PDA

View Full Version : John Hartson

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 10:35 AM
I read on twitter he reckons hibs are working on a shoestring budget.Hope NL is not using him to vent frustration.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibsmad
14-06-2017, 10:40 AM
The guys a knob.

He has already come out and said that Hibs will need to show the same ambition as NL if we want him to stay. These sort of remarks were guaranteed to come the first time we looked like selling one of our stars.

I'd like to know what he expects Hibs to do? Refuse to sell JC and keep him happy by matching the 14K per week on offer down south. Aye good one, John.

hibee316
14-06-2017, 10:41 AM
I read on twitter he reckons hibs are working on a shoestring budget.Hope NL is not using him to vent frustration.

Only so much Hibs can do. Cummings will have signed a contract specifically knowing Hibs would let him go for the right offer.

The power really is in Cummings court I feel!

Ozyhibby
14-06-2017, 10:41 AM

Lennon is smarter than that. I did think we were a bit stingy last season considering the money that came in but it proved to be enough. Will soon find out if we are doing it again this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
14-06-2017, 10:42 AM
**** off, Hartson.

Callum_62
14-06-2017, 10:46 AM
funny, ive had an weird feeling that the budget given could cause issues

might just be stirring the pot though

Michael
14-06-2017, 10:46 AM
What does that even mean? In Scottish terms we have one of the largest budgets. Hearts and Aberdeen will be spending roughly the same.

seanoheimhin
14-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Don't mind JH normally, but he's shown a massive ignorance of Scottish football outside of the two Glasgow teams.

In short, he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Really doubt his comments would have a direct link to Lennon and amazed if we sold Cummings against Lennon's wishes.

Blaster
14-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Like almost all Scottish clubs we have shoestring income

Big_Franck
14-06-2017, 10:50 AM
John Hartson can STFU. He showed with his comments on Hibs the last time that he's not got a clue what he's talking about.

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 10:52 AM
I find the comment strange I think most if not all expected JC to go this window and Jmc which thankfully is quite.
Time will tell I guess

Geo_1875
14-06-2017, 10:54 AM
He has no right to talk about Scottish football. He took more out of the game than he ever put in and continues to dribble pish on the tv.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Swanson/Ambrose/Murray signed. Whittaker and Marciano rumoured to be close. Moult potentially ear marked as a replacement for JC

Where exactly is that a shoestring budget?

Celtic sell player A for £5M then replace him with player B for £1.5M - how is that different to us potentially selling JC for nearly £2M then signing a replacement for say, £750K?

Typical arrogance of a former OF player with not a clue how the rest of the league works. This is shaping up to be one of the best transfer windows in a long time if we can get our number 1 targets (and keep SJM) then we've got clowns like this trying to talk us down? **** off Hartson

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 10:56 AM
He has no right to talk about Scottish football. He took more out of the game than he ever put in and continues to dribble pish on the tv.
I'm getting to that age where I dribble pish but not out my mouth [emoji102] [emoji102] [emoji1]

Geo_1875
14-06-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm getting to that age where I dribble pish but not out my mouth [emoji102] [emoji102] [emoji1]

But they don't let you on tv

Waxy
14-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Did Hartson not kick someone in the pus?

Since90+2
14-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Aye because when Celtic sell Dembele for about 25 Million they will be spending the same amount on his replacement , eh John?

InchHibby
14-06-2017, 11:16 AM
This guy talks pure xxxx.
Has he forgot that the OF get the lions share of all monies coming in, always have and always will, so in a way he might be right, the rest of us are working on a shoe string.
A right Mr Know all, Knows Fxxxxxx

silverhibee
14-06-2017, 11:18 AM
If i remember correctly, Hartson was saying the same things when Lennon was at Celtc, "the board need to match Neil's ambition for the club and back him with money" and Lennon used it as one of the reasons for leaving Celtc.

Hartson will no f*** all about Hibs and what is happening at the club, so quite strange for him to make any comment about us. Has he been put up to it ?

Sir David Gray
14-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Lennon's finding out quickly who his friends actually are. I doubt he'll be happy with people coming out with stuff like this which creates rumours and uncertainty around the club.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2017, 11:20 AM

As opposed to the Rangers and Hearts budgets that are elastic and break when stretched out of their limit. We're doing just fine.

Robinho08
14-06-2017, 11:21 AM
🔔🔚

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 11:25 AM
If i remember correctly, Hartson was saying the same things when Lennon was at Celtc, "the board need to match Neil's ambition for the club and back him with money" and Lennon used it as one of the reasons for leaving Celtc.

Hartson will no f*** all about Hibs and what is happening at the club, so quite strange for him to make any comment about us. Has he been put up to it ?
That's a fair point history repeating itself?
However NL does seem genuinely happy at easter road unless he is being frustrated in players he would like in.
Only one man can answer

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Hartson would be better advised looking after the club that he is paid to manage. I am sure that they will benefit from his expert opinions.

where'stheslope
14-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Staying within budget will always be paramount to the successful running of any club!

Getting good money from the sale of any player, has to be divided between buying a replacement if necessary and funding the wages of said player, also we have to keep upping our infrastructure to ensure we can be seen as a good place to come.

Remember, over the last few years we have been lucky to get to Cup Finals when in a lower division, and that has more than helped our budget and season ticket sales through what could have been harder times.

I'm in the camp for steady progress within the Club over the next few years, rather than spending irrationally as other are doing to try and get further success!!!

Time For Heroes
14-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Did Hartson not kick someone in the pus?

Berkovic, whilst at West Ham IIRC

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Staying within budget will always be paramount to the successful running of any club!

Getting good money from the sale of any player, has to be divided between buying a replacement if necessary and funding the wages of said player, also we have to keep upping our infrastructure to ensure we can be seen as a good place to come.

Remember, over the last few years we have been lucky to get to Cup Finals when in a lower division, and that has more than helped our budget and season ticket sales through what could have been harder times.

I'm in the camp for steady progress within the Club over the next few years, rather than spending irrationally as other are doing to try and get further success!!!
Far to sensible

southern hibby
14-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Lennon's finding out quickly who his friends actually are. I doubt he'll be happy with people coming out with stuff like this which creates rumours and uncertainty around the club.

lets look at it from a different angle. WHAT IF this is a ploy by NL/Hibs to let other teams think we're working on a budget so that if we go for their players they do not try and hold us to ransom?

To me I'm glad if everyone thinks we're working on a tight budget we get the players we want cheaper than we would if every team knows we've got money to spend.

GGTTH

jacomo
14-06-2017, 12:06 PM
The guys a knob.

He has already come out and said that Hibs will need to show the same ambition as NL if we want him to stay. These sort of remarks were guaranteed to come the first time we looked like selling one of our stars.

I'd like to know what he expects Hibs to do? Refuse to sell JC and keep him happy by matching the 14K per week on offer down south. Aye good one, John.

And an ill-informed one.

I've heard him make similar comments before. He is not being helpful.

KeithTheHibby
14-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Hartson is a baldy bawbag who talks a load of pish.

Are we forgetting the amount of crap he spouts in the Sun at the weekend?

superfurryhibby
14-06-2017, 12:33 PM
What does that even mean? In Scottish terms we have one of the largest budgets. Hearts and Aberdeen will be spending roughly the same.

Not sure about Aberdeen, they have a considerably larger turnover than us and likely pay higher wages, alhough the need for a new stadium might impact on this. IIRC they had a 12 million turnover, c 40% bigger than ours.

makaveli1875
14-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Hartson was in Scottish football long enough to know that all teams outwith the ugy sisters work from a shoe string budget . Did he seriously think just because Lennon is the manager were going to suddenly start spending millions on transfers

givescotlandfreedom
14-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Have to agree with the sentiment here about Hartson. I'm sure we'd happily match Neil Lennon or any manager's ambitions if we had the money. But we're not prepared to risk putting our club into danger so it's a moot point. By the same token I'm sure Brendan Rodgers would love some player later he can't afford but Hartson won't question Celtic like that.

jacomo
14-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Hartson was in Scottish football long enough to know that all teams outwith the ugy sisters work from a shoe string budget . Did he seriously think just because Lennon is the manager were going to suddenly start spending millions on transfers

Having listened to Hartson as a pundit on 5 live, he seems pretty clueless about finances in general.

But he raked in £30k a week or whatever it was at Celtc Park so all good from his point of view.

Big L
14-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Hibs know how important it is to make an impact on our return to the Prem. The board will spend every penny they can to support Lennon, just as they did last season when they found the money for Ambrose and Commons etc. Lennon knows his budget will be as good as any team in the league outside sevtic and he will just have to make it work. Hibs are not going to come up with more cash just because Harston spouts off.

NOLA
14-06-2017, 10:40 PM

I reckon every club in Scotland not called Celtic works on a shoestring budget [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk