PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

--------
01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

Which year?

This reminds me of the old Tom Hanks film "The Money Pit" ...

Access to the upper tier ...

Executive seating ...

The promised opening date ....

Still waiting .....

OK - the last one's from "The Castaway" but you get the point ...

Kavinho
01-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.

Chips you say?
That's great

Crazyhorse
01-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Aye but they will and when you go up there then climb a 60ft ladder, you'll be able to see the flag poles on top of the castle. :agree:

The ladder lounge...

GlesgaeHibby
01-09-2017, 11:43 AM
They really are a special bunch when it comes to economics. Taken from Kickback:

There's a difference between something being
over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

Their dear leader admitted as early as June that it was running over budget, and that was before the confirmed delays to opening.

“As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns. “However, these are at a level that are manageable and capable of being met from club funds; and most importantly, will not result in us failing to achieve our very tight timescales. In short, things continue to be managed very tightly and everything is still going 
to plan.”

--------
01-09-2017, 11:49 AM
They really are a special bunch when it comes to economics. Taken from Kickback:

There's a difference between something being over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

Their dear leader admitted as early as June that it was running over budget, and that was before the confirmed delays to opening.

“As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns. “However, these are at a level that are manageable and capable of being met from club funds; and most importantly, will not result in us failing to achieve our very tight timescales. In short, things continue to be managed very tightly and everything is still going 
to plan.”

Isn't that what the Grand Old Duke of York said when he arrived back at the bottom of the hill?

Baker9
01-09-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !

I can empathise with this. I knew Ann Bryden well at the primary school. It is a long time ago but she was thoroughly decent and exceptionally bright. I am pleased that there have been minimal personal attacks on her on this site. She appears to still be thoroughly decent. I remember that she was unusual amongst the girls in the school in declaring that she liked football and supported Hearts, and her love for them is genuine. She has been courageous in taking the route she has in a business that she has no knowledge of. Her reliance on her Director of Football and others to guide her has turned out to be misjudged and I am hopeful that she can get out of this with her dignity intact. She deserves to.

fat freddy
01-09-2017, 11:55 AM
I worked the the Scottish Executive at the time and while not involved some friends were.

The client was the UK Government and those working in Edinburgh 'were just following orders'.

Many of the changes came about as a direct result of a step change in the terror threat during the build and how protecting against this bounced between the terror advisers down south and those up here getting on with it.

You are referring to the possibilty of an MSP being shot while sitting in a thinking pod window, an ammendment was made and the weird wood we see now was installed. The idea was that a sniper would have a more difficult target if mishapen wood was placed in front of the windows. Each length of wood was steam heated to allow different shapes to be formed, the figure I was told was 11 grand per length, seems a bit much I know, probably nearer to 11 grand per window.
Im led to believe no one uses the pods for sitting in silent contemplation with a view to coming up with imaginative ways of running the country, instead they are used as bookshelves and make shift filing cabinets.

Aldo
01-09-2017, 12:01 PM
I sent one of the photos from inside the ground to some yam chums and asked why it looked so small??

I was told I had photo shopped it to make it look like that. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
01-09-2017, 12:04 PM
I can empathise with this. I knew Ann Bryden well at the primary school. It is a long time ago but she was thoroughly decent and exceptionally bright. I am pleased that there have been minimal personal attacks on her on this site. She appears to still be thoroughly decent. I remember that she was unusual amongst the girls in the school in declaring that she liked football and supported Hearts, and her love for them is genuine. She has been courageous in taking the route she has in a business that she has no knowledge of. Her reliance on her Director of Football and others to guide her has turned out to be misjudged and I am hopeful that she can get out of this with her dignity intact. She deserves to.I agree. She appears to be trying to do the right thing.

greenginger
01-09-2017, 12:21 PM
You are referring to the possibilty of an MSP being shot while sitting in a thinking pod window, an ammendment was made and the weird wood we see now was installed. The idea was that a sniper would have a more difficult target if mishapen wood was placed in front of the windows. Each length of wood was steam heated to allow different shapes to be formed, the figure I was told was 11 grand per length, seems a bit much I know, probably nearer to 11 grand per window.
Im led to believe no one uses the pods for sitting in silent contemplation with a view to coming up with imaginative ways of running the country, instead they are used as bookshelves and make shift filing cabinets.

FF, you seem to have a fair amount of experience of the construction industry in Edinburgh and wonder if you have ever seen anything like the amount of rule breaking and blind eye turning that is going on over at Gorgie.

The whole new stand been under construction for over 6 months and the Building warrant still not issued.

The undercroft to the Wheatfield Stand which houses the new club shop, offices ,ticket office and changing rooms is occupied every day of the week with no completion certificate or temporary occupation cert.

A complaint about breach of planning conditions on the site received on 6th March still, pending considerations on some planning officer's desk.

The extra safety work around the distillery storage vats has planning permission and the work has been done with no Building Warrant being applied for.

I'm sure there's lots more . :confused:

poolman
01-09-2017, 12:27 PM

There's a difference between something being
over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

to plan.”

Some trumpet called Buffalo Bill crowing on Yakbak about our Yams stand thread says

"It will be completed on schedule" ("although opening obviously late")

😂😂😂

Not In The Know
01-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Yes it is. A curtain wall is any weatherproof but non load bearing (normally panelled) finish applied to a facade.

It'll be interesting to see if they've studied the heat loss/gain that this sort of system produces. Think of a greenhouse - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Anne might have to run up some nice curtains for the school-view restaurant.

:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
01-09-2017, 12:55 PM

I think its more likely to do with the blast walls that had to be incorporated into the design.

A cost increase in October 2002, is reported to be due to increased security needs, requiring that bombproof cladding be incorporated into designs for the external fabric of the building

jacomo
01-09-2017, 01:09 PM
I can empathise with this. I knew Ann Bryden well at the primary school. It is a long time ago but she was thoroughly decent and exceptionally bright. I am pleased that there have been minimal personal attacks on her on this site. She appears to still be thoroughly decent. I remember that she was unusual amongst the girls in the school in declaring that she liked football and supported Hearts, and her love for them is genuine. She has been courageous in taking the route she has in a business that she has no knowledge of. Her reliance on her Director of Football and others to guide her has turned out to be misjudged and I am hopeful that she can get out of this with her dignity intact. She deserves to.

Interesting insight on the early years of the Queen of Hearts.

As an outsider looking in, she is not well supported with the club. No self-respecting organisation would allow those statements to be published unedited.

She is also being disingenuous - unless the stand really will be completed next Saturday (bar the seats, of course).

Why do you think this is?

FilipinoHibs
01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Interesting insight on the early years of the Queen of Hearts.

As an outsider looking in, she is not well supported with the club. No self-respecting organisation would allow those statements to be published unedited.

She is also being disingenuous - unless the stand really will be completed next Saturday (bar the seats, of course).

Why do you think this is?

There ia so much spin and using the fans to bailout the club with limited liability to her. Lots outright lying to public and fans. And as you say the statements.

Jack
01-09-2017, 01:18 PM

I think its more likely to do with the blast walls that had to be incorporated into the design.

There was that and also a whole range of other stuff the one that sticks in my mind was a rocket attack from Arthur's Seat!

The original design, pre terrorism, was a concept building with free and easy access but mid build had to be turned into a fortress!

Anyway. Enough of this. The yams needn't worry about such things. More likely their concerns will be around a stiff breeze in February!

Firestarter
01-09-2017, 01:32 PM

I was always under the impression she didn't really like football but her daughter got her into going to games? She's also joined at the hip with that bitter odious ******** Levein so I'm out any kind of love in :greengrin

Baker9
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
I was always under the impression she didn't really like football but her daughter got her into going to games? She's also joined at the hip with that bitter odious ******** Levein so I'm out any kind of love in :greengrin

That is definitely not the case. She went to Tynecastle as a youngster.

Tornadoes70
01-09-2017, 03:57 PM
See Craigieboy on keeckback's started 'another' thread on hibs. He's mumping about hibs.netters having a thread regarding their new main stand. He's totally 100% obsessed with us and its getting a bit creepy. Started the thread slating us, he's ended up arguing with other yams about them 'reeking' of hibs. It looks brutal from the outside, its over budget and late in schedule which is mainly why we're commenting on it as is our right. Complete roaster and your stand looks brutal from the outside craigieboy!

:giruy2:

Firestarter
01-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Fair enough, poor woman.

RoYO!
01-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Jeez, the school looks better and more modern!

Looks quite tall as well eh?! :P

Maybe they can supply all the hospitality guests a blue peter style periscope each :)

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2017, 04:32 PM
So they're aware of this thread and presumably have read parts of it.

How the hell do they come to the conclusion that we're jealous?!

We're just saying what most of them are thinking but they're too scared to say so. Tubes.

fat freddy
01-09-2017, 04:39 PM
FF, you seem to have a fair amount of experience of the construction industry in Edinburgh and wonder if you have ever seen anything like the amount of rule breaking and blind eye turning that is going on over at

No. It is the worst run job in the history of worst run jobs and i speak as someone who had a very small part in the trams fiasco as well as a year or so on the parliament debacle. My company have tendered for a small part of the tynecastle build but my boss still hasn't heard if they've decided who has the contract for our specific trade. My boss is a jambo ST holder and he says the guys running it are utterly useless.

HibbyAndy
01-09-2017, 04:53 PM
See Craigieboy on keeckback's started 'another' thread on hibs. He's mumping about hibs.netters having a thread regarding their new main stand. He's totally 100% obsessed with us and its getting a bit creepy. Started the thread slating us, he's ended up arguing with other yams about them 'reeking' of hibs. It looks brutal from the outside, its over budget and late in schedule which is mainly why we're commenting on it as is our right. Complete roaster and your stand looks brutal from the outside craigieboy!

Is that plum still on their ?? Good few years ago now when i was top hibs.net trumpet circa 2008 he was pished one night and challenged me to a boxing charity fight by making a thread over on fascinatedwithusback, He then woke up in the morning quickly deleted the thread and denied all knowledge

Still an absolute fan dan nearly 10 years later :yamlaugh::jamboclow:yamlaugh:

greenginger
01-09-2017, 04:58 PM

Are you thinking about the same person ? Budge wasn't her name when she was a youngster.

ancient hibee
01-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Which is presumably why he calls her Ann Bryden?

greenginger
01-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Sorry, missed Baker9's earlier post.

Greentinted
01-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Is that plum still on their ?? Good few years ago now when i was top hibs.net trumpet circa 2008 he was pished one night and challenged me to a boxing charity fight by making a thread over on fascinatedwithusback, He then woke up in the morning quickly deleted the thread and denied all knowledge

Would you have accepted? Reason I ask is that my laddie knows him and he's, erm, a bit of a dick in the real world too!

Tornadoes70
01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

:faf:

Turns out he's more of a roaster than I thought!

For allegedly being the 'big team', they're totally obsessed with us.

G B Young
01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Are you definitely recalling the same Ann?

She says in this interview that it was her daughter who persuaded her to attend her first Hearts match when she was in her 40s:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ann-budge-s-priceless-edinburgh-derby-memories-1-3584044

Also says here that apart from her daughter her whole family are Hibs fans, with her parents both hailing from Leith. Clever businesswoman she may be, but she showed a serious error of judgement in opting for the yams so I'm afraid my sympathy is limited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37002645

HibbyAndy
01-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Would you have accepted? Reason I ask is that my laddie knows him and he's, erm, a bit of a dick in the real world too!

I did accept ..That's why he backtracked and deleted it

Thecat23
01-09-2017, 05:40 PM

I'll take him on for charity. Any money raised I'd put to Cystic Fibrosis. Bring it on Craigieboy.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2017, 05:41 PM
I did accept ..That's why he backtracked and deleted itWas it an actual boxing match he wanted? Gloves, guards etc?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Baker9
01-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Are you definitely recalling the same Ann?

She says in this interview that it was her daughter who persuaded her to attend her first Hearts match when she was in her 40s:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/ann-budge-s-priceless-edinburgh-derby-memories-1-3584044

Also says here that apart from her daughter her whole family are Hibs fans, with her parents both hailing from Leith. Clever businesswoman she may be, but she showed a serious error of judgement in opting for the yams so I'm afraid my sympathy is limited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37002645

It is definitely the same Ann Bryden. She was also West Pilton Gala queen in her last year. The articles seem to differ from my recall and whilst the journalist may have used artistic licence for a story I am beginning to doubt my own memory. Still liked and respected her.

HibbyAndy
01-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Was it an actual boxing match he wanted? Gloves, guards etc?

Yeah proper boxing match, He shat it though.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Yeah proper boxing match, He shat it though.used to box decades ago but am more of a corner man now!

Gives a shout if there's any hope of rekindling the bout and I'll hold the sponge.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2017, 06:27 PM

I kinda assumed he was a young teenage guy but he must actually be an adult. Frightening.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I'll ragdoll the wee ferret for charity. If he beats me I'll personally pay back all their creditors.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Ann Budge went to Ainslie Park, was West Pilton Gala queen and her family including her dad are all Hibbys.

Deansy
01-09-2017, 10:31 PM
So they're aware of this thread and presumably have read parts of it.

How the hell do they come to the conclusion that we're jealous?!

We're just saying what most of them are thinking but they're too scared to say so. Tubes.

How do Jambos come to any conclusion ?. Its not as if JKB is a leading-light in informative and accurate information !

Tornadoes70
01-09-2017, 10:57 PM
How do Jambos come to any conclusion ?. Its not as if JKB is a leading-light in informative and accurate information !

There's a great deal of evidence backing up your theory if looking at the Callaghan signing. He came through the Raith youth system and been with them seven years playing below Premier League standard. He's a speculative signing which may or may not bear fruit and would normally generate a fair bit of cynicism until he had proved he has what it takes to take a huge step up.

Yambo keechback without seeing him in a first team game has already proclaimed him to be a fantastic signing based on zilch save for a desperation now that they're back living within their means and trawling the lower leagues for basement bargains. Not based on on as you state informative and accurate information but a desperate yearning that this lad who has only ever played for Raith Rovers at a lower level will be one that is a star that evaded every other club's radar.

With their own youth prodigies rapidly seeking to desert the yams like Nicholson and Walker as soon as has been possible and having to look to the likes of Ross Callaghan there is a great deal of underlying anxiety at the not so sleek glass dome.

The sweat is glistening on the foreheads of every yam as the next derby approaches against the mighty Hibernian.

:flag:

Captain Trips
02-09-2017, 12:19 AM

green day
02-09-2017, 05:54 AM
They are generally stupid over the road.

There are still weirdos on kickback stating that their new stand will be better than our one tier east stand.

Well, no **** Sherlock, the east is just a shell really........but the West is our main stand, it's 2 tier, top quality and has been around for 15 years although still looks fresh today.

Strange how these bams can't even get basic facts right !!

Captain Trips
02-09-2017, 06:56 AM

Thecat23
02-09-2017, 07:03 AM
Yeah proper boxing match, He shat it though.

He's denying it 😂 Says you must be getting mixed up with someone eise!! What a roaster, at least man up and admit when wrong. Craigieboy you are a liar and are a ****bag as well.

Boys @rsehole has truly collapsed.

Baker9
02-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Ann Budge went to Ainslie Park, was West Pilton Gala queen and her family including her dad are all Hibbys.

Was she not at Trinity at some point? She got highers and Ainslie Park did not do highers at that time. She was at Pennywell Primary.

fat freddy
02-09-2017, 08:18 AM
There was an interview with a member of The Rangers board a while back, it could have been Green, Whyte, King or Murray, cant remember, in the interview this guy said the best way to find out what was really happening behind the scenes at Ibrox was to read the Celtic bloggers as they monitor everything at their rivals in forensic detail.

The same rules apply to most clubs, the rivals relish digging the dirty truth whereas a clubs supporters prefer to view their club through rose tinted glasses.

With this in mind it would seem prudent for Hearts fans to view this particular thread and I can understand why so many of them are looking in as we are revealing certain facts and asking relevant questions which they themselves should be doing.

Over the road they hang onto every word that a character named Thomaso utters, he appears to be their ITK guy as he is working as an agency labourer on site, when he's not sweeping up behind the brickies whose walls are being forever torn down and rebuilt he spends his tea breaks informing his adoring public that everything is on schedule and all is barry.

In addition to this living waged font of knowledge they have an amateur photographer named Kila who is probably a nodding acquaintance of Greenginger as they both spend a similar amount of time hanging around the site huts in pursuit of insider info. This character posts daily photos that reduce grown men on balconies all over earth to tears. Each picture is greeted with gasps of astonishment and slavering, tear stained posts regarding the beauty of the office block.

With this Comical Ali view of their current progress its little wonder so many of their more cynical supporters pop over here to see whats really going on behind the scenes. And they are welcome, to the many guests that come over, including Wee Craigie Boy, we are here to help, we mean you no harm, we only want to inform you about the utter shambles that is happening on your doorstep. Your stand will be built, no doubt, but the manner in which it is being done provides us with so much ammuntion we'd be doing ourselves a misservice if we didn't have a good laugh at your joke of a club

I hope theres at least another 100 pages on this subject, its easily my favourite thread ever.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2017, 08:41 AM
He's denying it 😂 Says you must be getting mixed up with someone eise!! What a roaster, at least man up and admit when wrong. Craigieboy you are a liar and are a ****bag as well.

Watch what your saying Cat, he might ask for a boxing match to satisfy honour here.:take that:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2017, 08:58 AM
There was an interview with a member of The Rangers board a while back, it could have been Green, Whyte, King or Murray, cant remember, in the interview this guy said the best way to find out what was really happening behind the scenes at Ibrox was to read the Celtic bloggers as they monitor everything at their rivals in forensic detail.

The same rules apply to most clubs, the rivals relish digging the dirty truth whereas a clubs supporters prefer to view their club through rose tinted glasses.

With this in mind it would seem prudent for Hearts fans to view this particular thread and I can understand why so many of them are looking in as we are revealing certain facts and asking relevant questions which they themselves should be doing.

Over the road they hang onto every word that a character named Thomaso utters, he appears to be their ITK guy as he is working as an agency labourer on site, when he's not sweeping up behind the brickies whose walls are being forever torn down and rebuilt he spends his tea breaks informing his adoring public that everything is on schedule and all is barry.

In addition to this living waged font of knowledge they have an amateur photographer named Kila who is probably a nodding acquaintance of Greenginger as they both spend a similar amount of time hanging around the site huts in pursuit of insider info. This character posts daily photos that reduce grown men on balconies all over earth to tears. Each picture is greeted with gasps of astonishment and slavering, tear stained posts regarding the beauty of the office block.

With this Comical Ali view of their current progress its little wonder so many of their more cynical supporters pop over here to see whats really going on behind the scenes. And they are welcome, to the many guests that come over, including Wee Craigie Boy, we are here to help, we mean you no harm, we only want to inform you about the utter shambles that is happening on your doorstep. Your stand will be built, no doubt, but the manner in which it is being done provides us with so much ammuntion we'd be doing ourselves a misservice if we didn't have a good laugh at your joke of a club

I hope theres at least another 100 pages on this subject, its easily my favourite thread ever.

Good post. Although it does make me worry that they might be right about us going into admin though as I'd imagine they're examining us forensically?

Pete
02-09-2017, 08:59 AM

I vaguely remember it and I don't think it was him. Some older guy, who used to box in the forces or something, got pissed and asked anyone on this site (especially Mikey) for a boxing match. A few people on here including Hibbyandy accepted and he deleted it the next morning. Hey, we all do daft things when we're steaming.

I've seen Craig on that site and by the looks of him the only way he'd swing a punch at anyone is by pressing X. A bit like myself nowadays. 😂

Pete
02-09-2017, 09:02 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/c00c0cc77918b1fea2ac5ad36be24855.png
They are a bit slow catching on over on kickback.[emoji23]

🤣🤣

:rotflmao:

legend
02-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Father working on site tells me the steels are all wrong size they are having to make plates to get the roof steels to meet the supports and are being told to box in so looks neat and they are having to tear down a security building as the stand is to long so anyone sitting at that end wouldn't see the goals if it is left. Reckon at least 4 mill over budget with all the redo and wastage. :thumbsup:

Col2
02-09-2017, 09:29 AM

I am sure he was the wee soul who admitted shedding a few tears on the night of 21st May 2016. It was either him or LeChat but I think it was him. He admitted it on a private yams board on kickback and then one of the roasters over the road meantioned it in the summer of 2016 on the main board. 😂😂😂😂

fat freddy
02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Father working on site tells me the steels are all wrong size they are having to make plates to get the roof steels to meet the supports and are being told to box in so looks neat and they are having to tear down a security building as the stand is to long so anyone sitting at that end wouldn't see the goals if it is left. Reckon at least 4 mill over budget with all the redo and wastage. :thumbsup:

Interesting development, that would explain why there has been so little progress with the steelwork, the security building is presumably the police control box at the gorgie road end. The question which needs asked, why knock it down now? Why wasn't this done when the demolition of the asbestos stand was being carried out?

It's like someone is running this job badly on purpose

G B Young
02-09-2017, 09:46 AM

This all sounds very feasible and by all means keep any insider info coming.

I'm intrigued that this thread is the one that has prompted you to make your first post despite having been registered on here for ten years :wink:

southsider
02-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Sounds about right. My insider on site lent against a newly built wall to tie his bootlace. Wall then collapsed, well he is a big lad !

G B Young
02-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Clearly some fundamental flaw in her DNA for her to end up supporting Hearts, especially as it appears she didn't actually go to her first football game until she was in her 40s!

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Interesting development, that would explain why there has been so little progress with the steelwork, the security building is presumably the police control box at the gorgie road end. The question which needs asked, why knock it down now? Why wasn't this done when the demolition of the asbestos stand was being carried out?

It's like someone is running this job badly on purposeI would guess that a replacement control room will be included when the new stand is eventually fitted out. Until such time the old one will remain in place.

Ozyhibby
02-09-2017, 10:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/c8278e039555ac8bc8a1f6d710d26ada.jpg
The quality is obvious. [emoji23]
Not a lot of leg room either.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2017, 10:32 AM
tell yi one thing, i'l no be sitting in that new stand if we play at that cesspit in semi finals, it will be ok for quieter fans like yamboids i guess

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Any idea on where they're planning to put the seats?

Waxy
02-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Are they steps metal? If so...........rust.

Eyrie
02-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Are they steps metal? If so...........rust.

And a health and safety nightmare if there is any ice.

Michael
02-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Wow, looks like a temporary stand. It's pretty impressive how rubbish this new stand is.

green day
02-09-2017, 10:45 AM

Must be spraying them with some kind of non-slip paint or something, surely thats not the actual seating deck?

Its bad enough in the Wheatfield where people have slipped on the metal steps.

Even the cheapo Jambos cant be making that kind of mistake again ???

WhileTheChief..
02-09-2017, 10:51 AM
So they've gone for Meccano then. Can't blame them, I loved that stuff when I was wee.

RoYO!
02-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Yes it is. A curtain wall is any weatherproof but non load bearing (normally panelled) finish applied to a facade.

It'll be interesting to see if they've studied the heat loss/gain that this sort of system produces. Think of a greenhouse - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Anne might have to run up some nice curtains for the school-view restaurant.

I remember my dad saying that the Scottish widows building at the park cost them more money to keep cool in the summer than warm in the winter.

WhileTheChief..
02-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Wonder if the roof is going to be solid or seethrough.

Gonna make the place even more drab and dingy than it already is if no sunlight gets in

Kato
02-09-2017, 10:59 AM
I reckon we're one statement (crammed with help-ma-boabs and crivvenses) away from total hilarity. That thing looks like Hearts will indeed be moving to Murrayfield, like the pieman wanted.

RoYO!
02-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Wow, looks like a temporary stand. It's pretty impressive how rubbish this new stand is.

Genuinely can't see how they can get even another 20 years out the old stands without extensive re-work. So they perhaps have considered the rebuild option. Might be the thing that gets them out the hole that they are currently digging at quite a rate. Sell up move to the outskirts.

Real Emerald
02-09-2017, 11:04 AM

There doesn't seem to be a lot of room and if seats are bolted on to metal plate instead of concrete I would imagine once people are in there seats you will feel the seats moving, especially when the fat pie and chip munching Jambos are sitting there. One more reason for them to be spewing I suppose! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
02-09-2017, 11:10 AM
So they've gone for Meccano then. Can't blame them, I loved that stuff when I was wee.Too late, they've already signed someone from series D? Italian pub league?

And the windows slammed shut harder than Budge's till when Potter asked about tranfer budgets.

jacomo
02-09-2017, 11:11 AM

:agree:

Reminds me of the temporary stands for the 2012 Olympic Games.

SirDavidsNapper
02-09-2017, 11:21 AM

TINcastle is looking really appropriate

Real Emerald
02-09-2017, 11:23 AM
TINcastle is looking really appropriate

To be fair it's a pretty decent bus shelter though :greengrin

crewetollhibee
02-09-2017, 11:24 AM
:agree:

Reminds me of the temporary stands for the 2012 Olympic Games.

It also just looks like a scaled-up version of the stands erected at Myreside for Edinburgh's home rugby games.

Thecat23
02-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Watch what your saying Cat, he might ask for a boxing match to satisfy honour here.:take that:greengrin

Hope he does 😁 👊🏼💥

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Must be spraying them with some kind of non-slip paint or something, surely thats not the actual seating deck?

Its bad enough in the Wheatfield where people have slipped on the metal steps.

Even the cheapo Jambos cant be making that kind of mistake again ???

What's Ian Black up too these says?

WoreTheGreen
02-09-2017, 11:51 AM
What's Ian Black up too these says?

About 5ft 2"

GlesgaeHibby
02-09-2017, 12:04 PM
I remember my dad saying that the Scottish widows building at the park cost them more money to keep cool in the summer than warm in the winter.

I bet. I'm not long back from a few months working in Calgary, where apparently they have to air condition the large glass fronted skyscrapers until it drops below -15C as it tends to be sunny year round there.

This new stand has been a catalogue of error after error, and looks hideous inside and out, yet the deluded mob over the road think it's going to be the envy of world football, and will add to the 'famous' tynecastle atmosphere - which for the last few seasons has been generated solely by away fans. Hope the saga rumbles on long enough so we can play them at Murrayfield on 27th Dec.

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 12:07 PM
I remember my dad saying that the Scottish widows building at the park cost them more money to keep cool in the summer than warm in the winter.I do a lot of office and commercial buildings across here (Brittany's not that much warmer than Scotland) and dealing with heat gain is a major consideration. The orientation of each elevation dictates the amount of shading needed. The curtain wall at Tynie faces East, meaning that it'll heat up nicely toward the end of the morning, just in time to get nice and toastie for the hospitality gadges arriving at lunchtime.

Here's one that's almost finished - curtain wall with brises-soleil (sun shades). https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/23e0a042014d8082236bdde68d91d7b2.jpg

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 12:12 PM
I do a lot of office and commercial buildings across here (Brittany's not that much warmer than Scotland) and dealing with heat gain is a major consideration. The orientation of each elevation dictates the amount of shading needed. The curtain wall at Tynie faces East, meaning that it'll heat up nicely toward the end of the morning, just in time to get nice and toastie for the hospitality gadges arriving at lunchtime.

Here's one that's almost finished - curtain wall with brises-soleil (sun shades). https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/23e0a042014d8082236bdde68d91d7b2.jpg... and finished https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/6fe290b41e2d1a0195826f31b94f65f8.jpg

Skol
02-09-2017, 12:21 PM
I bet. I'm not long back from a few months working in Calgary, where apparently they have to air condition the large glass fronted skyscrapers until it drops below -15C as it tends to be sunny year round there.

This new stand has been a catalogue of error after error, and looks hideous inside and out, yet the deluded mob over the road think it's going to be the envy of world football, and will add to the 'famous' tynecastle atmosphere - which for the last few seasons has been generated solely by away fans. Hope the saga rumbles on long enough so we can play them at Murrayfield on 27th Dec.

This is exactly what I cannot get my head around. Admittedly I am biased, but the thing looks hideous. Inside and Out. It looks cheap. squashed for room and unsafe or at least dangerous if not careful. Then you add in the shambles of the construction project.

Meanwhile across the road this is the best stadium build ever, and all these delays were planned and extra cost due to making it better than the original plan.

Now Ok the reality is somewhere between these 2 extremes, but I think its quite a bit closer to my thinking than the average jambo.

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 12:26 PM
... and finished https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/6fe290b41e2d1a0195826f31b94f65f8.jpg

While I'm at it, here are my images of the building before work started. What's strange is that they look like what's been built - who'd've thunk it?

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 12:34 PM
While I'm at it, here are my images of the building before work started. What's strange is that they look like what's been built - who'd've thunk it?

And another one of mine - facing East.

Sorry everybody - I'm signed off work for a month so I'm bored out my tits. :greengrin

kaimendhibs
02-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Pitch side views from the suites, surely some mistake[emoji6][emoji6] Thought all the best hospitality suites faced away from the pitch[emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/b00bafa200e81af61a373ee85e077eab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Pitch side views from the suites, surely some mistake[emoji6][emoji6] Thought all the best hospitality suites faced away from the pitch[emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170902/b00bafa200e81af61a373ee85e077eab.jpg

Depends whether you prefer school playgrounds...

G B Young
02-09-2017, 12:56 PM
It also just looks like a scaled-up version of the stands erected at Myreside for Edinburgh's home rugby games.

That's what I thought. Similar to the stands they put up for the Open golf championship or the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, which are clanky, noisy things to manoeuvre your way around.

Seriously, is this thin metal cladding really what the finished underfoot surface will be? If so, the new stand sounds like it will be even more hazardous to sit in than the old one. I recall back in the day that the occupants of what was known as the North Stand at Easter Road used to stamp their feet to lift the atmosphere. If everyone in Hearts' new tin hut tries to do that you'd worry about the whole thing collapsing.

Moulin Yarns
02-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Just my guess, but will the seats be fixed on the flat surface, and your feet on the level below.

Ozyhibby
02-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Just my guess, but will the seats be fixed on the flat surface, and your feet on the level below.

No, they will be fixed to the risers, same as ours.

GreenCastle
02-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Hopefully they seal those gaps as if it rains there will be more leaks just what Gary Locke likes.

In all seriousness though the new changing rooms and tunnel did flood at one of the league cup games as I know someone who was on the staff.

Temporary seating to be resold when they realise the stadium isn't fit for purpose in a few years time. Fast forward say 20+ years - do we really reckon Hearts will still be at Tin Pot castle ? They can't expand and too expensive to rebuild - so just delaying the enevitable move one day.

I'm so glad we have ER, our own training base and run by people who know what they are doing.

Souter96Mac
02-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Hopefully they seal those gaps as if it rains there will be more leaks just what Gary Locke likes.

In all seriousness though the new changing rooms and tunnel did flood at one of the league cup games as I know someone who was on the staff.

Temporary seating to be resold when they realise the stadium isn't fit for purpose in a few years time. Fast forward say 20+ years - do we really reckon Hearts will still be at Tin Pot castle ? They can't expand and too expensive to rebuild - so just delaying the enevitable move one day.

I'm so glad we have ER, our own training base and run by people who know what they are doing.
Does ER have potential to expand? Would it be via the corners? We couldn't do a Liverpool and keep increasing the size of the West or East?

ancient hibee
02-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Sorry, missed Baker9's earlier post.

Which is not difficult with over 3000 to pick from:greengrin

Jones28
02-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Does ER have potential to expand? Would it be via the corners? We couldn't do a Liverpool and keep increasing the size of the West or East?

You could maybe fill the corner between the west and away end, I think the roads restrict the ability to fill in the gap on the other side of the west.

A third tier on the west would be cool

RyeSloan
02-09-2017, 02:12 PM
You could maybe fill the corner between the west and away end, I think the roads restrict the ability to fill in the gap on the other side of the west.

A third tier on the west would be cool

You could do a top level only between the West and the famous five....would be shockingly expensive for the additional capacity but I hear that what all big teams do these days [emoji23]

Tornadoes70
02-09-2017, 02:12 PM

I don't think we have to expand ER as it is. Maybe one day in the future we could redevelop the three non West Stands with one big continuous stand wrapped around the West. It would take serious money of course but it's certainly viable. Until then we have a cracking stadium in any case.

:flag:

wpj
02-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Budgies folly The Perspex Palace

NOLA
02-09-2017, 04:06 PM
The new Edinburgh disgrace [emoji57]

Bostonhibby
02-09-2017, 04:21 PM
That's what I thought. Similar to the stands they put up for the Open golf championship or the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, which are clanky, noisy things to manoeuvre your way around.

Seriously, is this thin metal cladding really what the finished underfoot surface will be? If so, the new stand sounds like it will be even more hazardous to sit in than the old one. I recall back in the day that the occupants of what was known as the North Stand at Easter Road used to stamp their feet to lift the atmosphere. If everyone in Hearts' new tin hut tries to do that you'd worry about the whole thing collapsing.Was just thinking the same.

When blackpool were in the premiership they threw up quite a sizeable bolted together temporary structure. I was in it twice and it looked remarkably like this underfoot. You could make a fair noise from it but the cardigans won't like that.

Davy Mac
02-09-2017, 05:07 PM
The new Edinburgh disgrace [emoji57]

Ha, ha, brilliant.

Keith_M
02-09-2017, 05:27 PM
And another one of mine - facing East.

Sorry everybody - I'm signed off work for a month so I'm bored out my tits. :greengrin

What is it you do for a living?

Captain Trips
02-09-2017, 05:28 PM
19301i

Slavers
02-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Went past it today and it's an eye sore. It's like a 60s office block.

Kojock
02-09-2017, 06:07 PM
What is it you do for a living?

Photographer

legend
02-09-2017, 06:13 PM
This all sounds very feasible and by all means keep any insider info coming.

I'm intrigued that this thread is the one that has prompted you to make your first post despite having been registered on here for ten years :wink:

I am a regular reader of the forum, I am just fed up with my jambo mate constantly going on about they will finally have a better stadium than us. So when my dad told me about it I couldn't help myself put it on when in his company this morning he was raging with me and really lost the plot about it all. As for 1st post I have seen others in the past get told they are jambos just joining our forum and to be honest that always put me off a bit.

Pete
02-09-2017, 06:16 PM

Seriously, what the hell is that? Sheet metal?

It's a glorified biscuit tin.

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 06:17 PM
What is it you do for a living?The short answer is architectural technician, though things are a bit different here. There's my boss (who's totally sound), the secretaries, 3 guys who do all the site supervision and contract administration and 6 of us including 2 architects in the drawing office. I'm already a partner but 3 of us have to buy out my boss when he retires at the end of the year.

Keith_M
02-09-2017, 06:37 PM
The short answer is architectural technician, though things are a bit different here. There's my boss (who's totally sound), the secretaries, 3 guys who do all the site supervision and contract administration and 6 of us including 2 architects in the drawing office. I'm already a partner but 3 of us have to buy out my boss when he retires at the end of the year.

Ah, OK, so you know about building stuff.

Another question, do you speak French with an Allo Allo accent?

GreenCastle
02-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Of course ER has potential to increase.

Corners / add more height to East or West.

I can see that happening for a while plus expensive but we have the land space to do so. Tin pot castle doesn't and is stuck with a pitch that couldn't ever see them hosting an international or UEFA group stages. Again makes it hilarious they are spending so much money on something that only fixes a few previous issues they had and raise the capacity by a few thousand.

Meaning they are still below us (they must be sick about that) and we have a better built - higher spec stand that can host any level of football.

Yes a little smug we have a better facility.

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Ah, OK, so you know about building stuff.

Another question, do you speak French with an Allo Allo accent?I started as an apprentice 33 years ago so I know a wee bit, although it's been a huge learning curve since I moved here in 13 years ago as I'm working on projects that are much bigger than anything I did in Edinburgh.

As for the accent, nearly everyone understands me fine but my mates rip the pish non stop. I give as good as I get though.

lapsedhibee
02-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Was she not at Trinity at some point? She got highers and Ainslie Park did not do highers at that time. She was at Pennywell Primary.

Some people born in 1948 who were at Trinity doing Highers:

Girl at top left? :dunno:

Peevemor
02-09-2017, 07:06 PM

Girl at top left? :dunno:Dunno, but is that Kano 4th from the right in the front row?

lapsedhibee
02-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Dunno, but is that Kano 4th from the right in the front row?

Yes, it's him. :wink:

mca
02-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Budgies folly The Perspex Palace

The Perspex palace... :not worth I like it..

Think we need a List of these names - Maybe a Top 10 / or even 100+.. Some of them are too good to forget..

Dr Jimmy
03-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Does anyone know how much it will cost? I heard from a decent source they are £5M over budget already!!

Alan62
03-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I was chatting with the family yams yesterday. They're not really looking forward to playing at Murrayfield but they are very excited about returning to the new look Tynecastle. They think the club is building a stand that's 'exactly the right size'. What size is that then? I asked. What will the capacity be when the work's finished? They BELIEVE that the new stand will increase capacity by 4000 taking the overall capacity to 22,000. The believe this absolutely. Which made me think, are they right? Are we wrong? Does anyone, including the folks actually building the stand, have the slightest idea of how many seats it will have once they eventually arrive on the slow boat from the Far East?

Should we start a sweep on the final number?

Velma Dinkley
03-09-2017, 09:12 AM
I was chatting with the family yams yesterday. They're not really looking forward to playing at Murrayfield but they are very excited about returning to the new look Tynecastle. They think the club is building a stand that's 'exactly the right size'. What size is that then? I asked. What will the capacity be when the work's finished? They BELIEVE that the new stand will increase capacity by 4000 taking the overall capacity to 22,000. The believe this absolutely. Which made me think, are they right? Are we wrong? Does anyone, including the folks actually building the stand, have the slightest idea of how many seats it will have once they eventually arrive on the slow boat from the Far East?

If their capacity was going to be higher than Easter Road's Anne Budge would be mentioning it in every rambling statement she makes.

greenginger
03-09-2017, 09:52 AM

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf

All minimum dimensions of new stand seating are in the Green Guide.

Section 12 , page 116. Row width min. 700 mm and each seat min. 460 mm , but recommends 500 mm because folk are getting bigger.

Does those steps look 700mm wide ? hard to tell.

jacomo
03-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Do we include restricted view seats? If so they might just stumble above the 20k mark.

JohnMcM
03-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Seriously, what the hell is that? Sheet metal?

It's a glorified biscuit tin.

Hope there is a full safety check before it's eventually used.

Look at the bottom step, one of the screws is either loose already or the hole was too big for it to fit in the first place.

Looks like if we take a couple of screwdrivers to our match there we could dismantle the seating during half-time. :lolyam:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Hope there is a full safety check before it's eventually used.

Look at the bottom step, one of the screws is either loose already or the hole was too big for it to fit in the first place.

Looks like if we take a couple of screwdrivers to our match there we could dismantle the seating during half-time. :lolyam:

They will probably ask John Robertson to roll down it. That seemed to be the test that condemned the last one.

Keith_M
03-09-2017, 11:14 AM
I started as an apprentice 33 years ago so I know a wee bit, although it's been a huge learning curve since I moved here in 13 years ago as I'm working on projects that are much bigger than anything I did in Edinburgh.

As for the accent, nearly everyone understands me fine but my mates rip the pish non stop. I give as good as I get though.

If it's any consolation, I speak german like Herr Flick.

-Jonesy-
03-09-2017, 11:48 AM
They will probably ask John Robertson to roll down it. That seemed to be the test that condemned the last one.

HA!!

hibees 7062
03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf

All minimum dimensions of new stand seating are in the Green Guide.

Section 12 , page 116. Row width min. 700 mm and each seat min. 460 mm , but recommends 500 mm because folk are getting bigger.

Does those steps look 700mm wide ? hard to tell.

Anything to do with chips ?

hibees 7062
03-09-2017, 12:26 PM
If it's any consolation, I speak german like Herr Flick.

Or like uncle Albert :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Somebody mentioned the new stand built at Blackpool when they went into the EPL and this is very much like it, except I'm sure the Blackpool stand had a criss cross pattern or something on the decks to make them non slip, if these decks are to stay like that a spilt Bovril or cup of juice will be an accident waiting to happen .... The Blackpool stand had temporary bit of crap written all over it and so does this.

Even with the tiny seats they use in the stands at the PBS this looks like leg room will be non existent and if the roof is to be transparent with all that metal it will surely be like a bloomin' sweatbox when the sun shines during games in July through to September.

On the upside for them it certainly does look like it will be noisy when folk stamp their feet, a bit like putting a stone in an empty tin can, but then I suppose when you don't have a song book all that's left is foot stamping :greengrin

Baker9
03-09-2017, 12:46 PM

Girl at top left? :dunno:

I don't think that's her. I have photos from that time that will include her and I will try to match it. She may have been in the next year's class. The route at that time was Pennywell to Ainslie Park and at the end of the second year a handful of 'A' pupils moved to Leith academy. She would have been in that 'A' stream but she definitely did not go to LA.

At that time, there were nearly 60 pupils in each of two classes who were at the age to go to Ainslie but they simple couldn't take us. A choice was made alphabetically - half went and the other half were there for an either six months or a year. Those of us who went after six months were put into any class that could take us. I went to LA at the start of the third year and was a year older than my classmates. What may have happened to Ann is that her mother may have pushed to get her straight to Trinity. Not entirely on topic but I will post again if I find anything.

Ainslie Park had a bad name and deserved it in part but it was a great school with great facilities and some great teachers who really cared. LA was clinical and academic but great times were had at both.

Mentalbarnett
03-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Do we include restricted view seats? If so they might just stumble above the 20k mark.

Looking at the details on the planning permission it will only be another 2,858 seats from the old stand. It is also worth noting that the plans do not include any dug outs.

Callum7
03-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Because I'm bored and have nothing else to do I did a dot count on Hearts new stand. anyone able to guess the capacity from here?

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

Winston Ingram
03-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Because I'm bored and have nothing else to do I did a dot count on Hearts new stand. anyone able to guess the capacity from here?

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806
Their new capacity will be lower than ours and has been announced. My Jambo pals were a tad disappointed.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Roseburn - 3396
Gorgie - 3300 (not sure if includes seats that were taken away)
Wheatfield - 5902

Total 12,598

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/historytynecastlestadium

Jack Hackett
03-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Their new capacity will be lower than ours and has been announced. My Jambo pals were a tad disappointed.

Is the announced capacity you refer to the original 20,099, or a recently revised more accurate and less wishful thinking and fanciful figure?

Iggy Pope
03-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Somebody mentioned the new stand built at Blackpool when they went into the EPL and this is very much like it, except I'm sure the Blackpool stand had a criss cross pattern or something on the decks to make them non slip, if these decks are to stay like that a spilt Bovril or cup of juice will be an accident waiting to happen .... The Blackpool stand had temporary bit of crap written all over it and so does this.

Even with the tiny seats they use in the stands at the PBS this looks like leg room will be non existent and if the roof is to be transparent with all that metal it will surely be like a bloomin' sweatbox when the sun shines during games in July through to September.

On the upside for them it certainly does look like it will be noisy when folk stamp their feet, a bit like putting a stone in an empty tin can, but then I suppose when you don't have a song book all that's left is foot stamping :greengrin

Checkerplate. For future reference. Not that it should be enough in this instance.

The treads can't be allowed to stay like this. Imagine, Auld Anne. She's had a few medium size glasses of Blue Nun and a plate of chips. Feeling a wee bit bandy following the lengthy de-brief last night with the "manager". And still in her best court shoes and twinset. But Fatty Foulkes has pished the steps in front of her......

Jack Hackett
03-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Checkerplate. For future reference. Not that it should be enough in this instance.

The treads can't be allowed to stay like this. Imagine, Auld Anne. She's had a few medium size glasses of Blue Nun and a plate of chips. Feeling a wee bit bandy following the lengthy de-brief last night with the "manager". And still in her best court shoes and twinset. But Fatty Foulkes has pished the steps in front of her......

:tee hee:

An all too plausible scenario :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM

On the upside for them it certainly does look like it will be noisy when folk stamp their feet, a bit like putting a stone in an empty tin can, but then I suppose when you don't have a song book all that's left is foot stamping :greengrinBlackpool had a grid pattern and the temporary stand was referred to as temporary if I recall correctly

Bostonhibby
03-09-2017, 02:41 PM

The treads can't be allowed to stay like this. Imagine, Auld Anne. She's had a few medium size glasses of Blue Nun and a plate of chips. Feeling a wee bit bandy following the lengthy de-brief last night with the "manager". And still in her best court shoes and twinset. But Fatty Foulkes has pished the steps in front of her......Encapsulated the current surfaces potential in one[emoji106]

greenlex
03-09-2017, 02:45 PM

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

Roseburn - 3396
Wheatfield - 5902

Total 12,598

That would make it 18404 which would be absolutely hilarious.

Deansy
03-09-2017, 02:52 PM

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

Are the seats with a 'Restricted-view' included in these figures ?

Callum7
03-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Are the seats with a 'Restricted-view' included in these figures ?

yes they are.

Callum7
03-09-2017, 02:58 PM
That would make it 18404 which would be absolutely hilarious.

Funny you say that...

As you see I am very bored.
T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

V - 621
W - 634
X - 597
Y - 643
Z - 765

TOTAL - 3,260

A - 972
B - 794
C - 802
D - 720
E - 818
F - 790
G - 970

TOTAL - 5,866

H - 771
J - 732
K - 733
L - 712
M - 758

TOTAL - 3,706

GRAND TOTAL - 18,638

Mr White
03-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Funny you say that...

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

V - 621
W - 634
X - 597
Y - 643
Z - 765

TOTAL - 3,260

A - 972
B - 794
C - 802
D - 720
E - 818
F - 790
G - 970

TOTAL - 5,866

H - 771
J - 732
K - 733
L - 712
M - 758

TOTAL - 3,706

GRAND TOTAL - 18,638

Well they'll be glad to finally have a stadium with a bigger capacity than Kilmarnock's at least.

greenlex
03-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Funny you say that...

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

V - 621
W - 634
X - 597
Y - 643
Z - 765

TOTAL - 3,260

A - 972
B - 794
C - 802
D - 720
E - 818
F - 790
G - 970

TOTAL - 5,866

H - 771
J - 732
K - 733
L - 712
M - 758

TOTAL - 3,706

GRAND TOTAL - 18,638
Brilliant. This is now fact.

Ozyhibby
03-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the figure for premium seats is 800

Col2
03-09-2017, 04:01 PM
So they are spending c £15m and counting to increase the capacity by 10%. And it's a cheapo finish with a 60's style glassfront that looks nothing like the artists imorrsssions.

And it's going to be over 2 months late and counting.

Wow. Just wow.

At least it isn't the gullible 'Famous' supporters who have contributed.......

kaimendhibs
03-09-2017, 04:43 PM

The treads can't be allowed to stay like this. Imagine, Auld Anne. She's had a few medium size glasses of Blue Nun and a plate of chips. Feeling a wee bit bandy following the lengthy de-brief last night with the "manager". And still in her best court shoes and twinset. But Fatty Foulkes has pished the steps in front of her......[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Alan62
03-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Funny you say that...

T - 1,220
S - 720
R - 812
PREMIUM - 300
Q - 836
P - 750
N - 1,168

TOTAL - 5,806

V - 621
W - 634
X - 597
Y - 643
Z - 765

TOTAL - 3,260

A - 972
B - 794
C - 802
D - 720
E - 818
F - 790
G - 970

TOTAL - 5,866

H - 771
J - 732
K - 733
L - 712
M - 758

TOTAL - 3,706

GRAND TOTAL - 18,638

I wonder how I should broach this with the family yams?

Coco Bryce
03-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know how much it will cost? I heard from a decent source they are £5M over budget already!!

It's definitely about £15m+ at the moment :agree:

Source : someone working on it.

fat freddy
03-09-2017, 06:04 PM
I wonder how I should broach this with the family yams?

Break the new very gently, they are a tad sensitive at the moment, any more bad news could cause serious long term damage to their collective mind set.
I mentioned a few problems they are having with the construction as I was hearing lots of gossip from reliable sources who are involved in the abonimation they call an architectural marvel.
My disclosure led to several re quotes over on brick a back. Some of them doubted my info and started crying. one particular blouse screamed through his snotters and tears that no one was calling me out for telling fibs. Fortunately other posters on here have backed up everything I said and some have added further info.
In the interests of their sanity I will be keeping any further gossip I hear to myself, my intention wasn't to upset them, I was just sharing what I heard with fellow posters on here, I wasn't aware that so many of them were so emotionally damaged. They really shouldn't pop over here if they want soothing, sugar sprinkled fairytales about their stand. They should just stick to The Evening News.

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 06:07 PM
So what do we believe the finished Tynie capacity is?

Callum7
03-09-2017, 06:08 PM

I’m sticking with 18,638.

fat freddy
03-09-2017, 06:08 PM
It's definitely about £15m+ at the moment :agree:

Source : someone working on it.

I'm hearing £16 million but could be £20 million if Anne decides to put a few more toilets in

Keith_M
03-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Just over 19k.

I'll go with 19,062

Coco Bryce
03-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Break the new very gently, they are a tad sensitive at the moment, any more bad news could cause serious long term damage to their collective mind set.
I mentioned a few problems they are having with the construction as I was hearing lots of gossip from reliable sources who are involved in the abonimation they call an architectural marvel.
My disclosure led to several re quotes over on brick a back. Some of them doubted my info and started crying. one particular blouse screamed through his snotters and tears that no one was calling me out for telling fibs. Fortunately other posters on here have backed up everything I said and some have added further info.
In the interests of their sanity I will be keeping any further gossip I hear to myself, my intention wasn't to upset them, I was just sharing what I heard with fellow posters on here, I wasn't aware that so many of them were so emotionally damaged. They really shouldn't pop over here if they want soothing, sugar sprinkled fairytales about their stand. They should just stick to The Evening News.

I've also had loads of info regarding the construction of this monstrosity. Some of it is hard to believe to be honest.

fat freddy
03-09-2017, 06:20 PM
I've also had loads of info regarding the construction of this monstrosity. Some of it is hard to believe to be honest.

Yip, I heard something last week that was quite worrying, so much so that I wont repeat it on here as it could get me into trouble if my source is mis informed. No doubt, it is being built in an unusual manner and there is genuine problems with the schedule.
They should have went to Barr and just left it to the experts. This thread wouldn't exist if they just built it in the conventional manner.

andyf5
03-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Yip, I heard something last week that was quite worrying, so much so that I wont repeat it on here as it could get me into trouble if my source is mis informed. No doubt, it is being built in an unusual manner and there is genuine problems with the schedule.
They should have went to Barr and just left it to the experts. This thread wouldn't exist if they just built it in the conventional manner.

What is it they have done that is not conventional?

Famous Fiver
03-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Freddie, keep posting. Your information is invaluable, and accurate.

I've still got loads of popcorn to get through.

Tick Tock

Coco Bryce
03-09-2017, 06:44 PM

I agree. Failing to appoint a proper company to oversee this build rather than keeping it in house to save costs is really gonna cost them in the long run.

Coco Bryce
03-09-2017, 06:48 PM

For a start, the on-site Health & Safety is very very relaxed. Not got the proper PPE that's OK just try and mind bring it tomorrow :wink:

jacomo
03-09-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the figure for premium seats is 800

If this is right, we have a grand total of 19,138 seats.

Any advances?

Billy Whizz
03-09-2017, 06:54 PM
If this is right, we have a grand total of 19,138 seats.

Any advances?

Old Capacity was 17420. How much is that for each new seat

fat freddy
03-09-2017, 06:58 PM

I cant say as it would compromise my source and he might not have a job in the morning. This thread is being monitored and the trade that my source is working with would be under suspicion if I was to divulge any more. I'll post up anything else I hear as long as its just general cock ups

Coco Bryce
03-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I cant say as it would compromise my source and he might not have a job in the morning. This thread is being monitored and the trade that my source is working with would be under suspicion if I was to divulge any more. I'll post up anything else I hear as long as its just
general cock ups

And there will be many over the next weeks & months.

Callum7
03-09-2017, 07:00 PM

Assuming it’s costing £14m so far for every new seat (roughly 5,806) that would cost £2,411 per seat.

Morganleith
03-09-2017, 07:10 PM

So you've been told some worrying news that you can't say from a source you can't name ? Im already looking forward to hearing the next scoop

IGRIGI
03-09-2017, 07:21 PM
So it's 14+ million for a ***** version of Rugby Park?

As the yams would say, pleasing 😁

Radium
03-09-2017, 07:22 PM

Based on those figures, £8,149 per additional seat

jacomo
03-09-2017, 07:28 PM
So you've been told some worrying news that you can't say from a source you can't name ? Im already looking forward to hearing the next scoop

That's the spirit.

fat freddy
03-09-2017, 07:31 PM

Told you it was being monitored.

Hello, Special Agent Morganleith. I will have an exclusive for you tomorrow. I expect a re quote on yakback within 10 minutes of my revelation. My source is in deep cover and will be sending the lastest worrying info via carrier pigeon once it is safe to do so.

hibby6270
03-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Assuming it’s costing £14m so far for every new seat (roughly 5,806) that would cost £2,411 per seat.

You could look at this slightly different.

The increase in capacity is 1718 if we use the figures quoted above.
That means that on a £14m (min) spend each new additional seat is costing £8150.
Even if the original new capacity of 20,099 was achieved, the calculation would work out at £5225 per new seat.

Now - assuming these new seats (1718) are all taken, at an average of £25 per game with a minimum 19 home league games, increased income for the season is £816,050. You could add Cup games but these are few and far between over at Tynie these days!!

OK - there will be add-ons like programmes, merchandise, hospitality, and of course - chips - that will boost that total to nearer £1m per season but surely the bulk of that will go towards repaying the initial £14m+ outlay. That'll take a few years!!

Not sure what all this proves other than another angle to prove that the outlay for the new stand will be a mill stone (or us that a £14mill stone) round their necks for a good while to come.

Ricky Bobby
03-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Looking at the pictures of the new decking going in,this has the look of a temporary stand.
Is this the way new stands are put up (Tottenham,Liverpool),or as it looks,the cheap option?

GreenCastle
03-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Looking at the pictures of the new decking going in,this has the look of a temporary stand.
Is this the way new stands are put up (Tottenham,Liverpool),or as it looks,the cheap option?

Liverpool only used 7 rows of it and 1500 seats worth as a solution to an area where it needed to be lighter.

The big question is cost of this compared to other options. Was it cheaper or more expensive - hence added costs?

Majority of new builds are still concrete - San Jose used it but maybe climate and design had something to do with it.

The companies website has examples of others - but I still believer they are doing this so long term they can sell it to someone else as it can be reused. Going green - saving the planet and all that..

Mibbes Aye
03-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Hello, Special Agent Morganleith. I will have an exclusive for you tomorrow. I expect a re quote on yakback within 10 minutes of my revelation. My source is in deep cover and will be sending the lastest worrying info via carrier pigeon once it is safe to do so.

Keep posting what you feel is safe to post, FF.

If it comes to it then just PM :greengrin

O'Rourke3
03-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Looking at that new picture is that not the seats?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

speedy_gonzales
03-09-2017, 07:58 PM
For a start, the on-site Health & Safety is very very relaxed. Not got the proper PPE that's OK just try and mind bring it tomorrow :wink:
I noticed in a couple of pics posted that guys are working at height, with harnesses but their lanyards are hooked on to themselves rather than a secure anchor point.
Nothing unusual there though as most scaffolders do the same,,,,not the smartest of trades!

Ricky Bobby
03-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Liverpool only used 7 rows of it and 1500 seats worth as a solution to an area where it needed to be lighter.

The big question is cost of this compared to other options. Was it cheaper or more expensive - hence added costs?

Majority of new builds are still concrete - San Jose used it but maybe climate and design had something to do with it.

The companies website has examples of others - but I still believer they are doing this so long term they can sell it to someone else as it can be reused. Going green - saving the planet and all that..

Thanks for that.

green leaves
03-09-2017, 08:45 PM
3k posts on hearts stand?
Why is .net obsessed with the gunts?
Why not post about Hibs?

03-09-2017, 08:46 PM

Official or actual?

crewetollhibee
03-09-2017, 08:48 PM

It will be safe when you see a plant-pot with a flag in it, sat on your source' s balcony 😉

Ozyhibby
03-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Why not post about Hibs?

There's more humour to be found in their stand. [emoji3]

Pete
03-09-2017, 08:57 PM

That's not you pouring scorn again, is it?

I'm sure whatever it is will be more accurate than the information from your "mate" who insisted that it was all going according to plan.

Morganleith
03-09-2017, 09:03 PM
That's not you pouring scorn again, is it?

I'm sure whatever it is will be more accurate than the information from your "mate" who insisted that it was all going according to plan.

:wink:

greenginger
03-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Why not post about Hibs?

You've made 67 posts in 10 years .

You could post more often on your chosen topics. :greengrin

Radium
03-09-2017, 09:06 PM

That means that on a £14m (min) spend each new additional seat is costing £8150.
Even if the original new capacity of 20,099 was achieved, the calculation would work out at £5225 per new seat.

Now - assuming these new seats (1718) are all taken, at an average of £25 per game with a minimum 19 home league games, increased income for the season is £816,050. You could add Cup games but these are few and far between over at Tynie these days!!

OK - there will be add-ons like programmes, merchandise, hospitality, and of course - chips - that will boost that total to nearer £1m per season but surely the bulk of that will go towards repaying the initial £14m+ outlay. That'll take a few years!!

Not sure what all this proves other than another angle to prove that the outlay for the new stand will be a mill stone (or us that a £14mill stone) round their necks for a good while to come.

The question that will probably never be answered is why now?

Financially it is stretching them to at least the limit.

Gut instinct is they got a heads-up that safety certificate would not be granted sometime in the near future.

As such the cost is based on whole stand as old one was heading to zero capacity.

Like many, the jambos I have spoken to hate the prospect of playing at Murrayfield. Cringe at how the build is being managed and simply can't wait for it to be finished.

Peevemor
03-09-2017, 09:46 PM
By way of comparison, here's how the East at ER looked in May 2010

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?t=182008

and then less than 4 months later

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8933064.stm

I appreciate that Hearts still had their old death trap to demolish at the end of last season, but it should be remembered that a lot of the new structure was already in place.

It just goes to show what a grumble and grunt they've made of the first phase, ie. the bums on seats part, of the new Tinnycastle.

seanshow
03-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I heard something on the radio yesterday that the hearts supporters can buy a three game package for Murrayfield for £40.
But the away fans will pay £29 a skull, is that not pushing the spfl rules on pricing somewhat?

This may have been discussed previously dunno.....

Peevemor
03-09-2017, 09:49 PM
I heard something on the radio yesterday that the hearts supporters can buy a three game package for Murrayfield for £40.
But the away fans will pay £29 a skull, is that not pushing the spfl rules on pricing somewhat?

This may have been discussed previously dunno.....I don't think so. It's like a mini season ticket.

Bostonhibby
03-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Why not post about Hibs?Happily .net is one of those sites where it's possible to do both but you've got to admit the stand shambles is a stand out subject for a bit of entertainment throughout the year.

Tornadoes70
03-09-2017, 09:57 PM

The yams were constantly mentioned throughout yesterdays BBC sportsound. It started on Cowan's show with their guest speakers being wait for it - Barry Ferguson and Colin Cameron with the financially doping won by spending way out-with their means 5-1 SC Cup final being referred to by Cowan when it wasn't even being spoken about generally. Cowan himself mentioned the cheated to cup win in absence of it being within the conversation.

Later that same day BBC sportsound had a 30 minute piece about ex yam David Templeton with many a reference to the yams. Just a few minutes after they had ex yam Kevin Kyle on with again references to the yams. Cowan later went on to mention the yams were playing at Murrayfield and referred to the package for yams and went on to encourage the yams to take up the package.

I was all yammed out by the end of listening to a BBC sportsound yamfest of which I thought Biscuits must be the fat controller in charge of overall content now or some other yam.

One day soon I'm going to note down the amount of times BBC sportsound mentions the yams compared to the other clubs in Scotland. Its a tiring yamfest just now unfortunately.

Criswell
03-09-2017, 10:05 PM
According to someone on this thread they are giving away free tickets to the games at Murrayfield. Must be the sort of thing big clubs do!

CapitalGreen
03-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Why not post about Hibs?

During the festival I saw a stand up who spent most of his show telling jokes about Donald Trump. Now I'm not obsessed with the US President but it was hilarious to watch somebody rip the pish out of him.

Same rules apply here.

jacomo
03-09-2017, 10:52 PM
By way of comparison, here's how the East at ER looked in May 2010

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?t=182008

and then less than 4 months later

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8933064.stm

I appreciate that Hearts still had their old death trap to demolish at the end of last season, but it should be remembered that a lot of the new structure was already in place.

It just goes to show what a grumble and grunt they've made of the first phase, ie. the bums on seats part, of the new Tinnycastle.

But that's because we demolished the old East during the season and played in front of three stands.

Silly Yams thought they could do it oh so better...

You pay your money and you make your choices...

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Why not post about Hibs?

Its not the only thread on here mate. The trouble just now is apart from the actual performance of the team and the individual players within it there isn't really a lot going on at Hibs ..... we are well run, have record season ticket holders and had a good transfer window ... there's only so much you can post about that stuff, so like me folk turn to this highly amusing subject for a bit of light relief and lets face it, it never fails to deliver :greengrin

Peevemor
03-09-2017, 11:56 PM
But that's because we demolished the old East during the season and played in front of three stands.

Silly Yams thought they could do it oh so better...

You pay your money and you make your choices...Hearts last match last season was on May the 7th, almost 4 months ago. At that point The rear (highest) part of the stand structure was built and the big truss was in place.

Hibs built the East (after demolition) in 4 months.

They've titted about with their 60s retro facade and their "piazza" instead of concentrating on getting the stand ready to watch matches.

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2017, 12:48 AM

i'm sure it was £60 so £20/game, and £29 for the sheepies, hertz obviously want the away fans to start paying towards the new pink stand at the PBS as well now

FilipinoHibs
04-09-2017, 04:11 AM
Its not the only thread on here mate. The trouble just now is apart from the actual performance of the team and the individual players within it there isn't really a lot going on at Hibs ..... we are well run, have record season ticket holders and had a good transfer window ... there's only so much you can post about that stuff, so like me folk turn to this highly amusing subject for a bit of light relief and lets face it, it never fails to deliver :greengrin

Yes this thread plus the Hearts manager, we are going bust plus we tried to stop Romanov threads will keeping us laughing for years. They are a pure shambles.

andyf5
04-09-2017, 05:26 AM

I reported a potential H& S problem to them yesterday and they weren't bothered. Picture of end of stands yesterday looks different to design - they have orange instead of the pink ( Lord Roseberry's colour?). Here is design http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts-new-stand and here is yesterday

Jones28
04-09-2017, 05:58 AM
The yams were constantly mentioned throughout yesterdays BBC sportsound. It started on Cowan's show with their guest speakers being wait for it - Barry Ferguson and Colin Cameron with the financially doping won by spending way out-with their means 5-1 SC Cup final being referred to by Cowan when it wasn't even being spoken about generally. Cowan himself mentioned the cheated to cup win in absence of it being within the conversation.

Later that same day BBC sportsound had a 30 minute piece about ex yam David Templeton with many a reference to the yams. Just a few minutes after they had ex yam Kevin Kyle on with again references to the yams. Cowan later went on to mention the yams were playing at Murrayfield and referred to the package for yams and went on to encourage the yams to take up the package.

I was all yammed out by the end of listening to a BBC sportsound yamfest of which I thought Biscuits must be the fat controller in charge of overall content now or some other yam.

One day soon I'm going to note down the amount of times BBC sportsound mentions the yams compared to the other clubs in Scotland. Its a tiring yamfest just now unfortunately.

When you start noting down the amount of time a radio show focusses on one team take a deep breath and go to the pub instead.

Aldo
04-09-2017, 06:11 AM
3k posts on hearts stand? Why is .net obsessed with the gunts? Why not post about Hibs?

It's simple really..... They have made such a song and dance about this new Megastand it's like they are the first to dimwit.

Total and utter debacle and it goes from one saga to another!

If they had just knocked it down folk really wouldn't have been bothered!

So they are now well over budget have forgotten to order stuff, there are restricted view seats, and the capacity will be even less then the 20,099.

Which is all very pleasing!

So in. Word it's like a soap opera that has so many twists and turns it's really laughable at the amateurish approach to save money!

WhileTheChief..
04-09-2017, 07:30 AM

One day, if im really, really bored , I'm going to count how many times you used the word 'yam' in your post. Painful reading.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2017, 08:19 AM
It's simple really..... They have made such a song and dance about this new Megastand it's like they are the first to dimwit.

Total and utter debacle and it goes from one saga to another!

If they had just knocked it down folk really wouldn't have been bothered!

So they are now well over budget have forgotten to order stuff, there are restricted view seats, and the capacity will be even less then the 20,099.

Which is all very pleasing!

So in. Word it's like a soap opera that has so many twists and turns it's really laughable at the amateurish approach to save money!

PS, don't mention the much acclaimed Castle view (that actually isn't), I think you got away with it there:wink:

-Jonesy-
04-09-2017, 09:01 AM
One day, if im really, really bored , I'm going to count how many times you used the word 'yam' in your post. Painful reading.

12, including two yamfests

Sioux
04-09-2017, 09:40 AM
This thread should be closed. Here lies the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. A Hibby said so!

"I spoke to someone today who is heavily involved in a certain part of the main stand build. He is a massive Hibs fan. His description of the plans/work all ready carried out - Absolutely stunning design, the finished stand will be like nothing Scottish football has seen, the views from the restaurant are stunning. All on target for new schedule, ground/first floor will be finished and their will be no issue with new date set for first game.

I trust him 100% and he was pishing himself when i showed him the stuff on .net, embarrassing were his words."

Surely this is an undercover wind up?

lapsedhibee
04-09-2017, 09:43 AM
This thread should be closed. Here lies the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. A Hibby said so!

"I spoke to someone today who is heavily involved in a certain part of the main stand build. He is a massive Hibs fan. His description of the plans/work all ready carried out - Absolutely stunning design, the finished stand will be like nothing Scottish football has seen, the views from the restaurant are stunning. All on target for new schedule, ground/first floor will be finished and their will be no issue with new date set for first game.

I trust him 100% and he was pishing himself when i showed him the stuff on .net, embarrassing were his words."

Some of it's true.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2017, 09:52 AM

Surely this is an undercover wind up?They've sorted the view out then?

The council must have agreed to put the castle on stilts after all.

GreenOnions
04-09-2017, 10:08 AM

I see what you're saying but I think the underlying assumption you're making is that the capital cost of the project is debt that has to be repaid once the stand is complete.

I have not kept up to date on the funding sources for this throwback of a building but, as far as I'm aware, a significant chunk of the cost is being met from donations. You could talk about "opportunity cost" but, in reality, the extent to which the cost of the stand will restrict them financially in the future will be determined only by the proportion of the costs met by borrowing IMHO. That's the amount of the construction cost that has to be paid back.

Crazyhorse
04-09-2017, 10:19 AM
They've sorted the view out then?

The council must have agreed to put the castle on stilts after all.

No it's simpler than that they are going to knock down the High School and any other building that blocks a view of the castle for the chip munching clientele of the streetview lounge.

Crazyhorse
04-09-2017, 10:24 AM

Has the ring of truth doesn't it? No one does denial quite like the jambos...

Ryan69
04-09-2017, 10:24 AM
According to someone on this thread they are giving away free tickets to the games at Murrayfield. Must be the sort of thing big clubs do!

They will do whatever it takes to have the highest attendance in Edinburgh in how many years....

Its a big club thing.

southern hibby
04-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Don't give two hoots about their new stand or owl sale. Even if it's the best stand with the attendance to 25,000 couldn't care.

However what I do love is that it's comedy like non other. I mean the fringe was supposed to finish late August and yet it's still going strong in gorgie. If we wind up just 1 yam with comments on here then it's job done, they're biting and they don't like it that we know how much they're as thick as mince with Bisto added if they believe the stuff coming from the PBS command centre.

Please keep your DD coming in and getting no shares back for them, please keep your head in the sand reference your team and stadium etc. keep believing your stadium will be awesome and the best thing since slice bread. Keep believing we ( Hibs) are on the verge of administration.

I believe your the team and fans that keep giving Edinburgh an extended fringe show.

GGTTH

Crazyhorse
04-09-2017, 10:26 AM
They will do whatever it takes to have the highest attendance in Edinburgh in how many years....

Its a big club thing.

And then back to their little Rugby Park size stadium for ever.

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM
hopefully a few missiles get launched at the glass windows on it when we play them

SuperAllyMcleod
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM

A couple of weeks back the Off the Ball two hour show had Darren Jackson and the later one and a half hour show had David Farrel as their guests for the whole show.

Time to relax and realise they can't always talk about Hibs.

I'm_cabbaged
04-09-2017, 10:33 AM
hopefully a few missiles get launched at the glass windows on it when we play them

Hopefully not!! You for real?

greenginger
04-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Has the ring of truth doesn't it? No one does denial quite like the jambos...

I seem to remember they were still posting on Yakback about there being no chance of them going into administration .... 24 hours after BDO had been appointed.

There is a denial gene inherent in the Jambo mentality.

rodhibs55
04-09-2017, 10:34 AM
We got plenty mentions on sky on Friday night at the Scotland game. Including a piece at the training center where Super John and Whitty got beat 3-0 by Big Dave and Vik.

Kato
04-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Brilliant. There's been a few "denials" on this thread too (Hiya, Morganleith, hiya pal) which have turned to dust. Time will tell with these claims, on both sides. We've went from denials that there were any delays straight to announcements of "time-scale changes". The bit in bold is, errrm bold.

jgl07
04-09-2017, 10:36 AM
It would be bloody stupid for Hearts to do such a thing as if the crowd goes above 18,000 they will be paying extra rental money to the SRU for every ticket.

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Hopefully not!! You for real?

yes mate im for real they wreck our ground we wreck there ground lets get our support back to the old days hated by everyone and nice and hostile to other fans I think we have became to soft and a family club its wrong

Ozyhibby
04-09-2017, 10:39 AM
A couple of weeks back the Off the Ball two hour show had Darren Jackson and the later one and a half hour show had David Farrel as their guests for the whole show.

Time to relax and realise they can't always talk about Hibs.

This Darren Jackson? [emoji6]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170904/38c245261f0fa9ef41a657df5135062d.jpg

GreenCastle
04-09-2017, 10:40 AM

Nah..bad chat..

Would rather we just turn them over at their own place and laugh at all the fans in the new tin pot stand as well as rest of the stadium.

Danderhall Hibs
04-09-2017, 10:41 AM

I started doing that a week or 2 ago - really going big on the "yam" stuff for some reason.

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Nah..bad chat..

Would rather we just turn them over at their own place and laugh at all the fans in the new tin pot stand as well as rest of the stadium.

each to there own pal I think it would be funny HAIL HAIL

lapsedhibee
04-09-2017, 10:48 AM
yes mate im for real they wreck our ground we wreck there ground lets get our support back to the old days hated by everyone and nice and hostile to other fans I think we have became to soft and a family club its wrong

See post #3211, and particularly the bit about yams being "thick as mince".

CropleyWasGod
04-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Hysterical.

Keith_M
04-09-2017, 10:50 AM

I think you're on your own there and can I be the first to say...

...byeeeee!

:bye:

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2017, 10:57 AM

i think you've been here before

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 10:57 AM
I think you're on your own there and can I be the first to say...

...byeeeee!

:bye:

am I not aloud to have an opinion mate?

don't know what your problem is mate im just posting like everyone else but because it doesn't agree with your thoughts its not aloud

Silky slivka
04-09-2017, 10:58 AM
i think you've been here before

not at all pal

lapsedhibee
04-09-2017, 11:08 AM

don't know what your problem is mate im just posting like everyone else but because it doesn't agree with your thoughts its not aloud

It is, but only if you do it quitely.

Aldo
04-09-2017, 11:17 AM

What a stupid comment to make. That could potentially cause injuries and I don't want anyone that does it even suggests anything of this nature associated with the club.

Aldo
04-09-2017, 11:18 AM

Stupid post #2

The type of supporter we don't need

Billy Whizz
04-09-2017, 11:21 AM
not at all pal

If they do, Hibs will know who to the direct the bill too

jacomo
04-09-2017, 11:21 AM

You are advocating smashing up a rival's stadium?

Either you're not very bright or one of them (or both, of course).

Bolt.

hibeerealist
04-09-2017, 11:50 AM
it is, but only if you do it quitely.

quietly (with a whoosh!)

G B Young
04-09-2017, 12:30 PM
22nd August: "You'll notice a huge difference in the next ten days".

Here are pics from the day she made that statement 15 days ago. Anyone got any pics from today to illustrate the 'huge difference'?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20882944_10154972965898434_8394870386469374828_n.j pg?oh=20948fe0b21ae9a40a1da90f79340923&oe=5A27D8B0

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170820/96d60aca47ba8e174a195a2c3d48c293.jpg

Keith_M
04-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Five days to go until the stand is almost completely ready for use, with only the seats missing.

Can't wait to see that

FilipinoHibs
04-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Brilliant. There's been a few "denials" on this thread too (Hiya, Morganleith, hiya pal) which have turned to dust. Time will tell with these claims, on both sides. We've went from denials that there were any delays straight to announcements of "time-scale changes". The bit in bold is, errrm bold.
This is contrary to lots of inside stories stating many instances of the shambles of this project never mind the pictures. I smell a Yam here. Let the fun continue.

--------
04-09-2017, 12:49 PM

LTYF. :rolleyes:

Peevemor
04-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Roseburn - 3396
Wheatfield - 5902

Total 12,598

OK, using the latest plans from the CEC site, I've quickly calculated that there is in the region of 6970 seats in their new stand, including wheelchair spaces. I didn't count them but used Autocad (I took the area of a block of 280 seats, then worked out the total seated area and calculated proportionally the total number, then added wheelchair spaces, etc.) it took me all of 2 minutes, but if someone wants to count they can.

There doesn't seem to be any allowance made for the press box, directors' box, camera emplacements, etc. so the figure will probably reduce.

This would give a new capacity of 19568 (maximum).

Morganleith
04-09-2017, 01:01 PM
The stand was to be ready but the seats debacle obviously changed that as was reported. The reason it's not ready as per recent pictures is that as a result of the seats not arriving the build schedule changed. There's a lot of internal work that goes on in projects as well as external. I believe for instance that there will be some corporate lounges available in November now instead of next January as the build program was rearranged given the delay.

jacomo
04-09-2017, 01:02 PM
The stand was to be ready but the seats debacle obviously changed that as was reported. The reason it's not ready as per recent pictures is that as a result of the seats not arriving the build schedule changed. There's a lot of internal work that goes on in projects as well as external. I believe for instance that there will be some corporate lounges available in November now instead of next January as the build program was rearranged given the delay.

Bless.

FilipinoHibs
04-09-2017, 01:02 PM
OK, using the latest plans from the CEC site, I've quickly calculated that there is in the region of 6970 seats in their new stand, including wheelchair spaces. I didn't count them but used Autocad (I took the area of a block of 280 seats, then worked out the total seated area and calculated proportionally the total number, then added wheelchair spaces, etc.) it took me all of 2 minutes, but if someone wants to count they can.

There doesn't seem to be any allowance made for the press box, directors' box, camera emplacements, etc. so the figure will probably reduce.

That's it then the small minded team with the small honking stadium.

Peevemor
04-09-2017, 01:07 PM
The stand was to be ready but the seats debacle obviously changed that as was reported. The reason it's not ready as per recent pictures is that as a result of the seats not arriving the build schedule changed. There's a lot of internal work that goes on in projects as well as external. I believe for instance that there will be some corporate lounges available in November now instead of next January as the build program was rearranged given the delay.That's all well and good, but it isn't the same contractors. Surely they could have done both simultaneously? Instead it looks like the stand part is well behind.

Peevemor
04-09-2017, 01:09 PM

1931319314By way of comparison, their super duper mega bus shelter will have a massive 570 seats (maximum) more than our East.

Bostonhibby
04-09-2017, 01:12 PM

All good then:aok:

Same source as last time, just before Mrs Budges announcement? Hope so as we depend on this type of reliability to keep the laughter level up and the thread going.

Kato
04-09-2017, 01:12 PM
The stand was to be ready but the seats debacle obviously changed that as was reported.

But the delay was reported on here before the official announcement of the seat debacle and you were proved wrong that there were "no delays".

Why should you be believed now?

Jones28
04-09-2017, 01:17 PM

😂😂😂

Get tae

scoopyboy
04-09-2017, 01:24 PM

Were you no the boy that told us everything was on schedule for opening on 9th September when every man and his dug new better?

Kato
04-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Were you no the boy that told us everything was on schedule for opening on 9th September when every man and his dug new better?

He "believes" though, mate. Says so in his post, so reality doesn't enter the equation.

Morganleith
04-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Well if they can't get seats in then better to prioritise other parts of the build ?