PDA

View Full Version : Yams Cole Stockton

Ozyhibby
02-06-2017, 12:57 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/striker-cole-stockton-signs-two-year-deal-with-hearts-1-4464493

Signed for the yams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 01:11 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/striker-cole-stockton-signs-two-year-deal-with-hearts-1-4464493

Signed for the yams.

Obviously had to look at Wiki as I've never heard of him.

44 appearances and 15 goals in six years. That will get the Yams rushing to buy their season tickets.

Stevie Reid
02-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Obviously had to look at Wiki as I've never heard of him.

44 appearances and 15 goals in six years. That will get the Yams rushing to buy their season tickets.

His Soccerbase page is more accurate:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=63703

Loads of sub appearances but goals to starts ratio is good. Might turn out to be a good signing, we'll see - can't see him costing much in wages, so relatively low risk for them.

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2017, 01:19 PM
They bought a boy Cole Stockton, who got his hole in Saughton...

JDHibs
02-06-2017, 01:21 PM
This is like a signing you make on football manager when youre skint in the hope he comes up to the top level and smashes in 35 goals and you can sell him for £30m....

Oh wait, its Cathro, thats probably his plan...

lucky
02-06-2017, 01:21 PM
He's struggled to get a game in a non league team in England. Changed days for the Yams

CorrieHibs
02-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Good scoring ratio in League 2 though.

Collins and Dagnall score for fun in that league or even league 1. Can't mind what leagues they are in.

SRHibs
02-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Thank Christ he's not signing for us.

Col2
02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Cheap as CHIPS 🙃😉

Ozyhibby
02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
It's a massive step up from the National league to the SPFL.
19 career goals so far at 23. How many has Jason got at 20?

Col2
02-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Really starts to hurt when you need to manage within a budget while actually paying for something (stand).

Some will be praying for the Vlad days to come back.

WoreTheGreen
02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
He's bringing his deap fat frier that swayed it

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 01:33 PM
His Soccerbase page is more accurate:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=63703

Loads of sub appearances but goals to starts ratio is good. Might turn out to be a good signing, we'll see - can't see him costing much in wages, so relatively low risk for them.

So something like 168 games and 38 goals over 6 years by the looks of things. The majority of them being as a sub.

To think that some Jambo said that maybe at 23 he's trying to find his feet. So next year he should be able to tie his own laces.

Certainly changed times from the good old days when they didn't pay their bills and were fleecing the charities.

lucky
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Got this from a Rovers ST holder;

"He is ok for a forward who doesnt score many goals, i am surprised he has ended up in the spl, he has not really played at any decent level.

I can only assume they signed him on the back of his recent decent performances."

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Got this from a Rovers ST holder;

"He is ok for a forward who doesnt score many goals, i am surprised he has ended up in the spl, he has not really played at any decent level.

I can only assume they signed him on the back of his recent decent performances."

And the fact that there's no fee due according to their fans site. They don't seem to be that bothered about losing him and seemingly he was one of their fans scapegoats.

Not much to get excited about here - one good wee bit where one of the Tranmere fans pointed out they have a bigger capacity and better ground than Tynecastle amongst others. They probably don't know they are dealing with the famous here and one of their squads subs have been lucky enough to join the Gorgie galacticos. They should be basking in the glory.

Austinho
02-06-2017, 01:51 PM
My Tranmere supporting mate also tells he's been with the club since he was 11. And that Tranmere won't get any compensation for him because he's gone to a Scottish club instead of staying in England.

Typical Hearts really. If it's not charities they're stealing from, it's non-league teams.

hibs0666
02-06-2017, 01:52 PM
He's just a ****** Connor Sammon.

Col2
02-06-2017, 02:07 PM
He's just a ****** Connor Sammon.

Salmon has a stronger background than this boy

Geo_1875
02-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Good scoring ratio in League 2 though.

Collins and Dagnall score for fun in that league or even league 1. Can't mind what leagues they are in.

But did they score many for us?

CorrieHibs
02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
But did they score many for us?

No, that's my point.

Geo_1875
02-06-2017, 02:15 PM
No, that's my point.

Just clarifying. He did score something like 8 goals in 10 games but 5 were against Solihull and Dover. Wonder if he was asked to stay at Tranmere or just let go?

Albanian Hibs
02-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Look at the comments...

"Welcome Cole to Edinburgh's established premier side (There's a wee team from Leith just joined us from a donkey league that they've been stuck in for 3 seasons"

Another obsessed deluded weirdo 😂

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Look at the comments...

"Welcome Cole to Edinburgh's established premier side (There's a wee team from Leith just joined us from a donkey league that they've been stuck in for 3 seasons"

Take a pop down to leith and compare the grounds?

Presumably he knows which teams the poppy thieves [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pete
02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm hearing the guy turned up at Tynecastle looking for a job because he thought they were building a Tesco Extra there.

kevo1875
02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Look at the comments...

They really are bricking it from us , they can't stop worrying about how we are going to continue tearing them a new one everytime we play them

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Look at the comments...

A donkey league team? Shouldn't really knock them considering where they've signed their 25 goals a season forward from.

Certainly deluded. Would be funny if they ran out cash and couldn't complete their new stand. Ram your chips.

Stevie Reid
02-06-2017, 02:31 PM
It's a massive step up from the National league to the SPFL.
19 career goals so far at 23. How many has Jason got at 20?

To be fair, Stockton has scored twice as many goals as you have stated.

02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Good signing for hertz - heard he is lightning quick at peeling tatties

Big_Franck
02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
The days of signing players they couldn't afford have well and truly ended. Resorting to signing English non-league players is now their level. Pleasing.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 02:39 PM
They really are bricking it from us , they can't stop worrying about how we are going to continue tearing them a new one everytime we play them
If the schools are on holiday they could nip him round the training centre before the paying customers roll up in the evening.

Might be able to continue pretending it's theirs if they time it right and don't get kicked out

Billy Whizz
02-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Are Tranmere not non league?

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Are Tranmere not non league?
Yep. Failed to get out of the conference at last stage against Forest Green Rovers.

They're probably looking to replace this guy with the type of player who is good enough to get them out of that level.

SMAXXA
02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Good signing for hertz - heard he is lightning quick at peeling tatties

Aye but he can't play on artificial surfaces as he prefers to wear spuds

WoreTheGreen
02-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Is he a frying winger

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 03:19 PM
This shows the type of player you can attract when you go public about chips being available as part of the modernisation of one quarter of your ground.

The yams are leaving the rest of us behind again

Sioux
02-06-2017, 04:51 PM
A lot of the Yams are hooked. Vardy gets mentioned on too many occasions. It's quite funny that they now need to justify a nobody and pretend they have found a gem. They are now at a level that very few jambos ever thought was possible. Even more telling is that they don't want to criticise the budgie.

If you go shopping in the flea market, you get, well you get fleas. A few more of these and there may well be anarchy down by the greenhoose. Bring it on.

Waxy
02-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Have they signed him to help build the megastand?

Greencore
02-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Are chips a bonus in his contract?

Flanny boy
02-06-2017, 05:22 PM
A Morecambe fan at work said he was there at one point and described him as being average so he could be a big hit with the Muppets.GGTTH

Hfcwilson3192
02-06-2017, 05:41 PM

Signed for the yams.

The comments section it the bottom of this article should be on comedy central lol

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Great interview on STV news. "I'm big, fast, score loads of goals... Massive club.... Massive club"

Boy must've been reading off a cue card.

WoreTheGreen
02-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Did he get picked up at the airport in a chip van

PatHead
02-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Great interview on STV news. "I'm big, fast, score loads of goals... Massive club.... Massive club"

Did you notice he was attracted to hearts by Cathro's ambition to win cups. Yet he spoke to Austin hairy man. Wonder if he has ever spoken to the boy genius?

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 07:09 PM

"I'm a big, strong striker but not like a target man. I can do both. I’m very good at holding the ball up, I can bring players into play around the box, and I’m a goalscorer. Goals win games, don’t they? But I can create chances for others.”

Nothing like bigging yourself up eh.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2017, 07:15 PM
"I'm a big, strong striker but not like a target man. I can do both. I’m very good at holding the ball up, I can bring players into play around the box, and I’m a goalscorer. Goals win games, don’t they? But I can create chances for others.”

He's obviously been places then!

He's a legend..........in his own mind.

Pete
02-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Sounds like one of those Champions league winners they were promised. Surprised he's not playing in Wales on Saturday.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 07:23 PM

I like the bit where he says goals win games.

Not if you score two and the Hibees score two
Or
You score one and the Hibees score three.

Never really watched the leagues that he's accustomed too but I would think that he won't have as much time on the ball up here. Efe or Marv will have him in their back pocket. Guaranteed he won't be another Jamie Vardy either.

Waxy
02-06-2017, 08:43 PM

He might end up at East fife.
Anyone noticed that whenever anyone goes to east fife it ends in disaster?

Bostonhibby
02-06-2017, 09:08 PM

Wasn't big or fast enough for Morecambe before they sent him back, I can see the attraction for father dougal though (if he was anything to do with the signing) the boy says goals win games, straight out of the dougal book of football phrases. Goal scorer?

dchibs
02-06-2017, 10:47 PM

Surly should be playing for Barca or RM.

jgl07
02-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Taking Cole to Tynecastle!

Will it catch one?

poolman
03-06-2017, 01:51 AM

Ah but has he "dung things*

Captain Trips
03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
and Budge Solicitors.

calumhibee1
03-06-2017, 07:52 AM

So he's not a target man but then goes on to tell us he's very good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play (exactly like a target man). He's also a goal scorer (he's just not bothered showing anyone yet judging by his record) and he also creates chances for others.. this guy sounds like the most complete forward Scottish football will have ever seen!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Looking very much like a Potter-Player. Whether he is a find or not, if this is the type of players that The Gorgie Giants sign in the same week that we sign a player of Ambroses' quality, then more please.

Brussel Patepy
03-06-2017, 08:44 AM
https://youtu.be/3t-CSOYByjI

Found a song Hearts could steal and alter for there new signing.

ACLeith
03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
I asked my cousin, who is a Tranmere fan about him. this is what he said -

"The current manager brought him back in to the side and he’s scored probably another 16 for Tranmere. Latterly he was the preferred striker/goal poacher. A bit of a bruiser/hardman and opportunist."

Who decided he is the type of player who fits in to their style of play? No debate surely :greengrin

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Look at the comments...

TBF, this is a thread on a Hibs web-site about a Hearts signing.

emerald green
03-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Honestly never heard of him. Is this what is called a "major" signing these days at the PBS?

mca
03-06-2017, 10:17 PM
I asked my cousin, who is a Tranmere fan about him. this is what he said -

"The current manager brought him back in to the side and he’s scored probably another 16 for Tranmere. Latterly he was the preferred striker/goal poacher. A bit of a bruiser/hardman and opportunist."

Dirty Hacker then.. Wonder what his Card counting career is Like ???

Easier Refs in the lower english imo.. :wink:

Diclonius
03-06-2017, 10:20 PM
TBF, this is a thread on a Hibs web-site about a Hearts signing.

Exactly.

Sure we want to sign better players than out rivals but 3 pages for some lower league striker is more than enough.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 10:29 PM
It's only because he has the name of a murdered Higu School student in LA Law or CSI Miami. "Shame about the Stockton kid. They say he was straight A student."

Pete70
03-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Cole who?

HFCdeb
04-06-2017, 04:15 PM
It's only because he has the name of a murdered Higu School student in LA Law or CSI Miami. "Shame about the Stockton kid. They say he was straight A student."

Well they got rid of Perry Kitchen so they needed someone new in to fill the role of "stupid name".

Billy Whizz
04-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Well they got rid of Perry Kitchen so they needed someone new in to fill the role of "stupid name".

Has Kitchen gone?

Jack Hackett
04-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Has Kitchen gone?

He's been told where the door is, but he signed a 2.5 year contract in March 16. Hearts say they won't make it difficult if he finds a new club... Sooo, please don't ask us to honour your contract :rolleyes: