PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Hibbycol
26-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Knowing Hearts, the seats will be extra small so that they can pack extra people into their substandard edifice. They are unlikely to be available off the shelf.

I don't believe for one moment that seats are the cause of the delays. The stand looks nowhere near complete from the pictures I have seen and the scheduled looked impossible.Freely available lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/49b3818d7fd83e9e0005b321f2a3c311.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
26-08-2017, 11:57 AM
The stand that keeps on giving!

I think you mean 'taking' :greengrin

Keith_M
26-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Great post - sums it up nicely. The Yams are like Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army, dull and boring, who only generate amusement through their incredible pomposity.

They are digging themselves into a deeper financial hole through the chronic maladministration of building a straightforward bog-standard stand, while still trying to talk it up as if it stands comparison to the ludicrous pipe dream of the Romanov era. They've learned little from those days, still a sniveling, deluded irrelevance, other than jest value.

Both of them claim to have won two World Wars.

Eyrie
26-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Freely available lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170826/49b3818d7fd83e9e0005b321f2a3c311.jpg

Minimum order 1000 pieces.

So that will be 1000 in red, 1000 in pale red, 1000 in dark red, 1000 in pink, 1000 in sort-of-purple and 1000 in maroon. It's the last that's caused the delay - the supervisor in the factory looks at the finished product, comments that there must be a problem when mixing the colour because no-one would want something that looks like a burst haemorrhoid, and then scraps that production run so they have to start again.

It took five attempts before the supervisor would accept that was the colour the crazy old woman actually wanted.

Hibbycol
26-08-2017, 03:07 PM

So that will be 1000 in red, 1000 in pale red, 1000 in dark red, 1000 in pink, 1000 in sort-of-purple and 1000 in maroon. It's the last that's caused the delay - the supervisor in the factory looks at the finished product, comments that there must be a problem when mixing the colour because no-one would want something that looks like a burst haemorrhoid, and then scraps that production run so they have to start again.

It took five attempts before the supervisor would accept that was the colour the crazy old woman actually wanted.Burst haemaroid, ooh, dry boak imagining that 🤢

Fife-Hibee
26-08-2017, 03:24 PM

It took five attempts before the supervisor would accept that was the colour the crazy old woman actually wanted.

😂

Joe6-2
26-08-2017, 07:33 PM
There's a few folk have been questioning why there is such discussion on here regarding the Yams new stand. I've probably said this before, but in all honesty I don't think most Hibs fans would have been all that bothered about the subject if it wasn't for the typical excess of hot air blowing from the west of the city regarding anything they do, and this stand is no different.

In all honesty I couldn't give a rats ass if the bus shelter's capacity was bigger than Easter Road's. But because they love their 'big team, wee team' boast it has to be a cause of hilarity to any Hibby that when its finished their stadium will still be smaller than Easter Road ...... not because it matters to us, but because it so clearly matters to them.

They came up with fanciful drawings of beautiful curved glass curtain walls which would make the new stand the envy of Scottish football and in typical Yam fashion boasted about setting standards for the future ..... what they are delivering is a 1970s office block, which under any circumstances would be more than acceptable when you look at most Scottish grounds .... But because its them they just cant help gilding the Lily, even before the event ( with a prime example being the Sky View lounge with sweeping views towards the castle, which turns out to have nothing of the sort )
When this is finished most Yams are going to have the same look on their face as David St Hubbins from 'Spinal Tap' did when that tiny Stonehenge mock up dropped from the ceiling onto the stage as everybody else falls about laughing.

As a club they have worked extremely hard to reinvent themselves since administration, its all about setting standards for the rest of us to envy and follow ... convoluted sickly attempts to copy Barcelona by engineering a 'Save the Children' sponsorship .... press conferences to announce the living wage .... allowing the media to report FOH as a successful example of fan ownership when as things stand its nothing of the sort and worse trying to make it look like some sort of great idea they came up with, rather than what it actually was, a final throw of the dice born of necessity in order to save the club. .......... They are like the sanctimonious ex smoker of Scottish football.

No ... this lot, instead of going about their business quietly, have tried to portray themselves as the acme of how to run a football club since they disgraced themselves and their fans have never managed to embrace the required decent period of humility that would have been appropriate following their spectacular fall from grace, especially when it comes to their attitude towards us. Is it any wonder we fall about laughing when football's example promise the Taj Mahal and deliver a TESCO and forget to order seats for this wonder of the world.

I hope this thread runs to 1000 pages .... its not like its gonna be short of materiel :greengrin

Brilliant!!

Joe6-2
26-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Burst haemaroid, ooh, dry boak imagining that 🤢

I did laugh out loud, then boaked!!

Crazyhorse
26-08-2017, 09:53 PM
That is something I raised weeks ago, the rake of the stand suggests there will be a very small run-off at the side f the pitch.

Yeah that's what I meant I thought (judging by some pictures put up on here) the angle isn't as steep on what is laughably called the 'lower tier' which makes it look like the front row will almost be on the touchline.

ancient hibee
26-08-2017, 10:50 PM
£75k per match roughly.
Hearts pay policing and stewarding costs as they would've done anyway, albeit the costs might've slightly higher if the attendance is bigger than a Tynecastle.
Additional income, such as food, is kept by the SRU.
Hospitality is kept by the SRU and only a limited number of suites are available for Hearts to use.

Did Hearts or the SRU tell you this?

Just Alf
27-08-2017, 07:10 AM
£75k per match roughly.
Hearts pay policing and stewarding costs as they would've done anyway, albeit the costs might've slightly higher if the attendance is bigger than a Tynecastle.
Additional income, such as food, is kept by the SRU.
Hospitality is kept by the SRU and only a limited number of suites are available for Hearts to use.

Did Hearts or the SRU tell you this?

It's close I think... I have had similar(ish) from a Yam source.

It's changed over the last month or so but latest was...
£80k per match with a % of sales over 18000 tickets sold
Police costs up due to layout and will be much higher for The Rangers game
Hospitality is down to what the Yams are willing to pay for with SRU again getting a cut.
All damages/repairs to be paid for.

They're resigned to losing money on this "Murrayfield adventure" as they need circa 30k average attendances to recoup costs, with that just a pipe dream theyre trying to structure ticket costs to maximise attendance to help the atmosphere and to try getting some goodwill back (@ £15 the 30k requirement would be more like 40!)

The above are snippets obtained in the pub after work or in a restaurant, so alcohol is involved etc ... Insert usual disclaimers etc!

Famous Fiver
27-08-2017, 07:39 AM
Surely if they are operating a cheap ticket policy for Murrayfield they will have to reimburse all these muppets paying top dollar who haven't had a home match to watch since April?

Ozyhibby
27-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Surely if they are operating a cheap ticket policy for Murrayfield they will have to reimburse all these muppets paying top dollar who haven't had a home match to watch since April?

They are giving the cheap tickets to season ticket holders @£15 in a bring a friend promotion. This allows them to laugh at the rules that away fans are charged the same as home fans as Aberdeen fans are being charged £28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
27-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Looks like they are charging the Season ticket holders again as they are having to pay for a seat they already technically have paid for. Am I reading that correctly?

greenginger
27-08-2017, 09:07 AM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/message.aspx?key=MESSAGE_unhandlederror

Looks like their ticket site has crashed.

Doubt it was because of an overload of Yam ticket buyers.

bruno
27-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Looks like they are charging the Season ticket holders again as they are having to pay for a seat they already technically have paid for. Am I reading that correctly?

No
Season ticket entitles as you would expect a ticket with no extra charge for murrayfield
Season ticket holders can buy an extra ticket for 15 quid
Season tickets mirror mostly where your ticket is at tynecastle so mine is main stand half way line at murrayfield which is where I will sit when new stand is built at tynecastle

HappyAsHellas
27-08-2017, 10:31 AM
No
Season ticket entitles as you would expect a ticket with no extra charge for murrayfield
Season tickets mirror mostly where your ticket is at tynecastle so mine is main stand half way line at murrayfield which is where I will sit when new stand is built at tynecastle

What, Muddyfield - can't say I blame you

AltheHibby
27-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Bruno, thanks for that. However, it still looks like season ticket holders are paying full price for their seats, and only get a bargain for any friends they bring along? As an accountant, the bring a friend rate would be no use to me. 😁

Skol
27-08-2017, 11:58 AM
I went past the new half built stand this morning and I just laughed. This is supposed to be the most impressive new stand in the country with some kind of a glass curtain that is the biggest ever. I presume no Hearts fan has ever ventured to Cameron Toll, or indeed any shopping centre or variety of other new build schools, etc

Honestly, there was nothing there that made it look even remotely like a sporting arena. Then again, its Hearts and so its not for sporting events !

The Falcon
27-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Bruno, thanks for that. However, it still looks like season ticket holders are paying full price for their seats, and only get a bargain for any friends they bring along? As an accountant, the bring a friend rate would be no use to me. 😁

It might also be unlikely that you would be going there unless Hibs were there?

You must be saving plenty by not being a Yam and having no pals................:greengrin

AltheHibby
27-08-2017, 02:09 PM
It might also be unlikely that you would be going there unless Hibs were there?

You must be saving plenty by not being a Yam and having no pals................:greengrin

😀 saving a lot of money compared to the family yam who bought 2 sets of nothing, I mean shares, from Mr Romanov and now pays 2 direct debits.

As he still comes out with the big team rubbish I have zero sympathy for him.

andybev1
28-08-2017, 07:26 PM
I came across this thread when looking for something unrelated - quite funny to see what they were saying about our new stand 7 years ago, all bull as you will see..... http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68682-now-correct-me-if-im-wrong/

macca70
28-08-2017, 10:37 PM
No

Love this, so as a loyal season ticket holder you get rewarded with the kick in the teeth that your mate that comes to the odd games when he fancies, gets a ticket for £15, which is cheaper than the price per game on your season ticket.

Carheenlea
29-08-2017, 08:34 AM
I stumbled across this FB page which is posting regular pictures of progress

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539

Must have been someone from here enquiring about when the big screens were being installed..

MartinfaePorty
29-08-2017, 08:54 AM
The last guy to post in that is someone I've known for years through work. Decent guy, but does see things through a skewed Jambo perspective.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
29-08-2017, 10:33 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/b3cf36f54e181e2e3ccfd86346736624.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/e06067df0fc45bf6b010f4c97c48e1c4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/116fc815a2b886d9c35ab65dde0dfd12.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/35f5649f2baf81e671d35983bc1abb12.jpg
Tincastle this morning. If only those seats had arrived they would be good to go a week on Saturday against Aberdeen. [emoji23]

Pretty Boy
29-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Tincastle this morning. If only those seats had arrived they would be good to go a week on Saturday against Aberdeen. [emoji23]

The groundbreaking, first ever, once in a lifetime 'glass curtain' looks a bit like the office block from the opening sequence of The Office.

It probably would have had people staring in amazement in about 1965.

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 10:51 AM
The groundbreaking, first ever, once in a lifetime 'glass curtain' looks a bit like the office block from the opening sequence of The Office.

In reality thats what they have built, a bog standard shell of a stand with a office block attached at the back of it.

Keith_M
29-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Ah but according to the Evening News, they're completely on schedule... going by their revised timetable.

That's a bit like me saying that I'm not overweight for my height, my weight is exactly as planned for when I get 6 inches taller.

jacomo
29-08-2017, 10:54 AM

ST holders are used to being asked to dig a bit deeper when their club needs them. This is true at all clubs.

Hertz do lean on their supporters a lot though, and have a history of not following through on their promises.

Will they start to get upset that the 'fan-owned' model they were promised is as far away as ever?

fat freddy
29-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Slow progress, very slow, this wont be ready til November at the earliest, probably December if they continue with current pace.

Springbank
29-08-2017, 11:10 AM

So, in honour of David brent, can we nickname the inhabitants of that stand (when it's eventually complete) as the b-rent Boys?

AltheHibby
29-08-2017, 11:18 AM
ST holders are used to being asked to dig a bit deeper when their club needs them. This is true at all clubs.

Hertz do lean on their supporters a lot though, and have a history of not following through on their promises.

Will they start to get upset that the 'fan-owned' model they were promised is as far away as ever?

Good points there. Thanks for answering.

FilipinoHibs
29-08-2017, 11:25 AM
I came across this thread when looking for something unrelated - quite funny to see what they were saying about our new stand 7 years ago, all bull as you will see..... http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/68682-now-correct-me-if-im-wrong/

Joined they let me in ! If only they knew! Put in a subtle tongue in cheek comment . Not wised up yet.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
29-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Joined they let me in ! If only they knew! Put in a subtle tongue in cheek comment . Not wised up yet.

The difference is we made no bones about the fact that we went for cheap and basic with the East - it is a basic design, and it is a shell with minimum fit-out.

Of course, it cost only slightly more than the additional overspend they habe on their 'greatest stand ever built' - its not about cost, as much as it is about value and expectation.

Wr opportunistically built a cheap, basic stand to take advantage of the slump in the construction industry amd got it at near enough cost price. We have all the facilities we need in the other three stands.

Peevemor
29-08-2017, 12:29 PM
The difference is we made no bones about the fact that we went for cheap and basic with the East - it is a basic design, and it is a shell with minimum fit-out.

Of course, it cost only slightly more than the additional overspend they habe on their 'greatest stand ever built' - its not about cost, as much as it is about value and expectation.

Wr opportunistically built a cheap, basic stand to take advantage of the slump in the construction industry amd got it at near enough cost price. We have all the facilities we need in the other three stands.

What they're building is effectively a mirror image of the Wheatfield, albeit with a slightly shallower rake - therefore a few extra rows of seats. The problem with single tier stands is the lack of usable space below (the difference in level between two tiers gives an extra level/floor of accommodation).

Hibs have plenty usable space under the North, West & South stands - the existing stands at Tynie have far less. In addition Hearts had to demolish their administration/shop building to make room for the new stand (seated part) thus the need to build the sticky out bit facing the street.

The fact that both the club and the fans are making a big song and dance about their curved curtain wall is what's pretty pathetic. It'll look fine but, as we've seen, it's nothing special and far from being innovative it's nothing more than a necessity.

If you look at how badly the other 3 stands have weathered (especially compared to ER) it's surprising that none of them are questioning the almost identical construction used for the new stand. Add to that their choice of metal profiles instead of concrete for their seat decking and you have to ask yourself what it'll look lke in 10-15 years time.

At least the curtain wall won't look any more outdated than it already does.

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Its quite surprising ( well, not really ) the number of posts on Sickbag comparing the ER east stand apple with the PBS main stand orange. What Hibs needed was a basic but modern functional replacement for the old east ... that's exactly what we got, the views are great, the bogs are way better than the 3 existing PBS stands, the leg room is better, the seats are adult sized, the surfaces are non slippy, the capacity is bigger than their equivalent stand, not that it would matter to anybody but them, and it enabled Hibs to permanently do away with the 20th century concept of corner floodlight pylons

Their new stand has to accommodate the vast majority of their administrative and corporate facilities and is the only part of their stadium where it was possible to push the overall capacity up to 20,000 .... this has lead Yams to boast about having the biggest main stand outside of Glasgow and that the stand will be 'UEFA compliant' ..... A bit like telling the guy across the road that your 4 bedroom house is better than his 5 bedroom house because you have a bigger living room and boasting that you own a Ferrari even though you have been banned from driving :greengrin

southsider
29-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Pointless to compare their new stand with our East. Its their main stand so you have to compare it to our West Stand (my wedding venue) which is pretty impressive. You can see the pitch whilst over there some seats cant actually see the goals and there is not a hope in hell of it being ready this year. Squad of brickies just walked off site as better money elsewhere. Shambles.

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I still dont understand the metal flooring being laid, that CANT be the final flooring for it surely? it would be a very hazardous set of steps and walkways if they kept it like that. Imagine a little rain and its a death trap, a little rain in the winter and freezing conditions, a death trap.

And the sturdiness of such floring with seats and banisters bolted on combined with your average 20st Jambo jumping up and down on it id be *****ing it if I were sitting in there. Has this been discussed at all over their or am I being naive as to the structures strength :confused:

Does any other stand in a sports ground have this?

Moulin Yarns
29-08-2017, 01:02 PM
I still dont understand the metal flooring being laid, that CANT be the final flooring for it surely? it would be a very hazardous set of steps and walkways if they kept it like that. Imagine a little rain and its a death trap, a little rain in the winter and freezing conditions, a death trap.

And the sturdiness of such floring with seats and banisters bolted on combined with your average 20st Jambo jumping up and down on it id be *****ing it if I were sitting in there. Has this been discussed at all over their or am I being naive as to the structures strength :confused:

Does any other stand in a sports ground have this?

Yes, the other 3 at Tynie

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Yes, the other 3 at Tynie

They are concrete. I am talking about the decking for the seats currently being laid are made of steel, or at least some kind of metal. The decking for the seats in the other stands are concrete like every other stadium I have been in :confused:

Iain G
29-08-2017, 01:28 PM
They are concrete. I am talking about the decking for the seats currently being laid are made of steel, or at least some kind of metal. The decking for the seats in the other stands are concrete like every other stadium I have been in :confused:

Is it not just grey pre-cast concrete units? Hard to tell from the photos...

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 01:37 PM

It may well be but im sure the pictures posted last week a few pages back suggested they were metal

Ozyhibby
29-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Def not concrete. It's a metal/polymer lightweight material.

SuperAllyMcleod
29-08-2017, 02:40 PM

The picture from behind the goal really confirms the restricted view. It even looks like the floodlight pylon will restrict some seats seeing the goal!

Mr_F
29-08-2017, 02:45 PM
That really is horrible looking. Nothing to do with Hibs-Hearts rivalry, that's just downright stinkin'. Add in they're going to have a load of restricted view seats in their new state of the art stand just tops it off...

Phannies

Peevemor
29-08-2017, 02:51 PM
The picture from behind the goal really confirms the restricted view. It even looks like the floodlight pylon will restrict some seats seeing the goal!

I take it you noticed that the goalposts are sitting on the track and not the goal lne? :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2017, 03:07 PM
That really is horrible looking. Nothing to do with Hibs-Hearts rivalry, that's just downright stinkin'. Add in they're going to have a load of restricted view seats in their new state of the art stand just tops it off...

Phannies

Will it be the worlds biggest chip shop when complete? :dunno:

What gets me is that people (humans with eyes!) have sat in a room, looked at that design and thought - yup, that's exactly what we want.... :aok: A 1970's office block... :cb

jacomo
29-08-2017, 03:14 PM
I hope Budgie and co will have a ceremony next week to celebrate the completion (minus seats) of the stand.

Iain G
29-08-2017, 03:22 PM
I hope Budgie and co will have a ceremony next week to celebrate the completion (minus seats) of the stand.

Waiting for the release of the commemorative DVD and BluRay titled "Stand and Deliver"

Iain G
29-08-2017, 03:24 PM

Sounds cheaper than nice proper concrete, so how come it's so over budget?!? Big team = big budget overrun?

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2017, 03:39 PM

It's maybe reversible, like the blousons.

That would double its lifespan.

They're no daft :agree:

greenginger
29-08-2017, 04:48 PM

There was a trailor load of the stuff in mcleod street this afternoon. definitely steel ,made by Intelligent Engineering Ltd.

http://www.ie-sps.com/sectors/stadia

The stuff was used on the new Liverpool stand.

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 05:29 PM
just watched the stv sport on Harry potter and budge blah blah blah, any way ,the camera angles on the reporter talking about new incumbent , I thought to myself ,what a lot of blind spots and restricted viewing from all the stands ,and also the decrepit over all state of the Shi........ole, well place ,or is it just moi being biased ?

Keith_M
29-08-2017, 05:33 PM
just watched the stv sport on Harry potter and budge blah blah blah, any way ,the camera angles on the reporter talking about new incumbent , I thought to myself ,what a lot of blind spots and restricted viewing from all the stands ,and also the decrepit over all state of the Shi........ole, well place ,or is it just moi being biased ?

You're just a jealous Hobo.

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 05:38 PM
You're just a jealous Hobo.aye and your a jamrag spying on the chosen[emoji34]

Jack
29-08-2017, 05:45 PM
There was a trailor load of the stuff in mcleod street this afternoon. definitely steel ,made by Intelligent Engineering Ltd.

I wonder if they'll mention tincastle in time?

I also read there that the stuff can be easily dismantled and reused elsewhere. A long term plan?

Keith_M
29-08-2017, 05:45 PM
aye and your a jamrag spying on the chosen[emoji34]

:paranoid:

:greengrin

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 05:52 PM
:paranoid:

:greengrinThat's the worse thing any one can call ME ,a hobo !!!!!! jealous of that lot ,choose your weapon ,duel at dawn,or ootside stripped to the waist jukes at the ready. [emoji379] [emoji380] [emoji375] [emoji559] [emoji11]

Keith_M
29-08-2017, 05:56 PM
That's the worse thing any one can call ME ,a hobo !!!!!! jealous of that lot ,choose your weapon ,duel at dawn,or ootside stripped to the waist jukes at the ready. [emoji379] [emoji380] [emoji375] [emoji559] [emoji11]

That sounds like an awful effort.

What about a game of draughts?

Kato
29-08-2017, 06:00 PM

I also read there that the stuff can be easily dismantled and reused elsewhere. A long term plan?

No, they bought it second hand.

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 06:03 PM
That sounds like an awful effort.

What about a game of draughts?chess for me ,intelligent hibby that I am ! check ! your move, and no tiny castle-ing alowed.

Famous Fiver
29-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Saw the new stand during the BBC News clip a few minutes ago.

It was only recently that anyone who dared to suggest that the stand was not going to be ready for for September 9th was ridiculed, accused of being a jealous Hibby, cave dweller, spoon burner, you name it.

Looks to me exactly what it is, a half finished shell. It will take weeks/months to complete it. Let's hope we don't have a wee spell of bad weather.

Executive area facing away from the pitch, police box obscuring the view for many, the way it has been constructed means it will NEVER be EUFA compliant, by their own admission at least £2 mill over budget, plastic seats floating away somewhere on the high seas.

You couldn't make it up.

Sergey
29-08-2017, 06:18 PM

It can and it's still in use.

The company supplied kit for the construction of the Withdean Stadium which was a temporary home for Brighton for a number of years. Once they moved into their new stadium, the Withdean was dismantled. Whitehawk FC (Conference South) took on some of the temporary seating and the R&A use some of it at golf tournaments.

Deansy
29-08-2017, 06:35 PM

But what about his unbelieveable interview -

'During my time as Director of Football I've built the club up into what it is now, as you can see - fairly healthy'

If Potter's mind-set is typical of the average Jambo then that'll explain why they see their new stand as something to boast about whilst everyone else can see it for what it is - gash !!

Aldo
29-08-2017, 06:39 PM
You're just a jealous Hobo.

You forgot 1-5 190... No wait

SuperAllyMcleod
29-08-2017, 07:55 PM
I take it you noticed that the goalposts are sitting on the track and not the goal lne? :greengrin

I'd love to say that I'd noticed that and was only having a laugh - but no, I didn't. [emoji3]

When the goals are in the correct position they are so close to the stand that the stantions that the nets are tied to are in with the crowd so it's an easy mistake to make.

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2017, 08:13 PM
But what about his unbelieveable interview -

'During my time as Director of Football I've built the club up into what it is now, as you can see - fairly healthy'

If Potter's mind-set is typical of the average Jambo then that'll explain why they see their new stand as something to boast about whilst everyone else can see it for what it is - gash !!

Didn't see the interview but that's quality - "fairly healthy"

:faf:

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I stumbled across this FB page which is posting regular pictures of progress

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539

Must have been someone from here enquiring about when the big screens were being installed..
Someone asked if there is an official opening of the stand (Trojan horse) and they came back November game versus Killie unless there are further issues! Pure comedy gold.

jacomo
30-08-2017, 11:30 AM
As I understand it, November has always been the official opening date for the stand.
It had been hoped that it would have been completed before then.

Not very funny though

Is this when Budge formally anoints herself as Queen of Hearts too?

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 11:39 AM
As I understand it, November has always been the official opening date for the stand.
It had been hoped that it would have been completed before then.

Not very funny though

Only if you are a Jambo and the opeing keeps getting delayed

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Hearts fan i spoke to yesterday heard that they dont expect to play at tynie this year - dont know how true it is, but obviously he has no reason to make it up!

Betty Boop
30-08-2017, 11:41 AM
95 pages on Hearts new stand ? :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Hearts fan i spoke to yesterday heard that they dont expect to play at tynie this year - dont know how true it is, but obviously he has no reason to make it up!No wonder they wont find it funny.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tobias Funke
30-08-2017, 11:46 AM

Would be fair to say the page count would be substantially less if the whole thing wasn't so bloody funny :wink:

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Would be fair to say the page count would be substantially less if the whole thing wasn't so bloody funny :wink:
And still a few months to run. Imagine if we had made the same mess with the West. We would never hear the end of it from them.

Geo_1875
30-08-2017, 11:55 AM

If it had been a properly run project it would hardly have been worthy of comment. As it stands we'll still have months of fun.

30-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Have they got a name for the new stand? Standy McStandface or The Ann Budge (keep the direct debits rolling in, you pay for it, I'll take the credit for it) Legacy Vanity Stand. Any other suggestions?

wallmack
30-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Have they got a name for the new stand? Standy McStandface or The Ann Budge (keep the direct debits rolling in, you pay for it, I'll take the credit for it) Legacy Vanity Stand. Any other suggestions?

'Vlads would have been better' stand?

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 12:22 PM
'Vlads would have been better' stand?Ah the megasuperhotelstadium, self assembly and delivered in a number of cardboard boxes. They swallowed that one and the council even paid for a feasibility study.

For the current effort I'm going for "so much more than a stand".

Which it isn't except for the cost.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sergey
30-08-2017, 12:29 PM

The Facade.

GreenCastle
30-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Craig Levein has already named it himself the Craig Levein Stand.

I'm sure there is a pic floating about of it with his face on it.

Firestarter
30-08-2017, 12:37 PM

The Kiddeon main stand?

StevieT
30-08-2017, 12:41 PM
The Facade.

or The Farcade

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 12:48 PM
or The Farcade

The Farce in 10 acts

surreyhibbie
30-08-2017, 12:52 PM
The "nae seats so we'll have to" stand...

Spudster
30-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Taken from an Aberdeen forum
"As a Dons supporter living in Edinburgh, I have been registered on the Hearts ticket site for a number of years, where I have occasionally bought tickets for Hearts-Aberdeen games, when I could not get away tickets and also to get tickets for my Hearts-supporting brother-in-law, on his trips back from the USA.
I was therefore astonished today, to receive two free, unsolicited, tickets for the Hearts-Aberdeen match at Murrayfield on the 9th Sept.
There was no explanation about why they had been sent.
Are they trying to artificially boost the home support in the huge stadium?
I'm happy to take advantage of their gift, although it is hard to remain subdued when in the midst of opposition supporters!"

Springbank
30-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Given its David Brent credentials, and that it will afford entry to a load of nobs, how about naming their new stand as The Orifice?

SirDavidsNapper
30-08-2017, 01:00 PM

And many more to come. It's comedy gold.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 01:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170830/d68f9cc4d2288e90b65288e8a2a28373.png
Ticket sales more than I thought they would be.

brog
30-08-2017, 01:21 PM
There was an old song called 'The pub with no beer'. It could be updated as 'The stand with no seats'. As for the name, surely it should just be Stand!

30-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Ticket sales more than I thought they would be.

Aren't the Aberdeen fans actively trying to make it their largest away support ever or something?

Shame they can't make the same effort for their home games or semi finals.

Crazyhorse
30-08-2017, 01:30 PM

The Bodge Stand

Tornadoes70
30-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Shouldn't it be called the Turnbulls Tornadoes stand after all they took over and owned the piggery after the greatest game in history 0-7.

On 'sleek glass' reflection maybe they wouldn't want such a carbuncle glass midden of a new stand named after them.

:greengrin

CB_NO3
30-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Can I ask who is funding the 14 million for the stand? Hearts fans claim there will be no mortgage but 14 million has not been raised by FOH so someone needs paid back at some point.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Can I ask who is funding the 14 million for the stand? Hearts fans claim there will be no mortgage but 14 million has not been raised by FOH so someone needs paid back at some point.

A question many of the few smarter Hearts fans have been asking. The funding of the stand has been very opaque.

Kato
30-08-2017, 02:16 PM

They are bragging that there is no mortgage whilst being in a position of no-one willing to give them a mortgage.

Geo_1875
30-08-2017, 02:34 PM
A question many of the few smarter Hearts fans have been asking. The funding of the stand has been very opaque.

As their credit rating is worse than Greece I imagine that suppliers and contractors will have them on a tight payment schedule. Either Budge is paying out of her own pocket or every spare penny from season tickets and FOH is being diverted to fund the stand. Either that or they're expecting a windfall from winning the league cup this year.

surreyhibbie
30-08-2017, 03:03 PM
someone seriously suggested they name one of the stands...

The Poppy Stand !

wonder if they'll pay for it?

unbelievable

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 03:17 PM
someone seriously suggested they name one of the stands...

The Poppy Stand !

wonder if they'll pay for it?

unbelievableSo unfair. They bumped the Macraes Battalion Trust and Big Hearts out of much more money so surely they should be in with a shout?

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 03:39 PM

Being paid up in easy installments I imagine - as the direct debits come in from FOH and ticket money from Murrayfield.

Wouldn't be in the least surprised if the spectre of unpaid wages raises it's head again.

And the poor dears are eagerly waiting to see what the transfer window will bring them. Shame really.

Hibee87
30-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Being paid up in easy installments I imagine - as the direct debits come in from FOH and ticket money from Murrayfield.

Wouldn't be in the least surprised if the spectre of unpaid wages raises it's head again.

And the poor dears are eagerly waiting to see what the transfer window will bring them. Shame really.

Yeah, but who is stumping up the money just now? Since no bank will lend them the money it will need some sort of lump sum to be paid by people. Yes the FOH will pay it back over time but who are they paying it to and for how long? Thats what the hearts fans should be asking.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but who is stumping up the money just now? Since no bank will lend them the money it will need some sort of lump sum to be paid by people. Yes the FOH will pay it back over time but who are they paying it to and for how long? Thats what the hearts fans should be asking.

Like i said, it's being paid in dribs and drabs as the money comes in - haven't you noticed how stop-start the build is? The story about forgetting to order seats was a bit of a fib IMO.

Baader
30-08-2017, 03:55 PM
There was an old song called 'The pub with no beer'. It could be updated as 'The stand with no seats'. As for the name, surely it should just be Stand!

Very apt. It is a comedy club after all...

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 04:25 PM

I would think we will find out soon. Budge can't just ri up a huge debt without permission from FoH and they would then need permission from the members.
I think as soon as the get it operational, they will fess up that they have no money left to complete the internal fit out.

Jack Hackett
30-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Hertz fans? Asking questions?

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hertz fans get telt!

greenginger
30-08-2017, 04:35 PM

If its HOMFC, FOH, or Bidco that is borrowing the money it should appear in their accounts.

CB_NO3
30-08-2017, 04:39 PM
I believe FOH raised 3 million cash which was originally to pay to Budge for the club. That went towards the stand instead. They have somehow raised another 11 million out of somewhere and no one knows where from. I am sure season ticket money and so on contributed but that does not add up to 11 million. Budge has still to get her money back as well for the shares and she is charging 7% interest on her loan.

The next set of legit accounts will be interesting :cb

30-08-2017, 04:47 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-net-3m-from-benefactors-for-new-main-stand-1-4256494/amp

£3m - FoH
£3m - mystery benefactors
£6m - mostly from cash set aside by Hearts.

Would be interesting to know the breakdown of where the £6m came from.

Callum7
30-08-2017, 04:53 PM
So unfair. They bumped the Macraes Battalion Trust and Big Hearts out of much more money so surely they should be in with a shout?

Still unfair on the rest of them. How about the 2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153
A1 Minibus & Coaches £100
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Arnold Clark Finance£6,764
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
AllStar Business Solutions£100
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290
Baltic Clipper£497
Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100
Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970
Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
BIG Hearts Community Trust£589
Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048
Business Line UAB£204,143
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Cameron Presentations£5,406
Campbell Medical Supplies£100
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Charlie Irons Coaches£100
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clearwater Technology£5,156
Clouds£6,870
Coerver Coaching Scotland£949
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
Corona Energy Retail£29,729
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
DJB Fire & Safety Training£48
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Daisy Communications£1,474
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
Fife Imaging Associates£903
Fountain Court Apartments£100
Football Safety Officers£230
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000
Green Star Media£77
Greentech Sportsturf£1,056
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
James Armstrong & Co£1,520
Johnston Carmichael£100
Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410
James Sandison£680
J Thomson Colour Printers£100
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Key Sports Management£23,049
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989
Ian Maclennan£335
McCraes Battalion Trust£100
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790
Michael Page International£100
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
North Lanarkshire Council£100
Northgate Vechile Hire£100
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
Pendrich Height Services£6,552
Performing Right Society£13,995
Pitch International£4,746
PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410
Rapide Communication£176
Respublikos Investicija£62
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Scottish Police Authority£18,585
Savills£20,602
Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454
Scomac Catering Equip.£100
Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544
Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467
Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254
Scottish Gas Business£347
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
Securevent Security£12,309
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Scottish Hydro Electric£139
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Stellar Football Ltd£5,750
Streamline Print Mgmt.£418
Superturas£26,636
Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378
City of Edinburgh Council£90,715
City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Technology Services Group£1,967
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Wallace Brown/Langstane£956
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562. Stand.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 04:58 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-net-3m-from-benefactors-for-new-main-stand-1-4256494/amp

£3m - FoH

Setting aside money they never had in the first place is a pretty neat trick. I wish I could do it.:agree:

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 04:59 PM
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
Baltic Clipper£497
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clouds£6,870
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Green Star Media£77
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
Johnston Carmichael£100
James Sandison£680
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Ian Maclennan£335
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Rapide Communication£176
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Savills£20,602
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Superturas£26,636
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562. Stand.A wee brick with their name stamped on it?
They'd have to pay obviously.

Or how about a bit of collective recognition forever for their contribution to the financial doping years? They could be known as the Gorgie Owls. Highly prized down gorgie way.

Juice-Terry
30-08-2017, 05:00 PM

£3m - FoH

Aye, right.

Aldo
30-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Still unfair on the rest of them. How about the 2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153 A1 Minibus & Coaches £100 ADT Fire£1,033 Ayr United FC£1,750 Arnold Clark Finance£6,764 Allan Dick£50 Alasdair Fraser£528 Ardue House Hotel£180 AllStar Business Solutions£100 Alexander Szaorari£9,100 AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290 Baltic Clipper£497 Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100 Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970 Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000 BOC Gases£490 British Red Cross£76 BT£3,024 British Gas£580 BIG Hearts Community Trust£589 Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048 Business Line UAB£204,143 Cable & Wireless£2,198 James Calcer£1,411 Cameron Presentations£5,406 Campbell Medical Supplies£100 Janette Campbell£100 Cardiac Services£152 Charlie Irons Coaches£100 Chamic£100 Childcare Vouchers£100 B Ciocco£11,469 Citroen£5,232 Clearwater Technology£5,156 Clouds£6,870 Coerver Coaching Scotland£949 Concept Group£841 Copymade Ltd£100 Corona Energy Retail£29,729 The Insolvency Service£0 DJ Alexander£6,323 David Cameron£110 Miss Amal Daher£120 Dataserve UK£160 DC Lighting Services£652 DJB Fire & Safety Training£48 Outfield Harrison£1,816 Daisy Communications£1,474 Ensco 165 £509,464 Eamonn Collins£5,000 Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674 Elite Medicale£222 Ermington Associates£100 Egkijius Valiauga£863 Fife Imaging Associates£903 Fountain Court Apartments£100 Football Safety Officers£230 GF Capital Solutions£337 John Gibson£2,520 Glenham Property£100 Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000 Green Star Media£77 Greentech Sportsturf£1,056 G4S£12,057 GroupCall Ltd.£210 HM Revenue - VAT£0 HM Revenue£1,881,068 Hamilton & Brydie£144 Hectic Life£52 HBJ Gateley Wareing£100 Herriot Watt£145,655 Highlander Kilt Hire£430 Hitachi Capital£7 Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58 Homespring Ltd£499 Sven Housten£40 HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030 Impact Signs£6,499 InterLax£234 Interface En£100 James Armstrong & Co£1,520 Johnston Carmichael£100 Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410 James Sandison£680 J Thomson Colour Printers£100 Kauno Futbolo£13,431 Key Sports Management£23,049 Korelita£52,610 KPMG Hungary£1,190 Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185 Lietuvos Rytas£37 Livingston FC£282 Liverpool FC£46,625 Llyods TSB£17,165 Lex Autolease£1,159 Lochgreen Hotel£510 Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822 Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989 Ian Maclennan£335 McCraes Battalion Trust£100 Dr Carrie McCrea£760 Tony McGill£19,625 Dr Scott McKie£700 McRae of Gorgie£560 Meridan Hospital£790 Dr Andrew Murray£250 Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790 Michael Page International£100 NHS Lothian£75 NHS Fife £739 North Lanarkshire Council£100 Northgate Vechile Hire£100 Nuffield Health£4,645 OG Lawfirm£5,000 Orange£5,896 PHS Group£1,110 Pulsant Scotland£240 Paton Plant Ltd£3,290 Pendrich Height Services£6,552 Performing Right Society£13,995 Pitch International£4,746 PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325 PPL£4,133 Premier Sports£4,836 ProKit£100 ProAmica£34,899 Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410 Rapide Communication£176 Respublikos Investicija£62 Runos Vertimal£43 RWN Orthopaedics£100 Ryden Lettings£100 Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564 Robert Graeme Wilson£150 Spie Matthew£2,436 Spire Healthcare£3,118 Scottish Water£100 Steve Hutchison£3,430 Scottish Police Authority£18,585 Savills£20,602 Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454 Scomac Catering Equip.£100 Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544 Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467 Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254 Scottish Gas Business£347 Scrubbers Laundry£162 SDMS£411 Securevent Security£12,309 SFA£5,011 Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211 Scottish Hydro Electric£139 Jordan Shearer£90 Shred-it£457 Sky Business£100 Slaters£100 SNS Group£1,281 Spectator Seating£13,005 Speedy Power£100 Sportsmasters£1,648 Sporting ID£100 Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700 SRM Hearts£19,853 Scottish Power£100 St Andrews First Aid£364 Stenhousemuir FC£12,900 Stellar Football Ltd£5,750 Streamline Print Mgmt.£418 Superturas£26,636 Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700 T.G Baker Sound£2,656 ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378 City of Edinburgh Council£90,715 City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631 The Edinburgh Clinic£557 Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428 Talk Talk£5,548 The Rangers FC£1,410 Ticketmaster£33,112 TNT UK£8 TNT Post£56 Trichem£1,380 Technology Services Group£1,967 Turnstile Systems£810 UAB litcargus£1,166 UK Football Academy£228 Unum£2,300 UAB Ukio£8,151,497 Veecom Systems£3,525 Viola£290 Vodafone Connect£343 Wallace Brown/Langstane£956 Weatherseal£42 Western Saab£500 Dr David Whitaker£500 Scott Wilson£1,000 Yorkshire Clinic£2,562. Stand.

Utterly disgusting yet most brush it under the cover like it didn't happen!

I for one will never ever forget and when those that I know start mentioning all their Famous pish I just mention the list and I get told I'm being childish and immature and that it was in the past!

I told them part of their history and always will be and got 1-5. Lady Haig poppy fund.... Discussion dead!

They cannot handle it!

NOLA
30-08-2017, 05:08 PM
What's with the Tetris looking thing 🤷🏻*♂️

Hibbycol
30-08-2017, 05:32 PM
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
Baltic Clipper£497
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clouds£6,870
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Green Star Media£77
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
Johnston Carmichael£100
James Sandison£680
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Ian Maclennan£335
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Rapide Communication£176
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Savills£20,602
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Superturas£26,636
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562. Stand.That list should be pinned to our front page to remind the BIG team of their BIG ,and still unpaid debts to honest hard working ordinary people, they (hertz) took those services,rendered in good faith and bumped the lot . The heart and soul of edinburgh !!!! AYE RIGHT ,more like the arruss and hole of edinburgh . What a disgrace of a club ,but you won't hear a peep over on keekboak about them paying that back ,ssshhhh sweep sweep [emoji35]

jgl07
30-08-2017, 06:21 PM
It's self evident that they have borrowed the money from themselves (AKA Budgie).

They will have to back themselves back plus interest. So FoH need to go some to pay it all back and delay this mooted fans' ownership.

Or maybe they have mortgaged the next tens of season ticket income to Ticketus?

HibbyDave
30-08-2017, 06:34 PM
How much cash in hand was shown on the accounts for the year before last?

greenginger
30-08-2017, 06:50 PM
How much cash in hand was shown on the accounts for the year before last?

Their accounts say they had just over £ 5 million cash in the bank at 30th June last year. They also had £2.1 million due to creditors excluding season ticket pre-payments.

fat freddy
30-08-2017, 06:53 PM
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
Baltic Clipper£497
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clouds£6,870
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Green Star Media£77
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
Johnston Carmichael£100
James Sandison£680
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Ian Maclennan£335
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Rapide Communication£176
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Savills£20,602
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Superturas£26,636
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562. Stand.

Hello is that Shred it?

Yes

How much will it cost to shred some invoices we have no intention of paying?

£457

Ok deal, come to tynecastle tomorrow

5000 shredded documents later...can we have our payment please Mr. Southern?

What payment?

For shredding invoices

What invoices?

The invoices you had no intention of paying

Long Pause....

You see where this is going Sir?

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Hello is that Shred it?

Yes

How much will it cost to shred some invoices we have no intention of paying?

£457

Ok deal, come to tynecastle tomorrow

5000 shredded documents later...can we have our payment please Mr. Southern?

What payment?

For shredding invoices

What invoices?

The invoices you had no intention of paying

Long Pause....

You see where this is going Sir?[emoji23]

He probably told them the yams were "self sufficient".

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Their accounts say they had just over £ 5 million cash in the bank at 30th June last year. They also had £2.1 million due to creditors excluding season ticket pre-payments.I don't think it's far-fetched to believe that they did manage to get to the £6m by this summer. Their ST sales were excellent, and the FOH contributions were still buoyant.

And then there was the cup run...2 games against us must have been a wee windfall. [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 06:58 PM
It's self evident that they have borrowed the money from themselves (AKA Budgie).

They will have to back themselves back plus interest. So FoH need to go some to pay it all back and delay this muted fans' ownership.

Or maybe they have mortgaged the next tens of season ticket income to Ticketus?

It isn't really self evident though. AB made a big deal that her contribution to the stand was in forgoing interest payments on her loan for three years.

Why do that when she is in actual fact increasing the amount of the loan? Surely if she wants repaid then people should know about it, shouldn't they?

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I don't think it's far-fetched to believe that they did manage to get to the £6m by this summer. Their ST sales were excellent, and the FOH contributions were still buoyant.

And then there was the cup run...2 games against us must have been a wee windfall. [emoji48]

Yes, but if money from ST sales went towards the stand then they will be in big trouble soon enough.

snedzuk
30-08-2017, 07:10 PM

£3m - FoH

Several thousand pounds - plastic owl.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Yes, but if money from ST sales went towards the stand then they will be in big trouble soon enough.

That's not what I said, though. I was putting forward the view that it's credible that they would have been able to set aside another £2-3m from the season just gone.

£6m or so from ST sales, plus (?) £1.5m from FOH, is a decent start.

I agree, though, that they can't do that every year.

greenginger
30-08-2017, 07:28 PM
That's not what I said, though. I was putting forward the view that it's credible that they would have been able to set aside another £2-3m from the season just gone.

That season they got over £ 1 million selling Sow to China.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 07:30 PM
That season they got over £ 1 million selling Sow to China.

And £3m for Patterson

:cb

Kavinho
30-08-2017, 07:32 PM

Can you break down how you think 6m reserves could have been built up over however long since coming out of admin?

I don't dredge through the accounts but can't see how they've set aside that level of cash. Usually a club works to their budgeted income - basically STs and telly money?

Haven't they spent all their income on dud loanees ? - whilst (excepting 1m for Sow), they've not really managed to sell on much talent* for big money

* .... no explanatory note required for this!

blindsummit
30-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Found a picture of the new main stand front entrance.......

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Can you break down how you think 6m reserves could have been built up over however long since coming out of admin?

I don't dredge through the accounts but can't see how they've set aside that level of cash. Usually a club works to their budgeted income - basically STs and telly money?

Haven't they spent all their income on dud loanees ? - whilst (excepting 1m for Sow), they've not really managed to sell on much talent* for big money

* .... no explanatory note required for this!

Whatever else is being thrown at her, Budge is no fool. She knew that the stand would need replacing soon, and that will have been central to her long-term budgeting.

For that reason, they didn't go overboard with buying and paying players when they came out of admin. For that first season, they played with cheap kids, in front of large crowds, with a relatively cheap manager. With a few exceptions, they kept that model in their first season back in the top league.

On top of that, they've had the thick end of (?) £4m from FOH. And, apart from the interest on AB's loan, no pesky loans or overdrafts to service. Sow must have been an unexpected windfall.

It's been decent housekeeping that's allowed them to set aside a bit of cash. That said, I'm sure they would have budgeted for Paterson and Walker generating a few million, so it hasn't all gone to plan... hence the masked benefactor.

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 07:40 PM
And £3m for Patterson

:cb£4k for a plastic owl this season, does that make a difference?

CA Hibby
30-08-2017, 07:43 PM

When you click on that link the picture in the top right hand corner is the San Jose Earthquakes stadium that i sit in most weekends, and i can assure you its not concrete flooring but some kind of a polymer resign floor

GreenCastle
30-08-2017, 07:48 PM
When you click on that link the picture in the top right hand corner is the San Jose Earthquakes stadium that i sit in most weekends, and i can assure you its not concrete flooring but some kind of a polymer resign floor

Whats it like? Having been to some stadiums in USA they have used similar and when you bang feet it can make quite a noise.

Liverpool used it for 7 rows - 1500 seats of their new stand.

The challenge is in the winter when it's wet and possibly icy how it will hold.

Kato
30-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Their accounts say they had just over £ 5 million cash in the bank at 30th June last year. They also had £2.1 million due to creditors excluding season ticket pre-payments.

So, just over £5M minus the £2.1 due to creditors, that would leave them with just over £5 million.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Whatever else is being thrown at her, Budge is no fool. She knew that the stand would need replacing soon, and that will have been central to her long-term budgeting.

For that reason, they didn't go overboard with buying and paying players when they came out of admin. For that first season, they played with cheap kids, in front of large crowds, with a relatively cheap manager. With a few exceptions, they kept that model in their first season back in the top league.

On top of that, they've had the thick end of (?) £4m from FOH. And, apart from the interest on AB's loan, no pesky loans or overdrafts to service. Sow must have been an unexpected windfall.

It's been decent housekeeping that's allowed them to set aside a bit of cash. That said, I'm sure they would have budgeted for Paterson and Walker generating a few million, so it hasn't all gone to plan... hence the masked benefactor.

I'm sorry, but AB not being a fool and AB having the expertise so turn round a basket-case of a business are not one and the same thing.

In fact, according to her they adopted CL's money earning scheme of buying quality players in order to sell at a profit (it's in maybe her 3rd or 4th last mega update).

So if, as you say, they have set aside a bit of cash it isn't just decent housekeeping it is close on the miraculous. Something that I would like to see proof of tbh.

CA Hibby
30-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Whats it like? Having been to some stadiums in USA they have used similar and when you bang feet it can make quite a noise.

Liverpool used it for 7 rows - 1500 seats of their new stand.

The challenge is in the winter when it's wet and possibly icy how it will hold.

To be honest in California it never gets that cold, and SJE are not really the stamping crowd..lol. They have about 500 ultras that do the signing and the noise generated tends to be the noise that echos back from the roof.The floor its not as Tiny (sp) as people think, the thick plastic coating that is in place over the flooring dulls any sound. (The sound does not travel well in the stadium) It really is just cantilever sheets laid on girders and bolted together. Very Maccado and very easy to move

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry, but AB not being a fool and AB having the expertise so turn round a basket-case of a business are not one and the same thing.

In fact, according to her they adopted CL's money earning scheme of buying quality players in order to sell at a profit (it's in maybe her 3rd or 4th last mega update).

So if, as you say, they have set aside a bit of cash it isn't just decent housekeeping it is close on the miraculous. Something that I would like to see proof of tbh.They had half of the cash in the 2016 accounts. Add the windfall of the Sow money, and the FOH cash, and they're virtually there.

Arch Stanton
30-08-2017, 08:27 PM
They had half of the cash in the 2016 accounts. Add the windfall of the Sow money, and the FOH cash, and they're virtually there.

Except that they started ST sales mid May so all season ticket sales, apart from renewals for the Main Stand, would be included in last years accounts. They're only virtually there if they can forgo a great deal of this years ticket income.

Biggie
30-08-2017, 08:27 PM
So, just over £5M minus the £2.1 due to creditors, that would leave them with just over £5 million.

:tee hee::tee hee:

CB_NO3
30-08-2017, 08:30 PM
They had half of the cash in the 2016 accounts. Add the windfall of the Sow money, and the FOH cash, and they're virtually there.

I still see a shortfall of at least 4 million. Add the fact that Budge is still to get her 3 million for saving the club.

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I still see a shortfall of at least 4 million. Add the fact that Budge is still to get her 3 million for saving the club.Sorry, we're talking about the 6m that they claim to have contributed from their own resources, not the full cost of the stand.

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2017, 09:25 PM
A wee brick with their name stamped on it?
They'd have to pay obviously.

Or how about a bit of collective recognition forever for their contribution to the financial doping years? They could be known as the Gorgie Owls. Highly prized down gorgie way.

The biggest creditor is mssing. The Lithuanian gov £70 mill of debt wrtite off and debt to wortless equity conversions. From Mercer to Romanov. Least ee forget their ill gotten gains.

monktonharp
30-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Wow. They owed but never paid the cops 18k ! And still they get the service, which we all pay for indirectly for.

ancient hibee
30-08-2017, 09:38 PM

A mystery masked benefactor? Clearly the Loan (Ar)Ranger.Hi Ho Silver!

Kavinho
30-08-2017, 09:39 PM

Cheers Crops.

Are we not double counting that FOH money though, as its covered separately with the named 3m?

I thought c125k a month was quoted giving 1.5m per year.
Don't see how that makes c6m(?) of total DDs

Could be missing something obvious!

Kato
30-08-2017, 09:47 PM

Just like the jambos, bud.

mca
30-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Halal.. Chips.... WHY did Hibs not think of this First... Petrie.. :grr:

stantonhibby
30-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Halal...is it meat you"re looking for.

Tornadoes70
30-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Halal...is it meat you"re looking for.

I could see it in your pies.....

Bostonhibby
30-08-2017, 10:02 PM
I could see it in your pies.....That pie looks lonely, will you be having gravy too?

CropleyWasGod
30-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Cheers Crops.

Are we not double counting that FOH money though, as its covered separately with the named 3m?

I thought c125k a month was quoted giving 1.5m per year.
Don't see how that makes c6m(?) of total DDs

Sorry, they had £3m a year ago, plus £1m for Sow and £1.5m from FOH since then.

That's the alleged situation as of this summer, ie the Club's claimed £6m. The other £3m from FOH will come over the next 2 years, when (originally) they had been expecting to take control of the Club.

I think.....:rolleyes:... it's late.

greenginger
30-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Sorry, they had £3m a year ago, plus £1m for Sow and £1.5m from FOH since then.

That's the alleged situation as of this summer, ie the Club's claimed £6m. The other £3m from FOH will come over the next 2 years, when (originally) they had been expecting to take control of the Club.

I think.....:rolleyes:... it's late.

I thought the deal was the first tranche of FoH cash was used to payoff football creditors and pay Budge's legals buying the club.

The next two years the cash went to working capital, ie its already spent.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2017, 11:45 PM
I thought the deal was the first tranche of FoH cash was used to payoff football creditors and pay Budge's legals buying the club.

Yes, the £3m from FoH is this years and next years money.
They have £3m from mystery benefactors (so much for transparency in Scottish football).
They had about £3m in reserves. This is largely the obvious two years FOH money they received for working capital which they prudently did not spend.
They were £3m short which I think they were hoping to fill the gap with the sales of Patterson and Walker. They will be lucky to get £1m.
That still leaves them with a £2m shortfall plus there has been a further £2m added to the cost of the stand so that leaves them around £4m short.
There is unlikely to be any reserves this year as the FoH money is now spoken for and Hearts have had an expensive year with a large turnover of players.
The shortfall in funding will be interesting.

Col2
31-08-2017, 12:04 AM
They have £3m from mystery benefactors (so much for transparency in Scottish football).
They had about £3m in reserves. This is largely the obvious two years FOH money they received for working capital which they prudently did not spend.
They were £3m short which I think they were hoping to fill the gap with the sales of Patterson and Walker. They will be lucky to get £1m.
That still leaves them with a £2m shortfall plus there has been a further £2m added to the cost of the stand so that leaves them around £4m short.
There is unlikely to be any reserves this year as the FoH money is now spoken for and Hearts have had an expensive year with a large turnover of players.

I think it could be closer to £5-£6m gap as I believe stand costs will be closer to £15-£16m when finished due to delay and likely increased costs.

Ozyhibby
31-08-2017, 06:40 AM
I think it could be closer to £5-£6m gap as I believe stand costs will be closer to £15-£16m when finished due to delay and likely increased costs.

I think you could be right but I stuck with what we know from the very little statements released by the yams.

ian cruise
31-08-2017, 07:26 AM

Mystery benefactors? Hiya Ticketus!

lapsedhibee
31-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Mystery benefactors? Hiya Ticketus!

'twould be funny as, but aren't the Rosebery family involved? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 08:52 AM

That was my instinct. Pretty sure they were mentioned on here before, albeit that could have been a rumour.

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 08:58 AM

... but, as per my previous post about housekeeping, perhaps they haven't spent all of the W/C? It's the only way they could get to the £6m, ......without additional "external" (ie AB) funding

Edit.. just had a quick squint at the 2016 accounts. Their W/C was £1.5m more in 2016 than it was in 2015. That suggests that they didn't spend it all, and that they were able to squirrel most of it away.

greenginger
31-08-2017, 09:39 AM

Don't think the " cash-strapped " Rosebery family will be bailing out HOMFC any time soon.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/aristocrats-sell-20m-turner-to-save-dalmeny-house-1-3535396

That photo makes them look like they are on their uppers. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Don't think the " cash-strapped " Rosebery family will be bailing out HOMFC any time soon.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/aristocrats-sell-20m-turner-to-save-dalmeny-house-1-3535396

Mind you, there cant be many folk who can raise near enough fifty million quid in seven years by selling a couple of pictures .... they might have had some sketches in the attic worth three million.

Perhaps the Budge got on the blower to his lordship and promised to release a bogging forelock tugging homage to his family in the form of that awful away top in return for the money .... I can see it now:

Tynecastle 01/11/18 ......... Ann Budge statement:

Fanz will be delight to see the new stand finally 'all but' finished, we are aware that this was suposed to hapen a year ago but the club no you ( the fanz ) will understand that as the glas started falling out of the windows a deelay was reekwired to enable us to order the right sise .... we also share the fanz annoyanse at the further delay cause by the fact that when the seets did finally arrive they were wider than the ten inch ones we had piked from the katalog.
At this point we must also exspres our dissapointment at Edinburgh council who took far too long to consider our reekwest for demolishun of Tynecastle High Skool, leaving us with a very short period of time to implument our plan 'B' answer to the lack of the promised vyoo of the castle from the Sky Vyoo lounge by raising the floor three feet on sinder bloks.

Fanz will be aware that we have been aproached by a number of massive multy nashunal corpurashuns asking us to grant them naming wrights for the new stand ( who they were is confudenshul ) but that is not how we operate here, tradishun is far more importent to us than money and therefour when the new stand is opend to the publik for our vital top of the championchip clash with Dumbarton this Saturday I will be calling forward club manager Jim Jefferies and his grase Lord Primrose shrubbery hardy annual the third to cut the ribbun ....... declaring the new 'Lord Roseburry' stand open.

Ann

PS ...... Fanz yoozing the Sky Vyoo lounge are reminded too wach their heds with the seeling.

RoxburghHibs
31-08-2017, 11:49 AM
"I grew up watching Hearts and for them to come in with an offer for me, it's a dream come true really," Callachan told Hearts TV.

This is a quote on the BBC article so confused as to if he supports Hibs or Hearts?

Keith_M
31-08-2017, 11:57 AM

That and begging the fans for money to buy the club, which they then spent on a new stand instead. However, if Hearts Fans are happy with that, then fair enough.

I don't think anybody can question where they got the first part of the money for the new stand, it's where the rest is going to come from that's a bit of a puzzle. I've got a feeling there's going to be another loan from a 'mystery benefactor' (i.e. Budge)

Coco Bryce
31-08-2017, 12:11 PM
The new stand is defo in the £15-£16m range now. Overtime and delay costs are firing this up weekly.

Just wait till the internals start...

lapsedhibee
31-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Don't think it in any way follows that if you sell something for £20m you're "cash-strapped" - that's just EEN idiocy. I think they're the loan arrangers. :agree:

31-08-2017, 12:21 PM
"I grew up watching Hearts and for them to come in with an offer for me, it's a dream come true really," Callachan told Hearts TV.

This is a quote on the BBC article so confused as to if he supports Hibs or Hearts?

I grew up watching Hearts too, in a way.

Ozyhibby
31-08-2017, 01:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/c00c0cc77918b1fea2ac5ad36be24855.png
They are a bit slow catching on over on kickback.[emoji23]

GreenCastle
31-08-2017, 02:06 PM

From the Budge statement on 4th July...

One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.

..........................Looks to me like a lot still has to be done before the 9th - maybe a roof and the front section of the stand for a starter :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 02:07 PM
That and begging the fans for money to buy the club, which they then spent on a new stand instead. However, if Hearts Fans are happy with that, then fair enough.

I don't think anybody can question where they got the first part of the money for the new stand, it's where the rest is going to come from that's a bit of a puzzle. I've got a feeling there's going to be another loan from a 'mystery benefactor' (i.e. Budge)

Agreed.

But there's some (particularly on here) who don't believe that they even have the £6m. Given their history, that's understandable.

jacomo
31-08-2017, 03:22 PM

One of the key things I would ask you to note is that the headlines which talk about “delays to the completion of the new Tynecastle Main Stand” are incorrect. Our overall plans remain on schedule. What has changed is the phased delivery dates and what will be delivered in the various phases. Everything that was due to be delivered by 9th September will still be delivered by then, with the exception of the installation of the seats.

..........................Looks to me like a lot still has to be done before the 9th - maybe a roof and the front section of the stand for a starter :greengrin

She's lying through her (false) teeth.

But, as we all know, you can tell the Yams anything and they will believe it.

fat freddy
31-08-2017, 03:51 PM

So in the next nine days they are going to have all the seating plinths in place in the upper tier, all the steel erected and plinths installed in the lower tier, the entire roof covered, all the concrete floors screeded and set as well as the retaining perimeter wall built...this should be fun

Jack Hackett
31-08-2017, 04:07 PM
She's lying through her (false) teeth.

But, as we all know, you can tell the Yams anything and they will believe it.

I've had a look in my crystal ball... and my tea leaves... and I foresee another 'revision' shortly, just to keep everything on schedule.

Arch Stanton
31-08-2017, 04:11 PM

And I'm pretty sure the decking still doesn't go all the way to the top. Bigger crane anyone?

Fuzzywuzzy
31-08-2017, 04:43 PM
They reckon they'll get 30k for the ****gers game and 23k for st Johnstone......

Keith_M
31-08-2017, 05:29 PM
They reckon they'll get 30k for the ****gers game and 23k for st Johnstone......

Given the prices they've announced (e.g. 40 quid for three games, plus reduced price tickets for ST holders mates), they probably will get decent attendances.

There's also a ceratin novelty factor of playing at Murrayfield, especially to visting fans.

Famous Fiver
31-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Jordan McGhee away to Falkirk for an 'undisclosed fee'. They are going to have to sell a hell of a lot of Jordan McGhees to make any dent in the stand funding black hole. Might get them half a dozen or so new cheap plastic seats.

TICK TOCK

SirDavidsNapper
31-08-2017, 08:27 PM

It looks very small

G B Young
31-08-2017, 08:29 PM
From kickback:

The Treasurer, on 31 Aug 2017 - 1:42 PM, said:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=6234490)
Looking at that picture, I can't help thinking that the lack of seats is not the only reason we couldn't play the sheep at home next week.

We are working to a re-scheduled programme now.

The Treasurer, on 31 Aug 2017 - 3:24 PM, said:http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_images/JKB_2010/snapback.png (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=6234782)
Fair enough Thomaso but it still looks like a hell of a lot that was still to be completed in the original timescale.
All irrelevant now of course.

All I can say is that the PM had put together an achievable programme to complete seated areas, and give the fans safe access/exit from the stand, with temporary toilets,etc, for the Aberdeen game.
--------------

'Temporary toilets, etc' eh? What a classy official opening that would have been...

CropleyWasGod
31-08-2017, 08:35 PM
It looks very small

It's just far away

G B Young
31-08-2017, 08:36 PM
And if anyone was still in any doubt, yes you'd assume you were driving past a 60s office block/college building if you didn't know there was a football stadium here...

http://img.pixady.com/2017/08/112731_1.jpg

Alan62
31-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Technically speaking, for those who know about these things, is that even a glass curtain wall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I've had a look in my crystal ball... and my tea leaves... and I foresee another 'revision' shortly, just to keep everything on schedule.

Appropriate for them as it is usually accompanied by a request to cross their palm with silver !!

SuperAllyMcleod
31-08-2017, 08:40 PM
And if anyone was still in any doubt, yes you'd assume you were driving past a 60s office block/college building if you didn't know there was a football stadium here...

Jeez, the school looks better and more modern!

fat freddy
31-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

SanFranHibs
31-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Surprised there are not queues forming already to sign on !!

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2017, 08:55 PM
It's damn impressive for a school. Be good if more schools saw that kind of investment.

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

Can understand why the guys on site think it's the worst run job they've been on. There is no main contractor (Hearts have taken on that role) to coordinate things. So what happens is that each trade just cracks on and does their bit without any knowledge of other trades having to build/install there works. Couple this with the fact that there is very few detail drawings from the architect then it turns into chaos.

Caversham Green
31-08-2017, 08:59 PM

If the wording wasn't there you'd assume the building on the right was the stadium and the one on the left was the school.

Lancs Harp
31-08-2017, 09:00 PM
If the wording wasn't there you'd assume the building on the right was the stadium and the one on the left was the school.

:greengrin:thumbsup:

G B Young
31-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Surprised there are not queues forming already to sign on !!

My thoughts exactly! :greengrin

Peevemor
31-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Jeez, the school looks better and more modern!Which one?

Bishop Hibee
31-08-2017, 09:02 PM

It looks like the sort of hideous 1960's buildings that are being demolished around the rest of the country. Handy for spare parts maybe.

Caversham Green
31-08-2017, 09:03 PM
So in the next nine days they are going to have all the seating plinths in place in the upper tier, all the steel erected and plinths installed in the lower tier, the entire roof covered, all the concrete floors screeded and set as well as the retaining perimeter wall built...this should be fun

Not just that, there should also be enough time left to actually install the seats if they had got here in time. And get all the safety inspections etc done.

Alan62
31-08-2017, 09:12 PM
The building project is only adding to the chaos behind the scenes at Hearts. Seemingly the whole club is a shambles.

The_Exile
31-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Heard from a few yams that the seat story is a pile of made up rubbish (or done deliberately) but it was the most plausible thing they could come up with to make the inevitable delay look like it's something innocuous, when the truth is this stand is crippling them and they have nae idea what to do about it. Nobody can answer how they're going to pay for all this. Brilliant stuff.

Peevemor
31-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Technically speaking, for those who know about these things, is that even a glass curtain wall?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYes it is. A curtain wall is any weatherproof but non load bearing (normally panelled) finish applied to a facade.

It'll be interesting to see if they've studied the heat loss/gain that this sort of system produces. Think of a greenhouse - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Anne might have to run up some nice curtains for the school-view restaurant.

31-08-2017, 09:15 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I would say it isn't and that the glass curtain is still to be put in front of what is there just now. That's what it looks like to me looking at the images on the Edinburgh Achitecture website.

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts-new-stand

31-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Yes it is. A curtain wall is any weatherproof but non load bearing finish applied to a facade.

It'll be interesting to see if they've studied the heat loss/gain that this sort of system produces. Think of a greenhouse - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Anne might have to run up some nice curtains for the school-view restaurant.

I'm contradicting my above post slightly by saying I agree with your description of a curtain wall (because I googled it a while back when the chat about it started), however as I mentioned above, it looks like there's more still to be added. If they haven't changed their plans in order to reduce costs.

G B Young
31-08-2017, 09:21 PM
No, I would say it isn't and that the glass curtain is still to be put in front of what is there just now. That's what it looks like to me looking at the images on the Edinburgh Achitecture website.

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts-new-stand

Been mentioned a few times on this endless thread, but those were the original plans which have since been modified to this, where it appears they're simply making do with windows rather a 'glass curtain':

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrjVx-FZ7vjvc6jZyzhfK04bcCVDUlwWS0ehk2A1UqUONPnsY

fat freddy
31-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Can understand why the guys on site think it's the worst run job they've been on. There is no main contractor (Hearts have taken on that role) to coordinate things. So what happens is that each trade just cracks on and does their bit without any knowledge of other trades having to build/install there works. Couple this with the fact that there is very few detail drawings from the architect then it turns into chaos.

Yes, similar to the Parliament building when we had an absentee architect making random ammendments on a whim from his home in Spain which resulted in thousands of hours of down time as completed works were torn down to allow additional works to be installed. I used to go in and get sent to the canteen for the day or just told to go away and send the bill for our daily rate. Queensberry House was re tiled three times and i lost count of how many times the walls were re rendered.

The job at PBS is an utter disaster on so many levels, the building trade in Scotland is like a wee village and I hear gossip almost every day from sources that know someone who has worked on it or are currently on site, they all say the same thing, it's a mess. I could say much much more but I wouldn't want to implicate anyone as peoples jobs and reputations are at stake, some of the stuff I have heard is verging on criminal and some of the gossip has left me stunned. I just hope theres a clerk of works monitoring everything that is being passed off as finished product

Peevemor
31-08-2017, 09:23 PM

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts-new-standWhat is shown on those images is unbuildable. The glazing that extends beyond the ends and the top of the building needs a structure of some sort but nothing is indicated.

What's been built is the end result.

31-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Been mentioned a few times on this endless thread, but those were the original plans which have since been modified to this, where it appears they're simply making do with windows rather a 'glass curtain':

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrjVx-FZ7vjvc6jZyzhfK04bcCVDUlwWS0ehk2A1UqUONPnsY

Cheers, haven't read the whole thread so must have missed it.

31-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Yes, similar to the Parliament building when we had an absentee architect making random ammendments on a whim from his home in Spain which resulted in thousands of hours of down time as completed works were torn down to allow additional works to be installed. I used to go in and get sent to the canteen for the day or just told to go away and send the bill for our daily rate. Queensberry House was re tiled three times and i lost count of how many times the walls were re rendered.

The job at PBS is an utter disaster on so many levels, the building trade in Scotland is like a wee village and I hear gossip almost every day from sources that know someone who has worked on it or are currently on site, they all say the same thing, it's a mess. I could say much much more but I wouldn't want to implicate anyone as peoples jobs and reputations are at stake, some of the stuff I have heard is verging on criminal and some of the gossip has left me stunned. I just hope theres a clerk of works monitoring everything that is being passed off as finished product

That's a bit worrying, we might have to use it for semi-finals.

GreenCastle
31-08-2017, 09:28 PM

That picture is also produced to make it look bigger than it actually is. I drove past it and looked at the ends and they don't cover the end of the stands fully like the picture shows.

Much smaller than I expected and as others have said the school looks more modern so give it a few years of Scottish weather and the clean windows and design will start to age very quickly.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2017, 09:31 PM

Bloody hell ..... the guys who designed the high school are gonna' be cock a hoop ....... that monstrosity makes their building look space age :faf:

mca
31-08-2017, 09:32 PM

:thumbsup:... Totally agree with this.... Construction..

WhileTheChief..
31-08-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm kinda hoping it gets to the stage where construction grinds to a complete halt and they have to play the rest of the season with 3 stands and that half finished monstrosity.

Budge's statement would be a belter. No doubt it would be somebody else's fault.

jacomo
31-08-2017, 09:33 PM

Now is that small or is it far away?

jgl07
31-08-2017, 09:35 PM

Rubbish. You are making this up.

Enric Miralles wasn't absent he was dead. His practice were in control of the strategic design but the detailed were under the control of Edinburgh architecture practice RMJM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMJM

FilipinoHibs
31-08-2017, 09:35 PM

Thanks for your professional insight and confirming what us amateur builders have been saying. Looking at the pictures it obviously chaos and all down to the management and funding method used for the project. This comedy turn has a long way to run. They have brought it on themselves with their pompous bigger than you attitude. May the laughter roll on for months.

mca
31-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Now is that small or is it far away?

Naw.. it Really Does Look "Tiny".. :wink:

Peevemor
31-08-2017, 09:37 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrjVx-FZ7vjvc6jZyzhfK04bcCVDUlwWS0ehk2A1UqUONPnsYIt's still curtain walling. The original images appear to show frameless glazing (eg. Pilkington structural glazing) which is a different kettle of fish pricewise.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/b4c7ab71a6515cbaec3711247adc3145.jpg

Craig_HFC
31-08-2017, 09:46 PM
My mate is working on it and has been for a few weeks now; going by what he's been saying it has been, and continues to be, an utter shambles.

Here are a few things he's told me:

1. £14,000 worth of steel beams being installed & then removed as they weren't needed and were installed right in line of the view of the pitch.
2. Hearts not ordering the seats (he told me this about 5 hours before it became 'official').
3. Four internal walls having to be knocked down and rebuilt as they weren't aligned properly and were basically curved.
4. There being 'easily 300' seats that can't see the one of the goals.
5. Finally, today, a squad of brickies walking off-site after arguing with Jimmy Budge (I'm assuming that's Ann's brother or husband).

G B Young
31-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Enric Miralles wasn't absent he was dead. His practice were in control of the strategic design but the detailed were under the control of Edinburgh architecture practice RMJM.

I do recall there being difficulties with Miralles prior to his untimely death (did his wife not have a hand in the modified design afterwards?), but my overriding recollection of that project was of endless delays and a building which (whatever your opinion of it as a piece of architecture) ended up being something like ten times over budget. I'd have to look it up but I'm sure it started out at around £50m and ended up costing nearly £500 million.

Be a shame if the costs of the Hearts stand spiral out of control in similar fashion :wink:

FilipinoHibs
31-08-2017, 09:49 PM
My mate is working on it and has been for a few weeks now; going by what he's been saying it has been, and continues to be, an utter shambles.

Here are a few things he's told me:

1. £14,000 worth of steel beams being installed & then removed as they weren't needed and were installed right in line of the view of the pitch.
2. Hearts not ordering the seats (he told me this about 5 hours before it became 'official').
3. Four internal walls having to be knocked down and rebuilt as they weren't aligned properly and were basically curved.
4. There being 'easily 300' seats that can't see the one of the goals.
5. Finally, today, a squad of brickies walking off-site after arguing with Jimmy Budge (I'm assuming that's Ann's brother or husband).

Brother a Hibee. More pleasing news.

green is good
31-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Is that a glass ceiling to go with the glass curtain?

Peevemor
31-08-2017, 10:02 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMJMCorrect. Also the client (the Scottish Office IIRC) kept changing their demands even after construction was well underway). Miralles' first detailed design fully complied with the brief but was already well over the £50m that the SO had announced. By the time the project was finished, there was twice as much floor area/accommodation than was originally planned - all at the request of the client.

fat freddy
31-08-2017, 10:11 PM

He died during the construction but was alive for much of early part and he was a royal pain in the backside to the on site architects who were tasked with implementing his hairbrained plans, RMJM as someone else said.
His wife took over after he passed away as she was the only person who understood his vision for the parliament. I was on site from the very start when they were putting the piles in, there was an underground water source which caused many delays as I recall. The job was a mess from start to finish and the snagging list had over 500 items when it finally opened for business. I'll let your snide comment about my knowledge of the job pass as a wolf doesn't concern himself with the thoughts of a sheep.

Alan62
31-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Brilliantly put Fat Freddy! [emoji119]

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2017, 10:26 PM
i noticed Aberdeen have sold out the lower north stand (behind the goals)at Murrayfield = 4,600

Deansy
31-08-2017, 10:27 PM
I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !

G B Young
31-08-2017, 10:30 PM
i noticed Aberdeen have sold out the lower north stand (behind the goals)at Murrayfield = 4,600

Should be quite a buzz in that section as their team dishes out a doing to the yams :agree:

fat freddy
31-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I'm actually starting to have some sympathy for Ann Budge in all this - for me, she's always comes across as a decent sort and I think her reasons for taking them over were she just wanted to 'save an Edinburgh institution' but without doing any actual research into their history and behaviour. Increasingly she's more and more resembling a 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' and by putting her trust in Craig Levein, she's made probably the biggest mistake of her career as Levein's only interested in himself with even Hearts a distant 2nd to his list of priorities !. If she's not careful she'll allow herself to be dragged down to their levels and all the years she spent building her good name will have been wasted !

One of my sources told me Levein was on the pitch with his new signing today, they were waiting for media to show up for the photo opp. Levein was showing the poor laddie how to celebrate a goal!! He ran towards the stands, turned his back to an imaginary crowd and pointed to his back in that way that players do when pointing at their names on their shirts. He then made the laddie do the same thing. Very creepy behaviour from a DOF / manager / 4 6 0 inventor

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Should be quite a buzz in that section as their team dishes out a doing to the yams :agree:

i'm not too sure, like someone on the ABE thread mentioned that it's worth having a bet on england winning something,law of averages and all that etc, it's maybe worth putting a few £'s on a hertz win every game, i mean they do HAVE to win a game sometime..surely ? :hmmm:

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2017, 10:41 PM
One of my sources told me Levein was on the pitch with his new signing today, they were waiting for media to show up for the photo opp. Levein was showing the poor laddie how to celebrate a goal!! He ran towards the stands, turned his back to an imaginary crowd and pointed to his back in that way that players do when pointing at their names on their shirts. He then made the laddie do the same thing. Very creepy behaviour from a DOF / manager / 4 6 0 inventor

:faf: there's something just not right about him that's for sure, did he not show the new player(whoever he is) how to kick a ball really hard and high, up to the opposite end of the park

Thecat23
31-08-2017, 10:47 PM

He is really weird, I can imagine the cleaners late at night walk into his office to hoover and he's sitting there in just his old 80's Hearts top, 10 empty cans of McEwans lying around him and George Michael playing 'Faith' in the background.

greenginger
31-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Heard from a few yams that the seat story is a pile of made up rubbish (or done deliberately) but it was the most plausible thing they could come up with to make the inevitable delay look like it's something innocuous, when the truth is this stand is crippling them and they have nae idea what to do about it. Nobody can answer how they're going to pay for all this. Brilliant stuff.

The story of the seats delay is obviously tosh.

The steel decking now being fitted has been the main delay. It is manufactured in Korea and has been in transit for some time.

The decking acts as the structure cross bracing and the roofing and stand side cladding could not be fitted until the decking is in place or high winds could force the structure out of shape.

I have no idea why this could not have been explained instead of the seat story.

Maybe things have to be kept simple for the Gorgie grunts.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2017, 01:58 AM

While I agree with you that Budge's motives were altruistic its hard to believe she didn't know what she was getting into. Is it not the case that she had been a Hearts season ticket holder for a good number of years before taking over the club? in which case she should have been well aware of not only all aspects of the history of the club but the attitude of the fans as well.

CraigHibee
01-09-2017, 02:11 AM
He is really weird, I can imagine the cleaners late at night walk into his office to hoover and he's sitting there in just his old 80's Hearts top, 10 empty cans of McEwans lying around him and George Michael playing 'Faith' in the background.

I think it would be cans of tennents, the cans with the photos of the models on them, and as the cleaner walks in and see's him sitting there in his pish stained y fronts and ill fitting hearts top he would point at the cans and say "I could have any burd on those tinnies,ken"

Steve-O
01-09-2017, 02:39 AM
And I'm pretty sure the decking still doesn't go all the way to the top. Bigger crane anyone?

Or the bottom? Is the front row going to be pitchside, or have they still to build the front section? Looks like it's about 25 feet off the ground at this point!

Thecat23
01-09-2017, 05:42 AM
I think it would be cans of tennents, the cans with the photos of the models on them, and as the cleaner walks in and see's him sitting there in his pish stained y fronts and ill fitting hearts top he would point at the cans and say "I could have any burd on those tinnies,ken"

😂😂

Smartie
01-09-2017, 06:03 AM

I'd have liked to have seen him demonstrate the "manager skulks onto the pitch for a few seconds, gets roundly booed by the fans then shuffles off", the iconic Ian Cathro Tynecastle moment.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-09-2017, 06:11 AM
Correct. Also the client (the Scottish Office IIRC) kept changing their demands even after construction was well underway). Miralles' first detailed design fully complied with the brief but was already well over the £50m that the SO had announced. By the time the project was finished, there was twice as much floor area/accommodation than was originally planned - all at the request of the client.

Its pretty hard to aee how it woyld ever have worked with half as much floor space and accomodation - woyls have been a disaster

Craig_HFC
01-09-2017, 08:17 AM
The turnstiles for the new stand are due to be installed on Monday but the walls aren't built for them yet... the brickies who walked off-site yesterday were the ones building them.

Shame.

greenginger
01-09-2017, 08:30 AM
A new addition to the cluster******.

A new planning application just lodged .

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

Its for a new plant room under the Roseburn Stand to house gas fired hot water boilers and the electrical mains distribution boards .

Being the Yams this work may be underway already, if not they'll be lucky to be ready for the New Year, and I'm not sure which new year ! :greengrin

snedzuk
01-09-2017, 08:36 AM

This is an outrageous slur - everyone knows hearts dont have cleaners.

Coco Bryce
01-09-2017, 08:50 AM

Also, according to the schematic plans, the lift shaft runs right through where the large reception desk is meant to be situated.

This is comedy gold :aok:

Keith_M
01-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Also, according to the schematic plans, the lift shaft runs right through where the large reception desk is meant to be situated.

This is comedy gold :aok:

Surely not.

Jack
01-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Correct. Also the client (the Scottish Office IIRC) kept changing their demands even after construction was well underway). Miralles' first detailed design fully complied with the brief but was already well over the £50m that the SO had announced. By the time the project was finished, there was twice as much floor area/accommodation than was originally planned - all at the request of the client.

I worked the the Scottish Executive at the time and while not involved some friends were.

The client was the UK Government and those working in Edinburgh 'were just following orders'.

Many of the changes came about as a direct result of a step change in the terror threat during the build and how protecting against this bounced between the terror advisers down south and those up here getting on with it.

Jack
01-09-2017, 09:27 AM
An extract from the Budgies statement 10 days ago.

"In terms of the new stand development, I am delighted to say that it remains on schedule for opening on 5th November 2017. The staging is now going up, the roofing is underway and the piazza will shortly start to take shape. You will see a huge difference over the next 10 days."

Has anyone got pictures for 10 days ago and today?

We could play spot the difference :-)

CropleyWasGod
01-09-2017, 09:38 AM
An extract from the Budgies statement 10 days ago.

"In terms of the new stand development, I am delighted to say that it remains on schedule for opening on 5th November 2017. The staging is now going up, the roofing is underway and the piazza will shortly start to take shape. You will see a huge difference over the next 10 days."

Has anyone got pictures for 10 days ago and today?

We could play spot the difference :-)

It's a typo. The pineapple is being put on top of the ham today.

kaimendhibs
01-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I think it would be cans of tennents, the cans with the photos of the models on them, and as the cleaner walks in and see's him sitting there in his pish stained y fronts and ill fitting hearts top he would point at the cans and say "I could have any burd on those tinnies,ken"[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
01-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Taken 2 minutes agohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/d0832b0452b2dec8c201f74111dab628.jpg

kaimendhibs
01-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Anotherhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/1e81efd4faba496e23b1932b40549b47.jpg

Keith_M
01-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Anotherhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/1e81efd4faba496e23b1932b40549b47.jpg

Actually, the new High School looks really smart.

Much nicer than the new building opposite.

Thecat23
01-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.

Jack
01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Popped over to sickback and our old friend Craigie Boy having a go that this thread is over 100 pages long. I'm surprised it's only that to be honest.

How dare we have a thread on our neighbours who were shouting from the rooftops how grand their new stand will look. Not like they have been lied to is it?

Nothing like the original plans, conveniently forgot to order the seats, materials used are cheap as chips and in all honesty is one of the worst looking stands I've actually witnessed.

How are these clowns seriously thinking we are (wait for it)...... Jealous 😂😂

Joking aside it's very worrying the utter ***** they take in from Budge and co each day.

Point of order.

They don't have a rooftop yet to shout from!

Thecat23
01-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Point of order.

😂

That my friend is a valid point!

Andy Bee
01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Point of order.

Aye but they will and when you go up there then climb a 60ft ladder, you'll be able to see the flag poles on top of the castle. :agree: