PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Aldo
31-10-2017, 07:46 AM
One of my Jambo mates who is in denial in everything and still does the 5-1 sign like a 5 year old is a little more switched into the inner workings of Tynecastle.

A few snippets from him.

Stand won’t be ready until December as the sophistication of the design has meant they have come against some issues but Budge wants quality over speed all day long [emoji6]

The worse case scenario fallback is it has to be ready for flagship game versus us on 27th but should be ready a few weeks in advance. [emoji854]

The capacity will eventually be more than Easter Road once the final phase is completed. [emoji23][emoji23]

FoH have been told that project is £3-£4m more than original £12m due to sophistication of the design and some other delays thrioigh no fault of Hearts. Budge will part fund the gap but most of gap will need to be from donations and will extend ownership by another 18 months later. But as he said it - it would all be worth it. [emoji849]

If it had been a fan if any other club Col I would have said no way did anyone say that but because it has been said by a yam.... wow just wow.

Your yam chum has fallen hook line and sinker for the’Budge’ statements.

Still it’s costing them about £16 million (maybe more) for sophistication.

When it is completed and if this is correct the official capacity will be 20,099 so are we expecting another tier on one of the other stands or are the dugouts going to hold 100 each!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
31-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Not as simple as that. There's known unknowns and unknowable unknowns. An example of the latter would be the High School growing taller during the construction of Tiny Park. Clearly outwith Drs Budge's control.The known unknowns are the worst kind.

I mean it's not as if there's any precedents here. No one has ever built a one tier football stand before, or a rectangular office block with a slight curve and windows so they should definitely believe the good doctor when she tells them to.

FFS, do they think trees grow on trees? All of this futuristic stuff takes time. Rome wasn't burnt down in a day.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KerPlunk
31-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Or the unknown that nobody knew to order the seats?

Or the hitherto unknown ability of anyone at Tynecastle to manage such a sophisticated construction project (so much so that Herzog and de Meuron have visited the site many times to update their knowledge of how far the boundaries can be pushed in stadia design).

Or the unknown final completion date or final cost?

Or the unknown final capacity?

Or the unknown cost of chips?

It's amazing how much of the unknown still remains unknown :greengrin

Oooohhhh .........are they going to be playing up front for Avril’s Agriculturalists next season ?

BSEJVT
31-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Admittedly I don't read yakback but it staggers me the level of acceptance they have for their various leaders over the years.

The pie man got a bit of a hard time when leaving Tynecastle was mentioned, but they seem to have swallowed everything Mad Vlad and Budgie have told them with barely a murmur of discontent?

They swallow the party line happily and never seem to question anything.

If you contrast that to the hard time that STF & Rod Petrie have had and contrast the states of our respective grounds and the way the projects were managed it is startling. We also own our own Training Centre!

My hope is that the discontent that we exhibited due to their financial doping and not facing up to their stadium issues and performing far better on the pitch than us will soon manifest itself tenfold over there.

Their situation will be a lot more precarious financially than ours ever was and I honestly hope they are consigned to decades of misery.

KerPlunk
31-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Admittedly I don't read yakback but it staggers me the level of acceptance they have for their various leaders over the years............

The similarities between Sevco and HoM are remarkable. Fans of both clubs just accept any old propaganda.

Bostonhibby
31-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Admittedly I don't read yakback but it staggers me the level of acceptance they have for their various leaders over the years.

The pie man got a bit of a hard time when leaving Tynecastle was mentioned, but they seem to have swallowed everything Mad Vlad and Budgie have told them with barely a murmur of discontent?

If you contrast that to the hard time that STF & Rod Petrie have had and contrast the states of our respective grounds and the way the projects were managed it is startling. We also own our own Training Centre!

My hope is that the discontent that we exhibited due to their financial doping and not facing up to their stadium issues and performing far better on the pitch than us will soon manifest itself tenfold over there.

Their situation will be a lot more precarious financially than ours ever was and I honestly hope they are consigned to decades of misery.

:agree: I think that in the case of agent Romanov and Mrs Budge its because they had absolutely nae choice, they could see from the way he treated the managers that it was Vlads way or the highway, knowing what we now know about his actual business practices and what he was actually doing to fund the rollercoaster they were on he'd have closed them down, sold the ground or caused their liquidation (which he damn near did).

Mrs Budge was, and is, the only show in town, they have no choice but believe the sermons from the mount (once they eventually work out what is being said and run it through spellcheck).

The irony is that they have even less choice now, their dependency on her is growing despite having the greatest/only/unique :blah::blah::blah::blah: fan ownership scheme in the world, they owe her more money for longer and still not a single share certificate. They could argue that they've got the one (1) stand out of it when its eventually finished and paid for.

MrSmith
31-10-2017, 08:27 AM
My statement still stands firm, according to the H &S guy at my work,,,,ME.

Risk = potential
Hazard = dangerous

H&S 1974 health and safety at work policy.

Kato
31-10-2017, 08:30 AM
One of my Jambo mates who is in denial in everything and still does the 5-1 sign like a 5 year old is a little more switched into the inner workings of Tynecastle.

A few snippets from him.

Stand won’t be ready until December as the sophistication of the design has meant they have come against some issues but Budge wants quality over speed all day long 😉

The worse case scenario fallback is it has to be ready for flagship game versus us on 27th but should be ready a few weeks in advance. 🙃

The capacity will eventually be more than Easter Road once the final phase is completed. 😂😂

FoH have been told that project is £3-£4m more than original £12m due to sophistication of the design and some other delays thrioigh no fault of Hearts. Budge will part fund the gap but most of gap will need to be from donations and will extend ownership by another 18 months later. But as he said it - it would all be worth it. 🙄

Speak to any random Jambo and guff such as the above freely spills from the gobs. "Sophistication of the design"?? :greengrin

jacomo
31-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Jambos prioritize Tynecastle over everything else.

They hated the Pie Man because he tried to sell it.

They defended Vlad because he said he'd build a new super duper stand. And they'll continue to back Budge despite clear evidence that she's saddled them with a very expensive and deeply compromised main stand.

Generally I approve of clubs staying within their communities and not moving to some soulless out of town development. But Tynecastle has such issues that it would require real imagination to build a proper 21st century stadium there - obviously this development falls so far short of that.

Iain G
31-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Risk = potential
Hazard = dangerous

And then the assessed level is mitigated by eliminating or controlling the risk.

For example, risk of football being kicked very high in the air and risk of a seagull being hit by high velocity high flying football.

Eliminate the risk by sacking Craig Levein. :agree:

Carheenlea
31-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Glad the cameras are kept away when I've erected contraptions out of ladders, steps and planks to access high stairwells :dizzy:

Geo_1875
31-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Speak to any random Jambo and guff such as the above freely spills from the gobs. "Sophistication of the design"?? :greengrin

It's as sophisticated as a shiny, vinyl bomber jacket and a perm.

Hibs4185
31-10-2017, 09:11 AM
This just came up when I was on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGb-ofkMiBk

It seems to show a stand that was delivered on schedule-with no big machinery on the pitch, on budget, has hospitality boxes looking onto the pitch, has a vomitorium for the directors to take their seats....the new seats and steelwork even match the rest of the stadium.

oh wait it's our west stand!

The reason I mention a vomitorium for our directors is that this morning I noticed a picture of the mega stand, and it looks a carbon copy of our east where this is exits a third of the way up the stand. To get to your seats it's a fair walk up. For old Budgey to get to her seat she will have to climb the stairs with the riff raff. I imagine for a decent view she'll have to climb 10-12 rows. At the age could be dangerous.

Maybe they're trying to bump her off so they don't have to repay the debt...

one last thing. We have our finished stadium, with the east costing £3 million, the west £6 million. Our state of the art training facility-with most of our admin offices, also cost £3 million. All in £12 million.

The windae lickers think £14 million for a stand with an office block attached is a good deal.

Thank you to Rod Petrie, Sir Tom Farmer, Leanne Dempster and most importantly us the fans for making the other side of Edinburgh a laughing stock!

I love this thread!

ancient hibee
31-10-2017, 09:28 AM

A few snippets from him.

Stand won’t be ready until December as the sophistication of the design has meant they have come against some issues but Budge wants quality over speed all day long 😉

The worse case scenario fallback is it has to be ready for flagship game versus us on 27th but should be ready a few weeks in advance. 🙃

The capacity will eventually be more than Easter Road once the final phase is completed. 😂😂

FoH have been told that project is £3-£4m more than original £12m due to sophistication of the design and some other delays thrioigh no fault of Hearts. Budge will part fund the gap but most of gap will need to be from donations and will extend ownership by another 18 months later. But as he said it - it would all be worth it. 🙄

You want to be careful around this guy.You could be caught up in the struggle when they come to take him away.

Kaff
31-10-2017, 09:32 AM
One thing this thread has flushed out that anyone employed in H&S seem to have 10k+ posts on Hibs.net! Busy boys indeed:thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
31-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Sophistication of the design :faf:. Doors, stairs, rooms, cludgie etc.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
31-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Sophistication of the design :faf:. Doors, stairs, rooms, cludgie etc.

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkIt'll be the curve, no one's ever done that and it's bound to be problematic if it's a sophisticated one.

Bostonhibby
31-10-2017, 09:43 AM
One thing this thread has flushed out that anyone employed in H&S seem to have 10k+ posts on Hibs.net! Busy boys indeed[emoji106][emoji23]

Not me.

G B Young
31-10-2017, 10:06 AM
I take it he's never seen the main sand at Parkhead then...

Someone on there has posed that very question, with an accompanying pic of Celtic Park. The resident kickback 'stadium guru' chooses to ignore it.

Peevemor
31-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Someone on there has posed that very question, with an accompanying pic of Celtic Park. The resident kickback 'stadium guru' chooses to ignore it.

I noticed that - I also got the blame for the post.

If I had an account on brokeback I'd be far less subtle than that.

KerPlunk
31-10-2017, 10:18 AM
It'll be the curve, no one's ever done that and it's bound to be problematic if it's a sophisticated one.

Allianz Arena-Bayern Munich-Südkurve
San Siro-A.C. Milan/Inter Milan-Curva Sud/Curva Nord
Stadio San Paolo-Napoli-Curva A/B
Tynecastle Park-Heart of Midlothian-Curva Sophisticato Stupido

jacomo
31-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Risk = potential
Hazard = dangerous

I believe the main stand was inspired by the 1974 edition 'Modern Trends in Building Design'

KerPlunk
31-10-2017, 10:39 AM
:wink:
I believe the main stand was inspired by the 1974 edition 'Modern Trends in Building Design'
Walter Gropius + Adolf Meyer - Fagus Factory 1914
:na na:

therealgavmac
31-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Risk = potential
Hazard = dangerous

Or..... Hazard is something with the potential to cause harm, risk is the likelihood that harm will be realised.

So if you’re crossing the road and a bus comes around the corner, the bus is a big hazard. But because we’ve all been in the Tufty Club and exercise the Green Cross Code as well, the risk is low.

However, performing the same manoeuvre after downing 10 pints and a few nippy sweeties, the hazard remains the same, but the risk is amplified somewhat.

(Yes I was an H&S Manager in a previous life)

G B Young
31-10-2017, 11:15 AM
What would account for a huge blow out is the incompetence of the client and their design team and main contractor in working through and agreeing design and construction in advance, I suspect the way teh project has been set up and run is 90% to blame for the cost and time overruns.

But the smoke and mirrors were clearly ordered on time down Tynecastle way :greengrin

It strikes me that they could have avoided the current fiasco by striking a season-long deal with Murrayfield, similar to Celtic did with Hampden in the mid-90s.

Celtic basically razed their entire stadium to the ground, bar the shell of the old main stand, and rebuilt in stages. The whole job took 3-4 years IIRC, with fans housed in the completed sections of the stadium after the season at Hampden, while the remaining work continued until completion. I may be wrong, but it was a very efficiently done job under Fergus McCann's stewardship.

Bearing in mind Celtic were able to use their ground while certain sections remained a building site, an alternative for Hearts would have been to be honest about timescales, take the financial hit and sell season tickets for only the three stands available at Tynecastle. The fact they went ahead and sold season tickets for a stand which, in hindsight, never stood a chance of being ready, is what sticks in the craw.

MrSmith
31-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Or..... Hazard is something with the potential to cause harm, risk is the likelihood that harm will be realised.

So if you’re crossing the road and a bus comes around the corner, the bus is a big hazard. But because we’ve all been in the Tufty Club and exercise the Green Cross Code as well, the risk is low.

However, performing the same manoeuvre after downing 10 pints and a few nippy sweeties, the hazard remains the same, but the risk is amplified somewhat.

(Yes I was an H&S Manager in a previous life)

Yes! And I teach it too ha ha

MrSmith
31-10-2017, 11:16 AM

I cannot argue with that!

FilipinoHibs
31-10-2017, 12:08 PM
It strikes me that they could have avoided the current fiasco by striking a season-long deal with Murrayfield, similar to Celtic did with Hampden in the mid-90s.

Celtic basically razed their entire stadium to the ground, bar the shell of the old main stand, and rebuilt in stages. The whole job took 3-4 years IIRC, with fans housed in the completed sections of the stadium after the season at Hampden, while the remaining work continued until completion. I may be wrong, but it was a very efficiently done job under Fergus McCann's stewardship.

Bearing in mind Celtic were able to use their ground while certain sections remained a building site, an alternative for Hearts would have been to be honest about timescales, take the financial hit and sell season tickets for only the three stands available at Tynecastle. The fact they went ahead and sold season tickets for a stand which, in hindsight, never stood a chance of being ready, is what sticks in the craw.

Celtic rebuilt 3 sides and integrated into old stand which itself was upgraded. Hearts had to build what is the equivalent of our East.they are a shambles.

hibbyfraelibby
31-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Celtic rebuilt 3 sides and integrated into old stand which itself was upgraded. Hearts had to build what is the equivalent of our East.they are a shambles.

Lets be clear they are not build the equivalent of our East Stand. They are building a complex innovative curved glass screened back to front piazza viewing architectural masterpiece that just happens to look like a poor smaller less accomodating imitation of our East stand when viewed from inside the stadium with an office block grafted on the back where the "Executive Boxes" cost £36k p/a overlook Tynecastle High School rather than the pitch (a genius design stroke in current circumstances) and all for the cost of only £8000 per additional seat plus 6% Budge Tax.

Springbank
31-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Allianz Arena-Bayern Munich-Südkurve
San Siro-A.C. Milan/Inter Milan-Curva Sud/Curva Nord
Stadio San Paolo-Napoli-Curva A/B
Tynecastle Park-Heart of Midlothian-Curva Sophisticato Stupido

Alternative description of tynecastle's stands, for the neutral

Gorgie Stand {The Bell End}

Roseburn Stand {Hibs End}

New Main Stand {The Wernham Hogg Vomitorium, Gorgie's Sagrada Familia, never to be finished, and no castle view, but wowee look at them curves}

Wheatfield Stand {The RAF Leuchars Stand}
Neutrals should be very careful for the Flying Jambos literally falling out of the stand, onto the pitch, and straight into a football banning order
**note - this might just be the funniest video on the whole internet ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

Deansy
31-10-2017, 02:05 PM

As much misery as possible, please - 30+ years would be appropriate as it'd match their 'Other People's Money' years !. After that the natural-bred superiority of Hibernian FC will be enough to ensure that these ****'s lives remain forever miserable !

wpj
31-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Impressive stats. Would a proportion of those reductions be due to the fact there is virtually no mining, steelworking, shipbuilding, etc, industry anymore and it's quite hard to die sitting looking at a computer screen? :dunno:

(Not disagreeing with your point, btw. Still shudder at this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YFCJETmwI)!)

Of boredom perhaps :agree:

Joe6-2
31-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Alternative description of tynecastle's stands, for the neutral

Gorgie Stand {The Bell End}

Roseburn Stand {Hibs End}

New Main Stand {The Wernham Hogg Vomitorium, Gorgie's Sagrada Familia, never to be finished, and no castle view, but wowee look at them curves}

Wheatfield Stand {The RAF Leuchars Stand}
Neutrals should be very careful for the Flying Jambos literally falling out of the stand, onto the pitch, and straight into a football banning order
**note - this might just be the funniest video on the whole internet ** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Your post Springbank, and the video, so funny

mutley
31-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh can’t call it the RAF Leuchars stand for 2 very important reasons, 1 I am RAF and that’s insulting!! 2 RAF Leuchars closed! (It’s now Army)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ian cruise
31-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Oh can’t call it the RAF Leuchars stand for 2 very important reasons, 1 I am RAF and that’s insulting!! 2 RAF Leuchars closed! (It’s now Army)

If you need a change in career consider Health and Safety. Everything you need to know is in the last three pages. Hibs.net delivers again.

fat freddy
31-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Where to begin?

A deluded Cakebake poster this evening

We're all in for a hell of a time under Mr Levein but we'll have the best stadium, best atmosphere, best fans, best charity and best community club. We have fabulous training facilities that is the envy of every club in Scotland.

Famous Fiver
31-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Shame they stiffed Poppy Fund last time round.

Never forget.

Bostonhibby
31-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Where to begin?

We're all in for a hell of a time under Mr Levein but we'll have the best stadium, best atmosphere, best fans, best charity and best community club. We have fabulous training facilities that is the envy of every club in Scotland.

Posting from a balcony in Bulgaria no doubt, trying to distract them from the reality on a night where Hibs cruise to another 3 points and another clean sheet.

Mind the gap.

MyJo
31-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Where to begin?

that has to be a hibby undercover, surely

Kato
31-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Where to begin?

We're all in for a hell of a time under Mr Levein but we'll have the best stadium, best atmosphere, best fans, best charity and best community club. We have fabulous training facilities that are available for hire to any old team Scotland 'cos we don't own them.

Sorry but had to fix it a bit.

NAE NOOKIE
31-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Where to begin?

Best stadium? ..... its a shoe box
Best atmosphere? ..... even his Yam mates admit its crap unless the uglies or Hibs are visiting
Best fans? .... see above
Best charity? ..... eh?
Best community club? ...... There's a few clubs in Scotland doing just as well if not better in that area, including us .... handed that nursery back to the community yet Yams?

As for the training facilities ..... the Hertz just embarrass themselves with that one :faf:

ancient hibee
31-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Training will be a bit crowded with the SFA and the SRU kicking about.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Plus the Heriot Watt female hockey squads and any students with gaps between lectures that fancy a game of 5's.

Deansy
31-10-2017, 09:41 PM

And the students themselves - I'm sure they get priority ?

Cod Boy
31-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Beginning to think Tottenhams new stadium will be finished before there stand.

Iain G
01-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Beginning to the that the new Chelsea stadium will be complete before that stand and they haven't even got anywhere near starting yet :greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Beginning to the that the new Chelsea stadium will be complete before that stand and they haven't even got anywhere near starting yet :greengrin

But it won't look as good as the yams megastand and we have already been told that they have better facilities than the likes of Chelsea so its not a fair comparison. Chelsea, forever in the shadow of a proper big team.

Caversham Green
01-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Shame they stiffed Poppy Fund last time round.

Never forget.

They're still stiffing charities now - taken from their 2016 accounts:

Dr A Budge is a director of Big Hearts Community Trust. During the year, the company [i.e. HoMFC] received net amounts of £10,438 (2015 - £7,342) from the charity.

In the same year Hibs donated a net amount of £3,019 to our equivalent charity.

greenginger
01-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Would that be for rental of office space or use of their badge/name/fame ?

jacomo
01-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Where to begin?

:faf:

A fail on so many levels.

That hollow cow could be a nice idea for collecting money for the community - but no, instead they are rinsing every bit of spare cash out of supporters for Budgies folly instead.

Hearts is a deeply mediocre and somewhat sordid set up.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 08:15 AM

They're taking money from a charity for Dr Budge's services? whatever it is the charity ends up with a net loss? Am I reading this right?

Arch Stanton
01-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Better not let Homer Simpson see this or he will be eating the chocolate sprinkled doughnut in the middle.

jacomo
01-11-2017, 09:24 AM

So Big Hearts Community Trust gives money to HMFC every year, not the other way round?

Truly the most Famous community club in the known universe!

jacomo
01-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Better not let Homer Simpson see this or he will be eating the chocolate sprinkled doughnut in the middle.

That is so s***.

Any point asking why the poxy design isn't even centered in the box? The answer is always the same... because Hearts.

--------
01-11-2017, 09:29 AM
But it won't look as good as the yams megastand and we have already been told that they have better facilities than the likes of Chelsea so its not a fair comparison. Chelsea, forever in the shadow of a proper big team.

I take it that the work Spurs are doing at the Lane also pales into insignificance compared to the Gorgie Vomitorium?

hibbyfraelibby
01-11-2017, 09:33 AM
That is so s***.

Any point asking why the poxy design isn't even centered in the box? The answer is always the same... because Hearts.

...come on they have not had a centre in the box all season😁

Iain G
01-11-2017, 10:06 AM

That is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, maybe it's there to distract the eye from the awful 1970's office building they have built behind it? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 10:35 AM
So Big Hearts Community Trust gives money to HMFC every year, not the other way round?

Truly the most Famous community club in the known universe!

:faf:So it's the same as their previous arrangement with the lady Haig Poppy Fund?

Caversham Green
01-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Would that be for rental of office space or use of their badge/name/fame ?

They're taking money from a charity for Dr Budge's services? whatever it is the charity ends up with a net loss? Am I reading this right?

They don't actually say what it's for, just that Hearts have been taking money from a charity.......again.

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2017, 11:03 AM
They don't actually say what it's for, just that Hearts have been taking money from a charity.......again.

Here are the BH accounts

http://www.bighearts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/compressed_Big-Hearts-Final-Accounts-2015-16.compressed-ilovepdf-compressed.pdf

I can't see anything for rent, although I may have missed it.

I suspect it's for "Support costs", which may be contribution for staff costs, overheads etc.

Interesting that BH owed HMFC £15k at the year-end. I do hope they paid it.... :greengrin

johnbc70
01-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Does it mean "I love donuts" as its a sugar ring donut with a heart around it.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 11:17 AM
They don't actually say what it's for, just that Hearts have been taking money from a charity.......again.I guess they've taken it because they can.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 11:26 AM
That is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, maybe it's there to distract the eye from the awful 1970's office building they have built behind it? :greengrinAre they going to paint the brown bricks maroon?

Serious question as it doesn't seem to have their club colours in this image.

Iain G
01-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Are they going to paint the brown bricks maroon?

Serious question as it doesn't seem to have their club colours in this image.

Yes it does! It looks like Sh*** Sh*** Glorious Sh*** colour :greengrin

MrSmith
01-11-2017, 11:59 AM

The surrounding brick work looks in-keeping with their seats.

1959 Hibby
01-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Has anyone noticed that the recent aerial photos of the magnificent edifice given to the Evening News were taken from an angle which makes it impossible to see any of the interior? Maybe the accompanying article would be a little less gushing if the absence of seats was more obvious!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/first-look-tynecastle-new-stand-from-the-air-1-4600043

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-11-2017, 12:06 PM
That is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, maybe it's there to distract the eye from the awful 1970's office building they have built behind it? :greengrin

Have to say, that looks smart. Best bit of their whole new stand id say.

Albanian Hibs
01-11-2017, 12:10 PM

😂😂😂

StevieT
01-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Has anyone noticed that the recent aerial photos of the magnificent edifice given to the Evening News were taken from an angle which makes it impossible to see any of the interior? Maybe the accompanying article would be a little less gushing if the absence of seats was more obvious!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/first-look-tynecastle-new-stand-from-the-air-1-4600043

That article says the capacity will be 7300. I wonder how accurate that will be

Geo_1875
01-11-2017, 12:19 PM

It looks like the architect mocked it up with crayons and they went ahead and built it.

dangermouse
01-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Is it just me or should the see through roof panels to let light onto the pitch not be on the Wheatfield stand?

Jack
01-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Any advance?

I'll go with the tram network being completed.

mutley
01-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Now that the “best crest in world football” can be made in monoblock, how many replicas of this can we expect to see on jambo driveways soon?

Ryan91
01-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Probably be "Blind Man in a Blizzard" levels of accurate.

Iain G
01-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Now that the “best crest in world football” can be made in monoblock, how many replicas of this can we expect to see on jambo driveways soon?

Let's get that business set up pronto, further chance to mug them for some cash!

Just needs a catchy name...

Jamblockers
Budget Blocks
Big Team Block Layers
The Big Pink Block Company
Blocks of Midlothian
5-1 Paving
Sir Alblock Kidd Paving
Ian Block Painters and Paving
Graham Rix Bricks
Gary Blocke?

Crazyhorse
01-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Like most local newspapers the Evening News simply publishes press releases from their local football clubs.
They know, we know and the yams know the 'mega-stand' is struggling to make a 7000 capacity.

--------
01-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Is that not a stylised primrose? A 'tribute' to Rose Berry or whoever it was staked them in the beginning? Their sugar mummy or daddy?

It actually looks more like a half-poached egg. Or a fungal growth.

Aldo
01-11-2017, 01:50 PM
It’s all actually give funny tbh.

They’ve tried to do things in the cheap because they were/are short of funding and it has ended up costing them more.

Jack Hackett
01-11-2017, 01:55 PM

They’ve tried to do things in the cheap because they were/are short of funding and it has ended up costing them more.

I believe the term is 'false economy' Aldo, which pretty much sums up their whole business model.

Archie70
01-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Lifted from brokeback regarding the BRICK sale

got an email not long ago and it seems they are now up for grabs although it does seem very hush hush and convoluted...

"On entry into the shop please go to the till point. Please produce some identification and your name will be checked against our register. Once you pay for your brick you will be given a Certificate of Authentication and small plaque which you can attach to the brick. A member of the shop staff will then walk you to Gerard’s yard to choose and collect your brick from the pallet. Thereafter the member of staff will then direct you to the exit gate back onto Wheatfield Street.

Should you not be able to collect your brick in person and would like somebody else to collect it for you please email me with their details and I will place a note against our register."

UNBELIEVABLE

Aldo
01-11-2017, 01:59 PM
I believe the term is 'false economy' Aldo, which pretty much sums up their whole business model.

Aye but best atmosphere, modern facilities (including chips) glass windaes and 1-5 and 190..... no wait.

They will never change but they are years behind us in respect of infrastructure etc but in 2 years the 15 million or so will have been paid off and just watch them go!

mutley
01-11-2017, 02:05 PM

It’s like anything , as the saying goes , buy cheap = buy twice

jacomo
01-11-2017, 02:16 PM

Now there's a business opportunity.

"Exclusively from the team that brought you Scottish football's best stadium, commission your own replica of The Famous piazza Plaza crest for your driveway. Only £5,100."*

*may take longer than you think to do the job. May cost £7,000 instead.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2017, 02:17 PM

got an email not long ago and it seems they are now up for grabs although it does seem very hush hush and convoluted...

"On entry into the shop please go to the till point. Please produce some identification and your name will be checked against our register. Once you pay for your brick you will be given a Certificate of Authentication and small plaque which you can attach to the brick. A member of the shop staff will then walk you to Gerard’s yard to choose and collect your brick from the pallet. Thereafter the member of staff will then direct you to the exit gate back onto Wheatfield Street.

Should you not be able to collect your brick in person and would like somebody else to collect it for you please email me with their details and I will place a note against our register."

UNBELIEVABLE

No I get this ..... A mate of mine was sidled up to by a shifty looking bloke in a pub the other day, after swiftly looking right and left he opened his raincoat to reveal several red bricks hanging on the inside. 'Brick mate' he asked, 'these'll cost you 50 knicker dahn Gorgie ( for some reason he had a Cockney accent ) but to you a Pony.

There's a huge black market for these bricks so you can understand the Hertz security concerns ..... I understand there was huge security around the plastic Owl after Police Scotland's rare artefacts task force got wind of a possible heist :confused:

Jack Hackett
01-11-2017, 02:20 PM

UNBELIEVABLE

Just another jealous hobo. These are not just any bricks. These are Hertz bricks, given special significance by the convoluted procedure required to become an owner.

On another note... should the demand for these special bricks outstrip supply, how difficult would it be to send a van down to a landfill for a top-up?

grammyb111
01-11-2017, 02:22 PM
No I get this ..... A mate of mine was sidled up to by a shifty looking bloke in a pub the other day, after swiftly looking right and left he opened his raincoat to reveal several red bricks hanging on the inside. 'Brick mate' he asked, 'these'll cost you 50 knicker dahn Gorgie ( for some reason he had a Cockney accent ) but to you a Pony.

There's a huge black market for these bricks so you can understand the Hertz security concerns ..... I understand there was huge security around the plastic Owl after Police Scotland's rare artefacts task force got wind of a possible heist :confused:

There is going to be a skip full of bricks, so that someone doesn't take more than one they'll be 'escorted' to the skip. I'm amazed that folks will pay for a brick and Hearts can save on the cost of someone coming to collect the skip, fair play to them getting money out of rubbish but they're treating their fans as mugs.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Every one of the 400,000 is guaranteed a brick. They were all produced and stockpiled in Dundee at Dens park 1986 in a wee room next to the away changing room using a process known as "bricking it".

All done by one man as well.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 02:37 PM
There is going to be a skip full of bricks, so that someone doesn't take more than one they'll be 'escorted' to the skip. I'm amazed that folks will pay for a brick and Hearts can save on the cost of someone coming to collect the skip, fair play to them getting money out of rubbish but they're treating their fans as mugs.Agree. Why on earth would you go through this process when you can get an authentic plastic owl in your hand immediately in exchange for just £4001?

Deansy
01-11-2017, 02:46 PM

UNBELIEVABLE

It's unbelieveable they actually remembered to order the bricks !

Joe6-2
01-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Let's get that business set up pronto, further chance to mug them for some cash!

Just needs a catchy name...

Jamblockers
Budget Blocks
Big Team Block Layers
The Big Pink Block Company
Blocks of Midlothian
5-1 Paving
Sir Alblock Kidd Paving
Ian Block Painters and Paving
Graham Rix Bricks
Gary Blocke?

Levien bricks it

Joe6-2
01-11-2017, 02:49 PM

UNBELIEVABLE

This is absolutely hilarious! Certificates again??!!

Famous Fiver
01-11-2017, 02:52 PM
I hope some disgruntled fan when the penny finally drops doesn't throw one of the precious and expensive bricks through their new windaes (clean out my mouth, glass curtain!)

Now that would be expensive!

Jack
01-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Remember this from the Budgies statement of 12th April this year?
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5863

"We will also auction off specific items of memorabilia and we will sell bricks, either individually or in lots, to use for all sorts of fan suggested purposes. (e.g. for building a bar-b-que)"

So how much would a BBQ cost?

That statement is crammed full of gems!

Moulin Yarns
01-11-2017, 02:57 PM
It's unbelieveable they actually remembered to order the bricks !

These are second hand bricks. Previously used to clad a historic, non listed, Archibald Leitch stand in Gorgie. Basically they don't want to pay the landfill tax for disposal and instead are wanting their supporters to pay for the privilege of taking them away.

Archie70
01-11-2017, 03:26 PM
There is going to be a skip full of bricks, so that someone doesn't take more than one they'll be 'escorted' to the skip. I'm amazed that folks will pay for a brick and Hearts can save on the cost of someone coming to collect the skip, fair play to them getting money out of rubbish but they're treating their fans as mugs.

As mentally challenged as they are surely even they don't need escorted to pick a brick. How do you even go about choosing a good one. I can imagine the rammies "that's my one I saw it first" or "quick son grab one with a bit cement on it" then home to stick the prized brick on the mantelpiece above the 2 bar electric fire and the certificate on the wall filling the space left for the "share" certificate that never arrived.
PICK A BRICK. IT'S HOW BIG CLUBS DO IT

Brunswickbill
01-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Their manager was definitely bricking it last week when we played them.

fat freddy
01-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Somewhere in Midlothian there is an ultra jambo, the most loyal, servile, unquestioning, cap doffing fanatic.

He is sitting in his maroon pyjamas on his 20 quid broken plastic main stand seat purchased after the Cathro end of season lap of honour match.

In his hand he has a special edition 5-1 crayon and he is ticking off his recent acquisitions in his 1986 title winners hearts notebook.

4k plastic owl - tick

Name on special donators strip - tick

Monthly direct debit £51 - tick

Restricted view season ticket £510 - tick

Promise note for shares certificate£5100 - tick

Receipt for matchday hospitality at Murrayfield (cold pie / flat pint) £100 - tick

51 Bricks to build barbecue £510 - tick

Loose change for Cash Cow £510.51 - tick

Divorce papers from wife - tick

MyJo
01-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Somewhere in Midlothian there is an ultra jambo, the most loyal, servile, unquestioning, cap doffing fanatic.

He is sitting in his maroon pyjamas on his 20 quid broken plastic main stand seat purchased after the Cathro end of season lap of honour match.

In his hand he has a special edition 5-1 crayon and he is ticking off his recent acquisitions in his 1986 title winners hearts notebook.

4k plastic owl - tick

Name on special donators strip - tick

Monthly direct debit £51 - tick

Restricted view season ticket £510 - tick

Promise note for shares certificate£5100 - tick

Receipt for matchday hospitality at Murrayfield (cold pie / flat pint) £100 - tick

51 Bricks to build barbecue £510 - tick

Loose change for Cash Cow £510.51 - tick

Divorce papers from wife - tick

Surely they have the personalised scarf that only super-duper-uberfans who have paid over 25% of thier annual salary to hearts via thier various other schemes are allowed to buy for even more money?

Carheenlea
01-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Single file out the tunnel?

http://i65.tinypic.com/11sm5jq.jpg

Deansy
01-11-2017, 07:29 PM
No longer 'The Famous' - now they're just 'P*ICKS WITH BRICKS' !

Famous Fiver
01-11-2017, 07:35 PM
I canny believe that wee tunnel photograph.

I thought they only invested in the best in the world. Wee Robbo would never be able to make it on to the pitch through that wee gap.

Cheap and nasty. Laughing stock or what?

lapsedhibee
01-11-2017, 07:46 PM

Since they already copied a bit of the Anfield rebuild method, I wonder if they might also have a THIS IS TINY PARK sign above the players' heads as they run out. I think Liverpool are one of the many big clubs they have a special relationship with.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Since they already copied a bit of the Anfield rebuild method, I wonder if they might also have a THIS IS TINY PARK sign above the players' heads as they run out. I think Liverpool are one of the many big clubs they have a special relationship with.Black and yellow tape with MIND YOUR HEAD might work?

fat freddy
01-11-2017, 08:28 PM

It was ready apart from the seats 6 weeks ago. This picture is clearly very old or Queen Anne has been telling very big fibs

Keith_M
01-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Fatty Foulkes would never get down that Vomitory.

lyonhibs
01-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Black and yellow tape with MIND YOUR HEAD might work?

More likely that "Police line do not cross" tape or the "Warning: Toxic Waste" tape.

Bostonhibby
01-11-2017, 08:47 PM
More likely that "Police line do not cross" tape or the "Warning: Toxic Waste" tape.[emoji4]

Gmack7
01-11-2017, 08:56 PM

reducing the tunnel to single file probably allowed them another 20 TINY seats

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-11-2017, 09:00 PM
The away team can use the tunnel directly opposite in the Wheatfield. Perfect

01-11-2017, 09:51 PM

Surely that's a joke and it's been photoshopped. If it isn't why on earth would they make it so small? They can't be that desperate to fit in a few extra seats can they?

I wonder if they'll do a tunnel club like the new Spurs stadium. They could put some tarpaulin over the top of the tunnel and tear some small holes in it so the fans can peek down at the players but the players can't see them. They could have a cheese room too like Spurs will but for Hearts it will be a cheesy chips room.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2017, 09:56 PM

Are they calling it a tunnel or have they got a fancy name for it? Just looks like another vomitorum as far as I can see.

jacomo
01-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Are they calling it a tunnel or have they got a fancy name for it? Just looks like another vomitorum as far as I can see.

I can't believe that's the tunnel. But if it is, just wait til they paint it maroon.

Truly a hellish vision.

Carheenlea
01-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Surely that's a joke and it's been photoshopped. If it isn't why on earth would they make it so small? They can't be that desperate to fit in a few extra seats can they?

I wonder if they'll do a tunnel club like the new Spurs stadium. They could put some tarpaulin over the top of the tunnel and tear some small holes in it so the fans can peek down at the players but the players can't see them. They could have a cheese room too like Spurs will but for Hearts it will be a cheesy chips room.

Are clubs not required now to have retractable tunnels? I assume such an item would need to be attached to the tunnel walls, so by the time that is in situ it will not only be single file but sideways as well.

Deansy
01-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Since they already copied a bit of the Anfield rebuild method, I wonder if they might also have a THIS IS TINY PARK sign above the players' heads as they run out. I think Liverpool are one of the many big clubs they have a special relationship with.

They have copied the Anfield model - unfortunately for them, the model they used was the 'Subbuteo' version and with no qualified architect on hand ..........................

O'Rourke3
01-11-2017, 10:18 PM
UEFA compliant stand :faf:. That's surely a wind up. Two teams separated by the officials looks unlikely if that's a genuine photo....

leithsansiro
01-11-2017, 11:12 PM

Just out of curiousity, why on earth is the floor of their tunnel still, at this well-advanced stage of proceedings, made of mud? And crucially, am I right in thinking that all top-notch new stadiums have tunnels that are narrower than most people's shoulders...

Just the seats to go, Ms Budge? Aye, course it is.
We really should start a lottery draw based on the signed off completion date. My fiver is on sometime in late January...

If this was us, the Jambos would be having a field day.

GreenCastle
01-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Even their posh seats / board room seats look crap and cheap in the latest pics.

I expected larger seats with arm rests etc but seems to be fan seats just with some padding.

That tunnel looks smaller than the previous one - surely they could have made it wider ?

lord bunberry
01-11-2017, 11:21 PM

The teams will have to come out sideways with wellies on if that photo is genuine.

monktonharp
01-11-2017, 11:40 PM
Just out of curiousity, why on earth is the floor of their tunnel still, at this well-advanced stage of proceedings, made of mud? And crucially, am I right in thinking that all top-notch new stadiums have tunnels that are narrower than most peoples shoulders?.funny you mention that. I worked in mining for a long time, and the older collieries had some "mines" specifically made to drain water from the hills towards rivers/sea in our area. they were called "coffin" mines, specifically designed for a man's shooder to get through for occasional examinations .:wink: looks like this tunnel might need regular checks, in case of convergance :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2017, 11:57 PM
If there was a laughter tax on the Hearts stand we’d have paid for a stadium as good as the new White Heart Lane for them 10 times over.

NAE NOOKIE
02-11-2017, 12:48 AM

When they said the Killie game would now not be played at Tynecastle because of a problem with the stand being completed what they meant was their was no way they would be able to fit Kris Boyd's fat arse through that tiny wee space. I suppose that puts the kybosh on Christian Nade ever resigning for them as well :greengrin

Haymaker
02-11-2017, 01:16 AM
If there was a laughter tax on the Hearts stand we’d have paid for a stadium as good as the new White Heart Lane for them 10 times over.

Thank **** there isn't, I'd be skint!

Peevemor
02-11-2017, 08:51 AM
The mural will be painted by Chris Rutterford, an artist and muralist who has been working in the art industry for twenty years. He has recently specialised in murals and epically scaled crowd portraits as seen in Bannockburn Visitors Centre, The Three Sisters, The Tron, and more across Edinburgh and Scotland. The overall narrative thread of the mural depicts the stream of match day fans through the ages walking through the streets of Dalry and Gorgie to the new stadium. Elements featured in the mural include the Heart’s old main stand, a steam train on Gorgie Bridge, an old Edinburgh tram, Gorgie City Farm, the brewery, the nursery, the Heart of Midlothian brick mosaic, McCrae’s Battalion sat on a field of memorial poppies, and the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial at Haymarket junction.

Above all, we want our community members to take pride in this mural as it reflects a strong community value of Dalry and Gorgie. We anticipate that the painted Gable End mural alongside the new facilities at Tynecastle Park will attract more people to the Gorgie area; thus, circulating more people into our local businesses and contributing to the increasing development of this area.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

https://gorgiedalrycc.org.uk/2017/10/25/mcleod-street-gable-end-mural/

paddy1875
02-11-2017, 09:07 AM

No submarine?

Crazyhorse
02-11-2017, 09:12 AM
reducing the tunnel to single file probably allowed them another 20 TINY seats

Might even get them up to 7,000 capacity for the 'mega-stand'.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2017, 09:13 AM
No submarine?

Or Big Nose pulling a pint?

Coco Bryce
02-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Goncalves arse will never fit in there :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Rather than refer to that latest photo as a vomitorium, would it not be more appropriate to call it an Anal Canal?

paddy1875
02-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Or Big Nose pulling a pint?

We could be onto something here!

Rudolf pulling pints
Submarine
Champions league logo
A huge maroon cow piggy bank
Bag of chips
Extras from the walking dead making there way to watch ‘the famous’ (orks, trolls, tramps and stormtroopers)
Edinburgh castle (so hospitality can actually see it)
Sam Nicholson grabbing his minge
That guy with the Romanov tattoo
Ronnie Corbett

Iain G
02-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Goncalves arse will never fit in there :rolleyes:

Misprint on the architectural drawings says Funnel and not Tunnel...

greenginger
02-11-2017, 10:06 AM

This gable end on Mcleod Street is the one which has developed a crack up the full height since the piling work at the Yam Stand.

No idea if the crack is just surface ie in the render or goes through the structural masonary.

greenpaper55
02-11-2017, 10:07 AM
And a fine view of the castle from the top level, how are they going to heat the pies ?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/7C2F873B-1696-48F9-96EC-23DD147C9E5C.thumb.jpeg.4308b3b4b03a59c3f0780d5c69 bf9512.jpeg (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/7C2F873B-1696-48F9-96EC-23DD147C9E5C.jpeg.5a8b70ea7f55049f849d65ea520db76d .jpeg)

Geo_1875
02-11-2017, 10:10 AM
And a fine view of the castle from the top level, how are they going to heat the pies ?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/7C2F873B-1696-48F9-96EC-23DD147C9E5C.thumb.jpeg.4308b3b4b03a59c3f0780d5c69 bf9512.jpeg (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2017_11/7C2F873B-1696-48F9-96EC-23DD147C9E5C.jpeg.5a8b70ea7f55049f849d65ea520db76d .jpeg)

That's a helluva curve in their glass curtain.

lapsedhibee
02-11-2017, 10:12 AM

When the stand is 'finished' there will be no more need for lengthy progress statements from Drs Budge. That will free up a lot of hot air for alternative uses.

G B Young
02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Those supposedly in the know on kickback appear to be doubtful that the stand will be ready for the Partick game. 'I still think there's a good chance' is as optimistic as it gets.

I had assumed that the fortuitous break for internationals next week Hearts would finally get this thing over the line but it appears we may yet be looking at another delay.

fat freddy
02-11-2017, 10:30 AM
It must be reassuring for the simple fans to know that while they were waiting for the weight watchers seats to be delivered the 151 strong workforce were busy putting the finishing touches to the internal items.
Just need the floor of the Anorexic Tunnel to be laid and they are good to go

Ozyhibby
02-11-2017, 11:11 AM
It must be reassuring for the simple fans to know that while they were waiting for the weight watchers seats to be delivered the 151 strong workforce were busy putting the finishing touches to the internal items.
Just need the floor of the Anorexic Tunnel to be laid and they are good to go

That tunnel won’t be used. They are using the tunnel on the wheatfield stand until the new stands internal fit out is completed. About 2022.

Www1875hfc
02-11-2017, 11:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/25f5fa0bc88da9f923fd201d43c0dca2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/66088a8e5bf356ce973c4c18a5ce7288.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/3df4efa791b0aa2dcbf0b7c412843395.jpg

greenpaper55
02-11-2017, 11:40 AM
All that's missing is the carpet then give the place a good hoover and Bingo !

Deansy
02-11-2017, 11:50 AM
An Escalator ......................... oh ffs ...................... ha-ha-ha-ha-ha !!!

When it comes to 'Having ideas way, way above your station' - NO-ONE BEATS THEM !!

G B Young
02-11-2017, 11:55 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/25f5fa0bc88da9f923fd201d43c0dca2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/66088a8e5bf356ce973c4c18a5ce7288.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/3df4efa791b0aa2dcbf0b7c412843395.jpg

Hard to believe they weren't ready for this weekend. It all looks just moments from completion eh?

If those were taken today I suspect we'll hear the latest delay announcement next week.

Iggy Pope
02-11-2017, 11:58 AM
When they said the Killie game would now not be played at Tynecastle because of a problem with the stand being completed what they meant was their was no way they would be able to fit Kris Boyd's fat arse through that tiny wee space. I suppose that puts the kybosh on Christian Nade ever resigning for them as well :greengrin

Rather than refer to that latest photo as a vomitorium, would it not be more appropriate to call it an Anal Canal?

We could be onto something here!

Rudolf pulling pints
Submarine
Champions league logo
A huge maroon cow piggy bank
Bag of chips
Extras from the walking dead making there way to watch ‘the famous’ (orks, trolls, tramps and stormtroopers)
Edinburgh castle (so hospitality can actually see it)
Sam Nicholson grabbing his minge
That guy with the Romanov tattoo
Ronnie Corbett

Oh, this is good :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
02-11-2017, 12:17 PM

They played Liverpool and Spurs in Euro ties once and they have a special bond with them. It's like when you were a wee boy and you told your pals you were friends with your big cousins hard pals just to show off but in reality they really didn't know you existed.

StevieT
02-11-2017, 12:19 PM
All that's missing is the carpet then give the place a good hoover and Bingo !

They're getting to play bingo too?

Moulin Yarns
02-11-2017, 12:22 PM
They're getting to play bingo too?

It was always on the cards, They have been gambling with the fans money for a while now.

Iain G
02-11-2017, 12:22 PM

I am *loving* the industrial architectural style balustrade around the escalator, it's so New York loft apartment!

I think we have a new term bunch of design terms:

Jambo-Chic - it's like shabby chic but somehow more budget, ugly and unfit for purpose.

Down-cycling - taking perfectly good, new fit for purpose materials and items and making them look tatty, nasty, cheap and eye bleedingly tasteless.

Impractical Completion - where they say it's nearly finished but it clearly isn't anywhere near it!

Benny Brazil
02-11-2017, 12:39 PM
this may have already been posted - but just wow!

Kiwidoug

Jimmy Cruickshanks Gloves
Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

Hibs are doing better than us on the park right now. Of that there is absolutely no question.

If I was asked however whether I would swap places with them if we got their east stand and they got our main stand, you can guess the answer.

This is another 5-1 for them, another Hamilton Accies. Another Malmo.

Enjoy your short lived period of derby superiority you cretins. Sorry you have to seethe at our world class stand and I do mean world class.

Springbank
02-11-2017, 12:43 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

Hibs are doing better than us on the park right now. Of that there is absolutely no question.

If I was asked however whether I would swap places with them if we got their east stand and they got our main stand, you can guess the answer.

Enjoy your short lived period of derby superiority you cretins. Sorry you have to seethe at our world class stand and I do mean world class.

Does he mean world class?

KeithTheHibby
02-11-2017, 12:45 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

What an absolute zoomer. Is this the daft twat that posts on the Scotsman forum?

Why the **** is he comparing our east stand with their main stand? Misinformed moron.

Notice he doesn't consider swapping training facilities. ********s like him are so far detached from reality they are really beyond comprehension.

the_ginger_hibee
02-11-2017, 12:48 PM

Ha ha very funny Hobo...we know that's the Wheatfield stand and not pictures of the 'World Class'(C) Main Stand. Nice try...

G B Young
02-11-2017, 12:53 PM

They certainly won't be able to squeeze the word 'Tynecastle' above such a narrow tunnel. 'This is Tiny' would be appropriate.

jacomo
02-11-2017, 12:57 PM
What an absolute zoomer. Is this the daft twat that posts on the Scotsman forum?

Why the **** is he comparing our east stand with their main stand? Misinformed moron.

Notice he doesn't consider swapping training facilities. ********s like him are so far detached from reality they are really beyond comprehension.

Not for the first time, a Jambo gives the game away.

Kiwi Doug has just admitted their new stand does not stand comparison with a proper main stand. He's just too thick to realise it.

G B Young
02-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Remember this from the Budgies statement of 12th April this year?
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5863

"We will also auction off specific items of memorabilia and we will sell bricks, either individually or in lots, to use for all sorts of fan suggested purposes. (e.g. for building a bar-b-que)"

So how much would a BBQ cost?

That statement is crammed full of gems!

One of them being:

"Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things. His style of expression is quite different from many others in Scottish football, possibly influenced by his time spent abroad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0juSJ6f3X24

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 01:01 PM
They played Liverpool and Spurs in Euro ties once and they have a special bond with them. It's like when you were a wee boy and you told your pals you were friends with your big cousins hard pals just to show off but in reality they really didn't know you existed.They've certainly got one of their odd "special" relationships with Liverpool as they got onto the yams creditors list but I don't think they got the chance to bump spurs out of any money.

HoboHarry
02-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Kiwi Doug and the idiot that is Totty have been speaking s***e on the Scotsman forums for years. The only who was even thicker was the Prof......

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Kiwi Doug and the idiot that is Totty have been speaking s***e on the Scotsman forums for years. The only who was even thicker was the Prof......This is where these odd people hold their seeing who can piss the highest competitions. I think it's great to have them all in one place as it makes it easier for the authorities to find them whenever they need to question all the fruit loops.

Iain G
02-11-2017, 01:12 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

Will have a word with folks in Wellington to visit him in the asylum, absolute deluded yam of the highest order!

Iain G
02-11-2017, 01:14 PM
This is where these odd people hold their seeing who can piss the highest competitions. I think it's great to have them all in one place as it makes it easier for the authorities to find them whenever they need to question all the fruit loops.

We all know it's Dr Budge who can piss the highest, and even if not the yam cretins would make sure she won as they know their place.

Speedway
02-11-2017, 01:23 PM
The Budge Fudge is coming along nicely.

New contractors 'Bodgeit & Scarper' have now been appointed to complete the project.

Crack legal practice 'Kanwe Cheetham & Howe' will ensure everything is compliant upon completion.

McSwanky
02-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

This is absolute gold!

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 01:28 PM
This is absolute gold!

The boys got form, one of their top roasters, there are actually yams that laugh at him.

Hibee87
02-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

Is this guy serious though? I dont frequent KB but surely this is a joke?

Or an undercover Hibs fan

hibbyfraelibby
02-11-2017, 01:44 PM

Neither class nor glass just crass

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Someone has actually posted this... WOW just WOW... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/a0487207238c51ddb49c32fe2fe25bfe.jpg

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:19 PM
This is absolute gold!

Sorry I’ve just screenshot it never seen you had posted too. Absolute belter of a comment. That is right up there with the most deluded of deluded.

McSwanky
02-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Sorry I’ve just screenshot it never seen you had posted too. Absolute belter of a comment. That is right up there with the most deluded of deluded.

I didn't post it, just reacted to it! The guy should get a slot at next year's Fringe, he's brilliant!

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:26 PM
I didn't post it, just reacted to it! The guy should get a slot at next year's Fringe, he's brilliant!

He’d win best comedian hands down. How can folk be that deluded though?

HoboHarry
02-11-2017, 02:32 PM
He's been at it for years on the Scotsman forums. The nonsense he and other Yaks posted was the reason I stopped posting there. He claimed to live in New Zealand but he couldn't keep his stories straight with what he thought the time difference was. I always believed he lived in a bedsit in Gorgie....

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 02:34 PM
He’d win best comedian hands down. How can folk be that deluded though?It's this sort of mindset that let's people like Vlad exploit them and leaves them hanging on Mrs Budge's every statement. Even when they are plainly untrue - like the just waiting for seats one.

Believers. .... it's why they got into the administration mess and why they are where they are today. More power to the Kiwidougs of this world.

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:37 PM
He's been at it for years on the Scotsman forums. The nonsense he and other Yaks posted was the reason I stopped posting there. He claimed to live in New Zealand but he couldn't keep his stories straight with what he thought the time difference was. I always believed he lived in a bedsit in Gorgie....

I used to post on there years ago, to many idiots was also my reason for not posting and I don’t read it at all now. I think you could be right, sounds like not all his dogs are barking and he is indeed sitting alone in his bedsit in Gorgie.

Aldo
02-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Someone has actually posted this... WOW just WOW... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/a0487207238c51ddb49c32fe2fe25bfe.jpg

What they have to remember is our east is NOT and I repeat for this looking in, including kiwifud or whatever the roasters name is, our MAIN stand. It is a single tier stand to accommodate fans with the minimum of facilities.

To compare our east to their Main just shows you the mentality of them.

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:39 PM
It's this sort of mindset that let's people like Vlad exploit them and leaves them hanging on Mrs Budge's every statement. Even when they are plainly untrue - like the just waiting for seats one.

Believers. .... it's why they got into the administration mess and why they are where they are today. More power to the Kiwidougs of this world.

Seems to be plenty of Kiwidougs on KB with tunnel vision and just can’t see they are being brutally shafted. Long may it continue 😁

Aldo
02-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Seems to be plenty of Kiwidougs on KB with tunnel vision and just can’t see they are being brutally shafted. Long may it continue [emoji16]

Got by their tunnel it be small and/or narrow minded

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:40 PM
What they have to remember is our east is NOT and I repeat for this looking in, including kiwifud or whatever the roasters name is, our MAIN stand. It is a single tier stand to accommodate fans with the minimum of facilities.

Exactly Aldo, how can anyone be happy with that tinpot stand? Let’s not even get started on how the outside looks!!

Aldo
02-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Exactly Aldo, how can anyone be happy with that tinpot stand? Let’s not even get started on how the outside looks!!

Correct.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Seems to be plenty of Kiwidougs on KB with tunnel vision and just can’t see they are being brutally shafted. Long may it continue [emoji16]It will. Sit back and enjoy.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Exactly Aldo, how can anyone be happy with that tinpot stand? Let’s not even get started on how the outside looks!!Does anyone think Doug knows that their corporate areas don't face the pitch? Or that our East stand isn't actually the main stand?

Kato
02-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Kiwidoug

Kiwidoug
Paid Member_20
7,101 posts
Location - Wellington NZ

Posted 16 hours ago

Grade A Teabag.

World class in his own wee world of his own. Bless.

Thecat23
02-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Does anyone think Doug knows that their corporate areas don't face the pitch? Or that our East stand isn't actually the main stand?

I think Doug is a tad special and doesn’t really know much at all.

Aldo
02-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Does anyone think Doug knows that their corporate areas don't face the pitch? Or that our East stand isn't actually the main stand?

Maybe he’s confused because their new mega main stand is single tiered with similar facilities to our east??

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 02:49 PM
I think Doug is a tad special and doesn’t really know much at all.Maybe hard to peer out on the world through the bars on his wee window.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Big team big stand ....wee team wee stand

madsen5
02-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Got by their tunnel it be small and/or narrow minded

The tunnel is that narrow so they can squeeze more seats in .

Peevemor
02-11-2017, 03:01 PM
The tunnel is that narrow so they can squeeze more seats in .

It'll be a projectile vomitorium.

Iain G
02-11-2017, 03:04 PM

You are so right!

The exact comparison is:

Easter Road East Stand - designed to accommodate fans with the minimum of facilities.

Tynecastle New Main Stand - designed to accommodate fans with the minimum of faculties.

jeffers
02-11-2017, 03:17 PM

I've seen this posted a few times, tell me that's not really true ?

Hibby70
02-11-2017, 03:18 PM
You are so right!

The exact comparison is:

Easter Road East Stand - designed to accommodate fans with the minimum of facilities.

Tynecastle New Main Stand - designed to accommodate fans with the minimum of faculties.

Bravo type smiley

hibbyfraelibby
02-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Lets be fair here the direct comparison of their World Crass Main Stand to our East is justified.

1. Its single tier
2. It faces the pitch
3. It has seats in it

However our East has

1. More Seats
2. More Sections
3. More "vomitories"
4. Wider seats
5. Wider Exits
6. More Turnstiles

and most importantly

7. More fans.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2017, 03:20 PM
I've seen this posted a few times, tell me that's not really true ?Mrs Budge might. I won't ☺

jeffers
02-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Mrs Budge might. I won't ☺

That's brilliant. This just gets funnier and funnier.

mjhibby
02-11-2017, 03:24 PM

You should listen to the jambos at my work. They just need two or three players and they will challenge for second and horse us. Maybe it is an attempt at humour by them by I don't think they do irony. I actually feel sorry for them as they are so detached from reality.

grunt
02-11-2017, 03:41 PM

The overall narrative thread of the mural depicts the stream of match day fans through the ages walking through the streets of Dalry and Gorgie to the new stadium

You mean like this?

https://myp1.wikispaces.com/file/view/evolution_of_man.jpg/99794817/492x498/evolution_of_man.jpg

Moulin Yarns
02-11-2017, 03:42 PM
You are so right!

The exact comparison is:

:greengrin

BSEJVT
02-11-2017, 03:46 PM
You mean like this?

https://myp1.wikispaces.com/file/view/evolution_of_man.jpg/99794817/492x498/evolution_of_man.jpg

Pictures 3,4 & 5 are redundant as far as the gunts are concerned, those steps in their evolution simply never happened.

SteveHFC
02-11-2017, 03:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNokddPWAAALSul.jpg

grunt
02-11-2017, 04:07 PM
They're quite smart. At least they've managed to get the badge done correctly there.

Iain G
02-11-2017, 04:11 PM

Someone phone the police, there is a Ford Cortina somewhere missing its seats...

greenginger
02-11-2017, 04:14 PM

Auld pishy breeks Foukes will only require 2 seats for his fat a***. Hope the seats are stain proof.

lord bunberry
02-11-2017, 04:48 PM
They seem a bit too close together.

Alan62
02-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Are these seats in the dugouts?

NAE NOOKIE
02-11-2017, 05:06 PM

You can see them fading to pink before your very eyes ... do they come with covers :greengrin

Famous Fiver
02-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Official capacity now 20,004?

PatHead
02-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Official capacity now 20,004?

Don’t forget the 22 players on the pitch, the referee and 3 other officials not to mention the stewards and first aid staff.

Famous Fiver
02-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Ball boys and turnstile operators?

Don't think they are in to the digital age yet so crowd must be boosted by 20/30 odd turnstile operators, who just like the Hospitality guests won't have a view of the pitch, but hey ho, let's count them anyway.

HoboHarry
02-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Don’t forget the 22 players on the pitch, the referee and 3 other officials not to mention the stewards and first aid staff.
They'll include the toilets as seats too I would imagine.....

Jack Hackett
02-11-2017, 06:53 PM

... and anyone who happens to be passing on a bus.

lapsedhibee
02-11-2017, 07:00 PM
... and anyone who happens to be passing on a bus.
... and anyone who has a season ticket for the bus, even though they're not using it to sit on the bus that day.

WhileTheChief..
02-11-2017, 07:09 PM
LD talked about our dugouts getting work done on them. Has that happened or anyone know what the plans are?

Hibernia&Alba
02-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Someone phone the police, there is a Ford Cortina somewhere missing its seats...

If that's the manager's seat, it will have mair owners than an old Cortina.

Deansy
02-11-2017, 07:10 PM
He’d win best comedian hands down. How can folk be that deluded though?

30+ Years of 'Other People's Money' has done, and will continue to do so for some considerable time, an incredible amount of damage to the 'Jambo Psyche' (:idiot:) - compounded by 'Playing Within Their Means'/'Level Playing-Field' and our gradual (but rightful) restoration to superiority, stress-levels are currently at an all-time high at the PBS. When it's confirmed that 'Tyney IS Tinier', Wallopers like 'Kiwi Doug' will no longer stand out, he'll be very much 'Par for the course' and Hibs.net will be spoilt for choice.

Famous Fiver
02-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Would have been worth getting the Hearts cast off dug out seats but Neilson's skid marks are still there after the Cup Tie so think we'll give that one a bye.

Ringothedog
02-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Grade A Teabag.

World class in his own wee world of his own. Bless.

He sounds like a teabagging specialist.

JohnM1875
02-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Genuine question. But, does anyone actually really care if, by some miracle, they announce Tynie to have a higher capacity then Easter Road?

I mean, I know they obviously care. But do any Hibs fans? I can’t say it’s something I’ve ever gloated about being a Hibs fan. Imagine getting beat then pulling out ‘aye, but our stadium has 200 more seats than yours!’

RyeSloan
02-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Genuine question. But, does anyone actually really care if, by some miracle, they announce Tynie to have a higher capacity then Easter Road?

I mean, I know they obviously care. But do any Hibs fans? I can’t say it’s something I’ve ever gloated about being a Hibs fan. Imagine getting beat then pulling out ‘aye, but our stadium has 200 more seats than yours!’

Oh after years of their achingly pathetic Big Team Wee Team stuff I think most Hibs fans will be having a wee chuckle to themselves when the capacity falls despairingly short of Easter Road [emoji16]

RyeSloan
02-11-2017, 07:43 PM
LD talked about our dugouts getting work done on them. Has that happened or anyone know what the plans are?

They appeared to get a wee clean and a spruce up after the open day (they were pretty run down) but that's about it I think.

I think Easter Road could do with better dugouts (why are the called dugouts anyway?) to be honest.

Still looking forward to the Yams amazing revolution in dug out design...

lapsedhibee
02-11-2017, 07:47 PM
I think Easter Road could do with better dugouts (why are the called dugouts anyway?)

After the trenches that Hearts dug out in the course of winning WW1.

Joe6-2
02-11-2017, 07:50 PM

😂😂😂

Joe6-2
02-11-2017, 07:57 PM

World Glass

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-11-2017, 08:12 PM

Yeah cause stuff like this defines them so it's hilarious that they will fall short. I had Hearts fans GUARANTEEING me that their capacity would dwarf us when it was completed. Their egos wouldn't allow them to even consider that it might not. That's why it's funny

Deansy
02-11-2017, 08:16 PM
They appeared to get a wee clean and a spruce up after the open day (they were pretty run down) but that's about it I think.

I think Easter Road could do with better dugouts (why are the called dugouts anyway?) to be honest.

Don't think there's much you can do with dug-outs really, but I have no doubt they'll be 'The Biggest in the SPL' !

Jack Hackett
02-11-2017, 08:28 PM

Lifted from Wiki

The first dugout appeared at Pittodrie (home of Aberdeen) in the early 1920s. The story goes that Aberdeen’s trainer at the time, Donald Colman, was a boxing and dancing enthusiast obsessed with his players’ footwork. Because he also made meticulous notes during each game and therefore needed a dry notebook, he had Aberdeen build a sunken covered area at Pittodrie, thereafter known as the ‘dugout’. A few years later Everton visited, liked the idea and built one at Goodison Park. Don’t forget that this was some 40 years before the introduction of substitutes.

In the early days dugouts had to be sunk below ground level so as not to get in the way of the crowd, although it is not that uncommon in Non League to find the odd example where they are positioned immediately in front of the stand, as at Sidlesham until fairly recently. These days it is quite rare to see a proper dugout, sunk below ground level. Part of this reason probably stems from the fact that it is virtually impossible to get a good view of the action from such a worms eye position, although a more pragmatic answer is that they tend to get full of water, particularly during a typical British football season. Wembley Stadium was unusual in that there were no dugouts as such, but instead provided the classic ‘trainers bench’ on the touchline.

... So now you know :greengrin

Juice-Terry
02-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Once there was Budge love and it was a gas
Soon turned out there was no wall of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Pretty Boy
02-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Others have covered it with far more wit but what an absolute shambles this whole thing has been, proper comedy gold.

Oh and Kiwidoug must be a Hibs fan on the wind up. There's no way even the most deluded of deluded roasters could believe the stuff he comes out with. Well played to the guy, he has been trolling them on Kickback and The Scotsman forums before that for years.

Greenfly
02-11-2017, 09:04 PM

I hope they've got the good sense to keep these polythene covers on them. These seats at the front are so exposed to prevailing elements that they'll gets regular soakings. It might also protect them from brown stains, which will likely be a regular occurrence.

HibbyDave
02-11-2017, 09:14 PM
In Madrid for a short break and toured the Bernabeu..... they have escaltors and liads of other stuff as well as a vomitorium. This means their stadium must nearly be as good as the PBS?

Greenfly
02-11-2017, 09:25 PM
In Madrid for a short break and toured the Bernabeu..... they have escaltors and liads of other stuff as well as a vomitorium. This means their stadium must nearly be as good as the PBS?

...any chips?

HibbyDave
02-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Pattatas frittas or something like that.
Stadium is about to undergo a makeover and will be fully enclosed all-round steel on the outside and almost a full roof on the stadium playing field area.
It is stunning as it is.

WhileTheChief..
02-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Lifted from Wiki

The first dugout appeared at Pittodrie (home of Aberdeen) in the early 1920s. The story goes that Aberdeen’s trainer at the time, Donald Colman, was a boxing and dancing enthusiast obsessed with his players’ footwork. Because he also made meticulous notes during each game and therefore needed a dry notebook, he had Aberdeen build a sunken covered area at Pittodrie, thereafter known as the ‘dugout’. A few years later Everton visited, liked the idea and built one at Goodison Park. Don’t forget that this was some 40 years before the introduction of substitutes.

In the early days dugouts had to be sunk below ground level so as not to get in the way of the crowd, although it is not that uncommon in Non League to find the odd example where they are positioned immediately in front of the stand, as at Sidlesham until fairly recently. These days it is quite rare to see a proper dugout, sunk below ground level. Part of this reason probably stems from the fact that it is virtually impossible to get a good view of the action from such a worms eye position, although a more pragmatic answer is that they tend to get full of water, particularly during a typical British football season. Wembley Stadium was unusual in that there were no dugouts as such, but instead provided the classic ‘trainers bench’ on the touchline.

Interesting read.

Even more interesting is Hearts decision to have their dugouts below pitch level in order to get that worms eye view of the pitch.

Idiots.

dchibs
02-11-2017, 10:09 PM
They seem a bit too close together.

Hope Potter dosnt have the runs like a few years ago sitting on those, mind you I don't think the brown stains would show on that colour.

RyeSloan
02-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Lifted from Wiki

Hee hee I sure do! Never crossed my mind before!

Used to see some proper dugouts watching football Italia...think it might have been the the Olympico that the players used to literally be eye level with the pitch when they were in the dug out.

greenginger
02-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Looking at this photo from the BSB Structural facebook shows the lower section of the new stand only has 9 rows of seats.

https://www.facebook.com/445307042486538/photos/ms.c.eJw1x8ERACAMArCNPEBa6v6L~_fDMLyVavemJm1j1jhFy 7H~_yTCUX4lQJbw~-~-.bps.a.445754419108467.1073741831.445307042486538/521426314874610/?type=3&theater

Their plans show 10 rows on the lower, and 27 rows on the upper section making the 37 rows that has been used in their seat count.

They'd better get a new seat count done or may'be Budgie better get an explanation ready for the grunts who have coughed up for a seat in row 10.

Suppose they could always blame Scott Gardener :greengrin

Jack
02-11-2017, 10:27 PM

Suppose it's a Grand Prix. Stop s******ing at the back!

Results against them are the lead lap. We're winning.

We win they lose is the chasing pack. Aye we've got that too.

Everything else is a lap behind. It's interesting to listen to the radio messages. Sometimes you can hear the whinging of the driver over the whining of the engine. They're Haas beens who bought big that never really made it.

hibby6270
02-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Looking at this photo from the BSB Structural facebook shows the lower section of the new stand only has 9 rows of seats.

https://www.facebook.com/445307042486538/photos/ms.c.eJw1x8ERACAMArCNPEBa6v6L~_fDMLyVavemJm1j1jhFy 7H~_yTCUX4lQJbw~-~-.bps.a.445754419108467.1073741831.445307042486538/521426314874610/?type=3&theater

Their plans show 10 rows on the lower, and 27 rows on the upper section making the 37 rows that has been used in their seat count.

They'd better get a new seat count done or may'be Budgie better get an explanation ready for the grunts who have coughed up for a seat in row 10.

Feel like I’m “coming out” here.

My name is Hibby6270 and I’m a ‘Keekbackaholic - NewStand Threadaholic’.

Spending too much time reading it but fair cheers me up from time to time bringing a big smile to my face every couple of pages or so.

It has been explained on there that Row 10 seats will be put in once the passageway barriers above that row are in place. If you look at the photo, yes, there are 9 rows of seats there just now but if you see the rails they are attached to, there is a 10th one at the top waiting for seats to be bolted on. Almost looks as though that aspect of the build was planned.

The Pointer
02-11-2017, 10:37 PM
The seats seem to have a look that resembles the slightly powdery appearance you get on plums. Now that's what the colour's called.

It has to be said, and probably because of the dull, light absorbing shade, it already has a nostalgic appearance.

Hardly jump up and down inspirational.

andybev1
02-11-2017, 10:45 PM
It may be a very niche subject but this is a site those kinky hearts supporters with a curtain fetish get their kicks.

http://www.goffscurtainwalls.com/catalog/curtain-walls-0

Most important - they are all easy to wipe down!

Criswell
02-11-2017, 11:43 PM
When I heard that their new stand was being described "World Class" I was intrigued. Having looked at some of the images of the interior I must say I am rather disappointed. All I can see is plasterboard and breeze blocks. I was expecting marble and alabaster halls, carved mahogany balustrades etc! Kiwi Dug...have you been exagerating? Tut Tut...naughty boy!

NAE NOOKIE
02-11-2017, 11:59 PM

Easter Road had a bigger capacity than Tynecastle for decades and to be honest I for one never gave it a passing thought. Its not how big your ground is, what's important is how many folk go to it.

The same goes for the modern all seated stadiums ... If the Yams ended up with a 22,000 capacity stadium I honestly couldn't care less. As other folk have pointed out, the only reason its become 'a thing' is off the back of the Yams 'big team' nonsense where everything about them has to be bigger and better than Hibs .... from that point of view we know that whether they admit it or not the fact that their ground is going to be smaller than Easter Road has to irk them ..... that's the great thing about the Yams, we don't have to work at finding reasons to take the piss out of them because they provide them by the bucket load :greengrin

rossevenil
03-11-2017, 01:52 AM

Looks like the rail for attaching the seats is there at the back (I assume what should be row 10) but they haven`t got enough seats or decided to change the plan? If you look the silver rails that the seats are attached to and count them front to back there are 10:confused:

weecounty hibby
03-11-2017, 06:36 AM
When I heard that their new stand was being described "World Class" I was intrigued. Having looked at some of the images of the interior I must say I am rather disappointed. All I can see is plasterboard and breeze blocks. I was expecting marble and alabaster halls, carved mahogany balustrades etc! Kiwi Dug...have you been exagerating? Tut Tut...naughty boy!

It's world class in kiwi fuds world. You know the one where hearts were double winners in 86 and May 2016 is erased from all calendars, he describes his one bedroom bedsit as a mansion, tells everyone he works as a corporate lawyer while really he can't find work due to his delusions of being something he's not. Yip, kiwi fuds world is one where he is very special indeed and the Gorgie Vomitory is akin to the Nou Camp.

scm70nyd1973
03-11-2017, 07:04 AM

I am Weegie Hibby and I live in NZ (Auckland) - maybe I should pop down and see him for a wee chat to put him right - remind him how crap the weather is down there too - he probably is so deluded that he thinks it is great !

Iain G
03-11-2017, 07:29 AM
I am Weegie Hibby and I live in NZ (Auckland) - maybe I should pop down and see him for a wee chat to put him right - remind him how crap the weather is down there too - he probably is so deluded that he thinks it is great !

You can't beat Wellington on a good day :wink::greengrin:na na:

GreenCastle
03-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Look at the pictures..

Think of Budgies statement about being nearly all ready to sit in except due to late delivery of seats..

Then think of the last statement about testing the ticket systems etc and they couldn’t risk using the new technology without 3 weeks testing.

Look at pictures again..I’m pretty certain there is still a lot of work to do including missing seats and other parts of the stand like front rails etc. Obviously the hospitality will be 2018.

I think they will open for 19th Nov to save any further humiliation and cost of hiring Murrayfield but if I was a member of the public I would be very wary of the rushed job to get people seating in a building site. Not like it will bother Hearts conscience or delusional fans.

Iain G
03-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Look at the pictures..

Think of Budgies statement about being nearly all ready to sit in except due to late delivery of seats..

Then think of the last statement about testing the ticket systems etc and they couldn’t risk using the new technology without 3 weeks testing.

Look at pictures again..I’m pretty certain there is still a lot of work to do including missing seats and other parts of the stand like front rails etc. Obviously the hospitality will be 2018.

I think they will open for 19th Nov to save any further humiliation and cost of hiring Murrayfield but if I was a member of the public I would be very wary of the rushed job to get people seating in a building site. Not like it will bother Hearts conscience or delusional fans.

If the three weeks of testing is an accurate duration, and we have no reason to believe it is, then December opening at the earliest if all is done properly....oh wait!

greenginger
03-11-2017, 09:45 AM
If the three weeks of testing is an accurate duration, and we have no reason to believe it is, then December opening at the earliest if all is done properly....oh wait!

Still no building warrant issued for any of the work on the new stand. Doubt even they can get an a safety certificate without a building warrant.

Although , they are still using the new Wheatfield Stand accommodation every day as a shop , ticket office, club offices etc and the temporary occupation certificate that was issued for these buildings expired back in July.

Gordy M
03-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Are hearts not due to play a 'home' game in 2 weeks.....the same day as the scottish rugby team are playing a home game?? Or has that been resolved?

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Are hearts not due to play a 'home' game in 2 weeks.....the same day as the scottish rugby team are playing a home game?? Or has that been resolved?

They’re scheduled to play on the Sunday. We’re at home and Scotland play NZ at 515 so always was booked for the Sunday (I think).

GreenCastle
03-11-2017, 10:35 AM
A few Ann Budge quotes from statements....

April 2017

a) All supporter areas, including toilet facilities, concourse catering facilities, turn-stiles, staircases, lifts, escalators, etc… in short, everything needed to allow our supporters to safely attend home games, is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, 2017.

4th August 2017

Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.
Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September.

27th October 2017

All seats should be fitted by the end of next week. ( Nov 3rd)

She's obviously being well advised...

Sergio sledge
03-11-2017, 10:46 AM
A few Ann Budge quotes from statements....

April 2017

a) All supporter areas, including toilet facilities, concourse catering facilities, turn-stiles, staircases, lifts, escalators, etc… in short, everything needed to allow our supporters to safely attend home games, is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, 2017.

4th August 2017

Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.
Our new target date for being “open for business”, however, is now Sunday 5th November, 2017. Given this new date, when we do open the stand in November, we will be in a position to open everything on the first floor, including 2 of our hospitality lounges, well ahead of our earlier scheduled date. Similarly, all of our supporter areas will be completed to the finished standard, rather than the minimal standard that would have been delivered in September.

27th October 2017

All seats should be fitted by the end of next week. ( Nov 3rd)

She's obviously being well advised...

One of her biggest problems has been the promise of things which ended up not being achieved.

I'm pretty sure she said in her last statement that the stand would have been ready for the game this weekend but that they didn't want to rush the testing/safety certification so had postponed it. However the end of the stand isn't even on yet, so I don't see how they could have been ready for this weekend even if they could have got the testing done in 1 day.

Someone on the contractors side of things should have managed her expectations better once they knew she liked to go out and over promise to the fans.

Pete
03-11-2017, 10:50 AM

It now looks every inch a £14million piece of architecture.

A lot of us here have been put right in our place.

Geo_1875
03-11-2017, 10:51 AM
One of her biggest problems has been the promise of things which ended up not being achieved.

I'm pretty sure she said in her last statement that the stand would have been ready for the game this weekend but that they didn't want to rush the testing/safety certification so had postponed it. However the end of the stand isn't even on yet, so I don't see how they could have been ready for this weekend even if they could have got the testing done in 1 day.

Someone on the contractors side of things should have managed her expectations better once they knew she liked to go out and over promise to the fans.

It's the fact that they are so accepting of her bull**** announcements that makes them look (more) ridiculous. Every man and his dog knew that their timescales were unachievable but they swallow every lie that she comes out with.