PDA

View Full Version : Green Brickwork on the Stadium

Frogga
01-06-2017, 09:03 PM
While walking past the stadium today I noticed that the beige coloured brickwork at the bottom half of the Famous 5 (exterior) has been painted green. Hopefully they're going to do this to more of the stadium as it looks good and adds character!

tamig
01-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Wee Blackie did a grand job after his release.

hibsfan
01-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Far from brilliant pictures, but was driving past tonight and spotted this.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2017, 10:42 PM
The big question is, is it dark or emerald green? :greengrin

An interesting move from Hibs, obviously making big efforts to 'Hibby' up the stadium :aok:

Waxy
01-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Bottle green.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2017, 10:57 PM
They now need to paint the supporting concrete columns white .... that would look cracking :thumbsup:

MB62
02-06-2017, 12:39 PM

You're right :greengrin

GreenCastle
02-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Good to see things like this happening.

Especially a road which is passed by many each day.

Hopefully they do more Hibs branding around and inside stadium to make it more Hibs themed.

kaimendhibs
02-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Did you use a box brownie?😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

.Sean.
02-06-2017, 01:41 PM
As I've said numerous times, long overdue. Stadium outside needs a proper power wash and a freshen up, Famous Five in particular.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2017, 01:45 PM
As I've said numerous times, long overdue. Stadium outside needs a proper power wash and a freshen up, Famous Five in particular.

:agree: Maybe a nice Hibs tartan carpet and a plain emerald green wallpaper in the FF concourse and throw in some hot water in the gents toilet while they're at it. Not fussed about chips either.

.Sean.
02-06-2017, 02:12 PM
:agree: Maybe a nice Hibs tartan carpet and a plain emerald green wallpaper in the FF concourse and throw in some hot water in the gents toilet while they're at it. Not fussed about chips either.
As long as we get Scotlands second largest pane of glass i'll be happy.

Jones28
02-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Looks good, shop has been totally stripped out too. Hopefully that whole end of the ground gets tarted up a bit.

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Looks good, shop has been totally stripped out too. Hopefully that whole end of the ground gets tarted up a bit.

Ooh matron!

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2017, 08:53 AM

No, you are hiding your light under a bushel. It's a terrific snap!

Keith_M
03-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Are there any chips in the paintwork?

PatHead
03-06-2017, 09:28 AM
I asked if they planned on painting the red brick on the inside as well,but there are none just now. Would look great if it was done.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-06-2017, 09:59 AM
The big question is, is it dark or emerald green? :greengrin

An interesting move from Hibs, obviously making big efforts to 'Hibby' up the stadium :aok:

Emerald. Exact same as the colour painted in the East concourse. Looks good

mutley
03-06-2017, 11:02 AM

I am , i would like to see seasoned curly fries...... The Yams couldn't stretch to that budget :na na:

Fuzzywuzzy
03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I'd like to see a totti-esque famous five or David gray mural painted on a wall somewhere near the ground

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2017, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see a totti-esque famous five or David gray mural painted on a wall somewhere near the ground

There's a huge blank gable end right outside the FF that would be perfect for this .... I'm surprised the artists in our support haven't made enquiries to try and find out if we would be allowed to use it :aok:

Bobo
04-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Drove past this morning, it's alright painting the brickwork green but the white cladding could still do with a good clean!

Elephant Stone
04-06-2017, 04:33 PM

Drove past this morning, it's alright painting the brickwork green but the white cladding could still do with a good clean!

Ohhh I like that.

Keith_M
04-06-2017, 05:44 PM

The roof looks manky as well, not a good impression for low flying aircraft.

Renfrew_Hibby
05-06-2017, 08:36 AM
That's an old photo. Roofs been sorted since then.

franks
05-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Saw the green paintwork last night and can't say I'm impressed. I think the money could have been spent on more important issues, also now it's done we will have to keep refreshing it or it will look shabby.

Hope they manage to clean the inside of the FF before the start of the season which hasn't been touched for years.

CapitalGreen
05-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Saw the green paintwork last night and can't say I'm impressed. I think the money could have been spent on more important issues, also now it's done we will have to keep refreshing it or it will look shabby.

Hope they manage to clean the inside of the FF before the start of the season which hasn't been touched for years.

ok

How much did it cost?

Will the paintwork protect the longevity of the brickwork?

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2017, 09:15 AM

I'm not sure I like it either now I've seen a better picture .... they could do to break it up a wee bit by painting the doors and window frames white and perhaps the bollards outside the stand white too.

Keith_M
05-06-2017, 09:28 AM
That's an old photo. Roofs been sorted since then.

Cheers.

It looked like that the last time I had a flight into Edinburgh Airport approaching from the East but admittedly that was a while ago. For some reason we've arrived via the Borders route the last few times.

Just out of interest, when did they fix it?

Renfrew_Hibby
05-06-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it was done at the same time all the green supporting beam's and girders were repainted so maybe 3 summers ago now

Keith_M
05-06-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm sure it was done at the same time all the green supporting beam's and girders were repainted so maybe 3 summers ago now

:aok:

GreenCastle
06-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Just seen it in the flesh and looks really good. Green all the way from the East Stand to west ! Well done hibs !

Liam978
07-06-2017, 09:59 AM

You're not far wrong Frank, it's all marked after all the rain yesterday, the granite used to take an age to dry when wet so probably should have been sealed first, either that or it's still to get another coat.

RyeSloan
07-06-2017, 10:04 AM
You're not far wrong Frank, it's all marked after all the rain yesterday, the granite used to take an age to dry when wet so probably should have been sealed first, either that or it's still to get another coat.

Saw it on Friday when down to move seats...I doubt they will but if it was my hoose I would be going back to B&q for some more paint to do another coat for sure.

percy veer
07-06-2017, 10:27 AM
this thread is like watching paint dry.

Hibs paint outside of the stadium in its colours green, well done good job enough said time to move on.

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2017, 10:31 AM
this thread is like watching paint dry.

Hibs paint outside of the stadium in its colours green, well done good job enough said time to move on.

Wait until it turns into a flag debate :greengrin