PDA

View Full Version : Jambos Reality Check.

Mikey09
14-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Funding this new stand seems to be a little troublesome. Heard it's over budget and is obviously having a major impact on player recruitment and players leaving as all funds will be going to the payment of this stand. Reality kicking in now.

Waxy
14-06-2017, 11:14 AM
If the new bridge building is anything to go by, a couple of windy days could set back construction by around 4 months.

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Funding this new stand seems to be a little troublesome. Heard it's over budget and is obviously having a major impact on player recruitment and players leaving as all funds will be going to the payment of this stand. Reality kicking in now.
Love hearing stuff like this how much over budget 1.5 million I heard

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bingo70
14-06-2017, 11:37 AM
When is it due to be ready for?

I'm guessing a couple of months from now? If so going by the pictures I'd have thought they'd be further on than they are by now.

Jones28
14-06-2017, 12:27 PM
But this is how big teams do it eh? Over budget and late whereas wee teams manage to do it in a closed season and for the budget set out at the start.

Oh I'm confused now.

Arch Stanton
14-06-2017, 12:48 PM
It looked quite a clever idea when you saw the steel work progressing at the end of the season but now it looks like they've really Theresa May'sd it.

Geo_1875
14-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Anybody got any pictures of their progress?

bingo70
14-06-2017, 12:55 PM

https://twitter.com/thereal_romanov/status/872545488062623745

Think that was from 6 days ago (if the link works)

LancsHibs
14-06-2017, 01:09 PM

Nearly finished ahead of schedule as well

Ozyhibby
14-06-2017, 01:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170614/4498359beecf562aae5904e74b4fc894.jpg
Most recent pic from kickback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
14-06-2017, 01:24 PM

That looks like it will be very, very steep.

Jack
14-06-2017, 04:06 PM
If the new bridge building is anything to go by, a couple of windy days could set back construction by around 4 months.

At least the Scottish Government put penalty clauses into the contract!

Credit for this goes to the civil servants who negotiated the contract and managing to get that included. The contract was not a standard UK government contract so I suppose credit to the SNP Government for allowing this unusual contract to be used. But not as much credit as they will probably claim! ;-)

snooky
14-06-2017, 04:16 PM

What part is Tescos?

Dibben
14-06-2017, 04:20 PM
To save a few bob they are now pushing ahead at getting a very large standing section!!!

Pete
14-06-2017, 04:21 PM

I don't think funding will be too much of a problem.

Plenty floor space for extra cows.

Mikey
14-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I've just had a look at the transfer rumours thread over the road and it's hilarious.

fat freddy
14-06-2017, 04:26 PM
They've made a fairly routine construction into a complicated logistical nightmare. Erecting steelframed structures is very straightforward providing there is space in which to work. The piles which support the structure are whacked into the ground, the pins to which the steel uprights are connected are then installed and the framework is then assembled in much the same way as a Meccanno set. Hearts problem is they are doing this in a piecemeal fashion as they have the asbestos stand sitting in the middle of all this. I can only imagine that the piles for the internal area have still to be driven in and that will have to wait for the stand to be dismantled. It cant be demolished in the usual way due to the asbestos sheets, this will significantly increase the time it will take to remove the old stand, this in turn will delay the piles leading to further delays in the erection of the steel. Im basing my interpretation on the presumption that its a basic steel framer, you never know with this lot, they could be building it with the boxes containing Vlads proposals for a super complex and hardened stale cakes for all I know

Callyballybe
14-06-2017, 04:32 PM
It looked quite a clever idea when you saw the steel work progressing at the end of the season but now it looks like they've really Theresa May'sd it.

"Theresa May'sd it" 😂

Hope that sticks. Belter.

Mikey09
14-06-2017, 04:33 PM
They seem pretty desperate to sell players and, let's be honest, will be replaced by more foreign free transfers. They're kidding themselves on with some of the players mentioned.

snooky
14-06-2017, 04:44 PM
They've made a fairly routine construction into a complicated logistical nightmare. Erecting steelframed structures is very straightforward providing there is space in which to work. The piles which support the structure are whacked into the ground, the pins to which the steel uprights are connected are then installed and the framework is then assembled in much the same way as a Meccanno set. Hearts problem is they are doing this in a piecemeal fashion as they have the asbestos stand sitting in the middle of all this. I can only imagine that the piles for the internal area have still to be driven in and that will have to wait for the stand to be dismantled. It cant be demolished in the usual way due to the asbestos sheets, this will significantly increase the time it will take to remove the old stand, this in turn will delay the piles leading to further delays in the erection of the steel. Im basing my interpretation on the presumption that its a basic steel framer, you never know with this lot, they could be building it with the boxes containing Vlads proposals for a super complex and hardened stale cakes for all I know

Maybe it's Levein's office that's surrounded by the asbestos? He appears to be 'fire'proof.

Unless the asbestos was an unknown factor, the original programme should have that phase of the demolition work accounted for in the time scale.
The possible presence of asbestos would/should have been investigated before the design & tendering process began.

Treadstone
14-06-2017, 05:05 PM
FOH 'interview' in the EEN masquerading as an advertising feature.

LeithSqualk
14-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Just like the rest of their ****hole

lord bunberry
14-06-2017, 05:40 PM
I've just had a look at the transfer rumours thread over the road and it's hilarious.
I just had a look as well. They're all arguing with each other and asking for a square go. It's hysterical.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Budge's Hibs fanatic brother shafting them?

Pleasing...

jonny
14-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Jambo family member of mine wanted to get their old man hospitality at Tynecastle for an upcoming birthday.
He was told that the earliest it would be available is February 2018.
I'm not reading too much into this in terms of the timescale for the stand opening but they surely can't have budgeted for no hospitality till February.

SirDavidsNapper
14-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Is the new stand single tier?

yonder1875
14-06-2017, 06:16 PM

What an absolute shan stadium.

high bee
14-06-2017, 06:18 PM

When the best part of your stadium is the truss/girder, you know it's a bit of a dive.

HFCdeb
14-06-2017, 06:21 PM

This.

Jack Hackett
14-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Is the new stand single tier?

No. It's still a truss with the old stand underneath... but the truss is an architectural marvel :wink:

Pete
14-06-2017, 06:23 PM
I just had a look as well. They're all arguing with each other and asking for a square go. It's hysterical.

Don't try to make an erse of me with your catty comments.

I'll **** you right up.

:rotflmao:

Sioux
14-06-2017, 06:24 PM

This is a beauty;

don't try to make an arse of me with your catty comments.....I'll **** you right up
:faf:

Kato
14-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Wee Airdrie Jambo hiding in the bushes there.

Jack
14-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Jambo family member of mine wanted to get their old man hospitality at Tynecastle for an upcoming birthday.
I'm not reading too much into this in terms of the timescale for the stand opening but they surely can't have budgeted for no hospitality till February.

A jambo friend of mine and his wealthy palls have an all inclusive hospitality table for 10 of them. They've been told February.

The equivalent package at ER is £2,000 each for next season.

Keith_M
14-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Come on, your just a jealous Hobo. That's the best lookin set of girders you'll ever see!

Smartie
14-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Can anyone smell chips?

Nah, I can't yet either.

HFCdeb
14-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Can anyone smell chips?

Nah, I can't yet either.

They're probably too concerned about the great glass curtain steaming up if they turn on the fryer.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2017, 05:12 AM

It's because they've sold out all the hospitality up to that point

They're just that damn popular!

Big team

Nothing to see here, move along

RyeSloan
15-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Come on, your just a jealous Hobo. That's the best lookin set of girders you'll ever see!

How many times do I need to tell you? It's a TRUSS....[emoji23][emoji23]

Sure they will sort it in the end but good to hear they are over budget and behind schedule. And even better is that when it is finished it's still gonna be smaller than ER and non UEFA compliant . Top work from the Budge!

SirDavidsNapper
15-06-2017, 06:51 AM
The Ann Budget stadium

Arch Stanton
15-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Totally confused about that pic - maybe some building expert can explain it.

Now, the upright stanchions which support the roof trusses also support the steel 'steps' which in turn support the pre-cast.

So, the problem as I see it is that the pre-cast has to be narrower than the roof trusses in order to be lowered through. This means that it will also be narrower than the 'steps' which support it (cue whistling sound as the pre-cast plummets to the ground).

I assume I'm just missing something but I can't for the life of me see what. I'm guessing that there are more 'steps' to come but I still can't see how they will get the pre-cast in. Would it be possible to lower them in vertically and somehow rotate them to the horizontal?

Surely it would have been easier if they had left the roof till last - but what the heck do I know.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Totally confused about that pic - maybe some building expert can explain it.

Now, the upright stanchions which support the roof trusses also support the steel 'steps' which in turn support the pre-cast.

So, the problem as I see it is that the pre-cast has to be narrower than the roof trusses in order to be lowered through. This means that it will also be narrower than the 'steps' which support it (cue whistling sound as the pre-cast plummets to the ground).

I assume I'm just missing something but I can't for the life of me see what. I'm guessing that there are more 'steps' to come but I still can't see how they will get the pre-cast in. Would it be possible to lower them in vertically and somehow rotate them to the horizontal?

Surely it would have been easier if they had left the roof till last - but what the heck do I know.

That's been discussed on another thread already, we're not sure how they are going to do it. When we built the east we put the roof on last.

Arch Stanton
15-06-2017, 09:49 AM
That's been discussed on another thread already, we're not sure how they are going to do it. When we built the east we put the roof on last.

Thanks - I just re-read your post on the 'Cash Cow' thread - makes more sense now I looked at the pic. :greengrin

Green Blood
15-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Have heard that due to stand being over budget that Budge is offering fans for a tenner the chance to clean each week the famous glass curtain.

They are concerned however about the condensation issue if Pishybreeks Foulkes takes his seat in the new stand!