PDA

View Full Version : Alan McRae

Stubbsy2016
11-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Alan McRae, the president of the SFA said the following "We definitely need a good, strong Rangers. They are back, but they still have a bit to go."

I understand wanting a challenge to Celtic, but why Rangers?

Why not a strong Hibs? Why not a strong Aberdeen?

The president of the bloody SFA, that is what we're up against!

iwasthere1972
11-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Alan McRae, the president of the SFA said the following "We definitely need a good, strong Rangers. They are back, but they still have a bit to go."

Is that the guy who was chewing a wasp in the background when our players were getting presented with their Scottish Cup Winners medals?

SouthMoroccoStu
11-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Is that the guy who was chewing a wasp in the background when our players were getting presented with their Scottish Cup Winners medals?

Entirely possible

There was a lot of pi**ed off looking sfa employees in the background during the trophy presentation

Captain Trips
11-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Firstly they aren't back and secondly we need strong everyone. Just the sort of pish we have all come to expect.

Oh and thirdly we are finishing above them.

Waxy
11-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Just promote The rangers and celtic up a division and let them play each other 36 times a season. No promotion or relegation. Let the rest get on with it.

Stubbsy2016
11-06-2017, 08:28 PM

That's him, also famous for being pied by Rod Stewart after offering him a handshake, during THAT cup draw.

Bostonhibby
11-06-2017, 08:32 PM

Think he was actually the head of security. His miserable hunnish looking face was in the programme if I remember correctly.

MacRaes only repeating what he's heard at the Lodge meetings.

iwasthere1972
11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Think he was actually the head of security. His miserable hunnish looking face was in the programme if I remember correctly.

MacRaes only repeating what he's heard at the Lodge meetings.

SFA President. At least he got the correct score. :wink:

Bostonhibby
11-06-2017, 08:51 PM
SFA President. At least he got the correct score. :wink:

Just checked the programme, you're right. There's also later photo's of the trophy presentation with a guy in it with a face like he just sat in something unpleasant, he is the head of Security.

He didn't have his finest hour mind, especially if he was involved in the decisions that meant their weren't many plod in the stadium at the end.

gordonced18
11-06-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't get all this we need a strong Rangers pish!! I'm happy to see them struggle along as they are thank you......

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

BH Hibs
11-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Think that security guy wa equally pissed off when Celtic won the cup this year as well.

Topographic Hibby
11-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Just checked the programme, you're right. There's also later photo's of the trophy presentation with a guy in it with a face like he just sat in something unpleasant, he is the head of Security.

He didn't have his finest hour mind, especially if he was involved in the decisions that meant their weren't many plod in the stadium at the end.

Think that security guy wa equally pissed off when Celtic won the cup this year as well.

Peter McLaughlin -see https://uk.linkedin.com/in/peter-mclaughlin-34760755

I'm sure I caught a glimpse of him during TV coverage of the Scotland game on Saturday. But it was during an England corner in the first half. Yer man, Peter, was behind the electronic boards at the junction between North & East stands. Seemed an odd place for him to be......

iwasthere1972
11-06-2017, 09:39 PM

I'm sure I caught a glimpse of him during TV coverage of the Scotland game on Saturday. But it was during an England corner in the first half. Yer man, Peter, was behind the electronic boards at the junction between North & East stands. Seemed an odd place for him to be......

Mayday Mayday :wink: Tell your lads to get their erses back to Hampden pronto, the Hibees have just scored.

Bostonhibby
11-06-2017, 09:41 PM

Yep, that's the one.

After his sterling performance at the 2016 final maybe he's been "promoted" to head of checking security just behind the electronic boards at the junction between North & East stands? :dunno::greengrin

HibbyDave
12-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Standing alongside the fans from Englandshire?

neil7908
12-06-2017, 07:50 AM
In any other league in the world that would be an absolutely unheard of statement from a supposedly impartial governing body.

In Scotland there'll be minimal fuss made and no consequences.

Can you imagine the Spanish FA saying that about Barca, the English FA about Man United?

How will our game ever change when people in power make statements like that?

I'm so, so tired of Scottish football. I'm delighted to be prompted but there is something a little depressing about going back to a league where the odds are so stacked against us.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Who the hell actually cares what that tool has to say anyway ...... Chairman of an organisation that couldn't make a success of a lemonade stand in Death Valley and slavering utterances like that show why.

GreenLake
12-06-2017, 09:26 AM
He should resign immediately.

easty
12-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Who the hell actually cares what that tool has to say anyway ...... Chairman of an organisation that couldn't make a success of a lemonade stand in Death Valley and slavering utterances like that show why.

A lemonade stand in Death Valley sounds like a difficult organisation to make a success out of. It's a huge area, so you're hoping that you get some footfall, but it's not a given by any means. You'd need some kind of cooling system, but there's no power, so maybe a generator, but how do you keep that from overheating, plus you'd have to get it there everyday, unless you're employing some overnight security, which is going to kill your profits, which to be honest, from selling lemonade, aren't going to be big.

ian omand
12-06-2017, 09:29 AM

The problem is not that he said this, the problem is that he feels that he can say what he hopes and no one in Scottish football or the media will condemn him for his obvious bias.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 09:56 AM
A lemonade stand in Death Valley sounds like a difficult organisation to make a success out of. It's a huge area, so you're hoping that you get some footfall, but it's not a given by any means. You'd need some kind of cooling system, but there's no power, so maybe a generator, but how do you keep that from overheating, plus you'd have to get it there everyday, unless you're employing some overnight security, which is going to kill your profits, which to be honest, from selling lemonade, aren't going to be big.

:greengrin

There`s no end of solar power opportunities in Death Valley I would imagine so that's not gonna be a problem. As for footfall, thousands of folk visit it every year as a tourist attraction, you could probably make enough to live on just selling to the never ending stream of TV production crews who never seem to tire of filming the place :na na:

easty
12-06-2017, 10:11 AM

There`s no end of solar power opportunities in Death Valley I would imagine so that's not gonna be a problem. As for footfall, thousands of folk visit it every year as a tourist attraction, you could probably make enough to live on just selling to the never ending stream of TV production crews who never seem to tire of filming the place :na na: