PDA

View Full Version : Rob Jones

Navids Numpties
09-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Anyone know how much his transfer fee was? Can't find it anywhere, only says undisclosed but these things normally come out.

Winston Ingram
09-06-2017, 10:51 AM
I think it was about £100k on the was in £400k out

Jim44
09-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Anyone know how much his transfer fee was? Can't find it anywhere, only says undisclosed but these things normally come out.

But do they really come out or does some wannabe ITKer pluck a figure out of the air and it becomes miraculously set in stone.

calumhibee1
09-06-2017, 11:33 AM
But do they really come out or does some wannabe ITKer pluck a figure out of the air and it becomes miraculously set in stone.

This. Nearly nobody knows any financial details whether it's undisclosed fees or players wages. People that claim they do are just trying to make it look like they know.

Big_Franck
09-06-2017, 01:37 PM
This. Nearly nobody knows any financial details whether it's undisclosed fees or players wages. People that claim they do are just trying to make it look like they know.

You can get an idea of transfer fees later down the line in the annual accounts. If we only 'sell' one player a year you'll see the figure in the annual accounts under transfer income, or whatever they call it. The wages of players is nearly always just speculation though.

FWIW from memory I think it was suggested we paid about 150k for him. It was a while ago though so I could be talking pish. Whatever it was, it was cheap.

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2017, 01:44 PM
You can get an idea of transfer fees later down the line in the annual accounts. If we only 'sell' one player a year you'll see the figure in the annual accounts under transfer income, or whatever they call it. The wages of players is nearly always just speculation though.

FWIW from memory I think it was suggested we paid about 150k for him. It was a while ago though so I could be talking pish. Whatever it was, it was cheap.

Hibs don't show transfer income separately.

We show the "gain" on player sales. That's calculated by comparing the selling price with their book value. That value is calculated based on the initial cost, written off over the term of the contract.

I'm not sure what others do.

JDHibs
09-06-2017, 02:44 PM

Mind when Petrie could have signed Griffiths for £150k....

Eaststand
09-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Mind when Petrie could have signed Griffiths for £150k....

I heard it was actually 150k, plus 4 random large Capital chocolate letters - FACT

GGTTH

Big_Franck
09-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Hibs don't show transfer income separately.

We show the "gain" on player sales. That's calculated by comparing the selling price with their book value. That value is calculated based on the initial cost, written off over the term of the contract.

I'm not sure what others do.

I didn't know that's how we calculate and show income from transfers.

Transfer income/player sales in our situation is surely the same thing is it not? We very rarely sign players for fees so their 'book value' will nearly always be zero, meaning player sale amount is the same as transfer income, no?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2017, 01:04 PM
I didn't know that's how we calculate and show income from transfers.

Transfer income/player sales in our situation is surely the same thing is it not? We very rarely sign players for fees so their 'book value' will nearly always be zero, meaning player sale amount is the same as transfer income, no?
I'm not so sure about that.

In the 2016 accounts we showed "additions" costing £169,584. It's obviously difficult knowing what that's made up of. Probably the value of Dylan in the Scott Allan deal....plus any others?

FTR, signing-on fees aren't included in that. They're written off in the year they're incurred.

Also, in the 2016 accounts, we showed a "gain" on player sales of £332,407. The "value" of those players was £8,445, therefore we must have received £340,852. That would have been the selling-price of Scott Allan, plus any others we got money for in that season.