PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Legends v Hearts Legends

fat freddy
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
I was at Paties Rd today for the charity legends match. It ended 5-4 to Hearts after the ref gave a late penalty to Hearts when the ball was smacked into Steve Cowans shoulder, a bizzare decision which tainted an otherwise interesting day in the sun.
Both teams consisted of mostly fans who paid to play with a smattering of legends, Hibs having Cowan, Garry O'Connor and Kevin Harper. Hearts had Jose Quintongo and Joe Hammil? didnt recognise anyone else, Garry scored with a header and a penalty, Harper with a nice run and shot, dont know the other scorer. Hearts best player was a No.5, a soldier invited to play, some jambo told me Hibs are looking at him, he scored a couple and looked ok but the jambo had to be having a laugh about interest from Hibs.
Star player was Kevin Harper, very composed in midfield and looked a cut above everyone else.
Enjoyable afternoon with a decent crowd including up to around 100 kids from Edina Hibs, Tynecastle BC, AC Oxgangs and a few other clubs who acted as mascots providing the players with a guard of honour.
Ref had the final say with his daft decision to give Hearts a penalty. The game should have ended 4-4.

snooky
03-06-2017, 05:40 PM
I was at Paties Rd today for the charity legends match. It ended 5-4 to Hearts after the ref gave a late penalty to Hearts when the ball was smacked into Steve Cowans shoulder, a bizzare decision which tainted an otherwise interesting day in the sun.
Both teams consisted of mostly fans who paid to play with a smattering of legends, Hibs having Cowan, Garry O'Connor and Kevin Harper. Hearts had Jose Quintongo and Joe Hammil? didnt recognise anyone else, Garry scored with a header and a penalty, Harper with a nice run and shot, dont know the other scorer. Hearts best player was a No.5, a soldier invited to play, some jambo told me Hibs are looking at him, he scored a couple and looked ok but the jambo had to be having a laugh about interest from Hibs.
Star player was Kevin Harper, very composed in midfield and looked a cut above everyone else.
Enjoyable afternoon with a decent crowd including up to around 100 kids from Edina Hibs, Tynecastle BC, AC Oxgangs and a few other clubs who acted as mascots providing the players with a guard of honour.
Ref had the final say with his daft decision to give Hearts a penalty. The game should have ended 4-4.

Was the ref Hearts' legend CT?