PDA

View Full Version : Cummings to Forest Rumour

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Phil MaGlass
12-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Does anyone else think that even if it is 1.4 million or thereabouts it is still a fairly significant amount of money for a club in Scotland? Especially considering we have all our own facilities, are paying no rent to anyone and only in debt to pay off mortgages on our stadium?

Yes more would be great and all but if the full amount or 2/3rds is to go on the team that still seems like a great return to me.

Add on the 11400 odd STs sold so far and it makes for a healthy transfer budget!
No 1.4 mill for a prospect like him is pi5h

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Kenny Millar has just tweeted hibs are in for moult and Stewart.. here's hoping !

ElginHibbie
12-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Sun saying we are after Louis Moult and Greg Stewart as replacements

Dunbar Hibee
12-06-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd absolutely love it if we sign Louis Moult!!

Sioux
12-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Excuse me, but are you really saying the agent will pass on information that will reduce the signing-on fee and therefore his commision?

Don't think so.:bitchy::bitchy:

Come into the real world.

Posh Swanny
12-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Jason has proved that he's a natural goalscorer J-C, albeit at Scottish Championship level. I believe he has the potential to do so at a higher level if he calms down, cuts out the nonsense, and works hard at his game. Goalscorers are worth their weight in gold to use that old football cliche.

NF paid £5m for a striker signed from League 1 I believe. If Hibs have agreed a figure of £1-£1.4m in Cummings' contract that's a mistake, and is selling ourselves short. Again just my opinion mate. :aok:

The guy they paid that for now has a record with them better than 1 in 2 and attracting interest of bigger clubs so his fee appears to be justified.

There's a few added factors to the fee. We paid £1.6 million for Brit and had him on a longish contract having raked in £6 million the year before from selling Dwight Gayle. Also, Forest had ****ed us around with George Boyd and a failed eye test on deadline day a few years before that so Barry and Darragh played hard ball.

As strikers, Brit and Gayle were on a different planet to anything I've seen before or since in a Posh shirt though and £5m-£6m genuinely didn't seem particularly outlandish at the time.

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Excuse me, but are you really saying the agent will pass on information that will reduce the signing-on fee and therefore his commision?

Don't think so.:bitchy::bitchy:
Think you're missing the point somewhat.The release fee is what the buying club has to pay the selling club.This has no effect on signing on fees.

Spike Mandela
13-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Does anyone else think that even if it is 1.4 million or thereabouts it is still a fairly significant amount of money for a club in Scotland? Especially considering we have all our own facilities, are paying no rent to anyone and only in debt to pay off mortgages on our stadium?

Yes more would be great and all but if the full amount or 2/3rds is to go on the team that still seems like a great return to me.

Add on the 11400 odd STs sold so far and it makes for a healthy transfer budget!

As long as you replace 20 goals a season.

When you look at Jason's yearly goal tally against suggested replacements like Moult and Stewart you realise just how good it is.

Arch Stanton
13-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Come into the real world.

You're right - as ancient hibee points out I haven't thought that one through.

However, I'm not a believer in the 'get out clause' theory anyway, I'm more of a 'gentlemans agreement' man myself. :greengrin

brog
13-06-2017, 08:03 AM
The fact that Jason signed the contract, he'll know. He'd have read it! His agent will know - that's how NF will know.

Jason thought he needed a passport for Cardiff, I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be au fait with all the exact terms of his contract. Personally I'm not convinced JC has a specific release clause in his contract, these things remain comparatively rare & AFAIK no MSM have as yet mentioned such a clause. Fletch & Broony had a gentleman's agreement only & those transfers worked to everyone's benefit. I'm sure JC's will be more formal but I believe LD etc may have left us with some wriggle room. Here's hoping!

brog
13-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Absolute pearler of a comment on here.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/196536/2781937/

"My mate's dad is his postie" puts our fish man in his place!

Bostonhibby
13-06-2017, 08:13 AM
"My mate's dad is his postie" puts our fish man in his place!

I reckon that over 10 rounds, 2 submissions or a knock out our Fishman would beat a postie hands down.

Need to get it organised.:wink:

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 08:28 AM
You're right - as ancient hibee points out I haven't thought that one through.

However, I'm not a believer in the 'get out clause' theory anyway, I'm more of a 'gentlemans agreement' man myself. :greengrin
Quite right too,but no strange handshakes.:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
13-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Nottingham post suggesting Mahoney and Cummings may have medicals today.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-live-connor-mahoney-and-jason-cummings-set-for-medicals-jorge-grant-signs-deal/story-30386589-detail/story.html

jacomo
13-06-2017, 08:48 AM

If he does go then that's 3 of our 4 strikers from last season that need replacing. And Graham didn't really convince last season.

Quite a risk.

JimBHibees
13-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Jason thought he needed a passport for Cardiff, I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be au fait with all the exact terms of his contract. Personally I'm not convinced JC has a specific release clause in his contract, these things remain comparatively rare & AFAIK no MSM have as yet mentioned such a clause. Fletch & Broony had a gentleman's agreement only & those transfers worked to everyone's benefit. I'm sure JC's will be more formal but I believe LD etc may have left us with some wriggle room. Here's hoping!

I think it was a travel plug adapter. :greengrin

Diclonius
13-06-2017, 10:25 AM
If we replace Cummings with Stokes, Stewart and Moult with Shaw and Murray in reserve, we'll be fine. Boyce would be even better.

It's a far cry from James Collins and Rowan ****ing Vine, but the window's not over so I won't celebrate just yet..

Cabbage7062
13-06-2017, 11:06 AM
SSN reporting that NF could be losing Britt Assombalonga to Boro. I'd imagine they will be getting a decent fee for him if they do sell.

brog
13-06-2017, 11:27 AM
I think it was a travel plug adapter. :greengrin

You're right, even better!!

RossScott1991
13-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I hope the move is completed ASAP, swiftly get confirmation and some clarification how much the fee is, and what is our plan from there. Would love for it to be announced by tomorrow. Let Jase have his farewell interview in the EEN and then hear thoughts from Leanne and Lennon.

staunchhibby
13-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Ye given the support they have had this season would be nice to have an update re what is happening.

Lago
13-06-2017, 11:33 AM

When you look at Jason's yearly goal tally against suggested replacements like Moult and Stewart you realise just how good it is.
Moult & Stewart scored in the top league, Jason in the 2nd tier, so not exactly like for like, but undoubtedly he will be missed. However you can't deny the boy an opportunity to improve his game.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-06-2017, 11:36 AM
As much as Jase will be missed on the pitch, I'm sure he'll be equally missed off it. A big factor in our comeradary and the feel good factor down at East Mains

JDHibs
13-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Our strikeforce for next season, if rumours are to be believed is looking like -

Moult
Stewart
Stokes
Murray
Shaw
Graham (although rumoured to be leaving last month)

Id be delighted with that, Cummings has had a major burden to be our goalscorer for 3 seasons, that lot their all score goals but also bring more to the table in terms of all round play and versatility. Stewart/Murray/Stokes have all played out wide in the past and have been effective.

Am i sad to see Cummings go? Yes, it is a major disaster? No. Every player has his price and every player can be replaced.

21sMay
13-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Still Think Lennon will look to bring In a big target man like Holt. Seems to like the idea of a big man to batter defences

Spike Mandela
13-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Moult & Stewart scored in the top league, Jason in the 2nd tier, so not exactly like for like, but undoubtedly he will be missed. However you can't deny the boy an opportunity to improve his game.

Can't deny the boy his chance at bigger wage of course not. Just don't think he will be as easy to replace as some think.

Check their stats when they were Jason's age and played at a much lower level. Jason is streets ahead.

Do you doubt cummings would score in the Scottish Premiership, I don't. He's scored against Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee Utd.....etc

ancient hibee
13-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Our strikeforce for next season, if rumours are to be believed is looking like -

Moult
Stewart
Stokes
Murray
Shaw

Id be delighted with that, Cummings has had a major burden to be our goalscorer for 3 seasons, that lot their all score goals but also bring more to the table in terms of all round play and versatility. Stewart/Murray/Stokes have all played out wide in the past and have been effective.

Am i sad to see Cummings go? Yes, it is a major disaster? No. Every player has his price and every player can be replaced.

What an optimist.Replacing a young player with three experienced guys who have all played at a good level.

Lago
13-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Can't deny the boy his chance at bigger wage of course not. Just don't think he will be as easy to replace as some think.

Check their stats when they were Jason's age and played at a much lower level. Jason is streets ahead.

Do you doubt cummings would score in the Scottish Premiership, I don't. He's scored against Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee Utd.....etc
I know he would score in the top league, no doubt but 20 goals in the season not sure. The bottom line is I think he has indicated a desire to move on and play down South. NF are not & will never again be a top flight EPL club, but as a stepping stone for Jason ideal. I wish him well.:aok:

southern hibby
13-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Have no inside knowledge at all, but would not be surprised if JC is loaned back to us for the season. Only reason I think this is because of the money being quoted for him, if this figure is true.

If this were to happen it would suit both parties, we get money and a season more from JC and NF get a lad cheap and another season developing in a higher league than he has played in.

GGTTH

Keyser Sauzee
13-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Why are folk thinking Stewart is a striker, he's never played there and plays as an attacking midfielder. He won't be part of our forward line if he signs. Good player

Arch Stanton
13-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Still Think Lennon will look to bring In a big target man like Holt. Seems to like the idea of a big man to batter defences

I thought that was more about finding a striking partner for JC - bit of a lost cause as it turns out.

Hopefully NL will find a way to make us more effective up front as we have been a bit dysfunctional.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Have no inside knowledge at all, but would not be surprised if JC is loaned back to us for the season. Only reason I think this is because of the money being quoted for him, if this figure is true.

If this were to happen it would suit both parties, we get money and a season more from JC and NF get a lad cheap and another season developing in a higher league than he has played in.

GGTTHSpending 7 figures on a guy and loaning him out isn't a win for NF.

Kavinho
13-06-2017, 01:03 PM
If we replace Cummings with Stokes, Stewart and Moult with Shaw and Murray in reserve, we'll be fine. Boyce would be even better.

It's a far cry from James Collins and Rowan ****ing Vine, but the window's not over so I won't celebrate just yet..

Awful suggestion

Ryan69
13-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Spending 7 figures on a guy and loaning him out isn't a win for NF.

Would make a lot of sense.

would be taking a step up in league,playing ever single week,and if he does well.....back down the road for his chance in January.

Cummings has ahell of a lot potential! But if you think he's gonna just walk into a championship team,and play 90 mins every week...your having a laugh.

Mainstandman
13-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Nottingham post suggesting Mahoney and Cummings may have medicals today.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-live-connor-mahoney-and-jason-cummings-set-for-medicals-jorge-grant-signs-deal/story-30386589-detail/story.html
Mahoney is no the the guy from Police ACademy. Will he policing the midfield for them

tamig
13-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Moult
Stewart
Stokes
Murray
Shaw

Don't think there is any chance we will have all of those strikers. Let's just see what NL comes up with.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Would make a lot of sense.

would be taking a step up in league,playing ever single week,and if he does well.....back down the road for his chance in January.

Cummings has ahell of a lot potential! But if you think he's gonna just walk into a championship team,and play 90 mins every week...your having a laugh.If you think NF can afford 1.4 million on a guy only to loan him out you are having a laugh. If they want Cummings it will be to play him.

the_ginger_hibee
13-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Mahoney is no the the guy from Police ACademy. Will he policing the midfield for them

No - it's a guy called Balls Mahoney (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=balls+mahoney&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU_PmO_LrUAhXjJMAKHdx9AG8Q_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=700) and I'm sure he'll be the piledriver in midfield that Forrest need to stunner the league.

snooky
13-06-2017, 02:16 PM
My prediction is we'll lose a couple of key players, Hibs will say they've finished all their tramsfer business and we've got a great squad that could well win the SPL. This will be followed by a couple of panic buys in January thereafter a bottom six dog fight to stay up. Season tickets will soar again prior to the selling of star players.

It's never happened before so I'll probably be proved wrong on all accounts.

Ryan69
13-06-2017, 02:39 PM
If you think NF can afford 1.4 million on a guy only to loan him out you are having a laugh. If they want Cummings it will be to play him.

They are getting a big wedge from that other striker whos going to Boro,they have nee investor....dont rule it out

At best Cummings will be making subs appearances.
£1.4 million is pocketmoney to Championship clubs...you really shouldnt kid yourself on on that front.

Col2
13-06-2017, 02:40 PM
My prediction is we'll lose a couple of key players, Hibs will say they've finished all their tramsfer business and we've got a great squad that could well win the SPL. This will be followed by a couple of panic buys in January thereafter a bottom six dog fight to stay up. Season tickets will soar again prior to the selling of star players.

Really?

So the club have operated with a premier league quality squad for 3 years to get back into the top league and NOW we will cut back? Season tickets and average crowds at record levels. It's recognised that income could be c£2m+ up from last season from just being in top league and we are about to get c£1.5m in cash on top of that.

We have a manager who has already said he expects us to compete for 2nd.

Yet you think Leanne and co are going to go into next season without replacing the 3 strikers we lost including one of them being top scorer for last 3 years?

No guarantee we will get our targets in market but I am willing to bet any amount of money the scenario you suggest will not happen.

CockneyRebel
13-06-2017, 02:53 PM

Jeezo - calm the beans man. It's only 13th June. I hope they sign someone before you slit your wrists.

Mcpakeisgod
13-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Really?

So the club have operated with a premier league quality squad for 3 years to get back into the top league and NOW we will cut back? Season tickets and average crowds at record levels. It's recognised that income could be c£2m+ up from last season from just being in top league and we are about to get c£1.5m in cash on top of that.

We have a manager who has already said he expects us to compete for 2nd.

Yet you think Leanne and co are going to go into next season without replacing the 3 strikers we lost including one of them being top scorer for last 3 years?

No guarantee we will get our targets in market but I am willing to bet any amount of money the scenario you suggest will not happen.

I believe that was a whoooooosshhhhh moment

RossScott1991
13-06-2017, 02:55 PM

You sound fun on a night out

Bostonhibby
13-06-2017, 02:57 PM
You sound fun on a night out
Whoooooooosh.

I know he's kidding.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Col2
13-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Whoooooooosh.

I know he's kidding.[emoji1]

Wow. Funny 🙃

Bostonhibby
13-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Wow. Funny 🙃
Just trying to lighten it up a bit. Seems to have worked.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2017, 03:10 PM

Well if we're buying trams instead of players then we are snookered.

wfortune
13-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Do forest not have a transfer embargo? Or has it been lifted with the new owner?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

snooky
13-06-2017, 03:48 PM
Jeezo - calm the beans man. It's only 13th June. I hope they sign someone before you slit your wrists.

Please note - my post was meant to be tongue-in-the-cheek, putting together all the nightmares we've had in the past into a one-season scenario.
Of course I don't expect it to happen ............. but it could :whistle:

:wink:

Fuzzywuzzy
13-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Tomorrow could possibly be a tell with the launch of the new strip? Prize asset not modeling it. I know we've made some signings but you'd have to think cumdog would have been one of the models

RossScott1991
13-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Tomorrow could possibly be a tell with the launch of the new strip? Prize asset not modeling it. I know we've made some signings but you'd have to think cumdog would have been one of the models

is it tomorrow the new strip is launched? if so something to look forward to todays been a slow news day!

stu in nottingham
13-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Do forest not have a transfer embargo? Or has it been lifted with the new owner?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

The embargo was lifted some time ago but they still have financial restraints on spending for the coming season to stop them going back into it.

H18 SFR
13-06-2017, 05:04 PM

He would have still been on holiday had he not returned for his move. My money is on Martin Boyle and his fiancée.

WoreTheGreen
13-06-2017, 05:10 PM
He would have still been on holiday had he not returned for his move. My money is on Martin Boyle and his fiancée.

They will give the club a lift. A real driven couple

Bobo
13-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Having a medical today according to this...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/13/report-cummings-arrives-for-forest-medical-ahead-of-imminent-mov/page/1-2/

WoreTheGreen
13-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Having a medical today according to this...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/13/report-cummings-arrives-for-forest-medical-ahead-of-imminent-mov/page/1-2/

Hope there's not a written test anyway good luck son

HoboHarry
13-06-2017, 05:48 PM
They will give the club a lift. A real driven couple
Martin won't be giving anyone a lift unless it's a piggy back......

WoreTheGreen
13-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Ok i'am tyered of this in fact i'am exhausted

RIP
13-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Please note - my post was meant to be tongue-in-the-cheek, putting together all the nightmares we've had in the past into a one-season scenario.
Of course I don't expect it to happen ............. but it could :whistle:

:wink:

I thought your post was hilarious but it was far too tongue in cheek to reel anyone in.

LancsHibs
14-06-2017, 01:05 PM
18734 Forest fan pointing the way to the City Ground? Any news?

Greenworld
14-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Longest medical in history maybe he is speaking to other clubs as well would be surprised if no-one else was interested

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibs#1
14-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Longest medical in history maybe he is speaking to other clubs as well would be surprised if no-one else was interested

Yeah I can't believe not 1 other team have made a bid for him? You would think that would have helped drive the price up a bit more.

TRC
14-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Or Maybe he doesn't fancy it

Andy74
14-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Yeah I can't believe not 1 other team have made a bid for him? You would think that would have helped drive the price up a bit more.

These things tend to get managed by the agents now - you very rarely get multiple bids in because agent has already sussed out interest and decided what player wants.

lumbo_hfc
14-06-2017, 03:58 PM
If you think NF can afford 1.4 million on a guy only to loan him out you are having a laugh. If they want Cummings it will be to play him.

What about the 500k that they are paying hibs? Is that affordable for them to then give him back to us on loan? 🤔

snooky
14-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Hoped Cumdog would stay for another season before flying the coop.
I have an uneasy feeling he might make a quick wedge but fall into the obscurity pit. I hope not.

Good luck to him .... if he does go.

angus hibby
14-06-2017, 05:08 PM
If this move goes through, can imagine every time Warburton is speaking to the players, in his head Jason just singing the Warburton song! 😂

Hibs07p
14-06-2017, 05:43 PM
£1M?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-reportedly-completes-medical-as-nottingham-forest-move-draws-near/story-30390851-detail/story.html

Nottingham Forest are closing in on the signature of Jason Cummings after the Hibernian striker reportedly completed his medical ahead of a move to the City Ground.

The Reds are now in the final stages of negotiations over the £1m transfer, according to Daily Telegraph reporter John Percy.

Cummings fired Hibs back into the Scottish Premier League as winners of the Scottish Championship last season – and has netted 69 goals in 148 games for the Easter Road club.

Read more: Forest's retained list has been confirmed

image: http://www.nottinghampost.com/images/localworld/ugc-images/276368/binaries/Jason%20Cummings%20Hibs.jpg

Jason Cummings is close to coming to Forest

The 21-year-old has been the Edinburgh club's top scorer for the last three seasons, scoring 23 goals last season, 25 in the previous season and 21 during the 2014/15 campaign.

Forest are also understood to be close to signing Blackburn winger Connor Mahoney ahead of Celtic.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-reportedly-completes-medical-as-nottingham-forest-move-draws-near/story-30390851-detail/story.html#xC7vSJuQEb2DZRZ3.99

GGTTH

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-06-2017, 05:47 PM
A million quid? they can bolt! we turned down 1.7M for him last season!

Ridiculous if true.

snooky
14-06-2017, 05:52 PM
£1M?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-reportedly-completes-medical-as-nottingham-forest-move-draws-near/story-30390851-detail/story.html

Nottingham Forest are closing in on the signature of Jason Cummings after the Hibernian striker reportedly completed his medical ahead of a move to the City Ground.

The Reds are now in the final stages of negotiations over the £1m transfer, according to Daily Telegraph reporter John Percy.

Cummings fired Hibs back into the Scottish Premier League as winners of the Scottish Championship last season – and has netted 69 goals in 148 games for the Easter Road club.

Read more: Forest's retained list has been confirmed

image: http://www.nottinghampost.com/images/localworld/ugc-images/276368/binaries/Jason%20Cummings%20Hibs.jpg

Jason Cummings is close to coming to Forest

The 21-year-old has been the Edinburgh club's top scorer for the last three seasons, scoring 23 goals last season, 25 in the previous season and 21 during the 2014/15 campaign.

Forest are also understood to be close to signing Blackburn winger Connor Mahoney ahead of Celtic.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/jason-cummings-reportedly-completes-medical-as-nottingham-forest-move-draws-near/story-30390851-detail/story.html#xC7vSJuQEb2DZRZ3.99

GGTTH

£1M? Remember, that's almost seven Sparkys. :nerd:

neil7908
14-06-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm going to wait until we know for sure what the exact figure is, or that he's definitely leaving as there have been some widely varying numbers doing the rounds here and in the media.

But IF we're getting anything less than £1.5m for him I'd be really disappointed.

Heisenberg
14-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Majority of papers have been leading with the "£1m transfer" on their headlines but the actual articles say its more than that. It'll be undisclosed and we'll probably never find out the real figure, leading to wild speculation and mass meltdown.

J-C
14-06-2017, 06:28 PM
£1m for a player who nearly his whole career in Scottish Championship Is about right, people taking about £2m+ for him need a reality check

Elephant Stone
14-06-2017, 06:30 PM
£1m for a player who nearly his whole career in Scottish Championship Is about right, people taking about £2m+ for him need a reality check

How much do you think he would be worth next summer if he stayed at Hibs? He'd have two years left on his contract. You reckon it would be less than £1m?

makaveli1875
14-06-2017, 06:31 PM

we got him for nothing , no sell on fees to pay out . Not a bad piece of business TBH

madhatter
14-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Really? Pickford is worth 30million for what? Is he really worthy of being the third most expensive goalkeeper ever?

Reality checks in football don't exist sadly. Not yet, money is abundant in EPL so it's skewing reality. Won't last though.

Macaroon
14-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Really? Pickford is worth 30million for what? Is he really worthy of being the third most expensive goalkeeper ever?

Reality checks in football don't exist sadly. Not yet, money is abundant in EPL so it's skewing reality. Won't last though.

He's 'worth' £30M because he's English. EPL clubs have a quota to meet of players trained in country, any English player proven at EPL level is vastly overvalued. Not only that, but Pickford is already delivering at the highest level. Can you say the same for Cummings?

EDIT: I should point out that I still think that £30m is ridiculous for Pickford

Albanian Hibs
14-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Nonsense. What about that boy from the huns that went down south and had only played a few 2nd or 3rd or whatever division games for them? Did he not go for more than a million? Cummings is worth more than a million.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 06:41 PM
we got him for nothing , no sell on fees to pay out . Not a bad piece of business TBH

It's not a bad piece of business but, if we've already rejected a bid of nearly double that it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to think we may have got that offer again, or better. No one knows the details of any these deals and any agreements that were put in place when he signed his four year deal but based on the previous rejected offer I don't think it is a good deal. The previous offer proves he's worth more than what's being quoted. Based or pure speculation and not knowing any of the facts that is.

J-C
14-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Jason stayed an extra year to get us back up, he signed a contract with a buy out clause at £1m, Lennon and LD are obviously happy enough because if he didn't sign he'd be away for nowt.

When was the last player from Scotland sold for mega bucks? Yep hard to think of one, probably Fletcher, Jason is prospect and nothing more, he's not proved anything yet, Forest are buying a prospect not a proven top class striker.

J-C
14-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Nonsense. What about that boy from the huns that went down south and had only played a few 2nd or 3rd or whatever division games for them? Did he not go for more than a million? Cummings is worth more than a million.

Not if he didn't sign his deal last year he wasn't, a case of scratching backs here, he gets us up and we get £1m.

J-C
14-06-2017, 06:53 PM
It's not a bad piece of business but, if we've already rejected a bid of nearly double that it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to think we may have got that offer again, or better. No one knows the details of any these deals and any agreements that were put in place when he signed his four year deal but based on the previous rejected offer I don't think it is a good deal. The previous offer proves he's worth more than what's being quoted. Based or pure speculation and not knowing any of the facts that is.

That bid was full of add ons, we needed his goals to get up, we didn't but we won the cup instead, I'm pretty sure if we got promotion last season Jason would be been away last summer.

asayers
14-06-2017, 06:54 PM
The fact the rags down south are clearly stating it's a cheap deal for NF is a kick in the teeth to us Hibees....! I for one will not be best pleased if we've lost nearly £800k from last years figure that was being banded about! Really doesn't sound like a Petrie deal of yesteryear, what's happened to the top end negotiator on this deal as it feels like we're getting bumped at the £1m figure.

Captain Trips
14-06-2017, 06:54 PM
I just think we get the piss taken a bit up here, irrelevant what leauge he scored his goals in a club think he can do it in Championship. I rate players on their ability its nit his fault all his goals are in lower league. IMO JC is worth 3 or 4x 1m. He is a better player in my view than lots if folk who have went for a fair bit more.

asayers
14-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Lennon clearly stated a few weeks ago the money on offer last year reported £1.7/£1.8m wouldn't now buy his right leg, yet we seem to be happy to take £800k less today, doesn't seem right to me.

Macaroon
14-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Jason stayed an extra year to get us back up, he signed a contract with a buy out clause at £1m, Lennon and LD are obviously happy enough because if he didn't sign he'd be away for nowt.

When was the last player from Scotland sold for mega bucks? Yep hard to think of one, probably Fletcher, Jason is prospect and nothing more, he's not proved anything yet, Forest are buying a prospect not a proven top class striker.

Where has the assumption come from that there is a release clause, other than whispers? As far as credible sources go (Kenny Millar for one) most are saying there is no clause in Jason's contract.

Everyone assuming that the fee is £1m seems to have come from nowhere as well. The twitter cowboy Agent Scotland claimed it was 1.4m out of thin air. Most of these £1m figures mentioned in press are likely coming from the initial Sun article that mentions a "seven figure fee".

Unless Hibs/Forest release the fee when the deal is confirmed, we won't know. I'm confident though that LD and RP will know what a fair value is, and won't sell unless that is met. It's not as if Forest are the only club interested in JC.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Not if he didn't sign his deal last year he wasn't, a case of scratching backs here, he gets us up and we get £1m.

If Cummings has said that he would only stay if given an enhanced four year deal with a £1m buy out clause and that was the final position, I think we would all have rather him sign it rather than leaving. There is no other counter arguments to it if that is what was said. I would have thought the buy out clause could have been justified to go higher but at the end of the day if that's what it took to get him for another season then we just have to live with it I suppose.

hibee316
14-06-2017, 07:06 PM
The fact the rags down south are clearly stating it's a cheap deal for NF is a kick in the teeth to us Hibees....! I for one will not be best pleased if we've lost nearly £800k from last years figure that was being banded about! Really doesn't sound like a Petrie deal of yesteryear, what's happened to the top end negotiator on this deal as it feels like we're getting bumped at the £1m figure.

Your a right miserable sod aren't you.

Do you have ANYTHING positive to say about Hibs??

Would be good if there was a way to find out on here!

:na na:

Callum_62
14-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Regardless, looks like hes offski given he wasnt in the new shirt launch

I dont believe fee will be as low as £1million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asayers
14-06-2017, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=hibee316;5070585]Your a right miserable sod aren't you.

:na na:[/QUOTE

LOADS pal, your just clearly happy getting bumped for our best player. I'd prefer to get the best deal for OUR club, do you not feel the same like?

Aldo
Folk getting their knickers in a twist about what they think the fee is!!

I am sure LD and co won't sell the club short!!

J-C
Where has the assumption come from that there is a release clause, other than whispers? As far as credible sources go (Kenny Millar for one) most are saying there is no clause in Jason's contract.

Everyone assuming that the fee is £1m seems to have come from nowhere as well. The twitter cowboy Agent Scotland claimed it was 1.4m out of thin air. Most of these £1m figures mentioned in press are likely coming from the initial Sun article that mentions a "seven figure fee".

Unless Hibs/Forest release the fee when the deal is confirmed, we won't know. I'm confident though that LD and RP will know what a fair value is, and won't sell unless that is met. It's not as if Forest are the only club interested in JC.

The release clause was mentioned by his dad to me 2 weeks ago which I posted here on the private board, he laughed when I mentioned £2+m, nowhere near that was his reply.

Callum_62
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM
The release clause was mentioned by his dad to me 2 weeks ago which I posted here on the pro ate board, he laughed when I mentioned £2+m, nowhere near that was his reply.

Maybe it was higher?

Aldo
14-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Lennon clearly stated a few weeks ago the money on offer last year reported £1.7/£1.8m wouldn't now buy his right leg, yet we seem to be happy to take £800k less today, doesn't seem right to me.

What makes you think this!! Paper talk blah blah. I am sure LD and co will ensure the club gets the deal they want!!

hibee316
14-06-2017, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=hibee316;5070585]Your a right miserable sod aren't you.

:na na:[/QUOTE

LOADS pal, your just clearly happy getting bumped for our best player. I'd prefer to get the best deal for OUR club, do you not feel the same like?

Of course! :agree:

You just seem a bit miserable. 13 posts in, and not a positive word about the mighty Hibees!

Cheer up eh!

Hibee Mac
14-06-2017, 07:22 PM
IF the fee is around the £1m mark we may not be selling ourselves short.

Even though we turned down £1.7m last season Leeann and co may have made the decision to make sure we kept Cummings 1 more year even if it meant selling him for less this season with a £1m buy out clause.

It may have been the only option to make sure we kept him and his goals to get promoted AND get some kind of pay off for him.

asayers
14-06-2017, 07:22 PM
What makes you think this!! Paper talk blah blah. I am sure LD and co will ensure the club gets the deal they want!!

I can only go on the figures i've read here or the number of articles which have stated the as amounts. I'm sure they will and if £1m is the figure they can get then that's that. However that still seems a lot less that most would have expected.

Aldo
14-06-2017, 07:25 PM
I can only go on the figures i've read here or the number of articles which have stated the as amounts. I'm sure they will and if £1m is the figure they can get then that's that. However that still seems a lot less that most would have expected.

I would suspect no one will find out and it will be revealed as 'undisclosed'

HoboHarry
14-06-2017, 07:25 PM
If you are taking the figures you are reading here or in the press as gospel then you are either 15 years old or have an agenda to bash Hibs.

lumbo_hfc
14-06-2017, 07:26 PM
We've never been offered 1.8 million, if we had, he would have been away a while ago... let's start being realistic here. All guesswork in the papers, trying to get one-up on each other!

Wouldn't surprise me if it's somewhere between 500k and 1 million from what I've heard. The lower end of that seem to be the going rate for proven spl forwards (Stewart and Boyce)

Macaroon
14-06-2017, 07:29 PM
The release clause was mentioned by his dad to me 2 weeks ago which I posted here on the private board, he laughed when I mentioned £2+m, nowhere near that was his reply.

Fair enough, I'd still be surprised if the clause meant we'd have to let him go for a no-strings attached £1 million though. Usually there's a general clause value agreed upon between the club and player and both must agree that a bid meets the value of the clause. I'm sure even if the fee is low Hibs will be working in sell-on percentages and bonus clauses.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 07:30 PM
If you are taking the figures you are reading here or in the press as gospel then you are either 15 years old or have an agenda to bash Hibs.

That's a bit harsh, the guy is only discussing what he's read on here or in the papers and casting his opinion (like all of us), to say he must be 15 isn't really necessary.

asayers
14-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Best get to bed for School in the morning then, bashing the team I love..........behave.

lochhibs
14-06-2017, 07:46 PM
if this was, lets say a falkirk player with JC's record, what valuation would we think he would be worth? forget what was rumoured to have been offered before because it was probably full of add ons and that might have been what the total fee would have been if they were all met. £1m for a player that has only scored goals in the championship is still a decent amount. if we get a % of a sell on it's a bonus. all just my opinion and rather he was staying.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Lost for words that anyone on here thinks a million quid for Cummings is good business for us. Mental

lochhibs
14-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Lost for words that anyone on here thinks a million quid for Cummings is good business for us. Mental

it's a difference of opinion. what's your valuation and why do you think he's worth that?

madhatter
14-06-2017, 08:02 PM
it's a difference of opinion. what's your valuation and why do you think he's worth that?

Is Pickford worth 30m? It is a difference of opinion but I'm sure most of us agree that Pickford isn't worth 30m even though he is a good goalkeeper. Based on the money getting talked about for Tierney and Dembele as well, Cummings is worth at least 1.5m. Does he not have a better goal scoring rate than Fletcher had when he left? We got 3m for Fletcher if memory serves...

Craig_in_Prague
14-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Agree. Double it and it's then at least interesting

hibee316
14-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Best get to bed for School in the morning then, bashing the team I love..........behave.

What's your favourite thing about Hibs?

Let's cheer this place up a bit eh? :)

lochhibs
14-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Is Pickford worth 30m? It is a difference of opinion but I'm sure most of us agree that Pickford isn't worth 30m even though he is a good goalkeeper. Based on the money getting talked about for Tierney and Dembele as well, Cummings is worth at least 1.5m. Does he not have a better goal scoring rate than Fletcher had when he left? We got 3m for Fletcher if memory serves...

for me a player is worth what a team is willing to pay. fletcher played in the top league, JC, apart from cup games, has a 1 in 2 ratio in the 2nd tier of scottish football. the english look down at our top league as it is and his goals have came in the championship. £1.5m isnt unrealistic but i still think £1m is a decent amount.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Cummings and Fletcher are not comparable.

And cummings has still never scored a top flight goal. Of coirse, we all k ow he would or could, but that will affect his value.

MikeyS
14-06-2017, 08:16 PM
if this was, lets say a falkirk player with JC's record, what valuation would we think he would be worth? forget what was rumoured to have been offered before because it was probably full of add ons and that might have been what the total fee would have been if they were all met. £1m for a player that has only scored goals in the championship is still a decent amount. if we get a % of a sell on it's a bonus. all just my opinion and rather he was staying.

Good points made here.

Look at the valuations being quoted for Boyce after the season he's just had, Ross County will be getting 400k/500k. Motherwell will be lucky to get the same for Moult who's just scored near enough 20 in each of the last 2 seasons.

Dundee didn't get anywhere near the £1m mark for either Stewart or Hemmings after their high scoring seasons.

yes it stings if we only get £1m for Jason what with the contract he's still got to run but we are taking a bigger fee than most clubs will get for established SPL goal scorers.

it's looking more and more clearer that there has been a gentlemans agreement that if he did the business last season he'd be allowed to leave with little fuss. Guess we just have to thank him and wish him well whilst hoping NL gets the necessary funds to go replace him.

makaveli1875
14-06-2017, 08:18 PM

i think its a reasonable bit of business , he cost nothing , weve no sell on fee to pay out . Weve got some priceless goals from him and now we get a million quid and a cut of his next transfer fee . its hardly a shan deal for us

madhatter
14-06-2017, 08:23 PM
for me a player is worth what a team is willing to pay. fletcher played in the top league, JC, apart from cup games, has a 1 in 2 ratio in the 2nd tier of scottish football. the english look down at our top league as it is and his goals have came in the championship. £1.5m isnt unrealistic but i still think £1m is a decent amount.

My point is even if Nottingham Forest doubled it to £2m that would still be a bargain in modern footballing terms. Also If the English look down on our game how did we get £3m for Fletcher? May I add this was also at a time when there was less money in English football...

I do agree with what you are saying though but I can't see why Hibs would be accepting bids of £1m, that being less than what we supposedly got offered last season and also after Lennon said this season that £1.7m wouldn't pay for his bad foot. Just strange, he has longer contract, another season behind him and also added set pieces to his game but bizarrely goes for cheaper than a year previous?

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-06-2017, 08:26 PM

I think he's worth at least 2 million. He is a natural goalscorer. He scored 30+ in his development season, has managed 20+ in his three professional Championship seasons, he scores tap ins, worldies, is now a real threat with free kicks, has a decent delivery on him, has confidence in abundance, is the definition of a 'big game player', has scored countless goals against premiership opposition, scored a cracker in his one crack at Europe(wrongly disallowed doesn't change that fact), is a massive character and fans favourite and has a ridiculous amount of potential.

As I say, speechless that folk think a million is a good deal. If that was the agreement last summer then fair do's-not much we can do about it. Shan price nonetheless

tamig
14-06-2017, 08:33 PM
If Jason hadn't signed his new contract last summer he'd have been away for nowt now. I'm sure if the club weren't happy with what's been offered he'd be staying. What's your gripe?

MikeyS
14-06-2017, 08:34 PM
My point is even if Nottingham Forest doubled it to £2m that would still be a bargain in modern footballing terms. Also If the English look down on our game how did we get £3m for Fletcher? May I add this was also at a time when there was less money in English football...

I do agree with what you are saying though but I can't see why Hibs would be accepting bids of £1m, that being less than what we supposedly got offered last season and also after Lennon said this season that £1.7m wouldn't pay for his bad foot. Just strange, he has longer contract, another season behind him and also added set pieces to his game but bizarrely goes for cheaper than a year previous?

fletcher was scoring goals in the top division though, if the English look down there nose at our top league Christ knows what they think of the first division!!

Also it seems that last years deal was going to be in instalments with add ons that we may never have seen.

Id actually say that if this deal has add ins related to future caps/goals we might still no see it all as I don't think this will be a good move for him. My guess would be he is at either us or the Huns within 18 months.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 08:36 PM

I agree with you that the price is a bizarre climb down but if that is what it took to keep him last season then I can understand why it may have happened, although Lennon's statements are at odds with this. In my view he has to be worth at least what we previously turned down even if that deal wasn't all it seemed. It just doesn't seem right to band about that we've turned down £1.8m and clubs wouldn't get his leg for that now and then sell him for £1m (if true), it doesn't sit well with the fans and is not great PR. We may never know!

lochhibs
14-06-2017, 08:38 PM
I think he's worth at least 2 million. He is a natural goalscorer. He scored 30+ in his development season, has managed 20+ in his three professional Championship seasons, he scores tap ins, worldies, is now a real threat with free kicks, has a decent delivery on him, has confidence in abundance, is the definition of a 'big game player', has scored countless goals against premiership opposition, scored a cracker in his one crack at Europe(wrongly disallowed doesn't change that fact), is a massive character and fans favourite and has a ridiculous amount of potential.

As I say, speechless that folk think a million is a good deal. If that was the agreement last summer then fair do's-not much we can do about it. Shan price nonetheless

i dont disagree with most of what you have said. my point is the majority of his goals have been in the championship. i'd love us to get more but he's unproven in our top league. if this was a falkirk player would you value him at £2m?

madhatter
14-06-2017, 08:42 PM
fletcher was scoring goals in the top division though, if the English look down there nose at our top league Christ knows what they think of the first division!!

Also it seems that last years deal was going to be in instalments with add ons that we may never have seen.

Id actually say that if this deal has add ins related to future caps/goals we might still no see it all as I don't think this will be a good move for him. My guess would be he is at either us or the Huns within 18 months.

I agree, I think he has clear weaknesses in his game - physical presence being one of them (can get bullied in games) and general hold-up play. However, I think his confidence might work for him and let's be honest he'll score goals there if given the chance in a decent team. So I hope he stays down there and develops.

I'm just worried that we are seeing a bit of the old Hibs again - sell our players and quite rapidly shoot ourselves in the foot as we try to get adequate/superior replacements. Is McGinn going to be next and how much should we expect for him £2m or less?

Captain Trips
14-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I judge players on ability as have NF, plenty of players from English league 1 and even 2 have been signed for big fees without having scored a goal at that level.

They are signed on what they are going to do, just unfortunate that clubs here do not have tbe financial clout to pay higher wages to players and to knock back offers.

The price is simply of where he played and what we can realistically do with offers fir players. JC is as good a player upfront than loads.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 08:45 PM
i dont disagree with most of what you have said. my point is the majority of his goals have been in the championship. i'd love us to get more but he's unproven in our top league. if this was a falkirk player would you value him at £2m?

You probably would if you'd already turned down £1.8m and he is now on a longer contract, no? The devil is in the detail though and that's what we all don't know :hmmm:

MikeyS
14-06-2017, 08:48 PM
I agree, I think he has clear weaknesses in his game - physical presence being one of them (can get bullied in games) and general hold-up play. However, I think his confidence might work for him and let's be honest he'll score goals there if given the chance in a decent team. So I hope he stays down there and develops.

I'm just worried that we are seeing a bit of the old Hibs again - sell our players and quite rapidly shoot ourselves in the foot as we try to get adequate/superior replacements. Is McGinn going to be next and how much should we expect for him £2m or less?

i really wish him well and hope he is a success but honestly feel he will struggle.

I Think and and hope with McGinn that we can get at least 2 million seeing as he now a full international. Reckon he will stay another year with us or at least til January.

lochhibs
14-06-2017, 08:49 PM
You probably would if you'd already turned down £1.8m and he is now on a longer contract, no? The devil is in the detail though and that's what we all don't know :hmmm:

the £1.8m could have been 500k up front and the rest in add ons. no one knows the details of the offer.

madhatter
14-06-2017, 08:50 PM

I agree but Rangers got 850,000+ for Lewis Macleod who did the square root of nothing in the same league and lower so...I'm not sure why Hibs who have a 21 year old goal scorer who has consistently scored 20 goals a season would expect the same or less. In my opinion Cummings is worth £2m and I think selling him for £1m will prove to be a big mistake.

I fear we will struggle to replace him given what we are selling him for.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 08:57 PM
the £1.8m could have been 500k up front and the rest in add ons. no one knows the details of the offer.

We don't but that's the price quoted and also the amount banded about by Lennon as 'farcical' (my take on his quotes). Why would the manager make these statements if he knew there's a £1m release clause (if there is one)? If there isn't a release clause, why would you sell to the first offer of the window which is less than the manager, papers and general assumption of the offer that was previously turned down? None of it makes much sense :confused:

makaveli1875
14-06-2017, 09:02 PM
I agree but Rangers got 850,000+ for Lewis Macleod who did the square root of nothing in the same league and lower so...I'm not sure why Hibs who have a 21 year old goal scorer who has consistently scored 20 goals a season would expect the same or less. In my opinion Cummings is worth £2m and I think selling him for £1m will prove to be a big mistake.

ironically it was Fanny hat that signed Mcleod for brentford , not long before he took the huns job

Dan Sarf
14-06-2017, 09:25 PM

He was looking good for Brentford but got seriously injured.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-06-2017, 09:51 PM

I'm in the same boat as you mate.

SMAXXA
14-06-2017, 10:27 PM
If we turned down 1.8 from Peterborough last year why would we accept less now? 🤷🏼*♂️

brog
14-06-2017, 10:29 PM
He was looking good for Brentford but got seriously injured.

He didn't play for Brentford for 1st 15 months after his transfer so not sure when he was looking good. Over inflated fee psid because he was a Sevco player. I guarantee Barrie McKay will be sold for more than JC & imo JC has far more potential.

southern hibby
15-06-2017, 07:00 AM

I think Hibs will be trying to get the figure lowered in the media so that when we go to other teams for players we don't get fleeced as other teams will think, Hibs got this amount for JC so we will try and hold out for top whack.

GGTTH

mjhibby
15-06-2017, 07:18 AM
I remember Alex miller saying that when buying/selling players the selling club would include everything in the deal ie future appearances caps etc and the buying club would give the basic fee each team trying to say they got a great deal. I suspect hibs are receiving close to amillion up front and the final fee will be around £1.5m. The previous bid of £1.7 was in fact about half that with loads of add ons. If we get a million up front then that makes it much easier to get the targets were after.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 07:28 AM
If we turned down 1.8 from Peterborough last year why would we accept less now? ����*♂️

Not only that, why are we accepting the first offer that came in for him (this summer) ?

HibeeMassive
15-06-2017, 07:28 AM
If we turned down 1.8 from Peterborough last year why would we accept less now? 🤷🏼*♂️

While I tend to agree... I can also see the logic of accepting, for example, 1.3 million now.

His goals last year were worth more than 0.5 million to us last season - without them would we have been promoted? We had a proven scorer at that level and kept him for the big push to get back up, maybe that was the price the club were willing to "pay" to keep him for another year.

IanM
15-06-2017, 07:38 AM

According to Kenny Millar that 1.8 was based on a payment plan, appearances, promotion etc. so wasn't 1.8 up front.

J-C
15-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Far too many people on here getting their knickers in a twist and not knowing just how things work re football.

Any £1.8m offer last season was rejected because it was made up of multiple add ons which didn't guarantee the £1.8m, plus we were fighting for promotion and Jason's goals were more important at that time.

Jason wanted to move last summer but Lennon and LD talked him into staying for another promotion push, he signs a 4 year deal but adds a buy out clause of around £1m, I know this as hi dad told me it's in the contract. Basically we keep our 20 goal a season to get promoted and we get £1m this summer for him.

Forest know of the clause and Warburton knows the player, it could easily have been another club but it makes no odds as he's away any for £1m, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a sell on percentage of 15-20%, which makes £1m more sense.

Some on here want £1.5+ for a striker who is still raw and only played in the Scottish Championship but are happy to only spend £500K on Boyce 20+24 goals in the last 2 seasons in the SPL or Moult who has scored 18 in each of his 2 seasons up here in the SPL, talk about wanting your cake and eating it.

Time to be realistic and stop bloody moaning, we got the lad for nothing and he's given us 3 solid years helping us back up, it's a win win for both parties.

Elephant Stone
15-06-2017, 07:53 AM
If we keep him he'll score about 20 goals for us next season, his value next summer will not be less than £1m. There is absolutely no point in selling him this summer for around £1m unless we've put into his contract that we have to.

worcesterhibby
15-06-2017, 07:53 AM
Far too many people on here getting their knickers in a twist and not knowing just how things work re football.

Any £1.8m offer last season was rejected because it was made up of multiple add ons which didn't guarantee the £1.8m, plus we were fighting for promotion and Jason's goals were more important at that time.

Jason wanted to move last summer but Lennon and LD talked him into staying for another promotion push, he signs a 4 year deal but adds a buy out clause of around £1m, I know this as hi dad told me it's in the contract. Basically we keep our 20 goal a season to get promoted and we get £1m this summer for him.

Forest know of the clause and Warburton knows the player, it could easily have been another club but it makes no odds as he's away any for £1m, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a sell on percentage of 15-20%, which makes £1m more sense.

Some on here want £1.5+ for a striker who is still raw and only played in the Scottish Championship but are happy to only spend £500K on Boyce 20+24 goals in the last 2 seasons in the SPL or Moult who has scored 18 in each of his 2 seasons up here in the SPL, talk about wanting your cake and eating it.

Time to be realistic and stop bloody moaning, we got the lad for nothing and he's given us 3 solid years helping us back up, it's a win win for both parties.

I just hope WE have got a sell on fee as part of the deal.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 07:55 AM

I'm glad you are here to explain to us all how it works. Where would we be without you.

WeeRussell
15-06-2017, 08:01 AM

Would you be kind enough to take a couple of minutes to explain to us less knowledgable on how it works when a player is still well within contract, our talisman and us not needing to sell unless the offer is too good to do so?

Zazu62
15-06-2017, 08:13 AM
Why do we need to sell him, keep him for another year and he will be worth more surely?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Would you be kind enough to take a couple of minutes to explain to us less knowledgable on how it works when a player is still well within contract, our talisman and us not needing to sell unless the offer is too good to do so?

To be fair to J-C he has stated more than once that there was a buy out clause having been told so by Jason Cummings' dad. If that is the case then I have no issue with that and it explains why he is leaving for the reported price of £1 million and why it is for the first offer that has been made for him.

Just when other posters and Kenny Millar state there was no buy out clause it's natural folk are questioning how great a deal it is for us.

KWJ
15-06-2017, 08:17 AM

If the player has indicated that he'd like to be aware of bids and talk to other clubs then not doing so could create not only an angry JC but an angry dressing room. Especially if this was agreed upon prior to signing said new contract and it's somewhat impossible if that new contract includes a minimum release fee that has been met as per the quoted posters easily believable understanding.

greenlex
15-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Did you miss the bit about the one million pound release clause?

WeeRussell
15-06-2017, 08:19 AM
To be fair to J-C he has stated more than once that there was a buy out clause having been told so by Jason Cummings' dad. If that is the case then I have no issue with that and it explains why he is leaving for the reported price of £1 million and why it is for the first offer that has been made for him.

Just when other posters and Kenny Millar state there was no buy out clause it's natural folk are questioning how great a deal it is for us.

You're correct actually, hold my hands up. I must have jumped on the arrogant/ersey tone straight away without reading right to the end and noticing the 'buy-out" clause part. (Oops)

Not that I believe the level of buy-out mind!

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 08:19 AM

In your original post, did you not say his dad said it was less than £2m much less, but he never mentioned £1m or you didnt? :confused:

WeeRussell
15-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Did you miss the bit about the one million pound release clause?

Yes. :)

Apologies.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 08:20 AM

The truth is though that outwith those closely involved with it, nobody actually knows what the final deal is.

KWJ
15-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Why do we need to sell him, keep him for another year and he will be worth more surely?

1) If there's a buyout clause that's been met.
2) If the player has indicated that he'd like to talk to the club.
3) If it has been previously agreed that the club wouldn't stand in his way should a bid come in around this region.
4) The club aren't certain that his value will continue to rise.
5) The club have replacements in mind.
6) The club would rather sell now than potentially begin the season with an unhappy player who is going to be sold in the next couple of windows anyway.
7) Maintain a buzz in the dressing room and show young players that they too can move to England and make decent money.

I hope he stays but there are plenty of reasons to sell.

Geo_1875
15-06-2017, 08:25 AM
I'll be gutted if Jason leaves at any price. Anything at £1m or more will be some consolation and should help us improve the squad.

What does surprise me is that Jason is signing for the first club to show an interest this summer. I'm sure there would be bigger, better clubs after him and they wouldn't have a manager who is a fanny. Although Warburton isn't the only fanny managing down south.

jeffers
You're correct actually, hold my hands up. I must have jumped on the patronising tone straight away without reading right to the end and noticing the 'buy-out" clause part. (Oops)

Not that I believe the level of buy-out mind!

I'd be surprised if we ever find out the actual figure and I don't expect the club to ever reveal it. Personally if they did come out and say there was one once the deal is concluded I imagine most fans would accept it. He could have left in the summer, his goals contributed massively to us being promoted and ultimately we have received a decent fee for him.

WeeRussell
3) If it has been previously agreed that the club wouldn't stand in his way should a bid come in around this region.
6) The club would rather sell now than potentially begin the season with an unhappy player who is going to be sold in the next couple of windows anyway.
7) Maintain a buzz in the dressing room and show young players that they too can move to England and make decent money.

I'm not sure about number 7. Selling our best players in order to encourage others to want a move away?! They all know that if good enough and the offer is right, they'll get their chance elsewhere. No need for selling to create a 'buzz'. Having him around the club is a buzz in itself.

Elephant Stone
15-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Yassssss

Salt N Sauzee
15-06-2017, 08:29 AM

We're all so greatful for the education, Almighty one.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:31 AM
I was never told how much the buy out was but I mentioned to him £2m+ that everyone on here was talking about what we thought he was worth, he laughed and said it was nowhere near that figure.

Geo_1875
15-06-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure about number 7. Selling our best players in order to encourage others to want a move away?! They all know that if good enough and the offer is right, they'll get their chance elsewhere. No need for selling to create a 'buzz'. Having him around the club is a buzz in itself.

I disagree. He stands as an example of what can be achieved if you work hard and continue improving. It's a pity the likes of Ross Caldwell and Kurtis Byrne didn't have a role model like Jason.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:35 AM
I just love that everyone want £2m for a championship striker but only want to spend £500k on Boyce who has scored 20 goals the past 2 seasons in the SPL, are Ross C not entitled to megabucks for their striker too?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 08:39 AM
I just love that everyone want £2m for a championship striker but only want to spend £500k on Boyce who has scored 20 goals the past 2 seasons in the SPL, are Ross C not entitled to megabucks for their striker too?

Folk are quoting £500,000 for Boyce because that's the buyout clause that's been reported.......

ancient hibee
15-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Is this alleged transfer actually happening?

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Folk are quoting £500,000 for Boyce because that's the buyout clause that's been reported.......

Exactly, and Kenny Millar has said there is no buy out clause for Cummings.

The club will probably have had a gentlemen's agreement, but with Kenny saying this and Lennon saying Cummings is a superstar and his left leg is worth more than £1.8m i don't think there is a buy out clause.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:45 AM

And there you have it in a nutshell, I'm sure the Ross C fans feel he's worth more than that, just like Hibs fans and JC.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 08:48 AM

The club will probably have had a gentlemen's agreement, but with Kenny saying this and Lennon saying Cummings is a superstar and his left leg is worth more than £1.8m i don't think there is a buy out clause.

And that's why we have all the speculation on here.

Captain Trips
15-06-2017, 08:49 AM

I see no relevance in him being a championship striker. A club at a higher level want him to play at that higher level as they must believe he is capable.

Teams from down south think the league up here isn't great that doesn't mean there are not some great players who are more than able to play in say English Championship. Due to status of our league lots of clubs are likely to not be looking up here as much as we might like and I am sure there are many players who never get that chance but where likely capable.

I think a club in that league whom are looking at promotion as thats what Forest should be then under £2m for a striker is on the cheap side. We just cannot pay the wages up here to make moves to England harder for players.

In isolation JC is an excellent striker and IMO worth well more than £2m.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:49 AM

Whether it's a clause or a gentleman's agreement it's still the same thing in the end. Did his dad get confused and call it a buy out clause instead of an agreement, I don't know but we've been mates for 22 years and he wouldn't BS. For what it's worth he told me last year Jason was signing a new deal and it was his agent holding things up, that turned out to be true.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 08:50 AM
And there you have it in a nutshell, I'm sure the Ross C fans feel he's worth more than that, just like Hibs fans and JC.

It really makes no difference JC, what Ross County fans think he's worth. If there is a 500k buy out clause, that's what they will sell him at even if there are 5 clubs in for him.

We have not heard a peep from Hibs about any buy out clause, and one of the papers has said there is in fact no buy out clause.

I wish we'd had had another club come in for him to see if there was a bidding war going on, or indeed not?

jeffers
15-06-2017, 08:52 AM

The difference is the buy out clause for Boyce has been generally reported and I've not read anywhere that it's not true. I have no reason to disbelieve you when you say his dad told you JC had one, however a generally reliable reporter like Kenny Millar is saying there isn't one.

I haven't seen enough of Boyce to comment on his true worth, I have however seen a lot of Jason Cummings and imo he is worth more than £1m.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:56 AM
The difference is the buy out clause for Boyce has been generally reported and I've not read anywhere that it's not true. I have no reason to disbelieve you when you say his told you JC had one, however a generally reliable reporter like Kenny Millar is saying there isn't one.

I haven't seen enough of Boyce to comment on his true worth, I have however seen a lot of Jason Cummings and imo he is worth more than £1m.

I agree 're his value but the fact is he's off south at the 1st club to offer whatever agreement was made between Hibs and JC, with no other club being mentioned or even making higher bids makes me think whatever price was agreed has been met.

jeffers
15-06-2017, 09:06 AM
I agree 're his value but the fact is he's off south at the 1st club to offer whatever agreement was made between Hibs and JC, with no other club being mentioned or even making higher bids makes me think whatever price was agreed has been met.

My take on it too. I don't for a minute believe NF were the only team who would have been interested in him.

neil7908
15-06-2017, 09:13 AM

That's the problem though isn't it. Are we going to replace Jason, and I don't just mean bring in a new player, with £1m?

I think Lennon has a good eye for a player but we're losing a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker and I don't see us bringing in a player of the same quality unless we shell out big time and potentially break our wage structure.

This has happened so often with our 'golden generation' where we bank a wedge of cash but then can't spend it effectively.

I'm hopeful that won't happen this year but I also don't think we'll sign a striker as good as Jason.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2017, 09:15 AM
That's the problem though isn't it. Are we going to replace Jason, and I don't just mean bring in a new player, with £1m?

I think Lennon has a good eye for a player but we're losing a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker and I don't see us bringing in a player of the same quality unless we shell out big time and potentially break our wage structure.

This has happened so often with our 'golden generation' where we bank a wedge of cash but then can't spend it effectively.

I'm hopeful that won't happen this year but I also don't think we'll sign a striker as good as Jason.

All of the below were brought in for considerably less than £1m

Derek Riordan (2nd time)
Leigh Griffiths
Jason Cummings
Benji
Anthony Stokes (1st time)
Chris Killen
Dominique Malonga

Callum_62
15-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Wonder if the delay in announcing is us trying to get someone tied up

Andy74
15-06-2017, 09:42 AM

What delay in announcing?

It will be announced when it is complete and then we will announce our own signings when complete.

Aldo
15-06-2017, 09:42 AM

I think you might be right!! Soften the blow sort to speak!

Then again if he signs what's stopping NF from announcing it?? Would the agree not to announce it if Hibs asked??? Not sure they would do that??

Sioux
15-06-2017, 09:58 AM
There's so much chat about JC being worth £X and £Y and £Z.

A different slant;

Is it not relevant that the only interested club is NF, who just happen to be managed by that hun. That hun will be well aware of his ability for obvious reasons. There are very few other English clubs who will have such an 'in house' knowledge of the player and perhaps not seeing £1m as a good deal for them.

If there is a £1m buy out clause, and people think JC is a £2m player, why are clubs not queuing up to buy him? Does that not suggest that other clubs do not even rate JC as high as £1m? After all, an item is only worth the amount that someone is prepared to pay at any give time.

If someone offered me a £30k Merc for £15k, I'd better be quick before others get in on the deal, no? We don't see this type of scenario in regard to JC.

Dan Sarf
15-06-2017, 10:14 AM
He didn't play for Brentford for 1st 15 months after his transfer so not sure when he was looking good. Over inflated fee psid because he was a Sevco player. I guarantee Barrie McKay will be sold for more than JC & imo JC has far more potential.

He was looking good when he came back from that injury. Then he got crocked again.

matty_f
15-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I guess nobody knows if there is a buy-out clause, if there was I reckon it would be close to £1.5-2m. Hibs haven't been in a position where we need to sell for some considerable years now, so we wouldn't just punt him on the cheap.

Ryan69
15-06-2017, 10:22 AM
I was never told how much the buy out was but I mentioned to him £2m+ that everyone on here was talking about what we thought he was worth, he laughed and said it was nowhere near that figure.

Whats his Dads name then?

matty_f
15-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Mr Cummings.:greengrin

Keith_M

Darth

J-C

David, I gave him his 1st job in the taxi when he was 21 many years ago, he still works with Central Taxis on the night shift.

MyJo
15-06-2017, 12:02 PM
David, I gave him his 1st job in the taxi when he was 21 many years ago, he still works with Central Taxis on the night shift.

https://m.popkey.co/55993a/xRR0O.gif

:faf:

18Hibee75
15-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Cummings is 100% away to Nottingham forest. He has accepted 5k a week and he is also getting a goal bonus. A good friend of mine is a friend of his and asked him, he also mentioned to him that hibs will now always be his club and hopes they do great things. Can't blame him, he's got ambition.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
15-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Cummings is 100% away to Nottingham forest. He has accepted 5k a week and he is also getting a goal bonus. A good friend of mine is a friend of his and asked him, he also mentioned to him that hibs will now always be his club and hopes they do great things. Can't blame him, he's got ambition.

Hmmmm....

H18 SFR
15-06-2017, 12:15 PM

What an absolute mug signing for 5K, he is being underpaid in that league.

That's almost as bad as Dylan Whyte fighting Anthony Joshua for 250k.

SRHibs
15-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Bit harsh, especially considering we don't know any of the additional details of the contract (if it is in fact 5k a week basic). It's his second step on his path to greater things, and I don't think 250k a year is too bad for a 21 year old lad.

H18S NX
15-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Whats his Dads name then?.......Kipper

18Hibee75
15-06-2017, 12:52 PM

That's what I thought too, according to my pal he was on £1800 at hibs, 5k seems a wee bit low for a championship player...

Turkish Green
15-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Might be due to the English transfer window not formally opening until 1st July.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Glad he's only on 5k, not too much of a drop when he's back here in 18 months.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 01:31 PM
There's more chance of me having a threesome with Carl Macar and Bobby Davro than JC signing on at Nottingham Forest for 5k a week.

5k a week. :faf:

Who is his agent, if this was the case he'd want sacking and then sacked again.

green day
15-06-2017, 01:33 PM
There's more chance of me having a threesome with Carl Macar and Bobby Davro than JC signing on at Nottingham Forest for 5k a week.

5k a week. :faf:

Who is his agent, if this was the case he'd want sacking and then sacked again.

According to the tabloids, Bobby was always fond of a love triangle, but perhaps not with you :greengrin:greengrin

Jim44
15-06-2017, 01:37 PM
I believe the transfer fee is reflected by the wage the player gets or vice versa. £5k in the English Championship suggests a lowish transfer fee.

Waxy
15-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Jason brings alot more to a club than just goals. Super personality to have at any club. Hope he does great things and one day comes back to us to slam a few more in the jambos net.The hammer of the hearts.

Velma Dinkley
15-06-2017, 01:54 PM
I believe the transfer fee is reflected by the wage the player gets or vice versa. £5k in the English Championship suggests a lowish transfer fee.

Do you think players who are signed for free play for free?

Jim44
15-06-2017, 02:06 PM

You know what I mean. :greengrin

E10 Rifle
15-06-2017, 02:28 PM

Swap deals - you get the other blokes wages?

bigwheel
15-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Swap deals - you get the other blokes wages?

Made me think of "multi coloured swap shop". For those of a certain age ...I'd like to swap James Collins for anything to do with Inter Milan". [emoji23][emoji23]

Green Blood
15-06-2017, 02:34 PM

Senior Cummings

E10 Rifle
15-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Made me think of "multi coloured swap shop". For those of a certain age ...I'd like to swap James Collins for anything to do with Inter Milan". [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd swap James Collins for a Scalextric although I'm probably being a bit ambitious with that one

KSA Hibee
15-06-2017, 02:53 PM
I'd swap James Collins for a Scalextric although I'm probably being a bit ambitious with that one

I'd swap that tw@t for a Diet Coke !! And it could even be flat !!

SeanWilson
15-06-2017, 03:07 PM

You believe hearsay? You're the bigger mug. It's nobodies business but his and I wish him all the best for the rest of his career! Thanks for the memories!

H18 SFR
15-06-2017, 03:12 PM
You believe hearsay? You're the bigger mug. It's nobodies business but his and I wish him all the best for the rest of his career! Thanks for the memories!

If it's nobodies business why are you involved in the discussion?

SeanWilson
15-06-2017, 03:17 PM
If it's nobodies business why are you involved in the discussion?

Which discussion? All I see is a bunch of speculation over something none of us are eve likely to know and then arguing the false points that none over us are ever likely to know... seems sensible!

E10 Rifle
15-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Which discussion? All I see is a bunch of speculation over something none of us are eve likely to know and then arguing the false points that none over us are ever likely to know... seems sensible!

But that's just the MB through and through :blah:

The Leith Dutch
15-06-2017, 03:24 PM

This post made my day :aok:

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2017, 03:57 PM

I'm not sure a football message board is the right place for you to visit matey, way too much speculation for someone as serious as yourself to view and interact.

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2017, 08:54 PM

Funny how footballers seem to run around telling all and sundry the terms of their contracts but yet it's always a friend of a friend who posts it on the internet. :rolleyes:

snooky
15-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Funny how footballers seem to run around telling all and sundry the terms of their contracts but yet it's always a friend of a friend who posts it on the internet. :rolleyes:

Okay I'll contribute, if that's the rules.
My mate told me his pal was talking to an Easter Road insider and they were told Cumdog is definitely away however, SJM is staying.
I can guarantee 100% that the bold part is true. :cb

theonlywayisup
16-06-2017, 10:24 AM
24 pages and is there any truth in this rumour at all.

Not wanting to go through all 24 pages, I would have thought that we'd have a quote from someone at Hibernian or Forest to confirm this or not.

Or is it because everyone is on holiday?

21sMay
16-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Got told this morning that Ipswich are interested in Cummings. Was from a work mate who's never really had any gossip before so don't know how reliable the info is

iwasthere1972
16-06-2017, 10:41 AM
I can confirm that I know absolutely Jack **** about whether Jason is signing for Forest, what the fee is, sell on clause if any and what Wonga he will be on if a transfer eventually materialises.

From a reliable source too......myself.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-06-2017, 10:43 AM
I couldnt care less where he goes, but if he is going i wish he would hurry up about it amd we can all move on, and wish him all the best with the rest of his career.

easty
16-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Got told this morning that Ipswich are interested in Cummings. Was from a work mate who's never really had any gossip before so don't know how reliable the info is

Ipswich or Notts Forest...no a great choice.

surreyhibbie
16-06-2017, 11:13 AM

yeah, a scarf...

:agree:

IWasThere2016
16-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I can confirm that I know absolutely Jack **** about whether Jason is signing for Forest, what the fee is, sell on clause if any and what Wonga he will be on if a transfer eventually materialises.

From a reliable source too......myself.

Yer source is a havering eejit though :wink::greengrin

c31
16-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Ipswich or Notts Forest...no a great choice.

Nottingham is a funny place, I never felt safe there..loads of nutters. On the plus side, I don't know if Jason is single but it got the highest female to male population in the UK.
Ipswich is just boring, but I've only been there twice.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2017, 11:20 AM
yeah, a scarf...

:agree:
😊

Had them as a subbuteo team, would keep hold of the subbuteo team if anyone phoned Noel offering me James Collins in exchange.

We had an old caravan in the garden for a while, I'd have swapped that if anyone was interested. Similar mobility and goalscoring record in Scottish football.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Nottingham is a funny place, I never felt safe there..loads of nutters. On the plus side, I don't know if Jason is single but it got the highest female to male population in the UK.
Ipswich is just boring, but I've only been there twice.
Know both well. I'd go to Norwich.

Great Owl sanctuary.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Yer source is a havering eejit though :wink::greengrin

Absolutely. :agree:

When I have no knowledge of anything else that's happening or not happening on the transfer front then I'll be back to share it with everybody. :aok:

The original iwasthere. :wink:

hibee316
16-06-2017, 11:37 AM

Great Owl sanctuary.

I don't think much of the pedestrianisation of the city centre though.

ancient hibee
16-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I have been told by a guy who never gets anything right that there has been no approach from Forest and that Cumming has not been there for a medical.

SRHibs
16-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Great Owl sanctuary.

The Canaries are ***** though.

.Sean.
16-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Has anybody heard anything about him failing his medical?

Springbank
16-06-2017, 11:44 AM

If Jason needs a place to stay in the interim, I know a fantastic travel tavern that's located equidistant between London & Norwich. That's its genius in fact.

Bostonhibby
16-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Agree absolutely arsed it up for Rover executive saloon drivers, even the ones with faux leather driving gloves with the string bits on the back.

brog
16-06-2017, 11:51 AM
If Jason needs a place to stay in the interim, I know a fantastic travel tavern that's located equidistant between London & Norwich. That's its genius in fact.

Only on Hibs Net could Ipswich suddenly transform into Norwich! Fact! ☺

My_Wife_Camille
16-06-2017, 12:00 PM

And if he ends up signing for Dundee on loan he can just drive up barefoot eating a toblerone

Vault Boy
16-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Only on Hibs Net could Ipswich suddenly transform into Norwich! Fact! ☺

The locals here wouldn't like the comparison. :greengrin

Norwich were actually rumoured to be interested in Jason back in January.

Jim44
16-06-2017, 12:18 PM

Great Owl sanctuary.

Who gives a hoot ....... ? :greengrin

theonlywayisup
16-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Who gives a hoot ....... ? :greengrin

twit twoo

Greenworld
16-06-2017, 12:25 PM
So in summary we have not got a clue what is going on

Lago
16-06-2017, 12:28 PM
So in summary we have not got a clue what is going on
Nope and its all becoming a bit tiresome now.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-06-2017, 12:31 PM

He could stay in a travel tavern down there.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2017, 12:33 PM
He could stay in a travel tavern down there.

Will he need to buy an adaptor?

Greenworld
16-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Nope and its all becoming a bit tiresome now.
Agree a small update from the club would be nice or is that to simple

CapitalGreen
16-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Agree a small update from the club would be nice or is that to simple

What is it you want to know?

easty
16-06-2017, 12:44 PM
It's been like 5 days since the story about Forest came out. What's the rush?

Hibs will announce something if/when there is something to announce.

Greenworld
16-06-2017, 12:50 PM
An update on the position seems to be taking a enternity .
Has the deal stalled is it going through
Does STF get 50% of transfer 👌 😨😨

CapitalGreen
16-06-2017, 12:55 PM
An update on the position seems to be taking a enternity .
Has the deal stalled is it going through
Does STF get 50% of transfer 👌 😨😨

Negotiations on £1m+ deals take time.

No, STF does not get 50% of transfer .

Lago
16-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Is it fact or fiction?

MB62
16-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Is it fact or fiction?

It's all fiction, and that's a fact :wink: :greengrin

crewetollhibee
16-06-2017, 01:01 PM

As long as he remembers to take his own big plate.

Greenworld
16-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Negotiations on £1m+ deals take time.

No, STF does not get 50% of transfer .
How do you know it's 1 million plus are you ITK 😉😉😉

ancient hibee
16-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Is it fact or fiction?

See post 726.

Iain G
16-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Good news everyone, looks like our Cummings replacement is on his way, a bit too similar to Boyle for my liking so not sure how Lennon will get them both playing in the same team? :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40302296

h18eeynick
16-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Not Hibs class ! Don,t want dodgy players !!

HibbySpurs
16-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Not Hibs class ! Don,t want dodgy players !!

Agreed.... he'd fit right in at Tynie or Greyskull though with all the other people involved in shady dealings and evading Hector.....

therealgavmac
16-06-2017, 02:14 PM
As long as he remembers to take his own big plate.

Is that you, Mr Partridge :faf: