE3R7q2OF4I52ox3O KZjbBvUxfz7-b110EiAlA

This Jambo got a telling off for looking at the stand at night time, apparently the curtain wall magically appears in daylight !

Tin hat on here a wee bit.... Whilst I've looked at various pictures and thought WTF, like toilets, the hilarious police command box fiasco and the general amateur night production of the whole thing.....

The above photo actually makes the rear of the stand look a reasonable addition to the area, it fits with the surrounding buildings (as it should) and looks like it belongs where it is. Maybe it's the night time thing I don't know but from that view it isn't a total disgrace.

Having said that it probably fits in well because Gorgie is a dump anyway, but the architect has made that bit work (most likely made to by the town planning department mind).

Mikey
08-11-2017, 12:47 PM

That's a fantastic idea. It just takes 1.5m people to donate a tenner each to cover the cost.

Or they could steal it from a Bosnian pension fund.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Can’t believe Hearts have called Hibs to moan about the tweet. What a bunch of horrible ********s. Can’t take anyone having a laugh at their horrible tin pot stand.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 12:49 PM
That's a fantastic idea. It just takes 1.5m people to donate a tenner each to cover the cost.

Or they could steal it from a Bosnian pension fund.

£40 each from their 400,00 supporters should be doable.

O'Rourke3
08-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Tin hat on here a wee bit.... Whilst I've looked at various pictures and thought WTF, like toilets, the hilarious police command box fiasco and the general amateur night production of the whole thing.....

The above photo actually makes the rear of the stand look a reasonable addition to the area, it fits with the surrounding buildings (as it should) and looks like it belongs where it is. Maybe it's the night time thing I don't know but from that view it isn't a total disgrace.

Having said that it probably fits in well because Gorgie is a dump anyway, but the architect has made that bit work (most likely made to by the town planning department mind).

You are correct, but reasonable addition to the area was not how it was publically presented. It was to be in the running for Architectuarl Treasure of the Millenium.....

MyJo
08-11-2017, 12:53 PM

it says its been deleted

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-sponsors-poke-fun-at-hearts-new-main-stand-1-4607954

snooky
08-11-2017, 12:54 PM
"Apparently we are needing more money for the stand, I know, let's have a whip round" - got to be a Hibby. Hooked many with that one :thumbsup:

I especially like the guy that's asking for details of a salary sacrifice - must be another Hibby.

All the PHM who aren't already Foundation. Is the the thrid or fourth Christmas where Santa's not visiting?

Tynie - the only place in the world where Santa comes and takes away the presents and leaves another carrot.

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 12:56 PM

They’ve removed the original tweet and issued an apology based on a word used on one of the pics

Deansy
08-11-2017, 12:58 PM
It's stunning. Their pomposity that is.

Doing a word-quiz today I came across a word I've never heard of before - Grandiloquent !. Definition : Pompous or extravagant in language, style, or manner, especially in a way that is intended to impress

And I thought - 'How ironic .........................'

Andy.1875
08-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Seems the side is being put on.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/20171108_133426.jpg.af9f4b608fc6bc2100d13941da3d78 ce.jpg

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Hearts have sent out a statement 😳

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6316

hibee_girl
08-11-2017, 01:01 PM

:faf:

Slowly but surely turning into The Rangers

08-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Hahahah yeessssssss

Goading statements out of the huns and now the diets.

Geo_1875
08-11-2017, 01:02 PM

It doesn't look like the newest building in that picture.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2017, 01:03 PM

Who’s that aimed at

CyberSauzee
08-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Can’t believe Hearts have called Hibs to moan about the tweet. What a bunch of horrible ********s. Can’t take anyone having a laugh at their horrible tin pot stand.

What I was thinking. Shows they must have someone dedicated full-time to snub any bad news (fake?) news stories and try and put a positive spin on it.

Looking at the pictures of the outside it reminded me of something I saw recently. It won an award...

https://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/carbuncle-cup-2017-winner-announced/5089506.article

Maybe the Yams new office block might be in with a chance for it next year. If it ever gets finished.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Who’s that aimed at

Both Hibs and MarathonBet.

Horrible club they really are. Wonder if they will say anything about Laffertys tweet??

Oscar T Grouch
08-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Who’s that aimed at

I think Marathon Bet, they retweeted the photos of the restricted view seats this morning, taking the P a wee bit but totally in line with their Twitter patter.

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171108/95153b65feda70d20f9cc1625f5a0d4a.jpg

I might take offence to this 🤭

O'Rourke3
08-11-2017, 01:11 PM

The Seethe is strong in this one Lord Vadar.......

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:12 PM
What I was thinking. Shows they must have someone dedicated full-time to snub any bad news (fake?) news stories and try and put a positive spin on it.

Looking at the pictures of the outside it reminded me of something I saw recently. It won an award...

https://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/carbuncle-cup-2017-winner-announced/5089506.article

Maybe the Yams new office block might be in with a chance for it next year. If it ever gets finished.

Good chance their new stand will win if that’s what won it before 😂

Geo_1875
08-11-2017, 01:12 PM
I think Marathon Bet, they retweeted the photos of the restricted view seats this morning, taking the P a wee bit but totally in line with their Twitter patter.

They take the same approach as Paddy Power and rip the pish on social media. No doubt they'll backtrack now and Kowtow to Dr Budge like the rest of Scottish football.

08-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Good chance their new stand will win if that’s what won it before 😂

Careful what you're posting - Hearts might release a statement about it.

CyberSauzee
08-11-2017, 01:15 PM

:greengrin

MyJo
08-11-2017, 01:16 PM
So good.....all we need now is an open letter from someone on kickback and it'll be just like the good old days of Mad Vlad :faf:

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:17 PM

It genuinely would not surprise me.

MyJo
08-11-2017, 01:17 PM

I'm offended by the fact he thinks he would get anywhere near our team :hilarious

Billychaotic182
08-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Craig Fowler greeting about it in his article on EEN.

Anyone after a good laugh should check out his “analysis” on The Monday Night Football Podcast from after the recent Derby.

Almost Cathro-esque ramblings 😂

I actually really like Craig and is Work. The Terrace podcast is a breath of fresh air compared to sportsound.

Sioux
08-11-2017, 01:18 PM
We better get our finger out. We're falling behind;

"Thank goodness we’ve moved beyond being sponsored by shady, morally dubious outfits. We’re different class as an organisation."

Different class? Different effen planet!

Eaststandee
08-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Hertz fans trying to take the moral high ground via sponsors, a couple of years ago they were taking backhanders from Wonga to keep them afloat.

Oscar T Grouch
08-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Evening News running with this non story. Complaining about a joke is weird, if you dinae find it funny, ignore it. I hope Marathon Bet leave it up. Twitter is fun the now though. Thanks MB :thumbsup:

Kato
08-11-2017, 01:24 PM
We better get our finger out. We're falling behind;

"Thank goodness we’ve moved beyond being sponsored by shady, morally dubious outfits. We’re different class as an organisation."

Different class? Different effen planet!

They aren't sponsored by Save The Chidren, a third party pays STC and Hearts to allow Hearts to wear the logo.

Iain G
08-11-2017, 01:24 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/20171108_133426.jpg.af9f4b608fc6bc2100d13941da3d78 ce.jpg

Have they got planning permission for the addition of a giant Rubik's Cube?!? :greengrin

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
I'm offended by the fact he thinks he would get anywhere near our team :hilarious

Haha exactly.

Kato
08-11-2017, 01:26 PM

I wonder if Potter will take umbrage at Laffaminutes latest tweets. By my reckoning he won't, their constant digs at Hibs whenever they sign a player/have a derby coming up/open a bag of crisps/are in earshot of journalist will carry on without comment.

Hibs4185
Official response from Hibernian FC

"aye yer stand is pish and thanks to our Terrific and engaging sponsors marathonbet for flagging this embarrassment to Edinburgh up"

Pete
I don’t know what’s more embarrassing.

Hearts releasing an official statement or Kyle Lafferty calling us pish.

Things ain’t right down that way and it’s really showing.

MyJo
08-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Evening News running with this non story. Complaining about a joke is weird, if you dinae find it funny, ignore it. I hope Marathon Bet leave it up. Twitter is fun the now though. Thanks MB :thumbsup:

I think the problem was that one of the snapchats had a naughty, offensive word in it and thats why it was taken down, nothing to do with the mini-huns getting thier knickers in a twist.

As for the yams and thier "sponsors"....the less said about Wonga, Ukio Bankas and All-Sports the better i would think given the shadyness of all these companies that have backed them

Thecat23
08-11-2017, 01:27 PM
I wonder if Potter will take umbrage at Laffaminutes latest tweets. By my reckoning he won't he their constant digs at Hibs whenever they sign a player/have a derby coming up/open a bag of crisps/are in earshot of journalist will carry on without comment.

You are bang on, Levein is obsessed on another level with us and has always had sly digs at the club. Difference is we ignore him and laugh. They mutants are just about in tears over a tweet!!

G B Young
08-11-2017, 01:28 PM

“This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it."

WTF does THAT mean? What 'demeaning trends' are these?

It amazes me that they would get so hot and bothered about such a minor issue that they'd blow it up into something much more inflammatory. Dour, humourless f****** who can't take a joke as you say. Typical yams basically.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2017, 01:30 PM
They are getting sensitive about any criticism because very shortly they are going to have to come clean on exactly how much this is costing for what looks like a new version of the wheatfield.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2017, 01:32 PM
“This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it."

Vladesque paranoia. Have they remembered to include a press box in the new 'design', so that she can leave monkey nuts out there?

Kato
08-11-2017, 01:32 PM
You are bang on, Levein is obsessed on another level with us and has always had sly digs at the club. Difference is we ignore him and laugh. They mutants are just about in tears over a tweet!!

Truth hurts, bud.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2017, 01:34 PM

It amazes me that they would get so hot and bothered about such a minor issue that they'd blow it up into something much more inflammatory. Dour, humourless f****** who can't take a joke as you say. Typical yams basically.

In this instance, I think HMFC were right to complain.

It seems Marathon Bet agree:-

We apologise for our recent post in relation to the new stand at Tynecastle. When sharing the existing images we didn’t identify that one of the photos contained a derogatory word. We sincerely apologise for any offence caused.

Kato
08-11-2017, 01:37 PM
They are getting sensitive about any criticism because very shortly they are going to have to come clean on exactly how much this is costing for what looks like a new version of the wheatfield.

That's probably true. A kneejerk reaction like that shows whoever posted (HIYA, DOAKTER BUDGE!! HIYA) is under a bit pressure.

Next week will be fun.

Eaststandee
08-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Not sure the use of the word is a minor issue, TBH. We'd not be happy about it being used against us.

It wasn't Marathon Bet who used the word, they posted a picture without noticing it was offensive, then when they did notice they deleted it and apologised, then a statement was released.

If Hibs released a statement about a tweet I would be utterly embarrassed.

It all smacks of Dr Budge trying to get the yams onside before another statement is released..

Hibernia&Alba

What are they slavering about?

We apologise for our recent post in relation to the new stand at Tynecastle. When sharing the existing images we didn’t identify that one of the photos contained a derogatory word. We sincerely apologise for any offence caused.

Except they were bleating about "misinformation" and "attempts to ridicule the club" instead of just the offensive word in one of the images.

Kato
08-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Except they were bleating about "misinformation" and "attempts to ridicule the club" instead of just the offensive word in one of the images.

Exactly, thin skinned now they are down on their uppers.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2017, 01:43 PM
I actually really like Craig and is Work. The Terrace podcast is a breath of fresh air compared to sportsound.

Yeah I didn't have too much of an issue with the derby analysis. Fowler said that Hibs were dominant without necessarily creating a lot of clearcut chances. The one to listen to is post 2016 cup final. Joel Sked, nearly has a breakdown on air. Very funny. I do really like the Terrace tho, all clubs get poked fun at, particularly Hearts and Rangers at present.

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 01:43 PM

That would be true if they were complaining about the offensive word. I agree with the marathonbet statement though. I wish people wouldn’t use that word, I hate it.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2017, 01:45 PM

If they'd stuck to complaining about the single word, I agree. But that's not what they were most bothered about. Their statement is clear that they don't like being made fun of. Which is amazing really, as they give us all so much material.

SanFranHibs
08-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Why have they placed the doormat so far from the front door?

Hideous may be too strong but it is not too much of a stretch for me. Even the different colour of the 2 panels at the bottom of their crest look as if they ran out.

If it wasn't built in the style of a 1970's government office it might be innovative. Alas, the only 'innovation' is having a 1970's office style building as the front of a football club. This might be a first.

Although credit is a word not to be used lightly with Hearts, credit must be given to them for making £15 million look very cheap.

Hibee87
08-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Am I blind or has somthing been edited as I cant see any wording that would cause offence :confused::confused::confused:

Peevemor
08-11-2017, 01:49 PM
It wasn't Marathon Bet who used the word, they posted a picture without noticing it was offensive, then when they did notice they deleted it and apologised, then a statement was released.

If Hibs released a statement about a tweet I would be utterly embarrassed.

It all smacks of Dr Budge trying to get the yams onside before another statement is released..

:agree: She knows that they're starting to look daft over the stand saga and a potential further delay will be making her more twitchy.

Wilson
08-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Am I blind or has somthing been edited as I cant see any wording that would cause offence :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe it is describing tynecastle as a park when it is more of a condominium.

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
It’s on the actual pictures, running from top to bottom mate.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 01:58 PM
It’s on the actual pictures, running from top to bottom mate.

What was the word? I hope it was accurate.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.V3bG7lebRwZB_4PdBmnp6wEsDh&w=272&h=204&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.15&pid=1.7

Andy74
08-11-2017, 01:58 PM
A bit rich of Budge to be talking about delivering misinformation on their stand!

GlesgaeHibby
08-11-2017, 02:06 PM
A bit rich of Budge to be talking about delivering misinformation on their stand!

:faf::top marksReady by 9th Sept minus the seats?!?

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 02:07 PM

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.V3bG7lebRwZB_4PdBmnp6wEsDh&w=272&h=204&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.15&pid=1.7

Carheenlea
08-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Should MarathonBet be making jokes at Hearts expense? Probably not, but Hearts throwing the toys out the pram and releasing statements says more about them.
A dull, joyless, humourless club.

JimBHibees
08-11-2017, 02:08 PM

What did tweet say?

JimBHibees
08-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Should MarathonBet be making jokes at Hearts expense? Probably not, but Hearts throwing the toys out the pram and releasing statements says more about them.

Absolutely it gives them an opportunity for a bit of deflection just like the hoo haa over Marv's tweet after the derby they are desperate at the moment and will clutch at anything to deflect from their on and off pitch performance.

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 02:15 PM
What did tweet say?

I didn’t see the Marathonbet tweet.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 02:17 PM
What did tweet say?

There was a small pic attached calling them a horrible name for disabled people back in school days. I don't think the pic was noticed with the word when marathon bet laughed at their restricted view ****hole and I don't think that's what hearts are complaining about.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2017, 02:18 PM
That would be true if they were complaining about the offensive word. I agree with the marathonbet statement though. I wish people wouldn’t use that word, I hate it.

Yeah, I've seen it used on here, and it's brutal.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2017, 02:20 PM
I didn’t see the Marathonbet tweet.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I've seen it used on here, and it's brutal.

Lack of class and vocabulary as my mum said when I was wee whilst giving me a skelp for saying it once and once only.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Most bookies twitter accounts are mainly used for having a bit of a laugh and mocking things that happen in sport - Paddy Power & B365 are 2 of the main ones. Things really are taken too seriously these days.

majorhibs
08-11-2017, 02:42 PM

He had far too much class & talent to be in the same sentence as the poppy theives.

(Sorry, meant pic of former F1 champ there)

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2017, 02:44 PM

A grey, cord wearing, boring uncle of a club.

majorhibs
08-11-2017, 02:44 PM

This one! The accurate one!

truehibernian
08-11-2017, 02:45 PM

That’s the team talk done for the next derby - they’re the gift that keeps on giving. Players that do their talking off the pitch is exactly why we’re above them and better than them. Anyone wanting him at Hibs in summer needed their head examined. A cheat on the pitch too. Seriously cannot wait for the derby.

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Surely the complaint is to MarathonBet though and not Hibs?

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 02:51 PM

That pish are 10 points ahead of his club and have not lost a derby in 8. He should really stop talking so much.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 02:51 PM

Complain and moan to as many as possible to deflect the ***** on the pitch or the mess of the stand.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2017, 02:52 PM

The statement was a dig at MarathonBet, not us.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 02:52 PM
That pish are 10 points ahead of his club and have not lost a derby in 8. He should really stop talking so much.

Laffing stock isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

green day
08-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Very poor use of words on the snapchat, and Marathonbet shouldnt have sent it.

Having said that, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see the jambos thrashing themselves into a frenzy about it :greengrin:greengrin

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 02:53 PM

He's thick as sin and a ****ter footballer then he is a wind up merchant. He's completely finished. Good wages he's shafting them mind.

Stokes or Lafferty? Hibernian or Hearts? 😂

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Although according to the EEN they have contacted Hibs about it??

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 02:54 PM

The news said they have complained to us too.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 02:57 PM

What do they want us to do? Ground Marathonbet and stop their pocket money? Poor lambs

Winston Ingram
08-11-2017, 02:59 PM
JKB Meltdown‏ @JKBmeltdown 9m9 minutes ago
More
Ann Budge is like the maw that constantly calls up the school to complain about everything and anything.

MyJo
08-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Budge: Your sponsors have been tweeting about our super-duper new stand and making fun of its restricted views, what are you going to do about that?

Hibs: :dunno: Laugh?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2017, 03:05 PM
The news said they have complained to us too.

Chances are that the first phone call was to us, to ask us to contact Marathonbet.

jacomo
08-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Could this project be going worse??

By the way, remember EEN's glee when reporting that a worker on our East Stand project had buried a Hearts strip in the foundations?

Just a bit of banter eh? They don't like it when the jokes on them eh?

PS Marathon Bet's apology is for inadvertently tweeting a rude word

calumhibee1
08-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Chances are that the first phone call was to us, to ask us to contact Marathonbet.

What a strange phone call that would be. “Hi Hibs. Can you phone a company for us that you have no control over and tell them to stop slagging us please?”

Marathon Bets tweet had absolutely nothing in it linking it to Hibs.

Brightside
08-11-2017, 03:11 PM
What do they want us to do? Ground Marathonbet and stop their pocket money? Poor lambs

They are obv trying to get Tom Zanelli sacked...which is piss poor of the "big team"

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Hearts are the big team. Surely stuff like this is water off a ducks back for such a giant of world football?

08-11-2017, 03:13 PM
I like how MB apologised for the word but not for taking the piss out of their stand. Well worded.

davhibby
08-11-2017, 03:13 PM
The tweet would still be there if they'd not missed the word before they sent it. If I was a Hearts fan I'd be embarrassed

GloryGlory
08-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Budge: Your sponsors have been tweeting about our super-duper new stand and making fun of its restricted views, what are you going to do about that?

Hibs: :dunno: Laugh?

Extend their deal for a year for nowt? :greengrin :na na:

Iain G
08-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Could this project be going worse??

By the way, remember EEN's glee when reporting that a worker on our East Stand project had buried a Hearts strip in the foundations?

Just a bit of banter eh? They don't like it when the jokes on them eh?

PS Marathon Bet's apology is for inadvertently tweeting a rude word

At least our stand has foundations :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Hearts are well and trully owned by us both on and off the pitch and this is more proof of that. They need to get used to it for their own sanity.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 03:24 PM
Now phoning Hibs to complain about tweets by sponsors. They aren't taking their recent derby record well; sounds like they're on the verge of a meltdown.

Aldo
08-11-2017, 03:25 PM
It’s fair to say the planning and design of all this is amateur at its very best and once again this latest statement portrays them as the victims. REALLY!

So this build started in Feb and we are now into Nov yet no questions are being asked by the pro yam Edinburgh media!

The funny thing is I sent the restricted view seating behind the Police box to a yam associated and he told me that it was already sorted. I told him that this was today’s photo and he didn’t believe me.

This boy cannot see what’s in front of his face!

Hibby70
08-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Marathon should crop the pic and repost the tweet

Sioux
08-11-2017, 03:32 PM
We now have the answer re the glass curtain;

There is curtain wall - however there is no "glass curtain"

This by the A-hole that knows all about construction. He's on the job! So there you have it. The glass curtain has now morphed into a curtain wall - whatever that is.

kaimendhibs
08-11-2017, 03:37 PM
A grey, cord wearing, boring uncle of a club.Not forgetting the ****ty socks and smelly set for christmas

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
08-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Curtain wall = Terrilyne

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 03:43 PM

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173272-cash-towards-new-stand/You can hardly blame the few enlightened yams that still ask questions for wanting to start again surely. Especially now that they see what they are going to be paying for.

CorrieHibs
08-11-2017, 03:44 PM

He should concentrating on his nations WC qualifier instead of having twitter arguments.

What a welt!

I would like to think we're much happier that he didn't sign. Waste of a jersey.

green day
08-11-2017, 03:44 PM
I do note that JKB have a thread greetin about Marathonbet, but nothing about the offensive language used toward Dean Sheils.

Wonder why?

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 03:49 PM

"Priorities are to get the stadium built to standards that mean we can open. 200 restricted view seats is nothing when you consider us being able to get back home."It's a storm in a teacup.

With a hardcore 400,000 fans 0.05 of them will be in excess of 7ft tall. Launch an exclusive innovative premium gold cardigan club ticket for the vertically blessed and the givers will be queueing up.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Hertz fans trying to take the moral high ground via sponsors, a couple of years ago they were taking backhanders from Wonga to keep them afloat.One club in Scotland uniquely has the stigma of not giving cash they collected to the lady Haig Poppy fund and listed it themselves in their very own creditors list.

Moral high ground? Only if they are allowed to distance themselves from it.

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2017, 04:01 PM
I do note that JKB have a thread greetin about Marathonbet, but nothing about the offensive language used toward Dean Sheils.

Wonder why?

Don’t know why they would have one about Shiels tbf

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 04:02 PM

Hibs: :dunno: Laugh?We're going to ask for a retraction and say it's a great view after all.

Yams, deary me, if only they could cobble a few wins together.......

haagsehibby
08-11-2017, 04:34 PM

I hope they also contacted Malaga and Dinamo Kiev to express their outrage :wink:

fat freddy
08-11-2017, 04:52 PM
I hope they also contacted Malaga and Dinamo Kiev to express their outrage :wink:

And Man Utd. Marathon have some sort of sponsorship deal at Old Trafford too.

I expext that Anne phoned Jose to complain.

Its what Big Clubs do

theonlywayisup
08-11-2017, 05:53 PM
And Man Utd. Marathon have some sort of sponsorship deal at Old Trafford too.

I expext that Anne phoned Jose to complain.

Its what Big Clubs do

She did :agree:

Jose said "Heart of where..........."

weecounty hibby
08-11-2017, 05:59 PM
The stand project is a shambles, their club is a shambles, their team is a shambles but I think MBs tweet will allow them to play the victim card. Not for the pics or what they said but for the word used. Horrible word that was bad enough when I was growing up in the70s but is disgraceful that anyone would use it nowadays. Their chums in the media will no doubt be backing them up and will be right on our cases. MB seem to be a very good sponsor but I can't help but feel this isn't their finest hour

HibbyDave
08-11-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm sure that one of the posters on JKB had indicated that Thursday is a "big-day" for them regarding (lack-of) progress on the megadome. Expect a further statement about the Partick match and maybe even other games in the near future.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 06:17 PM
She did :agree:

Jose said "Heart of where..........."Midlothian. It's a region in Scotland , not in or including Edinburgh. [emoji6]

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm sure that one of the posters on JKB had indicated that Thursday is a "big-day" for them regarding (lack-of) progress on the megadome. Expect a further statement about the Partick match and maybe even other games in the near future.

Right after the big bad everyone is against them statement?

greenginger
08-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Right after the big bad everyone is against them statement?

Yep, those nasty Council Officials have still not issued a Building Warrant to allow work to start. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
08-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Midlothian. It's a region in Scotland , not in or including Edinburgh. [emoji6]

I think it's Mid..er..albion... at least that's what Phil Neville thought they were called :greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 06:30 PM
I think it's Mid..er..albion... at least that's what Phil Neville thought they were called :greengrinMid albion? Is that what the chocolate brown coloured doughnut thing made out of driveway bricks on the "piazza" represents?

On a good day it looks vaguely like the old heart of Midlothian up the high street.

lord bunberry
08-11-2017, 06:33 PM
The stand project is a shambles, their club is a shambles, their team is a shambles but I think MBs tweet will allow them to play the victim card. Not for the pics or what they said but for the word used. Horrible word that was bad enough when I was growing up in the70s but is disgraceful that anyone would use it nowadays. Their chums in the media will no doubt be backing them up and will be right on our cases. MB seem to be a very good sponsor but I can't help but feel this isn't their finest hour
It wasn’t Marathonbet that used the word, they retweeted pictures that had the word on it. It’s an honest mistake that was quickly rectified.

WoreTheGreen
08-11-2017, 06:34 PM
I think it's Mid..er..albion... at least that's what Phil Neville thought they were called :greengrin

Anyone noticed the floodlight is built through the polis box you can shift the box but the floodlight?

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Yep, those nasty Council Officials have still not issued a Building Warrant to allow work to start. :greengrin

It wouldn't surprise me if its a Banderson exclusive the morn mate.

WhileTheChief..
08-11-2017, 06:38 PM
We’d better stop all this teasing or Hearts will be out with a statement condemning .net

08-11-2017, 06:40 PM
I’m composing a statement right now because someone called me a fud on twitter.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Surely The Rangers will release a statement about the Hearts statement, saying they condemn statements.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Big Marv will be all over this next derby. Thanks Laugherty

weecounty hibby
08-11-2017, 06:48 PM
It wasn’t Marathonbet that used the word, they retweeted pictures that had the word on it. It’s an honest mistake that was quickly rectified.

Yep, I get that. But it is now linked to MB and Hibs unfortunately. It's not really been rectified either. MB took it down ages ago but it is all over the interweb. You can't undo stuff like that once it's out there. It gives the Jambos an out when we are giving them stick about their club. If it hadn't been for the use of that word it would have been very funny. Unfortunately someone wasn't paying attention when they retweeted the pictures

G B Young
08-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Sorry if posted already, but the Record have gone with a more newsworthy angle than all that nonsense stirred up by the Evening News about Marathonbet:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-ridiculed-you-cant-see-11487036

Hearts were never NOT going to sell tickets for those seats. They need the money too much. And for a club which was happy to sell season tickets for a stand which didn't exist this comes as no surprise.

Northernhibee
08-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Have they received their share certificates yet?

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 06:53 PM
We’d better stop all this teasing or Hearts will be out with a statement condemning .netThey should get club 1872 to do it for them. Grammar and spelling is much better and bellicose righteous indignation is so much funnier. Years of practice.

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Hearts 😂😂😂 #TheGiftThatKeepsOnGiving

GreenOnions
08-11-2017, 06:57 PM
:hahaha:

Ha, ha
I'm sure they've just transported my old '60s built secondary school to Gorgie and put it in front of their pitch

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Yep, I get that. But it is now linked to MB and Hibs unfortunately. It's not really been rectified either. MB took it down ages ago but it is all over the interweb. You can't undo stuff like that once it's out there. It gives the Jambos an out when we are giving them stick about their club. If it hadn't been for the use of that word it would have been very funny. Unfortunately someone wasn't paying attention when they retweeted the picturesI'm with you on this and am no fan of bookies. Sponsors come and go and this one have something in their set up that never avoided a mistake or managed it too well, but mistake it was. Someone will deservedly get a boot.

Being sponsored by the likes of wonga during the peak of their lending problems and staying with them and saying nothing about it wasn't a mistake, nor was bumping the many social organisations and the odd charity out of funds and using that money deliberately elsewhere, that was deliberate and if there was any remorse or regret I must have missed it.

Any port in a storm though, there's more bad news coming from the gorgie Maracana.

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Let's be honest. They won't be playing Partick at Tynecastle. Waiting for the inevitable delay statement.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Let's be honest. They won't be playing Partick at Tynecastle. Waiting for the inevitable delay statement.Agree. It was marathon bet that done it.

Firestarter
08-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Let's be honest. They won't be playing Partick at Tynecastle. Waiting for the inevitable delay statement.

Aye they will, match postponed and the spfl that budge is on the board plus today's stuff coupled with their statement will aid it.

jacomo
08-11-2017, 07:08 PM

From what I could see, it was a very mild dig at the Jambos.

Hearts over reaction is hilarious.

weecounty hibby
08-11-2017, 07:12 PM
From what I could see, it was a very mild dig at the Jambos.

Hearts over reaction is hilarious.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that like me when I first saw it you haven't noticed the use of a nasty derogatory word on one of the pictures. Take that away and you are correct. Not really MBs fault but they should have proof read first. If you saw the word and think it's ok then I'm pretty stunned really

calumhibee1
08-11-2017, 07:13 PM

100%. That game won’t be played at Tincastle next week.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have the photo of the two workies burying the hibs top and scarf under the stand

SirDavidsNapper
08-11-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure the PBS capacity will be toiling to make 19,000 never mind 20,000.

There is a stadium exiting plan as part of the new stand planning application and it notes their Wheatfield, Roseburn, and Gorgie stands as having capacities of, 5,918 , 3551 , and 3340 respectively.
A total of 12,809.

The deck area of their new stand is made up of seven section of 28 seats and two wing sections with 6 seats in a row. Our East has the same seven sections of 28 seats but our wing sections have 11 seats in them. We have ten seats more per row in our longitudinal stands because our pitch is 6 metres longer than the PBS.

Their new stand will lose seating area for the directors box, dug-out area , press box, stair exits, and bigger seats for the executive bums. 6,200 will be a tight squeeze in that stand, which would be 19009.

Remember the Club has already said there are only just over 5,400 season ticket seats available in the new stand so over 20,000 is a Yam figure pure and simple.

It will be whatever Scott Wilson says it is. So 25k+ no doubt.

greenginger
08-11-2017, 07:38 PM
100%. That game won’t be played at Tincastle next week.

I see on the Heart's ticket web site the visitors are only getting one section of the Roseburn stand for the next 4 games and all the other sectons are reserved for their own support.

Maybe they are thinking they can get an occupation certificate for half the new stand and house the rest of the grunts in their away stand.

G B Young
08-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have the photo of the two workies burying the hibs top and scarf under the stand

I was wondering if somebody would do this. Good to hear if true.

jacomo
08-11-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that like me when I first saw it you haven't noticed the use of a nasty derogatory word on one of the pictures. Take that away and you are correct. Not really MBs fault but they should have proof read first. If you saw the word and think it's ok then I'm pretty stunned really

No must admit I didn't.

Deansy
08-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is* disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.

This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.

For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

Can you be 'demeaning the game' if you -

Lie about being solvent so that a rival club gets relegated when it really should've been your own club ?
Sell shares in your club but then xxxx-off with the money ?
Collect charity-money but then steal/use it for your own purposes ?
Exist for 30+ years on 'Other People's Money' yet call yourself a 'Big Team' and claim that somehow you're 'Famous' ?
Employ players of a standard not normally asssociated with the PBS, use them to attain higher places in league/cup-round but then not pay them for their services ?

Etc, etc ..................

Officially complaining over a wee swear-word that's inadvertently been used on social-media (if that's really what these fan-dans are on about), is petty and trivial and I do think it's a ploy by them to perhaps create a 'Siege-mentality' in advance of some announcement that's coming out soon. Another delay/another cash short-fall/more games at Murrayfield or my personal favourite - confirmation that their capacity IS smaller than ER ?!. I know we find their obsession with 'Size' hilarious but to them it is all-important !. After all the delays, Murrayfield, the over-spend, the criticism their new stand's attracted plus the day they own their club stretching further and further off into the distance - only to discover that 'Tyney IS Tinier' will have a seismic effect at the PBS !

* In the petty and trivial spirit, I'm no grammar-scholar but shouldn't their statement read 'Heart of Midlothian are disappointed .......' - not 'is disappointed' ??

sambajustice
08-11-2017, 08:21 PM
No must admit I didn't.

Apparently... the roseburn end isn't looking too clever. Supposedly the slab isn't complete and the sheeting on the table hasn't been started which apparently translates into "there's no floor there to attach seats to!"

O'Rourke3
08-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Apparently... the roseburn end isn't looking too clever. Supposedly the slab isn't complete and the sheeting on the table hasn't been started which apparently translates into "there's no floor there to attach seats to!"

Why would it look clever its normally half full of half wits?

lapsedhibee
08-11-2017, 08:24 PM
* In the petty and trivial spirit, I'm no grammar-scholar but shouldn't their statement read 'Heart of Midlothian are disappointed .......' - not 'is disappointed' ??

No. 'Football club' can be singular or plural.
'Basket case of a football club', on the other hand, is unequivocally singular. So "is" is right.

Jack Hackett
08-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Heart of Midlothian Football Club is* disappointed to see a partner of the game in Scotland attempt to ridicule the club based on misinformation and the use of potentially offensive and inappropriate language.

This is perhaps indicative of yet another trend which sees those who gain so much from the game, attempt to demean it rather than support it.

For the avoidance of doubt, modifications to our existing control room are scheduled to take place as has already been fully explained to our supporters.

Can you be 'demeaning the game' if you -

Lie about being solvent so that a rival club gets relegated when it really should've been your own club ?
Sell shares in your club but then xxxx-off with the money ?
Collect charity-money but then steal/use it for your own purposes ?
Exist for 30+ years on 'Other People's Money' yet call yourself a 'Big Team' and claim that somehow you're 'Famous' ?
Employ players of a standard not normally asssociated with the PBS, use them to attain higher places in league/cup-round but then not pay them for their services ?

Etc, etc ..................

Officially complaining over a wee swear-word that's inadvertently been used on social-media (if that's really what these fan-dans are on about), is petty and trivial and I do think it's a ploy by them to perhaps create a 'Siege-mentality' in advance of some announcement that's coming out soon. Another delay/another cash short-fall/more games at Murrayfield or my personal favourite - confirmation that their capacity IS smaller than ER ?!. I know we find their obsession with 'Size' hilarious but to them it is all-important !. After all the delays, Murrayfield, the over-spend, the criticism their new stand's attracted plus the day they own their club stretching further and further off into the distance - only to discover that 'Tyney IS Tinier' will have a seismic effect at the PBS !

Technically, it's probably correct because Budgie is Heart of Midlothian. So if you replace 'HOM' with 'Mrs Budge', the sole owner, it's proper grammar like :greengrin

Eyrie
08-11-2017, 10:07 PM
pic

It would have been comedy gold if the last word had been omitted.

Deansy
08-11-2017, 11:10 PM
No. 'Football club' can be singular or plural.
'Basket case of a football club', on the other hand, is unequivocally singular. So "is" is right.

Technically, it's probably correct because Budgie is Heart of Midlothian. So if you replace 'HOM' with 'Mrs Budge', the sole owner, it's proper grammar like :greengrin

Ok, seems to confirm my worst fears - I'm NOT grammar-scholar material :boo hoo:

J-C
09-11-2017, 07:03 AM
I've just driven past their new stand, what a joke, one side still not complete and a builder's yard next to it, the interior still looks totally empty and unfinished with builders all still working, it's at least another 2 months away from being finished, they should be fined by the SFA for that shambles.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 07:27 AM
I've just driven past their new stand, what a joke, one side still not complete and a builder's yard next to it, the interior still looks totally empty and unfinished with builders all still working, it's at least another 2 months away from being finished, they should be fined by the SFA for that shambles.They'll get whatever support they need from the authorities, penalty free, as soon as Mrs Budge finishes her speech telling them that the latest reason for the delays is that supporters of big teams all over the country are laughing at them then running away.

Casey1875
09-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Think I'll show my appreciation to Marathon bet by putting on a tenner on Hearts being relegated :D

It’s not appreciative if you are taking money from them!

HibbyDave
09-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Predict the day and time of the next statement from HMFC here:-
I’ll start with Thursday November 9th at 17.00 hrs.

bingo70
09-11-2017, 07:39 AM
I've just driven past their new stand, what a joke, one side still not complete and a builder's yard next to it, the interior still looks totally empty and unfinished with builders all still working, it's at least another 2 months away from being finished, they should be fined by the SFA for that shambles.

Playing devils advocate for a second I think they’re being quite open about it taking months before the work is completed. I think they’re saying in a couple of weeks they’ll have enough done to allow them to host a game with external catering and I presume portaloos.

I’ve not seen it for months though, do you think this could be feasible?

FilipinoHibs
09-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Predict the day and time of the next statement from HMFC here:-
I’ll start with Thursday November 9th at 17.00 hrs.

Marathon offering 2-1 by 5pm this Friday.

Kato
09-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Playing devils advocate for a second I think they’re being quite open about it taking months before the work is completed.

They've hardly a choice in being open about it or not given that it's not finished yet.

Brunswickbill
09-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Marathon offering 2-1 by 5pm this Friday.

They need to watch out for a £5m wager from an old wifie in Gorgie. Could get their fingers burnt from insider knowledge.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Playing devils advocate for a second I think they’re being quite open about it taking months before the work is completed. I think they’re saying in a couple of weeks they’ll have enough done to allow them to host a game with external catering and I presume portaloos.

I’ve not seen it for months though, do you think this could be feasible?Would be right if Mrs Budge's sermons from the mount hadn't said when they were going to be back there playing and even what games they'd be back for also that they were just waiting on the seats etc etc.

As someone posted elsewhere over promising and underdelivering works in the IT world and seems to work nicely at the one tier arena.
They can't help themselves.

G B Young
09-11-2017, 09:42 AM

This from Budge's statement on 12th April:

2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out
Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out.

a) All supporter areas, including toilet facilities, concourse catering facilities, turn-stiles, staircases, lifts, escalators, etc… in short, everything needed to allow our supporters to safely attend home games, is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, 2017.
b) The other priority areas required for the end of August are the main entrance hall, the Directors’ Suite, Media Centre and the front Piazza.

OUR PLAN IS TO BE “OPEN FOR BUSINESS” ON 9TH SEPTEMBER 2017.

Given how massively behind schedule they have proved to be on ALL of the above, I wouldn't bet on them even being competent enough to get the 'shell' of the stand plus portaloos open in time for next week.

J-C
09-11-2017, 09:44 AM

No chance, I was driving and had a punter, so couldn't get a pic but I'd say 3 months at most

McSwanky
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
The place is clearly going to be a building site for months yet, the question is can they get clearance to hold games there without putting lives at risk?

My guess is that they probably shouldn't get the clearance, but rules will be bent to allow it to happen.

If I was a Hearts fan (perish the thought) I'd be a bit wary about my safety taking a seat in that stand this season. Particularly if I had my kids with me. Having said that, it'll probably only be marginally more dangerous than the asbestos ridden, crumbling mess that was there before, so nothing to see here....

hibbyfraelibby
09-11-2017, 09:54 AM
There was a post on JBKs mega stand thread purporting to be copies of pictures taken last night posted on their FB page showing that an entire section of seating at the Roseburn end of it had still not been fitted. Is it true they have run out of seats?

Just starting a rumour like.

Just Alf
09-11-2017, 09:55 AM
That would be true if they were complaining about the offensive word. I agree with the marathonbet statement though. I wish people wouldn’t use that word, I hate it.S'funny... The only people I know who still use this word are both Hearts fans.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
09-11-2017, 10:15 AM

Except, I imagine, she would adopt the Royal We when making pronouncements on behalf of herself and her club.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2017, 10:20 AM
There was a post on JBKs mega stand thread purporting to be copies of pictures taken last night posted on their FB page showing that an entire section of seating at the Roseburn end of it had still not been fitted. Is it true they have run out of seats?

Just starting a rumour like.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/DCDB17C7-531D-4487-BF84-6B2AE54E5174.jpeg.11e674f228c3720ff1b24b655d9e56ab .jpeg

No just that, there's a whole side of the stand to be built.

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-11-2017, 10:31 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/DCDB17C7-531D-4487-BF84-6B2AE54E5174.jpeg.11e674f228c3720ff1b24b655d9e56ab .jpeg

I see their fascination of squares has now been incorporated on the grass.

McSwanky
09-11-2017, 11:03 AM
I see their fascination of squares has now been incorporated on the grass.They're not squares, they're piazzas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

dangermouse
09-11-2017, 11:19 AM

How are they going to get the cherry picker out now the end is filled in?

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2017, 11:20 AM

There's no need to do that.

It's playing up-front for the rest of the season.

RyeSloan
09-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Where is the directors box and the like in that stand? It looks to me like they will need to share stairways and vomitories with all the punters as well...yet another concession to desperately try and squeeze in more seats?

Pete
09-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Where is the directors box and the like in that stand? It looks to me like they will need to share stairways and vomitories with all the punters as well...yet another concession to desperately try and squeeze in more seats?

All corporate facilities, directors boxes etc.. are all there.

They’re just facing the castle.

RoYO!
09-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Flight of the Valkyries. Budge at the controls of the chopper?

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2017, 11:50 AM
All this palaver just to increase the capacity from 16,500 to 18,500.

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Flight of the Valkyries. Budge at the controls of the chopper?

"I love the smell of dog-**** in the morning..."

Jack Hackett
09-11-2017, 11:53 AM

It will be required to retrieve stray hoof balls from the new roof

Andy.1875
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Down the huge tunnel they they have built! :hilarious

Seveno
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM
I don’t see any bending of rules when it comes to the issuing of safety certificates. Post the Edinburgh Schools scandal and Grenfell Tower, no council is going to take a risk when it comes to public safety.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2017, 11:57 AM
They're not squares, they're piazzas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
:top marks

Waxy
09-11-2017, 11:57 AM

Why have they taken some seats out the wheatfield stand?

Ozyhibby
09-11-2017, 11:58 AM

That will be interesting if this season carries on the way it is. The abuse will not be pleasant in those confined spaces of the vormotries.

Www1875hfc
09-11-2017, 12:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171109/b488e10f079c9448868c7bb05b564097.jpg
Yes sir I’ll direct you to your seat.
Hahahaha unbelievable

GlesgaeHibby
09-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Hahahaha unbelievable

Anfield?

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Hahahaha unbelievable

:faf:

Bad back guaranteed.

scoopyboy
09-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Hahahaha unbelievable

Not Tynecastle though.

lord bunberry
09-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Not Tynecastle though.
Definitely not, that end of the stand is still unfinished with no seats or panels on the side.

JimBHibees
09-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Anfield?

Yes it is.

Iain G
09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Hahahaha unbelievable

Geo_1875
09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Anfield?

It is, and that's the model Budgie was supposed to be following.

Mikey
09-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Why have they taken some seats out the wheatfield stand?

They haven't. They're just so badly faded it looks like they're missing.

HoboHarry
09-11-2017, 12:36 PM
JJ having a go at Hearts now lol.......

https://johnjamessite.com/

Firestarter
09-11-2017, 12:42 PM

Boring as anything tbh.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2017, 12:45 PM

Some jokers have suggested that there is a bigger problem than the obstruction to spectating. They suggest that the stand is facing the wrong way, leaving the spectators at the mercy of the mind-numbing football that makes the eyes bleed.

:hilarious :lolyam:

Borderlands
09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Down the huge tunnel they they have built! :hilarious

Was there not supposed to be Emergency vehicle access at the end of new stand ?

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2017, 02:10 PM

Helipad for air ambulance on the roof :agree:

vercol36
09-11-2017, 02:10 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/20171109_124326.thumb.png.3e0e5cb03e9ff23d52b1be0d df67bffe.png

Apparently they've decided that they don't have the cash for a new stand after all, and have moved into the greenhouse at the Botanics. Smart move, if you ask me.

hibbyfraelibby
09-11-2017, 02:11 PM

They keep going on about the access tunnel at the Roseburn end of the mega structure being needed foe emergency vehicle access when in fact its hardly high enough for the groundsman's wee ride on lawnmower

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2017, 02:16 PM
They keep going on about the access tunnel at the Roseburn end of the mega structure being needed foe emergency vehicle access when in fact its hardly high enough for the groundsman's wee ride on lawnmower

Rephrase? :wink:

HoboHarry
09-11-2017, 02:16 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/20171109_124326.thumb.png.3e0e5cb03e9ff23d52b1be0d df67bffe.png

Apparently they've decided that they don't have the cash for a new stand after all, and have moved into the greenhouse at the Botanics. Smart move, if you ask me.
Damn it, that is a truly ugly facade - good grief.......

Firestarter
09-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Isn't it statement time yet?

vercol36
09-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Damn it, that is a truly ugly facade - good grief.......

:rotflmao:

It's like something from the deepest, darkest part of Slough.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2017, 02:26 PM
:rotflmao:

It's like something from the deepest, darkest part of Slough.

:agree:

Cooncil offices

Geo_1875
09-11-2017, 02:48 PM

If they hadn't made such a song and dance about the biggest bestest glass shower curtain in the universe I'd probably have said "Wow, what an improvement on the old *****hole."

As it is I'm totally underwhelmed.