PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Tamhere1875
12-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Looking like it's not only Nottingham Forest who are interested in signing Jason seems there a few others showing interest to. Let the bidding war begin.

Greencore
12-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Looking like it's not only Nottingham Forest who are interested in signing Jason seems there a few others showing interest to. Let the bidding war begin.
Who else ?

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2017, 12:46 PM

Can you produce some facts please.

Tamhere1875
12-06-2017, 12:46 PM
QPR , Leeds and ANO

bingo70
12-06-2017, 12:48 PM
If we've already accepted a bid then the bidding war will be great for Cummings but don't see it impacting us much.

LancsHibs
12-06-2017, 12:51 PM
If we've already accepted a bid then the bidding war will be great for Cummings but don't see it impacting us much.

We decide who we sell to, not JC. Let the auction commence!

cabbageandribs1875
12-06-2017, 01:02 PM
QPR , Leeds and ANO

several clubs are in for chris wood, he very much played as the lone striker for Leeds last season and he is 6ft 3", if they plan playing same formation next season JC can't fill that role

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 01:16 PM
We decide who we sell to, not JC. Let the auction commence!
Not entirely true. JC doesn't have to sign for anyone even if we agree a transfer fee. Failing to agree personal terms is a good example.....

21sMay
12-06-2017, 01:17 PM
If there is a release clause then all they have to do is meet the valuation on the clause . Hopefully not though

SanFranHibs
12-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Not entirely true. JC doesn't have to sign for anyone even if we agree a transfer fee. Failing to agree personal terms is a good example.....

Though not knowing exactly what goes on behind the scenes I would be very surprised if NL, LD/RP, or whomever, would not talk to JC and discuss possible options, assuming there is real interest in him that is likely to lead to an offer.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2017, 01:33 PM
If there is a clause there will be no bidding war

Kaff
12-06-2017, 01:38 PM
If there is a clause there will be no bidding war

I disagree, if there is one team interested and they meet the clause then yes we can't go demanding more but if some other teams join in then there is no reason Leeds won't/can't increase the bid above that of Forest and we play hard with the eventual winner of the 'bidding war' using the other teams as the bargaining tools

Andy74
12-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I disagree, if there is one team interested and they meet the clause then yes we can't go demanding more but if some other teams join in then there is no reason Leeds won't/can't increase the bid above that of Forest and we play hard with the eventual winner of the 'bidding war' using the other teams as the bargaining tools

Here we go again....

ElginHibbie
12-06-2017, 01:41 PM

If there is a clause there is no way any club will pay a penny over that amount, if they want to ensure they get Jason they offer him more money not the club

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-06-2017, 01:42 PM
People seem to really struggle with the concept of a release clause eh!

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Here we go again....

Indeed.

As in the last debate, I'd doubt anyone outside of ER actually knows the specific wording of this so-called "release clause".

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Indeed.

As in the last debate, I'd doubt anyone outside of ER actually knows the specific wording of this so-called "release clause".
Haw you - leave them alone to slug it out. Cheers up a bleak Monday morning......

:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I disagree, if there is one team interested and they meet the clause then yes we can't go demanding more but if some other teams join in then there is no reason Leeds won't/can't increase the bid above that of Forest and we play hard with the eventual winner of the 'bidding war' using the other teams as the bargaining toolsIt isn't up for debate, if there is a clause then all bids of that price will be accepted with no choice of Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Haw you - leave them alone to slug it out. Cheers up a bleak Monday morning......

:greengrin

:na na:

lord bunberry
12-06-2017, 02:01 PM
If there is a clause there is no way any club will pay a penny over that amount, if they want to ensure they get Jason they offer him more money not the club

That's how I would see it going as well. Why would they pay us more money? Jason holds all the aces once any clause is triggered.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 02:01 PM
You'd have to figure there must be a release clause otherwise why accept the first offer made for him ?

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 02:03 PM
So it's now been proved to the fullest extent that the law allows that there is a clause. Or maybe it's just yet another .net myth that's become a (ahem) FACT.........

southsider
12-06-2017, 02:06 PM
You'd have to figure there must be a release clause otherwise why accept the first offer made for him ?
Nothing from Hibs to say we have accepted any bid. Not denied either mind but Leann may be off on holiday.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 02:07 PM
So it's now been proved to the fullest extent that the law allows that there is a clause. Or maybe it's just yet another .net myth that's become a (ahem) FACT.........

Has anyone said there is definitely a clause ?

KWJ
12-06-2017, 02:07 PM
And Hibs aren't going to renege on a deal that they've accepted. Other clubs could offer the same deal or structure it differently but if the Nottingham Forest's bid has been accepted then Cummings is free to talk to them and anyone else who has an accepted bid.

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 02:08 PM

That's what I take from it too but why then did Lennon stop him and SJM from talking about their futures, he said it was the club that would decide as we hold their contracts. It certainly mixed messages, we either have total control or there's a buy out clause where we don't have control. If there's no buy out clause we knock back the first bid and see where it takes us. Confused with all this TBH.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Nothing from Hibs to say we have accepted any bid. Not denied either mind but Leann may be off on holiday.

Agreed, but OP in the other thread has a decent track record and Kenny Millar is usually reliable with his info.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 02:16 PM

She was in the country as of Saturday as she attended the Sco v Eng game.

Iain G
12-06-2017, 02:22 PM

What about the sanity clause? :confused:

Leith's finest
12-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Would find it hard to belive a 500k clause in place when we knocked back a 1.8 mill bid a while back

Gordy M
12-06-2017, 02:37 PM
IF and i think its a bif IF, there is a 500k release clause, i would imagine here would be at least a dozen english teams i for JC. 500k is nothing in england these days, and therefore almost no risk for the majority of championship teams.

Peevemor
12-06-2017, 02:37 PM
A release clause could well change depending on the amount of time left on the contract, eg. 3 years - £1m, 2 years £500k, 1 year £250k.

I doubt add-ons would trigger a release clause - only a definite cash amount.

MKHIBEE
12-06-2017, 02:40 PM

Fiorello: Hey, wait, wait. What does this say here? This thing here.
Driftwood: Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause. That's in every contract. That just says uh, it says uh, "If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know...
Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!

J-C
12-06-2017, 02:49 PM

Yes his dad to me 2 weeks ago, which I posted on private board.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Yes his dad to me 2 weeks ago, which I posted on private board.

Cheers, I thought I had read it somewhere on here. It makes sense there was to get him to sign his last contract. Although I wonder why it was a four year deal he signed, chances are he would have been away by the end of next season at the latest.

Niffy
12-06-2017, 03:04 PM
If the release clause is 500k , that's a farce.

J-C
12-06-2017, 03:08 PM
If the release clause is 500k , that's a farce.

It will not be £500k, a 7 figure sum has been quoted. No one actually knows what the figure is but I can't see us knocking back £1.4m last year and allowing a £500k release clause in his new contract.

Niffy
12-06-2017, 03:11 PM
It will not be £500k, a 7 figure sum has been quoted. No one actually knows what the figure is but I can't see us knocking back £1.4m last year and allowing a £500k release clause in his new contract.

That's what I meant, to knock back a good figure to then let him go for as small amount as that would be daft.

Jim44
12-06-2017, 03:18 PM

Keep that old nice man out of this.:greengrin

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 03:22 PM
See page 12 of Cummings to Forest Thread. I posted on it this morning.

Email chat with one of JC good friends at work this morning, confirmed he is on way to Nottm Forest and there is a release clause of 500k. He says JC confirmed this himself in their group chat last night. Now I got shot down for posting this, it could be bull but it is what one of his own mates have said. However I dont claim to be in the know, i am just passing on a conversation i had today. And i can vouch guy from work is indeed friends with JC.

If it is announced as undisclosed fee by hibs it would be very suspicious.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Email chat with one of JC good friends at work this morning, confirmed he is on way to Nottm Forest and there is a release clause of 500k. He says JC confirmed this himself in their group chat last night. Now I got shot down for posting this, it could be bull but it is what one of his own mates have said. However I dont claim to be in the know, i am just passing on a conversation i had today. And i can vouch guy from work is indeed friends with JC.

What does the clause actually say?

B.H.F.C
12-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Hibs would be daft to announce it as anything other than an undisclosed fee. Why let other teams know how much you have to play with?

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 03:25 PM

The brother of Hibs Communcations Manager has confirmed the fee is 7 figures, I think I'll take that over your tenuous link to Jason.

Jim44
12-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Every man and his dog seems to know about this clause. Might it not be conceivable that NF knew about it. If so, why offer a seven figure sum?

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 03:31 PM
The brother of Hibs Communcations Manager has confirmed the fee is 7 figures, I think I'll take that over your tenuous link to Jason.

Well i will take that, as i said on the other thread I myself believe it will be 7 figure sum and Hibs arent stupid enough to put such a release clause in his contract. As said, I dont claim to be in the know, merely passing on information i was told by one of his mates. My reply to him this morning was also nah it will be more, Rod Petrie and Dempster are sound when comes to finances and driving good bargains.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Every man and his dog seems to know about this clause. Might it not be conceivable that NF knew about it. If so, why offer a seven figure sum?

If there is release clause I have no doubts Nottingham Forest would know about it. The only reason they would offer a seven figure sum is because that's how high the release clause is.

Iain G
12-06-2017, 03:35 PM

You seem to be stirring the brown stuff with this little story of yours... :stirrer:

Iain G
12-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Fiorello: Hey, wait, wait. What does this say here? This thing here.
Driftwood: Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause. That's in every contract. That just says uh, it says uh, "If any of the parties participating in this contract is shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."
Fiorello: Well, I don't know...
Driftwood: It's all right, that's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a 'sanity clause'.
Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha! You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Clause!

:aok::greengrin:not worth

Vini1875
12-06-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd be interested to know from all the experts what the sell on clause was. If Jason goes in this window surely he is being short sighted as a season in the top league would see his value and therefore wages increase. Maybe he feels that a multiple of his present wage and in the shop window in England is the way to go. Either way good luck to him.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 03:41 PM
You seem to be stirring the brown stuff with this little story of yours... :stirrer:

Take it as you will. As i made it clear from off I was delivering a genuine conversation I had with one of his mates. Thats the nature of the beast of fan forums. If i had said same story but said the fee was 1.8 million everyone would believe it then and be excited. People just dont want to read or believe anything that could be bad. And for the record I think we will get 7 figure sum and his mate is wrong.

Niffy
12-06-2017, 03:48 PM
With Jason not being the sharpest stick, it may well be the release clause is a certain figure but Hibs can then start a bidding war, Jason will no doubt get a bit confused and tell his "mates" what he can work out the deal is, but Leanne & Rod will do the real sorting out.

Jason will tell his mates £500k and I can go.
Rod & Leanne will probably say , no Jase, £500k is to open negotiations.

That's my take on the "his mate told me this" thing.

Will he take his travel adapter to Nottingham ?

ElginHibbie
12-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Kenny Millar on twitter saying he knows seven figures is right, but doesn't know exact amount and any figures around is people guessing at a random amount

J-C
12-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Folk don't know what the clause is, I'd expect it to be around £1m with a 15-20% sell on clause.

Tamhere1875
12-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Clause will be somewhere around what the offer for him was last season £1.5 m to £1.8 m

MacGruber
12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Kenny Millar on twitter saying he knows seven figures is right, but doesn't know exact amount and any figures around is people guessing at a random amount

So could be anything up to £9,999,999 :)

Velma Dinkley
12-06-2017, 04:13 PM
There is no clause.

Callum_62
12-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Its in Hibs interest to either keep the figure quiet, or diminish its perceived value

Iain G
12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
With Jason not being the sharpest stick, it may well be the release clause is a certain figure but Hibs can then start a bidding war, Jason will no doubt get a bit confused and tell his "mates" what he can work out the deal is, but Leanne & Rod will do the real sorting out.

Jason will tell his mates £500k and I can go.
Rod & Leanne will probably say , no Jase, £500k is to open negotiations.

That's my take on the "his mate told me this" thing.

Will he take his travel adapter to Nottingham ?

The release clause is the release clause, no bidding war will happen as nobody will pay us more than that figure as they don't have to...

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 05:01 PM

If there is a clause, and here's the reason i have my doubts, Lennon said a few weeks ago that £1.8m wouldnt get you his left leg?

:confused:

Andy74
12-06-2017, 05:06 PM
If there is a clause, and here's the reason i have my doubts, Lennon said a few weeks ago that £1.8m wouldnt get you his left leg?

The cost of that sort of surgery must be pricey.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2017, 05:06 PM

I heard that too, wonder if it was tongue in cheek though

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 05:07 PM
The cost of that sort of surgery must be pricey.

And probably reduce his worth too i'd imagine? :greengrin

Brightside
12-06-2017, 05:08 PM
There is no clause.

Surprise Surprise

jeffers
12-06-2017, 05:11 PM

I suppose he's more likely to come out with a comment like that praising Cummings than say there is a release clause. As has been said earlier on the threads if there was no release clause why, as it appears, are we accepting the first bid that has come in for him this summer..........

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 05:12 PM

It would be a daft thing to say, if we then had to accept less than that though billy? I'm not convinced there is a release clause, but i suppose we will find out soon enough. :greengrin

bingo70
12-06-2017, 05:14 PM
It would be a daft thing to say, if we then had to accept less than that though billy? I'm not convinced there is a release clause, but i suppose we will find out soon enough. :greengrin

IMO there won't be a clause but a gentlemens agreement from when he extended his contract last season that we would consider any fair offer that came in this year if he stayed and helped us get promoted.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-06-2017, 05:17 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170149-jason-cummings/

It's certainly annoyed the ****ers......

Waxy
12-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Funny some of them still think he's a jambo. Even after ramming his seventh goal against them and celebrating by lifting our Scottish cup right in their faces.

Aldo
12-06-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170149-jason-cummings/ It's certainly annoyed the ****ers......

O the seethe! I like the bit about getting £ 9 million for a player. The roasters never saw a penny of that and it went straight in Vlads suitcase and away to Lithland!

Fuzzywuzzy
12-06-2017, 05:39 PM
O the seethe! I like the bit about getting £ 9 million for a player. The roasters never saw a penny of that and it went straight in Vlads suitcase and away to Lithland!

It's the thinking behind Lloyd's getting 40% of a transfer. They have greater knowledge of our finances than their own

speedy_gonzales
12-06-2017, 05:45 PM

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that link, but,,,,
"Remember, under the terms of their debt write off agreement with the bank they're entitled to about 40% of any transfer fee." & "Lloyds (HBOS) were definitely due a cut of transfers for a period of time. Not sure how long that period was and how big a cut they would get though. Dundee Utd had a similar arrangement. "
I tend to follow the football, not the finances but does anyone know if there's any truth in these comments?
I'm aware banks had to shed their toxic debt a while ago and lots of sports clubs had financial products withdrawn or terminated early, but did that include %age's on future transfers?
Smells like a steaming pile of horse manure but I'm not familiar with such practices!?!

Kato
12-06-2017, 05:48 PM

Like your persistence.

lord bunberry
12-06-2017, 06:11 PM

That lot have clearly spent far too much time standing on the beach shouting at the sea to go away.
I'm starting to feel sorry for them, they're completely pitiful.

Col2
12-06-2017, 06:17 PM
"Remember, under the terms of their debt write off agreement with the bank they're entitled to about 40% of any transfer fee." & "Lloyds (HBOS) were definitely due a cut of transfers for a period of time. Not sure how long that period was and how big a cut they would get though. Dundee Utd had a similar arrangement. "
I tend to follow the football, not the finances but does anyone know if there's any truth in these comments?
I'm aware banks had to shed their toxic debt a while ago and lots of sports clubs had financial products withdrawn or terminated early, but did that include %age's on future transfers?
Smells like a steaming pile of horse manure but I'm not familiar with such practices!?!

The poster names LeChat is one of the most bitter of the lot of them.

I remember he was beside himself when we won the cup. Absolutely destroyed him and he said he needed some time away from football. Later admitted on private members board (oh yes 😉) that he had a wee cry the night we won it. Bitter and broken.

truehibernian
12-06-2017, 06:24 PM

.....meanwhile Jamie Walker has been pictured with Holt and the 2 new The Rangers signings out socially today.........is Walker under contract ?

From having so called million pound players and a 'conveyor belt of young Scottish talent', they could lose all 3 for around half of what we are getting for Jason - pleasing :greengrin

....oh and we've (still) got McGinn :aok:.....

12-06-2017, 06:31 PM

I remember he was beside himself when we won the cup. Absolutely destroyed him and he said he needed some time away from football. Later admitted on private members board (oh yes 😉) that he had a wee cry the night we won it. Bitter and broken.

Hahahahahahahahahah oh god post a screenshot of his PM post.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 06:33 PM
IMO there won't be a clause but a gentlemens agreement from when he extended his contract last season that we would consider any fair offer that came in this year if he stayed and helped us get promoted.

:agree: Yip i'd agree with that, and Lennon would know this as he was the one who persuaded him to sign the contract.

And when he said you couldn't get his left leg for the amount Peterborough offered last season, that would seem to say the offer would have to be more than £1.8m? :dunno:

SChibs
12-06-2017, 06:35 PM
I don't think this deal is too bad. He's unproven above Scottish championship level. From what I've heard it's 1.4m upfront whereas the 1.8 from last summer was the total which included a variety of things so we probably wouldn't even have got the whole 1.8m.

12-06-2017, 06:35 PM
:agree: Yip i'd agree with that, and Lennon would know this as he was the one who persuaded him to sign the contract.

And when he said you couldn't get his left leg for the amount Peterborough offered last season, that would seem to say the offer would have to be more than £1.8m? :dunno:

According to Kenny Millar the Peterborough offer consisted of a lot add ins and clauses so maybe wasn’t as attractive as a £1.4m fee up front.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 06:37 PM
According to Kenny Millar the Peterborough offer consisted of a lot add ins and clauses so maybe wasn’t as attractive as a £1.4m fee up front.

I can accept that until Lennon said his left leg was worth more than £1.8m and how Cummings was a superstar.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2017, 06:38 PM

After their experiences with toxic teams like the now defunct Glasgow rangers and the poppy thieves the banks were doing severance deals to get out of football entirely. Not much chance of your average idiot who thinks putting coppers into a statue of a cow is the way finance works, ever understanding what severance means..............

However the banking sector generally were keen to do deals to get cash in (from those that actually had it) and from football clubs in particular.Commercial decisions were taken and decent incentives to reduce and clear debt were given. We took that chance, others were incapable.

It's well known Lloyds were gobsmacked at BOS generosity with certain clubs and I've not heard anything as ridiculous as retaining a financial interest / dependency on an uncertain business that you've proactively got out of.

Maroon balloons, but if the hammer of the yams does go, thanks for the money.

Elephant Stone
12-06-2017, 06:47 PM
I don't think this deal is too bad. He's unproven above Scottish championship level. From what I've heard it's 1.4m upfront whereas the 1.8 from last summer was the total which included a variety of things so we probably wouldn't even have got the whole 1.8m.

He scored more goals than Stokes in the Championship and Stokes is near enough as good as it gets in terms of SPL strikers. Does anyone actually have any genuine doubts that he'd score a similar amount in the Premiership? No doubt in my mind whatsoever that if we keep him we're getting another 20 or so goals across the competitions next season. Selling him now, with three years left in his contract, for anything less than £2m would be poor business, in my humble opinion.

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 06:51 PM
I can accept that until Lennon said his left leg was worth more than £1.8m and how Cummings was a superstar.

This what I don't get either, we should be holding out for the most money possible, knock back initial offers and see what more can be squeezed out. We're in no hurry to sell, it's early in the window and who knows who else would be willing to offer more. If there is no clause then why the rush?

tamig
12-06-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm getting fed up of all this speculation. Could someone itk PM me a clause please? It's getting too much.

007 Mickey Weir
12-06-2017, 07:02 PM

They owed Farmer £2m in soft loans and owed the bank £6.9m. Farmer did a deal with the bank ripping off the UK taxpayer and they suddenly owed him £5m secured repayable at £41,667 per month for ten years. That's why they dreamed up the HSL thing, to pay STF and that's why so few of the muppets contribute

Hahahahaha the bit about us ripping off the tax payer. Oh the irony.

Andy74
12-06-2017, 07:06 PM
They owed Farmer £2m in soft loans and owed the bank £6.9m. Farmer did a deal with the bank ripping off the UK taxpayer and they suddenly owed him £5m secured repayable at £41,667 per month for ten years. That's why they dreamed up the HSL thing, to pay STF and that's why so few of the muppets contribute

Still haven't seen anything that suggests we got much of a deal from the bank. Looked more like we got a great deal from Sir Tom and the holding company.

Aldo
12-06-2017, 07:09 PM
.....meanwhile Jamie Walker has been pictured with Holt and the 2 new The Rangers signings out socially today.........is Walker under contract ? From having so called million pound players and a 'conveyor belt of young Scottish talent', they could lose all 3 for around half of what we are getting for Jason - pleasing :greengrin ....oh and we've (still) got McGinn :aok:.....

Indeed ... On that thread they mention just that TH!! Walker still has a year to run!! And yes SJM!!

Is it me or does no one want to play for this new management team at the yams!!

tamig
12-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Erseholes making things up. Some absolute guff on that thread. Where do these tubes get their crazy ideas from? Mental.

Aldo
12-06-2017, 07:13 PM
After their experiences with toxic teams like the now defunct Glasgow rangers and the poppy thieves the banks were doing severance deals to get out of football entirely. Not much chance of your average idiot who thinks putting coppers into a statue of a cow is the way finance works, ever understanding what severance means.............. However the banking sector generally were keen to do deals to get cash in (from those that actually had it) and from football clubs in particular.Commercial decisions were taken and decent incentives to reduce and clear debt were given. We took that chance, others were incapable. It's well known Lloyds were gobsmacked at BOS generosity with certain clubs and I've not heard anything as ridiculous as retaining a financial interest / dependency on an uncertain business that you've proactively got out of. Maroon balloons, but if the hammer of the yams does go, thanks for the money.

The difference being under Vlad he robbed them and everyone else blind. We actually have an owner who is a reputed businessman and used his own money to guarantee our debt!!

It's all very pleasing tbh and it's actually quite funny seeing them struggle to cope with the 'level playing field' they find themselves in!!

Aldo
12-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Erseholes making things up. Some absolute guff on that thread. Where do these tubes get their crazy ideas from? Mental.

As I have just mentioned.... They cannot get their heads round having to pay their way and by balancing a playing budget and the new mega stand!!

For 30 years they have lived well above their means.

tamig
12-06-2017, 07:17 PM
The difference being under Vlad he robbed them and everyone else blind. We actually have an owner who is a reputed businessman and used his own money to guarantee our debt!!

It's all very pleasing tbh and it's actually quite funny seeing them struggle to cope with the 'level playing field' they find themselves in!!
I think Vlad was the reputed businessman whereas STF is a reputable one 😉

Aldo
12-06-2017, 07:21 PM
I think Vlad was the reputed businessman whereas STF is a reputable one dde09

Ah indeed!! Oops! Me bad!

At the end of the day those roasters got done twice by Vlad. Once for the shares and then for their ST money! Agent Vlad take a bow!! 😆

Kato
12-06-2017, 09:09 PM

What an abject weirdo of a human. It's all about Hibs, something to hate rather than love his own club. His life must be hellish.

Sammy7nil
12-06-2017, 09:36 PM

There ain't no sanity claus

mca
12-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Still haven't seen anything that suggests we got much of a deal from the bank. Looked more like we got a great deal from Sir Tom and the holding company.

Sure i read something at the time about "Interest Free".. Was the Bank Paid back early and the Amount Shifted to STF.. Or are We paying back the Bank ??

och im lost now..

Andy74
12-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Sure i read something at the time about "Interest Free".. Was the Bank Paid back early and the Amount Shifted to STF.. Or are We paying back the Bank ??

och im lost now..

I forget detail to be honest but holding company paid the bank. That payment and existing debt to them were then turned into one amount of £5m to be paid interest free.

The question is whether the bank got all or most of their cash back and the holding company took the hit for us or whether they did a deal with the bank.

Not sure if anyone has been able to follow it through the holding co accounts.

Phil MaGlass
12-06-2017, 09:50 PM
He scored more goals than Stokes in the Championship and Stokes is near enough as good as it gets in terms of SPL strikers. Does anyone actually have any genuine doubts that he'd score a similar amount in the Premiership? No doubt in my mind whatsoever that if we keep him we're getting another 20 or so goals across the competitions next season. Selling him now, with three years left in his contract, for anything less than £2m would be poor business, in my humble opinion.

Im of the same thinking. He wuld score no problem in the spl. Anything less than 2 million would imo not be worth it.

GreenPJ
12-06-2017, 09:52 PM
I forget detail to be honest but holding company paid the bank. That payment and existing debt to them were then turned into one amount of £5m to be paid interest free.

The question is whether the bank got all or most of their cash back and the holding company took the hit for us or whether they did a deal with the bank.

Not sure if anyone has been able to follow it through the holding co accounts.

I would guess a bit of both. STF agrees a reduced early payment and in return will take a non inflated return from the holding company.

Eyrie
12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
According to our most recent accounts, Hibs bank with Santander and not Lloyds so we're not due Lloyds a penny.