PDA

View Full Version : Yams So Close But Yet So Far

Sergey
06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
How did those gits get away with not going completely insolvent? If only the Lithuanians had held out for the true land value of Tynie. Unfortunately, the other clubs are now no more.

FBK Kauno - had to reform as FBK Kauno (2012) but have decided to call it a day and are no more. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_(2012)

MTZ RIPO have also ceased to exist, even after renaming themselves as FC Partizan Minsk. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Partizan_Minsk

There were a few of us Hibs fans who are still glad they survived - I don't tick that box and wish they had went the same way as Kaunas and RIPO.

GIRFUY ya bunch of thieves.

Famous Fiver
06-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Sergey, my friend they are morally bankrupt. Pleasing.

Poppy thieves, tainted trophies, bumped every creditor they could, the list is endless.

Springbank
06-06-2017, 06:35 PM
How did those gits get away with not going completely insolvent? If only the Lithuanians had held out for the true land value of Tynie. Unfortunately, the other clubs are now no more.

FBK Kauno - had to reform as FBK Kauno (2012) but have decided to call it a day and are no more. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_(2012)

MTZ RIPO have also ceased to exist, even after renaming themselves as FC Partizan Minsk. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Partizan_Minsk

There were a few of us Hibs fans who are still glad they survived - I don't tick that box and wish they had went the same way as Kaunas and RIPO.

GIRFUY ya bunch of thieves.

imagine spending £70m of a poorer country's money, some of it possibly blood money, goading your rivals about it, going to the well of despair knowing you'd failed to pay macrae's battallion....only to find that all you needed, all along, was Sir David Gray?

1van Sprou7e
06-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Meh, they should have been punished more severely but supporting Hibs would be less interesting if Hearts went down the toilet

heidtheba
06-06-2017, 06:58 PM
There's a lot of 'we the simple fans weren't to blame, we were led into it against our better judgement and, on occasions, our will'. I've heard that a lot from my Hearts supporting mates. Of course they all go a bit quiet when I suggest now would be a great time to pay back some of the creditors who got shaf^&d...
The one that annoys me most is Herriot-Watt, how can they really accept giving Hearts more use of their facilities?

greenpaper55
06-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Remember the phone call from our first minister to lithuania helped.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
They are a complete shower. No shame.

brianmc
06-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Zzzzzz

Greencore
06-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Anyone else annoyed when other Scottish fans praise them but don't mention their stealing of poppys

Green Blood
06-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Death by a thousand cuts! Long slow painful death still on the cards, Admin 2 The Return the movie!

Thecat23
06-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Just think if they died we wouldn't have had the highs of 2016 or the fact they simply can't seem to beat us now. This will really hurt them knowing deep down we won it fair and also knocking them out on the way.

All this on top of Hibs being the better of the two if you were offered to sign for either club. Let them rot and suffer I say.

Hello to any looking in btw, you lot will be roasted next season 👋🏼😎

Ryan69
06-06-2017, 07:46 PM
There's a lot of 'we the simple fans weren't to blame, we were led into it against our better judgement and, on occasions, our will'. I've heard that a lot from my Hearts supporting mates. Of course they all go a bit quiet when I suggest now would be a great time to pay back some of the creditors who got shaf^&d...
The one that annoys me most is Herriot-Watt, how can they really accept giving Hearts more use of their facilities?

I still to this day however cannot understand how you can owe money to yourself.

That was the constant answer from them! Not one of them even questioned that.

Are they really that stupid?

Eyrie
06-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Yes.

Deansy
06-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Just think if they died we wouldn't have had the highs of 2016 or the fact they simply can't seem to beat us now. This will really hurt them knowing deep down we won it fair and also knocking them out on the way.

All this on top of Hibs being the better of the two if you were offered to sign for either club. Let them rot and suffer I say.

THIS !. Okay, justice wasn't done but then we wouldn't be having the exquisite pleasure & delight we're having just now as they gradually revert back to their 'Pre-Mercer Days' - we're so far ahead of them in every single way - stadium/squad/training-facilities/money etc - that as every day dawns it brings new grief, agony and more importantly - SHAME - for them ! 'Cash-cows' FFS - what a redder !!

Right now the 1st derby-game can't come quick enough for us - 'Playing Within Your Means' is as superb for us as it is lethal for them ! 'Payback' for 30+ years of cheating is well on it's way ............................

Sergey
06-06-2017, 08:36 PM
THIS !. Okay, justice wasn't done but then we wouldn't be having the exquisite pleasure & delight we're having just now as they gradually revert back to their 'Pre-Mercer Days' - we're so far ahead of them in every single way - stadium/squad/training-facilities/money etc - that as every day dawns it brings new grief, agony and more importantly - SHAME - for them ! 'Cash-cows' FFS - what a redder !!

Right now the 1st derby-game can't come quick enough for us - 'Playing Within Your Means' is as superb for us as it is lethal for them ! 'Payback' for 30+ years of cheating is well on it's way ............................

A Scottish Cup win or being an integral part of them going to the wall - that's a tough call for moi.

I'll happily settle for my 2nd prize :cup:

lucky
06-06-2017, 09:00 PM
I for one are glad they survived. You can't beat a Derby victory and as they no longer are able to financially cheat we've got a great chance to extend our unbeaten run against them.

Mr White
06-06-2017, 09:02 PM
I for one are glad they survived. You can't beat a Derby victory and as they no longer are able to financially cheat we've got a great chance to extend our unbeaten run against them.

Me too. I would have laughed if their big team delusions had sunk them down to Third Lanark or St Bernards proportions but ultimately life as a hibs fan is more interesting with a local rivalry. Particularly so when we keep pumping them out of the Scottish cup :greengrin

IGRIGI
06-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I think at least 399,000 of the 400,000 yams in existence would've preferred to have died as a club rather than live with the memories and consequences of the 2-2 Scottish Cup game.

Berwickhibby
06-06-2017, 09:21 PM

Exactly...... What did he promise them

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2017, 09:34 PM
exactly...... What did he promise them

freedom!

Bostonhibby
06-06-2017, 09:39 PM
I still to this day however cannot understand how you can owe money to yourself.

That was the constant answer from them! Not one of them even questioned that.

Yes, these are the people that are putting coins and maybe notes into a cow bank to build a stand. The people who are running their club are encouraging them to do this.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Crazyhorse
06-06-2017, 09:58 PM

Agree with this. They would have reformed anyway and gone around claiming to be the same club just like the full fat version...

Kato
06-06-2017, 10:01 PM
It was spotted as a money laundering scam from the off by anyone with half an interest. They just stuck by "believe" which they quickly changed to "we were lied to" as soon as it suited. Would I have wanted thousands of peoples real madrid to become thousands of peoples dodo bird, nup, and said so at the time. Left to their own devices they are rubbish and there's more to come from that story, particularly if the Lithuanian govt prosecute, the as still at large, Vlad.

ian cruise
06-06-2017, 10:09 PM

That's where I am in regards to the whole thing, glad they survived to be reminded again and again who is the better club in every way possible these days. Going out of business would have been an easy escape and they'd have comforted themselves with their post demise record.

Waxy
06-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Agree with crazyhorse.They would have still found a way to keep the ground and do a zombiejambos.Their cheating is dead and that's all we really wanted. Any trophy wins during the proven cheating years are nul and void. Proper minded jambos wouldnt disagree.

Col2
06-06-2017, 11:52 PM
My Jambo mates don't talk about the foootball. They used but they don't now.

They look so sad and deflated. The spark or 🔥 has disappeared and they are lost.

The song book is now down to two songs from Hector Nicol in the 1950's and 'the European' song but they don't sing either of them often.

They have Levein. They have Cathro. They have bills to pay with real money. And they have Queen Anne who is bleeding them dry for cash to run HER club.

Perd Hapley
07-06-2017, 12:28 AM
I mean here's the thing — at the end of the day for the sake of all the honest Jambos (minority though they may be) I wouldn't have liked to have seen them cease to exist. Edinburgh is big enough for two teams and we need someone to beat regularly for sake of revenge.

All the same they got off lightly, no doubt. So lightly in fact that it seems to have spawned this genuinely sickening post-truth acceptance within the Hearts support that what their club did to its own community was in any way excusable in light of the mediocre sporting success it bought.

I wouldn't have wanted to see them disappear, but I would have hoped their support would have learned a sense of humility by this stage instead of the arrogance and idiocy that seems to have become the norm amongst that support.

Mixu62
07-06-2017, 04:57 AM
When you see the state of Dundee Utd you realise there are a few clubs in the SPL who are only one poor season away from financial melt-down. Yams included, in fact possibly at the front of that queue. This coming season could be disastrous for them. Failure to get a top 6 place could see them flirt with the relegation dog-fight or at least the play off spot and then it's very squeaky bum time. Do they have the players with the character for that sort of fight? Nope, not anymore!

Libby Hibby
07-06-2017, 05:27 AM
If they had went to the wall, we wouldn't have had that special derby cup win in 2016 and perhaps, just perhaps, fate may have decided for us not to have that wonderful day last May.

All ifs and buts. I am quite glad to see them struggle big time, on and off the pitch at the moment.

Who knows, their fate may yet to be decided if their begging bowls and cash cows don't get filled up.

Jag7
07-06-2017, 05:38 AM
In the news today the new stand is running over budget, they are still begging for more money but say they have the funds to cover the increase .. eh! So why beg for more money, very suspicious !

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-06-2017, 06:27 AM
I mean here's the thing — at the end of the day for the sake of all the honest Jambos (minority though they may be) I wouldn't have liked to have seen them cease to exist. Edinburgh is big enough for two teams and we need someone to beat regularly for sake of revenge.

All the same they got off lightly, no doubt. So lightly in fact that it seems to have spawned this genuinely sickening post-truth acceptance within the Hearts support that what their club did to its own community was in any way excusable in light of the mediocre sporting success it bought.

I wouldn't have wanted to see them disappear, but I would have hoped their support would have learned a sense of humility by this stage instead of the arrogance and idiocy that seems to have become the norm amongst that support.

Good post and 100% agree. A disgusting institution.

proud_and_green
07-06-2017, 06:41 AM
You need to get over this obsession with them Sergey, I am pleased they are still around. Hibs without Hearts wouldn't be the same. you can't beat a Derby for excitement, expectation, trepidation, atmosphere. I love it and a Derby against Edinburgh city would not be the same.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

vuefrom1875
07-06-2017, 07:00 AM

Oh...That would be big fat Salmon 🍔

greenpaper55
07-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Over budget, ha ha http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/cost-of-new-stand-at-tynecastle-is-running-over-budget-1-4467985

Greencore
07-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Admin two approaching?....

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Over budget, ha ha http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/cost-of-new-stand-at-tynecastle-is-running-over-budget-1-4467985

:aok:

Stinking skint tramps.

:na na:

Bostonhibby
07-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Many of today's maroon balloons were right behind mercer's debt laden attempt to close us down using other people's money - chiefly the huns lender of choice Bank of Scotland.

I don't recall much support or sympathy but there was plenty big team chat about mercer's
new club playing in maroon, ER being sold and the Hibernian name disappearing. For me this episode reinforced the attitude that using money you don't have, owing it to yourselves and ultimately bumping charities and businesses for millions is okay.

I'd have preferred that entity to have disappeared entirely and if they could honourably start again and do it a different way fine. I'd be comfortable beating yamco just as I've enjoyed beating sevco.

Instead we now have the latest clown's bicycle that is the poppy thieves. They're trying to rebrand the image but there's quite a smell lingering, the fans still have the delusion of bigness, sense of entitlement and blind belief installed so successfully by Romanov that when the wheels come off again they still won't know what's gone wrong.

Steve20
07-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Admin two approaching?....

I'd doubt that they're anywhere close to Administration. Wishful thinking by some.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-06-2017, 10:29 AM
I'd doubt that they're anywhere close to Administration. Wishful thinking by some.

Agreed, even if they did they would use the powers to be they used the last time to squirm out of it..

Greencore
07-06-2017, 10:31 AM

I can dream can't I? ☺☺☺😂

jacomo
07-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Many of today's maroon balloons were right behind mercer's debt laden attempt to close us down using other people's money - chiefly the huns lender of choice Bank of Scotland.

I don't recall much support or sympathy but there was plenty big team chat about mercer's
new club playing in maroon, ER being sold and the Hibernian name disappearing. For me this episode reinforced the attitude that using money you don't have, owing it to yourselves and ultimately bumping charities and businesses for millions is okay.

I'd have preferred that entity to have disappeared entirely and if they could honourably start again and do it a different way fine. I'd be comfortable beating yamco just as I've enjoyed beating sevco.

Instead we now have the latest clown's bicycle that is the poppy thieves. They're trying to rebrand the image but there's quite a smell lingering, the fans still have the delusion of bigness, sense of entitlement and blind belief installed so successfully by Romanov that when the wheels come off again they still won't know what's gone wrong.

The Sevco example shows that arrogant thieves don't do humility.

Yamco would be the same, possibly with added sense of grievance.

But their successes under Romanov are undeniably tainted. We can hold our heads up high.

They are also guaranteeing mediocrity for the next generation by sinking all they have into an inadequate stadium which will never ever support a club with Big ambitions.

lapsedhibee
08-06-2017, 09:09 AM
I think at least 399,000 of the 400,000 yams in existence would've preferred to have died as a club rather than live with the memories and consequences of the 2-2 Scottish Cup game.

It's hard to know with yamathematics whether a 1-5 or a 2-2 scoreline is preferable in the yam mind. We know, from a game against Raith, that in throdaspeak the same number of goals for each team counts as a win for Hearts, and we know from a game against Celtc that scoring none and conceding five counts as a draw, but scoring one and conceding five - is that a better result than the Celtc draw, therefore a win, or is it just a higher-scoring draw? :dunno:

johnbc70
08-06-2017, 10:31 AM
September seems very ambitious to knock down the old stand and put up the new one.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2017, 10:52 AM
I fall into the camp that says it would have been counter productive for Hearts to go under for good. There is a discussion going on just now regarding Aberdeen and the fact that their attendances have been pretty average compared to how good they have been recently, there is a theory that their lack of a proper derby rival to measure their success against makes their season a wee bit less exciting than it would be if they had one and IMO there is something to that ..... over the piece I think both Hibs and Hearts gain from having a derby rival.

What is annoying is that a lot of Yams have failed to learn a bit of humility considering it was that attitude which brought their club to the brink of disaster .... The good news is that of late Hibs have been working really hard to teach them some, but if you look at Kickback too many of them still refuse to admit that their dominance on the pitch up until 2012 was largely based on financial malpractice and they genuinely seem to think that any time now 'normal service' will be resumed.

Unfortunately for them in the years to come what they consider to be 'normal' when it comes to derby matches wont look anything like it did under the Mercer and Romanov regimes because for the first time in a long time we will be facing each other on a level playing field, we will win some, they will win some, but what wont be happening is them turning up certain that the points are in the bag ... not any more :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
08-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Edinburgh establishment closed ranks and made it clear there would be no planning permission. Better to rake £2 mill than sit on a piece of depreciating rotten land.