PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Iain G
26-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Here's what's really happening.

They're working feverishly at Tynecastle but keeping it all secret ready for a tremendous reveal on 5/11

They'de finished the steel work - all along the front and the section on the LHS of the pics which had to be left til last to allow heavy plant in (rumoured to be a palm tree).

The crane couldn't be used for the last of the decking but two men and a wheelbarrow have acheived wonders and it is now finished, complete with required "Mind the Gap" notices.

They're currently most of the way through glueing the seats in place (the decking didn't come with seat fixings unfortuneately).

They're not going to have steps - instead they wil be offerring fans fitness classes to allow them to take the big giant steps needed to go up.

The police control box is to be left in place but a 50" TV screen will be installed behind it showing Eurosport !.

All this is not ideal, the club admits, but it will be the premier Edinburgh sports stadium for the foreseeable future after all.

How much do you want to bet that Police Scotland get some blame for putting their box in the wrong place and delaying the opening of the stand?

Col2
26-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Queen Ann will be lobbying Barry Anderson from evening news to start drip feeding the bad news to come but with a clear blame on someone else:-

Weather
Police Scotland
Players fitness under Cathro
Brexit
"Plans too innovative for traditional construction methods"
SRU
Hibs
North Korea
Donald Trump
Katy Hopkins

Bostonhibby
26-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Queen Ann will be lobbying Barry Anderson from evening news to start drip feeding the bad news to come but with a clear blame on someone else:-

Weather
Police Scotland
Brexit
SRU
Hibs
North Korea
Donald Trump
Katy HopkinsHasn't all the rain affected the potato harvest?

They can't open the stand without chips, not after their worldwide media splurge about discovering them and unleashing them on an expectant public when the Gorgie giants giant stand finally opens.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Iain G
26-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Hasn't all the rain affected the potato harvest?

They can't open the stand without chips, not after their worldwide media splurge about discovering them and unleashing them on an expectant public when the Gorgie giants giant stand finally opens.

The opening game promotion for the Yam Hoardes:

"One free chip with each 3 bags of chips purchased to put on your other shoulder..."

Bostonhibby
26-09-2017, 08:58 AM
The opening game promotion for the Yam Hoardes:

"One free chip with each 3 bags of chips purchased to put on your other shoulder..."[emoji1]

Harpandcastle
26-09-2017, 09:16 AM
As am I. We'll bring as many fans as them and it'll wipe out home advantage entirely.

Couldn't care less about them making a bit more cash off the back of it - beating them is more important.

I'd agree to play there if the proceeds of tickets sold to Hibs fans above the usual away allocation at Tynecastle goes to Hibernian.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Some of them are saying that we'll keech our pants just at the sight of the place once it's finished. They forget that we're used to completed stadiums.

And bigger stadiums

Keith_M
26-09-2017, 09:36 AM
I think the delay is all part of a fendishly clever master plan to eventually open the new Stand on the 5th of January, just so they can refer to it as the 5/1 Stand.

Honestly, would anybody be surprised?

RoslinInstHibby
26-09-2017, 09:39 AM
I think the delay is all part of a fendishly clever master plan to eventually open the new Stand on the 5th of January, just so they can refer to it as the 5/1 Stand.

dinnae be putting ideas in their heads....

MyJo
26-09-2017, 09:54 AM

Quite appropriate given that they also spent millions and millions of other peoples money achieving 5-1 only for it to be not quite as good as what Hibs acheived by doing it in the right way.

let them have thier 5-1, it's simply a reminder that money can't buy you class.

--------
26-09-2017, 10:37 AM

Weather
Police Scotland
Brexit
SRU
Hibs
North Korea
Donald Trump
Katy Hopkins

You've forgotten the ghost of Deacon Brodie ....

Iain G
26-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Funny if it was delayed until the 6th February then :wink:

Hibbycol
26-09-2017, 10:44 AM
What happens if and hopefully when the hertz are bottom six ,they surely don't get the benefit of all games at home after the split ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fat freddy
26-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Just passed it on my way to the Swindon branch and cant believe how utterly massive it is, there are no words to describe the sheer scale of the erection they have grown

Having visited the likes of Wembley, the Nou Camp, Old Trafford, St James Pk and Stamford Bridge I can now say I have seen the biggest most massive stand in existance. It is Huge in a way that Huge descriptions cant describe.

A mathematical formula may have to be devised to properly measure the unbelievable scale of the project.

Uber Huge x Nae seats ÷ Massive Giant + 50 kiosks × 1 Glass continent × Murrayfield for a season = 5th biggest capacity in tiny country ÷ 4 bags of Maris Piper = 400,000 Massive Tiny Delusional deep fat fryers

Something missing, I may have to work on the formula

Mainstandman
26-09-2017, 11:30 AM
I'd love it if they open the containers with the seats on Thursday and they're not maroon.

Iain G
26-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Just passed it on my way to the Swindon branch and cant believe how utterly massive it is, there are no words to describe the sheer scale of the erection they have grown

Having visited the likes of Wembley, the Nou Camp, Old Trafford, St James Pk and Stamford Bridge I can now say I have seen the biggest most massive stand in existance. It is Huge in a way that Huge descriptions cant describe.

A mathematical formula may have to be devised to properly measure the unbelievable scale of the project.

Uber Huge x Nae seats ÷ Massive Giant + 50 kiosks × 1 Glass continent × Murrayfield for a season = 5th biggest capacity in tiny country ÷ 4 bags of Maris Piper = 400,000 Massive Tiny Delusional deep fat fryers

Your working is mostly correct but you forgot to carry the Nade :agree:

Keith_M
26-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Funny if it was delayed until the 6th February then :wink:

Or the 7th of never.

Skol
26-09-2017, 11:53 AM
A big Lorry load of steel arrived at half seven this morning. Quite possibly for the lower 'tier' or whatever fancy name they give to it.

Maybe they are on track after all.

Craig_HFC
26-09-2017, 11:58 AM

The Swindon lot are little slugs

Springbank
26-09-2017, 12:03 PM
A big Lorry load of steel arrived at half seven this morning. Quite possibly for the lower 'tier' or whatever fancy name they give to it.

Maybe they are on track after all.

Well the plan was to be "Open For Business" on 9 September 2017 - http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5863

So if they're on track after all, this must be the worst episode of Quantum Leap that was ever made...

surreyhibbie
26-09-2017, 12:12 PM
I'd love it if they open the containers with the seats on Thursday and they're not maroon.

oh, please please let them be green....:pray:

matty_f
26-09-2017, 12:15 PM

:faf:

Hibs07p
26-09-2017, 01:15 PM
I'd agree to play there if the proceeds of tickets sold to Hibs fans above the usual away allocation at Tynecastle goes to Hibernian.

Spot on.

GGTTH

Hibee87
26-09-2017, 01:21 PM

:thumbsup::top marks

hibees 7062
26-09-2017, 01:44 PM

:agree: Green

Wheat Hound
26-09-2017, 01:48 PM

😅😅😅

Peevemor
26-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Bottom steelwork going in and being built around the police box. :doh:

I don't care how complicated the equipment is in there, they've had since July to shift it and the fact they haven't can only be down to cost issues.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/bac6708e630a38c23570cad4e00b9e9d.jpg

surreyhibbie
26-09-2017, 01:57 PM

I don't care how complicated the equipment is in there, they've had since July to shift it and the fact they haven't can only be down to cost issues.

yup. it wouldn't be a small job, and it would cost s few quid, that's for sure. :agree:

Peevemor
26-09-2017, 02:05 PM
yup. it wouldn't be a small job, and it would cost s few quid, that's for sure. :agree:

It'll be more expensive to do later and rebuild that bit of the stand.

CapitalGreen
26-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Is their tunnel going to off centre/not centrally aligned with their exits? Would look a bit Kilmarnock/Motherwell to me.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/e00e09fba215dc8590d8e54c1b81c476.jpg

GreenCastle
26-09-2017, 02:14 PM

Small team planning..

Supposedly it holds all the key CCTV etc to the stadium - can't see them changing it till at least May 2018 when season is over.

Definitely not getting anywhere close to 20,000 any time soon.

Mr_F
26-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Is their tunnel going to off centre/not centrally aligned with their exits? Would look a bit Kilmarnock/Motherwell to me.

Yeah the tunnel is meant to be squint, the whole thing is an utter shambles and an eyesore, it's amazing :greengrin

R'Albin
26-09-2017, 02:22 PM

greenpaper55
26-09-2017, 02:26 PM
All going well by the looks of it ! November is only five weeks away, oh ma sides, If that police box is not moved there will be a few hundred Jambos who will miss us scoring at that end :greengrin

MyJo
26-09-2017, 02:27 PM

Part of the problem will also be that there is nowhere within the stadium that an alternative control room could be set up that allows a clear view of the pitch and stands because they have gone with the single tier design.

The police box, or TURDIS as i have just decided to christen it is here to stay...restricted views and all :hilarious

MyJo
26-09-2017, 02:32 PM

To anyone that has not noticed this yet and had thier Easter Road experience ruined from here on in i apologise but i noticed for the first time at the motherwell game that our tunnel does not line up with the halfway line and is instead left of centre.

Sitting right at the back of the east in the middle of the stand i now cannot help but notice this now and be irritated by it..............

greenpaper55
26-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Part of the problem will also be that there is nowhere within the stadium that an alternative control room could be set up that allows a clear view of the pitch and stands because they have gone with the single tier design.

The police box, or TURDIS as i have just decided to christen it is here to stay...restricted views and all :hilarious

Maybe they are keeping the Turdis for the moment as they will only open part of the stand to begin with, looking down the "tunnel" or is it a bit they have made an erse of it looks like there is zero been done there, lucky if it's ready this year.

Aldo
26-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Bottom steelwork going in and being built around the police box. :doh: I don't care how complicated the equipment is in there, they've had since July to shift it and the fact they haven't can only be down to cost issues.

It will not be moving... Details I sent to you P!

Also I looks like quite a few rows with no or restricted view ... I counted 20 from behind Control room and not including those lost with the building actually being there.

Not a chance of the capacity being 20,099. Will be lucky if it breaches 20k

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2017, 02:55 PM

What strikes me with this picture is there isn't any stairs, in the other pictures there is clear stairs at the exits?? Another **** up??

Edit: Therye going to be awfy long rows!! An attempt to cram as many seats in as possible?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-09-2017, 03:02 PM
The Meccano Maracana

greenginger
26-09-2017, 03:04 PM
What strikes me with this picture is there isn't any stairs, in the other pictures there is clear stairs at the exits?? Another **** up??

Edit: Therye going to be awfy long rows!! An attempt to cram as many seats in as possible?

I think they will fit steps to form gangways later on.

Kato
26-09-2017, 03:11 PM
I think they will fit steps to form gangways later on.

"CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, {slip], {stumble} {ooops}"

therealgavmac
26-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Brilliant! :aok:

hibby6270
26-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Your working is mostly correct but you forgot to carry the Nade :agree:

Mathematics has yet to accept the term 'carry the Nade' because it's been found to be a physical impossibilityto include in a calculation.

Not even Atlas or a huge new Tynie truss could shoulder carrying the Nade. :greengrin:greengrin

Hibee87
26-09-2017, 03:26 PM

Think it is just the picture mate. If you look at the other pic with the police box you can see the steps in that one :aok:

Jack
26-09-2017, 03:39 PM
From all the photos I've seen I reckon there's more workies on the new Lidl site on Easter Road than there is at Tincastle.

Arch Stanton
26-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Think it is just the picture mate. If you look at the other pic with the police box you can see the steps in that one :aok:

One set of stairs, Mr 87.

And one set of stairs does not a stand make, does it?

Famous Fiver
26-09-2017, 03:47 PM
I remember an incident where some rotund chap slipped and fell down some stairs recently at Tynecastle.

When he came round they asked him ' Did you miss a step?' He indignantly relied 'No, I hit every one of them!'

Now managing a team up north somewhere I think.

HFCdeb
26-09-2017, 03:52 PM
I remember an incident where some rotund chap slipped and fell down some stairs recently at Tynecastle.

When he came round they asked him ' Did you miss a step?' He indignantly relied 'No, I hit every one of them!'

Now managing a team up north somewhere I think.

He dived.

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Exactly, how is there not any at that section? Think about it.

Kato
26-09-2017, 04:24 PM

I don't think that's steps, it's just the join line created by the crappy, wafer-thin surface material where one piece of crappy, wafer-thin surface material butts up against the next section of crappy, wafer-thin surface material. With steps there would be a difference in height within the sections of crappy, wafer-thin surface material, there isn't.

Sergey
26-09-2017, 04:40 PM
"CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, {slip], {stumble} {ooops}"

:top marks

That did make me smile.

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2017, 05:00 PM
I don't think that's steps, it's just the join line created by the crappy, wafer-thin surface material where one piece of crappy, wafer-thin surface material butts up against the next section of crappy, wafer-thin surface material. With steps there would be a difference in height within the sections of crappy, wafer-thin surface material, there isn't.

Maybe it's different blocks that get put on top to make stairs??

MyJo
26-09-2017, 05:07 PM

Maybe they have decided to install escalators for the stand as well as inside the big pink contact centre.

Would certainly go someway to explaining how they have spent £16m on the thing :faf:

Hibee87
26-09-2017, 05:12 PM
The pic peevmore put up had steps at the polic box and also to the left and behind if the second tunnel entrance.....why there doesnt appear to be any anywhere else on the pic however whicj does seem strange but i assume there will be

Hibs4185
26-09-2017, 05:23 PM
http://www.urbanrealm.com/carbuncles/2015/nominations/6/The_Zit_Building_Award.html

just had a wee look on kickback and they are raging about the review on this website. The author is merely telling the truth about the PBS haha

Mr White
26-09-2017, 05:29 PM
http://www.urbanrealm.com/carbuncles/2015/nominations/6/The_Zit_Building_Award.html

just had a wee look on kickback and they are raging about the review on this website. The author is merely telling the truth about the PBS haha

:top marks

Good work to whoever posted that :greengrin

Kato
26-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Could be. I'd use the term "layer" though, "block" infers something substantial.

WhileTheChief..
26-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Small team planning..

Supposedly it holds all the key CCTV etc to the stadium - can't see them changing it till at least May 2018 when season is over.

You mean February right?

That's usually when their season ends :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2017, 06:13 PM

His last sentence made me hurt my sides laughing ..... if the guy isn't a Hibby on the wind up they are in serious trouble :faf:

Jones28
26-09-2017, 06:16 PM
To anyone that has not noticed this yet and had thier Easter Road experience ruined from here on in i apologise but i noticed for the first time at the motherwell game that our tunnel does not line up with the halfway line and is instead left of centre.

Sitting right at the back of the east in the middle of the stand i now cannot help but notice this now and be irritated by it..............

It was because when they built the new east the pitch changed slightly, not because the west was built off centre...

...maybe

G B Young
26-09-2017, 06:28 PM
It was because when they built the new east the pitch changed slightly, not because the west was built off centre...

...maybe

That's true.

It's easy to forget that our main stand isn't far off 20 years old. Just underlines how hapless and tardy Hearts have been in finally replacing theirs.

Skol
26-09-2017, 06:55 PM
I have just realised that this glass curtain (80s office block) is actually a masterstroke.

Just walk round the back of the existing 3 stands and see the tin can nature of the corrugated iron type covering - the glass curtain hides the hideous thing thats there.

And these guys slate our breeze blocks !

WhileTheChief..
26-09-2017, 07:07 PM
The entire inside of their new stand is made with breeze block yet they slag off Easter Rd for the same thing?!

They also compare their new stand to the away end at ER when their 3 older stands don't even have proper interiors.

20 years it's taken them to get round to building it yet they go on as if they're some sort of pioneers.

It's going to be a dark miserable place when finished.

greenlex
26-09-2017, 07:13 PM
They've forgot to order the steps. There will be a further 8 week delay whilst they are sourced and shipped in.

haagsehibby
26-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Mathematics has yet to accept the term 'carry the Nade' because it's been found to be a physical impossibilityto include in a calculation.

Not even Atlas or a huge new Tynie truss could shoulder carrying the Nade. :greengrin:greengrin

I thought the Nade was the square root of minus one divided by two cubed !😉

Joe6-2
26-09-2017, 07:39 PM
The entire inside of their new stand is made with breeze block yet they slag off Easter Rd for the same thing?!

They also compare their new stand to the away end at ER when their 3 older stands don't even have proper interiors.

20 years it's taken them to get round to building it yet they go on as if they're some sort of pioneers.

It's going to be a dark miserable place when finished.

It was anyway!

Joe6-2
26-09-2017, 07:42 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

Joe6-2
26-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Green

Peevemor
26-09-2017, 10:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/044cd464d3fb8fbbb054e9fddbd087ec.jpg

Arch Stanton
26-09-2017, 10:56 PM

Looks like a snow wall on the right. Sure these aren't the steps down to Santa's grotto?

jacomo
26-09-2017, 11:25 PM

This is brilliant.

Aldo
27-09-2017, 04:49 AM

Is this all they are putting down to stop folk slipping on that metal monstrosity??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 06:02 AM
I think the lower part that they're currently building is to have concrete steps. They're obviously hoping that the upper part, being more sheltered, won't get slippy. The contrasting nosing on the steps is a requirement to help people with visual impairments.

The Spaceman
27-09-2017, 06:35 AM
Cheap and nasty.

surreyhibbie
27-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Cheap and nasty.

so is the stand...

greenpaper55
27-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Is this all they are putting down to stop folk slipping on that metal monstrosity??

It's going to sound like the school fire escape, imagine being underneath that lot eating your canapés and gazing at the castle view !

Keith_M
27-09-2017, 08:07 AM

Why is there a climbing wall on the right?

:confused:

MyJo
27-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Why is there a climbing wall on the right?

:confused:

Thats to escape the deathtrap of a stand when it falls to pieces.

Captain Trips
27-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Small team planning..

I had never even thought about Police control rooms etc until this. I may have missed it in all my years going but never thought about it. Where is that done at Easter Road?

Thecat23
27-09-2017, 08:34 AM
I had never even thought about Police control rooms etc until this. I may have missed it in all my years going but never thought about it. Where is that done at Easter Road?

Think ours is in the away stand on the right of it, in one of those rooms you can look out.

Aldo
27-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Think ours is in the away stand on the right of it, in one of those rooms you can look out.

It's far left of the away stand TC.

Captain Trips
27-09-2017, 08:45 AM
That CCTV box should have 100% been incorporated properly into that stand. Moving it later on is a joke. Perhaps another bake sale or a signed Dave Mcpherson comb could help.

Thecat23
27-09-2017, 08:52 AM
It's far left of the away stand TC.

I’m meaning if you are in the control box you are on the far right being near the east stand or is that wrong mate?

green day
27-09-2017, 09:01 AM
I’m meaning if you are in the control box you are on the far right being near the east stand or is that wrong mate?

You are correct

jacomo
27-09-2017, 09:12 AM
You are correct

This is also vehicle access onto the ER pitch I think.

SirDavidsNapper
27-09-2017, 09:22 AM

Basically saying what everyone other than Hearts fans are saying

Aldo
27-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Nope that's right mate. I was looking at it pitch side

jacomo
27-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Basically saying what everyone other than Hearts fans are saying

Objectively speaking, Budge has really messed this up hasn't she?

Over budget, wee, compromised and ugly. What a legacy.

I'd say it's running late too, but the original timescale always felt unrealistic anyhow.

Moulin Yarns
27-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Nope that's right mate. I was looking at it pitch side

It is behind section 26 in the South Stand to avoid confusion :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
27-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Objectively speaking, Budge has really messed this up hasn't she?

Over budget, wee, compromised and ugly. What a legacy.

I'd say it's running late too, but the original timescale always felt unrealistic anyhow.

I'd say! They had a real opportunity to build something quite impressive. Instead they've mate a complete James Blunt of building something that already looks 40 years old, is way way over budget and completes very poor stadium. Something has gone seriously wrong at that club. I'm just thankfull I'm a Hibs man.

Aldo
27-09-2017, 10:27 AM
I'd say! They had a real opportunity to build something quite impressive. Instead they've mate a complete James Blunt of building something that already looks 40 years old, is way way over budget and completes very poor stadium. Something has gone seriously wrong at that club. I'm just thankfull I'm a Hibs man.

Problem is the average 'Head in the Sand' yam can't see this. They think they are the front runners in this new "Main Stand" concept.

Your are indeed correct that they had the opportunity to build something very nice indeed and I really do think the lack of funding is the main issue here.

Budge and CO's hand has been called by the authorities in relation to Fire, safety certificates and they have been forced to build it.

Lack of money is evident from the recent updates with the Control Room not being re-sited, the pylon is also in the way but the best thing of all is the poor materials and design.

All very pleasing and it's a GIRFUY to the yams. Laughing stock imho

IWasThere2016
27-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Budgie's got to be a Hibby.. she is on her way to Vlad-like cult status among us!

What a calamity .. what a woman! :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
27-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Its nice to see them recycling the old st james centre

NAE NOOKIE
27-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Problem is the average 'Head in the Sand' yam can't see this. They think they are the front runners in this new "Main Stand" concept.

Your are indeed correct that they had the opportunity to build something very nice indeed and I really do think the lack of funding is the main issue here.

Budge and CO's hand has been called by the authorities in relation to Fire, safety certificates and they have been forced to build it.

Lack of money is evident from the recent updates with the Control Room not being re-sited, the pylon is also in the way but the best thing of all is the poor materials and design.

If you ask me the biggest mistake the Yams made was back in the day when, Robinson I think it was, decided for whatever reason to go for the truss held up by pylons design for the 3 new stands rather than the cantilever design favoured by Hibs and most other clubs. This has probably for the foreseeable future kicked into touch any prospect the Yams might have had of increasing capacity by filling in the corners.

It also seems to me that this restriction in design is the reason why the Yams new stand is going to end up about 3,000 seats short of what it should have been ..... because the stand roof has to be held up by the existing corner pylons they have had to build out the way instead of up the way ... what they should have had was a two tier stand about a third again as high as the Wheatfield, but the corner pylons I presume were only designed to take the weight of a truss similar to the Wheatfield and any attempt to heighten them would have compromised their structural integrity, insomuch as their foundations wouldn't have been substantial enough to cope with the increased load.

If you chuck in the strange curved design at the back of the stands, from the air what the place is going to end up looking like is a council office building with three sheds attached where the salt for the roads is stored.
From the inside its going to be about as bland as its possible to get when it comes to your average medium sized football stadium .... With the possible exception of the Macron at Bolton where the floodlights were clearly deliberately designed to be a feature what other club would completely rebuild its stadium and still end up with corner floodlights and not forgetting a pitch you can barely play Subbuteo on and corporate facilities that don't face it?

Its taken them 20 odd years and about 35 million quid to get their stadium to a stage where your average club owner would walk out into the middle of the pitch one day look around him and think .... 'FFS we need to rebuild this dump :faf:

Springbank
27-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Thankfully the Yams don't have an average club owner

They have 400,000 decidedly average club owners (in waiting), just waiting and waiting on Ann Budge to hand over those shares (current ETA the year 2025)

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 11:47 AM
If you ask me the biggest mistake the Yams made was back in the day when, Robinson I think it was, decided for whatever reason to go for the truss held up by pylons design for the 3 new stands rather than the cantilever design favoured by Hibs and most other clubs. This has probably for the foreseeable future kicked into touch any prospect the Yams might have had of increasing capacity by filling in the corners.

It also seems to me that this restriction in design is the reason why the Yams new stand is going to end up about 3,000 seats short of what it should have been ..... because the stand roof has to be held up by the existing corner pylons they have had to build out the way instead of up the way ... what they should have had was a two tier stand about a third again as high as the Wheatfield, but the corner pylons I presume were only designed to take the weight of a truss similar to the Wheatfield and any attempt to heighten them would have compromised their structural integrity, insomuch as their foundations wouldn't have been substantial enough to cope with the increased load.

If you chuck in the strange curved design at the back of the stands, from the air what the place is going to end up looking like is a council office building with three sheds attached where the salt for the roads is stored.
From the inside its going to be about as bland as its possible to get when it comes to your average medium sized football stadium .... With the possible exception of the Macron at Bolton where the floodlights were clearly deliberately designed to be a feature what other club would completely rebuild its stadium and still end up with corner floodlights and not forgetting a pitch you can barely play Subbuteo on and corporate facilities that don't face it?

Its taken them 20 odd years and about 35 million quid to get their stadium to a stage where your average club owner would walk out into the middle of the pitch one day look around him and think .... 'FFS we need to rebuild this dump :faf:

My (sort of educated) guess is that lack of space influenced the design. Most cantilevered stands have structure/steelwork that sticks out behind the stands. If Hearts had done this either the structure would have been overhanging neighbouring property which isn't permitted (although part of Celtic Park overhangs a cemetery IIRC) or they would have been required to reduce the depth of each stand by a few metres, costing them hundreds (into the thousands?) of seats.

The stands at Ibrox aren't cantilevered which also restricted them when fillling in the corners.

You can see here their main beams/trusses which are supported by structure that they couldn't move.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/wp-content/gallery/ibroxpast/ibroxpast6.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Ibrox.jpg

Geo_1875
27-09-2017, 11:53 AM

The reason Robinson went for the cheap option for the 3 "new" stands was he knew the stadium wasn't fit for purpose and expected to move within their lifetime. The meccano nature of the Roseburn, wheatfield and Gorgie erections meant the would have had a resale/reuse value if they had bit the bullet and moved.

IWasThere2016
27-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Its nice to see them recycling the old st james centre

:thumbsup:

Iain G
27-09-2017, 11:56 AM

The bigger mistake they made under Robinson was to stay at Tynecastle, a heavily constrained site that would always make any redevelopment a compromised solution. They are doing their best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, their own fault as they all jumped up and down about actually moving to Midlothian when the Pie Man suggested it, so they stay put and end up with a big set of cheap and nasty tin sheds.

Thecat23
27-09-2017, 11:57 AM
The reason Robinson went for the cheap option for the 3 "new" stands was he knew the stadium wasn't fit for purpose and expected to move within their lifetime. The meccano nature of the Roseburn, wheatfield and Gorgie erections meant the would have had a resale/reuse value if they had bit the bullet and moved.

This.

He thought he could whack up cheap stands until they got a new ground and now it’s all went tits up. The new main stand is very poor the other 3 are tin huts that badly need done up. What he should have done was flattened the ground and built it again from scratch.

Carheenlea
27-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Today on site - 39 days till grand opening.

http://i63.tinypic.com/281g35u.jpg

truehibernian
27-09-2017, 12:07 PM
This.

He thought he could whack up cheap stands until they got a new ground and now it’s all went tits up. The new main stand is very poor the other 3 are tin huts that badly need done up. What he should have done was flattened the ground and built it again from scratch.

Even without the green tinted spectacles TC it's fair to say that friends of mine who support all teams, including some Hearts fans, think the new stand is horrendous. I simply can't believe how bad it is given the investment in it - it's simply awful.

A few Hearts mates were chatting to me and none of them could really say it was what they expected - indeed one got worked up about the mosaic tiling badge that they are working on claiming it was a 'thing of beauty' :faf::faf::faf: even his mates laughed him down.

At the end of the day it's banter, and it's what takes place on the bit of green in the middle, but it's a truly horrendous bit of architecture from a stadia point of view. Just astonishing that the many many Hearts fans are trying to hide behind the reality by loving things like modern lifts, urinals, badges made of bricks, and chips :greengrin

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 12:09 PM
They could, in theory, have retained the Wheatfield and Gorgie Rd. stands (including the 3 pylons necessary to hold up the roofs) and rebuilt the Roseburn (albeit smaller) and main stands further away from the pitch to comply with UEFA/FIFA guidelines. They probably could have done 2, 2-tiered stands with appropriate suites, etc. underneath for the same price (or not much more) as the current 4th bus shelter with attached office block.

HoboHarry
27-09-2017, 12:40 PM
This.

Are the other 3 scheduled for improvements or is the work on the main stand all they are going to do?

silverhibee
27-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Tinted jobbie coloured windows, f***ing disgusting.

Jack Hackett
27-09-2017, 12:57 PM

One of the yams recurring problems, is that they only bite the bullet when they are being shafted

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Are the other 3 scheduled for improvements or is the work on the main stand all they are going to do?

They've replaced some seats.

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 01:02 PM

If the lower step sections are to be concrete (as they're saying on curvedback), I don't understand why thet're not being installed section by section at the same time as the steelwork.

Geo_1875
27-09-2017, 01:10 PM
If the lower step sections are to be concrete (as they're saying on curvedback), I don't understand why thet're not being installed section by section at the same time as the steelwork.

They'll be counting on that as a built in excuse for further delays.

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 01:11 PM
It should be remembered that they didn't have to use the existing corner pylons for the new stand , nor did they have to do a single tier thing. They could have gone for an independant double tiered stand with a greater capacity and plenty of accommodation below (including a police control room and executive boxes facing the pitch).

I reckon Jim Clydesdale, their former board member architect, dug his heels in and insisted on "closing" the stadium with the 4th girder truss and associated bus shelter but, IMO, they've made a poor choice.

Kato
27-09-2017, 01:25 PM
a council office building with three sheds attached

Pink Bus Station.

Don't think it's as much as that, mate. The other 3 stands only cost them £6M all in iirc, you get what you pay for.

Arch Stanton
27-09-2017, 01:36 PM

It's how I would have done it - maybe they haven't bought/paid for the last of the decking - there's still a big wedge of decking missing just to the left of the latest photo.

I reckon they're going to have to ruin that side of the pitch - maybe just use astroturf from B&Q which won't cost a lot. They will end up with a pitch that is 80% natural and %20 man-made - it'll just be in two separate strips.

Thecat23
27-09-2017, 01:46 PM

No idea but there is no chance in hell they could afford to do the other three stands up.

Thecat23
27-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Even without the green tinted spectacles TC it's fair to say that friends of mine who support all teams, including some Hearts fans, think the new stand is horrendous. I simply can't believe how bad it is given the investment in it - it's simply awful.

A few Hearts mates were chatting to me and none of them could really say it was what they expected - indeed one got worked up about the mosaic tiling badge that they are working on claiming it was a 'thing of beauty' :faf::faf::faf: even his mates laughed him down.

At the end of the day it's banter, and it's what takes place on the bit of green in the middle, but it's a truly horrendous bit of architecture from a stadia point of view. Just astonishing that the many many Hearts fans are trying to hide behind the reality by loving things like modern lifts, urinals, badges made of bricks, and chips :greengrin

Just makes me laugh how anyone at all including their fans could think it’s a nice stand 😂 Calling other fans jealous is actually laughable. The whole ground is a **** hole. When packed out the atmosphere is very good not denying that (well only when they are winning) but the ground is just crap.

seanshow
27-09-2017, 01:50 PM

So the first Original Grand opening was Sat 9th September and the next Grand opening day is 5th November...Who would like to take a guess when this office/school will be open for business.

Keith_M
27-09-2017, 02:15 PM
So the first Original Grand opening was Sat 9th September and the next Grand opening day is 5th November...Who would like to take a guess when this office/school will be open for business.

August 2018.

KerPlunk
27-09-2017, 02:16 PM
It should be remembered that they didn't have to use the existing corner pylons for the new stand , nor did they have to do a single tier thing. They could have gone for an independant double tiered stand with a greater capacity and plenty of accommodation below (including a police control room and executive boxes facing the pitch).

I reckon Jim Clydesdale, their former board member architect, dug his heels in and insisted on "closing" the stadium with the 4th girder truss and associated bus shelter but, IMO, they've made a poor choice.

Clydesdale is not an architect nor trained designer. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Building.

Moulin Yarns
27-09-2017, 02:30 PM

I was going to post exactly the same, thanks.

Peevemor
27-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Clydesdale is not an architect nor trained designer. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Building.
Aha! You learn something new every day.

Cardinal Hibernian
27-09-2017, 02:34 PM
They've replaced some seats.And that has probably blown their budget of repainting the staircases.

Seem to remember they made a huge press announcement about ahem 'stadium improvements' when they slapped down some yellow paint. This provided a timely smokescreen to some rather full suitcases heading on a direct flight to Lithuania.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
27-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Aha! You learn something new every day.

... Unless you're a yam... Same s***, different day

Aldo
27-09-2017, 02:54 PM
I was told to re-arrange the following earlier

Jealous nothing peg but a hobo selling 1-5

In reference to me mentioning and showing a yam the Police Control Room and restricted view seats. They are still adamant it will be moved [emoji23]

greenginger
27-09-2017, 03:00 PM

James Clydesdale and Associates is not listed as a company or an LLP at Companies House.

Does he have a company name registered or just trade as a sole individual ?

Bostonhibby
27-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Clydesdale is not an architect nor trained designer. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Building.Architects generally charge for their work. Why would a real one want to associate themselves with this low grade overdue and over budget dogs dinner?

Bostonhibby
27-09-2017, 03:09 PM
James Clydesdale and Associates is not listed as a company or an LLP at Companies House.

Does he have a company name registered or just trade as a sole individual ?Guy in a pub with a ruler and some pencils?

Deansy
27-09-2017, 03:11 PM

I honestly don't understand all this fuss about the Jambos getting a stand that they more than deserve - it's a perfect reflection of their status and standing, both in football and life in general .................................

KerPlunk
27-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Does he have a company name registered or just trade as a sole individual ?

Couldn't say for sure but he works out of his home.
jamesclydesdale.com I think.

greenginger
27-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Couldn't say for sure but he works out of his home.
jamesclydesdale.com I think.

http://www.jamesclydesdale.com/

His website claims his practice was established in 1974 and they have completed over 1000 projects yet I can't see any reference to a company name or vat registration number. :confused:

Brummie_Hibs
27-09-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm hearing that Hearts will be targeting Edinburgh's blind community with discount season tickets for the restricted view seats located behind the Police Control Room.

The plan would be to supply the fans with Bluetooth headsets which would receive broadcasts of live commentary of their games via Hearts equivalent of Hibs TV radio coverage.

If this is successful, then the aim would be to fill the Castle View Suite on match days with a couple of thousand other blind fans with headsets, thus increasing the capacity on match days.

I understand that at half time, the fans in the suite can switch the headset to channel #2 where they will be given a history of the Castle and its surrounding landmarks.

Sergey
27-09-2017, 03:50 PM
http://www.jamesclydesdale.com/

His website claims his practice was established in 1974 and they have completed over 1000 projects yet I can't see any reference to a company name or vat registration number. :confused:

It's a non-limited business according to:

https://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/961789/JAMES-CLYDESDALE--ASSOCIATES/summary

jacomo
27-09-2017, 04:28 PM

:agree:

Horrendous decision.

Or they just accept they are forever a mediocre club and abandon all thoughts of ever reaching for the stars.

SirDavidsNapper
27-09-2017, 04:39 PM
I don't understand how you can build a carbon copy stand over 20 years after the original 3 were thrown up. Surely stand design and architecture have moved on?

greenginger
27-09-2017, 05:43 PM
It's a non-limited business according to:

https://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/961789/JAMES-CLYDESDALE--ASSOCIATES/summary

Thanks Sergey, no sign of company number 961789 at Companies House.

fat freddy
27-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Seats arrive tomorrow. This is where it gets really funny.

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Wrong colour? Wrong size? Give us a clue!

Joe6-2
27-09-2017, 06:28 PM

That can't be correct, shouldn't windows look in the opposite direction? 😉

Joe6-2
27-09-2017, 06:33 PM
They've replaced some seats.

Where did they manage to get them from?

Aldo
27-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Seats arrive tomorrow. This is where it gets really funny.

We wait with baited breath..... what could go wrong??

jgl07
27-09-2017, 11:28 PM
The bigger mistake they made under Robinson was to stay at Tynecastle, a heavily constrained site that would always make any redevelopment a compromised solution. They are doing their best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, their own fault as they all jumped up and down about actually moving to Midlothian when the Pie Man suggested it, so they stay put and end up with a big set of cheap and nasty tin sheds.
The Pie Man had very little to do with the 'development' of Tynecastle. The construction of the Wheatfield Stand was started under Wallace Mercer. Robinson eventually sold the whole place to Cala before Vlad took over and cancelled the sale. Robinson had described Tynecastle as 'not fit for purpose'. He got that right,

Mercer wanted to move to Millerhill on land owned by David Murray (the plot thickens) but this was delayed by planning problems, rather like Hibs proposed move to Straiton. Mercer then secured the steel (probably from David Murray) to build the Wheatfield leaving little option for his successors rebuild the Gorgie Road and School End

cabbageandribs1875
28-09-2017, 01:41 AM

that looks like the crappy main stand that Hamilton accies have

imo

Baw187
28-09-2017, 01:49 AM
It’s a state of a stand!

On a vastly different note, I’m currently at the Yankees stadium and that is some place. Nae Leith SAN Siro though.

Fife-Hibee
28-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Have the seats arrived yet ?

GlesgaeHibby
28-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Have the seats arrived yet ?

Now arriving on Tuesday according to Brokeback.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2017, 06:33 AM

:agree: new design being used, they say that it means they'll get more per row thus increasing capacity

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfHZ1lNJ6dY3TrS-IUnEfh1APcZGoQWYVspl6dfz8ha2hg1rsxIQ

Albanian Hibs
28-09-2017, 06:34 AM

😂😂😂

iwasthere1972
28-09-2017, 06:38 AM

Cash on delivery?

greenginger
28-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Cash on delivery?

Or or who pays the import tax and duty. :greengrin

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2017/03/29/calculating-taxes-and-duties-for-import-to-china.html

ajf
28-09-2017, 08:07 AM
So if you get caught in a shower going to the game there's a changing room where you can put on your dry hearts shell suit and gutties otherwise the metal staircases' are gonna become a mite slippy

Www1875hfc
28-09-2017, 08:10 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/d881f873dbd21884794a97aaeaa72cad.jpg

Www1875hfc
28-09-2017, 08:12 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/c137ad18b7e87645fb08a7c33e638b34.jpg

Geo_1875
28-09-2017, 08:13 AM

That looks like they're days away from being finished.

Aldo
28-09-2017, 09:23 AM
That looks like they're days away from being finished.

Indeed. Just waiting for the seats!!

Captain Trips
28-09-2017, 09:27 AM
"Delivery for a Mrs Budge"

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-old-chairs-on-a-pile-under-natural-lights-wooden-seats-578265679.jpg

Billy Whizz
28-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Impressive they have an escalator

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Thanks Sergey, no sign of company number 961789 at Companies House.

I have no idea what that number refers to. If the company were Scottish, it would have an SC in front of the number.

James Clydesdale only has 1 directorship registered at CH, the Scottish Football Partnership. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC224665

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Impressive they have an escalator

They had to ..... Jambos cannae go normal stairs :greengrin

jimbob07
28-09-2017, 10:59 AM
The Pie Man had very little to do with the 'development' of Tynecastle. The construction of the Wheatfield Stand was started under Wallace Mercer. Robinson eventually sold the whole place to Cala before Vlad took over and cancelled the sale. Robinson had described Tynecastle as 'not fit for purpose'. He got that right,

Mercer wanted to move to Millerhill on land owned by David Murray (the plot thickens) but this was delayed by planning problems, rather like Hibs proposed move to Straiton. Mercer then secured the steel (probably from David Murray) to build the Wheatfield leaving little option for his successors rebuild the Gorgie Road and School End

Wrong it was owned by Jack Stewart a farmer & was to be developed by my late father Jim Glass A Hibby all his life.He was an edinburgh man & believed Hibs & Hearts would thrive by sharing a 30,000 stadium. The great Waldo made a hash of things at the early planning stage so did not go ahead.

Iain G
28-09-2017, 11:02 AM

That explains the escalation in costs :greengrin

Seriously though, why do they need an escalator other than it is probably cheaper than a lift?!? :confused:

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 11:33 AM
That explains the escalation in costs :greengrin

Seriously though, why do they need an escalator other than it is probably cheaper than a lift?!? :confused:
Escalators move people at a greater rate than a lift - I've honestly no idea if they're much cheaper.

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Lifted the following from the Yams thread about the troubles at Blackpool FC ...... I presume this Yam doesn't do irony given how unimpressed he seems to have been with Bloomfield Road :greengrin

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:09 am Insane.

My ex was from Blackpool and I took her to a game the season they were in the PL and then the season after.

Her uncle worked at the club and showed us the training ground. That article does it justice. You couldn't believe a top flight club was that poorly run.

*****hole, the entire place was.

Stadium was like a bigger almondvale from memory. One tier, although it had boxes at the top.

Springbank
28-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Lifted the following from the Yams thread about the troubles at Blackpool FC ...... I presume this Yam doesn't do irony given how unimpressed he seems to have been with Bloomfield Road :greengrin

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:09 am Insane.

My ex was from Blackpool and I took her to a game the season they were in the PL and then the season after.

Her uncle worked at the club and showed us the training ground. That article does it justice. You couldn't believe a top flight club was that poorly run.

*****hole, the entire place was.

Stadium was like a bigger almondvale from memory. One tier, although it had boxes at the top.

could you see the castle from the boxes?

or the pitch?

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2017, 12:12 PM
could you see the castle from the boxes?

or the pitch?

Don't know mate ...... I think the original plan was to build their corporate suites with sweeping views of the tower, but then some idiot came up with the bizarre idea of having them facing the pitch ... this obviously flies in the face of modern stadium design.

I understand the completion date of Spurs new gaff has been delayed after one fan drew their attention to what's happening in Gorgie, the corporate facilities are now being redesigned and moved onto the roof in an attempt to get a view of the London eye :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2017, 12:25 PM
So if you get caught in a shower going to the game there's a changing room where you can put on your dry hearts shell suit and gutties otherwise the metal staircases' are gonna become a mite slippy

Magnetic galoshes...

McSwanky
28-09-2017, 12:36 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170921/1b81590416948ead9f80c3f42a1664de.jpg

Courtesy of the Edinburgh Reporter.

I only saw this post yesterday and purposely diverted my journey into work today to check that it wasn't a p*** take. I assume some sort of cladding/frontage is to be added? If not, that is quite possibly the most awful piece of design I've ever seen.

Seriously, Google "ugly office block" - the similarities are uncanny!

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Magnetic galoshes...

They sound attractive.

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 12:41 PM

The front/lower part of the stand, which is the most exposes, will apparently have concrete steps, but iven Edinburgh's prevailing westerly wind I wouldn't be surprised if the rain manages to make it as far as the metal sections.

Geo_1875
28-09-2017, 12:48 PM
So have the seats arrived yet?

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2017, 12:48 PM
that looks like the crappy main stand that Hamilton accies have

imoUncanny. At least Hamilton have hospitality that faces pitchhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/8665a875adf296af23ef8f159624039b.jpg

Tornadoes70
28-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Uncanny. At least Hamilton have hospitality that faces pitchhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/8665a875adf296af23ef8f159624039b.jpg

The Yams won't have a main stand as such. Its just a stand with a shocking looking eyesore office block attached to the back of it.

Its ridiculous for the money they've spent.

:flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2017, 01:02 PM
The front/lower part of the stand, which is the most exposes, will apparently have concrete steps, but iven Edinburgh's prevailing westerly wind I wouldn't be surprised if the rain manages to make it as far as the metal sections.

They just need to attend suitably attired...

Right Doll, that's me away tae the game. You want me to get a chippy on the way back?"

Edinburgh Green
28-09-2017, 01:06 PM
So have the seats arrived yet?

Apparently they won't be on site till 27th October!

Pete
28-09-2017, 01:24 PM

I recognise them from the food court at the St James centre.

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Magnetic galoshes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs

where'stheslope
28-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Wrong it was owned by Jack Stewart a farmer & was to be developed by my late father Jim Glass A Hibby all his life.He was an edinburgh man & believed Hibs & Hearts would thrive by sharing a 30,000 stadium. The great Waldo made a hash of things at the early planning stage so did not go ahead.

Throughout my life I've always wondered what it would be like to share a stadium, if it had been done pre Mercer days it may have been the best thing for both Clubs.

But after Mercer, the venom between both sets of fans it would never work!

Then of course we tried to put a spanner in their works with Administration, and now it is totally out of the question, which is a shame as Scottish Football needs a 30,000 plus Football Stadium on the East of the country.

AngloHibs
28-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Uncanny. At least Hamilton have hospitality that faces pitchhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/8665a875adf296af23ef8f159624039b.jpg

I might have this wrong, but I thought the law says that booze isn't allowed in sight of the pitch during play? If so, might as well have a view of the London Eye or whatever.

Kato
28-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Then of course we tried to put a spanner in their works with Administration

Must have missed that, Bud. How did we try that?

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Must have missed that, Bud. How did we try that?

The same day we relegated Rangers. :greengrin

Pete
28-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Throughout my life I've always wondered what it would be like to share a stadium, if it had been done pre Mercer days it may have been the best thing for both Clubs.

Then of course we tried to put a spanner in their works with Administration, and now it is totally out of the question, which is a shame as Scottish Football needs a 30,000 plus Football Stadium on the East of the country.

Is this the Royal "we" being used here?

where'stheslope
28-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Is this the Royal "we" being used here?

Just a statement of intent from fellow supporters against injustice!

Pete
28-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Just a statement of intent from fellow supporters against injustice!

What supporters and what injustice?

Neither Hibs or its supporters tried to interfere with their process. Unless I'm missing something.

where'stheslope
28-09-2017, 02:17 PM
What supporters and what injustice?

Neither Hibs or its supporters tried to interfere with their process. Unless I'm missing something.

Poppy thieves and administration for a start.

If I have miss read some statements on here I can only apologise in advance.

stantonhibby
28-09-2017, 02:22 PM

They put themselves into Administration....we had nowt to do with it.

Fife-Hibee
28-09-2017, 02:26 PM

😂😂😂

Kato
28-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Poppy thieves and administration for a start.

If I have miss read some statements on here I can only apologise in advance.

They stole the poppy money and had to go administration due to their own actions.

What do "we" have to do with this?

Geo_1875
28-09-2017, 02:57 PM

Wait til we fill in the corners

Captain Trips
28-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Tynecastle = Pripyat

G B Young
28-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Where did you see that? If that's true there's no chance they're meeting their latest revised schedule. I guess they'll just revise the date again, thus ensuring they are no longer behind schedule.

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-09-2017, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=HibbiesandtheBaddies;5179799]They just need to attend suitably attired...

Right Doll, that's me away tae the game. You want me to get a chippy whilst I'm there?"

Fixed that for you.

NeilT
28-09-2017, 04:42 PM

Ties up with what I was told - see post #3613

Arch Stanton
28-09-2017, 04:54 PM

I wonder if that will affect their schedule.

Firestarter
28-09-2017, 05:00 PM
They put themselves into Administration....we had nowt to do with it.

Even then they done that cheating by declaring it once the season ended to avoid relegation after it was apparent they didn't have enough points to stay up following an automatic points deduction. I think Dundee went down instead. Even at their lowest point they cheat the system and gloat about it.

Arch Stanton
28-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Here's the latest timelapse which just confirms what I thought - nothing much happening really.

What caught my eye was the lights that appear on the pitch at different times. Surely not to help the grass grow - it's had all summer!

Studying the worm population perhaps.

Anyone know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEaOTn48n18

SanFranHibs
28-09-2017, 05:14 PM
:singing:

In your Gorgie Slum, In your Gorgie slum,
You buy chips with your rat, you think it's a treat,
Head to the new stand but you can't find a seat,
Where do you park your bum?

:flag:

Edinburgh Green
28-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Where did you see that? If that's true there's no chance they're meeting their latest revised schedule. I guess they'll just revise the date again, thus ensuring they are no longer behind schedule.

That's what opperatives on site have been told. They are looking for all trades to lend any spare bodies to help them install the seats.

Famous Fiver
28-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I take it wee Blackie is all set, brush in hand, to paint them if they ever do arrive?

Robbo could always test their safety by taking a swallow dive down a staircase.

If they are short on budget the could get Houston involved to finish the job off.

essexhibee
28-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Is that serious? The front part of it looking like hamiltons stand?!

That looks rubbish!

Jack Hackett
28-09-2017, 07:09 PM
That's what opperatives on site have been told. They are looking for all trades to lend any spare bodies to help them install the seats.

Could they no just get the gullibles to pitch in? Charge them £50 for the privilege, they'd be queuing round the 'Plaza' for this 'Once in a Lifetime!' experience.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Is that serious? The front part of it looking like hamiltons stand?!

That looks rubbish!

We'll need to see how it turns out when finished. Even if they do a good job, they still need the other three stands replacing; they're on their last legs.

Onceinawhile
28-09-2017, 07:17 PM
I have no idea what that number refers to. If the company were Scottish, it would have an SC in front of the number.

James Clydesdale only has 1 directorship registered at CH, the Scottish Football Partnership. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC224665

5 years ago James Clydesdale associates was still just run as a sole trader and I'd imagine that continues to be the case hence a lack of directorships.

I can't see how any of that is relevant though.

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2017, 07:28 PM
5 years ago James Clydesdale associates was still just run as a sole trader and I'd imagine that continues to be the case hence a lack of directorships.

I can't see how any of that is relevant though.I'd agree, it's not really important.. I was answering an earlier query [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ruthven_raiders
28-09-2017, 07:40 PM
We'll need to see how it turns out when finished. Even if they do a good job, they still need the other three stands replacing; they're on their last legs.

Mentioned earlier in the thread perhaps that the front wasn't built to help with access for equipment. Will be towards the end of the build, don't think it will look like Hamilton's 😂 This is making the Edinburgh tram project look like a well run project 😱

Jack Hackett
28-09-2017, 08:22 PM
It's OK! It's all running to the revised schedule... though to my knowledge, I can't recall them actually saying what that is... which is handy :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
28-09-2017, 08:54 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2agt4di.jpg

Billy Whizz
28-09-2017, 08:58 PM

Who you going to call, Ghostbusters😄

Hibby70
28-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Oompa loompa doompety doo
If you've got seats, we'll put them in too

Pete
28-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Looks like that Police box isn't going anywhere soon.

Omnishambles.

Jack
28-09-2017, 09:40 PM
I'd agree, it's not really important.. I was answering an earlier query [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I can't go back but having looked at his website it looks like he set up on his own after leaving college/univesity, unemployable for some reason???, done a few garage/house/loft extensions and been involved in some bigger stuff but never actually made it.

A wannabe that downloaded the free version of 3D House Builder?

Kato
28-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Looks like that Police box isn't going anywhere soon.

Omnishambles.

green day
28-09-2017, 09:53 PM

So, they are putting in a prefabricated cement layer on top of that crappy metal we saw the other week.

Which means - regardless of when seats arrive - they can't fit seats until the deck is in place.

The earlier pictures of the inside are....... incredible 👍

jacomo
28-09-2017, 10:10 PM
It's OK! It's all running to the revised schedule... though to my knowledge, I can't recall them actually saying what that is... which is handy :rolleyes:

It was completely ready by early September bar the seats, and it will be super duper with seats, internal fit out and 5* Sky line chippy in November.

Peevemor
28-09-2017, 10:10 PM
So, they are putting in a prefabricated cement layer on top of that crappy metal we saw the other week.

Which means - regardless of when seats arrive - they can't fit seats until the deck is in place.

The earlier pictures of the inside are....... incredible 👍
The bottom few rows are concrete, the rest stay as they are.

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2017, 10:14 PM
It was completely ready by early September bar the seats, and it will be super duper with seats, internal fit out and 5* Sky line chippy in November.

To be fair, it isn't easy or cheap to find seats that can safely hold your average 300lb Yam. Then there's room for his/her carer to consider. Logistical challenge.

Bishop Hibee
28-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Oompa loompa doompety doo
If you've got seats, we'll put them in too

😂 Oompa loompa doompety dee, the stand will still be far too wee.

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 06:50 AM
HMSA (supporters' association?) meeting with Ann Budge last night.

Q1 – We have three games at Murrayfield, will they cost us money, will we break even or will we make money?

Ann – Our expectation was that we would lose money by having to play these games at Murrayfield. However, due to excellent ticket sales for the Aberdeen games (over 24k) we actually made a decent profit (more than we would have had the game been played at Tynecastle).
For the St Johnstone game we expect lower ticket sales.
For the Rangers game, we are releasing the tickets section by section and they can get up to 14.5k tickets without any issues regarding segregation. She expects Rangers to take up most or all of their allocation and financially it makes sense to give them the maximum tickets. She would encourage the Hearts fans to buy tickets to ensure we have a sizable home support.

Q2 – Stadium redevelopment is going well. How is the Financing going to pay for it?

Ann – We have paid out around £9m. We have to pay around another £4.5m between now and the end of the Financial Year. We have around £1m in the savings and will receive £0.5m from Edinburgh Council which is due to be received in the next couple of months.
We have secured a £2m contingency loan at a rate of 2.5% which we are able to draw down if needed. We have around a £1m shortfall to be raised from fundraising events and sponsorship.
If we need it, we have the £2m loan available if we need it to complete the project.

Q3 – Do you regret being too ambitious with the September completion date?

Ann – No she doesn’t regret it, you need to set yourself aggressive targets. People have said that even if we did have seats the stand wouldn’t be ready. That’s not correct, once we knew the seats were delayed we changed the whole program of the build.
We need to push and challenge ourselves. It would have been easy to say that we have a target date of 19 November giving ourselves an extra two weeks but where does it end? Stuff happens in building projects and obstacles get in our way, however, we deal with them, In addition there have been very few negatives from the Murrayfield experience.

Q4 – What happens if the stand isn’t ready for the Killie game?

Ann – We still have access to Murrayfield, she’s in regular contact with the Chief Operating Officer at Murrayfield and if needed we can switch the game there.

Q10 – Were you surprised Craig wanted to be the manager?

Ann – We went through the recruitment process and had a long list of the criteria we wanted in the new coach and we realised it would be unlikely that we would get someone who would tick all the boxes. One of the directors said that there was one person who ticked all the boxes and he was already in the room. We treated it lightly, however, the next day Craig came into my office and told her he would love to do it, she took a couple of weeks to make sure it was what he wanted to do before deciding.

:fibber:

Q17 – The Police Box, when’s it going to be bulldozed?

Ann – It’s not going to be changed at the moment as we need it, however, there are 200 seats that can see the pitch but not the goal. The structural engineers have assessed the box and are going to cut the front of the control box so that it’s flush with the seats so everyone will be able to see the goals, however, this won’t be completed by 5/11 but will be done asap.

Q19 – You said £9m has been paid out. Where did it come from?

Ann - £3m from benefactors, which has already been received from them.
£3 from normal business activities and this has increased to around £5m. £1.5m from FOH and the rest from fundraising. This comes to the £9m paid out plus the £1m in the bank.

The Spaceman
29-09-2017, 06:56 AM
The bottom few rows are concrete, the rest stay as they are.

Probably for the TV cameras so they can try and make it look like the entire stand is made of minimum quality material. Scaffs. Cheap and nasty stadium. Tincastle.

Jack
29-09-2017, 06:58 AM

I believe it's Shareholders!

Ann must have been quite lonely.

green day
29-09-2017, 07:04 AM

I still dont get how they can raise £5m from "normal business activities".............

greenginger
29-09-2017, 07:15 AM
I still dont get how they can raise £5m from "normal business activities".............

And what about the £ 0.5 million they will receive from Edinburgh Council , what's that for ?

There was a contingency sum of that amount in the Council budget to fit out the nursery , are they just going to hand it over to them !

green day
29-09-2017, 07:17 AM
And what about the £ 0.5 million they will receive from Edinburgh Council , what's that for ?

There was a contingency sum of that amount in the Council budget to fit out the nursery , are they just going to hand it over to them !

I imagine thats the deal, yep.

You couldnt do it for nothing, so probably fair enough as Hearts have to pay for it.

Carheenlea
29-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Going by the picture, it looks like they now have seats, only the one, but it's a start.

jacomo
29-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Police box lolz.

If they are going to cut it to size, why not do that earlier so that it's ready for the new stand opening? Total incompetence.

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Going by the picture, it looks like they now have seats, only the one, but it's a start.

That seat was already there in the old stand. Ann will be happy that they made a saving.

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 09:24 AM
It seems they've discovered how to make a silk purse out of a coo's erse

I've been waiting patiently for weeks to see the face caps going onto the glass facade and delighted now it's finally happening. Will make an enormous difference to the entire look of the stand (1970s office block my arse). These maroon lines at the top and bottom look magnificent as well, next stop badge and lettering!

Peevemor
29-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Q24 – What will the final capacity of Tynecastle be once the stand is complete?

Ann – Over 20,000. Didn’t have the final figure, but it was a couple of hundred over 20k.

:fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::f ibber::fibber::fibber:

madhibee_again
29-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Q19 – You said £9m has been paid out. Where did it come from?

Ann - £3m from benefactors, which has already been received from them.
£3 from normal business activities and this has increased to around £5m. £1.5m from FOH and the rest from fundraising. This comes to the £9m paid out plus the £1m in the bank.

£3m from benefactors
£5m from "normal business activities"
£1.5m from FOH

That would be £9.5m Ann... plus the 50p raised from fundraising.

Yamathematics.

Aldo
29-09-2017, 10:11 AM
:fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::f ibber::fibber::fibber:

[emoji23][emoji23]

20,099 was original capacity but losing 200 or so seats because of Control Room takes it to under 20K

More LIES

Thecat23
29-09-2017, 10:14 AM
[emoji23][emoji23]

20,099 was original capacity but losing 200 or so seats because of Control Room takes it to under 20K

More LIES

Still smaller than our ground if it’s “just over” 20k. 😁

jacomo
29-09-2017, 10:20 AM
[emoji23][emoji23]

More LIES

But those 200 seats can see the pitch! (just not the goal)

Mr I Cathro has bought a ST for one of them already.

Aldo
29-09-2017, 10:21 AM
But those 200 seats can see the pitch! (just not the goal)

Mr I Cathro has bought a ST for one of them already.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Total shambles

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2017, 10:23 AM
So turns out they are making money out of going to Murrayfield then.

Joe6-2
29-09-2017, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Joe6-2
29-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Police box lolz.

If they are going to cut it to size, why not do that earlier so that it's ready for the new stand opening? Total incompetence.

Total crap

Iain G
29-09-2017, 01:46 PM
[emoji23][emoji23]

More LIES

But you can fit 300 coppers in the police control box, so that more than makes up for it. :agree:

Billy Whizz
29-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Budge saying at last nights HMSA’s monthly meeting, that new stadium will be a couple of hundred over 20,000. Bit of a salesman’s licence that statement

Bostonhibby
29-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Budge saying at last nights HMSA’s monthly meeting, that new stadium will be a couple of hundred over 20,000. Bit of a salesman’s licence that statementExact number is disclosable if and when she wants the mugs to know. They have to do it for licensing, health and safety regulations and insurance purposes.

RoYO!
29-09-2017, 03:28 PM

That's just ideal for a caption competition:)

Bostonhibby
29-09-2017, 03:50 PM
That's just ideal for a caption competition:)Gulliver said surely these little people running about like ants in this little building can't be anything to do with the famous?

I thought they were big like me.

Arch Stanton
29-09-2017, 04:48 PM
The new stand angle is 32 degrees, the Wheatfield is 34 degrees from horizontal.

Which bit? The front or back? I got the impression the seats at the front were less steep.

Arch Stanton
29-09-2017, 05:44 PM

Naw, it's not here. Eric must have left his piece someplace else.

greenginger
29-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Which bit? The front or back? I got the impression the seats at the front were less steep.

The back bit is certainly noted as 32 degrees on the planning drawings , the front bit does not have an angle noted but it certainly drawn at a lesser slope.

It would help if there were building warrant drawings available, but since there's no building warrant issued for the work nobody knows what they're meant to be building. :greengrin

theonlywayisup
29-09-2017, 06:15 PM
20,421 - biggest football stadium in Edinburgh is............... Easter Road

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Homes Under The Hammer?

Saturday Boy
29-09-2017, 06:59 PM

A little bit of timber and a saw
A little bit of fixing that's for sure
A little bit of digging up the roads
A little bit of moving heavy loads
A little bit of tiling on the roof
A little bit of making waterproof
A little bit of concrete mixed with sand
A little bit of Bob, the builder man

🎶🎶🎶

Aldo
29-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Budge saying at last nights HMSA’s monthly meeting, that new stadium will be a couple of hundred over 20,000. Bit of a salesman’s licence that statement

Would it really surprise us if they LIED to that gullible mob to keep them on side?

Carheenlea
29-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Just about ready for the decorators

http://i66.tinypic.com/mkjdoh.jpg

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-09-2017, 07:05 PM

And they call ours The Breeze Block Arena?

What a total bunch of fuds.

Aldo
29-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Quite a few pillars in there too?

Famous Fiver
29-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Wee Blackie will give that a lick of paint in no time!!!

It'll still look honking.

Gmack7
29-09-2017, 08:10 PM

they're either washing the slab or there's water been pishing through the MEGA roof