PDA

View Full Version : Hammer of the Hearts - thank you.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 07:10 AM
With it looking increasingly likely JC is on verge of moving, like to have a seperate thread thanking him. He arrived a Jambo, he leaves (likely) a Hibs legend. He has gave us some wonderful moments, the goals, the daft moments. We will be losing a massive character not only on the pitch but he will be missed in the dressing room. Large personality that has helped the team spirit over last few years.

Thank you for touch of the angel, thank you for the goals especially against Hearts. Will never forget the header that started the comeback against Hearts, ball seemed to take years to go in. He said he wouldn't leave until we got promoted, he kept his word. He is a massive part in why we have been promoted in first place.

Favour JC moment ?

jason Cummings thank you, you used to be a Jambo but you're alright now.

CraigHibee
12-06-2017, 07:22 AM
With it looking increasingly likely JC is on verge of moving, like to have a seperate thread thanking him. He arrived a Jambo, he leaves (likely) a Hibs legend. He has gave us some wonderful moments, the goals, the daft moments. We will be losing a massive character not only on the pitch but he will be missed in the dressing room. Large personality that has helped the team spirit over last few years.

Thank you for touch of the angel, thank you for the goals especially against Hearts. Will never forget the header that started the comeback against Hearts, ball seemed to take years to go in. He said he wouldn't leave until we got promoted, he kept his word. He is a massive part in why we have been promoted in first place.

Favour JC moment ?

we will miss Jason's goals for sure but in lennon we trust, THAT lopping header against hearts at tynecastle in the cup will be fondly remembered, never thought it was going in :greengrin

all the best Jason, you're welcome back anytime, preferably in a hibs top though :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
12-06-2017, 07:32 AM
For the last 2 years ive had a nagging feeling he would head down south then return to join hearts after a year or 2.......i hope im wrong

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 07:40 AM
For the last 2 years ive had a nagging feeling he would head down south then return to join hearts after a year or 2.......i hope im wrong

Nah mate ..... I cant see JC returning to Scotland to play in the Championship again, which is where the Yams will be playing by then if they continue on their current trajectory :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
12-06-2017, 07:42 AM

Favour JC moment ?

Here here. Some special memories of him slaying Hearts. His goal in the first money spinning replay was my favourite but loved the "lifting the cup" celebration infront of the raging big team fans after his goal in second money spinner

DaveF
12-06-2017, 07:51 AM
His miss against Raith at Starks Park :-0

He will certainly be missed if this goes through, but good luck to him.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 07:56 AM
The game at Tannadice where he smacked in a rasper and then punched the ball into the net getting himself sent off .... both sides of JC in one game, the brilliant finisher and the daft laddie.

We rescued him from the Jambo scrapheap, but he has repaid that in full ...... Its a hell of a step up from three seasons in the Scottish Championship to the English Championship and I don't think there is anyone on here who would pretend that Jason is the finished article ... I don't blame him for taking the opportunity, Forest are a hell of a better prospect than Peterborough would have been, not to mention a nice city with ( I'm lead to believe ) one of the highest ratios of females to males in the UK :greengrin ...... but I hope that missing that one season in the Premier league that would have sharpened him up and toughened him up doesn't come back to haunt him.

Cheerio Cumdog its been a blast ..... the very best of luck to you ya wee legend :not worth

Oh and PS ...... Fair play to Warburton, it cant be easy to sign a guy who is gonna' remind you of your worst day in football every time you look at him :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
12-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Too many to mention but his goal against Hearts last season and his celebration was class.

You will be sorely missed JC :hibees

makaveli1875
12-06-2017, 08:05 AM
legend :not worth:flag:

Captain Trips
12-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Great goals and great memories. All the best in your future, I know it will be great.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
The word maverick was made for Jason Cummings.

21sMay
12-06-2017, 09:29 AM
The performance when he got the double against the rangers. First season in the championship . Touch of an angel I Think where his words . It's been a blast and wish him nothing but the best down south

BH Hibs
12-06-2017, 09:30 AM
:giruy2:

lucky
12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
The penalty at Hampden against United when tried that stupid chip is probably the biggest memory as I've never seen anyone try it in such a big game

Ilovehibs
12-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Thank you for everything Jason...all your goals, your celebrations,your hilarious whacky comments, your spirit, your destruction of hearts, your sense of fun coupled with your ability to do the business. Love you man and we are going to miss you big time.

Forever a Scottish Cup winning legend.

Good luck down south. Hope it works out for you.
If not, get yourself back to the Hibees Cumdog.

sleeping giant
12-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Hibernian Scottish Cup winner.
Cheers Jason

Geo_1875
12-06-2017, 10:32 AM
He owes us nothing.

We owe him so much.

Thanks for everything.

Auckland Hibs
12-06-2017, 10:33 AM
The penalty at Hampden against United when tried that stupid chip is probably the biggest memory as I've never seen anyone try it in such a big game

Remember sitting at home watching it online, I was half pished and it was silly o'clock here in NZ, when he did it my jaw just dropped & I was completely speechless - I've tried to block it out even now.

There's been some great memories - good luck JC :flag:

Stevie Reid
12-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Just to be a pedant, Zinedine Zidane did it in the World Cup Final (and only just got away with it), and that type of penalty is named after a guy who scored the winning goal in the penalty shoot out in the final of the European Championships in 1976.

Anyway, I love Jason Cummings, and he will be missed hugely. Would love to have seen him have a crack at the SPL (and play more games against Hearts!), but he could easily have left us before now, and he deserves his chance to make some life-defining wages.

His comment that he would have stayed at Hibs his whole career says it all - all the best Jason :aok:

BT58
12-06-2017, 10:39 AM

He had the temerity to try that penalty kick, had it went in we would have raved about it for years. At least he had the baws to take another 1 later on. Hopefully he will make it darn sarf and we will benefit from it.
JC, THE HAMMER O HERTZ AND THE HUNS. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

12-06-2017, 11:18 AM

If he hadn't done it the game could have taken a completely different course so might not have had the Conrad Logan heroics.

Best of luck Cumdog if the deal goes through. Don't forget to get an adaptor plug for Nottingham.

hibsbollah
12-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Scored some great goals, important goals and lots of derby goals but mostly I'll remember his spirit and attitude. Shouldn't be forgotten that he went scoreless for his first 16 games and many of us had written him off. :thumbsup:

mentalhibee
12-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Standing up the back of the Roseburn at Tynie, freezing my bollocks off, hangover kicking in..2-0 down in the Scottish Cup to our arch rivals, thinking the dream was over for another year, totally dejected...then Jason Cummings loops an outrageous header in! Don't think I've had a bigger change of emotions at a football game. We then go on to win the trophy! Thanks Jason, you Legend!!!

Shrekko
12-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Jim McIntyre did it against us in a cup semi when he played for Dunfermline in 2007.

Diclonius
12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
5 goals against Hearts.

Cup winner with an assist for the first goal.

Legend. Welcome back any time.

oneone73
12-06-2017, 12:34 PM
It's been great fun, Jase. Always a legend. All the best.

SanFranHibs
12-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Great goals and great memories. All the best in your future, I know it will be great.

Simple and can't be put any better.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-06-2017, 01:07 PM
I frequently watch the goal he scored against Hearts in the replay first time round - I watch the periscope video filmed from the Hearts end - comedy gold. Plus, if you turn it up loud, the Hibs fans are fabulous after the game kicks off again. [emoji3]

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Never a dull moment with that laddie. Forest are about to get a quality player who will continue to prove his doubters wrong. Hibs legend.

Earlydelivery
12-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Great wee player ... I for 1 will sorely miss him .

.Sean.
12-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Been mentioned by other folk but what I'm ****ting it about is him going down there and it not working out and ending up at Hearts.

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Been mentioned by other folk but what I'm ****ting it about is him going down there and it not working out and ending up at Hearts.

So was I but somebody else quite rightly pointed out that after they chucked him the first time, they tried to sign him back at the same time we did. If he was that desperate to go back then he would have gone then.

lyonhibs
12-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Has he officially left yet??

SirDavidsNapper
12-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Cummings will never play for a club like Hearts in his career. The boy has something. Would be great to see him come back to Hibs eventually.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2017, 07:03 PM

I honestly don't see that happening. If it didn't work out for him in England I could see him coming back to us.

emerald green
12-06-2017, 07:37 PM

Jason Cummings maybe acts a bit daft at times, but he's not that daft!

Zazu62
12-06-2017, 07:55 PM
I honestly don't see that happening. If it didn't work out for him in England I could see him coming back to us.

Or Sevco

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2017, 08:17 PM

:agree: They sold him out. The wee felly's got pride, he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Go and make a name for yersel down south Jason. Give it everything you have.

12-06-2017, 08:28 PM
My wee memory of Jason after we won the cup outside the players entrance the back of one. He came out with a beer and nip and the security boy said you can't bring that out here. " I'm Jason Cummings I do what I want ".

mca
12-06-2017, 08:33 PM
JC will be Back in January... Give it a Few Weeks and The Dressing Room will be :singing: Warburtons a ... :wink:

el hibs
12-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Thank you.

"It's Cummings down the line!"

SChibs
12-06-2017, 08:46 PM

I not friends with Jason but we have mutual friends and from what I've heard he loves hibs but was brought up a jambo and would join them in the future if the opportunity arose.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-06-2017, 08:59 PM
I not friends with Jason but we have mutual friends and from what I've heard he loves hibs but was brought up a jambo and would join them in the future if the opportunity arose.

Nah. Laddie has too much pride for that.

The Spaceman
12-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Thank you Jason Cummings No.35 - Hibernian Football Club Scottish Cup Winning Legend 2016.

Gave us so many fantastic (and hilarious) memories over the past couple of years. Has helped to keep what should have been a dull slog highly entertaining and has helped rebuild our club to one of its best positions in most of our lifetimes. Good luck with your move, hope you fulfil all your potential.

jacomo
13-06-2017, 06:13 PM

Are these friends Jambos by any chance?

All things are possible in life, but I'd be very surprised.