14-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Confirmed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
14-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Some signing for Dundee.

DavidDavidGray
14-06-2017, 02:59 PM
What a fall from grace this boys had. Had one good season and done nothing else in his career, still can't believe people wanted him back at hibs

Callyballybe
14-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Cracking signing for them. Surprised his ego allowed him to go thre though, would've thought he could've found a better club up here for a loan (no offense to Dundee.)

JDHibs
14-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Amazingly hes found the only way that Dundee Utd fans could hate him even more than they did...

Northernhibee
14-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Hope he gets splinters from the bench.

.Sean.
14-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Absolutely delighted it's not Hibs. Rat.

HFC_NYC
14-06-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm more delighted he didn't sign for the poppy thieves. There's always the chance he could find the form he had with us a couple of years ago.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-06-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm more delighted he didn't sign for the poppy thieves. There's always the chance he could find the form he had with us a couple of years ago.

This

Let's not kid ourselves, there's most definitely a player in there despite past transgressions

Elephant Stone
14-06-2017, 03:17 PM
That is an incredible signing for Dundee.

14-06-2017, 03:18 PM

This

.Sean.
14-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Don't care how good a signing he would've been for that mob or how good he will be for Dundee - which he will be btw, cause he's a very good player, just a shame he's also an unnapreciateive torn faced little ratbag.

I'd have been more raging to see him ever pulling on a Hibs top again, because he doesn't deserve to.

Sean1875
14-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Fair play to Dundee, should do very well for them. Needs to brace himself for the reception he'll get at Easter Road however... snake.

Since90+2
14-06-2017, 03:19 PM
He's a fantastic player (at least in relation to Scottish football level) and I have a feeling he may do well at Dens. Glad he hasn't ended up at Hearts.

CorrieHibs
14-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Allan is an excellent player. Could be a good move for him. Needs to knuckle down, this could be his last chance as well.

If he can produce the form we know he's capable of he'll be a huge asset to Dundee.

Slim Shady
14-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Bartmans gonna get ye!!

lucky
14-06-2017, 03:32 PM
He's a good player and a good signing for Dundee. He might have left us under a cloud but he was great for us

dp00
14-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Looking forward to Bartley going through him , fairly of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
14-06-2017, 03:38 PM
He spoke to Hearts this week, 100% definitely.

This suggests either Celtic wanted a fee or he wasn't willing to take a cut in wages to move permanently. Either way great signing for Dundee and Hearts have missed out on a good one too.

GreenLake
14-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Should be able to get off the bench more often.

Zazu62
14-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Think Levein would have known him from Dundee United maybe gave him his debut ??

HibeeMackenzie
14-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Wish him the very worst at Dundee. Rat

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Good. I'm glad he'll be at a team where he can get game time so Bartley can boom him. Or he finds himself in a similar 50/50 Don Cowie did last season.

Bet he'd join hearts in a heartbeat if offered as well. Wee rat basturd.

Ability means nothing to me when you throw away chance after chance.

calumhibee1
14-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Wonderful football player that I would have taken at Hibs in a heartbeat.

Jones28
14-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Has he requested a move to the Huns yet? Prick

Col2
14-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Total meltdown on kickback. They expected to get Whitaker and Allan and looks like they are getting neither.

They are about to lose best player by a mile to Huns on the cheap. This being the Huns who went into liquidation.

Still they have Stockton Coke from Vauxhall Motors so that's good 😂

Bishop Hibee
14-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Coup for Dundee. Coup de grace for the yams.

Pete
14-06-2017, 04:02 PM
At least we're not bitter eh? Time for some folk to move on.

So he chose Dundee over the super new progressive regime at Hearts? Makes you wonder.

keep the faith
14-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I think he will prove to be a great signing.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Fair play to Dundee, should do very well for them. Needs to brace himself for the reception he'll get at Easter Road however... snake.

... and Tannadice ... and Ibrox ... maybe Tiny as well. Popular laddie. :wink:

WhileTheChief..
14-06-2017, 04:08 PM
He spoke to Hearts this week, 100% definitely.

This suggests either Celtic wanted a fee or he wasn't willing to take a cut in wages to move permanently. Either way great signing for Dundee and Hearts have missed out on a good one too.

Money or the Cahro effect?!

Keyser Sauzee
14-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Let the bitterness commence.......

Pedantic_Hibee
14-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Hearts fans absolutely all over the place at the moment :faf:

Welcome to living within your means. Tramps.

PiemanP
14-06-2017, 04:31 PM
If Dundee can get him to produce in the same way he did for us then they have pulled off the signing of the season. However hopefully he continues on like he has at every other club and fail.

Must say I'd have definitely taken the chance on him again at Hibs.

AlbertK86
14-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Absolutely gutted he ain't coming to us. The most skilful individual I've seen in a Hibs shirt since wee Russell and he provided an awful lot of assists.

A player who had me on the edge of my seat every week.

Wanted to sign for his boyhood idols. So would've I.

Absolutely delighted he's gone to Dundee and not the Sevconnians or Diet Sevconians ..... the seethe will be hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sean1875
14-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Absolutely gutted he ain't coming to us. The most skilful individual I've seen in a Hibs shirt since wee Russell and he provided an awful lot of assists.

Absolutely delighted he's gone to Dundee and not the Sevconnians or Diet Sevconians ..... the seethe will be hilarious

Would you have also gone on to sign for Hearts instead though?

Heisenberg
14-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Hope Bartley breaks him tbh.

jeffers
14-06-2017, 04:38 PM

Sums it up for me. Disappointed if we weren't interested in him, but time to move on. Delighted he's not joined Hearts though.

WeeRussell
14-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Good luck to him in relaunching his career. Wish it was us rather than another team in our league but there you go.

Someone with his ability should undoubtedly be playing for Scotland in the future.

thebausburst
14-06-2017, 04:44 PM
gutted over this would have loved him back, would have to be a very special signing to be better than him imo

snooky
14-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Good luck to him in relaunching his career. Wish it was us rather than another team in our league but there you go.

Someone with his ability should undoubtedly be playing for Scotland in the future.

Not too fussed really - more pleased that he hasn't gone to TRFC or TRFC(light).

Ilovehibs
14-06-2017, 04:49 PM
I think the kind of guy he is was summed up by his huge desire to sign for his boyhood team then signing for their arch rivals despite knowing he'd be a bench warmer.
I know money matters but really.

That said, he has huge ability and with application could do a fantastic job in midfield.
Would've accepted him back for a 2nd chance but seeing it's not happening I am delighted he hasn't joined either of the sons of satan.

As others have said, bring on the Bartman!

RossScott1991
14-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Scott Allan love in on here at times is seriously embarrassing. ****** Scott Allan.

Infact, I want to thank him. He cleared the path for Super John Mcginn, Henderson to deliver. Mcgeough (who on his day is just as good if not better when fit) + Fyvie and Bartley ...... All LEGENDS

So thanks Scott, hope you do miserably.

I hope Bartley gets ya.

wookie70
14-06-2017, 04:58 PM
I'll predict he will flop. Start of brightly but get bored and start becoming lazier and lazier on the pitch. I was never a great fan of Allen as his attitude when he gave the ball away, which was more often than not, was terrible. No doubting he could hit a pass and was a decent player but I am far more comfortable with SJM in the team.

AlbertK86
14-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Would you have also gone on to sign for Hearts instead though?

Now that is a question ?

If my bridges were burnt at the club I was at as they seemed to be then for Scott and I was going to get five times my current wages then probably yep. Have to consider your family and make good money when you can. Footballers career are short and these two season at Sellick have set him up well for the foreseeable.

jacomo
14-06-2017, 05:06 PM
I'm not convinced he will ever recapture the form he had with us. Let's see.

The loan system is a joke though. If he does perform well then Dundee will structure their team around him - except against the League champions, when he won't be allowed to play.

angus hibby
14-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Disappointed we dont appear to have been in for him, would have been a good signing for us.

S4uzee
14-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Disappointed we dont appear to have been in for him, would have been a good signing for us.

But if true were in for Andreu .... bizarre

keep the faith
14-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Hope Bartley breaks him tbh.

Classy.

erin go bragh
14-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Glad he has not signed for that lot at the PBS .
Great talent with us but done nowt since .

AlbertK86
14-06-2017, 05:17 PM
But if true were in for Andreu .... bizarre

To be fair Andreu scores more goals and Lenny says that what he wants .... goals from midfield

S4uzee
14-06-2017, 05:21 PM
To be fair Andreu scores more goals and Lenny says that what he wants .... goals from midfield

He was brutal against us every time he played. At least Allan creates

Heisenberg
14-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Classy.

What? I hope Bartley absolutely smashes him when they face each other. Don't see the issue.

Wilson
14-06-2017, 05:34 PM
I like Allen as a player. Some are saying he has done nothing since hibs but he had done nothing before hibs either. A good and patient manager will get the best out of him. As Stubbs did before.

I am not a fan of loaning players from teams in the same division for reasons others have mentioned. I would take Andreu on a contract over Allen on loan.

PatHead
14-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Good player but wouldn't want him back after the way he left us. We treated him well and helped with his diabetic condition only to be treated shabbily by him.

Aldo
14-06-2017, 06:33 PM
By all accounts the Yams have spoken with Allan this week but he ends up at Dundee..... Dundee! That's a real boot in the baws for the Yams!!

Looks like they are finding it hard living within their means.

Wonder if they've managed to get any of their targets.

All very pleasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
14-06-2017, 06:38 PM
He was brutal against us every time he played. At least Allan creates

Lennon hasn't said he wants more creative players. He wants to add ones that score. Which Andreu does.

He has been rubbish when I've seen him this year too but he has been a pretty prolific scorer for a while now.

Unseen work
14-06-2017, 07:21 PM
How long does he have on his contract at Celtic? 1 year? If so I believe he will see out the loan and sign for Rangers next summer.

I am gutted he has ended up there, was a favourite of mine at hibs and he is a quality quality player.

He really needs to knuckle down with his careeer and settle somewhere.

Very frustrating seeing a player of his quality and style go to waste.

Sir David Gray
14-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Good player, extremely poor attitude and professionalism.

I hope he's a failure.

EVENTUALLY
14-06-2017, 07:34 PM

A joy to watch. I'm as much a Hibs supporter as then next man and while it was disappointing the way it ended I'm also a spectator and Allan is great viewing. I'll look forward to seeing him in a dark blue shirt and enjoying his play.

Lancs Harp
14-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Be very interesting to see how he fares at Dens. Seems to have lost his way at Celtic IMO and despite looking back fondly on his time at Easter Road, it begs the question will he be able to recapture his previous form and fulfill that potential he showed with us. I honestly dont know the answer, like I said will be interesting to see how he gets on.

magpie1892
14-06-2017, 07:44 PM

Islam Feruz should be playing for Scotland at the moment...

ColinNish
14-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Scott Allan love in on here at times is seriously embarrassing. ****** Scott Allan.

Infact, I want to thank him. He cleared the path for Super John Mcginn, Henderson to deliver. Mcgeough (who on his day is just as good if not better when fit) + Fyvie and Bartley ...... All LEGENDS

I hope Bartley gets ya.

This 100%

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Missed opportunity from us imo

Northernhibee
14-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Can't believe people would have him back after how badly he treated us. Was mightily disrespectul and inadvertently sabotaged our start to the second season by drawing attention away from preparing for the promotion bid. Handing in a transfer request to try and join our biggest rivals when we'd rescued him from obscurity.

He's on the same level as Ian Black, Jim Goodwin and Kris Boyd for players I properly detest. Little rat and I hope he's a miserable failure at Dundee.

brianmc
14-06-2017, 08:39 PM

^^like^^

eastmainsmsh
14-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Make or break for SA

brianmc
14-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Talented guy.
Grade A walloper.
Poster boy for proving ability alone doesn't cut it.
In a 7 year career (so far) he had made 101 appearances in total, 33 were in one season at ER, the others were largely as a bit part,sub at various clubs.
So....68 games in 6 seasons (mostly sub) - tells you all you need to know about the guy.

But hey ho, he's earning 10x what I am so who am I to question his motivations?

Baader
14-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Real coup for Dundee that. As a player kind of wish he had signed for us. Given his history though I'm probably glad he didn't. Suppose it depends on how well he does!

Sir David Gray
14-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Amazingly hes found the only way that Dundee Utd fans could hate him even more than they did...

:greengrin Quite incredible really. I don't think they would have thought it would have been possible either but he's proved them wrong.

Haymaker
14-06-2017, 09:55 PM

Aye, he should.

If he bothered to turn up to training, apply himself in games... :greengrin

AlbertK86
14-06-2017, 09:59 PM
He will be the main man in Dundee midfield and that will suit him to a tee !!

Confidence player with massive ability when a manager manages him properly.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Great player...end of

Brightside
14-06-2017, 10:32 PM
The boy simply cannot look after him self well enough to play at the top level.

Stewboy
14-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Footballer who went for more money and is a walloper, well that's a rarity

Great player and was a joy to watch, would have had him back in an instant

MWHIBBIES
14-06-2017, 10:48 PM
So talented he is on loan at Dundee. Lazy, inconsistent player who doesn't know what is good for him.

Super_JMcGinn
15-06-2017, 12:38 AM
Some signing for Dundee.

For sure, it could have been worse though, I heard Hearts were in for him too. Will be a cracking signing for Dundee though.

Super_JMcGinn
15-06-2017, 12:45 AM

I hope Bartley gets ya.

The immature comments like yours is more embarrassing. He was a fabulous player for us but not for the first time his head was turned by the weegie press, and one of the ugly sisters. He wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2017, 02:22 AM
I'm not convinced he'll be anything like as good as he was with us. But if he's only half the player then it's still a great signing for Dundee.

Northernhibee
15-06-2017, 06:54 AM
The immature comments like yours is more embarrassing. He was a fabulous player for us but not for the first time his head was turned by the weegie press, and one of the ugly sisters. He wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last.
There's a difference between having your head turned and the way he acted. Big time.

California-Hibs
15-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Delighted he's not joined THEM. Make no mistake about it, quality footballer.

WeeRussell
15-06-2017, 07:56 AM

I'll take your word for it - I've never seen him do anything on a football pitch to suggest he's good enough at any level. Scott Allan on the other hand put in performances with us that could easily have earned him a place in the national side.

You're more than welcome to keep up the amusing quips though, and join the cool die-hards that deny he was even that good just because it's nasty allan!

Sir David Gray
15-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Footballer who went for more money and is a walloper, well that's a rarity

Great player and was a joy to watch, would have had him back in an instant

That's not quite the whole story though is it?

He tried to engineer a move to our title rivals at the start of the season and then slapped in a transfer request demanding a move to them.

FilipinoHibs
15-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Dundee probably like pkaying in a morgue. Money not the problem as Celtic will top up to his contracted wage. Celtic probably not keen to loan him to rivals so Dundee.

Stan the Man
15-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Thankfully our club has more self respect than some of the posters here.

I definitely give you he was an impressive player for us BUT he nailed his colours, in no uncertain terms, to our main rivals mast just before the season started. It was a pretty big physiological blow that affected our start.

Incase you have missed it Hibs are no longer a door mat, we have regained our pride and will hopefully not be resigning players who shat on us from a high height (after rescuing their career).

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Great player when he could be arsed but treated our club and it's supporters with zero respect trying to engineer his move to the Huns.

Fritz
15-06-2017, 08:26 PM

I definitely give you he was an impressive player for us BUT he nailed his colours, in no uncertain terms, to our main rivals mast just before the season started. It was a pretty big physiological blow that affected our start.

Incase you have missed it Hibs are no longer a door mat, we have regained our pride and will hopefully not be resigning players who shat on us from a high height (after rescuing their career).

Aye because I can just imagine McGinn, Gray, Cummings et al in those first few games thinking "oh no, Scotty might be leaving, to our main rivals of all teams, I can't possibly play at my best now!" Rubbish.

Stan the Man
15-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Aye because I can just imagine McGinn, Gray, Cummings et al in those first few games thinking "oh no, Scotty might be leaving, to our main rivals of all teams, I can't possibly play at my best now!" Rubbish.

Fair enough that part is my opinion, but is there any way that situation could be good for morale or for the management team's planning for the season after it has already kicked off?

The disrespect he showed the club is undisputible. If that's your bag then crack on.

WeeRussell
16-06-2017, 07:53 AM

... Or Lennon just didn't fancy him, and it's nothing to do with all that nonsense you just listed? It's certainly nothing to do with our physio.

Stan the Man
16-06-2017, 12:59 PM
... Or Lennon just didn't fancy him, and it's nothing to do with all that nonsense you just listed? It's certainly nothing to do with our physio.

Or maybe he is a believer in 'no player is bigger than the club'?

It may have happened somewhere before, but I can't remember a case of a player disrespecting a club so badly, doing absolutely nothing for a year, then being asked to resign.

If you think that's nonsense, maybe you could petition the club to organise a guard of honour for his triumphant return onto the pitch when he visits with Dundee.

Sean1875
16-06-2017, 04:51 PM

It may have happened somewhere before, but I can't remember a case of a player disrespecting a club so badly, doing absolutely nothing for a year, then being asked to resign.

If you think that's nonsense, maybe you could petition the club to organise a guard of honour for his triumphant return onto the pitch when he visits with Dundee.

KT? :dunno:

Hibernia&Alba
16-06-2017, 04:55 PM
He needs to get his head down and perform for Dundee. He's running out of chances.

ivan03
17-06-2017, 12:48 AM
Scott's agent (same as Jason's) was the engineer behind pushing him out of Hibs and trying to get him to rangers. Scott loved it at Hibs, think he'd be gutted to receive a bad reception when he comes back with Dundee.

snooky
17-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Scott's agent (same as Jason's) was the engineer behind pushing him out of Hibs and trying to get him to rangers. Scott loved it at Hibs, think he'd be gutted to receive a bad reception when he comes back with Dundee.

Where did it all go wrong, eh? :rolleyes:

J-C
17-06-2017, 06:18 AM

The words tough and sh it come to mind.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-06-2017, 06:47 AM
What has he done over the last couple of years to make him such a coup of a signing?

jacomo
17-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Where did it all go wrong, eh? :rolleyes:

I know, right?

CapitalGreen
17-06-2017, 08:17 AM
What has he done over the last couple of years to make him such a coup of a signing?

Exactly, just like when Riordan returned to us.

...or maybe Whittaker now too for that matter.

WeeRussell
18-06-2017, 06:43 PM

I do think your talking nonsense yes, your ridiculous and immature final paragraph doesn't change that.

jacomo
18-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Exactly, just like when Riordan returned to us.

...or maybe Whittaker now too for that matter.

Let's be honest, it's not just like Riordan really is it?

CapitalGreen
18-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Let's be honest, it's not just like Riordan really is it?

You're right, at least we got money when Scott Allan left us for Celtic.

lord bunberry
18-06-2017, 07:22 PM
You're right, at least we got money when Scott Allan left us for Celtic.

We got money when deek left as well