PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Thecat23
05-10-2017, 01:42 PM
Yep, definitely racist.

Racist? If I posted a blind white man would that be racist? What’s the colour of his skin to do with it?

FilipinoHibs
05-10-2017, 01:44 PM
racist? If i posted a blind white man would that be racist? What’s the colour of his skin to do with it?

blindist!

lapsedhibee
05-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Racist? If I posted a blind white man would that be racist? What’s the colour of his skin to do with it?

Thought it was a bit sexist myself likes. Could just as easily have used a woman with a white stick to make the point.

HoboHarry
05-10-2017, 01:56 PM
It's a Wonder we are allowed to post anything...... :cool2:

Mikey
05-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Thought it was a bit sexist myself likes. Could just as easily have used a woman with a white stick to make the point.

Stickist.

MrSmith
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLXUGNlW4AAskHE.jpg

What a glum looking seat :(

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-10-2017, 02:06 PM
cartoonist.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uz3I77MB-c

lapsedhibee
05-10-2017, 02:12 PM
then Ian Black to do any touch up paintwork to the steelwork and voila!

Chips and classical music, an irresistible combination. I predict that Scott Wilson will be reporting a sell-out every week.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2017, 02:14 PM

What a glum looking seat :(It's not a seat it's an erse receptacle.

At some point it will be occupied by an erse who paid for it, then paid a premium on top for the privilege, and will probably be paying for the stand it's located in indefinitely plus 6.5% interest to the one shareholder.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

MrSmith
05-10-2017, 02:15 PM
It's not a seat it's an erse receptacle.

At some point it will be occupied by an erse who paid for it, then paid a premium on top for the privilege, and will probably be paying for the stand it's located in indefinitely plus 6.5% interest to the one shareholder.

that's an hilarious picture you paint :D

McSwanky
05-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Even Stevie Wonder could see what was racist about that. :take that:shocked::paranoid::Ummm::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Slavers
05-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Everything is racist, your post was full of white privilege!

fat freddy
05-10-2017, 03:07 PM

You would have been on safer ground with a picture of Peters & Lee. White skin, Male and Female plus the added bonus of one of them being blind and the other one sighted, they were the perfect blind joke couple in the seventies.

HoboHarry
05-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Some people on here should google the old tv programme "Love Thy Neighbour" if you want to see what used to be acceptable lol. PC has gone mad.......

Thecat23
05-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Some people on here should google the old tv programme "Love Thy Neighbour" if you want to see what used to be acceptable lol. PC has gone mad.......

That really was something else. Still can’t believe someone said my post is racist 😳 Nothing at all to do with the colour of their skin. Seriously worry for some on here.

lapsedhibee
05-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Still can’t believe someone said my post is racist ��

Think that might not have been entirely serious.

fat freddy
05-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Or watch an episode of Robins Nest, the Armist jokes about the wee dishwasher were shocking, the poor guy was ridiculed every episode.

Hibernia&Alba
05-10-2017, 03:18 PM
It wasn't offensive at all, IMHO. How many times have you heard somebody say the linesman was Stevie Wonder etc? Come on, let's not be precious about something and nothing. Prejudice and discrimination are very different from what The Cat said.

Thread back on topic, please.......

Thecat23
05-10-2017, 03:23 PM

I’d hope not, but there was no smiley or that so it’s left me a tad confused. Anyway back to the stand. It’s still really, really, really bad!!!

Hibee87
05-10-2017, 03:23 PM

I think this might be a wooosh moment for you, I believe his comment was meant in jest (I could be wrong) but I took it to be that way.

Thecat23
05-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I think this might be a wooosh moment for you, I believe his comment was meant in jest (I could be wrong) but I took it to be that way.

I’m known to have a few woosh moments so prob is 😁

lapsedhibee
05-10-2017, 03:29 PM

Reported, for implying that racism can ever be a laughing matter.

CropleyWasGod
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I’m known to have a few woosh moments so prob is [emoji16]Fgs, even Jose Feliciano could see that it wasn't racist.

Or was..... I think. [emoji30]

(Younger viewers can Google him)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
05-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Reported, for implying that racism can ever be a laughing matter.

:greengrin

Crazyhorse
05-10-2017, 04:06 PM
He's also said

I think this figure is too high - from what I can see the plans indidate slightly less than 7000, and that's with no special provision for executive seating or camera stands..

But even if we take his figure as gospel. that gives us

Main stand - 7289
Roseburn - 3396
Wheatfield - 5902
Gorgie - 3300

Total - 19887 maximum

It's funny that the official line is still 20k+. :fibber:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/historytynecastlestadium
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tynecastle_Park

Yeah we have been over the suspect yam seat numbers a few times. The capacity will be around 19,700 unless of course you add on the toilet seats, the seats in the Schoolview Lounge, CL's throne, the seats in the police control box, the benches in the changing rooms etc etc. And the yams will of course do so...

Hibernia&Alba
05-10-2017, 04:08 PM
This thread is for the unapologetically Jamboist, which means everyone in their right mind.

jonty
05-10-2017, 05:17 PM

My sons lego set has more pieces and looks more robust than that.
It looks like a temporary stand (as others have said) and if you told me that was for a premiership stadium, I'd never have believed you.
That seriously passes all the H&S requirements for a permanent stand?
It doesn't look like it would last more than a couple of years.

Fuzzywuzzy
05-10-2017, 05:30 PM
That really was something else. Still can’t believe someone said my post is racist 😳 Nothing at all to do with the colour of their skin. Seriously worry for some on here.

You'll still be able to find 'heil honey, I'm home' somewhere

HibbyDave
05-10-2017, 05:32 PM
It looks like a temporary stand (as others have said) and if you told me that was for a premiership stadium, I'd never have believed you.

What......are you meant to get planning and building consent before you start work?
Next you’ll be suggesting that a safety inspection and certificate will be needed.

The Pointer
05-10-2017, 05:35 PM

Oooh, don't the dark red clash with the crimson? Somebody got their mood boards mixed up.

silverhibee
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
It’s getting unreal it really is.

Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing Shirley :wink: :greengrin

Thecat23
05-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing Shirley :wink: :greengrin

😂😂

Jack Hackett
05-10-2017, 06:37 PM

So... Lonely!

silverhibee
05-10-2017, 06:37 PM

The back of the stand looks like it's falling apart already.

.Sean.
05-10-2017, 06:38 PM
My old man got the box set as like a novelty present and now I love it. :greengrin

Pete
05-10-2017, 07:36 PM

It looks like you can erect and dismantle the whole stand using a single Allen key.

Kavinho
05-10-2017, 07:45 PM

Jesterist !

lapsedhibee
05-10-2017, 07:45 PM
It looks like you can erect and dismantle the whole stand using a single Allen key.

And probably an imperial one at that, with the 'stadium' being a 1960s design.

Jack
05-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Lily Allen always does it for me!

My friends don't see what I see in her butt then I show them the photo with the Hibs tattoo.

It would be late Sunday before any dismantling!

Then maybe a curry!

jacomo
05-10-2017, 11:41 PM

Not wishing to derail this thread even further, but that show (and Til Death Us Do Part) were mocking people with racist attitudes - albeit in a very clumsy way typical of the 1970s.

Massive whoosh moment for those who still don't realise that.

HoboHarry
05-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Not wishing to derail this thread even further, but that show (and Til Death Us Do Part) were mocking people with racist attitudes - albeit in a very clumsy way typical of the 1970s.

Massive whoosh moment for those who still don't realise that.

I understand that but it still remains the case that the PC brigade would not allow that series to be made now.

Deansy
06-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah we have been over the suspect yam seat numbers a few times. The capacity will be around 19,700 unless of course you add on the toilet seats, the seats in the Schoolview Lounge, CL's throne, the seats in the police control box, the benches in the changing rooms etc etc. And the yams will of course do so...

Not for one solitary second did I think that they WOULDN'T add them all in !. And whatever figure they're short of in matching our capacity (20421) I fully expect an order for a bulk-lot of cheap folding picnic-chairs - though forever destined to rot in the deepest, darkest confines of the PBS - will be made so that they can say - on paper - that they have ................ oh, let's just say 20422 'seats' !

Keith_M
06-10-2017, 06:15 AM

:agree:

WhileTheChief..
06-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Aberdeen have put their new stadium plans on hold just now but if they ever get round to it I think Hearts fans might be a bit jealous of their glass curtain....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-41488639

Of course, as it’s another club they will refer to them as windows in order to maintain their position of holders of the biggest glass curtain in Scotland.

jacomo
06-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Aberdeen have put their new stadium plans on hold just now but if they ever get round to it I think Hearts fans might be a bit jealous of their glass curtain....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-41488639

Of course, as it’s another club they will refer to them as windows in order to maintain their position of holders of the biggest glass curtain in Scotland.

Embarrassing for Stewart Milne. He's making a right mess of things up there as well.

JimBHibees
06-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Embarrassing for Stewart Milne. He's making a right mess of things up there as well.

Agree he needs to get someone in who has experience in the construction industry. :greengrin

Hibee87
06-10-2017, 10:19 AM
See they yaks are doing a special poppy shirt, 58 quid with only a fiver of each strip sold going to the charity.

TrinityHibs
06-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I was looking back through the threads trying to find the one that related to the east stand build to compare our build with Tiny. I also wanted to compare the number of photographs taken to show progress as I am convinced that we got a lot more. While looking I came across a thread started by Blackpool on 5 August 2014. It has nothing to do with office building or construction mismanagement but it did make me think how much things have changed in only 3 years. For what its worth my answer was and remains Yes.

East Stand and East Mains.

Nobody was more in favour of the new East Stand than me, and building it apparently saved us 2 or 3 million quid. Yet now i'm questioning myself over if it was the right decision.

Our team has been neglected while we built it, the team has declined. Crowds have dropped, and the stadium looks terrible less than half empty every home game too.

Now we find ourself relegated and as a result will cost us millions to get us back to where we were before we built it, so what i'm basically saying is, has building it been the right decision?

I have certainly questioned myself over it, and with the increased cost to maintain it and of course East Mains, have we overstretched ourselves to the detriment of our core product IE the team on the park each week?

Are the same points still valid as they were before?

The_Sauz
06-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Till Death Us Do Part....... that was even better:greengrin

G B Young
06-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Every time I dip into this thread it's moved on by another half a dozen pages so apologies if this has already been answered...but is that pic of the solitary seat genuine?? It would appear to be simply 'clipped on' to a thin metal bar. That can't be how they're doing it surely?

Scorrie
06-10-2017, 10:31 AM
See they yaks are doing a special poppy shirt, 58 quid with only a fiver of each strip sold going to the charity.

They’ll nick the fiver back as well. They have previous...

Kato
06-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Every time I dip into this thread it's moved on by another half a dozen pages so apologies if this has already been answered...but is that pic of the solitary seat genuine?? It would appear to be simply 'clipped on' to a thin metal bar. That can't be how they're doing it surely?

Seems so. I know a couple of hefty jambos who crush that seat to smithereens by just looking at it.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 10:56 AM

Its a controversial subject, one even most Hibbies are reluctant to see become a subject for unseemly 'banter' between rival football clubs .... Having said that, there is a groundswell of opinion amongst Hibs fans that in recent years the Yams have begun to use their clubs connections to this annual event as a PR and money spinning tool.

Stuff like this isn't helping their case ..... what other clubs in the UK are selling shirts of this type to supporters? This kit is £10 more expensive than their standard home top ( which even then is £3 more expensive than the equivalent Hibs top ) meaning that even with a fiver going to charity there is still a bigger mark up on it.

That line between respect and pride in a notable event in their clubs history and shameless exploitation of it for financial gain gets more and more blurred with every passing year :no way:

With 2018 almost upon us the time where WW1 passes more into the mists of history is fast approaching .... I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see the Yams pull the same trick they did with 'Save the Children' and forego the selling of the new stand naming rights because yet another 'mystery benefactor' has stepped forward to cover any losses that might cause ..... 'The McCrae's battalion main stand' wouldn't surprise me in the least.

green day
06-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Its a controversial subject, one even most Hibbies are reluctant to see become a subject for unseemly 'banter' between rival football clubs .... Having said that, there is a groundswell of opinion amongst Hibs fans that in recent years the Yams have begun to use their clubs connections to this annual event as a PR and money spinning tool.

Stuff like this isn't helping their case ..... what other clubs in the UK are selling shirts of this type to supporters? This kit is £10 more expensive than their standard home top ( which even then is £3 more expensive than the equivalent Hibs top ) meaning that even with a fiver going to charity there is still a bigger mark up on it.

That line between respect and pride in a notable event in their clubs history and shameless exploitation of it for financial gain gets more and more blurred with every passing year :no way:

Its not blurred for me - they are shameless and even if people buy this top with the best intentions, the club will be making money where it wouldnt have happened before.

Is it any surprise that their "opening day" is poppy weekend? They will milk it for all its worth, the BBC (of course) will probably do a Hearts Rise from the Ashes special.

I ****in hate them, and their appropriation of the Poppy / Remembrance stuff is nothing short of a disgrace.

Scott Allan Key
06-10-2017, 11:08 AM

If they’re covering their costs, fine. But making a profit from the misery of war is despicable and it’d be right to draw attention to their classless act. No doubt the excuse of commemoration and respect will be utilised on top of the charity but we all know it’s a crass money making exercise, sadly.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Its not blurred for me - they are shameless and even if people buy this top with the best intentions, the club will be making money where it wouldnt have happened before.

Is it any surprise that their "opening day" is poppy weekend? They will milk it for all its worth, the BBC (of course) will probably do a Hearts Rise from the Ashes special.

I ****in hate them, and their appropriation of the Poppy / Remembrance stuff is nothing short of a disgrace.

I cant help thinking you are probably being more accurate than I was here mate ...... as I said in my edit, watch this space for the main stand naming.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2017, 11:21 AM

I ****in hate them, and their appropriation of the Poppy / Remembrance stuff is nothing short of a disgrace.There's nae getting away from it though.

They didn't pay for their poppies. Confirmed by their very own creditors list. Lady Haig Poppy Fund cash spent to prop up their enormously debt laden club.

Lest they forget.

Winston Ingram
06-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I was looking back through the threads trying to find the one that related to the east stand build to compare our build with Tiny. I also wanted to compare the number of photographs taken to show progress as I am convinced that we got a lot more. While looking I came across a thread started by Blackpool on 5 August 2014. It has nothing to do with office building or construction mismanagement but it did make me think how much things have changed in only 3 years. For what its worth my answer was and remains Yes.

East Stand and East Mains.

Nobody was more in favour of the new East Stand than me, and building it apparently saved us 2 or 3 million quid. Yet now i'm questioning myself over if it was the right decision.

Our team has been neglected while we built it, the team has declined. Crowds have dropped, and the stadium looks terrible less than half empty every home game too.

Now we find ourself relegated and as a result will cost us millions to get us back to where we were before we built it, so what i'm basically saying is, has building it been the right decision?

I have certainly questioned myself over it, and with the increased cost to maintain it and of course East Mains, have we overstretched ourselves to the detriment of our core product IE the team on the park each week?

Are the same points still valid as they were before?

We were going to need to replace the old East Terracing in the next 5 or 10 years. We paid £3m for it which was incredible. The cost of Hearts new council building was initially £12m before all the balls ups and the flooring of 70% the seating area isn't even concrete.

We'd have been mental to have turned down the deal we were offered

Jack Hackett
06-10-2017, 11:57 AM
They’ll nick the fiver back as well. They have previous...

There will probably be a deduction for administration... Get it? Administration... Just like last time.

I'll get ma coat......

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 12:46 PM
We were going to need to replace the olf East Terracing in the next 5 or 10 years. We paid £3m for it which was incredible. The cost of Hearts new council building was initially £12m before all the balls ups and the flooring of 70% the seating area isn't even contrete.

We'd have been mental to have turned down the deal we were offered,

There are similarities between the two projects:

To an extent Hibs hand was forced due to the prospect of the planning permission running out, there's little doubt that if we had allowed it to expire we would have struggled to get renewed planning permission for a stand anything like the height of the current east stand ....... when ( not if ) we get around to building in the FF / East corner it will be interesting to see if we are allowed anything that matches the height of the existing stands.

Hearts situation was worse, the main stand was falling to bits, must have been costing a fortune to maintain and even our Yamcentric council would have struggled to continue to grant it a safety certificate. Not only that, but they were losing a lot of money due to the modest capacity of the PBS and their lack of anything like modern corporate facilities.

Where the two situations differ markedly is that Hibs had the money to fully fund what in football stand terms was a basic project .... the Yams on the other hand after years of neglect have been forced to undertake what for any club is the single most expensive infrastructure project it will be faced with, short of a brand new stadium, and worse start that project in the full knowledge they didn't have the full funding in place.

Its becoming clear what the ramifications of all this are .... They have smashed through the original estimate of 12 million quid and even with the increased amounts of money they don't have being thrown at the project with every passing day and every picture posted its as plain as the nose on your face that what they are delivering is a cheap parody of what they promised their supporters.
The plans for a smart looking floor to ceiling glass façade have become what looks like a factory or 1970s high school. What was already a compromise of having corporate facilities that didn't face the pitch has become a joke as the promised panoramic views of the castle have turned out to be anything but and now its clear that they have been forced to use what are nothing less than temporary stand materials for the decking of what is supposed to be a permanent structure ... I refuse to believe that was a decision that would have been made if the money had been available for a fully concrete decking structure.

All those Yams going on about our 'breeze block' stands need to scan the pictures of their own build again .... there's breeze blocks all over the place and cheap fixes for what should be substantial structures .......... If its still standing in 30 years time I'll be amazed. In fact, if Edinburgh's population continues to grow as its predicted to do and the popularity of the game is maintained at current levels or grows I cant see how the Yams will be able to stay in Gorgie ..... any additions to the stadium now would be ridiculously expensive for a limited increase in capacity. If I was saint Budge I would already be preparing the Gorgie faithful for the inevitable move to an out of town site that's bound to happen within the lifetime of most of their younger fans.

Peevemor
06-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Seats - I'm not sure if they're close enough together.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171006/89588148de18978a3be91a878150f163.jpg

GreenCastle
06-10-2017, 12:55 PM

Did they order kids seats ?

Tiny seats for a Tiny stadium but expensive stand.

The current seats in other stands are tight enough and I'm not even over weight!

Look at the joints of the stand also - looks so cheap and rushed.

Having watched Hibs ladies the other night in ER I looked round and thought I'm so glad we have a quality stadium with the tiered stands and single East to break it up.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2017, 12:57 PM

Looks gantin' already ..... imagine how depressing all that gray and maroon is going to look when all the seats are in.

FFS tell me I'm wrong, but is that not duct tape being used to seal up the gaps where the sections of decking meet. I'm sure that wont be permanent, but I doubt the solution they finally arrive at will look any better :faf:

MurrayfieldHibs
06-10-2017, 01:01 PM

Clucking bell, there isn't much elbow room is there?????

Is that duct tape holding the sheet metalwork together?

Peevemor
06-10-2017, 01:10 PM

It looks like it or, at best, some sort of flashband. Even if it's not meant to be temporary it will be.

G B Young
06-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Yep, looks like the sort of flashing tape I recently used to shore up a leaking chimney. A temporary measure until I can pay for a roofer to replace the leading. Quite why a new stand should need taped together at any stage of the proceedings is mind boggling.

Winston Ingram
06-10-2017, 01:34 PM

To an extent Hibs hand was forced due to the prospect of the planning permission running out, there's little doubt that if we had allowed it to expire we would have struggled to get renewed planning permission for a stand anything like the height of the current east stand ....... when ( not if ) we get around to building in the FF / East corner it will be interesting to see if we are allowed anything that matches the height of the existing stands.

Hearts situation was worse, the main stand was falling to bits, must have been costing a fortune to maintain and even our Yamcentric council would have struggled to continue to grant it a safety certificate. Not only that, but they were losing a lot of money due to the modest capacity of the PBS and their lack of anything like modern corporate facilities.

Where the two situations differ markedly is that Hibs had the money to fully fund what in football stand terms was a basic project .... the Yams on the other hand after years of neglect have been forced to undertake what for any club is the single most expensive infrastructure project it will be faced with, short of a brand new stadium, and worse start that project in the full knowledge they didn't have the full funding in place.

Its becoming clear what the ramifications of all this are .... They have smashed through the original estimate of 12 million quid and even with the increased amounts of money they don't have being thrown at the project with every passing day and every picture posted its as plain as the nose on your face that what they are delivering is a cheap parody of what they promised their supporters.
The plans for a smart looking floor to ceiling glass façade have become what looks like a factory or 1970s high school. What was already a compromise of having corporate facilities that didn't face the pitch has become a joke as the promised panoramic views of the castle have turned out to be anything but and now its clear that they have been forced to use what are nothing less than temporary stand materials for the decking of what is supposed to be a permanent structure ... I refuse to believe that was a decision that would have been made if the money had been available for a fully concrete decking structure.

All those Yams going on about our 'breeze block' stands need to scan the pictures of their own build again .... there's breeze blocks all over the place and cheap fixes for what should be substantial structures .......... If its still standing in 30 years time I'll be amazed. In fact, if Edinburgh's population continues to grow as its predicted to do and the popularity of the game is maintained at current levels or grows I cant see how the Yams will be able to stay in Gorgie ..... any additions to the stadium now would be ridiculously expensive for a limited increase in capacity. If I was saint Budge I would already be preparing the Gorgie faithful for the inevitable move to an out of town site that's bound to happen within the lifetime of most of their younger fans.

The other 3 stands that they built over 20 years ago were built on the cheap as well and having sat in them for the St Johnstone Semi and the Bonnyrigg game, you can see that they are not lasting at all well. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were to repalce them in the next 20 years.

Skol
06-10-2017, 02:19 PM

You can read on kickback that the decking used is the more expensive type.

Peevemor
06-10-2017, 02:28 PM
You can read on kickback that the decking used is the more expensive type.
If the decking is more expensive, then they must have been trying to make an overall saving with a lighter main structure.

lapsedhibee
06-10-2017, 02:51 PM

I think that's why there's never been formal confirmation of the stand's capacity - Drs Budge is going to try and jambo as many squeezily flexible seats in to each row as she can, and then count them. ER is fairly fabulous for leg and elbow room - Tiny will be the exact opposite but she won't care if they can get to 20,422.

lapsedhibee
06-10-2017, 02:53 PM
We were going to need to replace the old East Terracing in the next 5 or 10 years. We paid £3m for it

So, just to clarify, are you saying that the whole East cost the same to build as the overspend on the Wernham Hogg stand?

snedzuk
06-10-2017, 03:03 PM

I take it this is a special section for Gary Locke

Bostonhibby
06-10-2017, 03:09 PM

Is that duct tape holding the sheet metalwork together?All really big teams sellotape their stadiums together.

Kato
06-10-2017, 03:25 PM
All really big teams sellotape their stadiums together.

It's perfection, Hibs fans can only dream of a stadium carefully pieced together with bespoke sections of gaffer tape and the finest pop-rivets. Every rival fan in the country will be full of envy.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2017, 03:34 PM
It's perfection, Hibs fans can only dream of a stadium carefully pieced together with bespoke sections of gaffer tape and the finest pop-rivets. Every rival fan in the country will be full of envy.Gaffer tape?

Gaffer is a fairly important sounding title but there must be something grander than sellotape named after Potter?

I'd have expected a team of the yams international standing to be sealing the ragged joins up with something superior sounding like Mrs Budge's fixing poultice or Lord Foulkes patented surgical bandages.

Deansy
06-10-2017, 03:48 PM
'Cheap, tacky, shoddy, crap, poor-quality material' etc, etc - yup, they're getting a stand that virtually screams 'I AM 100% JAMBO' !

Hibernia&Alba
06-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Seriously, is that some kind of tape? :confused:

Carheenlea
06-10-2017, 04:17 PM

There's going to be a lot of jacket snagging and jammed fingers with those seats. It'll feel like one of those P1 parent evenings when you squeeze into your kids school chair.

GreenCastle
06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
There's going to be a lot of jacket snagging and jammed fingers with those seats. It'll feel like one of those P1 parent evenings when you squeeze into your kids school chair.

You can see the someone sitting in the seat on the left of the picture and how much space he's taking up.

Carheenlea
06-10-2017, 04:31 PM
You can see the someone sitting in the seat on the left of the picture and how much space he's taking up.

Surely they won't be as tight in the directors box/hospitality seating? You can't have dignitaries, club officials and corporate guests jammed in cheek to jowl in a brand new facility.

G B Young
06-10-2017, 04:43 PM

You get a sore arse and back after doing that for just 10 minutes so imagine what 90 minutes sitting in that stand will be like. At least when you're on your kid's school chair there's not usually another parent jammed up against you, but here it'll be like being stuck in a shrunken version of the middle seat of a aeroplane row. Seriously, some larger fans simply won't be able to squeeze in to those seats. Even fans of more moderate proportions will be sitting with their hands forced down between their legs there's so little room on either side.

I am genuinely amazed there's no regulatory/safety procedure to be followed here when it comes to leg room/space between seats. I didn't realise you could just jam as many seats as close together as possible to increase capacity.

Hibby70
06-10-2017, 04:44 PM

Look there's some of Leveins left over post it notes now Cathro is away

GreenCastle
06-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Surely they won't be as tight in the directors box/hospitality seating? You can't have dignitaries, club officials and corporate guests jammed in cheek to jowl in a brand new facility.

Supposedly the seats for Budge and co will be wider and with more space and padded.

Hopefully they have improved the disabled access and views in new stand as current seating in other stands is shocking with the handrail in the way.

They even oddly cordon parts of the concourse off to stop people walking past - another odd design which I've never seen at any other stadium.

RedHibby
06-10-2017, 04:58 PM
I've been winding a couple of Jamo's up at work saying the seats are purple. 🎣

Criswell
06-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Is anyone surprised the seats look small? They are trying to shoehorn in 7000 seats into a 6000 seater stand.

jgl07
06-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Is anyone surprised the seats look small? They are trying to shoehorn in 7000 seats into a 6000 seater stand.

That’s what big clubs do.

Old Trafford has a similar footprint to the Etihad Stadium in Manchester. One has a capacity of 76,000, the other 55,000. Go figure!

Pete
06-10-2017, 10:36 PM
If you look at the guy on the left in the high-viz as a guide, the seats don't look that small. Looks like there'll be plenty elbow room.

The rest of it is ****ing tragic though. No doubt it will disappear in August for the tattoo.

Mikey09
06-10-2017, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;5186278]Gaffer tape?

Gaffer is a fairly important sounding title but there must be something grander than sellotape named after Potter?

I'd have expected a team of the yams international standing to be sealing the ragged joins up with something superior sounding like Mrs Budge's fixing poultice or Lord Foulkes patented surgical bandages.

Cathro Tape?

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2017, 11:28 PM
looks like the yamboids will have the largest tin can in scotland

The Pointer
06-10-2017, 11:41 PM
I watched a video taken from the top tier on a Hearts Facebook page and it has nothing at the top, just nothing - except stairs down - no hospitality, no offices, nothing except a view of the other dilapidated stands, and the comment accompanying it was "Fantastic".

SanFranHibs
07-10-2017, 12:21 AM

Yet ANOTHER Tynecastle sellout.

I would leave the protective wrapping on for our visit because they will be Shi***g themselves.

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2017, 12:39 AM

Dear God. What is it about maroon that makes it look utterly depressing?

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2017, 01:41 AM
Dear God. What is it about maroon that makes it look utterly depressing?

Yes looks truly awful. Will it open in 28 days?

G B Young
07-10-2017, 07:05 AM
If you look at the guy on the left in the high-viz as a guide, the seats don't look that small. Looks like there'll be plenty elbow room.

The rest of it is ****ing tragic though. No doubt it will disappear in August for the tattoo.

I'd suggest the opposite. The guy's elbow is halfway across the seat next to him. All very well if there's nobody next to you but uncomfortably cosy if you're shoehorned in on both sides.

Scorrie
07-10-2017, 07:12 AM
I'd suggest the opposite. The guy's elbow is halfway across the seat next to him. All very well if there's nobody next to you but uncomfortably cosy if you're shoehorned in on both sides.

Aye and he’s only 5 foot 2 and weighs 8 stone

Springbank
07-10-2017, 07:26 AM
If youre sitting next to lord foulkes in one of those seats bring a clothes peg to pinch your nose #fumes

Firestarter
07-10-2017, 07:39 AM
If youre sitting next to lord foulkes in one of those seats bring a clothes peg to pinch your nose #fumes

I would also be concerned to where his hands end up.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;5186278]Gaffer tape?

Cathro Tape?[emoji1]

The innovative new tape. But it doesn't stick.

Keith_M
07-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Had a look at the most recent photos and it's amazing how similar it is to the Wheatfield Stand; single tier, curved roof at back, same roof truss, etc.

I thought they were supposed to be building something new an innovative, but they seem to just have a slightly larger clone of the stand opposite.

How on earth can it be more than double the cost of our Main Stand.

:confused:

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Had a look at the most recent photos and it's amazing how similar it is to the Wheatfield Stand; single tier, curved roof at back, same roof truss, etc.

I thought they were supposed to be building something new an innovative, but they seem to just have a slightly larger clone of the stand opposite.

How on earth can it be more than double the cost of our Main Stand.

:confused:

Carbon copy of a 20 year old stand. Forward thinking lot

Www1875hfc
07-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Found this under the headline "WOW".
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/d963877a59040206924cd9e8b7bb21b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
07-10-2017, 10:10 AM

To be fair, I have to say that drawing looks pretty impressive. Let’s see how close the finished article is to the image though.

Keith_M
07-10-2017, 10:12 AM
To be fair, I have to say that drawing looks pretty impressive. Let’s see how close the finished article is to the image though.

Yep, but it's pretty easy to mock up some image. They did that before with their Romanov Stand.

Let's just see what it actually looks like

---------------------------------

Actually, here's the reality...

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/w_700,f_auto,ar_3:2,c_fill/http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/webimage/1.4425024.1492765111!/image/image.jpg

GreenCastle
07-10-2017, 10:16 AM

Haha!

It's going to look nothing like that.

The lettering is smaller and not sitting on top of the stand.

Photoshop / Artisits impressions can make anything look good - just google Hearts main stand and you will find several versions better than the 70s office block they have spent £14 plus million on!

Arch Stanton
07-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Do you mean the guy whos jacket will snag if he puts the seat next to him down? :greengrin

Seriously though, there is a definite overlap there onto the next seat.

(What is the high-viz by the way?)

Pete
07-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Do you mean the guy whos jacket will snag if he puts the seat next to him down? :greengrin

Seriously though, there is a definite overlap there onto the next seat.

(What is the high-viz by the way?)

High visibility vest. It looks like he’s leaning to his left with his arm resting on the seat we can see. Hard to tell though.

The real issue looks like it’s going to be that plastic? clamping mechanism that’s holding the seat to some sort of rail. That’ll last five minutes in a football stadium.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2017, 10:38 AM

An aerial shot of any floodlit stadium at night will look nice ( I know its photoshopped ) but in all honesty you could replace the word 'wow' with the word 'basic' ...... four one tiered stands and corner floodlights, it doesn't get any more basic than that.

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2017, 10:50 AM
It's going to be just like our East, but with extra bells and whistles (glass façade) because it's their main stand. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if it's done right: the view in the East at ER is superb, due to the steepness, and is a great place to watch football. Whether they do it right is another matter......

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 10:57 AM
To be fair, I have to say that drawing looks pretty impressive. Let’s see how close the finished article is to the image though.Trying to be objective, at best it's a pretty bland looking box grafted onto a one tier metal stand that looks the same as the three tired existing ones.

There's a few shiny bits at the front in an attempt to make it different/appealing for the idiots but as they say down gorgie way, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

And that's only the drawing.

Keith_M
07-10-2017, 11:00 AM
It's going to be just like our East, but with extra bells and whistles (glass façade) because it's their main stand. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if it's done right: the view in the East at ER is superb, due to the steepness, and is a great place to watch football. Whether they do it right is another matter......

I've writen a few times already on this thread that it will actually be a half decent stand, when finished. The extra office space at the front will also be useful.

They'll be as proud of their completed stadium as we are of ours.

I think most of us just take the P' because of a combination of the usual football rivalry and the rather exagerrated claims that the club and some of their fans made about it... well that and the quite obvious mess whoever was in charge made of ordering basic stuff like seats ;-)

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 11:14 AM
I've writen a few times already on this thread that it will actually be a half decent stand, when finished. The extra office space at the front will also be useful.

I think most of us just take the P' because of a combination of the usual football rivalry and the rather exagerrated claims that the club and some of their fans made about it... well that and the quite obvious mess whoever was in charge made of ordering basic stuff like seats ;-)I think it could have been delivered without the attention it's had on here if it wasn't for the fanfare of absurdities about the unique style, innovation etc that features in everything they do.

They set themselves up for it and the difference between the hype and what they're getting for their money is so stark you just have to make the most of it[emoji1]

weecounty hibby
07-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm sure it will be "OK" but no more than that. Certainly not worth the fanfare and outright boasting coming from Hearts and, let's not kid ourselves, the majority of their fans. It is the LEAST they had to do after having a stand that wasn't fit for purpose 25 years ago. They will also need to do something with the other three stands that are in a terrible state judging by my last couple of visits. But once again our pink chums just can have something OK they felt the need to portray it as the 8th wonder of the world. Total fuds each and every one of them

Peevemor
07-10-2017, 11:17 AM

I think most of us just take the P' because of a combination of the usual football rivalry and the rather exagerrated claims that the club and some of their fans made about it... well that and the quite obvious mess whoever was in charge made of ordering basic stuff like seats ;-)
I agree. Although, for whatever reason, ER is aging far better than Tynie. Their new stand looks like it will be "high maintenance" too.

Thecat23
07-10-2017, 11:33 AM
It’s a tin stand. That looks 40 years old! Nothing to do with it being Hearts it’s genuinely looks terrible for the price of it.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Made the same point myself before ..... that's what our H.Net Yam observers need to realise when they marvel at a thread running to page upon page on their new stand. Its not that we are jealous, seething or anything else, in fact I think most Hibbies would actually be happy to see a Scottish club, even them, improving their stadium ..... Its the fact that they just couldn't get on with it without their insatiable need to proclaim that everything they do, or in this case build, will be better than everyone elses, especially ours.

Unfortunately 'much better than what we had' is never good enough for the Jambos, it always has to be 'much better than yours' .... when they present us with an open goal it would be churlish not to take the shot :greengrin

Peevemor
07-10-2017, 12:49 PM
This is from a first time poster across there

Based on the plans I think it’s more likely to look like this? Hopefully posting the image right.

https://i.imgur.com/zkn2GDe.jpg

:greengrin Must be one of ours!

FranckSuzy
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
I think it could have been delivered without the attention it's had on here if it wasn't for the fanfare of absurdities about the unique style, innovation etc that features in everything they do.

They set themselves up for it and the difference between the hype and what they're getting for their money is so stark you just have to make the most of it[emoji1]

:faf: :top marksK!

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 12:59 PM
:faf: :top marksK!Ach, I cannae help myself[emoji6]

Shooting fish in a barrel.

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2017, 01:23 PM

Nailed on Hibby and nae ***** given by him/her :greengrin

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 01:35 PM

Look at that plaza! We’ve got something similar outside our 4 stands, we just call it the bit you queue up at to enter the stadium.

hibbytam
07-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Made the same point myself before ..... that's what our H.Net Yam observers need to realise when they marvel at a thread running to page upon page on their new stand. Its not that we are jealous, seething or anything else, in fact I think most Hibbies would actually be happy to see a Scottish club, even them, improving their stadium ..... Its the fact that they just couldn't get on with it without their insatiable need to proclaim that everything they do, or in this case build, will be better than everyone elses, especially ours.

Unfortunately 'much better than what we had' is never good enough for the Jambos, it always has to be 'much better than yours' .... when they present us with an open goal it would be churlish not to take the shot :greengrin

I think most hibs fans will be happy they're staying at tiny. I can imagine a derby at a soulless out of town stadium being the same.
But it is funny that they've messed it up a bit. And it's never going to look as good as Easter road. But then I would say that....

Jack Hackett
07-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Look at that plaza! We’ve got something similar outside our 4 stands, we just call it the bit you queue up at to enter the stadium.

Ach! You just lack vision. Picture it full of happy yams, picnicking on innovative pre-match chips under the leafy trees, while their offspring are being entertained by jugglers, acrobats and clowns. Queen Anne strolling around, meeting and greeting her faithful subjects before they are shoe-horned into their luxury seats. I'm inspired by the far sighted vision of a club preparing itself for a future we can only dream of.

... No, really! :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2017, 02:40 PM

I beg to differ .... is it not a fact that the area behind the east stand has been referred to as 'Petrie Plaza' since time immemorial ... well, at least since the stand was built anyway :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Where do you even start with this stand? The lack of leg room/elbow room is incredible. Their fans paying hundreds to sit in the footballing equivalent of a Ryanair flight won't care a jot about the inevitable sore back and terrible match experience so long as they can get close to our overall capacity. Strange breed.
I was at St James Park last season and sat in the impressive main stand that was built a few years ago and it was a similar experience, comfort wise, that I get every week in our East stand. I was down last week for the Liverpool game and sat in the old stand opposite and my word, can't believe how little room I had. I'm 5' 10" and built like the side of a fiver and I genuinely had to sit at an angle for 90 mins. It was brutal. That was built decades ago when that was obv acceptable. To build a brand new- main- stand like that is a farce. The aluminium flooring held together with gaffer tape sums the entire club up perfectly.

jacomo
07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
I agree. Although, for whatever reason, ER is aging far better than Tynie. Their new stand looks like it will be "high maintenance" too.

Build it properly in the first place and save in the long run?

Peevemor
07-10-2017, 03:46 PM
This is brilliant. They're all insisting that this is a poor piss take and that surely the lettering will be bigger.

If the club have allowed that artists impression out the bag and are then going to serve us up anything like that then that’s the biggest kick in the teeth ever

Hope not cause that's going to look terrible.
Might as well not bother with the lettering at all as the lettering will look so small in relation to the stand.

Neither the badge or the lettering is big enough, i hope its not this size.

A tiny wee badge and letters will look ridiculous.

but -

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tynecastle-PARK.jpg

- they're in for a shock!

YehButNoBut
07-10-2017, 03:54 PM

Partner has a flat that overlooks their new stand, top pic was taken in August the others were taken today.

bigwheel
07-10-2017, 03:57 PM

Partner has a flat that overlooks their new stand, top pic was taken in August the other were taken today.

don't think it looks too bad tbh...looks well off being finished mind you...

green day
07-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Partner has a flat that overlooks their new stand, top pic was taken in August the others were taken today.

The last two with the cars in the foreground make it look like the Scotmid at Tollcross.

The one with the badge.........are they putting tarmac down around it or bricks?

If the latter, its got a lot of work to go.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Doesn't look nearly as bad from an angle when you can see the curve of the building. Don't get me wrong it's still an out of date mess but those angles are a bit more flattering than the face on ones

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2017, 04:47 PM
This is brilliant. They're all insisting that this is a poor piss take and that surely the lettering will be bigger.

but -

Genuinely laughed out loud seeing this

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 04:53 PM
It's not good enough. Bigness means they have to have an outsize badge and giant letters.

To compensate for the wee non compliant pitch, cramped wee seats and smaller capacity than Hibs.

Are big letters and badges dearer than tiny wee ones? That nice Mr Romanov would have used big ones in his drawings. Budge out.

Jack Hackett
07-10-2017, 05:04 PM

but -

The thing about the more impressive bottom image, is that to get the shown perspective (with the framing truss), you'd have to be somewhere around the railway line behind Tynecastle High, so you're never going to get that view of it. Artistic licence run riot, with every inconvenient 'in the way' building removed

LeithSqualk
07-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Our main stand had 4 levels I think then a massive bit at the top. How can their super steep stand look like it's only got two floors and a roof Terrace/function suite?

Peevemor
07-10-2017, 05:41 PM
The thing about the more impressive bottom image, is that to get the shown perspective (with the framing truss), you'd have to be somewhere around the railway line behind Tynecastle High, so you're never going to get that view of it. Artistic licence run riot, with every inconvenient 'in the way' building removed
It's an elevation drawing - they can't really do otherwise.

Peevemor
07-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Our main stand had 4 levels I think then a massive bit at the top. How can their super steep stand look like it's only got two floors and a roof Terrace/function suite?
The 'step' between the 2 tiers adds an extra floor/level.

Seveno
07-10-2017, 05:50 PM
What a pathetic bunch we are. Has no-one else noticed the jacking points underneath the office block that will be used to raise it after completion. This will extend the plaza to allow a large undercover area for stalls, entertainment, art and street food. Meanwhile the Skyview Restaurant will indeed have views of the Castle, the three Forth Bridges, Fife and on a good day, the Cairngorms.

Worth every penny and a fine successor to the much loved Archibald Leitch triumph.

Green Blood
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM
19477 19478

This!

Deansy
07-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Seating that would bring a tear to the eyes of Michael O'Leary/Stelios Haji-Ioannou and all the others in the 'Budget Airline Industry' ........................

Honestly, I can see them having serious trouble with this in the future with the only remedy being complete re-seating with the numbers reduced in an attempt to make it more comfortable - making Tyney even tinier than it currently is just now !. After the initial euphoria of building the new '8th Wonder Of The World' has died down and Indiana Jones has confirmed his first-ever failure - 'The Mystery Of The Missing Glass Curtain ??', how long will it be before there's arguments/fights at every game over elbows being over-extended, perceived 'personal space' being invaded, jostling/nudging etc, etc - not forgetting the worst thing about tight, cramped spaces - people's 'lack of hygiene' (B.O.) what with the average 'Jambo' and 'Washing' not exactly going hand-in-hand ??. It's only human-nature - even the sub-human Jambo of the species can be affected ! Then there's season-ticket sales - who's going to shell out £400+ to sit in conditions like that ??. Gonna be fun watching !!

Brunswickbill
07-10-2017, 08:23 PM
An issue I haven't seen discussed is what are the natives who inhabited the enclosure in front of the old stand, and always stood throughout the game, going to to do. I presume that there isn't going to be a similar lower enclosure so if they have seats at the front of the new stand and continue to stand the maroon stuff will hit the fannies.

CapitalGreen
07-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Seating that would bring a tear to the eyes of Michael O'Leary/Stelios Haji-Ioannou and all the others in the 'Budget Airline Industry' ........................

Honestly, I can see them having serious trouble with this in the future with the only remedy being complete re-seating with the numbers reduced in an attempt to make it more comfortable - making Tyney even tinier than it currently is just now !. After the initial euphoria of building the new '8th Wonder Of The World' has died down and Indiana Jones has confirmed his first-ever failure - 'The Mystery Of The Missing Glass Curtain ??', how long will it be before there's arguments/fights at every game over elbows being over-extended, perceived 'personal space' being invaded, jostling/nudging etc, etc - not forgetting the worst thing about tight, cramped spaces - people's 'lack of hygiene' (B.O.) what with the average 'Jambo' and 'Washing' not exactly going hand-in-hand ??. It's only human-nature - even the sub-human Jambo of the species can be affected ! Then there's season-ticket sales - who's going to shell out £400+ to sit in conditions like that ??. Gonna be fun watching !!

The seats have always been a tight squeeze down Gorgie way.

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/w_700,f_auto,ar_3:2,c_fill/http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.4517443.1501353210!/image/image.jpg

cocteautwin
07-10-2017, 10:52 PM
When we play future semis at Tynecastle does that big heart mosaic become Edinburgh’s second focal point for big thick green ones?

EskbankHibby
07-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Morpheus does not look well, front right there.

It's almost as if he can buy in to the premise that reality is actually simulated reality but still can't buy into the premise that the stand will be finished on time.

EskbankHibby
07-10-2017, 10:55 PM

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/w_700,f_auto,ar_3:2,c_fill/http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.4517443.1501353210!/image/image.jpg

This photo by the way.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2017, 10:56 PM
It's an elevation drawing - they can't really do otherwise.Agree. A semi decent pen and ink drawing is all they understand. Look how well mad vlads cash only share issue went after his big box of pictures was announced to a grateful public.

Granted it was backed up by a feasibility study paid for by the council but. .......

silverhibee
07-10-2017, 11:01 PM

WOW :lolyam:

silverhibee
07-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Ach, I cannae help myself[emoji6]

Shooting fish in a barrel.

You keep it up good sir, and there is lots of fish. :thumbsup:

Aldo
08-10-2017, 08:03 AM

Not sure I get this. There doesn't seem to be very much room once you are actually sitting.

Are those sitting going to dangle their legs over the edge?

I know the above photo doesn't show it but I take it there will be a barrier of sorts at the front of this section. Looks really tight if there is!

Peevemor
08-10-2017, 08:23 AM

Not sure I get this. There doesn't seem to be very much room once you are actually sitting.

I know the above photo doesn't show it but I take it there will be a barrier of sorts at the front of this section. Looks really tight if there is!

There will be another row of seats fitted to the bottom step.

Aldo
08-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Ah right!! Cheers for that.

It's going to look so good....NOT

Peevemor
08-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Ah right!! Cheers for that.

It's going to look so good....NOT

In fact no, I'm talking baws - it probably will be a barrier (same as the other shelters)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171006/adfd0032c982a4aa56d6dc675ef4eca3.png

Firestarter
08-10-2017, 08:29 AM
How the **** is it costing so much money? If this was Romanov it would be accused of being dodgy as anything. Over £12m for a replica stand to our east with an horrendous looking front bit. Makes no sense at all.

Aldo
08-10-2017, 08:31 AM
In fact no, I'm talking baws - it probably will be a barrier (same as the other shelters)

Pretty tight in there for anyone over say 5ft??

Squeeze them in.

This makes more sense as I couldn't think or work out what they were actually trying to achieve!

GreenCastle
08-10-2017, 08:45 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171006/adfd0032c982a4aa56d6dc675ef4eca3.png

This is what I'm taking about.

They often put disabled people in an area like this.

You have the barrier in your sight line and they often cordon it off so people can't walk past.

For a design that's meant to last 20-25 years (if they are lucky) it's really not a smart design for people in a wheel chair etc.

28 days and counting till 5th - as far as I'm aware not all the seats have arrived so until they do...

They need to be granted certificate 1 week before game - so rest of seats must arrive in next 3 weeks and don't forget 1 week minimum to finish current open end section which has been used for access...

Jack
08-10-2017, 10:09 AM
I OBJECT TO PEOPLE ON HERE SAYING THAT TIN PAN FOLLY IS A REPLICA OF OUR EAST.

Cheap shoddy crap put together with duct tape where the punters will be sitting with their knees tucked up under their chins.

Our stand is basic but it's well built and built to last. And all 6,400 supporters can sit in relative comfort with unrestricted views of the whole pitch.

Like our East it is not!

green day
08-10-2017, 10:23 AM

Cheap shoddy crap put together with duct tape where the punters will be sitting with their knees tucked up under their chins.

Our stand is basic but it's well built and built to last. And all 6,400 supporters can sit in relative comfort with unrestricted views of the whole pitch.

Like our East it is not!

You are right.

Whatever jambos say about the corporate building at the back etc, its the feeling the fans get from the stand that counts.

My ST is in the west, and - while I am sure its important to Hibs - I couldnt give two hoots what the corporate facilities are like, its not my thing. However from my seat in the West Upper (aye jambos, we have a 2 tier stand) I have a great view, lots of legroom and plenty room (I am 6 foot 1 and 14 stone). Same goes for the East on the occasions I have sat there over the years.

If Tynie seats are modelling themselves on the Wheatfield, (no reason why they wont) from my limited experience of matches there it is a lot tighter, the legroom is crap and the fan "facilities" at the back are laughable.

jacomo
08-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Like our East it is not!

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
With the seats so close together, i'm not sure they should be advertising chips or indeed any other fatty foods to sell in their kiosks.

Kato
08-10-2017, 12:27 PM
With the seats so close together, i'm not sure they should be advertising chips or indeed any other fatty foods to sell in their kiosks.

They do have the biggest fans in Scotland after all.

Alan62
08-10-2017, 01:29 PM
I was in the vicinity earlier today and decided to drive past and take a wee look. There were folks working on the site so they're obviously working a 7 day week. The actual building looks honking and, to my untrained eye, looked a long, long way from being finished. However, family yam confirmed yesterday that they're 'ahead of the revised schedule' so I'm sure it will all be fine. :cb

lord bunberry
08-10-2017, 01:42 PM
I was in the prison officers club last night. It’s just down the road from the new monstrosity, some guy I was talking to outside told me that it wasn’t going to be ready until January. He reckoned that it wasn’t being announced so that that ticket sales for Murrayfield would continue to remain high. The novelty factor would be lost if they announce it now.

Iggy Pope
08-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Wonder if they will promote a Fatty Foulkes special in the chip shop. They should consider this sweaty and robust arsepiece in everything if they are clever. Maybe as part of the "SQUEEEEEEEZE your fatty, hairy, pimpled hertz erse into this tiny wee seat Matchday Experience".
Maybe also get that big munter that hung her knickers out the slum window with the anti-Vlad message to promote it further still? Endless revenue possibilities here for them. I'm jealously sad and seething to say. Think about it. Giant knickers, pee-stained breeks, a tiny wee seat. And chips. Loads of them.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2017, 01:45 PM
It's more a copy of the Wheatfield stand than our east stand. Looks almost identical other than the monstrosity bolted on the back. Our east stand is basic but it wasn't made out to be anything it wasn't. Maybe we could start saying it has the largest personolised stone wall in Scottish football or something to make ourselves feel big.

Diclonius
08-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Their new stand is supposed to be their new "Main" Stand in more than just name - it's where the dugouts, dressing rooms, receptions are etc. Our East Stand wasn't, and it still looks better.

The West is our "main" stand and it's got all the fancy windows and trees and a reception and a car park etc etc. There isn't a comparison.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Aye, while playing their banjo's... :greengrin

Arch Stanton
08-10-2017, 03:04 PM

You've got to hand it to them, as far as seat patterns go that's pretty radical. Museum of Modern Art watch out.

Peevemor
08-10-2017, 11:24 PM
http://img.pixady.com/2017/10/253590_1.jpg

So they have 3 weeks (before the safety certificate inspection) to finish the Roseburn end of the stand. There's still an entire bay to be built, including the gable (in line with the corner pylon), roof, tin steps, vehicular access tunnel + all the seats, etc.

Looking a bit tight is it not?

Mibbes Aye
08-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Morpheus does not look well, front right there.

It's almost as if he can buy in to the premise that reality is actually simulated reality but still can't buy into the premise that the stand will be finished on time.

FilipinoHibs
09-10-2017, 01:13 AM

So they have 3 weeks (before the safety certificate inspection) to finish the Roseburn end of the stand. There's still an entire bay to be built, including the gable (in line with the corner pylon), roof, tin steps, vehicular access tunnel + all the seats, etc.

26 days. Is the roof finished. Think we need a countdown to the announcement of the new schedule.

Pete
09-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Relax.

Everything needed to complete the job is in that white van and it’s simply a case of unloading it.

greenginger
09-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Relax.

Everything needed to complete the job is in that white van and it’s simply a case of unloading it.

Pictures from the BSB Structural facebook page from a couple of days ago , suggests a bit more . :greengrin

https://www.facebook.com/445307042486538/photos/ms.c.eJw9ytENACAIA9GNTEEKZf~;FTDTy~_XJHtEvsDrcyLl4 nvEiEvi0hbWH6~_2P8uh2H3xAr.bps.a.445754419108467.1 073741831.445307042486538/509288616088380/?type=3&theater

McSwanky
09-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Albert Kidd is looking well. Should have kept the tache though.

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Pictures from the BSB Structural facebook page from a couple of days ago , suggests a bit more . :greengrin

https://www.facebook.com/445307042486538/photos/ms.c.eJw9ytENACAIA9GNTEEKZf~;FTDTy~_XJHtEvsDrcyLl4 nvEiEvi0hbWH6~_2P8uh2H3xAr.bps.a.445754419108467.1 073741831.445307042486538/509288616088380/?type=3&theaterLooks like they've completed the bit of hedging around the outside though.

Surprised Mrs Budge hasn't announced this unique success and the EEN hasn't done a front page picture along with Banderson interviewing the hedge about it's special relationship with hearts.

jacomo
09-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Looks like they've completed the bit of hedging around the outside though.

Surprised Mrs Budge hasn't announced this unique success and the EEN hasn't done a front page picture along with Banderson interviewing the hedge about it's special relationship with hearts.

The famous hedge! the biggest hedge in Scottish football, directly descended from the famous hedge in Flanders...

Loyal Yams can sponsor a leaf each.

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 11:59 AM
The famous hedge! the biggest hedge in Scottish football, directly descended from the famous hedge in Flanders...

Loyal Yams can sponsor a leaf each.Authentic memorial plastic hedging will also be available for those wishing to experience the famous legendary atmosphere all year round.

Auction details to follow.

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Looks like they've completed the bit of hedging around the outside though.

Is it a curved curtain hedge or just the normal type?

FFS, we are being left standing by this new Gorgie development. We had a great chance to build a hedge between the flats and the East stand, what did we get instead, a bloody metal fence :grr:

This on top of our lack of windows is just getting to be too much .... is there no way we can knock some holes into the back of the East and put some windows in? I know they will have absolutely no purpose, but when kids are choosing what team to support the amount of glass a stadium has is pivotal in the choice many of them make ... I worry about our future, I really do :confused:

Jones28
09-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Like our East it is not!

I think people also forget quite often that the east is prepared for expansion within the structure - future proofed for development.

Hibs did a proper job on the stadium, tynecastle will never be anywhere near it.

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Is it a curved curtain hedge or just the normal type?

FFS, we are being left standing by this new Gorgie development. We had a great chance to build a hedge between the flats and the East stand, what did we get instead, a bloody metal fence :grr:

This on top of our lack of windows is just getting to be too much .... is there no way we can knock some holes into the back of the East and put some windows in? I know they will have absolutely no purpose, but when kids are choosing what team to support the amount of glass a stadium has is pivotal in the choice many of them make ... I worry about our future, I really do :confused:Some good points there, but to be honest I think we fell too far behind when we failed to appreciate the market for high priced plastic owls amongst football fans.

We had the chance to invite our fans to insert their small change into replica farmyard animals but were beaten to that by the "famous".

Petrie failed to lease a yacht for a week and then sell it to us when he wasn't using it.

Forever in their warped shadow.

G B Young
09-10-2017, 12:42 PM

Jeez, you're not wrong. Yet look at Potter, arrogantly commandeering maximum elbow room, conceding space to nobody.

jacomo
09-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Jeez, you're not wrong. Yet look at Potter, arrogantly commandeering maximum elbow room, conceding space to nobody.

He's seething because some other guy bagged the seat next to Budgie and is going for a cheeky grab around her waist...

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Why is the cladding pink and claret and not even close to maroon?

G B Young
09-10-2017, 01:08 PM
He's seething because some other guy bagged the seat next to Budgie and is going for a cheeky grab around her waist...

That bloke on Budge's right looks like he's having the life slowly squeezed out of him by both the tight confines of his seat and Hearts' dismal display on the pitch.

I'm assuming those are the seats in the directors box? You'd think that they, at least, would be a bit more luxurious. Out of interest, what sort of seats to we have in the directors' box at ER? Just the same as in the rest of the main stand? I seem to recall padded seats for the directors in our old main stand but might be imagining that.

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2017, 01:35 PM
That bloke on Budge's right looks like he's having the life slowly squeezed out of him by both the tight confines of his seat and Hearts' dismal display on the pitch.

I'm assuming those are the seats in the directors box? You'd think that they, at least, would be a bit more luxurious. Out of interest, what sort of seats to we have in the directors' box at ER? Just the same as in the rest of the main stand? I seem to recall padded seats for the directors in our old main stand but might be imagining that.

Most definitely padded, and quite spacious too I have sat in Mr Petrie's seat when I did the stadium tour.

CentreLine
09-10-2017, 01:44 PM

What you are seeing there is club officials having to suffer the indignity of sitting in regular steats in their Roseburn. They are using it as their main stand while the new thing is erected. Must have come as quite s reality check to experience how their supporters have to sit like sardines packed in just to get a couple of extra people in a row.
They will have their comfy larger seats soon enough when their new stand is complete but oh how the painful memory of that experience will last 😂

Green Man
09-10-2017, 01:48 PM

I didn’t realise Les Dennis was on the board at Hearts.

GreenCastle
09-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Why is the cladding pink and claret and not even close to maroon?

Why are the floodlight pylons pink?

Whey do they have Aberdeen red outside their stadium on some random hideous panels ?

Why did they build a new £14 million stand which encloses the stadium and doesn't allow the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant and still means terrible floodlights with bad shadows.

Why did they forget to order seats?

Why did they release images of a roof top / castle view when there wasn't going to be one ?

When will they replace the off colour seats in the Roseburn stand ? (creditors list is a clue)

How can they afford to build something they don't have money for?

So many questions...:greengrin

Carheenlea
09-10-2017, 03:04 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/23m7abo.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/jb4qcl.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hi2mx0.jpg

BSEJVT
09-10-2017, 03:21 PM

My goodness there isn't a lot of headroom there even for short ***** like me

I don't think I have ever been at the very back of any of our stands but I would like to think that there is something a bit more substantial than the bracing seen on the back wall in that picture?

Maybe not

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Why are the floodlight pylons pink?

Whey do they have Aberdeen red outside their stadium on some random hideous panels ?

Why did they build a new £14 million stand which encloses the stadium and doesn't allow the pitch to be fully UEFA compliant and still means terrible floodlights with bad shadows.

Why did they forget to order seats?

Why did they release images of a roof top / castle view when there wasn't going to be one ?

When will they replace the off colour seats in the Roseburn stand ? (creditors list is a clue)

How can they afford to build something they don't have money for?

So many questions...:greengrin

https://youtu.be/JdEuHLKDstU

Aldo
09-10-2017, 04:25 PM
So there will be a barrier in front of the bottom row. Looks like it's right in line of sight of those seated in this row!

Quality

G B Young
09-10-2017, 04:30 PM

Unbelievably bad. As somebody else has remarked, how much headroom is there at the top?? And how can this possibly be costing so much to build when it smacks of cheap options at every turn?

Kato
09-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Pphhhttt!

Hibby70
09-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Why am I always reminded of Grease when I see these. In fact I think the bleachers looked sturdier as Danny Zucko sings about meeting Sandy.

-Jonesy-
09-10-2017, 04:47 PM
What an enormous sack of s**t!! Tin can deathtrap for the deluded yam horde.

****** em, as if they deserve any better.

Firestarter
09-10-2017, 04:49 PM
What an enormous sack of s**t!! Tin can deathtrap for the deluded yam horde.

****** em, as if they deserve any better.

Now to what you really think? :greengrin

-Jonesy-
09-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Now to what you really think? :greengrin

Well obviously I'm just a jealous hobo seething with anger that our own stadium is so cheap and nasty looking and the biggest football club stadium in the city. PURE RAGING.

Carheenlea
09-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Seen mention of the adhesive tape on the joints - surely can't be permanent?

http://i67.tinypic.com/29zezpt.jpg

GreenCastle
09-10-2017, 05:37 PM

Similar to this stuff ?

http://www.archiproducts.com/en/products/gaia/tape-and-joint-for-waterproofing-pvc-cb_162651

blackpoolhibs
09-10-2017, 06:22 PM
There is a new safety feature being trialed in the new tynecastle superstand, like in an aeroplane if its about to crash or plummet from the sky.

They will be asked to reach under their seat should there be a fire, and instead of a life jacket, there will be a tesco home brand tin opener, to help them cut their way out easily.

Carheenlea
09-10-2017, 06:25 PM
There is a new safety feature being trialed in the new tynecastle superstand, like in an aeroplane if its about to crash or plummet from the sky.

They will be asked to reach under their seat should there be a fire, and instead of a life jacket, there will be a tesco home brand tin opener, to help them cut their way out easily.

Will this be fixed to an attachment of sorts, or will they just use some left over tape?

Firestarter
09-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Well obviously I'm just a jealous hobo seething with anger that our own stadium is so cheap and nasty looking and the biggest football club stadium in the city. PURE RAGING.

That's better. It's hard to wake up in the morning and the pictures posted on here of this magnificent structure is emotionally crippling me. Please make it stop.

Pete
09-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Dear god!

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 06:50 PM

They will be asked to reach under their seat should there be a fire, and instead of a life jacket, there will be a tesco home brand tin opener, to help them cut their way out easily.Gorilla tape?

They're living the American dream. The rest of us just can't see it and waste money on doing the job properly.

ACLeith
09-10-2017, 07:25 PM

I'm intrigued by your pics on.here Were you able to wander on site and take them? Would have thought H&S would stop you? Or at least you would need a hard hat?

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I'm intrigued by your pics on.here Were you able to wander on site and take them? Would have thought H&S would stop you? Or at least you would need a hard hat?You think there's H&S just standing on site making sure the yams are doing everything correctly and no corners are being cut whilst the next wonder of the worlds being constructed on time and on budget? [emoji23]

fat freddy
09-10-2017, 07:53 PM
After seeing the latest photos it is obvious that the hoofball observation gantry wont be ready for the latest revised date.
With this in mind I popped over to JKB to see if the penny had dropped with our pink chums. Unfortunately their site is closed for maintenance, a bit like their stadium. It will be open for business again later tonight

Or tomorrow

Or the day after

Or the day after that

When its ready, they're not sure.

Posters have been advised to post on Murrayfield Kick Back until further notice

Carheenlea
09-10-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm intrigued by your pics on.here Were you able to wander on site and take them? Would have thought H&S would stop you? Or at least you would need a hard hat?

Oh, they're not mines - I just lift them from a couple of pages on Social Media and share them here!

FilipinoHibs
09-10-2017, 08:08 PM

25 days! When is the announcement on the enhanced schedule?

G B Young
09-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Mind boggling. That will be scuffed to pieces after just one match with fans making their way in and out of the rows. Like those strips of tape you see on office floors holding together carpeting that's seen better days.

ACLeith
09-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Oh, they're not mines - I just lift them from a couple of pages on Social Media and share them here!

Disappointed. Here's me thnlinking you were goiing the extra mile to keep us amused 😈

Arch Stanton
09-10-2017, 08:25 PM

And we're supposed to believe these are the best you could find? A stand that will be ready on 5/11 - come on! Digging up old photos still showing months of work to do is a bit of a low trick.

Shame on you.

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
And we're supposed to believe these are the best you could find? A stand that will be ready on 5/11 - come on! Digging up old photos still showing months of work to do is a bit of a low trick.

Shame on you.

Nae offence Crabis, but you are a bit weird :greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Disappointed. Here's me thnlinking you were goiing the extra mile to keep us amused [emoji48]

The stand that keeps on giving will just dish out the laughs as it has been.

The sideshow dished up by the givers is the bonus.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/49af505f5f0a854cde45b42c19f7abde.jpg

SuperAllyMcleod
09-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........sorry, I mean I’m jealous and wish I didn’t feel so bitter about how good their new stand is going to be.

Arch Stanton
09-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Nae offence Crabis, but you are a bit weird :greengrin

Listen up sicko, I'm the normal one here. :greengrin

weecounty hibby
09-10-2017, 09:08 PM
I normally hate it when folk say " admins, close this thread" when they don't like the contents but really we need to close this thread NOW! I mean how long are we to be subjected to this thread making us feel inferior to them. The greatest structure ever to be built, with seats and stuff. Some sticky tape to cover the joins. Glass windows. Monoblocking. Chips. A piazza. FFS I can't take much more of this. Please stop posting those pictures of this outstanding example of modern architecture. We will forever be in the shadow of this structure.

jacomo
09-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Yams have bettered us.

Not just breeze blocks, but breeze blocks and corrugated tin. Plus a tin floor.

We can't compete.

09-10-2017, 09:14 PM
The stand that keeps on giving will just dish out the laughs as it has been.

The sideshow dished up by the givers is the bonus.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/49af505f5f0a854cde45b42c19f7abde.jpg

Jamie "The Owl" Walker denying his head's been turned.

GreenCastle
09-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Just drove past it on way home from an event.

It's worse when you see it up close. Surely they could have done better for the Gorgie area. Even with signage and a few trees added it will be dull and uninspiring for such an open space. Even the badge looks like they messed up the width of the cross as it's too thin.

The only positive is that it makes Tynecastle High School look better.

Didn't see any containers with seats - got a feeling they are still missing a few..wonder when the next delivery will be..

Wonder how much these extra workmen/women who have been drafted in are getting paid to try make sure it's open for the 5th Nov ?! They have been doing weekends also I've heard...

Deansy
09-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Think what doesn't help them is their colour - Maroon - it's such a drab, dull, bland colour/shade ! What bits of their new stand that have been completed might possibly look good but we'll never know because they've covered them in that colour ! Honestly, it's nothing to do with it being their official club-colours it's just 'Maroon' as a colour just does nothing - doesn't excite, inspire, intrigue etc, etc - it's the 'Mr Non-Descript' of all colours !

CentreLine
09-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Judging from the pictures it does not look as if too many of the work force are expected to wear hard hats. And what about that bloke sitting in the seat? Has he been there for several days? They say that 20% of your body heat is lost through the head, do we think he is frozen in position? :agree:

Bostonhibby
09-10-2017, 10:29 PM
25 days! When is the announcement on the enhanced schedule?There will be an announcement but you have to pay to be on the list for the enhanced one.

macca70
09-10-2017, 10:58 PM
What are there options for November?

Share with us
Share with Livi
Play all away games
Play with 3 stands

hibees 7062
09-10-2017, 11:49 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22366500_10210752494471715_2618750832199313138_n.j pg?oh=d1e5f10e6f28f2fb2f2e562cc21da4d5&oe=5A7D71B5

MrSmith
10-10-2017, 12:41 AM
It looks tiny and tinny :pray:

Dashing Bob S
10-10-2017, 12:58 AM

A lot of seats reserved solely for George Foulkes by the looks of things.

10-10-2017, 01:07 AM
Upgraded from a Pink Bus Shelter to a Pink Bus Station.

mutley
10-10-2017, 05:08 AM
I see on JKB there is the “great glass curtain” debate, with a few saying “look, we have a glass curtain” with other saying “not from the original spec due to costs”

It’s really funny as there are a few that’s really wound up about it, and how they have been royally humped by the architect with the differences from the original plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peevemor
10-10-2017, 05:26 AM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22366500_10210752494471715_2618750832199313138_n.j pg?oh=d1e5f10e6f28f2fb2f2e562cc21da4d5&oe=5A7D71B5

Oh My Days

Im anbsolutely unashamed to say that my smile was wide and a tear grew in my eye seeing that aerial shot

What a statement. What an achievement by Oursrlves, all of us, united to the point we wouldn't give it up

There she is. Our new main stand. Absolutely incredible. Look it at it! Look at it !

For the sake of you vermin infiltrators .... does that look like a bus shelter to you ? Away and FO back to yer sewer, tell your kind you aren't wanted here

This forum is for those 'with' the heart to follow deep in the trenches. Our Park is for those who wears its colours with pride and bleed it a colour you can't see.

If those pictures don't raise your heart, your pulse, and the hairs on your neck , maybe you can be forgiven for being " too old " or maybe even unfortunately unwell. For everyone else this is your and our legacy

My fellow jambos. I apologise to those who ire I've raised in conversation on this forum. And now I thank you all. This is what WE have achirved

Beam with pride. Wear your colours. Tell your kids and all before them to pick up the baton and carry it forward

Amazing

Wow!

Hibby70
10-10-2017, 06:25 AM
"tears", "trenches", "bleed","vermin", "legacy"

HOUSE

weecounty hibby
10-10-2017, 06:36 AM
What a ****ing BELLEND. Did he take that straight off of a Lord Kitchener poster when they won the 1st world war. It is a box bolted onto the back of a cheap nasty football stand that wouldn't look out of place at Hamilton or Falkirk.

danhibees1875
10-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Wow!

Those posts are all very OTT. The photo in question is the best one I've seen of it though to be fair, it looks decent enough from that angle. Shame that angle will only be seen by the odd helicopter and football post-hoof.

SirDavidsNapper
10-10-2017, 07:12 AM

HOUSE

Missed out "believe"

jacomo
10-10-2017, 07:17 AM

HOUSE

:thumbsup:

greenpaper55
10-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Oh yes, it still looks like a bus shelter.

Jones28
10-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Wow!

What an absolute ringer 😂😂😂😂

My_Wife_Camille
10-10-2017, 08:13 AM

HOUSE
The most 'Hearts' thing I've ever read haha

Just Alf
10-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Oh yes, it still looks like a bus shelter.To be fair.... It's got a bit of 70's bus station look going on, that must be a step forward for the simple fans?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Firestarter
10-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Just went past on Gorgie Road, it's utter pap for a main stand, our west is a lot bigger! Side note has Gorgie been hit with extreme poverty? It's not had a wash in ten years or so! First time along this way in years, usually come up the roseburn way! Shops closed manky tenements just actual filthy. In their Gorgie slums indeed.

McSwanky
10-10-2017, 08:30 AM
The only positive is that it makes Tynecastle High School look better.

This is exactly where I am with this. Every cloud....

McSwanky
10-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Upgraded from a Pink Bus Shelter to a Pink Bus Station.

To be fair, that's starting to look a lot nicer. :greengrin

McSwanky
10-10-2017, 08:34 AM

HOUSE

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

lord bunberry
10-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Wow!
How come it doesn’t look like this?

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2017, 08:41 AM
How come it doesn’t look like this?

If you squint your eyes, keep squinting and then some more, eventually your eyes will be shut tight and then and only then it looks exactly like those pictures. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
10-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Think what doesn't help them is their colour - Maroon - it's such a drab, dull, bland colour/shade ! What bits of their new stand that have been completed might possibly look good but we'll never know because they've covered them in that colour ! Honestly, it's nothing to do with it being their official club-colours it's just 'Maroon' as a colour just does nothing - doesn't excite, inspire, intrigue etc, etc - it's the 'Mr Non-Descript' of all colours !

Blood (from tripping over the loose gaffer/gorilla/sello tape on match days) doesn't show on maroon seats.

lapsedhibee
10-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Those posts are all very OTT. The photo in question is the best one I've seen of it though to be fair, it looks decent enough from that angle. Shame that angle will only be seen by the odd helicopter and football post-hoof.

Agree it is the best looking picture (since it's the most distant we've seen - still to get the view from space, guaranteed eventually since I'm pretty sure it is bigger than the WoC) but you can still see the hideous red/pink/whatever 'design' at both ends of the Wernham Hogg frontage. So still a :jamboak: from me.

WhileTheChief..
10-10-2017, 09:02 AM
They could easily have built something bigger. The actual stand itself could have come much further back and could also have allowed for them increasing the size of the pitch.

The office part doesn’t need to run the full length, they could have done away with the coloured boxes on the end.

I think they’ll regret this is in a few years time if their crowds hold up.

For the money that they’re paying they could have had something so much better.

Bostonhibby
10-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Wow!No wonder they continually get ripped off.

The gap between what they've paid, their expectations and reality is enormous.

Feel sorry for this type of thinker. Clearly not in touch with reality and sadly ripe for continued exploitation.

green glory
10-10-2017, 09:55 AM

I think considering the now well expressed view it looks like a 1970s comprehensive school it should just be christened...

The Maroon Sausage-dome

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/b95f083b7a61e9b076ca210b6c1fe589.jpg

Keith_M
10-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........sorry, I mean I’m jealous and wish I didn’t feel so bitter about how good their new stand is going to be.

I'd imagine the tape is going to be removed but, some of that looks like it's been done just a bit on the cheap side.

I'm very surprised they've used metal for the steps, and not concrete like almost every other stadium... and the seats are attached to metal bars, instead of to the floor? Why??