PDA

View Full Version : Cummings to Forest Rumour

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mcpakeisgod
11-06-2017, 09:43 PM
If he goes I wish him all the best, scored a bucket load & was an absolute character to say the least.

Borderhibbie76
11-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Will people quit with the Oli Shaw chat...if he's our replacement for our 20 plus goal striker of last 3 seasons...we r in serious trouble next season ffs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bad Martini
11-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Warburton is actually a decent Manager

He's actually a fanny, who wears a fannies hat. It works against some ***** teams apparently.

...but, the day when he met the Hibees....suddenly, well it dawned......

To win the Scottish Cup, he'd need a ****ing wand :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete70
11-06-2017, 09:49 PM
JC was going to leave at some point and I don't begrudge any player moving on to further their career or for a big pay rise. I'd do the same.

If the fee is £1.4m up front (hopefully with add ons and a sell on %) I wouldn't be all that unhappy but the really important thing for me is replacing him with the right player(s).

tamig
11-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Hope not.
I have a feeling that JC will also end up at Hearts after a time in England. Hope I'm wrong.

Why do you think that? He's never forgiven them for dumping him.

Bad Martini
Do Hearts do accounts?

If you can include emptying a big coo bank and piling up coppers with an abacus to hand accounting, they're sorted :greengrin

thebausburst
Will people quit with the Oli Shaw chat...if he's our replacement for our 20 plus goal striker of last 3 seasons...we r in serious trouble next season ffs

Agree, ridiculous statement massive jump from development stuff to SPL, we need an experienced proven goalscorer Boyce fits the bill.

18Hibee75
11-06-2017, 09:53 PM
If he does go (which im pretty certain he will) he's a hibs legend. From the day we got relegated he said that he would not leave until he got us back up and he's done exactly that. We would not only lose a great goalscorer but a great personality. Thanks for the memories Jason.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
11-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Agree, ridiculous statement massive jump from development stuff to SPL, we need an experienced proven goalscorer Boyce fits the bill.
Doing my head in mate...it's all over twitter too...he only scored about a half dozen goals at Stenny last season too

MacGruber
11-06-2017, 09:54 PM

We need 2 New stikers. They have to be a lot better than Simon Murray and Brian Graham. No disrespect to either, Graham was signed for cover in the championship and Murray could do a turn/potential to be moulded into a 1st team regular in future. We need 2 strikers better than this for finding ourselves in the top 6

Pete70
11-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Good to see Hearts are still going for the old "who have Hibs expressed an interest in" approach.

Exactly. How did it go for them with the last player they stole from under our noses, Bikey?

Borderhibbie76
11-06-2017, 09:56 PM
We need 2 New stikers. They have to be a lot better than Simon Murray and Brian Graham. No disrespect to either, Graham was signed for cover in the championship and Murray could do a turn/potential to be moulded into a 1st team regular in future. We need 2 strikers better than this for finding ourselves in the top 6
We sure do...I really hope lennon has a few rabbits up his sleeve. We r about to find out how hard it is to replace 20 plus goals a season on a tight budget

Hermit Crab
11-06-2017, 10:06 PM
We sure do...I really hope lennon has a few rabbits up his sleeve. We r about to find out how hard it is to replace 20 plus goals a season on a tight budget

I wouldn't say our budget is as tight as it once was before LD.

tamig
11-06-2017, 10:11 PM

I think our budget will be very competitive next season. Probably the highest for many years. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a list of targets already lined up in the event of Cummings being sold. Maybe a different set of names from those that may have been targetted if he'd stayed.

Nicho87
11-06-2017, 10:12 PM
I reckon with this news keatings will be kicking himself.

Keyser Sauzee
11-06-2017, 10:15 PM

I don't, I'm pretty sure keatings knew there was a really good chance JC would be leaving and still decided to go.

HibsNutter
11-06-2017, 10:15 PM

If we were going into the SPL with him as our first choice striker, we'd all be kicking ourselves.

The Leith Dutch
11-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Would have preferred to keep hold of him but far, far better that it's happening early in the window with a chance to at least re-invest any fee we get.

That said, seems to be some weird opinions - apparently £1.4 million is poor for Cummings who scored 19 goals at championship level but we think it's £400k for Boyce who got 23 in the SPL and is a full international cap??

Fwiw I'd assume Cummings will go for significantly more *unless* there's a release clause.
Boyce is likely to go down South and were he to be on our radar I'd expect it to cost pretty much all the transfer fee we get from Cummings plus a major hit on our wage bill.

The Leith Dutch
11-06-2017, 10:24 PM

I seriously doubt that - if Cummings is going then it's for a decent fee and we'll be replacing him with another striker who was ahead of Keatings in the pecking order. I would be properly shocked if we sell Cummings and don't replace him with a player that you'd rate as higher quality than JK.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2017, 10:28 PM

I don't, I reckon Keatings knows his level is championship.

SirDavidsNapper
11-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Be sad to see Cummings go but that's football. If we can keep getting £1m+ for players we've brought through from youth ranks then we're doing fine. Hearts must be kicking themselves they let him go.

The Harp
11-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Just as long as NL has been consulted and is in agreement that Jason should be allowed to leave then that's fine as far as I'm concerned. Acquiring a replacement for Jason could be quite a task considering clubs will know we have a tidy sum from Jason's transfer and bump up their asking price.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Well this is pish.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Just as long as NL has been consulted and is in agreement that Jason should be allowed to leave then that's fine as far as I'm concerned. Acquiring a replacement for Jason could be quite a task considering clubs will know we have a tidy sum from Jason's transfer and bump up their asking price.If there is a clause it is nothing to do with Neil Lennon sadly.

inglisavhibs
11-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Good luck to him from me too but he will be a backwater player forgotten about, and in a year or so time will be touted back to Scottish clubs. Apart from the money I think it's a bad move for him. He's nowhere near as good as LG and Wolves emptied him. Good luck though and thanks for your time with Hibs.

Your a real optomistic sort! Thankfully Jason has a bit more confidence about him and will do well. We only kept him last season because of the release clause offered in his new contract and it ensured our promotion. Wish him all the best and will miss watching him, will be a difficult player to replace.

PatHead
11-06-2017, 11:02 PM
If you do go, good luck Jason, hammer of the Hearts

KWJ
11-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Would have preferred to keep hold of him but far, far better that it's happening early in the window with a chance to at least re-invest any fee we get.

That said, seems to be some weird opinions - apparently £1.4 million is poor for Cummings who scored 19 goals at championship level but we think it's £400k for Boyce who got 23 in the SPL and is a full international cap??

Fwiw I'd assume Cummings will go for significantly more *unless* there's a release clause.
Boyce is likely to go down South and were he to be on our radar I'd expect it to cost pretty much all the transfer fee we get from Cummings plus a major hit on our wage bill.

Yup. Some mental comments in this thread.

If he chooses to go then I'll miss Jase as a great character and quality goalscorer and wish him all the best and hope to see him banging them in for Scotland as his career continues upwards.

Mr Grieves
11-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Gutted if this happens. We would've been in big trouble without his goals the last few seasons.

I wish him all the best and hope we've prepared for this.

RossScott1991
11-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Always going to happen, still tough when it does happen.. gutted. Love the lad. Hammer of the hearts. I feel McGinn could be next and suddenly a good summer soo far suddenly could have part of our spine ripped out. We need to replace him with quality and only proven quality. If sky is true 1 million isn't enough considering his contract and fact we already rejected 1.8mil last year for him

heretoday
11-06-2017, 11:26 PM
At least he didn't go to Parkheid.

Bay Area Hibees
11-06-2017, 11:41 PM
If he does go (which im pretty certain he will) he's a hibs legend. From the day we got relegated he said that he would not leave until he got us back up and he's done exactly that. We would not only lose a great goalscorer but a great personality. Thanks for the memories Jason.

this 100%

macca70
11-06-2017, 11:58 PM

What a drama queen!! Serious trouble?!!

Who said he is a replacement for Cummings? He has earned his chance for a shot, but it's a huge step up.

hibees 7062
12-06-2017, 12:44 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19059878_10213378045311494_8224585117925188987_n.j pg?oh=cb4bceea99205b43ba636b6d75538b9c&oe=599CD36A

Unseen work
12-06-2017, 12:58 AM
Can't see us getting Boyce or Moult unfortunatley.

Boyce - Burton
Moult - Huns

It will certainly be interesting to see who we go for, I can't think of many out with them 2 that scream out?

Stevie May
Miles Storey
Lee Erwin
Michael Ohallaron
Billy McKay? Not for me personally but is out of contract

One thing is for sure and that is that Lennon will get the backing from the board.

i can see him going more for experienced late 20 sort of strikers though

NOLA
12-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Our forward line without cumdog looks poor now. If the fee is 1m then we must be getting a decent sell on fee too [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunbar Hibee
12-06-2017, 01:02 AM
Can't see us getting Boyce or Moult unfortunatley.

Boyce - Burton
Moult - Huns

It will certainly be interesting to see who we go for, I can't think of many out with them 2 that scream out?

Stevie May
Miles Storey
Lee Erwin
Michael Ohallaron
Billy McKay? Not for me personally but is out of contract

One thing is for sure and that is that Lennon will get the backing from the board.

i can see him going more for experienced late 20 sort of strikers though

I hope we sign none of those players you've just listed. (Aside from moult n Boyce)

Unseen work
12-06-2017, 01:15 AM
I hope we sign none of those players you've just listed. (Aside from moult n Boyce)

Really?

imo May, Storey and Ohallaron would be very good signings would would improve our squad.

if we lose Cummings this week it leaves us with Murray and Graham as the 2 recognised first team strikers.

Billychaotic182
12-06-2017, 01:20 AM

You wouldn't want Stevie May?!?!?!?!

Scott Allan Key
12-06-2017, 04:15 AM
Surely it'd be Robin Hood Airport?

Thieving bassas....

If true, worth remembering that the livery of Robin of Loxley was Lincioln Green, (which is a place), so the livery isn't actually Hollywood Green, it was red, hence why Notts Forest play in red.

If they play the going rate, they can get one of the sheriff's men who we've converted into a little Green Man, and he can join the merry men and become the Cumdog millionaire he has always dreamed of. If so, thanks for the cup and £7 million, Fannyhat.

RIP Bestie
12-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Thank you. :faf:

For what?
Would love to sit down with you and talk about your football knowledge. It would be funnier than a Kevin Bridges gig.

MacGruber
12-06-2017, 05:25 AM

Neither would I at this point really. Just don't have the confidence he wouldn't be over his injury and end up in a Farid situation.

O'Halloran isn't great either and although pacey he's not a goalscorer

Would take one of the others however unlikely. Erwin isn't prolific either so would need somebody else too.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 06:00 AM
We will miss his goals thats for sure, but of course the money will be reinvested in other players who will hopefully make us better as a team.

I predict that JC unless he improves beyond recognition will be back up the road on loan or at a cut priced deal within 2 seasons, as he just wont be good enough against bigger and better defenders.

Good luck to him, as he's one of those lads you just can't fail to like. :top marks

thebausburst
12-06-2017, 06:06 AM
The Stevie May of a few years back would be great, too much of a risk now, has to be Boyce watch this space, Burton deal not done.

aussie_hibee
12-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Looking at that forest fans page, a lot of them don't want him, think they don't need him and that they are too good to be shopping in Scotland for players.

Scouse Hibee
12-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Looking at that forest fans page, a lot of them don't want him, think they don't need him and that they are too good to be shopping in Scotland for players.

Similar to our Ambrose threads when we took him on loan.

3pm
12-06-2017, 06:28 AM
We will miss his goals thats for sure, but of course the money will be reinvested in other players who will hopefully make us better as a team.

I predict that JC unless he improves beyond recognition will be back up the road on loan or at a cut priced deal within 2 seasons, as he just wont be good enough against bigger and better defenders.

Good luck to him, as he's one of those lads you just can't fail to like. :top marks

That's possible but I hope not.

He's 21 so he should be in improving anyway, regardless of whether he moves or not. If he goes down there, works hard and is willing to learn then he has a chance.

Fanny hat sets his teams up to attack at least - that's a bonus for him to start with.

It's up to him.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 06:34 AM
That's possible but I hope not.

He's 21 so he should be in improving anyway, regardless of whether he moves or not. If he goes down there, works hard and is willing to learn then he has a chance.

Fanny hat sets his teams up to attack at least - that's a bonus for him to start with.

It's up to him.

Me too, and yes it is entirely up to him now. :agree:

Michael
12-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Gutted we won't see him in the Premiership for us. Good luck to him though.

SirDavidsNapper
12-06-2017, 06:42 AM
The thing with Cummings is his stock at the moment is high. If he wasn't producing in the Premiership we wouldn't get this sort of money for him. I've no doubts he would but there's always that chance. Wish him all the best and he leaves a legend. Hope we reinvest some of the money though.

Jim44
12-06-2017, 06:47 AM
In my opinion, one thing is highly likely. Lennon won't be given anywhere near the amount we get for Cummings for a replacement. If, as we are led to believe, we are in a healthy financial state, why are we saying we are reluctantly selling him. If we are in a healthy state, I would have thought that every penny would be given to Lennon for a replacement. That being the case, why sell him in the first place if we are happy with him? Unless of course there is a contractual clause forcing us to sell. Even then, all the money should be put towards a replacement.

Ken
12-06-2017, 06:47 AM
If he does leave then the good thing is it's happening on 12 June, not 31 August so plenty time to use the money to reinvest and get another striker or 2 in early

hibs0666
12-06-2017, 06:50 AM
In my opinion, one thing is highly likely. Lennon won't be given anywhere near the amount we get for Cummings for a replacement. If, as we are led to believe, we are in a healthy financial state, why are we saying we are reluctantly selling him. If we are in a healthy state, I would have thought that every penny would be given to Lennon for a replacement. That being the case, why sell him in the first place if we are happy with him? Unless of course there is a contractual clause forcing us to sell. Even then, all the money should be put towards a replacement.

That's a lot of if's.

SirDavidsNapper
12-06-2017, 06:55 AM

Probably reluctantly allowing him to leave as he wants to leave. Can't keep an unhappy player.

Heisenberg
12-06-2017, 06:57 AM

Going by the past then that could be the case. Under LD I'm hoping it's different and we see a fair chunk re-invested into the team. When we sold Allan we brought in McGinn for money so that's a good sign that we will spend a bit for the right player.

GreenCastle
12-06-2017, 07:03 AM
I had a feeling we may lose Cummings and McGinn this summer.

Right now looks like JC has his move sorted. The money could be better/it could be worse for us. The yams won't get that much for Paterson/Nicholson and Walker combined.

But my main concern is who is going to score the goals. Even if we kept JC we needed more firepower from midfield and up front. Holt,Keatings and Cummings now away.. players who were our main strikers last season !!!

We have to bring in some players that will do that or we simply won't win games. Bit like when Leigh left us - we brought in James Collins etc who just didn't do it.

McGinns comments midweek in the paper sounds like he's staying - he's crucial also and maybe has one more season with us before he moves next summer..who knows.

I'm glad Cummings is going down south - but this also has a slight Kenny Miller feeling too it - England then back up to Scotland in near future.

Key is Hibs use the money wisely to improve the team. Natural goal scorers aren't easy to find at low prices.

J-C
12-06-2017, 07:04 AM
Probably reluctantly allowing him to leave as he wants to leave. Can't keep an unhappy player.

Jason was in no hurry to leave and Hibs to sell him.

I posted in the private members board 2 weeks ago that I spoke to his dad and he told me he'd probably be away this summer, had a release clause a hell of a lot less than £2m+ everyone on here was talking about and he'd go south, said you can't knock back £10K PW.

I assume when he signed his new deal it would be agreed by Lennon and LD that if he helps get us back up they wouldn't stand in his way when an offer came in, his post season comments about doing just that seemed to hint at a move.

SirDavidsNapper
12-06-2017, 07:07 AM

I posted in the private members board 2 weeks ago that I spoke to his dad and he told me he'd probably be away this summer, had a release clause a hell of a lot less than £2m+ everyone on here was talking about and he'd go south, said you can't knock back £10K PW.

I assume when he signed his new deal it would be agreed by Lennon and LD that if he helps get us back up they wouldn't stand in his way when an offer came in, his post season comments about doing just that seemed to hint at a move.
That would make sense. Good bit of info there 👍 can't stand in his way with that sort of money floating about

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Keyser Sauzee
12-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Sky sports news just reported Forest have bid in excess of £1m for Cummings

Marco G
12-06-2017, 07:12 AM

That sounds possible. It took a lot of persuading by Lennon before he signed. Main aim was to have him stay for helping get us promoted, which worked out. Second aim was that he would not leave near end of contract so we would get little for him.

If this does go through it will be to both parties benefit and we have time to find a replacement. Knowing the way we are run nowadays there will be plans in place already.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Marco G
12-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Sky sports news just reported Forest have bid in excess of £1m for Cummings
Sounds odd? Why would it not say they had a bid accepted for that amount? Think I will wait until I hear our side of the story!

The Leith Dutch
12-06-2017, 07:17 AM

Genuinely interested in why you think the bit in bold?

Fwiw I think Lennon will get all the money towards the squad but would find it difficult to use for a single replacement due to other constraints.

For example I think we could pay the £1 million price tag County have apparently slapped on Boyce from the Cummings cash but probably not the wage a guy we're paying a million for would want.

Keyser Sauzee
12-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Sounds odd? Why would it not say they had a bid accepted for that amount? Think I will wait until I hear our side of the story!

Not sure, just posting what said on SSN, it was only a 20 second clip.

WhileTheChief..
12-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Fairly relaxed about the situation, Lennon will have know that he was moving on for a while anyways.

Jim44
12-06-2017, 07:46 AM

Fwiw I think Lennon will get all the money towards the squad but would find it difficult to use for a single replacement due to other constraints.

For example I think we could pay the £1 million price tag County have apparently slapped on Boyce from the Cummings cash but probably not the wage a guy we're paying a million for would want.

Unless as somebody has suggested, Cummings wants to go, what's the point of selling him just to maintain the status quo? If we can replace him with better ( one or more players) fine but it's just my opinion that the club will cream off a fair bit of the cash for other purposes. That's how businesses work after all. I'm happy to be completely wrong by the way.

Platinum Scotty
12-06-2017, 07:47 AM
From Sutton....

Chris Sutton‏Verified account

Chris Sutton Retweeted Daily Record Sport

£1 million cheap for Cummings... Thought Warbs would be in for most of the Rangers players he recruited !!!

Chris

Super_JMcGinn
12-06-2017, 07:55 AM
The voices in his head, or a guy down the pub.

:rolleyes:

Gutted but not surprised :not worth JC

GloryGlory
12-06-2017, 07:55 AM

Need to remember that "getting all the money" doesn't necessarily mean paying a huge transfer fee to another club. Could mean signing-on fees, wages, bonuses, contributions to pension scheme, etc to a player (or players).

Super_JMcGinn
12-06-2017, 07:56 AM
From Sutton....

Chris Sutton‏Verified account

Chris Sutton Retweeted Daily Record Sport

£1 million cheap for Cummings... Thought Warbs would be in for most of the Rangers players he recruited !!!

Chris

celtic class

GloryGlory
12-06-2017, 07:57 AM
If he does leave then the good thing is it's happening on 12 June, not 31 August so plenty time to use the money to reinvest and get another striker or 2 in early

I would imagine Hibs and Forest have been talking for a few weeks. So time for the football department to look at other targets.

mjhibby
12-06-2017, 08:01 AM
I had a feeling we may lose Cummings and McGinn this summer.

Right now looks like JC has his move sorted. The money could be better/it could be worse for us. The yams won't get that much for Paterson/Nicholson and Walker combined.

But my main concern is who is going to score the goals. Even if we kept JC we needed more firepower from midfield and up front. Holt,Keatings and Cummings now away.. players who were our main strikers last season !!!

We have to bring in some players that will do that or we simply won't win games. Bit like when Leigh left us - we brought in James Collins etc who just didn't do it.

McGinns comments midweek in the paper sounds like he's staying - he's crucial also and maybe has one more season with us before he moves next summer..who knows.

I'm glad Cummings is going down south - but this also has a slight Kenny Miller feeling too it - England then back up to Scotland in near future.

Key is Hibs use the money wisely to improve the team. Natural goal scorers aren't easy to find at low prices.

I'm sure dempster and Lennon will already have set how much the manager can get from the sale of Cummings. I believe we are after two strikers so we will just have to wait and see. The money could also seal the whittaker and Marciano deals. If we get two decent strikers in as well we must be looking at top four. Surprised at Jason going to forest as they have struggled for years but im sure getting your wages tripled can be very persuasive. Good luck Jason and thanks for some great goals especially against the huns and mini huns.

Andy74
12-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Lots of guesswork. In any case it's not as easy as money in going straight out again. Do you use it on fees or wages? Over what time period?!How would it change the balance of what others get paid?

I'm happy any fee we get will be used for the wider benefit of the team overall but it doesn't mean the same fee gets paid back ou.

mjhibby
12-06-2017, 08:17 AM
JC was going to leave at some point and I don't begrudge any player moving on to further their career or for a big pay rise. I'd do the same.

If the fee is £1.4m up front (hopefully with add ons and a sell on %) I wouldn't be all that unhappy but the really important thing for me is replacing him with the right player(s).

It's only a good deal if we have a couple of very good strikers in. One will likely be in the grant Holt type of player that Lennon likes. Someone with plenty experience to help Murray adjust to the spl. I'm sure the rumour mill will be working overtime.

Since90+2
12-06-2017, 08:23 AM
I said it last year that Cummings only signed the new contract on the basis that Hibs would be easy to deal with in 12 months time when he would be looking to move on. The info came from a 1st team squad member and it was fairly common knowledge in the dressing room he would be away.

Wish him all the best and I think he may surprise a few people with how well he does down there. I hope that a sell on clause is part of the agreement.

mjhibby
12-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Unless as somebody has suggested, Cummings wants to go, what's the point of selling him just to maintain the status quo? If we can replace him with better ( one or more players) fine but it's just my opinion that the club will cream off a fair bit of the cash for other purposes. That's how businesses work after all. I'm happy to be completely wrong by the way.

Those days are gone at er and with the crowds last season and us havint sold so many season tickets we will in all likelihood top last seasons Ave attendances. The debt to farmer is now under£4m and falling. I'm sure Lennon and dempster are well aware we need two decent strikers to be competitive in the top four or five next season and Lennon would have been planning next season with or without Jason. No need for any overreaction as we are a club in the rudeth of health

GloryGlory
12-06-2017, 08:33 AM
It's only a good deal if we have a couple of very good strikers in. One will likely be in the grant Holt type of player that Lennon likes. Someone with plenty experience to help Murray adjust to the spl. I'm sure the rumour mill will be working overtime.

I would also expect there to be a couple of trialists when training resumes at EM.

mjhibby
12-06-2017, 08:36 AM
I hope we aren't reliant on getting lucky with trialists. I'm sure we have targets in mind.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 08:41 AM

I would imagine that your average Forest fan knows as much about Scottish football outwith the Ugly sisters as I know about quantum physics ..... Its a 50/50 shot as to whether JC will make it down there, it all depends if he can make the improvements to his game even most Hibs fans would admit he needs and would have needed to be as effective in the Scottish premiership as he was in the championship.

In the insane market English clubs operate in under two million quid buys you potential and nothing more ..... If they really think they are too good to be shopping in any market for players, never mind Scotland, it perhaps shows why they have fallen further in their time than practically any European cup winning club in history.

Mainstandman
12-06-2017, 08:47 AM
My old man is suggesting that if the fee of 1.4-1.8m is accurate then it is the highest fee for a Scottish player who has never scored in the top league. I can't think of anyone else?
Do the playoffs not count

easty
12-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Do the playoffs not count

The playoffs aren't in the top league. They're the playoffs.

easty
12-06-2017, 08:50 AM
I hope we aren't reliant on getting lucky with trialists. I'm sure we have targets in mind.

I hope we have trialists coming in. Why would having a look at players we don't know much about be a bad thing?

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Cummings isn't as good as McGinn but the nature of strikers suggests he'll be harder to replace.

I'm sure NL/LD will work something out and I'm quite intrigued to see what they do here.

Cummings might have set the top flight alight in Scotland alight or he might have struggled with 4-6 goals a season. He might emerge as a star with Forest and be fast tracked to the Premiership, or not cut it snd spend his career in the lower leagues before coming back up here to Falkirk or QOS as a tubby old journeyman striker.

We still don't really know. In England they can pay silly money to gamble on potential.

Ryan69
12-06-2017, 09:21 AM
My old man is suggesting that if the fee of 1.4-1.8m is accurate then it is the highest fee for a Scottish player who has never scored in the top league. I can't think of anyone else?

Oli Burke?
Craig Gordon?
Allan McGregor?

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:26 AM
I work in same building as one of Cummings friend, boy called Aidan. Who has told me today in email as i asked that he is away to Forest today for his medical and it is only 500k we are recieving for him, as this is the release clause in his contract that was agreed when he signed it Hibs would allow him to move on. Confirmed by JC in their group chat last night.

As can imagine, this figure has ruined my day.

BH Hibs
12-06-2017, 09:27 AM
So let me get this right then. There are people on here doubting if he can score goals in the Premiership in Scotland but a team who want to buy him are confident he will score goals in the English Championship? That's barking mad. £1m is way to cheap imo however if the club and the player came to some sort of agreement on him signing a new contract last year to get us promoted then so be it. He goes with my best wishes and I hope he scores for fun and goes on to play for Scotland. All the best Jason.

pacoluna
12-06-2017, 09:29 AM
keatings will be shaking his head, a little bit of patience and he could have been an important player for us next season giving this news.

Lee Marvin
12-06-2017, 09:29 AM
I work in same building as one of Cummings friend, boy called Aidan. Who has told me today in email as i asked that he is away to Forest today for his medical and it is only 500k we are recieving for him, as this is the release clause in his contract that was agreed when he signed it Hibs would allow him to move on. Confirmed by JC in their group chat last night.

Valiant effort mate

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2017, 09:30 AM

If that is correct, then I'd be interested who agreed that on our side.

easty
12-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Its obviously not correct.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Valiant effort mate

Mate, i am not trolling. None my posts before suggest otherwise. Choose to believe it or not.

easty
12-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Mate, i am not trolling. None my posts before suggest otherwise. Choose to believe it or not.

I choose...not.

CallumLaidlaw
12-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Its obviously not correct.

agreed. I'm led to believe there is no set release fee. Mates of footballers like to make out they know more than they actually do sometimes.

Look at TC23 :greengrin (only joking mate :wink: )

Lee Marvin
12-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Im unsure if there is a person on this board who will believe that.

Wilson
12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
keatings will be shaking his head, a little bit of patience and he could have been an important player for us next season giving this news.

...and with even more patience still he might find we sign a striker to replace JC and he is actually no better off for staying.

Players make the best decision for themselves when the opportunities come their way. I'm sure Keatings has no other worries than making an impact for Dundee Utd.

Good luck to both.

Ryan69
12-06-2017, 09:36 AM

So every other media outlet is wrong then.

Thats a load of rubbish sorry

GloryGlory
12-06-2017, 09:36 AM

If that's correct, how come Peterborough failed with their bid last year? :greengrin

supermcginn
12-06-2017, 09:37 AM

If we were going into next season relying on keatings we would have been in deep trouble, hopefully the Cummings money is enough to get two proven scorers we desperately need them!

Wilson
12-06-2017, 09:37 AM

I'm going past ER, just to see if Rod has taken a funny turn and is currently emptying his wallet out of the window.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:39 AM
im passing on what ive been told today at work, as i say his mate might not know full script. however i do work with his mate aidan at lloyds and was told this info, so thought id post it here. i dont know if its true or not i do know hes quite close to JC

hibee316
12-06-2017, 09:41 AM

I choose to believe your mate is pulling your leg. :agree:

21sMay
12-06-2017, 09:42 AM
We have 2 players lined up who I've been told will be announced in the days after Jason leaves . I think one of them is going to be Whittaker

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:44 AM
I choose to believe your mate is pulling your leg. :agree:

hes not my mate, hes a guy i work with.

I thought that this was what forums where for if you hear something pass it on. dont need take his word for it or mine, just thought id share. Personally said myself to him 500k seems bull considering we knocked back over million.

Since90+2
12-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Anybody who thinks Leeann Dempster would agree to a 500k buy out clause for Jason Cummings is mad.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 09:48 AM
I don't believe it is 500k myself. It will be more. Im only writing what i have been told at work from one of his genuine mates. I'd rather not be seem as a troll or some inside source. Im not. Im just passing on what i was told. I think Sky Sources are more reliable for when comes to figure.

brog
12-06-2017, 09:49 AM
hes not my mate, hes a guy i work with.

I thought that this was what forums where for if you hear something pass it on. dont need take his word for it or mine, just thought id share. Personally said myself to him 500k seems bull considering we knocked back over million.

Thanks for sharing. As my old man used to say; I vouch not for the rale that be, I tell the tale as told to me! I think that saying summarises a lot of posts on Hibs Net & as you say thats why we have our forum.

RoxburghHibs
12-06-2017, 09:55 AM
I don't believe it is 500k myself. It will be more. Im only writing what i have been told at work from one of his genuine mates. I'd rather not be seem as a troll or some inside source. Im not. Im just passing on what i was told. I think Sky Sources are more reliable for when comes to figure.

It sounds like this got "lost in translation" and was probably meant to mean £1.5m. Sadly even this figure is still way to low for Jason but maybe that is the clause in his contract.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 10:06 AM

If Hibs agreed to a 500K release clause for a player they had just turned down 1.8 million for then the only answer is that Rod Petrie was tied up in a cupboard somewhere during negotiations ...... If JC turned up at my door to confirm that story in person I still wouldn't believe it :aok:

J-C
12-06-2017, 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure Lennon would have known JC would be moving on and if he really wanted to keep Keatings he would have given him the heads up and told him to bide his time.

Truth is Keatings was average and very inconsistent and really only good enough as back up.

Tamhere1875
12-06-2017, 10:11 AM
If there is any truth in this then someone at Easter Road should be shown the door no matter who it is.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2017, 10:14 AM
If there is any truth in this then someone at Easter Road should be shown the door no matter who it is.

Any truth in what Tam, the fee?

Delboy4
12-06-2017, 10:20 AM

I too would be very surprised at 500k buy out clause as he re-signed the deal after we knocked back Peterborough's 1.8m bid, even if it was 1.4m with addons why would we allow him to go for 500k??

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 10:27 AM
I too would be very surprised at 500k buy out clause as he re-signed the deal after we knocked back Peterborough's 1.8m bid, even if it was 1.4m with addons why would we allow him to go for 500k??

Why are people giving this £500k rumour airtime? it's patently nonsense.

At this time, the most reliable indication we have of the fee is Kenny Millar confirming it is 7 figures.

Mikey09
12-06-2017, 10:37 AM
If JC is going use the money to bring in Greg Stewart and Liam Boyce.

JimboHibs
12-06-2017, 10:39 AM
13 page thread and the truth is no one knows jack **** regarding contract,fee etc.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Any truth in what Tam, the fee?
More likely the door bit as we have loads of doors at Easter Road.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bingo70
12-06-2017, 10:43 AM
13 page thread and the truth is no one knows jack **** regarding contract,fee etc.

What were you expecting on a fans forum? Legal paperwork?

Of course it's all speculation and people passing on the bits and pieces they've heard, that's kind of the point of this place.

Arch Stanton
12-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Difficult making sense of this - especially the buy-ouy clause - it's not as if Hibs would have advertised him for sale at £500k.

However, JC's previous contract would have run by now and a buy-out clause isn't so daft if it said that Hibs must accept offers over £500k if JC wanted the move. The 7 figure offer reported in the EEN is way more likely than £500k.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 10:49 AM
What were you expecting on a fans forum? Legal paperwork?

Of course it's all speculation and people passing on the bits and pieces they've heard, that's kind of the point of this place.

The issue isn't people passing on bits of information, it's people picking up this information which so far has been from pretty dubious sources and treating it as fact.

Ozyhibby
12-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Apart from the op, not a single soul saw this deal coming and yet within 12 hours there appears to be about 20 guys on this thread who are itk on the details of the deal. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Col2
12-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Apart from the op, not a single soul saw this deal coming and yet within 12 hours there appears to be about 20 guys on this thread who are itk on the details of the deal. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Best observation to date!!! Absolutely. And OP was about to be hounded until Kenny Miller (Sun) went public. Next 48 hours will likely clarify what is going on.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Moult, Boyce, Stokes and Ciftci. Any 2 of them.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Just had a look at the Forest forum 'LTLF' ...... Most of the posts are reasonable, but as usual interspersed with the usual arrogant pish from that lot whenever one of their clubs is linked with a Scottish player. If I supported a club that finished two places below a team that got the runaround from Hibs reserves at the start of last season and avoided relegation by a baw hair I don't think I would be so cocky.

Mind you looking at their goals against column, only the mighty Rotherham were worse, they would have been better bidding for Paul Hanlon or Darren McGregor than Jason Cummings :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2017, 11:20 AM
What a drama queen!! Serious trouble?!!

Who said he is a replacement for Cummings? He has earned his chance for a shot, but it's a huge step up.
U think I'm being a drama queen people wanting our best striker replaced with an untried youngster who scored half a dozen goals at Stenny?? Right then

MacGruber
12-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Mind you looking at their goals against column, only the mighty Rotherham were worse, they would have been better bidding for Paul Hanlon or Darren McGregor than Jason Cummings :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Sshhhh! :0

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 11:26 AM
U think I'm being a drama queen people wanting our best striker replaced with an untried youngster who scored half a dozen goals at Stenny?? Right then

Who replaced Leigh Griffiths as our main striker? Was it the 200k striker that we bought with a good reputation or was it the untried youngster who had never even scored a professional goal?

Drama queen

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2017, 11:26 AM
im passing on what ive been told today at work, as i say his mate might not know full script. however i do work with his mate aidan at lloyds and was told this info, so thought id post it here. i dont know if its true or not i do know hes quite close to JC
Trust me it ain't true and ur work mate is oan the wind up

BigT-Hibeez
12-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Agreed

hibee_nation
12-06-2017, 11:31 AM

I suspect aidan is a bitter jambo fud or ripping the pesh out you

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Who replaced Leigh Griffiths as our main striker? Was it the 200k striker that we bought with a good reputation or was it the untried youngster who had never even scored a professional goal?

Drama queen
I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama 😉

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Drama queen

Cummings first goal for Hibs was a year after Griffiths last game. Would you be happy for the same with Cummings replacement?

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 11:38 AM
I suspect aidan is a bitter jambo fud or ripping the pesh out you

Maybe so, but he is one of JC good mates that I can vouch for.

As i have said, i am not in know, or making claims that I am a reliable source. Just passing on a conversation I had this morning from someone that actually knows JC. I'm sure any of you would do the same if you actually spoke to someone who knows Cummings himself.

For the record i think it will be 7 figure sum, as I told him this morning, even the tache isnt that silly.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2017, 11:45 AM

As i have said, i am not in know, or making claims that I am a reliable source. Just passing on a conversation I had this morning from someone that actually knows JC. I'm sure any of you would do the same if you actually spoke to someone who knows Cummings himself.

For the record i think it will be 7 figure sum, as I told him this morning, even the tache isnt that silly.

The 'tache' may have been silly in some areas ...... getting top dollar for our best assets has never been one of them :greengrin

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Seems strange Lennon said this on 14th May and yet if reports are correct will leave for less than previously offered and now on a 4 year contract. Why would you put a buy out clause in a contract that is less than he's worth?

“I don’t want to sell them, I’m not saying we will sell them.

“We are in control. We’ve got them on long-term contracts.

“The two of them seem pretty happy here, Jason especially.

“But finances will maybe dictate. If we get big enough offers in it will give the club something to think about.

“At the minute we don’t have to sell them, we’re not in a hurry to do that.

truehibernian
12-06-2017, 11:48 AM
All the best to a great young player with a bit of attitude which was exactly what the club needed when fighting to get back to the top league. He's come on leaps and bounds and can only improve if he keeps working hard and doesn't allow himself to get distracted. I think he'll manage the step up no problem.

From a Hibs point of view I think this has been a move in the pipeline a wee while and one which has been seen as the catalyst for NL to bring in his top targets. I'd expect a lot of 'incomings' off the back of JC's move and the money coming in.

Could be an exciting couple of weeks ahead :aok:

scooby
12-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Difficult making sense of this - especially the buy-ouy clause - it's not as if Hibs would have advertised him for sale at £500k.

However, JC's previous contract would have run by now and a buy-out clause isn't so daft if it said that Hibs must accept offers over £500k if JC wanted the move. The 7 figure offer reported in the EEN is way more likely than £500k.

At last, a voice of reason!

ian cruise
12-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Seems strange Lennon said this on 14th May and yet if reports are correct will leave for less than previously offered and now on a 4 year contract. Why would you put a buy out clause in a contract that is less than he's worth?

“I don’t want to sell them, I’m not saying we will sell them.

“We are in control. We’ve got them on long-term contracts.

“The two of them seem pretty happy here, Jason especially.

“But finances will maybe dictate. If we get big enough offers in it will give the club something to think about.

“At the minute we don’t have to sell them, we’re not in a hurry to do that.

In all fairness, he was most likely answering direct question and he's not exactly going to come out and say "aye were going to have to accept any bid we get, after all we're just a Scottish club".

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
In all fairness, he was most likely answering direct question and he's not exactly going to come out and say "aye were going to have to accept any bid we get, after all we're just a Scottish club".

I get that but if you get him to sign a 4 year deal you would think that any bids acceptable to Hibs would have to start at the very least equivalent to what was previously offered. IF Hibs were willing to let him leave then it would surely have been better alerting more teams and stirring up some higher bids. If the speculation is true then it appears they've buckled at the first sign of cash.

It's still all speculation of course but I'm not making sense of their strategy on this.

Andy74
12-06-2017, 12:03 PM
I get that but if you get him to sign a 4 year deal you would think that any bids acceptable to Hibs would have to start at the very least equivalent to what was previously offered. IF Hibs were willing to let him leave then it would surely have been better alerting more teams and stirring up some higher bids. If the speculation is true then it appears they've buckled at the first sign of cash.

It's still all speculation of course but I'm not making sense of their strategy on this.

Most likely is that previous offer wasn't as good as this one. Might be more up front now and might be sell on percentage.

dchibs
12-06-2017, 12:07 PM

I believe we got over a million for him, and to think the yams let him go for nowt.

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Most likely is that previous offer wasn't as good as this one. Might be more up front now and might be sell on percentage.

I suppose there are lots of possibilities. I can't understand why they would give him a four year deal though unless it was being used as a way to get more for him. It's only 12 June and he appears to be away already for a fee less than previously offered regardless of how that previous deal was structured. I would have though the club would have played hard ball, got it out in the open and saw if others were willing to better any initial offers.

What do we know though!!

HibeeMassive
12-06-2017, 12:09 PM

In all fairness though, you, me, no-one outside of the walls of ER/EM really knows what the strategy or genuine deal details are.

Maybe we've had 3 other offers for less, and we've knocked them all back. Maybe Forests deal is a decent wedge of money up-front and a massive sell-on clause. Maybe Jason himself has expressed an interest in speaking to Forest, so we've agreed - and maybe he'll be back up the road today/tomorrow and wants to sit it out, so we wait for the next offer..

I dunno, not many really do at this stage. I'm going to hang fire and make my mind up on how the club have played this one when, if, the details come out. I didn't expect JC (or SJM) to be here next season, if we do still have either of them then it'll be an added bonus for me. But I'm happy enough with the players we've brought in recently so if one/both do go then as hard as it'll be, I expect us to bring in decent replacements for them. Time will tell :greengrin

Iain G
12-06-2017, 12:12 PM
I believe we got over a million for him, and to think the yams let him go for nowt.

Ahh but they have a cash cow now! :greengrin

Jim44
12-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Whatever the 'true' price for JC, I hope that the sale goes through immediately and that it doesn't drag on. Get the dosh and use as much of it as possible to do the research and find a worthy replacement.

lord bunberry
12-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama 😉

I hope he won't be seen as his replacement, but it would be a huge bonus if he was to come into the team and start scoring goals. The boy obviously has talent and Lennon seems to like him.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Great news for cash-strapped Hearts as they negotiated a sell on fee of a rose bush, two leeks, six onions and a dozen potatoes.

truehibernian
12-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Great news for cash-strapped Hearts as they negotiated a sell on fee of a rose bush, two leeks, six onions and a dozen potatoes.

They're surely not selling chips Bob :rolleyes::greengrin

Deansy
12-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Badly advised if he thinks this is a good move for his career.

Will get my best wishes for all he's given to the club but I genuinely believe he needs AT LEAST another season with us in the top division. So much more development to be realised before moving on.

The above also applies to SJM.

Exactly my thoughts, too !. Imho, he's one season away from finishing his 'apprenticeship' - plus, and it's nothing to do with his Hun-connection, Warburton is a seriously gash manager !. All the 'talk/fanfare' that surrounded him when he started out has been proved to be just that - talk !

Don't go Jason - you WILL regret it !. Another season with us and then you can pick your club !

ekhibee
12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Whatever the 'true' price for JC, I hope that the sale goes through immediately and that it doesn't drag on. Get the dosh and use as much of it as possible to do the research and find a worthy replacement.
This. If he's on his way then good luck to him and best wishes, get the deal sorted and focus on a good or better replacement.

brog
12-06-2017, 12:41 PM

The 'tache' may have been silly in some areas ...... getting top dollar for our best assets has never been one of them :greengrin

The Tache has improved as a negotiator but it was not always thus. He was ready to accept £4.5m for the twins until Collins stepped in & it was also JC who virtually forced RP to give Fletch an enhanced contract which in turn led to us receiving a much bigger fee. It was that experience which has resulted in our current main assets, JC & SJM signing long term deals with a sell agreement probably being part of the deal.

J-C
12-06-2017, 12:50 PM
I hope he won't be seen as his replacement, but it would be a huge bonus if he was to come into the team and start scoring goals. The boy obviously has talent and Lennon seems to like him.

Cummings was 18 when he made his debut in Nov 2013 after impressing in the U20's, Shaw is 19 and has also impressed at U20's scoring 26 goals this season, I see no reason he cannot step up, Lennon said he wanted him in the squad but was unable due to his loan.

Baw187
12-06-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama [emoji6]

I haven't seen Shaw first hand but have hopes that if given a chance he might turn out to be pretty good. He could be the next Riordan, he might be the next Ross Caldwell (nowt against RC - just an example of someone who never made the grade)

What makes you so certain he doesn't have what it takes? Have you seen him play much? Genuine question as interested in your view given my optimistic hopes for him this season.

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I haven't seen Shaw first hand but have hopes that if given a chance he might turn out to be pretty good. He could be the next Riordan, he might be the next Ross Caldwell (nowt against RC - just an example of someone who never made the grade)

What makes you so certain he doesn't have what it takes? Have you seen him play much? Genuine question as interested in your view given my optimistic hopes for him this season.
I don't know a lot but il be very disappointed if we are pinning our hopes on him when we are aiming for a minimum top 6 finish. He scored something like 6/7 goals for stenhousemuir last season mate...he deserves a chance but not the pressure of replacing Cummings

Onion
12-06-2017, 12:57 PM
This. If he's on his way then good luck to him and best wishes, get the deal sorted and focus on a good or better replacement.

With money, we should have no problem finding a decent goalscorer, but we will sorely miss JC's gallus attitude and huge self-confidence. Yes, it caused problems at times but Hibs teams over the years have suffered greatly from having decent players with weak characters - usually exposed in big games and derby matches in particular. It's not just about finding someone who can score goals.

Baw187
12-06-2017, 12:59 PM
I don't know a lot but il be very disappointed if we are pinning our hopes on him when we are aiming for a minimum top 6 finish. He scored something like 6/7 goals for stenhousemuir last season mate...he deserves a chance but not the pressure of replacing Cummings

Ah ok, I getcha.

Nah, definitely not expecting us to be going in to the season thinking he's the answer but with a fair wind hopefully he'll get an opportunity and put himself in contention.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Cummings was 18 when he made his debut in Nov 2013 after impressing in the U20's, Shaw is 19 and has also impressed at U20's scoring 26 goals this season, I see no reason he cannot step up, Lennon said he wanted him in the squad but was unable due to his loan.

Nobody is suggesting he can't step up! People are merely suggesting that he should not be considered as Cummings replacement in the Starting XI.

Hibernia&Alba
12-06-2017, 01:05 PM
It would be a big blow to lose him. Let's just hope we can get top dollar and attract a high quality replacement. It will be a sad day when he waves farewell.

SRHibs
12-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Everyone's moaning about the fee, but as we're in the position in which we don't have to sell, logic would dictate the Cummings has made it clear he's keen to move on. Let's get a good replacement in who wants to be a part of our upward trajectory. Thanks for the goals JC!

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Cummings first goal for Hibs was a year after Griffiths last game. Would you be happy for the same with Cummings replacement?
Cummings first game was 6 months after Griffiths last game. Who's to say that Jason and Hibs wouldn't have been better off that season if he had played from the start of the season?

Deansy
12-06-2017, 01:11 PM

After having a bid of some £1.8m turned-down by us, I can't see RP sanctioning, what would've been at the time, a gamble/loss of £1.5m, on JC helpng us get promoted. If there's one thing that Rod Petrie is extremely good at it's 'Finance' - no-one better in Scottish Football imho - and I've never been on of his fans !

Diclonius
12-06-2017, 01:14 PM
What's Boyce's release clause?

My_Wife_Camille
12-06-2017, 01:15 PM

I don't think we will be either but going on recent history there's no reason why he can't be.

SanFranHibs
12-06-2017, 01:23 PM

I am with you on this. All this nonsense about not putting pressure on the 'young lad' to be JC's replacement.

Is he ready? Only one way to find out. Hopefully he is desperate to get his chance. If he was not, then there might be an issue but I suspect he is chomping at the bit for the opportunity to prove himself at the next level.

What are we waiting for? Think he will be any more prepared in another years time just because he turns 20? Waiting until he scores 40 goals in a season?

There are people on here who would be telling a young Joe Baker just to hold on until he was better prepared and more mature.

He's 19!!! Not a 15 year old apprentice. And frankly might be a lot more mature and well balance than JC is now :)

I do not want him to be seen as JC's replacement. I just want him to be himself and like any young Hibs player who has shown great promise, get the chance to progress as part of the squad. Actually, if JC stays with us I still think we need another striker anyhow.

And of course I look forward to him being a great success and am already predicting his move to the English Championship in 3 years :greengrin It's the Hibs way.

macca70
12-06-2017, 01:27 PM
No one knows what's gone on behind the scenes regarding fees or how the deal is structured, we just need to trust that our club have done the best and got the most they could.

We need to cash in on this sort of money when we can, like it or not, we are a selling club. If we kept hold of Jason for the coming season, anything could have happened, look at what happened with Patterson at Hearts.

Next to go for decent money will be McGinn, that could well be in this window too.

drumatic44
12-06-2017, 01:30 PM
What about Lewis Allan, on loan at Edin. City, anyone think he could make the squad ??

Arch Stanton
12-06-2017, 01:32 PM
After having a bid of some £1.8m turned-down by us, I can't see RP sanctioning, what would've been at the time, a gamble/loss of £1.5m, on JC helpng us get promoted. If there's one thing that Rod Petrie is extremely good at it's 'Finance' - no-one better in Scottish Football imho - and I've never been on of his fans !

Promotion was worth millions to us so keeping JC was worth it at any price IMO. However, turning down that bid AND NOT getting a contract extension would lose us that £1.8 million, guaranteed. In that situation JC would be calling the shots.

Big financial incentive for JC (and his agent!) to achieve the highest bid - £500k, no way!

KWJ
12-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Don't want to bring in a Joe Harper either. Cummings could be as difficult to replace in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Don't want to bring in a Joe Harper either. Cummings could be as difficult to replace in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.
Comment based on his time at Hibs alone? Joe Harper would command a gigantic fee in this day and age.

Andy74
12-06-2017, 01:38 PM
What about Lewis Allan, on loan at Edin. City, anyone think he could make the squad ??

No.

Brightside
12-06-2017, 01:39 PM

Nope.

Spike Mandela
12-06-2017, 01:43 PM
A wee bit disappointed not to get one full season out of Jason in the Premiership as I think he would have been a major asset to us.

A wee bit concerned also at Lennon's ability in the transfer market. The forward looking players he signed last year weren't exactly prolific.

emerald green
12-06-2017, 01:46 PM
If Cummings is to be sold, it must not be on the cheap.

Nottingham Forest have a big striker currently on their books (called Britt Assombalonga) whom I saw a few times last season on TV. He looks a good player, and has attracted interest from some big English clubs. If he were to be sold by Forest, guaranteed it would be for a lot more than £1.5m.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-06-2017, 01:47 PM
What's Boyce's release clause?

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 01:47 PM
I am with you on this. All this nonsense about not putting pressure on the 'young lad' to be JC's replacement.

Is he ready? Only one way to find out. Hopefully he is desperate to get his chance. If he was not, then there might be an issue but I suspect he is chomping at the bit for the opportunity to prove himself at the next level.

What nonsense. Of course there is more the one way to find out. Give him opportunities off the bench and in cup games against weaker opposition. Throwing him in as our first choice striker as a replacement for Cummings would be way down my list of "ways to find out".

Hibernia&Alba
12-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Nottingham Forest have a big striker currently on their books (called Britt Assombalonga) whom I saw a few times last season on TV. He looks a good player, and has attracted interest from some big English clubs. If he were to be sold by Forest, guaranteed it would be for a lot more than £1.5m.

Spot on. £2.5 million should be rough figure, IMHO. There is big money swirling around the English Championship and Forest would be getting a good young player.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Not a chance

Andy74
12-06-2017, 01:49 PM

I'd think so seeing as they paid over £5 million for him, he scores 1 in 2 roughly and signed a 5 year deal last year.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2017, 01:54 PM

He's been told, if he can find another club, Hibs will let him move on. One year left on his deal

Bostonhibby
12-06-2017, 01:56 PM

Sorry, not having that.

Always thought Jason would end up at his boyhood favourites Mottingwood Florists and the pull was so strong we'd be lucky to get a fee at all. And am sure I told a bloke in a pub once.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KWJ
12-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Comment based on his time at Hibs alone? Joe Harper would command a gigantic fee in this day and age.

Yes but not as an individual player as he was obviously pretty good but from what I hear (before my time!) the fans didn't take to him as he was a replacement for the popular Gordon (?) and he didn't endear himself to the players who thought they merited another season as they were to try and bring the league home.

Again that's me going by tales from my dad, on here and the old Turnbull's Tornadoes video. Was just looking for an example to say that Jase was a big and well liked character in what appears to be a very positive dressing room and that's not a dynamic that should be put in jeopardy. Gotta to get the right man to fit into the squad as well as the right player.

Smartie
12-06-2017, 02:09 PM
I don't think we should consider Shaw to be a shoo-in for Cummings, but he should get a chance at some point to stake a claim.

Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Jason Cummings - all young lads who got a bit of time off the bench, made an impact, forced their way into the team and scored goals.

I'm disappointed to see Jason go, but the honest truth is that as a team we've struggled to score enough goals for a decade. Jason himself has scored a lot but I've never been convinced by us going forward as a TEAM when he's been in it. I don't think he presents a big enough threat from crosses, making us blame the crosser of the ball. He's improved his all-round game massively but I'm not too unhappy that we're back to the drawing board.

Lennon did enough to scrape us over the line. He talked Jason into staying, he dropped him when he wasn't playing well, he used Boyle quite well, he made an effective signing in Holt and got enough wee extras from Keatings and Graham to get us over the line.

If we're serious about making an impact in the top league though, I'm really not that unhappy that the manager gets a decent budget and a clean slate to re-design the whole forward line without having to accommodate a maverick.

SanFranHibs
12-06-2017, 02:26 PM
What nonsense. Of course there is more the one way to find out. Give him opportunities off the bench and in cup games against weaker opposition. Throwing him in as our first choice striker as a replacement for Cummings would be way down my list of "ways to find out".

So your career progression for an up and coming prospect, who I understand was top scorer in the 2016/17 Development league, is a few appearances from the bench, maybe the last 10/20 minutes when the game is won or lost. Or a cup appearance if we draw weaker opposition. Yes, that will really show what he is capable of. Weaker opposition is what he has been playing against and scoring. We just spent 3 years in the Championship. Does not get much weaker than the lower Scottish divisions.

If a player is good enough to be given an opportunity, then get him in. If not, I don't even want that player in the team against anyone!!

And if you are going to quote peoples posts, show the whole quote....including the part where I said I do not want him seen as a replacement for JC. Indeed I said even with JC we need another striker and nowhere did I say Shaw should be first choice.

jeffers
12-06-2017, 02:28 PM
I don't think we should consider Shaw to be a shoo-in for Cummings, but he should get a chance at some point to stake a claim.

Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Jason Cummings - all young lads who got a bit of time off the bench, made an impact, forced their way into the team and scored goals.

I'm disappointed to see Jason go, but the honest truth is that as a team we've struggled to score enough goals for a decade. Jason himself has scored a lot but I've never been convinced by us going forward as a TEAM when he's been in it. I don't think he presents a big enough threat from crosses, making us blame the crosser of the ball. He's improved his all-round game massively but I'm not too unhappy that we're back to the drawing board.

Lennon did enough to scrape us over the line. He talked Jason into staying, he dropped him when he wasn't playing well, he used Boyle quite well, he made an effective signing in Holt and got enough wee extras from Keatings and Graham to get us over the line.

If we're serious about making an impact in the top league though, I'm really not that unhappy that the manager gets a decent budget and a clean slate to re-design the whole forward line without having to accommodate a maverick.

I think JC will be a big loss and hard to replace. Totally agree he's improved his all round game, but not sure what you mean by big enough threat from crosses ? I can think of quite a few where he has got on the end of a cross. If you mean in the air then yes, but that is unlikely to ever be his strength but, admittedly an exteme example, I can't think of Aguero heading in too many either. Both Graham and Holt were signed to get their head on crosses - neither were particularly successful.

You could argue how good Holt was, but I doubt many on here are that impressed by Graham. Replacing Jason Cummings will be the true test of NL's ability to sign a good striker, in fact strikers as we need two. Get it right and we can aim for the top four - get it wrong and it will be a long hard season.

Since90+2
12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Oli Shaw should be given a chance but it will be from the bench at times and against lower league oppostion.

Yes he has scored goals in the development league but that is a million miles from the Scottish Premiership. I think he has only scored 3 goals for Stenhousemuir in 20 odd games so currently it seems as though he is struggling somewhat with the step up from Development League to League One.

southsider
12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
We paid £120,000 for Joe in 1974. Worth around £1,000,000 now ?

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Be worth a lot more than that now IMO.

Smartie
12-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Oli Shaw should be given a chance but it will be from the bench at times and against lower league oppostion.

Yes he has scored goals in the development league but that is a million miles from the Scottish Premiership. I think he has only scored 3 goals for Stenhousemuir in 20 odd games so currently it seems as though he is struggling somewhat with the step up from Development League to League One.

I don't know if it is the step up that he's struggling with. Are Stenhousemuir not pretty guff? He may have been getting more chances created for him in our development side than he got at Stenny.

Smartie
12-06-2017, 02:43 PM
I think JC will be a big loss and hard to replace. Totally agree he's improved his all round game, but not sure what you mean by big enough threat from crosses ? I can think of quite a few where he has got on the end of a cross. If you mean in the air then yes, but that is unlikely to ever be his strength but, admittedly an exteme example, I can't think of Aguero heading in too many either. Both Graham and Holt were signed to get their head on crosses - neither were particularly successful.

You could argue how good Holt was, but I doubt many on here are that impressed by Graham. Replacing Jason Cummings will be the true test of NL's ability to sign a good striker, in fact strikers as we need two. Get it right and we can aim for the top four - get it wrong and it will be a long hard season.

The crosses comment is more about the fact that Boyle can beat his man multiple times out on the wing, I never think we look like we're going to score when he hits the bye-line/ beats his man. Cummings never seems to get across his man - the likes of Lineker and McCoist scored bucketloads with cleverly timed runs. Cummings looks a bit too easy to mark to me (at times).

My point with the forwards is that Lennon managed to get just about enough from each of them to get the job done in the Championship but I think we need so much more when we get promoted. I think we need more creativity in midfield, more out wide and probably 3 new strikers. It's probably easier for Lennon to do start from scratch with a decent budget than to accommodate a flawed but very talented player in there.

I think we'll miss Jason's attitude as much as anything. He'll be a massive loss in the dressing room and he had the best "bouncebackability" of any Hibs striker I've seen. he never once went into his shell or hid, whenever he missed a chance he just kept going, kept putting his neck on the block and it was inspirational.

RossScott1991
12-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Dont know why folk are arguing about Shaw. When Cummings leaves we should be signing another 2 quality strikers, and with also Simon Murray, then Shaw can be the 4th and in and around the squad this season. It's not about whether he is good enough, its about Hibs trying to sign quality to challenge and get into firstly top 6 then go higher.

Shaw will get his time if he is patient and continues to work hard. some fans need to ease off the lad, expecting him to be thrown in replacement for Cummings in the premier league is just bonkers. These would be the fans that will get on the lads back when he isnt scoring hattricks every week like he does in development team

Waxy
12-06-2017, 02:52 PM

We'd no get nothing for him now. He must be around 70 years old and probably doesnt even have a contract with us.

euro Hibby
12-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Most English third division trnasfers top end are £ 1 million so with Jason scoring mostly in the Scottish championship most we might get is £ 1,500,000 with a sell on % . It might even be less with a higher percentage.
Safe to say , the Hibs management team will know how to price him. They have been in the game long enough. As said, he might have done better to stay home for another year, score a few goals and exit to a top Championship team. George Steward who scored loads with Duneee did not get too many goals, in fact its a while since a Scottish talent did really well going to England. You could quote Snodgrass, naismith , Fletcher, Whittaker but none of them are Kenny Dalglish and all the guys in the 70 's early 80's who moved on and were really top players. Standard has either got higher elsewhere or we have got worse.

Indeed, Looking back to Saturday, i think only a few looked worth some cash and I mean on both sides ....

JimboHibs
12-06-2017, 03:15 PM
A wee bit disappointed not to get one full season out of Jason in the Premiership as I think he would have been a major asset to us.

A wee bit concerned also at Lennon's ability in the transfer market. The forward looking players he signed last year weren't exactly prolific.

Marciano,Ambrose ....we won promotion comfortably.

CapitalGreen
12-06-2017, 03:18 PM
So your career progression for an up and coming prospect, who I understand was top scorer in the 2016/17 Development league, is a few appearances from the bench, maybe the last 10/20 minutes when the game is won or lost. Or a cup appearance if we draw weaker opposition. Yes, that will really show what he is capable of. Weaker opposition is what he has been playing against and scoring. We just spent 3 years in the Championship. Does not get much weaker than the lower Scottish divisions.

If a player is good enough to be given an opportunity, then get him in. If not, I don't even want that player in the team against anyone!!

And if you are going to quote peoples posts, show the whole quote....including the part where I said I do not want him seen as a replacement for JC. Indeed I said even with JC we need another striker and nowhere did I say Shaw should be first choice.

It worked for Riordan. He was a bit part player for 18 months before becoming a regular in the team at 20.

HoboHarry
12-06-2017, 03:19 PM
We'd no get nothing for him now. He must be around 70 years old and probably doesnt even have a contract with us.
He'd fit right into the Sevco signing policy then and they would likely pay 1.5M for him - we can't compete with that........

jeffers
12-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Marciano,Ambrose ....we won promotion comfortably.

Both great signings, but the two forwards he signed I'm pretty sure didn't manage double figures between them. Without the goals Jason Cummings scored we wouldn't have been promoted comfortably.

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Dont know why folk are arguing about Shaw. When Cummings leaves we should be signing another 2 quality strikers, and with also Simon Murray, then Shaw can be the 4th and in and around the squad this season. It's not about whether he is good enough, its about Hibs trying to sign quality to challenge and get into firstly top 6 then go higher.

Shaw will get his time if he is patient and continues to work hard. some fans need to ease off the lad, expecting him to be thrown in replacement for Cummings in the premier league is just bonkers. These would be the fans that will get on the lads back when he isnt scoring hattricks every week like he does in development team
Absolutely spot on mate and the point I was trying to make earlier on in this thread. Jeez we have some quoting Lewis Allan as a replacement now too. I hope lennon and the board have higher ambitions than some on.net lol

HibbySpurs
12-06-2017, 04:04 PM
So, neither club have confirmed anything?

The price is anything from a paltry 500k to 2.5M?

All a bit messy at present then?

All I will say is that if LD has allowed a 500k clause into our star players contract and knocked back 1.7M from Tranmere then I'll be very disappointed

ekhibee
12-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Here's what the Forest fans seem to think:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45959

Jim44
12-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Seems we're a pub team ........ a bit rich coming from them.:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
12-06-2017, 04:34 PM

Watched a lot of Forest down the years, probably still my favourite English team but to be honest this lot are dining out on who they used to be.

They're lucky to still be in the Championship and they've got the warbler in charge next season and another new owner who may or may not deliver. Mid table at best next season unless he spends serious money.

CorrieHibs
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM
It amazes that everyone in England rates warbruton so highly.

What did he achieve down there?

If Forest's biggest problem is conceding goals then I'm afraid that will probably get worse under him.

MWHIBBIES
12-06-2017, 04:52 PM
It amazes that everyone in England rates warbruton so highly.

What did he achieve down there?

If Forest's biggest problem is conceding goals then I'm afraid that will probably get worse under him.Done a good job with Brentford, no doubt about that.

3pm
12-06-2017, 04:56 PM

The same Nottingham Forest who escaped relegation on goal difference, finished with less points than Burton Albion, Bristol City and Barnsley and were 30 points off a play off place?

Deluded judging by some of the comments.

Pete70
12-06-2017, 05:38 PM
I don't think Shaw is ready yet to be a starter in the first team. I'd rather we went for "tried & tested" forwards but would expect Shaw to be in & around the first team squad/subs bench.

Captain Trips
12-06-2017, 06:06 PM
The clause could be not a fee amount but giving JC a bit of a say if a club comes in rather than Hibs knocking it back allowing JC to hear what another club have to say to an extent.

Perhaps triggered on the clubs promotion.

H18 SFR
12-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Very interesting chat on Kenny Miller's twitter - suggesting that there is no release clause.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Very interesting chat on Kenny Miller's twitter - suggesting that there is no release clause.

:greengrin

shetlandhibee
12-06-2017, 06:37 PM
The clause could be not a fee amount but giving JC a bit of a say if a club comes in rather than Hibs knocking it back allowing JC to hear what another club have to say to an extent.

Perhaps triggered on the clubs promotion.
i think you could be close on what your saying:agree:

Billy Whizz
12-06-2017, 06:41 PM

If that's the case, maybe Jason is keen to go to Forest, due to the package on offer, where as Hibs will want to sell to the highest bidder

Brooster
12-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Regardless of what strikers we sign I think we should be seeing a lot more of Oli Shaw. Its the only way we will find out if he is good enough. He has proved himself at 20s level so we should allow him to take the next step......like we did with Jason.

Captain Trips
12-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Regardless of what strikers we sign I think we should be seeing a lot more of Oli Shaw. Its the only way we will find out if he is good enough. He has proved himself at 20s level so we should allow him to take the next step......like we did with Jason.

Indeed he should be starting on bench then getting the last 10 - 15 when we are 4-0 up v Hearts.

MyJo
12-06-2017, 06:53 PM

More likely to be a gentleman's agreement between JC and the club that we wouldn't play hardball or stop him from moving on if an acceptable bid is made.

MyJo
12-06-2017, 06:56 PM

:agree: pre-season and the league cup group stages is the perfect time to see if the lad can step up to the first team. I think he is also young enough to play for our colts team in the Irn Bru Cup but not sure on the rules on that.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2017, 07:00 PM
:agree: pre-season and the league cup group stages is the perfect time to see if the lad can step up to the first team. I think he is also young enough to play for our colts team in the Irn Bru Cup but not sure on the rules on that.

Forgot that we'll put a colts team into this
Draw is on 27th June

emerald green
12-06-2017, 07:07 PM
I'd think so seeing as they paid over £5 million for him, he scores 1 in 2 roughly and signed a 5 year deal last year.

Quite so. If they paid over £5m for a player from League 1 (I think?) then why should Hibs sell Cummings for as little as £1.4m, or any of the other figures getting bandied about?

If they want him, make them dig very deep.

Hibbyradge
12-06-2017, 07:12 PM

If the yams hear we're discussing a contract with Joe Harper, they'll try to sign him.

J-C
12-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Quite so. If they paid over £5m for a player from League 1 (I think?) then why should Hibs sell Cummings for as little as £1.4m, or any of the other figures getting bandied about?

If they want him, make them dig very deep.

They'll sell because of a clause in the contract and why should they dig deep when they match that clause figure. :confused:

SRHibs
12-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Us not liking Warburton is 'sectarian' apparently. What a bunch of ignoramuses.

emerald green
12-06-2017, 07:31 PM
They'll sell because of a clause in the contract and why should they dig deep when they match that clause figure. :confused:

I don't know what's in "the contract". Do you? What is "that clause figure" you mention?

Are you saying that because there may be a specific figure in "the contract" Hibs would then be unable to ask NF for a higher amount? I genuinely don't know. Do you?

weecounty hibby
12-06-2017, 07:44 PM
This is ****. I'm sitting here really pissed off that I am the only Hibs fan who doesn't know what is in Jason's contract or knows someone in his family who has told them or works beside one of his mates who is so pally with Jason that he is happy to email folk to tell them details of his contract. What have I done to be ostracised like this?

Since90+2
12-06-2017, 07:46 PM

A club living off past glories if there ever was one.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2017, 07:47 PM
This is ****. I'm sitting here really pissed off that I am the only Hibs fan who doesn't know what is in Jason's contract or knows someone in his family who has told them or works beside one of his mates who is so pally with Jason that he is happy to email folk to tell them details of his contract. What have I done to be ostracised like this?

Me too. Would have thought someone high up at Hibs would have at least phoned me or dropped an email in my box.

Petrie or whoever. :fuming:

kaimendhibs
😂😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

J-C
I don't know what's in "the contract". Do you? What is "that clause figure" you mention?

Are you saying that because there may be a specific figure in "the contract" Hibs would then be unable to ask NF for a higher amount? I genuinely don't know. Do you?

I've already posted this but Jason's dad is a good mate and I spoke to him a couple of weeks back. I asked about Jason and he said he'll probably be away down south, I asked about the figure and if it would be £2m+ as we had all been speculating on here how much we'd get for him. He said nowhere near that a lot less and said he had a clause in his contract but didn't mention any numbers.

Jason was ready to leave last year when that other offer came in but he also felt he owed Hibs and the fans another year to get us up, Lennon and LD got him to sign another deal and more than likely agreed to a buy out clause as part of it, his goals they knew were vital.

I'd assume it'll be around £1-1.4m with a percentage of any sell on added, Jason did his bit and fulfilled his promise, he gets his move and we get some good cash for him.

Brightside
12-06-2017, 07:48 PM

IF there is a release clause...then yes Hibs are unable to ask for more. But no-one outside of Hibs knows if there is a release clause.

Gmack7
12-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Hopefully Kenny millars right and there's no clause,roll up roll up let the bidding war begin

CockneyRebel
12-06-2017, 07:50 PM

What's their beef with Lennon?

Since90+2
12-06-2017, 07:51 PM

Probably due to his spell with Leicester?

Bay Area Hibees
12-06-2017, 07:53 PM
I've already posted this but Jason's dad is a good mate and I spoke to him a couple of weeks back. I asked about Jason and he said he'll probably be away down south, I asked about the figure and if it would be £2m+ as we had all been speculating on here how much we'd get for him. He said nowhere near that a lot less and said he had a clause in his contract but didn't mention any numbers.

Jason was ready to leave last year when that other offer came in but he

also felt he owed Hibs and the fans another year to get us up, Lennon and LD got him to sign another deal and more than likely agreed to a buy out clause as part of it, his goals they knew were vital.

I'd assume it'll be around £1-1.4m with a percentage of any sell on added, Jason did his bit and fulfilled his promise, he gets his move and we get some good cash for him.

Agree. He did what he said he'd do. Get us back to top flight. Good luck to him. Legend and hammer of the hearts

iwasthere1972
12-06-2017, 07:53 PM

Seems like a lot of them have already written Jason off. Aye pub team indeed. Cheeky bassas. Really hope that Jason doesn't go there but to another Championship club and scores a hat trick in his first game against them. If he does end up there then it's going to be a strange one with Warburton in charge. Want Jason to do well but not them.

Jones28
12-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Does anyone else think that even if it is 1.4 million or thereabouts it is still a fairly significant amount of money for a club in Scotland? Especially considering we have all our own facilities, are paying no rent to anyone and only in debt to pay off mortgages on our stadium?

Yes more would be great and all but if the full amount or 2/3rds is to go on the team that still seems like a great return to me.

Add on the 11400 odd STs sold so far and it makes for a healthy transfer budget!

emerald green
12-06-2017, 07:57 PM

Jason was ready to leave last year when that other offer came in but he also felt he owed Hibs and the fans another year to get us up, Lennon and LD got him to sign another deal and more than likely agreed to a buy out clause as part of it, his goals they knew were vital.

The bit in bold - I hadn't read the whole thread.

If the figure is what you're assuming, that's far too low IMHO.

bingo70
12-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else think that even if it is 1.4 million or thereabouts it is still a fairly significant amount of money for a club in Scotland? Especially considering we have all our own facilities, are paying no rent to anyone and only in debt to pay off mortgages on our stadium?

Yes more would be great and all but if the full amount or 2/3rds is to go on the team that still seems like a great return to me.

Add on the 11400 odd STs sold so far and it makes for a healthy transfer budget!

Absolutely, there's still the possibility of McGinn being sold as well.

Outside of the old firm we should have by far and away the biggest budget, Aberdeen losing the core of their side for free as well this season so I think there could be some exciting times ahead, especially if we recruit well.

J-C
12-06-2017, 08:00 PM
The bit in bold - I hadn't read the whole thread.

If the figure is what you're assuming, that's far too low IMHO.

If that is the figure I too think it's not enough but when I mentioned £2m+ to his dad he laughed and said nowhere near that, so I can assume it's around the figures mentioned, remember Jason has only really played in the Championship, he's not proved anything yet.

Deansy
12-06-2017, 08:03 PM
I haven't a clue what's in JC's contract but I do know that RP will be happy with it or it wouldn't have been offered to him in the first place - and if RP is happy then Hibs will be too !

Heisenberg
12-06-2017, 08:04 PM
1.4 million is more than the likes of Stevie May, Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings went for and they were all good goalscorers in the top division.

ancient hibee
12-06-2017, 08:05 PM
If that is the figure I too think it's not enough but when I mentioned £2m+ to his dad he laughed and said nowhere near that, so I can assume it's around the figures mentioned, remember Jason has only really played in the Championship, he's not proved anything yet.
Perhaps his dad thought £2million was far too low:greengrin

stantonhibby
12-06-2017, 08:09 PM

Who knows.....he did play for them briefly

emerald green
12-06-2017, 08:10 PM

Jason has proved that he's a natural goalscorer J-C, albeit at Scottish Championship level. I believe he has the potential to do so at a higher level if he calms down, cuts out the nonsense, and works hard at his game. Goalscorers are worth their weight in gold to use that old football cliche.

NF paid £5m for a striker signed from League 1 I believe. If Hibs have agreed a figure of £1-£1.4m in Cummings' contract that's a mistake, and is selling ourselves short. Again just my opinion mate. :aok:

Zazu62
12-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Do Forest have to wait till the 1st of July to sign him? If he's defo going of course.

Andy74
12-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Jason has proved that he's a natural goalscorer J-C, albeit at Scottish Championship level. I believe he has the potential to do so at a higher level if he calms down, cuts out the nonsense, and works hard at his game. Goalscorers are worth their weight in gold to use that old football cliche.

NF paid £5m for a striker signed from League 1 I believe. If Hibs have agreed a figure of £1-£1.4m in Cummings' contract that's a mistake, and is selling ourselves short. Again just my opinion mate. :aok:

The guy they paid that for now has a record with them better than 1 in 2 and attracting interest of bigger clubs so his fee appears to be justified.

CockneyRebel
12-06-2017, 08:15 PM
IF there is a release clause...then yes Hibs are unable to ask for more. But no-one outside of Hibs knows if there is a release clause.

If more than one club came in for him can they then not bid against each other with the release clause as the starting point?

Real Emerald
12-06-2017, 08:22 PM
If more than one club came in for him can they then not bid against each other with the release clause as the starting point?

I think Hibs accept both bids at the clause amount (no more than) and the bidding clubs would then try to persuade the player with wages etc. Hibs would have to let him go at the agreed amount and Jason would benefit from the bun fight IMO.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Absolute pearler of a comment on here.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/196536/2781937/

Kato
12-06-2017, 08:39 PM
The word "if" appears on this thread 313 times. Couldn't be bothered counting the "IMHO"s or the "I assume"s.

J-C
12-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Scottish football doesn't rate highly down there, if you look at the Forest fans forum you'll get an idea of their opinions, calling us a pub team in a sunday league. We don't sell players for multimillions, between 1-2 seems about the norm for a good player. Stevie May joined Sheffield W for an undisclosed fee, I think 1-1.5m was being quoted.

Sioux
12-06-2017, 08:40 PM

The fact that Jason signed the contract, he'll know. He'd have read it! His agent will know - that's how NF will know.

J-C
12-06-2017, 08:42 PM
1.4 million is more than the likes of Stevie May, Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings went for and they were all good goalscorers in the top division.

:agree:

tamig
12-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Absolute pearler of a comment on here.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/196536/2781937/

The Pistorius one? 😀

Fuzzywuzzy
12-06-2017, 08:54 PM
The Pistorius one? 😀

Thought Cummings lived on his own but took advantage of maternal catering and ironing services😂

Keeping it real though.

Arch Stanton
12-06-2017, 09:26 PM
The fact that Jason signed the contract, he'll know. He'd have read it! His agent will know - that's how NF will know.

Excuse me, but are you really saying the agent will pass on information that will reduce the signing-on fee and therefore his commision?

Don't think so.:bitchy::bitchy:

Heedersnvolleys
12-06-2017, 09:28 PM

I think it is more about timing, if the 1.4 million is the figure I think they are more happy to take that now than hold out for say 1.8 on the 31st Aug.