PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875 - Singing Section Update

Since1875Hibs
02-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Over 210 season tickets for the Singing Section in Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper have now been sold with the remainder on sale from this morning.

To set context, this is an increase of 165 season tickets from the previous section at the front of the East Stand.

Work is underway with the club to construct the podium at the front of the section. We've also started work on the visual side of things for the opening games of the season.

We'd encourage those wanting to join us in the Singing Section to do so quickly. If you have purchased a season ticket for another part of the ground already and now wish to move, you can do this quickly and easily by calling the Ticket Office who will arrange this for you.

Thanks for your continued support.

GGTTH

Since 1875

Salt N Sauzee
02-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Over 210 season tickets for the Singing Section in Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper have now been sold with the remainder on sale from this morning.

To set context, this is an increase of 165 season tickets from the previous section at the front of the East Stand.

Work is underway with the club to construct the podium at the front of the section. We've also started work on the visual side of things for the opening games of the season.

We'd encourage those wanting to join us in the Singing Section to do so quickly. If you have purchased a season ticket for another part of the ground already and now wish to move, you can do this quickly and easily by calling the Ticket Office who will arrange this for you.

Thanks for your continued support.

GGTTH

Since 1875

A podium at the front of the Famous Fiver upper? :worried:

Onceinawhile
02-06-2017, 08:09 AM
210 is a great number. How many does the section hold?

Since1875Hibs
02-06-2017, 08:10 AM
210 is a great number. How many does the section hold?

InchHibby
02-06-2017, 08:16 AM
This alone is worth buying a season ticket, can't wait to see it all in place, well done the singing section, it will make for a great atmosphere. :flag:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Keep up the good work - be good for it to eventually take up the whole top tier

Not In The Know
02-06-2017, 08:49 AM
brilliant stuff!

What kind of podium?

Brightside
02-06-2017, 09:03 AM
brilliant stuff!

What kind of podium?

Sparkly - for all the dancers they are going to have.

Big_Franck
02-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Wish you all the best for this season but we'll be staying in section 43 for this season. If the singing section was to move to the FF lower for 18/19 I'd definitely move. Just don't think the top corner of the FF is ideal. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the first game though.

Since90+2
02-06-2017, 09:08 AM
That is an impressive amount and can see it reaching around 250 by the time the season starts.

As the above post if it was in the FF lower I would have moved as just think its the most natural place for it to be. Would imagine the numbers would be far larger if in FF lower but I understand the clubs reluctance at the moment.

GreenCastle
02-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Wish you all the best for this season but we'll be staying in section 43 for this season. If the singing section was to move to the FF lower for 18/19 I'd definitely move. Just don't think the top corner of the FF is ideal.

Let's give it a chance :)

I'm excited to see this plus displays and noise created.

I would expect the East will still retain plenty of singers and the other encouraging thing for me is the youths / next hibs fans will hopefully be inspired and want to get involved in years to come.

A full famous five upper singing and dancing would be great to see.

Hopefully no smoke bombs launched from top tier as kids below and those in famous five upper currently don't have any viewing issues if people plan to stand for full game.

Cabbage East
02-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Anyone fancy explaining what the podium chat is all about?

RIP
02-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Let's give it a chance :)

I'm excited to see this plus displays and noise created.

I would expect the East will still retain plenty of singers and the other encouraging thing for me is the youths / next hibs fans will hopefully be inspired and want to get involved in years to come.

A full famous five upper singing and dancing would be great to see.

Hopefully no smoke bombs launched from top tier as kids below and those in famous five upper currently don't have any viewing issues if people plan to stand for full game.

This.

I know of a few more older singers who are moving into the old gantry area in Section 43 and there will still be hundreds standing and singing in that area for years to come.

These lads have always enjoyed the side on view to the pitch and the banter with the away fans.

However we should be looking to build in a longer term standing section in the North so well done and good luck to the Since1875 brigade in the season ahead.

ALF TUPPER
02-06-2017, 10:27 AM
No match for the "choir" in the West Lower.
😉😂

Let the competition commence. 😋

lyonhibs
02-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Anyone fancy explaining what the podium chat is all about?

I imagine it's because there'll be a continental style chant leader (with drum ??) up there starting chants etc.

If that's what it is then IMO it's a wee bit "try hard" and trying to copy what is a continental thing naturally but I may well be in the minority with that opinion.

Interested to see how the singing section develops next season though.

Mr White
02-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Fair play and good work for getting that many seasons sold in section 25. Hopefully it has the desired positive effect on the atmosphere in the ground and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got planned next season.

Betty Boop
02-06-2017, 12:04 PM
I imagine it's because there'll be a continental style chant leader (with drum ??) up there starting chants etc.

If that's what it is then IMO it's a wee bit "try hard" and trying to copy what is a continental thing naturally but I may well be in the minority with that opinion.

Like this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI

ShadesLongThrow
02-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Like this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI

I think we have found a new Hibs Kids competition. Lead the songs on a Saturday.
Liked the look of that but not sure about the 10 year old at the front!

yonder1875
02-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Hypothesising here, but imagine the whole FF lower as a safe standing area.

Since1875Hibs
02-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Hypothesising here, but imagine the whole FF lower as a safe standing area.

That's the ambition which we are discussing with the Club regularly.

Every penny recently has gone to the playing side of things. Not doing that would have been criminal.

We're back where we belong now, who knows what a strong season could bring in terms of safe standing.

Onceinawhile
02-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Where would we put the family section though?

GreenCastle
02-06-2017, 01:52 PM
That's the ambition which we are discussing with the Club regularly.

Every penny recently has gone to the playing side of things. Not doing that would have been criminal.

We're back where we belong now, who knows what a strong season could bring in terms of safe standing.

It seems there is high demand for Hibs kids tickets and the FF lower seems full to capacity nearly so maybe in near future Hibs may move family section to West Lower to accommodate...who knows..

Good luck to the new section and hopefully it's full every game :agree:

Betty Boop
02-06-2017, 02:01 PM
I think we have found a new Hibs Kids competition. Lead the songs on a Saturday.
Liked the look of that but not sure about the 10 year old at the front!

Think he's six :greengrin

Since1875Hibs
02-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Clearly if safe standing was to happen in FF Lower the family section would need to be in another part of the stadium.

FF Upper was also discussed as an area.

Not sure if East is too steep.

Baw187
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Fill the corner between East and North with a safe standing area, big scoreboard / tv screen, and a hu*****us supporters bar behind it.

That's what my investment shout would be.

Onceinawhile
02-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Fill the corner between East and North with a safe standing area, big scoreboard / tv screen, and a hu*****us supporters bar behind it.

Aye. That'll sail through planning permission.

erin go bragh
02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Where would we put the family section though?
That's the problem . If we fill in the FF to East corner , we could put the singing section in there .
That way everybody is happy .

Pete
02-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Just fill in all the corners. I'm sure some people are actively looking for obstacles.

Baw187
02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Aye. That'll sail through planning permission.

Nothing like a bureaucrat to come along and kill your dreams with a dose of practical reality.

livi hibs 1875
02-06-2017, 03:18 PM

I've always thought this was one of the reasons it was put up there to see if the corner was a possibility in the future if it works well

Iggy Pope
03-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Not sure if it's 'try hard' but the fellah with the drum has tried his Bollox off and (IMO) raised the (away support at least) to a frenzy when it mattered most.
At ER, the shot I got of one gadge holding the drum while his mate hit it at the Hertz replay last season will stay with me for a long long time.

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Just fill in all the corners. I'm sure some people are actively looking for obstacles.

You mean like the Houses and Ticket Office that would have to be bought and knocked down, and the Road that would have to be re-routed, to extend into the North West corner?

Or the part of the industrial estate that would have to be bought and knocked down (plus road) in the South East corner?

I know, we should just ignore that, and the associated costs, for an extra 3,000 seats.

erin go bragh
03-06-2017, 03:44 PM
You mean like the Houses and Ticket Office that would have to be bought and knocked down, and the Road that would have to be re-routed, to extend into the North West corner?

Or the part of the industrial estate that would have to be bought and knocked down (plus road) in the South East corner?

I know, we should just ignore that, and the associated costs, for an extra 3,000 seats.

Noyhing stopping us filling in the FF to the East corner .

InchHibby
03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
I've mentioned it on previous threads, the corner between Famous Five and East would be the ideal place for the singing/standing section.
I know it'll cost a few bob but the way things are going at the moment it won't be that long until we need more space.
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and I think the management team we have at the moment will be thinking along these lines.
In the meantime, well done the singing section and I can't wait for the new season to begin.:flag:

hibee92
03-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Anything that improves the atmosphere is a good thing for me. Don't agree with the location but as long as we've got a packed, loud easter road you'll hear no complaints from me. Well done troops 👍

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Noyhing stopping us filling in the FF to the East corner .

I was replying to a comment suggesting we should fill in all four corners.

The poster said that not to do so was "just looking for problems".

I was merely pointing out that the problems he was accusing people of "looking for" are kind of hard to miss.

If the time comes when the club decide it's expedient and cost effective to fill in the North East and/or South West Corners, they'll have my full support.

Onceinawhile
03-06-2017, 05:08 PM
I've mentioned it on previous threads, the corner between Famous Five and East would be the ideal place for the singing/standing section.
I know it'll cost a few bob but the way things are going at the moment it won't be that long until we need more space.
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and I think the management team we have at the moment will be thinking along these lines.
In the meantime, well done the singing section and I can't wait for the new season to begin.:flag:

There is no chance it will get through planning.

How would you deal with the way being one tier and the North being two? Also we can't speculate to accumulate. We have no outside lending facility only our current debt which we have fixed repayments for.

Carheenlea
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
There doesn't look like there will be many seats left there for seasons start, and if it proves to be the big improvement we all hope, then there will be a few moving seats across to join in.
Really looking forward to seeing how all this works out - can't wait for start of season!

wookie70
03-06-2017, 09:14 PM
If a safe standing area is too be built make it self funding. Charge a wee bit more for season tickets and let those that want to stand pay for the privileged. Twenty years ago I would have been happy with that but kids and old age can change your views on standing. If we continue to get bigger crowds and filling the corners in becomes a possibility(unlikely in my view) then the problem can be solved by making those areas standing.

On the singing section, good luck to you. The more atmosphere the better and I have enjoyed greatly some of the great days, particularly away from home, where the drummer and his mates have kicked up a storm. Tiny this year was a very special atmosphere, well at least in the Hibs end. The supporters of Trappist Monks FC didn't seem that excited by the game.

IanFaeClerrie
03-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Clearly if safe standing was to happen in FF Lower the family section would need to be in another part of the stadium.

FF Upper was also discussed as an area.

Not sure if East is too steep.
We stand in the East every game