PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen

Navids Numpties
05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Anyone think they'll struggle this season? Have lost many key players. All leaving pittodrie are

Peter Pawlett (signed for MK Dons)

Cammy Smith (signed for St Mirren)
Neil Alexander (contract ended)

Ash Taylor (contract ended)
Ryan Jack (signed for Rangers)

Niall McGinn (contract ended)
Lawrence Shankland (contract ended)

Aaron Lennox (contract ended)

Ryan Christie (loan ended)

Jones28
05-06-2017, 07:58 AM
You can probably add Hayes to the list of leavers, Celtic and others sniffing about apparently

Navids Numpties
05-06-2017, 08:04 AM
You can probably add Hayes to the list of leavers, Celtic and others sniffing about apparently

Celtic bidded 1.2m supposedly. Cardiff and another championship club were sniffing around supposedly. Celtic moan about competition yet steal everyone else's best players and leave them to rot on bench/reserves.

Shame really.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
05-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Celtic bidded 1.2m supposedly. Cardiff and another championship club were sniffing around supposedly. Celtic moan about competition yet steal everyone else's best players and leave them to rot on bench/reserves.

Shame really.

Too many players end up at Celtic and sit on their arse. You would think they would rather play the game.

Keith_M
05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Strange as it might seem, I'd be very disappointed if Aberdeen were weakened next season (though it's looking that way now). They've been Celtc's only genuine challenger for the last couple of seasons, a task made more difficult by the vast gulf in finance, and have consistently shown The Rangers and Hearts up for how mediocre they are.

I would like to see a genuinely competitive league, preferably of the teams that have not cheated their way to trophies by overspending and dumping their debt.

Also, Aberdeen are a respectable, community club who's supporters do not engage in the vilest sectarian behaviour of clubs like The Rangers, Celtc and, to a much lesser extent, Hearts.

AndyM_1875
05-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Teams who have threatened the Uglies getting picked apart by them is an old story. But I won't be surprised if the worst is yet to come for the Dandies. McInnes has possibly taken them as far as he can and appears to be interesting Sunderland. I think Aberdeen will have to be rebuilt next year.

marinello59
05-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Strange as it might seem, I'd be very disappointed if Aberdeen were weakened next season (though it's looking that way now). They've been Celtc's only genuine challenger for the last couple of seasons, a task made more difficult by the vast gulf in finance, and have consistently shown The Rangers and Hearts up for how mediocre they are.

I would like to see a genuinely competitive league, preferably of the teams that have not cheated their way to trophies by overspending and dumping their debt.

Also, Aberdeen are a respectable, community club who's supporters do not engage in the vilest sectarian behaviour of clubs like The Rangers, Celtc and, to a much lesser extent, Hearts.

How does finishing over 30 points behind count as a genuine challenge?

TelaStella
05-06-2017, 03:05 PM
I think providing they manage to hang onto Mcinnes they'll still do ok next season, he seems capable enough to rebuild them again as he's done before. However I can't see them recruiting anything better than they've just lost especially in McGinn and Hayes (should he leave). Wonder how long Rooney's got left up there as well after another fine season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
05-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Too many players end up at Celtic and sit on their arse. You would think they would rather play the game.
Always confuses me why a young decent player would want to move to Celtic and pretty much have zero game time. Yes, they're pretty much guaranteed Trophies but some won't even get a winners medal. Probably saying this out of frustration about the talent they've nicked off us over the years.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Stuart Armstrong has probably inspired a new generation of talented Scottish youngsters to move to Celtic believing they can make it.

hfc rd
05-06-2017, 04:48 PM
I won't be surprised if Derek McIness leaves as well. He's done a fantastic job up there and probably reckons that this is as far as it can go.

Really interesting summer for them this year.

Big_Franck
05-06-2017, 04:51 PM
I've been thinking the same for the last couple weeks, I think Aberdeen will be significantly weaker next season even if they can hold on to Hayes. McGinn, Jack and to a lesser extent Taylor are going to be very difficult to replace with like-for-like quality on Aberdeen's budget.

pacorosssco
05-06-2017, 04:52 PM
I won't be surprised if Derek McIness leaves as well. He's done a fantastic job up there and probably reckons that this is as far as it can go.

Really interesting summer for them this year.

I think hell walk unless given good budget to replace those left. His stock will never be higher while at Aberdeen very possible hell walk to protect as next season wont match last

Mikey
05-06-2017, 08:18 PM
How does finishing over 30 points behind count as a genuine challenge?

I can just imagine you saying that to your neighbour :greengrin

marinello59
05-06-2017, 08:21 PM
I can just imagine you saying that to your neighbour :greengrin

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
05-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Just goes to underline you have 2 max 3 seasons to do something with your generation x team

Dashing Bob S
05-06-2017, 09:18 PM
McInnes is savvy enough to realize that A'deen are heading into a cycle of decline and he won't be silly enough to try and manage that. He'll be off.