PDA

View Full Version : Investment in Aberdeen.

Ozyhibby
13-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a significant investment.
https://stv.tv/news/north/1391095-scots-software-entrepreneur-buys-stake-in-aberdeen-fc/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
13-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Sounds like a significant investment.
https://stv.tv/news/north/1391095-scots-software-entrepreneur-buys-stake-in-aberdeen-fc/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't say that he's put (or is going to put) any money into the club.

California-Hibs
13-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Doesn't say that he's put (or is going to put) any money into the club.

Erm, yes he does allude to that in the article...

''Has bought shares and said he will offer "financial support"

''Mr Cormack was president and chief executive of software company Brightree, which sold for $800m (£629m) earlier this year.''

''we must kick-on from here and fully exploit opportunities to increase revenues and our fanbase."

''Im sure we can get the club into a position where increased revenues, an expanded fanbase, and a state-of the-art community stadium and training campus will position AFC well to exploit changes that evolve in European club competition."

Peevemor
13-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Erm, yes he does allude to that in the article...

"Financial support" - OK, I'll give you that, but more is made of his experience and business acumen.

Michael
13-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Sounds good for them. Hopefully most will go to the stadium rather than the playing side.

Sioux
13-06-2017, 12:05 PM
A bit of a play on words I think. He will offer "financial support". Why the use of quotes? If his support was financial, grammatical emphasis wouldn't be needed. If he had, or was to plough money into the club, I'm sure they would have been singing his praises from the rooftops, ala hertz with Romanov.

His 'financial support' may just be investment or commercial advice and for that he has been appointed to the board. He's bought shares but are those existing shares? If so it won't be the club that gets his dosh.

I doubt very much he has invested in the way of the lying king. On the other hand, maybe he has.

Its all a bit of a yammish message to the fans. "geez yer money"

This bit seems to be pertinent in that theory - "Between us, and with the support of our fans, I'm sure we can get the club into a position where increased revenues..."

Peevemor
13-06-2017, 12:07 PM
A bit of a play on words I think. He will offer "financial support". Why the use of quotes? If his support was financial, grammatical emphasis wouldn't be needed. If he had, or was to plough money into the club, I'm sure they would have been singing his praises from the rooftops, ala hertz with Romanov.

His 'financial support' may just be investment or commercial advice and for that he has been appointed to the board. He's bought shares but are those existing shares? If so it won't be the club that gets his dosh.

I doubt very much he has invested in the way of the lying king. On the other hand, maybe he has.

This bit seems to be pertinent in that theory - "Between us, and with the support of our fans, I'm sure we can get the club into a position where increased revenues..."

Definitely the tone I took from the article - we'll wait and see.

Lago
13-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Sounds good for them. Hopefully most will go to the stadium rather than the playing side.
First thing he meet have to fund is a new manger if Sunderland persue their interest.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2017, 12:21 PM

It's the use of the word "offer" that has my pedantry intrigued.

I've "offered" Hibs "financial support", but at 25% per month interest, they're cool on the idea.:greengrin

Col2
13-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Mcinnes now cert for Sunderland. Clubs talking compensation.

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Mcinnes now cert for Sunderland. Clubs talking compensation.

He should get the heave from there just in time to go to Ibrox.

Lago
13-06-2017, 04:46 PM
My guess Dons will go for Tommy Wright.

bigstu
13-06-2017, 06:25 PM
They've done well of late encouraging investment, there was a couple that put millions into the club not so long ago