Still married but pining for his ex bird

snooky
13-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Any news on hendo.... not heard a thing about him in weeks

Still trying to get the sassquach oot his hoose as far as I know. :coffee:

hibbycraig
13-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Still trying to get the sassquach oot his hoose as far as I know. :coffee:

Big Harry would be great banter to have around.

murray26
13-06-2017, 06:32 PM
He should be our number one target..

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2017, 07:13 PM
That probably means nothing is happening.

.Louise.
13-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Saw him in the airport this morning with his Mrs so guessing he's away on holiday.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Saw him in the airport this morning with his Mrs so guessing he's away on holiday.

Top work, Poirot.

Ozyhibby
13-06-2017, 07:51 PM
He needs to decide if he wants to be a footballer or Celtics number 1 fan.
Needs to move this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col2
13-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Top work, Poirot.

😂😂🙃

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 08:38 PM

Why?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Why?

Because he is very good.

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Not first or anywhere near it on our shopping list.

givescotlandfreedom
13-06-2017, 08:52 PM

What makes you think he's a good goalie? :greengrin

Bay Area Hibees
14-06-2017, 05:27 AM
The boy delivers.
Love to see that smile celebrating a hibs goal again.
Legend

ian cruise
14-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Would love to see Henderson back in a Hibs shirt as I think he has a lot of potential and clearly a lot of love for the club but he shouldn't be the number one target. We're not any weaker in midfield that when he was last here and he wasn't a guaranteed starter last time as it was. Definitely forwards and a keeper are the priority.

Steve20
14-06-2017, 08:03 AM

Two good strikers should be at the top of our list of targets.

neil7908
14-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Would be delighted to see him back but presuming Cummings leaves our only options up front will be Murray and Graham.

Pretty clear where we need to focus on IMO.

JDHibs
14-06-2017, 08:33 AM
As far as im aware we arent interested, as Celtic wont lower their price for him.

As for being our no1 target, at present our strikeforce next season is (pending Cummings being sold) Murray/Graham/Shaw, Henderson should be no where near the top of our target list. We need 2 top strikers.

People should move on from Hendo.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2017, 08:39 AM
As far as im aware we arent interested, as Celtic wont lower their price for him.

As for being our no1 target, at present our strikeforce next season is (pending Cummings being sold) Murray/Graham/Shaw, Henderson should be no where near the top of our target list. We need 2 top strikers.

I like Henderson and he's a decent player, but most of the love for him is a result of 2 crosses he delivered last May. If he really was a great player, he'd have started against Rangers that day, but he only got 20 minutes and he can't get a game for Celtic at all.

Id like us to sign him, but a striker(s) is our priority.

Betty Boop
14-06-2017, 08:46 AM

How .much do they want for him ?

CapitalGreen
14-06-2017, 08:49 AM
I like Henderson and he's a decent player, but most of the love for him is a result of 2 crosses he delivered last May. If he really was a great player, he'd have started against Rangers that day, but he only got 20 minutes and he can't get a game for Celtic at all.

That's nonsense, he was excellent that whole season and was already hugely popular with the fans.

The reason he didn't start the final was the system we played meant there was only one spot in midfield for either him or McGinn.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2017, 08:55 AM
That's nonsense, he was excellent that whole season and was already hugely popular with the fans.

The reason he didn't start the final was the system we played meant there was only one spot in midfield for either him or McGinn.

Yes, he was generally liked, but his popularity didn't come close to current levels.

I hope we sign him, but we can do without. We're desperate for strikers though.

CallumLaidlaw
14-06-2017, 09:02 AM

hmm, my memory is that he was hit and miss for the first half of the season, but got more consistent in the 2nd half.

CapitalGreen
14-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Yes, he was generally liked, but his popularity didn't come close to current levels.

I hope we sign him, but we can do without. We're desperate for strikers though.

You could say that about nearly every member of the cup winning squad. Of course the level of adoration they have from the fans was going to increase after that!

As for the second point, I don't think anybody is suggesting we sign him at the expense of a new striker(s). However, people have been saying we still lack creativity in midfield and he would certainly bring that.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2017, 09:24 AM
You could say that about nearly every member of the cup winning squad. Of course the level of adoration they have from the fans was going to increase after that!

As for the second point, I don't think anybody is suggesting we sign him at the expense of a new striker(s). However, people have been saying we still lack creativity in midfield and he would certainly bring that.

I agree. My point is that people are confusing his popularity with his abilities.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think. NL will decide what to do with our budget.

If it involves Hendo, fine. If not, fine.

CapitalGreen
14-06-2017, 09:34 AM
I agree. My point is that people are confusing his popularity with his abilities.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think. NL will decide what to do with our budget.

If it involves Hendo, fine. If not, fine.

I'm not, I think he is an excellent player who having just turned 21 is more than likely only going to improve in the coming years.

hibsmad
14-06-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm not, I think he is an excellent player who having just turned 21 is more than likely only going to improve in the coming years.

I'm with you here.

Right now we need strikers more, but like any successful business/football team we also need to look to the future. John McGinn WILL leave Hibs. If not now then in 12 months time.

If we sign Liam Henderson then I can only see him being a success. Possibly through playing for Hibs for a long time, however my prediction is that he would stay for a few years before moving on for a seven figure sum.

Of course we all love him based on what he did in the final, but I value him this highly regardless of that one game.

Hibee87
14-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Has there ever been any Henderson rumours other than Hibs.net wishes? I don't recall ever reading anything that suggested we were looking to get him. Unless I missed it :confused:

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Has there ever been any Henderson rumours other than Hibs.net wishes? I don't recall ever reading anything that suggested we were looking to get him. Unless I missed it :confused:
I think your spot on its a love in from hibs.net
Would like him though 😉😉

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
14-06-2017, 11:25 AM
How .much do they want for him ?
£150k FACT :greengrin

Betty Boop
14-06-2017, 11:32 AM
£150k FACT :greengrin

Nae bother :greengrin

Tyler Durden
14-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Gets a bit silly on here when people question Hendersons contribution to Hibs just because he didn't start the final.

Assists vs Hearts and ICT on way to the cup. Assists throughout the League Cup run including the semi. Goals and assists in the play off games.

Boy is a star and would walk into any team in Scotland barring Celtic

HibernianJK
14-06-2017, 11:41 AM
hmm, my memory is that he was hit and miss for the first half of the season, but got more consistent in the 2nd half.

This.

Not sure how many games he started but he was never a regular in the first half of the season - did start more in the second half but as a poster has mentioned, I feel people are getting his popularity mixed with his ability slightly.

ancient hibee
14-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Gets a bit silly on here when people question Hendersons contribution to Hibs just because he didn't start the final.

Assists vs Hearts and ICT on way to the cup. Assists throughout the League Cup run including the semi. Goals and assists in the play off games.

Boy is a star and would walk into any team in Scotland barring Celtic
A good player but has he improved since he failed to walk into our team.

MB62
14-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Excellent player who contributed a damn sight more than just two crosses in the final. I remember him scoring an absolute beauty of a goal at Easter Road which flew in to the top corner of the net at the Dunbar End (possibly a free kick against St. Mirren)?

Very good user of the ball and if he came back to ER I would be more than happy. There are other priority positions, as others have suggested, but once those are filled, and if there is any money left, and N.L. is interested in Henderson, I would love to see him back.

Tyler Durden
14-06-2017, 12:04 PM
This.

Not sure how many games he started but he was never a regular in the first half of the season - did start more in the second half but as a poster has mentioned, I feel people are getting his popularity mixed with his ability slightly.

I must have dreamt the 3/4 goals he scored in September/October then.

Within a week of signing he started at Ibrox (missed a good chance) and was rarely out of the starting team after that until Xmas.

Tyler Durden
14-06-2017, 12:06 PM
A good player but has he improved since he failed to walk into our team.

He started virtually every big game other than the SC final, so he did walk into our team.

And yes I'm sure he has improved training in that Celtic squad and played great when he got an opportunity

Could play any number of positions for this Hibs team

Springbank
14-06-2017, 12:09 PM
I must have dreamt the 3/4 goals he scored in September/October then.

Within a week of signing he started at Ibrox (missed a good chance) and was rarely out of the starting team after that until Xmas.

For those of us who went through to Dumbarton during 2015/16 too, the sorts of games where too many of our 'stars' left their desire on the M8, Henderson was head and shoulders above everyone in terms of attitude, effort, commitment and guile.
I would never tire of watching him play football in a Hibs shirt!

Also, as an aside, throughout this season just passed (where he was a Celtic player) you'll have spotted him at Hibs games, his twitter profile pic was him up arthur seat looking over at easter road, he auctioned off a lot of his Hibs memorabilia for charity (raising thousands in the process). This chap could not be more of a Hibee

worcesterhibby
14-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Henderson is a very good player and I suspect a very good guy to have in the dressing room/squad because of his enthusiasm and they way he "bought in" to Hibs. However we must never forget that he (and Stokes) played in a team that came 3rd in the Championship and failed in the play offs. He is a good player, but he's not a world beater, otherwise he would have been able to exert his influence more, impose himself on games and would have scored/assisted more goals. I don't doubt that he may well have since improved and will continue to improve and I would be delighted if we signed him, but signing him or not signing him won't make or break out up-coming season.

Priority is two forwards who will score 15 goals + each

lord bunberry
14-06-2017, 12:20 PM
If he's available we should try and sign him. Strikers might be a priority, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore everything else. I would hope Lennon has a list of possible signings and we should be working hard to get as many of them as we can. The more quality the better.

Elephant Stone
14-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Henderson is a very good player and I suspect a very good guy to have in the dressing room/squad because of his enthusiasm and they way he "bought in" to Hibs. However we must never forget that he (and Stokes) played in a team that came 3rd in the Championship and failed in the play offs. He is a good player, but he's not a world beater, otherwise he would have been able to exert his influence more, impose himself on games and would have scored/assisted more goals. I don't doubt that he may well have since improved and will continue to improve and I would be delighted if we signed him, but signing him or not signing him won't make or break out up-coming season.

Priority is two forwards who will score 15 goals + each

And got to two cup finals in the same season, winning one*

worcesterhibby
14-06-2017, 01:03 PM
And got to two cup finals in the same season, winning one*

I hadn't forgotten :greengrin:flag::flag::greengrin

.Sean.
14-06-2017, 02:06 PM
He's got bags of talent, plays for the badge, unlike hundreds of other mercenaries who claim to love the club they play for he genuinely does, he's available, wants to play for us and won't break the bank.

Why's he no been signed yet?

hughio
14-06-2017, 02:23 PM
He's got bags of talent, plays for the badge, unlike hundreds of other mercenaries who claim to love the club they play for he genuinely does, he's available, wants to play for us and won't break the bank.

Why's he no been signed yet?

Leanne's just waiting for the Jason cheque to clear then its £750K to Sellik for Hendo:cb
Please don't say "source?"

Its just a rumour.

Flyingwaitor
14-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Celtic rate him...but there just isn't the space in their team. Cracking player with bags of potential. Hibs cant afford his transfer fee or even next year...a development fee for him. We can dream but the best that can be hoped for is a loan. Never say never but it's highly unlikely. Players like Henderson, Moult, Boyce...we simply cant afford. There is a feel good factor round our club just now, which is brilliant, but lets not get carried away. I've no doubt if NL wanted 200k for a player he would get it, but 500k for one player...no chance. Our budget will be equal to aberdeen and the yams and they wont be spending 500k on 1 player. I have faith in Hibs and we will bring in players who improve the team!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Cod Boy
14-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Can't see Hibs paying that kind of money for anybody.

hibs#1
14-06-2017, 02:48 PM
I'd love him back but I wouldn't prioritize him just yet.if Whittaker does sign we'll be sorted in defence.(well done Lennon solid foundation 1st.)marciano looks likely as well.2 strikers are desperately needed before any other signings.

superfurryhibby
14-06-2017, 05:37 PM
If McGinn leaves, which I suspect he will, then Henderson would be an excellent signing.

No matter, we need depth of squad and we know that Dylan is very likely to be out with injury. We have defensive mid cover in Bartley, Martin and possibly Ambrose and Stevenson at a push. More forward thinking competition in the centre would be good.

For the sake of his development Henderson needs to play. He loves the Hibs and we know he's agood player, someone with real potential. Get the laddie signed up, even if he costs.

Captain Trips
14-06-2017, 07:19 PM
My mate at work is Celtic ST holder believes that Henderson is not going get in ahead of Mcgregor and he is likely to be loaned out.

Baw187
14-06-2017, 08:51 PM

This 100%.

I'd be apathetic if Henderson signed. Think we need other / different / better players before bringing Liam back.

Legend for 21/05/16 but not tugging myself at the thought of him coming back.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Check the number of "but"s on this thread!

If he came back how long until the "still dining out on that final sub appearance"?

Some may say I'm a dreamer...

Pete70
14-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I'd love him back but I wouldn't prioritize him just yet.if Whittaker does sign we'll be sorted in defence.(well done Lennon solid foundation 1st.)marciano looks likely as well.2 strikers are desperately needed before any other signings.

This