HibbyAndy
04-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Heard the same 5 minutes ago !

rcarter1
04-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Groovy news if true. :thumbsup:

hfc rd
04-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Jeez you are quicker than me! Was just going to post a thread up on this that I've heard that he is signing for us instead of Hearts.

Very pleased with this! 😎

GGTTH

bingo70
04-06-2017, 06:54 PM
No inside knowledge but makes sense to me, money not likely to be an issue so probably between us and hearts.

If we really wanted him then there's only one winner imo.

Interested to see where he'd be played but I suspect he'll be a midfielder that covers a variety of positions when injuries and suspensions kick in.

Gerard
04-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Good news as he is a good player.

Jack Hackett
04-06-2017, 06:55 PM
:pray:

ruthven_raiders
04-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Jeez you are quicker than me! Was just going to post a thread up on this that I've heard that he is signing for us instead of Hearts.

Very pleased with this! 😎

GGTTH
Yeh heard from my a relative and his connections, they were talking to him today

ruthven_raiders
04-06-2017, 06:59 PM

You must know the same people 😂

HibbyAndy
04-06-2017, 07:08 PM
You must know the same people 😂

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yuillsy
04-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Are you hearing this from a relative mate??[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Are you hearing this from a relative mate??[emoji6]

You ken who my relative is eh ;-)

Yuillsy
04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
You ken who my relative is eh ;-)
I do mate!!!

HibbyAndy
04-06-2017, 07:11 PM
I do mate!!!

Hope you are well buddy no seen you in ages

Am no hijacking thread :thumbsup:

hfc rd
04-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Yeh heard from my a relative and his connections, they were talking to him today

I heard from my mate who is good friends with Steven Whittaker.

Baw187
04-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Sounds promising! Quality player who can only be better than he was before given his experiences down south

California-Hibs
04-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Please oh please let this happen!!! He'll be a great signing! A composed player who at times looks like the balls glued to his feet!

Col2
04-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Whittaker

Ambrose

Marciano

All announced this week?

And still 2 months until season starts...

calumhibee1
04-06-2017, 07:29 PM
This squad we are building is very exciting. Excellent players with a bit of experience. Can see us skelping a few teams next season.

Diclonius
04-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Wonder where we'd play him? Left back? Midfield?

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Where will he play?

I can't see him being signed as a back up to Sir David and I can't see Sir David agreeing to a new 2 year contract if he's going to be a back up to Steven Whittaker.

I know Whittaker could play in midfield and when he was with us it was always said to be the case that he was far better at going forward than he was at defending. However what role would he play in midfield if that's the case?

I'm certainly not complaining as you can never have enough good players and he would certainly strengthen the squad. He's still only 33 in a couple of weeks as well so he's still got 2-3 years left in him.

Salt N Sauzee
04-06-2017, 07:32 PM
If this is true then this is shaping up to be the best transfer window in my lifetime!

Hibbyradge
04-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Whittaker

Ambrose

Marciano

All announced this week?

The window isnt even open till Thursday!

Speedway
04-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Perhaps Fyvie's replacement in a new deeper role than he's played before?

ruthven_raiders
04-06-2017, 07:38 PM
I heard from my mate who is good friends with Steven Whittaker.

Just a conversation whittaker had with someone, certainly is shaping up to be a good squad x

scoopyboy
04-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Where will he play?

I can't see him being signed as a back up to Sir David and I can't see Sir David agreeing to a new 2 year contract if he's going to be a back up to Steven Whittaker.

I know Whittaker could play in midfield and when he was with us it was always said to be the case that he was far better at going forward than he was at defending. However what role would he play in midfield if that's the case?

I'm certainly not complaining as you can never have enough good players and he would certainly strengthen the squad. He's still only 33 in a couple of weeks as well so he's still got 2-3 years left in him.

Do you seriously think that is mentioned in a contract offer?

RIP Bestie
04-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Jeezo. Why is everyone so happy about this?
Did he not leave us cos he wanted to play for Rangers???
🤔🤔🤔

Colr
04-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Heard from a good source, that whittaker is signing for us....good news 😊

Roger? Yup, I heard he's got to leave Durham Town.

Onceinawhile
04-06-2017, 07:44 PM
🤔🤔🤔

Compare the way he did it to how someone like kt did though.

Lago
04-06-2017, 07:45 PM
🤔🤔🤔
So what, chill out.

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Where will he play?

Im thinking that rather than having 2 players for both full back positions , we are going for having 3 of a good quality . Whittaker can play on either side so would make sense. This also leaves space for crane to get a look in next season. Hopefully this is the case because it would make us really strong across the back, and mean we can use a wage on someone with quality further up the park

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 07:49 PM
🤔🤔🤔

Dont recall him looking to get away . Thought it kind of developed naturally , didnt he give his signing on fee to the youth development or something similar when he left??

RIP Bestie
04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
So what, chill out.
Doh! Think about it!!

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Do you seriously think that is mentioned in a contract offer?

:confused: We've been linked with Whittaker for quite a while now, certainly since before Gray's new contract was announced. If I was David Gray, if I heard that the club were possibly lining up a move for someone who plays in my position who is a relatively big name for the club to be signing then I would be asking for clarification on what my role was likely to be within the team.

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
:confused: We've been linked with Whittaker for quite a while now, certainly since before Gray's new contract was announced. If I was David Gray, if I heard that the club were possibly lining up a move for someone who plays in my position who is a relatively big name for the club to be signing then I would be asking for clarification on what my role was likely to be within the team.

Or you could look at the situation and use it to focus on playing out of your skin every week to keep the jersey..

GordonHFC
04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Roger? Yup, I heard he's got to leave Durham Town.

Some just won't get that 😁

hfc rd
04-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Or you could look at the situation and use it to focus on playing out of your skin every week to keep the jersey..

Exactly

IanM
04-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Kenny Millar 'I do think we'll end up getting Whittaker. Couple more options in midfield and up front then it doesn't look too bad at all.'

Vault Boy
04-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Good stuff. Exciting window already!

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 08:14 PM
Im thinking that rather than having 2 players for both full back positions , we are going for having 3 of a good quality . Whittaker can play on either side so would make sense. This also leaves space for crane to get a look in next season. Hopefully this is the case because it would make us really strong across the back, and mean we can use a wage on someone with quality further up the park

It's all about competition. Gray is suspended for the 1st game, upto whoever replaces him to claim a spot. Surely we can't ask for fairer than that.
However is a long hard season, injuries and suspensions will take its toll, we need a big squad. Remember Whittaker can play both full back positions, and in midfield

weecounty hibby
04-06-2017, 08:18 PM
If this comes off and we add another couple of really good signings then I will be peeing my pants with excitement and the season won't come along quick enough

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 08:19 PM
It's all about competition. Gray is suspended for the 1st game, upto whoever replaces him to claim a spot. Surely we can't ask for fairer than that.
However is a long hard season, injuries and suspensions will take its toll, we need a big squad. Remember Whittaker can play both full back positions, and in midfield

Id much rather have the stress of fitting good players into the team than the stress of not having enough good players.

SirDavidsNapper
04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Ambrose, Marciano and Whittaker signing along with Murray and Swanson would be phenominal. Incredible time for Hibs at the moment.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Ambrose, Marciano and Whittaker signing along with Murray and Swanson would be phenominal. Incredible time for Hibs at the moment.

Yep agreed. Think we'd need another 2/3 on top of that (CM, Winger and Stokes) then we're good to go.

This season is going to be something else. Buzzing

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Yep agreed. Think we'd need another 2/3 on top of that (CM, Winger and Stokes) then we're good to go.

:agree: We need at least one more striker. We can't start the season with just Brian Graham as back up for Cummings and Murray. I know Martin Boyle can play up front but I don't think he's a natural striker.

Unseen work
04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
He will be right back.

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 08:33 PM

Id go 3/4 .. winger , centre mid playmaker , and a killen type up front , and replace graham with a better option up top..

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Also think if we sign stokes then we may cash in on cummings

Billy Whizz
He will be right back.

How do you know that?

GreenNWhiteArmy
:agree: We need at least one more striker. We can't start the season with just Brian Graham as back up for Cummings and Murray. I know Martin Boyle can play up front but I don't think he's a natural striker.

Absolutely. I'm hoping Murray isn't going to he first choice and is the replacement for Keatings as opposed to Holt who played mainly with JC last season. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part due to our business thus far and who we're allegedly close to signing ha

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Also think if we sign stokes then we may cash in on cummings

Stokes is unreliable, Jason is never injured, so wouldn't think he'd be his replacement

Jim44
04-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Id much rather have the stress of fitting good players into the team than the stress of not having enough good players.

This is where I'm coming from. I can't get my head round the thoughts of some folk saying we shouldn't sign him or him because we've already got him etc. What's wrong with having more than two or more strong players in the same position? If the players are happy, respect each other and willing to play for each other, knowing that the position is not their unique property and that there will be times when they will be fighting to get the place, go for it Lennon. :aok:

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 08:37 PM
This is where I'm coming from. I can't get my head round the thoughts of some folk saying we shouldn't sign him or him because we've already got him etc. What's wrong with having more than two or more strong players in the same position? If the players are happy, respect each other and willing to play for each other, knowing that the position is not their unique property and that there will be times when they will be fighting to get the place, go for it Lennon. :aok:

Exactly, we had practically no centre halfs at one stage this season

heidtheba
04-06-2017, 08:37 PM
What's really lovely about all of this is the sheer amount of time the players will have together before the season starts. That's got to be a good thing, especially given the group of players who seem to have taken Hibs to their hearts.

Leith Green
04-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Stokes is unreliable, Jason is never injured, so wouldn't think he'd be his replacement

I just dont see lennon signing him to play alongside cummings or as a squad player

Is It On....
04-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Same source? 😂

mjhibby
04-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Whittaker

Ambrose

Marciano

All announced this week?

I can't remember a season when we had so much of the team in place so early. Clearly rod not looking after the pennies.lol.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Not sure if this is in reference to my earlier post, if it is then I did go on to say that you can never have enough good players and that he would strengthen the squad.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Where's he gone?

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Same source? 😂

:wink:

theonlywayisup
04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Where's he gone?

That made me laugh

iwasthere1972
04-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Tell me tell me. :fishin:

Spike Mandela
04-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Motm in the 2007 League cup final for me.Surging runs and at least 3 assists. Most underated player of the 'golden generation' imo.

Would be delighted if this were true.

IWasThere2016
04-06-2017, 09:11 PM
I can't remember a season when we had so much of the team in place so early. Clearly rod not looking after the pennies.lol.

Been screaming for such for years. Long overdue and most welcome!! :thumbsup:

AgentDaleCooper
04-06-2017, 09:13 PM
imagining the player that left us minus some pace, but adding experience playing CL and EPL football, i'm pretty bloody excited about this. he was always a smart lad, and this side of his game will have only improved - he'll rip this division IMO.

Andy74
04-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Think he could probably replace Humphrey as a right midfielder.

Tobias Funke
04-06-2017, 09:18 PM
My Celtic supporting colleague was giving me his usual summary of the football gossip one lunch time a few weeks ago. He said "I see Whittaker is linked with Hibs. You won't get him. Can't afford his wages." I told him to watch this space. I'd absolutely love to give him the big told you so next week! Personal point scoring aside this would be a wonderful signing. Exciting times if we pull this off.

Golden Bear
04-06-2017, 09:23 PM

And here's me thinking that Humphreys was signed as an out and out winger. Turns out we didn't see enough of him to really find out.

jacomo
04-06-2017, 09:26 PM

I think he could. Not the paciest but could offer decent quality from there I think.

What I like about that is that he could sit in if SDM bombs forward.

Baw187
04-06-2017, 09:36 PM
According to one particular fanny on JKB Whittaker definitely wanted to go to them but talks broke down regarding money!

As skint as they are, can't see us offering significantly more than them so clearly he didn't want to go to them!

ian cruise
04-06-2017, 09:37 PM
I think he could. Not the paciest but could offer decent quality from there I think.

What I like about that is that he could sit in if SDM bombs forward.

That's exactly where I would see that we two being used, same as Whittaker was used when playing with Hutton for Rangers and Scotland, one covers the other. Gray us fantastic at getting forward but it has left us a little exposed at the back when he dies, rather than limit his runs let's have a player in midfield who is adept at cover rb in those occasions. Also adds nice fluidity in our position for other teams to have to try counteract

hibs0666
04-06-2017, 09:38 PM
A guy on the Bounce, who has contacts in Whittaker's family, reckons it's a done deal.

scoopyboy
04-06-2017, 09:54 PM

And I would reply that either you sign the contract or you don't.

You can't say to someone that he will always get his game irrespective of who we sign.

A manager could quit and the next manager might not fancy that player and sign someone else.

What would you expect David Gray to say, "aw I was told I would always be getting a game"?

You sign a contract to make yourself available for selection not to have it written in tablets of stone you get a game every week.

lyonhibs
04-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Always cracks me up that. "I don't see the point in signing quality player X because we already have quality player Y in the same position"

Errrrr I must have missed the memo that explains the disadvantage to having quality competition throughout the squad.

Great signing if true.

Diclonius
04-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Where's he gone?

:greengrin

Diclonius
04-06-2017, 09:58 PM
According to one particular fanny on JKB Whittaker definitely wanted to go to them but talks broke down regarding money!

As skint as they are, can't see us offering significantly more than them so clearly he didn't want to go to them!

I think Hearts' (artificial) financial muscle is long gone. We are now in a position where we can offer significantly higher wages.

ruthven_raiders
04-06-2017, 10:16 PM
A guy on the Bounce, who has contacts in Whittaker's family, reckons it's a done deal.

Must be the same contacts I have.

CraigHibee
04-06-2017, 10:16 PM

would be happy at this :agree:

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 10:20 PM

You can't say to someone that he will always get his game irrespective of who we sign.

A manager could quit and the next manager might not fancy that player and sign someone else.

What would you expect David Gray to say, "aw I was told I would always be getting a game"?

You sign a contract to make yourself available for selection not to have it written in tablets of stone you get a game every week.

I'm aware of that but if the club you're about to commit to for the next 2 years are rumoured to be signing a player that could put your place in the team in jeopardy then I would be asking Neil Lennon what he thought my role would be next season, considering I had been first choice for the past 3 seasons.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Whittaker has always spoken about potentially ending his career at Hibs and I've posted this on here a number of times over the years. Source? Steven himself.

However, we'll let the jambos cheer themselves up by convincing themselves it must be to do with money and not simply the fact that Hibs got under his skin and he fell in love with the club. Oh and is sensible enough to realise how much of a shambles they are [emoji38]

SirDavidsNapper
04-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Watch how quickly he becomes not good enough for Hearts when they were touching themselves into a frenzy thinking he was going there.

jacomo
04-06-2017, 10:52 PM

:agree:

Sioux
04-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Watch how quickly he becomes not good enough for Hearts when they were touching themselves into a frenzy thinking he was going there.

The Whittaker thread seems to have been taken down:greengrin

Apparently we can't pay more than hertz so we're increasing our debt again. :spammy:

Baader
05-06-2017, 12:12 AM

Apparently we can't pay more than hertz so we're increasing our debt again. :spammy:

Doubt we'd be offering that much more anyway.. Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.

KeithTheHibby
05-06-2017, 05:34 AM
Doubt we'd be offering that much more anyway.. Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.

Nail hammer wallop.

theonlywayisup
05-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.

Aye, but if you take away the football knowledge, there's not much between the managers.

eastcoasthibby
05-06-2017, 07:34 AM
David Gray's form wasn't great last year, some suggest it was because of the job he was being asked to do ? I am not so sure .. If we can bring Whittaker in it brings not only good competition but gives NL options to play a different shape if and when we need to change, Whittaker can also I believe play a few different roles, in midfield and defence, I think NL is building a strong squad that has good cover in all positions
and they all want to be at Hibs ! We need to realise that who is coming in is part of a strong flexible squad ... David Gray nor Lewis Stevenson can rest on their past few years, the challenge is there to up their game ..though have to say I would like a natural left sided player in preferably to give Lewis competition as I think he will get targeted a lot next year in this league ... Definitely want Whitaker in as he will improve us a fair bit ..

GoalsMcGinley
05-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Great bit of business. Would still like to see us add some pace in the wide areas and another front man. I personally don't want stokes anywhere near ER at the moment. The lads is a class act but his heads all over the place and the baggage outweighs the positives for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deansy
05-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Because the Muppets know that right now, any decent, semi-intelligent footballer who has a choice between us and them, will pick us - it's not rocket-science !

We're on the 'Up' - thanks to 'Playing Within Your Means' they're on the 'Plummet' !

Pete
05-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Because the Muppets know that right now, any decent, semi-intelligent footballer who has a choice between us and them, will pick us - it's not rocket-science !

We're on the 'Up' - thanks to 'Playing Within Your Means' they're on the 'Plummet' !

I think it's simpler than that.

After meeting with Cathro, I think it was mutually decided that he simply wasn't intelligent enough and didn't have the right qualities. Playing in the premiership with Norwich and the Champions league with Rangers? I'm sorry but to meet the standards at Hearts you need to have a bit more about you.

Jim44
05-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Whittaker has always spoken about potentially ending his career at Hibs and I've posted this on here a number of times over the years. Source? Steven himself.

However, we'll let the jambos cheer themselves up by convincing themselves it must be to do with money and not simply the fact that Hibs got under his skin and he fell in love with the club. Oh and is sensible enough to realise how much of a shambles they are [emoji38]

Sorry to be a bit pedantic, but I'm uncomfortable with players using the term 'ending my career at a club'. It comes across as patronising and seems to say 'when I'm not good enough to play for a 'better' club I'll pick up a pay cheque on the strength of my reputation and experiences with a former club. I'd prefer them to say that they would like to return to a club they like, because they have something to offer beyond nostalgia and convenience. Don't get me wrong, I've no problems with Whittaker coming back at this point in his career and I think he would be a great signing but let's not regard it as a swan song on his part.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Sorry to be a bit pedantic, but I'm uncomfortable with players using the term 'ending my career at a club'. It comes across as patronising and seems to say 'when I'm not good enough to play for a 'better' club I'll pick up a pay cheque on the strength of my reputation and experiences with a former club. I'd prefer them to say that they would like to return to a club they like, because they have something to offer beyond nostalgia and convenience. Don't get me wrong, I've no problems with Whittaker coming back at this point in his career and I think he would be a great signing but let's not regard it as a swan song on his part.

I agree to an extent but he's never said anything like that publicly, unlike-for example-Scott Brown who's said it a few times now. You could argue that's maybe a bit patronising. It's up to Hibs to decide if the player in question is still up to a job or looking to pick up a pay cheque. In this case, Whittie is more than capable of still doing an excellent job so it's not patronising to want to come back, imo.
Reckon he could easily pick up a club down south that would continue to pay him 3 or 4 times what we will be offering as well so he's still good enough to play for a 'better' club or at least a richer one.

Deansy
05-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Does anyone what team Whittaker supported as a youngster ?. Seen a Muppet on 'Throwback' claiming he was a Jambo but they also claim to have their own training-facilities !

hfc rd
05-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Does anyone what team Whittaker supported as a youngster ?. Seen a Muppet on 'Throwback' claiming he was a Jambo but they also claim to have their own training-facilities !

I believe he was a Jambo.

hibees 7062
05-06-2017, 04:56 PM
I believe he was a Jambo.

:agree: He was

cabbageandribs1875
05-06-2017, 04:58 PM
but he's alright now

Iggy Pope
05-06-2017, 05:00 PM
I agree to an extent but he's never said anything like that publicly, unlike-for example-Scott Brown who's said it a few times now. You could argue that's maybe a bit patronising. It's up to Hibs to decide if the player in question is still up to a job or looking to pick up a pay cheque. In this case, Whittie is more than capable of still doing an excellent job so it's not patronising to want to come back, imo.
Reckon he could easily pick up a club down south that would continue to pay him 3 or 4 times what we will be offering as well so he's still good enough to play for a 'better' club or at least a richer one.

Scott Brown said pre cup final when interviewed very publicly (I.e. On national telly) by Michael Stewart, that he wanted to end his career at Celtic.

snooky
05-06-2017, 05:04 PM

A bit like splitting up with a girl for a better one and saying I'll come back to you if she dumps me when I get old.

or for the ladies ....
A bit like splitting up with a guy for a better one and saying I'll come back to you if he dumps me when I get old.

Bostonhibby
05-06-2017, 05:21 PM

I read on yackback that Jason Cummings was a jambo, but they let him go rather than pay for his treatment when he was injured, now he loves the green and doesn't half enjoy a goal against the poppy thieves.

For yams looking in, the training facility situation is a matter of public record, they pay (hopefully this time around they remember to pay and HWU remember to pursue unpaid debts) to share a publicly funded facility with everyone else that wants to use it and they don't have first choice of when to use it.

ekhibee
05-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Scott Brown said pre cup final when interviewed very publicly (I.e. On national telly) by Michael Stewart, that he wanted to end his career at Celtic.
But he also said he wanted to finish his days at Hibs in another tv interview about a year ago.

Jim44
05-06-2017, 05:52 PM
A bit like splitting up with a girl for a better one and saying I'll come back to you if she dumps me when I get old.

or for the ladies ....
A bit like splitting up with a guy for a better one and saying I'll come back to you if he dumps me when I get old.

To be completely PC, you have to add to your analogies that other sexual orientations are available. :greengrin

tamig
05-06-2017, 05:59 PM
To be completely PC, you have to add to your analogies that other sexual orientations are available. :greengrin

And don't forget gender neutrality 👍

neil7908
05-06-2017, 06:15 PM
If we can get Whittaker, Ambrose and Marciano all signed up we'll have the best defence I can remember.

Another wide player and a couple forwards and I'll be delighted

Betty Boop
05-06-2017, 06:16 PM

He did indeed.

SirDavidsNapper
05-06-2017, 07:02 PM
If we can get Whittaker, Ambrose and Marciano all signed up we'll have the best defence I can remember.

Another wide player and a couple forwards and I'll be delighted

I'd fancy us for 3rd if we sign them and add a couple more. If Rangers keep spending money they don't have 2nd will be unlikely

Dr Jimmy
05-06-2017, 07:16 PM
I was behind Whittaker in Starbucks in the Gyle today.
Not sure if that means he is signing for Hearts, Hibs or if he just wanted a coffee.
Thought you should know.

Beefster
05-06-2017, 08:11 PM
But he also said he wanted to finish his days at Hibs in another tv interview about a year ago.

So basically the lesson is that Scott Brown spouts pish depending on what way the wind is blowing?

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Not sure if that means he is signing for Hearts, Hibs or if he just wanted a coffee.
Thought you should know.

Starbucks is green and white. Costa coffee is a horrible red close to a maroon colour so he's clearly signing for the cabbage

bingo70
05-06-2017, 08:17 PM
So basically the lesson is that Scott Brown spouts pish depending on what way the wind is blowing?

IMO I think he thought his career was on the wind down with Delia, he wasn't playing well enough to maintain a future at Celtic so he probably started to let his mind wander to what was going to be next and staying in Scotland probably would have meant hibs would be the next best thing for him.

He's had a second wind under Rodgers though so imo he's just changed his mind and thinks he can stay with them until the end of his career.

Obviously guess work but I don't think it's anything sinister from Brown.

jacomo
05-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Starbucks is green and white. Costa coffee is a horrible red close to a maroon colour so he's clearly signing for the cabbage

Sound thinking. :agree:

RMQ1967
05-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Thought you should know.

Hahahaha 😂

snooky
05-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Hahahaha 😂

Eh, starstruck in Starbucks?

Viva_Palmeiras
05-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Thought you should know.

What's his Starbucks name?

05-06-2017, 11:53 PM
What's his Starbucks name?

Apparently it all kicked off after he demanded “Sir David Gray” was written on his cup. A jambo unleashed a devastating 5-1 at him as John Collins was doing doing sit ups In the corner.

Iggy Pope
06-06-2017, 05:23 PM

I can change my mind about a hundred things in an hour never mind a year.

Salt N Sauzee
07-06-2017, 06:54 AM
https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/872341259653918720 :hmmm:

neil7908
07-06-2017, 07:16 AM

Hmmmmm, that throws a spanner in the works!

The Leith Dutch
07-06-2017, 07:18 AM

Also says the Yams are still interested :/

Blaster
07-06-2017, 07:29 AM
I've heard he has offers from down south which he is considering too but if he signs for a Scottish team it will be us. I think he's away or going on holiday soon then will decide

Lago
07-06-2017, 11:39 AM
I still think it will be more likely that he will stay down South for another couple pf years.

Brightside
07-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Hearts are signing Paul Caddis instead! :greengrin

snooky
07-06-2017, 11:42 AM
I still think it will be more likely that he will stay down South for another couple pf years.

... and then sign up for the Hibs Saga Club. :cb

JimBHibees
07-06-2017, 11:59 AM

decent signing that i think.

Scooter
07-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Hes not a bad player

bingo70
07-06-2017, 12:20 PM
Hes not a bad player

Was he not really bad against us in a pre season friendly for Birmingham last season?

Lago
07-06-2017, 12:29 PM
... and then sign up for the Hibs Saga Club. :cb
You might not be far off the mark:agree:

Deansy
07-06-2017, 01:56 PM
C'mon Hibs, bring him home - GET HENDO SIGNED ??

eastmainsmsh
07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Mogga wanting to sign Whittaker for blackburn

Johibs
08-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Take from this what you will.
I've been told if Whittaker is to sign for a Scottish club it will be hibs. This is mainly down to hibs offering a coaching position of some capacity (unsure on whether this is whilst
Playing or after his playing days are complete).
His preference overall is to stay down south though and he is biding his time to see what offers come his way in from
England before committing to anything.

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Hearts and Hibs offering same money, length of contract is different. One other team is also in talks with him. That was the case from yesterday.

Diclonius
08-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Hearts and Hibs offering same money, length of contract is different. One other team is also in talks with him. That was the case from yesterday.

I don't understand how they can offer the same as us when they're having to beg for money to complete their new stand. Cut the player budget, you can't have your cake and eat it.

jeffers
08-06-2017, 04:55 PM

So the good source that suggested he was signing for us was wrong ? I guess Hearts being Hearts they are offering the longer deal mate ? Any idea who the other team is ?

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 05:20 PM
I don't understand how they can offer the same as us when they're having to beg for money to complete their new stand. Cut the player budget, you can't have your cake and eat it.

That was exactly my question when told this. But seems they have a budget for players might only be a couple but they have matched us.

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 05:23 PM
So the good source that suggested he was signing for us was wrong ? I guess Hearts being Hearts they are offering the longer deal mate ? Any idea who the other team is ?

No idea, unless that person was took the info in good faith like I have. All I know is Hearts 100% matched Hibs offer it was the length of the deal that's being talked about with him. I've no idea who the other team is though.

Dunbar Hibee
08-06-2017, 05:31 PM
No idea, unless that person was took the info in good faith like I have. All I know is Hearts 100% matched Hibs offer it was the length of the deal that's being talked about with him. I've no idea who the other team is though.

Cheers for the update. Wonder who is offering the longer deal?

jeffers
08-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Cheers F. Wasn't having a go at those who said he was going to sign, just disappointed it's not happened. Tbh I'm not surprised that Hearts are offering the same as us, they must have cut their wage bill by a bit with all the players they released at the end of the season. And while they need money to complete the new mega best ever stand in world football they also need to put a team on the park to get the fans buying season tickets. Out of interest I wonder what they are paying Berra.

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 05:37 PM

No worries, I would as well it's annoying me.

Unseen work
08-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Funny how Whittikar is able to take his time and potentially see what other options he has but Fyvie is told to bolt...

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Cheers F. Wasn't having a go at those who said he was going to sign, just disappointed it's not happened. Tbh I'm not surprised that Hearts are offering the same as us, they must have cut their wage bill by a bit with all the players they released at the end of the season. And while they need money to complete the new mega best ever stand in world football they also need to put a team on the park to get the fans buying season tickets. Out of interest I wonder what they are paying Berra.

My thoughts exactly, I know he's not on more than £4k and that would be the very max including any bonus money.

Thecat23
08-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Funny how Whittikar is able to take his time and potentially see what other options he has but Fyvie is told to bolt...

To be fair we don't really know the ins and outs on why Fyvie did stall. Not that he should have just signed he's every right to see what's best for him but has he maybe had an offer elsewhere that didn't go through and then panicked and jumped back to us? Or do we think we have money to sign better?

BS44
08-06-2017, 05:50 PM

At a recent hush hush meeting between Levein, Budge and reps from various Hearts supporters branches the fans reps were assured that there is money to bring in new players

HoboHarry
08-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Is there a link to where FF was told to bolt?

Leith's finest
08-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Fyvie wanted a signing on fee on top of contract offer is a rumour i heard,

bingo70
08-06-2017, 06:24 PM

Whittaker will probably be in the same boat, until he signs we'll have the option to withdraw our offer.

I suspect in Fyvies case Lennon found an alternative, if Lennon finds someone he thinks is better value than Whittaker his offer will get pulled as well.

JimBHibees
08-06-2017, 06:30 PM
At a recent hush hush meeting between Levein, Budge and reps from various Hearts supporters branches the fans reps were assured that there is money to bring in new players

The chance of their being a hush hush meeting which included supporters branches must be nil.

Zazu62
08-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Hearts like their 3 year contracts, would we would be offering a 2 year deal I would imagine

Ozyhibby
08-06-2017, 06:48 PM
The chance of their being a hush hush meeting which included supporters branches must be nil.

That's why it's on here.[emoji23]

BS44
08-06-2017, 07:10 PM

Yip, you're probably right about supporters branches. There was definitely a meeting with Levein, Budge and Hearts supporters regarding Cathro.

jacomo
08-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Unfortunate rumour as it gives another stick to bash Fyvie with and it may be utter rubbish.

Fyvie is entitled to ask for it. It's a negotiation.

There is a huge amount of ill-informed speculation and guess work re: contracts on here at the moment.

If he does sign on for next season I hope people ignore such rubbish. I've never doubted FF's commitment in a Hibs jersey.

Leith's finest
08-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Unfortunate rumour as it gives another stick to bash Fyvie with and it may be utter rubbish.

I was hoping he was going to stay,

CapitalGreen
08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Whittaker will probably be in the same boat, until he signs we'll have the option to withdraw our offer.

I suspect in Fyvies case Lennon found an alternative, if Lennon finds someone he thinks is better value than Whittaker his offer will get pulled as well.

If Lennon's found an alternative, where is he?

If we don't sign Fyvie or the alternative, are we then on to our 3rd choice?

Winston Ingram
08-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Fyvie is entitled to ask for it. It's a negotiation.

There is a huge amount of ill-informed speculation and guess work re: contracts on here at the moment.

If he does sign on for next season I hope people ignore such rubbish. I've never doubted FF's commitment in a Hibs jersey.

Absolutely. He'd get one if he went elsewhere

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Absolutely. He'd get one if he went elsewhere

Exactly, :agree: there are some folk on here who really are clueless in how contract negotiations go.

Forza Fred
09-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Exactly, :agree: there are some folk on here who really are clueless in how contract negotiations go.

You could delete the last five words of your statement, and still be factual😋

MacGruber
09-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Whittaker deal still very likely
Someone said he prefers to stay down South, he doesn't. He wants to come back up the road.
Some debate that he might prefer Hearts over Hibs being a Jambo. He doesn't, he prefers a move to Hibs over Hearts. The level of his Hearts allegiance has always been over egged anyway. He had a Hearts poster in his room when he was wee but was far from a diehard. He was playing Saturdays from a young age. Hid family are all much bigger Jambos than he is.

Not to say he'll definitely be here next year. 2 clubs south are solidly interested. Neither very fashionable but with more money on offer.

So whilst it's looking very likely he wants home, would choose Hibs and had positive talks, an offer he can't refuse from down South or hearts offering better terms/length of contract could swing it against us.

I would now be surprised however if we don't see him in a Hibs top very soon

Hibeewilly
09-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Someone said he prefers to stay down South, he doesn't. He wants to come back up the road.
Some debate that he might prefer Hearts over Hibs being a Jambo. He doesn't, he prefers a move to Hibs over Hearts. The level of his Hearts allegiance has always been over egged anyway. He had a Hearts poster in his room when he was wee but was far from a diehard. He was playing Saturdays from a young age. Hid family are all much bigger Jambos than he is.

Not to say he'll definitely be here next year. 2 clubs south are solidly interested. Neither very fashionable but with more money on offer.

So whilst it's looking very likely he wants home, would choose Hibs and had positive talks, an offer he can't refuse from down South or hearts offering better terms/length of contract could swing it against us.

Sounds like you know what's happening Mac - here's hoping and fingers crossed:wink:

scoopyboy
09-06-2017, 09:55 AM

He has been at his house quite a lot recently.

California-Hibs
09-06-2017, 09:56 AM

Fingers crossed. This is the one thread recently that's been my go-to to check and find out the latest. Would be delighted if we signed him!

Unseen work
09-06-2017, 12:10 PM

so essentially...no one knows where he is going and he will just move to whoever offers him the best deal?

MacGruber
09-06-2017, 12:22 PM
so essentially...no one knows where he is going and he will just move to whoever offers him the best deal?

Not quite, but not wrong either.
He'll turn away better offers to come up the road. They want their boy starting school up here. He'll sign for Hibs for less than deals from down South.
That said, he's not daft. If the offers down South are not only better but silly money and a lot better then yeah he'll end up staying put.
So not strictly for the best deal - but not going to look a gift horse in the mouth either if there is a massive jump. Understandable.

MacGruber
09-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Nothing has been agreed yet. If there hasn't been any changes from yesterday then he's very close to a return.

jacomo
09-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Not quite, but not wrong either.
He'll turn away better offers to come up the road. They want their boy starting school up here. He'll sign for Hibs for less than deals from down South.
That said, he's not daft. If the offers down South are not only better but silly money and a lot better then yeah he'll end up staying put.
So not strictly for the best deal - but not going to look a gift horse in the mouth either if there is a massive jump. Understandable.

Makes sense. Here's hoping it works out in our favour.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-06-2017, 01:36 PM
He has been at his house quite a lot recently.

Maybe taking down the hearts poster from his room?

Lago
09-06-2017, 06:43 PM
And why shouldn't he.

lapsedhibee
09-06-2017, 06:44 PM

It was very bad that he left it up all the time he played for us before, but I understand he was just a young lad badly advised by his agent.

NorthRoadHibee
09-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Customer from my work, who regularly speaks to big Rod, says that Whittaker would prefer to stay down south but we are very much in with a chance, der Hun offered him double what we have but money is not the issue as he made plenty down south, his dad is a Hibee apparently. I know this isn't relevant to Whittaker but Fyvie apparently wanted to be guaranteed a spot in the starting 11. Ashdod wanting 2 million for Rocky... hence the rumoured 50% sell on clause. Not claiming to be ITK or anything just passing on what I've been told

Since90+2
09-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Customer from my work, who regularly speaks to big Rod, says that Whittaker would prefer to stay down south but we are very much in with a chance, der Hun offered him double what we have but money is not the issue as he made plenty down south, his dad is a Hibee apparently. I know this isn't relevant to Whittaker but Fyvie apparently wanted to be guaranteed a spot in the starting 11. Ashdod wanting 2 million for Rocky... hence the rumoured 50% sell on clause. Not claiming to be ITK or anything just passing on what I've been told

Good of Rod to be giving so much private transfer information. Sounds like a changed man from previous years.

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2017, 07:13 PM

:faf: Thanks for all that.

Captain Trips
09-06-2017, 07:17 PM

Was it this Big Rod:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2802234140/702aa221b889205cadf7928adf6d9304_400x400.jpeg

keep the faith
09-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Good of Rod to be giving so much private transfer information. Sounds like a changed man from previous years.

😁

CentreLine
09-06-2017, 07:27 PM

What's he like that Rod. Just a big blabbermouth? Where is it going to stop? Every year without fail we hear it from him first, every detail of the transfer. I remember him releasing details about Griffiths. £150,000 and it was a done deal. If only he'd kept his big mouth shut 🤐 LG would be banging them in for us tonthis day

Bostonhibby
09-06-2017, 07:35 PM

A customer in my cousins best friends wife's massage parlour said that Rod is a regular there.

He has been so destabilised by the fact that the yams have invented chips and the fact that Hibs are completely unable to match this big red coo thing that is funding the charity thieves entire future he is now walking around the down market end of the city with a pencil sticking out of each nostril handing out our secret unaudited accounts to anyone who can prove they've taken a poppy from the tray without leaving a donation.

Keep it on here though in case it shows us in a bad light.

MGmick
09-06-2017, 08:13 PM
A customer in my cousins best friends wife's massage parlour said that Rod is a regular there.

He has been so destabilised by the fact that the yams have invented chips and the fact that Hibs are completely unable to match this big red coo thing that is funding the charity thieves entire future he is now walking around the down market end of the city with a pencil sticking out of each nostril handing out our secret unaudited accounts to anyone who can prove they've taken a poppy from the tray without leaving a donation.

Keep it on here though in case it shows us in a bad light.

Pure gen that.
It was the chips wot did it I heard:aok:

scoopyboy
09-06-2017, 08:37 PM

Or, heaven forbid putting another one up!!!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-06-2017, 08:48 PM

His dad is one of the biggest jambos you could ever meet. Certainly one of the good ones, but a massive jambo none the less.

Rivers Cuomo
09-06-2017, 09:08 PM

Ashdod want £2million for Marciano but would be willing to forgo this for the chance that we sell him for over £4million. How likely is that?

Thecat23
09-06-2017, 09:17 PM

Defo don't want £2m for Rocky, Whitty's old man is a Jambo as stated by another poster. The Rangers haven't offered a single penny for him.

The_Horde
09-06-2017, 09:34 PM
If he signs for us he's the best right back we've had since Steven Whittaker.

And if he signs for them he could never lace SDG's boots.

Sir David Gray
09-06-2017, 09:34 PM

There's no danger that Marciano will be sold for £2 million.

CraigHibee
09-06-2017, 09:57 PM
No offence but I doubt rod would be disclosing such information to outsiders 💩

NorthRoadHibee
10-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Shot down in flames here 😂 Not claiming to be ITK, just passing on what I've been toldc by a member/shareholder who is in regular contact with Rod. Ashdod asked for 2 million but obviously there is zero chance us ever paying that for anybody

Viva_Palmeiras
10-06-2017, 02:18 AM

But he does have a wicked sense of humour and is a bit of a wind-up merchant... ;)

Dunbar Hibee
12-06-2017, 01:06 AM
DunbarHibeey, not to be confused with Dunbar Hibee!!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-06-2017, 05:12 AM
DunbarHibeey, not to be confused with Dunbar Hibee!!

Never really understood why folks do that...

Wembley67
12-06-2017, 06:26 AM
Never really understood why folks do that...

Come from Dunbar? I know, it is awfully unfortunate.

The Falcon
12-06-2017, 06:51 AM

Rod probably doesnt disclose such information to insiders!

MacGruber
12-06-2017, 07:21 AM
He's on holiday and no decision until he's back
The 2 clubs south have both dropped their interest.
His preference is still.Hibs but Hearts are more in the running than they were last week - I don't know what they've said/offered for that to be the case. Still expect him at Hibs next season but a bit more worried of the Hearts interest than before.

CraigHibee
12-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Rod probably doesnt disclose such information to insiders!

haha yeah that as well mate

GloryGlory
12-06-2017, 07:59 AM
He's on holiday and no decision until he's back
The 2 clubs south have both dropped their interest.
His preference is still.Hibs but Hearts are more in the running than they were last week - I don't know what they've said/offered for that to be the case. Still expect him at Hibs next season but a bit more worried of the Hearts interest than before.

Three year v two year deal?

MacGruber
12-06-2017, 08:20 AM

I don't know

Heisenberg
13-06-2017, 09:53 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1142952/hibs-rangers-norwich-steven-whittaker/

S4uzee
13-06-2017, 10:10 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1142952/hibs-rangers-norwich-steven-whittaker/

Kyle Lafferty at the end of the article 😳

HibsNutter
13-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Our defensive options will be by far the best in Scotland outside of Celtic if we can secure Whittaker. Just need to make sure we replace JC and get a couple of quality players in further up the park and we're set - assuming we get Rocky.

Jones28
13-06-2017, 10:14 PM

It's got to be hearts, with their inferiority complex they'll have offered him an 8 year deal and first pick of the best cakes at the fundraisers they'll be hosting to pay for it.

G B Young
13-06-2017, 10:18 PM

...another one 'also said to be interesting Hearts'. It seems that when it comes to a lot of our signing targets it's a battle between us and Hearts. Are there no other clubs interested? Or do Hearts just shadow our scouts in the hope of finding better players than most of the dross Levein has signed?

truehibernian
13-06-2017, 10:58 PM
...another one 'also said to be interesting Hearts'. It seems that when it comes to a lot of our signing targets it's a battle between us and Hearts. Are there no other clubs interested? Or do Hearts just shadow our scouts in the hope of finding better players than most of the dross Levein has signed?

Without doubt - Levein and Gardiner were doing cartwheels thinking they'd done Hibs over with Bikey - that turned out well :greengrin

There's absolutely no doubt Craig Levein wants any opportunity to undermine Hibs, hence that is why he and Hearts won't be successful. Tunnel vision and parochial thinking will keep Hearts from progressing, so for me, hope they keep him there for a long time.

Pretty sure John Colquhoun does too :greengrin

Captain Trips
13-06-2017, 11:04 PM
If we can get SW this I think could be a catalyst even though sold JC this could show we mean business here.

SCHAEDYSHORTS
13-06-2017, 11:07 PM

Hearts could offer 3, 4 or 5 years but he would be certain to be paid for all of his contract with us, unlike them :titanic:

Vault Boy
13-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Would be great to see Whitts back in a Hibs shirt.

California-Hibs
14-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Honestly, this will be a huge signing if we pull this off. He's only 32! I reckon we'll get a few really good years out him.

SirDavidsNapper
14-06-2017, 04:12 AM
Honestly, this will be a huge signing if we pull this off. He's only 32! I reckon we'll get a few really good years out him.

Yup he's definatley no Finnish

Ozyhibby
14-06-2017, 06:23 AM
The age thing is a concern for me but no doubting his pedigree. So long as he is not slowing down then he will be a first pick every week.
Only 26 games over last two seasons though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Fantastic signing

I'm wondering though, if Whitty will be brought in to play either right wing, or centre mid?

With the sheer volume of defenders we have, I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert back to a back 3 (Hanlon/McGregor/Gray) with Lewy and Whitty in the full back positions and Efe pushed in to a central midfield role?

The numbers just don't add up. Hopefully get an indication during pre season

MB62
14-06-2017, 07:53 AM
It's got to be hearts, with their inferiority complex they'll have offered him an 8 year deal and first pick of the best cakes at the fundraisers they'll be hosting to pay for it.

And they've got chips too, it's a done deal he's signing for them :boo hoo:

Deansy
14-06-2017, 07:55 AM

God - Nooooooooooooooo !!

Iain G
14-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Fantastic signing

I'm wondering though, if Whitty will be brought in to play either right wing, or centre mid?

With the sheer volume of defenders we have, I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert back to a back 3 (Hanlon/McGregor/Gray) with Lewy and Whitty in the full back positions and Efe pushed in to a central midfield role?

The numbers just don't add up. Hopefully get an indication during pre season

McGregor/Ambrose/Hanlon surely for the back 3? :agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
14-06-2017, 08:33 AM
I reckon kyle lafferty would be an excellent signing as it would take some of the load off the tea lady

brog
14-06-2017, 09:04 AM

Sickback are probably saying the same about us. We shouldn't get too excited, it really just means they're finally having to fish in the same pool as us & there's a limited number of catches available. What will really kill them will be if targets prefer us over them. Still, they have Malaury Martin on a long term contract!!

where'stheslope
14-06-2017, 09:06 AM
God - Nooooooooooooooo !!

This feels like Journalistic Licence, paper got you on a string so add other names to keep it going?????

Its just a part of the silly season, until players are standing in Easter Road with the shirt on, that's when you know a deal has been done!

Remember, "Talk is cheap" and it sells newspapers!!!!!!!

Diclonius
14-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Kyle Lafferty in a Hibs shirt makes me feel slightly nauseous. If anything sums up the word "Rangers" it's him.

On the other hand, he was good when he was up here? Though that was five years ago. What position does he even play as?

Ozyhibby
14-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Kyle Lafferty in a Hibs shirt makes me feel slightly nauseous. If anything sums up the word "Rangers" it's him.

On the other hand, he was good when he was up here? Though that was five years ago. What position does he even play as?

Not a prolific scorer but his link up play is good and he is fast. He would be a good fit for what Lennon wants. 6'4" and very aggressive. If we are going to bring in that type of player then lafferty is a good option.

JimBHibees
14-06-2017, 09:45 AM

I think he could be a decent signing especially if Lennon was to get him playing like he does for Michael Oneill in an international top

California-Hibs
14-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Few reports going around saying Whittaker has signed, 2 year deal. Anyone know if this is true?

.Sean.
14-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Few reports going around saying Whittaker has signed, 2 year deal. Anyone know if this is true?
I think he'll be announced and paraded tomorrow on the new kit.

euro Hibby
14-06-2017, 02:18 PM
His games played per season at Norwich shows an average of 20 games per season. Nevertheless, good experienced professional who can cover a number of positions.
I guess it is wait and see now.

Earlydelivery
14-06-2017, 02:20 PM
It's done .

KWJ
14-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Funny one.

I loved Whittaker at Hibs and he's one of those players that I've been happy to see do well at Scotland, Norwich and even Rangers to an extent.

I look forward to seeing him again for Hibs and I'm delighted if we beat Hearts and Rangers too him but....

It's just slightly tempered should he be putting SDG onto the bench. Hopefully we get good cup runs once again and we need to be able to use the full squad and really this is a great thing that there's so many players within the squad that I want to see out on the pitch representing the Hibees.
:hibees

SMAXXA
14-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Maybe he will be pressed modelling the new strip at the launch

CorrieHibs
14-06-2017, 02:34 PM
I think he could be a decent signing especially if Lennon was to get him playing like he does for Michael Oneill in an international top

The article says hibs "were" weighing it up but not pursing. Lafferty also has a more lucrative deal overseas.

hibs#1
14-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Lafferty would be great signing as a player not sure what he's like as a person.so can't comment on that.think it's highly doubtful he'd come anyway.the money on offer to him else where will be huge in comparison to what we could offer.

California-Hibs
14-06-2017, 02:53 PM
It's done .

Source?

Earlydelivery
14-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Source?
Just a good friend , who's in the know . And still talking to Andreu .

Sean1875
14-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Funny one.

I loved Whittaker at Hibs and he's one of those players that I've been happy to see do well at Scotland, Norwich and even Rangers to an extent.

I look forward to seeing him again for Hibs and I'm delighted if we beat Hearts and Rangers too him but....

It's just slightly tempered should he be putting SDG onto the bench. Hopefully we get good cup runs once again and we need to be able to use the full squad and really this is a great thing that there's so many players within the squad that I want to see out on the pitch representing the Hibees.
:hibees

I cant remember a time in my whole time supporting Hibs that we've had such a choice of high quality defenders at our disposal... think its the most confident ive ever felt for us to keep clean sheets!

StevieT
14-06-2017, 04:01 PM
I cant remember a time in my whole time supporting Hibs that we've had such a choice of high quality defenders at our disposal... think its the most confident ive ever felt for us to keep clean sheets!

Agreed.....just need to get Rocky signed up

Elephant Stone
14-06-2017, 04:30 PM

We could play them all at the same time as well, depending on who we're playing against and how we want to play. I hope we try:

Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker Ambrose

RM McGinn LM

ST

Whittaker and Ambrose are quality defenders, that's like a layer of defence in front of the defence. Whittaker is brilliant going forward and Ambrose looks capable of that as well. Think someone said he actually plays DM for Nigeria already. We've got options to fill those attacking midfield places: Boyle, Swanson and McGeouch are all good enough to fight for places in there. On top of that I reckon we'll need at the very least another 1 creative/goal scoring midfielder and 2 strikers, 3 if we sell Cummings. And finally I'd sign some competition for left back if there is any money left over. If we do our business wisely we will have a very strong squad.

ruthven_raiders
14-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Just a good friend , who's in the know . And still talking to Andreu .

He's in Dubai so won't be signing till he's back, all his family are moving back to Edinburgh as house has been refurbished

bingo70
14-06-2017, 05:04 PM
He's in Dubai so won't be signing till he's back, all his family are moving back to Edinburgh as house has been refurbished

Whittaker or Andreu?

ruthven_raiders
14-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Whittaker or Andreu?

Whittaker

HoboHarry
14-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Why can't he sign electronically? Happens all the time.......

thebausburst
14-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Whittaker or Andreu?

Andrew for me, don't get the Whittaker love in, decent player but it's not really an exciting signing :dunno:

neil7908
14-06-2017, 06:18 PM
I want him to sign and if we get him and Marciano our defence will be incredible.

Having said that, it's not a position I'd say we are short of numbers in.

If he joins that'll be 3 potential first choice right backs - Whittaker, Gray, Ambrose. 5 centre backs - Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Fontaine and Forster.

But only one left back (Lewis).

I know the window is still young but I just hope we don't end up overloaded with defenders on decent wages.

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Whittaker or Andreu?

I'd be gutted if our replacement strikers ended up being Murray and Andreu, never been impressed with Andreu any time I've seen him. Have to wait and see but with record ST sales I would be very disappointed with this. Time will tell I suppose.

hibees 7062
14-06-2017, 06:37 PM
I want him to sign and if we get him and Marciano our defence will be incredible.

Having said that, it's not a position I'd say we are short of numbers in.

If he joins that'll be 3 potential first choice right backs - Whittaker, Gray, Ambrose. 5 centre backs - Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Fontaine and Forster.

But only one left back (Lewis).

I know the window is still young but I just hope we don't end up overloaded with defenders on decent wages.

Whittaker and Fontaine can play left back

ruthven_raiders
14-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Why can't he sign electronically? Happens all the time.......

Maybe he can, maybe he just wants to relax on holiday with family and sign when back home 😊

Andy74
14-06-2017, 06:56 PM
I'd be gutted if our replacement strikers ended up being Murray and Andreu, never been impressed with Andreu any time I've seen him. Have to wait and see but with record ST sales I would be very disappointed with this. Time will tell I suppose.

Andreu isn't a striker.

hibs#1
14-06-2017, 07:11 PM

And hanlon and whittaker.

D'oh just hanlon then.😣

Real Emerald
14-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Andreu isn't a striker.

Phew :greengrin

neil7908
14-06-2017, 07:20 PM

I've never seen Fontaine at left back and can't imagine it. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid centre back but no way is mobile enough or good enough going forward to play full back.

I know Whittaker can operate on the left but not a fan of full backs playing on their wrong side. A last option IMO.

CMurdoch
15-06-2017, 04:13 PM
From Jambo KB Whittaker to Hibs a done deal but he is on holiday until 28th and contracted at Norwich until 30th.
Accordngly it might be a couple of weeks until contract signed and deal announced.

Speedway
15-06-2017, 04:25 PM
I thought Norwich had released him?

Andy74
15-06-2017, 04:28 PM

More a case of not renewing when his deal comes to an end.

beensaidbefore
15-06-2017, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=neil7908;5070631]I've never seen Fontaine at left back and can't imagine it. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid centre back but no way is mobile enough or good enough going forward to play full back.

I know Whittaker can operate on the left but not a fan of full backs playing on their wrong side. A last option IMO.[/QUOTE

Did whittaker not play left back for Scotland?

The_Horde
15-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Did whittaker not play left back for Scotland?

He did. But then Craig Levein has managed Scotland and Garry Kenneth has caps.

snooky
15-06-2017, 08:24 PM
He did. But then Craig Levein has managed Scotland and Garry Kenneth has caps.
And also played Casper as a lone striker.

J-C
15-06-2017, 08:29 PM
And hanlon and whittaker.

D'oh just hanlon then.😣

And Crane

Vault Boy
16-06-2017, 01:16 AM

Out of contract on the 30th. He's been announced as not being retained is all.

Marco G
16-06-2017, 07:31 AM
And also played Casper as a lone striker.
But at that time he was only a shadow of his former self and Levein did not think we had a ghost' s chance if we went with a normal formation?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

AllyT
16-06-2017, 08:07 AM
From Jambo KB Whittaker to Hibs a done deal but he is on holiday until 28th and contracted at Norwich until 30th.
Accordngly it might be a couple of weeks until contract signed and deal announced.

Surely we would get him to sign a pre-contract agreement?

mutley
18-06-2017, 10:14 PM

It's weird because there is also a thread on JBK that he has signed for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CMurdoch
18-06-2017, 10:21 PM
It's weird because there is also a thread on JBK that he has signed for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is much pish spouted on JKB and hibs.net
We all try to sort the wheat from the cack based on the source poster and their track record.
It's all a game.