PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN REBORN: 2017-18 HOME AND AWAY KITS

RSS Bot
14-06-2017, 07:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7603)

CraigHibee
14-06-2017, 07:02 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7603)

Cracking looking kits :)

lugz
14-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Just take my money already! These strips are amazing!!

Macaroon
14-06-2017, 07:09 PM
One of the best away strips in my lifetime

Keyser Sauzee
14-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Not a fan of these tbh, prefer the away but was hoping for better.

HH81
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Not a fan of these tbh, prefer the away but was hoping for better.

Easily pleased.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Never keen on the double thin stripe like Palace but love the two tone sticky up collar of the away and the home strip is brilliant. I love both TBH and I've not said that for a while...about anything TBH :top marks:greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
14-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Easily pleased.

??

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2017, 07:17 PM
i've much preferred the training kits the last few years...but that Away top is getting purchased soon as :agree:

16 days countdown, in fact, i'm going to queue overnight on thursday the 29th :greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-06-2017, 07:18 PM
10/10 for home, away and the all white keepers kit.

Away is great but the home is a stunner imo.

BigT-Hibeez
14-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Hugely disappointed! Not keen on either..

Gutted!!

Lancs Harp
14-06-2017, 07:32 PM
10/10 for home, away and the all white keepers kit.

Away is great but the home is a stunner imo.

Short sighted, clashes with Real Madrid.:wink:

ManBearPig
14-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Love them both ❤️

The_Exile
14-06-2017, 07:38 PM
The whole strips thing doesn't really float my boat but those two strips are cracking, love the away one, very dapper.

danhibees1875
14-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I give a lot of money to Eden mill - I'm glad some is making its way back to the hibees! :greengrin

Cracking strips! I was pretty happy with the fact I had the cup winning strip and was just going to stick with that for the foreseeable, might have to reconsider...

H18 SFR
14-06-2017, 07:40 PM
We've missed a trick not having the website up and running for advanced orders for both strips.

LancashireHibby
14-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Love them both 💚
Best get finding some cash down the back of the sofa.

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2017, 07:45 PM

a work of art..Fact

#persevered
14-06-2017, 08:24 PM

a work of art..Fact

Just what I was thinking. Best away shirt in years

Pretty Boy
14-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the home kit?

That's not a slight on the away btw.

Diclonius
14-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Love the away kit. Home is much the same as last season, so not bothered.

Also, good to see McGinn modelling the kit - does that mean he's staying?

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2017, 08:36 PM

although the Away top gets a splendid score of 11/10, it's closely followed by the Home top with a 9/10

JimBHibees
14-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Both superb. :flag:

calumhibee1
14-06-2017, 09:24 PM
What time does the shop open on Friday?

staunchhibby
14-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Impressed with the new strips.Glad to see black kit binned

7 Up
14-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Not keen on either to be honest. Happy to be in the minority though and hope they sell well.

stantonhibby
14-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Impressed with the new strips.Glad to see black kit binned

Eh?

Frogga
14-06-2017, 09:44 PM
What's with the two tone collar on the away? I like both otherwise!

O'Rourke3
14-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the home kit?

That's not a slight on the away btw.
Nope. A work of art. As someone who never buys a strip for myself. These are tempting...

NAE NOOKIE
14-06-2017, 09:55 PM
OK with the away strip ..... the home top is cracking IMO just let down a wee bit by the black? bits on the bottom of the sleeves and its great to see us finally return to white tops on the socks, the way every Hibs strip should be :aok:

Baw187
14-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Not if we get a £2m bid in between now and the start of the season, I expect.

NOLA
14-06-2017, 10:04 PM
The away kit is tidy [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austinho
14-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to see how popular the kits are on here. I'm a professional designer myself and have designed kits in the past - from my point of view, the home is really quite poor. The away kit isn't too bad, but I guess I just really don't like Macron.

A Hibs home kit by default has a green body and a white sleeves - this can be a fussy design if not done right. So Macron have added their two massive ugly patches to the shoulders and their over sized logo to the chest. Then we've added a sponsor logos front and back. Then we've taken one of the most detailed club badges in Scotland and added a detailed watermark around it - it looks pretty over complicated on the kit. Then they've given it that weird and over the top collar that doesn't know if it's a polo collar or a v neck. And then they've added a load of stitches and details to it to make it even more fussy. Then there's the Glory Glory stitching on the back that has to compete with another shirt sponsor, a player name AND a player number.

Honestly, it's like we've got carried away with all the bespoke details we can add, so we've just picked ALL of them. The watermark crest could have been a nice touch, but you do that on a simple kit, with a plain collar. You don't added all the bells and whistles next to it. Also, the emerald green is too light, and it looks like it fits the players like a bin bag.

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

Cod Boy
14-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Anybody else notice the spelling mistake at the end of the video.

NAE NOOKIE
14-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to see how popular the kits are on here. I'm a professional designer myself and have designed kits in the past - from my point of view, the home is really quite poor. The away kit isn't too bad, but I guess I just really don't like Macron.

A Hibs home kit by default has a green body and a white sleeves - this can be a fussy design if not done right. So Macron have added their two massive ugly patches to the shoulders and their over sized logo to the chest. Then we've added a sponsor logos front and back. Then we've taken one of the most detailed club badges in Scotland and added a detailed watermark around it - it looks pretty over complicated on the kit. Then they've given it that weird and over the top collar that doesn't know if it's a polo collar or a v neck. And then they've added a load of stitches and details to it to make it even more fussy. Then there's the Glory Glory stitching on the back that has to compete with another shirt sponsor, a player name AND a player number.

Honestly, it's like we've got carried away with all the bespoke details we can add, so we've just picked ALL of them. The watermark crest could have been a nice touch, but you do that on a simple kit, with a plain collar. You don't added all the bells and whistles next to it. Also, the emerald green is too light, and it looks like it fits the players like a bin bag.

Home 3/10
Away 6/10

Aye, but apart from that what do you think of them? :greengrin

I haven't seen the strips in any great detail apart from on the official site, but I cant say I noticed the 'ugly patches on the shoulders' you mentioned, do you mean the bits at the bottom of the sleeves?

Austinho
14-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Aye, but apart from that what do you think of them? :greengrin

I haven't seen the strips in any great detail apart from on the official site, but I cant say I noticed the 'ugly patches on the shoulders' you mentioned, do you mean the bits at the bottom of the sleeves?No mate, I mean the huge macron logos they've slapped on both of the shoulders.

jacomo
14-06-2017, 10:30 PM

Of course he's staying!

jacomo
14-06-2017, 10:37 PM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

Reading about the launch on the fishy site, it's clear Hibs have really pushed on the commercial side this year. Hence the sponsors all getting such prominence on the shirts.

Some of those details you mention might also be part of a bigger sales push.

Can't blame the club. We're back in the big league now and need all the income we can get to fund the team.

As for the colour, I'd say it's a very confident shade of green.

mcohibs
14-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Anybody else notice the spelling mistake at the end of the video.

Of all the words to spell wrong 😂😂 Promo video looks really slick and no big deal in the grand scheme of things but surely someone has to notice that before signing it off?

WellingtonHibby
14-06-2017, 10:39 PM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

Is it A league Kits you design?

Austinho
14-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Is it A league Kits you design?Haha, thankfully not - some of them are dreadful! First one I ever worked on was the 2002-2003 Hibs shirt back in the Le Coq Sportif days.

Brightside
14-06-2017, 10:46 PM
No mate, I mean the huge macron logos they've slapped on both of the shoulders.

They are on all Macron team wear kits. Delighted by Macron. The main kit suppliers Nike / Adidas have been dull for years. Glad of the change.

dunedinhibs
14-06-2017, 10:52 PM
They are on all Macron team wear kits. Delighted by Macron. The main kit suppliers Nike / Adidas have been dull for years. Glad of the change.

Totally agree :thumbsup:

lucky
14-06-2017, 11:06 PM
I like the two of them but the away is a cracker.

Danderhall Hibs
14-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Of all the words to spell wrong 😂😂 Promo video looks really slick and no big deal in the grand scheme of things but surely someone has to notice that before signing it off?

I normally pride myself on picking stuff like this up but I just can't see what they've spelt wrong? I thought they missed a hyphen on "recharged" but was willing to let it go.

If they have spelt something wrong then I'll be putting it down to the video being signed off by the same guy that checks and signs off the programme.

FranckSuzy
14-06-2017, 11:20 PM
You're welcome :love ya!:

Austinho
14-06-2017, 11:21 PM
Did anyone notice that Marathon Bet have changed their logo slightly? Fatter, bolder font.

mutley
14-06-2017, 11:23 PM
I normally pride myself on picking stuff like this up but I just can't see what they've spelt wrong? I thought they missed a hyphen on "recharged" but was willing to let it go.

If they have spelt something wrong then I'll be putting it down to the video being signed off by the same guy that checks and signs off the programme.

I just re watched it and at the very end the have actually calling the team HIBERNAN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

matty_f
14-06-2017, 11:31 PM
I think both strips are cracking.

Perd Hapley
14-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Did anyone notice that Marathon Bet have changed their logo slightly? Fatter, bolder font.

Yeah, and slightly more invasive really. Still, doesn't detract from IMO a solid home kit and a very nice away kit.

connerg
15-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Not keen on either to be honest. Happy to be in the minority though and hope they sell well.

You're not in the minority. Home strip is bland and why the black away strip?

Smartie
15-06-2017, 02:33 AM
I don't really like either of them.

The black away one looks like a Celtic away top from the 90s.

I've not liked many Hibs tops of late though.

The Scottish Cup winning home one was a beauty but other than that they've been poor for a while.

EdinMike
15-06-2017, 02:57 AM
Was afraid the home kit would be rather "light" after seeing the training stuff...

But hey ! The away top is cracking!!!

Cocaine&Caviar
15-06-2017, 05:17 AM
£45?!

Not nornally that much are they?

Beefster
15-06-2017, 05:23 AM
Not a big fan of the logos on the sleeves but the away strip is the best in a fair number of years imho.

Dalianwanda
15-06-2017, 06:12 AM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

Interesting points.

When you design a kit who are you designing it for? Is it for yourself, having the best of the elements you mention? Is it for the supporter & something that will fly off the shelves?

From looking at the majority of comments these get low marks from you but sound like they are going to sell very quickly.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2017, 06:25 AM
£45?!

Not nornally that much are they?

Same price as last year

Fuzzywuzzy
15-06-2017, 06:32 AM

a work of art..Fact

Until it's on a middle aged man with a beer belly😂😯

GordonHFC
15-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Until it's on a middle aged man with a beer belly😂😯

Hey !!!!!!!

flash
15-06-2017, 07:08 AM
You're not in the minority. Home strip is bland and why the black away strip?

How is the home top bland? And how is he not in the minority when the vast majority of comments are positive?

Onion
15-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Best home strip in ages. :thumbsup:

Iain G
15-06-2017, 07:34 AM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

My biggest worry was that some of the non traditional kit designers end up with a fussy, overly complicated design.

It's not as bad as I had feared but the sponsor logo and the "glory glory" on the back annoy me more than the large Macron logo. I agree we could have kept them a bit cleaner design wise.

I love the away shirt apart from the two coloured collar which makes it look a bit cheap and cheerful, would have rather they had made it either green or white and not both.

I will reserve judgement til I see both in the flesh but am tempted by the away top :agree:

dangermouse
15-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Saw them both in the flesh last night and they are both :top marks

Love the badge behind the badge on the home top.

Carheenlea
15-06-2017, 08:48 AM
The Macron logo is very close to the one used by Save the Children is it not? I honestly thought at first glance it was a Save the Children badge on the sleeve.
Love both strips and while the thought shouldn't really be entering a 47 year old grown mans head to be purchasing one, I'm going to be very tempted on Sunday at the open day.

thorbs
15-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

I have to say I agree with what you are saying. A simpler, cleaner design with much less fuss would have been my preference. But, it's green with white sleeves and a lot of people like it so it's good for the club to sell shirts. I don't have to buy it. You can't please everyone.

thorbs
15-06-2017, 09:46 AM
...however, I am excited by Macron being the kit supplier for the next few seasons.

Bohemian_Hibee
15-06-2017, 10:02 AM

Home 3/10
Away 7/10

I hear what you're saying, but... I disagree. I haven't bought a Hibs shirt in ages. The Nike and Puma ones have been at best average and generally generic cr@p. Perhaps there is a bit too much detail, but I for one am loving it.

Home shirt 8/10
Away shirt 10/10

matty_f
15-06-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised there wasn't more fuss about the goalie strip - I thought that was excellent, if there's a short sleeve version it'd look terrific.

Home and away are superb, I have no complaints about either.

Hibernia&Alba
15-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Not crazy about the home kit: the green is too light in shade, and I don't like the collar.

Away kit is superb.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Is the shop just normal opening time tomorrow or is it early due to the kit launch?

Never normally buy a replica top but need a new top for 5s and the home one fits the bill. Was going to go at lunchtime but if it's open early doors I might nip in before work.

bingo70
15-06-2017, 06:41 PM
I like them.

Sorry if this has been covered (I'm sure it has but can't be arsed reading the whole thread), Anyone know if the kids strip will be the same as the adults minus the sponsorship?

When I've got my boy the strip the last couple of years it's felt a bit like a snidey fake with it being avec instead of Nike.

SteveHFC
15-06-2017, 07:15 PM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/

New clubstore website up and running.

Andy74
15-06-2017, 09:11 PM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/

New clubstore website up and running.

Didn't realise home top was stripey on the back.

California-Hibs
15-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Didn't realise home top was stripey on the back.

Same. I love it even more now! That picture on the club store site is night and day different from the other ones I've saw. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh when I'm over next month

Elephant Stone
15-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Same. I love it even more now! That picture on the club store site is night and day different from the other ones I've saw. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh when I'm over next month

:agree: Looks a thousand times better in those photos there, absolutely beautiful shirt.

Ilovehibs
15-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Home top more impressive than first thought after looking at website pics.

Away one gonnae be even more class than it already looks then- magic!

Anyone know when the little ones kit is out in the shop?
Thanks.

thorbs
16-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Have to take back what I said the other day. Both tops have grown on me massively.
These pictures do them a bit more justice...
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/no-more-nike-macron-hibernian-fc-17-18-home-away-kits.html