PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Christie.

Thecat23
02-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Been told he's one of a couple on Lennons list and we are looking to get a loan deal sorted.

Really hope this can happen as I rate him highly. Fingers crossed it's true.

oneone73
02-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Don't like loans between clubs in the same division.

Scorrie
02-06-2017, 11:50 AM
That would be some signing even on loan. Christie's real quality

Albanian Hibs
02-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Been told he's one of a couple on Lennons list and we are looking to get a loan deal sorted.

Really hope this can happen as I rate him highly. Fingers crossed it's true.

I take it he isnt going back to Aberdeen then?

Thecat23
02-06-2017, 11:53 AM
I take it he isnt going back to Aberdeen then?

Not that I know of. Not saying he won't but as it stands he's defo one Lennon likes.

Unseen work
02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Aberdeen will get him as part of the Hayes deal

Elephant Stone
02-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Would be a very, very good signing.

.Sean.
02-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Permanently yes but not a loan.

Heisenberg
02-06-2017, 12:07 PM

This would make sense. Saw it reported elsewhere, Daily Mail maybe, that separately from the Hayes deal Aberdeen had bid 500k for Christie with a massive sell on clause. Would be surprised if we got him but he's a cracking player, exactly the kind of midfielder we need.

500miles
02-06-2017, 12:10 PM
A similar deal to the Allan one? Mcginn for £1m, Henderson permanent and Christie on loan? 😉

Stevie Reid
02-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Permanently yes but not a loan.

Why not? No chance we could afford a permanent deal.

S4uzee
02-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Would rather Scott Allan

matty_f
02-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Christie would improve the team, if we can get him in even on loan, we should (IMHO).

Baw187
02-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Would bite Celtic's hand off to get him on loan or permanent. Hope this turns out to be true.

jeffers
02-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Would rather Scott Allan

Me too. Don't think we've ever replaced him. Such a waste of talent, should be a regular in Scotland squad with the ability he has.

E10 Rifle
02-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Me too. Don't think we've ever replaced him. Such a waste of talent, should be a regular in Scotland squad with the ability he has.
Agree

southsider
02-06-2017, 12:47 PM
One terrific season under Stubbsy. The rest of his career has been a washout. Perhaps NL can get him back to his best and get rid of his B A.

Lago
02-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Would rather Scott Allan
Agree.

Godsahibby
02-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Ryan is a quality player and no chance he would be part of the Hayes deal. Has the potential to be far better than Hayes.

Celtic will want him playing so he can keep improving, a loan deal is the most likely so he can then fit back into the team or punt him with a big sell on fee.

Baw187
02-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I'd rather have Christie than Allan. We're quite well endowed in the CM position and Christie would bring us something a bit more direct, which I think we need.

Plus, not a fan of brining old players back, especially the ones that left under a bit of a cloud. Like getting back with an old girlfriend after a terse break up, in my experience, there's always that little bit of resentment that curbs the enthusiasm on both sides.

MacGruber
02-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Would rather Liam Henderson

Dalianwanda
02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Would rather Scott Allan

No chance..He's done nothing since he left us and i don't see the evidence he would knuckle down if he did come back. Would much prefer Christie.

KWJ
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Think we'd be foolish not to enquire about him.

Great player who would add serious quality on our flanks.

Reckon he'll be in the Scotland squad by this time next year.

Iain G
02-06-2017, 02:07 PM

Meh, shame his attitude stinks.

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
I'd rather we got Christie than Allan. Mainly because he's a better player.

neil7908
02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
I'd take Christie, Allan or Henderson but I do have concerns about Allan fitting in under Neil Lennon.

erin go bragh
02-06-2017, 02:18 PM

I read that Christie was offered as part of the Hayes deal but knocked it back because he is a big Celtic fan . So a season long loan to us could benifit us and him .

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Dont want him unless we can get him permanently, developing players for Celtic doesn't make sense.

Keyser Sauzee
02-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Dont want him unless we can get him permanently, developing players for Celtic doesn't make sense.

But it's not about us developing Celtic players, it's about us benefitting from a better quality of player, for a shorter period albeit but it definitely makes sense for Hibs, otherwise we wouldn't do it.

Thecat23
02-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Sky sports saying Christie could be heading to dons as part of Hayes deal. Hope not!

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 02:56 PM
But it's not about us developing Celtic players, it's about us benefitting from a better quality of player, for a shorter period albeit but it definitely makes sense for Hibs, otherwise we wouldn't do it.

I'd rather we went for someone we could have for 2/3 years then move on for a decent price. Getting Allan/Henderson back permanently makes much more sense than Christie for 12 months.

We aren't in the Championship anymore, we don't need short term solutions, we should be looking at both the present and long term benefits of signings.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Sky sports saying Christie could be heading to dons as part of Hayes deal. Hope not!

Unless he's going on loan as part of the deal that's VERY shortsighted from Celtic's PoV

Gmack7
02-06-2017, 03:24 PM

It worked ok with Henderson

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 03:33 PM
It worked ok with HendersonDifference is we needed promotion at all costs, Celtic weren't our rivals then.

KWJ
02-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Would expect Christie to go to Aberdeen on loan or perm but well worth us sniffing.

Loans are worthwhile when it's a big improvement to the squad like Christie would be. Loans like Doherty, Allan Smart, Tom Soares, Danny Hayes and what not are squad padding pish.

hibs#1
02-06-2017, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing Celtic will spend big on a midfielder this summer.so I'm guessing Allan,Christie and Henderson will be surplus to requirements.id also guess we would sign at least one of them as well with armstrong,biton,Brown,McGregor,rogic and the young African guy they signed all being higher up the pecking order.

MWHIBBIES
02-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Would expect Christie to go to Aberdeen on loan or perm but well worth us sniffing.

Loans are worthwhile when it's a big improvement to the squad like Christie would be. Loans like Doherty, Allan Smart, Tom Soares, Danny Hayes and what not are squad padding pish.Doherty was a much better player than the other 3. Actually played well for us aside from the final. Scored an important goal vs Dunfermline as well.

ekhibee
02-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Doherty was a much better player than the other 3. Actually played well for us aside from the final. Scored an important goal vs Dunfermline as well.
I think a lot of people would struggle to compliment Doherty after his comments about Hibs.

calumhibee1
02-06-2017, 05:56 PM
I'd rather we got Christie than Allan. Mainly because he's a better player.

Scott Allan showed at us what a good player he is. Absolutely no chance Ryan Christie is better than him.

Heisenberg
02-06-2017, 08:31 PM

Looks like it. Although seems Aberdeen tried for permanent and Celtc weren't having it.

IberianHibernian
02-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Doherty was a much better player than the other 3. Actually played well for us aside from the final. Scored an important goal vs Dunfermline as well.Agree . Probably the best right back we`ve had in the last decade and seems to have done quite well since ( in international squad this week for example ) . Some choose to base their opinion on him on something said in frustration after a terrible result . My main memory of him is an outstanding performance in the vital 3-2 win at Inverness that more or less sealed our place in SPL for another year . Not quite sure it`s fair to question attitude of other 2012 loanees either as though other loanees before or after have been more committed .

pacorosssco
03-06-2017, 02:23 AM
Agree . Probably the best right back we`ve had in the last decade and seems to have done quite well since ( in international squad this week for example ) . Some choose to base their opinion on him on something said in frustration after a terrible result . My main memory of him is an outstanding performance in the vital 3-2 win at Inverness that more or less sealed our place in SPL for another year . Not quite sure it`s fair to question attitude of other 2012 loanees either as though other loanees before or after have been more committed .

U make a point with ability and points he helped us get keep us in spl but his comments were disgraceful after final and david gray wins best rb award of last ten based on 90 at hampden 2016 hands down

RoxburghHibs
03-06-2017, 04:04 AM
I think a lot of people would struggle to compliment Doherty after his comments about Hibs.

What did he say?

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2017, 06:14 AM
What did he say?

After Final in 2012, on the Sunday he tweeted, looking for suggestions on things to do. Someone replied that after the result the prior day, he should keep a low profile.

His response was something along the lines of I'm not bothered about yesterday.

So glad the loan signings of charlatans like him are behind us, we have players who genuinely understand what it means to play for us now

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Hopefully Cardiff beat Celtic to get Hayes and might help us to get Christie as he was meant to be part of the Hayes to Celtic deal.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Difference is we needed promotion at all costs, Celtic weren't our rivals then.

I hate to break it to you, but they arent really our rivals now either!

oneone73
05-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I hate to break it to you, but they arent really our rivals now either!

They are, in the cups at least.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-06-2017, 01:29 PM
They are, in the cups at least.

No more so than when we were in the 1st division though.

jeffers
05-06-2017, 01:30 PM
I know he was highly rated at Inverness, but is Christie that good ? Other than the goal against us which was clever I didn't notice him during the semi. Is he better than say Henderson ?

nellio
05-06-2017, 01:36 PM
There's a good discussion on the Cardiff city forum I'm a member of. Most folk saying that although standard of football is higher in the Championship they would understand if he went to Celtic because they get big crowds every week, play in the Champions league and also win everything!

Godsahibby
05-06-2017, 01:51 PM
I know he was highly rated at Inverness, but is Christie that good ? Other than the goal against us which was clever I didn't notice him during the semi. Is he better than say Henderson ?

Totally different types of players IMO. Potentially I think Christie could go on to be a far better player than Henderson. Like Henderson they are both at a point that they need to be playing every week. Neither will do themselves any favours staying at Celtic.