PDA

View Full Version : (YAMS) James Collins!

Forza Fred
04-06-2017, 12:58 AM
Report circulating that Hearts are interested in signing former Hibs reject and renowned horse racing fan, James Collins, currently with Crawley Town.

Seems a bit far fetched for me, but please let it be true!

hfc rd
04-06-2017, 01:53 AM
Report circulating that Hearts are interested in signing former Hibs reject and renowned horse racing fan, James Collins, currently with Crawley Town.

Seems a bit far fetched for me, but please let it be true!

Please, please be true!

http://m.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/coventry-to-compete-with-luton-for-striker-s-signature/story-30369676-detail/story.html

The above article states that it is Luton Town and Coventry City that are after him, can't see anything regarding yam interest.

Mibbes Aye
04-06-2017, 02:34 AM
He didn't exactly set scoring records for us but he worked hard IIRC.

His track record outwith Hibs, at several clubs, has been consistent. He's a 1 in 3 goalscorer and he's upped that with Crawley, but it's all been English third or fourth-tier.

I suspect he's the kind of player who could have a glorious season or two if he finds the right club, albeit I'm not sure at which level - he can score, that's obvious by his record, he just needs to find the right spot in the right team at the right time.

Hopefully it's not with them.

Forza Fred
04-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Please, please be true!

http://m.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/coventry-to-compete-with-luton-for-striker-s-signature/story-30369676-detail/story.html

The above article states that it is Luton Town and Coventry City that are after him, can't see anything regarding yam interest.

Read your post and immediately tried to find the post...but can't!!

Didn't make it up, but either the post has been taken down, OR I possibly misread it.

It DID include other clubs who were interested in him, of which Luton and Coventry were also mentioned, but I can't now support my original statement, with any supporting post!

Maybe I did in fact misread it, as I thought at the time it was a bit bizarre....hence why I posted it.

ColintonHibs
04-06-2017, 04:52 AM
He didn't exactly set scoring records for us but he worked hard IIRC.

His track record outwith Hibs, at several clubs, has been consistent. He's a 1 in 3 goalscorer and he's upped that with Crawley, but it's all been English third or fourth-tier.

I suspect he's the kind of player who could have a glorious season or two if he finds the right club, albeit I'm not sure at which level - he can score, that's obvious by his record, he just needs to find the right spot in the right team at the right time.

Hopefully it's not with them.

He's ****

I remember him missing numerous times in huge games from 1-6 yards out

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 07:02 AM
Hope this is true.

makaveli1875
04-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Collins has been banging the goals in since he left us

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Collins has been banging the goals in since he left us

In the 3 years since he left us he has a record of approximately a goal every 3 games mainly in the English League Two.

The Scottish Premiership is several levels above that league so that record holds no fears for me.

Jones28
04-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Please let them sign the useless piss slinger, he was absolutely ****.

berwickhibee
04-06-2017, 08:51 AM
To be fair,any striker would have struggled under butcher at Hibs. What I will say is James Collins never hid and always gave his all,in a rank team.

Smartie
04-06-2017, 08:56 AM
He was pish for us, but to be fair he was in the least creative Hibs team I've ever seen. Any striker would have struggled in it.

Collins might have goals in him if the conditions and players surrounding him were right. I don't for a minute think that would be the case at Hearts, a club better known for big windows and chips than for creating lots of chances for strikers.

frazeHFC
04-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Hope he doesn't sign for them as it's an absolute certainty he'll only be a 6 goal a season striker but all 6 will come against us. :panic:

Diclonius
04-06-2017, 09:17 AM
James Collins might have been pish but he still scored in a derby. I have no doubt if he signs for them that he'll repeat the feat.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Hearts are on their way to building one of the best mediocre teams in recent history, Collins will help them make it all the quicker. :thumbsup:

Sergey
04-06-2017, 09:28 AM
In the 3 years since he left us he has a record of approximately a goal every 3 games mainly in the English League Two.

The Scottish Premiership is several levels above that league so that record holds no fears for me.

Can I ask what league (several levels above you mention) that the likes of Hamilton and Ross County would be competitive in in England?

matty_f
04-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Can I ask what league (several levels above you mention) that the likes of Hamilton and Ross County would be competitive in in England?

Top flight.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 09:52 AM

I didn't say that all the teams in the Scottish Premiership were several levels above the teams in England's League Two, I'm saying that the standard of the Scottish Premiership is several levels above League Two in England.

Do you disagree with that?

For the record, I believe the two teams you mention would beat the majority of teams in England's League Two.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2017, 10:01 AM
He'd piss all over this league😉

Yam class, no doubt about it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sergey
04-06-2017, 10:08 AM
I didn't say that all the teams in the Scottish Premiership were several levels above the teams in England's League Two, I'm saying that the standard of the Scottish Premiership is several levels above League Two in England.

For the record, I believe the two teams you mention would beat the majority of teams in England's League Two.

The point your trying to make is completely subjective but I certainly wouldn't claim that the SPL is several levels above League Two in England. Yes, Celtic are a decent side who can compete at an international level (leaving the loss to a side from Gibraltar as a blip) but the standard of Scottish football is pretty grim. Players like Stokes can't even garner a starting berth at Blackburn. Logan was 2nd choice at Rochdale. There are a number of ex Hibs players now playing non-league. FFS, Hertz have just signed a cast-off from Tranmere Rovers. What standard is that setting exactly?

YMMV but the Scottish clubs records in European competition in the last 15 years speaks volumes. Our clubs have been losing matches against sides from Malta and Lichtenstein.

Keith_M
04-06-2017, 10:12 AM

You're asking somebody that considers the "Vanarama National League" to be better quality that the Scottish Premier, so don't get your hopes up of an agreement.

MyJo
04-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Worst striker I have ever seen at Easter road and seems like an absolute welt of a person to boot.

Would fit in really well at the wongadome, hope this is true

tamig
04-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Worst striker I have ever seen at Easter road and seems like an absolute welt of a person to boot.

Worst striker? Never in a million years.

Heisenberg
04-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Both teams would comfortably win league two.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Footballer who needs played in a front two who was played in a loan role. Maybe not the most gifted boy but how many players thrive when played to their weaknesses rather than strengths?

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
A Collins-Stockton striking partnership could be worth a few goals. Literally.

LaMotta
04-06-2017, 04:33 PM

Agreed. :agree:

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 04:34 PM
What fee would be required for Hearts to sign him

Golden Bear
04-06-2017, 04:37 PM
At this rate, the hawrts are heading for a first team squad of about 0762 players.

Steve20
04-06-2017, 04:39 PM

He wasn't even the worst striker we had that season.

Golden Bear
04-06-2017, 04:49 PM
What fee would be required for Hearts to sign him

Possibly zero, maybe they've discovered another dodgy cross border scam.

I don't suppose JC is on JC's books by any chance?

:greengrin

:wink:

hibs#1
04-06-2017, 05:13 PM
He wasn't even the worst striker we had that season.

Correct Rowan vine was horrific.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Danny Haynes and Rowan Vine were both classed as strikers that season and they were a lot worse than Collins. That's in no way a compliment to Collins either.

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Danny Haynes and Rowan Vine were both classed as strikers that season and they were a lot worse than Collins. That's in no way a compliment to Collins either.

Did Haynes play at the same time as Collins?

Hiber-nation
04-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Definitely, I remember the pair of them "linking up" in a 3-3 draw with Motherwell when Nelson scored.

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Definitely, I remember the pair of them "linking up" in a 3-3 draw with Motherwell when Nelson scored.

Thanks

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 05:48 PM

Incredibly they did in about 4 or 5 games.

You won't be surprised to hear that we didn't actually win any of these games. :rolleyes:

emerald green
04-06-2017, 06:16 PM

He was maybe not the worst, but Collins would be right up there in any list of complete donkeys. He was useless. Watching him trying to receive a ball and control it was hard to watch. Touch like an elephant. Not a good footballer.

He's maybe found his level at Crawley Town, and would do so at the PBS.

The Spaceman
04-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Woeful carthorse of a striker and seemingly a bit of a c**k who played an integral part in our relegation.

Please sign for the yams.

Hibby Bairn
04-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Rowan Vine CF v Malmö. 😳

jgl07
04-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Both teams would comfortably win league two.
Wishful thinking.

Hamilton wouldn't come anywhere near Portsmouth or Plymouth.

I doubt they would be allowed to even enter with their excuse for a stadium.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Wishful thinking.

Hamilton wouldn't come anywhere near Portsmouth or Plymouth.

I doubt they would be allowed to even enter with their excuse for a stadium.

I think they would be fine considering they let in Accrington Stanley https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/the-crown-ground/accrington-stanley Cambridge https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/the-abbey-stadium/cambridge-united/cambridge-regional-college and Crawley https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/the-broadfield-stadium/crawley-town

IberianHibernian
04-06-2017, 08:34 PM
Collins was far from great for us but was clearly signed in hope he`d be a success and be sold on at a big profit . That didn`t happen but his scoring record in a higher division was better than others we`ve used as strikers in a lower division in the last 3 years . If he`d stayed after relegation I reckon he might have scored as many as Cummings has in lower division and certainly more than Holt , Graham or Boyle have .

Sergey
04-06-2017, 09:03 PM
You're asking somebody that considers the "Vanarama National League" to be better quality that the Scottish Premier, so don't get your hopes up of an agreement.

It may (or may not) have escaped your attention that TWO teams from the Vanarama National League happened to reach the QF of this year's FA Cup.

I wouldn't put money on the likes of Hearts or Motherwell (or probably 10 out of the 12 in the current SPL doing likewise is said competition).

I won't get my hopes up of an agreement either.

Sir David Gray
04-06-2017, 09:40 PM
It may (or may not) have escaped your attention that TWO teams from the Vanarama National League happened to reach the QF of this year's FA Cup.

I wouldn't put money on the likes of Hearts or Motherwell (or probably 10 out of the 12 in the current SPL doing likewise is said competition).

One team (Lincoln) got to the quarter finals, the other team (Sutton Utd) were knocked out in the last 16.

Having said that they both did well and beat some good teams during their journey, I'll certainly give you that.

Sergey
04-06-2017, 09:54 PM
One team (Lincoln) got to the quarter finals, the other team (Sutton Utd) were knocked out in the last 16.

Having said that they both did well and beat some good teams during their journey, I'll certainly give you that.

You are indeed correct. Arsenal beat them both and I had a brain fart.

I do know Danny Cowley well (Lincoln manager) and he could easily put out a side that would compete in the SPL. In fact, they would be a good bet for winning League 2 next season at tasty odds.

This is now way off topic and James Collins is still dross.

O'Rourke3
04-06-2017, 09:56 PM

And a 40/1 shot won the Derby. Doesn't mean it would win every week over same course and distance.

Keyser Sauzee
04-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Does any1 know how the yams are taking this rumour?

Onion
04-06-2017, 10:51 PM
To call him a striker is a breach of trades description, and awful footballer who we embarrassingly paid £200,000 for :rolleyes:

Baader
05-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Utter rubbish and a compete cart horse of a centre forward.

Hopefully we can falsely make out we're interested in bringing him back, thus fooling the Gorgie mob into signing him.

SirDavidsNapper
05-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Quite funny if true. Hearts have had 2 seasons and 4 transfer windows to really push on and stamp their authority on us but they've failed miserably. We're now up, have better players, better manager and a really settled squad which is only getting stronger. They're sniffing about our rejects and players from English obscurity.

hibsbollah
05-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Just seeing his name brings it all back. The fear, loathing and aching disappointment. Like seeing a parking ticket on your windscreen.

Please sign for them , James.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Why bother constantly comparing Scottish football to England? Just enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
05-06-2017, 11:31 AM
And James Collins is s****. Hope the yams sign him.

Jim Herriot
05-06-2017, 07:31 PM
It's very rare that my local paper has any relevant info but...

Hearts "linked with" Conor Newton, released by Cambridge United
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-eyeing-up-ex-rotherham-13133387

and, incidentally,

Cambridge United have signed ex-Hibee Gary Deegan
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/could-gary-deegan-become-cambridge-13131002

Ozyhibby
05-06-2017, 09:07 PM
It's very rare that my local paper has any relevant info but...

Hearts "linked with" Conor Newton, released by Cambridge United
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-eyeing-up-ex-rotherham-13133387

and, incidentally,

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/could-gary-deegan-become-cambridge-13131002

A league two reject? The yams are really going for it now. [emoji23]

jacomo
05-06-2017, 11:03 PM

I'd forgotten all about him. Never the same after he got assaulted out in George St, funnily enough.

heretoday
06-06-2017, 07:47 AM
One from the same Dept of Bad Memories - Gary Deegan has moved on a free from Shrewsbury to Cambridge. I like to see myself as a leader, he says.

Michael
06-06-2017, 07:52 AM
To call him a striker is a breach of trades description, and awful footballer who we embarrassingly paid £200,000 for :rolleyes:

It later came out that he was "only" about £90,000.

SirDavidsNapper
06-06-2017, 08:10 AM
One from the same Dept of Bad Memories - Gary Deegan has moved on a free from Shrewsbury to Cambridge. I like to see myself as a leader, he says.

I actually quite liked Deegan. Struggled after his broken jaw.

heretoday
06-06-2017, 01:23 PM

That's true actually I forgot. It's the era he played in that brings back dark thoughts!

Saint Hibee
06-06-2017, 02:45 PM

I, too, think Deegan did okay for us. Collins on the other hand was complete mince. Mistimed his jump every time.

SirDavidsNapper
06-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I, too, think Deegan did okay for us. Collins on the other hand was complete mince. Mistimed his jump every time.
Yup terrible player. Still managed a goal against Hearts though 🤣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
06-06-2017, 03:52 PM

Yep, he was limited but he did well doing the dirty work behind Claros, IIRC those two seemed to be a good pairing for a while.

Humo
06-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Yep, he was limited but he did well doing the dirty work behind Claros, IIRC those two seemed to be a good pairing for a while.

Scored some goal against the sheep an all

hibsbollah
06-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Scored some goal against the sheep an all

I remember Fenlon saying he'd never scored a goal like that in training before and he wont ever again:greengrin