PDA

View Full Version : Question Attendances

Ken
06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Am I right in thinking that we (Hibs) now publish attendance figures based on the number of tickets sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Am I right in thinking that we (Hibs) now publish attendance figures based on the number of tickets sold?

As opposed to cheating like them?

hibbycraig
06-06-2017, 09:08 PM
As opposed to cheating like them?

It would be the same as them then, tickets sold rather than people through turnstiles.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2017, 09:09 PM
It would be the same as them then, tickets sold rather than people through turnstiles.

Don't they just think up a number to stroke their little egos?

Stroke, stroke.....

wookie70
06-06-2017, 09:10 PM
It certainly looked like we counted tickets sold last year.

hibbycraig
06-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Don't they just think up a number to stroke their little egos?

Stroke, stroke.....

They probably do to be fair

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2017, 09:12 PM
They probably do to be fair

stroke, stroke, stroke...

Lancs Harp
06-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Very few professional football clubs in Britain declare actual attendances. The vast majority declare tickets sold and not actual attendees. I guess that makes sense from an accounting and marketing pov. There must be a figure somewhere stating match day attendees, purely for health and safety reasons(you must knowhow many people are at an event, surely?) but it seems for the majority of clubs this figure is no longer released.

Mainstandman
06-06-2017, 09:17 PM
I do remember the cash days of Wallace mercer, derby day at Tynecastle packed out, official attendance over the tanoy( for HMRC purposes) normally around 10-12 thousand!!!! Eh!

SirDavidsNapper
06-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Very few professional football clubs in Britain declare actual attendances. The vast majority declare tickets sold and not actual attendees. I guess that makes sense from an accounting and marketing pov. There must be a figure somewhere stating match day attendees, purely for health and safety reasons(you must knowhow many people are at an event, surely?) but it seems for the majority of clubs this figure is no longer released.

Yup. Man United were quoting 70 odd thousand when there was actually only around 60k turning up last season.

Lancs Harp
06-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Yup. Man United were quoting 70 odd thousand when there was actually only around 60k turning up last season.

In England I would say Arsenal is the most obvious example.

Ken
06-06-2017, 09:20 PM
It certainly looked like we counted tickets sold last year.

....in that case....seeing as season ticket seats can now be re-sold, does that mean if we sell the same seat twice is that classed as 1 or 2? If 2 then we could potentially get a crowd higher than the capacity of the stadium.

I'm guessing the answer will be no and the capacity of the stadium is the limit, but I do think Hibs should start confirming the number of tickets sold as I think against Hearts especially we will sell more than Easter Road's capacity

Lancs Harp
06-06-2017, 09:23 PM
....in that case....seeing as season ticket seats can now be re-sold, does that mean if we sell the same seat twice is that classed as 1 or 2? If 2 then we could potentially get a crowd higher than the capacity of the stadium.

I'm guessing the answer will be no and the capacity of the stadium is the limit, but I do think Hibs should start confirming the number of tickets sold as I think against Hearts especially we will sell more than Easter Road's capacity

The seat would simpy become unsold, then be sold after it became "unsold" hence being counted just once.

Not sure Ive explained that very well :greengrin

LancashireHibby
06-06-2017, 09:29 PM
The seat would simpy become unsold, then be sold after it became "unsold" hence being counted just once.

Not sure Ive explained that very well :greengrin

Having worked directly with resale of season tickets, you're exactly right in how it works.

Ken
06-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Having worked directly with resale of season tickets, you're exactly right in how it works.

That makes sense, although Hibs could still confirm separately the number of re-sold season tickets, but just not include them in the attendance figure

southern hibby
06-06-2017, 11:04 PM

Sorry can't agree with that. There's only one stroke in them and that's holding them together, especially when it comes to their sister.

GGTTH

CMurdoch
06-06-2017, 11:16 PM

Strokers

Bill Milne
07-06-2017, 08:08 AM

The police require details of actual attendance, no doubt for security purposes. These details were published some years back and hugely embarrassed the Bigot Brothers, who regularly inflate their attendances to boost their own sense of self-importance. Sadly, the cops now refuse to divulge this information, even under FOI requests!!