PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sir Tom

Hibs07p
12-06-2017, 02:54 PM
27 years ago today.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/on-this-day-in-1990-hibs-saved-from-mercer-takeover-1-4473358

GGTTH

Mr White
12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Thank you to Sir Tom. We also owe a great deal of gratitude to Kenny McLean Snr and the others who approached STF and convinced him to get involved.

Hibby Gav
12-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Thank you Sir Tom....a true legend in the History of Hibernian football club.

ggtth

Hibs07p
12-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Thank you to Sir Tom. We also owe a great deal of gratitude to Kenny McLean Snr and the others who approached STF and convinced him to get involved.

Very true.

GGTTH

fat freddy
12-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Under his tenure we have rebuilt the stadium and made it into one of the finest stadiums in the country, built our own training facility, won two league cups and the holy grail. The only thing missing is a statue of the man.

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I feel the fans of this club should organise something to show our appreciation to the man who is a true legend of the club.

I'd name the West Stand after him

Nakedmanoncrack
12-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Not an accurate account of what actually happened - Hibs were saved by us, we the supporters saved ourselves. Tom Farmer's main involvement wasn't until a year later.

superfurryhibby
12-06-2017, 05:45 PM
I feel the fans of this club should organise something to show our appreciation to the man who is a true legend of the club.

So would I.......if he decided to forgo the rest of the repayments due to him for the cash for the 51% of the club. If he did that I would suggest we could name the stadium after him.

As the owner of the club he has seen some massive highs and our all time lows on the field. Certainly glad that he has been our custodian, he will always be one of the giants in the history of Hibernian.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2017, 06:54 PM
So would I.......if he decided to forgo the rest of the repayments due to him for the cash for the 51% of the club. If he did that I would suggest we could name the stadium after him.

As the owner of the club he has seen some massive highs and our all time lows on the field. Certainly glad that he has been our custodian, he will always be one of the giants in the history of Hibernian.
The repayments aren't for the 51%. They're for the loan that we owe him after he did the deal with the bank.

The cash for the shares is a separate issue.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Andy74
12-06-2017, 07:08 PM

He already took a hit on that debt level. He's also selling the shares and letting Hibs have the cash. He's gone way beyond what you're suggesting.

HFCdeb
12-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Under his tenure we have rebuilt the stadium and made it into one of the finest stadiums in the country, built our own training facility, won two league cups and the holy grail. The only thing missing is a statue of the man.

Amen.

Bay Area Hibees
12-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Yes when I think of Queen Anne being lauded feels like we undervalue sir Tom

mca
12-06-2017, 08:39 PM

This.. :aok:

KeithTheHibby
12-06-2017, 10:10 PM
27 years owning the club, some achievement.
Might even be some kind of record?

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 10:12 PM

I would go along with that.

jacomo
12-06-2017, 10:13 PM

:agree:

jacomo
12-06-2017, 10:16 PM

Without a doubt.

But do it now or when he steps back from the club, whenever that might be?

kaimendhibs
13-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Always laugh when I hear Sir Tom should do more etc. The man is a hero👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kennyh
13-06-2017, 09:44 AM
I will never forget getting the phone call from my mum when i was at work down south and feeling hopelessly low. I had to do something so came up for the rally and spread the word of Hands off Hibs everywhere I could.

All involved in the campaign deserve special praise for saving our club and I would have no issue if the club renamed a stand after Tom Framer or Kenny McLean

Bostonhibby
13-06-2017, 09:55 AM
An honourable man.

Just think, he might never have got involved with Hibs if it wasn't for Mercer's debt laden attempt to close us down.

Karma.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Always laugh when I hear Sir Tom should do more etc. The man is a hero👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This.

Imo he is the most important non playing man in our history.

Some people need to ask themselves how much they have done for the club compared to STF.

jax67
13-06-2017, 10:46 AM
God bless you sir Tom👏👏

My_Wife_Camille
13-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Without a doubt.

But do it now or when he steps back from the club, whenever that might be?

At the risk of sounding morbid or potentially insensitive (which I absolutely do not intend to be in the slightest), I would love do it while he is still around to appreciate just how highly regarded he is by the fans of this club.

jacomo
13-06-2017, 01:46 PM
At the risk of sounding morbid or potentially insensitive (which I absolutely do not intend to be in the slightest), I would love do it while he is still around to appreciate just how highly regarded he is by the fans of this club.

Ultimately the decision is his. I am not sure he would appreciate the fuss.

But I agree that it would be a good idea to do it soon. He's seen good times and bad times with Hibs, and this would be a great way of recognising his huge contribution to the club.