PDA

View Full Version : Celtic away strip

macca70
11-06-2017, 04:42 AM
So I thought the point of an 'away strip' was to be different colour from the home strip and to give an alternative in event of colour clash.

Celtics away strip is green!!

Absolutely mental, how are they allowed this?! When they come to Easter Rd, we must insist on wearing our home strip, they can work out what they are going to do.

Just total arrogance to think we'll be expected to wear our away kit at home to them.

bingo70
11-06-2017, 06:11 AM
I say it every time we are discussing our away strip and I say my preference is white with green sleeves, people always say it'll clash with Celtic so we can't. They don't give us a second thought when designing their strips, they design what'll sell well and that's it and we should do the same.

wpj
11-06-2017, 06:28 AM
Been said here many times there used to be no problems with both Hibs and celtc wearing their own home strips (although they are both Hibs strips historically)

Pretty Boy
11-06-2017, 06:32 AM
Celtic will have a 3rd strip as they are in Europe and the rules state you need 3 strips to play in Europe. The will wear that at ER.

I can think of at least 3 Celtic away tops that have had green as the main colour in recent times and I can only remember Hibs wearing an away top once at ER, that was our choice to promote a purple away strip we had just released in about 2001. We were 4-0 down at HT and I think the game finished the same way. Celtic wore yellow iirc.

brianmc
11-06-2017, 06:56 AM
So I thought the point of an 'away strip' was to be different colour from the home strip and to give an alternative in event of colour clash.

Absolutely mental, how are they allowed this?! When they come to Easter Rd, we must insist on wearing our home strip, they can work out what they are going to do.

Just total arrogance to think we'll be expected to wear our away kit at home to them.

The main point of Celtc's "away" strip (and 3rd kit) is to increase the clubs income through sales.

sambajustice
11-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Celtic home kit is predominantly white anyway, green shirt with green shorts and green socks wouldn't cause any clash I don't think.

nonshinyfinish
11-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Celtic will have a 3rd strip as they are in Europe and the rules state you need 3 strips to play in Europe. The will wear that at ER.

I can think of at least 3 Celtic away tops that have had green as the main colour in recent times and I can only remember Hibs wearing an away top once at ER, that was our choice to promote a purple away strip we had just released in about 2001. We were 4-0 down at HT and I think the game finished the same way. Celtic wore yellow iirc.

Correct, although I think we scored a consolation in second half. De La Cruz came off the bench and played really well – might have been his debut?

green&left
11-06-2017, 08:39 AM

We've had away strips that clashed with Celtics home top and just wore a 3rs strip. The heather one and a yellow one iirc. No biggy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2017, 08:57 AM
When Celtc come to ER we will play in the home strip and Celtc can play in their vest and pants. That was always the rules for PE if you didn't bring your kit with you.

superfurryhibby
11-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Been said here many times there used to be no problems with both Hibs and celtc wearing their own home strips (although they are both Hibs strips historically)

Agreed. It has been a long time since both sides wore their traditional colours playing each other. Funny how we managed to play each other for a century or more before a clash of colour became an issue.

hibbysam
11-06-2017, 09:00 AM

There third kit is green as well going by pictures.

Tamhere1875
11-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Looks more like a polo shirt than a football top

SChibs
11-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Our mint kit was green giving us a green home top and away top that year.

tamig
11-06-2017, 10:34 AM

Maybe before your time but I remember us wearing a white with green sleeves away kit in a new year derby at ER. I'm surethe game was originally postponed due to torrential rain and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

Pretty Boy
11-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Maybe before your time but I remember us wearing a white with green sleeves away kit in a new year derby at ER. I'm surethe game was originally postponed due to torrential rain and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.
I was meaning against Celtic.

I think we wore the 'millenium' kit at ER as well and we wore the purple and green stripes in a pre season friendly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tamig
11-06-2017, 10:40 AM
I was meaning against Celtic.

I think we wore the 'millenium' kit at ER as well and we wore the purple and green stripes in a pre season friendly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Ah sorry. Thought you meant an away kit we wore in any home game. The game I mentioned was in the mid 80s.

RIP Bestie
11-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Nowt to do with colour clashes anymore.
More to do with kit sponsors insisting that change strips are worn a set amount of times per season.
Even more relevant now we are back in the top league where every game is televised to some extent.

Keith_M
11-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Don't worry, our new change strip is Dark Blue, so there's no colour clash.

sambajustice
11-06-2017, 11:50 AM

I'd quite like that, or red perhaps!

macca70
11-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Not that it's a big deal but why should we be made to wear our change kit at home, just because of their arrogance in having there change kit the same colour as their home kit.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Thought it was black

CL0762
11-06-2017, 03:04 PM

No idea why but I'm sure that was the game where Stubbs made his comeback after his recovery from cancer. 5-2 was the score I think.

My_Wife_Camille
11-06-2017, 03:40 PM
No idea why but I'm sure that was the game where Stubbs made his comeback after his recovery from cancer. 5-2 was the score I think.
Different game, the one he is talking about finished 4-1 and Fenwick scored late on for us. We also wore green at Parkhead while they wore their away kit round about the same time. Marc Libbra scored in a 1-1 draw

J-C
11-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Not that it's a big deal but why should we be made to wear our change kit at home, just because of their arrogance in having there change kit the same colour as their home kit.

Don't worry, we won't need to change, they'll get told to do one and will wear their 3rd strip.

ancient hibee
11-06-2017, 08:14 PM
We aren't made to wear a change strip anywhere.There's no clash,it's all money making.

Pete70
11-06-2017, 10:07 PM
I care not a jot what colour their 2nd or 3rd kit is.

When we're at home against them, we'll be wearing our home kit. They can wear whatever they want

ian cruise
11-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Don't worry, we won't need to change, they'll get told to do one and will wear their 3rd strip.

Been told by a Celtic supporting friend that the 3rd kit is black. They do love to copy us.

Nutmegged
11-06-2017, 10:35 PM

meh, they'll just use their 3rd kit against us, no biggie

KWJ
11-06-2017, 11:05 PM
And we've never had green away kits like?

BH Hibs
12-06-2017, 10:53 AM
When we had the white with green sleeves away kits in the early nineties did we just wear our home kits with green shorts at Parkhead. Think I remember Collins scoring in one game just before he signed for them in the Frank Graham kit.

ShinyFantastic
12-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Big news this. Team that always has 3 kits designs 2 that are green. How dare they.

famousfife
12-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Think Celtic will be wearing skins when they play at ER by the looks of things.

:flag:

weecounty hibby
12-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Green and white hoops = Hibs strip
All green top = Hibs strip
Remember a couple of seasons ago they had a white top with green sleeves = Hibs strip
I am sure that at some point they will come out with a green top with white sleeves

MichaelTheCelt
12-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Remember a couple of seasons ago they had a white top with green sleeves = Hibs strip
I am sure that at some point they will come out with a green top with white sleeves

Always wanted this to make a comeback

HFCdeb
12-06-2017, 09:32 PM

They really are embarrassingly unoriginal.

guidref
13-06-2017, 06:51 AM
The Laws of the Game state that if there is a clash of strips the home team has to change.

Clubs normally get together abd agree on the strips before hand and there is an unwritten agreement for the away toeam to change but if an away team decided they didn't want to change the home team would have to

BlackSheep
13-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Been told by a Celtic supporting friend that the 3rd kit is black. They do love to copy us.

Their third kit is luminous green....!

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/03/new-balance-celtic-17-18-third-kit.html?m=1

Albanian Hibs
13-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Their third kit is luminous green....!

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/03/new-balance-celtic-17-18-third-kit.html?m=1

I actually like that...🙄

lord bunberry
13-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Always wanted this to make a comeback

A black and white strip would be a break from the norm.

Bristolhibby
13-06-2017, 11:12 AM
So Celtic have a Green and white home kit.
A white with green sleeves away kit
And a Green 3rd kit

I say bring out a White with green sleeves away shirt just to put this issue to bed.

Football will realise that both us and Celtic can wear their home kits and there will never be an issue.

Plus we can get an absolute beaut like that as an away shirt

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/168/hibernian-away-football-shirt-1991-1992-s_21455_1.jpg

J

BlackSheep
13-06-2017, 11:27 AM
So Celtic have a Green and white home kit.
A white with green sleeves away kit
And a Green 3rd kit

I say bring out a White with green sleeves away shirt just to put this issue to bed.

Football will realise that both us and Celtic can wear their home kits and there will never be an issue.

Plus we can get an absolute beaut like that as an away shirt

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/168/hibernian-away-football-shirt-1991-1992-s_21455_1.jpg

J

Their away kit is actually green with green hoops.... yes green all over!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1136445/celtic-new-dark-green-hooped-away-kit-201718-season-live-the-legend/amp/

lenny leith
13-06-2017, 06:02 PM
When Celtc come to ER we will play in the home strip and Celtc can play in their vest and pants. That was always the rules for PE if you didn't bring your kit with you.

:na na: haha brilliant. They can also wear their jeans with a buck fast bottle in their shorts pockets. :na na::na na: