PDA

View Full Version : Scots chances versus England.....

Hibby soldier
07-06-2017, 02:52 PM
personally don't think we have a chance in hell......

hope im wrong...:cb

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-06-2017, 02:57 PM
We're at home so we have a chance against anybody on our day. The home crowd will hopefully play its part.

I'm excited and nervous about the game now. Every time i think of our chances I think of Kane/Alli/Rashford/Lallana tearing us a new one. Or Cahill coming up for a corner.

We need to take our chances, as obvious as that it is it was our downfall at Wembley and tighten up at the back. We cant miss the chances we did in that game, then at home to Slovenia last time out and expect to get a result.

They're beatable but a good side. As long as we don't beat ourselves

DarlingtonHibee
07-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Already a 109 post on this.

JDHibs
07-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Kane, Rashford, Lallana, Sterling, Vardy, Defoe & Alli (Not all at the same time)

Vs

Mulgrew & Martin

England will be too strong for us, hopefully we put on a good show and are competitive with the home crowd etc, but cant see past an England win by 2-0 or 3-0. Dont think we have enough proven players at a high level such as the Premiership. That being said, having 5 or 6 Celtic players will help but our defence will always be weak point until we find 2 really solid centre halves.

jdships
07-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Less than " Nil":greengrin

Waxy
07-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Scotland to win.

Sir David Gray
07-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Zero chance but we live in hope for a miracle!

I expect England to win by at least two goals.

Nameless
07-06-2017, 04:56 PM
England should win, as they have a vastly superior squad, but I just can't bet against Scotland at hampden. I fancy us for a score draw.

Pete70
07-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Scotland have 2 chances. Slim and none.

WeeRussell
07-06-2017, 05:12 PM
I won't be putting any money on Scotland, and I'm far from confident of a result.

But "no chance" at hampden against a team who has struggled to put away teams at a similar level to us over the past couple of campaigns, is stretching it.

Like I say, far from confident of a result.. but it's become more fashionable just to single out our players as being ***** and act like it's world beaters coming to give us a spanking. We've beat far better teams than this in the past, with our team in a worse state than it is now.

stantonhibby
07-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Kane, Rashford, Lallana, Sterling, Vardy, Defoe & Alli (Not all at the same time)

Vs

Mulgrew & Martin

England will be too strong for us, hopefully we put on a good show and are competitive with the home crowd etc, but cant see past an England win by 2-0 or 3-0. Dont think we have enough proven players at a high level such as the Premiership. That being said, having 5 or 6 Celtic players will help but our defence will always be weak point until we find 2 really solid centre halves.

Vardy is injured so just leaves us the rest to deal with.

Spike Mandela
07-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Defeatist crap on here.

We always have a chance against those overrated, overpaid puffed up egos.

Scotland need to roll their sleeves up and get right ****ing intae them, the crowd need to get right on their back as well.

Frazerbob
07-06-2017, 06:19 PM
I recon we have more chance than I gave Aberdeen in the cup final and they came pretty close.

ancient hibee
07-06-2017, 06:30 PM
No chance.Scotland has one of the world's worst football teams.

Colr
07-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Defeatist crap on here.

We always have a chance against those overrated, overpaid puffed up egos.

Scotland need to roll their sleeves up and get right ****ing intae them, the crowd need to get right on their back as well.

Inagree. Full on, violent assualt is called for. These overpaid nancy boys will not want to get injured so will roll over to us. We can get the experts from the Old Firm to join forces and bribe the referee not to send our lads off when they cripple the English playmakers.

Smartie
07-06-2017, 07:43 PM
We could do it, but with our defence we'll probably need to score 8 or 9 to do so.

jacomo
07-06-2017, 07:47 PM
I won't be putting any money on Scotland, and I'm far from confident of a result.

But "no chance" at hampden against a team who has struggled to put away teams at a similar level to us over the past couple of campaigns, is stretching it.

Like I say, far from confident of a result.. but it's become more fashionable just to single out our players as being ***** and act like it's world beaters coming to give us a spanking. We've beat far better teams than this in the past, with our team in a worse state than it is now.

Sad to say but I think Southgate is doing more right than wrong. Their past struggles don't count for much.

He's been lucky that the big egos are pretty much gone, and the players who've come in are committed and fighting for their place.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-06-2017, 07:51 PM
None I'm afraid sorry to say, I can't stand England at any sport and will be surprised if we take anything from this game.

Lancs Harp
07-06-2017, 08:20 PM
What day will it be safe for me to resume posting after the game?

essexhibee
07-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Absolute zero chance.

No one down here bothered a jot about the game. Few guys in work today even asking who were they playing Saturday!

Bishop Hibee
07-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I gave Iceland no chance against England. Get in their faces and convert the few chances we'll get and we'll win. More likely a comfortable 0-2 to Ingurlund though.

California-Hibs
08-06-2017, 03:51 AM
People saying zero chance are speaking out their arse! It's like people like to forget that we've beat/drawn against far better teams and England have lost/drawn against similar teams to ours.

Underdogs - of course. 'Zero chance' - defeatist nonsense stemming from a Scottish society mindset that is very prominent. It's pathetic and a big part of the problem why we never excel.

Baader
08-06-2017, 03:59 AM
Despite the lack of real quality in the side, Hampden is never an easy place to face Scotland. And England have not beaten us much more than we have them. Very difficult but we can do it!

I'm_cabbaged
08-06-2017, 04:46 AM
What day will it be safe for me to resume posting after the game?

Good question that 😂

Haymaker
08-06-2017, 05:20 AM
We'll get done 2-0. IF we play like we did when we played them at Wembley first time since 1999 then maybe we have a chance.

ancient hibee
08-06-2017, 08:27 AM
People saying zero chance are speaking out their arse! It's like people like to forget that we've beat/drawn against far better teams and England have lost/drawn against similar teams to ours.

Underdogs - of course. 'Zero chance' - defeatist nonsense stemming from a Scottish society mindset that is very prominent. It's pathetic and a big part of the problem why we never excel.
Absolute tosh.Nothing to do with a Scottish mindset.We have world and Olympic champions in a host of sports.The reason is that the development of Scottish international football has been abysmal for two decades.England with the prominence of foreign players in their top league have not yet fallen as far as we have.They will win.

Smartie
08-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Absolute tosh.Nothing to do with a Scottish mindset.We have world and Olympic champions in a host of sports.The reason is that the development of Scottish international football has been abysmal for two decades.England with the prominence of foreign players in their top league have not yet fallen as far as we have.They will win.

And in truth England aren't even the yardstick any more. We should be trying to punch above our weight, but it will always be challenging to take on a country 10x our size, especially when it is a country that is football daft and puts a lot of money into the game.

I'll settle for starting to put up a better fight against Rep of Ireland, Croatia, Iceland, Georgia............

I actually don't think we're as bad as many people make out, we have some talented players and some very good prospects.

Unfortunately we also have some fatal flaws.

If a couple of centre-halves were to emerge from somewhere, I think we'd be on the right track again.

Lancs Harp
08-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Despite the lack of real quality in the side, Hampden is never an easy place to face Scotland. And England have not beaten us much more than we have them. Very difficult but we can do it!

Over the course of all time yes thats true. But Im 53 years old and Scotland have won only 8 auld enemy games in my lifetime and only won 12 matches since the end of WW2, thats 12 games in 70 years.

Having said that previous results will not mean very much on saturday, its all about the day, its a game between two teams and anything can happen in a one off match. My brother is having his 50th birthday do so I doubt I'll get to see it.

I'll go 8-0 England :wink:

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Whilst i'd disagree with the point about the defeatist attitude in society the overall point the poster makes isn't "Absolute tosh"

The lack of connection between fans and team is one of the biggest factors in a lack of belief. For example, Celtic have a far superior team to us but if they were to visit ER tomorrow - would we stand "no chance"?

Individually, this team is no worse than the teams that beat Ukraine, beat France, beat Croatia ran Italy and Spain close. and the England team is no better than the Spain/Italy/France/Poland/Germany teams that we've ran close over the years.

To suggest we have "no chance" is a crock of ****
If our defenders can somehow have the game of their lifes, we actually take our chances. Then the passion/intensity i expect Strachan to instil pre match could spur us on. The crowd back the players/staff from the first minute on then we have a great chance.

portyhibernian
08-06-2017, 09:49 AM
It's the defence that worries me, think we'll give them a game but ultimately lose 2-0.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Ill go for 1-0 scotland

PeeJay
08-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Seems to me that the best Scotland can hope for is a draw, but you never know in football - we might get a lucky break, they might not turn up - seems we haven't beaten the Auld Enemy at home since 1985 and the last six meetings we have only won 1 game - so, I expect England to win, they re the far better team anway, yet on the day that may not mean much ...

Bad Martini
08-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Same chance we had against France...twice :greengrin

Just ask a Frenchman about McFadden and you'll get garbled semi-French insults that end in Mc******* etc :thumbsup:

In reality, the big teams tend to pose us less problems than the ****ty wee teams. Its like Hibs of old at times. That said, where do we classify Engerlund as that'll dictate our hopes :greengrin

...whatever happens, you can bet they'll lose at some point in the competition, on penalites, ideally to Germany :greengrin

Lancs Harp
08-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Same chance we had against France...twice :greengrin

Just ask a Frenchman about McFadden and you'll get garbled semi-French insults that end in Mc******* etc :thumbsup:

In reality, the big teams tend to pose us less problems than the ****ty wee teams. Its like Hibs of old at times. That said, where do we classify Engerlund as that'll dictate our hopes :greengrin

...whatever happens, you can bet they'll lose at some point in the competition, on penalites, ideally to Germany :greengrin

At least we'll be in the competition :greengrin

Hiber-nation
08-06-2017, 08:26 PM
8/11 Engerland seems very generous considering Scotland have a dreadful central defence and no strike force to speak of.

Lancs Harp
08-06-2017, 08:33 PM
8/11 Engerland seems very generous considering Scotland have a dreadful central defence and no strike force to speak of.

Leigh Griffiths plays he scores, mark my words.*

* more than coming on as a sub for a few minutes that is.

Hiber-nation
08-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Leigh Griffiths plays he scores, mark my words.*

* more than coming on as a sub for a few minutes that is.

I'd love to see him break his duck on Saturday but he struggles at international level.

Glory Lurker
08-06-2017, 08:38 PM
13/14 nil to Scotland, obviously.

Lancs Harp
08-06-2017, 08:41 PM
I'd love to see him break his duck on Saturday but he struggles at international level.

I think he's been pretty unlucky myself and if anything he is guilty now of trying too hard which affects his decison making. I still think he's Scotlands best upfront option and thats coming from Hibs English Supporters club :wink:

lord bunberry
08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Of course we've got a chance. In Southgate they have a manager that's failed miserably in every proper job he's had. As long as we don't concede early we have every chance of getting a result.

JimBHibees
08-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Definitely have a chance the EPL primadonnas will think they should be on the beach so get in their face and every chance.

Lancs Harp
08-06-2017, 08:44 PM
and Scotland are world beaters. :wink:

One Day
09-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Live in hope

WeeRussell
09-06-2017, 11:19 AM
and Scotland are world beaters. :wink:

Let's be honest, neither team will be competing in terms of the latter stages of the World Cup when it comes. But for both teams.. it would be nice to be there.

Only difference is other nations will think it's nice that Scotland are there too :greengrin

SteveHFC
09-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Griffiths anytime and Scotland to win 3-2 is 71/1 http://i.imgur.com/TMTPH7r.gif

The_Exile
09-06-2017, 01:33 PM
0-5, Kane (3) Alli (2). We don't have a single match winner in our squad, no guile, no flair, no real drive. A team of strangers. England team are well settled and have a real club atmosphere about them.

Big_Franck
09-06-2017, 01:47 PM
0-5, Kane (3) Alli (2). We don't have a single match winner in our squad, no guile, no flair, no real drive. A team of strangers. England team are well settled and have a real club atmosphere about them.

I disagree with pretty much all of that. The english national side are about as far away from a club side spirit as there is in international football. We on the other hand, have a core of 5/6 Celtc players that are likely to form the backbone of our side. I think Armstrong or Griffiths will be our match winner.

The_Exile
09-06-2017, 03:37 PM
I disagree with pretty much all of that. The english national side are about as far away from a club side spirit as there is in international football. We on the other hand, have a core of 5/6 Celtc players that are likely to form the backbone of our side. I think Armstrong or Griffiths will be our match winner.

The English media love to put the national team down, since Southgate took over (think a lot of the players are on record as saying Southgate was the man they all wanted) they have spoken about having more of a club mentality. It'll make a difference them having an English manager who they all seem to want to play for, having come through the U21's with him. I think they've got 2 world class players in Kane and Alli and another great talent in Sterling.

I doubt my 0-5 prediction will come to fruition but I can't really see any way Scotland are making life difficult for them tomorrow. Having said that, if we get the first goal and manage to frustrate them for a period then game on.

silverhibee
09-06-2017, 03:39 PM
I'll watch it and cheer Scotland on to a win, but my is on England to win with Kane 1st goalscorer, 1-3 England.

Since90+2
09-06-2017, 03:39 PM
The English media love to put the national team down, since Southgate took over (think a lot of the players are on record as saying Southgate was the man they all wanted) they have spoken about having more of a club mentality. It'll make a difference them having an English manager who they all seem to want to play for, having come through the U21's with him. I think they've got 2 world class players in Kane and Alli and another great talent in Sterling.

I doubt my 0-5 prediction will come to fruition but I can't really see any way Scotland are making life difficult for them tomorrow. Having said that, if we get the first goal and manage to frustrate them for a period then game on.

Your second paragraph is a massive contradiction.

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2017, 04:05 PM
I disagree with pretty much all of that. The english national side are about as far away from a club side spirit as there is in international football. We on the other hand, have a core of 5/6 Celtc players that are likely to form the backbone of our side. I think Armstrong or Griffiths will be our match winner.England have a core of Spurs players. Dier, Alli, Kane, Rose, Walker.

--------
09-06-2017, 04:32 PM
A snowball's chance in Hell. :rotflmao:

Thecat23
09-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Scotland will get roasted. Hopefully that wee arse of a manager then leaves. His interviews are beyond embarrassing along with the dinosaur McGhee.

The_Exile
09-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Your second paragraph is a massive contradiction.

Not really, I said I can't see it, but if we manage to frustrate them it'll be game on.

IlDiavola
09-06-2017, 05:21 PM
2-0 England

Since90+2
09-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Not really, I said I can't see it, but if we manage to frustrate them it'll be game on.

Can't see anyway Scotland make it difficult for them but if they score first it's game on? Surely by definition if they score first and it's game on they make it difficult for them?

Gmack7
09-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Ultimately we lost 3 zip at Wembley but until the 2nd goal we were bang in the game,
We are average but they are vastly overrated, make it an old fashioned Derby/battle and we have a real chance,CMON SCOTLAND

Jim44
10-06-2017, 03:50 PM
4-0 to England if we play out of our skins.

Nameless
10-06-2017, 06:42 PM
England should win, as they have a vastly superior squad, but I just can't bet against Scotland at hampden. I fancy us for a score draw.
Yaaas!! I finally made a prediction that came true [emoji41]