aussie_hibee
02-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Great wee listen and insight. From KTs perspective obviously

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Rod. The side less seen....

Topographic Hibby
02-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Very interesting. KT speaks very well. Collins next please........

Jonnyboy
02-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Enjoyed that. Obviously a good rapport between Kev and Si and that made the whole thing more relaxed and a better watch

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Is that Simon Ferry who played for Celtic then went down south?

kevinc
02-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Is that Simon Ferry who played for Celtic then went down south?
Yes it is.

lyonhibs
03-06-2017, 04:53 AM
Very interesting. Could do with calming his jets with the over usage of the phrase "as such" though:greengrin

Heisenberg
03-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Very interesting. Could do with calming his jets with the over usage of the phrase "as such" though:greengrin

That annoyed me way more than it should have when he did the interview with the Hibs supporters club. Used it at the end of nearly every bloody sentence!

mjhibby
03-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Very interesting interviews. Seems a very good talker and just a pity it turned out as it did especially as he such a big hibby.

superfurryhibby
03-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Used once or twice, I think we can forgive that.

Thomson interviews well. I would love to hear Collins spwaking about that time. I wonder if he has any regrets about how he managed things?

Big L
03-06-2017, 01:37 PM
John Collins knew the minute Thompson & Brown got Willie Mackay as their agent he would have trouble keeping them at Hibs! Collins like any manager reacted and tried to hold on to the two of them. He had to contend with Thompson, Brown and MacKay on one side and the money hungry git RP on the other. That was a fight JC was never going to win, plus his inexperience played a big part in the way he went about things. The info that came out was Thomo was the agitator, well coached by MacKay and I believe that to be the case. They wanted the big money and a bigger club and they worked towards that end. Thompson knew exactly what he was about and it wouldn't surprise me if Petrie knew as well. RP treated JC badly, promising him players when the Thomo & Brown money came in and then reneging. All Tomo is trying to do is make himself look like the innocent in this " we were just young lads, we didn't know what was going on " bull ---t!!

Navids Numpties
03-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Did he win the SC with us? Shame if he was gone by then.

Big L
03-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Did he not win the SC with us? Shame if he was gone by then.

He did, Lewis Stevenson M.O.M

CockneyRebel
03-06-2017, 01:50 PM

That was the League(Skol) cup

Big L
03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
That was the League(Skol) cup

That's the one I'm referring to, sorry if you thought otherwise.

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 02:30 PM
That's the one I'm referring to, sorry if you thought otherwise.

You're wrong then aren't you? He never won a medal with Hibs unless he got one for the Scottish and it appears not.

Big L
03-06-2017, 02:39 PM
You're wrong then aren't you? He never won a medal with Hibs unless he got one for the Scottish and it appears not.

He was the manager when we won the league cup, are you saying otherwise?

FRes Hibbie
03-06-2017, 02:40 PM

He didn't. He left in January, we won the LC in March. He was replaceable.

Big L
03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
FFS Confusion reigns!

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 02:47 PM
FFS Confusion reigns!

It's only confusing if you're talking about anyone other than Kevin Thomson. SC doesn't abbreviate like LC. Or JC.

Big L
03-06-2017, 02:50 PM
It's only confusing if you're talking about anyone other than Kevin Thomson. SC doesn't abbreviate like LC. Or JC.
I'm talking about John Collins!

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm talking about John Collins!

Semi Final of the SC was as close as it got then, so end of confusion. Rest now.

heidtheba
03-06-2017, 05:19 PM
I really enjoyed that - and I didn't expect to.
KT came across really well and I hope his academy is a real success.

Liam89
05-06-2017, 11:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Eq2rEvu-A

Episode 3 of the interview. KT says that the Keith Jackson headline about walking along the M8 on broken glass was entirely made up.

Ozyhibby
05-06-2017, 11:28 AM
KT and dressing room unrest at Easter road seem to go hand in hand. Even his 3rd spell ended with the offer of a coaching role being withdrawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
05-06-2017, 11:36 AM
KT and dressing room unrest at Easter road seem to go hand in hand. Even his 3rd spell ended with the offer of a coaching role being withdrawn.

Did that not arise from a change of Management though?

Iceman1875
05-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Did that not arise from a change of Management though?

According to his Dad it was, from Stubbs to Lennon, John.

cmcd
06-06-2017, 09:00 AM
John Collins knew the minute Thompson & Brown got Willie Mackay as their agent he would have trouble keeping them at Hibs! Collins like any manager reacted and tried to hold on to the two of them. He had to contend with Thompson, Brown and MacKay on one side and the money hungry git RP on the other. That was a fight JC was never going to win, plus his inexperience played a big part in the way he went about things. The info that came out was Thomo was the agitator, well coached by MacKay and I believe that to be the case. They wanted the big money and a bigger club and they worked towards that end. Thompson knew exactly what he was about and it wouldn't surprise me if Petrie knew as well. RP treated JC badly, promising him players when the Thomo & Brown money came in and then reneging. All Tomo is trying to do is make himself look like the innocent in this " we were just young lads, wYhe only e didn't know what was going on " bull ---t!!

The only bull---t is coming out of your mouth

GloryGlory
06-06-2017, 09:09 AM

Episode 3 of the interview. KT says that the Keith Jackson headline about walking along the M8 on broken glass was entirely made up.

The Daily Ranger making things up? Well I never!

:greengrin

Big L
06-06-2017, 11:29 AM
The only bull---t is coming out of your mouth

Your the bull-----r on here! Why don't you try picking up on points so they can be duscussed rather than mouthing crap!

Sammy7nil
06-06-2017, 12:29 PM

Did he sue or seek a retraction can't recall th DR printing an apology

cmcd
06-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Your the bull-----r on here! Why don't you try picking up on points so they can be duscussed rather than mouthing crap!

Mouthing Crap ? Your post was full of it .Unless you were at ER at the time you were only posting what you think and not the facts .Only a handful of people know exactly what went on and quite obviously you are not one of them

JimBHibees
06-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Did he sue or seek a retraction can't recall th DR printing an apology

Why would he sue he got what he wanted? Does show you to what lengths the Rangers fanzine goes to to help their club though. Succulent lamb indeed.

silverhibee
06-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Mouthing Crap ? Your post was full of it .Unless you were at ER at the time you were only posting what you think and not the facts .Only a handful of people know exactly what went on and quite obviously you are not one of them

Was KT paid by the DR for doing the column, and did the club ever ask to see what was being written before it went to press.

Big L
06-06-2017, 02:17 PM

The whole club and the fans knew what was going on, so did the press. He was told not come in to training, he went in every day to get in Collins face! The minute he arrived at Ibrox he was telling the papers that was where he wanted to be and woudn't have considered any other offers, then he says he would be over the moon, delighted if Scott Brown could join him at Ibrox. He was still agitating after he left Hibs. He was in for the coaching job at Ibrox, never got it. Obviously feels he has to clean up his image. Good luck wi that!br

cmcd
06-06-2017, 02:40 PM
The whole club and the fans knew what was going on, so did the press. He was told not come in to training, he went in every day to get in Collins face! The minute he arrived at Ibrox he was telling the papers that was where he wanted to be and woudn't have considered any other offers, then he says he would be over the moon, delighted if Scott Brown could join him at Ibrox. He was still agitating after he left Hibs. He was in for the coaching job at Ibrox, never got it. Obviously feels he has to clean up his image. Good luck wi that!br

And that's where the problem is some supporters think they know what's going on and at the end of the day the only people who do know are those involved. At the end of the day KT gave his all for the club over 3 different periods . It took balls for him to come back to the club after all that was said about him . Just another thought . Without him in the dressing v Falkirk in the semi we would never have reached the final . He also headed the ball of the line v Hearts which helped us to the final and last but not least he played for free for a while . I just don't understand why it's always the negatives that are brought up and the positives are ignored

Big L
06-06-2017, 02:48 PM
And that's where the problem is some supporters think they know what's going on and at the end of the day the only people who do know are those involved. At the end of the day KT gave his all for the club over 3 different periods . It took balls for him to come back to the club after all that was said about him . Just another thought . Without him in the dressing v Falkirk in the semi we would never have reached the final . He also headed the ball of the line v Hearts which helped us to the final and last but not least he played for free for a while . I just don't understand why it's always the negatives that are brought up and the positives are ignored

Their would have been a hell of a lot more positives if the team had stayed together for another season or so, that's what makes so many fans angry about the way he went about it. Don't get me wrong, we are a selling club, always have been, always will be. I just feel that the expectation was so high at that time which made the disappointment much greater.

beensaidbefore
06-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Its a bit like your mates girlfriend leaving him for some guy that bullied him all his days, then telling everyone she always wanted to **** this guy, cos your mate was a shan ride. Then a few years later when she had been dumped, coming back to him half the woman she was. Meanwhile your mate has had plenty other birds and realised she wasn't that good after all. You're hardly gonna be singing her praises are you? Even of she now sings everyone's praises.

Maybe an unpalatable analogy for some but I think it illustrates why fans are reluctant to forgive and forget. He acted like a dick.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Its a bit like your mates girlfriend leaving him for some guy that bullied him all his days, then telling everyone she always wanted to **** this guy, cos your mate was a shan ride. Then a few years later when she had been dumped, coming back to him half the woman she was. Meanwhile your mate has had plenty other birds and realised she wasn't that good after all. You're hardly gonna be singing her praises are you? Even of she now sings everyone's praises.

Maybe an unpalatable analogy for some but I think it illustrates why fans are reluctant to forgive and forget. He acted like a dick.

To be fair that is a load of Tom Kite and as for acting like a dick, probably forgivable when you are so young and poorly advised.

Any fan who is unwilling to let bygones be bygones, I would say they are the one who are acting all dickish. The phrase "grow up" springs to mind.

Iceman1875
06-06-2017, 06:05 PM

What a terrible example to demonstrate your point.

KT is a Hibee. Always has been. He didn't have to but does explain what happened during that time when he moved to Rangers.
There is regret how it played out and how it came out in the press however, anyone that wouldn't move 'jobs' for 4/5 times their salary is kidding on. He moved to better himself and his career.

I loved when he came back the second and third time and will back him again if/when he ever comes back to our club.

beensaidbefore
06-06-2017, 06:17 PM
To be fair that is a load of Tom Kite and as for acting like a dick, probably forgivable when you are so young and poorly advised.

Any fan who is unwilling to let bygones be bygones, I would say they are the one who are acting all dickish. The phrase "grow up" springs to mind.

Sorry dad

beensaidbefore
06-06-2017, 06:19 PM
What a terrible example to demonstrate your point.

KT is a Hibee. Always has been. He didn't have to but does explain what happened during that time when he moved to Rangers.
There is regret how it played out and how it came out in the press however, anyone that wouldn't move 'jobs' for 4/5 times their salary is kidding on. He moved to better himself and his career.

I loved when he came back the second and third time and will back him again if/when he ever comes back to our club.

It was supposed to be a little light hearted. I thought it was quite funny.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Sorry dad

Forgiven son.

KT Is doing a decet job of raising his media profile. I think he speaks well and comes across as a soncere and decent guy. I would love to hear Collins and Craigs view on this era at Hibs. I wonder if Collins has regrets at how he managed his time at ER?

J-C
06-06-2017, 08:27 PM
IIRC didn't Petrie say both players were £2m players and the agent went back after just signing a new deal that if he thought they were worth £2m then maybe he should pay them a wage that matched that.

Big L
06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
IIRC didn't Petrie say both players were £2m players and the agent went back after just signing a new deal that if he thought they were worth £2m then maybe he should pay them a wage that matched that.

Jason Cummings, who like Tomo and Broony has come thru the ranks, is a £2Mil player, if not more. That kind of player could be on £8,000 a week. Do you think Hibs should increase his wages to that amount, which is well outwith the clubs wage structure?

J-C
06-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Jason Cummings, who like Tomo and Broony has come thru the ranks, is a £2Mil player, if not more. That kind of player could be on £8,000 a week. Do you think Hibs should increase his wages to that amount, which is well outwith the clubs wage structure?

That wasn't my point, Broony and KT had just signed a new deal and IIRC Rod said something about having 2 £2M players at the club and their agent said if that's the case give them more money to show that, I don't for one minute think they expected to get wages of £8K but it did start the whole process off back then.

Jason is a different kettle of fish, he's not played at the level the other 2 did and he signed a new and improved contract last season, no one has mentioned what he's worth as far as I know, I do expect some offers for him when the English window opens and he may well be gone. The £1.7m offer that came in for him was a lot less and with multiple add ons made up to 1.7m.

Big L
06-06-2017, 10:13 PM
That wasn't my point, Broony and KT had just signed a new deal and IIRC Rod said something about having 2 £2M players at the club and their agent said if that's the case give them more money to show that, I don't for one minute think they expected to get wages of £8K but it did start the whole process off back then.

Jason is a different kettle of fish, he's not played at the level the other 2 did and he signed a new and improved contract last season, no one has mentioned what he's worth as far as I know, I do expect some offers for him when the English window opens and he may well be gone. The £1.7m offer that came in for him was a lot less and with multiple add ons made up to 1.7m.

It didn't start the process, it was part of the process of getting Tomo & Broony out of ER. The agent did a very good job, he got both the players to bigger clubs and bigger wages just as he promised them at the meeting McGregor had set up, and he made Good cash for himself. So he was happy, the players were happy, the huns and the tic were happy, because they got two quality players and managed to disrupt Hibs who looked as if they might start to compete. STF & RP were happy, they got £6.4 Mill in to the coffers.
John Collins wasn't happy because he had been totally undermined and neither were the Hibs fans! And that's my last word on the subject.