PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

18Hibee75
02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Seen a lot of talk about him on separate threads and feel like he maybe needs a thread of his own. Personally I would absolutely love him back and think he would 100% improve our midfield with him SJM, Swanson/Mcgeouch/Bartley etc. Don't know if Lennons at all interested? But IMHO I think he should be in Scotland squad with the talent he has and a move to Hibs could give him a real career boost again.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

HibeeMackenzie
02-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Dug his own grave, let him rot

SaulGoodman
02-06-2017, 12:59 PM
We already gave him his career boost and he blew it.

Glory Lurker
02-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Aw, no this again.

Cameron1875
02-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Scott for the a millionth time, no!

No Huns at Hibs.

CorrieHibs
Great player but terrible attitude!

He needs to be playing football, but seems he would rather sit in the house collecting a wage.

Dalianwanda
Nope from me..

Stevie Reid
02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Would have him back, no doubt.

connerg
02-06-2017, 01:09 PM
What if The Rangers come sniffing round again? They will!

Elephant Stone
02-06-2017, 01:10 PM
If we signed Scott Allan he'd be within the top 2 or 3 players at the club. If there's a chance we can do it then it's a 100% yes from me, no doubt about it whatsoever. If he's a dick again we can sell him again.

keep the faith
02-06-2017, 01:25 PM
His attitude last time has been blown up big time on here. I saw nothing less than total effort and bags of ability. I wonder if people would have the same view if it was Celtic he wanted to go to..
I honestly think Hibs and SA are a good fit and should he be keen to come and commit we should be trying to make it happen.
My fingers are crossed we bring him back.

Elephant Stone
02-06-2017, 01:29 PM
His attitude last time has been blown up big time on here. I saw nothing less than total effort and bags of ability. I wonder if people would have the same view if it was Celtic he wanted to go to..
I honestly think Hibs and SA are a good fit and should he be keen to come and commit we should be trying to make it happen.
My fingers are crossed we bring him back.

Yup, the transfer request was a kick in the stanes but his attitude and application were otherwise faultless if I remember correctly. He was an absolute joy to watch.

Michael
02-06-2017, 01:34 PM
25 years old and only had around 100 senior league appearances. I don't think he'd be the player that left us.

InchHibby
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
I've seen players with his attitude since the sixties, that's football, that's part and parcel of the game.
Most players support some team, look at McGregor and the way he left The Rangers, if they thought for one minute he was coming to us they wouldn't have let him leave.
Scott Allen is a good player and if he was going anywhere, better here than against us in my opinion.
I for one would welcome him with open arms.

.Sean.
02-06-2017, 01:37 PM
**** him. No even welcome at ER as a paying customer.

Rat

lucky
02-06-2017, 01:40 PM
He's got a bad habit of listening to his agent and chasing the cash. But the boy is a great player if you can get him on the pitch and his mind focused

Shrekko
02-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Scott for the a millionth time, no!

No Huns at Hibs.

There's Huns at Hibs already!

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
He was a good player for one season since then nothing at all of note. Every player signed is a risk and for me I would rather put this risk on somebody new than go back to this player as if he doesn't deliver as he did before then he will get it tight wether you agree or not it will happen.

I think best to move on find other players whom we do not know what to expect and see how it goes.

KWJ
02-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I don't see how we could play him, McGinn, McGeouch and Swanson together when all fit.

Salt N Sauzee
02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Scott Allan thread number 4,167. Keep 'em coming!

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
I believe Lennon has spoken to him about next season, wether it will happen or not is another thing as I'm sure he will have plenty offers. Would love him back at ER as he would easily be one of our best players.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-06-2017, 01:53 PM
With midfield players we already have (for arguments sake we'll say all match fit) would you rather add Fyvie or Allan to that squad?

Billy Whizz
02-06-2017, 01:57 PM
So we don't want good players coming to Hibs? KT came back twice

keep the faith
02-06-2017, 01:58 PM
I don't see how we could play him, McGinn, McGeouch and Swanson together when all fit.

Remember Dylan is rarely fit and SJM will go sooner rather than later. We need playmakers.

Salt N Sauzee
02-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Remember Dylan is rarely fit and SJM will go sooner rather than later. We need playmakers.

Allan would probably look to engineer a move away before we even get a bid for SJM.

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 02:00 PM
So we don't want good players coming to Hibs? KT came back twice

No proof he would be good, no proof another player would be good either. For me go with another.

Col2
02-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Wouldnt be surprised to see Scott back at Hibs from what I hear.

We need an attacking midfielder and he would fit in well especially on loan as we hand back if he doesn't regain his form.

Northernhibee
02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
25 years old and only had around 100 senior league appearances. I don't think he'd be the player that left us.

This.

Also, I want players who want to play for the club and he doesn't give a ****.

Cameron1875
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
There's Huns at Hibs already!

Who?

Please don't count Darren Mcgregor! McGeouch came through Celtic's youth too ;)

Unseen work
02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Fwiw I don't blame Scott for trying to move to rangers, he is rangers daft and would have been playing with his best mate.

But what I do know is he is a fantastic player who would walk into every team in Scotland bar Celtic.

if we can sign him we should.

Mathias Jack
02-06-2017, 02:28 PM
If we signed Scott Allan he'd be within the top 2 or 3 players at the club. If there's a chance we can do it then it's a 100% yes from me, no doubt about it whatsoever. If he's a dick again we can sell him again.

That's twice he's been a dick in his career, and look where it's got him. The only person that can change that is Scott Allan. And I don't expect there to be a shift in his attitude any time soon.

CMurdoch
02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
A no from me.
Not a good idea for him either.
If he didn't play well he would get major, major abuse.

JDHibs
02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
We revived his career once and he did his best to burn the bridges, why should we help him out again now that his career is down the drain again?

For what its worth, hes a superb player and would fit very well into our team, but hate his attitude.

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 03:00 PM
There seems to be a focus on his time here as the major factor in him still being good.

His time at Hibs is disappearing in the rear view mirror, his time at Celtic and most recently Rotherham are more so for me factors. 23 games in 2 years tells in part a story but SA when at Hibs and coming would be for a different manager with a few different players in more importantly a different league.

Was SA good? yes he was for us but that was 2 years ago what abount since then? Any player signing will get my support, do I think he is a prick? yeah I do, would I support him? yeah I would. There are 100s of players out there I am sure we can get a good one.

SA would be under pressure severely if came back and I do not think he has the papers to deal with it.

RossScott1991
02-06-2017, 03:23 PM
tried to jump ship the first time he got a chance, we have moved on from Scott Allan. Not interested. Id rather sign Henderson, Allan probaly better ability wise but id take Henderson with his attitude all day long.

I am usually one for being open minded with players coming back, 2nd chance etc. KT etc etc.

Scott Allan just left abit of a bad taste in the mouth. Understandable if he was 19 just making his way in his career, but when your career is in the toilet and Hibs gave you platform to throw it back in clubs face with a transfer request is a kick in teeth. He should have kept quiet, played out rest of season with us and then sign for Rangers who he supports at end of season.

****** scott allan! we've got SJM!

tamig
02-06-2017, 03:28 PM
There seems to be a focus on his time here as the major factor in him still being good.

His time at Hibs is disappearing in the rear view mirror, his time at Celtic and most recently Rotherham are more so for me factors. 23 games in 2 years tells in part a story but SA when at Hibs and coming would be for a different manager with a few different players in more importantly a different league.

Was SA good? yes he was for us but that was 2 years ago what abount since then? Any player signing will get my support, do I think he is a prick? yeah I do, would I support him? yeah I would. There are 100s of players out there I am sure we can get a good one.

SA would be under pressure severely if came back and I do not think he has the papers to deal with it.
You could say exactly the same about the first time he was here. A few good games for United, got his move south, disappeared without trace and landed up at ER. If Scott Allan was to return here, I have absolutely no doubt he would shine in our team. He is a top class player. Simple as that.

scoopyboy
02-06-2017, 03:31 PM
We revived his career once and he did his best to burn the bridges, why should we help him out again now that his career is down the drain again?

For what its worth, hes a superb player and would fit very well into our team, but hate his attitude.

Cos he could help us. :dunno:

Nemo
02-06-2017, 03:32 PM
IF ever i've seen a player that needs a slap, its this guy.

top top talent, but major attitude change needed

i wouldn't be surprised if he's starting to panic a wee bit about his future in football, if he's not...he F*****g well should be!!

lennon won't be pissed about, if he was to come i think he'd be well warned

AlbertK86
02-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Fwiw I don't blame Scott for trying to move to rangers, he is rangers daft and would have been playing with his best mate. But what I do know is he is a fantastic player who would walk into every team in Scotland bar Celtic. if we can sign him we should.

Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jeffers
02-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Yes please. I keep hearing about his bad attitude, but I saw no evidence of that in his time with us. Even at the height of the moving to the Huns saga he didn't let it impact on his performances. So he wanted to move to the Huns, regardless of our dislike for them he never hid the fact that he supported him. If a player who supported us said he wanted to leave his current club and sign for us I doubt many on here would be giving him a hard time.

He owed us nothing, not as if we signed him and he hardly played. He was our best player in the one season he was with us and was rightly voted player of the season. I'm not one to say in Lennon we trust, but if we did sign him he's one player I'd think Lennon could get the best out of. If he did, he'd be our best midfielder, if not our best player.

Is he a dick ? I don't know, but I do know he's a great player who would improve our side - that's all I care about.

we are hibs
02-06-2017, 03:40 PM
he didn't want to be here 2 years ago so **** him. let him go begging to his beloved huns for a move. lied to the fans by saying he was happy at hibs before weeks later handing in a transfer request right before our season was about to begin.

Big_Franck
02-06-2017, 03:49 PM
F*** Scott Allan. Don't want that wee hun rat anywhere near my team.

hibs#1
02-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Apart from him handing in a transfer request is there any evidence of him being a dick?disappointing sure but that's modern football.as I always say if the manager thinks he's good enough and wants him then that's good enough for me.

Nemo
02-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes please. I keep hearing about his bad attitude, but I saw no evidence of that in his time with us. Even at the height of the moving to the Huns saga he didn't let it impact on his performances. So he wanted to move to the Huns, regardless of our dislike for them he never hid the fact that he supported him. If a player who supported us said he wanted to leave his current club and sign for us I doubt many on here would be giving him a hard time.

He owed us nothing, not as if we signed him and he hardly played. He was our best player in the one season he was with us and was rightly voted player of the season. I'm not one to say in Lennon we trust, but if we did sign him he's one player I'd think Lennon could get the best out of. If he did, he'd be our best midfielder, if not our best player.

Is he a dick ? I don't know, but I do know he's a great player who would improve our side - that's all I care about.

that just rolls of your tongue eh, easy peasy just on ye go son away tae the huns. no problems they are after all your boyhood heroes!!

Any idea how unsettling that period was for the whole team?

When we were in a quite vulnerable place as a team as a club even!!

The player ALLOWED and quietly encouraged all the razzamatazz in the media what a circus that was!

na no thanks

cabbageandribs1875
02-06-2017, 03:53 PM
if we can get him,get him.. great signing

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Two cast iron certainties for Scott Allan. He is a fabulous footballer and he is a trouble maker. You get both.

Pete
02-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Apart from him handing in a transfer request is there any evidence of him being a dick?.

None whatsoever...quite the opposite in fact.

You can tell that the Christian spirit is alive and well going by some of the reactions to his potential signing. :rolleyes:

hibs#1
02-06-2017, 03:58 PM
None whatsoever...quite the opposite in fact.

You can tell that the Christian spirit is alive and well going by some of the reactions to his potential signing. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly it was mostly west coast media And rangers staff and players that stirred it up.

21sMay
02-06-2017, 03:58 PM
We are or were definitely interested but supposedly Scott allan will not take a wage drop and Lennon wont break the bank

Velma Dinkley
02-06-2017, 04:02 PM
He showed some flashes of good play but was very good at giving the ball to the opposition, and played his best football for us in the pre-season games shortly before trying to engineer a move on the cheap to our biggest rivals in the league. He looked like he could have gone on to have a very decent season with us.

Pete
02-06-2017, 04:04 PM
If I remember correctly it was mostly west coast media And rangers staff and players that stirred it up.

Probably was, along with agents and people who would make money from the deal.

There's no way of knowing this but you wonder if there would be all this fuss if people had tried to engineer a move to Celtic instead. I know Rangers were our direct rivals but still...

If anyone thinks Allan will be trouble then they can rest easy. I don't think our manager will take any nonsense from anyone and he won't see his dressing room disrupted in any way.

hibs#1
02-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Probably was, along with agents and people who would make money from the deal.

There's no way of knowing this but you wonder if there would be all this fuss if people had tried to engineer a move to Celtic instead. I know Rangers were our direct rivals but still...

If anyone thinks Allan will be trouble then they can rest easy. I don't think our manager will take any nonsense from anyone and he won't see his dressing room disrupted in any way.

Yeah Lennon I don't think takes any crap.

I got told a story a few years back about him and Tony watt when they were at Celtic. Apparently watts attitude stunk and one lunch time went to sit with the 1st team players that's when Lennon came in and tore him a new one in front of all the players and made him sit with the young team that's allegedly why watt didn't make it.

supermcginn
02-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Fyvie couldn't lace his boots, great player, bring him home

Waxy
02-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Might never again be the player he was at Hibs.

Pete
02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah Lennon I don't think takes any crap.

I got told a story a few years back about him and Tony watt when they were at Celtic. Apparently watts attitude stunk and one lunch time went to sit with the 1st team players that's when Lennon came in and tore him a new one in front of all the players and made him sit with the young team that's allegedly why watt didn't make it.

If you are serious about wanting to make it you take things like that on board and improve. It's all about attitude and it's no wonder Watt is...where is he?

As for Allan, I'm sure Lennon will be aware of his history and will make a decision based on all the facts. If he signs he should be welcomed back with open arms.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2017, 04:19 PM

Caused trouble? Well he handed in his transfer request after his head turned and effectively burned his boats but let others do the work. Was he a Scott Brown or a KT? Thing about it was timing and aimed to disrupt our start to the season which it did but he eventually got his head down until leaving. Was the trouble down to him The Rangers or the media?

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 04:30 PM
You could say exactly the same about the first time he was here. A few good games for United, got his move south, disappeared without trace and landed up at ER. If Scott Allan was to return here, I have absolutely no doubt he would shine in our team. He is a top class player. Simple as that.

Exactly its an unknown. I would rather go with a different unkown.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Who?

Sectarian garbage. Seriously what the ****.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Caused trouble? Well he handed in his transfer request after his head turned and effectively burned his boats but let others do the work. Was he a Scott Brown or a KT? Thing about it was timing and aimed to disrupt our start to the season which it did but he eventually got his head down until leaving. Was the trouble down to him The Rangers or the media?

He said he was happy to stay then it was known that his boyhood team wanted to sign him. I can't blame him for wanting to leave, I hate the Huns but it was always his team. Imo the trouble making was by the Huns themselves making derisory offers and having his best mate tap him up with of course the west coast biased media stoking it.

Regardless of whether he comes back to us or not he is a talent, who should be playing every week. I don't know what went wrong at Celtic but he is definitely good enough to be playing regularly for them.

supermcginn
02-06-2017, 04:47 PM
He showed some flashes of good play but was very good at giving the ball to the opposition, and played his best football for us in the pre-season games shortly before trying to engineer a move on the cheap to our biggest rivals in the league. He looked like he could have gone on to have a very decent season with us.
Some flashes? Haha was our best player by a mile I couldn't care what he's done in the past he is sheer class!

wookie70
02-06-2017, 04:52 PM
I wasn't that much of a fan before he acted like a spoilt brat but would not welcome him back. I'd rather we concentrate of having hard working and gritty players with talent rather than selfish showboats who only play for themselves. He has ended up in the right place for me, team Scott it was the only team that he cared about anyway.

Velma Dinkley
02-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Some flashes? Haha was our best player by a mile I couldn't care what he's done in the past he is sheer class!

lmao

supermcginn
02-06-2017, 04:55 PM
lmao

Truth hurts!

brog
02-06-2017, 04:56 PM

Not just our best player, was Championship player of the year in a season when Yams comfortably won the league.

stantonhibby
02-06-2017, 04:57 PM

You weren't at the 4-0 game v sevco then ?

Pete
02-06-2017, 05:04 PM
I wasn't that much of a fan before he acted like a spoilt brat but would not welcome him back.

I'm not picking on you specifically but how is this going to work on a practical level if he does sign for us?

Will people just not cheer him when he does something good? Will they boo him the minute he does anything wrong?

WeeRussell
02-06-2017, 05:11 PM
that just rolls of your tongue eh, easy peasy just on ye go son away tae the huns. no problems they are after all your boyhood heroes!!

Any idea how unsettling that period was for the whole team?

When we were in a quite vulnerable place as a team as a club even!!

The player ALLOWED and quietly encouraged all the razzamatazz in the media what a circus that was!

na no thanks

When you say "quietly encouraged" do you mean it was that quiet that you have no evidence of him encouraging at all, and you just made that up?

dchibs
02-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Fwiw I don't blame Scott for trying to move to rangers, he is rangers daft and would have been playing with his best mate.

But what I do know is he is a fantastic player who would walk into every team in Scotland bar Celtic.

if we can sign him we should.

He always gave his all for us even when the huns came calling,that game when he put Black in his place was brilliant.Iwould like to see him back.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Started a promising career then left when he didn't feel he was getting paid what he should despite only playing a few games

Went down south. Barely kicked a ball. Got an opportunity to resurrect his career in the Scottish Championship. Stood out a mile in that division.

Rangers got their **** together and needed out the division and wanted allan. All attempts by the media to unsettle our star were futile from the club's perspective - our stance remained. He wasn't going to rangers. By that point the damage was done. He wanted out. So we sold to the highest bidder.

That season we went on to build the best squad unity, togetherness I've seen and that drive, determination never say die attitude got us to withing touching distance of winning the league cup and promotion but did lead to us lifting the Scottish Cup.

Would Scott Allan have delivered when the going got tough at 0-2 down at Tynecastle? Or in Inverness on a cold Wednesday night after losing a league cup final? Or 2-1 down with 10 mins to go in the Scottish Cup final?

We'll never know but what we do know is his career has been hampered by jumping ship at the first opportunity.

We've got rid of the tag where we take on journeymen and people that look after themselves only and no real interest in the club. Let's keep it that way.

A long post but for all of the above, I wouldn't want allan back at hibs. I would however support NL and his decision to improve our squad

JohnMcM
02-06-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm so fed up with reading multiple threads about Scott Allan I'm not bothering to say anything.
Oh? Wait a minute................

Onion
02-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Waste of talent. No thanks.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Fyvie couldn't lace his boots, great player, bring him home

Aye right then. A decent player but so is Fyvie.
Allan has done **** all since Hibs, so why is that?

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Fyvie couldn't lace his boots, great player, bring him homeTotally different players and tbh, that is utter pish. If Allan had 1/10th of Fyvies effort and professionalism his career wouldn't have gone the way it has.

Allan has a selfish play style that can make him look incredible but can also make him look like a passenger. Fyvie is a year younger and has a Scottish cup and FA cup winners medal. He might not make these mindblowing assists that Allan sometimes does but he is everything I want to see in a Hibs player. Committed, hard working, good at his job, part of the team, young, talented. Players like Scott Allan need players like Fraser Fyvie to make them look so good and make up for their laziness. I'm really disappointed that we've let Fyvie go, big mistake.

Allan is a smelly hun, this isn't his ''home''

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 06:21 PM

Is he? Was he? What about this class in last 2 years? Sheer class for one season. Just sign him on memory then probably need to pay one of the top wages at the club?

But its opinions I do not think he is sheer class I think he is a Rotherham flop on high wages, his recent play is far more relevant than 2 years ago. You think he is so fair enough.

Does how he conducted himself at the end of his time here and football wise more importantly what he has done on the pitch since leaving not have major questions over exactly what we would be getting?

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Some flashes? Haha was our best player by a mile I couldn't care what he's done in the past he is sheer class!By a mile? No chance. Malonga, Cummings and Mcgeouch were all better and more consistent that season. Gray and Stevenson were excellent as well.

Diclonius
02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
I'd take Scott Allan back in 0.00000000000000000001% of a second. Best midfielder I've seen play for Hibs.

scotiaf
02-06-2017, 06:38 PM
If you don't want to take a player back that can unlock a defense with one pass, you are not looking at the greater good.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2017, 06:41 PM
If you don't want to take a player back that can unlock a defense with one pass, you are not looking at the greater good.

Or if you want to take a player back that has done **** all since he left including unlocking defences you are looking at the past.

Iain G
02-06-2017, 06:42 PM
By a mile? No chance. Malonga, Cummings and Mcgeouch were all better and more consistent that season. Gray and Stevenson were excellent as well.

Scott Allan revisionist history continues, better with Dylan or McGinn any day of the week.

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Or if you want to take a player back that has done **** all since he left including unlocking defences you are looking at the past.

Agreed.

What if he signs and is piss poor as legit a point as saying is class.

therealgavmac
02-06-2017, 06:44 PM

Scott, is that you :wink:

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I think those who don't want Allan back using the argument he has not done anything since leaving us are still bitter about how he left. Stokes had done hee haw at Celtic for a good while before coming on loan and yet everyone on here was buzzing to sign him, and rightly so cause he is better than what we had, like Allan is now.

Springbank
02-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I'd take Scott Allan back in 0.00000000000000000001% of a second. Best midfielder I've seen play for Hibs.

Spot on!

Pete
02-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Some of these comments are not Hibs class.

They're more Rangers class.

tamig
02-06-2017, 06:54 PM

Yes, thought that was a strange observation. He played his best football for us pre-season just before he left? Amazing view 😃

jacomo
02-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Scott, is that you :wink:

Well, at least he cares. Which is one of my main concerns.

IMO the most likely outcome is that Scott Allan drops out of professional football before he turns 30. The penny just doesn't seem to have dropped and no amount of talent can overcome a lack of effort.

Not at all surprised if Celtc want rid. Won't his beloved Sevco come in for him? And if they don't, will he have a torn face about it?

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2017, 06:58 PM
I think those who don't want Allan back using the argument he has not done anything since leaving us are still bitter about how he left. Stokes had done hee haw at Celtic for a good while before coming on loan and yet everyone on here was buzzing to sign him, and rightly so cause he is better than what we had, like Allan is now.

I couldn't care less how he left, what I do care about is that this "class" player could turn out to be very poor. He has been everywhere since. What does it take to get him playing and can he turn in class performances again? The assumption that he will continue where he left off is based on fantasy just now.

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 07:01 PM
I couldn't care less how he left, what I do care about is that this "class" player could turn out to be very poor. He has been everywhere since. What does it take to get him playing and can he turn in class performances again? The assumption that he will continue where he left off is based on fantasy just now.

Well I'm assuming that NL thinks he can pick up where he has left off, is he basing that off fantasy too?? And btw he has defo spoke to SA

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-06-2017, 07:04 PM
By a mile? No chance. Malonga, Cummings and Mcgeouch were all better and more consistent that season. Gray and Stevenson were excellent as well.

Malonga, Cummings and McGeough were BETTER than Allan the season that Allan was voted best player in the entire league? How does that work? Allan was in a class of his own that season. There wasn't a single argument from anyone when he won championship player of the year, not even from Hearts fans who had watched their team finish 20+ points ahead of us.

I get that some folk don't want to forgive and forget but there's some serious rewriting of history going on every time an Allan thread starts. We should dig out some from when he was here as they were all consistently fawning over him. I'd personally love to see him back, despite how raging I was/still am about how he left.

NASAHIBS
02-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Started a promising career then left when he didn't feel he was getting paid what he should despite only playing a few games

Went down south. Barely kicked a ball. Got an opportunity to resurrect his career in the Scottish Championship. Stood out a mile in that division.

Rangers got their **** together and needed out the division and wanted allan. All attempts by the media to unsettle our star were futile from the club's perspective - our stance remained. He wasn't going to rangers. By that point the damage was done. He wanted out. So we sold to the highest bidder.

That season we went on to build the best squad unity, togetherness I've seen and that drive, determination never say die attitude got us to withing touching distance of winning the league cup and promotion but did lead to us lifting the Scottish Cup.

Would Scott Allan have delivered when the going got tough at 0-2 down at Tynecastle? Or in Inverness on a cold Wednesday night after losing a league cup final? Or 2-1 down with 10 mins to go in the Scottish Cup final?

We'll never know but what we do know is his career has been hampered by jumping ship at the first opportunity.

We've got rid of the tag where we take on journeymen and people that look after themselves only and no real interest in the club. Let's keep it that way.

A long post but for all of the above, I wouldn't want allan back at hibs. I would however support NL and his decision to improve our squad

This. The feeling around the whole club just now is so unified. The support are together, the trust in Leanne and the board, the management set up, and obvious unity of the squad. This is a great time to be involved with Hibs. If Allan was to come back, you can see even from posts on here how much he would split the support......do we really want that? If he had left at the time then so be it it happens, but he shafted Hibs, our club, and I for one wouldn't want him back. You see the emotion, passion and love of the club and fans that Hendo showed when he was here.......then you look at Allan, and you see the total opposite.

jacomo
02-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Well I'm assuming that NL thinks he can pick up where he has left off, is he basing that off fantasy too?? And btw he has defo spoke to SA

He's certainly not basing it on his performances over the past 2 seasons is he?

Scouse Hibee

Has he? If Lennon thinks he's worth a shot then fair enough. Maybe he thinks he can motivate him, let's face it he's not a player who turns it on consistently for some reason. It's a gamble for sure.

Waxy
This topic probably deserves a poll. Probably.

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Malonga, Cummings and McGeough were BETTER than Allan the season that Allan was voted best player in the entire league? How does that work? Allan was in a class of his own that season. There wasn't a single argument from anyone when he won championship player of the year, not even from Hearts fans who had watched their team finish 20+ points ahead of us.

I get that some folk don't want to forgive and forget but there's some serious rewriting of history going on every time an Allan thread starts. We should dig out some from when he was here as they were all consistently fawning over him. I'd personally love to see him back, despite how raging I was/still am about how he left.Just my opinion. McGinn wasn't even Hibs best player this season yet he won that award.

I didn't think Allan was that great when he was here, I'm not re-writing history at all. We got an absolutely brilliant deal for Allan, one of the best in our history. 2 better players and 500k.

Deansy
02-06-2017, 07:08 PM
****** Scott Allan !

InchHibby
02-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Think most of the comments on here regarding Scott Allan are purely because he supports The Rangers. We have a few players and have had more than a few players that support Hibs but have went of and plied their trade elsewhere. That's football, we all say or do things from time to time we regret, give the guy a break, he's a good footballer and I personally think he would be a great addition to the team.
What I am sure of, if we do sign him, we will all, because we're Hibs class, get right behind him.
Don't forget, Liam Henderson is a Celtic supporter first and foremost, but we'd have him back in a minute.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Just my opinion. McGinn wasn't even Hibs best player this season yet he won that award.

I didn't think Allan was that great when he was here, I'm not re-writing history at all. We got an absolutely brilliant deal for Allan, one of the best in our history. 2 better players and 500k.

Fair enough [emoji1360] I also don't think McGinn was our best player and shouldn't have won the award. Several folk have made similar comments though and I don't remember anyone disagreeing with Allan winning it.

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 07:24 PM
He's certainly not basing it on his performances over the past 2 seasons is he?

No he's more than likely basing it on his previous performances for Hibs and I'm sure he will still have a lot of friends at Celtic who's opinions he will take into consideration.

matty_f
02-06-2017, 07:38 PM
#handitin

Is this the right thread for that?

calumhibee1
02-06-2017, 07:46 PM

I get that some folk don't want to forgive and forget but there's some serious rewriting of history going on every time an Allan thread starts. We should dig out some from when he was here as they were all consistently fawning over him. I'd personally love to see him back, despite how raging I was/still am about how he left.

This. Scott Allan at Hibs was streets ahead of every single player outside of Celtic. Absolutely outstanding, as people said at the time. The minute he left people then started claiming it was fine because Dylan was better that season anyway, which was nonsense.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Sorry but that is utter bollox, no way were Malonga, Cummings or McGeouch better than Allan that season. I get that people don't like Allan, I also get the reservations about him not being as good if he came back but to not acknowledge how good he was with us is startling. I've said it before but his performance in the 4-0 defeat of the Huns was one of the best I've seen in over 40 years watching Hibs.

lord bunberry
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Sorry but that is utter bollox, no way were Malonga, Cummings or McGeouch better than Allan that season. I get that people don't like Allan, I also get the reservations about him not being as good if he came back but to not acknowledge how good he was with us is startling. I've said it before but his performance in the 4-0 defeat of the Huns was one of the best I've seen in over 40 years watching Hibs.
I agree Allan was brilliant that season.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
No thanks. Decent player, horrendous attitude.

We can do better.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Some of these comments are not Hibs class.

They're more Rangers class.

Exactly. I can't believe the comments about not signing huns. Isn't the inverse of that what everyone used to say made Rangers racist and sectarian?

Hibs should sign players of any belief as long as they have a good attitude. That's the only question mark against Scott.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Just my opinion. McGinn wasn't even Hibs best player this season yet he won that award.

You're definitely not going to be rewriting history. Mainly because that's nonsense and no one else agrees with you.

Nemo
02-06-2017, 08:06 PM
When you say "quietly encouraged" do you mean it was that quiet that you have no evidence of him encouraging at all, and you just made that up?

So do you think that Scott woke up one morning and for no reason at all decided to let Hibs know he wants to join Rangers

specifically Rangers. (A Rangers offer comes in 3 days before our first meeting that season)

you tell me. What do you think happened?

Or do you think that SA let it be known to a couple of the then existing rangers players that he would be "Delighted" if he could get that move

which was then relayed to the manager and chairman, who then contacted their press pals to begin that circus of a campaign to agitate a move.

Right when we needed him most.

What do you think?

Eyrie
02-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Imagine the reaction on here to an announcement that we were signing a 25 year old with only one season where he had been a regular starter and played well, with every other season being a bit part player from the bench, who was then unable to replicate that one season's good form for the same manager at a different club and with a reputation for having a poor attitude that started at his first club and continued through several loan deals, culminating in how he left the club that did give him his only good season.

It doesn't matter if that one good season was for us, everything else indicates that I don't want that player.

Springbank
02-06-2017, 08:13 PM
I'm a Hibs fan
I like class football
I like classy footballers
Go and watch Scott Allan's assist for Liam Craig in the Hibs 4 Rangers 0 game
Not Fyvie, not anyone we have can do that
Sign him up!!!
Scott Allan is a great player

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 08:14 PM
You're definitely not going to be rewriting history. Mainly because that's nonsense and no one else agrees with you.I don't make posts looking for people to agree or disagree with me, I just give my thoughts.

greenpaper55
02-06-2017, 08:21 PM
No thanks. Decent player, horrendous attitude.

We can do better.

Like who with our budget ?

jeffers
02-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Imagine the reaction on here to an announcement that we were signing a 25 year old with only one season where he had been a regular starter and played well, with every other season being a bit part player from the bench, who was then unable to replicate that one season's good form for the same manager at a different club and with a reputation for having a poor attitude that started at his first club and continued through several loan deals, culminating in how he left the club that did give him his only good season.

It doesn't matter if that one good season was for us, everything else indicates that I don't want that player.

I'm pretty sure in football circles there are no real secrets so if Allan has such a bad attitude I wonder why Stubbs signed him twice, the Huns wanted him and Celtic ultimately signed him. You would think if his attitude was so bad noone would go near him. And lets be honest here one of the managers who did have issues with him was Peter Houston, a well known c0ck of a man.

guthrie01
02-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Deja-vu another 4+ page thread about Scotty :greengrin

An excellent player who I think Lennon can control and will make sure he doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Bring him back I say

Sir David Gray
02-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Like who with our budget ?

Are you suggesting that we can't attract players of a similar standard as Scott Allan who have a better attitude and mentality?

I don't have any names but we will undoubtedly be able to attract players who are just as talented as Scott Allan.

pepe
02-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Wee birdy told me Allan was keen and told his agent to sound Hibs out. Dempster was a flat out No.

J-C
02-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Wee birdy told me Allan was keen and told his agent to sound Hibs out. Dempster was a flat out No.

I can see LD sticking to her principles after the way Allan treated us.

WhileTheChief..
02-06-2017, 08:51 PM
If Lennon wants him and Dempster says no, who wins?!

keep the faith
02-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Some Jurassic views on here which remind me of some of the hateful posts from the few on here aimed at KT every time a return was muted.
Turned out KT was a good hibee with the club at heart who was manipulated by the Glasgow media to suit the huns. He also handled the exit badly too.
Scott Allan was and is a terrific player who was manipulated by the huns and the Glasgow media to suit the old firm. Again he could have handled things better. Can we really not see what happened here and the common theme??
I have a feeling the vast majority of hibs fans would love to see a committed Scott Allan back at Easter Road. He is exactly what we need on the park in my opinion.

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Some Jurassic views on here which remind me of some of the hateful posts from the few on here aimed at KT every time a return was muted.
Turned out KT was a good hibee with the club at heart who was manipulated by the Glasgow media to suit the huns. He also handled the exit badly too.
Scott Allan was and is a terrific player who was manipulated by the huns and the Glasgow media to suit the old firm. Again he could have handled things better. Can we really not see what happened here and the common theme??
I have a feeling the vast majority of hibs fans would love to see a committed Scott Allan back at Easter Road. He is exactly what we need on the park in my opinion.

Nothing Jurassic "if" he can get form "if". Lets "if" with another player. SA would IMO be under a lot more scrutiny and pressure this time around add to the playing on memory factor add to the likley higher wage, To many other factors for me therefore I would be happy with trying any other new signing.

Elephant Stone
02-06-2017, 09:10 PM

That's a very forgiving way of putting it.

Nemo
02-06-2017, 09:13 PM

SA is NOT a good hibee with the club at heart though, is he.

Golden Bear
02-06-2017, 09:15 PM

Very valid points however I'd add that KT enjoyed a successful career and if lessons were to be learnt then he did learn them. I'm not convinced that I can say the same about Scott Allan at this stage although I do agree he's a talented player.

Tha Cabbage Kid
02-06-2017, 09:24 PM
We already gave him his career boost and he blew it.
Sorry but I think this lad is right. He ruined his career by leaving hibs. We gave him a second chance as he failed in England.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

kevinc
02-06-2017, 09:28 PM
If Lennon wants him and Dempster says no, who wins?!

LD wins in this scenario.

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Sorry but I think this lad is right. He ruined his career by leaving hibs. We gave him a second chance as he failed in England.

In what way is his career ruined?? It's not over yet so u can hardly say that. He was signed by the top club in the country earning a pretty penny doing so his career isn't really ruined is it? It hasn't gone how him or us would have expected it granted but I believe he will play regularly soon and be a standout again. A lot of bitter people on here

Lago
02-06-2017, 09:46 PM

He is still a young man so to say his career is ruined is rubbish & to not continence bring him back, if he was available, is just silly.

Tha Cabbage Kid
02-06-2017, 09:48 PM
In what way is his career ruined?? It's not over yet so u can hardly say that. He was signed by the top club in the country earning a pretty penny doing so his career isn't really ruined is it? It hasn't gone how him or us would have expected it granted but I believe he will play regularly soon and be a standout again. A lot of bitter people on here
Yeah I am bitter. I'm bitter at the fact he has decided to warm a bench rather than do what he was clearly born to do. Entertain. I don't care that the lad decided to go to celtic, with the clear view he.wont be a regular. He has tallent in abundance and he is wasting it. If he was playing regularly there is no doubt in my mind he would be an international by now. But he decided to take a wage rather than work hard and be who he should be

Sir David Gray
02-06-2017, 09:59 PM

He was a grown adult who had a choice in the way that he behaved. Thomson's behaviour in the lead up to his move to Rangers was awful and he deserved the criticism which came his way.

He has largely been forgiven by the majority of Hibs fans but I don't think it's something you ever forget about. It's the same with Allan, maybe a lot of people have forgiven him but that doesn't mean that we should be giving him a second chance at our club.

I'm not convinced that he wouldn't do it again either.

Tha Cabbage Kid
02-06-2017, 10:02 PM
He was a grown adult who had a choice in the way that he behaved. Thomson's behaviour in the lead up to his move to Rangers was awful and he deserved the criticism which came his way.

He has largely been forgiven by the majority of Hibs fans but I don't think it's something you ever forget about. It's the same with Allan, maybe a lot of people have forgiven him but that doesn't mean that we should be giving him a second chance at our club.

I'm not convinced that he wouldn't do it again either.
I don't think he respects the club enough to get a second chance. He couldn't get away quick enough.

RIP Bestie
02-06-2017, 10:18 PM
If Scott Allan is available and within our budget we should be showing an interest.
We aren't that good that we can turn our nose up at that sort of talent just because he wanted to leave us to go to Rangers in the past.
He would no doubt make us stronger and it is up to the manager to bring the best players possible to the club.
I think that some are getting too tied up with the fact it was Rangers and are missing the main point, which is how good a player he is.
Lets not cut our nose off to spite our face with this.
i remember Alex McLeish doing that when he sacked Latapy, costing us any slight chance we had in the cup final.
it there is a problem with his attitude or fitness or willingness to join us, that's a different matter and we should walk away.

Northernhibee
02-06-2017, 10:23 PM
There's also no guarantee that after two years of warming benches at best that he'd be the same player.

Dunbar Hibee
02-06-2017, 10:35 PM
I still have a sour taste from when he tried to **** our club over last time. Undoubtedly a very talented player, but feel he has burned his bridges here.

Nemo
02-06-2017, 10:38 PM

it's not bitterness or hate, and i understand all of the pragmatic footballing reasons given previously for wanting him back also.

its love, man.

The club we love was almost made a laughing stock through this situation. He was a pivotal player at that time and he knew it but

He could not wait to get away, thinking he was dropping us in the s**t (Yes, he knew alright!!)

(Not as it eventually turned out)

A player that gives even a WEE bit of a s**t would have known and been loyal to the club that gave him a platform to perform as he had that season.

and were it not for the efforts of AS LD etc... we would have been well shafted IMO.

Captain Trips
02-06-2017, 10:41 PM
The guy is 25 and we are talking about one season he has had, one. One good season out of how many? Decided he was Bertie Big Bollocks and wanted to join a rival club to help keep us in that division.

Hopefully NL moves on and finds somebody else.

Springbank
02-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Class will always be welcome in a Hibs jersey

And Scott Allan is a classy footballer

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Embarrassing hankering after a player that couldn't give a **** about us.

He wont be back at Hibs and I wouldn't want him either.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2017, 10:54 PM

Spot on, Allan was the best player in that league that season, a league that herts pumped and sevco were still in.

I have no idea how he is now, but if he's anywhere as good as he was then, then bring him back.

Malonga has done **** all since then, Mcgeouch and Stokes have disappeared since our cup win, How long do you have to be sheite or off the radar before some of you understand that things can go wrong for players?

Fyvie was good for LONG periods of time at the club, but he's now sheite. McGeouch is always injured, so bin him as he will never be fit.

McGinn was very poor most of last season, but some of you want £5m for him.

Take a step back and ask yourself if the Scott Allan that left us could come back, would he enhance this team?

The answer is a very big yes.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Spot on, Allan was the best player in that league that season, a league that herts pumped and sevco were still in.

I have no idea how he is now, but if he's anywhere as good as he was then, then bring him back.

Malonga has done **** all since then, Mcgeouch and Stokes have disappeared since our cup win, How long do you have to be sheite or off the radar before some of you understand that things can go wrong for players?

Fyvie was good for LONG periods of time at the club, but he's now sheite. McGeouch is always injured, so bin him as he will never be fit.

McGinn was very poor most of last season, but some of you want £5m for him.

Take a step back and ask yourself if the Scott Allan that left us could come back, would he enhance this team?

The answer is a very big yes.

Obviously that's true. The problem people seem to have is either that:
•hes a dick, which is not unusual for a footballer
•hes a hun. Which is sectarian.

And yeah McGeoch as much as I love him is never going to make it. Knees made out of Pop tarts.

3pm
02-06-2017, 11:05 PM
He was fantastic. Bring him back.

hhibs
02-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Obviously that's true. The problem people seem to have is either that:
•hes a dick, which is not unusual for a footballer
•hes a hun. Which is sectarian.

And yeah McGeoch as much as I love him is never going to make it. Knees made out of Pop tarts.

"Hun" is NOT sectarian !

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 11:08 PM
"Hun" is NOT sectarian !

Not signing someone because they are a hun is

Forza Fred
02-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I'llmake a prediction and say that Allan will not play as well as his last stint at Hibs....

Good player then, but never broke through at Celtic and ignored by Alan Stubbs, after he took him on loan, at Rotherham due to his 'attitude'.

He is what I would call a 'luxury' player when he is on form.

I think we should be targeting midfielders who ALSO kick in with a few goals...like Swanson.

FWIW I think Scott Allan has been badly advised on occasion, but
I think his career is waning, not waxing.

Wouldn't rule out a return to Dundee zunited.

Forza Fred
02-06-2017, 11:22 PM
"Hun" is NOT sectarian !

Attilla was a Hun too......

hhibs
02-06-2017, 11:23 PM

Nonsense.

1875Sean
02-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Scott Allan has burned his bridges ... kinda player if he came back after a season or two he will act like a billy big baws again and want a move away again, attitude stinks! Move on and look forward

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Nonsense.

Are you saying hibs shouldn't sign protestants

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Attilla was a Hun too......

Regardless of the word the chat here is to not sign rangers supporters because they support rangers. That's ridiculous.

houstonhibbee
03-06-2017, 01:46 AM
my tuppence worth

he creates a lot of interest - all the comments here is testimony to that

we are talking about professional players - yes its an added bonus to have "Hibs supporters" 'in the team but not the only requirement

a lot of the feelings are based on paper talk - how much is really true

the guy playing against his "beloved" team for Hibs was the lynchpin in a 4-0 rout that was probably the best and biggest win against our arch rivals (to put in nicely) in all our lifetimes............

if he can turn in performances like that then who gives a flying duck

SeanWilson
03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Couldn't give a flying **** about SA, unless he signs for hibs, where I'd then support him along with the rest of the team. Daft thread/daft argument - he's a great player who should really be playing regular football.

Captain Trips
03-06-2017, 02:02 AM
my tuppence worth

we are talking about professional players - yes its an added bonus to have "Hibs supporters" 'in the team but not the only requirement

the guy playing against his "beloved" team for Hibs was the lynchpin in a 4-0 rout that was probably the best and biggest win against our arch rivals (to put in nicely) in all our lifetimes............

It is biggest win in my lifetime watching Hibs play The Rangers but pretty easy to remember as only played them about 10 times in my 42yrs

pacorosssco
03-06-2017, 02:29 AM
my tuppence worth

Yes but he didnt do that every week and never got near a start celtic last two years. On paper a player we should want but big call

southsider
03-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Yes but he didnt do that every week and never got near a start celtic last two years. On paper a player we should want but big call
Imho Celtic only signed him to stick 2 fingers up at The rangers. Played 17 games for Celtic (a fair numbers on as a sub) and 11 games for Rotherham. In his whole professional career a total of 99 games wherby 33% where for Hibs and his last goal,over 2 years ago, was for us. He has waisted his career and I doubt we will ever see the 'Stubbs' Scott Allan again.

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2017, 08:13 AM
He's 25, plenty of time IF he wants to make it as a player who plays every week in a decent side.

Lennon in my opinion could be the guy to get him back to his best.

Captain Trips
03-06-2017, 08:25 AM
He's 25, plenty of time IF he wants to make it as a player who plays every week in a decent side.

BH that all makes sense but you probably need to factor in we will be paying him more and importantly for me I think he will be under scrutiny and possibly more pressure than anyone else in team, like it or not hex will get it tight if things do not go right on the park and tbh that is as much a possibility as him foing well.

I personally think its better just to sign somebody new who may or may not do an excellent job, I wouldn't mind knowing what the other options in that department are.

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2017, 08:32 AM
BH that all makes sense but you probably need to factor in we will be paying him more and importantly for me I think he will be under scrutiny and possibly more pressure than anyone else in team, like it or not hex will get it tight if things do not go right on the park and tbh that is as much a possibility as him foing well.

I personally think its better just to sign somebody new who may or may not do an excellent job, I wouldn't mind knowing what the other options in that department are.

Every signing is a risk, especially in the market we are in. I'd trust Lennon here, if he wants him and we get him, i think he's got a better chance than many of getting him back to his best.

I feel he needs to go to a team like us, who will be playing the way he likes and he also must realise time is on his side but if he doesn't start to live right and knuckle down with a club like Hibs, he wont get another chance with a club as good as us.

I'd like us to be the team that takes a chance on him. :greengrin

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 08:39 AM
This is Allan's record since leaving Hibs

Season
Club
Appearances
Goals

2015-16
Celtc

2016-17
Rotherham(Loan)

In the two seasons before joining Hibs, he was officially a West Brom player but played zero games for them and had four loans spells, during which time he played 33 games and scored 2 goals.

Basically the one season with Hibs has been, by a long way, the highlight of his career so far... and he blew it.

hhibs
03-06-2017, 08:43 AM

Behave,

"Hun" does not equate to protestant.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Could be wrong but SA strikes me as a guy who would rather get a wedge playing development football than get playing and progress his career.

Every season he does this the less likely we are to see him play at any level again. So the next move is absolutely crucial for him. He needs regular games and a coach who believes in him so his agent can engineer one more big move to a club that doesnt get him and sticks him back in the development side.

hibee92
03-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Exceptional footballer. But I don't want him back. Hope he rots

dchibs
03-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Every signing is a risk, especially in the market we are in. I'd trust Lennon here, if he wants him and we get him, i think he's got a better chance than many of getting him back to his best.

I feel he needs to go to a team like us, who will be playing the way he likes and he also must realise time is on his side but if he doesn't start to live right and knuckle down with a club like Hibs, he wont get another chance with a club as good as us.

I'd like us to be the team that takes a chance on him. :greengrin

Well said I would hate if he went to the yams.

Pete70
03-06-2017, 09:08 AM
SA is a good player and Hibs should be looking to sign the best players available within our budget. IMO if we can sign him, we should. The way he left is in the past and that's where it should remain. We should be looking forward and I think he will improve the squad.

tamig
03-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Could be wrong but SA strikes me as a guy who would rather get a wedge playing development football than get playing and progress his career.

Every season he does this the less likely we are to see him play at any level again. So the next move is absolutely crucial for him. He needs regular games and a coach who believes in him so his agent can engineer one more big move to a club that doesnt get him and sticks him back in the development side.
The bottom line for Allan is does he want to play football or is he happy just to pick up a wage? So far it appears to be the latter. Maybe that's the mandate he's given his agent or perhaps the agent has total influence on his decision making. Maybe it's time he thought about switching agents.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2017, 10:52 AM

Hun never has and never will mean Protestant. A hun is a Rangers (Sevco) fan.

I'm a Protestant and I've never been called a hun in my life.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 10:57 AM

Agreed. What a weirdo (Hun) post to have to respond to.

heidtheba
03-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Apologies if I've missed something here, is this a hypothetical 'we should be interested/should not' or has there been credible sources saying we're in for him?

johncrobertson@
03-06-2017, 10:59 AM
There is a certain irony in the Scott Allan situation. If he hadn't been determined to move and he had stayed, would we have got our holy grail? We wouldn't have got Liam and Dylan, history may have been different. Sometimes these situations work for you, and it worked for us! On the field the guy was one of the best I've seen in a Hibees jersey. His head was turned by Agents etc, won't be the first and won't be the last!

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 11:07 AM
There is a certain irony in the Scott Allan situation. If he hadn't been determined to move and he had stayed, would we have got our holy grail? We wouldn't have got Liam and Dylan, history may have been different. Sometimes these situations work for you, and it worked for us! On the field the guy was one of the best I've seen in a Hibees jersey. His head was turned by Agents etc, won't be the first and won't be the last!

No. It's all speculation, but we wouldn't have won the cup with Allan. A great player, but as the banner said, it was a time for heroes, and whatever his other attributes he certainly hasn't shown himself to be one of that breed.

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 11:25 AM

Not sure that's the case Falkirk :greengrin

18Hibee75
03-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Who?

The only hun I know that was at hibs is Danny Handling, does he still play for us though? Not sure.

Eyrie
03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
This is Allan's record since leaving Hibs

Season
Club
Appearances
Goals

2015-16
Celtc

2016-17
Rotherham(Loan)

In the two seasons before joining Hibs, he was officially a West Brom player but played zero games for them and had four loans spells, during which time he played 33 games and scored 2 goals.

Basically the one season with Hibs has been, by a long way, the highlight of his career so far... and he blew it.
You do realise that hard facts have no chance against a blinkered opinion?

The Leith Dutch
03-06-2017, 12:22 PM
my tuppence worth

Biggest yes.
Best is surely 21st May last year no?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Seen a lot of talk about him on separate threads and feel like he maybe needs a thread of his own. Personally I would absolutely love him back and think he would 100% improve our midfield with him SJM, Swanson/Mcgeouch/Bartley etc. Don't know if Lennons at all interested? But IMHO I think he should be in Scotland squad with the talent he has and a move to Hibs could give him a real career boost again.

What is it he has done over the last couple of years to merit a post like this?

jeffers
03-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Absolutely nothing, but neither has Malonga since he left and some posters would love him back. Equally Stokes has done very little in the spells either side of his loan with us and probably even more fans would like him back.

I don't think for a minute he's lost that ability and it's ability that should see him in the Scotland squad. If Lennon felt he could get the best out of him it would be a risk worth taking, all of course imo.

ColinNish
03-06-2017, 12:58 PM

'A good Hibee' aye?
Funny how the kids at his football school run around in red, white and blue strips......

ColinNish
03-06-2017, 01:00 PM

You sunshine, are at it. Its no the first time I've seen you trying to turn a thread into a sectarian argument.

sambajustice
03-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Yeah... 😎

keep the faith
03-06-2017, 01:20 PM
'A good Hibee' aye?
Funny how the kids at his football school run around in red, white and blue strips......

Yeah a good hibee.

hhibs
03-06-2017, 01:21 PM
You sunshine, are at it. Its no the first time I've seen you trying to turn a thread into a sectarian argument.

That explains it.

03-06-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't like the way Allan went about things at the end. Hibs and Stubbs had revived his career and saved him from the scrap heap and he just showed total disrespect. The moment the huns came in with that pitfiul offer that they knew fine well hibs would instantly reject but was intended to simply turn the players head, Allan started throwing his toys out the pram and angling for the huns to come back in for him. He absolutely took rangers bait. Plenty talent but a bad attitude IMO.

We have a great spirit in the dressing room and i'd worry about anyone coming it that would cause disruption but as a player he is a great talent and it would be very hard to turn him down if he was interested in returning. With Lennon as a manger though I think there would be strict words with him about his attitude and conduct. Nothing bad against Stubbs at all but he was more of a arm round the shoulder manager, where as Lennon is a bit tougher. Nothing wrong at all with being an arm around the shoulder kinda manager, in fact I think its a really good thing but sometimes you need a tougher, no nonsense, manager to deal with players who have big egos and known to have a bit of an attitude.

snooky
03-06-2017, 01:31 PM
No. It's all speculation, but we wouldn't have won the cup with Allan. A great player, but as the banner said, it was a time for heroes, and whatever his other attributes he certainly hasn't shown himself to be one of that breed.
That's just speculation, Bob :wink:

jeffers
03-06-2017, 01:33 PM
I don't like the way Allan went about things at the end. Hibs and Stubbs had revived his career and saved him from the scrap heap and he just showed total disrespect. The moment the huns came in with that pitfiul offer that they knew fine well hibs would instantly reject but was intended to simply turn the players head, Allan started throwing his toys out the pram and angling for the huns to come back in for him. He absolutely took rangers bait. Plenty talent but a bad attitude IMO.

We have a great spirit in the dressing room and i'd worry about anyone coming it that would cause disruption but as a player he is a great talent and it would be very hard to turn him down if he was interested in returning. With Lennon as a manger though I think there would be strict words with him about his attitude and conduct. Nothing bad against Stubbs at all but he was more of a arm round the shoulder manager, where as Lennon is a bit tougher. Nothing wrong at all with being an arm around the shoulder kinda manager, in fact I think its a really good thing but sometimes you need a tougher, no nonsense, manager to deal with players who have big egos and known to have a bit of an attitude.

To be fair Stubbs did take a chance on him, but he rewarded that with a number of MoM performances, was our best player that season and was deservedly voted best player in the league. Could he have gone about his departure better yes he could but he is a Hun supporter and always has been, so when the chance came to join them he wanted to. Disappointing as it was I can't blame him. In an ideal world every player in our team would be a Hibs supporter, but even then that wouldn't stop them moving to the Old Firm if the opportunity arose - as we've seen more than once.

Not directed at you but does anyone know how he was viewed by his team mates when he was with us ?

chrisski33
03-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Wish this scott allan thing would just go. Hes been fked off when it suited him. He aint coming back!

jacomo
03-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Next to nothing of course.

I can understand why people want him back. But it would be a huge risk.

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 02:23 PM
'A good Hibee' aye?

Posts 173 and 174 confuse me if we are keeping things ecumenical. Is there a reason why kids shouldn't run around in red white and blue strips? I've worn all three colours in a very medal free career whilst being a commited republican and recognising that Kevin Thomson is a good Hibby albeit a smelly proddy. Can't have it all.
Scott Allan on the other hand isn't a Hibby at all but if he signs he will be.

WhileTheChief..
03-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Have we been linked with him?

Do we know if Lennon is even interested or is this thread just killing time?

DavidDavidGray
03-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Scott Allan has had one good season in his career, and that happened to come at Hibs. His attitude when leaving Hibs was a disgrace and one of the reasons he fell out of favour at Rotherham was his attitude. What's the evidence to say he's not a one-season wonder? I wouldn't take him back at Hibs, don't think he's as good as people make him out to be

Super_JMcGinn
03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Scott Allan has had one good season in his career, and that happened to come at Hibs. His attitude when leaving Hibs was a disgrace and one of the reasons he fell out of favour at Rotherham was his attitude. What's the evidence to say he's not a one-season wonder? I wouldn't take him back at Hibs, don't think he's as good as people make him out to be

No more of a disgrace than Ian Murray or Kevin Thomson engineering moves west. Scotty would be an amazing signing.

Captain Trips
03-06-2017, 04:35 PM
I hear that this thread wanted to go to the follow follow message board.

keep the faith
03-06-2017, 05:25 PM
I hear that this thread wanted to go to the follow follow message board.

There are certainly some small minded, bigoted and embarrassing mindsets on this thread worthy of follow follow that's for sure.
This should be about Scott Allan the football player and nothing else.
I would love him back and as for the small minded mr angry stuff on here - im out.

Eyrie
03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
There are certainly some small minded, bigoted and embarrassing mindsets on this thread worthy of follow follow that's for sure.
I would love him back and as for the small minded mr angry stuff on here - im out.

And at 25 years old the only positive thing he's done as a football player is have one good season. If that season hadn't been for us then nobody would be interested in someone whose attitude has regularly been criticised. He couldn't even put in a decent shift for the one manager that he had played well for when given an opportunity to do so at a different club.

Andy74
03-06-2017, 05:48 PM
No more of a disgrace than Ian Murray or Kevin Thomson engineering moves west. Scotty would be an amazing signing.

Yes it was more of a disgrace.

Those players had been developed over a period and gave some years to the club.

Allan managed a whole year of a two year deal before noisi g up, having done nowt in his career to that point.

He also tried to go direct to what was a proper rival for a title into the bargain.

Golden Bear
03-06-2017, 05:51 PM

Well said.

CMurdoch
03-06-2017, 06:01 PM
The only issues for me with a player are his ability, attitude and previous performances:

He was a very young guy at Dundee Utd
After a handful of first team games he demands to leave and forces his way to England

Goes to WBA and rots doing he haw whilst collecting good wedge.

Contract eventually ends and goes to Hibs to get himself up and running again.
Has a single great season in the Championship and demands to leave forcing his way out as the season is about to begin.

Goes to Celtic and rots whilst collecting good wedge again.

Goes to Rotherham and despite them being the worst team in the English Championship can't get a game with his attitude publicly questioned.

Back to Celtic to continue wedge collection.

All things considered a very easy no from me.
There must be more consistent performers out there.

21sMay
03-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Won't be at hibs this transfer window. Stokes and Henderson on the other hand......

JimboHibs
03-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Won't be at hibs this transfer window. Stokes and Henderson on the other hand......

You can forget about Henderson there's more chance of Scott Allan being at Hibs than Hendo.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 07:41 PM
A white Larry Kingston

Not In The Know
03-06-2017, 08:53 PM
:cbI heard from a good source Allan is looking to engineer a move from Hibs in January...

hfc rd
03-06-2017, 10:15 PM

I also believe that Lennon can get the best out of him but the other question being will Allan work hard to make that happen or will he let his childish attitude dictate his career?

I wouldn't mind him here if he can still do a similar job to what he done in his last spell with us on the park but can understand why some don't want to bring him back after the fiasco he caused with the sevco interest.

3pm
03-06-2017, 10:21 PM
#bringhimback

snooky
03-06-2017, 10:52 PM
The only issues for me with a player are his ability, attitude and previous performances:

He was a very young guy at Dundee Utd
After a handful of first team games he demands to leave and forces his way to England

Goes to WBA and rots doing he haw whilst collecting good wedge.

Contract eventually ends and goes to Hibs to get himself up and running again.
Has a single great season in the Championship and demands to leave forcing his way out as the season is about to begin.

Goes to Celtic and rots whilst collecting good wedge again.

Goes to Rotherham and despite them being the worst team in the English Championship can't get a game with his attitude publicly questioned.

Back to Celtic to continue wedge collection.

All things considered a very easy no from me.
There must be more consistent performers out there.

Fair assessment, CM. I tend to agree. His boat has sailed

LustForLeith
04-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Heard from a Hearts mate that he's apparently going there. Along with Alan McGregor and Whittaker

cmcd
04-06-2017, 03:35 PM
Posts 173 and 174 confuse me if we are keeping things ecumenical. Is there a reason why kids shouldn't run around in red white and blue strips? I've worn all three colours in a very medal free career whilst being a commited republican and recognising that Kevin Thomson is a good Hibby albeit a smelly proddy. Can't have it all.
Scott Allan on the other hand isn't a Hibby at all but if he signs he will be.

Why do you people feel the need to bring KT into you're stupid posts ??

makaveli1875
04-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Heard from a Hearts mate that he's apparently going there. Along with Alan McGregor and Whittaker

Theyre only going for the chips

Iggy Pope
04-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Why do you people feel the need to bring KT into you're stupid posts ??

I'm responding to posts about KT my friend, nothing more,
I never brought him into the thread.
What's stupid about my post? And what's the 'you people' crack?

bingo70
04-06-2017, 03:50 PM
For everyone that's going on about his poor attitude and work rate it's worth remembering that to get to where he is today he's probably had to work twice as hard as anyone else due to him being type 1 diabetic. My wife is T1 and I find it difficult to grasp how difficult it must be to be a professional athlete while dealing with the condition.

In terms of how he left us last time, I don't really care tbh, he probably had the rangers telling him what to do to work his ticket out of the club, he'll have had his agent probably doing the same thing and I expect he didn't want to do anything that would jeapordise what would have been a dream move for him. It bothered me at the time but life's too short to hold grudges, I loved watching him play for the Hibs and if he was to re-sign I'd enjoy watching him play for us again.

I'd be gutted if he ended up at hearts or somewhere else in Scottish football.

keep the faith
04-06-2017, 04:27 PM
For everyone that's going on about his poor attitude and work rate it's worth remembering that to get to where he is today he's probably had to work twice as hard as anyone else due to him being type 1 diabetic. My wife is T1 and I find it difficult to grasp how difficult it must be to be a professional athlete while dealing with the condition.

In terms of how he left us last time, I don't really care tbh, he probably had the rangers telling him what to do to work his ticket out of the club, he'll have had his agent probably doing the same thing and I expect he didn't want to do anything that would jeapordise what would have been a dream move for him. It bothered me at the time but life's too short to hold grudges, I loved watching him play for the Hibs and if he was to re-sign I'd enjoy watching him play for us again.

Bang on.

SanFranHibs
04-06-2017, 04:47 PM

I never concern myself with other teams recruitments. That is out of our hands.

As far as Scott Allan is concerned, although I have to admit I can only go on his one season at Hibs, I do not see much to hope that he might apply himself if he ever returned here. During his short tenure here one could not fail to see he had some great skills but I felt that he thought he was too good for us. This may be complete nonsense but I could only go by his body language and the way he interacted with his team mates. I also thought he and McGeouch did not often work well together. I recall a few times McGeouch would pass the ball to Allan, move forward looking for the return but Allan and had turned inside and then McGeouch was out of position and looked like a rugby player wheeling back behind the ball.

However, in obvious contradiction to my earlier concern about him applying himself, I think Allan is too good to be rotting away on the bench and if Lennon did get him on loan we might see the best of him. Lennons passions seem to get the best out of some players.

But as we don't even know if he is on Lennons radar, (well I certainly don't), it is mere speculation. And I still think I take a better corner than Allan :greengrin

Ending on a serious but happy note, it is fun when people just pluck names out and throw them in the Hibs target ring. Henderson, Stokes, Allan, Whittaker and more. I think what makes it different this year is the obvious good feeling surrounding the club and although none might happen, none can definitely be discounted, such is the upswing in our fortunes. Who knows where some of those players might land up, even if just on loan. And I can't think of any place in Scotland better to play next season than ER. Want an easy league winners medal? Then Celtic Park is the place to be, if you can get in. But other than that, ER is the place to be. Oh, and did I mention our training facilities? :greengrin

Keep the speculation rolling please. It makes fun reading.

:flag::flag:

hibs#1
04-06-2017, 05:09 PM
A white Larry Kingston

Behave Kingston is only 21,still got plenty of time to get his career back on track.😈

cmcd
04-06-2017, 06:45 PM

Surely even you can work it out for yourself

jacomo
04-06-2017, 07:54 PM

Whittaker a good pro who won't ruffle feathers but those other 2 will destroy Cathy within weeks.

Diclonius
04-06-2017, 08:14 PM
7 pages regarding a player who hasn't been credibly linked with either Hibs or Hearts. Mental.

Mantis Toboggan
04-06-2017, 09:29 PM

I'm anti sectarian. I'm not the one claiming we shouldn't sign huns am I?

Scouse Hibee
04-06-2017, 09:35 PM

You have tried to relate the term hun to a specific religion have you not?

weecounty hibby
04-06-2017, 09:39 PM

The only people who think the term Hun is sectarian are rangers fans trying to deflect from their own bigoted ways. The term Hun is aimed at rangers fans whether they are Protestant, catholic, jew, bhudist or Muslim. I am from a Protestant background and have always and will continue to call rangers and their fans Huns. The issue about whether we should sign them or not is a bit daft as unfortunately there are a huge number of them and some will be good footballers so if they are good enough to play for us then I have no problem with that

ian cruise
04-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Only two things should matter when looking at signing a player, are they good enough & do they want to be here? Nothing else matters.

Jim44
04-06-2017, 10:01 PM
I've no strong feelings about whether he ever plays for us again or not, but I have absolutely no doubt that he doesn't deserve the obsessive attention he gets on this board.

hhibs
05-06-2017, 10:03 AM

As stated by ColinNish you are " at it " or really do not wish to comprehend.

portyfelly
05-06-2017, 10:20 AM
:confused:

Scott Allan or Dave Allan?

FilipinoHibs
05-06-2017, 01:57 PM
This more than twice as long as the Whittaker thread!

Iggy Pope
05-06-2017, 02:00 PM

Surely even you can work it out for yourself

I've worked out the last bit. You now need to read the rest of the thread.

Salt N Sauzee
14-06-2017, 02:50 PM
See he's signed for Dundee. What a career he's made for himself.

Let there never be another thread about him on here again! :na na:

easty
14-06-2017, 02:57 PM
He'll do really well there I reckon.

Iain G
14-06-2017, 03:19 PM
He'll do really well there I reckon.

I don't think he will, will get the huff about something and not try his hardest and end up back in Celtic reserves by Christmas.

snooky
14-06-2017, 04:29 PM
See he's signed for Dundee. What a career he's made for himself.

Let there never be another thread about him on here again! :na na:

Except the other one about him signing for Dundee on loan :whistle: